EverQuest II PC

7.3

1. SteveG.
    Nov 12, 2004
    It rocks.....but requiring a good machine to play a good and decent game.
  2. EricE.
    Jan 15, 2008
    In my opinion EQ2 is the best MMO on the market right now. It has a rough start during launch but Scott Hartsman turned the ship around and really set her on a path to success. For a 3 going on 4 year old game it still has graphics that are stunning and match it with ANY current MMO. However because of this you need a fairly decent gaming machine to handle it.
  3. EQFanatic
    Sep 6, 2008
    EQ2 is a great game, and I remember how awsome it is to finally get off that island. (In the 14-day trial, you're stuck there. But, I have only, ONLY 2 problems. 1: The characters are all too whiny and npcs are kind of ridiculous. 2: If you play as a dwarf of High elf or something, you HAVE to start off good (same with Iksar or dark elves, they HAVE to start as evil), and it takes EQ2 is a great game, and I remember how awsome it is to finally get off that island. (In the 14-day trial, you're stuck there. But, I have only, ONLY 2 problems. 1: The characters are all too whiny and npcs are kind of ridiculous. 2: If you play as a dwarf of High elf or something, you HAVE to start off good (same with Iksar or dark elves, they HAVE to start as evil), and it takes too long to get to the point that you can take a betrayal quest. Still, it's a good game, and a lot of the things that made the first EQ are present here. Expand
  4. BobDole
    Nov 18, 2004
    I gave it an 8. So far it's fun, but not without it's faults. If you're into MMORPG then you'd like this game, if not then don't get it.
  5. ArjayD.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Fantastic improvement from EQ. Graphics are excellent, UI is done well, Lots of quests and interaction. I am really enjoying playing it.
  6. TyrekeC.
    Sep 18, 2004
    This game puts all of the other Everquest games to shame! The grafics are GREAT (even tho i never tryed it cause it aint out) but still....visit www.everquest2.com to find more of infomation Everquest 2. You guys got to cheack out the Iksar and their inprovments! And the nem race Ratonga the Rat men...man i rate this a 10/10 good work and keep up with those improvments!!!
  7. NicholasB.
    Nov 23, 2004
    Love it, love it, love it.
  8. ScottA.
    Nov 29, 2004
    Best MOG I ever played. Incredible quests, crafting and immersion. Awesome.
  9. KentL.
    Nov 8, 2004
    I played the game in beta....it's incredible. Graphically rich with no shortage of quests for both solo and group players, EverQuest II is a worthy great great great grandchild of EverQuest I. I'm barely even aware of other games either recently or nearly released.
  10. LeighM.
    Dec 17, 2004
    What a Huge Amazing Game. The only this is you need a monster of a machine to play this!
  11. Sep 15, 2010
    It could simply be said that any MMO which has been around this long and still has new players buying the game and sticking to it is great/ However, with a great player base, an enormous amount of content to explore and use, and constant updates, EverQuest II is a (far)beyond amazing game. Be ready to meet great people, explore endless lands, and never be bored of it. The only downside toIt could simply be said that any MMO which has been around this long and still has new players buying the game and sticking to it is great/ However, with a great player base, an enormous amount of content to explore and use, and constant updates, EverQuest II is a (far)beyond amazing game. Be ready to meet great people, explore endless lands, and never be bored of it. The only downside to this game is that it can sometimes be difficult to get a dungeon party. EQ2 is a definite must-have and easily a 9/10. Expand
  12. LuckbadthePirate
    Jun 1, 2006
    By far the best MMO out at the moment. It has everything any player who is a fan of the standard MMORPG model could want, whether you're a PvE or PvP player. EverQuest II updates more often than any other game out there for free, and has had more content in the form of expansions and adventure packs than any of the competition.

If you are into online gaming and haven't tried

If you are into online gaming and haven't tried this game out, do so. You can try it out for free at trialoftheisle.com.
  13. DKing
    Oct 14, 2005
    Simply the best, most engrossing game I've ever played.
  14. JuaksD.
    Dec 11, 2004
    Fantastic!
  15. LeslieA.
    Jan 14, 2005
    Beautiful! Of course you need a pretty wicked system (I had to go out and get a new graphics board - nothing like having to spen an extra $150 to be able to use a Christmas present!!) to be able to play...I am not very far into it as work and sleep seem to interfere with my gaming time, but I think I will enjoy this even more than plain old EQ...
  16. Nov 19, 2011
    I played the original Everquest very little. By the time I discovered what it was all about, EQ2 was just around the corner. Since that time, I've played just about every MMO to come out on the market. I plan on reviewing the core game here, and I'll toss a different review for each of the subsequent expansion packs. At the early stages of EQ2, when everything was new, it was an absoluteI played the original Everquest very little. By the time I discovered what it was all about, EQ2 was just around the corner. Since that time, I've played just about every MMO to come out on the market. I plan on reviewing the core game here, and I'll toss a different review for each of the subsequent expansion packs. At the early stages of EQ2, when everything was new, it was an absolute addiction. There is so much content to explore. Even if you decide not to quest, it was a great time to just explore the world, chat with other people, discover new, powerful enemies, and utilize teamwork to take down the games toughest challenges. I hate to compare games to other games. Every game is different (for the most part) and for EQ2, it's the little, often overlooked differences from every other MMO out there that make it, in my opinion, a better game than the alternatives. Overall, it's a great experience if you have the time to devote to it. Expand
  17. May 14, 2012
    This is a 7 year old game - with new content and features releases every 6 months. As a result - its HUGE with 5 different locations/quest-lines to get from level 1-30 and at least 3 ways to get from 30-60. I played 5 years before I got bored. Tried SWTOR but it was a pale imitation. Look for a busy server - the game handles high populations fine.
  18. Apr 6, 2013
    It was either this game or WoW for me, as they both came out at the same time. I really enjoyed the look and mechanics of EQ2 better than WoW hence my rating, but thats my personal opinion....
  19. Apr 27, 2013
    Probably my favourite game of all time. EQ2 has all the depth you could ever want from an MMO it's a shame it lost so many players to WoW early on and the place is a ghost town now. Quests that can take weeks or MONTHS to complete but are actually WORTH the time, I can't say that about any other game. There was never a better feeling of achievement than when I got my Mythical in EQ2, noProbably my favourite game of all time. EQ2 has all the depth you could ever want from an MMO it's a shame it lost so many players to WoW early on and the place is a ghost town now. Quests that can take weeks or MONTHS to complete but are actually WORTH the time, I can't say that about any other game. There was never a better feeling of achievement than when I got my Mythical in EQ2, no other game has made me work so hard for something but also made it feel like it was worth all the time spent. I don't think I'll ever play another game as good as EQ2 and I'm proud to say I played the hell out of it for over 6 years! Expand
  20. Dec 8, 2013
    Great game. I have actually just returned to it after 6 years away. Picked up my level 80 paladin and moving toward the level cap again. My family is playing as well. The quests are a little dated and simple: kill 10 of these and return, etc. But the epic and heritage quests are great. The Housing is the absolute best with a million options and is a complete side hobby unto itself.Great game. I have actually just returned to it after 6 years away. Picked up my level 80 paladin and moving toward the level cap again. My family is playing as well. The quests are a little dated and simple: kill 10 of these and return, etc. But the epic and heritage quests are great. The Housing is the absolute best with a million options and is a complete side hobby unto itself. Very much enjoying myself again in this huge Everquest universe. Expand
  21. Dec 24, 2013
    This game is 9 years old and stil the best MMO out there for those that don't want their hand held and everything just given to them. My only complaint it the population on the PvP server has fallen too low. Game was just never advertised properly and sub-par WoW eclipsed it.

1. So while EverQuest II isn't the massive step for the genre that its predecessor was, it can still be a fun and addictive online role-playing experience that has a lot to offer new and experienced players alike.
    All of these details get wound into a very straightforward game world that is absolutely packed with quests and other things to do. In most MMOs, characters spend their first 10 or 20 levels looking for enough things to do to earn better powers and weapons. Here, a ceaseless barrage of possible tasks begins with the orientation area (on the Isle of Refuge) and continues deep into the game.
  3. Challenging games are becoming an endangered species in the MMORG genre; several of the latest releases seem to cater to the lowest common denominator of the gaming community. EverQuest II reverses that trend.