Fallout 3: Point Lookout PC

7.8

1. Feb 13, 2015
    From my personal experience, I didn't enjoy Point Lookout due to the sudden stretch in difficulty, but it is a great DLC nonetheless. Having a Western-Style hill-billy DLC mixed with scientific concepts is unique and perfectly fitting for the post apocalyptic environment. Those that found the other DLC's too easy will be either pleased or shocked (like myself) with the much higher scaleFrom my personal experience, I didn't enjoy Point Lookout due to the sudden stretch in difficulty, but it is a great DLC nonetheless. Having a Western-Style hill-billy DLC mixed with scientific concepts is unique and perfectly fitting for the post apocalyptic environment. Those that found the other DLC's too easy will be either pleased or shocked (like myself) with the much higher scale in difficulty. Just like the other DLC's, the main campaign is short but there are side-quests and other ways to occupy yourself in Point Lookout. Characters are quirky and interesting, with a dangerous decision at the end of the campaign. Expand
  2. Nov 2, 2013
    Point Lookout is a aesthetically pleasing, rich and sometimes disturbing DLC that gains my interest from the environment alone, completely unique and absent from the Capital Wasteland but still nourishing the sense of post acopalyptia. I only played Operation: Anchorage on the Xbox 360, so before people think that i'm attempting to bring the rating up, I also have this for the pc, which isPoint Lookout is a aesthetically pleasing, rich and sometimes disturbing DLC that gains my interest from the environment alone, completely unique and absent from the Capital Wasteland but still nourishing the sense of post acopalyptia. I only played Operation: Anchorage on the Xbox 360, so before people think that i'm attempting to bring the rating up, I also have this for the pc, which is my preferred style of playing any game, period, just so as long as my pc can handle it. Anyhow, the missions themselves are wrestled uniquely, the main quest being somewhat indifferent from the environment, however, in a way throwing me back to the faction-based quests of Skyrim's civil war and so on. That particular quest confused me a bit, not by the narrative of the work, but of how a battle between two great minds were in the setting of redneck county and of the marshlands of Maryland. The experience is compelling nonetheless, seeing the beauty of the mechanics finally unfold, webbed with environments blooming with interaction and a sense of awe. The rednecks themselves are also interesting, but also quite disturbing too, having to fight the most downtrodden of the inbred, with a noticable hint of radiation trailing off their autonomy. Of all the DLC's I have played from FO3: Point Lookout, like New Vegas' Mothership Zeta, will be one of the few that I will be willing to come back to play again. Expand
  3. Mar 4, 2012
    Absolutely the direction dlc in fallout 3 should have universally gone. And consequently the best dlc for fallout 3. My only complaint is the length, which is a little short. It has a few standout moments that are very memorable as well.

1. So, then: the best expansion so far and the game at its worst. Such a contradiction could only be made by Bethesda.
  2. The new game world looks great, and the omnipresent vegetation is a real change from the barren rock and destroyed highways that we’re used to. At times the frame rate seemed to take a bit of a hit, but this issue never became serious enough to affect gameplay - the action was just a bit less smooth than usual.
    Point Lookout is one of the better Fallout 3 expansions and feels well worth the $10 price tag. There's a brand new area with over a half dozen trippy and exciting missions to find and work through. Plus, there are inbred hillbillies. If you're still looking for more Fallout 3, definitely give Point Lookout a try.