E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy PC

6.9

1. Nov 26, 2012
    Like all cunning satires, E.Y.E. is in many ways better than the media tropes, games, and films it makes fun of. Cyberpunk wasn't a setting or a look and feel - all of that is just how the mainstream received William Gibson - it was deconstructing and rebelling against an odious and bloated genre of science fantasy. E.Y.E. is continuing that - the garbage dialogue that everyone goes onLike all cunning satires, E.Y.E. is in many ways better than the media tropes, games, and films it makes fun of. Cyberpunk wasn't a setting or a look and feel - all of that is just how the mainstream received William Gibson - it was deconstructing and rebelling against an odious and bloated genre of science fantasy. E.Y.E. is continuing that - the garbage dialogue that everyone goes on about is mocking the player for being docile enough to enjoy a Skyrim-style subquest whose author uses every cliche in the book to try and make the gamer care about a digital non-entity. This game is saying "stuff all that, have a proper bloody cyberpunk gunfight: Gibson, Harlan Ellison, Blade Runner etc etc were all very literary and clever but all they really bequeathed us was a desire to blast through gangs of punks with a cybernetically enhanced warrior". And that's what this game is - the sorts of gunfight Robocop would have - you'll blitz through wave after wave of inferior beings with a cybernetic killing machine. Then your clip will run out and you'll get pinned down and have to be repeatedly resurrected. Like the cyberpunk tropes. My favourite is the factory in the first level, the inside of which looks exactly like the aftermath of the fight between Sgt. Motoko and the robot tank at the end of Ghost in the Shell. Like they just didn't tidy up afterward, left the bits of the tank there, and hundreds of years later it's a location in a game. This is like Syndicate without the backstory (!?) - cyberpunk's backstory is the ruins of human literature. Expand
  2. Jul 14, 2012
    People keep saying this game is severely bugged, and that it's extremely clunky and frustrating. I won't argue against it because it's true. But despite all that, this game is the closest thing to games as a pure art form from a narrative point of view. And even then, the aesthetics are unique, the gameplay is unique, and, above all, the metaconcepts of gaming are unique. The ending ofPeople keep saying this game is severely bugged, and that it's extremely clunky and frustrating. I won't argue against it because it's true. But despite all that, this game is the closest thing to games as a pure art form from a narrative point of view. And even then, the aesthetics are unique, the gameplay is unique, and, above all, the metaconcepts of gaming are unique. The ending of this game (the TRUE ending, after the mandatory three playthroughs) is the most astonishing, reflexive, fantastic and all around incredible endings ever conceived in any art form. Is simply perfect. One of the best games I have ever played. I dare any new game to beat this ending. Expand
  3. Aug 11, 2011
    Like most of players playing this game for first time, i was confused many things all together, no introduction only a list of boring tutorials, an strange history and enviroment but every time i play this game again likes me more and more, its have much variety, strong and dificult IA, enemies everywhere you never safe must run, hide, cloak, kill everytime. Definitely a good andLike most of players playing this game for first time, i was confused many things all together, no introduction only a list of boring tutorials, an strange history and enviroment but every time i play this game again likes me more and more, its have much variety, strong and dificult IA, enemies everywhere you never safe must run, hide, cloak, kill everytime. Definitely a good and innovative game but needs to improve its inventory system and weapons suply Expand
  4. Jun 13, 2013
    A nice detailed and immersive experience. No. A Masterpiece. Just the thing games need so badly. I honestly cannot think of any flaws to name... the art-work and totality of the game just crush any minor complaints. Most irks are brought up when people expect a flashy shooter and don't want or don't have the mental capacity to invest in an artistically wondrous game.

This one's rather

This one's rather an experience. Not a mindless one at that.

If you're confused, concentrate and think, dammit.

That's not to say if you didn't enjoy you're inferior but rather that people used to games holding their hands *should* try and invest in some more independently-minded titles even if they don't like it the problem's on their end.

And all that talk about bad localizations and too omnipotent enemies is trash. People are disgusted by (insane) originality and a hard game, that's all there is to it. Also, people aren't used to a truly oppressive and haunting setting. This *is* true mental and depicted dystopia we're presented here. The game often feels like a Lynch movie!

As to similarities, EYE is akin to the original Deus Ex, moreso Doom 1 and 2, and in its level-up the original Diablo with some extra depth to it. References are made to many cyberpunk wonders, including Ghost in the Shell. And in its lore it feels like a slightly more abysmal and dreamlike world of Warhammer or of Texhnolyze the animated series.

If you can still play original Doom, Deus Ex and Diablo games with joy, this one's right for you!
  5. Apr 18, 2014
    I feel like much of the criticism towards E.Y.E is due to a lack of understanding. This game is not Deus Ex, Stalker, or Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. This is not a game that offers stealth gameplay, hacking, and shooting rolled into one. Indeed, this game's closest relative is probably Serious Sam.

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is a game about shooting things. You can choose from a

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is a game about shooting things. You can choose from a large variety of weapons, and there are usually a few ways to approach every situation. It's very open-ended, for an FPS. The game's aesthetic draws inspiration from cyberpunk works, such as Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell, while also giving many nods towards franchises such as Warhammer 40,000. Stealth and hacking elements exist to assist you in murdering people. They are tools, rather than styles of play. Enemies respawn, which may seem irritating at first, but then you realise that if they didn't, there wouldn't be very many people for you to shoot.

If murdering dozens of men every mission doesn't sound appealing to you, then you probably won't like this game. If you want am FPS experience like no other, you might just enjoy it. It's extremely niche, but it satisfies the needs of this niche group like no other game can.
  6. Nov 11, 2012
    Very refreshing, turn up difficulty and spawn rate for a better experience. Main problem for me was how weak the psi powers felt compared to guns, with which there was essentially infinite ammo.
  7. Dec 12, 2013
    As jpnole said, this game is a rare gem, a bit rough around the edges, but casuals should, and WILL definitely overlook this. Perhaps the most defining thing about this game is the deep story that delves into the psychology of humanity and more importantly, your character, which is apparently stuck in a mental limbo of some sort, trying to free himself while also searching for answers. TheAs jpnole said, this game is a rare gem, a bit rough around the edges, but casuals should, and WILL definitely overlook this. Perhaps the most defining thing about this game is the deep story that delves into the psychology of humanity and more importantly, your character, which is apparently stuck in a mental limbo of some sort, trying to free himself while also searching for answers. The dark Hardcore Cyberpunk setting, music and characters all contribute to the overall feeling of the game and combined with the high difficulty, 64 player COOP multiplayer and the intricate RPG system this game is simply one of the best FPSs I've ever seen.. It has bugs, considering it was made by a very small team, and its translation is quite rough (though there are fan patches around that make it much better), but if you can overlook a few common glitches casuals can't take, then this game is a definite buy. TL;DR if you aren't a simple-minded casual and enjoy Hardcore Cyberpunk buy this game right now. Note I gave this a 10 to balance the score but considering it has a few rough edges it is a very solid 9.0. Expand
  8. Aug 19, 2014
    Makes me want to become a homosexual and do meth.

This FPS deserves a reboot or remake, the content and gameplay is incredibly well made and executed.
    The fish AI is out of this world (take that call of duty)
  9. Aug 25, 2011
    I like this game. It has a plot, but you have lots of freedom. playabilityis a big plus in this game. You can do missions while farming money, patterns and research. The gameplay is not easy, at least for today's standards. The multiplayer part is easy to get into. There are lots of games running and you can join at any moment. On the other hand, if you play with strangers, it's mostly aI like this game. It has a plot, but you have lots of freedom. playabilityis a big plus in this game. You can do missions while farming money, patterns and research. The gameplay is not easy, at least for today's standards. The multiplayer part is easy to get into. There are lots of games running and you can join at any moment. On the other hand, if you play with strangers, it's mostly a zerg. There's no team tactics or anything, just storm the objectives. Expand
  10. Sep 19, 2011
    This is a very fun Diablo FPS, but it's also a flawed game with a low level of polishing. Rough, many unpolished edges but mixed with diamonds not only in the skies. If you can't bear low polished games flee that game. If you can't bear games without nice pretty graphics, flee that game. If you can't bear a story with a clean professional writing, flee that game. If you can't bear a storyThis is a very fun Diablo FPS, but it's also a flawed game with a low level of polishing. Rough, many unpolished edges but mixed with diamonds not only in the skies. If you can't bear low polished games flee that game. If you can't bear games without nice pretty graphics, flee that game. If you can't bear a story with a clean professional writing, flee that game. If you can't bear a story where at end many points remain obscure and mysterious, flee that game. BUT if you want try a crude psychedelic Cyberpunk game, here your game. If you want try a fun Diablo FPS, here your game and quote its gameplay is a lot more fun than Hellgate London. If you want try a weird but fascinating Cyberpunk lore and story, here your game. If you want try a fun action FPS with a confuse but fairly deep class system, here your game. If you are curious about gameplay that are different, here your game. If you have some culprit and persistent fascination for underground stuff, here is your game. Expand
  11. Jan 2, 2012
    I genuinely like this game. It has fantastic gun-play, many fun abilities and top notch visuals for a source game. However, it has many things holding it back. To name a few:
    1- A horrid French-to-English translation
    2- Poor optimization 3- A confusing cluttered interface 4- Your saves may become corrupt unexpectedly (You could always counter this by backing up your saves, but I'd assume
    1- A horrid French-to-English translation
    2- Poor optimization
    3- A confusing cluttered interface
    4- Your saves may become corrupt unexpectedly (You could always counter this by backing up your saves, but I'd assume many gamers would prefer not to).

All in all I'd say that it's worth its current price ($9.99 USD). I've had fun with it and intend to have even more.
  12. Aug 15, 2011
    This is a rare indie gem. If you like Sci-Fi, FPS, RPGs and huge open levels then this game is for you. Though it's built on the older Source engine, the game world is simply stunning. What sucks you in is the atmosphere. It's truly a unique game world and will leave you wanting to explore the levels thoroughly. The RPG system is very deep. You can play your character in many different wayThis is a rare indie gem. If you like Sci-Fi, FPS, RPGs and huge open levels then this game is for you. Though it's built on the older Source engine, the game world is simply stunning. What sucks you in is the atmosphere. It's truly a unique game world and will leave you wanting to explore the levels thoroughly. The RPG system is very deep. You can play your character in many different way depending on what build you like. Hacking, stealth, melee, sniper, assault style, ninja style, PSI abilities, cyber implants. The list goes on and on and on. One thing that stands out about EYE is that you can advance your character via both single & multiplayer. The coop is fantastic. The devs keep in good contact via the Steam forum for EYE and have vowed to patch and support their popular new game. This will be the best $20 you spent on a game in a long time! Expand
  13. Jul 14, 2012
    An absolute masterpiece. It's quirky, but if you endure until the true end, where the game's meaning lies in, it's a masterpiece. Definitely something you must get if you're not only looking for a game, but for an experience.
  14. May 9, 2012
    While I concede that this game is highly flawed, it is still fun and creative. Combat is skillful and fun and the character customization system was interesting and useful. You can keep your characters and enjoy the work you put into creating them. A lot of people complained about the interface, but I personally liked it. Despite the incomprehensible plot with only tangential connection toWhile I concede that this game is highly flawed, it is still fun and creative. Combat is skillful and fun and the character customization system was interesting and useful. You can keep your characters and enjoy the work you put into creating them. A lot of people complained about the interface, but I personally liked it. Despite the incomprehensible plot with only tangential connection to the gameplay, I WAS HAVING FUN. I guess that whether or not you like this game is related to your preference towards triple-A mainstream games. If you think that Halo and Call of Duty 4 are the best games ever, then you won't like E.Y.E. If you like bold ideas and creativity, then jump right into E.Y.E: Cyber-Cyber-Cyber-Warriormonk! Expand
  15. Aug 15, 2011
    I love Divine Cybermancy. With its gameplay and themes it references many of my all time favorite games. Deus Ex, for its open world feel, and character progression. Marathon for its intricate story telling. Planescape Torment, for its life loop theme. There is even an enemy that looks like the aliens from my favorite strategy game of all time, Space Hulk. Built on the Source Engine, itI love Divine Cybermancy. With its gameplay and themes it references many of my all time favorite games. Deus Ex, for its open world feel, and character progression. Marathon for its intricate story telling. Planescape Torment, for its life loop theme. There is even an enemy that looks like the aliens from my favorite strategy game of all time, Space Hulk. Built on the Source Engine, it has been crafted to a gun gameplay that is far more fun than Half Life 2 in my staste. The guns feel meaty, and are just play fun to use. This game has a finely crafted story behind it, which tickles the imagination. Very few games in the history of video games have accomplished this. The feeling of uncovering a deeply layered story. Marathon (and old fps mac game) was the first game that ever accomplished this. I have great respect for this indie developer, with its limited resources, it has made a truely unique game that every fps or cyberpunk fan needs to try! Expand
  16. Aug 15, 2011
    If you you strive for sheer excellence and the polish of a triple A title then this is not the game for you; although if you appreciate pure audacity and an expanse of different customizable features, a solid fps and a game which fully utilizes a experience that could only be possible with PC gaming; then I believe this is a perfect game for you. The only problem I can find with this gameIf you you strive for sheer excellence and the polish of a triple A title then this is not the game for you; although if you appreciate pure audacity and an expanse of different customizable features, a solid fps and a game which fully utilizes a experience that could only be possible with PC gaming; then I believe this is a perfect game for you. The only problem I can find with this game is the font size within the menu and this is such a minor grievance which is barely even worth a mention.
    This game strives to break any preconceived notion about a fps and for this alone I am extremely happy with this purchase however this game will likely cause a vast amount of different opinions.
    Overall if you enjoy existing triple A titles and purchase this game then don't expect a Call of Duty like experience, however if your open to having your beliefs challenged and like the proposition of a 32 player co-op then you should buy this now!
  17. Aug 25, 2011
    E.Y.E. is a great game with a great concept and only a few hindering aspects to it. First off, for an Indie title, the graphics, freedom, and gameplay mechanics are astounding. The game offers numerous play styles and does most of them well. As the preview video and advertisements suggest, there are plenty of different ways to tackle each scenario, whether that involve charging into theE.Y.E. is a great game with a great concept and only a few hindering aspects to it. First off, for an Indie title, the graphics, freedom, and gameplay mechanics are astounding. The game offers numerous play styles and does most of them well. As the preview video and advertisements suggest, there are plenty of different ways to tackle each scenario, whether that involve charging into the action head on, hacking turrets and/or enemies to do your bidding, taking a stealthy approach using a cloaking system and silenced weapons, using PSI (essentially magic) to clone yourself/implode your foes/etc, and many more.

One of the most common complaints about E.Y.E. is the fact that the UI is very confusing and clunky. This is true at first, but it is fairly efficient and simple when you get used to it. Personally, MY biggest complaint would be in how characters act. There is the occasional line that might make you chuckle, but for the most part, the dialog is straightforward and dry. No characters are really likeable, which makes it difficult to decide on where your loyalties lie towards the end of the game (no spoilers, but this has an impact on how the story goes from that point forward).

Speaking of story, that is where my only other major complaint comes in. Until you near the end of the game, there aren't very many moral decisions to make as far as actions go (sometimes there are decisions in dialog, but you can't change mission objectives depending on how you feel about them). There are a few sections where you will have a bit of variety in options (e.g. kill someone, hack something, or bribe someone), but they all have the same outcome and have little effect on the story. My second complaint with the story would be the fact that it is vague and confusing at times, and the ending isn't very satisfying.

All complaints aside, the story is still well-written and unpredictable enough to remain interesting. As far as concept goes, I think the idea of a cyberpunk FPS with RPG elements, stunning environments, and several playstyle options is pretty freakin' cool. While difficult to get good at melee combat, there is nothing more satisfying than charging a fed, blocking his bullets, then cutting him down with a katana. PSI can really change up the game as you unlock some of the later abilities, which are all wonderfully unique. Hacking can make a scenario far easier by having turrets on your side, and is a necessity at times, making it useful for all playstyles. Of course, the shooting mechanics are great as well. There is a nice variety in weapon categories, from melee to assault rifles to snipers to heavy weapons (with a few types in between), and each category usually has three weapons, each unique in their own role. For example, there are three assault rifles, one of which is balanced and versatile with multiple firing modes, one is powerful and accurate with semi-automatic firing, and one that is weaker but with a high fire rate and improved close-quarters capability.

Besides the occasional crash, most of the bugs are minor, such as an ammo clip or two changing to that of a weapon you were previously using. E.Y.E. is fairly well localized, with the occasional translation derp, but never to the point where it is hard to understand. Replayability is very good, granting the option to restart the game with your current gear, abilities, and stats, but be able to make different choices and try out/improve other playstyles. Overall, E.Y.E. is a great and unique game that exceeded my expectations and was well worth buying. I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of cyberpunk and/or FPSs and/or RPGs.

-Spenczar
  18. Aug 11, 2011
    First I must say that If you have problems understanding things like the â
  19. Aug 17, 2011
    Truly,I can say with a straight face, that E.Y.E is the indie equivalent of a diamond in the rough. But make no mistake, this game is not for the casual player. It will take an open mind and an open heart if you want to see past some occasionally frustrating designs. E.Y.E is like a Deus Ex, Stalker, Half-Life... thing, but manages to carve out its own identity as a FPS/RPG. First off isTruly,I can say with a straight face, that E.Y.E is the indie equivalent of a diamond in the rough. But make no mistake, this game is not for the casual player. It will take an open mind and an open heart if you want to see past some occasionally frustrating designs. E.Y.E is like a Deus Ex, Stalker, Half-Life... thing, but manages to carve out its own identity as a FPS/RPG. First off is the gameplay, and I its fair to say that E.Y.E may have some of the deepest character progression I have ever seen. The game divides its play styles into three major branches, combat, tech, and psychic, as well as any combination of these abilities. The genius of E.Y.E shines through when you use cyber jump to leap across rooftops or spawning a miniature clone squadron. Or maybe the ability to hack anything and everything will appeal to you. Or maybe you just want to go guns blazing. E.Y.E is prepared to accommodate any gamers playing style. Every mission is free-roaming, there are literally hundreds of ways to reach your objective. The game won't stop there though, its determined to immerse you in the E.Y.E experience. Die to many times, or fight to many horrors, and a weak willed character will slip into a schizophrenic madness. Death is common, and it can be cruel and merciless to the point that you may sustain permanent injuries (although none of these are a serious disadvantage), and the AI seems to possess some form of omniscience that makes stealth a sometimes frustrating challenge. The gunplay is rock solid. Its fast, frantic, and hard. Pistols alone pack a heavy punch in the proper hands, and enemies have little health, but so do you. The result is intense firefights that will have you paranoid with your back against the wall, scanning desperately for that drone you THINK you killed. The universe of E.Y.E is hit or miss. In my case, I was so baffled by the game's universe that I couldn't help but read every archive, journal, and dialogue in the hopes I could gain comprehension. But even after my first 5 hours of game time I realized I hadn't even scratched the surface of the plot. While that may intrigue some players, like myself, I know it may displease other, who will simply be overwhelmed by all this information (the occasionally poorly translated text doesn't help much either). Another hit and miss feature is E.Y.E's UI. While I like the idea of manual reloading and the quick wheel, there is quite a steep learning curve for navigating the menus. The tutorials also are not well designed, you may be better off reading a wiki, or asking a friend to explain things to you. As far as graphics go, its nothing face-melting. The game is built on the Source engine, and while its still a solid program, the graphics have Source's aged graphics, with some objects looking blocky and textures aren't particularly impressive. The game does have some unique environments, and weapons look surprisingly good as well, but it won't help you ignore some mediocre enemy designs, and some near empty spaces. Lastly the game does have some glitches, most of which are not game-breaking, but Streum has promised frequent updates to and are already pledging competitive multiplayer in addition to the already earth shaking 32-player co-op. E.Y.E is nowhere near perfection, and yet it may be the most ambitious and impressive indie game I have ever purchased. In the end E.Y.E will garner two opinions. To the normal gamer, E.Y.E is apt to come off as unforgiving, confusing, and overambitious. And yet to the gamer who wants something different, something truly original, E.Y.E is the $20 godsend you've been asking for. Expand
  20. Sep 5, 2011
    If I said there was an indie FPS/RPG just out, that had had a bit of the soul of the original Dues Ex, System Shock 2, Vampire: Bloodlines, Omikron: Nomad Soul and X-Com, you might think I am mad. But I am not. I am describing the fantastic RPG shooter called E.Y.E. Divine C6ybermancy!
  21. Aug 13, 2011
    E.Y.E. is a decent game that although is lacking in some parts makes up for it in others. Still, I can't play this game because every 30 minutes it crashes.
  22. Nov 29, 2011
    This game has a lot of interesting mechanics combined into a game. While it was very unstable at launch, in my opinion it's excusable because of the clearly evident lack of manpower towards creating this game. It delivers in many senses (Like combat, RPG varieties and statistics, etc.), while at the same time it falls sub-par of being a really good RPG FPS indie title (like STALKER or DuesThis game has a lot of interesting mechanics combined into a game. While it was very unstable at launch, in my opinion it's excusable because of the clearly evident lack of manpower towards creating this game. It delivers in many senses (Like combat, RPG varieties and statistics, etc.), while at the same time it falls sub-par of being a really good RPG FPS indie title (like STALKER or Dues Ex). Overall a game worth playing, if you're into old school RPGs or old school FPS. It's a literal concoction of both. Expand
  23. Mar 11, 2014
    If you expect this game to teach you how to play it, you're gonna have a bad time. It takes a significant amount of effort to get into and understand because the leveling system and game world are left unexplained, and both are perplexing by nature.

While the game doesn't have the smoothness of combat you would find in a modern game, this game has some good potential for co-op play. The game world itself is unique, dark and cryptic. The whole game itself kind of feels like a dream, or more fittingly, a nightmare. When you finally reach the end, IF you ever figure out how, you realize just how tragic the whole struggle is.

The atmosphere sold this game to me. The FPS mechanics may not be top notch, the game definitely feels "clunky" as someone else said. But this game has a certain strange charm that for some reason impresses the hell out of me.
  24. Jun 24, 2014
    After about 30 minutes of studying the basic gameplay elements and lore of the game, I became completely immersed and I'm still having a blast. This is a surprisingly well made game, considering it was made using the Source engine, which is an achievement by itself.

Pros: The gunplay is extremely satisfying with every weapon feeling like it should; The game has a lot of replay value

Pros:
    The gunplay is extremely satisfying with every weapon feeling like it should;
    The game has a lot of replay value with the option to pick different classes and playstyles with new characters, not to mention the multiplayer that could double your entire playtime;
    A variety of enemies and ways to kill them. The gore is very satisfying and the ragdoll physics make it much more responsive and fun;
    Nicely made interface, I really like the way zooming with weapons works.
    Lots of choices on how to play the game. You can change AI difficulty to your taste (reaction times, footstep recognition, etc.), respawn times, game difficulty and all kinds of variables that can drastically change the way you're going to have to play the game.

Cons:
    Unintuitive research system;
    Glitches, especially with saving;
    Strange dialogue (this problem can be nullified by using the unofficial dialogue community patch);
    Annoying, albeit easy to master hack mechanics - it seems that hacking cannot be done unless you are hiding. You can get interrupted by respawning enemies and will be forced to restart your hack attempt as you close the hack menu to kill a rude enemy.

Overall, this game is very... Strange, I'd say. You'd have to play it for a couple of hours to know if you'd like it or not.
  25. Jan 14, 2014
    Bough this game for $2 on steam sale despite not stellar reviews. And I found them to be wildly exagerated. The game has an interesting and unique setting and is a good mix of story, FPS and RPG element. If I should compare it to anything out there it would be more action packed scifi Morrowind

And this I think is the basic mistake reviewers make. E.Y.E is not FPS, it is and RPG at the core. Now I do not get anyone who says that the controls and RPG aspects are confusing. Again the best comparison would be Morrowind or Oblivion: who did not make a mistake with character creation there? Who understood the magic system there or how spells are created for the fist time? But don't worry things are much easier in E.Y.E. There are 1 page long guides that explain the most important stuff about character creation along with useful tips for controls and possible play styles.

Now there may be some "bad" stuff:

1) English localization is not very good. Personally I do not mind. I just pretend it is roughly translated by japanese sounding language that is native to settings. But for some people this may be shostopper so you were warned

2) Enemies spawn constantly. It is similar to how some action games are created lately, that enemies have designated spawn point once you are near to it. If you run away the spawn point may switch. If you fight some large creature spawning may be temporarily suspended. Anyways the point is that if you like cleaning the whole level before ending a mission you will be disapointed. In my experience this system sometimes tends to put you into a difficult spot that would otherwise be boring stomp over AI.
  26. Nov 6, 2012
    It's not perfect, but it's a great game. It's harder than your average FPS, it's much darker and the plot needs to be paid attention to if the player intends to understand what's going on. It is notorious that it's low budget, from the lack of voice acting in dialogues and the cheap looking menus, but all things considered it has lots of customization options, a lot of replayabilityIt's not perfect, but it's a great game. It's harder than your average FPS, it's much darker and the plot needs to be paid attention to if the player intends to understand what's going on. It is notorious that it's low budget, from the lack of voice acting in dialogues and the cheap looking menus, but all things considered it has lots of customization options, a lot of replayability (especially if you didn't get the true ending), and missions can be completed in many many different ways. And it has coop on top of that. Expand
  27. Apr 24, 2013
    This one is a rough diamond. It can be a lot of fun if you have the patience for it; on my first playthrough, I went in wearing heavy armor and a minigun which honestly ruined it for me (the heavy+minigun+psi is too powerful), so I started over with a more balanced playstyle, spent a great deal of time doing random secondary missions in the Temple HQ, bought all the cool cyberimplants,This one is a rough diamond. It can be a lot of fun if you have the patience for it; on my first playthrough, I went in wearing heavy armor and a minigun which honestly ruined it for me (the heavy+minigun+psi is too powerful), so I started over with a more balanced playstyle, spent a great deal of time doing random secondary missions in the Temple HQ, bought all the cool cyberimplants, researched new tech, learned some new powers.. and alas, as a Grey Master, the game is SO MUCH BETTER. You feel like a Jedi or something.

As for all the bad stuff: developers are French and their english is laughable. Still some bugs (note that as of April 2013 many of the worst bugs have been fixed and new content added, like PvP), graphics are nice, but not triple-A, so if you're into newer games, don't bother playing this one.
  28. Jul 6, 2015
    For all the quirks and issues this game has it just drew me in and I wanted to play it. It'll take a little time to get the hang of and not die constantly but is worth it.

It has a few problems but if you can push past those I think you'll really enjoy it. Definitely one of a kind.
  29. Jan 13, 2015
    I registered just to give the score for this game I r8 10/10 because it's fun,great history,gameplay,graphics,sound and the inmersion and ambient is incredible.It's rare,as jpnole said,a rare indie gem.I love it totally.
  30. Jun 30, 2015
    when you talk about graphic everybody is ready to say "the graphics it's not important if you have the gameplay" this is one of this cases. the story it's deep and the gamply it's difficult to learn but once mastered gives satisfaction
  31. Jul 18, 2015
    this is a great but underrated game it is worth the price and there are servers set up for online now you need to stick wit the game for a bit to enjoy it but once you get past the learning curve you are set I will admit that the learning curve is steeper than it needs to be because of their tutorial but just get past that and you will get a great game worth buying and playing for many hours!
  32. Jun 22, 2016
    What happens when you take a bunch of french people, give them the source engine and let them run amok with it? The result is EYE: Divine Cybermancy, a game with no limitations or respect for the rules of game design, with over the top action, incredibly in-depth, flexible and at times daunting character progression, abusable physics, insanely powerful weapons and an perplexinglyWhat happens when you take a bunch of french people, give them the source engine and let them run amok with it? The result is EYE: Divine Cybermancy, a game with no limitations or respect for the rules of game design, with over the top action, incredibly in-depth, flexible and at times daunting character progression, abusable physics, insanely powerful weapons and an perplexingly convoluted, mind-numbing narrative coupled with a generous host of bugs, 16+ player coop and generally just absolutely crazy gameplay. EYE is SO crazy that the player character has a sanity meter, and when it dips low, he can suffer vivid halucinations. EYE gives the player numerous options for negotiating its sprawling stages: Where negotiation, hacking and stealth fail, the player can employ a varying array of firearms, melee weapons, cybernetic augments and psychic powers to devastate your numerically superior but sorely outmatched foes. As you progress, even assault VTOLs and twenty-foot tall rocket-spewing psycho-deamons will not give you pause. EYE also lets you adjust not only its difficulty but the respawn rate and AI behaviors of its enemies, giving you fine control over its experience. EYE has a few major issues, most notably its poor English translation, easily (and necessarily, in my opinion) remedied by downloading and applying a fan-made translation patch, available from the steam forum. EYE was released around the same time as Deus Ex: Human Revolution, obviously to capitalize on an upswing in interest in cyberpunk games, but in truth, it is a very different beast. Where Deus Ex rewards the calculating, stealthy player who avoids the game's useless lethal weapons in favor of the almighty tranq rifle, EYE fully allows you to become an unstoppable, heavily armed and armored, posthuman super-warrior, and its setting and asthetic owes a great deal more to Warhammer 40,000 then, say, Neuromancer- amusing considering this game's developer has gone on to work on an actual 40k game, the upcoming FPS Space Hulk: Deathwing. EYE is a strange, awkward game, but well worth the price of admission. Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Mar 1, 2012
    One word is enough to describe the experience of playing E.Y.E.: variety. As an FPS/RPG hybrid, the game offers so many options for your character, from the DNA in the genes to the kind of armor worn. [February 2012]
  2. Oct 24, 2011
    It's no masterpiece, but full of surprises. It may take some time to get into the game, but the different ways to progress in the game are motivating.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 10, 2011
    If you're bored of all those standard issue FPS games, E.Y.E. is definitely worth trying. Don't mistake this indie cyberpunk FPS for Deus Ex imitation, for it surely isn't. It has fresh ideas, vast well-designed levels, wide array of nice weapons, cybernetic skills and PSI powers and an interesting plot. The game is almost too ambitious for its own good, which makes it cumbersome at times and hard to approach. It has also some minor bugs yet to be squashed. But even with its flaws E.Y.E. is something very unique. [Oct 2011]