8.8

1. AViewAM
    Nov 2, 2006
    This might be the best strategy game ever. Hopelessly addictive and highly detailed. My only regret is the lack of focus in Asia but methinks there's an expansion pack for that, if I recall correctly.
  2. GunhanK.
    Aug 1, 2002
    Very detailed. I have had the first game and enjoyed it for quite a bit. When this one came out, I was sceptical if it could live up to its predecessor. It did alright :)
  3. AliE.
    Mar 9, 2002
    Sure it is excellent but sometimes it's hard to understand some economic developing and shortening.
  4. MichaelR.
    Jun 13, 2002
    In Europa, it is quite possible for a small country like Venice to bring mighty France to it's knees. Might is good, but method is better.
    Jul 17, 2002
    Amazing depth.
  6. GezzI.
    Apr 28, 2004
    After two and a half year after release EU II is still getting better with the recent 1.08 patch. Paradox is doing great by trying to reach perfection.
  7. ArneB.
    Nov 1, 2005
    Buy it, patch it and play it. It is a truly great game, well worth the money.
  8. BryanV.
    Nov 21, 2003
    Just one of my all time favourites!
  9. BocheL.
    Jul 16, 2003
    Probably the best strategic game ever made. Amazing, awesome and i can´t stop playing it over nights...
  10. Aug 21, 2011
    Most certainly one of the best strategy games of all time. It is even better than its successor, which says a lot. The game that brought me to the strategy genre! PERFECTION!
  11. Jul 28, 2012
    Perhaps it's my personal fav of all time. For years, since I was a young boy, I'm playing this masterpiece. Complexity and great depth made it a milestone in the history of computer games. I believe that this game, along with EU1 had just changed the whole strategy games' industry.
  12. Mar 20, 2014
    This might be the game I've played more times in all my life.
    The first time you play it, when you start a game before have done the tutorials, everything seems to be really hard and somethings have no sense.
    This might be the game I've played more times in all my life.
    I have been reading about this game, and I think, the important thing about this, is that the game is not an empire builder, instead it is an historic simulator in which you can try to play as a nation, and it is going to be easy to recreate the history, but it's going to be hard to change it, because there are lots of mechanisms made in order to avoid that.

But the most important thing I want to say about the game is that it is really fun to play it. I have try some of its sucessors, but no one is so fun.

If you're at all interested in history or empire-building games, you owe it to yourself to play this game.
  2. It would be a shame to pass up Europa Univeralis II over something flashier because the likelihood is that others just can’t compete with the combined epicness and fun of the game.
  3. Since there's so much interesting information in the game, some drudgery and a lot of time spent reading statistically-based screens and news about what's happening in other parts of the world, your basic playability is bound to suffer.