Fallout 3 PC

7.9

1. Mar 3, 2012
    An excellent free-roaming post-apocalyptic RPG, Bethesda Softworks style. The game does have intrusive DRM and lots of quest bugs though, so be warned!
  2. Apr 26, 2012
    Easily one of my favorite games of all time. Not a good FPS, but the RPG elements really stand out. The story may seem somewhat cookie-cutter, but if you take the time to look around the world there's a lot more going on than it seems superficially. Bonus points because I live near D.C. and recognized a lot of the streets and towns rather than just the monuments.
  3. Jul 22, 2012
    Sehr gelungenes Shooter-RPG :DD
  4. Aug 6, 2012
    There's tons of first-person and third-person shooter games around these days, but Fallout 3 is 5th best shooter I've ever played after Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Metal Gear Solid, and Snake Eater. The only problem I have with this game is that they went a little crazy on it being non-linear. A mini-map would have been nice to include in the gameplay, for example.
  5. Aug 1, 2012
    Fallout 3 is the best game ever, and all the haters are just sad that its not a turn-based game anymore. Well I think that the RPG/FPS format is genius. Also, who cares if it has a lot of bugs? Thats what makes the game so unique.
  6. Aug 6, 2012
    4/5 (good) There's just so many "WOW" moments in this game and the whole "after-a-massive-nuclear-war" thing builds up to such a rich atmosphere. Of course the game is not perfect and sometimes feels limited, but I suggest you try it. And please... try to "RP". You know you want to.
  7. Aug 7, 2012
    One of my all-time favourites. Credible world, long motivation, good graphics, great quests, nice jokes. A must for players of earlier Fallout games, and on one step with Fallout New Vegas. Thumbs up!
  8. Dec 29, 2012
    I absolutely love this game, I have played it over and over again and it still doesn't get boring. I'm not to sure what keeps me in it, maybe the ability to mod at your will or just the fact you can do what ever the heck you want. Yes, there is bugs, but there are mods to fix that. I'll admit the vanilla game of this can be pretty dull, but when you add mods its epic and never ending. TheI absolutely love this game, I have played it over and over again and it still doesn't get boring. I'm not to sure what keeps me in it, maybe the ability to mod at your will or just the fact you can do what ever the heck you want. Yes, there is bugs, but there are mods to fix that. I'll admit the vanilla game of this can be pretty dull, but when you add mods its epic and never ending. The story line is a little short, but still fun. There is defiantly more than enough place to explore, quests to find, and loot. Expand
  9. Sep 8, 2012
    I remember turning this game on when I first bought it for PC not having ANY idea what I was in for. I had little to no experience with an open world game and I didn't play Fallout 1 or 2. I was off to a slow start, in the vault and still not knowing what to expect. Once I moved out of the vault and into the world, that's when it all began. By "it all" I mean a truly wonderful gamingI remember turning this game on when I first bought it for PC not having ANY idea what I was in for. I had little to no experience with an open world game and I didn't play Fallout 1 or 2. I was off to a slow start, in the vault and still not knowing what to expect. Once I moved out of the vault and into the world, that's when it all began. By "it all" I mean a truly wonderful gaming experience. Fallout 3 did for me what no other games have in a while, get my full attention and for a continuously long time. This was the first title I played where I could make multiple choices that would lead to many different consequences. Also, you can play it in first or third person so it's like a FPS / Action RPG all-in-one . This game was amazingly fun, going around D.C. which really looked and felt like a post-apocalypse world. Incredibly rewarding, scary, and VERY satisfying are the words that come to mind. It was great exploring to collect new guns and bottle caps, trading and buying at the store, and leveling your character. You eventually become very powerful and able to basically run the city. This game brought me into the next level of PC gaming, and I am still thanking it and Bethesda to this day. Expand
  10. Sep 21, 2012
    Definitely a title worth buying, this game will never die. If you're trying this after coming from any Elder Scrolls titles, you must play this with an open mind, and not assume anything simply because of the developer. This game was never intended to be anything similar to any of the Elder Scrolls games.
  11. Nov 4, 2012
    PLAY THIS GAME. Its is simply amazing, playing the first 2 and tactics, I can tell you this lives up to and surpasses the originals. New Vegas was acceptable, but for 2008 this game is mind blowing.
  12. Oct 4, 2012
    I read here people were saying Fallout 3 was Oblivion with guns. No, that's not the case. Contrary to Oblivion, EVERY place on the maps is worth visiting because you can always find something new. The leveling system is also much, much better. The main story may not be the best, but still more interesting than Oblivion's. The only thing that I find similar is that enemies get stronger wayI read here people were saying Fallout 3 was Oblivion with guns. No, that's not the case. Contrary to Oblivion, EVERY place on the maps is worth visiting because you can always find something new. The leveling system is also much, much better. The main story may not be the best, but still more interesting than Oblivion's. The only thing that I find similar is that enemies get stronger way too quickly. Fallout 3 is full of secrets and crazy things to discover, where Oblivion is dull and boring and always the same. The add-ons give the cake its topping (okay, I'll credit Oblivion having a great add-on with Shivering Isles too). This game has nearly everything I wanted Oblivion to have and continues the spirit Morrowind had way better. Expand
  13. Sep 26, 2013
    amazing game you will play through once a year to re-experience at least that's what i do!

This is a game other games aspire to be a game that captures all the right elements an engages the abundance with pure entertainment an exuberant experience. You will feel like you are in the waste land the you become attached to your protagonist through the customization of him or her seeing that he or she is silent witch is what a rpg character should be.
  14. Jul 10, 2014
    I am a huge fan of Fallout 1 and 2 and that's why I was really worried about this game. I didn't believe Bethesda has what it takes to create a game that will satisfy the fans. I found Oblivion disappointing at least, so when I first started Fallout 3 I didn't have high expectations.

The beginning is quite unusual, starting as a baby and taking your first steps, then progressing through some events of your childhood. It felt really weird, but it served as a decent tutorial. At the end of it we leave the vault. Blinding sun effect fades and we witness the postapocaliptic wasteland.

It was just how I imagined it, dirty, brutal and unforgiving, but this time from first person perspective - making it even more real. I was lost for countless hours wandering around, trying to survive, exploring, fighting... and listening to great radio podcasts. Finally I realised that I have some storyline to progress. Oh, right...

The main story was good, side quests are great, combat system is fluid and encounters are challenging. Exploring the world, wandering through wasteland is more fun than exploring of Oblivion or Skyrim will ever be. More importantly - watseland is unforgiving. It takes a really long time to feel comfortable wherever you go. You never know if a lonely abandoned town you decided to visit will be just a quiet place or a death trap full of deadly deathclaws that will rip through your power armour with ease.
    Will there be an epic item waiting there for you?
    Well, there was a really annoying talking armour that got me addicted to chems... and I loved it!

Sure, the character developement could be better, we could use some extra weapons, more quests, etc.; but at the end of the day I'm a vault dweller travelling through wasteland with his supermutant friend and listening to climatic songs on the radio.
  15. Oct 27, 2012
    This is Fallout 3. This is one of the greatest games I've ever played, and I will explain why. This game offers a unique, First Person Shooter RPG Gameplay style. One of the best things about this game is the complete uniqueness and immersion you feel. The Fallout universe is vast, and every single little detail Bethesda put in to this game made it amazing. The story is incredible, and isThis is Fallout 3. This is one of the greatest games I've ever played, and I will explain why. This game offers a unique, First Person Shooter RPG Gameplay style. One of the best things about this game is the complete uniqueness and immersion you feel. The Fallout universe is vast, and every single little detail Bethesda put in to this game made it amazing. The story is incredible, and is on the top of my list when I talk about great stories in games. The gameplay is also great, although not perfect (V.A.T.S. is gory and fun, but there are some problems with normal gunplay). The graphics are nice as well, and the atmosphere and look of the overall game add nicely to it. The soundtrack suits the game well, and it's extremely fun to roam around the wastes. Overall this game is incredible, and everybody who is a gamer should experience it. Immerse yourself into the Fallout universe, and have a great time... Expand
  16. Nov 3, 2012
    Certainly one of the best open world games I've ever played. The story, whilst not being great, is gripping, the characters interesting, the locations diversified.
  17. Dec 15, 2013
    I love this game. The customization is amazing, the world is huge and expansive and there isn't anywhere you can go without finding something interesting.
  18. Apr 22, 2014
    They didn't make it a real time FPS to "make it easier to start with for new players" thats what a tutorial is for, not a whole game. The reason they made is that some people don't like TB strategy games.

Problem is that hardcore fallout fans won't like this and people who like FPS might not like the necessity of using VATS mode which slows the game down and takes control away from you. Fact is the game is far away from FO3, not just in gameplay but visually the wasteland looks different. It looks alot more grey than FO3 is, not enough brown and green is missing that you should see "some" of, some plants here and there. Signs that the world is recovering.
    No Bosses. Missed opportunity.

The stories ending is also terrible, the story just felt empty at the end which is kind of really unforgivable for fallout. The endings are so abysmal, they do nothing to give any closure or even summarise all the trails and tribulations you had to go through upto that point.
  19. Dec 12, 2013
    Loved this game when it first came out. The arsenal of weapons to choose from was immense, the gore, gameplay, exploration, scare factor, and graphics were all superb. Story could have been better but the good points about the game more than make up for any shortfalls in that area.
  20. Mar 13, 2014
    This is a great game but I cant help but think it is vastly rated compared to fallout new vegas. I dont understand how fallout new vegas got an 8.3 but this game gets a 9.1 even if the graphics are the same new vegas has a superior story line and a much higher replay value.
  21. Mar 20, 2014
    Open world gameplay at it's finest. I had loads of fun just exploring the vast Capitol Wasteland rich with countless interesting set locations as well as random events/encounters. For the vast "emptiness" of the wasteland, I never felt bored once. You can even essentially choose to not play the story at all and still have loads of fun. Definitely worth buying.
  22. Aug 23, 2014
    Good game with lots of places to explore and quests to complete, it's a post-apocalyptic world where you carve your own path and choose to be good, evil or neutral.
  23. Jun 10, 2014
    Man, some will say it's fanboy-thing, but no, it's not, this game is one of the games of my life, because all is so immersive (despite a little in the graphics), and opened, just like every little thing in this game have an history, an detail, that can be founded and explored. If you like either FPS or RPG, buy this game, you'll won't regret it!
  24. Jun 21, 2014
    i am a fan of the fallout 3 to new vegas ik thats not a true fan but its really nice all i hv to say is bathesda if u make it anything like skyrim except graphics i will FREAGGIN HATE IT. skyrim was a good idea but u guys executed it wrong. correct your mistakes with fallout 4 and the new elder scrolls plz. thx if u do and screw u if u dont.

this games gets a 9.5/10 i love it to peices

this games gets a 9.5/10 i love it to peices but the low amount of ammo makes it challenging,..more challenging put it like that but without a challenge u only have skyrim so :P *srry bathesda* BUT YALL DID VERY WELL I HOPE YALL MAKE MORE AND I say this game should be bought by every1. thank your for reading i know the coding in the begining is hard but its worth it i might even make a download to make life easy for yall
  25. Jul 20, 2014
    This is NOT a traditional Fallout game. This is Bethesda's interpretation of a beloved game series. It succeeds in being a game, as I have found exactly one bug when trying to purposely break the game. It is more of an action RPG than a traditional RPG, but at the same time it offers a lot of options that make the game infinitely replayable for me. Not to mention that it is the largestThis is NOT a traditional Fallout game. This is Bethesda's interpretation of a beloved game series. It succeeds in being a game, as I have found exactly one bug when trying to purposely break the game. It is more of an action RPG than a traditional RPG, but at the same time it offers a lot of options that make the game infinitely replayable for me. Not to mention that it is the largest world Bethesda has ever designed. The game can run on older computers. My only major gripes with the game is that Speech is used very little, and that the game feels a little too easy. All in all, it is one of the most well designed games I've ever played. Expand
  26. Jul 21, 2014
    Initially I was disappointed, but the depth and (good but not great) refinement pulled it through. The subway system is a good example of this. It's a bit linear, but about mid-way through the game you'll probably find it a very rewarding experience. It wasn't until I started taking legs off with the Railway Rifle that I started really liking this game. Dialog options are the only realInitially I was disappointed, but the depth and (good but not great) refinement pulled it through. The subway system is a good example of this. It's a bit linear, but about mid-way through the game you'll probably find it a very rewarding experience. It wasn't until I started taking legs off with the Railway Rifle that I started really liking this game. Dialog options are the only real complaint I have. You can usually only choose between the saintly option or the evil option, nowhere in between. Expand
  27. May 27, 2015
    I have encountered feelings with this title because of its name "Fallout" with a consecutive number that has broken the saga of isometric RPG with this first person shooter. The vanilla game also is plain, with very poor NPC design, an easy RPG system and a linear story-line. But it has one of the strongest mod systems in history of games that makes it one of the best RPG and good-lookingI have encountered feelings with this title because of its name "Fallout" with a consecutive number that has broken the saga of isometric RPG with this first person shooter. The vanilla game also is plain, with very poor NPC design, an easy RPG system and a linear story-line. But it has one of the strongest mod systems in history of games that makes it one of the best RPG and good-looking games even in 2015. The NMCs textures with MMM and FWE are crucial to make this a game challenging, or better, play Fallout 3 with the FNV engine with Tale of Two Wastelands. Whatever, the GECK toolset is the best of this game and turns it incredibly deep. Expand
  28. Oct 1, 2014
    this is my most favoritest game i ever playeded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  29. Oct 22, 2014
    THE best Bethesda game to date in my opinion. With over 200 hours in Fallout 3, the game just keeps on getting better. Counting aside some typical Bethesda bugs, this might just be the perfect game.
  30. Nov 18, 2014
    What really sells Fallout 3 for me is it's atmosphere. It does a great job of pulling you into the mindset of post-apocalyptia. It has a lot of flaws, certainly. The plot isn't really that great, nor is the combat system, but in my opinion it really does make up for those flaws. When I play Fallout 3, I really do feel like I'm a waster clinging to the last vestiges of humanity in aWhat really sells Fallout 3 for me is it's atmosphere. It does a great job of pulling you into the mindset of post-apocalyptia. It has a lot of flaws, certainly. The plot isn't really that great, nor is the combat system, but in my opinion it really does make up for those flaws. When I play Fallout 3, I really do feel like I'm a waster clinging to the last vestiges of humanity in a struggling world. I think the lore helps to cultivate this feeling, but other than that I can't really say. What I can say is that if you don't mind playing a greenish- brownish shooter, pick it up, you may be pleasantly surprised. Expand
  31. Dec 18, 2014
    One of the greatest game's I've very played. It's just so damn fun, and there's so much to do. You wouldn't imagine how many hours I put into this game. The graphics are sexy, the Storyline is really interesting, and there's also tons of side quests and other tasks to do so as well. They did a well done job with the DLC as well, I definitely recommend downloading the DLC. The achievementsOne of the greatest game's I've very played. It's just so damn fun, and there's so much to do. You wouldn't imagine how many hours I put into this game. The graphics are sexy, the Storyline is really interesting, and there's also tons of side quests and other tasks to do so as well. They did a well done job with the DLC as well, I definitely recommend downloading the DLC. The achievements also give you something to stride for so you can awesome experience. I got about 58 out of 72 done, it may take me a while but I won't give up. The way the game functions is a lot like Skyrim, so if you're a Skyrim fan you may like this a lot. If you ever have a chance and you see this at the store, I'd pick this up an a blink of an eye! Expand
  32. Jan 5, 2016
    buggy but brilliant when it works

-great radio -interesting NPCs -loads of quests and locations to visit -Companions (although they do die easily) -Can be good or evil -hours and hours of entertainment If you don't like wandering back and forth from place to place without a run button, then this game is not for you. If you like slowly wandering and discovering new places to
    buggy but brilliant when it works

-great radio
    -interesting NPCs
    -loads of quests and locations to visit
    -Companions (although they do die easily)
    -Can be good or evil
    -hours and hours of entertainment

If you don't like wandering back and forth from place to place without a run button, then this game is not for you. If you like slowly wandering and discovering new places to shoot and loot, then this is the game for you.

Warning: Save your game all the freaking time and look up the console commands
  33. Jan 4, 2015
    My all-time favorite video game. I like New Vegas, too, but I find Fallout 3 offers a better narrative.

Unfortunately, if this game didn't have modders that have made it work right/better, this game would be a buggier mess than it already is. NOTE: You need mods to play this game correctly. Some people don't like to expend the energy to do so, and I understand it's daunting, but it's so worth it. I couldn't imagine playing this game without the Wanderer's Edition mod.

No, you don't need to have played the first two titles to appreciate this one.

Though this is an FPS/3rd person adventure, do not come in expecting it to be CoD/BF with a gripping storyline. It's far deeper than that.
  34. Jan 10, 2015
    FO3 is a great game my favorite of all time...I read a lot of the "poor" reviews and its kinda a joke...most of these guys who hate the game are upset Bethesda owns the fallout franchise so in their mind Bethesda "ruined" it and didn't "stick to the lore" well its all nonsense...they're upset Bethesda owns fallout...the story was plenty good actually and it had a lot of randomness to it,FO3 is a great game my favorite of all time...I read a lot of the "poor" reviews and its kinda a joke...most of these guys who hate the game are upset Bethesda owns the fallout franchise so in their mind Bethesda "ruined" it and didn't "stick to the lore" well its all nonsense...they're upset Bethesda owns fallout...the story was plenty good actually and it had a lot of randomness to it, unlike new vegas.....fallout3 did have some flaws but its a very immerisive game when you first play it...I was immersed in the world for a year or so...hundreds of hours of playing easily Expand
  35. May 12, 2015
  36. Mar 30, 2015
    Bethesdas next gem, Fallout 3 takes place in the capital wasteland after an apocalyptic war. The player is placed inside of Vault 101, one of the few last known surviving vault in the wastes, not to mention the last sane vault. Unfortunately after years of constant stress to save the wasteland, the players father escapes the vault causing the inhabitants to go on a rampage. After aBethesdas next gem, Fallout 3 takes place in the capital wasteland after an apocalyptic war. The player is placed inside of Vault 101, one of the few last known surviving vault in the wastes, not to mention the last sane vault. Unfortunately after years of constant stress to save the wasteland, the players father escapes the vault causing the inhabitants to go on a rampage. After a dangerous escape the player is given free roam through the hazardous Capital wasteland in search for is father, and the G.E.C.K (garden Eden creation kit) Expand
  37. Mar 24, 2015
    Fallout makes the jump to first person, and while a glorious step in the right direction it suffers from some serious flaws. While many of these flaws may seem like minor nitpicks to a lot of them are serious issues. You play a character who will become known as the Lone Wander, at first wandering out of the Vault you grew up in, to search for your father. This fallows the same plot lineFallout makes the jump to first person, and while a glorious step in the right direction it suffers from some serious flaws. While many of these flaws may seem like minor nitpicks to a lot of them are serious issues. You play a character who will become known as the Lone Wander, at first wandering out of the Vault you grew up in, to search for your father. This fallows the same plot line where things expand from the main quest which evolves into a plot where you eventually end up having to save the world from a sinister evil force.

The good: Fallout finally reaching first person makes this game nearly amazing. Your first steps out of the vault presents you with a dire wasteland that seems to stretch on for ever. The game retains many of the mutant creatures we've all become familiar with in Fallout, and some new and interesting additions are wandering the wastes. The world is flushed, and if you pay attention to the NPCs you'll get quests galore. The game also encourages you to explore, and the more you explore the better a position you'll be in when you reach the end game. There are some amazingly well done moments in this game, and like the rest of the Fallout franchise there's some big voice talent backing the cast. The game also retains the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. primary stats, skill based derived stats, perks and traits system Fallout is famous for. With several expansions in the form of DLC that add hours of game play and even more fantastic stories to play through this game really does shine inspite of it's flaws. The best part, for PC gamers at least, is the mod-friendliness of the game, which will give the game life long after you've explored all the possibilities through multiple play throughs. The GECK program which is free from Bathesda's Fallout 3 site is also great and gives you the ability to modify the game to your heart's content if the creativity bug bites you. Also the game retains the ability to cripple the limbs of enemies either in real time combat, or using the V.A.T.S. targeting system.

The bad: Even when this game came out it had some issues, one of which is the graphics which were dated in 2008. I can't blame the game too much for this as it uses the same version of the Gamebryo engine that Oblivion used. Even with the latest updates this game has some bugs, though very few of them are game breakers. The story is a bit on the lack luster side until your father (voiced by Liam Neson) dies. As a hard core Fallout fan the biggest complaint is the fact that the game really eschews the lore of Fallout. There are quite a few things that don't fit, most of the energy weapons have been redesigned, the Vault doors look nothing like the ones in previous games, and worst of all power armor doesn't feel like well power armor. The game lacks a lot of the dark humor that populated the original two Fallout games, mixed with the depressing atmosphere this can make the game a arduous experience. The lack of any usable vehicles, or even a horse or mount of any kind makes treks through the wasteland exasperatingly long. The final offence is that you can only have 2 companions, while in previous game you it was based on your charisma stat, allowing up to 5 with max charisma, along with an extra with a certain perk.

Side note: The V.A.T.S. targeting system can sometimes feel useless because of the real time combat of the game. On the other hand it's always entertaining to watch a slow motion scene of an enemies head exploding when using V.A.T.S.

The final word: While a great game that does manage to capture most of the feel of Fallout it just doesn't quite live up to it's Isometric ancestors. The lore is a bit broken and it feels less Fallout than other Fallouts. Still it fits well enough in to the Fallout universe and style that even the most purist fans can appreciate it. It's a fantastic RPG despite it's flaws and for Fallout fans it's a great jump back in to the post nuclear apocalyptic retro 1950's sensibilities of a universe we've come to love. For RPG, FPS, and Fallout fans this game is a great addition to your library. Though it does feel more family friendly than previous instalments with the lack of Fallout's legendary sleaze factor, and lacking the ability to shoot people in the groins.
  38. Aug 5, 2015
    I never understood why people said that this isn't "fallout". Because it is much more different than previous fallout games. Take a look at gta 2 to gta 3, gta 3 pretty much changed everything and that is exactly what happened to fallout 3. Fallout 3 is a role playing game as well as a shooter as well taken place after a long time after a nuclear war hit america. It's story is pretty muchI never understood why people said that this isn't "fallout". Because it is much more different than previous fallout games. Take a look at gta 2 to gta 3, gta 3 pretty much changed everything and that is exactly what happened to fallout 3. Fallout 3 is a role playing game as well as a shooter as well taken place after a long time after a nuclear war hit america. It's story is pretty much you find your dad who has left you behind in the vault they were living in.

But overall the game is great, customization is not limited, you can play countless of hours of missions and side missions. As well as you can play in a Gained Karma/Lost Karma (aka good/evil) and you can change the fate of most events and you can shape the story in different ways.

Overall I personally like it, it's one of my favourite games due to it's creativity but it does lose some points in some parts of the game. One the graphics and colour design just doesn't go well with the mood. And yes I know the gray colour scheme is supposed to present a "depressed" mood on fallout. But does everything have to be gray and gloomy. Also another thing I would have liked is cinematic scenes in fallout. I know it's trying to be a role playing game thus why you are always looking at a person at the front of the face. But lack of cinematic scenes makes the story too empty. I personally don't care about the story missions compared to the side missions because the story wasn't all that exciting to me. And cinematic scenes would have changed that.

But other then that I love this game, one of the best games of all time.
  39. Jun 11, 2015
    Maybe my rose tinted glasses are on but this game was flawless for 2008 now writing this review in 2015 with the announcement of Fallout 4 (HYPE!) i went back and played FO3 again and though the wasteland doesn't have much color and is a bit bland i had a great time with the vast wastelands and the struggling war torn cities with many memorable characters and companions (DOGMEAT!) theMaybe my rose tinted glasses are on but this game was flawless for 2008 now writing this review in 2015 with the announcement of Fallout 4 (HYPE!) i went back and played FO3 again and though the wasteland doesn't have much color and is a bit bland i had a great time with the vast wastelands and the struggling war torn cities with many memorable characters and companions (DOGMEAT!) the radio system and threedog is interesting and the karma system keeps you from being a complete **** and mini nuking everything with the fatboy a small gripe i had with the game was the facial mechanics because they stay dead looking into your **** soul but besides that its a great story also known as you worship your dad (Liam Nessan)

Either way its a great game with a vast open world, memorable characters, and a good story.
  40. Jul 24, 2015
    10/10 Bethesda went to town on this one, better than Fallout New Vegas as this game is emotionally engaging and makes you care about the story in which fallout new Vegas' story was forgettable and more of a chore than an engaging story. Fallout 3 takes you through the life of your chosen vault dweller and makes character development with your Dad who you get a genuine lump in your throat10/10 Bethesda went to town on this one, better than Fallout New Vegas as this game is emotionally engaging and makes you care about the story in which fallout new Vegas' story was forgettable and more of a chore than an engaging story. Fallout 3 takes you through the life of your chosen vault dweller and makes character development with your Dad who you get a genuine lump in your throat when he ***spoilers***dies***spoilers but if you haven't played this game its your own fault for being so behind in playing masterpieces. Although its follow up game F:NV was an excellent game, it had less story telling, a smaller world and invisible walls that really took you out the experience. It had good potential and the name to back it up but would have gotten a lot lower rating if not for the elements introduced in fallout 3 by Bethesda. If fallout 4 is even half as good as this game, it will still be a master piece 11/10 Expand
  41. Aug 31, 2015
    One of the best games ever made! I have spent hours in the Capitol Wasteland, numerous play throughs, and it never gets old. Exploration, story and game play are all awesome!
  42. Sep 18, 2015
    Boy did I love this game. It's what got me into the western RPG games. Everything from the rewarding aspect of exploring to the quirky far reaching writing, to the blending of 3rd person and FPS. First game where i'd set the camera shot before shutting down for the night. Good times.
  43. Jul 25, 2016
    Compared to the writing and zany variety of Fallout New Vegas, this game may seem dull and unpolished.

However, Fallout 3 makes a genre-defining statement for its later games, with constructing a setting that is both incredibly immersive and unique. The music, the map, the dungeons, the culture of the world. It's a world I return to every once in a while, in order to once again develop an appreciation for; in order to remind myself of what came long ago.

Do not disservice yourself by avoiding this game. It is the progenitor, the seed of its most recent "sequels".
  44. Apr 3, 2016
    Fallout 3. Immersive, intriguing, and badass. The story is one of the best stories in gaming. I find it to be just as good a story as BioShock. You may hear,"Oh it's just you tryna find your dad. It's really not that interesting." To HELL with that. You need to actually expirience this game in order to truly and fully appreciate Fallout 3's story. Three issues I have with the game. NumberFallout 3. Immersive, intriguing, and badass. The story is one of the best stories in gaming. I find it to be just as good a story as BioShock. You may hear,"Oh it's just you tryna find your dad. It's really not that interesting." To HELL with that. You need to actually expirience this game in order to truly and fully appreciate Fallout 3's story. Three issues I have with the game. Number one, the game will not work properly on Windows 7 or above. Now this CAN BE FIXED. If you cannot figure it out, message me because I want you to enjoy this game. Number two, the visuals are not impressive. This was to be expected with a huge open world RPG such as this. Like most other games, you can modify this game. Taking the visuals to a whole 'nother level. It rivals SKYRIM and BIOSHOCK INFINITE. That said, you need a beefy graphics card to handle the visual mods. With advanced shaders, blue skies and better looking textures, this game looks phenomenal. I don't enjoy the fact that you have to modify the game to make it prettier, but what has to be done must be done. Having siad that, the game isn't unbearable vanilla. I said the visuals are not impressive, not that they are bad. Number three, Fallout has a reputation for being one of the BUGGIEST PIECES OF LOVELY **** It isn't as bad as DayZ but the fact that the two can even be compared is saddening to me. Fortunately, most common and random bugs disappear when playing on pc. They occasionally occur and most are easy fixes. Most. Crashing is eliminated with a 4gb patch and stuttering is solved with a simple mod. At long last you can enjoy your childhood once more at 60fps (good graphics card) and no crashing as it did on console. I rate 10/10 vanilla on PC, 9/10 on console and with mods 11/10. I would recommend this game a million times if I could. Expand
  45. Apr 15, 2016
    Me lo recomendo un amigo y lo bien que hice en hacerle caso, recuerdo que me enconto ese ambiente gris y decaido del holocausto nuclear que era el yermo, salir y explorar en una mezcla de shooter con rol que me gusto mucho y de una historia muy epica.
  46. Sep 15, 2016
    Esse jogo é tão vasto e denso, tantas coisas para se fazer e tanto para se explorar, esse jogo é um MUST PLAY se vc gosta de RPGs, Fallout 3 foi um jogo feito com carinho.
  47. Jun 18, 2016
    Tons of references of good films with a good story behind. Literally buoght ps3 just to play it, its just too much to explain and postproduction is exponentially good
  48. Nov 12, 2011
    I would recommend Fallout 3 to everyone (especially game of the year edition), so much to do, but just not enough time! I don't know how many days, weeks and months I used to explore every little bit, taking all the quest, following the 'good' storyline and the 'bad'. This game is what you should play -Bethesdas bigest succes! Graphics is great, and you don't need those high-end-computersI would recommend Fallout 3 to everyone (especially game of the year edition), so much to do, but just not enough time! I don't know how many days, weeks and months I used to explore every little bit, taking all the quest, following the 'good' storyline and the 'bad'. This game is what you should play -Bethesdas bigest succes! Graphics is great, and you don't need those high-end-computers for it.
    Comparede to their new game Skyrim, this is the bomb! Graphics is not much different, but still in Skyrim you need to buy a computer with the price about 2000 U.S dollars to play it at the fullest, no just play it without lagg. Don't always look forward, also look backwards, because you will find this game, and I can ensure you, it is worth every goddamn coin!
  49. LiquidWolf
    Nov 5, 2008
    Excellent game that is a good return to the Fallout genre. It's not quite what Fallout 1 and 2 were, but it is a still a good game in and of itself. I've never really played a game through twice, but this one will be the first in my memory.
  50. GuilhermeG.
    Nov 5, 2008
    Let me be clear : fallout 3 missed a lot of things from the original games: Difficulty, Humor, Music, Interface among other things. And there are other less stelar points such as textures, animation and the barter and quest interface. And yes there are quite a few choices that show that Bethesda stuck too much stuff from the Elder Scrolls series. Epic music in fallout games ? Epic fail. Let me be clear : fallout 3 missed a lot of things from the original games: Difficulty, Humor, Music, Interface among other things. And there are other less stelar points such as textures, animation and the barter and quest interface. And yes there are quite a few choices that show that Bethesda stuck too much stuff from the Elder Scrolls series. Epic music in fallout games ? Epic fail. Vampires in Fallout games ? Epic fail. Enemies too easy to kill ? Epic fail. Get yourself radiated with 600 rads and don't die or loose much health like in the first games? Epic fail. (but it would be like that, because in reality, it takes a few hours to feel the effects even with that dose of radiation - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_bombs_and_health#Radiation_poisoning). I started very doubtfull of this game and noticing all of these things, but somewhere along the way you'll notice: I am playing fallout. You'll be searching lockers, tables and what not for your stuff. You'll be killing off ghouls and super mutants, raiders and mole rats. You'll be performing critical hits. You'll be leveling up expending the experience points on the same attributes as in previous games, and choosing the same perks. The game will suck you in. This I assure you. When you enter a mine field ridden busted down village, enter an abandoned house, where all windows are boarded up, with only a few sun rays going through, paint peeling off the walls, then you go up the stairs into the bedroom to find two sequeletons holding each other in bed...It's beyond words. The ambiance on this game is pure crack. The desolated wasteland is very well represented and it is oppressing. You'll be scavenging stuff to survive and managing your equipment with care. Traps will kill you. It's fun when you're walking around and then hear something drop on the floor. You look around and don't notice anything. You keep moving. Then you see at the edge of the screen something black rolling on the floor. You look down and then you understand : it's 3 grenades dropped from a trap in a walkway above you. Oh sh*t. And BUM. Also the first time you see a Super Mutant Behemoth is memorable. Hell yeah. About the interface, I already said where it fails. Other than that I think Bethesda chose to use a more realistic approach to the pip boy, and seriously i see no problem with that. It works fine for most things. It's a logical approach and seriously if you try to understand the original pip boy from the images, what the hell was that ? A PDA ? With valves ? With what shape ? Bethesda made an interesting choice and I like it. It's not as usable but far more realistic, and that's fine for me. I miss the sarcastic remarks, I miss the really dark humor, I miss the incredibly moody music and the high difficulty of the game. Sometime during my game experience I started thinking, damn this feels life the first fallout. And it does. Let me be clear though, besides the landscape, the game looks very last-gen. You won't get crispy clear textures like stalker, crysis and dead space. You won't get all those lightning effects. You won't get great facial expressions. But this is very much a work of love for the series and it shows. I quickly forgot the animations, the shoddy colision detection and the textures. I quickly forgot the stuff that shows that the mentality at Bethesda is very much stuck in the Elder scrolls series. You start wanting to find out about what is going on there, why this radio signal, where are these people, what secrets lurk in those tunnels ? You'll fight for your survival, make choices that affect character's lives, and explore. It WILL suck you in. I miss a lot of things from the original series and yes I'm sad that Bethesda didn't capture them. I'm sad that the game is wattered down for mass comsuption and the interface for console use. I wish brotherhood of steel guys felt more hardcore and invicible. I wish there was the plasma gattling gun. I wish you could apply medical care to yourself like in the original series. I wish mutants were much much harder. I was terrified of those guys in the originals, even at top levels. I wish the AI was better. I wish there was better dialog choices. I wish for the original fallout music. I wish the environment was even more scary, something more like stalker. I wish.... But you have to realize that I don't think anyone else could have done a better job. Everything in this game has a reason to be. I can perfectly understand almost all of the decisions Bethesda made in relation to this game. They all have logic and show that the game was really well tought. It shows a lot of dedication and hard work. Yes many things are different, but I still keep feeling like I'm back playing fallout 1. And it sucks you so much cause now you're playing in first person. Watching in your face all of those things you imagined when you were playing them 10 years ago. It's not perfect but it's a great game, with a huge scope that will keep you busy for a long time. Just thinking about some of the stuff I've played and watched sends me shiffers from the back of my head down my spine. It has been a long, long time since a game was able to make me feel like this. I am a hardcore gamer, from the days of playing on a 48k Spectrum with games stored on audio tapes, and I'm not easily impressed by most recent games. Far Cry 2 bores me to death, for example. Most game reviews suck these days and give wrong ratings. I would give Far Cry 2 a strong 60 or 70 at most. Fallout 3 would get a very strong 90, maybe 95. But to give this game a zero out of spite ? I'm giving it 10 just to counterbalance those brainless scores. Anyone that gives this game a zero only because it's not the original fallout, and doesn't recognize the great things about it is seriously retarded. This game is great on its own. It's strange but i keep thinking to myself : It's not fallout and at the same time, it IS fallout. I think Bethesda should go back to their labs, work on the engine, improve a lot of things : animation, collision detection, AI, textures, lightning. This engine needs an overhaul. Because I can't wait for another entry in the series. Fallout 4, for sure. Don't care about any MMORPGs, give me a proper singleplayer experience any day of the week. To sum this up : it's great to be playing fallout again. About time. Hell yeah. Oh and by the way, I can confirm something that I highly doubted when reading it in other reviews : VATS doesn't get old. Expand
  51. Jun 15, 2011
    10. This game is massive. Hours and hours of game play. I have about 130+ and there are still places I haven't been, and things I have yet to do. This game is much better than Fallout New Vegas. The story is deeper, I feel like I have a reason, meaning to explore, to find out. The story is very rich, and the game is very absorbing. The amount of content in this game is unreal. Bethesda has10. This game is massive. Hours and hours of game play. I have about 130+ and there are still places I haven't been, and things I have yet to do. This game is much better than Fallout New Vegas. The story is deeper, I feel like I have a reason, meaning to explore, to find out. The story is very rich, and the game is very absorbing. The amount of content in this game is unreal. Bethesda has done it again. Absolutely perfect game, in every regard. And to those who say it's doesn't have enough action, your mistaken. It has a mixture of everything, instead of 100% one thing. That's what makes this game so fantastic it has so many elements, and gives you reason to play it over and over, because it'll always turn out different. Expand
  52. Nov 18, 2011
    This is a fun game for a while. I got the game of the year for $10 on Steam. The graphics aren't much better than Oblivion, the textures are unimpressive, and the side quests get old after a while. The main story was well done, but, the end feels like it was slopped together.
  53. Feb 5, 2012
    One of my most favorite games ever. Everything about the game is great, I almost never encountered bugs, only few did I encounter. This game got me into post-apocalyptic games and made me fall in love with them. Worth all the time and money I spent into this game.
    I think everyone should give this game a try, it's a really good game.
  54. Jun 18, 2012
    I am not giving Fallout 3 a 10 to bring the score up as some people gave it a 0 simply to bring the score down. That would be blantly dishonest, just as the people who gave it a 0 were patently dishonest and mean spirited toward a fabulous game. This is a great game deserving of GOTY. You get more than your monies worth with this game and you can replay it over and over. Read the reviewsI am not giving Fallout 3 a 10 to bring the score up as some people gave it a 0 simply to bring the score down. That would be blantly dishonest, just as the people who gave it a 0 were patently dishonest and mean spirited toward a fabulous game. This is a great game deserving of GOTY. You get more than your monies worth with this game and you can replay it over and over. Read the reviews that give it a 10. Those reviewers love this game. Blown away by the detail of the world. Detail contributes to its, in my opinion, greatest ability: the ability to immerse the player in the world of Fallout 3. Gamers talk about the immersion factor of games. This immersion litany is one of the top factors for liking a game. Fallout 3 is by far one of the most immersive games out there. Now, look at the negatives, and the downright disingenuous trashing of Fallout 3, especially by those who gave it a 0 or a maximum of 2. Their criticism rings false. The score minus the false reviews would bring the 7.8 up closer to 9.1 the professional critics gave the game. Fallout 3 has all the traits of one of the great games produced. May their be a Fallout 4 very soon. Expand
  55. Jul 7, 2012
    It's an amazing Action RPG game. It all takes place in a post-apocalyptic Washington, DC years after The Great War that has led to a worldwide massive nuclear destruction. The capital has been reduced to a wasteland with mutants, a dangerous wildlife and people trying to make a living. Many has gone underground seeking safety in hi-tech Vaults were people has developed a small society. YouIt's an amazing Action RPG game. It all takes place in a post-apocalyptic Washington, DC years after The Great War that has led to a worldwide massive nuclear destruction. The capital has been reduced to a wasteland with mutants, a dangerous wildlife and people trying to make a living. Many has gone underground seeking safety in hi-tech Vaults were people has developed a small society. You are a vault resident from Vault 101 and your father is a scientist that runs away for reasons that are unknown. You set out to find him and get some answers. In the game you get to make your own character choosing gender, looks and age. You get to wander the wastes and explore it. The game has a wide variety of weapons and armors. You can kill your enemies using a targeting system called V.A.T.S. that allows you to freeze the moment and zoom in on your enemies choosing were you want to shoot them, and the odds for hitting those certain limbs. Fallout 3 is without a doubt the best RPG game I have ever played. It has so much content and replay value. You decide if you want to be good, evil or neutral. There are tons of choices to be made that has an effect of how people sees you as a person. Even though the game has some technical issues including numerous amount of bugs and a robotic movement it's something you shouldn't miss out on. Expand
  56. Jul 15, 2012
    Don't play it like oblivion! I feel I have to admit that when I first played this game, I got very bored of it and gave up quickly. After playing fallout 1&2 I realized why, I was playing it wrong. With the takeover of the series by bethesda if you have played oblivion you will realize a very similar look, feel and gameplay, but keep in mind this is not oblivion and resist the temptationDon't play it like oblivion! I feel I have to admit that when I first played this game, I got very bored of it and gave up quickly. After playing fallout 1&2 I realized why, I was playing it wrong. With the takeover of the series by bethesda if you have played oblivion you will realize a very similar look, feel and gameplay, but keep in mind this is not oblivion and resist the temptation to play as if it where (one central city to keep returning to, game will guide you in the right direction). Playing it in the style of fallout 1&2 provides for a much more interesting and enjoyable gameplay Expand
  57. Jul 19, 2011
    A truly epic adventure--an absolute stellar collaboration of FPS and RPG experiences. The vast open landscape allows unhindered exploration. The game offers a wealth of NPC characters, each having their own distinct personalities opening or limiting choices based on how you interact with them. The story conversations go far beyond simple dialog, offering players deep and rich characterA truly epic adventure--an absolute stellar collaboration of FPS and RPG experiences. The vast open landscape allows unhindered exploration. The game offers a wealth of NPC characters, each having their own distinct personalities opening or limiting choices based on how you interact with them. The story conversations go far beyond simple dialog, offering players deep and rich character development. There's even multiple paths/outcomes depending on the choices you make throughout the game. Multitudes of different monster types and weapons. While the story and side missions are enough to keep anyone busy for hours on end, the DLCs are well integrated and keep the game fresh for many more. Expand
  58. May 16, 2011
    ONE OF THE GREATEST RPGs I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY WHOLE LIFE. Whoever doesn't like this is a distasteful idiot. Sure there are a couple of bugs and a bit of lag. but who really cares? The setting is fantastic, the writing is top-notch, the voice acting is great, the side-quests are enjoyable and infinitely replayable, the combat is solid and suits the game very well, looting is satisfying,ONE OF THE GREATEST RPGs I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY WHOLE LIFE. Whoever doesn't like this is a distasteful idiot. Sure there are a couple of bugs and a bit of lag. but who really cares? The setting is fantastic, the writing is top-notch, the voice acting is great, the side-quests are enjoyable and infinitely replayable, the combat is solid and suits the game very well, looting is satisfying, levelling up is perfect, the characters have true variety and depth, the graphics have aged well and produce some STUNNING views (such as the destroyed, barren landscape that is the Capital Wasteland, or watching Megaton go up in an extremely satisfying and explosive mushroom cloud) and the locations are so iconic, they border on fantastical. But Fallout 3's greatest strength isn't it's combat or its graphics; its the sheer freedom and sense of scale: as soon as you leave the confines of Vault 101 you drink in this endless, barren landscape and realise there are endless possibilities. Wrangle children for slavers. Collect bobbleheads. Blow up a town or two. Or simply just explore. If you play any RPG, Fallout 3 is it. Expand
  59. Jun 4, 2011
    I went into this game with literally no idea how the story went and what the setting was and if im totally honest, it was the greatest game i have ever played, although i dont play many games i just know that this game will always be my favourite game
  60. Jun 18, 2014
    Nearly every aspect of Fallout 3 has already been critiqued and reviewed. Everything in this game is nearly perfect. The player is left wanting more. The only real problem with this game is that it will crash occasionally, but what game doesn't?

I become immersed in the game really quickly and I have to admit that this causes me to overlook some of the game's obvious flaws and mess-ups. As another reviewer pointed out, shooting someone using VATS and aiming for a specific body part does not seem to effect, hamper or handicap them in any way. Although this is true, it never bothered me enough to ruin my gaming experience. I can even overlook just because it makes the enemy a bit more challenging.

I got the impression from negative reviewers that Fallout is boring, grey, depressing with the same thing everywhere you go. Hello, have these people forgotten where this game takes place? Post-nuclear, post-apocalyptic D.C. area! The whole point of the game is to take you to this dark, depressing time that offers little hope to humanity and the player. Fallout 3 does a great job of immersing players and giving them the feeling that they really are in a hell-hole wasteland. The dj, radio stations and choice of music was pure genius that really tied the game together. I don't know what a real post-nuclear apocalypse would feel like, but this game made me feel like I was in one.

My advice to new Fallout 3 players is to play the vanilla version from start to finish. If you liked it, browser around the Nexus website for the top-rated mods and select the ones that appeal to you. Mods have given this game even more replay value and have addressed most issues people have with the game.

Originally review Oct 27, 2011, revised Jun 18, 2014. Still love the game as much as I did when it was released.
  61. Nov 2, 2011
    Hands down one of the top ten games ever released. After countless hours, nay, days of fun gameplay, any game would become a little dull. But this, like most Bethesda titles, has an avid mod community that keeps it updated, so with Fallout 3 you can play a new game every week. Last week I was blasting nazis in the Alps (with canon weapons too, still use my luger even though I'm done withHands down one of the top ten games ever released. After countless hours, nay, days of fun gameplay, any game would become a little dull. But this, like most Bethesda titles, has an avid mod community that keeps it updated, so with Fallout 3 you can play a new game every week. Last week I was blasting nazis in the Alps (with canon weapons too, still use my luger even though I'm done with the mod), before that I was playing with EVERY GUN EVER MADE, not kidding, ask anything and it'll be there. Before that I fought in a zombie apocalypse, and went to iceland, and got a motorcycle, and lived in a series of mansions, dabbled in witchcraft, Shot 300 nukes at once out of a pistol at stuff, fought every fallout monster from the prequels, and etc..... Plus if none of those sound fun to you, there are ample modding tools to make your own. With no prior experience I went on to rebuild an entire museum, got an army of old guys to punch my enemies to death, and made my guy 300 feet tall. Nuff said. If at first it wasn't a ten by now we've made it one. Expand
  62. Nov 20, 2011
    I will first review this properly without my own opinions, then include them. The game is giant; there are over 200 locations to explore. This gives a lot of playing time, and the inclusion of the karma feature allows each player to take their own path. It doesn't offer multiple story paths unlike it's successor New Vegas, which can be a good or bad thing depending on your taste. I foundI will first review this properly without my own opinions, then include them. The game is giant; there are over 200 locations to explore. This gives a lot of playing time, and the inclusion of the karma feature allows each player to take their own path. It doesn't offer multiple story paths unlike it's successor New Vegas, which can be a good or bad thing depending on your taste. I found it buggy a couple of times, but nothing too serious. The shooting action isn't amazing, the focus is on the in-game feature 'VATS' but i rarely used this as I felt it took too long for each enemy. Now my own opinion is, I freakin' loved this game. I borrowed it quickly off my dad one week and that was about a year ago. I've played it through about 4 times, it was just a fantastic experience that I loved. There was real strategy about making money, how much weight you could carry, dropping items for more valuable ones. I have bought most of the DLC afterwards because I really wanted to carry it on. You can pick it up cheap, I hope you won't regret it. Expand
  63. SamW
    Oct 29, 2008
    First off, this game isn't perfect - I have yet to find one that is - but i'm giving it a perfect score rather than a 9 just to spite BethesdaSux, a butthurt loser who probably hasn't even played this game. On to the game. I'm only a few hours in, and I am completely drowning in the depth and immersion. I loved fallout 1 but really didn't care for fallout 2 (too First off, this game isn't perfect - I have yet to find one that is - but i'm giving it a perfect score rather than a 9 just to spite BethesdaSux, a butthurt loser who probably hasn't even played this game. On to the game. I'm only a few hours in, and I am completely drowning in the depth and immersion. I loved fallout 1 but really didn't care for fallout 2 (too much extraneous and stupidly incredulous stuff world and narrative wise), and fallout 3 is much more akin to the first than the second. I'm not one for writing big reviews, so i'll sum it up - impossible to do everything with one character, perfectly balanced combat (is this fun vs is this necessary), WAY beyond "oblivion with guns", and gameplay-wise the crown prince elect of titles like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (inspired mostly by fallout in the first place), sitting next to the dusty throne of the grizzled old king Deus Ex - whose own genetic heir, deus ex invisible war, was a retard with multiple sclerosis that the kingdom disowned out of sheer lack of love. Anyway, long story short, fallout 3 is a worthy successor to its predecessors and is leaps and bounds above "oblivion" in every single way. Expand
  64. BrianV.
    Mar 28, 2010
    This is truly a masterpiece! Anyone saying otherwise just doesn't understand the gaming world. Only the amount of effort put into this game is... unreal just so unreal. You can only imagine how big and complex the fallout world is when you finished the game, and every single sidequest. As is said, the world of Fallout is HUGHE! you would spend full days of exploring every bit of the This is truly a masterpiece! Anyone saying otherwise just doesn't understand the gaming world. Only the amount of effort put into this game is... unreal just so unreal. You can only imagine how big and complex the fallout world is when you finished the game, and every single sidequest. As is said, the world of Fallout is HUGHE! you would spend full days of exploring every bit of the capital wasteland. To sum up more of the pro's: -MANY quests -very good story line -full voice acting of every character, and good voice acting -proably the game with the most freedom you'll find to date -extremely deep, in terms of missions, stories etc. -stealth -many different kind of weapons -decent graphics (not stunning, but it fits just right) The only con's i could find are some minor bugs, and the combat being 'meh' sometimes (why is the crosshair constantly only 2 arrowheads? realy a good crosshair for different types of weapons would make this game even better as it already is!). Expand
  65. Lex
    Oct 28, 2008
    Just ignore bums like "BethesdaSUX" (short form of that nick would be BS...) No, it's not Bethesda who suck, it's YOU. They create great games with a lot of creativity involved. YOU Mr. BS are creating nothing but bs and pointless whining. Stop wasting peoples time and do the world a favour - just get lost.
  66. Granger
    Nov 11, 2008
    This game does have several rough edges, but it has successfully drawn me in despite them. I've devoted almost all my gaming time to this game and keep wishing I could find more time to play it. Don't try to play this as just an FPS, as a hybrid strategy of using VATS and real-time combat works well and has greatly increased the fun factor for me. The main quest is pretty good, This game does have several rough edges, but it has successfully drawn me in despite them. I've devoted almost all my gaming time to this game and keep wishing I could find more time to play it. Don't try to play this as just an FPS, as a hybrid strategy of using VATS and real-time combat works well and has greatly increased the fun factor for me. The main quest is pretty good, but the side quests and exploring on your own are where this game shines. Expand
  67. joshq
    Nov 11, 2008
    Really enjoyable, as for a lot of negative reviewers, maybe it's not for everyone, personally I'm more of a strict fps fan (though I do like progression), yet this game tops my list over stalker: clear sky, crysis warhead sp, and far cry 2... First off this game completely succeeds in implementing a side quest system, nothing is kill or collect this many of that, every side Really enjoyable, as for a lot of negative reviewers, maybe it's not for everyone, personally I'm more of a strict fps fan (though I do like progression), yet this game tops my list over stalker: clear sky, crysis warhead sp, and far cry 2... First off this game completely succeeds in implementing a side quest system, nothing is kill or collect this many of that, every side quest is a small story of its own.. the main storyline is refreshingly good for a change, the vats system isn't required it can be seen as a turn-based combat system or just a special bonus to the fps combat, i personally liked it though... there's a lot of different play styles you can take on from a gameplay standpoint and a decision (moral) standpoint. The cool things you stumble upon aren't just liked with the main quest, a lot of it you discover on your own. A playthrough itself is long and enjoyable and there's a lot of replay value. Expand
  68. Sep 23, 2010
    Fallout 3 has to be a favourite of mine, and due to a new rig build i decided to start it again. I realised that the generic storyline is a only but a speck on what the game has to offer if you indulge your character in the little side missions available. Much like other massive RPG's days of your life can be put into this customising things with pc mods and just generally playing throughFallout 3 has to be a favourite of mine, and due to a new rig build i decided to start it again. I realised that the generic storyline is a only but a speck on what the game has to offer if you indulge your character in the little side missions available. Much like other massive RPG's days of your life can be put into this customising things with pc mods and just generally playing through different ways. Eitherway, despite some bugs, and some slightly poor graphics in certain areas, its a good game allround Expand
  69. Nov 26, 2010
    Far supurior to its console bretheren. Fallout 3 may start slow and boring, but it makes up for its size and impact on the game. I found that it is more leaned towards the good karma, which is a bit of a dissapointment, but the game has its generic gameplay. A decent story and your actions realy do help shape the capital wasetland. This game is also greatly improved with a few mods, but asFar supurior to its console bretheren. Fallout 3 may start slow and boring, but it makes up for its size and impact on the game. I found that it is more leaned towards the good karma, which is a bit of a dissapointment, but the game has its generic gameplay. A decent story and your actions realy do help shape the capital wasetland. This game is also greatly improved with a few mods, but as a vanilla product. Its graphics are not the best but they are pretty decent and realy suit the feeling of the game. While some parts are pretty repetative, i found its vats and gruesome enviroment a key factor in helping this game live to its past predeccesors. Expand
  70. Dec 18, 2010
    Very good game, the extra DLC's were an amazing add on. Very fun and very mod-able to provide hours of fun, I bought it expecting a game I would play once and then probably never again. I was proven wrong. Bethesda goes and make an excellent game that had me hooked and has caused me to play the campaign more times then I can remember. With 100 hours of game play I can safely say, if youVery good game, the extra DLC's were an amazing add on. Very fun and very mod-able to provide hours of fun, I bought it expecting a game I would play once and then probably never again. I was proven wrong. Bethesda goes and make an excellent game that had me hooked and has caused me to play the campaign more times then I can remember. With 100 hours of game play I can safely say, if you like RPG's, 1st and 3rd person shooters, trust me on this you will love Fallout 3. With complete freedom and lots of guns, weapons, and quests, you will be spellbound by the awesomeness of this game. Expand
  71. Dec 26, 2010
    This would be the single most immersive game I've played, as its mostly about exploring every nook and cranny in a post-apocalyptic world. New Vegas expanded on the rpg system a bit, but I guarantee you're going to miss the VATS from this game. The main quest isn't that long, but it's a bethesda/fallout game, why are you playing if you aren't going to get immersed into the world as aThis would be the single most immersive game I've played, as its mostly about exploring every nook and cranny in a post-apocalyptic world. New Vegas expanded on the rpg system a bit, but I guarantee you're going to miss the VATS from this game. The main quest isn't that long, but it's a bethesda/fallout game, why are you playing if you aren't going to get immersed into the world as a whole instead of what you're main job is. As always, one of the coolest things about a fallout game is its humor, and you should be able to get plenty of laughs wandering around the capital wasteland. Expand
  72. Feb 16, 2011
    I got this game a couple years a go for Christmas. Since then I have played hours and hours of this game. I was shocked to see how many people just despise this game. This Game is a work of Art! The only downfall of this game is Games for Windows live. I personally didn't mind too much mainly because I bought it retail. If you buy on Steam Keep that in mind.

Performance wise I was able to

Performance wise I was able to run the game full resolution on medium settings on a old duel core machine flawlessly. If you are worried about bugs, most of them have been worked out at this point.

If you are looking for a game that will last you this game will do that and more. If the base game wasn't enough the DLC adds even more. I highly advise that you get the game of the year edition because it comes with the DLC and you save money.
  73. Apr 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought the Steam Game-of-the-Year edition of Fallout 3, and though far from perfect, it's a very good game and far better than the disappointment of Oblivion.

Since gaming for me is all about story and immersiveness, I suppose I'll start with that. The story was good. It wasn't complete crap like Oblivion's was, and I was well-entertained by it throughout the game, if not completely enthralled or astounded. You're born in one of the underground vaults designed to protect several thousand American citizens from the apocalypse, and when you're nineteen, the overseer of your vault goes berserk after your father leaves. He and his goonies try to kill you and you're forced to leave and search for your father. This whole early portion takes about an hour and mainly involves character building (which I still have similar issues with from Oblivion, but that's for later).

After leaving the vault, the remainder of the campaign takes you all across the Capital Wasteland, and this world, unlike Oblivion's, was truly unique and enjoyable. To be honest, I'm giving this game a nine mainly because of the world design. Exploration was incredibly fun, as you get to see first-hand the results of the nuclear apocalypse on Washington D.C. And unlike in Oblivion, there was actually a point to exploring before max level, in which you were so bored because of the I-finished-all-the-faction-quests-and-there's-nothing-to-do-but-dungeon-dive syndrome. In Fallout 3, you actually have to survive, and that's what made this game fun for me. You scrounge around the remnants and frames of buildings, sewer stations, utility plants, looking for anything and everything that could help you survive, whether it be rare weapons, ammunition, or just caps for money. At heart, I think Fallout 3 is a survival game, and it accomplished this exceedingly well.

Oh and did I mention? Enemies no longer level with you, meaning that if you try and do everything at level 1, prepare to get your ass handed to you. (Though if you somehow managed to acquire the money/food/supplies to take on some of the higher-level areas, I suppose you could succeed.) To be honest, I would recommend sticking around the first town you come across until about level 3, just to make sure you can survive long enough to do any actual exploring.

But exploring does more than just let you live off the remains of the land and tick off markers on your map. Though there are no factions like in TES games, Fallout 3 has its share of some pretty remarkable side quests, and most of these are found through exploration. Finding a secret cult of "vampires," stumbling across what appear to be the last vestiges of flora in D.C., or going on some inane hunt for soft drinks are each the basis for some very enjoyable quests and characters, even if (once again) the facial animations are pretty far from believable.

And to be honest, that's pretty much my only complaint. When it came to FO3, I found few bugs, or anything else that really detracted from the game. The karma system was kind of cool, but it was pretty basic, I guess, and there were only two cities, but these aren't really big issues. The only problem I really had is a flaw with Bethesda's Gamebryo engine, and the fact that it cannot animate people's faces with any sort of believability. Also, you will always be playing the same character, since the CharGen, though very flexible, somehow makes all your characters end up looking pretty much the same, unless you switch genders.

Gameplay was another success, in my opinion. I have seen complaints that targeting body parts with your fire saw little impact, but I disagree. Headshots killed faster, crippling arms immediately disarmed the monster you were shooting at, and hitting the legs effectively crippled them from running. It wasn't groundbreaking gameplay mechanics but they worked solidly. VATS, however, was a different story. To be honest, there still isn't anything quite like blowing sombody's head off in slow motion, and your action points, on which VATS is dependent, regenerate fast enough that it's not gamebreakingly easy to spam, but still allows you to use it quite frequently. The best part is, it allows you to quite seamlessly switch from real-time combat to a moderate form of turn-based combat-by-the-numbers. Overall, I personally thought it was a resounding success.

So Fallout 3 definitely bested Oblivion. I immensely enjoyed it, easily logging 100 hours or more. It wasn't flawless, but it's the best we've gotten out of Bethesda since Morrowind, and it was highly enjoyable. So I will settle for a 9/10. But I'm still waiting on Skyrim...
  74. Sep 5, 2011
    Utterly outstanding open world RPG Shooter that everyone should be forced to play by law, ok the graphics are rubbish by PC standards, but they work well so I can forgive them for that, the story has so many side quests that it can take 100+ hours of hunting to do them all. BIOWARE needs to take a look as their newer titles (ME2 and DA2) have fallen behind Bethesda's offerings.
  75. Apr 26, 2011
    A extremely fun and enjoyable game. Whilst some hardcore Fallout 1 and 2 fans will be disapointed with the writing and plot it still holds up as an excellent game worthy of the praise given to it.
  76. May 10, 2011
    Look, this game is great. I mean, it's like Mass Effect because of the dialogue and RPG because of the upgrading system. I'm a shooter and a RPG fan, so I was really excited for this game. And it delivered in every way imaginable. However, it does use the crappy Games For Windows Live, and I use Steam, so I wasn't able to get achievements in the game. It also sometimes crashes, but whoLook, this game is great. I mean, it's like Mass Effect because of the dialogue and RPG because of the upgrading system. I'm a shooter and a RPG fan, so I was really excited for this game. And it delivered in every way imaginable. However, it does use the crappy Games For Windows Live, and I use Steam, so I wasn't able to get achievements in the game. It also sometimes crashes, but who cares? It auto-saves everytime you enter a different room. Also, the loading times are so short it's amazing. You get the whole wasteland in just five seconds. The graphics are really good too. There are a lot of quests you can do to, and the karma is interesting. Most of the people who say this game isn't good are just haters because they didn't listen to what the NPCs said. People, if you don't listen to what people say you will not get the story. Just saying. It's really realistic too. Like, if you take too much of a drug you will get addicted to it, and then there will be side effects, like minus one agility or strength. I'm giving this a nine because of GFWL. It just kinda ruins it. Steam forever! Expand
  77. May 17, 2011
    Fallout 3 was a truly fascinating journey into what the world could be like after a nuclear apocalypse. Beautiful story, awesome characters, great gameplay, and an enormous worldscape make for an unforgettable experience.

Where the graphics or polish fell short, the modders reached out and closed the gap.
  78. Jul 4, 2011
    Well fallout 3 is amazing, vast world, with a nice storyline and will get you hours and hours of gameplay and sure you will want to play it again!

One of my favorite RPG's
  79. Jul 8, 2011
    Well done comeback to post-nuclear world of fallout. Iâ
  80. Jul 26, 2011
    This is the most addictive game ever. So far I have played about 65 hours and the adventure still continues far beyond the horizon. I got the game of the year edition and haven't opened the expansions yet either. The game as a whole is one of the best put together action/rpg combos ever. I'm trying the good guy routine this time around and next I'm just act like some crazed merc for theThis is the most addictive game ever. So far I have played about 65 hours and the adventure still continues far beyond the horizon. I got the game of the year edition and haven't opened the expansions yet either. The game as a whole is one of the best put together action/rpg combos ever. I'm trying the good guy routine this time around and next I'm just act like some crazed merc for the next go round. Being able to fine tune how the character is with such physical and personality trait depth is incredible as well. Like others have said it does crash and act glitchy at times but it's easily overlooked due to the sheer immersion level this game provides. Expand
  81. Jul 8, 2011
    Possibly the greatest game ever made so far. Judging it with all the expansions and updates to fix the initial bugs, its a superb ride with a huge amount of content.
  82. Jul 31, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game. The world detail level is amazing (characters, plot, scenery, world size...), it is a a huge software development. The "VATS" system is really innovative and does a lot of work for the player, so you can focus on more important things than just aiming your weapon.

The world is too big for my taste. It took me about 40 game-play hours to finish the game in normal mode and completing several quests. I prefer games that are more intense and need less dedication...

The "karma" system is cool, but it is too easy to reach the top karma level and, in the end, doesn't have too much impact on the plot. I miss more karma levels and a bigger impact in the game's development.

Despite some multi-core freezing issues I faced at the beginning (found solution here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1328904), the game is technically brilliant.

If you like RPG games, this is a game for you.
  83. Jun 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Having played through both Skyrim and Oblivion, I eventually decided to buy Fallout 3 and see how Bethesda's formula would hold up against such an alien setting. Some people say that Fallout 3 is shallow compared to previous games, but since I have yet to try them out, I'm just going to judge F3 for what it's worth. In many ways, Fallout 3 is actually better than the ES games. Specifically, the moral choices are a bit more important to how you go about the game. Unlike in Skyrim, where you'd need to go ahead with many quests without being offered a choice of whether you wanted to do the quest or not, in Fallout you'll more often get a choice whether to help the poor dying man or shoot his head off with a shotgun. I am surprised by the variety of scenery, especially considering that a post-apocalyptic wasteland will mostly just consist of scorched rocks and ruined buildings. As usual with Beth's behemoths, the quests are deep and varied: some will be the usual fetch quests (kept more interesting by the different locales), while others have you following a giant robot while it obliterates enemy soldiers with giant lasers (really). No game is perfect though, and Fallout 3 is no exception. The interiors are a bit bland and repetitive, the city routes are noticeably more linear than other parts of the game and the enemies lack any interesting variety. As a whole though, Fallout 3 is deep, interesting, addictive and a must for any fan of open-world RPG's. Expand
  84. Mar 15, 2012
    I have been playing video games all my life. Fallout 3 is one of the best games I have ever played. Revolutionary when it came out in 2008. Fallout universe > Elder Scrolls.
  85. Oct 9, 2012
    Este juego es uno de los tres mejores de la presente generacion. Profundo, divertido, desafiante, larguísimo, original, inmenso...me prodría pasar el día alabándolo. Es cierto que no es perfecto y por eso le doy un 9. Gráficamente es mejorable en especial las terribles animaciones de los presonajes y tiene algún que otro bug (razonable dado laEste juego es uno de los tres mejores de la presente generacion. Profundo, divertido, desafiante, larguísimo, original, inmenso...me prodría pasar el día alabándolo. Es cierto que no es perfecto y por eso le doy un 9. Gráficamente es mejorable en especial las terribles animaciones de los presonajes y tiene algún que otro bug (razonable dado la enormidad del juego), pero una vez te sumerjas en su ambientación retro-apocalíptica, con un sentido del humor genial y algunas misiones inolvidables, todos esos fallos serán insignificantes comparado con todo lo que te ofrece el juego.
    Graficos: 8 Sonido: 8 Diversion: 10 Duracion: 10
  86. Dec 15, 2011
    This is a game that will always have a place in my heart as one of my favorites. I've always been a sucker for post-apocalyptic settings, but Bethesda delivers it in such a perfect manner that I can't help but visit the radioactive Wasteland over and over again in my escape from reality. It has a great story, should you choose to pay attention, but that isn't really what defines a BethesdaThis is a game that will always have a place in my heart as one of my favorites. I've always been a sucker for post-apocalyptic settings, but Bethesda delivers it in such a perfect manner that I can't help but visit the radioactive Wasteland over and over again in my escape from reality. It has a great story, should you choose to pay attention, but that isn't really what defines a Bethesda game. Instead, it's the vastness of the open world around you and the freedom you get to travel to wherever you want to go and do whatever you want to do. You want to travel to the nearest town and detonate the dormant nuke lying within? You can do that. You want to play the hero and help everyone out with their problems? You can do that. You want to travel the world and explore every little crevice the Wastes have to offer? You can do that. Or do you simply just want to shoot every little thing that moves? Because you can do that, too. From start to fini--well, I really shouldn't say "finish", as I haven't actually completed the entire game yet. After approximately 100+ hours of playtime, I still haven't finished every quest. I'm pretty sure I haven't even discovered half of the locations in the world, yet. So, through and through, this game is utterly amazing and will take up a good majority of your time, if you're into those non-linear sorts of games. The only complaint I have about Fallout 3 is the shooting system (which is quite nearly broken), but luckily is mended by the implementation of the VATS targeting system. And if all else fails, you could always pour your skill points into Big Guns and fire Fat Man nukes every which way until your enemies stop moving and their limbs are scattered across the Wasteland. Expand
  87. Dec 25, 2011
    lease listen! Fallout 3 maybe the best game I've ever played. If this game had some nudity in it would be the best game of of all time. Fallout 3 has HOURS of game play. I've had it a week and I've put 54 hours into playing it. I rank Fallout 3 right up there with Half-Life. The story line is great. You choose your own path. You pick if your good or bad. Help people for free and be a herolease listen! Fallout 3 maybe the best game I've ever played. If this game had some nudity in it would be the best game of of all time. Fallout 3 has HOURS of game play. I've had it a week and I've put 54 hours into playing it. I rank Fallout 3 right up there with Half-Life. The story line is great. You choose your own path. You pick if your good or bad. Help people for free and be a hero or take what you need and be a raider. Please buy this game its one of the best games out today! Expand
  88. Jan 17, 2012
    Fallout 3 is a very different game than so many other games we see in stores these days, Fallout 3 have something special than most other games dont have and therefore i think its an awesome game! The Wasteland brings that epic feeling of almost IRL feeling, danger is everywhere. War, War Never Changes. Deffintly worth buying!
  89. Jan 21, 2012
    Such a great game! I don't see why people write bad reviews just because a few little things just ruin everything the game gives. The only thing that I don't like about the game is just the total environment. It is just too dull for me as you would think 200 years after a nuclear holocaust that sky would be blue and that there would be some vegetation coming back. Otherwise, I don't have aSuch a great game! I don't see why people write bad reviews just because a few little things just ruin everything the game gives. The only thing that I don't like about the game is just the total environment. It is just too dull for me as you would think 200 years after a nuclear holocaust that sky would be blue and that there would be some vegetation coming back. Otherwise, I don't have a thing to complain about, but I don't let the environment ruin everything else that is included in the game. I simply love the game, though once you're done exploring everywhere and done with all the quests, it gets kind of boring. But that's why there's mods out there! They add excitement back to the game and some even help clear out glitches and help increase difficulty, realism, and the environment of the game. Even though the mods weren't made by Bethesda, they're still part of the game. So in all, completely awesome game and I cannot wait to buy Fallout 4 when it comes out! Expand
  90. Oct 18, 2015
    With Fallout 4 coming out in a month, the comparisons and fanboys/girls will be coming out soon and compare these two games to death. Fallout 4 will be streamlined, no doubt, and this will be the reason why so many will thing Fallout 3 is the better game. Having Played Fallout New Vegas before this, Fallout 3 had a high standard to beat. But surprisingly, it did very well. The atmosphereWith Fallout 4 coming out in a month, the comparisons and fanboys/girls will be coming out soon and compare these two games to death. Fallout 4 will be streamlined, no doubt, and this will be the reason why so many will thing Fallout 3 is the better game. Having Played Fallout New Vegas before this, Fallout 3 had a high standard to beat. But surprisingly, it did very well. The atmosphere of desolation is well-done and you feel quite alone in the wasteland. The nights are dark and you HAVE to rest or stumble in the dark, which builds very good atmosphere. I modded my games and I love it. Having come out more than 7 years ago, this game still holds out to this very day. Fallout New Vegas is the better of the two, but still, you'll have plenty of fun with this. So if you like open-world post-apocalyptic sandbox games with an actual story and worthwhile experience, you can't go wrong with a game that makes drinking water feel so refreshing. Expand
  91. Jul 27, 2014
    This game reminded me so much of Oblivion until I realized they're both Bethesda games! The dialog, people's faces and general feel of the game is exactly like Oblivion. Despite it being from 2008, it still offers great gameplay but a couple of the mods I recommend are the sprint mod and the computer hacking mod. Makes the game a bit easier to get through...and for a cheap price of $19 itThis game reminded me so much of Oblivion until I realized they're both Bethesda games! The dialog, people's faces and general feel of the game is exactly like Oblivion. Despite it being from 2008, it still offers great gameplay but a couple of the mods I recommend are the sprint mod and the computer hacking mod. Makes the game a bit easier to get through...and for a cheap price of $19 it was worth playing at least once. Expand
  92. Nov 8, 2015
    This was my first fallout game and the largest open world game I’ve ever played. It can be said that the main story is short and not all that good, but the beauty of this game is how much there is to see and do outside of the main story. I racked up 160 hours exploring every section of the map and I’m sure there are still things I missed. Now I’m excited to try out the other games in theThis was my first fallout game and the largest open world game I’ve ever played. It can be said that the main story is short and not all that good, but the beauty of this game is how much there is to see and do outside of the main story. I racked up 160 hours exploring every section of the map and I’m sure there are still things I missed. Now I’m excited to try out the other games in the series. Expand
  93. Aug 5, 2013
    Fallout 3 is and always will be one of the best RPG's of all time, it's amazing combat, cool graphics and great story all make up for an epic experience that almost no other games can topple.
  94. Aug 7, 2013
    This is downright my favorite game of all time. Granted it didnt make me feel as much as some other games did, but the storyline, quests, choices, dlc, and overall gameplay made up for it greatly. Every quest i could feel myself really get into it. I can allways remember thinking to myself what would be behind the next corner, and when i think that the building i was exploring was depletedThis is downright my favorite game of all time. Granted it didnt make me feel as much as some other games did, but the storyline, quests, choices, dlc, and overall gameplay made up for it greatly. Every quest i could feel myself really get into it. I can allways remember thinking to myself what would be behind the next corner, and when i think that the building i was exploring was depleted of "goodies" id realised i missed an entire level. The map itself could win awards. Its vastness could make you lose yourself in it for hours on end. Ive beaten this game several times allready, and have accomplished every achievment for it including the dlc's, and have put well over 500 hours of gameplay into this masterpiece. For the people who say that its horrible because of its never ending glitches; i pity you. I can recolect on countless nights stayng up to 3 or 4 in the morining laughing histarically at the mysterious glitches this game has to offer. The fighting system is also top notch. This is the only game series I know that allows you to stop time and pick your target for your shot. Dont even get me started on the weapons, i would spend countless nights trying to find special weapons and ammunition. The leveling system is also just superb. Itd take me 10 minutes to just figure out which perk id want. "Do i want this one to get more xp, or this one to make myself a better fighter". Its just magnificent. And the companions uhhhhhhhhh the companions. I remember dogmeat specifically. He was the best friend a person could have wondering through the wastes. He fought enemies for you, found you ammo, and health, and he was damn near invincible. When i lost him for the first time it brought me to tears (thank god for his puppies!!!!). There is no other game i love more than this one, and i can not wait for four!!!! Expand
  95. Aug 28, 2013
    I played the original two Fallout games back in the day on PC, and I will always love Fallout 3. One of the greatest games I’ve ever played, hands-down.

I’d say, however, that you need to understand what type of a game you’re getting into. It’s a technical RPG, very open world, and will require lots & lots of exploring. This is not a simple first-person-shooter. Anyone expecting a FPS will end up quite frustrated, as will anyone who jumps into the game without planning how to level their character.

Taking all that in mind, Fallout 3 was an immersive experience of gaming bliss I do not expect to be equaled any time soon. Possibly not ever. There was something about walking out of the vault into the unknown wasteland with nothing but a pistol, baseball bat & a few rounds of ammo in my pocket that was great fun. I also loved how, in the middle of traveling to one destination, I could easily find myself sidetracked for days at a time with random waypoint markers that led to other events & new quests.

The design of the game is beautiful, as well. One of my favorite areas is looking across at the aircraft carrier at night, because you can see holes in the walls where light is shining through from the people living there, as well as gazing at other details like the wrecked part of the front ship or the giant trenches dug all around the Mall near the Washington Monument.

Some of the environments do get a bit repetitive, but as long as you are leveling you have a reason to explore. And whatever area you’re in, whether a cave or abandoned warehouse, usually has some sort of story to go along with it that can be found by hacking into computers & reading some information. It’s not necessary but adds some depth & life to world you’re playing in.
    As I said, it makes for a very immersive experience.

The difficulty also scales satisfactorily. In the beginning, you’ll be happy to get a junky machine pistol and survive a handful of raiders. Near the end (with proper builds), you’ll be able to decimate an entire band of raiders with VATS sniper rifle headshots, watching them explode in slo-mo as you do so.

The only real disappointment I had was once I reached maxed level, but that was only because Fallout 3 makes leveling feel like quite an event, even playing a special musical theme to mark the occasion. However, it will take you a good while to hit max level and you’ll have done a great deal of exploration by then.
  96. Sep 4, 2013
    I love this game. I think it's the best game of the century. I know that there are some glitches and bugs, but it is not so important, because this game is really awesome
  97. Nov 8, 2013
    This game is one of the Top 5 RPG of all-time. With the great Mods available for it and just the massiveness and content in this game, it will provide literally 100's of hours of enjoyment.
  98. Nov 19, 2013
    #1 Game in Post-Apocalyptic Simulation. Fallout captures everything you want from a nuked-out D.C. Bethesda has put out yet another great game and this will surely stand the test of time.
  99. Dec 3, 2013
    This game is personally the greatest game I have ever played. With that being said, it is a game type and genre that goes well together for some gamers, and is seen as uninteresting and boring for others. Based on a nuclear war with China and America, survivors of the bombs funneled into these underground "Vaults" which were crazy social experiments to test human psychological andThis game is personally the greatest game I have ever played. With that being said, it is a game type and genre that goes well together for some gamers, and is seen as uninteresting and boring for others. Based on a nuclear war with China and America, survivors of the bombs funneled into these underground "Vaults" which were crazy social experiments to test human psychological and emotional well being. You play as a member of Vault 101, located in the Wasteland of form Washington D.C. and you are thrown right into the middle of something much larger than yourself. This game takes on a satirical and humorous view of the apocalypse, providing a fun perk system that makes everything more gory, or allowing roaming animals to come to your aid in a fight. On top of that, it has amazing game physics and graphics (note: that was like 5 years ago, its not like skyrim, but it is totally playable.). The overall sum of this review is this: Worth the $4-$20 you will spend to buy this. I actually believe that this is a crime against Bethesda to sell such a well developed and thought out game. Its immersive and has endless replayablity, I have logged over 700 hours and thats before you mod, which there are so many good mods for the game that add a Zombie virus or add extra companions. A MUST HAVE GAME FOR ANYONE WHO LOVES RPGS OR ANY VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL. If you don't like this game, I apologize and think you should just go back to Call of Duty, because i'm sure you think that's the best game ever. Expand
  100. Jan 5, 2016
    i don't care. This to me is the best Fallout game of them all and this game is exactly the reason why i was disappointed with Fallout 4. So on with the review then.

Pros: -The atmosphere like any Fallout game is just pitch perfect. From the desolate city of Megaton to the destroyed Washington DC. Everything just looks amazing and it feels like a world gone to hell. -The story. This

Pros:
    -The story. This is what i was disappointed with in Fallout 4. The story in 4 is very simplistic but in this game it's anything but. You can be a good guy and save everyone and they will treat you like a hero or you can be an **** and people will try to kill you. It's up to you really. Do you save Megaton and do possibly the worst quests in the game for Moira or do you detonate the nuke in the middle of the town and be hated by everybody. It's all up to you.

Cons:
    -If i had to nitpick i would say that the graphics haven't aged all that well and the combat is nothing to cheer about but it doesn't distract from the experience. Fallout 3 is a great game and any fans of action RPG's should check it out.

1. PC PowerPlay
    Minor niggles aside, Fallout 3 is almost entirely spectacular. Everything from the graphics, to the sound, to the plot is first-rate. The VATS system worlds like a charm, and it’s so easy to get the hang of, you’ll be cracking skulls like there’s no tomorrow. [Dec 2008, p.55]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    A vast and open world of unimaginable possibilities opens in front of you in Fallout 3. Great story, flawless combat system, and the option to choose your own way makes it a hot candidate for game of the year. [Nov 2008]
  3. Fallout 3 is one of this year's best games. It's an unforgettable journey that lives up to the series. You are an ex-vault 101 inhabitant, and you discover a whole new world, full of zombies, mutants, raiders, aliens and all kinds of creatures. Welcome to this post-apocaliptic reality, where you are going to spend hundreds of hours.