8.6

1. Jan 5, 2013
    Who would have ever thought that a Euro Truck Simulator would get a rating this high? This simulator is one of the most relaxing games ever, but can also be very intense when carrying fragile cargo. The scenery is beautiful. When it rains ingame, I get the same warm feeling inside as when it rains in real life. I give it a perfect score because I just can't find anything "wrong" with it. Get this game. Expand
  2. Nov 5, 2012
    The best truck game ever! Keep it one SCS... I wait to new expansions for the game... :) This have potential to grow up. Make it better and better to the truck fan comunity :)
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    Really very very nice the game. The best of smilator games. Thank you scs software... I playing Euro Truck Smilator 2 all day.. I recommend this to anyone...
  4. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is just awesome. I can't other than decide to give it a 10, which it truly deserves. The game presentation is just perfect, and finally it has become more mainstream than it was.
    The flaws in the game suggests that the games note has to be 8 or lower, but given that the positive aspects are bigger, it has a well deserved 10.
  5. Nov 5, 2012
    I adore this game!!The graphics are fantastic ,trucks are more than fantastic and the scenery is gorgeous!!I think that SCS has done a great job and i am waiting for their next creation (maybe a euro truck simulator 3) !!
  6. Nov 6, 2012
    I've been following the evolution of SCS Software's trucking games and I must say the guys are not joking. I remember the plain and edgy games from the past ... their new baby is everything but that. Of course there is plenty room for development but with limited resources, it's just huge what they accomplished. Remember, it's not Ubisoft, Sony, Capcom, etc. They're just making something that a lot of us need, and they are making it good.
    I was waiting for its release for a long long time, and I'm glad it's finally here. Also I appreciate that it's in constant development. The ability to customize the trucks is an enormous plus in the game, also the live streaming via the radio.
    Some say, that it's a boring game. I tend to disagree. I was expecting to drive long roads, among cars that drive by you. It's not a race game, it's not a derby game it's a truck simulator, and you receive just what you are promised, a truck driving simulator with huge potentials. Be loyal to the game and be patient. This game is on the road of becoming BIG, hopefully with a lot more publicity!
  7. Nov 11, 2012
    Es actualmente el mejor juego y simulador de camiones que existe en el mercado, destacando sobre todo en calidad gráfica y detalles relacionados con el diseño. Una amplia gama de marcas de camiones con licencia, una extensa posibilidad de modificar el aspecto de tu camión como el de los camiones de tu empresa. Traducido a la mayor parte de idiomas, con soporte para volante y multi-pantallas y cabe destacar la amplia posibilidad de integrar mods. Expand
  8. Jan 16, 2013
    At first glance, a truck simulator game would be but boring. SCS managed to make a very pleasant entry to the genre, adding compelling RPG and management sim features to keep the replayability up and the best soundtrack there is: the internet.
    An incredibly relaxing game, and one I must recommend.
  9. Feb 5, 2013
    Best truck game on the market at this current moment in time. Has some of the best graphics UI I've seen in a simulator and most of all one of the most enjoyable and relaxing games I've played for a long while
  10. Jan 17, 2013
    Improves on every aspect of ETS1. I don't normally play simulators, but I just love playing this one. Good sound, VERY nice graphics for a simulator, and much larger gameplay than the previous one.
  11. Nov 7, 2012
    This one surprised me. I had been underwhelmed in the past with the 18 Wheels of Steel franchise, but the pull of trucking through Europe is what got me to take the plunge. The career mode as well as the ability to jam out to German tunes while hauling down the autobahn is just too much fun. The scenery and road design adds some realism, but not to the point of ultra annoyance. I look forward to further expansions. Also, the new US Based Truck sim needs to take a lesson from this game. Expand
  12. Nov 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all I'm not a Truck Simmer. Though I had tried ETS1 back when it originally came out it didn't grip me or work well with my Logitech DFP wheel. I'm more of a fast paced Motorsports Sim driver racing Sims like GTR2 and rFactor etc!! When I saw the guys at SCS were making a 2nd ETS title I watched with interest and planned to give it a go and see if they had improved on the original games failings. In real life I have experience in Driving Trucks (Not 40 tonne artics though) and I love working behind a wheel, so part of me couldn't resist downloading ETS2 on the day of release. Now the only day I haven't sat down at my computer for at least 2 hours to play ETS2 since that moment was my Sons Birthday (trust me I wanted to play it) it is that addictive!! I haven't even played a race sim since either and I've been playing those for nearly 20years!! My Son who is now 8 has a copy on his computer and even my 10 year daughter was playing it for over 90 minutes the other day!! Yes the game isn't perfect, but it does have a lot going for it.

First of all the controller support is far better. My Logitech DFP wheel and G25 pedals are perfect straight from the games setup and I have all my needed controls like wipers, lights etc exactly where I want to have them! I've also tried it with the keyboard which was surprisingly good too and the SCS team obviously spent a lot of time getting this area right. The only problem we had was trying a control pad as my son and I found that far too sensitive to steer accurately enough, but he does have a wheel of his own to use, so it's not a big issue.

Graphically the game is very nice and runs smoothly on my system (I5 2500K, 8gig ram, ATi Radeon 4870 512mb) at max settings in 1680x1050 and works well even during night driving in the rain. I've not noticed any real issues with the game myself in that department. It also has some lovely touches. The first time I had to drive through roadworks and saw the little fella in his yellow high-vis gear working away with a pneumatic drill I was genuinely surprised at how many little features SCS have lovingly added to their Sim. And they are not all the same either, some have surface rollers, cranes, diggers or the whole road fully excavated!! Cyclist riding on cycle paths, trains, planes and even birds in the sky!!

Sounds are good to, though in the cab it's a little too quiet, but the modding community have already adjusted that. The ability to load your own MP3's or play real streamed radio whilst driving along is fantastic and really adds to the immersion.

Gameplay is just so enjoyable. You start with a run down depot in your chosen city and you have to log onto a job finder to pick up work driving other companies in their trucks to earn a salary. Once you have some successful runs under your belt, you can purchase your own Truck. You have a bank who will offer you business loans and you will get emails from companies and truck dealers to help you on your way. The map though obviously can't cover real distances as this would need years (probably decades) to make it does have a genuine feel of realism. Each country you visit has it's own look and feel. Each City is different though some roads and junctions etc do basically look similar it doesn't take away the feeling of being at a new place. As you travel the map you discover each place by driving through them. You'll see on your GPS roads you haven't driven on and will have question marks over places of interest that you need to drive past to get access to. These are normally Truck Dealers and properties you may be interested in purchasing for your expanding company. You'll have petrol stations with parking when you need a rest break etc as well as hotels. There are also ferry crossings and the Euro Tunnel train!!

Career part of the game is where you can get so much pleasure playing. Building your company up from a single Truck to having several trucks and drivers who you hire through employment agencies is really great and makes you work hard to earn more money to continue expanding. You can have multiple depots with many trucks and drivers all under your watchful eye. Hire, fire, train them how you want. Modify the trucks to your liking from the body, paintjob, lights, accessories, axles and their engines. They all have an effect on how profitable your company is!! You can oversee everything your company is doing in game. See each driver or trucks daily profits, keep the Trucks maintained etc. Ok some people who like management games will pick holes at how certain areas lack detail, but this isn't a management game, it's a driving Sim with a nice bit of management thrown in!!

I could go on forever, but all I can say is, I'm a Sim racer who has never had any interest in management games, but I've not been able to put this game down and I look forward to playing the next day and continue building my virtual transport company up.

Well done SCS.
  13. Jun 2, 2013
    This is without a single doubt the best truck simulator you can get, after playing all the previous sims I can only say this is The Truck Sim at the moment. The Environment is gorgious, the trucks look really great and drive pretty realistic too (especially with a decent steering wheel). Besides that there are plenty possibilities to mod the map, trucks, interiors and trailers. And not to mention the many radio stations you can listen to, or even add your own radio stations to it. Greetings from the son of a truck driver. Expand
  14. Nov 15, 2012
    I just love this game so much,beautiful,peaceful, simple. customize your truck upgrade it, level up get new skills , manage your company, hire drivers, buy garages all over Europe and upgrade them. I don't know how this could get any better. One last thing ... thank you SCS software for giving me this game .
  15. Jan 19, 2013
    Skyrim with trucks. Big open world, big trucks and big tires. I think that this game is trying to play off on the popularity of Ice Road Truckers the Canadian show (best show ever).
  16. Jan 17, 2013
    Perfect truck game. Lack of content and multiplaser but this is SCS - small firm not EA. Its cheap and had great potencial because it easy moddable....
  17. Mar 4, 2013
    I signed up just so I could write a review for this game. I was one of those people that made fun of this game when I first heard about it, but after seeing a trailer I immediately downloaded the demo, was hooked, played until the demo ran out, then purchased the game on steam. There is something addictive and staisfying about hauling a load of cargo from point a A to B succefully. The attention to detail and love for trucks SCS has put into this game shows, and even though it's not the most exciting subject matter, it's worth playing simply to appreciate the qaulity of what's been created. This game is what all simulators should aspire to be like. Expand
  18. Mar 19, 2013
    This game is excellent in every way possible! The graphics are absolutely excellent and so much detail was put into just about everything in this game.
  19. Mar 8, 2013
    An incredibly immersive experience. I have absolutely no interest in European trucking and I think it's important to point that out. Many people vote these games high out of bias towards their personal interests, that is not the case here. ETS 2 is straight-up a very well designed game. --PROS-- The map size is quite big. I reckon it would take 2 hours or so to drive from one extreme to another. The cabins and trucks are designed with variety, even turn signals sound different in each truck. The physics are not perfect but are quite realistic. It's quite difficult to go on a long trip without doing anything wrong the whole time, making it a rewarding experience when you do. The way the economy works and your career progresses is as well well done, allowing you to work for companies or start your own. The world feels open and alive as opposed to just a blank canvas to drive on. There are car dealerships, recruitment agencies, gas stations, rest stations, service depots and more. You can discover and access all of these on your own, giving the game a true open-world feel. The functionality of the trucks is also full-fledged, allowing you to adjust each individual mirror, access hazard signals, and there's even a function to flash your lights specifically as a means of saying "thank you" or "go ahead" to the other drivers. --CONS-- The physics seem to have been toned down just a bit for ease of use. I imagine true pros will find this a bit unnerving. The audio inside the cabin is glitched out, ends up sounding like the cabin is basically sound proofed. The AI drivers can be frustrating. There's a few glitchy things about them, for example they often slam on the brakes and stop when lanes merge 200m ahead despite having room to merge. In terms of immersion there's two things to note: One is that there is no way to get from town to town yourself if you don't own a truck and the open world aspect is removed when taking jobs. In essence you'll arrive in a city to finish a job, open the menu to take a new job in a different city, and magically arrive there. We should have to drive there first. Or take a bus with the option to sit and view the journey. Secondly your sleep resets when you finish a job. This ties into the whole teleporting to your new job... they've removed the aspect of continuity, which sacrifices immersion gravely as a result. Overall the CONS are more pet peeves and don't do enough damage to affect the game in any appreciable manner. I wish I could expand on technical details however my ignorance towards trucking prevents me from doing so. Collapse Expand
  20. Dec 1, 2013
    I bought this game during a steam sale because I needed something relaxing. I'm no truck driver (outside of maybe driving a de-ice truck), and I have never been to Europe before, but I must say, this game really impressed me to the point where I feel like I'm really there and driving a real truck. I am positively impressed.
  21. Jan 18, 2013
    Well i have always had a thing for simulator games because they require you to use your brain and act similar to the real world i have always looked for decent truck game only to find none had what i was looking for until Euro Truck Simulator got released.

I have owned this game since release and i am still playing it to this day there are good mods out there and game play can be
    extremely fun.

The surroundings contain a high level of detail but is still low end PC friendly i am extremely glad to see this game arrive on steam just activated mine today This game delivers everything it promises plus more but it does require high level of patients at times as AI traffic can be annoying at times and truck physics could use adjusting but some people are coming out with physics mods They do updates which is good there are mods but always test careful because not all mods are perfect plus mods are made by normal people so modded version may lack SCS support

Overall its excellent game i have had over 3 months game play so i have scored it a 10/10
  22. Nov 22, 2012
    I rated this sim as a 10 not because it's the best game ever made but because it's the best Truck simulation that I've ever played and I've played a lot of them. It's not perfect but the developers do seem to genuinely want to work with the community to continue improving the game while at the same time making it a viable option to do so through paid extensions, DLC etc.

The only thing
    lacking is an "official" community forum on the Euro Truck Simulator 2 website, instead they use a series of blogs and comments which truth be told sucks as a way to communicate interactively with your customers. However the game is excellent after a couple of updates. Expand
  23. Mar 6, 2013
    This game. I suddenly want to become a trucker. There is something so calming about this game that makes me keep coming back. In my first two days of this game, I achieved 14 hours in it. It is very silly that a truck game could be so good, but honestly? This game is addicting as HECK. I really do recommend it.
  24. Nov 5, 2012
    Well first off you do not need to be a trucking fan to love this game. You get to do more than just play with trucks. you get to enjoy europe, run a business and enjoy excellent graphics!!! If you're into customization than you will love this game not only do you get to customize your personal truck but you can customize your employers truck!! It is very in depth to engine tuning body modifications and more!!! The game also will get lots of attention from the makers so there is more to look forward to in the future. If you are looking for an exploration game and into customizing and running a business then this is the game for you!!! Expand
  25. Nov 6, 2012
    When I first saw Euro Truck Simulator 2 I thought oh boy here we go, another "Simulator" in a long line of failures of products claiming to be just that. Then I installed the game and was rewarded to find that the game fully sports my Logitech G27 steering wheel, shifter and all pedals, Oh and what's this ? Range and Splitter ? What like on a real truck ? 12 gears to deal with. This is all getting very interesting now.
    I finished setting the game up to suit my system then stepped into the virtual cab of the truck. It feels like this will be my new home for a little while. I'm hauling a load of something to some place and I need to get it there on time and safely.
    SCS Software has really hit the nail on the head with ETS2. They've created a very pretty looking graphics engine that is convincing enough in conjunction with the sound and physics that I feel like I'm driving something that weighs 20 - 30 tons. The game aims to be realistic in many ways but is also balanced out for practicality reasons as well. For instance the passage of time is much faster and real time travel distances are much shorter then real life. You might cover 1km every 200m or so relative to the real world. That might not sound realistic but we must be realistic about what people want out of a game. I doubt anybody is going to want to sit at a computer for 18 hours to travel 1300km.

Look out for bad drivers, bad weather and beware the night and inattention and be extra careful and read the road up ahead, you don't want to roll your rig. Who wants to explain to their employer why they rolled the truck on a country bend.

All in all I've found ETS2 to be a immersive experience and surprisingly fun as well as being quite relaxing. It's very enjoyable to play some music and drive across the countryside.
  26. Nov 6, 2012
    First of all this game is best in genre. I playing already plenty of hours and will continue. It has big potential to make big game but it need some work. Work with optimization, adding more countries and diversities, multiplayer and so on... My hope is also to get on steam.

But its really fun game. And i recommend to every people to try free demo from their page.
  27. Nov 6, 2012
    A relaxing and addictive game. Don't be fooled into thinking a simulator will be no fun this is a great game even if your not into lorries or trucks. I'm not a train or plane sim player but this is getting more play time than NFS most wanted!
  28. Nov 8, 2012
    10 Out Of 10, Love the game, it's great I've been waiting all year for the game and when it game out in October i purchased it straight away. It turns out it's fabulous & it's the best simulator on the market and is well worth the money. The game has the best physics ever and has super realistic graphics with a highly advanced economy system. I've found it highly addictive and it can't get and better. Good Job SCS

-Nitro
  29. Nov 9, 2012
    i was never into simulator games untill i played this one. the mechanics and world feel so realistic i like how we can have our own company and hire drivers. it wud be cool if there was an expansion that wud somehow bring us over to the usa lots more roads to travel>
  30. Nov 11, 2012
    El mejor simulador de conduccion de camiones, soporte para volantes, multi-pantalla, mods casi desde el primer dia. Recomendado a todo el mundo que le apasione este tipo de juegos y a los que no tambien
  31. Nov 11, 2012
    The best truck game ever! Keep it up SCS. I hope we can get some DLC'S for the game so it can get better and better. But for that we have keep helping SCS. So for all who read this, just give a chance to this game, you gonna see that has a lot of potencial.
  32. Nov 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Environnement and driving : This is the best trucking simulator game in the world (best driving, best meteo, this reflects the reality of the virtual world, MORE REALISTIC)
    For the map : all users should need more big map for their own country (Russia, USA, Africa)
    i encourrage scs to do more update about map, realistic
    thanks a lot for these developpeur
  33. Nov 29, 2012
  34. Jan 21, 2013
    I've been paying games by SCS for a long time, but stopped for a while because the quality of these games continued to deteriorate. With Euro Truck Simulator 2 it's become extremely apparent that SCS has put a lot of work into this game and are trying to bring back the level of quality that they had in older games. Of course this game has it's faults, as do every game. But you cannot focus only on the bad things in a game like this. It's a great time waster! Expand
  35. Feb 20, 2013
    To be honest, I don't much care for simulators. Or trucks. Or even Europe for that matter! But something about this game has tickled my fancy. I can't quite put my finger on it but it has an irresistible pull that keeps me coming back for more. Is it the best game I've ever played? No. But it is a very well put together truck simulator that deserves your attention. Give the demo a try at the very least! Expand
  36. Mar 12, 2013
    If you like to repeat things over and over this is a wonderful game: very nice graphic, good management component, almost no software bugs and continuous updates support. Oh, also don't forget free modding!
  37. Mar 19, 2013
    Strangely enough, this game has already proven to be a better simulator than simcity 2013. I don't know what it is about it but it is really fun! I'm pretty sure I'll get bored of it by next week but it really is a very in depth game. 9/10
  38. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is such a fun game for the simulation lovers,driving around Europe with low fuel,or crashing with cars,or even using the awesome future of putting songs on the radio!
    this game is a great remake of the first one,just with better graphics,detail,and trucks of curse!
    drive around in london or hurry to amsterdam,in this game you can go every where!
    a great game!
  39. Apr 2, 2013
    I'd like to see every driver on earth play ETS2 for at least 10 hours. Then they might realise why truckers want to break their head when they cut them off at roundabouts or leave them with no room to stop.

Nutcase driving delinquents could do with a few hours hauling 18 tonnes of diesel between cities to see what it feels like to have cars passing them dangerously close or even dealing
    with the idiots trying to kill them!

Perhaps traffic management and road designers should do a minimum of 50 hours "community service" on ETS2 to learn that 30 foot trailers do not go well around 90 degree corners covered in guard rails and street lights.

It took 585 hours to decide that ETS2 only falls short in the commerce and driver management department the rest is pure eye candy and amazingly addictive gameplay.

There are indeed some AI issues, occasional GFX stutters and a lack of depth in the commerce and truck and driver management but as a driving simulator it rates an easy 10. I understand that the talented but small team at SCS are working on the management aspect and tweaking the AI. If they can pull that off, it's a game with a lifespan of many, many months possibly years.

If you simply want to smash stuff and look at pieces of trucks and cars or even blood flowing across the road, this is not for you.

Straightforward, easy to learn but no two trips will ever the same. SCS is on a long term winner if they get that management longevity and perhaps just perhaps, even MP or at the very least co-op
  40. Jun 24, 2013
    Es que no hace falta ni que te gusten los camiones, es probar el juego y alucinar con las opciones. Con un mando mejora muchísimo la jugabilidad, y con volante ni te cuento. Puedo tirarme todo el día jugando y no aburrirme, es increíble. Recomiendo encarecidamente que lo probéis y juzguéis por vosotros mismos. Se le pueden poner pegas? claro, el antialias por defecto del juego no es una maravilla, hay detalles que pueden pulirse como los avatares de los camioneros, poner más peatones que hay muy pocos.. etc, pero son cosas que se ve que van arreglando en cada actualización, y el fin del juego es entretener y divertir (si puede sorprender) al usuario, y esto lo cumple perfectamente.

Sinceramente se merece un 10.
  41. Apr 12, 2013
    This game is really fun! I would have never thought I would be playing a truck sim, rather then a FPS. But this game sucks you in. I wish you leveled up slower, and a few more options for trucks and accessories but this game is a solid 9/10 add some mods to make things more realestic and it's a 10/10
  42. Oct 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been following the evolution of SCS Software's trucking games and I must say the guys are not joking. I remember the plain and edgy games from the past their new baby is everything but that. Expand
  43. Jun 2, 2013
    Excellent driving simulator. Yes, it is about trucks, but i believe it sets a standard for future "driving games" (not to be confused with racing simulators).
    Proper force feedback wheel support, a good dose of realism, a massive explorable map with beautiful landscapes, high detail vehicle models with equally impressive interiors, EPIC engine/turbo sounds that make you feel you're
    driving a real truck, attention to detail from the developers, etc. All that in ONE game. Another popular driving game, Test Drive Unlimited lacked in many aspects compared to ETS2 and it probably had a 10 times bigger budget, so i consider this to be a high quality piece of software, not your average Simulator 20xx".
    I give it a 9/10 because unfortunately there is no multiplayer mode (that would've been so epic).
  44. Oct 17, 2013
    What can I say? This game is great (ok, I can say something). The Good: It is not just a driving simulator, it is also a business simulator, a resource manager, and a game of exploration. For those reviewers who mention a lack of views from inside the cab, look into buying a TrackIR, building a Freetrack system or installing FaceTrackNoIR (free) for headtracking. Head tracking is fully supported by ETS2. It allows you to look around the cab just as if you were sitting there.

Others have commented that the trailers have no weight.....try stopping a 45 ton load when that blankety blank blank AI pulls out in front of you. Pull that trailer up a steep grade and then say the trailer has no weight. True, with a huge 750HP 3200KW motor it is easier to do so but with a stock 360 HP? I have found myself looking for alternate routes because the load is too heavy for the grade that I am attempting to pull them up, or I go up in 1st gear. Heavy loads means using the entire range of gears, not starting out in 4th gear or 5th gear like I would running bobtail (no trailer).

The Bad:

I do have to agree that there seems to be no reason to upgrade your chassis from a 2-4 to anything else as you can indeed pull any load with the 2-4. I would like to see that changed in future patches.
  45. Oct 25, 2013
    Very nice game,very often is updates. I give this game 10 ,because I think this is the best Simulator Game. I play this game often,but this don't tired.
  46. Oct 27, 2013
    This is one of the greatest games available for the PC!!!!
    It puts you in the driving seat of various trucks and with the extra downloadable content from steam all for under a tenner makes it one of this years steals. The extra content is called "Going East" and it adds new places on the map as well as other things. Also, you can add mods that have been created by other users to add that
    extra spice to what is a beautiful game. You can play music from your own mp3s to the inbuilt Internet radio stations from around Europe.
    If they is only one game you buy this year on the PC....make it this one....you won't be disappointed!!!!
  47. Aug 17, 2013
    Simply love it. Reminds me of Hard Truck 2. Very addictive and very relaxing. However there should be more trucks for example Kamaz, Sisu Now after last updates all trucks are licensed with one exception. Thats why i gave it only 9.
  48. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is a good fun distraction. I know a lot of people think it's silly and all you have to do is deliver supplies with a truck but that's what the game is about. If you don't want to drive a truck don't buy it. It's a game that delivers exactly what it says. Sure it'd be nice if there were visual damage and the customization is mostly cosmetic but in it's core it's still a fun game that is very relaxing to play. Expand
  49. Feb 15, 2013
    Never played a truck sim before, but wish to hell I had... I'm not a truck nerd, nor a train spotter.. but this is not about being a truck nerd. This has all the addictive gameplay of ELITE, without the shooty bits!! the mod community is stunning. This is an empire building game and a driving sim all rolled into one. Seriously underrated, with mods this thing seriously rocks so goes to 10/10. It may never be cool, but for godsake download the demo and give it a go.. you might be surprised to find gameplay x100. If AAA titles these days had that much gameplay our heads would all explode.. get it!! Expand
  50. Nov 17, 2013
    Love the open road feel of this game. Very detailed and challenging game. The trucks are beautiful. The road can vary from parking lot to mineshaft. For all you get it does not take up very much hard drive space. One thing I was concerned about was the actual time it takes to make a run between cities. It turns out to be much less in game but still feels like the full experience.
  51. Jan 18, 2013
    Hugely exceeded expectations. Hope to see lots of dlc in the way train simulator releases it. Try the game out of you want something fun, relaxing, and very atmospheric.
  52. Mar 7, 2013
    This game is beautiful, engrossing and entertaining. Worth every penny you throw at it. Plenty of trucks to pick from, and many ways to upgrade not only the game (using mods to enhance realism etc.) but also the trucks. Great fun.
  53. Mar 7, 2013
    My only problem with this game is the damage detection! My engine will fail with only CAB damage??? WTF. No used truck sales but that is not a big deal. Fun game, lots of upgrades, and you can keep the same truck and keep upgrading it. Lots of different trucks to pick from, Long hauls don't feel too long and fun company to run!
  54. Nov 5, 2012
    For a huge truck driving simulator fan this game is sensational, graphics are pretty and the scenery is awesome. The physics are very well implemented and the details are quite accurate making the game a pleasure to relax on. For the most pretentious one, there can be found a lot's of mod's on the internet and the upcoming patches are announced to be great improvements to the game based on the community requests, see more about on the SCS blog site.

I enjoy this game a lot. Pedal to the metal!
  55. Aug 11, 2014
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a trucking game. But, it's more than that. It also features company simulation. Physics are realistic. If lucky, you can see a plane landing. Also, you can make or download mods, which really improve the game. It's very relaxing just driving and listening to the internet radio with realistic physics, but come to the cities and the relax stops due to maneuvering through city traffic with a trailer in tow. Overall, it's an amazing game with huge potential. But it also has one flaw, the cities do not look anything like they do in real life, and they're small. Can you imagine Venice without a single canal? That's how it is in this game. I recommend this game to anyone who likes trucking games, driving games, company simulation games or simply realistic games and who doesn't mind with the un realistic cities. Expand
  56. Nov 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best simulator trucks moment. Graphics perfect, we seem to be actually driving a truck. The map is huge, with Europe scenario played very well. Deliveries of the game makes you have plenty of time to achieve a goal, but the gameplay that does not get seasick. The SCS software constantly updates the game and facilitates improvements with the installation of MODS. The menu is very easy and interactive. Missed only buses on the roads and more people on the streets, to give more reality to the game. Expand
  57. Nov 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm a sim freak so it wasn't a surprise to have this game on my playlist right on the launch date. Tutorial is simple and you will learn the basics easily. World is huge, so discovering every detail what is hidden there will take time. Every land has common stereotypical roads. Germany freeways after freeways. Alps offers challenge to drive your truck and trailer through serpentine roads.

A bit disappointment was when I noticed that hired drivers works almost automatically without any coaching. And I haven't discovered that I could do contracts with companys like It was used to be in earlier scs softw games.

Playing the game, enjoying and waiting updates and DLCs to kick in.
  58. Nov 6, 2012
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is the best truck/vehicle simulator on the market!

Nice graphics and sounds. I like that you can buy your own truck and start your own company You can even qustomize your truck!

i really recommend this game!
  59. Nov 13, 2012
    I just can't put my finger on it but something about this game draws me into it like a bee to honey! This is a whole world away from my usual gaming genre which normally includes blowing something up... but I kinda feel ETS2 is putting me back on the straight and narrow :)
    The trucks are very detailed, I like the little touches of using indicators and the use of headlights plus the radio
    :D The environment is realistic, particularly the thunderstorms and of course you'll want to turn on your windscreen wipers! I also like taking the truck onto the ferry, across the channel then remembering to drive on the correct side of the road when coming off it!
    Like some others It would be nice if the truck sounds were a little louder in the cab. Perhaps the AI vehicles could move more fluidly too, they seem to make handbrake turns around corners!
    Overall though its a great game to relax too and makes a pleasant change from guns & explosions :) I recommend it!
  60. Dec 3, 2013
    Huge surprise! I thought the premise of this game would be as much fun as watching paint dry. I picked it up on a whim in a Steam sale and have been so impressed (despite this not really being the kind of thing I am into) I would almost pay full price for it. What is the catch? Like a lot of people say there is something incredibly relaxing about it. As with many people I increasingly as a result of having a family have less and less time to do any gaming. This game allows you a ten minute or 10 hour fix whichever you want depending on what your day allows. Simply put you just pull up a chair listen to some funky euro Internet radio station and just go cruising. It scales well so you can drive from London to Warsaw in a realistic time frame, or just pull into a rest stop leave the game and pick up where you left off the next day. You get to build a fleet, go shopping for cool rigs and hire some drivers and watch your little empire grow. I can't put my finger on it but it is fun and relaxing at the same time. I am so surprised I like this game but I just do surprise yourself and huge value for money! Expand
  61. Feb 10, 2013
    For the curious:
    If you can't live without fast paced action and are always craving excitement, this game is not for you. This game lets you build a business on trucking and allows you to manage the business aspect while enjoying the aspect of making deliveries and stuff. It's engrossing and I often find myself playing for 3-4 hours on end. It has it's own brand of tension too. Rushing to
    make those deliveries on a rain lashed country road in the dead of night will get you gripping your mouse tightly changing lanes to beat the traffic. If you are a casual gamer, you will need to change how you play. Unlike saints row or GTA, this game wont work with WASD controls. Unless you want to spend 90% of your time in ditches that is. Using the mouse to control the steering wheel while using W and S for acceleration works better and will save you the price of buying a gaming wheel. Expand
  62. Jan 19, 2013
    I would say this game has the best grafik ever among simulators and I can not forget about effects and scenery... so awesome ! ... The map is really big , but cities are not that big expect ,but I see why , it takes lot of time to even get hrough cities so with big cities like were released in "Scania truck driving simulator" it will take lot of time for delivery. I like truck tunning ,company building .. also day and night thing. I can not forget variety of online radios you can listen to and also how easy mods are instlled . You just save them in folder. Its really great game if you are fun of simulators or trucks ,but also if you are not , you should try demo ,because this game is very relaxing ,so special among other games and something differents from rpgs or shooting games.. Expand
  63. Apr 11, 2014
    I'm absolutely surprised how much fun I'm having driving this truck around. Though, for me, with just the stock engines and transmissions, the game drags out the experience too close to home. So, modded, with powerful engines and transmissions, combined with my favorite driving soundtracks, this game is very addictive and relaxing. Such a nice change from all the teeth grinding, bone-crushing FPS games out there. The scenary is awesome, and there are many little subtities that make this game not just a drive through a repetitive map over and over. Landmarks, cars, pedestrians, hills, birds, sun, moon, rain, even the different rails used in different areas, all makes it so refreshing.

There are lots of customization, and while there are many aesthetics, some of them are merely disguised. One commentor below said that there is no difference between the 4x2, 6x2-4 and the 6x4 chassis..This is NOT only false, but shows that he was not very vigilant even as a real life trucker.
    The 4x2 provides the largest fuel capacity, can be styled with side protectors, but comes at a cost of less braking power, though it is the cheapest option.
    The 6x2-4 has the extra braking power but has a very limited fuel capacity.
    While the 6x4 has the braking power, and a slightly larger fuel capacity but at a more costlier price than the 6x2-4.

Considering the depth of the explained game mechanics above, that should put a cork into anyone thinking that SCS isn't very thoroughly thought out. Realistic? Well, for $25 retail price, you are getting what you pay for, and quite frankly, the gameplay is most important, not the specific kind of sounds you want to hear from your truck, and I'm sure there's a mod out there that lets you feel the full 25 tons of your cargo load and totally hamper your driving..hey, everyone has their fetishes.

I just feel this game is very deserving of this mark, and I hope everyone can enjoy this game as much as I did. Good day.
  64. Jan 21, 2013
    I would have never guessed driving a truck can be an interesting game! This game exceeded my expectations ! I know nothing about trucks and I am not into them either, yet this game is amazing. The routes are perfect timewise meaning, they are just enough time to not get bored of of the game. It does get pretty difficult when it starts raining or when it is dark, which makes the game the more exciting! The idea of becoming and expert and getting experience points is a great feature. I have bought around 10 games in the past month, mostly throwing my money out, but this was the best deal for the monet. Expand
  65. Feb 1, 2013
    SCS delivered an amazing and very impressive simulator with Euro Truck Sim 2. The game is a charm to run from A to Z Graphics all on Ultra are very good, beautiful landscape from all over Europe, and the skill progression is simply perfect to go get all that you need to become a pro trucker! Now add some web based radio stations, or your own music via the game itself, and its a big plus, full customization of the trucks is also very impressive with working beacon lights, or alternative ones, horns and mirrors etc. Last but not least, is the ability given for you to have the possibility not only to drive for other companies, but also to buy your own garages, buy your own trucks, hire drivers, and start your own business!

To conclude, i the only reason why i didn't went for the big 10, and for a 9 instead, is the immersion factor. I would love to see a lot more different kind of weather regarding the system, just rain isn't enough, we need snow, gusts of winds, icy roads etc, and also more realism with the sound effects of certain upgradable horns, different upgradable motor sounds etc. And that is my only complain.
    But i'm sure SCS will work on it :)

All and all 9/10 for the best Truck driver game to date!!
  66. Feb 2, 2013
    very good game

...................................................................................................................................................................
  67. Feb 5, 2013
    This is the best truck sim I have ever played in my life. Movement and graphics is great, trucs great, one miss is a "who the f*ck designed this road?!"problem. Average exellent.
  68. Feb 9, 2013
    This is my first trucking game I have purchased. I always knocked this types of games without having played them firsthand. So I decided to change that with EuroTruck Sim 2 which had been released on Steam through its Greenlight service. After playing around 9 hours of it so far, I can say I really enjoy it. There's just something to it which keeps bringing you back. I don't know if its just because its a new genre for me or what. But I like, a few MINOR things need sorting out but that's just me being VERY picky as the game is pretty much perfect. Bravo. Expand
  69. Feb 10, 2013
    I'll start with my only two bad points, the creators of this game often repeat scenery (to fill out the game) and that includes cities. They are all identical and consist of an eight-shaped design with maybe two or three little roads spiking off in random directions. They counteract this issue by filling the scenery with city specific items, for example. going into London lets you see the Gherkin and various other famous towers and statues. I would have liked driving around a city with buildings towering over the congested city streets. The other bad point is, like Nerd³ said, there are pathetic offences you have to keep paying if you leave your lights on or drive on the wrong side of the road. Ok, they are the only two bad points I have on this game, it needs big cities and less offences. Gameplay wise, it's fantastic. i play with a keyboard and mouse and it's fine to play. The rain is magical and increases your breaking distance, especially with a heavy load. I suppose you can check out other reviews for various good points, but I just wanted to tell you the worst of it in case they didn't. Great game, £15, you'll definitely get your money's worth out of it. Expand
  70. Mar 3, 2013
    I'm not a fan of trucks, I decided to download the demo of this game by chance, not knowing that hours later I would be buying one of the most great games I've ever played. Physics is very good, the scenery is beautiful, and the thousands contents of the game deserve note 10/10. I rate 9 because you can not run the game on high graphics.
  71. Apr 24, 2013
    Such a relaxing experience and a new standard for simulation games. Got it at a price of $20 on steam though a sale. Definitely worth buying at any price. 10/10
  72. Nov 16, 2013
    I'm sure this isn't for everyone but for me it's brilliant. I have a 3 monitor set up with a G27 so it's a very realistic, immersive experience. The graphics and IA are top notch. It must be a labour of love for people who work on that game as it's the nuts.
  73. Mar 19, 2013
    Great game for simulation gamest. Graphics and gameplay are great. Plus with additional updates with extended maps, I will be playing this game for years. The only thing I would like is a little more detail in the business aspect. More detail would be nice. But this game is by far the best truck simulator I've ever played.
  74. Apr 8, 2013
    To be honest simulators are not one of my favorite genres Especially those that are titled Farming Simulator and "Road Construction Simulator But I haven't played such a good driving game since Grid on the PS3.
    ETS 2 has superb graphics and insane realism kind of like the Arma of the driving game genre. The AI of the other vehicles is clever and responsive The vast array of
    controls for keyboard wheel or even controller makes the game a fun experience without confusing the setup It is quick to load up and you can continue where you left off as a trip from the tip of Scotland to the bottom of Italy will keep you intrigued until its time for you to turn off for the night either in game or in real life! The ability to take out an in-game loan from the bank at any point makes it easy and non stressful to have a comfortable sum whilst you repay the money back daily not to mention the jobs that already have equipment provided even a truck )
    Overall this was certainly worth the money and has plenty of replay ability.
  75. Apr 11, 2013
    At first I thought "who the hell wants to become a truck driver?", now I have to surrender to SCS. Great game, real deal. I am not a truck fan, but I find this game very relaxing and extremely beautiful, especially the raining effect!

I highly recommend this game, it is a beast!
  76. Apr 14, 2013
    Great game excellent features. Very good graphics and I would certinally reccomend this game. There is quite a lot of features on this game. Worth getting!!
  77. Apr 18, 2013
    At first I bought this game just to try it out because a friend recommended it to me when I had nothing to do with my old PC racing wheel so I just hooked it up and started to play and I must say that this is one of the most chill games I've played. It just feels excellent to drive around with a truck in this game. It's really fun and has quite some good mods for maps, fixes and changes to stuff.

Totally buy this game.
  78. Apr 19, 2013
    From simply playing the demo and doing one journey i am already drawn to the game and will most definitely be paying for the full game. Whether it is the sense of realism it brings or the strategic decisions you must make in order to buy new trucks, workers etc. this truly is a real marvel. Thanks to coverage from various youtubers i am now 100% sure this is a MUST BUY!
  79. Jul 21, 2013
    The best game I have! The game is amazing! You can buy and upgrade trucks, paint and put accessories to make a truckload of style! You can drive on all roads of Europe! You can meet new cities and explore them to find dealers and agencies to hire employees for your company. You can make several modifications to your truck, as the engine and even the accessories inside the cabin. You have to get gas, pay tolls and even sleep in hotels when your character has sleep!! Expand
  80. May 13, 2013
    This is one of the most fun simulator that I have had the chance to play. Not only does the controls feel good and the game simply look spectacular, it has fun and interesting gameplay. I did not think that I would play a lot of Euro Truck Simulator 2, or at least not often, but it has become the game that I launch if I know I have at least 30 minutes free. I always end up getting absorbed in the game and when I crash I actually feel a bit of fear and sadness that I've damaged the truck that I've been working so hard to get. I have been enjoy ETS 2 a great deal and it has surpassed all impressions that I had from it. Expand
  81. Jun 7, 2013
    Euro Truck Simulator is a great simulator in that it's actually fun. Unlike many simulators it has a working game-play aspect that makes it fun. I find it relaxing and entertaining to watch my little business grow into a towering empire. The game also features mod support which is always a plus for any games. The trucks have realistic physics and trying to control an out of control truck going 50 miles per hour on a country road can be quite interesting.

The game is slow at the beginning and a bit tiring and usually requires you get a loan to start up, but it's fun once you get your own truck and a small business up and going.

Overall, a nice buy, it's nice and relaxing, and controls pretty well even if you only have a keyboard.
  82. Jun 25, 2013
    Created an account solely so I could write a review for this. In all honesty, I have only played the demo, but I have to say there is something strangely cathartic about this game. I do not like trucks, not into simulators at all and frankly the idea of Europe is foreign to me. So, why am I in love with this game? As others have said, it is so relaxing. I mocked this game when I saw it, downloaded a demo on a whim and thought "Oh my God! This is amazing." I hate driving games but something about this made me smile. I love driving through the countryside and staying in the right lane. Even if you don't like trucks or driving, I recommend playing the demo, if not the whole thing. As a first person twitch shooter who plays Saints Row the Third laughing while running over people, this game blew me away. Very good, looking forward to buying the complete version. Expand
  83. Jul 13, 2013
    The best simulator of all time Who would have ever thought that a Euro Truck Simulator would get a rating this high? This simulator is one of the most relaxing games ever, but can also be very intense when carrying fragile cargo. The scenery is beautiful. When it rains ingame, I get the same warm feeling inside as when it rains in real life. I give it a perfect score because I just can't find anything "wrong" with it. Get this game! Expand
  84. Dec 21, 2013
    El mejor simulador de camiones hasta el momento. Podría tener muchas mejoras pero como no hay predecesores de este estilo con tanta calidad y detalle mi nota tiene que ser un 10. Recomendado para los fanáticos de la simulación y juegos de coches en general, curioso y original cuanto menos
  85. Jul 18, 2013
    suddenly
    Already during the development of the game, it was clear that this game will turn out revolutionary, but I could not imagine that the SCS Software will be able to release such a powerful game.
    Another first part of the graphics did not suffer, however, ETS2, compared to its predecessor, has a gorgeous graphics.
    Physics of the truck did not stay ignored, now they do not stop
    after 5 seconds after we lowered the gas, and continue to roll to a stop.
    However, the fly in the ointment in the ointment there. SCS is not tsali recycle system of fuel, and left the old, at which the fuel burns regardless of the engine speed, and regardless of the distance.

Summing up, I can tell you one thing: must have!
  86. Jul 19, 2013
    I honestly believe this is one of the best simulation games out there. The Ai is very "intelligent" and that's coming from a Artificial Intelligence & Robotics student, this is a fantastic game that not only highlights why gaming is still fun and brilliant but also how hard it is to be a truck driver.
  87. Jul 19, 2013
    The graphics for this game is amazing for the size of the game (2GB). Even if they copy roads can you design the whole of Europe using a different designed road every time?

@Mephic yes they copied the German roads from GTS that's because the roads are based on real life designs.
  88. Aug 5, 2013
    This is the seconed best game ive ever played, first best simalater, one day i was looking for a trucking game then i came accros this...
    I Loved It!!! Ihope u lve it when you play it to... and you dont just hve to use the truck that they give you, or truck in europe, the maps trucks mods... Hope you buy it
  89. Dec 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This has to be the single greatest simulator game every made. It's hard to believe a trucking simulator is as fun as this. I can't believe I'm giving this a 10 out of 10! Anyways; let's start with the pros shall we? So, you start off at the very bottom of the totem pole. You have 0 trucks, you don't have anyone working for you, and you don't have a home garage. (Although you do have a home city that you can pick) You have to do odd little jobs to save up enough money and reputation so that the bank notices you. Once they notice you, you can pull out a loan. With the loan you can buy your own truck and start doing better and more lucrative trucking jobs. Throughout the whole game you are upgrading your stats which allow you to drive farther, haul hazardous material, drive longer distances, haul urgent deliveries, and so on and so forth. Once you gain enough money, you can buy your own garage, and upgrade it. When you have a garage, you can hire others to drive for you. Now, this doesn't mean you can stop driving, but they will start to earn a nice chunk of change. (And you can control what type of cargo they haul)

Now, on top of all of this; this game accepts mods. There are a TON of mods for this game; both user created and professionally created. Some of the mods are horrendous and will crash the game; however some of the mods are extremely useful and make the game a million times more fun. Right now, with my game, I have over 200 different loads I can carry at any given time and I can travel thousands of kilometers. (Then again, everything on mine is maxed out) This is not a game you will beat in one setting, in one day, or even in one week. This is a nice relaxing game to play.

Since I did the pros, I'll do the cons. (Which don't affect my rating because they don't matter much to me) You don't have any damage simulation. Well, you do and you don't. It's a partial simulation. If you damage your truck high enough you will have a tough time driving it as the engine will stall out on you. However, you won't notice any physical damage to your truck. It's all internal and nothing cosmetic will actually show. (Even the AI cars won't show damage when you hit them) Other than that big one, there aren't too many cons. Each person is different though.

I personally recommend this game to anyone into simulation games and anyone who is interested in trucks. You will not be let down.
  90. Sep 27, 2013
    i have play this one for a very long time.
    i have now more that 10 garages and at least three drivers in each one working for me.
    very exciting game.
    i can tell that this one is the best simulator game i`ve ever played.
  91. Sep 29, 2013
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a very good sequel to Euro Truck Simulator 1, the graphics are a lot better, better trucks, better everything. The only downside is that you can't see your truck get damaged at all, it just gives you a indication that your truck is damaged. At least some paint scrapes or some dents would be nice. I highly recommend getting this game if you love trucking, simulators, or a pretty much endless game. There's also a DLC, which if you get interest in the game I recommend, or just get the gold version. Expand
  92. Oct 24, 2013
    I love This game it is kind of fun so please try to make new stuff in it so plz ubgrade it thanks And please make new citys i enjoy The city Londan and the Company Euroacers And Transnet
  93. Nov 3, 2013
    This game is really great, perfectly captures landscapes of every captured place and driving model and trucks it's really awesome. I can't say anything bad, maybe about AI drivers, they can be really annoying.
  94. Nov 10, 2013
    What sets this game apart is how relaxing it is. Who would have thought that driving your truck across a European expressway for two real hours straight could be your choice of spending those two free hours you have after a busy day? Other games have you constantly fighting something or focusing, not really letting you relax at all, that's where this game comes in. It will truly just let you "chill" and forget about all those other problems for a moment.
    Yeah, maybe it doesn't deserve a 9 because of its atrocious AI, but frankly, who cares about the other cars, just let me slowly drive my big truck from one point to the other, leaving all troubles behind.
  95. Nov 24, 2013
    "A truck driving simulator"...? I was wondering at first. I wasn't sure a game about driving a truck would be any fun. Luckily, I decided to try it anyway, and I was pleasantly surprised big time!
    You get to to start your own truck deliveries company, hire drivers, deliver cargo over most of europe, and enjoy the quite realistic view. I've been playing this game on and off for a few
    months now, and it is really a lot of fun! Expand
  96. Nov 26, 2013
    Perfeito!! Graficos e Sons de alta qualidade. Mapa amplo para poder viajar por toda europa. varias oportunidades de cargas.

Os mais novos caminhoes da europa. Perfeito!!!
  97. Dec 19, 2013
    Hands-down this is the game I play most and is the most "fun" I've had with my laptop this year. It isn't for everyone, of course, but it's extraordinarily relaxing to cruise through Europe in a rig. The graphics are beautiful and I enjoy looking around as I'm driving. The game challenges, buying new rigs, building a business, add a neat strategic element to the game. I was a bit doubtful at first, but I am so glad I bought this game. It really is the best game I've played this year. Expand
  98. Jun 7, 2014
    I would have never thought that driving trucks could be this much fun. I literally thought it would be a boring game but once I started playing it I was fine.
  99. Dec 21, 2013
    top quality game if its trucks you are into then until you hold the full UK licence and have your class 1 then this is easily the best replacement good trucking
  100. Jan 6, 2013
    A solid 7. Imagine listening to your favorite music while driving big rigs across thousands of kilometers of western and central Europe, all the while managing your own trucking network of more than one hundred other drivers! All of which is possible in Euro Truck Simulator 2 by SCS Software. This simulator starts you off as what I guess would be called a "driver for hire". You own the clothes on your back and a passport willing to drive quick hauls for anyone that would have you. You drive more routes to gain cash and experience.

The cash can be saved for your first truck, truck upgrades, and later used to upgrade your garage to house more trucks and employees. There are several truck manufacturers offering one truck model each, but with deep customization options. There is very little different between the performance of these trucks, however, there are multiple mods that address this issue.

Experience is your basic leveling system, at certain thresholds you "level up" and can put that one experience point into several different areas of expertise. For instance, you can specialize in long hauling covering massive distances, fragile cargo, high value cargo, or get certified to transport dangerous materials.

Driving the trucks can be a chore without a game pad or steering wheel. But when everything is clicking, who knew that driving steadily across varied landscapes could be so much fun. It's not a game that will keep you at the edge of your seat, rather, you'll be relaxed taking in the scenes and slowly but surely building a very profitable trucking business.

Very happy to have picked up this game, although the full retail price feels steep. I'd recommend shopping for a deal for this title to get the most bang for the buck. All in all, you can feel good about getting 30 hours of gameplay from this title.

1. Aug 4, 2014
    The question isn’t “why would you play a game about that?” The question is “why wouldn’t you play a game about that?” If only those people on that bus knew what they were missing.
  2. Jun 10, 2013
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Feb 19, 2013
    If you love trucks Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a essential for your collection.