EVE Online: Special Edition PC

7.7

1. KyleA
    Apr 21, 2010
    This game is beastly. It provides everything I want in an MMO. 1.Hard learning curve, so that basically means the chances of meeting douche little ten year-olds is rare. 2.Instant gratification doesn't exist. no everyday noob can have a bad-ass capital ship ship given to them. type of ship reflects experience of the pilot well. 3.Loads of different career paths. You can be a This game is beastly. It provides everything I want in an MMO. 1.Hard learning curve, so that basically means the chances of meeting douche little ten year-olds is rare. 2.Instant gratification doesn't exist. no everyday noob can have a bad-ass capital ship ship given to them. type of ship reflects experience of the pilot well. 3.Loads of different career paths. You can be a multi-Millionaire industrialist, 0.0 sec pirate, Bounty hunter, miner, the list goes on. 4.Player driven economy. When i say player driven I aint kidding, NPCs don't take part of the trading system AT ALL. 5.PvP. If you like pvp this game is your holy grail. whether your a pirate or bounty hunter, theres no greater feeling than sitting in a low sec area waiting for an unlucky sucker to warp in and have their ass jammed and blown to kingdom-kom. 6. Lots of motivation. their are always bigger and better ships out there you're just dying to get. 7. Repetitiveness doesn't exist. Every enemy you face, whether it be player or NPC, will be outfitted differently to take you out. 8.Consequences. If your the kinda guy who wants to screw with people and keep killing them over and over expect them to get back at you in the future because they'll gather a fleet up, have an agent locate where you are, set an ambush for you, and kill your ass. It's that simple. Yes the game is not new user friendly, it takes a long time to get used to, and if you have the attention span of a gnat this is NOT the game for you. Once again don't expect instant gratification, it takes months to train in the stuff you want to do. Expand
  2. Sep 13, 2010
    If you enjoy scamming people, playing highly unrealistic space battles where you can't have any real degree of control over your ship navigation, and stuffing around with the 'Market' then give EVE a try. You'll likely be taken in for at least a year if you are anything like me. But underneath it all EVE is actually a pretty poor vehicle covered in shiny paint. What you most likely won'tIf you enjoy scamming people, playing highly unrealistic space battles where you can't have any real degree of control over your ship navigation, and stuffing around with the 'Market' then give EVE a try. You'll likely be taken in for at least a year if you are anything like me. But underneath it all EVE is actually a pretty poor vehicle covered in shiny paint. What you most likely won't realise for some time is the level of permanence individual events have. Make bad choices early on in your skill training and you'll be screwed for some time if not permanently. Want to pilot one of the best ships in the game? Setup your skill queue and you'll be up and running in about 365 days.... and a few thousand dollars of real money. Sure you can earn the money in game if you like. Hopefully you are also the sort of person that likes Farmville, or repetitive tasks like sorting 1000 kilograms of peanuts and into 5 different grades... if that sounds boring to you I encourage you to try EVE's ice mining and compare the difference. Everything EVE appears to be in the first six months gives way to what EVE actually is. Not a sandbox, not the messiah, and a fairly average space shooter, with some decent game economics. If you're the sort of person who might rupture a blood vessel should you lose a ship that took you about 90 days of game time to pay for in one 2 minute session where you lag out and DC, don't play this game. If you're the sort of person who thinks star wars x-wing/tie fighter when you think space combat do not play this game. If you're the sort of person who has any degree of trust in people you've never met, well play the game, but prepare to be ripped off and blasted into shrapnel with great frequency. It's EVE the sandbox! and just below the surface it's full of turds. Expand
  3. Sep 20, 2015
    Don't fall into the trap of taking a long term subscription. Most people will tire of the game and the community very quickly. Eve Online does not refund your unused sub if you want to leave the game.
  4. Apr 8, 2015
    unless your an otaku with 20 hrs per day on your hands, you prob wont enjoy this game too much. high sec only serves as introduction area. playing vs npc is fun for a short amount of time but it doesnt cover "leveling up" 50 mio xp. low sec is you vs 50 noobs destroying you no problem. 0 sec is where the real action is. unfortunately whatever ur doing, lots of waiting is a big part of it.unless your an otaku with 20 hrs per day on your hands, you prob wont enjoy this game too much. high sec only serves as introduction area. playing vs npc is fun for a short amount of time but it doesnt cover "leveling up" 50 mio xp. low sec is you vs 50 noobs destroying you no problem. 0 sec is where the real action is. unfortunately whatever ur doing, lots of waiting is a big part of it. iam sorry guys, but waiting 80% of my gametime is not how i want my games. are you a spy ? omg, really it is just a game. Expand
  5. Dec 10, 2014
    Well, Eve online is very complex. And have many interesting features. But the feeling I have in the end is that the game is Pay-to-Wait... Not Pay-to-Play.
    This happens because every single skill in the game is limited by real world time spent in the skill... You can't simply hack more, or mine more , or spend a vacation doing stuff to increase statistics... If you want to fully experience all this game have to offer, you must pay and wait... for years, even, depending on what you are trying to achieve... This makes the game become old kind of quickly... And you feel kind of shut-off from many game features, for a long time (unless you resort to buying a character from other player)...
    This also means, that you don't have a rewarding experience exploring alternative character development... If you do a wrong decision, your character will be marked by that decision, and you will have to spend months trying to correct that... Or wait for another couple years to develop a better character... Another time, pay-to-wait.
    Yes, I agree, some people will find this a kind of a feature, and not an issue. That is why this game have good reviews as well... But I simply can't keep paying a game, and keep waiting, for years just to be able to experiment a game feature that was just there all the time...
  6. Nov 15, 2013
    Eve aspires to be something more than it is. Each expansion has not been fully completed and the game needs an overhaul. The game environment or galaxy is much to small to be considered a space simulation or a sandbox. By that I mean people are constantly everywhere and the limits are too overwhelming. Each zone has way too many people. Admittedly the game is mathematically huge, butEve aspires to be something more than it is. Each expansion has not been fully completed and the game needs an overhaul. The game environment or galaxy is much to small to be considered a space simulation or a sandbox. By that I mean people are constantly everywhere and the limits are too overwhelming. Each zone has way too many people. Admittedly the game is mathematically huge, but for PvP it is much too easy. PvP is so overwhelming in the game it should be renamed to Grieve or GriEVE online. The only thing you can expect to do in the personal goals department is build up your skills, which takes time, and there are smart ways to do it for good balance and have fun along the way unlike some of the misinformed negative reviews, and possibly your I.S.K. balance which newbs pronounce isk as if it is a word not an anagram for Inter-Stellar Kredits. Aside from that is is the experience of people interactions, which if you don't join as a huge guild like I did into the Goonswarm alliance, you are likely going to be backstabbed and not have much fun. In my opinion this game is much to oriented towards grieving players and it is supported too much. That is the community you are likely joining if you play. It is for some people and not for all. Good luck in your decision. I hope this helps. Expand
  7. Jun 15, 2013
    I'm all about big risk and reward in video games. I'm the guy who plays his ARPGs on the hardcore setting. I like winner-takes all competition. Back in the day I competed for the top ranking in the Warcraft PVP when it was so insane that you had to practically have no life to succeed. Therefore, I thought I'd be the perfect guy for the EVE Online Universe. I was wrong. I appreciate EVE'sI'm all about big risk and reward in video games. I'm the guy who plays his ARPGs on the hardcore setting. I like winner-takes all competition. Back in the day I competed for the top ranking in the Warcraft PVP when it was so insane that you had to practically have no life to succeed. Therefore, I thought I'd be the perfect guy for the EVE Online Universe. I was wrong. I appreciate EVE's freedom and brutal sandbox gameplay with a free market economy, but it's ruined by two things.

First, the gameplay itself is awful. Did you enjoy figuring out how to beat that well-designed impossibly hard boss in another MMO? No such thing in EVE. If you can't find another player or group of players to have an epic battle with, you're just floating around in dead space with nothing to do. There is never any guarantee that there will be some reasonable challenge in the EVE universe for you to jump into. Since the game is driven by players only, there will be many nights where you log in and there's absolutely nothing. Some people would put me down as an instant-gratification type for saying this. I always want there to be good challenging content in a game which was put there by the developer. I don't know why EVE can't have the best of both worlds.

The second issue is that the free market is sort of ruined by the fact that players can buy their way to the top with real world currency. This isn't necessarily a problem on its own, but when the game touts itself on its realistic economic principles, it sort of dampens the experience when an economic genius gets taken out by Captain Credit Card who never put any time or effort into earning his way.

At the end of the day, they can add as much of this sort of content as they want with these numerous expansions, but until they make the combat interesting and give players more to do than float around in the huge scary emptiness of space, it's never going to be a game I'll want to play again.
  8. Nov 23, 2013
    Being a EVE player since 2008 I did have some amazing times playing, 3 accounts 9 Chars.
    Then CCP decided to release 'Time Dilation', where a fight that would last 1 hour now last 10.
    Cause of the super slow mo where u can go have a shower make your dinner and maybe just maybe your guns have finished one cycle so u can fire a 2nd round. If you don't have a job and have plenty time on your hands as it slowly ticks by at 1 fps in the huge fleet fights this down turn this game is for you. Sadly life is far to hectic to be watching a screen that doesn't move half the time and I guarantee u will get bored with all the other feature mass fleet fights was where it was until that sad day....
  9. Dec 3, 2013
    7 years of this game and everything is still essentially the same. People will scam you or gank your ships just because they can. You will lose connection in a mission or pvp battle and come back with no ship. If you have no life or have too much money this is the game for you!
  10. Aug 22, 2013
    Only if you all knew the problem in Eve online. I been playing this game for like 5 years on and off and it can get annoying.
    1: Trust no one. What is your friend today can be your enemy tomorrow.
    2: if you like to be surrounded by a holes feel free to join. 3: if your looking for all the good stuff, its always in low sec. Never high sec. 4: Expect to take up to a full 90 days to
    1: Trust no one. What is your friend today can be your enemy tomorrow.
    2: if you like to be surrounded by a holes feel free to join.
    4: Expect to take up to a full 90 days to train out one specific skill set. When you need at least 4 major skills.
    a) Mission running skills because you have to do mission to get money just to start. Join a corp, you get plenty of money if they give it to you but your skills are so low in the beginning, your just a flee to swat. Trust me, your rookie ship will not put dent into anybody playing less then a month.
    b) ship skills mainly battleships if you plan to makes money from mission running.
    c) industrial skills is a must when players are over charging for everything. 1 billion isk for 1 round of small ammo that is only worth 1.50 isk per round. Scam #1
    d) mining skills if you are tired of paying the outrageous prices on the market. Mine it and manufacture it. Problem, all the high sec roid belts are usually wiped clean before you even have a chance to login to go mining.
    5. Getting skills takes way too long. Some skills costing you upwards of 30 days for lvl 5, which is your entire one month subscription. Great skill but too long of a wait. Capital ships try 6 months. Do you really want to wait 6 freaking months just to jump into a capital ship. I don't.
    6. Older players like to hassle the newb and noobs all days just to mess your game up while learning. If the older player loses a ship and get there standing smack down, its no true lost to them. Frankly, I hope they keep it up so eve be put out of business one day. No new players no new subscriptions no new revenue out of business.
    7, The ships itself is nice but they are too specific. Transport ships, I want to drop 8 small guns with hvy armor tank and pvp mid slots. But nooo. Pirate players can't kill you. I believe in China's law, China does not tolerate Pirates in Chinese waters. BANG!!! (WITH A 50 CAL) good bye.
    8. I hope you like getting screwed in this game and I hope the pirate players get hacked and watch their real life money get wiped out and their entire account never existed. That would be great. See how funny it really is when pirates is on the receiving end of their BS.
  11. G
    Dec 21, 2009
    Ok Graphics - Great potential for pvp - Poor Pve - Great economy - Moderate Learning curve - Poor Customer Service
  12. Feb 14, 2014
    "Players looking for repetitive gaming won't like EVE, whereas those with creative thinking will" says one of the trailers for EVE. "Oh God", thought I. "Finally something different. Totally disgusted with WoW kind of games". After a bit of youtube watching I decided to try out this beautiful looking, breathtaking and very brain-promising space simulation ready to buy subscription.
    ------
    After installation which also runs on MAC, I proceeded to character creation. "Very detailed, very easy to use" thought I with joy, taking care and time to perfection my in game myself. I can even get scarfs, even change lighting. What a beginning.
    ------
    I read with interest information about the in game factions and carefully chose my bloodline. Ready.
    ------
    "I wish you see this. I am in a vast, huge futuristic station. It's far bigger anything you've ever seen. Tutorial asks me to undock. Click. Now, I am actually flying in the space! I can zoom out and in totally, looking in every detail of my little ship. Or is it capsule? It's like an egg. Let me think why would it be shaped that way. Aerodynamics. Look at all these buttons around. I am sure all mean something and I am sure everything is there for a reason. Oh wait. I am flying.. ou, just straight towards a huge planet. It must be it's gravity pulling me down. Oh no, no.. how do I stop it? Oh... well.... I just flew trough planet."
    ------
    My simulation expecations were shattered. My hopes for learning about science were shattered. My illusions for exploring and knowing the Universe were shattered.
    ------
    Being let down, kept playing. My impression is going to improve. I learn a bits from tutorial. About ship equipment, wait, it reminds me a little bit of Wow gear or all other games, no, just coinsidance. About combat - you actually lock target and then press buttons and shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot. No, only coinsidance this game is about much more than that. It's not like the others. This game is made out of real players. Not any Npcs. Does it say agent? What does it do when I accept this mission? Oh. I have to fly somewhere, kill something and bring something back. No.. it's... did I use word coinsidance?
    ------
    Ehm... I do like 25th tutorial missions. I kind of stopped reading it. Only clicking accept, then wrap to (it's flying around 5 light years in a second) then take or kill and then come back, then complete mission. No, surely NPC is not going to tell me how amazing I am whatsoever, or that I did something noone has done before.
    ------
    Well.. it's like my 30hour of gameplay maybe and I... I feel like quitting. Or should I play another 1000 hours (people in Eve spent even 10.000 hours of pure gameplay) just to earn trillion or gear up or kill another player? Oh right, the original system such as this has its cost. You know, let me evaluate. In there, you have gun level 1. When you want gun level 2, you need money. To earn money you besically need to study a book. Wide one. When you get your gun level 2, you can kill player with gun level 1. Target him and ratatatatatatata shoot shoot shoot. And he actually detonates. I am not kidding.
    ------
    Today, right decision was made. Low security part of the Universe, that was my brave destination. With warm and eager heart I set my autopilot and watched all these wallpapers on the screen that look like stars and planets. I might put one on my desktop. Finally arriving. Ratatatatatatatata bum. I am webbed I cannot escape. I scream out for my life for the pirates to let me be. They do not listen. They charge. After amazing and memorable 2seconds fight I explode. Still in my capsule. Bum bum bum, my capsule explodes and with last swearing I end up my final breath, my body falls upon indifferentness of the Universe. This is the end.
    ------
    All of a sudden, i wake up in new, identical body. With all money, maybe even all skills having all ships I had in the dock. End of my story. Epic story. I heard EVE are submitting user stories? Will you help me to send them this one?
  13. Jul 25, 2014
    The main problem with this game is that you need multiple accounts or at least multiple characters on one account in order to play without ridiculous risk. Except it takes 6 months minimum for a character to fly the ships you need.

If you need a battleship and a covert ops frigate to run anomalies inside wormholes than you will have to wait a year. Otherwise you can sit in high security space and mine mindlessly.

Expect for your ship to be blown up by 10+ players sitting outside of the gates that you have to travel by. If you like to wait several years in order to sit outside an object with nine other people waiting for a ship to come through so you can blow it up then sign up now.

Eve encourages grieving with its mechanics and too many players have been playing for too long for anyone new to get a foothold.

If you are going to play don't fall for the discounts on multimonth subscriptions. i have over 150 days that I wont be bothering to log in for.
  14. JamesM.
    Dec 6, 2009
    I played EVE Online for around a year or two before deciding to quit a while back, and recently tried to get back in after playing WoW. I remember my time spent in EVE fondly, but starting a new character proved too unrewarding. While the game was a lot of fun being in 0.0 security space and not worrying about the in-game police, I realized that on this new character, I would have to wait I played EVE Online for around a year or two before deciding to quit a while back, and recently tried to get back in after playing WoW. I remember my time spent in EVE fondly, but starting a new character proved too unrewarding. While the game was a lot of fun being in 0.0 security space and not worrying about the in-game police, I realized that on this new character, I would have to wait several months to be able to reach the level I had previously attained. Even if I had billions of ISK to spend, I literally had to wait months while my character sat still in a space station, and the skillpoints clicked away while I was logged out, so that I could fly the ships that would actually do anything in 0.0 space. The game can be fun, but the skill system kills it for me now by serving as an insurmountable barrier to keep characters from having access to certain game mechanics. It would be different if I could actively do something to make the wait shorter, like levelling through combat or what have you, but skill training is the only way. It works out that through your early subscription months, you are paying a set fee to unlock skills very slowly, no matter how good you are, no matter how much money you have. The game is very fun once you truly have the freedom to do what you want, but getting there takes months of shelling out money for the subscription and waiting while a timer tells you when those skills are ready. Expand
  15. MartinK.
    Mar 18, 2010
    Really good and versatile game, you can practicly do what ever you want and in your own pace
  16. Joe
    Nov 1, 2009
    Simply an overated game. I read people talking about a high learning curve...i honestly did not notice that. It has good tutorial misions to get you started and the rest kinda explainst it self. The game looks nice, but game progress way to slow to keep me interested. to be honest after a couple of weeks I already got so bored with it that i stoped playing. I agree with the reviewer that Simply an overated game. I read people talking about a high learning curve...i honestly did not notice that. It has good tutorial misions to get you started and the rest kinda explainst it self. The game looks nice, but game progress way to slow to keep me interested. to be honest after a couple of weeks I already got so bored with it that i stoped playing. I agree with the reviewer that mentions it not a real MMO. It is mostly npc misions and not much interaction with other players. The pont here is not if you can aford to pay it every month, the point is that it is not worth it. All those people here that rates it with 10 receive probably in-game bonusus for writing the 10 star reviews. Expand
  17. LockH
    Jun 14, 2009
    Free and completely ridden of all boundaries telling you what you can't do in all its complexities, yet still dull and repetitive enough to deter most of the fun of that freedom.
  18. Jun 23, 2013
    Eve online, a very nice game for "cheaters". An game where softwares that changes the game play functionality at the client is allowed. If you dont like to see your ship destroyed by players that are using third softwares to get advantage, this game is not for you. But if you are the type of player that likes to use cheat to make you invulnerable, you will enjoy.
    Dont beleave me Just
    Dont beleave me Just check the game forums, there is a plenty of discussion about it.
    The game is full of bugs, and to talk with the support, you need to open an "petition" and wait at least 15 days to get an generic awnser.
    You will need to install 50 Gb of game data and, every day install patchs of bug correction, patchs that will fix some bugs but will create new bugs.
  19. May 19, 2013
    If your a Hardcore MMO gamer than EVE Online is the experience your looking for. Its depth is about as large as the universe its self and has an extremely high learning curve. While this may be good for those that have already found this gem, it does make it hard for new blood to enter. Despite this new pilots appear every day. With integration of a PS Network FPS called Dust 514 it adds aIf your a Hardcore MMO gamer than EVE Online is the experience your looking for. Its depth is about as large as the universe its self and has an extremely high learning curve. While this may be good for those that have already found this gem, it does make it hard for new blood to enter. Despite this new pilots appear every day. With integration of a PS Network FPS called Dust 514 it adds a unique game play element never before seen, where a PC player can unleash a fiery hell from the skies on a console fan boy. The entire economy is player driven, everything bought and sold is from the player base. Making for yet a another way to play eve, as a market SIM. Expand
  20. Aug 17, 2014
    A game that is neither won or lost. Only experienced. This game has a large learning curve if you want PVP ( player vs player) or not if you want to just blow up computer ships. Playing PVE ( you vs the computer) requires running missions. You can only run so many before you fall asleep in your chair! Learning to fly the ship takes time....real time. Learning to PVP take lots of money andA game that is neither won or lost. Only experienced. This game has a large learning curve if you want PVP ( player vs player) or not if you want to just blow up computer ships. Playing PVE ( you vs the computer) requires running missions. You can only run so many before you fall asleep in your chair! Learning to fly the ship takes time....real time. Learning to PVP take lots of money and some one to teach you or LOTS of patience and LOTS of time. Even with all that time and training for PVP getting "blob'd" will be the norm and all the training and biggest or fastest ship you will loose. I have been playing for 5 years and its a love hate relationship...I love to hate it! If you want to play for enjoyment....join a corp! This is not a game for the "Loan Ranger". Its 5 years of my life I will never get back. Expand
  21. May 11, 2015
    First off, allow me to introduce myself, i'm Andr. I've played eve online since 2007. I've done every possible thing there is to do inside of eve aside from supers. I started with just andr, but eventually my account numbers kinda grew as i explored more of eve. Anyways, eve WAS a really great game, but ever since they lost their economist [iirc he left for a better job] the game went downFirst off, allow me to introduce myself, i'm Andr. I've played eve online since 2007. I've done every possible thing there is to do inside of eve aside from supers. I started with just andr, but eventually my account numbers kinda grew as i explored more of eve. Anyways, eve WAS a really great game, but ever since they lost their economist [iirc he left for a better job] the game went down hill, but only because of their current leadership. Allow me to also say that some of their rulings involving multiboxing [multiple accounts] have gotten actual hand-eye-users banned. And now you see from my perspective of why I want my mains persona [older than my eve toon, i've had it for 10+yr] removed from their "monument" Expand
  22. Jun 25, 2016
    I have discovered where all the psychopaths go to play. While there are a lot of good people playing Eve, there are also quite a few people (if you can call them people) that need Eve to make them feel powerful. I doubt any of them could get a F-16 off the ground and by their own standards, that makes them morons. You know the kind.

Now... If you have money...
  23. CalumG
    Mar 14, 2010
    LOL, all the people who gave it a 0 sound like whiney noobs. Just because it takes a while to learn doesn't mean that its bad. Also the guy who said "First week you'll have maybe 500k ISK (in-game currency), and in a couple of weeks you'll have probably about 10 million isk, then in a couple months, you'll have about 70 mil" is talking rubbish. By my first week i had LOL, all the people who gave it a 0 sound like whiney noobs. Just because it takes a while to learn doesn't mean that its bad. Also the guy who said "First week you'll have maybe 500k ISK (in-game currency), and in a couple of weeks you'll have probably about 10 million isk, then in a couple months, you'll have about 70 mil" is talking rubbish. By my first week i had >50 million, maybe you were just carebear mining, and even then you must have been mining veldspar or something XD. Expand
  24. Aug 25, 2012
    To start I'm frankly not sure how this game is receiving a 8. There isn't really any input by the player when doing things in EVE. Majority of content is automated which creates a ton of bots in the game. PvP is pretty lack luster too. It's pretty much auto attack without much user input. Then there's the character progression ......again nothing involved other than adding it to yourTo start I'm frankly not sure how this game is receiving a 8. There isn't really any input by the player when doing things in EVE. Majority of content is automated which creates a ton of bots in the game. PvP is pretty lack luster too. It's pretty much auto attack without much user input. Then there's the character progression ......again nothing involved other than adding it to your "skill que." Basically nothing tangible in the game that makes a player be like ewww I want XYZ and this is how I'm going to obtain it. If you enjoy market type things (i.e. selling buying and making profits) this game might be for you...... The game is about as lack luster as the effort I put forth typing this in 4 minutes. Expand
  25. May 4, 2014
    Welcome to GriEVE Online. If you're a RL turd, this is the game for you. It's massively boring. CCP (the devs) are after your money, and to make ends meet, they'll encourage cheating / grieving. You can't trust anybody in this game. Have I mentioned how boring it is? It takes 2 years to be actually any good at flying ONE ship for PvP. Also, unless you multibox (which again is ENCOURAGED byWelcome to GriEVE Online. If you're a RL turd, this is the game for you. It's massively boring. CCP (the devs) are after your money, and to make ends meet, they'll encourage cheating / grieving. You can't trust anybody in this game. Have I mentioned how boring it is? It takes 2 years to be actually any good at flying ONE ship for PvP. Also, unless you multibox (which again is ENCOURAGED by CCP) you don't stand a chance in this game. Almost everybody is running at least 2 accounts.

This game is boring, the PvP sucks, and it takes forever to do anything. In other words, this game is not fun.

When you come home to play a game, do you want to have fun? Then EVE is not for you.
  26. Jun 27, 2013
    EVE Online hit its 10 year anniversary this year. It is one of only a few monthly sub MMO's left on the market. It has an ever expanding playerbase that now exceeds 500,000 players. It is unforgiving and brutal and has a massive learning curve. It has a UI that would make a genius cry.

There is no set way to play EVE. It rewards create thinking. It encourages ponzi schemes, AWOXing, market PvP, and scamming. The only time you are truly safe is when you are docked up in a station. Your spaceships are merely consumables. You will die and your spaceships will explode. Earn enough ingame money (ISK) and you can buy 30 day extensions to your account. Or join a player corporation, work your way up the ranks, and then steal all their money and ships.

EVE Online is not a kids game and you will find few 10 year old kids with enough patience to continue playing EVE. There is no "I win" button. Having the biggest spaceship does not make you more powerful. It will make you an easy target for smaller, far more agile ships.

There is no other MMO on the market like EVE. It stands alone as one of the deepest, most rewarding MMO's experiences released to date. Whole communities of EVE players generate daily content within and outside of the game. It is the ultimate sandbox.
  27. Mar 30, 2014
    The game itself is fabulous and if it were a single player game, EVE would be the perfect space based empire type game ever! The graphics are superb, the feeling of the vastness of space is well captured, ships, combat, equipment and technology is realistic, and your character development is quite diverse and well done. It's the other players you are forced to deal with that utterly ruinThe game itself is fabulous and if it were a single player game, EVE would be the perfect space based empire type game ever! The graphics are superb, the feeling of the vastness of space is well captured, ships, combat, equipment and technology is realistic, and your character development is quite diverse and well done. It's the other players you are forced to deal with that utterly ruin this game and make it unplayable.That is of course, unless you're a sadistic psychopath that actually likes harming people, if that's the case, this is the game for you.

Take everything you know about ganking, griefing, trolling, scamming, sociopathy, fraud, and the darkness of the human heart and forget it, any time spent in EVE will teach you a horrific new level of sickness that you had never thought possible in your wildest nightmares. You WILL encounter class 1 **** EVERYWHERE in the game wether, they're cheating you out of your goods and money in the markets or waiting to shoot you in the back as your defenseless shuttle arrives at the next warp gate, be prepared to deal with people empowered by the anonymity of the internet and a company that actually encourages bad behavior in their players.

The real life equivalent of this game would be stuck in a rush hour traffic jam surrounded by teenagers, all driving ridiculously loud, tricked out rice burners and blasting God awful music at physically harmful volume levels. All. The. Time.

Again, a great game ruined by the human garbage that play it. And that's a shame.
  28. SasukeH
    May 23, 2009
    I have been playing Eve for over 6 months now, and... frankly, anyone who tells you the game is too hard should just go back to playing WoW. If you want a game that requires you to learn and to adapt and to explore places that are oft-uncharted, then look no further. This is not a cookie-cutter MMO in any sense, in that it is constantly evolving and there is no one way to make money, or I have been playing Eve for over 6 months now, and... frankly, anyone who tells you the game is too hard should just go back to playing WoW. If you want a game that requires you to learn and to adapt and to explore places that are oft-uncharted, then look no further. This is not a cookie-cutter MMO in any sense, in that it is constantly evolving and there is no one way to make money, or do anything else for that matter. With Apocrypha, money making is incredibly simple and anyone who gives the game more than a passing glance can see that. The game itself is not without it's flaws however, but that is not to say they are game-breaking.... Anyways, bottom line, Eve is a great experience if you are willing to invest time and patience into an MMO that requires learning, and not just grinding. Expand
  29. EarlB
    Mar 9, 2010
    Good game, bad game mechanics - play for longer than 3 months it becomes a waste of time.
  30. RyanFortney
    Mar 12, 2010
    I just wanted to say that, anyone giving this game a 0, probably didn't have the attention span to get past the first sentence of the tutorial.

1. EVE Online retains its old shortcomings (Not being able to leave your ship ord control it directly.), but certainly offers a lot of content for a small amount of your money.
  2. Despite some partially unfinished features and a few annoying balance issues, EVE Online is greater than the sum of its parts and the best "sandbox" MMO in a market cluttered by canned content. Still a bit harsh to newbies, but with the release of Apocrypha more accessible than ever before. If you can get over the initial hurdles, potentially more addictive than World of Warcraft - you have been warned.
  3. EVE Online: Apocrypha brings more territory to discover and explore and a softer learning curve.