6.6

1. Sep 24, 2010
    Beautiful game that is marred by its arcadey gameplay -- the physics implementation isn't there at all --, poor AI and half-finished career mode. Best skipped for racing fans.
  2. Sep 27, 2010
    An epic failure. That is what you come away thinking after playing a game of F1 2010. It looks great and sounds great.. but that is it. The computer players break the rules and never pit thus assuring they win. And if you dare pit, say while leading the race, you can be assured you will be held in the pits to emerge just in time to fill in at last place. This has been admitted as a realAn epic failure. That is what you come away thinking after playing a game of F1 2010. It looks great and sounds great.. but that is it. The computer players break the rules and never pit thus assuring they win. And if you dare pit, say while leading the race, you can be assured you will be held in the pits to emerge just in time to fill in at last place. This has been admitted as a real issue by Codemaster and they expect to release a patch for it eventually. Now how it was missed in all the professional reviews is beyond me. The real paid game critics toute the after race interviews, wich are boring and serve no purpose, and fail to mention the obvious issues plaguing this game. Many a person has shelved this game out of frustration due to all of it's bugs. Of wich this game has MANY. F1 2010 is the very definition of a half baked. It's main purpose so far has been to spotlight how little professional reviewers actually play the games they review. As it is hard to imagine not one single person would have mentioned the obvious bugs. If your into F1, wait for F1 2011.. and then even wait for the user reviews.. and skip all the fake professional reviews. Expand
  3. Oct 8, 2010
    Great graphics, but game play is laggy and i felt like i got no feel to the road even after tweaking the settings in my G25 for a long time. I had all driving aids off, and pressed 100% gas in second gear and could not spin the car. This is impossible, with F1 car you get it to spin even 4th gear in real life. Driving physics are horrible, no feel to the game. I shall never again touchGreat graphics, but game play is laggy and i felt like i got no feel to the road even after tweaking the settings in my G25 for a long time. I had all driving aids off, and pressed 100% gas in second gear and could not spin the car. This is impossible, with F1 car you get it to spin even 4th gear in real life. Driving physics are horrible, no feel to the game. I shall never again touch anything that is made by codemasters. Another corporate masterpiece of profit making. This game is a horrible example of games of today that seem to be made for nubs and 5 year olds.

Only thing that matters is graphics and then the crap product is ready for consumer. Thank god i got it for free.
  4. Sep 26, 2010
    All in all I think this is a disappointing game. A lot of bugs, an unstable framerate, a highly simplified driving model and an unacceptable delay between the controller and the effective action transform an uber-awaited masterpiece in a burning disappointment.
  5. gas
    Sep 26, 2010
    Sadly is more then clear that many big companies doesn't care much about releasing a full tested and working game nowadays.
    Actually 27/09/10 this game is affected by many major and minor bugs that strongly ruin the experience (check the official forum about that), ok there will be fixes, but some issues related to the physics, the game mechanics and telemetry will need some kind of complete re-writing and i don't think there will be a fix for everything.
    This game as it is now is all about a bugged arcade time trial, If you are looking for some kind of racing simulator better to look elsewhere, anyway even if considering this game a pure arcade it's disappointing.
    I give 2 point and not a zero cause the good looking rain effect.
  6. Oct 4, 2010
    Stay away from this it has been rushed out unfinished and is full of terrible game breaking bugs.

Aside from the bugs they have also chosen to go with a timing system which bares no resemblance to real F1 timing - No split times for car infront or behind, no fastest lap of the race displayed, no sector times shown for personal times and no compiling of lap times throughout the race so you know who is going quicker and when, not even at the end of the race so you cannot analyze anything.

Codemasters have gone for the 'lets rip everyone off this time' release as the game is 6 months short of being ready for general release but they could not wait until then because the 2010 F1 season would be over by then and the interest in the game would be far less. They also did a great job of bigging it up throughout the development promising so much, but if it doesn't deliver on the simple things then all the rest is a waste of time.

Keep well clear.
  7. Oct 18, 2010
    In a word...ARCADE ....maybe not even an arcade game...this game try s to pretend to be a full on simulation..but in reality it is not even close to a proper simulation of the F1 car...it has absolutely no physics whatsoever..the cars feel awkward to control and often feel on rails or glued to the track...

I play GTR2 and rfactor with the F1 addons and that is by far a better attempt at f1 simulation, its not perfect but miles better than F1 2010...

The control issues with forcefeedback wheels or joysticks will leave you annoyed and irritated that unless your stick/wheel is on the short approved and supported list, then you will find a serious lack of configurable options available to you.

The Ai cheats!....their hot laps and qualifying bear no resemblance to their actual performance in the full race..

in short it looks nice....if a little ott and arcadey...it plays worse than arcade...the painfully slow 3d menu system is a REAL irritation....the in-car view is too low..hence the reason 90% of youtube videos always show the car helmet cam view (so you can see the track and bends etc!)..and it has zero physics or damage modelling....even at full you can hit a wall at 180 mph and all that happens is you loose a front wing!..its RUBBISH...avoid...
  8. Oct 23, 2010
    At first when I go this title, I was like "Yay, finally a F1 game on PC after many years!", but as I got more into the game, the only good things I found in this game were the rainy weather, which was really nicely done and the fact that the cars were well modeled. THEN the downsides: "What damage model?" The only thing I ever got broken of the car was the front wing. Although it willAt first when I go this title, I was like "Yay, finally a F1 game on PC after many years!", but as I got more into the game, the only good things I found in this game were the rainy weather, which was really nicely done and the fact that the cars were well modeled. THEN the downsides: "What damage model?" The only thing I ever got broken of the car was the front wing. Although it will break into four pieces, it's still kinda "WTF". And that doesn't even effect the handling. F1 cars are supposed to be fragile, not freaking tanks. Also the sounds are too subtle. Those things are what makes it boring. HUGE disappointment. Expand
  9. Mar 27, 2011
    This game is not what it is cracked up to be, terrible physics, car always lets go the same way, the setup for vehicles is too simplified. I'd wait for rFactor 2. F1 2010 simply sucks. Codemasters best get their act together for any release following this one. I'll give it a 3 cuz it has good graphics, but that is all it has.
  10. Oct 17, 2010
    This web-site only allows 5000 characters in a reveiw. I have posted the first 500 characters of my reveiw of this game here but the full reveiw is about 18000 characters. wish they told me before I wrote it.

Here is a link to the full reveiw
  11. Jul 25, 2011
    Psysics/Handling, timing system, gameplay, various bugs, look and feel......hmm dont know what to say other than it just doesnt feel right. rfactor simulator three years ago felt like a real simulator but this one....I was very exited but after trying it, i got very dissapointed. I rate the games as a simulator only.
  12. Oct 15, 2011
    This game won't start at all on our PC. No splash screen, no error message, nothing. I checked CodeMasters' forum for this game; other people reported similar problems and got no response.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 13, 2011
    Experienced developers showed again their ability to turn anything they touch into gold. Long-term starving for an F1 PC racing game is over – this one is great in every aspect. [Issue#197]
  2. PC Gamer
    Jan 12, 2011
    "Quotation Forthcoming"
  3. PC Format
    Dec 25, 2010
    For the first time in a good seven years there's a decent Formula 1 game on the PC. An impressive return to form. [Issue#246, p.102]