5.4

1. Nov 12, 2013
    Runs pretty badly, even on a great system but the story and game itself are very enjoyable. At least to the point where I could be bothered to complete it. This is definitely the ugly stepchild of the series though.
  2. May 9, 2013
    This game is a mixed bag.
    As a console port this game has really low-res textures that sometimes hurt the eye... but sometimes I was simply enjoying the view and colours of the locations I've came across.
    The other thing everyone would suspect will be terrible controls... are actually pretty good. I never had an issue with them, mouse works nicely no issue here. The story is linear
    This game is a mixed bag.

The story is linear but that doens't mean it's terrible, it's decent enough to not stand in your way...
    "In your way while You are doing what?" somebody may ask?
    And I say... hacking and slashing, doing sidequests, exploring... Have to say that despite locations are not very big exploring is actually really fun. Sidequests are well written and enjoyable.

The RPG elements of this game... have very little relevance.

The game overall is... average, but if You'll just take off Your brakes of seriousness, You'll be able to enjoy this game and maybe even get orgasmic about wonderful soundtrack this game has.
  3. Dec 8, 2013
    The game itself may be good but it simply has way too many technical issues (really poor PC port). To start with: if you enable v-sync you'll be capped at 30 fps no matter what your refresh rate. Of course you can disable v-sync but then you'll get horrible tearing. Also the frame rate is really inconsistent even with v-sync off even on hardware that's way more powerful than the game requires.
  4. Jun 5, 2011
    It feels like a step in the wrong direction. Fable 2 was a large improvement over Fable 1, and I expected the same thing to happen going from Fable 2 to Fable 3. Not so. The developers have made strange interface changes that immediately feel like they're hindering the game. The combat is nearly identical in the way it plays in Fable 2. That's not necessarily a bad thing. But add on toIt feels like a step in the wrong direction. Fable 2 was a large improvement over Fable 1, and I expected the same thing to happen going from Fable 2 to Fable 3. Not so. The developers have made strange interface changes that immediately feel like they're hindering the game. The combat is nearly identical in the way it plays in Fable 2. That's not necessarily a bad thing. But add on to that the absence of a large variety of weapons and armor and combat soon grows dull. Combining spells is a nice touch, but having fewer spells than the last game is NOT a good decision. I like the weapons that slowly change throughout the game, but why not have that AND large supply of other weapons to use? The environments are larger but seem more empty than Fable 2. The graphics are pretty nice but you'll need a very hefty PC to play on max settings. They haven't added enough new features to the game and the one they have don't make up for it or don't even work. There's some good stuff here, but it's hindered by lack of variety and innovation. Expand
  5. Mar 10, 2013
    This game was extremely disappointing. The entire game you will notice the lack of attention and half assed efforts. Do not mistake this game for an RPG, it is an "action adventure game". One of the developers actually claimed this game would be better than Skyrim. To make that claim you need to produce a game that actually seems like they put some effort into it. This game feels like itThis game was extremely disappointing. The entire game you will notice the lack of attention and half assed efforts. Do not mistake this game for an RPG, it is an "action adventure game". One of the developers actually claimed this game would be better than Skyrim. To make that claim you need to produce a game that actually seems like they put some effort into it. This game feels like it was designed for minors who watch their parents play big boy games.
    Not worth the price, if you simply must try it out, get it on sale.
  6. May 26, 2011
    Fable 3 got its moments but it is a very average story most of the time.

This game is very easy, it becomes so easy that it almost gets annoying. You donâ
  7. Jun 7, 2011
    It's more of a Monopoly + Sims game rather than a hardcore fantasy RPG, but there's nothing wrong with that if it's what you're looking for. Game glitches like your dog floating around 10 feet in the air and landscape texture blanking are distracting. Played FIII through once and got the best possible ending, but I have no desire to finish all the little collection games, max all myIt's more of a Monopoly + Sims game rather than a hardcore fantasy RPG, but there's nothing wrong with that if it's what you're looking for. Game glitches like your dog floating around 10 feet in the air and landscape texture blanking are distracting. Played FIII through once and got the best possible ending, but I have no desire to finish all the little collection games, max all my weapons out, or get any more achievements. It's not a horrible game, and you can "get into it" after two hours or so, but there's no must-experience moments here. Expand
  8. Jun 11, 2011
    I've never played the other fables, so I guess my opinion is going to be pretty objective. I think the art direction doesn't fit the atmosphere the game was going for, which at times is funny but other times a little dark. Graphically it's good, while it won't challenge new machines what so ever, that means it should be more accessible to a larger spectrum of PC gamers. That shouldn't beI've never played the other fables, so I guess my opinion is going to be pretty objective. I think the art direction doesn't fit the atmosphere the game was going for, which at times is funny but other times a little dark. Graphically it's good, while it won't challenge new machines what so ever, that means it should be more accessible to a larger spectrum of PC gamers. That shouldn't be important if a game genuinely has good aesthetics and is fun to play. Of which it is fun to play, and the combat is flashy and enjoyable (I liked the magic system, but it could have been so much better.) Also, I switched to a controller as soon as I could. The PC controls are rather poor if left at default, but I also found that turning off V-sync dramatically improved my control's response time. Mostly, I really wanted a walk button so I could take in the pretty sites that there were rather than run around them and ignore them (here's where a joystick made more sense for me). Sound and music is fine as well. Character animations are over the top (which is mostly fine), but at times they lack polish to really pull off the character. Of all that, I say the game gets a 7, or a 6. Now about the story and gameplay... this is very black and white, and where I'm largely disappointed. Even the characters are either good, chaotic, lawful, or evil, but never truly interesting. The choices you make are like-wise two dimensional, and never really allow you to believe you can be anything but good or evil. I find the social system in the game could have been dramatically improved and given more variety as well. In short, this is an overly simplified "M" rated game, to which I point out that it could have been toned down to be a great early teen's game. Of that I'm sure it would have been, but for a mature audience I think it's only saving grace is that it is fun to romp around for a bit, and there is some entertaining level of customization to be had here. As it stands, it's likely not worth the full asking price for most people, but on a good sale it's worth looking into. If it had tried to make itself bigger than offering you 2 dimensional characters and a 2 dimensional story, tighten down and add sensible variety to the social system, then it would have been a much better game than what we see here. I was going to give it a 7, but with a 6 I can say that while it might be fun at times it's not worth paying $50 for a game that seems like it still needs more flushing out if it's trying to appeal to a mature audience. It's probably worth getting on a good sale, or when the price drops to below $20. Otherwise, buy at your own risk. Expand
  9. Oct 27, 2011
    Let's face it, us Fable fans love the humor, scenery and simplistic gameplay of Fable. We love to drink our characters into a stupor and get really fat. Kill tons of villagers and guards and fart in people's faces. This game still has all of that. But the fighting is kind of frustrating really. What happened to being an unstoppable hulk? This game is all about blocking and flourishLet's face it, us Fable fans love the humor, scenery and simplistic gameplay of Fable. We love to drink our characters into a stupor and get really fat. Kill tons of villagers and guards and fart in people's faces. This game still has all of that. But the fighting is kind of frustrating really. What happened to being an unstoppable hulk? This game is all about blocking and flourish attacks...how boring. Still no chain lightning will power either. Also, the game takes on a very serious tone with lots of death and tyranny and stuff like that. I guess that's to win over the critics though it doesn't save the generic plug and play storyline from being boring. Character customization has gotten really weird. Now you purchase all of your stuff and bring it back to a dressing room. Which I guess is kind of the lazy approach and its nice to not have to repurchase stuff. Though that never bothers me because I always have tons of gold early on in Fable games. Oh and your inventory is GONE. How many silver keys have I picked up? I can't find out unless I pick up another one and it tells me...Also, still no hotkeying items or I'm just missing something. And the HUD is pretty much gone, no health information. No nothing. Peter M. Please go and purchase a copy of Fable: The Lost Chapters and actually play it! The game is phenomenal and only needs a few of the upgrades from Fable 2 and 3:

Fable 3's real estate interface.
    Fable 3's king sequence (with more to do)
    Fable 2's character customization potions (weight gain/loss, height gain/loss, etc)
    Fable 3's dying system (tattoo colors and clothes)
    -Please no more dog, unless you make him something actually interesting rather than a digging spot finder and an achievement kill stealer.
  10. May 31, 2011
    I was really looking forward to playing FABLE III as I have just completed FABLE TLC a few days ago. I expected huge improvements in gameplay and User interface. However, I was in for a huge disappointment. The sanctuary was troublesome and unnecessary! A simple inventory menu would have sufficed. Combat was over-simplified and tedious, felt more like a chore. All the wonderful spells inI was really looking forward to playing FABLE III as I have just completed FABLE TLC a few days ago. I expected huge improvements in gameplay and User interface. However, I was in for a huge disappointment. The sanctuary was troublesome and unnecessary! A simple inventory menu would have sufficed. Combat was over-simplified and tedious, felt more like a chore. All the wonderful spells in FABLE TLC are gone. Left with a few boring spells to use and melee combat felt underpowered in comparison to guns and spells. The only fun and engaging part of the game came when you had to choose to keep or break your promises as a king. If you are looking to buy this game because of the combat and gameplay, save this game for the bargain bin. After playing for 20 hours, the game just felt like a chore even till the end. Expand
  11. Jul 31, 2011
    A very light RPG with the light elements of the genre, it isn't as good as the first and second one from what ive been told i haven't played them my self, but still i think Fable 3 is more of the rent than a buy in my opinion since its quite short, unless you like to do all the extra side quests and re-build the city.
  12. Jun 27, 2011
    Voices and music: superb - worlds and graphics: imaginative and great - story and gameplay: ah well, nice...
    Pressing mouse-buttons 20 times a second is really, really boring.
    Playing the game is just not as much fun as just watching the worlds and listening to the sounds.
    If there were a good game to play in Fable 3, I'd certainly rate it higher. It is beautiful.
  13. Jun 11, 2011
    A very lighthearted and fun RPG. Great voice work and a brilliant setting let down with a casual fighting system and poor storytelling. The content has been extremely dumbed down since Fable 2 resulting in the game feeling empty and small. Its a popcorn game really... The thing to buy just to waste some time.
  14. Jun 14, 2011
    Lets see. Fable 1 - Great replay value, i finished it at least 5 times(yes my social life went on the back burner for some time).
    Fable 3- I finished it for the sole purpose of saying i did that. nothing was a challenge, graphics looked almost as if they used the fable 2 engine, story line was average and your choices didnt really effect how the game played out. the spell weaving idea was pretty fun though i felt, making lightning strike enemies while they were being blown around in a mini tornado felt pretty good. no fight was a challenge though. it was missing something fable 2 also lacked. the boss element. i mean c'mon Jack of Blades was one of the funnest fights I've done in any game. being evil just made you look like you hadn't slept for 3 weeks, no horns, no fire at your feet. all in all - this game took one weekend out of my life and i'd now like it back
  15. Oct 23, 2011
    You don't want this game. Disjointed plotline. Cant decide if it wants to be serious (must stop my evil brother!) or stupid (heh heh farts).

Basic combat system isn't too bad I suppose. Then you get into the second half of the game and .... what the heck just happened! Did i just insert some other game disk in?

Fable 2 was better on every level and that wasn't exactly a marvellous game!
  16. Sep 18, 2011
    Fable III doesn't really continue the series from a certain point or anything like that, although it does revisit many of the places of the original two. The Graphics are very nice but the PC version comes with some beefy requirements. It does come across as too linear, in fact almost like "playing" a story, or an interactive movie, rather than a game. Where it really excels is that itFable III doesn't really continue the series from a certain point or anything like that, although it does revisit many of the places of the original two. The Graphics are very nice but the PC version comes with some beefy requirements. It does come across as too linear, in fact almost like "playing" a story, or an interactive movie, rather than a game. Where it really excels is that it offers a very casual gaming experience, you don't have to fret about buying different equipment (though you can do that too), and deciding which skills to level is a breeze. The multiplayer mode doesn't offer a lot and the interactions with AIs has actually "devolved". While it wasn't a bad game particularly it fell short of Fable: The Lost Chapters and Fable II. This is pretty well agreed on in the community. It's too bad because the game had great potential with the amazing graphics. The game is super easy, so if you want a bigger challenge just refrain from spamming magic. Otherwise, you may be very disappointed. Expand
  17. Mar 3, 2012
    Fable III is basically more Fable with all its pros and cons. What is disappointing is that it's a console port and that rolling on the ground for 15 minutes is pretty much how all battles turn out...
  18. Oct 26, 2011
    I payed 40 euros for this game. Its a short-great story written game, but again..it was way to short. Lionhead seems to be putting all kinds of DLC in but that also will cost you money, most of the DLC are costumes anyway that are only just for the eyes. A small variety on weapons, because 1 weapon will overthrow the other for a very long time. The guild seal system is great, but easy.I payed 40 euros for this game. Its a short-great story written game, but again..it was way to short. Lionhead seems to be putting all kinds of DLC in but that also will cost you money, most of the DLC are costumes anyway that are only just for the eyes. A small variety on weapons, because 1 weapon will overthrow the other for a very long time. The guild seal system is great, but easy. Spend a little bit of time and you got your upgrades already.
    Moneymaking is quite annoying in the start, everytime the same thing: Pressing 1, 2 or 3. Its kinda challenging in the start, but gets linear. Once you get to buy shops and houses moneymaking just becomes a thing you do if you idle. Leave your pc on and you have alot of money coming in.
    Fighting is quite easy as well, the real challenging monsters will occur only a couple of times.
    The missions and the co-op system are the things that kept me in the game. The story and graphics were great, easy to follow and it was nice to play. You could also help others online with their campaign.
    But again, everything is way to short and it is not worth(for me atleast) to buy DLC.
    Pretty much of a mediocre game overall, its not bad..its not good either. I give it a 6, I wont go higher.
  19. Nov 15, 2011
    WTF. They took everything fun from Fable 2 and threw it in the bin. Fable 3's graphics look very similar to Fable 2, gameplay is pretty much identical, AI is very stupid. The locations look good but again, set the next f***ing fable in another bloody world or country. Im sik of seeing the same detailed world, the same building designs and armours and weapons. It feels like Fable 2.

But

But the positive side is that the story is good, you get lost in the Main story because the quest get all mixed up and you have to figure out what you were up to when you load the game. But I had heaps of fun with alot of the quest, had heaps of fun with the options the game gave you in its world and you could have quiet alot of fun with the co-op. But the gameplay is still fable 2 but more simple. Fable 4 better improve on Fable 2 and not 3.
  20. Jan 24, 2013
    Fable 3 will not "Wow" many players. It's a solid game but has quite a few flaws, but lets start with the pros. The game is quite immersive, having very little HUD, and no real menus to speak of. The game looks great and is not very demanding, even on low settings the graphics are still appealing. A short list, yes, but please read the flaws and you'll see why I gave this game a 5~ evenFable 3 will not "Wow" many players. It's a solid game but has quite a few flaws, but lets start with the pros. The game is quite immersive, having very little HUD, and no real menus to speak of. The game looks great and is not very demanding, even on low settings the graphics are still appealing. A short list, yes, but please read the flaws and you'll see why I gave this game a 5~ even though I'm rarely generous with scores. The combat has the right idea, it's engaging, you can flow seamlessly between the 3 combat styles(Guns, swords, magic). Where it falls short is that the combat is not difficult. Even on it's highest difficulty it is still far, far too easy. Dodge rolling provides too many invincibility frames and doesn't have enough of a time frame between when you recover from a roll and when you can attack again. Another problem is the loot system. You're constantly stopping to crack open chests, most of the time, you'll only end up getting a measly 200 gold or gem, rather than clothing/tattoos. It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't a 10 silverkey chest in the second town you go to that gives 50,000 gold, which you can then invest into buying up all the property you have access to. When you're making 2000-7000 gold every 5 minutes, it's hard to justify spending as much time as you will digging up loot. The game could also do with a lot less chatter. Be it your butler harassing you while you're changing outfits or you're walking through town getting screamed at by the dozen NPCs that are surrounding you. The game could definitely stand to have a slider to adjust how much banter there is, because it /will/ wear on you, and quickly. Another quirk about the game is that it's tone is all over the place. The story is serious, but your character is a walking jack in the box. You can slaughter an entire town or save little girls, but your talk options are limited to farting in peoples' faces and whistling little tunes. Your one true love is locked up in a tower and one of your driving motivations is to save her, but you can participate in massive orgies. What I'm trying to say is the main story and your actual actions don't...really...mesh well. This is a good entry RPG, but anyone familiar to gaming will have a hard time enjoying this title. Expand
  21. Jun 17, 2012
    The concept of this game is not bad; saving an empire of your family is interesting and it made me to buy this game. However, I didn't feel like I was saving an empire. That's one failure. Battle of this game is too easy somehow. There is a magic that can beat any enemies easily and make you invulnerable. It's bad. I hate Games for WIndows Live (I don't remember the name). It's suck, IThe concept of this game is not bad; saving an empire of your family is interesting and it made me to buy this game. However, I didn't feel like I was saving an empire. That's one failure. Battle of this game is too easy somehow. There is a magic that can beat any enemies easily and make you invulnerable. It's bad. I hate Games for WIndows Live (I don't remember the name). It's suck, I could not download some of the DLC I bought. Luckily, they were cheap but it was very annoying. Expand
  22. Jul 11, 2011
    Was expecting so much more!!

Was expecting so much more!!

Loved 1, missed out on 2 as i'm not a console gamers... 3 had such a great hype about it... but that's just it... it's all hype... Great names providing funny moments through voice acting isn't enough to carry a game... It's all one big attempt to sell you more stuff in-game, I have not finished it and don't think I will anytime soon. It was ok, and maybe more to other people's liking. But after the great stories and games like Mass Effect and Dragon age... it just falls short
  23. Dec 27, 2011
    I have just bought the game, and have not even played it, and I am already annoyed to the point of just forgetting. Had I known that I am required to be logged into a Games for Windows live account, then spent 15 minutes jumping through hoops, to create some account somewhere that I don't even want, AFTER paying for the game, I wouldn't have bought the game. Horrible experience. Screw you,I have just bought the game, and have not even played it, and I am already annoyed to the point of just forgetting. Had I known that I am required to be logged into a Games for Windows live account, then spent 15 minutes jumping through hoops, to create some account somewhere that I don't even want, AFTER paying for the game, I wouldn't have bought the game. Horrible experience. Screw you, Microsoft. Expand
  24. Oct 23, 2011
    After an initial neutral reaction, this game grew on me. It first comes across like a combat version of the "sims," Incredible customization, minimal depth. What bumped it up from a 5 to a 7 was the sense of humor and decent storyline that went into the game. I finished it with a sense of satisfaction and will probably play through again.
  25. Aug 8, 2011
    It is nice, it is awesome, it is boring
    It is nice, it is awesome, it is boring
    real good game at first but after you play it for a longer time you notice, what the hell am I thinking this is so bad.. I wished it was more like fable lost chapters look that was a good story, compare the UI for fun the good thing is that the story was nice and that it was very bug proof and I love how they put the line of the story, the controls are superb to X360 controller or Mouse and Keyboard they work fine

Sealreth,
  26. Dec 28, 2013
    There are loads of reviews down there to read. So, because so many say what I would have wrote in this review-I'm just going to write my whole experience in a nutshell here: LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOADThere are loads of reviews down there to read. So, because so many say what I would have wrote in this review-I'm just going to write my whole experience in a nutshell here: LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN LOAD SCREEN Expand
  27. May 29, 2011
    Well I have never played any of the other Fable games so I was a bit nervous starting this but I have to say I loved it. It played really well on my average pc and I loved the humour so much. I noticed so many of the npcs have different voices and the males who I romanced were all a little different in many ways. It was quite sweet being able to hug and kiss and tickle your family membersWell I have never played any of the other Fable games so I was a bit nervous starting this but I have to say I loved it. It played really well on my average pc and I loved the humour so much. I noticed so many of the npcs have different voices and the males who I romanced were all a little different in many ways. It was quite sweet being able to hug and kiss and tickle your family members or any npc (hehe) The story was classic fairytale with relatively happy ending and that pleases me as a happy ending is a must for me. I would have liked a bit more deph in the main male npc romantic interest, perhaps more shared missions and activities as he was such a sweetie. I liked the ways there were of making money, very unique from my perspective because I got a bit sick of doing favours for villagers.
    It was quite a different experience for me and I will replay this game for sure.

One complaint....my female hero was taller than everyone else and that bugged me big time, how ridiculous that she grew and no one else seemed to, even her true love needed a box to kiss her. :(

But I think overall this gets an 8.5 from me.
  28. Nov 2, 2011
    Gonna say what I've said about every single fable game ever...

MEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....it's okay I suppose.
  29. Jul 26, 2012
    I played the first Fable and then went straight to this one, because I don't own a console. I don't remember much about F1 but I know that I was into it and it kept me playing till the end. It was fun and had a lot of original bits. I didn't find Fable III to offer neither. I'm not a fan of the series and went in without expectations, good or otherwise, but the first thing that struck meI played the first Fable and then went straight to this one, because I don't own a console. I don't remember much about F1 but I know that I was into it and it kept me playing till the end. It was fun and had a lot of original bits. I didn't find Fable III to offer neither. I'm not a fan of the series and went in without expectations, good or otherwise, but the first thing that struck me was that it tries to convey a serious message through some very childish means (dancing with the blacksmith so he'll give you a discount, really?). I tried to keep playing, but it just became too annoying and boring about 3h in, then I just read some of the other reviews and noticed the pattern of "it's too easy", "the story is flat/nonexistent" etc. and decided it's not worth it. I did give it a 5 though because the graphics are quite nice (nowhere near current PC capabilities, but they made good use of their lemons) and because overall it's well executed. But it's a bad idea. Expand
  30. Jan 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Fable 3 is a game with many problems, Firstly being it was over hyped making it doomed it to fall form the beginning. This is no real surprise as nearly all Fable games have suffered similar issues. Secondly the games Fighting system not being varied enough with a basic 2 button system. But even with it many flaws (those being the worst) it is a fun game with an engaging story line with some brilliant humour that just adds to the experience. Once you have become King people do start to recognise that unlike other games but at the same time you will still have to do meaning less task for gold or to progress the story. This is what dooms it in a way is the final money grind that you have to do to get the best outcome for the kingdom, this can be very dull but once your through it it feels very satisfying in general. Great game, and easy to pick up cheap for around 8 to 15£. Expand
  31. Apr 24, 2013
    This game has some really bad flaws but that been the same with all the series installments but theirs some great game play and a decent campaign. But terribly long loading screens A.I. over powered magic moneys comes faster then imaginable choice system is being Hitler or Jesus ****y ending no multiple endings anti lore friendly to the rest of the series. But despite all that you takeThis game has some really bad flaws but that been the same with all the series installments but theirs some great game play and a decent campaign. But terribly long loading screens A.I. over powered magic moneys comes faster then imaginable choice system is being Hitler or Jesus ****y ending no multiple endings anti lore friendly to the rest of the series. But despite all that you take it for what it is and you play it and its actually a pretty good game i mean allot of the PIECE OF TRASH THEY DARE CALL D.L.C. is ****ing horse but still you just get the main game and play it and don't get your hopes to hi and you can enjoy allot of the game is it the best R.P.G. ever made NO. Expand
  32. Jun 5, 2013
    The only thing keeping this game from getting a 5 or lower is the fact that I somehow managed to play for 120 hours Three full playthroughs I suppose I was under the delusion that I had missed a large chunk of the optional missions, But I was wrong... 3 separate times. Combat is entertaining enough but grows repetitive quickly, the weapon evolution and limited weapon styles changesThe only thing keeping this game from getting a 5 or lower is the fact that I somehow managed to play for 120 hours Three full playthroughs I suppose I was under the delusion that I had missed a large chunk of the optional missions, But I was wrong... 3 separate times. Combat is entertaining enough but grows repetitive quickly, the weapon evolution and limited weapon styles changes little in the long run. The story is quick, I found myself detached more often then I should in an RPG. And the NPC interactions are absolutely ridicules and detract from the game greatly. Nothing says royalty more then Farting in somebody's' face or romantically dancing with a man...They love me they really love me. The game is playable, and forgettable; I played through multiple times in the hopes that I had missed something, I didn't; and neither will you if you decide to pass this one up. Expand
  33. Apr 29, 2013
    The Fable series can be best summarized as great ambitions crippled by the lack of proper execution of them. Peter Molyneux (the dev team leader) and his team have put some good ideas in front the gamers, but the way they were implemented in the game has made the game worse not better.

First of All, The good in the game : -High production value. This game truly looks like a mature

First of All, The good in the game :
    -High production value. This game truly looks like a mature fairy tale
    -Storyline Yeah, its not great but its passable, and that's saying a lot in this day and age!

Now let us look at the bad (most of them came from good intention of the devs i am sure)
    -The 'golden bread crumbs trail' of finding the next objective. The intention behind this was clearly to have gamers avoid pulling up there maps time and again so that they could be more immersed in the world. But unfortunately, this same mechanism proves to be distracting from the world of Albion itself (Since you are constantly focusing on the golden trail, you'll not notice the hard work put into the world itself.

-The Sanctuary this also was supposed to act like your map, your inventory screen, your quest log rolled all into one, but fails miserably. Obviously, this is an innovative idea, again to help players to be more immersed (Since map and inventory screens can be "unrealistic"). But the major problem is that it takes too long to do any of the stuff from the sanctuary. You walk from one room to another if you want to change your clothes, weapons, check you map etc. The negatives associated with the sanctuary far out way the positives

-Doesn't feel like an rpg. In order to appeal to a more wider fanbase, the rpg elements are so scarce and pointless that this truly doesn't feel like an rpg at all.

-Map doesn't tell you half the things is should. The real world and the map version of that world look way different.

-Character interaction sucks. No way to describe it, sorry

All in all, a disappointing title. Pick it up if you are a more of a casual gamer and/or if you are a fable fan... ON A GODDAMN SALE!
  34. Jul 16, 2013
    I liked Fable 3 when i played through it for the first time with my brother but when we completed it and finished most of the good content i just could not bring myself to load it up again, many months later i watched Angry Joes top 32 reasons fable 3 sucks and realized some of these things were my problems
    pros: art style, setting is cool with this old 18th century steampunk idea which is something not really used, lots of fun content, funny dialogue (shut up ben) economy is pretty cool, your dog being named after your dog,
    cons: the game is too easy, disappointing conclusion for both villains, overpowered magic, gold rains from the sky when you don't need it but is so scarce when you do need it, dlc co op restrictions, navigation is awful, no repair all for your economy you need to go around individually fixing everything, being the king was kind of lame, final battle countdown, npc interactions
    while these things stopped me from replaying the game withought me even knowing them i cant deny i did enjoy the game during my time playing it. you know normally franchises get better as they go on but apparently fable and fable 2 are better then fable 3
  35. Oct 13, 2013
    Technical Issues[6]
    ------------------------------------
    Over All[5.8]
  36. Jul 25, 2015
    qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
  37. May 18, 2015

1. Oct 19, 2011
    An excellent interactive fairy tale. Due to interesting moral choices, it has a lot of replay potential. [June 2011]
  2. Jul 12, 2011
    A competent example of a PC port and of an RPG, but its obsessions with consumerism dampens the adventure. [Aug 2011, p.100]
  3. Jul 10, 2011
    A fun, light-hearted romp, but one that pales in light of its predecessors. [Aug 2011, p.68]