• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Sep 27, 2012
6.4

1. AWG
    Aug 9, 2013
    Destructoid nailed it pretty much perfectly. This game is not a great game.
  2. Nov 4, 2013
    I think making this type of game is a lost art. I love old school shooters, but this just frustrated me. It looks lovely but it's telling that I'd rather play an old Apogee shooter from 1993 than this.
  3. Nov 21, 2013
    Un juego entretenido basado en destruir naves espaciales y mas adelante vas matando naves mas grandes (jefes)
    Lo que mas me ha gustado del juego es que es muy básico y cumple su función, destruir naves a diestro y siniestro.
    Lo que no me ha gustado del juego ha sido que es demasiado loco, disparan demasiadas a la vez y cuesta evitar que alguna te de, también es ilógico que al perder la
    partida te pongan desde el principio... Expand
  4. Sep 5, 2013
    There is nothing fun, interesting, or redeeming in this shooter. The gameplay and mechanics are boring, while the graphics and sounds do not add to the experience in any way. The game also suffers from some poorly implemented design choices concerning the visibility of enemy bullets.
  5. Jul 1, 2013
    I also agree the Destructoid review doesn't do this game much justice. The core game play is there for shooter fans.

This is game is definitely heavy on the visuals and it's certainly possible to get lost in a sea of bullets, but like most shoot 'em ups, Ether Vapor's formula is pattern+execution. Learning what wave of enemies is next and being in the right place to wear down tougher
    bad guys is absolutely key to avoid being overwhelmed.

Another thing about Ether is that its multiple weapons aren't just for variety they're absolutely necessary to learn and use, and knowing when to switch off weapons during scene transitions or after taking down a micro-boss is also key.

These old school style games require both pattern memory and execution, and even though they're easy to pick up, getting good is a whole different story. This is not the best of this genre, but the 4.5 Destructoid gave it typically signifies a game that's unplayable for me, and that's not even close to the case here.
  6. Nov 6, 2013
    I have no idea why people appreciate this game but people see things differently. That's why we have world wars and conflicts between countries. Sometimes certain populations are brain washed into believing something ridiculous to be true. This is the type of situation that could lead to such an event such as genocide or nuclear winter. It's absolutely ridiculous to say that this is a good game. If you want to win just hide in a corner and hold down fire. The graphics are shiny I will give it that. There is some shiny stuff going on in this game. Everything else, it's so stupid I can't even go over it. How bout this... if you add shiny to Midway 1942 that was released in 1984... who am I kidding that is still a much better game. I give you guys a 1 for making it shiny. Expand
  7. May 14, 2013
    Unfortunately, i would have to disagree with destructoid in most ways. It was nicely designed, in fact, i love how they could change the camera angles. Sine Mora is superior compared to this game, but this game is just awesome. Yeah the game lacks in content alright, but overal, its a nice shooter and i enjoyed it almost too much.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Jul 9, 2012
    It's a very flashy, interesting shooter that doesn't bare direct comparison to anything else out in the market. Unfortunately, that's all it really has going for it since it's such a frustrating and poorly designed shooter. It doesn't help that the game is difficult, limiting health and continues until you unlock more through failed attempts. People love to say Sine Mora is style over substance, but the substance is still clearly there. In Ether Vapor's case, it just isn't and style can only go so far in this genre.