8.4

1. DominickMastri
    Feb 1, 2007
    I'm a big Hearts of Iron fan, but never tried this series out before. I can say I am very much enjoying it not only for its depth, but for its freedom.

No problems running on my system - AMD Athlon x2 4200, 2 x Geforce 7800, etc...

Not sure its fair to give this game a 0 review when you are using a Geforce4 video card that is seven years old.
  2. Alexa
    Jul 14, 2009
    Once the two expansions are installed the game is great. (the unpatched vanilla is barely enjoyable, if not playable). The only problem is that it takes 200 hours to complete a game. And I am not lying.
  3. ToddC.
    Jan 25, 2007
    After installing it, as a historical strategy game, I feel a bit cheated. The game has a historical setup but once you start playing all types of random and silly things happen. For instance, in my game (already patched) by 1480, when Historically nobody had set foot in the new world, I have Spain colonizing Canada, the Teutonic Order colonizing the US and Aragon together with Genoa are After installing it, as a historical strategy game, I feel a bit cheated. The game has a historical setup but once you start playing all types of random and silly things happen. For instance, in my game (already patched) by 1480, when Historically nobody had set foot in the new world, I have Spain colonizing Canada, the Teutonic Order colonizing the US and Aragon together with Genoa are colonizing Brazil/Venezuela. Also strange is the way ihneritances work. In my game, Provence inherited Portugal and Milan inherited Norway. This means Provence is now Portugal and Milan is now Norway too. This is completely silly. The graphics are very poor, as their quality is from 2000, not 2007. What makes the game a bit interesting is the engine that is not very different from previous Europa Universalis game and was not ruined in this attempt to make a fantasy game claiming it is historical plausible! Expand
  4. FernandoR
    Nov 22, 2009
    First of all, I have to say I'm a big fan of Europa Universalis series, one of the best strategy games I ever played. But not this one. They screwed the best history-strategy sim. There are few historical events and after while you cant seem anything that reminds our own history, you just dont get the felling of running a historical sim. It's a pity that a good company like First of all, I have to say I'm a big fan of Europa Universalis series, one of the best strategy games I ever played. But not this one. They screwed the best history-strategy sim. There are few historical events and after while you cant seem anything that reminds our own history, you just dont get the felling of running a historical sim. It's a pity that a good company like Paradox dont playtest the games before releasing it. Expand
  5. Mar 15, 2011
    This game is great, being in the genre of many Paradox Interactive's games the Genre of Grand Strategy. This game isn't your ordinary strategy, It requires a capable mind few seem to have. It has a lot of micromanaging and multitasking. the game can be difficult at times, but overall it's a fun game. Europa Universalis III: Complete is the only one to buy now, including it's 2 firstThis game is great, being in the genre of many Paradox Interactive's games the Genre of Grand Strategy. This game isn't your ordinary strategy, It requires a capable mind few seem to have. It has a lot of micromanaging and multitasking. the game can be difficult at times, but overall it's a fun game. Europa Universalis III: Complete is the only one to buy now, including it's 2 first expansions/DLC In Nomine, and Napoleons Ambition. In order to really see the true potential and greatness of this game you need to buy the DLC Heir to the Throne, and Expansion Divine Wind. With all the DLC and Expansions you have a beautiful world with many details and smooth graphics, as well as a vast History. You can find thousands of historical Monarchs, and Historical People, as well as historical nations and events. The game also has many structures to build, and a great array of Technology, Governments, and Policies. Being a flexible game you are free to choose your own history as well. you aren't locked into a historical text book, you are free to command and conquer and shape the world in your liking. You can Colonize new territory, conquer ones already claimed, and even inherit nations. The game is great with being able to be apart of the Holy Roman Empire or apart of the Papacy. overall the game is Fun, Challenging, and has 100's of hours of game play. If you are into Strategy games with Real time, and want one different from the rest, you will not be bored with this game. I give this game a 7/10 instead of a 10/10 due to that there are many bugs, and exploits in the game and that the game's DLC/expansions cost way to much. I got the game on sale. the Game and all the DLC together is worth 30 dollars as of now. but sadly the total cost at full price at the moment is about 50 dollars. at the most i'd pay 35 for the game and no more. to me the game is worthy to be bought at 50 dollars but I wouldn't pay for it at that. Anyhow if this games price gets lowered or goes on sale it would be a smart choice to buy it. Expand
  6. Nov 4, 2013
    Sure, it looks horrible but the game itself is a well put together medieval europe strategy title. If details aren't your thing then you'll hate it. But if you always wanted England to colonize France, then great.
  7. May 10, 2012
    400 years of nation building with any country that existed between 1399-1822. The High medieval ages, the fall of the eastern roman empire,fall of the ming dynasty, the renaissance, the 30 years war and the Napoleonic age. This game is nearly 100% historically accurate at the start dates but when you start playing it's all lost! You have control over your nations destiny, colonizing,400 years of nation building with any country that existed between 1399-1822. The High medieval ages, the fall of the eastern roman empire,fall of the ming dynasty, the renaissance, the 30 years war and the Napoleonic age. This game is nearly 100% historically accurate at the start dates but when you start playing it's all lost! You have control over your nations destiny, colonizing, conquering and trading to gain power. The Holy Grail of Historical Sandbox games. Expand
  8. AWG
    Aug 13, 2013
    I like that this game doesn't strictly follow the historical facts (giving the player the opportunity of creating another history) but in the end it's just another complicated strategy game requiring too much time and effort to even just comprehend how to start.

1. I was drawn to play Europa Universalis III because of the sheer amount of options that it offers. Not many games allow you to control an empire for more than 300 years and allow you to do it any way you see fit.
    Remarkably well-honed-arguably Paradox's finest achievement in the form to date.
    While it covers the same ground, there has been enough of a shift from the old roots to ensure the experience stays fresh while maintaining the features that have made the series the premier example of grand strategy on the PC today.