6.9

1. Jan 20, 2013
    Initially you will feel this game has a lot of potential, a lot of adventures to be had and a lot of content to be explored. The game world is truly massive, from the amount of quests you can do to the amount of items that can be crafted. Unfortunately, this is kind of an illusion to what the game is actually like. First off, the player base is one on par with Runescape. You expect aInitially you will feel this game has a lot of potential, a lot of adventures to be had and a lot of content to be explored. The game world is truly massive, from the amount of quests you can do to the amount of items that can be crafted. Unfortunately, this is kind of an illusion to what the game is actually like. First off, the player base is one on par with Runescape. You expect a more mature, slightly more intelligent fan base in an mmo like this, much like the CoH or SWG fans. While you do get a few stragglers from those kinds of games, it seems the majority are completely clueless players who(this is not a joke)constantly ask about how to mount their horses or fire their guns. When I say constant I mean every 5 minutes. Every hour of every day.

Now you would think this is because of a lacking tutorial(true to an extent)a lack of available info on a game that has been out for 3 years(incredibly true)or maybe it's because of the archaic chat system they chose to use. Not only can you expect nothing more from Game Masters than an all caps message every few minutes or(if you're lucky!) an answer for how to get onto a horse, but there is literally no legitimate way of getting assistance for in game issues, from your character being stuck, to quests being bugged, to your horse disappearing from under you and teleporting up to 10 minutes away from your location. If anything you are told to call support, and surprise surprise, you aren't allowed access to support as a F2P player! The fact that they ban or mute players for talking in the only global chat they are allowed to have(help channel)is more than a little telling of how the GMs and player mods actually view your contributions to the game. That is to say, they don't care. What it all comes down to is just the lack of effort in this community, from the wiki that hasn't been edited in a few years, to no character planners being easily accessible, to knowledge bases in general being completely lacking...for a game like this to suffer those faults, it's almost unheard of. I've never in my life seen such a lackluster attitude towards improving a community, and while I enjoy playing this game, mcTwex was right in his review, this game will never become what it easily could have been, an amazing mmo that took great game mechanics from the mmos that defined what it was to be a sandbox mmorpg.

Perhaps when they realize that a better documented game leads to a more populated game, things will change. Unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon, as the only reason I see for the giant gaping hole in available information for the game is the complete failure on the developers part to foster a community who actually cares about the longevity of the game. I mean, if the developers themselves barely give a crap, why should the average player?
  2. Jun 8, 2013
    This was a major disappointment for me, I guess its because of played major MMO's previously and I've had great fun with the story line and so on. This game has no story line at the start, its just go there, kill that, do this... its not even obvious where to go or what to kill. The graphics are its biggest downfall, as the game was made by the company as APB Reloaded I had highThis was a major disappointment for me, I guess its because of played major MMO's previously and I've had great fun with the story line and so on. This game has no story line at the start, its just go there, kill that, do this... its not even obvious where to go or what to kill. The graphics are its biggest downfall, as the game was made by the company as APB Reloaded I had high expectations, obviously I was wrong to expect much... good character skills, but a bit confusing for newer players. Most my game time on the game was running around looking for quests and spending over 30 minutes traveling to each small quest... Expand
  3. Aug 29, 2013
    Fallen Earth with Icarus in charge (2009 to 2011): excellent game! Totally worth!

Fallen Erath with Gamers First in charge (2011 to present): horrendous game! Not worth at all!
  4. Oct 15, 2011
    The game is now new again, the setting is fantastic and the graphics are now at least enjoyable. The crafting ideas are fantastic but a bit nagging; your bags now fill even more horrifically full with random beast parts and foods well before you know what to do with it all. Easily the worst aspect of the game is combat; there seems to be no real 'moves' system, the AI is stupid and can seeThe game is now new again, the setting is fantastic and the graphics are now at least enjoyable. The crafting ideas are fantastic but a bit nagging; your bags now fill even more horrifically full with random beast parts and foods well before you know what to do with it all. Easily the worst aspect of the game is combat; there seems to be no real 'moves' system, the AI is stupid and can see through walls, stone and the planet itself sometimes... and nothing kills the atmosphere worse than humanoids randomly appearing out of thin air, usually quite literally and with zero aggro wait table. Very bad combat (ranged, melee, so-called mutagen skills, pick any) is frustratingly clunky and poorly animated. Think Jeremiah meets helbreath and you will have a good idea of what this is. The ambiance is fantastic but devs still do not take clues from the playerbase; on any given night you can read 5-10 messages a minute regarding people losing their horses... yes the solution is simple but really, would a whistle be too much to ask for?

Two years in and it is still very much a jagged unfinished work, one that has/had a sick amount of potential and will now go absolutely nowhere. A pure shame and an embarrassment of a game, even after they managed to fix almost all of the ridiculous glitches and lag that the game suffered from for.. two... years.

Ugh. Just... ugh.
  5. AnonYmous
    Oct 9, 2009
    clunky combat. what were they thinking. also their "no classes" hype is bollocks. there are really four classes - combat ranged (subclasses rifle and pistol), combat melee, crafter ranged (rifle or pistol) and crafter melee. there are only TWO ways to mitigate damage - dodge stat and armour use skill. the combat is the most simple of any game i have played for a long while, and that clunky combat. what were they thinking. also their "no classes" hype is bollocks. there are really four classes - combat ranged (subclasses rifle and pistol), combat melee, crafter ranged (rifle or pistol) and crafter melee. there are only TWO ways to mitigate damage - dodge stat and armour use skill. the combat is the most simple of any game i have played for a long while, and that isn't a compliment. Expand
  6. James
    Oct 10, 2009
    Very disappointing. The game itself has a interesting and well made story concept, but the graphics engine is horribly lacking. Add in an extremely repetitive quest system and the fact that there are no little things to help keep your interest, I'm forced to suggest that everyone keep away from this. Maybe if they fix the huge lag and stability issues. Not to mention the lack of Very disappointing. The game itself has a interesting and well made story concept, but the graphics engine is horribly lacking. Add in an extremely repetitive quest system and the fact that there are no little things to help keep your interest, I'm forced to suggest that everyone keep away from this. Maybe if they fix the huge lag and stability issues. Not to mention the lack of content. Maybe then it will be worth playing. But even then it certainly will never be worth the monthly payment plus the upfront cost of $50. Expand
  7. May 3, 2012
    Really? Don't even try it. I want my hour and a half back. There is no way that I never, ever, in my whole life, launch it again. Just look at those creepy arms and hands.
  8. KISSTORY
    Oct 15, 2009
    I have played this game since Open Beta. It was fun for about 3 days, then it got worse. They did early entry and the bugs piled in. They did launch day and more bugs than you can whack a stick at are here and it gets worse each day. GM's are in the game (sometimes).Why? Because of a major bug where you toon gets stuck and only THEY can teleport you out. Most you hear is submit a I have played this game since Open Beta. It was fun for about 3 days, then it got worse. They did early entry and the bugs piled in. They did launch day and more bugs than you can whack a stick at are here and it gets worse each day. GM's are in the game (sometimes).Why? Because of a major bug where you toon gets stuck and only THEY can teleport you out. Most you hear is submit a /bug report. I have sent in several. Lost items. (not returned) Broken quest items. (still broken to this day) Lost quest advancement and AP's and XP's. (Still broken) Random crashes.(almost daily) Told to be patient this is a new game. It's been out for over a year. (Closed Beta, Open beta, Early Entry and now Paying Live time) Same bugs same lies. Save yourself the headache and money. Don't bother with this game. Expand
  9. CurtisD.
    Sep 27, 2009
    Very boring, sucky combat, an enviornment that first of all is not immersive and is completely rip-offed of Fallout, bad graphics, and uncompelling fights and monsters. Good job Icarus.
  10. RobertM.
    Sep 29, 2009
    I have found nothing new or fresh about the game. It is just like every other MMO, except it gives less details about shortcuts etc., and the player chat is often overwhelming. Also fairly laggy. Game mechanics are crude and its graphics are poor.
  11. Feb 27, 2012
    This game is not one of the best games I've played due to the horrible lag. The lag is so bad that when I shoot an enemy they don't even respond until 3-5 seconds later, so during that time the enemy is not moving making it easy to just head-shot him 8 times which for easy AI's its a kill. The graphics aren't bad but the texture of the items are bad.
  12. Aug 3, 2013
    this game is an extremely pathetic rip off of fallout. it has a stoyline that makes no sense when you can find it, the combat is lazy and broken, and the enemy AI is retarded.
  13. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is just terrible. If you love spending real money to win a game then you'd love it.
    It's loaded full of children, immature staff, sticky controls, crap level design, lots of fetch quests, button mashing auto lock on combat and headaches.
  14. AlexanderS
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fallen Earth is the worst MMO that ive ever played!!!!! Poor graphics, extremely boring tutorial and free play of course too. I ve been playing this game for 40 minutes and it have been the worst minutes in my life!!! Plz dont buy it!! Dont play It. Save your nerves!!Fallen is a crap,nothing more.
  15. Feb 23, 2012
    This is what you get when you mix the backdrop of any generic post-Apoc, the crafting system of Runescape (which makes up about 95% of time played), the graphics of a Playstation 1, a generic MMO quest system, the bugs of a beta Bethesda game, and GMs recruited directly from the National Society of Anally Inserted Broomstick Enthusiasts. Everything they hyped about this game was a lie.
  16. Mar 30, 2012
    This game was a good game when it was released, but since he lost everything.

The graphics engine is poorly optimized, the gameplay really unpleasant and poorly balanced. Paid subscriptions are expensive and bring more problems than they do benefit (bug craft which sometimes makes it impossible to craft). Add a repetitive and unbalanced PvP, no customer support (the GameMasters do not
    This game was a good game when it was released, but since he lost everything.

Add a repetitive and unbalanced PvP, no customer support (the GameMasters do not even know if a player has a paid subscription or not), bugs of land collision, your character's eyes that change with time all alone , which attack the enemies through walls, speed spawn unmanageable, stupid AI.

Fallen Earth you get!

The challenge is not to survive the Wastelands, but to survive the deplorable quality of the game
  17. May 11, 2013
    I've got into about an hour or two into this game, it looked very promising as a F2P game. It felt very similar to the popular game called Fallout. The graphics are great once you start the game, very detailed. The controls are slightly wonky but I think new players will get used to it over time. I really enjoyed the combat system, and how players are able to to go into 3rd person or evenI've got into about an hour or two into this game, it looked very promising as a F2P game. It felt very similar to the popular game called Fallout. The graphics are great once you start the game, very detailed. The controls are slightly wonky but I think new players will get used to it over time. I really enjoyed the combat system, and how players are able to to go into 3rd person or even 1st person when equipped with guns. My main concern with this game was how easily a person who is new to this game could get muted in the "help" chat because of a silly question. With no previous knowledge of rules implemented into the chat I got muted and the customer support would state the rules AFTER getting muted. For the rest of the time I could not use the help chat as I had more questions based on the game. Which was very unfortunate.
    Lastly I would love to enjoy to spend money on this game and time, but to me, my money is better spent elsewhere.
  18. Feb 25, 2012
    You can tell within the first few moments of the game on its overall quality. For a game released in 2009 it looks as great as anarchy online. Although anarchy was a great mmo, this is not. The controls are clunky and not well lain out. The story rips elements from various post apocalypse stories that I wasn't all too interested in.

Its a shame that the quality and controls ruined what

Its a shame that the quality and controls ruined what could have been a great mmo
  19. May 19, 2012
    game was awesome till the 2.4 patch. F2P is now barely viable and the faction balance has been screwed all to hell. It;s not p2W quite, but it;s getting a lot closer. I would say the metascore is now out of date. This is not the game it was even a few days ago. it should be in the mid to low 50s atm. At this point if you wind up joining the wrong faction you will never be an equalgame was awesome till the 2.4 patch. F2P is now barely viable and the faction balance has been screwed all to hell. It;s not p2W quite, but it;s getting a lot closer. I would say the metascore is now out of date. This is not the game it was even a few days ago. it should be in the mid to low 50s atm. At this point if you wind up joining the wrong faction you will never be an equal player in the game. PVP has been ramped way up in importance while PVE is still being ignored. And the ramp up of PVP has made the PVP problems worse not better. Expand
  20. Jul 6, 2014
    Don't go near this game!!! The developers told me themselves they don't care about players just money! That is why it is pay 2 play nothing more nothing less. If I can figure a class action lawsuit I would because the developers and GM's don't care about anything but themselves the developers probably came from EA it's that bad!! Metacritic doesn't care either or they would only play freeDon't go near this game!!! The developers told me themselves they don't care about players just money! That is why it is pay 2 play nothing more nothing less. If I can figure a class action lawsuit I would because the developers and GM's don't care about anything but themselves the developers probably came from EA it's that bad!! Metacritic doesn't care either or they would only play free to play then review the whole game! Expand
  21. Dec 25, 2015
    Before you even play this awful game, you are forced to make an account so that they can spam your inbox with in-game purchases. And that's just the beginning. This game has one of the worst combat systems ever made. all you do is hit enemies over and over for what seem to be an eternity while completing repetitive missions over and over again. It is free on Steam, but it's still not worthBefore you even play this awful game, you are forced to make an account so that they can spam your inbox with in-game purchases. And that's just the beginning. This game has one of the worst combat systems ever made. all you do is hit enemies over and over for what seem to be an eternity while completing repetitive missions over and over again. It is free on Steam, but it's still not worth your time. Expand
  22. Jun 29, 2014
    I logged 40 hours on this game and finally gave up.
    I logged 40 hours on this game and finally gave up.
    Lets see, it's like a Fallout MMMO right? What a fantastic idea! The truth is, the mechanics are B-R-O-K-E-N. You can't loot/gather from a mount, you'll randomly get stuck in walls, there are different types of "banks" you can store in but not every town has all types so you'll end up having go back to one town to get the crap you stored so you can turn it in at another town. There aren't any "classes" and the faction system initially designed for classes was ripped apart and is now useless to the player. Oh, and it's pay-to-play essentially. Really a great concept but the devs obviously stopped caring years ago and have yet to fix many of the broken mechanics or even respond to help requests. SKIP THIS

1. Fallen Earth is truly a nice MMORPG. In spite of its mix of well-known and overused gameplay formulas and storyline ideas, some of which are very close to Fallout 3, the end product is really various and immersive, and its 5000 square kilometres map is simply astonishing.
  2. Fallen Earth doesn’t exude the polish witnessed in recent MMOs. It’s barely adequate in terms of visuals, excruciating stretches of nothing are common, and I have never encountered so many bugs in a launch-product. And yet, it’s crawled beneath my skin.
    The game itself is like nothing else on the market. The steep initial learning curve will filter out all but a certain type of player. Those who give the game a chance and can handle being completely in control of their character's destiny will find a deeply nuanced and rewarding play experience that is unique among its competitors.