8.8

1. AnonymousMC
    Apr 9, 2009
    The is a game that gets old very fast. The environment is incredible, until you realize it is comprised of about 10 different models, and it suddenly becomes dull and repetitive. A similar thing happens with combat. It is indeed Oblivion with guns, and no, that is in no way a good thing.
  2. Mar 15, 2016
    This classic favourite of many RPG players is rife with flaws that, obviously, most people don't care for, but this self-proclaimed discerning veteran will give you a tour of some major ones.

At first, you'll discover a good, simple character creation process with promises of variety. Equally good is the fact that random encounters are not necessarily hostile. You will, however, spend hours and hours killing rats.

Then the horror: the game runs on a timer. Indeed, Fallout is the Anti-Grail of the exploring gamer. No, just no.

Graphics are lacking. Not ugly or anything, but the isometric view is opaque; walls block you view, hiding creatures and objects. And the cursor itself is unpleasant to play with.

Finally, to keep it short, here is a little example showing how variety was expected but not delivered: In 2 days of playing, I managed to make use of 3 skills, 2 of which being combat skills. There was nothing to lockpick, nothing to learn with the Sciences skill, nothing to repair... You get the idea.

Now go and make up your own opinion, but don't expect the perfection promised by all these 10/10 ratings.
  3. CompNutjob
    Nov 20, 2008
    it feels like oblivion, but without the different character types like mages, warriors etc. it lacks the re-playability, even if you want to replay this game....lifeless, boring dialogs, npcs make the player not give a damn about the situation. main story lacks the twists and turns to keep the players attention. the oblivion also had these problems...lacks depth like different bullet it feels like oblivion, but without the different character types like mages, warriors etc. it lacks the re-playability, even if you want to replay this game....lifeless, boring dialogs, npcs make the player not give a damn about the situation. main story lacks the twists and turns to keep the players attention. the oblivion also had these problems...lacks depth like different bullet types, modification of weapons, armors, different damage types etc. it feels childish to represent in points since there is only one type of category beside the conditions of items like the damage points, instead of comparable barlike properties in these categories..wasteland feels too empty to really excite the curiosity of the player. Expand
  4. Mar 23, 2016
    I have the second highest rated video card in my computer and every time I turn around in this game, it crashes. That is ridiculous. I wish I had never bought this game. Granted, the scenery is beautiful and the plot is fantastic. But, I can't continue the game if I'm not allowed to go where the quest leads me. Fix this.
  5. Sep 15, 2016
    While the game has an interesting premise, Interplay, as evident by its later work has managed to screw up one of the best ideas in video game history. Thank God someone else bought the franchise.
  6. DerekA.
    Mar 11, 2008
    I honestly can not see what people like in this game. Its turn-based combat is absolutely wretched and the RP choices in this game are pitiful to say the least. Go play Betrayal at Kondor if you want a good RPG. I could maybe see this being fun when I was 10 for the goofy violence, but any adult that plays this game will surely see how terrible this game really is.

The mood is right, the graphics good, and the plot compelling. I found the tactical combat system refreshingly intelligent, and the multitude of ways you can approach the game from a stats point of make a wide variety of styles possible in the game.
  2. PC Gamer
    This sequel to an all-time classic is one of the standout RPGs for the 1990s. [Jan 1998, p.221]
  3. Fallout's detailed graphics, compelling plot, and intuitive gameplay should deservedly broaden its appeal beyond the hard-core role-playing game audience. Put simply, Fallout may be the best role-playing game to be released in years.