• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Mar 10, 2009
7.8

1. Sep 13, 2010
    If you enjoy scamming people, playing highly unrealistic space battles where you can't have any real degree of control over your ship navigation, and stuffing around with the 'Market' then give EVE a try. You'll likely be taken in for at least a year if you are anything like me. But underneath it all EVE is actually a pretty poor vehicle covered in shiny paint. What you most likely won't realise for some time is the level of permanence individual events have. Make bad choices early on in your skill training and you'll be screwed for some time if not permanently. Want to pilot one of the best ships in the game? Setup your skill queue and you'll be up and running in about 365 days.... and a few thousand dollars of real money. Sure you can earn the money in game if you like. Hopefully you are also the sort of person that likes Farmville, or repetitive tasks like sorting 1000 kilograms of peanuts and into 5 different grades... if that sounds boring to you I encourage you to try EVE's ice mining and compare the difference. Everything EVE appears to be in the first six months gives way to what EVE actually is. Not a sandbox, not the messiah, and a fairly average space shooter, with some decent game economics. If you're the sort of person who might rupture a blood vessel should you lose a ship that took you about 90 days of game time to pay for in one 2 minute session where you lag out and DC, don't play this game. If you're the sort of person who thinks star wars x-wing/tie fighter when you think space combat do not play this game. If you're the sort of person who has any degree of trust in people you've never met, well play the game, but prepare to be ripped off and blasted into shrapnel with great frequency. It's EVE the sandbox! and just below the surface it's full of turds. Expand
  2. BJH
    Mar 10, 2012
    This game was a fail. It is a pity, as I really like games like X. The first thing that happened with this game was it shut down my computer due to overheating the cpu (no other games do this and the housing/fans are not dirty). This was resolved by turning due the graphics settings-- which I don't mind, but no other game I've ever owned has to overheat the cpu to figure this out. WTF?!? Anyway, so then I get into the game. Most of the controls are okay, but the text is irritatingly small until the resolution is turned down. Trying to figure out where you are going in the tutorials is easy once you know what you are looking for, but the tutorials don't inform you of that kind of stuff. The game is not particularly complex in most respects, but has such awful navigation that what could be straight-forward becomes a pain in the @ss-- hence the steep learning curve. Steep learning curve is fine for the right reason, but this is the wrong reason. Example: I was unable to complete the mining tutorial. Something must have gone wrong, but how to resolve it is not clear. The agent continued to demand I complete the mission. I had the appropriate amount of material mined from the correct location, but it wouldn't let me complete the mission. I moved the materials around, and even got 3x the amount required so I could have some in my items and my cargo hold. Nothing worked. Finally I looked up the tutorial online-- and everything appeared exactly the same (correct amount in hold), and the game accepted that guy's mission completion. Again, wtf. The problem is, if this was a singular incident, it would be okay, but the other missions had analogously stupid impediments. Fail. Expand
  3. Sep 28, 2012
    Bigger money whore than blizzard.And accounts cant be started in a logical way.Did i mention that these people are bigger money whores than blizzard??
  4. Aug 25, 2012
    To start I'm frankly not sure how this game is receiving a 8. There isn't really any input by the player when doing things in EVE. Majority of content is automated which creates a ton of bots in the game. PvP is pretty lack luster too. It's pretty much auto attack without much user input. Then there's the character progression ......again nothing involved other than adding it to your "skill que." Basically nothing tangible in the game that makes a player be like ewww I want XYZ and this is how I'm going to obtain it. If you enjoy market type things (i.e. selling buying and making profits) this game might be for you...... The game is about as lack luster as the effort I put forth typing this in 4 minutes. Expand
  5. Aug 22, 2013
    Only if you all knew the problem in Eve online. I been playing this game for like 5 years on and off and it can get annoying.
    1: Trust no one. What is your friend today can be your enemy tomorrow.
    2: if you like to be surrounded by a holes feel free to join.
    3: if your looking for all the good stuff, its always in low sec. Never high sec.
    4: Expect to take up to a full 90 days to
    train out one specific skill set. When you need at least 4 major skills.
    a) Mission running skills because you have to do mission to get money just to start. Join a corp, you get plenty of money if they give it to you but your skills are so low in the beginning, your just a flee to swat. Trust me, your rookie ship will not put dent into anybody playing less then a month.
    b) ship skills mainly battleships if you plan to makes money from mission running.
    c) industrial skills is a must when players are over charging for everything. 1 billion isk for 1 round of small ammo that is only worth 1.50 isk per round. Scam #1
    d) mining skills if you are tired of paying the outrageous prices on the market. Mine it and manufacture it. Problem, all the high sec roid belts are usually wiped clean before you even have a chance to login to go mining.
    5. Getting skills takes way too long. Some skills costing you upwards of 30 days for lvl 5, which is your entire one month subscription. Great skill but too long of a wait. Capital ships try 6 months. Do you really want to wait 6 freaking months just to jump into a capital ship. I don't.
    6. Older players like to hassle the newb and noobs all days just to mess your game up while learning. If the older player loses a ship and get there standing smack down, its no true lost to them. Frankly, I hope they keep it up so eve be put out of business one day. No new players no new subscriptions no new revenue out of business.
    7, The ships itself is nice but they are too specific. Transport ships, I want to drop 8 small guns with hvy armor tank and pvp mid slots. But nooo. Pirate players can't kill you. I believe in China's law, China does not tolerate Pirates in Chinese waters. BANG!!! (WITH A 50 CAL) good bye.
    8. I hope you like getting screwed in this game and I hope the pirate players get hacked and watch their real life money get wiped out and their entire account never existed. That would be great. See how funny it really is when pirates is on the receiving end of their BS.
  6. Dec 14, 2012
    This is the one game that has been able to keep my attention for years. The learning curve is high, and sometimes you can get infuriated, but it's all for the right reasons. There are only intelligent people who play this game because of this, and whenever you die from someone else's shots, you know they worked hard to do it. The devs release 2 FREE expansion packs every year, which always adds new content, and features to keep the game fresh no matter how much you play it, whether a couple minutes a day, or hours at a time. This is the best game in the world in my opinion. Expand
  7. Jun 15, 2013
    I'm all about big risk and reward in video games. I'm the guy who plays his ARPGs on the hardcore setting. I like winner-takes all competition. Back in the day I competed for the top ranking in the Warcraft PVP when it was so insane that you had to practically have no life to succeed. Therefore, I thought I'd be the perfect guy for the EVE Online Universe. I was wrong. I appreciate EVE's freedom and brutal sandbox gameplay with a free market economy, but it's ruined by two things.

First, the gameplay itself is awful. Did you enjoy figuring out how to beat that well-designed impossibly hard boss in another MMO? No such thing in EVE. If you can't find another player or group of players to have an epic battle with, you're just floating around in dead space with nothing to do. There is never any guarantee that there will be some reasonable challenge in the EVE universe for you to jump into. Since the game is driven by players only, there will be many nights where you log in and there's absolutely nothing. Some people would put me down as an instant-gratification type for saying this. I always want there to be good challenging content in a game which was put there by the developer. I don't know why EVE can't have the best of both worlds.

The second issue is that the free market is sort of ruined by the fact that players can buy their way to the top with real world currency. This isn't necessarily a problem on its own, but when the game touts itself on its realistic economic principles, it sort of dampens the experience when an economic genius gets taken out by Captain Credit Card who never put any time or effort into earning his way.

At the end of the day, they can add as much of this sort of content as they want with these numerous expansions, but until they make the combat interesting and give players more to do than float around in the huge scary emptiness of space, it's never going to be a game I'll want to play again.
  8. Nov 15, 2013
    Eve aspires to be something more than it is. Each expansion has not been fully completed and the game needs an overhaul. The game environment or galaxy is much to small to be considered a space simulation or a sandbox. By that I mean people are constantly everywhere and the limits are too overwhelming. Each zone has way too many people. Admittedly the game is mathematically huge, but for PvP it is much too easy. PvP is so overwhelming in the game it should be renamed to Grieve or GriEVE online. The only thing you can expect to do in the personal goals department is build up your skills, which takes time, and there are smart ways to do it for good balance and have fun along the way unlike some of the misinformed negative reviews, and possibly your I.S.K. balance which newbs pronounce isk as if it is a word not an anagram for Inter-Stellar Kredits. Aside from that is is the experience of people interactions, which if you don't join as a huge guild like I did into the Goonswarm alliance, you are likely going to be backstabbed and not have much fun. In my opinion this game is much to oriented towards grieving players and it is supported too much. That is the community you are likely joining if you play. It is for some people and not for all. Good luck in your decision. I hope this helps. Expand
  9. Sep 5, 2010
    Eve Online offers the most depth, involvement and achievement of any MMO so far, but it does require dedication as the gameplay opportunities remain quite limited for at least the first few months. As a starting pilot, you will find the scope of the game daunting, but if you're up for a challenge and like the idea of a huge gameworld which will not cease to deliver entertainment and adversity even after years of playing, then the complete freedom and open-endedness of CCP's creation will capture like no other. Expand
  10. Jun 23, 2013
    Eve online, a very nice game for "cheaters". An game where softwares that changes the game play functionality at the client is allowed. If you dont like to see your ship destroyed by players that are using third softwares to get advantage, this game is not for you. But if you are the type of player that likes to use cheat to make you invulnerable, you will enjoy.
    Dont beleave me Just
    check the game forums, there is a plenty of discussion about it.
    The game is full of bugs, and to talk with the support, you need to open an "petition" and wait at least 15 days to get an generic awnser.
    You will need to install 50 Gb of game data and, every day install patchs of bug correction, patchs that will fix some bugs but will create new bugs.
  11. May 19, 2013
    If your a Hardcore MMO gamer than EVE Online is the experience your looking for. Its depth is about as large as the universe its self and has an extremely high learning curve. While this may be good for those that have already found this gem, it does make it hard for new blood to enter. Despite this new pilots appear every day. With integration of a PS Network FPS called Dust 514 it adds a unique game play element never before seen, where a PC player can unleash a fiery hell from the skies on a console fan boy. The entire economy is player driven, everything bought and sold is from the player base. Making for yet a another way to play eve, as a market SIM. Expand
  12. Oct 24, 2013
    I played the demo for a week and got tired, because it is so hard to learn i had to ask People in the game to understand and i had watch youtube videos too. They have a really bad tutorial. And it cost damn much Money like 15 euros a month. thats so stupid many games even cost that price.
    It cost 180 euros a year. that's quite expensive..
  13. Nov 23, 2013
    Being a EVE player since 2008 I did have some amazing times playing, 3 accounts 9 Chars.
    Then CCP decided to release 'Time Dilation', where a fight that would last 1 hour now last 10.
    Cause of the super slow mo where u can go have a shower make your dinner and maybe just maybe your guns have finished one cycle so u can fire a 2nd round. If you don't have a job and have plenty time on
    your hands as it slowly ticks by at 1 fps in the huge fleet fights this down turn this game is for you. Sadly life is far to hectic to be watching a screen that doesn't move half the time and I guarantee u will get bored with all the other feature mass fleet fights was where it was until that sad day.... Expand
  14. Dec 3, 2013
    7 years of this game and everything is still essentially the same. People will scam you or gank your ships just because they can. You will lose connection in a mission or pvp battle and come back with no ship. If you have no life or have too much money this is the game for you!
  15. Jun 4, 2011
    EvE Online: Why I keep coming back, and leaving

Every one loves a space opera, probably. I love space operas, definitely. Vast space, the feeling of being a tiny spec in an endlessly large ocean. Industriously burrowing away at an asteroid for hours at a time while I read a book. Stacking up credits. Improving my lot one ore bit at a time.

EvE online appeals to all these sentiments.
    Space is compounded by achingly beautiful visuals and the well measured soundtrack bouncing through the halls of my ship.

Against other mmorpg's EvE stands well apart. There's no levelling arms race at play to motivate you, no endless level grinding to ruin your nights. Your motivation is primarily in how much of the universe you want to turn over. It's all under your own volition away from any peer pressure.

But EvE suffers in some development choices. Once you have created your character and jumped into the game you land ass first in a space ship in the middle of who-knows-where. "What the hell is going on?" and "What am I doing here?" are the first couple of questions to go through your head. You just automatically happen to be in a space ship from the off. Yes, this is exactly what I'm playing this game for but there is no build up at all! It would have been simple to develop a story line over half an hour or so while the character finds his way to a ship and launches into space. All manner of back history could subtly and simply be woven into these first few minutes. Alas instead you are faced with a half hour tutorial that pretty much covers everything there is to do in the game, ever. I have thus far(this is my 5th odd return to the game) logged out twice during this particular stab at the tutorial and I'm pretty sure it's all down to not having any emotional investment in my character or ship.

This build up would of course need a third person walk around section. Something that EvE lacks. All that time you spent creating your character and choosing nice clothes boil down to the thumbnail image attached to your ship. To create a physical presence and platform for the characters is absolutely necessary but likely to be part of a long development process.

Aside from that, I want to be able to land on planets. These beautiful orbs just hang in space enticing you towards them but on approach they are to be found totally void of function. You can't land, mine or colonise. What use is a space opera without a home world to counterpoint off? Aside from that and back to my first few points, EvE Online has captured the space odyssey feeling perfectly. It just has a few teething problems it needs to get out of the way before it's absolutely immersive. Perhaps by the time I return for the 8th time it will have these all sorted out.
  16. Dec 6, 2011
    I love the respons people give for not liking EvE. Most of them are the very reasons I DO like it. Theone thing I will say though is expect to put 6 months worth into this game before you start to get much back. Does that put you off? Then EvE probably isn't for you. You like shooty blasty kiddy games? EvE probably isn't for you either. WHich is great as it means adults with low attention spans and snotty kids with their l33t speak and trash talking are generally not present in the game. HOORAY FOR THAT. I have one character that has only left a spacestation once in the past 3 months, and she makes me about 150 million ISK a day..day trading. I have another account that is "all action" and a third that mines. Yup 45 euros a month, and for me - worth every single penny. Expand
  17. Jan 9, 2011
    This is without doubt the greatest and most innovative MMO every created. Nothing can compete in regards the depth and complexities of the game play and mechanics. PvP is incredible with literally billions of customisation variations for fitting your ships. The player driven economy and market place is the most in depth I have ever seen. The regional markets allow players to be genuinely entrepreneurial and you can really make big money through trading. The game is very well balanced and there are always strenghts and weakness that can allow you the victory in PvP. Some people may find it a bit of a grind at first as there is quite a steep learning curve but the player base are very helpful because working in groups is the key to success. Saying that it is still possible to have a great time and make lots of currency solo. As a new player however it is often best to meet some good folk and learn the ropes before you go off to build your empire. There is just to much to mention that is outstanding about EvE Online. You really have to experience it. The 14 day free trial is very generous and is ample time to get to grips with the basics of the game. The career tutorial missions also give a good taste of the career paths. You are not limited in any way as to which skills you hone or activities you undertake, if you want to specialise you can but are free to change your direction at any time and do what you like. One of the really cool things about EvE Online where you can test things out without worrying about losing assets in the game. Every item and ship costs 100 game currency and there are mass tests where you can mingle with CCP staff. They often give you access to advanced skills and ships during mass testing events and it is really good fun. CCP have done a fantastic job with EvE online and it is constantly getting better and better all the time. The graphics are stunning even on lower spec computers and this makes the game really accessible. You don't need a top spec gaming monster of a PC to enjoy and participate in EvE. The only word of warning is that once you start playing it will probably put you off any other MMO you are playing. This really is the best MMO out there and highly recommend it. There is nothing else quite like it. Expand
  18. Jun 21, 2011
    If you want intense action, an extensive open market to buy and sell, detailed political drama between player alliances and corporations, and the ability to do whatever the hell you want, then EVE Online is for you. Oh, and CCP develops free expansion packs.
  19. Oct 21, 2011
    If you can get over the learning curve and repetitiveness of EVE, it becomes one of the most unqiue games you can play. iamtypingthissothaticanpost
  20. Nov 11, 2011
    Eve Online is an amazing game, and fills the niche where every online space sim destines. The scale is absurdly awesome. Eve online is more of a strategy than a twitch-trigger space sim.
  21. Dec 31, 2011
    The most deep, complex. hardcore mmorpg ever created. CCp has an excellent support to his title with two expansions every year. A must play for all the hardcore mmorpg fans that need to play something different.
  22. Jun 23, 2012
    Fear - I believe it is the one thing missing in 99.9% of MMO's, and the best part of any decent MMO. If I'm not playing an MMO that has a 'significant loss' attached to dying I don't feel it - it's a rush. I've been playing MMO's consistently since 97 but only recently tried Eve. It definitely provides it, along with a million other things that make this game so great to play. If you know what I'm talking about (and are obviously interested in this type of game) - give it a go, the trial is free. Expand
  23. Jun 27, 2013
    EVE Online hit its 10 year anniversary this year. It is one of only a few monthly sub MMO's left on the market. It has an ever expanding playerbase that now exceeds 500,000 players. It is unforgiving and brutal and has a massive learning curve. It has a UI that would make a genius cry.

There is no set way to play EVE. It rewards create thinking. It encourages ponzi schemes, AWOXing,
    market PvP, and scamming. The only time you are truly safe is when you are docked up in a station. Your spaceships are merely consumables. You will die and your spaceships will explode. Earn enough ingame money (ISK) and you can buy 30 day extensions to your account. Or join a player corporation, work your way up the ranks, and then steal all their money and ships.

EVE Online is not a kids game and you will find few 10 year old kids with enough patience to continue playing EVE. There is no "I win" button. Having the biggest spaceship does not make you more powerful. It will make you an easy target for smaller, far more agile ships.

There is no other MMO on the market like EVE. It stands alone as one of the deepest, most rewarding MMO's experiences released to date. Whole communities of EVE players generate daily content within and outside of the game. It is the ultimate sandbox.
  24. Oct 3, 2012
    Have to love EVE with a very big qualification: This game will NOT appeal to a majority of gamers. Most people should not even look at this game. This game is the rare thing: a game for adults. And for wierdos who want to be better than others and have a lot of patience interms of sitting over their keyboard squintinting at the tiny font, making 'real' political alliances in a make believe space fantasy world. EVE does a great job of discouraging beginners, and ends up having a truly dedicated, and interesting fan base and truly interesting political dimensions. If all of this sounds like your cup of tea, then boil up the kettle, and pour yourself a pot. Take it slow (it starts very slow). Be polite and all the best! Expand
  25. May 4, 2014
    Welcome to GriEVE Online. If you're a RL turd, this is the game for you. It's massively boring. CCP (the devs) are after your money, and to make ends meet, they'll encourage cheating / grieving. You can't trust anybody in this game. Have I mentioned how boring it is? It takes 2 years to be actually any good at flying ONE ship for PvP. Also, unless you multibox (which again is ENCOURAGED by CCP) you don't stand a chance in this game. Almost everybody is running at least 2 accounts.

This game is boring, the PvP sucks, and it takes forever to do anything. In other words, this game is not fun.

When you come home to play a game, do you want to have fun? Then EVE is not for you.
  26. Feb 14, 2014
    "Players looking for repetitive gaming won't like EVE, whereas those with creative thinking will" says one of the trailers for EVE. "Oh God", thought I. "Finally something different. Totally disgusted with WoW kind of games". After a bit of youtube watching I decided to try out this beautiful looking, breathtaking and very brain-promising space simulation ready to buy subscription.
    ------

After installation which also runs on MAC, I proceeded to character creation. "Very detailed, very easy to use" thought I with joy, taking care and time to perfection my in game myself. I can even get scarfs, even change lighting. What a beginning.
    ------
    I read with interest information about the in game factions and carefully chose my bloodline. Ready.
    ------
    "I wish you see this. I am in a vast, huge futuristic station. It's far bigger anything you've ever seen. Tutorial asks me to undock. Click. Now, I am actually flying in the space! I can zoom out and in totally, looking in every detail of my little ship. Or is it capsule? It's like an egg. Let me think why would it be shaped that way. Aerodynamics. Look at all these buttons around. I am sure all mean something and I am sure everything is there for a reason. Oh wait. I am flying.. ou, just straight towards a huge planet. It must be it's gravity pulling me down. Oh no, no.. how do I stop it? Oh... well.... I just flew trough planet."
    ------
    My simulation expecations were shattered. My hopes for learning about science were shattered. My illusions for exploring and knowing the Universe were shattered.
    ------
    Being let down, kept playing. My impression is going to improve. I learn a bits from tutorial. About ship equipment, wait, it reminds me a little bit of Wow gear or all other games, no, just coinsidance. About combat - you actually lock target and then press buttons and shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot. No, only coinsidance this game is about much more than that. It's not like the others. This game is made out of real players. Not any Npcs. Does it say agent? What does it do when I accept this mission? Oh. I have to fly somewhere, kill something and bring something back. No.. it's... did I use word coinsidance?
    ------
    Ehm... I do like 25th tutorial missions. I kind of stopped reading it. Only clicking accept, then wrap to (it's flying around 5 light years in a second) then take or kill and then come back, then complete mission. No, surely NPC is not going to tell me how amazing I am whatsoever, or that I did something noone has done before.
    ------
    Well.. it's like my 30hour of gameplay maybe and I... I feel like quitting. Or should I play another 1000 hours (people in Eve spent even 10.000 hours of pure gameplay) just to earn trillion or gear up or kill another player? Oh right, the original system such as this has its cost. You know, let me evaluate. In there, you have gun level 1. When you want gun level 2, you need money. To earn money you besically need to study a book. Wide one. When you get your gun level 2, you can kill player with gun level 1. Target him and ratatatatatatata shoot shoot shoot. And he actually detonates. I am not kidding.
    ------
    Today, right decision was made. Low security part of the Universe, that was my brave destination. With warm and eager heart I set my autopilot and watched all these wallpapers on the screen that look like stars and planets. I might put one on my desktop. Finally arriving. Ratatatatatatatata bum. I am webbed I cannot escape. I scream out for my life for the pirates to let me be. They do not listen. They charge. After amazing and memorable 2seconds fight I explode. Still in my capsule. Bum bum bum, my capsule explodes and with last swearing I end up my final breath, my body falls upon indifferentness of the Universe. This is the end.
    ------
    All of a sudden, i wake up in new, identical body. With all money, maybe even all skills having all ships I had in the dock. End of my story. Epic story. I heard EVE are submitting user stories? Will you help me to send them this one?
  27. Mar 30, 2014
    The game itself is fabulous and if it were a single player game, EVE would be the perfect space based empire type game ever! The graphics are superb, the feeling of the vastness of space is well captured, ships, combat, equipment and technology is realistic, and your character development is quite diverse and well done. It's the other players you are forced to deal with that utterly ruin this game and make it unplayable.That is of course, unless you're a sadistic psychopath that actually likes harming people, if that's the case, this is the game for you.

Take everything you know about ganking, griefing, trolling, scamming, sociopathy, fraud, and the darkness of the human heart and forget it, any time spent in EVE will teach you a horrific new level of sickness that you had never thought possible in your wildest nightmares. You WILL encounter class 1 **** EVERYWHERE in the game wether, they're cheating you out of your goods and money in the markets or waiting to shoot you in the back as your defenseless shuttle arrives at the next warp gate, be prepared to deal with people empowered by the anonymity of the internet and a company that actually encourages bad behavior in their players.

The real life equivalent of this game would be stuck in a rush hour traffic jam surrounded by teenagers, all driving ridiculously loud, tricked out rice burners and blasting God awful music at physically harmful volume levels. All. The. Time.

Again, a great game ruined by the human garbage that play it. And that's a shame.
  28. Nov 10, 2010
    I've been playing eve on and off for about 10 months and I've actually gotten good at it, been a member of a null security corporation, and been in a few space battles. This game is buggy, it's frequently boring, it's extremely frustrating, and punishes you if you like to take risks. Especially early on... In short it's kind of the anti-game... And yet, I play it.

Joining a
    corporation early on and going to battleclinic and reading about how to build ships right is key, but those are not game mechanics, they're human mechanics that are outside the game. Ultimately, that is what eve is about, and because of that, the strategic elements are very much like real life. You want power in the game? Get in a corp and move up the ladder, its just like real life. You want money? Do the same. Thats the hardest aspect for new people to realize, you can't win eve on your own, its absolutely a group activity like going to work everyday.

Eve is also a hobby. People write software to interact with the EVE api, its a big part of eve in fact as some of these user created tools are absolutely key to success in the game... Sound weird? It is, and yet, it's better for it. It's the human element.

When you think about it, the universe is pretty boring and stupid, but, humans get together and shape it how we want it to be, thats what Eve is like, a boring place made better by the presence of humans.

Because it relies so much on humans, and the kinds of things lots of people try to avoid in playing games in the first place (like work), I think the game deserves to be knocked down a couple notches. But all in all it's an interesting world, and if you join the right corporation, and take the time to train your skills up right, it takes a LOT of time, you might find yourself having more fun more often with Eve than your other games.
  29. Dec 9, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game. But it s really hard for news players. I regret no french language too. I think a lot of french people want start the experience but they can t. the game is really complex and give a lot of satisfaction. It s true you pilot with mouse and it s not the best for a star ship game but you need see around this. it s a rich spatial simulation game. Expand
  30. May 22, 2013
    EVE is a truly unique MMO experience. It's slower paced (most of the time, there are still ridiculous adrenaline rushes) than all of the other major MMOs out there, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. For example, character skill training is a continuous process happening whether you're online or not, which takes out the repetitive grinding for XP (or similar) most of these games have.
    The game also has a steep learning curve, which while frustrating does weed out the 10 year old American kids with rich but ignorant parents. Once you've got over the initial hurdle, you get a chance at probably the largest, most in depth MMOs going, with a sandbox system that really does have almost unlimited potential. Want to spend your time mining? Feel free, and depending on where you go you're probably going to have to fight (realistically run away from) other players shooting you just for the hell of it. Piracy is potentially lucrative, ensnaring and ransoming other players. Or if you're more into the MetaGaming side of things get involved in the massive alliances and engage in somewhat questionable out of game activities.

Eve is an MMO for the thinkers, not for the point and shoot OMG EXPLOSIONS!!!!!11!eleven enthusiasts. Try it.
  31. Jun 17, 2014
    First of all, If you like a game that is hard to learn, has a real time waiting period on learning skills, and having other player scam you, war declare you for no apparent reason or just destroy your character for their amusement, has not real in game support,a non existent call in support desk,strip you of in game monies and profit gain then this game is for you. With in its unreasonable space battles, no real control over your ship, and no way to counter measure real game pirates at early levels. EVE is for the unsophisticated PVP player or hacker that scams you for your in game money, allows you to be robbed by bogus contracts or for GM's to accuse players and strip them of there money. in addition allows real game pirates and war declarations to be held openly in neutral territories to prey on ships and warp out when there pathetic version of police arrive. Worst of all is the learning curve for this game. It takes about 6months to a year to actually learn this game and have enough skill to make this game enjoyable.
    Go ahead try the 14 day trial and see for your self, it will be 14day terribly spent.
  32. Jul 25, 2014
    The main problem with this game is that you need multiple accounts or at least multiple characters on one account in order to play without ridiculous risk. Except it takes 6 months minimum for a character to fly the ships you need.

If you need a battleship and a covert ops frigate to run anomalies inside wormholes than you will have to wait a year. Otherwise you can sit in high security
    space and mine mindlessly.

Expect for your ship to be blown up by 10+ players sitting outside of the gates that you have to travel by. If you like to wait several years in order to sit outside an object with nine other people waiting for a ship to come through so you can blow it up then sign up now.

Eve encourages grieving with its mechanics and too many players have been playing for too long for anyone new to get a foothold.

If you are going to play don't fall for the discounts on multimonth subscriptions. i have over 150 days that I wont be bothering to log in for.
  33. Sep 25, 2013
    Basiclie a very very good game grafics frkn awesome community very friendly helpfull etc.. but 3 points less because u need just i would say 3 months for only skilling to have fun on this game thats a bit annojing
  34. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is not for kids or people with mental disorder you need some brains to play this game. The real fun begins when you join military alliance then all of its beauty reveals.Some people dont like it thats normal. EVE community is very nice because its 95% made of mature people no 12yo running arround
  35. Sep 1, 2013
    The greatest game I have ever played. More complex than any game I have ever played, but more immersive than any other. I have logged over 2000 hours so far into this game, and not an ounce of boredom. There are so many different things you can do. You can spend your time sitting in safe calm space manufacturing ships for combat pilots, or be on the front lines fighting over territory and power with your faction. The player corporations (guilds) can actually control territory. Massive wars take place. Battles of thousands of players all at the same place. You can choose to fight for good, or for power and wealth. Backstabbings and betreyals, loyalty to your corporation, becoming a better pilot. Eve is a neverending adventure with limitless entertainment and opportunity. Expand
  36. Oct 2, 2013
    Nearly unlimited amount of spaceship-themed mini- and meta-games combined with nice graphic engine and healthy economy slightly spoiled by extremely slow character progression and lack of territorial expansions turning players into so-called "bittervets" over time. Yet until that "bittervet"-ness moment you'll have a lot of positive (and a bit of negative) emotions.

Highly recommended
    while there isn't any meaningful MMO spaceship sandbox game alternative. Expand
  37. Oct 6, 2013
    Eve is not a spaceshooter game, it is about to command your ship like a STAR TREK way, lets put that way.

You need to worry about your actions instead of maneuvering the ship. It is all about the strategy and team work, when you face battle fleets fights.

The game is complex and can (and will) entertaining you for a long time. You have free will to decide your destiny. Want be a
    pirate and scam people, or leave inside a wormhole hunting invaders, it is up to you. You have some many place to explore as the EVE galaxy is HUGE, and so many ships to fly which different roles and ways of pilot" that you will like it a lot.

Other good aspect of the game is the relationship between developers and the community, that are composed of mature people. They always in touch and developers hear and produces what the communities ask in their bi-annual expansion. So you will play a game made by the feedback of other players that always looks for a way to improve the experience.

Give it a try and see if it suitable for you. Of course it is not for everyone.
  38. Jul 11, 2014
    The one and only MMORPG game what i can play more than 1 hour.
    I played much MMORPG's, from World of warcraft to blade and soul, everything is peace of **** without soul, i can't play the game with PRESS YOUR SKILL ROTATIONS instead of gameplay.
  39. Feb 8, 2014
    Eve is beautiful, extravagant and challenging. It has a unique ability to filter out 12 year old trolls with its difficult learning curve. For a older gamer like myself this provides a deeper sense of exploration because you never quite know what you will find or figure out next. The diverse group of gamers that play EVE provide a very realistic world in which there are genuinely helpful, interesting people that you may meet along the way but there are also pirates that will plunder you for all you've got. All this adds to the intense and relentless environment that you frequently visit on your travels. In the gigantic Galaxy of EVE there are thousands of planets all with different security ratings to provide you with knowledge of where you are visiting and where you shouldn't pass through; however tempting it is. EVE is like no other MMO and i highly recommend it to anyone looking for a challenging game to sink there teeth into. Its truly one of the best. Expand
  40. May 24, 2014
    Hard to learn-easy to master

Like I said. The first few hours of this game where a living hell. Tutorials didn't help. Controls made no sense. A dick community didn't help, either. But then I got used to it. I found a few people that helped me through the starting hours. I adjusted myself to the controls. Then it was great. Granted, this isn't much more than a standard MMO, but this
    time, it has space-ships. The game takes place entirely in the cockpit of a ship. You grind to get better parts, and a better ship. Simple as that. Granted, this is a very specific MMO, aimed at a specific audience. Its for people that will spent hours on end figuring it out. Once you get it, its fun. Your ship becomes a god, your raking in money, and who knows, you can even do some of that corporate sabotage. Expand
  41. May 12, 2014
    This game has had me hooked for a year so far. There is so much to do. The player to player interaction keeps you on your toes constantly even in the safest parts of the game. I'm absolubtly hooked to this game.
  42. Aug 17, 2014
    A game that is neither won or lost. Only experienced. This game has a large learning curve if you want PVP ( player vs player) or not if you want to just blow up computer ships. Playing PVE ( you vs the computer) requires running missions. You can only run so many before you fall asleep in your chair! Learning to fly the ship takes time....real time. Learning to PVP take lots of money and some one to teach you or LOTS of patience and LOTS of time. Even with all that time and training for PVP getting "blob'd" will be the norm and all the training and biggest or fastest ship you will loose. I have been playing for 5 years and its a love hate relationship...I love to hate it! If you want to play for enjoyment....join a corp! This is not a game for the "Loan Ranger". Its 5 years of my life I will never get back. Expand

1. EVE Online retains its old shortcomings (Not being able to leave your ship ord control it directly.), but certainly offers a lot of content for a small amount of your money.
  2. Despite some partially unfinished features and a few annoying balance issues, EVE Online is greater than the sum of its parts and the best "sandbox" MMO in a market cluttered by canned content. Still a bit harsh to newbies, but with the release of Apocrypha more accessible than ever before. If you can get over the initial hurdles, potentially more addictive than World of Warcraft - you have been warned.
  3. EVE Online: Apocrypha brings more territory to discover and explore and a softer learning curve.