7.7

1. Jan 17, 2014
    I liked many of the new things but if you pay 10 euro you expect more than this.
    1. Natives
    There is almost no difference and the South american natives are not effected by this DLC 2.Random New World A fun idea but there some issues from my own experience it seems like the Missions (Colonize Brazil) etc does not work properly. It is very annoying when you have the same trade
    1. Natives

2.Random New World
    It is very annoying when you have the same trade region names Brazil, California etc.
    It also seems that if you play Random New world every coast region in Brazil, Peru, Rio de plaza has Tropical environment witch makes colonization as slow as in Africa witch makes it very frustrating.

Western Trade region i believe is a update and not part of the expansion but i like the idea but still it´s not fair if you are the only Colonization nation and you almost does not earn anything of the trade.

Protectorate is a good idea but it´s needs more work,
    It does not seem worth it to have a Protectorate for the time, I tried to make the Mayans my Protectorate and now i can´t conquer them and it gives me no profits at all.

I think people expected more of this expansion if you haven´t bought it yet don´t buy it.

This Expansion needs a update to make the money we paid worth while.
  2. Jan 16, 2014
    This ''expansion'' adds nothing, NOTHING significant or interesting to the game. In fact it removes a lot of options and possibilities you had before, like peaceful vassalization (you can't vassalize anyone who has basically more than 2 provinces through diplomatic means), you can't vassalize in any way anyone who's too far behind in tech (basically any non-European nation)- instead youThis ''expansion'' adds nothing, NOTHING significant or interesting to the game. In fact it removes a lot of options and possibilities you had before, like peaceful vassalization (you can't vassalize anyone who has basically more than 2 provinces through diplomatic means), you can't vassalize in any way anyone who's too far behind in tech (basically any non-European nation)- instead you can make them a ''protectorate'', which is sort of like a vassal but not really- they will become your ally and you are going to be their only ally, you get 50% of their Trading Power and they get to tech faster. Woo, what a fascinating concept. Except it makes no sense and is pointless if you play a no super trading nation, like Russia or any non-Spain / Portugal / England nation, really.

You can no longer sell land to your vassals with a few exceptions, though no meaningful explanation is provided in game as for why said vassal wouldn't want a free province right next to them, other than "strategic interests". As a "compensation" for this the devs decided to basically nerf Aggresive Expansion to the point where no one will care if you grab a dozen provinces in a single swath, so coalitions are now extremely unlikely to form which coupled with the reduced impact of vassalization makes for a boring, repetitive, brainless cycle of "conquer whatever you want wherever you want from whomever you want, core, convert, conquer, core, convert" until you realize how boring the game feels now and just Alt + F4 without even bothering to save.

In conclusion, this expansion (and patch 1.4) are a huge downgrade to what used to be a very engaging, entertaining, deep strategy game. Stick with the original and don't waste your money supporting decisions which impose a forced limit on the player's options instead of enhancing the game.
  3. Jul 16, 2014
    Expansion does nothing. They put all of their experiments into the patch. The reduce so much stuff in the vanilla game, and the expansion simply make your life easier since the patch makes the game more boring. They remove your available interactions in the vanilla game so you have to buy the patch to keep the as game fun.
  4. Apr 15, 2014
    Base game is pretty good, this expansion is absolutely horrible. I can't even bring myself to play the game anymore with all of the broken half baked mechanics. Colonial nations and protectorates are an absolute abomination in their current form. A game focuses around colonial expansion seems to now fail at exactly that, and diplomacy, cascading wars, and war leaders changes have neverBase game is pretty good, this expansion is absolutely horrible. I can't even bring myself to play the game anymore with all of the broken half baked mechanics. Colonial nations and protectorates are an absolute abomination in their current form. A game focuses around colonial expansion seems to now fail at exactly that, and diplomacy, cascading wars, and war leaders changes have never been worse. Expand

1. Apr 2, 2014
    A bit light in content, this expansion concentrates on adding features that enhance gameplay in the New World. The new features make Native American nations more rewarding to play, and add an interesting possibility wherein the Europeans could be kicked off the continent.
    Europa Universalis IV is the finest strategy game on the market. And it just got better.
  3. Mar 2, 2014
    Conquest of Paradise is a solid, although somewhat narrowly-focused expansion.