8.4

1. Nov 4, 2013
    One of the greatest base builders ever made. Still fantastic and totally playable to this day. Atmospherically this captures the feel of the 60s bond movies perfectly and who doesn't want to build their own evil volcano lair, I ask you!
  2. Feb 17, 2013
    A great game. I'd even go so far as to say it is a classic. There are a few issues, such as a minion named Red Ivan loving to blow up your base by using his rocket launcher indoors, and one or two things I wish it had (like more maps), but since everything else is great, it is very hard to complain. Particularly praiseworthy are the deep gameplay possible with doors and traps, theA great game. I'd even go so far as to say it is a classic. There are a few issues, such as a minion named Red Ivan loving to blow up your base by using his rocket launcher indoors, and one or two things I wish it had (like more maps), but since everything else is great, it is very hard to complain. Particularly praiseworthy are the deep gameplay possible with doors and traps, the memorable henchmen, and the way it is all tied together with an engaging theme. Even the music is great. Cheesy, but great. If you like base building or defense games, you owe it to yourself to try this. Expand
  3. Mar 24, 2013
    About the most fun you can have with a single player game, playing on hard difficulty will grind your brain, but hey, it's on hard difficulty for a reason!
  4. Aug 7, 2013
    A very fun game. think Dungeon Keeper, but where you play a james bond'esque villain where you try to take over the world. You get henchmen to buld your base, guard it and even fool turists to try and keep your activities unknown.

Sadly there are only 2 levels, but with all the reasearch and the length of time missions can take this is a game you can play for hours on end with the many different traps and science devices you can strap agents too, uncluding a laser like the classic bond film, Gold Finger. One hell of a buy if you ask me :)

I highly recommend altering the gaming code for more minions as 100 is very small when you start getting secret agents coming on your island and massacreing everyone.

1. Everywhere you look there's another cute animation and another cool gadget. Combine this with an addictive research tree and a challenging campaign, and you have yourself a great combination of "Dungeon Keeper" and "Austin Powers" - just not a very long one. [Oct 2004, p.94]
  2. Now RTS's are generally a little slow for me, but Evil Genius has a few elements that you have to control simultaneously, so you won't have to sit and wait long for something to build or develop.
  3. The rare success of style over substance. It has everything an Austin Powers movie offers, but draws it out over twenty hours instead of two. There are sparks of genuine delight that make you wish the game was balanced better.