8.1

1. Aug 8, 2011
    One of the best RPG games ever.
    Great story, Great game play, paradise for Mods
    you can play this game for over the 300 hour if not more
    you can customize your own character, and you level by an XP system
    that has bin put in very nice

Sealreth,
  2. Aug 24, 2011
    a great game, given that its a Fallout game, and its made by Bethesda, who is responsible for the Elder Scrolls, you would expect a winning combination, and they delivered with this one. there are a couple gripes about this game i have, 1 is the somewhat clunky menu system, 2 is the somewhat dodgy physics at times and awkward gameplay mechanics, and 3 is the sheer number of bugs anda great game, given that its a Fallout game, and its made by Bethesda, who is responsible for the Elder Scrolls, you would expect a winning combination, and they delivered with this one. there are a couple gripes about this game i have, 1 is the somewhat clunky menu system, 2 is the somewhat dodgy physics at times and awkward gameplay mechanics, and 3 is the sheer number of bugs and glitches in the game. I can kind of understand the bugs and glitches since the game is just so freaking massive, but they really should have tried to fix those kinds of things in the Oblivion engine. Ive noticed people complain about the story and some complain about how pointless the game is... apparently they dont understand what this game is and cant get a clue as to what the heck is going on. the entire premise is that you, who has never been outside of a nuclear shelter in their life, all of a sudden is forced outside into the wastelands. at that point, you are free to do what you want, whether its going for the main story, which is the pursuit of your missing father, or exploring the wastes for useful stuff. the last thing i want to complain about is the GfWL, M$ needs to stop trying to get into PC gaming again, their days of glory are over, its not the days of "Rise of Nations" anymore. M$ needs to stop getting into things if they are going to half-ass their work. however, with all those things aside, Fallout 3 really is a great game that has a pretty good story to back it up too, if only the mechanics were more like New Vegas, where they threw out any semblance of a good story... Expand
  3. Sep 29, 2011
    Now this game is worthy of the title "epic". Same scenario as the wonderful 1st and 2nd Fallouts, with a new engine and perspective on the game. Everything you could want in a Fallout game, and more.
  4. Dec 4, 2012
    Fallout 3 is one of the greatest of the games since ever,no one could doubt its value.As the time i goes out of the vault 101,a story begins and a legendary is beginning to write.I can spend hours and hours and i can breakd it out once again and again,much more, the mods,everyone knows that.
  5. May 25, 2013
    Bravo Bethesda, Bravo. This game was logged as over 10 hours the first night I purchased it. If you're reading this for decisions of purchase, I highly recommend it. When you choose to speak with a being, you are given plenty of options, and decisions. As far as travel, fluid controls, and RPG elements, I give them 10/10. As far as you play this game, it is impossible to see the game wasBravo Bethesda, Bravo. This game was logged as over 10 hours the first night I purchased it. If you're reading this for decisions of purchase, I highly recommend it. When you choose to speak with a being, you are given plenty of options, and decisions. As far as travel, fluid controls, and RPG elements, I give them 10/10. As far as you play this game, it is impossible to see the game was made in 2008. It looks like the graphics from Bioshock Infinite! When you play this game, it is impossible to do everything that is possible in the game. As far as character customization, you can select your facial type, hair, hair color, eyes, and even have traits like strength, agility, etc. I would give the game a 10/10, but there is just something about the game when you're playing it, that just makes you get off. This is better than Fallout: New Vegas because, this one is the more post-apocalyptic feel of a world. New Vegas has that element in some areas, but overall it is just too civilized. I love this game. And if I lost my data in this game, I would throw my PC out the window! Expand
  6. Dec 27, 2013
    I will admit some bias as this was my first open-world go and do what you want game, but the moments that make you feel as though you are watching a movie instead of playing a game make this game worth it. The graphics make sense for its time, the characters you encounter are believable and you can relate with each of them, the combat is just difficult enough to make you work (while notI will admit some bias as this was my first open-world go and do what you want game, but the moments that make you feel as though you are watching a movie instead of playing a game make this game worth it. The graphics make sense for its time, the characters you encounter are believable and you can relate with each of them, the combat is just difficult enough to make you work (while not hindering you) and you want to go back to explore more even after beating the game. Expand
  7. Dec 27, 2013
    This is one of my all-time favourite games. The story is captivating and there is SO much to do in the Capital Wasteland. There are many side-quests and freeform quests, and dozens of items to collect.
    The PC version, in my opinion, as far better than the console ports, mostly because of the controls. I find this game MUCH easier to play with a mouse rather than a controller.
    Also, the
    Also, the DLC is amazing. Each one adds at least two or three hours of gameplay, or even more.

In short, if you like RPG games and/or action games, GET THIS GAME NOW.
  8. Jun 10, 2014
    Otro de los juegos que más pavor me producía que hicieran mal pero cuyo resultado fue mejor del esperado. Uno de los grandes mundos abiertos en los que vagabundear por DC destruido por bombas nucleares ya vale el precio. Sin duda una compra óptima.
  9. Mar 21, 2015
    One of the best games of the last generation. Vast open world that's far more immersive than elder scrolls and each mission has a unique back story. The combat is far superior to ES as well. Get the GOTY year and get lost in its brilliance.
  10. Jan 31, 2014
    Fallout 3 is - 6 years down the line - probably my favourite game. It's also one of the only two games |I've given a 10 to here on Metacrtic.

It's not perfect (crashing is a way of life) but the open world game-play gives the option for creating your own story or just mucking about that no other sandbox game I've played has yet managed to capture.
  11. Dec 9, 2013
    A fun game to play, especially if you played Fallout 1 or 2 before. They managed to mix the old turn-based combat and skill very well with modern fps, I was suprised how good it works! The post apocalyptic feeling shines. You get a big sandbox gameplay with a not too interesting main plot, but with many creative and fun side quest, tons of items and characters to meet. I played it overA fun game to play, especially if you played Fallout 1 or 2 before. They managed to mix the old turn-based combat and skill very well with modern fps, I was suprised how good it works! The post apocalyptic feeling shines. You get a big sandbox gameplay with a not too interesting main plot, but with many creative and fun side quest, tons of items and characters to meet. I played it over twice, and also played all of the expansions as well. (Those were below the level of the main game, sadly, but still all right if you manage to buy them cheap.) Expand
  12. Jun 15, 2013
    Considering its release date, I think FO3 should rate about an 8. Despite a few issues, its a great game that is very huge and offers so much to do(especially with all the player created mods and so forth). So why did I rate it a 10? I see some other reviewers in here literally admitted to rating the game at "0" for the sole reason to influence its overall score down to something "they"Considering its release date, I think FO3 should rate about an 8. Despite a few issues, its a great game that is very huge and offers so much to do(especially with all the player created mods and so forth). So why did I rate it a 10? I see some other reviewers in here literally admitted to rating the game at "0" for the sole reason to influence its overall score down to something "they" believe it should be. Its like they are spoiled little brats who spit on a cake cause they don't want anyone else to like it if they don't. Anyway, their tactic works both ways. I gave the game a 10 to counter some of their false scores. That means their score and my score cancel each other out but I can live with that Expand
  13. Jun 18, 2014
    Nearly every aspect of Fallout 3 has already been critiqued and reviewed. Everything in this game is nearly perfect. The player is left wanting more. The only real problem with this game is that it will crash occasionally, but what game doesn't?

I become immersed in the game really quickly and I have to admit that this causes me to overlook some of the game's obvious flaws and mess-ups. As another reviewer pointed out, shooting someone using VATS and aiming for a specific body part does not seem to effect, hamper or handicap them in any way. Although this is true, it never bothered me enough to ruin my gaming experience. I can even overlook just because it makes the enemy a bit more challenging.

I got the impression from negative reviewers that Fallout is boring, grey, depressing with the same thing everywhere you go. Hello, have these people forgotten where this game takes place? Post-nuclear, post-apocalyptic D.C. area! The whole point of the game is to take you to this dark, depressing time that offers little hope to humanity and the player. Fallout 3 does a great job of immersing players and giving them the feeling that they really are in a hell-hole wasteland. The dj, radio stations and choice of music was pure genius that really tied the game together. I don't know what a real post-nuclear apocalypse would feel like, but this game made me feel like I was in one.

My advice to new Fallout 3 players is to play the vanilla version from start to finish. If you liked it, browser around the Nexus website for the top-rated mods and select the ones that appeal to you. Mods have given this game even more replay value and have addressed most issues people have with the game.

Originally review Oct 27, 2011, revised Jun 18, 2014. Still love the game as much as I did when it was released.
  14. Nov 12, 2013
    Bethesda really knew that their style could be good for return of this legend. They`re got open world exploration, they`re got humor. Together with authentic visuals style and postnuclear atmosphere, they`re did something unbelievable.
    Right now, I`m slowely starting play Fallout 2. I remember this game from late 90`, because my Cousin played it. What I want to say is, that F3 has not that aspects of free world as his predecessor. Aspects what made him a legend. But has a great atmosphere, visual style, charakter creation, weapons, Story. Everything of this is make completely in original Fallout style. I`ve never played a game like this. Is not a legend, but one of the most incredible game of it`s generation.
  15. Feb 3, 2014
    ufff, how can i put it, this game sucked my life, when the game was out i played it around 2 years, not going to make a review about it, u can read plenty of them here, the only thing i can say is that the game is a freaking master piece, at his time was the best game i've ever saw, and now i still think on installing it and replay it.
  16. Dec 6, 2012
    Legendary! One of my favourite RPG's of all time, it's easy to forgive it's big amount of flaws but it's rather easy to forgive those when you have an fantastic open world, decent modding community and top notch DLC, A must have!
  17. Feb 24, 2014
    A great game with a very interesting story. Hours of gameplay. This is totally a special and a unique RPG. 1st Person shooter an third. The introduction was too long and difficult. It gives you a bad impression about the game. The V.A.T.S. sounds like cheating, but no. 2 headshots and the beasts still standing. Variety is good. I think this whole game is a big success and a huge fascinating work.
  18. Mar 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An excellent game where your choices actually alternate the ending. The leveling system is good with all needed skills and the perk system is out of this world. I can understand why someone wouldn't like this game that much but seriously someone gave a FREAKING 0 TO THIS GAME! It's understandable to give it a 7 but not 0 Expand
  19. Jan 29, 2013
    The depressing atmosphere, the gunplay, the graphics (although a bit dated, Fallout 3 still looks good), the sounds, the quests, the huge map ... Call me a fanboy, but since it came out, Fallout 3 is my #1 PC game, I literally spent hundreds of hours with it and can't wait for Fallout 4. Your turn, Bethesda.
  20. Mar 3, 2013
    Fallout all Parts are a all time favourite of mire. This is also perfect Gameplay with perfect atmossphere. -1 Point because of DLCs needed to get the whole experience for the game. But Fallout is moddable like oblivion and skyrim. You could, after gametime of over 200 Hours, easily add more features from downloads that a free of charge. Fallout show all other gamedevelopers how toFallout all Parts are a all time favourite of mire. This is also perfect Gameplay with perfect atmossphere. -1 Point because of DLCs needed to get the whole experience for the game. But Fallout is moddable like oblivion and skyrim. You could, after gametime of over 200 Hours, easily add more features from downloads that a free of charge. Fallout show all other gamedevelopers how to build a good world, with good balance and intresting skilltress.

Have fun build YOUR way and Play you'r way.
  21. Nov 16, 2012
    One of the best games I have ever played, I got it quite recently, and have already 'wasted' 40 hours on it. For people who look here to buy this game, I decided to refute some of the negative reviewers arguments.

It's world doesn't have enough stuff!: I don't know where you've been, but if you have a brain, you should be able to find ridiculous amounts of content, I recall there's 161 marked locations on the map, and that's not including the numerous unmarked locations and Downloadable Content areas.

But it's not the fallout game I'm used to!: Sorry, but it's now produced by Bethesda, and it was bound to change, personally I prefer it's FPS and faux turn system, but I can understand why others would prefer the old system. It's really a matter of preferance, just don't expect it to be the same as 1 and 2

It's lackluster and shouldn't be more than $10!: Think of it this way, most high quality games are $50-60, and while this is no longer the highest quality you can buy, it's worth the price you pay. Besides, if you buy it on steam, it's only 9.99 :P

It doesn't work for my system D:!: Well, not really anything to deny here, it does have alot of these problems. It mainly has trouble with windows 7, so if you don't have that you *should* be good. Sometimes it will freeze up on start, I advise restarting the game, it seems to work for me

The V.A.T.S. system is too overpowered!: Then don't use it, yep, it's really that simple. It's completely unnecessary and if you don't use it, you'll progress in the storyline just fine.

Storyline is too short!: It depends on what you consider storyline, if you just want to complete the necessary quests, then yes, but if you want to complete all the content in the game, it'll probably take a few days
  22. Jan 20, 2013
    One of the best RPG experiences you could ask for. A truly open world, tons to do, a great V.A.T.S. system, You would do yourself a deservice if you didn't pick this up
  23. Apr 29, 2013
    I can see bugs everywhere....
    But beyond this fog of crashes there is an absolute masterpiece.
    Not so hard to complete, but it's impossible to stop to play it .

If you can play it, you must love it.
  24. Jul 10, 2014
    I am a huge fan of Fallout 1 and 2 and that's why I was really worried about this game. I didn't believe Bethesda has what it takes to create a game that will satisfy the fans. I found Oblivion disappointing at least, so when I first started Fallout 3 I didn't have high expectations.

The beginning is quite unusual, starting as a baby and taking your first steps, then progressing through some events of your childhood. It felt really weird, but it served as a decent tutorial. At the end of it we leave the vault. Blinding sun effect fades and we witness the postapocaliptic wasteland.

It was just how I imagined it, dirty, brutal and unforgiving, but this time from first person perspective - making it even more real. I was lost for countless hours wandering around, trying to survive, exploring, fighting... and listening to great radio podcasts. Finally I realised that I have some storyline to progress. Oh, right...

The main story was good, side quests are great, combat system is fluid and encounters are challenging. Exploring the world, wandering through wasteland is more fun than exploring of Oblivion or Skyrim will ever be. More importantly - watseland is unforgiving. It takes a really long time to feel comfortable wherever you go. You never know if a lonely abandoned town you decided to visit will be just a quiet place or a death trap full of deadly deathclaws that will rip through your power armour with ease.
    Will there be an epic item waiting there for you?
    Well, there was a really annoying talking armour that got me addicted to chems... and I loved it!

Sure, the character developement could be better, we could use some extra weapons, more quests, etc.; but at the end of the day I'm a vault dweller travelling through wasteland with his supermutant friend and listening to climatic songs on the radio.
  25. May 13, 2013
    A very good story driven in a great and challenging atmosphere, with interesting gameplay and mechanics.

A must for any FPS and RPG fan rolled in to one.
  26. Nov 25, 2012
    I bought this game for christmas with my xbox. I still have great memories about fallout. I rreally didnt know about it, never even knew what fallout was. This was my first fallout game to play. Yes it has plenty of bugs everywhere but its a bethesda game, nothing of that size can be fully patched to not have glitches. The story was wonderful and well written. I got myself to glitch theI bought this game for christmas with my xbox. I still have great memories about fallout. I rreally didnt know about it, never even knew what fallout was. This was my first fallout game to play. Yes it has plenty of bugs everywhere but its a bethesda game, nothing of that size can be fully patched to not have glitches. The story was wonderful and well written. I got myself to glitch the game ending and It was a bummer to start it all over, since I didnt save it alot and the lastest save was on the beggining of the mission, but it was my fault anyway (1st time) I later burned the disk after accidentally pushing my xbox so I bought the GOTY, since it was released then. I did the story line and fortunately I didnt break it horribly. Then I got to the DLCs which were great in theory but not so well realised ( im talking to you Operation Anchorage ) and the worst one was Operation anchorage, God, as a idiot that I am, I still didnt learn the lesson to SAVE THE DAMN GAME. I started it all over ( 2nd time ) again since I couldnt complete the damn DLC. So after some damn butthurt of completing the story I got myself to rank up and begun with Mothership zeta to get some guns and money. Mothership zeta was repetitive. Very Very Very repetitive but I still managed to suck the fun out of it and GOT LOTS OF MONEH! Then I got with the pitt, the pitt was bad, seriously bad, but since Im such a bastard I still sucked all the fun of cheating and killing people.. Then.. Then.. Then.. THE HORROR COMETH! I had to do Operation Anchorage. Goddamit I hate that DLC. I took me a week of pain in the anus to get over it, and the best thing I got off of it was that stealth suit, which didnt even suit me. Now back to the wasteland I got back to side stuff, and believe me, I hated every single side mission in every game ever, but fallout, fallout used envy to make you do the side missions, and it did a good job at making me do them, giving me my own taste of medicine. The most horrible one, which I felt guilty to do was to destroy megaton, I loved megaton I used to trade all the alien guns I got and to save them there. But I destroyed the **** out of it because of Moira Brown, Oh god I hated her, She felt very compelled to drag me into her dirty buisness, And if you were asking I didnt have enough skill to dissarm the bomb. So I left it for later, then I met that other guy and for the sake of my sanity I destroyed it. THEN I FOUND OUT THAT MOIRA IS STILL ALIVE......... Moving on, there were not many good side quest but the open world, the mods, oh the mods, I may need some years to talk about the mods. but the frosting in the cheesecake in fallout are random events, dogmeat, and some random things that may make you go wtf.. To blend it all in one piece, Fallout is one of the games of the century. PERIOD Expand
  27. Nov 30, 2012
    I bought Fallout 3 and all DLCs at full price when they were released on DVDs. Being a fan of Fallout apocalyptic universe, I remembered I almost cried with excitement when I survived the initial wasteland trip and reached the very first city (Megaton). I loved the open-ended gameplay and rich storyline and side mission. This is one out of two games that I re-purchased on Steam forI bought Fallout 3 and all DLCs at full price when they were released on DVDs. Being a fan of Fallout apocalyptic universe, I remembered I almost cried with excitement when I survived the initial wasteland trip and reached the very first city (Megaton). I loved the open-ended gameplay and rich storyline and side mission. This is one out of two games that I re-purchased on Steam for collection purpose. Expand
  28. Dec 5, 2012
    In a post-apocalyptic Earth, Fallout 3 shows us how the world has gone bad. Incredible game play is the shine of this game. Even though the story is not entirely great or the graphics are not as good as other games that came out that year, its game play won't bore you.
  29. Jun 19, 2013
    Post-apocalyptic open world FPS-RPG with an epic storyline where your actions actually influence and impact what happens in the world and how you advance the story (first town of Atom, anyone?) while also providing great and memorable characters and decent action? Sign me up!

Buggy, but beautiful. Gameplay and combat could be better, but definitely still enjoyable. NOTICE: Would've rated this a 9 were it not for the fact that this really got me hooked into playing open world RPG games, and RPG games in general actually, so this game does have added special value to me and in my eyes deserves a bump because of that.
  30. Dec 20, 2012
    This game was one of the best games i have ever played. It's not just the game play but the idea itself.
    The storyline and the game play made me feel i was in the fallout-world myself. I do not have much enthusiasm with games but this game changed my idea about it. The graphics were not bad and the game play was pretty difficult sometimes, the DLC 's were fantastic too, although the storyline was way too short. This was an amazing RPG. Here and there there were bugs but they were no problem. Every time i play Fallout: New Vegas i think to myself why they haven't made it like Fallout 3 , because this game rocks !
  31. May 9, 2013
    as one of my favorite games iam shocked how poor it run's on newer systems for a game in 2008 you suspect it wil handle pc's for quie a while wel it dons't every 30mins or so it crashes this is unplayable as for bethesda doenst give a to fix this and yea i searcht for the fix and tryet to fix it)
    as a jewel its becoming a piece of as the years pas only by technical issues
  32. Jan 2, 2013
    best game ever!!!!!!!!!!! i love to see America total destroyed of soviet union!!!! hahahaha. the best game series ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  33. Feb 24, 2013
    Absolute best game by far that I have EVER played. It's buggy, but there's a few homebrew fixes to them, and with a few mods it's an HD trip of classic awesomeness...
  34. Feb 1, 2013
    This game is amazing!! Brilliant atmosphere, brilliant weapons and armour, and brilliant DLC! The only thing that lacks is how short the main quest is. But one of the DLC's does alternate the ending (For the better). Also, the radio is well thought out and amazing!
  35. Feb 9, 2013
    Fallout 3 throws you in a land of waste, you have nothing at first, but freedom to do anything. Hunting some mutants to eat, surviving in a bandit territory, stealing some chem to live, blown by some mines, amazing and memorable quest, amazing and memorable memory. Fallout 3 is those and much more. And there are mods in pc, things that make Fallout 3 even worth 9.5 for a score. 7.5 is wayFallout 3 throws you in a land of waste, you have nothing at first, but freedom to do anything. Hunting some mutants to eat, surviving in a bandit territory, stealing some chem to live, blown by some mines, amazing and memorable quest, amazing and memorable memory. Fallout 3 is those and much more. And there are mods in pc, things that make Fallout 3 even worth 9.5 for a score. 7.5 is way too low for a score of a game like this. If god was a game, he would be Fallout 3. Expand
  36. Feb 21, 2013
    this game is an amazing way for bethesda to start there turn with the fallout franchise if you have not bought this yet then buy it and also some duct tape and a bed pan because you will not want to move
  37. Mar 10, 2015
    First Fallout game I ever played. Loved it to death. Explored everything, went everywhere. Characters varied in depth, but overall I really got into the story. Vault dweller aspect was really cool.

The graphics were also really good for the time. Variability of skins, armor and weapons was also pretty good, so I didn't really get bored with them. Having a companion with you was a nice touch, but the AI pathing for them was a bit glitchy at times.
  38. Mar 28, 2013
    This game gives you a feeling, you will never forget.It would be scary if there would not be Galaxy News Radio or the little boy from your Pip-Boy.Lots of weapon, cool story, big map, lots of side quests, lots of options of how to resolve quests. Karma points were also very fun. If you did a quest in the right way ex: you dezactivated an atomic bomb, you get positive karma points, ThreeThis game gives you a feeling, you will never forget.It would be scary if there would not be Galaxy News Radio or the little boy from your Pip-Boy.Lots of weapon, cool story, big map, lots of side quests, lots of options of how to resolve quests. Karma points were also very fun. If you did a quest in the right way ex: you dezactivated an atomic bomb, you get positive karma points, Three Dog (the guy talking on the radio) will say good things about you, but if you do it in the bad way ex: you blow up the atomic bomb and kill lots of people for some money, you get negative karma and Three Dog will say bad things about you. Expand
  39. Mar 29, 2013
    Perfect. For me as the unexperienced "Bethesda's style" player. When you play it don't think about anything... Just explore. All. It makes you feel as a part of post-nuclear life. And don't read someone's opinion before! Or tips, or something like that. Main opinion is yours. Making your own through-style is most unforgettable thing.
  40. Apr 26, 2013
    I've lost count of the amount of time's Ive played this game and found something or seen something I hadn't in past play thru's. This game is a must have for any RPG or FPS fan.
  41. Apr 19, 2013
    This is Fallout 3! What has to be one of my favrite games of this modern generation in video gaming! Everything about this game is great! The storyline, side questions alike! ALL OF IT! GAMEPLAY I LOVE IT ALL. The game throws many refrenses to the classic loved fallout games before it, and does it with shine! But above all what this game excels at that many modern games of today fail at isThis is Fallout 3! What has to be one of my favrite games of this modern generation in video gaming! Everything about this game is great! The storyline, side questions alike! ALL OF IT! GAMEPLAY I LOVE IT ALL. The game throws many refrenses to the classic loved fallout games before it, and does it with shine! But above all what this game excels at that many modern games of today fail at is one simple thing. ATMOSPHERE! This game will forever be one of my favrite games that ive ever expereinced, and will experience Expand
  42. Jun 25, 2013
    Fallout 3 is immersive, dark and fun RPG game that has tons of things to do and explore. The game takes place in post-apocalyptic Washington DC where several factions like supermutants, raiders, vault dwellers, brotherhood of steal etc. live in uneasy coexistence.

It possible to play this game strictly by following the plot, but the main plot is somewhat short and strictly speaking there are better plot-driven games. The real fun of Fallout is open-ended exploration. The game world is huge and has more than enough stuff to do,

Although the game is very dark, everything is done tongue in cheek. This includes many subplots (e.g. Wasteland survival guide missions intended as tutorial are often outright hilarious), character development system and violence which is so excessive it becomes ridiculous (in a good way). The games also offers tons of different weapons and skills.

Main problem with this game is the low-level cap of 20, which is reached very early in the game (especially if you like exploration). Broken Steel DLC increases this to 30, which is still low but alleviates the problem to some extent.

To sum it up, Fallout 3 is definitely worth buying if you like exploration, RPG, excessive violence and silly dark humor. It offers tons of playtime and good value for your money.
  43. Jul 6, 2013
    A simplified review for novice gamers
    Graphics:
    Stunning when i saw the white house i was just blown away but some character animations needed more work and face expressions Sound: Great but for some reason i miss the music while you just wander around the world As for the voice acting, every voice for every character feels realistic Story: Fun but very short the game also ends
    A simplified review for novice gamers
    Graphics:
    Sound:
    As for the voice acting, every voice for every character feels realistic
    Story:
    Fun but very short the game also ends after finishing the last quest
    Game play:
    Incredible tons of quests to finish and areas to explore but sometimes you might not be able to find the reply you are looking for when interacting with a npc but still its not very bad
    Overall Fallout 3 is a must get and if you are not sure rent it if you can and try it.
  44. Jul 7, 2013
    In Bethesda, to their credit, do not lie the game just squeezed an incredible number of recognizable elements, Fallout 3 is similar to its predecessors, if you look closely, much more than the same Gothic 3 on its own. A larger-then do not.
  45. Aug 30, 2013
    A little worse than Fallout NV but it's still a great game. If you need some atmospheric FPS/RPG game, that's for you dear gamer. You won't regret it.
  46. Sep 23, 2014
    War....War never changes but Gameplay does with excellent mods. Fallout 3 is one of the greater games of last gen. and is still fun to play. Its a FPS/TPS that sends you into a vast world of The Capital Wasteland to explore its chilling environment that can look excellent in today's standard with textures pack. But the game needs mods to add in that extra 100 hours.
  47. Nov 19, 2013
    Probably my favourite game of all time. There is so much to do in this game, and the DLC is very well done. Some of the DLC content is a little on the strange side, but is a nice change of thematic pace from the rest of the game. There are MANY locations, and lots of side quests that make the game very enjoyable. There are even small (I would say kinda hidden) quests that don't really addProbably my favourite game of all time. There is so much to do in this game, and the DLC is very well done. Some of the DLC content is a little on the strange side, but is a nice change of thematic pace from the rest of the game. There are MANY locations, and lots of side quests that make the game very enjoyable. There are even small (I would say kinda hidden) quests that don't really add much to the game, but are good for completionists. Overall, a must play that will keep fans of RPGs engaged for a while. Expand
  48. Jan 17, 2014
    What I have been waiting for in an Action RPG since Diablo 2: great difficulty and challenge, vast atmospheric world, tons of items, stats, and skills to customize, creative enemies, good story. A very addictive and memorable game overall.

Only major flaw is the technical side of things: the game crashes more often than it should (about once every 2-3 hours), there are bugs and glitches here and there, and it took over an hour to figure out how to get it working on Windows 8 in the first place. Overall though, well worth the money, time, and effort.
  49. Dec 22, 2013
    Being a fan of the original Fallout games, I was skeptical at purchasing this. When I first started, I wasn't used to the FPS feature that was implemented. However, the game soon became astounding. Even though the landscape was kind of dull, the action and random encounters was appealing. Watching the world evolve with the choices you decided also made this game worth the 80+ hours I'veBeing a fan of the original Fallout games, I was skeptical at purchasing this. When I first started, I wasn't used to the FPS feature that was implemented. However, the game soon became astounding. Even though the landscape was kind of dull, the action and random encounters was appealing. Watching the world evolve with the choices you decided also made this game worth the 80+ hours I've spent on it.
    However, I crash on this game occasionally (more than any other game I've played) and the story line was kind of slow and boring.

Overall, I give this game a 9/10 and was worth the $5 I spent on it.
  50. Jan 13, 2014
    Fallout 3 is a spectacle of a game! Putting you into the boots of a vault dweller being shoved out by the disappearance of your father in search for him, it truly makes you feel that you are in an apocalyptic Washington DC. The story is great and the adventure and survival aspect is a great change for the series. There is endless replayabiltity in this game and great side quests to furtherFallout 3 is a spectacle of a game! Putting you into the boots of a vault dweller being shoved out by the disappearance of your father in search for him, it truly makes you feel that you are in an apocalyptic Washington DC. The story is great and the adventure and survival aspect is a great change for the series. There is endless replayabiltity in this game and great side quests to further make this game a work of art! Expand
  51. Mar 20, 2014
    Open world gameplay at it's finest. I had loads of fun just exploring the vast Capitol Wasteland rich with countless interesting set locations as well as random events/encounters. For the vast "emptiness" of the wasteland, I never felt bored once. You can even essentially choose to not play the story at all and still have loads of fun. Definitely worth buying.
  52. Aug 23, 2014
    Good game with lots of places to explore and quests to complete, it's a post-apocalyptic world where you carve your own path and choose to be good, evil or neutral.
  53. Apr 11, 2014
    I preferred this compared to New Vegas mainly because I actually felt like playing Fallout 3 and I replayed it at least 15 times, but when I played New Vegas I wanted to replay it, but I felt like it was a hassle. At times I felt genuine fear of how many super mutants were around the corner and the story was amazing compared to New Vegas.
  54. Jun 10, 2014
    Man, some will say it's fanboy-thing, but no, it's not, this game is one of the games of my life, because all is so immersive (despite a little in the graphics), and opened, just like every little thing in this game have an history, an detail, that can be founded and explored. If you like either FPS or RPG, buy this game, you'll won't regret it!
  55. Jun 21, 2014
    i am a fan of the fallout 3 to new vegas ik thats not a true fan but its really nice all i hv to say is bathesda if u make it anything like skyrim except graphics i will FREAGGIN HATE IT. skyrim was a good idea but u guys executed it wrong. correct your mistakes with fallout 4 and the new elder scrolls plz. thx if u do and screw u if u dont.

this games gets a 9.5/10 i love it to peices

this games gets a 9.5/10 i love it to peices but the low amount of ammo makes it challenging,..more challenging put it like that but without a challenge u only have skyrim so :P *srry bathesda* BUT YALL DID VERY WELL I HOPE YALL MAKE MORE AND I say this game should be bought by every1. thank your for reading i know the coding in the begining is hard but its worth it i might even make a download to make life easy for yall
  56. Jul 20, 2014
    This is NOT a traditional Fallout game. This is Bethesda's interpretation of a beloved game series. It succeeds in being a game, as I have found exactly one bug when trying to purposely break the game. It is more of an action RPG than a traditional RPG, but at the same time it offers a lot of options that make the game infinitely replayable for me. Not to mention that it is the largestThis is NOT a traditional Fallout game. This is Bethesda's interpretation of a beloved game series. It succeeds in being a game, as I have found exactly one bug when trying to purposely break the game. It is more of an action RPG than a traditional RPG, but at the same time it offers a lot of options that make the game infinitely replayable for me. Not to mention that it is the largest world Bethesda has ever designed. The game can run on older computers. My only major gripes with the game is that Speech is used very little, and that the game feels a little too easy. All in all, it is one of the most well designed games I've ever played. Expand
  57. Jul 21, 2014
    Initially I was disappointed, but the depth and (good but not great) refinement pulled it through. The subway system is a good example of this. It's a bit linear, but about mid-way through the game you'll probably find it a very rewarding experience. It wasn't until I started taking legs off with the Railway Rifle that I started really liking this game. Dialog options are the only realInitially I was disappointed, but the depth and (good but not great) refinement pulled it through. The subway system is a good example of this. It's a bit linear, but about mid-way through the game you'll probably find it a very rewarding experience. It wasn't until I started taking legs off with the Railway Rifle that I started really liking this game. Dialog options are the only real complaint I have. You can usually only choose between the saintly option or the evil option, nowhere in between. Expand
  58. Oct 1, 2014
    this is my most favoritest game i ever playeded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  59. Oct 22, 2014
    THE best Bethesda game to date in my opinion. With over 200 hours in Fallout 3, the game just keeps on getting better. Counting aside some typical Bethesda bugs, this might just be the perfect game.
  60. Nov 18, 2014
    What really sells Fallout 3 for me is it's atmosphere. It does a great job of pulling you into the mindset of post-apocalyptia. It has a lot of flaws, certainly. The plot isn't really that great, nor is the combat system, but in my opinion it really does make up for those flaws. When I play Fallout 3, I really do feel like I'm a waster clinging to the last vestiges of humanity in aWhat really sells Fallout 3 for me is it's atmosphere. It does a great job of pulling you into the mindset of post-apocalyptia. It has a lot of flaws, certainly. The plot isn't really that great, nor is the combat system, but in my opinion it really does make up for those flaws. When I play Fallout 3, I really do feel like I'm a waster clinging to the last vestiges of humanity in a struggling world. I think the lore helps to cultivate this feeling, but other than that I can't really say. What I can say is that if you don't mind playing a greenish- brownish shooter, pick it up, you may be pleasantly surprised. Expand
  61. Dec 18, 2014
    One of the greatest game's I've very played. It's just so damn fun, and there's so much to do. You wouldn't imagine how many hours I put into this game. The graphics are sexy, the Storyline is really interesting, and there's also tons of side quests and other tasks to do so as well. They did a well done job with the DLC as well, I definitely recommend downloading the DLC. The achievementsOne of the greatest game's I've very played. It's just so damn fun, and there's so much to do. You wouldn't imagine how many hours I put into this game. The graphics are sexy, the Storyline is really interesting, and there's also tons of side quests and other tasks to do so as well. They did a well done job with the DLC as well, I definitely recommend downloading the DLC. The achievements also give you something to stride for so you can awesome experience. I got about 58 out of 72 done, it may take me a while but I won't give up. The way the game functions is a lot like Skyrim, so if you're a Skyrim fan you may like this a lot. If you ever have a chance and you see this at the store, I'd pick this up an a blink of an eye! Expand
  62. Dec 26, 2014
    Fallout 3 is one of the best games I have ever played. I love immersing myself into the world of the wasteland with its dark themes and humorous overtone. Playing the good guy option makes you feel like a hero and Galaxy News Radio keeps you company with it's brilliant music and the fantastic ramblings of Three Dog. The NPCs in the game make me want to help everyone and keeping yourFallout 3 is one of the best games I have ever played. I love immersing myself into the world of the wasteland with its dark themes and humorous overtone. Playing the good guy option makes you feel like a hero and Galaxy News Radio keeps you company with it's brilliant music and the fantastic ramblings of Three Dog. The NPCs in the game make me want to help everyone and keeping your companions alive makes for an extra challenge as you try to kill the enemy before they hurt your dog and break your heart. I recently replayed this for the 3rd time and I loved every minute of it. The only reason I am not scoring it a 10 is because there are some truly terrible bugs (some game/progress breaking). Why I don't score less than a 9 is because I learned to save before and after doing anything significant (even after walking down a long road) and because the world they have created is absolutely huge and wandering the wasteland hunting for loot and levelling up is incredibly satisfying. I can't imagine how hard it would be to test for bugs in a game of this size and how much effort has gone into making it. It still weirds me out that the buggiest game I have played in recent memory is also my favourite, but hey, that's Fallout and I love it Expand
  63. Jan 4, 2015
    My all-time favorite video game. I like New Vegas, too, but I find Fallout 3 offers a better narrative.

Unfortunately, if this game didn't have modders that have made it work right/better, this game would be a buggier mess than it already is. NOTE: You need mods to play this game correctly. Some people don't like to expend the energy to do so, and I understand it's daunting, but it's so worth it. I couldn't imagine playing this game without the Wanderer's Edition mod.

No, you don't need to have played the first two titles to appreciate this one.

Though this is an FPS/3rd person adventure, do not come in expecting it to be CoD/BF with a gripping storyline. It's far deeper than that.
  64. Jan 10, 2015
    FO3 is a great game my favorite of all time...I read a lot of the "poor" reviews and its kinda a joke...most of these guys who hate the game are upset Bethesda owns the fallout franchise so in their mind Bethesda "ruined" it and didn't "stick to the lore" well its all nonsense...they're upset Bethesda owns fallout...the story was plenty good actually and it had a lot of randomness to it,FO3 is a great game my favorite of all time...I read a lot of the "poor" reviews and its kinda a joke...most of these guys who hate the game are upset Bethesda owns the fallout franchise so in their mind Bethesda "ruined" it and didn't "stick to the lore" well its all nonsense...they're upset Bethesda owns fallout...the story was plenty good actually and it had a lot of randomness to it, unlike new vegas.....fallout3 did have some flaws but its a very immerisive game when you first play it...I was immersed in the world for a year or so...hundreds of hours of playing easily Expand
  65. Mar 30, 2015
    Bethesdas next gem, Fallout 3 takes place in the capital wasteland after an apocalyptic war. The player is placed inside of Vault 101, one of the few last known surviving vault in the wastes, not to mention the last sane vault. Unfortunately after years of constant stress to save the wasteland, the players father escapes the vault causing the inhabitants to go on a rampage. After aBethesdas next gem, Fallout 3 takes place in the capital wasteland after an apocalyptic war. The player is placed inside of Vault 101, one of the few last known surviving vault in the wastes, not to mention the last sane vault. Unfortunately after years of constant stress to save the wasteland, the players father escapes the vault causing the inhabitants to go on a rampage. After a dangerous escape the player is given free roam through the hazardous Capital wasteland in search for is father, and the G.E.C.K (garden Eden creation kit) Expand

1. Minor niggles aside, Fallout 3 is almost entirely spectacular. Everything from the graphics, to the sound, to the plot is first-rate. The VATS system worlds like a charm, and it’s so easy to get the hang of, you’ll be cracking skulls like there’s no tomorrow. [Dec 2008, p.55]
  2. A vast and open world of unimaginable possibilities opens in front of you in Fallout 3. Great story, flawless combat system, and the option to choose your own way makes it a hot candidate for game of the year. [Nov 2008]
  3. Fallout 3 is one of this year's best games. It's an unforgettable journey that lives up to the series. You are an ex-vault 101 inhabitant, and you discover a whole new world, full of zombies, mutants, raiders, aliens and all kinds of creatures. Welcome to this post-apocaliptic reality, where you are going to spend hundreds of hours.