8.6

1. Nov 4, 2013
    Yeah, it's weird this gets such a high rating. The best way to describe this is "pleasingly dull", it's really relaxing just driving your truck from place to place and it appeals to the hoarder and upgrader in you to turn your business into an empire.
  2. Apr 25, 2013
    Driving through real world locations, rain pouring down and tuned into a European radio station. There's no real way to describe it, as a simulation game it's rooted in repetition which may annoy some. If you're a fan of similar simulation games this is a must buy, simple as that it's the best of the recent slew of games of the genre.

But why do I enjoy it so much, I don't really have
    an answer it's relaxing certainly. It's interesting driving through the admittedly scaled down real world locations listening to local radio stations, maybe that's it, does a game need to do more then that to engage and engross?

The options for customizing how you drive, the weather you drive in and the behavior of pedestrians/other drivers is amazing as are the options to pimp out your truck (when you eventually earn enough to purchase a truck until such time you hire yourself out as a driver for other company's)

The game isn't the prettiest out there, your truck and things in your immediate view look fantastic however distant objects often have a 2d look to them which can be a bit jarring when the rest of the game works so well in getting you immersed.

All in all a very pleasant surprise.

*A slight edit here to clarify that the radio stations aren't per-recorded the game is designed with a very easy to use interface to stream the radio stations directly "R" key by default iirc, as another review here stated hearing a dj mention he recently had a large new listener base from ET 2 was a surreal and fun experience.
  3. May 17, 2014
    For a simulation game, this game is surprisingly good! Today it is very rare to have a simulation game that is as successful Euro Truck Simulator 2. Frankly, hat developers of the game, because it is beautiful, the trucks are beautiful, they drive on roads passing through realistic landscapes, and all this with a unique gaming experience. This game is worth its price, and you can spend more than 75 to 100 hours of game easily before stop. Do not miss! Expand
  4. Mar 14, 2014
    I really thought I wouldn’t like Euro Truck Simulator 2. I thought it was in the same vein as Farming Simulator, Street Sweeper Simulator, Snow Cat Simulator, etc. It’s not. This is a quality game with effort put into its design and I actually do enjoy it.

ETS2’s biggest positive is that it’s very relaxing to play. If I have a free hour and want to chill out, I will fire this up and do
    a quick trucking job or two. It also does a fair job in presenting you with different landscapes and varied scenery.

The downside is that the landscapes are not quite varied enough. The devs made a decent effort but after playing for a while, you will recognize all the reused set pieces such as highway interchanges, exit ramps, maintenance garages, and branches of companies where you accept jobs. And aside from driving on the left hand side of the street in England and some different background scenery, the experience on every highway and inside each city is virtually the same. Driving in Stuttgart is the same as driving in Paris is the same as driving in Rome. You won’t see the Eiffel Tower or Coliseum in the background nor any other famous streets, bridges or landmarks from any particular city. Likewise, every toll booth and rest stop are exactly the same, whether in Austria, the Netherlands or the Czech Republic.

It’s also missing visual damage to vehicles. Your truck can get damaged by accidents but none of it will show on the outside. Neither will it show up on any car you hit. Every once in a while I like to cause chaos by getting up a head of steam & swerving into oncoming traffic. It’s very unsatisfying when nothing much happens aside from traffic stopping. I know that sort of thing is more reserved for a title like GTA or Saints Row, but still.

The option of playing your own MP3s over the truck’s “radio” while driving was a great idea. Unfortunately, I found this to be a buggy feature. The game won’t play many of my MP3 files and I don’t know why.

To make up for these shortcomings, there is a very engaging career mode. The more deliveries you complete, the more experience you earn. This allows you to gain levels which in turn allows you to build up your driving skills to make more money, unlock new types of delivery jobs and unlock new options & upgrades you can buy for your truck.

Speaking of buying trucks, there are a lot to choose from, based on real life models from manufacturers like Volvo and DAF. They are expensive, but you can take out a loan from the bank if you want to get things rolling early on. You can also buy & upgrade various garages around Europe, buy more trucks, hire drivers to drive them, and all of this will end up earning you even more money.

I’m still in the early stages of the game as I only have the one truck of my own and am working on repaying a loan, but I’m looking forward to continuing to play this. It’s more of something I will progress in gradually rather than sitting down and trying to grind away at. It’s a very nice change of pace.
  5. Nov 30, 2013
    I picked up Euro Truck Sim 2 on Steam for £3.74 in the sale and I am really glad I did as it's a fantastic little game with a well-designed career format. You can take on jobs going from England to Holland and other various cities all over Europe to earn money which enables you to purchase fully-licenced high value rigs and customise them to your liking. This allows you to pick up more lucrative jobs in the future and increase your abilities as a trcuker. It's simple but very clever.

The mechanics of the sim are pretty decent too; you can go for the basic automatic option or have the full trucker experience with all elements manual. The driving feels pretty good in neatly designed locations which are ultimately scaled down and often sparse; lacking detail but on the whole, it looks and feels pretty tidy with even neat weather effects also. The game lacks in the traffic and collision department though and more attention to road laws would've made this title a more realistic sim but it's not overly complex and frustrating which makes you want to keep on playing. As the game doesn't operate entirely to scale; you can complete jobs quicker which keeps you enticed for the next one without sending you to sleep on a 10 hour haulage haul. T

On the whole; this is a brilliant title on the cheap that is definitely worth a look. The good career layout and shortened scaled jobs keep you playing on and on without getting you bored. Buying and customising your truck is great fun and the sim elements are appealing to all gamers rather than being too serious or on the verge of just an arcade game. Well worth a look
  6. Nov 10, 2013
    What sets this game apart is how relaxing it is. Who would have thought that driving your truck across a European expressway for two real hours straight could be your choice of spending those two free hours you have after a busy day? Other games have you constantly fighting something or focusing, not really letting you relax at all, that's where this game comes in. It will truly just let you "chill" and forget about all those other problems for a moment.
    Yeah, maybe it doesn't deserve a 9 because of its atrocious AI, but frankly, who cares about the other cars, just let me slowly drive my big truck from one point to the other, leaving all troubles behind.
  7. Mar 12, 2014
    Euro Truck simulator was a good game, a bit better than the first in the truck simulator series. Of course, this has been more polished, but not as I expected. It was improved with more actions, but you can't play so much, as it becomes boring, earning money and driving against some streets that has the same appearance. Also, the graphics are not impressive. Therefore, 8
  8. Dec 5, 2013
    While I enjoyed playing this game, I don't get the high scoring it gets, it really tells something about the reliability of the people that score the game since this game has big undeniable flaws.

It's fun to get a truck, improve it, buy a new one, start your own company, evolve it, travel, a relaxing game indeed, but that's it, nothing else.
    The first problem I have is with the map,
    its like a repetition of a repetition, all streets look equal, all the background scenarios look pretty much the same, but at least near cities you can see iconic buildings in the background image. When you arrive to cities, all you have is like two extremely small city blocks, feels really lacking.
    Traffic is horrible, absolutely unrealistic, traffic AI is not better than any mid 90's game, everyone drives at the same speed, no one breaks the law, no one passes a yellow light, there's no overtaking's, just absolutely boring and repetitive.

For a game that has 'Simulator' in its name, this is a pretty bad simulation, driving the truck feels nice, but that's it.
  9. Jul 9, 2013
    Nice little game here. A bit quirky really, Ive always felt that playing this type of game and Rail simulators have been a bit "geeky" for want of a better term, but it is really quite enjoyable..lol. I thought i'd just try the demo and they give you enough of a demo to want more. There is something quite nice about trucking across Europe in your own rig listening to your favorite music at night.

There is obviously a business element to the game which works quite well,I felt the game could have had a bit more "action" on the road though. The Ai is a little dumb and on rails, I would have liked to have seen fire engines racing past or cops cars on a chase here and there or your brakes failing because you havn't taken the time to service your rig resulting in you becoming a runaway truck stuff like that. It can get a little mediocre.

But overall its a good little game, try the demo at least, you'll get a nice feel for the game and i bet most of you will want more.
  10. Aug 17, 2013
    Simply love it. Reminds me of Hard Truck 2. Very addictive and very relaxing. However there should be more trucks for example Kamaz, Sisu Now after last updates all trucks are licensed with one exception. Thats why i gave it only 9.
  11. Feb 15, 2013
    Never played a truck sim before, but wish to hell I had... I'm not a truck nerd, nor a train spotter.. but this is not about being a truck nerd. This has all the addictive gameplay of ELITE, without the shooty bits!! the mod community is stunning. This is an empire building game and a driving sim all rolled into one. Seriously underrated, with mods this thing seriously rocks so goes to 10/10. It may never be cool, but for godsake download the demo and give it a go.. you might be surprised to find gameplay x100. If AAA titles these days had that much gameplay our heads would all explode.. get it!! Expand
  12. Aug 12, 2013
    I have to say I wasn't expecting much out of this, but this game is no joke.

If you are looking for a relaxing game which will allow you to really leave your house/apt/bungalow for a few hours a night and be somewhere else, this is pretty good way to do it. If you don't have a wheel, use mouse steering. I can't wait to get home tonight to play more. And that rarely happens for me
    since the console mentality took over in about 2004.

Keep in mind, I don't rate games like game sites do, where everything tolerable gets an 8 or a 9. If I find it has that compulsive "I really don't want to stop playing" when its time to go to bed, then I'll consider giving it an 8. Anything else is 7 or less.
  13. Nov 24, 2013
    "A truck driving simulator"...? I was wondering at first. I wasn't sure a game about driving a truck would be any fun. Luckily, I decided to try it anyway, and I was pleasantly surprised big time!
    You get to to start your own truck deliveries company, hire drivers, deliver cargo over most of europe, and enjoy the quite realistic view. I've been playing this game on and off for a few
    months now, and it is really a lot of fun! Expand
  14. Dec 3, 2013
    Huge surprise! I thought the premise of this game would be as much fun as watching paint dry. I picked it up on a whim in a Steam sale and have been so impressed (despite this not really being the kind of thing I am into) I would almost pay full price for it. What is the catch? Like a lot of people say there is something incredibly relaxing about it. As with many people I increasingly as a result of having a family have less and less time to do any gaming. This game allows you a ten minute or 10 hour fix whichever you want depending on what your day allows. Simply put you just pull up a chair listen to some funky euro Internet radio station and just go cruising. It scales well so you can drive from London to Warsaw in a realistic time frame, or just pull into a rest stop leave the game and pick up where you left off the next day. You get to build a fleet, go shopping for cool rigs and hire some drivers and watch your little empire grow. I can't put my finger on it but it is fun and relaxing at the same time. I am so surprised I like this game but I just do surprise yourself and huge value for money! Expand
  15. Mar 18, 2013
    Coming from someone who found ETS1 to be quite boring, ETS2 manages to be alot more fun than it's predecessor. Driving feels great and it's alot easier to pick up and play. It's presentation is very good and the graphics are quite well done aswell. My only complaint is that Portugal and Spain are, unfortunately, missing. Solid game overall, I recommend it to anyone who likes to drive (in videogames at least). Expand
  16. Mar 8, 2013
    An incredibly immersive experience. I have absolutely no interest in European trucking and I think it's important to point that out. Many people vote these games high out of bias towards their personal interests, that is not the case here. ETS 2 is straight-up a very well designed game. --PROS-- The map size is quite big. I reckon it would take 2 hours or so to drive from one extreme to another. The cabins and trucks are designed with variety, even turn signals sound different in each truck. The physics are not perfect but are quite realistic. It's quite difficult to go on a long trip without doing anything wrong the whole time, making it a rewarding experience when you do. The way the economy works and your career progresses is as well well done, allowing you to work for companies or start your own. The world feels open and alive as opposed to just a blank canvas to drive on. There are car dealerships, recruitment agencies, gas stations, rest stations, service depots and more. You can discover and access all of these on your own, giving the game a true open-world feel. The functionality of the trucks is also full-fledged, allowing you to adjust each individual mirror, access hazard signals, and there's even a function to flash your lights specifically as a means of saying "thank you" or "go ahead" to the other drivers. --CONS-- The physics seem to have been toned down just a bit for ease of use. I imagine true pros will find this a bit unnerving. The audio inside the cabin is glitched out, ends up sounding like the cabin is basically sound proofed. The AI drivers can be frustrating. There's a few glitchy things about them, for example they often slam on the brakes and stop when lanes merge 200m ahead despite having room to merge. In terms of immersion there's two things to note: One is that there is no way to get from town to town yourself if you don't own a truck and the open world aspect is removed when taking jobs. In essence you'll arrive in a city to finish a job, open the menu to take a new job in a different city, and magically arrive there. We should have to drive there first. Or take a bus with the option to sit and view the journey. Secondly your sleep resets when you finish a job. This ties into the whole teleporting to your new job... they've removed the aspect of continuity, which sacrifices immersion gravely as a result. Overall the CONS are more pet peeves and don't do enough damage to affect the game in any appreciable manner. I wish I could expand on technical details however my ignorance towards trucking prevents me from doing so. Collapse Expand
  17. Jul 13, 2013
    It actually has the feel of a truck almost.. Logitech DFGT wheel works fine in this game.. 150.00 usa new about 50-75.00 used on ebay usa..I assume equal value or less in uk.. Euro truck also allows you to combine controls.. I use my Saitek rudder pedals (saves room under desk with just one set for both sim types) as brake and gas while using the DFGT to drive.. stick shift works fine for forward reverse and no clutch really needed as the trans is synced as in real life.. Truck drivers use a clutch rarely while shifting thru the gears.. mainly at lights and to go into reverse.. oh and TrackIR is something else to look into.. works fine here as well..the game is also very moddable.. The onscreen navigator/GPS will have you owning the roads in no time.

The graphics pull you into this one.. it looks very nice. I drove a lot of USA Volvo trucks in my day and the interior although different than USA im sure..does have that layout and feel.. the mirror system works great as does the synced transmissions.. I found myself down shifting and using the mirrors like real life within minutes..backing to hook and unhook with total mirror control.. was very close to the real deal.. trust me.. I know..

Besides the work for hire mode, you can also start your own company while hiring other drivers to work for you. Although there is much variety and views… at some point the countryside may seem like the same old thing after a bit.. but to tell the truth.. once you hook and get down the road.. they all look like the same old thing more times than not… so acceptable for this type sim, if not demanded…Time is not Real life timed and again trust me.. you will appreciate that. There is a fatigue and miles capable of driving per your experience level. This is a very good thing.. a log book would be another nice feature.. maybe I missed it.. but by law is required at least on this side of the pond. Which keeps up with hours driven and locations. You can legally drive for only so long.. and sleep is another law. Don’t complain about the AI traffic jams because again.. traffic happens.. and more times than not. it’s pretty close to life… and much better than I would have ever expected.. the rain on the windshields works great as does night driving..

They have a nice Music system allowing for your personal mp3′s etc set into a folder for game play along with “steaming” internet music. Although I would like to see a CB simulator added along with maybe a LTL delivery system put into play as well as multiplayer added just for road fun..

Additional thoughts would be to add some deer and animal jump outs across the roads.. and tire recaps on roads (alligators) as it happens and some of the more accidental problems of road drivers.. A walk around at rest areas so the driver can inspect his unit and kick the tires.. also happens.. on a two hour schedule if you’re a smart driver.. for what you get… its very well done and worth the buy in..[GS] 8/10
  18. Sep 30, 2013
    A simulator with some potential. A trucking simulator could be an important application for the PC, but two flaws stand in its way of achieving any form of usability.
    The first critical flaw is simulated head-turning. When navigating actual traffic you need to look around. ETS2 does not have a working solution for doing this, instead offering the possibility to slowly and inaccurately
    turn your pow around. As a result you won't be able to achieve proper speed of decision-making.
    The second flaw is the "realistic" turning wheel, which does not translate well into PC-controllers. This makes controlling the truck actually quite a bit harder than in real life.
  19. Oct 19, 2014
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is amazing in almost every way. The scenery is beautiful and the trucks are so realistic, as is the cargo. The day/night cycle is a nice touch and the AI traffic and weather. One complaint I do have for this game is that, yes your truck does take damage points and pretty soon the truck will stop working, but there is NO damage on the truck at all. You can be in a huge pile up on the freeway and wreck your truck, but still no signs of damage on the truck at all. Another thing this game needs is more AI cars. Most of them look the same and I would like some different ones now and then. Expand
  20. Mar 26, 2013
    I have no idea why this is doing so well, It is exactally what It delivers, a boring trucking experience of driving from point A to point B on roads and highways... After a couple hours I got bored and uninstalled; that said, it was a great time killer and the engine works well. For something so mundane its very impressive that it was polished so well. I can see how it can be a great training tool... but as entertainment.....??? I am afraid I just do not get it. Expand
  21. Apr 13, 2013
    Este juego es simplemente relajante, la verdas es que es muy divertido, te hace sentirte como si fueras un camionero de verdad, tambien podes escuchar tu musica y reproducir una radio online! GEstionar tu propia empresa tal vez paresca complicado al principio pero despues te acostumbras con el tiempo. La fisica capaz sea extraña, muchas veces el camion se me volteaba, segunds despues se me desbolteaba y miraba "0%" de daño al camion y a la carga. Lo que no me gusta, por eso le baje unos puntos, es el trafico, exactamente, ¿cual trafico? el que no esta, no hay trafico, hay mas autos en las rutas donde no hay nada (maximo 4 o 5 autos) que en una ciudad. Por alguna razon, este juego es muy
    "alemaniasante", alemania es el centro de todo, es el pais con mas ciudades y todo. Muchas rutas las encontraras aburridas, pero otras tienen curvas muy complicadas de dominar y la carretera es muy chica para un camion que varias veces lleva como carga un gran tanque de presion. Pero es muy recomendable que lo compren al juego, si te gusta manejar (mucho mejor con un volante), y los juegos tranquilos, Euro Truck Simulator 2, es para vos.
  22. Jun 21, 2014
    Personally, I'm living my child's dream - riding a truck. Just chillin' on the highway, listening to my own imported music, and ride. Graphic is decent and environment fits (to some level) with the real traffic routes and cities. You start as an employee in random truck companies, later you will earn own garage, possibility to buy truck, more trucks, take longer journeys with more fragile/dangerous/valuable cargo. If you like simulators, get this one. Expand
  23. Jan 19, 2013
    A surprisingly addictive game even as someone with no prior interest in the trucking simulation scene. The driving feels nice and smooth even if there's many acts of dangerous driving that can go unpunished with only major crimes such as running red lights and speeding grabbing you a fine; cutting someone off as they're overtaking you or u-turning on a motorway is fine, apparently. It's quite repetitive gameplay but not in an exhausting sense, it's surprisingly good at keeping you involved actually and the running your haulage business provides an engine to drive you through the game, no pun intended. Overall a surprisingly decent experience although it's coming in pretty steep at Expand
  24. Jun 7, 2014
    I would have never thought that driving trucks could be this much fun. I literally thought it would be a boring game but once I started playing it I was fine.
  25. Mar 2, 2014
    This game is extremely relaxing and you can actually play the radio off of radio stations from different countries within the game. It is a great game when played in moderation and the player almost gets an idea of what it is truly like to be a Truck Driver.

PS: Watch out for the Traffic Speed Cameras. On a long haul they can completely destroy your profits.
  26. Dec 1, 2013
    I bought this game during a steam sale because I needed something relaxing. I'm no truck driver (outside of maybe driving a de-ice truck), and I have never been to Europe before, but I must say, this game really impressed me to the point where I feel like I'm really there and driving a real truck. I am positively impressed.
  27. Nov 5, 2012
    Never played a truck sim before and thought this might be a good one to start with - had heard a few people praising it on a forum and decided to buy the game on Origin. Found the driving to be enjoyable and although it isn't the most realistic in terms of physics and handling it is pretty decent, one thing that does stand out however is the fact that in this game you have to drive rather than race - obeying road traffic rules, signalling, etc, which makes for a pleasant change of pace. The sim side of the game also turned out to be more detailed than expected and I am having fun running my own truck business with 2 other drivers working for me. The graphics are good and the sound is adequate - my only gripe is that inside the cab there isn't much engine noise to hear, maybe SCS could add an option to roll the window down or I have missed it somewhere? Overall I am enjoying this game a lot and cant wait to see what new features are in the games future and where the series goes next. Expand
  28. Mar 7, 2013
    My only problem with this game is the damage detection! My engine will fail with only CAB damage??? WTF. No used truck sales but that is not a big deal. Fun game, lots of upgrades, and you can keep the same truck and keep upgrading it. Lots of different trucks to pick from, Long hauls don't feel too long and fun company to run!
  29. Nov 16, 2013
    I'm sure this isn't for everyone but for me it's brilliant. I have a 3 monitor set up with a G27 so it's a very realistic, immersive experience. The graphics and IA are top notch. It must be a labour of love for people who work on that game as it's the nuts.
  30. Nov 17, 2013
    Love the open road feel of this game. Very detailed and challenging game. The trucks are beautiful. The road can vary from parking lot to mineshaft. For all you get it does not take up very much hard drive space. One thing I was concerned about was the actual time it takes to make a run between cities. It turns out to be much less in game but still feels like the full experience.
  31. Apr 2, 2013
    I'd like to see every driver on earth play ETS2 for at least 10 hours. Then they might realise why truckers want to break their head when they cut them off at roundabouts or leave them with no room to stop.

Nutcase driving delinquents could do with a few hours hauling 18 tonnes of diesel between cities to see what it feels like to have cars passing them dangerously close or even dealing
    with the idiots trying to kill them!

Perhaps traffic management and road designers should do a minimum of 50 hours "community service" on ETS2 to learn that 30 foot trailers do not go well around 90 degree corners covered in guard rails and street lights.

It took 585 hours to decide that ETS2 only falls short in the commerce and driver management department the rest is pure eye candy and amazingly addictive gameplay.

There are indeed some AI issues, occasional GFX stutters and a lack of depth in the commerce and truck and driver management but as a driving simulator it rates an easy 10. I understand that the talented but small team at SCS are working on the management aspect and tweaking the AI. If they can pull that off, it's a game with a lifespan of many, many months possibly years.

If you simply want to smash stuff and look at pieces of trucks and cars or even blood flowing across the road, this is not for you.

Straightforward, easy to learn but no two trips will ever the same. SCS is on a long term winner if they get that management longevity and perhaps just perhaps, even MP or at the very least co-op
  32. Dec 1, 2013
    A game that managed to be fun and relaxing at the same time. This is for those who like to drive, simply drive. The truck thing is just a theme to carry a pleasant real-life driving simulation inside. I dare anyone with a bitter approach on this concept to try it and leave it without a smile. Beautiful graphics, smart AI, and of course a very down-to-earth truck simulation. A salty price indeed, but nothing that a Steam Holiday Sale won't fix. Expand
  33. Jan 18, 2013
    Well i have always had a thing for simulator games because they require you to use your brain and act similar to the real world i have always looked for decent truck game only to find none had what i was looking for until Euro Truck Simulator got released.

I have owned this game since release and i am still playing it to this day there are good mods out there and game play can be
    extremely fun.

The surroundings contain a high level of detail but is still low end PC friendly i am extremely glad to see this game arrive on steam just activated mine today This game delivers everything it promises plus more but it does require high level of patients at times as AI traffic can be annoying at times and truck physics could use adjusting but some people are coming out with physics mods They do updates which is good there are mods but always test careful because not all mods are perfect plus mods are made by normal people so modded version may lack SCS support

Overall its excellent game i have had over 3 months game play so i have scored it a 10/10
  34. Jan 19, 2013
    Skyrim with trucks. Big open world, big trucks and big tires. I think that this game is trying to play off on the popularity of Ice Road Truckers the Canadian show (best show ever).
  35. Jun 7, 2013
    Euro Truck Simulator is a great simulator in that it's actually fun. Unlike many simulators it has a working game-play aspect that makes it fun. I find it relaxing and entertaining to watch my little business grow into a towering empire. The game also features mod support which is always a plus for any games. The trucks have realistic physics and trying to control an out of control truck going 50 miles per hour on a country road can be quite interesting.

The game is slow at the beginning and a bit tiring and usually requires you get a loan to start up, but it's fun once you get your own truck and a small business up and going.

Overall, a nice buy, it's nice and relaxing, and controls pretty well even if you only have a keyboard.
  36. Mar 18, 2014
    Ótimo jogo, ótimo suporte, pena não ser muito bem programado mas nem me importo tanto, o jogo está cada vez mais melhorando e assim que é bom, a empresa não está esquecendo dos jogadores, dou nota 8, muito bom o jogo, jogo todo dia!!!
  37. Mar 16, 2013
    Maybe it's the best existing truck game, but it doesn't mean it's enough good to be a really great truck game. While the graphics are good and there are a lot of different cargo stuff to carry around the countries, it lacks in variety. All the highways are equal, the incorporations to these, the handling of the trucks are very close one to each other... this game also needs more countries to visit, more photo-realistic streets and the real licenses of the trucks (only Scania is available as a real brand) Expand
  38. Feb 20, 2013
    To be honest, I don't much care for simulators. Or trucks. Or even Europe for that matter! But something about this game has tickled my fancy. I can't quite put my finger on it but it has an irresistible pull that keeps me coming back for more. Is it the best game I've ever played? No. But it is a very well put together truck simulator that deserves your attention. Give the demo a try at the very least! Expand
  39. Apr 14, 2013
    Great game excellent features. Very good graphics and I would certinally reccomend this game. There is quite a lot of features on this game. Worth getting!!
  40. Jan 17, 2013
    Improves on every aspect of ETS1. I don't normally play simulators, but I just love playing this one. Good sound, VERY nice graphics for a simulator, and much larger gameplay than the previous one.
  41. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is a good fun distraction. I know a lot of people think it's silly and all you have to do is deliver supplies with a truck but that's what the game is about. If you don't want to drive a truck don't buy it. It's a game that delivers exactly what it says. Sure it'd be nice if there were visual damage and the customization is mostly cosmetic but in it's core it's still a fun game that is very relaxing to play. Expand
  42. Dec 3, 2012
    Euro Truck Simulator 2, Simulator... Simulator? Don't be fooled by the name, this game has nothing that remember a simulator. You drive formula trucks with loads of empty box in your back, all trucks have basically the same engine sounds AND all the engines have the same sound. The customization is only aesthetic, you don't need the big cab to get the big engine, 6x2 and 6x4 axles configuration have no advantage over the 4x2 configuration because you can load ANY cargo with any number of axles and any engine for the simple reason that the cargoes have no weight. The night lights are pathetic, you cant see the flares of the cars above 30 meters of you. No damage indication, you can ham a hundred cars and your truck paint wont show any signal of scratch or dirt. The AI is horrible, dumb and stupid and all the 3D models and textures are ugly, but the game runs lick a brick with stuttering and micro freezes in a rig that manages Crysis 2 and Anno 2070 in his "Ultra" settings. Expand
  43. Nov 22, 2012
    I rated this sim as a 10 not because it's the best game ever made but because it's the best Truck simulation that I've ever played and I've played a lot of them. It's not perfect but the developers do seem to genuinely want to work with the community to continue improving the game while at the same time making it a viable option to do so through paid extensions, DLC etc.

The only thing
    lacking is an "official" community forum on the Euro Truck Simulator 2 website, instead they use a series of blogs and comments which truth be told sucks as a way to communicate interactively with your customers. However the game is excellent after a couple of updates. Expand
  44. Mar 9, 2013
    I feel like a truck driver! and it gets better knowing that the game has built-in internet radio. I was cruising outside Paris one day and tuned into a station in England when the DJ started talking about how his program had become a hit among the Euro truck sim players and it made me laugh. The game handles well and the steering wheel calibration was very nice (the game already had my old wheel set up for me) even if you don't have the latest logitech wheel. Only downside would be that as an American, who is used to the stone-age measuring systems that we use, getting used to speed limits, distances, and traffic signs take a few minutes but are easy none the less. Expand
  45. Aug 11, 2014
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a trucking game. But, it's more than that. It also features company simulation. Physics are realistic. If lucky, you can see a plane landing. Also, you can make or download mods, which really improve the game. It's very relaxing just driving and listening to the internet radio with realistic physics, but come to the cities and the relax stops due to maneuvering through city traffic with a trailer in tow. Overall, it's an amazing game with huge potential. But it also has one flaw, the cities do not look anything like they do in real life, and they're small. Can you imagine Venice without a single canal? That's how it is in this game. I recommend this game to anyone who likes trucking games, driving games, company simulation games or simply realistic games and who doesn't mind with the un realistic cities. Expand
  46. Feb 11, 2013
    This is by far one of the best simulators I have ever played! It gets the perfect balance between game and simulator, you can build you're own trucking empire and the simulation is very realistic, you really do feel like you're driving a truck. as for graphics, Euro Truck Simulator 2 looks fantastic on ultra graphics setting, which as many of us know is surprising for a simulator! All things considered, Euro Truck Simulator 2 is worth you're time if your a fan of simulators. Expand
  47. Jul 21, 2013
    The best game I have! The game is amazing! You can buy and upgrade trucks, paint and put accessories to make a truckload of style! You can drive on all roads of Europe! You can meet new cities and explore them to find dealers and agencies to hire employees for your company. You can make several modifications to your truck, as the engine and even the accessories inside the cabin. You have to get gas, pay tolls and even sleep in hotels when your character has sleep!! Expand
  48. Jul 18, 2013
    Has more graphics than simulation. The game-play is very repetitive another downside is the lack of customization for your truck. Game is ok, but the simulation is very poor
  49. Mar 6, 2013
    This game is pretty solid for one, a simulator and two, a truck simulator. The graphics AREN'T too bad for a simulation game and the gameplay is solid. There is something oddly soothing about driving down the highway cruising in your rig hauling a load. This game HAS to be played with a wheel and shifter. Without it you lose the soothing cruising experience and steering is not as engaging. Still, this game offers a lot of content, detailed and functioning cabins and trucks. The traffic in the game is moderately smart and the in-climate weather adds a nice touch. This game doesnt get a 10 because of two things: The sound of the trucks are ALL the same which gets very irritating after a while...and the sound of the motor is not loud enough....and TWO: Taking loads from one place to another gets repetitive after a while too..its all the same thing. Expand
  50. Nov 14, 2012
    First time reviewer here. I never felt like writing one before; you either have something good to say or you simply ignore it. Well, this game is surprisingly good. I wish I had spent my money on it before instead of wasting 60 bucks on other over hyped games that fail to deliver. Anyway, I am not a huge truck simulator fan. In fact, this is the second simulator of its kind that I put my hands on, but it's also a business simulator of sorts, which is pretty cool, fulfilling and HARD to manage. As you slowly accomplish your own set goals, the game feels very rewarding. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous. You can see landmarks that distinguish every other city in Europe. There are LOTS of cities to go to, explore, get jobs, hire personnel, buy trucks and garages. I was shocked the first time I saw the pedestrians walking by. It all feels very alive and beautiful. The star of the game itself is the truck, or rather the plethora of trucks. You have very detailed and extremely customizable trucks to play with. Driving the truck is relatively simple and easy (I recommend a gamepad), and the real challenge comes from maneuvering the truck in tight spaces like real truckers do. It takes a lot of time and practice to get good at it.

I highly recommend this game.
  51. Apr 11, 2014
    I'm absolutely surprised how much fun I'm having driving this truck around. Though, for me, with just the stock engines and transmissions, the game drags out the experience too close to home. So, modded, with powerful engines and transmissions, combined with my favorite driving soundtracks, this game is very addictive and relaxing. Such a nice change from all the teeth grinding, bone-crushing FPS games out there. The scenary is awesome, and there are many little subtities that make this game not just a drive through a repetitive map over and over. Landmarks, cars, pedestrians, hills, birds, sun, moon, rain, even the different rails used in different areas, all makes it so refreshing.

There are lots of customization, and while there are many aesthetics, some of them are merely disguised. One commentor below said that there is no difference between the 4x2, 6x2-4 and the 6x4 chassis..This is NOT only false, but shows that he was not very vigilant even as a real life trucker.
    The 4x2 provides the largest fuel capacity, can be styled with side protectors, but comes at a cost of less braking power, though it is the cheapest option.
    The 6x2-4 has the extra braking power but has a very limited fuel capacity.
    While the 6x4 has the braking power, and a slightly larger fuel capacity but at a more costlier price than the 6x2-4.

Considering the depth of the explained game mechanics above, that should put a cork into anyone thinking that SCS isn't very thoroughly thought out. Realistic? Well, for $25 retail price, you are getting what you pay for, and quite frankly, the gameplay is most important, not the specific kind of sounds you want to hear from your truck, and I'm sure there's a mod out there that lets you feel the full 25 tons of your cargo load and totally hamper your driving..hey, everyone has their fetishes.

I just feel this game is very deserving of this mark, and I hope everyone can enjoy this game as much as I did. Good day.
  52. Oct 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been following the evolution of SCS Software's trucking games and I must say the guys are not joking. I remember the plain and edgy games from the past their new baby is everything but that. Expand
  53. Oct 25, 2013
    GAMEPLAY:

This game is fantastic, but that doesn't make it addicting. It is a game you will play for like a couple hours a day then go play LoL or COD or whatever people seem to like... the gameplay is fun but it can get dull and repetitive. The world is HUGE but invisible walls make it seem linear, but it is fun to build up your company, the early game gets annoying because your only
    getting income through your own jobs and they are all pretty much the same... but the gameplay overall is pretty good. 6/10

VISUALS:

This game, looks decent, it's deep and engaging but in terms of the graphics, its ok...
    the graphics are pretty detailed at times but the cities don't look nice at all, the rain looks good, but when you travel across the sea with ferries you won't even be able to tell if you did it because there is no animation, but the graphics are decent. 7/10

CONTROLS:

The controls are very impressive, turning feels good, accelerating feels realistic, the only problem is that the trucks don't go fast enough, sure it is a simulator but with the size of the world it can get annoying. 8/10

SOUNDTRACK:

I can't review this games soundtrack because it doesn't have any, instead it let's you choose the soundtrack so I can't score this. N/A

VARIETY:

This is where the game shines. It allows so much variety in the ways you want to play, want to just explore the world and let your employees do the work for you? You can do that. Do you want to get as much cash as possible and always be working every second? Do that too. 8/10

CONTENT:

This game will never run out of content. I challenge anyone to have explored the entire game world, it will take at least 12 hours to do that, plus all the jobs and things you can do, overwhelming? No. Enough to keep you playing for a long time? Yes. 7.5/10

OVERALL:

Overall, this game is good, but will not standout from other driving games like Need For Speed or Driver: San Fransisco, The game is different, as it is a simulator, but it is still not as impressive. Of course, for simulation standards, this will be one of the best games you will find in this genre, but if you are not into simulators, you should still try it out, because it can be really fun at times. 7.4/10!
  54. Dec 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This has to be the single greatest simulator game every made. It's hard to believe a trucking simulator is as fun as this. I can't believe I'm giving this a 10 out of 10! Anyways; let's start with the pros shall we? So, you start off at the very bottom of the totem pole. You have 0 trucks, you don't have anyone working for you, and you don't have a home garage. (Although you do have a home city that you can pick) You have to do odd little jobs to save up enough money and reputation so that the bank notices you. Once they notice you, you can pull out a loan. With the loan you can buy your own truck and start doing better and more lucrative trucking jobs. Throughout the whole game you are upgrading your stats which allow you to drive farther, haul hazardous material, drive longer distances, haul urgent deliveries, and so on and so forth. Once you gain enough money, you can buy your own garage, and upgrade it. When you have a garage, you can hire others to drive for you. Now, this doesn't mean you can stop driving, but they will start to earn a nice chunk of change. (And you can control what type of cargo they haul)

Now, on top of all of this; this game accepts mods. There are a TON of mods for this game; both user created and professionally created. Some of the mods are horrendous and will crash the game; however some of the mods are extremely useful and make the game a million times more fun. Right now, with my game, I have over 200 different loads I can carry at any given time and I can travel thousands of kilometers. (Then again, everything on mine is maxed out) This is not a game you will beat in one setting, in one day, or even in one week. This is a nice relaxing game to play.

Since I did the pros, I'll do the cons. (Which don't affect my rating because they don't matter much to me) You don't have any damage simulation. Well, you do and you don't. It's a partial simulation. If you damage your truck high enough you will have a tough time driving it as the engine will stall out on you. However, you won't notice any physical damage to your truck. It's all internal and nothing cosmetic will actually show. (Even the AI cars won't show damage when you hit them) Other than that big one, there aren't too many cons. Each person is different though.

I personally recommend this game to anyone into simulation games and anyone who is interested in trucks. You will not be let down.
  55. Nov 5, 2012
    At first I have to admit - I'm a huge trucking games fan. I played every one of them, all made by SCS software and also the Rig n Roll failgame. I waited for this game to come out, I was patient when they postponed the date of release. What can I say - this game is beautiful and made some of my dreams related to truck driving come true, but it lacks in main core of the game. The first and biggest flaw is lack of truck physics - trucks don't behave like a sports car and here they do. The springs are stiff as hell and it is really hard to fall out of the turn (the trailer doesn't "drag" You enough). There is absolutely no feeling of "bumps" - even Agrar Simulator 2012 has this so why SCS couldn't do it? Another huge problem is the map - Netherlands, Poland, Italy - YES, these countries are interesting and well made. But when You play the game You will find Yourself driving for endless hours through Germany which is the main core of the map. And here You find another fail - Germany roads are copy-paste from German Truck Simulator! Adding new graphics didn't help - these roads are so bad as they were in GTS so they are: 1. Unrealistic, 2. Boring, 3. Boring, 4. Unrealistic! The trailers - most of them copied from GTS, fail again. SCS needed over 2 years for this game - we could at least expect new, realistic models - but no. They're not here. Economy? This one doesn't exist. You can earn huge amount of money just driving - there are almost no costs, there are no oponnents, there is no real market and finally the payments You get are 5 times as big as in real world (at least You can mod that). No wonder why there was a payment nerf mod released 2 weeks after game release date. Finally - the biggest fail of all - lack of AI cars and lack of pedestrians (they are only in 3-4 cities but I can live with that). Endless hours of driving and You don't see any random accidents (SCS Promised that but it's not here), You don't see random roadworks (promised - not here, all I can see are the same roadworks everywhere). Finally there is almost no AI cars which could make a traffic jam and a trip harder. 3 lane German road to Berlin and You see 3 cars around. Seriously?!

The goods: 1. Truck modification options
    2. Nice graphics (although AA is terribly ugly and the MSAA filter SCS have used should land in a trash)
    3. Interesting sounds in part of trucks
    4. Nice countries (except Germany and Austria)
    5. Well made truck models 6. Lots of mods which make game better but not as good as it should be. Final grade - 6/10 for 2012 quite big budget for the simulator game. Comparing to products released before - 9/10. So let's say final decision is strong 7 - but a lot to fix. And finally the biggest fail of all - economy and lack of
  56. Mar 7, 2013
    This game is beautiful, engrossing and entertaining. Worth every penny you throw at it. Plenty of trucks to pick from, and many ways to upgrade not only the game (using mods to enhance realism etc.) but also the trucks. Great fun.
  57. Nov 6, 2012
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is the best truck/vehicle simulator on the market!

Nice graphics and sounds. I like that you can buy your own truck and start your own company You can even qustomize your truck!

i really recommend this game!
  58. Nov 8, 2012
    10 Out Of 10, Love the game, it's great I've been waiting all year for the game and when it game out in October i purchased it straight away. It turns out it's fabulous & it's the best simulator on the market and is well worth the money. The game has the best physics ever and has super realistic graphics with a highly advanced economy system. I've found it highly addictive and it can't get and better. Good Job SCS

-Nitro
  59. Mar 16, 2013
    I don't get the wooo with this game. Yes, the business system is cool, it has the real truck brands, and the trucks are very customizable... But ohter than that, it's just driving. Not high speed driving, no, just regular driving like the same I do every day for an hour.

The graphics are meh, and the diversity of maps seems lacking. The second "mission" I took had the same map as the
    first one for several minutes. And they were supposed to happen in different countries.

I guess it may be nice for people working on an office who find driving relaxing, but this game isn't for me.
  60. Jan 5, 2013
    Who would have ever thought that a Euro Truck Simulator would get a rating this high? This simulator is one of the most relaxing games ever, but can also be very intense when carrying fragile cargo. The scenery is beautiful. When it rains ingame, I get the same warm feeling inside as when it rains in real life. I give it a perfect score because I just can't find anything "wrong" with it. Get this game. Expand
  61. Jan 6, 2013
    A solid 7. Imagine listening to your favorite music while driving big rigs across thousands of kilometers of western and central Europe, all the while managing your own trucking network of more than one hundred other drivers! All of which is possible in Euro Truck Simulator 2 by SCS Software. This simulator starts you off as what I guess would be called a "driver for hire". You own the clothes on your back and a passport willing to drive quick hauls for anyone that would have you. You drive more routes to gain cash and experience.

The cash can be saved for your first truck, truck upgrades, and later used to upgrade your garage to house more trucks and employees. There are several truck manufacturers offering one truck model each, but with deep customization options. There is very little different between the performance of these trucks, however, there are multiple mods that address this issue.

Experience is your basic leveling system, at certain thresholds you "level up" and can put that one experience point into several different areas of expertise. For instance, you can specialize in long hauling covering massive distances, fragile cargo, high value cargo, or get certified to transport dangerous materials.

Driving the trucks can be a chore without a game pad or steering wheel. But when everything is clicking, who knew that driving steadily across varied landscapes could be so much fun. It's not a game that will keep you at the edge of your seat, rather, you'll be relaxed taking in the scenes and slowly but surely building a very profitable trucking business.

Very happy to have picked up this game, although the full retail price feels steep. I'd recommend shopping for a deal for this title to get the most bang for the buck. All in all, you can feel good about getting 30 hours of gameplay from this title.
  62. Mar 9, 2013
    A lot more effort should have gone into this game. Less focus on size and more focus on quality will have made this far more enjoyable, that said this game is clearly aimed at a very particular group of gamers.
  63. Mar 19, 2013
    Strangely enough, this game has already proven to be a better simulator than simcity 2013. I don't know what it is about it but it is really fun! I'm pretty sure I'll get bored of it by next week but it really is a very in depth game. 9/10
  64. Sep 29, 2013
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a very good sequel to Euro Truck Simulator 1, the graphics are a lot better, better trucks, better everything. The only downside is that you can't see your truck get damaged at all, it just gives you a indication that your truck is damaged. At least some paint scrapes or some dents would be nice. I highly recommend getting this game if you love trucking, simulators, or a pretty much endless game. There's also a DLC, which if you get interest in the game I recommend, or just get the gold version. Expand
  65. Oct 11, 2013
    Graphics: 8.5/10 Realism: 10/10 Appropriate for All Ages: 10/10 Gameplay: 9/10 Price 3/10 Multiplayer: N/A In-Game Purchases: 10/10 Overall: 7.2/10

One of the overall best games I've ever played. Great graphics. No in-game purchases (as far as I know). No multiplayer (which seriously sucks) Gameplay is great but there should be a little bit more excitement than what it is. There is a
    coded Mac version (which is excellent). Expand
  66. Oct 25, 2013
    Very nice game,very often is updates. I give this game 10 ,because I think this is the best Simulator Game. I play this game often,but this don't tired.
  67. Jun 4, 2014
    The best truck simulator game.
    I really happy that after 18 Wheels of Steels, there is someone that continues to create the truck simulators.
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 even though it was almost perfect at the release, it continues to receive updates after even more than 1 year from the release date.
    The change logs of the updates are not all "bug fixes", but it add new features, new
    trucks.
    To not forget the DLCs that add new countries.
    It's a game that can not in any way get fans of the genre bored, because every day it's new!
  68. Jan 18, 2013
    Hugely exceeded expectations. Hope to see lots of dlc in the way train simulator releases it. Try the game out of you want something fun, relaxing, and very atmospheric.
  69. Mar 17, 2013
    The last time I played a truck game was like 7-8 years ago, one if the 18 Wheels of Steel games from the same developer. To be honest the only thing I want to achieve in this type of game is to cruise and listen to country music. The part with driving a big truck makes the feeling a bit more realistic. I think the game deliver what I want to do in the game. I sure could wish for some more AI cars and a less repetitive environment but in the end this is a good game, Expand
  70. Nov 6, 2012
    A relaxing and addictive game. Don't be fooled into thinking a simulator will be no fun this is a great game even if your not into lorries or trucks. I'm not a train or plane sim player but this is getting more play time than NFS most wanted!
  71. Feb 10, 2013
    For the curious:
    If you can't live without fast paced action and are always craving excitement, this game is not for you. This game lets you build a business on trucking and allows you to manage the business aspect while enjoying the aspect of making deliveries and stuff. It's engrossing and I often find myself playing for 3-4 hours on end. It has it's own brand of tension too. Rushing to
    make those deliveries on a rain lashed country road in the dead of night will get you gripping your mouse tightly changing lanes to beat the traffic. If you are a casual gamer, you will need to change how you play. Unlike saints row or GTA, this game wont work with WASD controls. Unless you want to spend 90% of your time in ditches that is. Using the mouse to control the steering wheel while using W and S for acceleration works better and will save you the price of buying a gaming wheel. Expand
  72. Mar 4, 2013
    I signed up just so I could write a review for this game. I was one of those people that made fun of this game when I first heard about it, but after seeing a trailer I immediately downloaded the demo, was hooked, played until the demo ran out, then purchased the game on steam. There is something addictive and staisfying about hauling a load of cargo from point a A to B succefully. The attention to detail and love for trucks SCS has put into this game shows, and even though it's not the most exciting subject matter, it's worth playing simply to appreciate the qaulity of what's been created. This game is what all simulators should aspire to be like. Expand
  73. Mar 19, 2013
    This game is excellent in every way possible! The graphics are absolutely excellent and so much detail was put into just about everything in this game.
  74. Feb 18, 2014
    This game doesn't deserve a 10 rating but it doesn't means it is not good. It is an OK game but I have to remove a few points as it is NOT a truck simulator at all. The graphics are quite good and you can manage your own garages and employees, which are great things into the game. This game is very addictive and it is a good thing because you spend a lot of good time trying to upgrade your trucks and your skills. However, there are a few things that makes it lose so many points. Every simulators start with the principle that you start without any experience and you learn how to pilot or drive your vehicule so you become better and better each time you practice. Euro Truck simulator 2 is nothing of that. You will start being the best driver on the planet and soon enough, the traffic commits so many infractions that you are getting 10 tickets and 20 vehicule collision per run, which is quite irrealistic considering the fact that most of the real truck drivers never get an accident of their life. Also, the ticket system is quite weird and stupid at a certain point. For exemple, if you have a collision with another car because the other driver stopped in the middle of the highway after overtaking you and getting back on your lane, you are the one who reveive a 400 Euro ticket for hitting him. Basically, the game is good until you arrive at level 20 and people around you starts driving like headless chickens.

So basically, it's a good game. However, it is NOT a simulator. It is ONLY a good game which will give you many hours of fun.
  75. Oct 28, 2013
    Euro Truck Simulator is very relaxing, though frustrating and comical at the same time when you crash and get stuck on something. But the graphics are wonderful, and the rain feels very real. You have to play with a joystick or steering wheel. It's just not the same with the keyboard. Though the joystick is harder (in my opinion) it is much more real, and you get the feel that you are actually driving. Now, sometimes the AI decides to be stupid and crashes into you. OR if you crash for some other reason and you need room to back out, they decide to be a bunch of morons and drive up right next to you so you have no other choice but to plow over them, which I admit is very funny unless you get stuck. That is about my only issue with ET2, besides finding a few bugs here and there, which is not an issue because just about every game is going to have a few undiscovered bugs. Overall good game. Not amazing, but good. Expand
  76. Mar 6, 2013
    This game. I suddenly want to become a trucker. There is something so calming about this game that makes me keep coming back. In my first two days of this game, I achieved 14 hours in it. It is very silly that a truck game could be so good, but honestly? This game is addicting as HECK. I really do recommend it.
  77. Nov 6, 2012
    First of all this game is best in genre. I playing already plenty of hours and will continue. It has big potential to make big game but it need some work. Work with optimization, adding more countries and diversities, multiplayer and so on... My hope is also to get on steam.

But its really fun game. And i recommend to every people to try free demo from their page.
  78. Feb 1, 2013
    SCS delivered an amazing and very impressive simulator with Euro Truck Sim 2. The game is a charm to run from A to Z Graphics all on Ultra are very good, beautiful landscape from all over Europe, and the skill progression is simply perfect to go get all that you need to become a pro trucker! Now add some web based radio stations, or your own music via the game itself, and its a big plus, full customization of the trucks is also very impressive with working beacon lights, or alternative ones, horns and mirrors etc. Last but not least, is the ability given for you to have the possibility not only to drive for other companies, but also to buy your own garages, buy your own trucks, hire drivers, and start your own business!

To conclude, i the only reason why i didn't went for the big 10, and for a 9 instead, is the immersion factor. I would love to see a lot more different kind of weather regarding the system, just rain isn't enough, we need snow, gusts of winds, icy roads etc, and also more realism with the sound effects of certain upgradable horns, different upgradable motor sounds etc. And that is my only complain.
    But i'm sure SCS will work on it :)

All and all 9/10 for the best Truck driver game to date!!
  79. Feb 9, 2013
    This is my first trucking game I have purchased. I always knocked this types of games without having played them firsthand. So I decided to change that with EuroTruck Sim 2 which had been released on Steam through its Greenlight service. After playing around 9 hours of it so far, I can say I really enjoy it. There's just something to it which keeps bringing you back. I don't know if its just because its a new genre for me or what. But I like, a few MINOR things need sorting out but that's just me being VERY picky as the game is pretty much perfect. Bravo. Expand
  80. May 2, 2013
    I've never been a fan of driving games, namely because I use the keyboard and mouse and always felt you need a steering wheel to get the full control, so I was a little hesitant when I bought this, but the price was 50% so said what the heck. It's a pretty good game, fairly addictive though the steering wheel would still help a lot. The graphics are really nice, the mp3 player and internet radio is cool and hauling stuff around Europe is great. The only drawbacks are the game is quite limited to what you can and cannot do. Yes, you can own a garage and have people work for you, but it's essentially go from point A to point B. You can road hog, clip stop signs with your trailer and often times hit vehicles with no penalty, yet other times the cpu drivers are so bad, they plow right into you! That being said; I think the game is quite entertaining and I really hope this development team adds more content as it could be a great game with additions. On a side note and something that a few complained about being a lack of sounds, skins, etc. There are some fantastic mods out there that change the game completely if one would just do an internet search. Expand
  81. May 4, 2013
    Just relax, put your music and deliver the cargo. This game lets you feel like a real truck driver! Do your job through the streets of Europe, customize your truck and your business while you enjoy looking at the stunning, non-linear scenery of Euro Truck SImulator's big, big map with no loadings. For more longevity, this game is highly moddable too! Definetly one of those games when you are not in the mood for action and just want to relax and have fun at the same time instead. Expand
  82. Feb 10, 2013
    Definitivamente este juego puede definirse como uno de los caminos del futuro de esta industria. Un camino de declive, donde la importancia grafica es absoluta. Analizanco este juego es un arcade no un simulador. No tiene físicas ni tampoco IA con lo que en diversas ocasiones te comerás a un coche que se ha quedado parado en medio de la carretra ,justo en dirección contraria, o los adelantamientos bruscos sin previo aviso. No importa nada lo que pongas a cada camión ya que realmente no afectará en nada al mismo Apenas puedes realizar fucniones y no se penaliza de forma realista los accidentes ni los golpes. Cuenta con la licencia de tan sólo 3 marcas el resto no son originales por lo tanto no comprendo porque se dice que tiene licencias si es falso. No importa en absoluto la carga que lleves en el camión ya que al conducir siempre tendrá el mismo comportamiento. Gráficamente es muy bueno pero dejan que desear los países, que de ellos tan sólo tienen el nombre porque conducir en Polonia es igual que hacerlo en Italia o Francia, ya que lo escenarios son exactamente lo mismo un Copy/Paste. El sonido también es el mismo para todos los camiones y la conducción es puramente arcade. La duración es más que correcta ya que para lograr tener una buena flota deberás muchas horas para lograrlo. Otro punto interesante es el subir de nivel al obtener una determinada cantidad de experiencia al terminar cada misión o al recorrer una cantidad de distancia determinada. Si este juego se llamará de otra forma y lo anunciaran de forma diferente no estaría mal Pero es que esto no es un simulador ni tiene licencias ni es realista y esta cargado de bugs. Creo que tras jugar casi 100 horas me queda un agradable sensación, ya que a pesar de todos sus fallos( en en muchos casos no son fallos en sí el recuerdo que me queda de haber surcado miles de kilómetros de carretera es tan real que recomiendo este juego, a todo el que busque nuevas sensaciones. Expand
  83. Nov 7, 2012
    This one surprised me. I had been underwhelmed in the past with the 18 Wheels of Steel franchise, but the pull of trucking through Europe is what got me to take the plunge. The career mode as well as the ability to jam out to German tunes while hauling down the autobahn is just too much fun. The scenery and road design adds some realism, but not to the point of ultra annoyance. I look forward to further expansions. Also, the new US Based Truck sim needs to take a lesson from this game. Expand
  84. Nov 5, 2012
    The best truck game ever! Keep it one SCS... I wait to new expansions for the game... :) This have potential to grow up. Make it better and better to the truck fan comunity :)
  85. Jan 21, 2013
    I would have never guessed driving a truck can be an interesting game! This game exceeded my expectations ! I know nothing about trucks and I am not into them either, yet this game is amazing. The routes are perfect timewise meaning, they are just enough time to not get bored of of the game. It does get pretty difficult when it starts raining or when it is dark, which makes the game the more exciting! The idea of becoming and expert and getting experience points is a great feature. I have bought around 10 games in the past month, mostly throwing my money out, but this was the best deal for the monet. Expand
  86. Jan 24, 2013
    If you're looking for a simulator that is relaxing, aesthetically pleasing and in some cases, a challenge then Euro Truck Simulator 2 is definitely worth your time.

I am an avid gamer, I enjoy the likes of Battlefield 3 and I can still sit down with this game, flick a radio station on and deliver. There's something incredibly peaceful about playing ETS2, it doesn't leave you abandoned
    in the world wondering what to do next, it gives you a simple task and allows you to embrace your surroundings. When you tire of delivering goods, give it a while and you'll be back for more.

It's refreshing, stop blowing peoples heads off in whatever FPS you play.. Chill and drive.
  87. Apr 24, 2013
    Such a relaxing experience and a new standard for simulation games. Got it at a price of $20 on steam though a sale. Definitely worth buying at any price. 10/10
  88. Mar 12, 2013
    If you like to repeat things over and over this is a wonderful game: very nice graphic, good management component, almost no software bugs and continuous updates support. Oh, also don't forget free modding!
  89. Apr 6, 2013
    Compared to other simulators that have been released in the past, this one is pretty good. The sound is good, the graphics are nice (aside from the anti-aliasing), and the game-play is fun for the most part.

The main problem with this game is repetition. Obviously there's only so much you can do with a truck simulator, but there aren't any random events aside from weather changes that
    occur in-game. They should have added random accidents, road obstructions, route changes, and competition with other freight companies. I do enjoy the challenge of backing and docking the trailer when you reach your destination; doing so gives you plenty of extra experience and makes it somewhat challenging until you get the hang of it. Just remember your trailer will go right if you turn left and vice versa. And you need to know when to steer your wheels in order to get the trailer where you want it just like real life.

The scenery is nice but all the cities feel the same. They did pay attention to which side of the road people drive on in particular countries you enter which is nice.

The NPC AI is awful. Cars will stop for no reason and block the road for a while. There's an option to turn pedestrians off/on but you seldom see any walking around the cities.

Customizing the trucks can be fun but it's mainly cosmetic things. You can swap chassis, motors, transmissions, and wheels/tires but that's about it. You can, however, adjust the braking, throttle, and steering response, etc. in the game options which is nice.

If you enjoy trucking simulators then this game is definitely worth purchasing, but don't expect it to be something extremely great. I see it as a way to kill time while I'm relaxing at home.
  90. Jun 24, 2013
    Es que no hace falta ni que te gusten los camiones, es probar el juego y alucinar con las opciones. Con un mando mejora muchísimo la jugabilidad, y con volante ni te cuento. Puedo tirarme todo el día jugando y no aburrirme, es increíble. Recomiendo encarecidamente que lo probéis y juzguéis por vosotros mismos. Se le pueden poner pegas? claro, el antialias por defecto del juego no es una maravilla, hay detalles que pueden pulirse como los avatares de los camioneros, poner más peatones que hay muy pocos.. etc, pero son cosas que se ve que van arreglando en cada actualización, y el fin del juego es entretener y divertir (si puede sorprender) al usuario, y esto lo cumple perfectamente.

Sinceramente se merece un 10.
  91. Apr 18, 2013
    At first I bought this game just to try it out because a friend recommended it to me when I had nothing to do with my old PC racing wheel so I just hooked it up and started to play and I must say that this is one of the most chill games I've played. It just feels excellent to drive around with a truck in this game. It's really fun and has quite some good mods for maps, fixes and changes to stuff.

Totally buy this game.
  92. Jul 18, 2013
    suddenly
    Already during the development of the game, it was clear that this game will turn out revolutionary, but I could not imagine that the SCS Software will be able to release such a powerful game.
    Another first part of the graphics did not suffer, however, ETS2, compared to its predecessor, has a gorgeous graphics.
    Physics of the truck did not stay ignored, now they do not stop
    after 5 seconds after we lowered the gas, and continue to roll to a stop.
    However, the fly in the ointment in the ointment there. SCS is not tsali recycle system of fuel, and left the old, at which the fuel burns regardless of the engine speed, and regardless of the distance.

Summing up, I can tell you one thing: must have!
  93. Sep 19, 2014
    Decent game, but with some negative points.

Graphically, for a 2013 release game, it is unconvincing, even on "Ultra" settings. The environment is all low res textures, when the street curves the road surface markings are not a curve but a series of straight lines added on each other, power lines are even worse to look at... to make things short, the only thing you'll look at and not
    have to wonder if this game is from the mid 00s is environmental effects like lighting and rain, the sky, the trucks and the trailers. Especially painful is how badly traffic signs render - unless you stop to read them you'll have problems deciphering them until you are within 20m of them. Which gets especially frustrating since some speeding cameras are placed right on top of the signs, ticketing you if you are even 1kph above the limit.

What is pretty well done are the different signs and road markings in the different countries. They did not get all of them right, but the majority of them.

A big let-down for a driving sim is the driving. Apparently nobody in the entire studio has ever heard of centrifugal force. So you will find yourself cornering tight turns in the street with 70+ kph with your heavy truck and a trailer with 22 tons of oranges without having the slights problem - even if there are bumps in the road. Your truck (and every other vehicle on the road) has perfect grip, always.

While mentioning other vehicles.... be warned that a notable number of them is apparently stolen and driven by some poor suicidal maniac. At intersections they will completely ignore your right of way and jump out in front of you when you are 5m away. They might also crash into your side should they want to. Or crash into you from behind. The biggest madman I've seen so far decided to switch lanes ~50m in front of me, then when right between the two lanes hammer the brakes as hard as possible without there being any hindrance, instantly stopping the car (perhaps a tank in disguise? It had about the same stopping distance) while blocking two lanes and having me crash into the car - which got me fined for "causing an accident" and costing me thousands in repairs.
  94. Feb 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Thanks to the Volvo Trucks - The Epic Split feat. Van Damme I only buy and drive Volvo trucks in Euro Truck Simulator 2. Things I like about ETS 2 is a wide selection of trucks, rainy weather, no speed limit that you can change in options and the whole game itself. I also like the penalties about over-speeding, car crashes and red signal offenses.

The disadvantages, in my honest opinion, is medium graphics of the game that is inconsistent in nowadays. I'd like to see more AA options, more realistic world around a truck and better graphics optimization for PC. I must mention that the game is not optimized well, because I have a good rig, I have maximized all graphics settings but I have medium FPS, I can't tell accurately but sometimes it's annoying low.
  95. Jul 15, 2014
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a stellar, fantastic experience for anyone who is interested in operating semi trucks or just wants to feel what it is like to be a truck driver. It provides a massive game map centering around most of Northwestern Europe and gives you thousands of kilometers of road to drive on. It provides a realistic, fantastic truck driving experience as you try to carry your business to success. All in all, this game is a must buy! Expand
  96. Sep 4, 2014
    An absolute delight of a game that combines the best that business management games have to offer and fun, truck simulation missions. In a market full of simulations that fail to deliver (or even start up when you want to play them), Euro Truck Simulator 2 is at the head of the pack.

Fully customizable trucks, hundreds of constantly changing cargo missions from a handful of companies, a
    business that starts out from the very bottom (where you do not even own one truck) to becoming a near monopoly of trucking businesses in Europe, the ability to hire various drivers and assign them to trucks you've bought (as well as manage their training), dozens of cities and towns to discover...this game has it all. I would argue that one doesn't even have to be a huge trucking fan to have a lot of fun in this game. Despite being a car enthusiast my whole life, I wasn't overly into trucks before picking up this game, but Euro Truck Simulator 2 has a way of swaying you to its side.

This is one of the most relaxing games I've ever played in over twenty years, and anyone who loves driving should pick this up, as well as those of us who love managing companies full of employees all working under you to produce a profit. This game also has one of the most active and dedicated developers I've seen in a long while, who give out free DLC from time to time and are continually updating the game to provide players new areas and trucks.

Amazing game.
  97. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is just awesome. I can't other than decide to give it a 10, which it truly deserves. The game presentation is just perfect, and finally it has become more mainstream than it was.
    The flaws in the game suggests that the games note has to be 8 or lower, but given that the positive aspects are bigger, it has a well deserved 10.
  98. Nov 5, 2012
    I adore this game!!The graphics are fantastic ,trucks are more than fantastic and the scenery is gorgeous!!I think that SCS has done a great job and i am waiting for their next creation (maybe a euro truck simulator 3) !!
  99. Nov 5, 2012
    For a huge truck driving simulator fan this game is sensational, graphics are pretty and the scenery is awesome. The physics are very well implemented and the details are quite accurate making the game a pleasure to relax on. For the most pretentious one, there can be found a lot's of mod's on the internet and the upcoming patches are announced to be great improvements to the game based on the community requests, see more about on the SCS blog site.

I enjoy this game a lot. Pedal to the metal!
  100. Nov 5, 2012
    Really very very nice the game. The best of smilator games. Thank you scs software... I playing Euro Truck Smilator 2 all day.. I recommend this to anyone...

1. Aug 4, 2014
    The question isn’t “why would you play a game about that?” The question is “why wouldn’t you play a game about that?” If only those people on that bus knew what they were missing.
  2. Jun 10, 2013
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Feb 19, 2013
    If you love trucks Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a essential for your collection.