7.6

1. Aug 6, 2013
    I decided to try it out despite of the more favorable reviews lately.. Sadly, the new dlc hasn't improved the issues with the game. Bad UI, lacking graphics and game play. I really wanted to like this game, but it left me just wishing for a better alternative.
  2. saz
    Jun 1, 2013
    Utter trash. Combat is horrible as are controls. I've reinstalled it twice and I can't even get started. After an hour, I just uninstall it again. I don't see how these bad games get such a good user score.
  3. Sep 30, 2013
    Legendary heroes is a step backwards to me. I liked recruiting things on the map not handed to me or the ai on a silver platter. Fallen Entrantress was progressing along quite fine until they jumped backwards two steps. Also my pride and joy the beastmaster is worthless not in favor of some summoning snobs...pfft.
  4. Nov 30, 2013
    A clunky, ugly, Civilization-style 4X strategy game that is overly complicated and makes little effort to explain itself. Fallen Enchantress makes a big deal about its RPG elements, even including a win condition where you can practically play it as a single player RPG to defeat the ancient evil while virtually ignoring your in-game neighbors. You can also equip your (legendary) heroes with armor, weapons, and trinkets, put points into large active & passive skill trees, and use them to enhance your cities, increase your resources, or just go out and kill big monsters. However I feel all this added complexity takes away from the strategy elements of the game and are poorly explained; there is only ONE 10 minute tutorial for the whole game, with everything else explained through tooltips, brief popups and an in-game encyclopedia. In fact, many of the new game "tutorial" popups just link to the in-game manual's page on that topic.

If you can look past the low quality, repetitive music, terrible graphics with flat, undetailed textures and poor character models (why is everything so ugly when there are so many close-ups of your heroes?), clunky UI, and tinny SFX, you might have fun with this game. Fallen Enchantress is a very mundane 4X Civilization style strategy game that tries to be something bigger but is too underdeveloped to be worth playing.
  5. Oct 28, 2013
    A lot of crash during game and when loading saved files (with 5 different hardware configs). Because of bugs, the price is really expensive. Prefer to buy a Civ5 and/or might and magic for the same price.

1. Jan 10, 2014
    One of those games that you sit down to play for half an hour and end up spending whole night with. It’s not flawless (e.g. it lacks a multiplayer mode) but you will not regret investing time in it. [01/2014, p.50]
  2. Oct 15, 2013
    Competition in the 4X space might seem quaint to some, but Stardock easily proves that there’s more than one great ruler who deserves fealty.
  3. Oct 7, 2013
    Legendary Heroes is yet another step forward for Stardock, If you are not familiar at all with Elemental, the studio’s previous effort, or other 4X fantasy strategy games, it may even surprise you. It’s just not a stand-out game.