5.7

1. MirkoT.
    Jun 28, 2003
    The graphics are ugly (especially the interior of the subs looks like being drawn by a seven-years-old child), there is almost no sound (you don't hear any voices, exploding ships don't make any sounds, the few sounds actually present are poor and/or unrealistic), the interface is not exact, and - of course this only applies to the German version - the German translation is so The graphics are ugly (especially the interior of the subs looks like being drawn by a seven-years-old child), there is almost no sound (you don't hear any voices, exploding ships don't make any sounds, the few sounds actually present are poor and/or unrealistic), the interface is not exact, and - of course this only applies to the German version - the German translation is so bad that it seems more like a bad joke than a serious game (German submarines have ENGLISH names). Expand
  2. THAM
    Sep 9, 2003
    I agree with Mirko T. The graphics, interface, simulation of the subs' controls and sounds are very poor. The sounds of enemy ships' guns are like some third-rate Hong Kong gangster movie. The graphics looks like some DOS game similar to "SSN" some years back.
  3. ChrisN.
    Dec 3, 2005
    Bought the game and brought it home only to find out it didnt work, either the company itself messed up or their was so many damn hackers which i doubt but either way when i tried to enter my CD Key it said it was invalid. I did buy this game off the cheap rack at EB GAmes but still be nice if it bloody well worked.

1. In my opinion what could make this good game into a fantastic game would have been the use of voiceovers. If I could hear "in coming torpedoes" then I could yell out "Hard to starboard ahead flank" That would have even been more realistic.
  2. I haven't enjoyed a naval simulator this much since "Silent Hunter II." A great title!
  3. Computer Games Magazine
    For now this feels like a course at the naval academy while you wait to get out to sea. [Aug 2003, p.87]