8.6

1. Feb 10, 2013
    I'll start with my only two bad points, the creators of this game often repeat scenery (to fill out the game) and that includes cities. They are all identical and consist of an eight-shaped design with maybe two or three little roads spiking off in random directions. They counteract this issue by filling the scenery with city specific items, for example. going into London lets you see the Gherkin and various other famous towers and statues. I would have liked driving around a city with buildings towering over the congested city streets. The other bad point is, like Nerd³ said, there are pathetic offences you have to keep paying if you leave your lights on or drive on the wrong side of the road. Ok, they are the only two bad points I have on this game, it needs big cities and less offences. Gameplay wise, it's fantastic. i play with a keyboard and mouse and it's fine to play. The rain is magical and increases your breaking distance, especially with a heavy load. I suppose you can check out other reviews for various good points, but I just wanted to tell you the worst of it in case they didn't. Great game, £15, you'll definitely get your money's worth out of it. Expand
  2. Feb 11, 2013
    This is by far one of the best simulators I have ever played! It gets the perfect balance between game and simulator, you can build you're own trucking empire and the simulation is very realistic, you really do feel like you're driving a truck. as for graphics, Euro Truck Simulator 2 looks fantastic on ultra graphics setting, which as many of us know is surprising for a simulator! All things considered, Euro Truck Simulator 2 is worth you're time if your a fan of simulators. Expand
  3. Feb 21, 2013
    I've been looking for a driving simulator for some time, and while I this game has plenty of flaws, its pretty addictive and enjoyable enough. It's not entirely realistic there aren't really any visual signs of damage when you crash (although you are charged for repair), the sounds of the engine and particular the ratio could have been better, and one thing that was a bit disappointing was that some of the route I know pretty well and they don't really resemble them at all. Timescales are also a little bit disappointing, you can make a pretty lengthy journey in a relatively short time, and whilst I doubt anyone would want to sit behind a wheel of a cab for 8 hour straight on a PC game, it would have been nice to have the option available to complete the experience. Other notable downsides are the lack of traffic. It builds up quite well at some junctions but in the cities, which are extremely small and unrealistic, you don't really see much more traffic than on the motorways/freeways. All that being said, the game is enjoyable, with many decent elements. The graphics aren't overly amazing but do a reasonable job at making you feel 'on the road'. The radio is a nice touch (you can use your own music files or tune in to a genuine internet radio by editing the files) however it doesn't appear that you can just flick it on and off when you want.. you have to select one of your songs on a menu, taking you away from the game, and then press play. I couldn't see any shuffle or repeat options, so when it came to uploading an album of the same artist, you got nothing but them. There are some good elements of realism though... speed cameras, traffic lights and a limited weather cycle (only seen sun, cloud and rain so far). I've played on both keyboard and controller and both work fine after configuration. The game is currently on Steam at £24.99 and while I am enjoying playing the demo, I'm not about to part with my money. It's a decent enough title, but it lacks any resemblance to what I would expect from a 2013 game at £25. Half the price at this quality and I would probably consider buying. I'm still waiting for someone to take on the challenge and create a lifelike map of the UK/Europe/USA to drive around. Add in some Police patrols, boy racers and little old granny's and I'll part with my hard earned money. In summary, if you are looking for a driving experience that verges on the edge of reality rather than arcade, then this is definitely worth a look, however you will need to be able to look past the missing elements that could have made this a really decent simulator.

Thanks for reading.
  4. Mar 3, 2013
    I'm not a fan of trucks, I decided to download the demo of this game by chance, not knowing that hours later I would be buying one of the most great games I've ever played. Physics is very good, the scenery is beautiful, and the thousands contents of the game deserve note 10/10. I rate 9 because you can not run the game on high graphics.
  5. Apr 24, 2013
    Such a relaxing experience and a new standard for simulation games. Got it at a price of $20 on steam though a sale. Definitely worth buying at any price. 10/10
  6. Nov 16, 2013
    I'm sure this isn't for everyone but for me it's brilliant. I have a 3 monitor set up with a G27 so it's a very realistic, immersive experience. The graphics and IA are top notch. It must be a labour of love for people who work on that game as it's the nuts.
  7. Mar 11, 2013
    I discovered this game through Steam, and from playing SCANIA Truck Driving Simulator which I purchased on sale on Origin.

I have never played Euro Truck Simulator (1), But I liked that unlike Scania, I drove actual missions and traveled across parts of Europe.

It is geared more towards people who play with a steering wheel control and those who like driving Big Rig trucks or
    Lorries.

On my PC I managed quite well, I only played the Demo. I have not yet had time to play the full version as I am studying for a few exams. But I did see cars, sometimes so many it was a pain to pull out or cross a major intersection waiting for a big enough opening. Some cars will stop, others will drive right through you as you try to pull out. Some will brake early and on yellow lights, causing you to hit them.

I received a fine for headlights, but think it would be nice to see police on the road and on the side of the roads (speed traps). With the new features and camera views of Google Maps, I cannot see improvements in a future release. Games like GTA, Mafia and The Getaway showed how detailed games can be when it comes to re-creating cities and roads.

Yes, you are mostly driving on highways, and there is rarely and views except trees, farms, and more trees... it would be nice to explore Europe and see realistic scenery and roads.

Overall a great game, but I would probably wait for it to go on sale, as there are a few minor issues that kept me from buying at full retail price.

One of which is tunnel vision when playing on a single monitor (possibly a multi-monitor setup takes care of this issue). Would be nice if I had the ability to temporarily turn my head and it auto centered my head to my previous view. People? Can't remember if I saw people or not... it would be a nice touch and make the downtown areas more interesting.
    With a few minor tweaks and possibly additions added with mods/upgrades. I think this game can be a must have.

I would recommend this game to die hard trucking fans, and those who are just curious as too how hard it is to drive and park a Big Rig Truck.

Yes, the physics are not realistic enough to be a great simulator, it is entertaining enough to give those curious a taste of the trucking life.

I don't think there were any major technical flaws, so I think a good expansion and some updates/patches can fix any minor issues.

My rating scale is basically Good, OK, Bad, when it comes to games. But this game is somewhere between Good and OK, so I give it an 8. Which is in line with the professionals review.
  8. Mar 19, 2013
    Great game for simulation gamest. Graphics and gameplay are great. Plus with additional updates with extended maps, I will be playing this game for years. The only thing I would like is a little more detail in the business aspect. More detail would be nice. But this game is by far the best truck simulator I've ever played.
  9. Apr 6, 2013
    Compared to other simulators that have been released in the past, this one is pretty good. The sound is good, the graphics are nice (aside from the anti-aliasing), and the game-play is fun for the most part.

The main problem with this game is repetition. Obviously there's only so much you can do with a truck simulator, but there aren't any random events aside from weather changes that
    occur in-game. They should have added random accidents, road obstructions, route changes, and competition with other freight companies. I do enjoy the challenge of backing and docking the trailer when you reach your destination; doing so gives you plenty of extra experience and makes it somewhat challenging until you get the hang of it. Just remember your trailer will go right if you turn left and vice versa. And you need to know when to steer your wheels in order to get the trailer where you want it just like real life.

The scenery is nice but all the cities feel the same. They did pay attention to which side of the road people drive on in particular countries you enter which is nice.

The NPC AI is awful. Cars will stop for no reason and block the road for a while. There's an option to turn pedestrians off/on but you seldom see any walking around the cities.

Customizing the trucks can be fun but it's mainly cosmetic things. You can swap chassis, motors, transmissions, and wheels/tires but that's about it. You can, however, adjust the braking, throttle, and steering response, etc. in the game options which is nice.

If you enjoy trucking simulators then this game is definitely worth purchasing, but don't expect it to be something extremely great. I see it as a way to kill time while I'm relaxing at home.
  10. Apr 8, 2013
    To be honest simulators are not one of my favorite genres Especially those that are titled Farming Simulator and "Road Construction Simulator But I haven't played such a good driving game since Grid on the PS3.
    ETS 2 has superb graphics and insane realism kind of like the Arma of the driving game genre. The AI of the other vehicles is clever and responsive The vast array of
    controls for keyboard wheel or even controller makes the game a fun experience without confusing the setup It is quick to load up and you can continue where you left off as a trip from the tip of Scotland to the bottom of Italy will keep you intrigued until its time for you to turn off for the night either in game or in real life! The ability to take out an in-game loan from the bank at any point makes it easy and non stressful to have a comfortable sum whilst you repay the money back daily not to mention the jobs that already have equipment provided even a truck )
    Overall this was certainly worth the money and has plenty of replay ability.
  11. Apr 11, 2013
    At first I thought "who the hell wants to become a truck driver?", now I have to surrender to SCS. Great game, real deal. I am not a truck fan, but I find this game very relaxing and extremely beautiful, especially the raining effect!

I highly recommend this game, it is a beast!
  12. Apr 13, 2013
    Este juego es simplemente relajante, la verdas es que es muy divertido, te hace sentirte como si fueras un camionero de verdad, tambien podes escuchar tu musica y reproducir una radio online! GEstionar tu propia empresa tal vez paresca complicado al principio pero despues te acostumbras con el tiempo. La fisica capaz sea extraña, muchas veces el camion se me volteaba, segunds despues se me desbolteaba y miraba "0%" de daño al camion y a la carga. Lo que no me gusta, por eso le baje unos puntos, es el trafico, exactamente, ¿cual trafico? el que no esta, no hay trafico, hay mas autos en las rutas donde no hay nada (maximo 4 o 5 autos) que en una ciudad. Por alguna razon, este juego es muy
    "alemaniasante", alemania es el centro de todo, es el pais con mas ciudades y todo. Muchas rutas las encontraras aburridas, pero otras tienen curvas muy complicadas de dominar y la carretera es muy chica para un camion que varias veces lleva como carga un gran tanque de presion. Pero es muy recomendable que lo compren al juego, si te gusta manejar (mucho mejor con un volante), y los juegos tranquilos, Euro Truck Simulator 2, es para vos.
  13. Apr 14, 2013
    Great game excellent features. Very good graphics and I would certinally reccomend this game. There is quite a lot of features on this game. Worth getting!!
  14. Apr 18, 2013
    At first I bought this game just to try it out because a friend recommended it to me when I had nothing to do with my old PC racing wheel so I just hooked it up and started to play and I must say that this is one of the most chill games I've played. It just feels excellent to drive around with a truck in this game. It's really fun and has quite some good mods for maps, fixes and changes to stuff.

Totally buy this game.
  15. Apr 19, 2013
    From simply playing the demo and doing one journey i am already drawn to the game and will most definitely be paying for the full game. Whether it is the sense of realism it brings or the strategic decisions you must make in order to buy new trucks, workers etc. this truly is a real marvel. Thanks to coverage from various youtubers i am now 100% sure this is a MUST BUY!
  16. Jul 21, 2013
    The best game I have! The game is amazing! You can buy and upgrade trucks, paint and put accessories to make a truckload of style! You can drive on all roads of Europe! You can meet new cities and explore them to find dealers and agencies to hire employees for your company. You can make several modifications to your truck, as the engine and even the accessories inside the cabin. You have to get gas, pay tolls and even sleep in hotels when your character has sleep!! Expand
  17. May 2, 2013
    I've never been a fan of driving games, namely because I use the keyboard and mouse and always felt you need a steering wheel to get the full control, so I was a little hesitant when I bought this, but the price was 50% so said what the heck. It's a pretty good game, fairly addictive though the steering wheel would still help a lot. The graphics are really nice, the mp3 player and internet radio is cool and hauling stuff around Europe is great. The only drawbacks are the game is quite limited to what you can and cannot do. Yes, you can own a garage and have people work for you, but it's essentially go from point A to point B. You can road hog, clip stop signs with your trailer and often times hit vehicles with no penalty, yet other times the cpu drivers are so bad, they plow right into you! That being said; I think the game is quite entertaining and I really hope this development team adds more content as it could be a great game with additions. On a side note and something that a few complained about being a lack of sounds, skins, etc. There are some fantastic mods out there that change the game completely if one would just do an internet search. Expand
  18. May 4, 2013
    Just relax, put your music and deliver the cargo. This game lets you feel like a real truck driver! Do your job through the streets of Europe, customize your truck and your business while you enjoy looking at the stunning, non-linear scenery of Euro Truck SImulator's big, big map with no loadings. For more longevity, this game is highly moddable too! Definetly one of those games when you are not in the mood for action and just want to relax and have fun at the same time instead. Expand
  19. May 12, 2013
    Considering I got the game for $18, I have to say it's pretty good. Realistic environments, repairs, fuel stops, leveling skills up and general truck driving, as well as the well integrated ability to manage your growing business with loans and other workers. Sometimes it can get a teeny bit boring on long journeys, and some cities do look a bit dull, but the way they've correctly put the speed-limits in kph/mph in the right countries is very good, and it keeps you alert along side the driving on different sides. Overall an enjoyable experience to consider looking into. Expand
  20. May 13, 2013
    This is one of the most fun simulator that I have had the chance to play. Not only does the controls feel good and the game simply look spectacular, it has fun and interesting gameplay. I did not think that I would play a lot of Euro Truck Simulator 2, or at least not often, but it has become the game that I launch if I know I have at least 30 minutes free. I always end up getting absorbed in the game and when I crash I actually feel a bit of fear and sadness that I've damaged the truck that I've been working so hard to get. I have been enjoy ETS 2 a great deal and it has surpassed all impressions that I had from it. Expand
  21. Jun 7, 2013
    Euro Truck Simulator is a great simulator in that it's actually fun. Unlike many simulators it has a working game-play aspect that makes it fun. I find it relaxing and entertaining to watch my little business grow into a towering empire. The game also features mod support which is always a plus for any games. The trucks have realistic physics and trying to control an out of control truck going 50 miles per hour on a country road can be quite interesting.

The game is slow at the beginning and a bit tiring and usually requires you get a loan to start up, but it's fun once you get your own truck and a small business up and going.

Overall, a nice buy, it's nice and relaxing, and controls pretty well even if you only have a keyboard.
  22. Jun 25, 2013
    Created an account solely so I could write a review for this. In all honesty, I have only played the demo, but I have to say there is something strangely cathartic about this game. I do not like trucks, not into simulators at all and frankly the idea of Europe is foreign to me. So, why am I in love with this game? As others have said, it is so relaxing. I mocked this game when I saw it, downloaded a demo on a whim and thought "Oh my God! This is amazing." I hate driving games but something about this made me smile. I love driving through the countryside and staying in the right lane. Even if you don't like trucks or driving, I recommend playing the demo, if not the whole thing. As a first person twitch shooter who plays Saints Row the Third laughing while running over people, this game blew me away. Very good, looking forward to buying the complete version. Expand
  23. Jul 13, 2013
    The best simulator of all time Who would have ever thought that a Euro Truck Simulator would get a rating this high? This simulator is one of the most relaxing games ever, but can also be very intense when carrying fragile cargo. The scenery is beautiful. When it rains ingame, I get the same warm feeling inside as when it rains in real life. I give it a perfect score because I just can't find anything "wrong" with it. Get this game! Expand
  24. Dec 21, 2013
    El mejor simulador de camiones hasta el momento. Podría tener muchas mejoras pero como no hay predecesores de este estilo con tanta calidad y detalle mi nota tiene que ser un 10. Recomendado para los fanáticos de la simulación y juegos de coches en general, curioso y original cuanto menos
  25. Jul 18, 2013
    suddenly
    Already during the development of the game, it was clear that this game will turn out revolutionary, but I could not imagine that the SCS Software will be able to release such a powerful game.
    Another first part of the graphics did not suffer, however, ETS2, compared to its predecessor, has a gorgeous graphics.
    Physics of the truck did not stay ignored, now they do not stop
    after 5 seconds after we lowered the gas, and continue to roll to a stop.
    However, the fly in the ointment in the ointment there. SCS is not tsali recycle system of fuel, and left the old, at which the fuel burns regardless of the engine speed, and regardless of the distance.

Summing up, I can tell you one thing: must have!
  26. Oct 25, 2013
    GAMEPLAY:

This game is fantastic, but that doesn't make it addicting. It is a game you will play for like a couple hours a day then go play LoL or COD or whatever people seem to like... the gameplay is fun but it can get dull and repetitive. The world is HUGE but invisible walls make it seem linear, but it is fun to build up your company, the early game gets annoying because your only
    getting income through your own jobs and they are all pretty much the same... but the gameplay overall is pretty good. 6/10

VISUALS:

This game, looks decent, it's deep and engaging but in terms of the graphics, its ok...
    the graphics are pretty detailed at times but the cities don't look nice at all, the rain looks good, but when you travel across the sea with ferries you won't even be able to tell if you did it because there is no animation, but the graphics are decent. 7/10

CONTROLS:

The controls are very impressive, turning feels good, accelerating feels realistic, the only problem is that the trucks don't go fast enough, sure it is a simulator but with the size of the world it can get annoying. 8/10

SOUNDTRACK:

I can't review this games soundtrack because it doesn't have any, instead it let's you choose the soundtrack so I can't score this. N/A

VARIETY:

This is where the game shines. It allows so much variety in the ways you want to play, want to just explore the world and let your employees do the work for you? You can do that. Do you want to get as much cash as possible and always be working every second? Do that too. 8/10

CONTENT:

This game will never run out of content. I challenge anyone to have explored the entire game world, it will take at least 12 hours to do that, plus all the jobs and things you can do, overwhelming? No. Enough to keep you playing for a long time? Yes. 7.5/10

OVERALL:

Overall, this game is good, but will not standout from other driving games like Need For Speed or Driver: San Fransisco, The game is different, as it is a simulator, but it is still not as impressive. Of course, for simulation standards, this will be one of the best games you will find in this genre, but if you are not into simulators, you should still try it out, because it can be really fun at times. 7.4/10!
  27. Jul 19, 2013
    I honestly believe this is one of the best simulation games out there. The Ai is very "intelligent" and that's coming from a Artificial Intelligence & Robotics student, this is a fantastic game that not only highlights why gaming is still fun and brilliant but also how hard it is to be a truck driver.
  28. Jul 19, 2013
    The graphics for this game is amazing for the size of the game (2GB). Even if they copy roads can you design the whole of Europe using a different designed road every time?

@Mephic yes they copied the German roads from GTS that's because the roads are based on real life designs.
  29. Aug 5, 2013
    This is the seconed best game ive ever played, first best simalater, one day i was looking for a trucking game then i came accros this...
    I Loved It!!! Ihope u lve it when you play it to... and you dont just hve to use the truck that they give you, or truck in europe, the maps trucks mods... Hope you buy it
  30. Aug 12, 2013
    I have to say I wasn't expecting much out of this, but this game is no joke.

If you are looking for a relaxing game which will allow you to really leave your house/apt/bungalow for a few hours a night and be somewhere else, this is pretty good way to do it. If you don't have a wheel, use mouse steering. I can't wait to get home tonight to play more. And that rarely happens for me
    since the console mentality took over in about 2004.

Keep in mind, I don't rate games like game sites do, where everything tolerable gets an 8 or a 9. If I find it has that compulsive "I really don't want to stop playing" when its time to go to bed, then I'll consider giving it an 8. Anything else is 7 or less.
  31. Mar 14, 2014
    I really thought I wouldn’t like Euro Truck Simulator 2. I thought it was in the same vein as Farming Simulator, Street Sweeper Simulator, Snow Cat Simulator, etc. It’s not. This is a quality game with effort put into its design and I actually do enjoy it.

ETS2’s biggest positive is that it’s very relaxing to play. If I have a free hour and want to chill out, I will fire this up and do
    a quick trucking job or two. It also does a fair job in presenting you with different landscapes and varied scenery.

The downside is that the landscapes are not quite varied enough. The devs made a decent effort but after playing for a while, you will recognize all the reused set pieces such as highway interchanges, exit ramps, maintenance garages, and branches of companies where you accept jobs. And aside from driving on the left hand side of the street in England and some different background scenery, the experience on every highway and inside each city is virtually the same. Driving in Stuttgart is the same as driving in Paris is the same as driving in Rome. You won’t see the Eiffel Tower or Coliseum in the background nor any other famous streets, bridges or landmarks from any particular city. Likewise, every toll booth and rest stop are exactly the same, whether in Austria, the Netherlands or the Czech Republic.

It’s also missing visual damage to vehicles. Your truck can get damaged by accidents but none of it will show on the outside. Neither will it show up on any car you hit. Every once in a while I like to cause chaos by getting up a head of steam & swerving into oncoming traffic. It’s very unsatisfying when nothing much happens aside from traffic stopping. I know that sort of thing is more reserved for a title like GTA or Saints Row, but still.

The option of playing your own MP3s over the truck’s “radio” while driving was a great idea. Unfortunately, I found this to be a buggy feature. The game won’t play many of my MP3 files and I don’t know why.

To make up for these shortcomings, there is a very engaging career mode. The more deliveries you complete, the more experience you earn. This allows you to gain levels which in turn allows you to build up your driving skills to make more money, unlock new types of delivery jobs and unlock new options & upgrades you can buy for your truck.

Speaking of buying trucks, there are a lot to choose from, based on real life models from manufacturers like Volvo and DAF. They are expensive, but you can take out a loan from the bank if you want to get things rolling early on. You can also buy & upgrade various garages around Europe, buy more trucks, hire drivers to drive them, and all of this will end up earning you even more money.

I’m still in the early stages of the game as I only have the one truck of my own and am working on repaying a loan, but I’m looking forward to continuing to play this. It’s more of something I will progress in gradually rather than sitting down and trying to grind away at. It’s a very nice change of pace.
  32. Dec 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This has to be the single greatest simulator game every made. It's hard to believe a trucking simulator is as fun as this. I can't believe I'm giving this a 10 out of 10! Anyways; let's start with the pros shall we? So, you start off at the very bottom of the totem pole. You have 0 trucks, you don't have anyone working for you, and you don't have a home garage. (Although you do have a home city that you can pick) You have to do odd little jobs to save up enough money and reputation so that the bank notices you. Once they notice you, you can pull out a loan. With the loan you can buy your own truck and start doing better and more lucrative trucking jobs. Throughout the whole game you are upgrading your stats which allow you to drive farther, haul hazardous material, drive longer distances, haul urgent deliveries, and so on and so forth. Once you gain enough money, you can buy your own garage, and upgrade it. When you have a garage, you can hire others to drive for you. Now, this doesn't mean you can stop driving, but they will start to earn a nice chunk of change. (And you can control what type of cargo they haul)

Now, on top of all of this; this game accepts mods. There are a TON of mods for this game; both user created and professionally created. Some of the mods are horrendous and will crash the game; however some of the mods are extremely useful and make the game a million times more fun. Right now, with my game, I have over 200 different loads I can carry at any given time and I can travel thousands of kilometers. (Then again, everything on mine is maxed out) This is not a game you will beat in one setting, in one day, or even in one week. This is a nice relaxing game to play.

Since I did the pros, I'll do the cons. (Which don't affect my rating because they don't matter much to me) You don't have any damage simulation. Well, you do and you don't. It's a partial simulation. If you damage your truck high enough you will have a tough time driving it as the engine will stall out on you. However, you won't notice any physical damage to your truck. It's all internal and nothing cosmetic will actually show. (Even the AI cars won't show damage when you hit them) Other than that big one, there aren't too many cons. Each person is different though.

I personally recommend this game to anyone into simulation games and anyone who is interested in trucks. You will not be let down.
  33. Sep 19, 2014
    Decent game, but with some negative points.

Graphically, for a 2013 release game, it is unconvincing, even on "Ultra" settings. The environment is all low res textures, when the street curves the road surface markings are not a curve but a series of straight lines added on each other, power lines are even worse to look at... to make things short, the only thing you'll look at and not
    have to wonder if this game is from the mid 00s is environmental effects like lighting and rain, the sky, the trucks and the trailers. Especially painful is how badly traffic signs render - unless you stop to read them you'll have problems deciphering them until you are within 20m of them. Which gets especially frustrating since some speeding cameras are placed right on top of the signs, ticketing you if you are even 1kph above the limit.

What is pretty well done are the different signs and road markings in the different countries. They did not get all of them right, but the majority of them.

A big let-down for a driving sim is the driving. Apparently nobody in the entire studio has ever heard of centrifugal force. So you will find yourself cornering tight turns in the street with 70+ kph with your heavy truck and a trailer with 22 tons of oranges without having the slights problem - even if there are bumps in the road. Your truck (and every other vehicle on the road) has perfect grip, always.

While mentioning other vehicles.... be warned that a notable number of them is apparently stolen and driven by some poor suicidal maniac. At intersections they will completely ignore your right of way and jump out in front of you when you are 5m away. They might also crash into your side should they want to. Or crash into you from behind. The biggest madman I've seen so far decided to switch lanes ~50m in front of me, then when right between the two lanes hammer the brakes as hard as possible without there being any hindrance, instantly stopping the car (perhaps a tank in disguise? It had about the same stopping distance) while blocking two lanes and having me crash into the car - which got me fined for "causing an accident" and costing me thousands in repairs.
  34. Sep 27, 2013
    i have play this one for a very long time.
    i have now more that 10 garages and at least three drivers in each one working for me.
    very exciting game.
    i can tell that this one is the best simulator game i`ve ever played.
  35. Sep 29, 2013
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a very good sequel to Euro Truck Simulator 1, the graphics are a lot better, better trucks, better everything. The only downside is that you can't see your truck get damaged at all, it just gives you a indication that your truck is damaged. At least some paint scrapes or some dents would be nice. I highly recommend getting this game if you love trucking, simulators, or a pretty much endless game. There's also a DLC, which if you get interest in the game I recommend, or just get the gold version. Expand
  36. Oct 11, 2013
    Graphics: 8.5/10 Realism: 10/10 Appropriate for All Ages: 10/10 Gameplay: 9/10 Price 3/10 Multiplayer: N/A In-Game Purchases: 10/10 Overall: 7.2/10

One of the overall best games I've ever played. Great graphics. No in-game purchases (as far as I know). No multiplayer (which seriously sucks) Gameplay is great but there should be a little bit more excitement than what it is. There is a
    coded Mac version (which is excellent). Expand
  37. Nov 30, 2013
    I picked up Euro Truck Sim 2 on Steam for £3.74 in the sale and I am really glad I did as it's a fantastic little game with a well-designed career format. You can take on jobs going from England to Holland and other various cities all over Europe to earn money which enables you to purchase fully-licenced high value rigs and customise them to your liking. This allows you to pick up more lucrative jobs in the future and increase your abilities as a trcuker. It's simple but very clever.

The mechanics of the sim are pretty decent too; you can go for the basic automatic option or have the full trucker experience with all elements manual. The driving feels pretty good in neatly designed locations which are ultimately scaled down and often sparse; lacking detail but on the whole, it looks and feels pretty tidy with even neat weather effects also. The game lacks in the traffic and collision department though and more attention to road laws would've made this title a more realistic sim but it's not overly complex and frustrating which makes you want to keep on playing. As the game doesn't operate entirely to scale; you can complete jobs quicker which keeps you enticed for the next one without sending you to sleep on a 10 hour haulage haul. T

On the whole; this is a brilliant title on the cheap that is definitely worth a look. The good career layout and shortened scaled jobs keep you playing on and on without getting you bored. Buying and customising your truck is great fun and the sim elements are appealing to all gamers rather than being too serious or on the verge of just an arcade game. Well worth a look
  38. Oct 24, 2013
    I love This game it is kind of fun so please try to make new stuff in it so plz ubgrade it thanks And please make new citys i enjoy The city Londan and the Company Euroacers And Transnet
  39. Oct 28, 2013
    Euro Truck Simulator is very relaxing, though frustrating and comical at the same time when you crash and get stuck on something. But the graphics are wonderful, and the rain feels very real. You have to play with a joystick or steering wheel. It's just not the same with the keyboard. Though the joystick is harder (in my opinion) it is much more real, and you get the feel that you are actually driving. Now, sometimes the AI decides to be stupid and crashes into you. OR if you crash for some other reason and you need room to back out, they decide to be a bunch of morons and drive up right next to you so you have no other choice but to plow over them, which I admit is very funny unless you get stuck. That is about my only issue with ET2, besides finding a few bugs here and there, which is not an issue because just about every game is going to have a few undiscovered bugs. Overall good game. Not amazing, but good. Expand
  40. Nov 3, 2013
    This game is really great, perfectly captures landscapes of every captured place and driving model and trucks it's really awesome. I can't say anything bad, maybe about AI drivers, they can be really annoying.
  41. Nov 10, 2013
    What sets this game apart is how relaxing it is. Who would have thought that driving your truck across a European expressway for two real hours straight could be your choice of spending those two free hours you have after a busy day? Other games have you constantly fighting something or focusing, not really letting you relax at all, that's where this game comes in. It will truly just let you "chill" and forget about all those other problems for a moment.
    Yeah, maybe it doesn't deserve a 9 because of its atrocious AI, but frankly, who cares about the other cars, just let me slowly drive my big truck from one point to the other, leaving all troubles behind.
  42. Nov 24, 2013
    "A truck driving simulator"...? I was wondering at first. I wasn't sure a game about driving a truck would be any fun. Luckily, I decided to try it anyway, and I was pleasantly surprised big time!
    You get to to start your own truck deliveries company, hire drivers, deliver cargo over most of europe, and enjoy the quite realistic view. I've been playing this game on and off for a few
    months now, and it is really a lot of fun! Expand
  43. Nov 26, 2013
    Perfeito!! Graficos e Sons de alta qualidade. Mapa amplo para poder viajar por toda europa. varias oportunidades de cargas.

Os mais novos caminhoes da europa. Perfeito!!!
  44. Dec 19, 2013
    Hands-down this is the game I play most and is the most "fun" I've had with my laptop this year. It isn't for everyone, of course, but it's extraordinarily relaxing to cruise through Europe in a rig. The graphics are beautiful and I enjoy looking around as I'm driving. The game challenges, buying new rigs, building a business, add a neat strategic element to the game. I was a bit doubtful at first, but I am so glad I bought this game. It really is the best game I've played this year. Expand
  45. Jun 7, 2014
    I would have never thought that driving trucks could be this much fun. I literally thought it would be a boring game but once I started playing it I was fine.
  46. Dec 21, 2013
    top quality game if its trucks you are into then until you hold the full UK licence and have your class 1 then this is easily the best replacement good trucking
  47. Dec 31, 2013
    It's hard to give a 10, as I think people use that perfect score too much for games. I don't normally play or even like playing simulators, but I was in the mood for one at the time this was on sale. I have to say that I was super surprised and pleased with it. It's a solid simulator with tons of potential. They did a great job making it more like a game than the typical sim. Yes, you get to drive and customize your ride (eventually), but it also lets you start up your own business, once you've earned enough money to do so. You can even hire drivers to work for you, buy new trucks, take on contracts, raise your skills or those of your drivers to increase what kinds of load you can haul and more. I also love the fact that you can tune into various net radios stations as you drive. There are a few things I think could be improved, such as the landscape being a bit repetitious as times, and the occasionally long drive that can get boring, after a while. The controls are a bit difficult to get used to on a keyboard, as there are many commands. The developers really thought through things that might make it challenging, from backing your truck into a spot, to getting fined for dings and dents, various traffic violations and more. It's an accessible game to various ages.

NOTE: The person/people saying you can't look around while driving are incorrect. You can use your mouse to look around while you drive. It's difficult to stay on the road, but that also makes the game more realistic. It is a sim, after all.
  48. Feb 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Thanks to the Volvo Trucks - The Epic Split feat. Van Damme I only buy and drive Volvo trucks in Euro Truck Simulator 2. Things I like about ETS 2 is a wide selection of trucks, rainy weather, no speed limit that you can change in options and the whole game itself. I also like the penalties about over-speeding, car crashes and red signal offenses.

The disadvantages, in my honest opinion, is medium graphics of the game that is inconsistent in nowadays. I'd like to see more AA options, more realistic world around a truck and better graphics optimization for PC. I must mention that the game is not optimized well, because I have a good rig, I have maximized all graphics settings but I have medium FPS, I can't tell accurately but sometimes it's annoying low.
  49. Jan 19, 2014
    OMG! this pulled me away from BF4.......i like driving games in general and this was going cheap on steam so i thought what the hell, im now a proud owner of a rather pimped up Volvo FH with 800 bph ........and 14 employees :) what makes this game even more puzzling is its converted most of the guys on TS as well after they heard me playing all evening without swearing about god damn snipers....very relaxing, great graphics and alot of fun.....stick that were the sun don't shine EA :p Expand
  50. Mar 2, 2014
    This game is extremely relaxing and you can actually play the radio off of radio stations from different countries within the game. It is a great game when played in moderation and the player almost gets an idea of what it is truly like to be a Truck Driver.

PS: Watch out for the Traffic Speed Cameras. On a long haul they can completely destroy your profits.
  51. Mar 18, 2014
    Ótimo jogo, ótimo suporte, pena não ser muito bem programado mas nem me importo tanto, o jogo está cada vez mais melhorando e assim que é bom, a empresa não está esquecendo dos jogadores, dou nota 8, muito bom o jogo, jogo todo dia!!!
  52. Apr 3, 2014
    This game is well put together, the graphics is great and the driving experience is realistic. I think that the only thing that is lacking within this game is physical truck damage when the truck take damage other than that this is one of the most well crafted simulation games made. I would love to see an American version of the game, but I found the details in the European version very accurate. I was surprised of the lack of any police in the game, however in Europe the is not a heavy presence either as most traffic violation are captured by cameras. I was glad of the GPS in the game as this was a very much needed when I lived there since highway markings directed you to large cities so you needed to know where to go. Overall this game is a must have if you enjoy driving games or a good simulation game. The company management in the game is good and I really like the leveling aspect of the driver as this is also realistic to gain prestige with companies. Expand
  53. Apr 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ik vind het een super leuk spel met een vrachtwagen door heel Europa ik heb alleen maar 1 min puntje voor dit spel ik zal graag meer steden zien in Belgie & Nederland voor de rest is het een top game van trucks Expand
  54. May 17, 2014
    For a simulation game, this game is surprisingly good! Today it is very rare to have a simulation game that is as successful Euro Truck Simulator 2. Frankly, hat developers of the game, because it is beautiful, the trucks are beautiful, they drive on roads passing through realistic landscapes, and all this with a unique gaming experience. This game is worth its price, and you can spend more than 75 to 100 hours of game easily before stop. Do not miss! Expand
  55. Jun 4, 2014
    The best truck simulator game.
    I really happy that after 18 Wheels of Steels, there is someone that continues to create the truck simulators.
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 even though it was almost perfect at the release, it continues to receive updates after even more than 1 year from the release date.
    The change logs of the updates are not all "bug fixes", but it add new features, new
    trucks.
    To not forget the DLCs that add new countries.
    It's a game that can not in any way get fans of the genre bored, because every day it's new!
  56. Jun 21, 2014
    Personally, I'm living my child's dream - riding a truck. Just chillin' on the highway, listening to my own imported music, and ride. Graphic is decent and environment fits (to some level) with the real traffic routes and cities. You start as an employee in random truck companies, later you will earn own garage, possibility to buy truck, more trucks, take longer journeys with more fragile/dangerous/valuable cargo. If you like simulators, get this one. Expand
  57. Jun 24, 2014
    Vom spiel erlebnis ein sehr gutes game. es könnte nur noch bischen an dem ki verkehr gearbeitet werden und es könnte man noch bischen an den lasten verändert werden :) aber im groben und ganzen ist es ein top game
  58. Jul 15, 2014
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a stellar, fantastic experience for anyone who is interested in operating semi trucks or just wants to feel what it is like to be a truck driver. It provides a massive game map centering around most of Northwestern Europe and gives you thousands of kilometers of road to drive on. It provides a realistic, fantastic truck driving experience as you try to carry your business to success. All in all, this game is a must buy! Expand
  59. Aug 6, 2014
    Melhor simulador de caminhão ja inventado no mundo recomendo para quem e fá de caminhão e mais ele e leve roda em qualquer pc e e muito legal de passa o tempo
  60. Aug 9, 2014
    This game has a couple of positives, however the number of negatives within this game is absolutely outrageous! YOU CALL THIS A SIMULATOR, more like a sim-see-you-later. firstly you cannot see your hands on the steering wheel whilst driving, also the fuel magically goes into the truck with no person or even a pump attached to the truck. not forgetting to mention the stupidly expensive fines and awful traffic, the timing is all wrong and near my house is not accurate at all, the house are the wrong shapes and sizes. i cant even recognize my neighbourhood. awful game! Expand
  61. Sep 4, 2014
    An absolute delight of a game that combines the best that business management games have to offer and fun, truck simulation missions. In a market full of simulations that fail to deliver (or even start up when you want to play them), Euro Truck Simulator 2 is at the head of the pack.

Fully customizable trucks, hundreds of constantly changing cargo missions from a handful of companies, a
    business that starts out from the very bottom (where you do not even own one truck) to becoming a near monopoly of trucking businesses in Europe, the ability to hire various drivers and assign them to trucks you've bought (as well as manage their training), dozens of cities and towns to discover...this game has it all. I would argue that one doesn't even have to be a huge trucking fan to have a lot of fun in this game. Despite being a car enthusiast my whole life, I wasn't overly into trucks before picking up this game, but Euro Truck Simulator 2 has a way of swaying you to its side.

This is one of the most relaxing games I've ever played in over twenty years, and anyone who loves driving should pick this up, as well as those of us who love managing companies full of employees all working under you to produce a profit. This game also has one of the most active and dedicated developers I've seen in a long while, who give out free DLC from time to time and are continually updating the game to provide players new areas and trucks.

Amazing game.
  62. Oct 1, 2014
    This game is the best experience i ever had, i even became a truck driver after this. Now i have a family with 5 sons that also play this game, i hope when they grown up they can become a driver like papa here. Thank you developers for changing my life!
  63. Oct 19, 2014
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is amazing in almost every way. The scenery is beautiful and the trucks are so realistic, as is the cargo. The day/night cycle is a nice touch and the AI traffic and weather. One complaint I do have for this game is that, yes your truck does take damage points and pretty soon the truck will stop working, but there is NO damage on the truck at all. You can be in a huge pile up on the freeway and wreck your truck, but still no signs of damage on the truck at all. Another thing this game needs is more AI cars. Most of them look the same and I would like some different ones now and then. Expand

1. Aug 4, 2014
    The question isn’t “why would you play a game about that?” The question is “why wouldn’t you play a game about that?” If only those people on that bus knew what they were missing.
  2. Jun 10, 2013
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Feb 19, 2013
    If you love trucks Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a essential for your collection.