7.3

1. anonymous
    Dec 6, 2009
    Just to be clear for anyone who hasn't realized it yet: Bethesda purposely shortened the main quest and gimped the ending of Fallout 3 in order to sell it to you at a latter date. It approaches a mild form of extortion, and judging by the success of this and other comparable DLC, it's a sure thing that a growing number of incomplete games like this will be sold and resold to you Just to be clear for anyone who hasn't realized it yet: Bethesda purposely shortened the main quest and gimped the ending of Fallout 3 in order to sell it to you at a latter date. It approaches a mild form of extortion, and judging by the success of this and other comparable DLC, it's a sure thing that a growing number of incomplete games like this will be sold and resold to you again and again in the foreseeable future. As customers we should not accept this. Expand
  2. AnonymousMC
    Jun 14, 2009
    what is this garbage? sure the level cap and extended story is nice, but am I the only on who finds the broken steel campaign ridiculously hard? And also, what are with all of these 2 second quests? I got all of them in less than an hour!, Piece of crap, only good thing is raised level cap and being able to play forever, not that I would want to after this DLC did to it.
  3. Jun 30, 2014
    I created an account on metacritic just for this dlc, this poor excuse for an rpg story drops the player on the most annoying railroaded adventure ever seen in an rpg game. You are forced into the service of the brotherhood of steel who don't even bother asking you if you want it or not, you are given orders to do this and do that by the most annoying character I ever met(paladin Tristan)I created an account on metacritic just for this dlc, this poor excuse for an rpg story drops the player on the most annoying railroaded adventure ever seen in an rpg game. You are forced into the service of the brotherhood of steel who don't even bother asking you if you want it or not, you are given orders to do this and do that by the most annoying character I ever met(paladin Tristan) who is the anti-commander, instead of leading his troops he just barks orders at the player and sends him to far off locations, the majority of this dlc time is the time it takes to get to these locations on the edges of the map. this dlc brings nothing new or good to the game, people talking about the level cap are hilarious, if you want more perks or stats just use the console, I highly recommend to steer away from levels above 20 because the game leveled list become too ridiculous after that.

Stay away from this dlc, only terrible roleplaying opportunities and poor combat scenes await you here.
  4. KSnow
    May 31, 2009
    This extension adds a few hours play to the original game -- that took days or weeks to play. There isn't a sense of continuing the main story, but of completing a few extra quests that aren't central. For those playing the original offline, be prepared for an ordeal getting the update online -- the worst experience I've had registering online. Compared to the original, This extension adds a few hours play to the original game -- that took days or weeks to play. There isn't a sense of continuing the main story, but of completing a few extra quests that aren't central. For those playing the original offline, be prepared for an ordeal getting the update online -- the worst experience I've had registering online. Compared to the original, this rates a 2. It's a lot of trouble to download, register and install, and it isn't any bargain in terms of replay. Expand

1. Broken Steel is important in the sense that it continues the individual campaign of Fallout 3, however, its technical features and lack of novelty are a bit of a shame. The extension that we are discussing here offers a slightly longer duration than its preceding expansions, but it is less intense that the action in Operation Anchorage and less interesting than the captivating The Pitt.
  2. Put simply, if you love Fallout 3, Broken Steel is an essential purchase.
  3. Broken Steel certainly changes the game for the better and is a must buy for all Fallout 3 owners. Even the subtle changes to normal characters in the Wasteland are noticeable such as those slackers in Megaton who complain about the water. Bottom Line is that there is much to explore, must to experience and much to disintegrate in the game and this is why the final score is so high for the expansion.