7.8

1. Jul 20, 2011
    Finally! A New Vegas DLC that was worth the wait. Better than Dead Money, and MUCH better than Honest Hearts, Old World Blues gets the exploration/combat/story mix exactly right. Sci-fi campy without going over into stupid, it's actually made me laugh a few times, and think, "Thats really twisted.." at others.
    The characters you meet are... unique, to say the least, but interesting and
    funny, too. The voiceovers are very well done and fit each NPC nicely. Some of the architectural design is a refreshing change from the standard "vault interior" we've all come to know so well, and is a pleasure to explore.
    Highly recomended. You're nuts if you don't pick this up! (IMHO)
  2. Jul 22, 2011
    Campy, intelligent and very humourous dialogues. Long, but even if you are itching for action you`ll listen to every bit. And action? There`s plenty of it. And all in "science fiction comedy horror" flavour that this DLC sells so well. Compared to Honest Hearts, you won`t find yourself bored as often. Compared to Dead Money you won`t be replaying some parts as often. And overall, this DLC can easily measure up to some of Fallout 3 DLCs that we enjoyed in soo much (Point Lookout, The Pitt)...
    More return fo your invested time (and money), definitely.

"Merril4Life" - It`s sad when DLCs have to salvage the game taht could have been so much more. DA2 is NOT epic, awesome and intricate. Look towards DA:O for that. Not to mention that this page has absolutely nothing to do with Dragon age 2...
  3. Jul 22, 2011
    The best F:NV DLC yet! Funny, interesting and involving, the bulk of the DLC is a very cleverly disguised and massive fetch-quest but what a disguise! Well worth buying, if only for the NPC interactions. Muggy, the Toaster and the Light Switches had me in stitches.
  4. Aug 1, 2011
    The storyline, characters and events are all outrageously hilarious. There is some excessive dialogue at the beginning and end of the DLC that, once passed, led to a very enjoyable experience. I thought this DLC was more interesting than Point Lookout and more importantly, you ended up with items that weren't worthless outside of Big MT. An icing on the cake is the superb housing you get for completing OWB that is accessible nearly anytime you're outside in the Mojave. My only major complaint about OWB was the gearing of weaponry towards Melee/ Energy Weapon users. Regular gun ammo and explosive devices proved to be quite rare, so you had to pick up melee or energy weapon skill to defeat hordes of robot scorpions. Expand
  5. Jul 27, 2011
    Some of the first DLC for any game that I was actually very glad to have bought. It's a delicious and campy romp, adding enough new content to well and truly justify the purchase price. If you didn't really enjoy Fallout NV, then guess what.... you're not going to like this either, but for anyone who has any remaining stamina for the game it is loads of fun. Lots of new toys to play with as well as some very amusing and memorable characters. Oozing (sometimes literally) with charm. What are you waiting for.... grab it now.... FOR SCIENCE!! Expand
  6. Jul 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Finally a DLC that really adds something to the new Fallout games. Be warned though that this is far more Fallout 2 in flavour than any of the other DLC in either FO3 or NV. Its 50's pulp sci-fi through and through and highly entertaining to boot. A DLC that adds a decent amount of content and add something unique to the world. I clocked 16 hours on this DLC and I didnt explore everything. There are still a few minor bugs but nothing here thats going to ruin the experience in any way.

If you're a fan of Fallout 2 this is a no brainer. Simply put this is the single best DLC released thus far, and a real credit to the writing talents of Obsidian. Its funny as hell in that dark Fallout way.

Buy it. Play it. Love it. 9 out of 10
  7. Sep 6, 2011
    With funny and suprisingly deep characters, a nice collection of new things, and brand new eccentric and exotic places to explore, I can say with an honest heart that buying Old World Blues will not be dead money.
  8. Oct 2, 2011
    Great DLC , funny, edgy, dark and challenging and if you scavenge around enough you can find something left behind by Ulysses. I found it very fun to try and find all of the SINKS back-up software, which is not easy or quick, you can spend hours an hours in this DLC , another nice addition.....you can go back afterward woohoo.
  9. Aug 21, 2011
    Excellent DLC. I laughed out loud several times as it was the dialogue and voice acting that made the game great. A very refreshing change after Honest Hearts. I LOVE that the professor from The Venture Bros. is a voice actor, plays a similar character, and references The Venture Bros. Very good game. Didn't really feel like DLC at all, but more a natural continuation of the game.
  10. Apr 19, 2012
    One of the best expansions I've ever played. I liked it more than any of the other Fallout 3 and New Vegas content, including the entire base games. It manages to be quirky, creepy, and hilarious all at the same time and has great dialogue and voice acting. The final boss is also very well done... it's set up the way you would have wanted Deus Ex: HR's bosses to be, which is to say there are more ways than brute force to win. If you pass on this you are missing out on the best Fallout content this generation. Expand
  11. Mar 3, 2012
    One of the best dlc's on the market, right up there with red dead redemption's undead nightmare and episodes from liberty city and shivering isles. This is the best dlc for the entire fallout franchise. Bar none. With some of the most quirky characters, it is absolutely huge - with worthwhile content. Lot's to do. Interesting quests (for the most part). It expands on the game in all the right ways. The humor is more hit than miss - and a lot of the game carries back into vanilla new vegas. Totally and utterly recommended. I would even say essential to the new vegas package. Expand
  12. Aug 19, 2011
    If you don't run around shouting "WITH SCIENCE!" during every mundane activity after playing this DLC, then you have a heart of stone.

Name your firstborn son Mobius.
  13. Aug 2, 2011
    This DLC was fun, long and totally make it worth buying, the penning of the script is funny and crude and totally kept within the nineteen sixties style of fun, lets hope the divide is this good.
  14. Jul 29, 2013
    The best DLC of in all of Fallout thus far, Old World Blues is humorous, well-written and presents a brand new large area to explore, with fun and interesting sidequests and lore that compliment the main game in the Mojave well. It feels much more like a natural expansion to the game than the other DLCs, and barring a few technical hiccups and bugs that remain sadly consistent with each new offering of New Vegas, it's a fantastic addition to a great game. Expand
  15. Oct 3, 2011
    I was given this game last christmas and having played the first game i was doubtfull. However since getting it I've played it more times than I can remember and intend going back to it yet again in the near future. The ONLY problem with it is that you can loose hours without knowing it while playing!
  16. Oct 19, 2011
    Easily the best DLC for a modern Fallout game, with hilarious characters and dialogue, a crazy (and quite clever) main plot, and a good length without dragging at any point. The various locations in the Big Empty are all interesting to explore and stuffed with fun new weapons and armour. I'd go so far as to so it's the most fun I've ever had with any of the Fallout games.
  17. Dec 26, 2011
    beautiful....simply magnificent, it combines technology with insanity, or instability. 10/10 good job Bethesda, you made a DLC both fun, difficult, slightly irritating and addicting, if you buy this DLC you will not be disappointed it was amazing to play, the zone looks small...but it is chock full of amazing places to explore, for example, finding the legendary bloatfly(the hardest of all legendary's) unique weapons, a barking machine gun, and all the energy weapons you can handle, be warned , bring lots of caps, because you will need to repair your stuff often, bring armor piercing bullets, or max charged cells, there are also fun new melee and unarmed weapons...but seriously, armor piercing....max charge, lots of caps be warned now. if you only buy one DLC...get this one, it is well worth it. Expand

1. Sep 16, 2011
    The extra content, funny characters and entertaining story introduced through Old World Blues, makes the great Fallout: New Vegas even better. There is much to explore, and who wouldn't want to meet up with one's own brain for a bit of a chat?
  2. Sep 8, 2011
    Packs goofy characters, great loot, and a few bugs into an interesting new zone for the Fallout series. [Oct 2011, p.86]
  3. Aug 29, 2011