- Summary: Fans new and returning will now embark on an epic adventure, where the race for the crown is only the beginning of your spectacular journey. Five decades have passed since the events of "Fable II," and Albion has matured into an industrial revolution, but the fate of the kingdom isFans new and returning will now embark on an epic adventure, where the race for the crown is only the beginning of your spectacular journey. Five decades have passed since the events of "Fable II," and Albion has matured into an industrial revolution, but the fate of the kingdom is at peril. In "Fable III," you will be called upon to rally and fight alongside your people, ascend to the seat of power, and experience the true meaning of love and loss. The choices and sacrifices you make while fanning the flames of revolution, and then as you rule as King or Queen or Albion, will lead to an ever evolving world of consequences that will be felt across your entire land. This sets the stage for unparalleled action and adventure that offers even more ways to fight and engage than ever before. Throughout your journey, you will encounter a colorful cast of characters that fans have come to expect from the off-beat style and humor in the “Fable” games. After determining whether these characters are your friends or foes, you will either join them or fight against them in explosive combat, alone or with a friend on Xbox LIVE. In your quest to plant the seeds of revolution, seize power and rule over your kingdom, the choices you make will change the world around you, for the greater good or your own personal gain. Who will you become? A rebel without a cause, the tyrant you rebelled against, or the greatest ruler to ever live? … Collapse
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Autoplay On Off
May 18, 2011Lionhead has done a good job with the PC version -a bit late maybe compared with the original 360 launch- and it offers a good chance to PC players to experience the wonder and draebacks of Albion. A nice action-adventure game with some great touches that will interest people looking for something different.
May 20, 2011Fable is a fast-aging brand, and on the PC market it's getting face to face with top notch exclusives. It's still a good choice if you love that fairy tale feeling, but the gameplay is indeed too easy for the hardcore market. What's more, it comes to PC late, and with no extras.
PC FormatJul 12, 2011A competent example of a PC port and of an RPG, but its obsessions with consumerism dampens the adventure. [Aug 2011, p.100]
May 25, 2011So it came to pass that Molyneux's latest epic was brought unto Windows. Though it was a port lacking in polish, with graphics below those of the modern age, the people embraced it as a rarity. Gritty but immature, dark yet not steeped in the occult, it stood out amongst the science fiction and horror-fantasy that dominated the marketplace.
May 17, 2011Fable III isn't a terrible game, it's just a disappointment, and suffers from a bad case of over-simplification. As entertaining as the characters and quests may be, they're weighed down by the increasingly simple gameplay. The biggest shame is that Lionhead made this fascinating and attractive world and then removed your ability to affect it in any real way.
May 17, 2011Fable 3 is an interesting RPG, it has unique elements much different from others. The combat system looks simply fantastic, the interface isFable 3 is an interesting RPG, it has unique elements much different from others. The combat system looks simply fantastic, the interface is great and the style is unique, it has a interesting storyline, the sense of humor is nice not great though, the atmosphere is nice seems lovely. Being a fan of Fable series i just don't think that Fable can be bad. It might not as good as tes(the elder scroll) but overall it a great way to pass some time. In other words is fantastic game.… Expand
Dec 4, 2012A nice game,from the beginning to the end.And i have to apologize for my cheats(in order to gain a good end i have to use a speed changeA nice game,from the beginning to the end.And i have to apologize for my cheats(in order to gain a good end i have to use a speed change software to make money more efficently ),i just feel afraid to the bad end and i only watch the bad end scenes on the Internet,somewhat like the sytle of bethesda,but the behavior of adding some sexy contents is to be discussed.… Expand
Nov 10, 2013This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'd say this game is overall pleasant, but it could've been more.
The story is your standard simple "save the world from a tyrant"-fantasy cliché. It's not interesting, but it will keep you focused. You may choose the gender of your protagonist, which is refreshing; and you'll also meet some moral dilemmas throughout the story simplified into good or evil. These decisions won't affect much more than your alignment early on, as the decisions often may SOUND important, but poses as minor events later that you'll forget about soon enough.
The fighting is simple, you'll choose from three different types of weapons that you may use as you please, although it seemed to me that the ranged variants were a lot more efficient, especially late-game. The fights has a nice pace to them, but are seldom that challenging. The amount of fighting you do feels balanced; though the rewards may feel a bit lackluster. The weapons you'll find, or buy, won't be doing you much if you don't upgrade them. And by upgrade, I mean doing chores such as killing 300 hollowmen for the specific weapon you hold to be better at killing more hollowmen. Other weapons will only activate their special powers through dubious chores including online involvement which feels more as a way for the developers to reward people who've bought the game while punishing those who illegally downloaded it; than actually involve you in any interesting gameplay.
You may also dress your character as you please, in a range of different clothing styles. But they are all just clothing, and won't make much of a difference in combat. This is both a good and a bad thing; as it's nice to customize your character any way you want; but you'll sometimes wish there was any way to upgrade yourself for combat.
The game mixes a relaxed but serious attitude with extreme quirkiness that sometimes come off as witty, and sometimes as just dumb. Sometimes it breaks immersion, such as when you interact with NPC's and it feels over the top. Other times, it may add to the experience, such as a quest where you're stuck inside a tabletop RPG.
As for the main story, I have two problems with it in particular. One thing is that it takes for granted that you do care for some of the characters. The truth is that you don't get to know them well enough until you're supposed to care for them; and you'll ever only see one side of them. They are all very obvious clichés though, so I doubt there would be much to know of them besides the obvious stereotypes.
The other part is that the game takes a new direction story wise during the ending. You think that you're about to win, when you're suddenly facing a new threat that's comes very unexplained and sudden. It's nice in one way, as this changes the gameplay style a bit. But as you progress through this problem, you're supposed to collect money; but a few hastily clicks away and your missing out on the possibility as the game doesn't explain to you that the story will proceed without any going back.
During this time of the story, you will probably start to explore the many different functions of the game. You may buy houses, either to live in or to collect rent from. You may get married and have kids, and you may just focus on exploring the world as you wish. There's loads to do and see, but many functions are mediocre at best. They sound good on paper, but aren't very interesting or advanced once you get into it. The game has it's strength in it's questing rather than in the crammed in extra functions.
But it's an overall big game, and it will bring you a lot of entertainment if you can see past some of the shallow aspects it has.… Expand
Nov 15, 2011WTF. They took everything fun from Fable 2 and threw it in the bin. Fable 3's graphics look very similar to Fable 2, gameplay is pretty muchWTF. They took everything fun from Fable 2 and threw it in the bin. Fable 3's graphics look very similar to Fable 2, gameplay is pretty much identical, AI is very stupid. The locations look good but again, set the next f***ing fable in another bloody world or country. Im sik of seeing the same detailed world, the same building designs and armours and weapons. It feels like Fable 2.
But the positive side is that the story is good, you get lost in the Main story because the quest get all mixed up and you have to figure out what you were up to when you load the game. But I had heaps of fun with alot of the quest, had heaps of fun with the options the game gave you in its world and you could have quiet alot of fun with the co-op. But the gameplay is still fable 2 but more simple. Fable 4 better improve on Fable 2 and not 3.… Expand
Jun 2, 2011This game is overhyped garbage that was rushed to release and the game suffers from crippling bugs because of it. The game looks bad, theThis game is overhyped garbage that was rushed to release and the game suffers from crippling bugs because of it. The game looks bad, the sound is forgettable, the combat is way to easy, the story is blah. *sigh*
There is no real map...at all. You must rely on buggy golden pathways to get about. I've said enough, save yourself some money and don't buy this game. Play the Witcher 2 or Dragon age 2 instead. =)… Expand
May 22, 2011Good:
- it finally came out on the PC
- an RPG that has a sense of humor ~~Bad: - graphics are bad; it's not completely bad but at least theGood:
- it finally came out on the PC
- an RPG that has a sense of humor
- graphics are bad; it's not completely bad but at least the graphics should have been enhanced for the PC platform.
- economy system is trash; players can earn millions of gold but there isn't really anything that is worth buying.
- a story that is empty and bland; save the country and that's it.
it is not worth the full price.… Expand
Jan 11, 2013I am super impressed with this game! Its nothing less than amazing! How they took this unique world, beautiful universe and KILLED IT! THEYI am super impressed with this game! Its nothing less than amazing! How they took this unique world, beautiful universe and KILLED IT! THEY F*CKING RUINED IT. Dont buy this ever. Ever! How People can like this is beyond me. Any critic reccomending this is either extremely high, hates money pr is getting paid by developers. This game derserves a 0 score anytime… Expand