Fantasy Wars PC

1. GlennO.
    Jan 18, 2008
    The AI is quite good (without "cheating") which makes this one of the most challenging turn-based games I have played in a long while. The perk-tree is intriguing, albeit lacking in adequate documentation. This game will stretch your strategy muscles in good ways.
  2. PertsaJ.
    Oct 31, 2007
    A great game for fans of good old turn-based strategies. If you liked games like Fantasy General, Battle Isle and Spellcross, you'll love this!
  3. KalleHahl
    Mar 10, 2008
    I'd give 9.5. There are only some minor stuff that patches might even fix/add.

It's ridiculous to see some of the game reviewers giving 35% scores to Fantasy Wars.

This is as good as Ufo: Enemy Unknown is, combied with Heroes of the Might and Magic AND Total War -series.

It's pure gold. Get it!
  4. ErichS.
    Oct 9, 2007
    What an awesome game. If you love turn-based strategy in a fantasy setting, this is the best ever. Reminds me a little of "Sword of Aragon" (yeah, ancient I know). Graphics not that great, but best gameplay in a long time.
  5. JamieS.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Fantastic game! Better than RTW OR civ. More fun to play. A turn based deep strategy game with some unique elements. I feel like this is the game I've been waiting years for. It's perfect.
  6. RichC.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Not everyones cup of tea, but if you like turn-based strategy, raise your pinky because this is quite the little tea party!
  7. MichaelM.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Loved the easy to play..hard to win gameplay. Most fun in years finishing a campaign. Hope there is an expansion in the works with more maps.
  8. ChrisM.
    Jan 15, 2008
    I saw it for sale, laughed at the name and thought for a minute how brilliant it would be to remake fantasy general. Went home, looked at reviews, and bam! instantly ashamed for not buying it on the spot, have not been dissapointed. Great to play these old classics, an awesome game that makes you plan, think, and unashamedly save-load =).
  9. OliverH.
    Nov 27, 2007
    Simply fantastic. Good strategy with fun battles and great graphics. So fun.
  10. Feb 25, 2014
    one of the best turn based combat games I have enjoyed playing. Its difficulty is just right and provides a very good challenge. It doesnt have any flashy graphics but it sticks to basics and delivers a great overall experience.
    It isnt a game for everyone but if you are looking for a tactics only no nonsense game its brilliant.
    There is a sequel Elven Legacy
  11. Sep 12, 2013
    This is a correct turn -based RPG game.
    The main campaign is based on a series of battles ibjectives on a map.
    Unit level progression is simple yet effective.
    the 3D map is a plus on this game.
    The turns limit on missions and maps, makes you want to do better
    There are some unnaceptable problems with the UI and missing text strings on buttons.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    A true blast from the past, turn based fantasy strategy in the spirit of old classics from 90s. A bold move that succeeds. Commanding your own orc horde or mercenary army to victory through the linear campaign is simply fun, especially when the game mechanics have nothing to be ashamed of, and there’s plenty of complexity to keep you thinking. We need more of unhurried, turn based goodness like this in the future. [Nov 2007]
    The turn countdown is a decent idea as well and forces players out into the field a little quicker, but can tend to cut off the chance to fully explore a map in some cases. Either way, the challenge for those that choose to try and grab the gold medal in each level is going to be pretty extreme.
  3. It may be old-school, but Fantasy Wars isn't behind the times when it comes to providing satisfying, albeit spectacularly tough, turn-based strategy gameplay.