5.7

1. Jun 14, 2014
    So I start the game and first thing I notice can't skip the intro, hmm not nice but I'll survive, then a loading screen pops that throws me the usual "press start to enter" before it throws me to the main menu wait! why?. Why do the games have that? it makes no sense. Now finally in the main menu I see that the game is set to use gamepad controls, ok lets change that (as much as I love my 360 pad I do prefer to play an fps game with mouse&keyboard) since the game isn't capable detecting my input automatically (something every modern pc game MUST be able to do) and SURPRISE! no option do do that. So I decide to try and play anyway and as usual you have this tutorial mission that shows you how to play. Unfortunately it means nothing to me since the game insists on gamepad and shows gamepad icons while I am using mouse and keyboard. Well the graphics are bad, AI tends to rush soldiers right in front of my gun. I played for an hour or two and quit the game.

"Experience gorgeous environments, all powered by CryENGINE®3 technology. ." The developer says Well I call BS, Definitely not as advertised.

STAY AWAY AND SAVE YOUR MONEY!!.
  2. Jun 14, 2014
    For older gamers - like myself (way into the 30s at this point), this game is either going to be a serious affront to the memory of all that was good about Medal of Honor's first instalment - because that is essentially what it is. A modern day Medal of Honor part 1.
    CryEngine..awesome. Lovely stuff we've had from CryEngine, notably the Crysis series. However, what the devs here have
    failed to realize is that though you may have impressive names at the front end of your game, piss poor gameplay will **** it right up. And it did. Royally.
    Just a nutshell list for you.
    1. The AI is SHOCKINGLY **** It is so bad in some areas it defies all belief. Any MoH Airborne players will relate immediately to how friggin annoying it is to have AI 'team mates' get in the damn way? Well these ones PUSH YOU out of the way - more often than not into harms way.
    2. There is no real cover mechanics here, you can't peak left or right from behind cover, but worse, the only kind of cover you get is from just moving behind a box or a sheet or metal. That's it! That is ALL it is.
    This leads to
    3. You face a small swarm of enemies, get yourself riddled with bullets and fire back. Rinse and repeat, over and over and over again.
    4. Back to dim AI, there is very little to show of in terms of real war-time tactics used here. If you want a tactical shooter with a WW2 theme, go play Brothers In Arms "Hell's Highway", or similar.

This game, despite looking fairly good, was let down so very, very, VERY badly, by some seriously poor AI and limited gameplay.
    I hope, if they intend to release a 2nd one - which is unwise at this rate - that it is a VAST improvement upon this one.

Save your money, buy something else. I mean it. You can thank me later.
  3. Jun 13, 2014
    A big dissapointement with this title, I really hoped for great WW2 shooter but what I got is a low budget WW2 shooter that brings nothing interesting with it. This game should be sold as digital download for 15$ because what it offers for current price is a joke. +WW2 (Not many games set in ww2 out there) +Graphics (Cryengine did it's job) +Maps size -Bugs (First 5-10 minutes of game and I have already seen 3 or 4 bugs and yes some are really annoying)

-Combat system, it seems to be literally broken, most of the time it takes one bullet to kill enemy when sometimes you have to waste 10 or more bullets on him.

- Breach/Slow-mo segments are horrible, Terrible hitboxes (I breached a door and had to kill a nazi that was holding somebody hostage about half a meter away from my face, so I shot the hostage in the face... Apparently, that's where the nazi's hitbox was, so the hostage survived and the nazi flopped to the floor) the devs couldn't even be bothered to make the guns' animations and sounds actually adapt to the slow-motion.

- Map designs, don't be shocked when you will encounter: One building copy-pasted into a different area, with a few textures changed and a few static props added...

- AI, it's complete nightmare, some enemies take cover, others run into your face and just sit in front of you while spraying down their MP40, they don't seem actually to bother when you will throw grenade under their feets.

- This game just screams rushed and unpolished... Whoever wrote the subtitles and objectives couldn't even be bothered to check the grammar, let me quote text from game "You have got to hurry up before the enemy shoot the hostage" and believe me theres much, much more of this.

To sum up:
    Enemy Front at it's current state is one of the most broken games out there at the moment, it doesn't provide fun as it should do and makes you feel frustrated at some point.
    I highly recommend to wait for price to go down and some patched to be released because it's just no fun at the moment.
  4. Jun 13, 2014
    Terribad - Next to no unique story. Next to no unique format. Dated graphics. Long load times. Horrible voice acting and scripting. Bad AI. Short linear maps with pretty much the same thing over and over. Held my attention for about an hour, much of that being load screens. And when I say bad graphics, I mean both animations and textures are at the very least 5 years out of date. Don't bother wasting your money. Really. Expand
  5. Jun 14, 2014
    it honestly isn't as bad as some of the reviews make it to be. but it's not near good as well. it's generally playable albeit with unimpressive graphics. the AI is pretty dumb. the open-world sand-box concept and the generally many ways you can go about to complete a mission is appreciated but spoiled by the rather tepid enemy AI. the sound track/ musical score on the other hand is pretty good.
  6. Jun 19, 2014
    Occasionally nice visuals. The story has a promise, but I was not convinced by the Rambo-like reporter. ;) With enough budget and a better team this could make a good cinematic experience. The AI is dumb as a shoe. You can finish the game with the sniper rifle which is good at any distance. The stealth elements are broken, it's always more fun to mow down the enemies with an assault rifle (or the sniper rifle!). Gameplay is clunky, this game has better visuals than the old CoD, MoH and BiA games, but is worse in every other aspect. You can play it if you find it in the sale bin and are OK with playing a mindless class B (or C) shooter. There is some fun. On overall, though, I do not recommend this game. Expand
  7. Jun 19, 2014
    Never have hope on CI Games. They always disappoint.
    The graphics in this game really very bad, so does the texture. (CryEngine 3 is awesome but not in this game). The AI is super dumb. I don't know whether the gun is overpowered or the enemy is too weak, you only need to kill them in 1-3 shot but the playable character can take like 20+ shot but still stay alive with a lot of health. It
    is just way too easy and completely not challenging. The stealth and the multiplayer in this game is not good. Story isn't impressive. The voice acting sucks. Countless number of glitches and bugs. If you are looking for a WWII FPS Games, go buy Wolfenstein The New Order (with much better graphics and story) or wait for the upcoming Sniper Elite III. If you really want to try this game, wait until the game price drop to $5-10 Expand
  8. Jun 18, 2014
    I had somewhat high expectations for this game after seeing the nice media in-game screenshots and gameplay trailers. The real thing isn't like that. Big disappointment. You won't miss anything if you skip this one.
  9. Jun 14, 2014
    Zapowiadalo sie obiecujaco, jako gra dajaca mozliwosc ciszego eliminowania przeciwnikow, tymczasem praktyczeni zawsze konczy sie strzelanina i to dosyc glupia, bo AI smierdzi na kilometr. Nie dosc ze przeciwnik potrafi pojawic sie znikad za twoimi plecami, to wystazuy czekac za rogiem zeby przybiegli i nie dali raduy cie zabic podczas gdy ty spokojnie z pistoletu zabijesz ich jednym strzalem w glowe,
    Zawiodlem sie na tej grze. Jak na polskei warunki to ujdzie, ale generalnie to jest to gra mocno srdenia.
    PS: co nie przeszkodzilo mi przejsc ja w jeden wieczor i jedno przedpoludnie :)
  10. Jun 19, 2014
    God is good to play a ww2 shooter again. The gameplay is pretty good , you can pretty much decide how you will succeed in your mission , go stealth or just guns blazing. The fact that you can pick your own route through the map makes it even cooler . Although it's pretty obvious they played some of the well known ww2 shooters its still a unique game. The best way to find out if you like this game is to just buy it , it's only 20 euros , its not like your paying 70 euros for another call of duty thats exactly the same as the last one.

Also I see lots of people complaining about the game but you should consider that it was only 20 euros.
  11. Jun 24, 2014
    +++ Pros +++ 1. Interesting story and settings of WW2. 2. 12 levels campaign is ok. 3. The levels are different and fairly open in the first half of the game. - - - Cons - - - 1. No Co-op campaign (There are 2 characters and your companion is bot only). 2. Multiplayer is versus only and basic with only 4 maps. 3. AI of enemies and your allies is a bad joke. 4. Graphics are average - indestructible objects (Crysis from 2007 has destructible objects).
    5.The special ammo (panzerfaust) to destroy tanks is limited and you can get stuck or restart.

Basic shooter for WW2 fans only.
  12. Jul 6, 2014
    Look man. i really tried. maybe 3-4 hours. but really tried. tried shoot someone and get checkpoints. tried rescue some guys. but i cant take this. its really bad game. if you ask my advice dont play this game. you love ww2 game or not dont play this game. play call of duty 1 or 2 even better. sorry my bad english. see you :)
  13. Jun 25, 2014
    If you're a fan of WW2 FPS games definitely worth checking out. So far played a few hours and it's kept my interest. The game isn't perfect but it's not "BAD" either, fans of WW2 FPS definetly give it some consideration. Not that many would care but the soundtrack is also decent.

AI needs to be patched up, but for $29.99 it's worth a consideration for the WW2 FPS fans out there or
    perhaps anyone looking for something other then the norm nowadays, Expand
  14. Aug 25, 2014
    Just good WW2 shooter! Refreshes old memories made while playing Medal of Honor series or Call of Duty! Made by not big studio.

Graphics @ PC are good, soundtrack is awesome.
  15. Jul 2, 2014
    I liked the game, no matter what anyone says. I noticed errors, but the locations, great weapon and music, have compensated for it. No regrets neither money, neither time.
  16. Jun 15, 2014
    Nice game , everything is ok , except graphics and Ai . Game is very climatic production and have many good advantages (story , wwII game ,it's working on older pc )
    P.s Game isn't only graphic and effects . For me game should be interesting and suprising.
  17. Jun 16, 2014
    The Enemy Front is a solid game in my opinion. Evidently earlier Call of Dutyes are role models. It could not catch it with the roll model but it is a step foward from Sniper Ghost Warrior 2nd. Fast paced combat, a lot of shooting, a lot of explosions and atmoshfere of war .. it is all what i expect from WWII game. Graphics are solid on maximum, maybe some effects are that much shiny, but it is not so weak spot in my opinion as I can read in other user reviews. Worst things in game are the story, terrible cut scenes and voice acting somewhat clunky map and objective tab. All in all this game is a welcome addition before I move foward to Wolfenstein. Expand
  18. Jun 26, 2014
    muito bom game, nao é o melhor game de tiro que existe, nem vai concorrer a goty, mas pra quem gosta de fps e armas de segunda guerra é um prato cheio, me diverti do mesmo jeito que ja tinha me divertido na epoca que jogava fps na geraçao passada.
  19. Jul 1, 2014
    Couldn't skip the intro. Started off with a cutscene before a cutscene, poor visuals, all the controls are made for controllers. Telling me to press RB and LB and A/B/X/Y for things. No options for toggling aiming or crouching (crouch is toggled, aiming isn't?!). Laughable AI, no real story, gave up after a mission or two. Just a really poor generic WW2 shooter done badly.
  20. Jun 28, 2014
    I've played a few hours now and I think it's actually pretty fun. I mean the game is not a $60 game, so I'm not sure why people are comparing it to the latest Call of Duty. Doesn't seem fair really. Personally, I think the graphics are pretty fun and I haven't really tired of killing Nazis yet, especially if you are a World War 2 buff. My biggest beef is the AI for certain. I think the game needed another 6 months honestly. But all in all, I'm having fun with it. I think a good bug patch would lift this game into the 70% area on fun factor and graphics. It's too bad one hasn't come yet. Expand
  21. Jun 24, 2014
    I personally have enjoyed every minute of the single player side of this game and for that alone would purchase it again. I played the game with DX11 although DX9 is also available. Graphics are very good and the WWII feeling is present. The houses and streets are filled with detail. You will enjoy a good 10 hours+ of entertainment going through the levels. I did play on expert/hard mode throughout the release and yes, the AI could have been a bit tougher. Overall, a fun romp thru time back in the day.

It falls short on release with just a 12 player system based on 1 of the 12 hosting the game. But, they have released version 1.0 of a dedicated server file already and I am sure they will get it out there eventually with more features. This is a must for this title to thrive along with more Multiplayer levels to play.

I will look forward to Enemy Front 2...
    That said, at a 24-30.00 buy in..the single player alone was with that to "me".
  22. Jul 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. seemed to me the taste of the old wolfenstein game.
    Game design has been fine places.
    The heroes highly impressed me, especially on the air.
    The subject of the recent world war 2 should be seen as a structure.
  23. Jul 23, 2014
    Enemy Front is a flawed game. Technical hiccups are constantly present - some especially obvious to someone like me, who is experienced with CryEngine map design.

But beneath the flaws is a refreshing and vibrant WWII FPS. The environments are not the best CryEngine has to offer, but they are hardly ugly. About the only truly negative aspect is the fact everything is nailed to the
    floor. Patches seem to have ironed out the worst of the technical issues faced at launch. Voice acting is very good. Stealth is fickle, but very usable, and the weapons are varied and fun to use.

I hope this review convinces others to give this underrated gem a chance.

I am also interested in the possibility of modifications which could improve the game, since CryEngine is one of the most open game engines around.
  24. Jul 6, 2014
    I don't know why people complain so much to this game. Maybe AI is not ideal but graphics is exactly these same like they show on trailer and gameplay. Weapon and location looks very nice, mission is interesting and not too easy. For me Enemy Front is good game but everyone has their own opinion. I think this game is good to be recommended.

Just another superfluous WW2 game that is brought down by horrendous AI and shoddy attempts at emotional heroism. [Issue#244]
  2. Aug 25, 2014
    I would situate this game somewhere between ‘acceptable’ and ‘not bad’. Developers had big ambitions and suffered a defeat, but in my eyes it’s an honorable defeat. [08/2014, p.56]
  3. Jul 21, 2014
    It doesn't matter if the game explores an interesting yet unknown aspect of WWII, the Warsaw Uprising, its lack of presentation and good art direction, along with tons of bugs, overshadow some interesting design ideas and good level design. The lackluster multiplayer doesn't help much to improve the game, either.