8.6

1. Oct 17, 2010
    This game is one of the best I've ever played. I've been playing it since it came to PC, and I have to say I enjoyed it even more than it's Xbox 360 sequel. The game is thrilling and open, and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a great time!
  2. Nov 26, 2010
    This game is an absolute master piece compared to the other 2. I loved this game, the date i was set in and the story was enough for me. This game has a very large world with many great secrets to be discovered. The story and gameplay is what separates this from so many other games of its type. Obvious buy you will not be disappointed.
  3. May 2, 2011
    The best game I have ever played.
    I must have completed this game 30 times yet I still am not bored.
    Best of all fable games you just go in their with your beastly plate mail armour and mash up the enemy,s
    I recommend this game to any gamer i also have this game on Xbox but I would go for the pc one because of the sharper images and higher graphics capability.
  4. Dec 30, 2011
    This game is fantastic, even to this day. The combat is still solid enough to meet today's standards in well made games. There's plenty of different armor sets, and you can mix match. I played this game when it first came out, and I still play it today-- the story line is a gripping one, and lets you choose here and there what you want to do based on bad or good. Your appearance even changes due to the choices. There's multiple ways of making money for an Action RPG, from just killing monsters, to renting out houses and collecting the money. I have played all the Fables, and the first is still by far the best. If you haven't played it and are skeptical on buying it, I highly recommend this game. Expand
  5. Mar 10, 2012
    a perfect rpg in every tense,the choices between good and evil,legendary weapons and secrets and a brilliant storyline.undoutebly one of the best games ever,by now the graphics are a bit outdated but the game still feels awesome,you have a whole world to explore,you can buy yourself a home or go adventuring and do loads of side quests although in my opinion the storyline is a bit short but you will pretty much hear that from any fable fan. Expand
  6. Jan 7, 2013
    Easily my favorite game of all time. This is a brilliant RPG from Lionhead that still far surpasses any game I have ever played. The combat system is probably one of the best I've ever seen (I have no idea why some reviewers say otherwise), the story is neat without being overwhelming or boring, the choices that you make are quite satisfying and determine several factors further down the road as to what equipment/armor you will use and what story lines you unlock. Yes, the end result is ultimately the same, but I love that Fable didn't try to overextend itself and force several main story lines. It stuck to what it was able to accomplish, unlike so many other games these days are able to do. If you are at all a fan of RPGs or any other type of real-time game, you will absolutely love Fable: The Lost Chapters. I have played this game since the original was released on the Xbox years ago and I still love it to death. No, it is not as deep, complex, or involved as other modern-day RPGs, but that's what I love about it. My only wish is for a higher difficulty setting as the game is just a tad bit too easy, but otherwise this is the most incredible game I have ever played.....Kudos to Lionhead. I only wish they had continued the spectacular design into Fable II and III which are certainly two of the worst RPGs of all time. I can't possibly give this game any less than a 10/10. Expand
  7. Dec 31, 2012
    Okay this was the first game that i every played on the original X-box and I loved it. I still play it today over Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2, and all the other block buster titles that i own. This game is worth it and for only 2.49 on steam you have to get it. Also Fable 2 and 3 were also great game, (more of 2 then 3), but no game that I have every had has been as good of this game... GET IT
  8. May 30, 2013
    Lionhead Studios did an awesome job on this game, but it could have been just a tad bit better. For instance, some things you see in Fable II, such as having children was planned for the original Fable but it didn't happen. The main story is rather short and there could have been a bigger variety of weapons and armor. However, most fans, including myself, consider TLC to be the best in the series thus far. Frankly, I believe it to be one of the best games I've played, period. Although the main quest is short, you can pace yourself, putting 100 plus hours into one play through. Furthermore, despite what some critics have stated, the game has a lot of replay value. A good example of this is how people appear. In one game, Mr. Gout, the school teacher was old, bald and wore glasses. In my next game, he was young, had a full head of hair and no glasses. The children appeared different as well. There's so much to do in between quests, it's quite mind boggling. You can buy houses, play card games, get drunk, get other people drunk, and even though you can only play a male protagonist if TLC, you can marry either a man or a woman. In addition, the AI in this game is very good, and people remember things you do. If you break wind or belch in front of someone, they might call you out on it the next time they see you. The crime is also pretty good. You can get busted for stealing or even trespassing. You have the option to be a saint or a devil, where people will cheer or scream as you pass by. All in all, it's a super great game that I still play today. 9/10. Expand
  9. Aug 16, 2013
    Fable defined the moral choice system in modern video games. The in-game choices all led to the same end, but the game was about HOW you got there, lending it some ability to tell you about how you think of the world. The path to ultimate victory can be littered with the corpses of old allies, the remains of tortured souls, or it can be littered with whatever poor chumps were nearest to hand, it really is up to you. When you are old and withered, you can ignore the masses who scorn you, or you can scorn them in turn and devote your hero to Skorm to reclaim your youth. The demon doors have mutually-exclusive requirements, and while they can be met by more than one criteria in many cases, they still need you to replay at least once to open them all. All in all, The Lost Chapters is a massive success, and plays well to this day on any console. Just don't pick up any of the sequels. Expand
  10. Oct 31, 2010
    You can assume that when it's literally painful to press the "off" button while playing this game, it's a phenomenal game.
  11. Sep 25, 2013
    One of my favorite games of all time, although it hasn't aged well. Back in it's day, it was brilliant, and revolutionary. Having AI that would respond to your decisions and being able to do whatever you wanted, hell, being able to STEAL from shops was revolutionary in itself. Now though, the gameplay has become somewhat of a staple of any action/RPG, and the animations for mouth movement are...dated to say the least.

Overall, if you are REALLY into action/RPG's, get this. Gameplay is very solid and feels very good, RPG elements are very balanced with the gameplay; you could beat the whole game without ever leveling up your skills if you really chose to do so, though it would be extremely hard, but if you are picking this up for anything but the gameplay, there are better examples of aciton/RPG's out there nowadays.
  12. Aug 4, 2011
    Best rpg out there, puts lesser rpgs like baldur's gate and Fable III to shame. ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddddddddd game.
  13. Nov 27, 2011
    a very good rpg with a lot of stuff to do many secret items and quest ! a very good and strange story that i havent expect it ! it was a lot of fun to me i have play it for a lot of hours its so bad that falbe 2 and 3 wasnt even close to the first title.... :(
  14. Nov 12, 2013
    "look at the cheeks on that!" One of the all time great RPGs with a few flaws but all the same, a total masterpiece. Linear storyline but yet feels open world. Lots of fun.
  15. Jan 4, 2012
    This game started it all for me, all the video games I play now, the reason I am a PC gamer is because of this game and it has won my personal title of favourite game. The game play and storyline are all very solid and even competes with todayâ
  16. Jan 2, 2012
    It's one of the best RPG-like games! Very good plot and it's very beautiful! When it was first released i was playing it on and on! And when i've ended it i had started it again!
  17. Dec 28, 2011
    One of the first RPG games i ever played (first played on the first xbox!), You cant knock this game as it was the same gen as Elder scrolls Morrowind etc in my opinion sucks (but Skyrim rocks), anyway Fable TLC = 10+++ A+++ and altogether geneius!
  18. Jan 7, 2012
    Great game, but not the greatest. It has some drawbacks such as areas of combat that are too difficult, and the leveling system isn't my favorite. Some of the more positive things are the re-playability of the game. You can choose to be evil/good or somewhere in between. Both sides have their ups and downs. If you have an extra 10 bucks layin around, and want a game to kill some time, I would recommend going to steam and downloading this game. Expand
  19. Jan 21, 2012
    The only shortcoming of this game is the characters in the game do not leave any impression. (Any kind of impression). Well, maybe Jack has a little? Overall, still a fun game, and it is cheap now. If you looking for a fun game play, this is for you. If you looking for a game that has fantastic story, this might not suit you.
  20. Apr 16, 2012
    Fable 1 was for me something totally new. So when i started playing this i was like: Well let's see what this will be. After playing it for a few hours i was like. Awesome! I heard people talking about leveling systems and i was like: people is it that hard? It's a adventure game!. You only can but skills like you van buy weapons with money! But this game is totally a classic in his genre. Played it 4 times. Never get bored Expand
  21. Feb 4, 2014
    The best Fable game and a great RPG back in the day. Re-bought recently and surprisingly its weathered quite well. Still a great solid title and a must buy for RPG lovers everywhere.
  22. Feb 8, 2013
    Fable TLC is one of my favorite games of all time! It has a nice storyline and good gameplay that's even better than Fable 2 on the Xbox 360. The downside is that once the game ends you won't feel like playing that much anymore because there's no exciting quests left. But this is a recommended game if your looking for an adventure!
  23. May 8, 2013
    I may be a little biased towards this game as it is one of my all time favorites.

My first encounter with Fable was on the Xbox, before lost chapters was released. Since then I have absolutely fallen in love with Lost Chapters. This is a game that I keep going back to and I have easily racked up 500+ hours in 8 years.

I love the fantasy play style with bows and swords being the main
    weapon of choice. This is definitely a game for anyone who is a huge fantasy geek! The three hero disciplines still give way to a huge variety of play through options if you have the patience to achieve what you set out to do. There are a lot of different weapons to play through with as a purist, or you can mix weapons with magic, or just go for pure Will power.

The world layout was perfect for what was needed, neither over, nor under doing it. Although there were only a few voice actors, the accents from all over Great Britain were very amusing and sometimes charming.

On the downside, there was a lot missing from Fable:TLC as well. Originally, the dog was supposed to feature in the first title, not the second. This was a last minute removal by Lion Head. There were also promises of plants growing in real time, seasons changing, children and families however, a lot of this was pushed into the second title. Being an old game, there are a few bugs. Tattoos will occasionally turn to green leaves on the skin and the eyes of the hero will turn a lime green giving a fairly eerie look. There are also numerous exploits, such as the Rose Cottage silver key glitch and the ransom victim age glitch. But these just add to the charm of the game, and if they were to be fixed, it would be turned into something new and strange.

Overall, I love this game and I imagine I will still put in a few more playthrough's before uninstalling. It is a game I will always go back to.
  24. Jun 20, 2013
    This game is perfect in almost every way. Great origin story of Theresa the Seer and the also the Hero of Oakvale (who you play as). The gameplay is solid, the interface is very good and comfortable. The quests are fun and I also LOVE the good/bad hero system here. The only thing I dislike is the looks of not only the hero, but also other characters.
  25. Oct 5, 2013
    The game has one of the very loved aspects, non-linear gaming and you own decisions, what more could you want. I found the game quite enjoyable, the world was very interactive, some decisions changed areas of the world. Their is also some humor in the game, not much of a sense of it. But whenever someone says non-linear or customize-able I always think of Fable TLC because it gave that feeling that you truly had decisions that would affect your game play. I have always enjoyed the Fantasy feel it gave me, with the perfect mix of Medievil. Expand
  26. Sep 26, 2013
    Simply put, the best game I've ever played. This game may have not given me 500 hours of gameplay, but the 50 hours I played it through my childhood and adolescence have been the best gaming moments that I will never forget. This is how you make a video game, is exciting, interesting, fun, and just touches your soul.
  27. Oct 13, 2013
    Technical Issues[10]
    ------------------------------------
    Over All[8.8]
  28. Dec 30, 2013
    by far the best RPG out there, I've finished this campaign multiple times, every time with different skills. I think games in which you can farm to become overpowered are a lot of fun. also the side-missions and the demon doors are brilliant. it does have a bit of a predictable and cliche campaign, but great for the gamer who just wants to play a rpg and doesn't really care about the story-line. short said, a good game but not for every gamer. Expand
  29. Mar 12, 2014
    Fable is definitely one of the most intense experience I lived as a gamer. Of course, it is not absolutely perfect. But if you really enter this universe, you'll discover an extraordinary experience.
  30. Apr 25, 2014
    This game is one of my fondest childhood memories. When I played it,I never heard of its hype or anything like that. Of course now I do,and game failed on that aspect,but it's still a very good RPG game. The story maybe little bit too simple,but it left me with such a warm feeling that i will never be able forget. The combat system is pretty simple,but it's easy to learn and fun to use. It's not very balanced. Some things are better than the others. There's a character progression your character changes as it ages. When you increase specific stats, your character appearance changes as well. There's good variety of special weapons,than are unique on their own right. Also there's karma system,which changes on how you preform on your side quests or story missions, if characters goes towards good side it gets a halo,if it goes towards the dark side it gets horns. Also you get tittles which are based on your actions,you can chose variety of them. You can marry (sort of) and there's a lot of other side content which is really important. Overall this game is not really that long,it probably took me a little bit over 35 hours to 100% ,but the whole package is amazing. Story is simple but interesting and easy to follow,combat is simplistic but there's a lot of skills and decent variety of unique weapons. Side content is amazing,there's a lot of extra stuff to do. There's a lot of choices that you can make. Overall it's one my favorite games of all time, I'm probably overlooking a lot of issues that this game has,but the memories from childhood were so amazing,that I just can't get it out of my head. I replayed it in my later years,and it still holds up quite nicely. Expand
  31. Apr 28, 2014
    One of the best games i've ever played and the best of the trilogy by far.. This game's history combined with a role-play game-play so refined as it is makes this game a idol from any RPG who suceed him and in fact the first one who made the "Your choices Your path" game-play style, inspiring a lot of more in the future.

1. A very accessible and pretty RPG. Perhaps it could benefit from added complexity and higher difficulty.
  2. Fun, but it lacks depth compared to other PC roleplaying games. [Nov 2005, p.78]
    You can see for yourself that Fable has damn fine looking graphics. The attention to detail can not really be underestimated in this respect. The character models look brilliant and the aesthetic changes in your hero’s look over time add just that little bit extra to the game’s finesse.