8.6

1. Jan 5, 2013
    Who would have ever thought that a Euro Truck Simulator would get a rating this high? This simulator is one of the most relaxing games ever, but can also be very intense when carrying fragile cargo. The scenery is beautiful. When it rains ingame, I get the same warm feeling inside as when it rains in real life. I give it a perfect score because I just can't find anything "wrong" with it.Who would have ever thought that a Euro Truck Simulator would get a rating this high? This simulator is one of the most relaxing games ever, but can also be very intense when carrying fragile cargo. The scenery is beautiful. When it rains ingame, I get the same warm feeling inside as when it rains in real life. I give it a perfect score because I just can't find anything "wrong" with it. Get this game. Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2012
    First time reviewer here. I never felt like writing one before; you either have something good to say or you simply ignore it. Well, this game is surprisingly good. I wish I had spent my money on it before instead of wasting 60 bucks on other over hyped games that fail to deliver. Anyway, I am not a huge truck simulator fan. In fact, this is the second simulator of its kind that I put myFirst time reviewer here. I never felt like writing one before; you either have something good to say or you simply ignore it. Well, this game is surprisingly good. I wish I had spent my money on it before instead of wasting 60 bucks on other over hyped games that fail to deliver. Anyway, I am not a huge truck simulator fan. In fact, this is the second simulator of its kind that I put my hands on, but it's also a business simulator of sorts, which is pretty cool, fulfilling and HARD to manage. As you slowly accomplish your own set goals, the game feels very rewarding. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous. You can see landmarks that distinguish every other city in Europe. There are LOTS of cities to go to, explore, get jobs, hire personnel, buy trucks and garages. I was shocked the first time I saw the pedestrians walking by. It all feels very alive and beautiful. The star of the game itself is the truck, or rather the plethora of trucks. You have very detailed and extremely customizable trucks to play with. Driving the truck is relatively simple and easy (I recommend a gamepad), and the real challenge comes from maneuvering the truck in tight spaces like real truckers do. It takes a lot of time and practice to get good at it.

I highly recommend this game.
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    At first I have to admit - I'm a huge trucking games fan. I played every one of them, all made by SCS software and also the Rig n Roll failgame. I waited for this game to come out, I was patient when they postponed the date of release. What can I say - this game is beautiful and made some of my dreams related to truck driving come true, but it lacks in main core of the game. The first andAt first I have to admit - I'm a huge trucking games fan. I played every one of them, all made by SCS software and also the Rig n Roll failgame. I waited for this game to come out, I was patient when they postponed the date of release. What can I say - this game is beautiful and made some of my dreams related to truck driving come true, but it lacks in main core of the game. The first and biggest flaw is lack of truck physics - trucks don't behave like a sports car and here they do. The springs are stiff as hell and it is really hard to fall out of the turn (the trailer doesn't "drag" You enough). There is absolutely no feeling of "bumps" - even Agrar Simulator 2012 has this so why SCS couldn't do it? Another huge problem is the map - Netherlands, Poland, Italy - YES, these countries are interesting and well made. But when You play the game You will find Yourself driving for endless hours through Germany which is the main core of the map. And here You find another fail - Germany roads are copy-paste from German Truck Simulator! Adding new graphics didn't help - these roads are so bad as they were in GTS so they are: 1. Unrealistic, 2. Boring, 3. Boring, 4. Unrealistic! The trailers - most of them copied from GTS, fail again. SCS needed over 2 years for this game - we could at least expect new, realistic models - but no. They're not here. Economy? This one doesn't exist. You can earn huge amount of money just driving - there are almost no costs, there are no oponnents, there is no real market and finally the payments You get are 5 times as big as in real world (at least You can mod that). No wonder why there was a payment nerf mod released 2 weeks after game release date. Finally - the biggest fail of all - lack of AI cars and lack of pedestrians (they are only in 3-4 cities but I can live with that). Endless hours of driving and You don't see any random accidents (SCS Promised that but it's not here), You don't see random roadworks (promised - not here, all I can see are the same roadworks everywhere). Finally there is almost no AI cars which could make a traffic jam and a trip harder. 3 lane German road to Berlin and You see 3 cars around. Seriously?!

The goods: 1. Truck modification options
    2. Nice graphics (although AA is terribly ugly and the MSAA filter SCS have used should land in a trash)
    3. Interesting sounds in part of trucks
    4. Nice countries (except Germany and Austria)
    5. Well made truck models 6. Lots of mods which make game better but not as good as it should be. Final grade - 6/10 for 2012 quite big budget for the simulator game. Comparing to products released before - 9/10. So let's say final decision is strong 7 - but a lot to fix. And finally the biggest fail of all - economy and lack of
  4. Nov 5, 2012
    The best truck game ever! Keep it one SCS... I wait to new expansions for the game... :) This have potential to grow up. Make it better and better to the truck fan comunity :)
  5. Jul 9, 2013
    Nice little game here. A bit quirky really, Ive always felt that playing this type of game and Rail simulators have been a bit "geeky" for want of a better term, but it is really quite enjoyable..lol. I thought i'd just try the demo and they give you enough of a demo to want more. There is something quite nice about trucking across Europe in your own rig listening to your favorite music atNice little game here. A bit quirky really, Ive always felt that playing this type of game and Rail simulators have been a bit "geeky" for want of a better term, but it is really quite enjoyable..lol. I thought i'd just try the demo and they give you enough of a demo to want more. There is something quite nice about trucking across Europe in your own rig listening to your favorite music at night.

There is obviously a business element to the game which works quite well,I felt the game could have had a bit more "action" on the road though. The Ai is a little dumb and on rails, I would have liked to have seen fire engines racing past or cops cars on a chase here and there or your brakes failing because you havn't taken the time to service your rig resulting in you becoming a runaway truck stuff like that. It can get a little mediocre.

But overall its a good little game, try the demo at least, you'll get a nice feel for the game and i bet most of you will want more.
  6. Nov 4, 2013
    Yeah, it's weird this gets such a high rating. The best way to describe this is "pleasingly dull", it's really relaxing just driving your truck from place to place and it appeals to the hoarder and upgrader in you to turn your business into an empire.
  7. Jul 13, 2013
    It actually has the feel of a truck almost.. Logitech DFGT wheel works fine in this game.. 150.00 usa new about 50-75.00 used on ebay usa..I assume equal value or less in uk.. Euro truck also allows you to combine controls.. I use my Saitek rudder pedals (saves room under desk with just one set for both sim types) as brake and gas while using the DFGT to drive.. stick shift works fine forIt actually has the feel of a truck almost.. Logitech DFGT wheel works fine in this game.. 150.00 usa new about 50-75.00 used on ebay usa..I assume equal value or less in uk.. Euro truck also allows you to combine controls.. I use my Saitek rudder pedals (saves room under desk with just one set for both sim types) as brake and gas while using the DFGT to drive.. stick shift works fine for forward reverse and no clutch really needed as the trans is synced as in real life.. Truck drivers use a clutch rarely while shifting thru the gears.. mainly at lights and to go into reverse.. oh and TrackIR is something else to look into.. works fine here as well..the game is also very moddable.. The onscreen navigator/GPS will have you owning the roads in no time.

The graphics pull you into this one.. it looks very nice. I drove a lot of USA Volvo trucks in my day and the interior although different than USA im sure..does have that layout and feel.. the mirror system works great as does the synced transmissions.. I found myself down shifting and using the mirrors like real life within minutes..backing to hook and unhook with total mirror control.. was very close to the real deal.. trust me.. I know..

Besides the work for hire mode, you can also start your own company while hiring other drivers to work for you. Although there is much variety and views… at some point the countryside may seem like the same old thing after a bit.. but to tell the truth.. once you hook and get down the road.. they all look like the same old thing more times than not… so acceptable for this type sim, if not demanded…Time is not Real life timed and again trust me.. you will appreciate that. There is a fatigue and miles capable of driving per your experience level. This is a very good thing.. a log book would be another nice feature.. maybe I missed it.. but by law is required at least on this side of the pond. Which keeps up with hours driven and locations. You can legally drive for only so long.. and sleep is another law. Don’t complain about the AI traffic jams because again.. traffic happens.. and more times than not. it’s pretty close to life… and much better than I would have ever expected.. the rain on the windshields works great as does night driving..

They have a nice Music system allowing for your personal mp3′s etc set into a folder for game play along with “steaming” internet music. Although I would like to see a CB simulator added along with maybe a LTL delivery system put into play as well as multiplayer added just for road fun..

Additional thoughts would be to add some deer and animal jump outs across the roads.. and tire recaps on roads (alligators) as it happens and some of the more accidental problems of road drivers.. A walk around at rest areas so the driver can inspect his unit and kick the tires.. also happens.. on a two hour schedule if you’re a smart driver.. for what you get… its very well done and worth the buy in..[GS] 8/10
  8. Jun 2, 2013
    This is without a single doubt the best truck simulator you can get, after playing all the previous sims I can only say this is The Truck Sim at the moment. The Environment is gorgious, the trucks look really great and drive pretty realistic too (especially with a decent steering wheel). Besides that there are plenty possibilities to mod the map, trucks, interiors and trailers. And not toThis is without a single doubt the best truck simulator you can get, after playing all the previous sims I can only say this is The Truck Sim at the moment. The Environment is gorgious, the trucks look really great and drive pretty realistic too (especially with a decent steering wheel). Besides that there are plenty possibilities to mod the map, trucks, interiors and trailers. And not to mention the many radio stations you can listen to, or even add your own radio stations to it. Greetings from the son of a truck driver. Expand
  9. Mar 16, 2013
    I don't get the wooo with this game. Yes, the business system is cool, it has the real truck brands, and the trucks are very customizable... But ohter than that, it's just driving. Not high speed driving, no, just regular driving like the same I do every day for an hour.

The graphics are meh, and the diversity of maps seems lacking. The second "mission" I took had the same map as the first one for several minutes. And they were supposed to happen in different countries.

I guess it may be nice for people working on an office who find driving relaxing, but this game isn't for me.
  10. Mar 4, 2013
    I signed up just so I could write a review for this game. I was one of those people that made fun of this game when I first heard about it, but after seeing a trailer I immediately downloaded the demo, was hooked, played until the demo ran out, then purchased the game on steam. There is something addictive and staisfying about hauling a load of cargo from point a A to B succefully. TheI signed up just so I could write a review for this game. I was one of those people that made fun of this game when I first heard about it, but after seeing a trailer I immediately downloaded the demo, was hooked, played until the demo ran out, then purchased the game on steam. There is something addictive and staisfying about hauling a load of cargo from point a A to B succefully. The attention to detail and love for trucks SCS has put into this game shows, and even though it's not the most exciting subject matter, it's worth playing simply to appreciate the qaulity of what's been created. This game is what all simulators should aspire to be like. Expand
  11. Mar 26, 2013
    I have no idea why this is doing so well, It is exactally what It delivers, a boring trucking experience of driving from point A to point B on roads and highways... After a couple hours I got bored and uninstalled; that said, it was a great time killer and the engine works well. For something so mundane its very impressive that it was polished so well. I can see how it can be a greatI have no idea why this is doing so well, It is exactally what It delivers, a boring trucking experience of driving from point A to point B on roads and highways... After a couple hours I got bored and uninstalled; that said, it was a great time killer and the engine works well. For something so mundane its very impressive that it was polished so well. I can see how it can be a great training tool... but as entertainment.....??? I am afraid I just do not get it. Expand
  12. Dec 1, 2013
    I bought this game during a steam sale because I needed something relaxing. I'm no truck driver (outside of maybe driving a de-ice truck), and I have never been to Europe before, but I must say, this game really impressed me to the point where I feel like I'm really there and driving a real truck. I am positively impressed.
  13. Mar 28, 2013
    This game is a good fun distraction. I know a lot of people think it's silly and all you have to do is deliver supplies with a truck but that's what the game is about. If you don't want to drive a truck don't buy it. It's a game that delivers exactly what it says. Sure it'd be nice if there were visual damage and the customization is mostly cosmetic but in it's core it's still a fun gameThis game is a good fun distraction. I know a lot of people think it's silly and all you have to do is deliver supplies with a truck but that's what the game is about. If you don't want to drive a truck don't buy it. It's a game that delivers exactly what it says. Sure it'd be nice if there were visual damage and the customization is mostly cosmetic but in it's core it's still a fun game that is very relaxing to play. Expand
  14. Mar 6, 2013
    This game. I suddenly want to become a trucker. There is something so calming about this game that makes me keep coming back. In my first two days of this game, I achieved 14 hours in it. It is very silly that a truck game could be so good, but honestly? This game is addicting as HECK. I really do recommend it.
  15. Feb 20, 2013
    To be honest, I don't much care for simulators. Or trucks. Or even Europe for that matter! But something about this game has tickled my fancy. I can't quite put my finger on it but it has an irresistible pull that keeps me coming back for more. Is it the best game I've ever played? No. But it is a very well put together truck simulator that deserves your attention. Give the demo a try atTo be honest, I don't much care for simulators. Or trucks. Or even Europe for that matter! But something about this game has tickled my fancy. I can't quite put my finger on it but it has an irresistible pull that keeps me coming back for more. Is it the best game I've ever played? No. But it is a very well put together truck simulator that deserves your attention. Give the demo a try at the very least! Expand
  16. Mar 12, 2013
    If you like to repeat things over and over this is a wonderful game: very nice graphic, good management component, almost no software bugs and continuous updates support. Oh, also don't forget free modding!
  17. Mar 19, 2013
    Strangely enough, this game has already proven to be a better simulator than simcity 2013. I don't know what it is about it but it is really fun! I'm pretty sure I'll get bored of it by next week but it really is a very in depth game. 9/10
  18. Mar 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is such a fun game for the simulation lovers,driving around Europe with low fuel,or crashing with cars,or even using the awesome future of putting songs on the radio!
    this game is a great remake of the first one,just with better graphics,detail,and trucks of curse!
    drive around in london or hurry to amsterdam,in this game you can go every where!
    a great game!
  19. Apr 2, 2013
    I'd like to see every driver on earth play ETS2 for at least 10 hours. Then they might realise why truckers want to break their head when they cut them off at roundabouts or leave them with no room to stop.

Nutcase driving delinquents could do with a few hours hauling 18 tonnes of diesel between cities to see what it feels like to have cars passing them dangerously close or even dealing with the idiots trying to kill them!

Perhaps traffic management and road designers should do a minimum of 50 hours "community service" on ETS2 to learn that 30 foot trailers do not go well around 90 degree corners covered in guard rails and street lights.

It took 585 hours to decide that ETS2 only falls short in the commerce and driver management department the rest is pure eye candy and amazingly addictive gameplay.

There are indeed some AI issues, occasional GFX stutters and a lack of depth in the commerce and truck and driver management but as a driving simulator it rates an easy 10. I understand that the talented but small team at SCS are working on the management aspect and tweaking the AI. If they can pull that off, it's a game with a lifespan of many, many months possibly years.

If you simply want to smash stuff and look at pieces of trucks and cars or even blood flowing across the road, this is not for you.

Straightforward, easy to learn but no two trips will ever the same. SCS is on a long term winner if they get that management longevity and perhaps just perhaps, even MP or at the very least co-op
  20. Jun 24, 2013
    Es que no hace falta ni que te gusten los camiones, es probar el juego y alucinar con las opciones. Con un mando mejora muchísimo la jugabilidad, y con volante ni te cuento.

Puedo tirarme todo el día jugando y no aburrirme, es increíble. Recomiendo encarecidamente que lo probéis y juzguéis por vosotros mismos. Se le pueden poner pegas? claro, el antialias por defecto del juego no

Puedo tirarme todo el día jugando y no aburrirme, es increíble.

Recomiendo encarecidamente que lo probéis y juzguéis por vosotros mismos.

Se le pueden poner pegas? claro, el antialias por defecto del juego no es una maravilla, hay detalles que pueden pulirse como los avatares de los camioneros, poner más peatones que hay muy pocos.. etc, pero son cosas que se ve que van arreglando en cada actualización, y el fin del juego es entretener y divertir (si puede sorprender) al usuario, y esto lo cumple perfectamente.

Sinceramente se merece un 10.
  21. Apr 12, 2013
    This game is really fun! I would have never thought I would be playing a truck sim, rather then a FPS. But this game sucks you in. I wish you leveled up slower, and a few more options for trucks and accessories but this game is a solid 9/10 add some mods to make things more realestic and it's a 10/10
  22. Apr 18, 2013
    At first I bought this game just to try it out because a friend recommended it to me when I had nothing to do with my old PC racing wheel so I just hooked it up and started to play and I must say that this is one of the most chill games I've played. It just feels excellent to drive around with a truck in this game. It's really fun and has quite some good mods for maps, fixes and changes toAt first I bought this game just to try it out because a friend recommended it to me when I had nothing to do with my old PC racing wheel so I just hooked it up and started to play and I must say that this is one of the most chill games I've played. It just feels excellent to drive around with a truck in this game. It's really fun and has quite some good mods for maps, fixes and changes to stuff.

Totally buy this game.
  23. Jul 18, 2013
    Has more graphics than simulation. The game-play is very repetitive another downside is the lack of customization for your truck. Game is ok, but the simulation is very poor
  24. Oct 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've been following the evolution of SCS Software's trucking games and I must say the guys are not joking. I remember the plain and edgy games from the past their new baby is everything but that. Expand
  25. Jun 2, 2013
    Excellent driving simulator. Yes, it is about trucks, but i believe it sets a standard for future "driving games" (not to be confused with racing simulators).
    Proper force feedback wheel support, a good dose of realism, a massive explorable map with beautiful landscapes, high detail vehicle models with equally impressive interiors, EPIC engine/turbo sounds that make you feel you're driving a real truck, attention to detail from the developers, etc. All that in ONE game. Another popular driving game, Test Drive Unlimited lacked in many aspects compared to ETS2 and it probably had a 10 times bigger budget, so i consider this to be a high quality piece of software, not your average Simulator 20xx".
    I give it a 9/10 because unfortunately there is no multiplayer mode (that would've been so epic).
  26. Oct 17, 2013
    What can I say? This game is great (ok, I can say something).

The Good: It is not just a driving simulator, it is also a business simulator, a resource manager, and a game of exploration. For those reviewers who mention a lack of views from inside the cab, look into buying a TrackIR, building a Freetrack system or installing FaceTrackNoIR (free) for headtracking. Head tracking is
    What can I say? This game is great (ok, I can say something).

The Good:

For those reviewers who mention a lack of views from inside the cab, look into buying a TrackIR, building a Freetrack system or installing FaceTrackNoIR (free) for headtracking. Head tracking is fully supported by ETS2. It allows you to look around the cab just as if you were sitting there.

Others have commented that the trailers have no weight.....try stopping a 45 ton load when that blankety blank blank AI pulls out in front of you. Pull that trailer up a steep grade and then say the trailer has no weight. True, with a huge 750HP 3200KW motor it is easier to do so but with a stock 360 HP? I have found myself looking for alternate routes because the load is too heavy for the grade that I am attempting to pull them up, or I go up in 1st gear. Heavy loads means using the entire range of gears, not starting out in 4th gear or 5th gear like I would running bobtail (no trailer).

The Bad:

I do have to agree that there seems to be no reason to upgrade your chassis from a 2-4 to anything else as you can indeed pull any load with the 2-4. I would like to see that changed in future patches.
  27. Nov 29, 2014
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is one of the most enjoyable sims I have ever played with a superb balance of fun and realism combined with a well-deigned career mode. The game isn't complicated in the slightest which enables you to pick up and play straight away without worrying about minor attention to detail that in other simulators you may have to adhere to. This game provides a realisticEuro Truck Simulator 2 is one of the most enjoyable sims I have ever played with a superb balance of fun and realism combined with a well-deigned career mode. The game isn't complicated in the slightest which enables you to pick up and play straight away without worrying about minor attention to detail that in other simulators you may have to adhere to. This game provides a realistic experience but retains the fun which is a major factor for its success.

The presentation is simple but slick with a well organised menu and beauitiful visuals. The trucks look fantastic as do the other vehicles and weather effects. The world map covers Great Britain and a large part of Europe on a watered-down scale which is a truly excellent accomplishment considering how big this game is regardless of being scaled down. You can go from Edinburgh to Warsaw in under an hour but this helps keep the gamer interested and allows you to complete several jobs in a single session.

The career mode sees you starting off a truck business from scratch where you are presented with a rundown shack as a base. You need to raise money to buy your own truck to further your bank balance or you can just grab a loan to kickstart your venture off with that extra bit of captial. You can improve your base, customise and improve your truck, buy new vehicles from numerous real-life manufacturers and hire staff to enhance your growing company. You can rank XP to unlock extra items from new engines to even extra mirrors and minor truck accessories. You also have a skill tree to unlock more lucrative jobs and longer distance trips.

The driving side is absolutely fantastic from manual to auto controls, filling up petrol, taking a rest, speeding fines and crashes. Everything is there that you'd expect. You can even be penalised for a late delivery. All these factors add to the challenge and ensures that you don't take crafty shortcuts in trying to complete your job. The sleeping and fuelling element also adds some tactical spice to the game so you have to plan some jouneys beforehand else you may have an accident or breakdown which can lead to penalties such as fines or unnecessary expenditure.

Overall this game is a perfectly balanced sim that isn't overly serious but is executed superbly so it appeals to all gamers who enjoy driving experiences. The excellent presentation and learning curve makes this instantly playable with a well-designed career mode and brilliant driving physics. Definitely the best simlator out there and highly recommended.
  28. Oct 27, 2013
    This is one of the greatest games available for the PC!!!!
    This is one of the greatest games available for the PC!!!!
    It puts you in the driving seat of various trucks and with the extra downloadable content from steam all for under a tenner makes it one of this years steals. The extra content is called "Going East" and it adds new places on the map as well as other things. Also, you can add mods that have been created by other users to add that extra spice to what is a beautiful game. You can play music from your own mp3s to the inbuilt Internet radio stations from around Europe.
    If they is only one game you buy this year on the PC....make it this one....you won't be disappointed!!!!
  29. Dec 1, 2013
    A game that managed to be fun and relaxing at the same time. This is for those who like to drive, simply drive. The truck thing is just a theme to carry a pleasant real-life driving simulation inside. I dare anyone with a bitter approach on this concept to try it and leave it without a smile. Beautiful graphics, smart AI, and of course a very down-to-earth truck simulation. A salty priceA game that managed to be fun and relaxing at the same time. This is for those who like to drive, simply drive. The truck thing is just a theme to carry a pleasant real-life driving simulation inside. I dare anyone with a bitter approach on this concept to try it and leave it without a smile. Beautiful graphics, smart AI, and of course a very down-to-earth truck simulation. A salty price indeed, but nothing that a Steam Holiday Sale won't fix. Expand
  30. Mar 12, 2014
    Euro Truck simulator was a good game, a bit better than the first in the truck simulator series. Of course, this has been more polished, but not as I expected. It was improved with more actions, but you can't play so much, as it becomes boring, earning money and driving against some streets that has the same appearance. Also, the graphics are not impressive. Therefore, 8

1. Aug 4, 2014
    The question isn’t “why would you play a game about that?” The question is “why wouldn’t you play a game about that?” If only those people on that bus knew what they were missing.
  2. Jun 10, 2013
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Feb 19, 2013
    If you love trucks Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a essential for your collection.