Faces of War PC

• Release Date: Sep 12, 2006
8.6

1. RobertReeks
    Jul 22, 2006
    That havent even bothered to check the use of english for the in game instructions, mission descriptions etc.
    The beautiful scenery blocks your view of almost all the action.
    was never really sure if an action I had clicked on was goung to occur or where it was going to affect. The mision I played, which the first part was to blow up the radar dish, seemed to get completed despite the
    The beautiful scenery blocks your view of almost all the action.
    The mision I played, which the first part was to blow up the radar dish, seemed to get completed despite the fact I had no idea what was going on.
    I've seen reviews on this game elsewhere on the web say how wondewrful this game is. They did not play the same game I did.
  2. HarmL.
    Mar 11, 2007
    What a waste of diskspace. A RTS without possibility to build up an army. And a strategy game without time to think. Controls are lousy cause you cannot see which commands you are giving the soldiers. Most of the time they just crawl in front of a machinegun nest instead of throwing a grenade. On top of this, every action is totally prescribed. Avoid this, even when in a bargain bin.

1. In most ways the game feels like so many European developed RTS titles that fail to connect with gamers that it's only the Direct Control function (and the well known logo of Ubisoft) that lifts it ever so slightly out of the crowd of other strategy games developed across mainland Europe.
  2. Faces of War proves that even something as formulaic as a World War II real-time strategy game can still go awry.
  3. Faces of War wins on several fronts with its attractive destructible environments and solid multiplayer options; unfortunately, it falls short of total victory with frustrating AI and extensive micro-management duties, especially in single-player.