Fallout: New Vegas PC

8.6

1. May 12, 2015
  2. Jul 22, 2011
    Alongside Mass Effect 2, I thought this was "the other" best game of 2010. Criticism that it resembled Fallout 3 didn't bother me too much, I recall Fallout 2 being a dead ringer for Fallout, albeit with the addition of some new gameplay mechanics, weapons, etc, which is exactly what this game is like, if anything though, F:NV is an improvement over F3, Mark Morgan's soundtrack andAlongside Mass Effect 2, I thought this was "the other" best game of 2010. Criticism that it resembled Fallout 3 didn't bother me too much, I recall Fallout 2 being a dead ringer for Fallout, albeit with the addition of some new gameplay mechanics, weapons, etc, which is exactly what this game is like, if anything though, F:NV is an improvement over F3, Mark Morgan's soundtrack and Hardcore Mode made me feel I was playing the original games again, enter severe nostalgia. I found F:NV incredibly hard to put down, absorbing and so bloody addictive (142 hours currently logged on Steam). Expand
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    Not quite as great as Fallout 3 but then that's because the setting of New Vegas is less interesting to me personally than the ruins of Washington DC. However, it has a fantastic storyline, some interesting refinements and the nice hardcore mode.
  4. Aug 3, 2014
    Excellent post-apocalyptic RPG! After disappointing Fallout 3, New Vegas is finally returning the Fallout series to top form of the original classics from the 90's. This is what F3 could have been in the first place, mostly thanks to the work of some of the original Fallout creators. You can really feel they respect and expand the Fallout universe and lore, getting back to some of theExcellent post-apocalyptic RPG! After disappointing Fallout 3, New Vegas is finally returning the Fallout series to top form of the original classics from the 90's. This is what F3 could have been in the first place, mostly thanks to the work of some of the original Fallout creators. You can really feel they respect and expand the Fallout universe and lore, getting back to some of the legends, characters and even using some of the masterpiece music by Mark Morgan, because they realize this ambient gem is the crucial reason why original Fallout series had such breathtaking post-apo atmosphere, so they bring some of it back. Inon Zur cannot compare to Mark Morgan, but at least you can turn on the in-game radio and listen to the retro or orchestral songs while wandering the Mojave desert, which was one of the highlights of my experience. At first, this might seem like a Fallout 3 v2.0 with a bit of a western influence and I wasn't even too keen on starting playing it after the meh feeling that Fallout 3 left me with, but I couldn't have been more wrong. It might start that way, but it's getting better and better as you progress. This is leagues better than F3 mostly thanks to the fantastic writing, engaging quests, really interesting characters and especially companions, all the different factions you can work for, important choice decisions you have to make and a huge immersive world that I didn't want to leave when I finished the game and that's the best thing you can get from a game. 10/10 Expand
  5. Feb 6, 2013
    I don not want to write a detailed review about it so to cut a long story short:FNW is much closer to the original F1 and F2 than Fallout 3. You can feel they really reached back to the roots and made a funny and enjoyable game to the fans.With thousand of MODs this game offers hundreds of hours of gameplay. This makes the "so-so" main story of the game acceptable. In summary: RecommendedI don not want to write a detailed review about it so to cut a long story short:FNW is much closer to the original F1 and F2 than Fallout 3. You can feel they really reached back to the roots and made a funny and enjoyable game to the fans.With thousand of MODs this game offers hundreds of hours of gameplay. This makes the "so-so" main story of the game acceptable. In summary: Recommended to everyone who likes the world of Fallout. Expand
  6. Oct 6, 2015
    It's not hard to get burned out of this game once the story is completed...three times. This game is quite replayable, but it is a much, much more better game than Fallout 3. It has the modifications for weapons, as well as the lovable characters. The story, although less dark, is more light-hearted and fun. The option to side with three factions was a proper good feature. This is, noIt's not hard to get burned out of this game once the story is completed...three times. This game is quite replayable, but it is a much, much more better game than Fallout 3. It has the modifications for weapons, as well as the lovable characters. The story, although less dark, is more light-hearted and fun. The option to side with three factions was a proper good feature. This is, no doubt, a wonderful game. Expand
  7. May 12, 2012
    If you haven't been diagnosed with ADD prior to playing Fallout New Vegas, you definitely will be after playing it. There are so many places to explore, people to talk to, and things to do that it's difficult not to get distracted. But the game remains fun even when you happen to run off on some wild goose chase because the story flows so seamlessly. It never feels like you are on someIf you haven't been diagnosed with ADD prior to playing Fallout New Vegas, you definitely will be after playing it. There are so many places to explore, people to talk to, and things to do that it's difficult not to get distracted. But the game remains fun even when you happen to run off on some wild goose chase because the story flows so seamlessly. It never feels like you are on some irrelevant side mission. I love the stress-free freedom to do what you want, when you want to do it.

The game left me in awe as to how intricate virtual worlds like this can be experienced in such stunning detail--definitely worth spending my time and energy. Its biggest disappointment is the inability to continue character development and exploration once the main quest is finished. You are forced to load an old save...
  8. Rem
    Dec 15, 2016
    Fallout: New Vegas grants players the freedom to tackle the world the way they wish and this is in no way a hyperbole. What many RPGs lack in actual player freedom, New Vegas offers in droves. While this absolute ambition eventually causes the game to chug in some areas and its overall stability, its other parts more than make up for what is the best Fallout game to be released.

Taking

Taking place in the Mojave desert, Obsidian does right by not continuing the story of Fallout 3, rather just having a new setting altogether with its own lore, mechanics, and factions. Speaking of factions, they are much more fleshed out and less clear cut as opposed to the black and white factions of The Enclave and The Brotherhood of Fallout 3. The NCR, Legion, Mr. House, and the Brotherhood are deeply interesting and have a vested interest in controlling the Strip where your character decides the fate of the Mojave.

Unlike Fallout 3, New Vegas's mechanics support any build you can think of rather than just the typical combat savvy wastelander. New Vegas also does right by having much more gray decisions as opposed to the farcically binary choices present in Bethesda's version of the Wasteland. In total, Fallout: New Vegas is a much closer vision to the originals while expanding upon them. The mechanics in addition are more RPG centric, meaning it is much easier to build a specific class. The inclusion of a survival mode further notions the post-apocalyptic feel to the universe that Fallout 3 couldn't achieve mechanically despite it being visually more representative of a post apocalypse.

The Mojave Wasteland, while not as bleak as the Capital Wasteland, is a much more appealing and mechanically sound area to explore with its design centered around funneling the main character to specific areas of interest should they choose to enact on it. The areas and vaults are much more enticing to explore this time around as they each have either a visual or lore based story to tell in addition to being cooler to look at. Your companions this time around are much more interesting with their own story and sidequest to accompany each of them while they can chime in on the main quest on hand. The main quest pits you as a courier who at first is looking for the man who shot and left you for dead at the beginning of the game but it eventually shifts to siding with one faction over who controls The Strip and eventually the Mojave Wasteland. It's well paced and filled with enough twists and turns that remain in theme with the Fallout name but its the freedom granted in how you tackle this quest that makes it so memorable.

Despite the praises New Vegas might accumulate, it has faulty aspects as well. For one, the ambition and freedom the game possesses leads to hiccups in the now outdated engine used in Fallout 3. Numerous glitches including broken quests, broken AI, and visual oddities to the point of needing a patch. Without mods, the game has a rough look resulting from the use of that same engine. When you finally reach the Strip you'd expect a lively area, but instead you get the feeling that a tumbleweed would eventually roll in.

Given these faults, Fallout: New Vegas more than earns the moniker of the "best" Fallout game since it sticks to what makes the Fallout name so great while expanding upon it with dark humor mixed with serious undertones wrapped in a game that gives player freedom in droves, something that many games who tout the same fail to deliver. Patrolling the Mojave doesn't make you wish for a nuclear winter, it gives you a damn good time.
  9. Jan 17, 2012
    Huge open world, much better than the original Fallout 3 in my opinion. The amount of mods available for this game is staggering, from graphical enhancements, to huge content packs. You could easily lose >50 hours in this game.
  10. Apr 2, 2016
    I personally haven't played any other Fallout game so far, and I know it's late to review this but Fallout: New Vegas is definitely a must-have for big fans of the RPG genre. The setting/theme of the game is okay, although it ain't too pressuring and hostile like other post-apocalyptic games, but it certainly delivered fine enough. The gameplay and its elements are immersive too, whichI personally haven't played any other Fallout game so far, and I know it's late to review this but Fallout: New Vegas is definitely a must-have for big fans of the RPG genre. The setting/theme of the game is okay, although it ain't too pressuring and hostile like other post-apocalyptic games, but it certainly delivered fine enough. The gameplay and its elements are immersive too, which adds up to the fascination of the game. I may have a bit of a complain about having a lack of action though, or maybe it's just in my good guy playthrough.

Nonetheless, add some mods and you'd be playing the game exactly just the way you want to.
  11. Dec 30, 2011
    New Vegas is an awesome game. The storyline is much improved over Fallout 3's, though the setting at times feels less 'post-apocalyptic' and more 'wild west with the occasional laser gun'. Modding/crafting is greatly improved and to me, it feels like there really is no useless skill. With the DLC expansions and a large and active modding community, you can easily sink a hundred hoursNew Vegas is an awesome game. The storyline is much improved over Fallout 3's, though the setting at times feels less 'post-apocalyptic' and more 'wild west with the occasional laser gun'. Modding/crafting is greatly improved and to me, it feels like there really is no useless skill. With the DLC expansions and a large and active modding community, you can easily sink a hundred hours into this game. My main complaint is that a Legion-oriented playthrough is significantly shorter than any other playthrough, and that there are still some annoying bugs present. Expand
  12. Sep 9, 2016
    GOTY of 2010. Despite the bugs at release. One of the best modern era RPGs, the closest thing we got for a Fallout 2 sequel. Severely underrated on metacritic, i suppose this was a conspiracy by Bethesda to lower the metacritic score under 85 in order to not pay Obsidian the bonus it deserved.

Sorry Bethesda, this was much better than Fallout 3, it was what Fallout 3 should have been. And no matter how much you manipulate "official" ratings, in the heart of the true fallout fans, new vegas is much superior to your effort. QQ more.

If you are into RPGs, give this a try, with its add ons. You won't regret it.
  13. May 17, 2011
    I liked it. Enjoyed it. Could have been much better though.

Giving it an 8 largely thanks to the modding community. Its a very good game and worth buying but has a few issues. This environment and game would lend itself well to being an open world experience and far less linear than the game really is just under the surface.
  14. Feb 13, 2012
    Underrated. I MUCH prefer this game to fallout 3. While fallout 3 came out the gate first, and that stands for a lot (vegas would never have been possible without fallout 3) I find vegas to be the better game - kind of like the younger, less handsome, but genius little brother. I don't think the argument "it's just a reskinned fallout 3" works on any level. This game is a very differentUnderrated. I MUCH prefer this game to fallout 3. While fallout 3 came out the gate first, and that stands for a lot (vegas would never have been possible without fallout 3) I find vegas to be the better game - kind of like the younger, less handsome, but genius little brother. I don't think the argument "it's just a reskinned fallout 3" works on any level. This game is a very different beast inside a familiar skin.

And yes, this game is very buggy. Moreso than skrim, oblivion, and fallout 3. However I had far too much immersion fun and memorable moments to let the crashes and glitches affect my play. Some people ditch a game when it locks up on them a few times. They have every right to have that stance, however that's the price you pay. And it's a price that reduces the score from 10/10 to 9/10. So not that much of a price.
  15. Oct 5, 2012
    I just dont get the insane claims that this game is that much better or worse that Fallout 3. Nor can I see that the 2 recent games are so bad or such an insult to the SACRED memories of Fallouts 1 & 2. This game is, like Fallout 3. And you can actually play either or both of them without the other game suffering for it. Its a glorious, huge wastelannd again, and unlike Skyrim, its full ofI just dont get the insane claims that this game is that much better or worse that Fallout 3. Nor can I see that the 2 recent games are so bad or such an insult to the SACRED memories of Fallouts 1 & 2. This game is, like Fallout 3. And you can actually play either or both of them without the other game suffering for it. Its a glorious, huge wastelannd again, and unlike Skyrim, its full of great writing, interesting NPCs and great plots and stories. The UI is great. Character progression is great. Itemisation is awesome. There are so many different, enjoyable skill sets, weapon load out and play options that this game can be repyed numreous times and enjoyed all the way. A MASTERPIECE. Up there witht the best games ever! Brilliant game design! Expand
  16. Jan 16, 2011
    A very impressive game, addicting too. There is alot of quests to do and the only flaw about this game is the travelling, it takes too long and there should be some vehicles or something to make you run alot faster. There isnt much of a storyline... You're meant to deliver a package but you get betrayed and shot in the head. You get revived by a doctor and you seek out revenge to killA very impressive game, addicting too. There is alot of quests to do and the only flaw about this game is the travelling, it takes too long and there should be some vehicles or something to make you run alot faster. There isnt much of a storyline... You're meant to deliver a package but you get betrayed and shot in the head. You get revived by a doctor and you seek out revenge to kill Benny (your killer) Expand
  17. May 2, 2011
    I like Fallout: NV. In my eyes, Bethesda redeemed itself from the previous Fallout: 3 title. More customization, more weapons, more places to explore. I like the faction system, and the faction related choices add much more RPG elements to this game than the previous title. This is the game that I've been waiting for since Fallout 2.
  18. Mar 10, 2013
    Better world and story than Fallout 3, but still carries over as many glitches and bugs. The day Bethesda can release a bug free game is they day they deserve a 10/10. Which has never happened, ever.
    This game should have been a 10/10. But the lame excuse that your game is too big to fully polish once again gets your game slapped down the few it could have had.
    Your ideas are genious,
    Your ideas are genious, Bethesda. But your follow through is balls.
  19. Mar 22, 2016
    I recently replayed New Vegas with several graphical and game improvement mods, what a blast! I will admit the story gets a bit confusing at times, several of the missions have many steps and are hard to follow, but the overall plot is fun and can go so many ways. There are tons of weapons and many cool spots to hang out, overall it's a neat adventure. I was a bit disappointed in much ofI recently replayed New Vegas with several graphical and game improvement mods, what a blast! I will admit the story gets a bit confusing at times, several of the missions have many steps and are hard to follow, but the overall plot is fun and can go so many ways. There are tons of weapons and many cool spots to hang out, overall it's a neat adventure. I was a bit disappointed in much of the DLC though, not worth it IMO. Expand
  20. Mar 8, 2012
    Posting review after playing 136 hours. ================ I am still far from completing the 3rd out of 4 DLCs for this game. =======Graphics are nearly the same as in Fallout 3, though I didn`t like the used colour palette.The game has this 2010 look, you can easily point out low res textures ; it has good sides and bad sides : like the beatiful sun effect and the bad texturing of NPCsPosting review after playing 136 hours. ================ I am still far from completing the 3rd out of 4 DLCs for this game. =======Graphics are nearly the same as in Fallout 3, though I didn`t like the used colour palette.The game has this 2010 look, you can easily point out low res textures ; it has good sides and bad sides : like the beatiful sun effect and the bad texturing of NPCs which look artificial. IMO the performance is subpar compared to other games with better graphics like the Crysis 2. You see slowdowns to 40fps and you do not know what causes it. Sometimes the terrain loading into memory is buggy. Overall doesn`t look very good, just ok.==============Gameplay is largely the same as in F3, but in F:NV has been enriched plenty. The crafting got a big boost. You can now make anything given if you have the right skills and ingredients. You can make many food, ammo, weapon,explosives, armor options. There has been a lot of weapons added, lots of them are very cool, with many available upgrades which actually change how they feel and play. Iron sight has been added, so the game crosshair is not needed anymore.There is so much of the stuff to gather that it is hard to grasp. The weapon and armor balance has been reworked, so now you can dispatch a heavily armored opponent with AP ammo fairly easily, while HP ammo is to be used on animals. There are up to four variants of ammo for almost every weapon available which is very impressive and enriches the gameplay tenfold.=============STORY. It is cool, not much better from F3 but ok I guess. You can now choose a fraction to ally with, but you can go on with yourself freely if you choose to do so. It is up to you. You have a few of important story variants. The quests are mostly interesting, not only kill or talk. Ther are many interesting locations, with interesting logs to hear and read. IMO the mood of the game is still succesfully postnuclear. Summing it up, playing doesn`t get boring , there is much incentive to keep going, exploring. The combat system in this game is still shallow to be honest.============DLCs are well worth the price and time spent. It gets stale at times, but the story of each dlc progresses at the right moment to keep being interesting. IMO the Honest Hearts dlc is by far the worst one but still ok.===========MUSIC is the same as in Fallout 2 wih some new tunes. To be honest I liked the idea because people added old F2 tunes to the game by themselves anyway.The melodies never get old and pose a great addition to the story. However, the radio from Pipboy is inferior to this from F3. ======OVERALL verdict - upgraded Fallout 3. Expand
  21. May 24, 2011
    It takes what Fallout 3 did so well and turns it up to 11. A larger map, better combat and more weapons, and a huge array of quests and factions await you in Fallout: New Vegas. Anyone who enjoyed Fallout 3 should pick this game up now. The engine is starting to show its age though, which is the only thing keeping me from giving this a higher score.
  22. Feb 11, 2011
    Better than Fallout 3 by miles. Almost every issue I had with the last game has been resolved. Crappy dialogue? Fixed. Boring Characters? Fixed. Uninspired story? Oh, it was fixed alright. What more, the hardcore mode definitely adds a layer of immersiveness that, while not really making the game any harder than before, gives it plenty of atmosphere. Now, I did say "Almost every issue"Better than Fallout 3 by miles. Almost every issue I had with the last game has been resolved. Crappy dialogue? Fixed. Boring Characters? Fixed. Uninspired story? Oh, it was fixed alright. What more, the hardcore mode definitely adds a layer of immersiveness that, while not really making the game any harder than before, gives it plenty of atmosphere. Now, I did say "Almost every issue" earlier. There is actually one thing that Obsidan (not Bethesda, they did not develop this) managed to do worse than Fallout 3. The game is buggy as hell. Even with the most recent patches, there are plenty of crashes, bugs, and straight up oddities lurking below this great game. I finished a playthrough of this game (not 100%) in 37 hours, not including time backtracked due to crashes. Expand
  23. May 31, 2012
    If at the end of fallout 3 you were like "MOAR" like most sane people, then you will want to get this, as it is a longer, better experience, albeit without the "new-appeal" of fallout 3, since it's the same in many respects, except with a longer, completely different and new world. It's equally good to fallout 3, but if you have played one or the other they are both quite the same.
  24. Aug 18, 2012
    [First Impressions] I notice that many people giving this game negative reviews all seem to be "bad graphics" this and "poor port" that, but let me just give my opinion of the game without referring to such trivial issues. First of all, New Vegas in NOT made my Bethesda, but was developed by Obsidian. From a FI perspective the game isn't much to write home about; the gameplay is virtually[First Impressions] I notice that many people giving this game negative reviews all seem to be "bad graphics" this and "poor port" that, but let me just give my opinion of the game without referring to such trivial issues. First of all, New Vegas in NOT made my Bethesda, but was developed by Obsidian. From a FI perspective the game isn't much to write home about; the gameplay is virtually unchanged save for new weapons and iron sight aiming and the quests are as fun as ever. The most significant difference is the reputation system which dictates how different factions and settlements will react to you. For example, doing favours for someone will increase your reputation with that settlement or doing vice versa will degrade your reputation. The system does produce interesting scenarios from a role-playing perspective but it means little to me as I'm more interested in the world and the quests. The game has a more distinct vibe to it than Fallout 3 despite the main story being uninteresting in comparison, the colourful Vegas looks quite spectacular from a distance. So from a first-impressions viewpoint, I like New Vegas. It still has plenty of interesting quests and I'll no doubt enjoy what the reputation system can offer but for some reason I can't get that interested in the setting. Expand
  25. Nov 27, 2014
    One word... Orgasmic! Everything good about has already been said so I'll just try to be brief. I played Fallout: NV on PC and since I had to option to mod it to the high heavens, well, why not? So I looked around and decided to play it with the Project Nevada Mod. Holy hell, the experience was fantastic. With the super dark nights, forcing me to use night vision or thermal after dark, theOne word... Orgasmic! Everything good about has already been said so I'll just try to be brief. I played Fallout: NV on PC and since I had to option to mod it to the high heavens, well, why not? So I looked around and decided to play it with the Project Nevada Mod. Holy hell, the experience was fantastic. With the super dark nights, forcing me to use night vision or thermal after dark, the game's immersion levels blew me away. The tons of new stuff and bug fixes from this mod are crazy. Thanks Modders! After more than 150 hours playing, I have to say, if you like post-apocalyptic open-world RPGs, it doesn't get any better than this. It's up there with S.T.A.L.K.E.R.S. Expand
  26. Aug 2, 2013
    Fallout new vegas if just one of those games that you will start playing at 5:00pm, then stop at 4:00am and wonder where the time went. It has an immersive story, a difficult and epic campaign, in a open-world sandbox, wonderful graphics, and that wonderful RPG feel that only fallout can pull off. A masterpeice.
  27. sft
    Dec 15, 2013
    Viva New Vegas!

Viva New Vegas!

I loved Fallout 3, and dedicated 170 hours to the GOTY edition. I was hoping for more of the same from FNV and it pretty much delivered. While much is the same there have been some changes. The graphics have apparently been improved, although I didn’t really notice any difference (it looks a bit creaky by today’s standards, but is better than some from the same period). But the main changes relate to gameplay. F3 managed a perfect balance between RPG and shooter. For me, FNV leans a little too far in favour of the role-playing elements. There’s less combat and what combat there is isn’t quite as much fun as it was in F3. Also the main story is less engaging, with emphasis placed on the alliances you forge with the various factions along the way. I enjoyed this aspect of the game but would’ve liked more meat on the main storyline. That having been said all the elements that made F3 so good are still here. The Mohave Desert is another huge open world waiting to be explored. There are numerous quests to be enjoyed, and all the immersive qualities are still there.

A quick note about bugs: F3 was a bit buggy but FNV takes the cake on this score. In the 120 hours I spent playing the game it must have crashed 50 times or more. Save games fail to load as do maps on occasion. I even had a couple of NPCs go missing, one of which was a quest-giver (a side quest luckily). So be forewarned: it can be frustrating at times.
  28. Oct 25, 2010
    PC has been patched up well so most of the negative reviews about this being too glitchy should be reconciled. Plain and simple, this is game is more Fallout 3. And by more I mean a LOT more. Not only is there a lot of content in this game, but the sidequests are really interesting and fun. The faction system is a small but quite potent addition but unfortunately the changes pretty muchPC has been patched up well so most of the negative reviews about this being too glitchy should be reconciled. Plain and simple, this is game is more Fallout 3. And by more I mean a LOT more. Not only is there a lot of content in this game, but the sidequests are really interesting and fun. The faction system is a small but quite potent addition but unfortunately the changes pretty much end there. Bioshock 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 were also very alarmingly similar to their predecessors thought so I guess there's not much to complain about. Point is, if you liked the original Fallout 3 and want more interesting sidequests to play, Fallout: New Vegas is something you cannot ignore. Expand
  29. Feb 24, 2015
    A lot of people think 'Fallout 3' is better than 'New Vegas', but I happen to disagree with this sentiment. To me 'Fallout 3' felt very unbalanced in terms of combat, and maybe I was just terrible at it, but enemies were way too difficult to kill at the beginning of the campaign, and it kept me from putting more than a few hours into it my first time around. On the other hand, playing 'NewA lot of people think 'Fallout 3' is better than 'New Vegas', but I happen to disagree with this sentiment. To me 'Fallout 3' felt very unbalanced in terms of combat, and maybe I was just terrible at it, but enemies were way too difficult to kill at the beginning of the campaign, and it kept me from putting more than a few hours into it my first time around. On the other hand, playing 'New Vegas' for the first time felt much more inviting in terms of the overall pace of the story, and I ended up putting almost thirty hours into it. Take that however you'd like, but my experience with 'New Vegas' was much more enjoyable than my time spent with 'Fallout 3'.

Now my overall feelings towards both of these games may be slightly biased as 'New Vegas' happened to be the first open world first person shooter that I sunk a significant amount of time into, but it just feels like a more polished, better game. This may also have something to do with the fantastic soundtrack that accompanies you along the way of the 'New Vegas' campaign. There's just something oddly entertaining about destroying robots while listening to songs from Dean Martin and the rest of the 'Rat Pack' that really puts me at ease.

In conclusion, if you’re looking for a game that you can spend almost thirty hours on before completing then look no further than 'Fallout: New Vegas'. Everyone knows that the Fallout games are amazing and this installation of the series is no different. The environment is fascinating, the characters are interesting, and the missions never get stale. Easily one of the best open world shooters to date, you're a damn fool if you don't pick this one up as soon as possible to sink your metaphorical teeth into as well. Well, what are you still doing here?
  30. Aug 2, 2012
    Absolutely amazing. I have 14 hours in this game in two days. TWO DAYS. I have never played any video game so much. I've never really bought other RPG games for PC but this completely wowed me. This game is so fun and you will just lose track of time in the real world. The only real problem i have is the bugs in the game which really take away from the whole experience.
  31. Aug 26, 2011
    Fallout New Vegas is an FPSRPG open world from Fallout 3 developer Obsidian. Even though it crashes constantly while you play its realistic immersive and pure fun. You are a courier that gets shot in the head for the item that your delivering. You then have to track down the men who shot you and take on various side quests through a post apocalyptic wasteland. You feel so good getting allFallout New Vegas is an FPSRPG open world from Fallout 3 developer Obsidian. Even though it crashes constantly while you play its realistic immersive and pure fun. You are a courier that gets shot in the head for the item that your delivering. You then have to track down the men who shot you and take on various side quests through a post apocalyptic wasteland. You feel so good getting all these different perks and skills to enhance the experience such as wild wasteland if your feeling particularly wacky. The gunplay is solid and you can choose to talk sneak or fight your way in to various places. You can make friends with certain gangs or just blow everyone to pieces. It looks and sounds amazing and I personally think it was one of the best games of 2010. Overall Fallout New Vegas provides a fun experience and I will be playing it for years to come. I'll Give it 9
    This review is on my blog where you can soon find a walkthrough on at url http://maximalistgtg.blogspot.com/2011/08/fallout-new-vegas.html
  32. Nov 18, 2014
    I really like a good RPG, what I define as good is everything that Fallout New Vegas has.

A lengthy game 100 hours plus to complete everything including all achievements. A great big massive open world to explore that feels alive with seemingly endless quests. Gripping story that keeps you playing. Interesting and varied NPC's. Choices to make that can be very hard to decide,

Gripping story that keeps you playing.
    Interesting and varied NPC's.
    Choices to make that can be very hard to decide, especially since you aren't sure of the outcome, will make you wonder, should I have made that choice??

Very customisable, can play the way you want. I love being a sneaky kleptomaniac sniper that picks off enemies from afar and steals everything.

Enjoy having companions, my fave being the eyebot who plays battle/victory music.

The only things I dislike is that getting bad karma when stealing doesn't seem to do anything.
    I've sneakily stolen everything I can, but did quests to help out the towns and still end up idolised. I guess my good deeds outweigh my bad.

Weapons and armour deteriorate too fast, making me think that ppl in Mojave don't know how to make quality weapons, but at least I can make my own weapon repair kits, so not too much of a problem.

Game suffers from occasional crashing, freezing and game not loading on first try and area not loading after fast travel.

This is a must play game and I strongly recommend it.
  33. Nov 12, 2013
    Quick summary: A very good game that can be great if you can overlook some of it's flaws, probably most open-worlded game aside from TES games. You might not like the game's not-very-serious approach and poor level design. Focus was put on RPG part of the game rather than the Action part. Heavily modable which is a great asset. For the current price it is worth it.

New Vegas is a worthy

New Vegas is a worthy sequel to Fallout 3, a game with it's own unique feel like no other game. The problem is do you like this particular feel For a post-apocalyptic themed game New Vegas is a very lively place. Everywhere you go you find a new location, meet a new NPC or fight new enemies. It almost feels like an atomic war never happened except for burned out ruins covering the land and Geiger counter ticking from time to time. The unique feels largely come from the fact that in this alternate world, when the atomic war happened the world culturally was in the 50s (although technology was much more advanced), and this lead to creation of a strange setting to say at least, full of tremendously absurd and bizarre stuff.
    I personally do not like this light-hearted approach and would prefer a more serious approach to the post-apo topic, with a darker and heavier atmosphere (think Metro 2033).

The game offers you a vast world and almost total freedom. You are free to shoot anyone you like, make friends and enemies as you see fit, go anywhere and take anything you want and the world will react to your actions. While this is sounds and definitely is cool, the obvious issue this brought up is the world feeling kinda plastic, not often reacting to your character's actions like it should, which is why you will find yourself sticking to some pre-defined paths more often than not, just to avoid breaking immersion, although if you played F3 you will find here a great improvement over that title.

The Action part of this Action-RPG is not very good. Enemies are mostly braindead, rushing you with meele weapons or just standing in plain sight shooting you. Cover system is non-existant at all. Guns and weapons in general do very little damage decereasing the immersion further it's just not immersive when you have to shoot someone wearing casual clothes 10 times in the chest to kill him.

Here we come to probably the greatest problem of this game, which is the difficulty level.
    Even played on very hard the game is just not hard, there isn't any challenge awaiting for you. You faceroll absolutely everything, being a one man army even if you do not pick combat skills, even at lowest levels. It's funny when a squad professional soldiers armed to the teeth warn you to stay away from a certain place because it is full of bandits and they are waiting for reinforcements to take them out, while you can just walk in there on level 1 and stomp them even on very hard of course after you get out they react like nothing has happened, making the world feel shallow and plastic.

Levels are designed terribly, with reused assets everywhere, repeatable locations and cut into cells so small it's often laughable. I know this game is a bit old, but still you see the obnoxious loading screen way too often while travelling through Mojave. If you want to snipe enemies from distance or storm a building full of raiders you can't because the world is basically made of hundreds/thousands of tiny cells, each building floor (sometimes even single rooms) being separated with a loading screen. Wonderful !

The GOOD THING about Fallout:NV is the massive amount of content. There are so many quests and dialogues in this game, so many types of guns, enemies etc. that you won't be bored quickly. There are many ways to solve each quest and obstacle, adding replayability as you can't spec into everything in one game unless you cheat. And there are mods that add even more !

Overall I give this game a good 7/10, spent a good chunk of time in this world, I'm just not into this crazy wacky theme Fallout games have, and this game had many other issues but it was still fun for a long while.
    Recommended for Fallout veterans, RPG fans, not really for FPS fans or people who like serious approach.
  34. Jun 3, 2014
    Excellent game, just as good as Fallout 3, this is a real good game, unlike other overrated pieces of trash.
    This game deserve every point, since it's awesome graphics and fluid gameplay, to it's very interesting storyline, i recommend this game without a doubt, just an amazing contribution to the entire pc library. The perfect mixture between rpg and fps genres, very nice characters, and a good combat style, not repetitive at all and very funny to enjoy in your pc.
  35. Oct 18, 2013
    I enjoyed this but not as much as Fallout 3. It’s fun, immersive, interesting story, and very well made overall but if you’ve played Fallout 3 it feels like more of the same so it’s missing that “new” factor. Also, I do not like how they nerfed the VATS system. Killing baddies with VATS in F3 never got old for me and I miss all the gratuitous slo-mo deaths. You have to treat New Vegas aI enjoyed this but not as much as Fallout 3. It’s fun, immersive, interesting story, and very well made overall but if you’ve played Fallout 3 it feels like more of the same so it’s missing that “new” factor. Also, I do not like how they nerfed the VATS system. Killing baddies with VATS in F3 never got old for me and I miss all the gratuitous slo-mo deaths. You have to treat New Vegas a lot more like a standard FPS since there is no perk to instantly refill your AP after making a kill and VATS is generally much less useful besides.

Aside from those two points, though, excellent game.
  36. Oct 14, 2013
    All I can say about this game right off the bat, is that it is right up there with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as one of the greatest video games I have ever played. While most critics would like to disagree with me, I actually like this game better than Fallout 3. Fallout 3 was a pretty fun game, however, there was just so much more to this game that made me love it just a little more.All I can say about this game right off the bat, is that it is right up there with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim as one of the greatest video games I have ever played. While most critics would like to disagree with me, I actually like this game better than Fallout 3. Fallout 3 was a pretty fun game, however, there was just so much more to this game that made me love it just a little more. At first, I was not too sure about the idea behind this game. I felt like Obsidian Entertainment was taking the Call of Duty approach with this game (Making the game on the exact same engine, little to no improvements to it whatsoever). However, when I finally bought this game on my PC, my concerns were put to rest when I realized that this game was actually very different from Fallout 3. The engine was not improved at all, however, the gameplay has changed in some very good ways. It still retains the action RPG gameplay of Fallout 3, but this time around, there is much more to it. Now, you have to pick perks every two levels instead of picking one every level. Shooter fanboys will also be happy to know that you can now fire down-sights for more accuracy. Guns are also much more accurate now than they were in Fallout 3. In Fallout 3, you had to hold down the aim button for greater accuracy. Now, doing this is no longer necessary, as the guns are all accurate without it. Also, the karma system from Fallout 3 has been changed into a reputation system. Reputation depicts how certain factions and towns like you, while others dislike you. This is a very good system, and I wish it was done more often in other games, as it allows people of one town to worship you, while people in another want nothing more than to see you dead. Other than these features, the gameplay is not all that different from that of Fallout 3, however, that's a good thing, as Fallout 3's gameplay was fantastic. It still has Fallout 3's RPG mixed with shooter gameplay, which is enough to really make this game enjoyable. The graphics of this game are also excellent. They do not really improve much from Fallout 3, however, they are still quite good on their own right. Fallout 3 did manage to get the feel for the post-apocalyptic world better, but I think Fallout New Vegas is actually the better looking game. It just feels so much more alive than Fallout 3. Fallout 3 was barren, while Fallout New Vegas is exciting. The story of this game, while not as good as Fallout 3, is still good on its own right. Fallout 3's story was much more original than this game's. New Vegas' story is pretty much the stereotypical story of "someone tried to kill you, and it is up to you to find out who he is, and what he's after,". Cliched? Yes. Bad? Absolutely not! The story of New Vegas is actually done quite well, it just isn't Fallout 3's story. Still though, I do like how this game's story has much more to do with Fallout 1 and 2 than Fallout 3 did. After all, Fallout 3 was set in Washington D.C., while all of the others were set out West. Another thing that's awesome about this game's story is that you have much more control over how the game ends, through both reputation, and how you handle the game's quests. You can choose one of four paths in this game (for the main quest), and all four are generally enjoyable to play through. It also shows the endings of all the other minor factions you chose to either help or destroy during the course of the game. I also like how this game just ends, and does not let you go back after beating the game. Most people did not like this, but I actually did. I thought it was a thoroughly enjoyable way for your game to just end. Still though, there are a few problems with this game. For one, there are a lot of bugs in this game. They are nothing to bad however, just minor hiccups here and there. Also however, I did have a bit of a mixed reaction towards the game's DLC's. I liked two of them (Honest Hearts, Lonesome Road), was not so sure about one (Old World Blues), and completely disliked the last one (Dead Money). These DLCs do not affect my opinion on this game as a whole however. Overall, this game is a truly fantastic game. Its story may not be Fallout 3, but it does beat it in terms of both gameplay and graphics. This game really is what Fallout 3 would have been if the original developer had stayed in business. Expand
  37. Dec 4, 2011
    Fallout NV is noticeably better than fallout 3. This game is actually more like the original Fallout 2 and really true to the lore in first 2 games. I bought it recently so most bugs are already fixed and the crashes and freezes does not occur frequently. So those technical problems did not bother me. The atmosphere is pretty much the same as Fallout 3 which is not bad, and the graphicsFallout NV is noticeably better than fallout 3. This game is actually more like the original Fallout 2 and really true to the lore in first 2 games. I bought it recently so most bugs are already fixed and the crashes and freezes does not occur frequently. So those technical problems did not bother me. The atmosphere is pretty much the same as Fallout 3 which is not bad, and the graphics look prettier and more colorful. Details in the weapons are very well done and weapon mods allow more in-depth gameplay. The game's difficulties are still easy even on very hard though I have not tried hardcore mode yet. The main plot line is very well done and I thoroughly enjoyed it for 60 hours. The story starts boring but eventually is built up to something great. There are a couple of factions that you can interact with during the main quest line and your decisions will alter the outcomes through the whole story. Obsidian really put their deep role playing game making experience again into fallout universe to make a worthy sequel to fallout 2 (do you think New Vegas is somehow similar to New Reno in Fallout 2? ). If you are a fan since fallout this game is a must have. if you like fallout 3, NV's overall style is the same so still a good buy. Expand
  38. Jul 9, 2016
    This is my absolute favourite game. It's amazing and immersive which makes you feel like a part of the game. Your choices will change how people and factions see you. Just wish Fallout 4 were more like this. 10 out of 10.
  39. Apr 28, 2013
    After FO3 I was hesitant to grab this. FO3 felt so bland and never pulled me into the world. New Vegas on the other hand feels much more like the original 2. Massive map with tons of areas to explore, more quests, everything feels more alive, and imo better written. Would love to give it a 10 but the annoying bugs totally prevent that. Falloutwikia has work arounds for bugs which fixedAfter FO3 I was hesitant to grab this. FO3 felt so bland and never pulled me into the world. New Vegas on the other hand feels much more like the original 2. Massive map with tons of areas to explore, more quests, everything feels more alive, and imo better written. Would love to give it a 10 but the annoying bugs totally prevent that. Falloutwikia has work arounds for bugs which fixed pretty much everything I encountered. And for those of you that hate FPS/over the shoulder shooters there's an amazing 3rd person view mod that allows you to zoom out to WoWish distances. Shooting is a bit harder but if you're using VATS it doesn't matter. Worth grabbing if you didn't really enjoy FO3 as it is different. Expand
  40. Jul 7, 2012
    Fallout New Vegas is a great RPG game. The game is set in a post-apocalyptic Las Vegas. After being shot in the head, and dug up from a grave by a robot you set out to find the people that tried to kill you and stole something you were suppose to deliver. Factions are fighting for the Mojave Wasteland, and you decide which ones you want to join, or you can go your own way. There is much toFallout New Vegas is a great RPG game. The game is set in a post-apocalyptic Las Vegas. After being shot in the head, and dug up from a grave by a robot you set out to find the people that tried to kill you and stole something you were suppose to deliver. Factions are fighting for the Mojave Wasteland, and you decide which ones you want to join, or you can go your own way. There is much to explore and so many decisions to make. There are many weapons and armors to obtain. The game has so much content, you can spend hours playing it and not getting tired of it. Expand
  41. Jun 24, 2014
    This is the review of someone who never played Fallout before, and who sucks at aiming.

Fallout New Vegas is very addictive and has his proper post-apocalyptic atmosphere. The storyline is close to perfection, and you can change the future by making multiple choices, at multiple times, which is an awesome feature in the game. The combat system may seem a bit strange, but you get used

The combat system may seem a bit strange, but you get used to it pretty fast, and you can always lower the difficulty if you're stuck on a mission.

The only negative point is the lack of NPC's. You sometimes find yourself fighting for a "city" containing 5 citizens, one of them you just had to kill, which is ruining the immersion, even if it's post-apocalyptic.

Conclusion : Very nice universe, good storyline, 8/10 !
  42. Sep 29, 2015
    EASILY One of the 5 Greatest video game that I have ever played. From the amazing quest lines which allow you to play one of three major sides, the incredible flexibility of the game engine to mod it to create 100's of different gaming experiences , Fallout New Vegas was the Game of the Year of 2010, created by Obsidian Studios for Bethesda Softworks.
  43. Dec 9, 2011
    There are just so many ways to customize your character and keep things fresh. Very replayable game. I'm always finding new secrets and ways to make things more convenient for each type of character. I've probably played through this game 10 times or so, and I've maxed 2 characters out. It really means something coming from someone who normally hates this type of game. After the mess thatThere are just so many ways to customize your character and keep things fresh. Very replayable game. I'm always finding new secrets and ways to make things more convenient for each type of character. I've probably played through this game 10 times or so, and I've maxed 2 characters out. It really means something coming from someone who normally hates this type of game. After the mess that was Fallout 3, Obsidian showed Bethesda how it was done. Expand
  44. Dec 26, 2011
    Awesome game. Fallout 3 with many more option and differents option for the story and the quests. For a quest give you 3 option, then these 3 option take 3 different ways! You can be whatever you want to me in this game. First i bought the game on console on full price, but it was unplayable for many console only problems. Then on Steam i got it at 6â
  45. Sep 27, 2015
    Its on of the last real open world games where players really have a choice, where players really have the feeling to explore, where players really have tons of different items and weapons.

Its superior to all this new age **** "open-world" games like Farcry or Mad Max where players have no choice, no exploring, items and weapons you can count at one hand.. lets just hope Bethesda

lets just hope Bethesda don't make the first step to ruin the last real game of this kind with F4
  46. Dec 1, 2015
    Masterpiece
    Epic
    Awesome
    amazing game . .
  47. Dec 26, 2010
    Great game. The first time through it the differences from Fallout 3 might bug you, but you really can't go back after beating it. The guns are better, damage threshold is a better system than just DR, companions are way better, there are enemies close to as scary as deathclaws (possibly even more deadly, stupid cazadores), and there's much less of a black and white "you're either veryGreat game. The first time through it the differences from Fallout 3 might bug you, but you really can't go back after beating it. The guns are better, damage threshold is a better system than just DR, companions are way better, there are enemies close to as scary as deathclaws (possibly even more deadly, stupid cazadores), and there's much less of a black and white "you're either very good or very evil" system about it. You get fewer skills and perks, but skills were retardedly easy to max out in fallout 3 anyway and you can skip over a bunch of perks in New Vegas since VATS perks aren't mandatory anymore. Overall its a nice step forward. Expand
  48. Sep 15, 2016
    Esse é o melhor Fallout depois que a série saiu do 2D e foi para o 3D, Obsidian realmente acertou o RPG nesse jogo, muito bom mesmo, até hoje na espera de um novo fallout da Obsidian.
  49. Jul 2, 2011
    Utterly amazing game, if you expected Obsidian to re-invent the wheel that was Fallout 3 you will be sadly dissapointed. Despite this they have managed to tweak the games mostly for the better but at it's core it's just more Fallout 3, and when you consider what a brilliant game that was it's not necesarily a bad thing.

However seeing how it essentially the same game with a differant

However seeing how it essentially the same game with a differant story I urge you to pick up Fallout 3 if you are new to the series as it can be found in stores or online for about half the price.
  50. Dec 1, 2010
    First off, most people giving this bad business blame it on the bugs, and also sway towards fallout 3. Fallout 3 is a very different game from new vegas, except for the lovley pip boy and the VATS targeting system. In fallout 3, it is a broken ruin of a once superpower. Brought down by greed. Edging for survival. In new vegas, its far more oriented towards the rebirth of society. 2 hundredFirst off, most people giving this bad business blame it on the bugs, and also sway towards fallout 3. Fallout 3 is a very different game from new vegas, except for the lovley pip boy and the VATS targeting system. In fallout 3, it is a broken ruin of a once superpower. Brought down by greed. Edging for survival. In new vegas, its far more oriented towards the rebirth of society. 2 hundred years after the bombs fell. People emerging, forming new empires. And they clash and cause chaos. I will admit that the bugs are a miserable thing to live with. (On the first few days of release) after the patches, its fine. Ive got a 9800 Nvidia GT. graphics card, and an amd anthlon 64 3500+ processor, with 3.5 gigabytes of DDR ONE ram, with 200 mghz speed. Windows 7, I get 45 FPS. (Horrible spec's, but if I can get that, you can too!) Anyway, the game is lovingly funny, just a drab landscape. Gameplay is relatively fun. The kiting just got on my nerves. Dozens of hours worth of playtime, I played fallout 3 for 300 hours, with all DLC. very fun. New vegas however, being a little smaller but with better gameplay mechanics balances out everything that fallout3 had flaws with. Except perhaps the drab environment. (What more can you expect? ITS A NUCLEAR WASTELAND) if you are one for RPG with a bit of time on your hands, I would reccomend this over fallout 3. Dont get me wrong, fallout 3 is also an amazing game, they are both very worth the money. The only thing that pisses me off is the invisible game walls!!!!!!! THEY BLOCK OFF HALF THE MAP. Oh well. Expand
  51. Jul 9, 2014
    Making decent sequels for successful games isn't easy. Sequel should pay some kind of respect to original game, but also offer new content and be self-contained enough to not feel like bunch of recycled ideas. New vegas manages to find this balance nicely. Basically you get more of the same Fallout goodness and it still feels fresh enough to keep you interested.

New feature worth

New feature worth mentioning is the faction system, where you gain reputation (good, bad or mixed) based on your actions. Different groups will react differently to you, based on your past actions towards them. Every group will also have their own conflicting agendas and it can be hard to try please them all. I think the system worked quite nicely and added some depth to the game and character interactions.

Only major shortcoming are the DLCs which pretty much suck. I guess 'Old world blues' was near decent, but interrupting the main plot for ~10 hours to do something completely unrelated just didn't work for me. Also honorable mention to 'Lonesome road' which was boring as hell, but at least you could quit playing it without completing the whole DLC.
  52. Feb 25, 2015
    Fallout: New Vegas is far more advanced than its predecessor, more difficult, more items, more characters and more everything. The story however, is slightly inferior than that of Fallout 3's story, with less emotion and lack of explanations. You're pretty much killed then 'revived' and you go on a rampaging killing-spree in search of your killer for revenge! Just like Fallout 3 (withoutFallout: New Vegas is far more advanced than its predecessor, more difficult, more items, more characters and more everything. The story however, is slightly inferior than that of Fallout 3's story, with less emotion and lack of explanations. You're pretty much killed then 'revived' and you go on a rampaging killing-spree in search of your killer for revenge! Just like Fallout 3 (without Broken Steel), you cannot play after the final mission which is extremely disappointing and underwhelming. The DLC's definitely improve and are far better than Fallout 3's notoriously short and linear DLC's.

TL;DR if you prefer a more advanced game with more content than its predecessor that has a superior storyline, you will certainly enjoy this game. If you prefer having more reasoning and explanation and overall better plot, you will prefer Fallout 3 to this game.
  53. Apr 8, 2016
    Fallout: New Vegas is an excellent RPG and more true to the originals than Fallout 3. Obsidian did a great job writing exhiliarating dialogues, great quests, and a thrilling (though simple) story. Factions matter for once and are to some extent responsive and mutually exclusive. Your actions and decisions can reshape the wasteland, it's new settlements and politics. Choice and consequenceFallout: New Vegas is an excellent RPG and more true to the originals than Fallout 3. Obsidian did a great job writing exhiliarating dialogues, great quests, and a thrilling (though simple) story. Factions matter for once and are to some extent responsive and mutually exclusive. Your actions and decisions can reshape the wasteland, it's new settlements and politics. Choice and consequence are very present and at the end of the game, you are shown the results of your actions in a slideshow like with Fallout and Fallout 2.

There are often different ways in which to tackle certain quests and the ones open to you will depend on the build and development of your character.

Fallout: New Vegas has a wide range of interesting weapons and futures iron sights, as opposed to fallout 3. The desert/vegas setting is very fun and interesting. Music choice and DJ is very good (though the only point at which fallout 3 was better).

I ended up putting over 200 hours playtime into and unlocked all achievements, just because it was fun. Real score 9.2/10.
  54. Jul 30, 2011
    Being my first Fallout game, this game truly took me by surprise. I played and finished Oblivion right before this and New Vegas truly kicked me off the stool. I went back to Fallout 3 (am currently playing it) after playing NV and the changes made by Obsidian was very well thought-out and I had a much better experience and immersion with NV than F3. Wonderful game.
  55. May 10, 2012
    This is an excellent game and falls back onto the original fallout roots but if you compare this game to Fallout 3, you will be disappointed. Your character isn't somebody you build up and the game uses the lazy Amnesia plot formula. My favorite part of this game is the politics. The symbolism the NCR, Caesars Legion and New Vegas gives us relates to modern politics in every detail. CombatThis is an excellent game and falls back onto the original fallout roots but if you compare this game to Fallout 3, you will be disappointed. Your character isn't somebody you build up and the game uses the lazy Amnesia plot formula. My favorite part of this game is the politics. The symbolism the NCR, Caesars Legion and New Vegas gives us relates to modern politics in every detail. Combat is identical to Fallout 3 and it uses the same formula.
  56. Apr 26, 2011
    Kick a** period.
    Ya well i'd rather play an awesome game that is so involved it had a few bugs then a mediocr game that ran great.
    People say " It more of Fallout 3" like thats a bad thing.. ya it plays closely the same but the depth of the quests / land/ NPC's you name it is all done really well. If you liked 3 your gonna love this. Hats off to creators I've been gaming since 82
    Kick a** period.
    If you liked 3 your gonna love this.
    Hats off to creators I've been gaming since 82 and played the entire Fallout series and grown/changed with it and loved its progression all the way. 10/10 in my book. But5 i dont whine and moan over a few patches being needed for a monster size game that has such a massive way for each player to progress through.. you could not have possibly Beta tested this and caught it all. where i work we have a CND "cannot duplicate" code for things we had never seen and could not repeat but other people could.. big deal.. you guys support your work and make corrections what the hell else are you suppose to do. Thanks for making this KA game.
  57. Apr 3, 2012
    Not sure where to begin. I've spent many hours of my life paying this game (lol), but for those who haven't played it yet I'll do my best to introduce it in a concise manner. Before you play it though, I strongly recommend playing through Fallout 3 first. There is a learning curve to F:NV even after playing Fallout 3 and its DLCs in their entirety. New Vegas adds many new gameplayNot sure where to begin. I've spent many hours of my life paying this game (lol), but for those who haven't played it yet I'll do my best to introduce it in a concise manner. Before you play it though, I strongly recommend playing through Fallout 3 first. There is a learning curve to F:NV even after playing Fallout 3 and its DLCs in their entirety. New Vegas adds many new gameplay elements, such as the Companion Wheel (makes it easier to interact with Followers), "iron sights" for aiming weapons, more organized factions and the Reputation system (represents the player's relationship with factions in the game), reloading benches (for crafting ammo), a **** of new weapons, a reorganization of Skill types (Big Guns skill is dropped, Survival skill, which affects food and clothing recipes and their benefits, is introduced), and Skill level requirements for weapons. Like the post-apocalypse Washington D.C. area in Fallout 3, there are real-world locations in the Nevada/Mojave region. My overall suggestion for this game: Play it, but make sure you've played through Fallout 3 first. Expand
  58. Aug 5, 2013
    Although not as good as F3, New Vegas does come through in the end and make for a thrilling experience, it does everything just as good as F3 except for the story, which was lackluster, since the story didn't really blow my mind away, it gets 2 points less than F3.
  59. Dec 17, 2014
    After finishing the game 4 times with 4 different characters and having seen 4 different endings I have this to say.Fallout New Vegas is a good role playing game.I didn't liked the expansions but the core game had an interesting story and choices.Nice guns,nice feeling,almost no bugs.What is not to like?I would give it a nine but because of the hatters I am forced to give it a ten.
  60. BMF
    Oct 25, 2010
    When I first picked up new vegas I was a little worried that it might be a smaller version of fallout 3 but it turned out new vegas was a huge new post apocalyptic world to explore that even the buggy Gamebryo engine couldnt bring down. Modders have already released a large amount of mods for new vegas and more are pouring in so im sure I will be adding to the 50 or so hours it took toWhen I first picked up new vegas I was a little worried that it might be a smaller version of fallout 3 but it turned out new vegas was a huge new post apocalyptic world to explore that even the buggy Gamebryo engine couldnt bring down. Modders have already released a large amount of mods for new vegas and more are pouring in so im sure I will be adding to the 50 or so hours it took to beat the game the first time. Fallout new vegas is truely diserving of the Fallout name and I look forward to seeing where the series goes next. Expand
  61. Nov 27, 2015
    Long and rewarding game with twisted plots, superb NPC characters and original storyline but everything throw on top of horrible graphics with not atmospheric engine from Bethesda. Few voice actors through many of npcs doesn't help either. No atmosphere from Fallout 2 left but i have to admit i was surprised in few places which gave me the creeps like in som survival horror game. GameLong and rewarding game with twisted plots, superb NPC characters and original storyline but everything throw on top of horrible graphics with not atmospheric engine from Bethesda. Few voice actors through many of npcs doesn't help either. No atmosphere from Fallout 2 left but i have to admit i was surprised in few places which gave me the creeps like in som survival horror game. Game become boring after some time but until then sucks you in completely. Much better than Fallout 3. Expand
  62. May 29, 2014
    The best thing Bethesda ever did was admit their failures and let someone more competent make a REAL Fallout game. Thank you, Bethesda, I imagine it wasn't to admit to yourselves after you realized how hard it was to make FO3 and to still see it amount to nothing more than a bland mess, but you see, this is why we have professional game designers!

These wonderful people fill our games

These wonderful people fill our games with neat things like choice and consequence, character traits and abilities that matter, quest design with branching paths, intelligent world building, (no one's living on top of a bomb here, folks!) and all that stuff that seems to be a complete mystery to you guys over at Bethesda! But truly, I must thank you, for the world is a better place thanks to your tough decision to admit your failures, because Fallout New Vegas is the best RPG of the modern generation, and has done a nice job of reminding us that Fallout games actually used to be pretty fun and my gosh, interesting!

If I had to say it has one major flaw it is the terrible engine you guys created that it runs on, because, like your game design/writing/world building/balance, it's complete and total garbage.

So, once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart, Bethesda, for letting real game designers create this game for us.
  63. Jun 24, 2011
    Not since the original Baldur's Gate has a CRPG combined a strong storyline with free-form exploration so well. Beautifully realised setting, loads of things to find, four different endings and "Yes Man" -- one of the best characters in a CRPG. I wish I had time to play this again! Make sure you install the patches; the release build was pretty buggy.
  64. Nov 19, 2015
    Not without its technical issues and kind of dated by now, but still: It's a great RPG overall package with an extremely high replayability value, interesting and diverse factions/characters/locations/quests, an immersive hardcore mode (need to eat, drink, sleep, visit doctor or use a doctor' s bag when a limb is crippled instead of simply using a Stimpak) and a lot of different weaponsNot without its technical issues and kind of dated by now, but still: It's a great RPG overall package with an extremely high replayability value, interesting and diverse factions/characters/locations/quests, an immersive hardcore mode (need to eat, drink, sleep, visit doctor or use a doctor' s bag when a limb is crippled instead of simply using a Stimpak) and a lot of different weapons and armors to choose from.

In contrast to Fallout 4 (Exploration FPS), the original RPG franchise ended with this installment.
  65. May 16, 2013
    New Vegas stands for something I did not think is possible to achieve these days. It is an RPG with living, breathing world, where consequences of your actions can leave marks at seemingly unconnected places, it is filled with deep characters one can remember.

It is what the old Fallout games are, in the constraints of Fallout 3 system. And so while we still have to put up with the terrible pipboy inventory and sort of weird combat system, most of the game has the spirit of Fallout smeared all over it and I really just could not believe I play such complex, sprawling, content-filled RPG in 2010. Even with all the bugs (which I admit there are many and can be often annoying) and aging graphics I have absolutely no idea what kind of primitive retard could prefer Fallout 3 over this. Unless of course you're in for shooting with stats and hate when NPCs talk too much. In which case fck you.
  66. Aug 8, 2013
    I just picked up FNV ultimate on summer sale, and my my, what a great game. I always liked Obsidian games; despite being buggy and having other issues, they are known for their great story and characters. However, in my opinion, FNV surpassed a lot of Obsidian games in that department.

Simply put, FNV offers both quantity and quality. The quantity of high quality content in the game is unbelieveable. My first character has gone over 60 hours in the game, and is nowhere near done. Still quest lines are of very high quality. Most games are either shorter (like Witcher 2) or much of the content are of lower quality (Skyrim), I have never seen a game that offers both quantity and quality like this.

Also, the difficult choices in this game can almost make games like Dragon Age Origins pale in comparison. Characters are of high quality as well.

Downside is that it is a buggy game. However, I heard it is not much more buggy than Fallout 3.

The combat also feels clunky if you are accustomed to games like CoD or at least Skyrim; but once I get used to this RPG/Shooter hybrid system I feel the combat is okay.

Overall a great game that I feel deserves a 10. Surely it's got problems, but for such great quantity of high quality content, it deserves it.

A note on bugs: install MMUE/NVEC. That takes care of a lot of bugs; secondly, if there's a loading loop-loop-loop, start a new game and load a save.
  67. Oct 22, 2014
    First off, I am a hardcore Fallout fan. Got over 400 hours in New Vegas alone. It's far from perfect though. There are some game breaking glitches, the visuals aren't amazing and you might end up getting stuck in the ground per occasion. Trust me though, it's worth it!
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    This was a really fun game and i enjoyed how the quest weren't linear, you could just saw screw the world and kill everyone, then become king of the wasteland. as well as hundred of side quest and smooth controls, this game has a enjoyable hardcore mode where you have to mind enemies and manage supplies, as well as worry about starving, passing out, and getting dehydrated. People alsoThis was a really fun game and i enjoyed how the quest weren't linear, you could just saw screw the world and kill everyone, then become king of the wasteland. as well as hundred of side quest and smooth controls, this game has a enjoyable hardcore mode where you have to mind enemies and manage supplies, as well as worry about starving, passing out, and getting dehydrated. People also don't recognize you if you are in brotherhood of steel armor and will treat you differently, no just like some random person, as well as your influence on what you do. Expand
  69. Apr 21, 2015
    I think FNV is the best of all the "new" Fallouts. It's deep, open ended, has a few endings, lots of stuff to find and explore, and many different interesting characters to deal/talk with.

It is one of the best games that came out since the year 2000 (Everything in the game is at the very least good). Anyone who is interested in role-playing games (not action adventure ones), should

Anyone who is interested in role-playing games (not action adventure ones), should buy this one, or at the very least try it somehow.

I strongly recommend buying this one... especially at the low steam price. :)
  70. Sep 15, 2015
    Though smaller than Fallout 3 and full of bugs, New Vegas stands tall. The refined gameplay and improved content give it an advantage over previous Fallout games. Unfortunately, it fails to capture that post-war Fallout feeling, instead favouring a more Mad Max, wild west style.
  71. Dec 31, 2011
    I think obsidian is the top rpg creator game in our days. New vegas is deep, is dark and have a very nice story and a world open to explore. Very nice work, very nice game
  72. Jan 14, 2011
    Maybe the score should be 10/6 for outdoor vs. indoor play only b/c my computer could do cartwheels outside with a 100 enemies and have no FPS lag whereas indoors it stuttered like crazy despite the specs of my super computer - how counter intuitive is that?? If/when they patch it properly probably a true score would be 9. Anyway, what can I say? more Fallout 3 but improved with HardcoreMaybe the score should be 10/6 for outdoor vs. indoor play only b/c my computer could do cartwheels outside with a 100 enemies and have no FPS lag whereas indoors it stuttered like crazy despite the specs of my super computer - how counter intuitive is that?? If/when they patch it properly probably a true score would be 9. Anyway, what can I say? more Fallout 3 but improved with Hardcore mode (the only way to play) and a Western theme. Despite my frustrations inside, love it. Also wish creatures would not respawn all the time (even mods didn't seem to stop it). Oh and get the RACE mod and the song packs - Bethesda's radio was a cute idea (again) but they need the 1-200 extra songs modders put in for them. Expand
  73. Nov 14, 2015
    When people look for games to buy, I think they often neglect to think of the writers and creative directors. Why is FNV so good? It's because of Chris Avelone. Why is the writing in FNV engaging and unpretentious, yet able to achieve pathos? Chis Avelone. The team at Obsidian. Why do other recent Bethesda games have insultingly bad writing? Emil Pagliarulo, a man who thinks he's writingWhen people look for games to buy, I think they often neglect to think of the writers and creative directors. Why is FNV so good? It's because of Chris Avelone. Why is the writing in FNV engaging and unpretentious, yet able to achieve pathos? Chis Avelone. The team at Obsidian. Why do other recent Bethesda games have insultingly bad writing? Emil Pagliarulo, a man who thinks he's writing for a kids' cartoon. I thought I would point that out to all those who keep lumping all these games in one bag just because of the Bethesda logo.

As for FNV, I'll mention a few things. This game makes exquisite use of loot. Unlike some modern titles, you really need your loot to keep your guns working and your armor in good shape. The result forces the player to keep trying out a variety of different weapons and strategies.

There are a few downsides. First of all, never play any of the DLC on the first run. The DLC levels your character through the stratosphere and makes the rest of the game disappointingly easy. Like practically all open world games, FNV suffers from a difficulty "hill". Once the hill has been passed almost everything is easy to the point of absurdity. The DLC will get you to that point faster.
  74. Apr 8, 2013
    This game is awesome problems first, BUGS there are a few bugs with the dlc and the game, also weapons are a bit lacking in feel, also needs more big cities. Thats all the bad i am not kidding its too post apocalyptic rpg like, the good, dozens of interesting side quests (unlike fo3), do whatever the you want not kidding you can do 1 mission then go run away and never do the story forThis game is awesome problems first, BUGS there are a few bugs with the dlc and the game, also weapons are a bit lacking in feel, also needs more big cities. Thats all the bad i am not kidding its too post apocalyptic rpg like, the good, dozens of interesting side quests (unlike fo3), do whatever the you want not kidding you can do 1 mission then go run away and never do the story for THOUSANDS of hours, the characters are amazingly detailed, the cities feel unique, you feel like a good person if you have good karma and a maniac if you have low karma. The lore is followed well unlike fo3 with the half assed explanation of the super mutants. Did i not give you enough motivation to buy this game. Also this is my second favorite game ever first being Stalker SoC but thats only fun for a small crowd, and 3rd bioshock infinite. BUY NOW WITH DLC YOU WILL NOT REGRET ANYTHING Expand
  75. May 19, 2013
    Fallout new vegas is an overall success its asically faloout 3 expanded and its just brilliant i didnt play fallout 3 but after getting Fallout new vegas I really do want to nowin a heinz sight just get this game really this is how awesome it is
  76. Nov 10, 2015
    The game is really great. Maybe you won't agree with me but I believe FO:NV is much better than previous FO3. The game is so much better than Fallout 3. I'll compare them as they don't differ much. 1) World is more colourful; 2) story is much-much better; 3) diversity (small but still) in routes you can go (choosing friends is better than choosing to die or not to die); 4) more interestingThe game is really great. Maybe you won't agree with me but I believe FO:NV is much better than previous FO3. The game is so much better than Fallout 3. I'll compare them as they don't differ much. 1) World is more colourful; 2) story is much-much better; 3) diversity (small but still) in routes you can go (choosing friends is better than choosing to die or not to die); 4) more interesting setting (imo, don't butthurt); 5) DLCs are more interesting (in NV there're more interesting DLCs than in FO3).
    So I believe that this game is really great and it's a great forwardstep from dull FO3 but, unfortunately, it's too buggy so I can't give it more than 9/10.
  77. Oct 31, 2015
    Great game, on par with fallout 3. There seems to be fans of either version thinking the other version is poor but i like them both. They have their pro's and con's and i have been a fan since fallout 1.
  78. Jan 7, 2012
    The game is a master piece, another master piece from Bethesda Game Studios.I sold this game, but today I'm going to get it again...
    The radios are good but could be better, the game-play is the same has Fallout 3, EPIC, vast world to investigate, 3 endings.
    Has many weapons to choose from, suits to wear and you can even created your own character. If you are a great Fallout fan you
    If you are a great Fallout fan you probably already have this game, but if you're new to the series you should start with this one.
  79. Dec 26, 2015
    Probably one of the best games I have ever played. Between playing it on the console and PC I've accumulated well over 1,000 hours and each hour was fun. I just wish there was more to the game. However it is not at all the developer's fault - but the publisher's (Bethesda) as they forced a mere 14 month development time period. Only 14 months. Yet somehow that game is still better thanProbably one of the best games I have ever played. Between playing it on the console and PC I've accumulated well over 1,000 hours and each hour was fun. I just wish there was more to the game. However it is not at all the developer's fault - but the publisher's (Bethesda) as they forced a mere 14 month development time period. Only 14 months. Yet somehow that game is still better than Fallout 4. Fallout: NV keeps true to the nature of the original Fallout's while BGS decides to give Fallout a whole new look, to the point where it's hardly even noticeable as a Fallout. Now I'm not going to go into all this crap. F:NV is a great game, whether it's on PC or console you should pick it up. Preferably PC because there's plenty of mods that turn this game into a gem, but none are needed. Unlike BGS' Fallouts where mods are essential to use so they're fun to play. Expand
  80. Apr 1, 2015
    This is one of my fauvorite games . It is already 5 years old, but this game is still good now as it was then . I highly recommend - this game is a all-time classic . I will be playiung it also in 5 years again . Unbelievable atmospere, the same feeling I had when playing Terminator : Future shock 15 or so years ago - the post appocalypse feeling only Bethesda can provide .
  81. Dec 9, 2011
    I played the hole game in 60h, took me a month but it was worth it. The game is simply great with a huge map to explore and the DLCs add even more to it. The graphics are great for a game like this and its engine runs very smooth dispite the glicths and bugs which its is major downside. Also the save something doesnt load which can ruin certain people´s games but i recommendI played the hole game in 60h, took me a month but it was worth it. The game is simply great with a huge map to explore and the DLCs add even more to it. The graphics are great for a game like this and its engine runs very smooth dispite the glicths and bugs which its is major downside. Also the save something doesnt load which can ruin certain people´s games but i recommend everyone who like adventure to try it. Expand
  82. Dec 16, 2010
    This Game has gotten a mixed comment with me. It is a typical FALLOUT game, and a such has a great reception with me. The bugs aren't noteworthy as STEAM sorts them all out and i haven't encountered any. The fact that there is no play without Internet is bad, but the additions and all the faithful exploring makes me glad that this game was brought to the public as it is one great RPG.
  83. Jun 12, 2011
    If you've never played the original Fallout games and are expecting an environment and narrative equal to Fallout 3s you will most likely be disappointed. However unlike in FO3, New Vegas feels much more open and offers many more paths to take and more content to enjoy like the original Fallout 1 & 2. That openness combined with that great Fallout formula we all enjoy makes me love NewIf you've never played the original Fallout games and are expecting an environment and narrative equal to Fallout 3s you will most likely be disappointed. However unlike in FO3, New Vegas feels much more open and offers many more paths to take and more content to enjoy like the original Fallout 1 & 2. That openness combined with that great Fallout formula we all enjoy makes me love New Vegas just as equally if not a bit more than some of its predecessors. My only big gripes are that it doesn't have that "wow" factor and immersion of Fallout 3 and that even after patches, it is incredibly buggy for a game that's been released this long. Expand
  84. Jun 15, 2011
    This game is very good, and interesting, and brought me a lot of hours of fun, but something about it, never, ever could live up to Fallout 3. In Fallout 3 when you did quests, you were heavily rewarded for your work, and it gave you reason to do them, in this game, a quest reward is nothing more but exp and a few caps usually, worthless. I'm trying to judge this game by itself as it's ownThis game is very good, and interesting, and brought me a lot of hours of fun, but something about it, never, ever could live up to Fallout 3. In Fallout 3 when you did quests, you were heavily rewarded for your work, and it gave you reason to do them, in this game, a quest reward is nothing more but exp and a few caps usually, worthless. I'm trying to judge this game by itself as it's own unique game, but in regards to Fallout 3 this game is totally a 4 or 5 as a direct comparison. The story in Fallout 3 was much better. This story is weak, but I'm not saying you shouldn't play Vegas, you should. But I am saying if you have to choose between this and F03, go with F03... Expand
  85. Jul 5, 2013
    While I found it to be buggy (I'd go as far as to say it's one of the buggiest AAA titles I've ever played) and it's atmosphere is a bit conflicting with it's spaghetti western/Mafia/Vegas type mood, I have to say this may be one of the best RPG's of this generation. The way you can interact with followers is such a massive improvement, the more factions are more interesting, the mechanicsWhile I found it to be buggy (I'd go as far as to say it's one of the buggiest AAA titles I've ever played) and it's atmosphere is a bit conflicting with it's spaghetti western/Mafia/Vegas type mood, I have to say this may be one of the best RPG's of this generation. The way you can interact with followers is such a massive improvement, the more factions are more interesting, the mechanics have been improved. Heck, we even got the classic Fallout lore back. It may be a tad different than it's predecessor, but it's still worth the price. Expand
  86. Apr 30, 2012
    48 hours in and my interest is waning. I have all the DLC and feel like it will never be over, so I stopped. Too much content is not normally a problem but in this case it doesn't compel me to continue. The game is definately worth a play, don't get me wrong. 48 hours is a fair investment for a busy person. The weapons are interesting and some of the storylines are great. The vista is48 hours in and my interest is waning. I have all the DLC and feel like it will never be over, so I stopped. Too much content is not normally a problem but in this case it doesn't compel me to continue. The game is definately worth a play, don't get me wrong. 48 hours is a fair investment for a busy person. The weapons are interesting and some of the storylines are great. The vista is stunning in some areas and overall it was a great experience. Definately an 8, if you have the time. Expand
  87. Dec 1, 2016
    Fallout New Vegas is everything Fallout 4 should have been, and to add insult to injury-Bethesda didn't even make it. Obsidian managed to nail the Fallout atmosphere and depth you'd expect from it's predecessors. Fallout New is a game that really makes me wonder how Bethesda could get the formula wrong for the 4th instalment.
  88. Dec 4, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played this game for 55 hours thus far. My game has crashed about 4 times, and I have had only a handful of minor bugs. I am thankful for this, since most reviews seem to focus in on how many bugs there are, and I've been able to enjoy this game pretty much unimpeded.

And what a joy it's been. This game takes a lot from Fallout 3, but I'm fed up of the amount people focus on the engine. This is a lot more than an 'expansion pack's worth, tons of new weapons, new game systems, whole new story, a map BIGGER than the original, gambling games, new perks, new companions. As far as I see it, that's the meat of a Fallout game. I play Fallout because of its awesome story, immersion and beautiful locations.
    And let me tell you, despite low-resolution textures, clipping and a host of graphical shortcomings, it still manages to look beautiful when you look into the distance, especially when you see New Vegas and other massive structures.

But I'll tell you the main reason this game is awesome. Factions. Nobody has any excuse to ignore the sidequests in this game, because while you CAN do that and still complete the main quest, you'd be doing it the most uninteresting way. Obsidian have fantastically tied in all the factions' sidequests (and let me tell you, after 55 hours I still haven't completed them) to the main story, which gives you an excuse to go round the Mojave doing just about everything to set up your perfect finale.

If I had to nitpick, I'd wish that the Legion showed off Caesar's views a bit more. After speaking to the head honcho, it's obvious that he has some interesting ideals. However, none of these are expressed by anyone else at any other point in the Legion. Everyone else in his force makes it look like a big, savage tribe (which technically it is, but Caesar claims he is trying to be like the Romans).

In essence, the story of this game is much stronger than Fallout 3's, but since it borrows a lot from Fallout 3's engine through models, textures, lore and even voicework, it lacks the punch Fallout 3 had. Thus I would put it on a par in my books. And hell, that's a good par, because I gave it a 10 :P.
    Just be patient you who are moaning about books and too much similarity, get immersed in the game and it'll reward you in kind.
  89. Nov 15, 2010
    Fallout: New Vegas is a great addition to the Fallout series, the story is weaker than Fallout 3 and the graphics are mostly reused on all items in FO3. you will find yourself more interested in the side quests then the main story. Overall this is however a solid RPG for fans and newcomers alike.
  90. Oct 24, 2010
    Fallout New Vegas is hands down the best game of the year. Surpassing FO3 in all aspects. The New Vegas world is much more interactive and better made than the FO3's world. The graphic were only slightly improved but the great amount in the game you cannot blame them for not giving the game a major makeover. The new game play aspects are amazing such as hardcore mode, the revamp of theFallout New Vegas is hands down the best game of the year. Surpassing FO3 in all aspects. The New Vegas world is much more interactive and better made than the FO3's world. The graphic were only slightly improved but the great amount in the game you cannot blame them for not giving the game a major makeover. The new game play aspects are amazing such as hardcore mode, the revamp of the workbench and campfires. Yes there are quite a few bugs but nothing as disastrous as the major glitches in FO3. Definitely worth the time! Expand
  91. Sep 27, 2013
    great game you could spend a whole week nonstop playing and you'd still have fun things to do in the game. The only real problem is that there's a mechanic with the companion where if u equip them with weapons or bombs they randomly drop them resulting in your huge treasure trove of weaponizes suddenly disappearing without you noticing. The morale/relationship system and better storygreat game you could spend a whole week nonstop playing and you'd still have fun things to do in the game. The only real problem is that there's a mechanic with the companion where if u equip them with weapons or bombs they randomly drop them resulting in your huge treasure trove of weaponizes suddenly disappearing without you noticing. The morale/relationship system and better story writing makes this game better then it's predecessor by far The game even features a hardcore mode with perma death on your companions and requiring you to constantly eat which is great for those who want a challenge Expand
  92. Jan 17, 2011
    Fallout New Vegas is one of the best Role Play Games available for scifi fans that I have seen in a long time. Deus Ex 1 being ranked as one of the other classics I enjoy. Fallout NVs game play is that of an RPG rather than a shoot as was the case with Fallout 3. So its a little different to play. But when you figure that out and stop charging in to the wasteland guns blazing, thingsFallout New Vegas is one of the best Role Play Games available for scifi fans that I have seen in a long time. Deus Ex 1 being ranked as one of the other classics I enjoy. Fallout NVs game play is that of an RPG rather than a shoot as was the case with Fallout 3. So its a little different to play. But when you figure that out and stop charging in to the wasteland guns blazing, things settle down and become fun. Unfortunately the game has save game issues that lead to saves becoming useless sometime after level 15, usually before level 30. Turning off auto save, quick save and any other save and sticking to manual saves seem to help but after 200 hours of play, I have never made it to level 30 without my save corrupting. So good game, work buying but bugs are killing it. Expand
  93. May 23, 2011
    Just amazing. 200+ hours of content for 19.99 and the best mod community around. IMHO better than Fallout 3. Great gunfights, dialogue and universe.
  94. Oct 13, 2011
    Great game with many new aspects like Hardcore mode and Great amount of factions, but it is not FO3 FO3 is AMASING. Otherwise this is a Great game,but i personally prefer FO3
  95. Jul 29, 2012
    I can undestand why people are annoyed that the engine of Fallout: New vegas wasn't changed since FallOut 3, but I can't believe after playing this game that it got a lower score. In fact, considering the alternative (I am thinking about how I miss mass effect 1 dispite the graphics improvements in 2 and 3 that sucked)- I wish that every good or decent game had another go like in falloutI can undestand why people are annoyed that the engine of Fallout: New vegas wasn't changed since FallOut 3, but I can't believe after playing this game that it got a lower score. In fact, considering the alternative (I am thinking about how I miss mass effect 1 dispite the graphics improvements in 2 and 3 that sucked)- I wish that every good or decent game had another go like in fallout new vegas, where the graphic is changed but everything else is improved. You probably already heard of the hardcore mod- but this game have so much more. Right- Puting a faction clothes doesn't feel like hitman, sneaking with a silencer pistol and hacking computers isn't like splintercell (Through the minigame is better) And butchering people at the strip isn't GTA (I admit I didn't try that one), but you have the choise and this is what matter. The reputation-karma system is a giant improvement, this is no longer a fight between good and evil which I hated in fallout 3. The brotherhood of steel is in the gray zone again- not evil and not good, but there are much more factions here- every town has its own opinion of you, every gang, tribe, republic- and its working. The gameplay requires that you skip some missions, because if you want to achieve something beyond money you can't just take every contract you are given (Or maybe you can? I didn't try that one either) The ending is great- There are not only many diffrent "big" decisions but you also need to think what are consequnces of you decisions- The NCR give order, but is this what the people of Primm really need? The brotherhood of steel have good people, but won't killing them now prevent an un-needed blood spilling? Is Mr. house really aiming for better tommorow, or did the power made him a heartless crazy old man? Or maybe things will be better off if I will be the one in control around here? And I admit I don't have the answers to all those questions yet- because I made other decisions
    Another big imporvement is the companions- Not only easier to control with the companion wheel but also much less linear. Talking to them, depending on the conversation, can reveal new side missions that improve loyality and change how the game ends, at least for those pals of yours. Some companions have different traits and some have different behaviour- like Boone, who will engage every Legion man he sees without asking or caring about the consiquences. My review is already getting too long for most people to read- so I will sum up and say this is a good game, much improved fromt he previous fall out 3 and I suggest getting it when the price is right. I don't agree about this game replay value- The game is big time consumer and is simply too long to play again for me. And thats exactly why I had to make my decisions, and live with them.
    Oh and one more thing, this time is bad- For a game that long, with so much hours in the open, I would much expect a much better and varied music- If this game happens in the 2200+, how come the music is from 1500? IS that really all that survived? I know not every game can afford GTA: Vice city soundtrack and talkshows, but come on, I am craving for water in the middle of nuclear desert- Do I really have to hear this old song AGAIN?
  96. Jun 23, 2012
    If you played Fallout 3, you will feel at home with this game. The user interface is exactly the same and the basic features are still there, but the similarities end here. In this game you lose a bit of the post-apocalyptic feel and instead embark on a western scenario with a bit of old-world touch to it. Several new features are added, like the several craftable items, ammo types,If you played Fallout 3, you will feel at home with this game. The user interface is exactly the same and the basic features are still there, but the similarities end here. In this game you lose a bit of the post-apocalyptic feel and instead embark on a western scenario with a bit of old-world touch to it. Several new features are added, like the several craftable items, ammo types, companion interaction (which is a big part of this game), mini-games and faction system. There's the new Hardcore Mode too, on which you will feel a more realistic scenario, being subjected to thirst, starvation and sleep deprivation and some other changes making you more of a survivor and less of a killing machine.

Unfortunately the game is pretty straightforward, with no possibility to continue after the last battle, coupled with the lack of memorable landmarks, makes New Vegas a bit subpar for Fallout 3 fans. The plot could be a bit more ambitious too, with more emphasis on morally subjective quests and choices.

PS: The DLCs are a must. Each one has a particular theme and new possibilities.
  97. Jul 26, 2012
    Thank God New Vegas didn't crash when I tried to load it. As it stands with Fallout 3 game of the year edition through steam, I cannot run the game unless I'm not connected to the internet. Sad. Fallout 3 New Vegas runs smoothly through steam, in ultra mode for me without any issues. I can enjoy this. Thank God. Fallout 3 New Vegas I can play without interruptions, fully immersed.
  98. May 20, 2013
    Great depth, interesting characters, quirky places and loads to discover, this is quite simply one of the best games I've ever finished.

You can tell it was written by the guys who pretty much created the Fallout universe, as they fill it with love and care.
  99. Jul 7, 2014
    Fallout 2 stands as one of my favorite games of all time, not to mention one of the best cRPGs ever made. When I heard that Obsidian Entertainment (comprised out of most of the people behind Fallout 2 and some of the developers of the original Fallout) I got giddy with excitement. Then when I realized that it will by published by Bethesda and using their engine I was sad. The reason isFallout 2 stands as one of my favorite games of all time, not to mention one of the best cRPGs ever made. When I heard that Obsidian Entertainment (comprised out of most of the people behind Fallout 2 and some of the developers of the original Fallout) I got giddy with excitement. Then when I realized that it will by published by Bethesda and using their engine I was sad. The reason is that Bethesda are your typical publisher, they don't care about games as works of art, just as products to be sold, this is reflected in both the horrendous Fallout 3, which not only dumbed down Fallout and brought in a load of mouthbreathing amoebas calling themselves "fallout fans" yet they have only played Fallout 3 which stands as the worst game in the franchise.
    Regardless, New Vegas was released, it was a buggy mess on release, this is entirely Bethesda's fault, because it was their end of the contract to handle QA and testing, they failed to deliver on that, while simultaneously giving Obsidian only 18 months to develop a RPG, that's downright satanic.
    But what about the game itself?
    Well, beneath the veneer of fecal matter that is Gamebryo there is an incredibly solid RPG, with varied gameplay, non-linear quests, proper RPG mechanics (unlike Fallout 3), extremely detailed world which fits exactly with the lore of Fallout 1 and 2 (made by the same people after all), which offered interesting moral dilemmas and respected the player enough to not dilute itself into a stupid binary morality children's book that dares to call itself Fallout.
    If you liked Fallout 1 and 2, then New Vegas will appeal to you, maybe not exactly from a gameplay perspective, it is using that terrible engine made by Bethesda after all, but it's plot, quests, characters, locations, world and writing are all outstanding and some of the best the industry has seen to date.
  100. Oct 25, 2010
    This is an excellent game, unfortunately marred by so many technical problems at launch it was ruined for many PC gamers. My review score ignores all the technical problems, and there is a lot. Be warned that you will likely have extremely poor performance and other technical issues galore. If you aren't up for some forum searching, tweaking and waiting for patches, don't bother buyingThis is an excellent game, unfortunately marred by so many technical problems at launch it was ruined for many PC gamers. My review score ignores all the technical problems, and there is a lot. Be warned that you will likely have extremely poor performance and other technical issues galore. If you aren't up for some forum searching, tweaking and waiting for patches, don't bother buying the PC version. Basically if you loved Fallout 3, you'll really love this game. The formula hasn't changed much, but the additions to crafting, faction reputations, gun modding, ammo types, survival skills, hardcore mode, improved companion system, etc has improved the experience a lot. Obsidian's excellent storyline and dialog writing improves things further, giving characters and locations more personality and likely drawing more than a few laughs from you as you play. After a few months of patches this game will be the masterpiece everyone hoped it would be out of the box. Expand

1. May 27, 2011
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. Apr 21, 2011
    Despite Obsidian's fan-service, Fallout: New Vegas is a heaping pile of bugs.
  3. Mar 18, 2011
    Fallout: New Vegas looks like an Add On to Fallout 3, but that should not mean, that it's a copy of its forerunner. It scores with an great atmosphere, nice story and all the typical and awesome Fallout features.