- Summary: Enemy Front is the realistic tale of a hardened soldier dropped behind Nazi lines to engage in dynamic, diversified missions ranging from quick skirmishes, espionage assignments, and sabotage activities. The epic scope of Enemy Front spans several years and key battles as it progresses from the trenches of a desolate France right on through to Berlin and a secret weapons base. Once there, the player must thwart the plans for a terrifying weapon that will all but assure a global Nazis victory.… Expand
Jun 13, 2014Fairly straight-forward first person shooter set during WW2 with average cryengine graphics and boring story. Although Enemy Front lacks highlights or memorable levels, some of the more open areas invite the player to experiment with the optional stealth /sniper gameplay. Unfortunately, this aforementioned game mechanic also has its flaws.
Jun 23, 2014It plays like a poor man's Call of Duty, copying everything except the stuff that makes the series enjoyable. It's unpolished, has terrible enemy AI, impossible stealth, boring multiplayer, a badly-told story, last-gen graphics, and the shooting is merely okay.
Jun 25, 2014An inconsistent World War 2 shooter that has been overtaken by unfinished AI, halfway decent game mechanics, and short gameplay duration. It would like to measure itself against distinctively more expensive game production, however, it is revealing its weaknesses all the more. Enemy Front is like universal brown sauce (UBS) – it does not have distinctive flavour whatsoever, and the next day after you finish the game – you will most likely not even remember it.
Jun 25, 2014If you're a fan of WW2 FPS games definitely worth checking out. So far played a few hours and it's kept my interest. The game isn't perfect but it's not "BAD" either, fans of WW2 FPS definetly give it some consideration. Not that many would care but the soundtrack is also decent.
AI needs to be patched up, but for $29.99 it's worth a consideration for the WW2 FPS fans out there or perhaps anyone looking for something other then the norm nowadays,… Expand
Jun 19, 2014God is good to play a ww2 shooter again.
The gameplay is pretty good , you can pretty much decide how you will succeed in your mission , go stealth or just guns blazing.
The fact that you can pick your own route through the map makes it even cooler .
Although it's pretty obvious they played some of the well known ww2 shooters its still a unique game.
The best way to find out if you like this game is to just buy it , it's only 20 euros , its not like your paying 70 euros for another call of duty thats exactly the same as the last one.
Also I see lots of people complaining about the game but you should consider that it was only 20 euros.… Expand
Jun 24, 2014+++ Pros +++
1. Interesting story and settings of WW2.
2. 12 levels campaign is ok.
3. The levels are different and fairly open in the first half of the game.
- - - Cons - - -
1. No Co-op campaign (There are 2 characters and your companion is bot only).
2. Multiplayer is versus only and basic with only 4 maps.
3. AI of enemies and your allies is a bad joke.
4. Graphics are average - indestructible objects (Crysis from 2007 has destructible objects).
5.The special ammo (panzerfaust) to destroy tanks is limited and you can get stuck or restart.
Basic shooter for WW2 fans only.… Expand
Jun 14, 2014For older gamers - like myself (way into the 30s at this point), this game is either going to be a serious affront to the memory of all that was good about Medal of Honor's first instalment - because that is essentially what it is. A modern day Medal of Honor part 1.
CryEngine..awesome. Lovely stuff we've had from CryEngine, notably the Crysis series. However, what the devs here have failed to realize is that though you may have impressive names at the front end of your game, piss poor gameplay will **** it right up. And it did. Royally.
Just a nutshell list for you.
1. The AI is SHOCKINGLY **** It is so bad in some areas it defies all belief. Any MoH Airborne players will relate immediately to how friggin annoying it is to have AI 'team mates' get in the damn way? Well these ones PUSH YOU out of the way - more often than not into harms way.
2. There is no real cover mechanics here, you can't peak left or right from behind cover, but worse, the only kind of cover you get is from just moving behind a box or a sheet or metal. That's it! That is ALL it is.
This leads to
3. You face a small swarm of enemies, get yourself riddled with bullets and fire back. Rinse and repeat, over and over and over again.
4. Back to dim AI, there is very little to show of in terms of real war-time tactics used here. If you want a tactical shooter with a WW2 theme, go play Brothers In Arms "Hell's Highway", or similar.
This game, despite looking fairly good, was let down so very, very, VERY badly, by some seriously poor AI and limited gameplay.
I hope, if they intend to release a 2nd one - which is unwise at this rate - that it is a VAST improvement upon this one.
Save your money, buy something else. I mean it. You can thank me later.… Expand
Jun 19, 2014Occasionally nice visuals. The story has a promise, but I was not convinced by the Rambo-like reporter. ;) With enough budget and a better team this could make a good cinematic experience. The AI is dumb as a shoe. You can finish the game with the sniper rifle which is good at any distance. The stealth elements are broken, it's always more fun to mow down the enemies with an assault rifle (or the sniper rifle!). Gameplay is clunky, this game has better visuals than the old CoD, MoH and BiA games, but is worse in every other aspect. You can play it if you find it in the sale bin and are OK with playing a mindless class B (or C) shooter. There is some fun. On overall, though, I do not recommend this game.… Expand
Jun 13, 2014Terribad - Next to no unique story. Next to no unique format. Dated graphics. Long load times. Horrible voice acting and scripting.
Short linear maps with pretty much the same thing over and over. Held my attention for about an hour, much of that being load screens. And when I say bad graphics, I mean both animations and textures are at the very least 5 years out of date. Don't bother wasting your money. Really.… Expand