5.7

1. Dec 5, 2012
    Let's start off with the multiplayer-aspect. The guns all feel the same. What I mean by that is that it feels as if they've all got the same recoil and there doesnt seem to be any bulletdrop. You learn that one recoil and then you can adjust your aim to it no matter if you're using the heavy mg or a pistol. Other than that all the maps are basicly the same. There's like a hotzone in theLet's start off with the multiplayer-aspect. The guns all feel the same. What I mean by that is that it feels as if they've all got the same recoil and there doesnt seem to be any bulletdrop. You learn that one recoil and then you can adjust your aim to it no matter if you're using the heavy mg or a pistol. Other than that all the maps are basicly the same. There's like a hotzone in the middle and you can run around it - there it is. When a match is over and you're the best player on the winning team you can decide to either punish or spare the best player in the opposing team. That's about the only cool thing with the multiplayer-part. I'd sum it up as a **** clone of Call of duty-multiplayer - and im not even a call of duty fanboy. The single player was pretty fun when I started. The story was compelling enough for me to get interested in the antagonist and the main character (yourself) but once you got out of that first "zone" it all got worse. I thought that the survival-aspect seemed cool in trailers. But that was because I expected that the main character would have to collect eatable plants, hunt animals etc in order to survive. But nope. That's all part of some weird and huge unlock-system. You can make a backpack out of 2 X meat from animal Y. That animal is marked on your minimap so there's no way that you can miss it. The same goes for all the plants. Just look at your minimap and all you need to do is go there. It's an open world but since EVERYTHING is marked on the map it feels as if everything is already explored. You already know where everything is so there's close to no exploring. Sure, you can climb up a radiotower and the hotspots will become even more apparent to you (they actually show you how the place looks from an angle, instead of just the marked spot).

And if that wasnt enough the AI is beyond stupid. You can throw rocks to distract the AI, you've got an infinite amount of rocks and you can do it a billion times. Each time the AI goes "WHAT WAS THAT?!", each time just as surprised as the previous time you did it. Their reactiontimes also seem to be really slow. They aim at you and after about 5 seconds they start shooting. I guess this is some setting that would help console-players to kill their enemies fast enough but on a PC it's incredibly easy to get the kill before they actually start shooting.

Eventually the story just spins into a cliché and I totally lost interest. Stopped playing after about two hours of playtime. I doubt I will play it again. The co-op was repetative and easy (on the hardest difficulty). The co-op is not like single player. You're on a rail on one specific "mission" at a time. It's not even a story, you go get a bomb, place it and then you go to spot X. Mission complete and you go back to the lobby. All in all a really crappy game. It gets 2 because the voiceacting was better than average.
  2. Apr 6, 2012
    First few hours are a great fun. Vast world that you can do almost anything you want to do it with possibilities of many story lines. Good graphics too. But after 2 hours I realized that the game was extremely repetitive, enemies re-spawned very quickly. 3 hours later, it was one of the most tedious games I played.
  3. Apr 5, 2012
    The game is boring. The story line is a flimsy excuse for putting you in africa and the "twist" the developers try to incorporate into the game was worse than an Shyamalan movie twist. The mechanics are solid, in that, there are very few mechanics. To name all of them: Weapon degredation, brush fires, vehicles that can explode, AIs that will save your butt when you are about to die. AThe game is boring. The story line is a flimsy excuse for putting you in africa and the "twist" the developers try to incorporate into the game was worse than an Shyamalan movie twist. The mechanics are solid, in that, there are very few mechanics. To name all of them: Weapon degredation, brush fires, vehicles that can explode, AIs that will save your butt when you are about to die. A long list, I know. The game's graphics are very good. That's where the happy fun time ends. The game has about 6 different mission types. All of them basically include killing everyone, searching for diamonds, and getting diamonds for killing everyone. Wash, rinse, repeat. It's very much based on grinding and half of your game is taken traveling to the place to kill people. Every once in a while, you'll need something to keep yourself alive so you have to take a break from killing people, then it's back into the same old killing spree. I wouldn't really recommend this game unless you are incredibly bored and you need to kill a lot of easy to kill somethings. Expand
  4. Apr 18, 2012
    One of the best mediocre games I have played. It had great potential, but failed to deliver. Feels like a console port with mouse acceleration and dumbed down mechanics. The story and missions fail to interest. Too many frustrating moments. I had occasional CTDs. Good AI though and the swaying grass is beautiful. Ok if you can get it for £5. Gameplay: 3/5, Complexity/Realism:One of the best mediocre games I have played. It had great potential, but failed to deliver. Feels like a console port with mouse acceleration and dumbed down mechanics. The story and missions fail to interest. Too many frustrating moments. I had occasional CTDs. Good AI though and the swaying grass is beautiful. Ok if you can get it for £5. Gameplay: 3/5, Complexity/Realism: 2/5, Story: 1/5, Graphics: 4/5, Sound: 4/5, Balance/Stability: 1/5, AI: 4/5, Campaign Length: 5/5, Controls: 2/5. Expand
  5. Nov 18, 2013
    Far Cry game in name only nothing like the previous games, like WTF no mutants allowed? This is a game for those who can handle repetition and enjoy the odd facepalm. The missions don't vary that much, but the dynamic healing mechanics and gun jamming aspect of this game lead to many intense firefights.
  6. Oct 8, 2014
    First off, I'm not reviewing this as a sequel to Far Cry. It's made by different people with a different aim, so there really isn't much point comparing them.

The game is a First person shooter set in an African environment, where you must work to bring down an arms dealer who is supplying arms to sides in local conflicts, causing death and misery, Boo! You play a mercenary who will bring down this criminal, by going to the conflict zone and shooting dead hundreds upon hundreds of people with arms he buys with blood diamonds. Yay you! Anyway, how does it look? Ok. Nothing really spectacular or worth mentioning, it is there, it functions but is tends to get rather bland with the colours sometimes, but I won't hold it against it. So graphics get a good mark from me, except for the fire which looks very 2D.

Now, the gameplay itself. Let's start with the combat, as it is a shooter after all. All the weapons feel and look good for the most part. Some seem similar, but most manage to feel like different guns. Shame that there is a God awful degradation system in effect. Most weapons you get from enemies seem to have seen better centuries and will jam constantly or just outright explode. Never when the enemy has them, it only happens to you. You need to buy new weapons from arms dealers (these ones are nice weapon sellers apparently) to actually get one that works like it's supposed to. So the weapon degradation is annoying and poorly but stops short at being game ruining.

What doesn't stop short however, is the AI. It is so rubbish. Enemies aren't good at taking cover, or more often than not just randomly walk in the open towards you. They can't shoot straight, can't think of approaching you from any angle apart from the direct one, and just in general are rubbish. This makes all the action scenes seem rather pointless and undermining. I'm supposed to be fearing for my life in fire fights, not just sitting near a rock shooting people as they trundle towards me or act like jack-in-the-boxes. When your shooter actually fails at the combat section, it isn't a good sign.

To get around the map you have access to some trusty cars. Well, I say trusty, they tend to break down a lot, which is fixed by a few seconds of twiddling in the engine, which isn't making me feel like I'm fixing it or I have to take care of it, it's just a hassle that no one would notice if it wasn't there.

The actual gameplay itself is really bad. Get mission from some person, drive there, kill people, come back and get paid in diamonds (Good thing you are here to help stop this guy who is causing all this conflict!) Getting to your location, normally miles away, involves driving through camps filled with constantly respawning enemies. Once you cleared everyone from the camp you can literally just walk about a hundred meters away and then everyone there has respawned. If it was a sandbox you could just go round them, but no, the natural corridors force you through them, again, and again, and again.
    Every time you want to go somewhere you have to have yet another pointless and repetitive (and boring) fight. There are no friendly forces who can take over the place even, Despite working for one of the sides in this war they tell you that "Our boys won't recognise you", which should be read as "We didn't want to program a reputation system in". This is one of the games worst offenders, the totally painful firefights it forces you into again and again against the mediocre AI.

Another big weakness is the voice acting. I will say without doubt that it is the worst voice acting I have ever heard in a game. I'm including games like Deep Fear in that. This game is worse. At least in others they try. This game the voice actors sound like they have been dragged from some office, sedated, lobotomised and then told that if they show any emotion or, indeed, talent, they will be killed. I have yet to hear a line spoken as if it was a human doing it. Microsoft Sam is a better voice talent than these people.

So in the end, we have a open world shooter that isn't open world and isn't a very good shooter. For a game with a good budget behind it which promised lots it has delivered us a repetitive and poorly done shooter that fails at being good at shooting
  7. Jul 30, 2012
    Cool game, i dont know any game where you're in africa. But what sux is, you have to **** drive around so **** big distance, that makes me angry.
  8. Dec 13, 2012
    Far Cry 2 followed in the steps of its predecessor by failing to live up to its potential. This game has a lot of good points: the graphics and audio are excellent, the weapon selection and mechanics are great, and it has superb open-world design. However these elements are tarnished by some lousy mechanics such as repetitive missions, endlessly-respawning checkpoints, and a pointlessFar Cry 2 followed in the steps of its predecessor by failing to live up to its potential. This game has a lot of good points: the graphics and audio are excellent, the weapon selection and mechanics are great, and it has superb open-world design. However these elements are tarnished by some lousy mechanics such as repetitive missions, endlessly-respawning checkpoints, and a pointless faction system. I did like the buddy system, where your mercenary friends will occasionally give you intel on missions or rescue you if you get shot up in a firefight. I had mixed feelings about the story and characters (well there's only one or two 'characters' that deserve that title): the premise of the story and the elusive nature of your target is intriguing, and the monologues of the antagonist are compelling, but the game fails to deliver a coherent plot or ending. With a few changes to mechanics and a good writing team this game could have easily earned a 7 or 8, but as it stands Far Cry 2 falls far short. Expand
  9. Feb 22, 2013
    This game is kind of a mixed bag, while it has some unique and new elements it is poor in some ways. First off I hardly cared about the story, it just wasn't interesting at all, too many useless plot twists. The graphics and gameworld are great and dynamic, you have desert, jungle, and safari, I really enjoyed exploring the game world. On a similiar note, the driving and traveling inThis game is kind of a mixed bag, while it has some unique and new elements it is poor in some ways. First off I hardly cared about the story, it just wasn't interesting at all, too many useless plot twists. The graphics and gameworld are great and dynamic, you have desert, jungle, and safari, I really enjoyed exploring the game world. On a similiar note, the driving and traveling in general is so tedious and boring. The weapons are awesome, theres so many ways to go about completing a mission, you could ambush your target with IED's, or you could do recon and then sneak, or you can just go in guns blazing. The game feels a little to lonely sometimes like the only people you'll ever see are enemies patrolling. I felt like the missions were too repetitive and tedious and it felt a little boring at some points. Overall this game is a good purchase. Expand
  10. Aug 6, 2012
    3+/5 (Kinda good) Looks good, feels good, vehicles, guns, open world, violence, stealth, diseases, etc. But the problem for me was that you cleaned up an area and came back 30 seconds later to find it completly alive with as much fighters as before. This is a massive "NO WAY THIS IS SOOOO STUPID" problem that makes you want to stop playing the game right there. Everything looks realistic3+/5 (Kinda good) Looks good, feels good, vehicles, guns, open world, violence, stealth, diseases, etc. But the problem for me was that you cleaned up an area and came back 30 seconds later to find it completly alive with as much fighters as before. This is a massive "NO WAY THIS IS SOOOO STUPID" problem that makes you want to stop playing the game right there. Everything looks realistic and feels like it, but then BAM, you remember this is a game and it's kinda stupid. ALSO, why did they feel like it was a good idea to make me feel guilty for not searching for every goddamn briefcase when I passed by them. This "task" is not rewarding and you really do feel like you can't NOT do it. (yes, double-negative BECAUSE I CAN).

Try the game, but don't expect a flawless experience.
  11. Nov 26, 2014
    This was a pretty good game that tried a whole bunch of new stuff for an open world shooter. I really liked it and found a lot of the criticism silly ....
  12. Jul 19, 2013
    This version is a lot better than the 360 version modding made sure i didnt have to travel everywhere for pointless missions the graphics are very good on my rig the gameplay is very well done and i can mod out the annoyning things like malaria and gun jamming so the PC version is better because i can mod out all the annoyning elements
  13. Aug 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILERS!! GAME IS CRAP!!

dont even get me started with the mp that will be later, i bought the game for the sp and it was bad. i played ti for a few years on the console and it was terrible, bad controls too. but anyways what ruined the game fr me was it was forced on the player to be frustrating and unforgiving. like how cars go 40 mph max speed yet when an enemy chases you they can instantly catch yp to you from 200 feet away.

Or how the cars in the game break down CONSTANTLY, travling is a joke becuase i have to stop what im doing to clear an annoying checkpoint and ti will respawn when i go 500 feet away as the respawing is distance related) becuase the cars arnt reliable enough or fast enough that i can just travel through them. and then you can have your vehicle disabled becuase the enemies shot your body of the truck, not nessacirly the engine to be damaged. the game is repetitve and forces combat when i dont want to and thats why its hard to play. it has nothing to do with skill or tactics.

it would have been an 9/10 game if 1, vehicles didnt slow down to 5mph when someone shoots a few bullets in ANYWHERE on your car, and then chases you and instantly catches up when your 100 feet away somehow. they made the ai always catch yp, and they're terrible drivers anyways, they always crash intro trees and bridge walls when there pursuing. and the checkpoints shouldnt respawn when you go 5 mnutes away (really annoying when i killed a patrol car and it respawns while im driving its vehcile i stole from it in the first place.

really the game needed some sort of companion like fallout. i should be able to have a buddy (when my history is high enough) to travel with me and they can man guns and make the game a whole lot smoother. the rep system should also decrease the chance of getting chaced too, but everything was so poorly implemented in this game thats why i no longer play it, fallout is a much more advanced open world game and its much better. this game is just a poorly developed (but shockiling buietifull game) .

i tried to like it but let me tell you abut the MP

ITS AWEFULL, no weapon balence either, today i lit a guy on fire and was circle flanking him for a good 3 seconds of pure incinerary combat, and somehow he lived but died later though. and he didnt have the "shield" of invulnerability on him either. yes you are INVINCIPAL for 5 seconds or so whenyou spawn, which ruined an earlier match when i was capturing the last control point in uprising when i unloaded on him with ar15, but he had a "shield on so he killed me, and they advanced and took all the points, so i retreated when i got an mp5 and unloaded a whole clip in one guy in my base, a whole clip yes and he killed me with a few ar 15 rounds.

the mp was the same on the console, since its so trashy they could have focysed n better sp and a better developed mechanics.

sorry for typing my hands are stiff
  14. Oct 19, 2014
    Kao veliki ljubitelj originala, ocekivao sam mnogo, i moglo je puno bolje.
    I ovako je dobro, ali nije to to, stalni strazari, te stalno sukobljavanje sa patrolama kada se ide od misije do misije je upropastilo stvar, inace ostatak igre je jako dobar.
  15. Oct 2, 2013
    One of the best games ever made, Far Cry 2 made the best free-world I have ever seen, with one of the history's of video game history, and the best graphics at the time which are still good today.
  16. Dec 1, 2014
    This is a great game. It has very little to do with the first far cry, which aside from the open concept and good graphics was annoying, so that's good. The game is visually stunning and really gives the feeling of blundering around a rural African state (yes I have actually been to some). The gameplay is a bit repetitive but not enough to make the game boring before at least the firstThis is a great game. It has very little to do with the first far cry, which aside from the open concept and good graphics was annoying, so that's good. The game is visually stunning and really gives the feeling of blundering around a rural African state (yes I have actually been to some). The gameplay is a bit repetitive but not enough to make the game boring before at least the first play-through, and I found the environment and integration of gameplay, characters and objectives into that environment refreshing and new. Expand
  17. Dec 14, 2013
    With an emphasis on realism and dirty, African politics rather than sex and drugs, I feel that this game's setting makes it superior to Far Cry 3. However, it is not without its faults. A bad fast travel system and horribly long and boring distances make a car essential, and even then, you still travel through the same guard-infested checkpoints hundreds of times. Stealth and tactics are aWith an emphasis on realism and dirty, African politics rather than sex and drugs, I feel that this game's setting makes it superior to Far Cry 3. However, it is not without its faults. A bad fast travel system and horribly long and boring distances make a car essential, and even then, you still travel through the same guard-infested checkpoints hundreds of times. Stealth and tactics are a must, as you are constantly outnumbered and cannot simply run and gun your way through missions. Far Cry 2: Fun gameplay lightly sprinkled amongst long portions of tedious travelling. Expand
  18. Jan 3, 2014
    Far Cry 2 is just wow, The graphics for the year 2008 are absolutely excellent for this time. You can actually see your hands when the door opens and in a lot of games of this time, that doesn't happen. It has a great storyline as well. The weapons are all amazing but the problem is the enemy weapons jam which is understandable because those are in poor conditions and sometimes even theFar Cry 2 is just wow, The graphics for the year 2008 are absolutely excellent for this time. You can actually see your hands when the door opens and in a lot of games of this time, that doesn't happen. It has a great storyline as well. The weapons are all amazing but the problem is the enemy weapons jam which is understandable because those are in poor conditions and sometimes even the weapons that you buy jam. That is my only negative of Far Cry 2. Expand
  19. Jan 10, 2014
    очень скучная. Очень. ужасно скучная. Невероятно. Но за графику и за огонь она от меня зарабатывает 2. А в остальном... Даже писать не хочется. Сюжета нормального нету, игра практически линейная.
  20. Jan 30, 2014
    The best Open World shooter made by Ubisoft. Is more open world than Far Cry 3. Then really knows "Open world design". If you didn't play this game, play it. And if you play Far Cry 3 and you don't like it for an unknown reason play this game and you will find out the reason.
  21. Apr 7, 2014
    Far Cry 2. This may upset some people, but I did not like Far Cry 1 all that much. It was okay, however, after I played the game Crysis, I felt like the original was nothing more than a tech demo version of that. This is not surprising as they were both made by the exact same developer. As for the sequel, it is actually more of a brand new game than a real sequel. It is this wayFar Cry 2. This may upset some people, but I did not like Far Cry 1 all that much. It was okay, however, after I played the game Crysis, I felt like the original was nothing more than a tech demo version of that. This is not surprising as they were both made by the exact same developer. As for the sequel, it is actually more of a brand new game than a real sequel. It is this way because it has a completely different setting, and has nothing to do with the events of Far Cry 1. This should go without saying that you do not need to play Far Cry 1 before you play Far Cry 2. So does this open world shooter bring more wows than its predecessor, or was the new setting crappy and dull enough to make this game suck? Let's find out. This game's gameplay is absolutely spectacular. It is a truly open world first person shooter with few enclosed environments, and very few loading screens. As stated, this game is open world. You get to do what you want, and not even care about the story of this game. The open world is done very well. There are many missions you can undertake outside of the main story, and there are many more things to do. The first person shooter elements are handled quite well too. This game plays like your average first person shooter, using WASD to move, and the mouse to fire and all that stuff. One element in this game that is very unique to the gameplay (aside from combining the open world and shooter genres), is how realistic it all is. This game is literally the most realistic game I have ever played. This adds several good elements to the game, but it also adds a few bad ones. Healing is a good one. Along with this, being a character struck with malaria also adds a nice twist to make the game a little bit harder than your average shooter. However, one bad thing about this element of realism is that weapons have a tendency to jam. The more you use your weapon, the dirtier it gets, and the more likely it is to jam. When a weapon jams, you have a few precious seconds to unjam it before it explodes in your face and you have to replace it. Another problem with this game is how redundant it is. It is not Call of Duty levels redundant, however, it is redundant enough to get annoying. For example, there is so much back tracking to do in just about all of this game's missions, and this usually leads you to encounters at enemy bases you have already cleared. Redundancy and realism aside, the gameplay is still really good. As for the graphics, this game handles them well too. The graphics in this game are absolutely stunning. They are among the best graphics I've ever seen in a video game. All the textures in this game are very beautiful, and very detailed. The characters look good enough, but the setting is the most beautiful part. As a matter of fact, the setting is so well designed, that it may as well be the best part of the entire game. It is set in Africa, and it shows, through its amazing savannah, and its beautiful jungles. Even the cities and villages in this game look beautiful. The graphics in this game are so beautiful it's crazy. As for the story, it falls under the pretty good, but not great category. Basically, you are a mercenary sent to kill an arms dealer named the Jackal who has armed both sides of a conflict in an unknown African nation. The premise alone is very good, however, the character development in this game is pretty bad. None of the characters are well developed, and you never learn anything about them. The setting of this game somewhat makes up for this, however, there is one problem with it that I just can't get over: not enough African wildlife. There are only a few zebras and wildebeests here and there, and not much else. The story of this game is pretty good overall, but not as good as it could be. Overall, I'd say that this game is quite good. It is not the best game ever made or anything, however, it is still very good, and worth playing through. I recommend this game to anyone who just wants to play a shooter set in Africa. This game would suit them perfectly
    Gameplay: 8/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 7/10
    Overall: 8/10
  22. Feb 25, 2014
    I think average score 5.7 to this date is still quite high for this game. Almost non existing story, very limited options what to do, along with some most unrealistic elements (the most crappy cars have gps, you always repair any car and tons of more) this game is one of the most boring 3rd person action on the market. The gameplay is so repetitive, that it gets boring even during theI think average score 5.7 to this date is still quite high for this game. Almost non existing story, very limited options what to do, along with some most unrealistic elements (the most crappy cars have gps, you always repair any car and tons of more) this game is one of the most boring 3rd person action on the market. The gameplay is so repetitive, that it gets boring even during the tutorial itself. There is very little to prise about Far cry 2 other than graphics. Expand
  23. Mar 19, 2014
    What ruins the very good atmosphere of this game for me is just that all you do is shoot people, then drive to another place on the other side of the map, get attacked by some outpost people only to shoot more people at the place you were headed! I DON'T CARE ABOUT GOOD GRAFICS IF THE GAMEPLAY IS JUST ANNOYING! I have no idea if the story is good, I didn't want to play it for long.
  24. Oct 8, 2014
    I loved Far Cry and Far Cry 3... I hated this game.

I loved Far Cry and Far Cry 3... I hated this game.

First, this game has next to nothing to do with the original Far Cry other than being an FPS. One of the most enjoyable parts of FC was the lush tropical environment. This game's sophisticated graphics are marred by the tan/brown/beige palette used. The resulting African setting is so ugly, bland, and monochromatic it adds to the tediousness of the game.

Game play has design flaws with poor AI, weapons that rapidly decompose, and a terrible gaming innovation, incurable malaria.

This "sandbox" is huge and takes much of your gaming time just getting from point A to point B. Sadly, the large world has very little of interest to do in it and is painfully ugly.

Skip this installment of Far Cry franchise. The original Far Cry and FC3 are on a completely different level from this poorly designed misfire.
  25. Apr 12, 2014
    Far Cry 2 is honestly, not for everyone, due to its enormous flaws. For example, the side missions are repetitive and it can take you a lotta time until you drive or run to the places you need to go, plus the story and endings are disappointing and boring. But, between all the mist, there's some hope. First, the graphics are great. How about glide to the top of a rocky mountain as youFar Cry 2 is honestly, not for everyone, due to its enormous flaws. For example, the side missions are repetitive and it can take you a lotta time until you drive or run to the places you need to go, plus the story and endings are disappointing and boring. But, between all the mist, there's some hope. First, the graphics are great. How about glide to the top of a rocky mountain as you watch the sun set with the graphics pumped up at "Ultra High"? Plus, the Dunia engine is great, and it contributes a lot to the gameplay. For example, do you notice that the wind is blowing in the direction of your enemies? Start a fire and it will spread and burn your enemies. Or you can shoot an ammo box and hope that one of the random shooting bullets will hit your enemies. Or you can blow up the building they're in.

Basically, don't count on an intriguing story or in depth characters. But heck, the gameplay's a blast! And it makes it worthy of playing!
  26. Dec 1, 2014
    This is an action packed, beautiful and challanging adventure in the jungle. Everytime the sun turns the blue sky red and casts its beams through the giant towering jungle trees i feel the chill. The AI enemy is unpredicteble, often i found myself just walking between objectives when suddenly somebody starts fire at you with ak47, scaring the absolute **** out of me. Everytime you die, youThis is an action packed, beautiful and challanging adventure in the jungle. Everytime the sun turns the blue sky red and casts its beams through the giant towering jungle trees i feel the chill. The AI enemy is unpredicteble, often i found myself just walking between objectives when suddenly somebody starts fire at you with ak47, scaring the absolute **** out of me. Everytime you die, you start from a safehouse, witch gives survival in this game a real meaning and planning your route is vital. Your carracter never speaks, giving me a chance to put my own face on the caracter and imagine myself in the role as a struggeling adventurer in the jungle. I have played through the campain 3 times now, and my heart still beats for this masterpiece Expand
  27. Aug 8, 2014
    Far Cry 2 is a good game with stunning graphic and a large open Africa, standard gun fights with some RPG elements. That's the good side. Now on the other hand, it's sucks. There's no such thing called "Stealth" in this game, and almost every time, there's only one way to complete the objective. Besides that, stupid infinity spawn AI, useless safe houses for the PC version, uninspiredFar Cry 2 is a good game with stunning graphic and a large open Africa, standard gun fights with some RPG elements. That's the good side. Now on the other hand, it's sucks. There's no such thing called "Stealth" in this game, and almost every time, there's only one way to complete the objective. Besides that, stupid infinity spawn AI, useless safe houses for the PC version, uninspired story and the bad voice acting with ridiculous color filter are the reasons why this game should get a "7" Expand
  28. Sep 13, 2014
    Amazing game with really good graphics but a little confusing story. Had a glitch or two also on the last mission but I really enjoyed it on PC and then on Xbox360. I recommend it to anyone that likes Open World FPS.
  29. Oct 4, 2014
    I guess this game is one of those "love them or hate them". I must say it is one of my totally favourite games ever. Everything from graphics to story really works for me, it allows different scenario gameplay styles, different approaches and if I dont want to, Im not bored for a second. AI of enemies is surprisingly good, they flank you, get alerted quite often and so on. Also the systemI guess this game is one of those "love them or hate them". I must say it is one of my totally favourite games ever. Everything from graphics to story really works for me, it allows different scenario gameplay styles, different approaches and if I dont want to, Im not bored for a second. AI of enemies is surprisingly good, they flank you, get alerted quite often and so on. Also the system of discovering resources as opposition to completing missions is quite clever. Scale of weapons is quite large, theyre not adjustable in terms of different equipment for them, but that doesnt matter. Physics in this game are superb, I really do enjoy setting things on fire or throwing things up. for 2008 game, this is excellent, half of nowadays games dont have physics like this.
    The main point of this game are graphics and environment. I have to admit, the graphics and the map design here is quite excellent - the locations are superb, the changing of weather and environment (from desert to jungle-ish environment) is perfect and it is more a virtual holidays for me than a game.
    Of course there are few flaws, like static aim with sniper rifle - no breath movement, but its nothing compared to the feeling from this game.
    I played this game like 8 times at single player and still Im finding something new - definitely recommended to anyone with love for exceptional FPS experience.
  30. Dec 2, 2014
    My first impression was the best. Although, infinite enemy respawn, ghost bullets (i've shoot people who felt nothing) and endless car ramming made me hate this game from the botton of my heart! It had everything to be a perfect game, bad programing screwed.

1. Combat is thrilling – each weapon packing a solid, vicious blast; movement suggesting heft and momentum. [Dec 2008, p.80]
  2. By adopting a laissez faire attitude to player discretion, Ubisoft has crafted a brilliant follow-up.
    More importantly, it has nowhere near as many bugs as something like "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl," a title that bears many similarities. Add to the roughly 25 hour single-player campaign a remarkably easy-to-use map creation tool and a full multiplayer suite, and you've got one of the most complete overall gaming packages of the year, as well as one of the most ambitious.