8.6

1. Jan 5, 2013
    Who would have ever thought that a Euro Truck Simulator would get a rating this high? This simulator is one of the most relaxing games ever, but can also be very intense when carrying fragile cargo. The scenery is beautiful. When it rains ingame, I get the same warm feeling inside as when it rains in real life. I give it a perfect score because I just can't find anything "wrong" with it. Get this game. Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2012
    First time reviewer here. I never felt like writing one before; you either have something good to say or you simply ignore it. Well, this game is surprisingly good. I wish I had spent my money on it before instead of wasting 60 bucks on other over hyped games that fail to deliver. Anyway, I am not a huge truck simulator fan. In fact, this is the second simulator of its kind that I put my hands on, but it's also a business simulator of sorts, which is pretty cool, fulfilling and HARD to manage. As you slowly accomplish your own set goals, the game feels very rewarding. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous. You can see landmarks that distinguish every other city in Europe. There are LOTS of cities to go to, explore, get jobs, hire personnel, buy trucks and garages. I was shocked the first time I saw the pedestrians walking by. It all feels very alive and beautiful. The star of the game itself is the truck, or rather the plethora of trucks. You have very detailed and extremely customizable trucks to play with. Driving the truck is relatively simple and easy (I recommend a gamepad), and the real challenge comes from maneuvering the truck in tight spaces like real truckers do. It takes a lot of time and practice to get good at it.

I highly recommend this game.
  3. Nov 5, 2012
    At first I have to admit - I'm a huge trucking games fan. I played every one of them, all made by SCS software and also the Rig n Roll failgame. I waited for this game to come out, I was patient when they postponed the date of release. What can I say - this game is beautiful and made some of my dreams related to truck driving come true, but it lacks in main core of the game. The first and biggest flaw is lack of truck physics - trucks don't behave like a sports car and here they do. The springs are stiff as hell and it is really hard to fall out of the turn (the trailer doesn't "drag" You enough). There is absolutely no feeling of "bumps" - even Agrar Simulator 2012 has this so why SCS couldn't do it? Another huge problem is the map - Netherlands, Poland, Italy - YES, these countries are interesting and well made. But when You play the game You will find Yourself driving for endless hours through Germany which is the main core of the map. And here You find another fail - Germany roads are copy-paste from German Truck Simulator! Adding new graphics didn't help - these roads are so bad as they were in GTS so they are: 1. Unrealistic, 2. Boring, 3. Boring, 4. Unrealistic! The trailers - most of them copied from GTS, fail again. SCS needed over 2 years for this game - we could at least expect new, realistic models - but no. They're not here. Economy? This one doesn't exist. You can earn huge amount of money just driving - there are almost no costs, there are no oponnents, there is no real market and finally the payments You get are 5 times as big as in real world (at least You can mod that). No wonder why there was a payment nerf mod released 2 weeks after game release date. Finally - the biggest fail of all - lack of AI cars and lack of pedestrians (they are only in 3-4 cities but I can live with that). Endless hours of driving and You don't see any random accidents (SCS Promised that but it's not here), You don't see random roadworks (promised - not here, all I can see are the same roadworks everywhere). Finally there is almost no AI cars which could make a traffic jam and a trip harder. 3 lane German road to Berlin and You see 3 cars around. Seriously?!

The goods: 1. Truck modification options
    2. Nice graphics (although AA is terribly ugly and the MSAA filter SCS have used should land in a trash)
    3. Interesting sounds in part of trucks
    4. Nice countries (except Germany and Austria)
    5. Well made truck models 6. Lots of mods which make game better but not as good as it should be. Final grade - 6/10 for 2012 quite big budget for the simulator game. Comparing to products released before - 9/10. So let's say final decision is strong 7 - but a lot to fix. And finally the biggest fail of all - economy and lack of
  4. Nov 5, 2012
    The best truck game ever! Keep it one SCS... I wait to new expansions for the game... :) This have potential to grow up. Make it better and better to the truck fan comunity :)
  5. Dec 3, 2012
    Euro Truck Simulator 2, Simulator... Simulator? Don't be fooled by the name, this game has nothing that remember a simulator. You drive formula trucks with loads of empty box in your back, all trucks have basically the same engine sounds AND all the engines have the same sound. The customization is only aesthetic, you don't need the big cab to get the big engine, 6x2 and 6x4 axles configuration have no advantage over the 4x2 configuration because you can load ANY cargo with any number of axles and any engine for the simple reason that the cargoes have no weight. The night lights are pathetic, you cant see the flares of the cars above 30 meters of you. No damage indication, you can ham a hundred cars and your truck paint wont show any signal of scratch or dirt. The AI is horrible, dumb and stupid and all the 3D models and textures are ugly, but the game runs lick a brick with stuttering and micro freezes in a rig that manages Crysis 2 and Anno 2070 in his "Ultra" settings. Expand
  6. Nov 5, 2012
    Really very very nice the game. The best of smilator games. Thank you scs software... I playing Euro Truck Smilator 2 all day.. I recommend this to anyone...
  7. Nov 6, 2012
    This game is just awesome. I can't other than decide to give it a 10, which it truly deserves. The game presentation is just perfect, and finally it has become more mainstream than it was.
    The flaws in the game suggests that the games note has to be 8 or lower, but given that the positive aspects are bigger, it has a well deserved 10.
  8. Sep 30, 2013
    A simulator with some potential. A trucking simulator could be an important application for the PC, but two flaws stand in its way of achieving any form of usability.
    The first critical flaw is simulated head-turning. When navigating actual traffic you need to look around. ETS2 does not have a working solution for doing this, instead offering the possibility to slowly and inaccurately
    turn your pow around. As a result you won't be able to achieve proper speed of decision-making.
    The second flaw is the "realistic" turning wheel, which does not translate well into PC-controllers. This makes controlling the truck actually quite a bit harder than in real life.
  9. Mar 9, 2013
    A lot more effort should have gone into this game. Less focus on size and more focus on quality will have made this far more enjoyable, that said this game is clearly aimed at a very particular group of gamers.
  10. Nov 5, 2012
    I adore this game!!The graphics are fantastic ,trucks are more than fantastic and the scenery is gorgeous!!I think that SCS has done a great job and i am waiting for their next creation (maybe a euro truck simulator 3) !!
  11. Mar 9, 2013
    I feel like a truck driver! and it gets better knowing that the game has built-in internet radio. I was cruising outside Paris one day and tuned into a station in England when the DJ started talking about how his program had become a hit among the Euro truck sim players and it made me laugh. The game handles well and the steering wheel calibration was very nice (the game already had my old wheel set up for me) even if you don't have the latest logitech wheel. Only downside would be that as an American, who is used to the stone-age measuring systems that we use, getting used to speed limits, distances, and traffic signs take a few minutes but are easy none the less. Expand
  12. Nov 6, 2012
    I've been following the evolution of SCS Software's trucking games and I must say the guys are not joking. I remember the plain and edgy games from the past ... their new baby is everything but that. Of course there is plenty room for development but with limited resources, it's just huge what they accomplished. Remember, it's not Ubisoft, Sony, Capcom, etc. They're just making something that a lot of us need, and they are making it good.
    I was waiting for its release for a long long time, and I'm glad it's finally here. Also I appreciate that it's in constant development. The ability to customize the trucks is an enormous plus in the game, also the live streaming via the radio.
    Some say, that it's a boring game. I tend to disagree. I was expecting to drive long roads, among cars that drive by you. It's not a race game, it's not a derby game it's a truck simulator, and you receive just what you are promised, a truck driving simulator with huge potentials. Be loyal to the game and be patient. This game is on the road of becoming BIG, hopefully with a lot more publicity!
  13. Feb 10, 2013
    Definitivamente este juego puede definirse como uno de los caminos del futuro de esta industria. Un camino de declive, donde la importancia grafica es absoluta. Analizanco este juego es un arcade no un simulador. No tiene físicas ni tampoco IA con lo que en diversas ocasiones te comerás a un coche que se ha quedado parado en medio de la carretra ,justo en dirección contraria, o los adelantamientos bruscos sin previo aviso. No importa nada lo que pongas a cada camión ya que realmente no afectará en nada al mismo Apenas puedes realizar fucniones y no se penaliza de forma realista los accidentes ni los golpes. Cuenta con la licencia de tan sólo 3 marcas el resto no son originales por lo tanto no comprendo porque se dice que tiene licencias si es falso. No importa en absoluto la carga que lleves en el camión ya que al conducir siempre tendrá el mismo comportamiento. Gráficamente es muy bueno pero dejan que desear los países, que de ellos tan sólo tienen el nombre porque conducir en Polonia es igual que hacerlo en Italia o Francia, ya que lo escenarios son exactamente lo mismo un Copy/Paste. El sonido también es el mismo para todos los camiones y la conducción es puramente arcade. La duración es más que correcta ya que para lograr tener una buena flota deberás muchas horas para lograrlo. Otro punto interesante es el subir de nivel al obtener una determinada cantidad de experiencia al terminar cada misión o al recorrer una cantidad de distancia determinada. Si este juego se llamará de otra forma y lo anunciaran de forma diferente no estaría mal Pero es que esto no es un simulador ni tiene licencias ni es realista y esta cargado de bugs. Creo que tras jugar casi 100 horas me queda un agradable sensación, ya que a pesar de todos sus fallos( en en muchos casos no son fallos en sí el recuerdo que me queda de haber surcado miles de kilómetros de carretera es tan real que recomiendo este juego, a todo el que busque nuevas sensaciones. Expand
  14. Nov 5, 2012
    Never played a truck sim before and thought this might be a good one to start with - had heard a few people praising it on a forum and decided to buy the game on Origin. Found the driving to be enjoyable and although it isn't the most realistic in terms of physics and handling it is pretty decent, one thing that does stand out however is the fact that in this game you have to drive rather than race - obeying road traffic rules, signalling, etc, which makes for a pleasant change of pace. The sim side of the game also turned out to be more detailed than expected and I am having fun running my own truck business with 2 other drivers working for me. The graphics are good and the sound is adequate - my only gripe is that inside the cab there isn't much engine noise to hear, maybe SCS could add an option to roll the window down or I have missed it somewhere? Overall I am enjoying this game a lot and cant wait to see what new features are in the games future and where the series goes next. Expand
  15. Nov 11, 2012
    Es actualmente el mejor juego y simulador de camiones que existe en el mercado, destacando sobre todo en calidad gráfica y detalles relacionados con el diseño. Una amplia gama de marcas de camiones con licencia, una extensa posibilidad de modificar el aspecto de tu camión como el de los camiones de tu empresa. Traducido a la mayor parte de idiomas, con soporte para volante y multi-pantallas y cabe destacar la amplia posibilidad de integrar mods. Expand
  16. Jan 6, 2013
    A solid 7. Imagine listening to your favorite music while driving big rigs across thousands of kilometers of western and central Europe, all the while managing your own trucking network of more than one hundred other drivers! All of which is possible in Euro Truck Simulator 2 by SCS Software. This simulator starts you off as what I guess would be called a "driver for hire". You own the clothes on your back and a passport willing to drive quick hauls for anyone that would have you. You drive more routes to gain cash and experience.

The cash can be saved for your first truck, truck upgrades, and later used to upgrade your garage to house more trucks and employees. There are several truck manufacturers offering one truck model each, but with deep customization options. There is very little different between the performance of these trucks, however, there are multiple mods that address this issue.

Experience is your basic leveling system, at certain thresholds you "level up" and can put that one experience point into several different areas of expertise. For instance, you can specialize in long hauling covering massive distances, fragile cargo, high value cargo, or get certified to transport dangerous materials.

Driving the trucks can be a chore without a game pad or steering wheel. But when everything is clicking, who knew that driving steadily across varied landscapes could be so much fun. It's not a game that will keep you at the edge of your seat, rather, you'll be relaxed taking in the scenes and slowly but surely building a very profitable trucking business.

Very happy to have picked up this game, although the full retail price feels steep. I'd recommend shopping for a deal for this title to get the most bang for the buck. All in all, you can feel good about getting 30 hours of gameplay from this title.
  17. Jan 10, 2013
    At first I was not satisfied with the nipple twistage this game has provided me. Then I connected my logitech steering wheel my grandpa bought me in 2003 (it was never used) , the satisfaction of my nipples increased exponentionaly. It seemed like a normal game, nothing special just like when they were using a quake engine (there were a lot of mediocre games for that engine back in the day in my honest opinion). Expand
  18. Jan 16, 2013
    At first glance, a truck simulator game would be but boring. SCS managed to make a very pleasant entry to the genre, adding compelling RPG and management sim features to keep the replayability up and the best soundtrack there is: the internet.
    An incredibly relaxing game, and one I must recommend.
  19. Feb 5, 2013
    Best truck game on the market at this current moment in time. Has some of the best graphics UI I've seen in a simulator and most of all one of the most enjoyable and relaxing games I've played for a long while
  20. Jul 9, 2013
    Nice little game here. A bit quirky really, Ive always felt that playing this type of game and Rail simulators have been a bit "geeky" for want of a better term, but it is really quite enjoyable..lol. I thought i'd just try the demo and they give you enough of a demo to want more. There is something quite nice about trucking across Europe in your own rig listening to your favorite music at night.

There is obviously a business element to the game which works quite well,I felt the game could have had a bit more "action" on the road though. The Ai is a little dumb and on rails, I would have liked to have seen fire engines racing past or cops cars on a chase here and there or your brakes failing because you havn't taken the time to service your rig resulting in you becoming a runaway truck stuff like that. It can get a little mediocre.

But overall its a good little game, try the demo at least, you'll get a nice feel for the game and i bet most of you will want more.
  21. Jan 17, 2013
    Improves on every aspect of ETS1. I don't normally play simulators, but I just love playing this one. Good sound, VERY nice graphics for a simulator, and much larger gameplay than the previous one.
  22. Nov 4, 2013
    Yeah, it's weird this gets such a high rating. The best way to describe this is "pleasingly dull", it's really relaxing just driving your truck from place to place and it appeals to the hoarder and upgrader in you to turn your business into an empire.
  23. Jul 13, 2013
    It actually has the feel of a truck almost.. Logitech DFGT wheel works fine in this game.. 150.00 usa new about 50-75.00 used on ebay usa..I assume equal value or less in uk.. Euro truck also allows you to combine controls.. I use my Saitek rudder pedals (saves room under desk with just one set for both sim types) as brake and gas while using the DFGT to drive.. stick shift works fine for forward reverse and no clutch really needed as the trans is synced as in real life.. Truck drivers use a clutch rarely while shifting thru the gears.. mainly at lights and to go into reverse.. oh and TrackIR is something else to look into.. works fine here as well..the game is also very moddable.. The onscreen navigator/GPS will have you owning the roads in no time.

The graphics pull you into this one.. it looks very nice. I drove a lot of USA Volvo trucks in my day and the interior although different than USA im sure..does have that layout and feel.. the mirror system works great as does the synced transmissions.. I found myself down shifting and using the mirrors like real life within minutes..backing to hook and unhook with total mirror control.. was very close to the real deal.. trust me.. I know..

Besides the work for hire mode, you can also start your own company while hiring other drivers to work for you. Although there is much variety and views… at some point the countryside may seem like the same old thing after a bit.. but to tell the truth.. once you hook and get down the road.. they all look like the same old thing more times than not… so acceptable for this type sim, if not demanded…Time is not Real life timed and again trust me.. you will appreciate that. There is a fatigue and miles capable of driving per your experience level. This is a very good thing.. a log book would be another nice feature.. maybe I missed it.. but by law is required at least on this side of the pond. Which keeps up with hours driven and locations. You can legally drive for only so long.. and sleep is another law. Don’t complain about the AI traffic jams because again.. traffic happens.. and more times than not. it’s pretty close to life… and much better than I would have ever expected.. the rain on the windshields works great as does night driving..

They have a nice Music system allowing for your personal mp3′s etc set into a folder for game play along with “steaming” internet music. Although I would like to see a CB simulator added along with maybe a LTL delivery system put into play as well as multiplayer added just for road fun..

Additional thoughts would be to add some deer and animal jump outs across the roads.. and tire recaps on roads (alligators) as it happens and some of the more accidental problems of road drivers.. A walk around at rest areas so the driver can inspect his unit and kick the tires.. also happens.. on a two hour schedule if you’re a smart driver.. for what you get… its very well done and worth the buy in..[GS] 8/10
  24. Nov 7, 2012
    This one surprised me. I had been underwhelmed in the past with the 18 Wheels of Steel franchise, but the pull of trucking through Europe is what got me to take the plunge. The career mode as well as the ability to jam out to German tunes while hauling down the autobahn is just too much fun. The scenery and road design adds some realism, but not to the point of ultra annoyance. I look forward to further expansions. Also, the new US Based Truck sim needs to take a lesson from this game. Expand
  25. Nov 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First of all I'm not a Truck Simmer. Though I had tried ETS1 back when it originally came out it didn't grip me or work well with my Logitech DFP wheel. I'm more of a fast paced Motorsports Sim driver racing Sims like GTR2 and rFactor etc!! When I saw the guys at SCS were making a 2nd ETS title I watched with interest and planned to give it a go and see if they had improved on the original games failings. In real life I have experience in Driving Trucks (Not 40 tonne artics though) and I love working behind a wheel, so part of me couldn't resist downloading ETS2 on the day of release. Now the only day I haven't sat down at my computer for at least 2 hours to play ETS2 since that moment was my Sons Birthday (trust me I wanted to play it) it is that addictive!! I haven't even played a race sim since either and I've been playing those for nearly 20years!! My Son who is now 8 has a copy on his computer and even my 10 year daughter was playing it for over 90 minutes the other day!! Yes the game isn't perfect, but it does have a lot going for it.

First of all the controller support is far better. My Logitech DFP wheel and G25 pedals are perfect straight from the games setup and I have all my needed controls like wipers, lights etc exactly where I want to have them! I've also tried it with the keyboard which was surprisingly good too and the SCS team obviously spent a lot of time getting this area right. The only problem we had was trying a control pad as my son and I found that far too sensitive to steer accurately enough, but he does have a wheel of his own to use, so it's not a big issue.

Graphically the game is very nice and runs smoothly on my system (I5 2500K, 8gig ram, ATi Radeon 4870 512mb) at max settings in 1680x1050 and works well even during night driving in the rain. I've not noticed any real issues with the game myself in that department. It also has some lovely touches. The first time I had to drive through roadworks and saw the little fella in his yellow high-vis gear working away with a pneumatic drill I was genuinely surprised at how many little features SCS have lovingly added to their Sim. And they are not all the same either, some have surface rollers, cranes, diggers or the whole road fully excavated!! Cyclist riding on cycle paths, trains, planes and even birds in the sky!!

Sounds are good to, though in the cab it's a little too quiet, but the modding community have already adjusted that. The ability to load your own MP3's or play real streamed radio whilst driving along is fantastic and really adds to the immersion.

Gameplay is just so enjoyable. You start with a run down depot in your chosen city and you have to log onto a job finder to pick up work driving other companies in their trucks to earn a salary. Once you have some successful runs under your belt, you can purchase your own Truck. You have a bank who will offer you business loans and you will get emails from companies and truck dealers to help you on your way. The map though obviously can't cover real distances as this would need years (probably decades) to make it does have a genuine feel of realism. Each country you visit has it's own look and feel. Each City is different though some roads and junctions etc do basically look similar it doesn't take away the feeling of being at a new place. As you travel the map you discover each place by driving through them. You'll see on your GPS roads you haven't driven on and will have question marks over places of interest that you need to drive past to get access to. These are normally Truck Dealers and properties you may be interested in purchasing for your expanding company. You'll have petrol stations with parking when you need a rest break etc as well as hotels. There are also ferry crossings and the Euro Tunnel train!!

Career part of the game is where you can get so much pleasure playing. Building your company up from a single Truck to having several trucks and drivers who you hire through employment agencies is really great and makes you work hard to earn more money to continue expanding. You can have multiple depots with many trucks and drivers all under your watchful eye. Hire, fire, train them how you want. Modify the trucks to your liking from the body, paintjob, lights, accessories, axles and their engines. They all have an effect on how profitable your company is!! You can oversee everything your company is doing in game. See each driver or trucks daily profits, keep the Trucks maintained etc. Ok some people who like management games will pick holes at how certain areas lack detail, but this isn't a management game, it's a driving Sim with a nice bit of management thrown in!!

I could go on forever, but all I can say is, I'm a Sim racer who has never had any interest in management games, but I've not been able to put this game down and I look forward to playing the next day and continue building my virtual transport company up.

Well done SCS.
  26. Jun 2, 2013
    This is without a single doubt the best truck simulator you can get, after playing all the previous sims I can only say this is The Truck Sim at the moment. The Environment is gorgious, the trucks look really great and drive pretty realistic too (especially with a decent steering wheel). Besides that there are plenty possibilities to mod the map, trucks, interiors and trailers. And not to mention the many radio stations you can listen to, or even add your own radio stations to it. Greetings from the son of a truck driver. Expand
  27. Mar 16, 2013
    I don't get the wooo with this game. Yes, the business system is cool, it has the real truck brands, and the trucks are very customizable... But ohter than that, it's just driving. Not high speed driving, no, just regular driving like the same I do every day for an hour.

The graphics are meh, and the diversity of maps seems lacking. The second "mission" I took had the same map as the
    first one for several minutes. And they were supposed to happen in different countries.

I guess it may be nice for people working on an office who find driving relaxing, but this game isn't for me.
  28. Nov 15, 2012
    I just love this game so much,beautiful,peaceful, simple. customize your truck upgrade it, level up get new skills , manage your company, hire drivers, buy garages all over Europe and upgrade them. I don't know how this could get any better. One last thing ... thank you SCS software for giving me this game .
  29. Jan 19, 2013
    Skyrim with trucks. Big open world, big trucks and big tires. I think that this game is trying to play off on the popularity of Ice Road Truckers the Canadian show (best show ever).
  30. Jan 17, 2013
    Perfect truck game. Lack of content and multiplaser but this is SCS - small firm not EA. Its cheap and had great potencial because it easy moddable....

1. Aug 4, 2014
    The question isn’t “why would you play a game about that?” The question is “why wouldn’t you play a game about that?” If only those people on that bus knew what they were missing.
  2. Jun 10, 2013
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Feb 19, 2013
    If you love trucks Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a essential for your collection.