8.6

1. Apr 11, 2012
    Very good game for those who like to explore, fight a bit, find junk, and make your own story. There are several plots available to spur you on if you're at a loss for what to do next. I liked this better than Fallout 3. The mechanics are very similar, but somewhat more polished. It has the tongue-in-cheek approach to writing and design that is common to Fallout franchise games. (I'd loveVery good game for those who like to explore, fight a bit, find junk, and make your own story. There are several plots available to spur you on if you're at a loss for what to do next. I liked this better than Fallout 3. The mechanics are very similar, but somewhat more polished. It has the tongue-in-cheek approach to writing and design that is common to Fallout franchise games. (I'd love to play a deadly serious, realistic apocalyptic FPS/RPG sometime.)

Fallout 3: 188 hrs. Skyrim: 300 hrs. New Vegas: 120 hrs. so far. God, what am I doing with my life?
  2. Nov 18, 2012
    If you liked fallout 3. You gonna love new vegas. Is a really great game, with a very nice dificulty mode, where you must drink water and eat food. There a lot of new weapons, but the most important, is there are a lot of great misions, with a very great conversations, and a lot of kind of modes to do some mision.
    You can llok for some info, with yous speakingm or stealth from a securyti
    You can llok for some info, with yous speakingm or stealth from a securyti box etc.
    The main history is also really nice! You have to take a lot of decisions.
    I consider new vegas underrated. Obsidian did a ver great work, this fall out is very near to fall out 1 or 2, more than fall out 3, thath is more like skyrim. Of course fall out 3 is a ver great game also.
    The dlc are greta also, but my favourite is old world blues.
  3. Feb 10, 2015
    So, I finally just got around to playing this; huge fan of the original Fallout, and avoided this for a bit because I heard it was buggy at launch. Really good game once you get into it; I think the faction system is cool, and adds a bit of depth to the original game, which is sort of binary-focused on karma. That said, there are times in the mid-game and overall where you sort of feelSo, I finally just got around to playing this; huge fan of the original Fallout, and avoided this for a bit because I heard it was buggy at launch. Really good game once you get into it; I think the faction system is cool, and adds a bit of depth to the original game, which is sort of binary-focused on karma. That said, there are times in the mid-game and overall where you sort of feel like the game doesn't in particular have an ending it wants to move you toward; not a bad thing per se, and probably a selling point for some, but I kind of liked the momentum Fallout 3 had around completing the main arc. Moreover, slightly prefer the world of the Capital Wasteland to the Mojave. Otherwise, pretty much every single change that Obsidian made to fine tune the game make it way, way better; so much so that I had a hard time going back to Fallout 3 and really enjoying it the same way. Everything's been tweaked to add depth you appreciate if you're familar with the deeper mechanics of the game; just feels like there's way more ways to improve and from more angles. The game sometimes feels like it lacked an extra four months of polish that Fallout 3 did get. I'm typing this review mainly for myself, because it's old and an acknowledged near-classic or improvement. Yay for me! And yay for post-apocalyptic simulation. And yay for dis-simulation in general. Good 'morrow! Expand
  4. Mar 18, 2012
    Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition is the first uncut release in Germany. I bought it on Steam and got absolutely no problems with crashing. Most of the bugs have been patched out, the few remaining are more funny than annoying. New Vegas's Gameplay is better than Fallout 3 GOTY, but the story and post-apocalyptic athmosphere not as good as in Fallout 3. Probably because of my WildFallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition is the first uncut release in Germany. I bought it on Steam and got absolutely no problems with crashing. Most of the bugs have been patched out, the few remaining are more funny than annoying. New Vegas's Gameplay is better than Fallout 3 GOTY, but the story and post-apocalyptic athmosphere not as good as in Fallout 3. Probably because of my Wild Wasteland perk :)

I have'nt played through all DLCs yet, only played Old World Blues so far, which is AWESOME.

If you want to play a sequel to Fallout 3, this is your game.
    I promise, you will have lots of fun playing.
  5. Nov 30, 2013
    This game is just great. I didnot liked Fallout 3 it did not had atmosphere like Fallout 1 and 2, but this game does. The story is very good and the choices and conclusion really matters. Way better than Fallout 3, great fun even on second play-through (4 endings).
  6. Jul 1, 2017
    This is Bethesda's Fallout games at its peak. They took all the elements they implemented into Fallout 3 and perfected the ideas. Having said that, the game is very glitchy ESPECIALLY save files, which can be corrupt very easily. Hundreds of hours wasted in an instant.
  7. Jul 21, 2014
    Fallout New Vegas is an excellent FPS/RPG in the Post-apocalyptic future with over a 100+ hours of gameplay and can be found at 19,99€ as low as 4,99€ on the steam sales and tons of mods available if your a fallout or RGP fan you would be mad not to buy it.
  8. Nov 19, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (1/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (1/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (0)

9. Nov 21, 2013
    Enjoyable game with a lot of explorable content. It did have issues with bugs and crashing(and still does) from time to time, though it has received quite an amount of patches and is running much better at the moment. It will have you entertained from the small town of Good springs, to the gem of the wasteland; the Hoover dam. I do reccoemnd getting the Ultimate version over the vanillaEnjoyable game with a lot of explorable content. It did have issues with bugs and crashing(and still does) from time to time, though it has received quite an amount of patches and is running much better at the moment. It will have you entertained from the small town of Good springs, to the gem of the wasteland; the Hoover dam. I do reccoemnd getting the Ultimate version over the vanilla game as it does increase it's longevity by a good couple of hours. Though still after a year, i cannot beat Dead Money for the life of me. Expand
  10. Apr 17, 2017
    C'est la seconde fois que je finis Fallout New Vegas (après une première fois sur 360 à sa sortie) et ce fut une joie de le refaire d'un bout à l'autre, ce qui est la marque des grands jeux de rôle. Très bien écrit avec notamment un aspect politique très affûté et des choix très cornéliens qui font penser à The Witcher 2 d'ailleurs. Le monde post-apocalyptique est mature et souvent cruelC'est la seconde fois que je finis Fallout New Vegas (après une première fois sur 360 à sa sortie) et ce fut une joie de le refaire d'un bout à l'autre, ce qui est la marque des grands jeux de rôle. Très bien écrit avec notamment un aspect politique très affûté et des choix très cornéliens qui font penser à The Witcher 2 d'ailleurs. Le monde post-apocalyptique est mature et souvent cruel (quoique pas autant que le jeu de rôle polonais certes) mais aussi crédible et vraisemblable ; l'ambiance Fallout inimitable et inégalée n'y est pas étrangère non plus.

Le combat au SVAV (initié dans Fallout 3 et intégralement repris) est un régal et l'un des meilleurs systèmes jamais conçus combinant parfaitement le dynamisme du temps réel et la tactique d'un combat pausé avec les points d'action d'un tour par tour. La quadrature du cercle en somme.

Dans cet Ultimate Edition, on a les 4 DLC inclus mais je ne m'y attarderai pas plus que ça : l'un est mauvais (Dead Money), deux sont simplement honnêtes (Lonesome Road et Honest Hearts) et le dernier est moyen voire carrément débile par moments (Old World Blues). Fallout New Vegas se suffit donc à lui-même et ses contenus additionnels sont dispensables.

Techniquement le jeu n'est pas vilain du tout en extérieur même s'il n'a pas évolué depuis Fallout 3 et tourne impeccablement si ce n'est un problème de micro-saccades (micro-stuttering si vous cherchez plus d'infos) qu'on remarque au pad 360 uniquement (la souris opérant des mouvement brutaux et saccadés, gomme le phénomène)... assez dommage, car l'interface au pad approche la perfection.

On peut résoudre ce problème en modifiant la ligne ifpsclamp à 60 au lieu de 0 dans le fallout.ini du dossier de sauvegarde (documents/mygames/falloutnv) et le fallout_default.ini du dossier d'installation (steam/steamapps/common/fallout new vegas) pour avoir un vrai 60 im/s. Seul petit souci en retour, le jeu se met à ralentir parfois (sa vitesse je le précise) quand le nombre de pnj est important dans certaines zones.

Enfin, concluons avec le sujet qui énerve : malgré ses immenses qualités, FNV est affecté par une quantité de bugs toujours aussi impressionnante malgré tous les patches : retours au bureau (une douzaine en pas loin de 100h), personnages coincés dans le décor, IA à la ramasse, marqueurs de quêtes à la rue et quêtes qui s'entrechoquent parfois très bizarrement (entre autres incohérences ici et là), surtout dans le final qui paye ici sa très grande complexité au niveau des choix proposés. Rien de rédhibitoire cela dit, l'expérience FNV reste excellente malgré tout !
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. CD-Action
    Mar 13, 2012
    I honestly recommend the Ultimate Edition to everyone who Skyrim still left hungry for questing. [April 2012, p.78]
  2. Mar 12, 2012
    As you can see Obsidian and Bethesda hook the player up right to give them a fighting chance at surviving the treachery of New Vegas. As a fan of RPGs and shooters, Fallout: New Vegas had a lot to offer me in the over 100 hours of exploring saving and destroying the various factions that are housed in the wasteland. I also thoroughly enjoyed the DLC, especially Old World Blues which despite its insanely long dialogue was a lot of fun and the experience and gear were totally worth the trip. I highly recommend picking up Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition for the PC as soon as you can.