Far Cry 2 PC

5.8

1. ave
    Jun 16, 2017
    The first time I've tried to play Far Cry 2, I was kinda overwhelmed and confused by the sheer size of the world and the long stretches to go from point A to point B so I've waited to have more time at hand to dive in.

So years after, I finally managed to properly play the game and it was both satisfying and... puzzling. Among the strong point of Far Cry 2 is - of course - the core

Among the strong point of Far Cry 2 is - of course - the core gameplay of shooting, the rendering of an african country (especially the blinding light and sensation of heat, the heavy rains, and majesty of its landscape), and the dereliction (palpable in either Malaria, weapon degradation, and also progressive loss of humanity).

Another great feature of the game is the immersion in a civil war setting, with several factions (UFLL, APR, civils and mercenaries, weapon dealers) you're kinda "forced" to work for in order to get medication, gain weapons, reputation, money, and potentially reach your objective and leave the country. Many gray areas here where - as one would say - it is kind of difficult to distinguish good from evil, where there is only human need of survival, instinct of greed and drive to power.

All of this led to a somewhat strange place : on one hand, I enjoyed the traversal (either by foot, by car or by boat), but not so much the random encounters that acted more as disturbance in the appreciation of landscape in a disconnected, tourist way.

Like many of FPS, I played it consciously in order to "get to end", but with a growing feeling of not really knowing where I was standing in the bigger picture, questioning my own morality (if not mortality in the face of such dreadful odds) and only left with my role as a hired gun working for the highest bidder, somewhat becoming a dark character.

For me, the most satisfying moment was the "heart of darkness", just after the prison, near the end, where everything somewhat fell in place. Evocation of Conrad's book acted as a huge relief, completely changing my perspective of the game - kinda like Bioshock ending.

So in my opinion, Far Cry 2 is a great game, not because it is an open world FPS, but because it makes you experience "the horror" and crushing power of an historical context than can lead people to commit atrocities. At some point, it's not possible to play Far Cry 2 solo storymode "for fun" - except if you embrace both the absurd and the madness.
  2. May 11, 2017
    This game brought new ideas and mechanics to gaming in general in my opinion. I wont blame Ubisoft too much because of the flaws that exists in the game it was after all their first try making a game like this. Its playable and enjoyable and it had great graphics at that time when it was released. What I hated the most is the search for diamonds that was stupid and boring as hell thenThis game brought new ideas and mechanics to gaming in general in my opinion. I wont blame Ubisoft too much because of the flaws that exists in the game it was after all their first try making a game like this. Its playable and enjoyable and it had great graphics at that time when it was released. What I hated the most is the search for diamonds that was stupid and boring as hell then there was the enemy's that respawn at the same place even when you killed them before. But everything was fixed in the amazing Far Cry 3. If you never played any Far Cry game just start with FC3 its fantastic. Expand
  3. Apr 1, 2017
    I just started my third play thru. I forget just how unique and GOOD this game is. As far as single player FPS games go, it stands alone. It's hard to compare anything else to it because everything else seems like a stupid arcade game. It's easy to complain about the game's lack of life, re-spawns are too fast, story objective lost in game play, etc... The mechanics, however, make itI just started my third play thru. I forget just how unique and GOOD this game is. As far as single player FPS games go, it stands alone. It's hard to compare anything else to it because everything else seems like a stupid arcade game. It's easy to complain about the game's lack of life, re-spawns are too fast, story objective lost in game play, etc... The mechanics, however, make it hard for me to give it anything lower than a 9. This isn't a game for kids. If you play this game like you play every other FPS game, you'll hate it and complain about it. This game keeps you in the game... The game doesn't pause when you view the map or craft some childish BS stuff.

I play Infamous with the Real Mode mod. There is also a Realism mod that is really good. I only save when I close the game. I do most everything at night and it makes a HUGE difference. I don't fast travel, I seldom drive and I don't take out guard posts without reason. I stick to the objective. This game is immersive. It's the best FPS I've ever played.
  4. Dec 14, 2016
    This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good.This game is so good, that it's good. This game isThis game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good.This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good.This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good.This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good.This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good.This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. This game is so good, that it's good. Expand
  5. Dec 9, 2016
    open world linear game, press 5 to answer phone and receive orders from crappy voice actors yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  6. Nov 30, 2016
    most overrated game in entire gaming history. this game is just a complete mess. ugly locations, huge map not worth exploring, respawning enemies on every outpost, superslow driving, annyoing weapon jamming, boring story, boring side quests. in 3 words, this game can be described as "boring as f**** " . back in the days, i've spent 10 hours just because it was "a new far cry game" and itmost overrated game in entire gaming history. this game is just a complete mess. ugly locations, huge map not worth exploring, respawning enemies on every outpost, superslow driving, annyoing weapon jamming, boring story, boring side quests. in 3 words, this game can be described as "boring as f**** " . back in the days, i've spent 10 hours just because it was "a new far cry game" and it got amazing reviews all over the internet, but the more you realize how many "payed" reviews has got a name all over it, you realize beneath a far cry 2 name it's one of the worst shooters i've ever played up to date. if you are nostalgic type of gamer and you like to play older games looking for a challenge, trust me, this one is not what you are looking for. Expand
  7. Oct 26, 2016
    I was really hyped for this game before it came out. Probably the only game in 2008 I wanted to play, badly. Well, I got it just a few days after release and finished it months later.

The game looks solid and it has some great physics to offer. For example, fire spreading around the bush and the destructive shelters, vehicles. Action starts right away, so there is not much of an introduction to the story (wonder why?). There are a lot of different guns in the game and they all sound pretty solid. You always want to buy new weapons and this makes the game a bit more interesting. Another interesting aspect of the game is searching for diamond cases, it's simple fun. The last thing I found positive about the game is the map, it's huge and well made. Those kinds of things really make you think "this is going to be a great game".

Sadly, this game really isn't all that great. Gameplay starts to get very repetitive after awhile because there are almost no civilians on the map and everyone you come across wants to kill you. Not to mention that all the bad guys you already killed, magically resurrect from the dead after just five minutes or so. And the missions are all the same - kill that man, destroy that pipe... It wouldn't be as big of a problem if the AI wasn't so bad. Your enemies will be able to see you through miles of dense jungle and shoot you in the face, but when they come close (and I mean a few feet close), they become blind, rotating in all directions and wondering "where is he?". Even though there are a lot of different guns in this game, some very popular weapons are missed out, for example M16/M4, G36, F2000... all those weapons can be found in Africa, so there is no explanation why are they not in the game. There is also no explanation why all the weapons use the same kind of ammo (yeah, it's a console port) known as the universal ammo. Furthermore the story practically doesn't exist so there is no motivation to finish the game at all (I needed four months). Remember when I said the graphics are solid? Well that is true, except for the human models. They are plasticized as if they are made with Doom 3 Engine. And the last thing - there are no rpg elements in Far Cry 2, just fps and we all know what that means. You can't have an open world game without some rpg elements.

As you can see, there are much more negatives than positives in this review. Yeah, I found Far Cry 2 to be disappointing. Far Cry 1 and Crysis are both better games, but that doesn't mean Far Cry 2 can't offer anything to a first person shooter fan. All in all it's a pretty nice looking game that is actually playable to some degree. It just has some (big) problems. The biggest ones are definitely the AI and the lack of story which leads to repetitiveness. PS: you'll need at least 30 hours to finish this one, it's up to you.
  8. Sep 16, 2016
    Unimpressive at first glance. However as you go deeper enjoy planning brilliant, perfect attacks. Be the hunter or be hunted. Its a relaxed game until you decide to go in for the kill after careful spying. At close range enemies are deadly, hard to spot and hard to sneak around so you are forced to snipe and find good defensive/ retreat positions. Also the landsape design is satisfactoryUnimpressive at first glance. However as you go deeper enjoy planning brilliant, perfect attacks. Be the hunter or be hunted. Its a relaxed game until you decide to go in for the kill after careful spying. At close range enemies are deadly, hard to spot and hard to sneak around so you are forced to snipe and find good defensive/ retreat positions. Also the landsape design is satisfactory if you know to travel also by river. Its like a hazardous journey in the wild. Good mix of leisure and challenge of thats your cup of tea. Definintely would spend a lot of hours on this.

Con: Visuals good but can be repetitive. Distracting 1-2 man attack jeeps, (to keep you on your toes I suppose). too much driving, not enough bus stops.

Pro: Satisfying sniper attack , sooo cool shooting an enemy driver who just started to drive off. Nothing better than to pass a tropical island holiday courting enemies in the sniper scope.
  9. Sep 10, 2016
    I regret! I have written a negative review about this game once, but I deeply regret! This game was one of the most frustrating experiences I had, but when I finished, it made me understand a lot of things. This is not a paradisiac set, is the jungle. It's set somewhere you could really find the worst human beings completely eager to kill you. I won't lie, having enemies spawningI regret! I have written a negative review about this game once, but I deeply regret! This game was one of the most frustrating experiences I had, but when I finished, it made me understand a lot of things. This is not a paradisiac set, is the jungle. It's set somewhere you could really find the worst human beings completely eager to kill you. I won't lie, having enemies spawning practically in your shadow sucks, still, this is the only Far Cry game I could take it seriously. It's also the only game which dare itself to be realistic with guns that jam, it's a shame that we can't clean the gun to avoid such stressful situation, having a gun jam in the middle of a gunfight, so this games almost works as a simulator. When I wrote a bad review, I didn't play Far Cry 3 until I could finish, but when I did, I found that game was a casual little fun with playboys and girlfriends and this one here, Far Cry 2, was the one that looked me in the eyes and told me "grow up kid! And welcome to the jungle!". Expand
  10. Sep 9, 2016
    One word description: Trash.

This game was overrated to the extreme. It is easily the worst Far Cry game in the series. Everything from the graphics to the story to the gameplay were overrated and overhyped, even back in 2008.

Just don't play this, ever.
  11. Aug 27, 2016
    I've just deleted this pile of garbage. Not even 5 minutes in this game (pun intended) and I had enough already.
    Not only because of the atrocious intro, where for 5 GOD DAMNED miutes you have absolutely no control and are forced to listen idiotic lines and endure through a broing landscape. After two outposts of stiff shooting vs idiotic AI, I gave up.
    The hellish fov didn't help either.
  12. Jul 6, 2016
    Gameplay : 7
    Graphics : 8
    Story : 6
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 7
  13. Jun 30, 2016
    Even to this day, this game is good. Born in an age for better graphics, better story line, better simulation, this game takes it all for the Far Cry nostalgia. Cars are easy to use BECAUSE of the simplicity the original Far Cry style. Everything from this game is colored in a way that can only speak realism and immersive. The characters speak all in a very serious voice, as if the worldEven to this day, this game is good. Born in an age for better graphics, better story line, better simulation, this game takes it all for the Far Cry nostalgia. Cars are easy to use BECAUSE of the simplicity the original Far Cry style. Everything from this game is colored in a way that can only speak realism and immersive. The characters speak all in a very serious voice, as if the world has shaped them into becoming this more psychopathic person. Unlike Far Cry 3, not all the villagers are dumbass sheep, they know what's happening... although I'll agree sometimes the voice acting is too dull. This game has a great sequel and a greater sequel of a sequel, but they're all missing aspects that this game alone has adopted: partners to save you before you die on the battlefield, a world you can truly explore without limit, all missions are main missions which means you can truly choose what to do first and second. All parts of the map are enjoyable although not defined properly. overall 9/10 even for 2008. Expand
  14. May 28, 2016
    NO, JUST NO.
    Repetitive, boring, annoying. Enemies respawning almost instantly. I just can't finish it. Game makes me literally sick. I finished FC1 and I liked it even through It was pretty hard and annoying in some cases, but this. This is just terrible. Not worth it on sale, Rate 3 because some people might like it.
  15. Mar 30, 2016
    First off this game is absolutely not a 5.8. It's ten dollars on steam currently with FULL DLC. If you are looking for a super deep story line [in a fps lol] this isn't your game. However if you are looking for mindless basically just pve or pvp action like CoD this game isn't for you. A easy game to compare to is FO3 except less "options" as you progress. The story is not great but decentFirst off this game is absolutely not a 5.8. It's ten dollars on steam currently with FULL DLC. If you are looking for a super deep story line [in a fps lol] this isn't your game. However if you are looking for mindless basically just pve or pvp action like CoD this game isn't for you. A easy game to compare to is FO3 except less "options" as you progress. The story is not great but decent which is all I really expect from first person shooters. It has aged a lot better than FC1 [ though I loved fc1] it just has much more options and expansions as it was made years later. It has awesome graphics as Far Cry games always did that even most of todays consumer non-gaming computers probably could still run the game as I can run it with my laptop with a Radeon 2600 HD. It's meant for school and paperwork only so yeah.

Most of these reviews are just harsh and not really judging the game for it's time I mean yes in 2008 the AI of course will not be as sophisticated at 2016 get over yourselves. 60 bucks gets you games that don't even work on release day these days so 10 bucks for a great fully functioning game? Sounds good to me
  16. Jan 23, 2016
    Sometimes fun but mainly boring, frustrating, stupid. Just some words which I would use to describe FC2.

Why? Well, lets examine the above in more detail. Sometimes fun: Weapons are fun to use and there's lots to choose from. Battles are generally fun. The graphics are quite impressive. The vehicles handle well. Many characters to choose from. The environmental sound is good.

Why? Well, lets examine the above in more detail.

Boring: Driving, driving, driving and more driving or other transportation. Running through outposts, monotonously killing NPC's every time you have a mission is ridiculous. Music is above average but very repetitive. I noticed that if I fire my weapon, even when there's no enemies around, the music changes from "ambient" to "battle" - not terribly smart? Frustrating: There are good mixed points with the bad and it's hard to understand why the game irritates. At times I couldn't wait to finish it just to be done with it (I didn't even bother finishing it the first time). Other times I because quite engrossed with the gun fights, especially towards the end. Random save points around the area don't make sense as "quick save" can be used unless they server as a "reminder" to save. Voice dialogue is rushed and flat. I actually believe that I could do better.
  17. Jan 2, 2016
    The story begins with a long jeep ride. Longer than expected.

The story begins with a long jeep ride. Longer than expected.

After a while, a crucial item appears and indicates one of the reasons why the main character in Far Cry 2 is not like the others. It is malaria, a disease that greatly disturbs the protagonist (and the player) throughout the plot. The race for remedies is occasionally performed through connections with Underground, the only group of people who have links to medical resources.

Learning little by little about the plot, the gamer soon discovers that there is a side "Blood Diamond" (feature film with actor Leonardo DiCaprio) in the game. There are some critics and players who risk affirm that there are also strong characteristics of the Grand Theft Auto series in the continuation of Far Cry, as the character acts most of the time as a mercenary and is capable of causing destruction monstrous.

Far Cry 2 is for those people q ve just want the circus catch fire EX: Burning, destroying and killing are three of the many pillars that the game offers with regard to the action first-person perspective.

Unfortunately, the game is just that. As the missions are clichés, the plot is weak and there is an incredible amount of graphics problems, you can not classify Far Cry 2 as a conquering game. It can be said that there are a number of innovations in the dynamics of the title, but the potential is exploited precariously, to the misfortune of the fans.

The graphics are reasonable with constant rendering errors and happens a lot to see u defined surfaces and objects initially in a way, and a few meters away, changed completely.

Weapons explode a box can cause the shooting interestingly projectiles. The way fire spreads by vegetation causes a curious effect. But the fire itself - much like water - it's no wonder the virtual nature. The format of some bodies of animals and people is intriguing to a first contact, but the interaction with them is enraivecedora.

The game is repetitive wanting to make u to stop playing and never return to it, Far Cry 2 is a reasonable play, because the amount of technical problems is annoying and considerably hinders the gameplay, since the visuals should be the innovation game. There are few differences between the versions of the consoles and the PC
  18. Dec 18, 2015
    For a 2007 game I would say: wow, such game, very enjoy, so unique, much scare, very explore, but why too many not like, probably because they're kids or big kids.
  19. Nov 23, 2015
    The game is just amazing. I love play this game. For me this game is amazing ! Nothing more to comment because this game is amazing ! I rate this 10/10
  20. Nov 4, 2015
    There is something about the experience of boating down a river in this game that just gets everything perfectly right. The marauding adventures accross the game's locations are ripe with opportunity for spontaneous stories. This game can deliver small doses of stunningly brilliant awesomeness.

Sadly, it just doesn't work in the long-term. I made the mistake of marathoning this game. And that's just not what it was designed for. In order to get past the constant annoyances, respawning threats, and repetitive criss-crossing of the same space, you need to keep putting it down and coming back to it every few days. It promises that you can get lost in its world...but then takes every opportunity to frustrate you when you actually try to do just that. For a particular kind of schedule, it could be perfect. For mine, It never has been.

So I say to give this one a pass. Carry on to the excellent sequels, and be happy.
  21. Oct 3, 2015
    Far Cry 2 is realistic, beautiful, and some parts of it feel extremely awesome, but overall, the game is flat, sometimes boring with tons of flaws in its gameplay, story, and graphics.
  22. Sep 14, 2015
    Do you like LOTS of awkward keyboard/mouse driving and shooting the same 5 guerrillas you just killed a moment ago because they respawn so quickly? If so, I have a game for you!

If not, skip a buggy, boring FPS sandbox that should be no more than a footnote in the development of this type of game design. BUG NOTES: For some players, the game will have "jumping" NPCs as their walking

BUG NOTES: For some players, the game will have "jumping" NPCs as their walking animations stutter. This is a game-breaking bug, because it also prevents critical mission dialog from finishing (instead it will loop from the beginning and cut off repeatedly). The reason is (for me at least) that game will start with V-Sync defaulted to "OFF" to get higher FPS. If you have a high end machine you may need to turn it on to fix the problem. Other users found that installing a different version of directX solved the problem. Not hard to fix, but I don't buy a game planning to troubleshoot it for the devs (as though they even cared to patch it at this point).
  23. Jul 14, 2015
    Juego sencillo en su jugabilidad que cumple las espectativas, acción asegurada. Le falta una historia pegadiza, si es que lo que tiene se puede llamar historia, quizás no la entendí(?).
  24. May 23, 2015
    Far Cry 2 is a very beautiful game taking place in a African style open world where you have to do a total of 30 missions. The game soon works on your nerves, since all missions look the same or a somewhat similar. On top of that there is malaria, jamming weapons and sharp shooting never missing enemies. The missions take place all over the map and to get there you have to clean roadblocksFar Cry 2 is a very beautiful game taking place in a African style open world where you have to do a total of 30 missions. The game soon works on your nerves, since all missions look the same or a somewhat similar. On top of that there is malaria, jamming weapons and sharp shooting never missing enemies. The missions take place all over the map and to get there you have to clean roadblocks which magically reappears the next time you come there. It very soon becomes a boring repetitive battle which is pity since its graphics are stunning for its time. Expand
  25. Mar 6, 2015
    I was bored with this game sooner than expected. Sure I am playing it now, and maybe, for it's day, it was fine.
    The graphics seemed to impress me even in 2015, as they feel more real (to properer scale?), than even Far cry 4. But that's about it. I think it it very repetitive mission-wise and it's tedious to travel from point a to point b. The enemies also look and play quite awkward. I did finished it, but it was from pure stubbornness.
  26. Feb 2, 2015
    Far Cry 2 is an open world first-person shooter developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. It was released on October 21, 2008.Far Cry 2 is a sequel to the original Far Cry. The game features an open-ended experience. Players are able to ally with one or multiple factions, and to progress through the game world and missions as they see fit, resulting in a nonlinear style ofFar Cry 2 is an open world first-person shooter developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. It was released on October 21, 2008.Far Cry 2 is a sequel to the original Far Cry. The game features an open-ended experience. Players are able to ally with one or multiple factions, and to progress through the game world and missions as they see fit, resulting in a nonlinear style of gameplay commonly referred to as sandbox mode that allows the story to progress at their speed and in the order they choose.[7] Players can use a range of vehicles, including cars, trucks, boats and hang gliders, to travel within the 50 km2 (19 sq mi) gameplay area. The playing styles range from head-on assaults to stealthy infiltrations and assassinations. The game takes place in a sprawling African landscape, with terrain ranging from desert to savannah to jungle. Expand
  27. Dec 1, 2014
    This is an action packed, beautiful and challanging adventure in the jungle. Everytime the sun turns the blue sky red and casts its beams through the giant towering jungle trees i feel the chill. The AI enemy is unpredicteble, often i found myself just walking between objectives when suddenly somebody starts fire at you with ak47, scaring the absolute **** out of me. Everytime you die, youThis is an action packed, beautiful and challanging adventure in the jungle. Everytime the sun turns the blue sky red and casts its beams through the giant towering jungle trees i feel the chill. The AI enemy is unpredicteble, often i found myself just walking between objectives when suddenly somebody starts fire at you with ak47, scaring the absolute **** out of me. Everytime you die, you start from a safehouse, witch gives survival in this game a real meaning and planning your route is vital. Your carracter never speaks, giving me a chance to put my own face on the caracter and imagine myself in the role as a struggeling adventurer in the jungle. I have played through the campain 3 times now, and my heart still beats for this masterpiece Expand
  28. Dec 1, 2014
    This is a great game. It has very little to do with the first far cry, which aside from the open concept and good graphics was annoying, so that's good. The game is visually stunning and really gives the feeling of blundering around a rural African state (yes I have actually been to some). The gameplay is a bit repetitive but not enough to make the game boring before at least the firstThis is a great game. It has very little to do with the first far cry, which aside from the open concept and good graphics was annoying, so that's good. The game is visually stunning and really gives the feeling of blundering around a rural African state (yes I have actually been to some). The gameplay is a bit repetitive but not enough to make the game boring before at least the first play-through, and I found the environment and integration of gameplay, characters and objectives into that environment refreshing and new. Expand
  29. Nov 26, 2014
    This was a pretty good game that tried a whole bunch of new stuff for an open world shooter. I really liked it and found a lot of the criticism silly ....
  30. Oct 18, 2014
    The plot is as thin as they come. The characters are poorly fleshed out, and the voice acting is atrocious. Far Cry 2 has very little redeemable qualities in its campaign.
    What Far Cry does well is a very large interesting world, that creates a good atmosphere and really let's you explore away.
    However the AI is rather weak, and there are so many glitches I had to quit the game twice for a while. One mission I spent 2 hours trying to get through a door which wouldn't open, and another I was supposed to talk to someone that wasn't there.
    My original plan was to stealth the game. Travel at night, silenced weapons and scouting camp sites. But it is a while before you get all silenced weapons, and the camo suit, and once you do have it, the dodgy AI makes stealthing too awkward to do.

The Buddy System was a cool idea, only let down by the AI and the character use limitations. The game is extremely repetitive, and any choices you are given seem meaningless.

The best Far Cry experience I've had is Instincts, which has a far more interesting story and much more exciting stealth elements.
  31. Oct 14, 2014
    confusing game at first play, but this game was really good at graphics and weapons (and ram people with Trucks). okay just it i can say, the rest is like **** ever, like gameplay (so repetitive, like you kill this and done and you kill this again and done, most i hate is a Jeep guys always annoy me), sound (the actor voice is wtf, so fast and very annoying i think), and some huge maps iconfusing game at first play, but this game was really good at graphics and weapons (and ram people with Trucks). okay just it i can say, the rest is like **** ever, like gameplay (so repetitive, like you kill this and done and you kill this again and done, most i hate is a Jeep guys always annoy me), sound (the actor voice is wtf, so fast and very annoying i think), and some huge maps i didnt like (there is no Quick Travel to some place, "the bad guy always know you! even you riding a car with black window tints"). give this 7/10 just for Primary objective in this game and 2/10 in secondary objective in this game Expand
  32. Oct 8, 2014
    I loved Far Cry and Far Cry 3... I hated this game.

I loved Far Cry and Far Cry 3... I hated this game.

First, this game has next to nothing to do with the original Far Cry other than being an FPS. One of the most enjoyable parts of FC was the lush tropical environment. This game's sophisticated graphics are marred by the tan/brown/beige palette used. The resulting African setting is so ugly, bland, and monochromatic it adds to the tediousness of the game.

Game play has design flaws with poor AI, weapons that rapidly decompose, and a terrible gaming innovation, incurable malaria.

This "sandbox" is huge and takes much of your gaming time just getting from point A to point B. Sadly, the large world has very little of interest to do in it and is painfully ugly.

Skip this installment of Far Cry franchise. The original Far Cry and FC3 are on a completely different level from this poorly designed misfire.
  33. Oct 8, 2014
    First off, I'm not reviewing this as a sequel to Far Cry. It's made by different people with a different aim, so there really isn't much point comparing them.

The game is a First person shooter set in an African environment, where you must work to bring down an arms dealer who is supplying arms to sides in local conflicts, causing death and misery, Boo! You play a mercenary who will bring down this criminal, by going to the conflict zone and shooting dead hundreds upon hundreds of people with arms he buys with blood diamonds. Yay you! Anyway, how does it look? Ok. Nothing really spectacular or worth mentioning, it is there, it functions but is tends to get rather bland with the colours sometimes, but I won't hold it against it. So graphics get a good mark from me, except for the fire which looks very 2D.

Now, the gameplay itself. Let's start with the combat, as it is a shooter after all. All the weapons feel and look good for the most part. Some seem similar, but most manage to feel like different guns. Shame that there is a God awful degradation system in effect. Most weapons you get from enemies seem to have seen better centuries and will jam constantly or just outright explode. Never when the enemy has them, it only happens to you. You need to buy new weapons from arms dealers (these ones are nice weapon sellers apparently) to actually get one that works like it's supposed to. So the weapon degradation is annoying and poorly but stops short at being game ruining.

What doesn't stop short however, is the AI. It is so rubbish. Enemies aren't good at taking cover, or more often than not just randomly walk in the open towards you. They can't shoot straight, can't think of approaching you from any angle apart from the direct one, and just in general are rubbish. This makes all the action scenes seem rather pointless and undermining. I'm supposed to be fearing for my life in fire fights, not just sitting near a rock shooting people as they trundle towards me or act like jack-in-the-boxes. When your shooter actually fails at the combat section, it isn't a good sign.

To get around the map you have access to some trusty cars. Well, I say trusty, they tend to break down a lot, which is fixed by a few seconds of twiddling in the engine, which isn't making me feel like I'm fixing it or I have to take care of it, it's just a hassle that no one would notice if it wasn't there.

The actual gameplay itself is really bad. Get mission from some person, drive there, kill people, come back and get paid in diamonds (Good thing you are here to help stop this guy who is causing all this conflict!) Getting to your location, normally miles away, involves driving through camps filled with constantly respawning enemies. Once you cleared everyone from the camp you can literally just walk about a hundred meters away and then everyone there has respawned. If it was a sandbox you could just go round them, but no, the natural corridors force you through them, again, and again, and again.
    Every time you want to go somewhere you have to have yet another pointless and repetitive (and boring) fight. There are no friendly forces who can take over the place even, Despite working for one of the sides in this war they tell you that "Our boys won't recognise you", which should be read as "We didn't want to program a reputation system in". This is one of the games worst offenders, the totally painful firefights it forces you into again and again against the mediocre AI.

Another big weakness is the voice acting. I will say without doubt that it is the worst voice acting I have ever heard in a game. I'm including games like Deep Fear in that. This game is worse. At least in others they try. This game the voice actors sound like they have been dragged from some office, sedated, lobotomised and then told that if they show any emotion or, indeed, talent, they will be killed. I have yet to hear a line spoken as if it was a human doing it. Microsoft Sam is a better voice talent than these people.

So in the end, we have a open world shooter that isn't open world and isn't a very good shooter. For a game with a good budget behind it which promised lots it has delivered us a repetitive and poorly done shooter that fails at being good at shooting
  34. Oct 4, 2014
    I guess this game is one of those "love them or hate them". I must say it is one of my totally favourite games ever. Everything from graphics to story really works for me, it allows different scenario gameplay styles, different approaches and if I dont want to, Im not bored for a second. AI of enemies is surprisingly good, they flank you, get alerted quite often and so on. Also the systemI guess this game is one of those "love them or hate them". I must say it is one of my totally favourite games ever. Everything from graphics to story really works for me, it allows different scenario gameplay styles, different approaches and if I dont want to, Im not bored for a second. AI of enemies is surprisingly good, they flank you, get alerted quite often and so on. Also the system of discovering resources as opposition to completing missions is quite clever. Scale of weapons is quite large, theyre not adjustable in terms of different equipment for them, but that doesnt matter. Physics in this game are superb, I really do enjoy setting things on fire or throwing things up. for 2008 game, this is excellent, half of nowadays games dont have physics like this.
    The main point of this game are graphics and environment. I have to admit, the graphics and the map design here is quite excellent - the locations are superb, the changing of weather and environment (from desert to jungle-ish environment) is perfect and it is more a virtual holidays for me than a game.
    Of course there are few flaws, like static aim with sniper rifle - no breath movement, but its nothing compared to the feeling from this game.
    I played this game like 8 times at single player and still Im finding something new - definitely recommended to anyone with love for exceptional FPS experience.
  35. Sep 13, 2014
    Amazing game with really good graphics but a little confusing story. Had a glitch or two also on the last mission but I really enjoyed it on PC and then on Xbox360. I recommend it to anyone that likes Open World FPS.
  36. Sep 3, 2014
    Unpopular opinon: I like Far Cry 2 more than Far Cry 3.

The cons first: - Super repetitious gameplay. Once you clear an outpost, it stays clear until you enter a safe house and save your game, then it repopulates with guards. This wouldn't be as annoying if you didn't spend as much time driving as you did. - You spend too much time driving around. - Outpost guards chase you
    Unpopular opinon: I like Far Cry 2 more than Far Cry 3.

The cons first:
    - You spend too much time driving around.
    - Outpost guards chase you 100% of the time if you don't painstakingly clear them out first.
    - The game's story is the same no matter which character you pick.
    - Malaria is pointless and only services the Heart of Darkness subtext.
    - The world is empty. No civilians, virtually no wildlife.
    - There is little reason to explore.
    - Side quests feel like filler.

The good:
    + The weapons are diverse and fun to use.
    + Gun play is very fun.
    + The world is super detailed and the graphics have held up really well.
    + Dylan's mod and graphics enhancement mods add to these strengths.

With so few positives, why do I like this game more than Far Cry 3? Like Far Cary 3, 2's story is very much a descent into madness. The Heart of Darkness overtones beat you over the head, yet the journey into madness is much more subtle. There are no hallucinogenic mushroom sequences and no schizophrenic QTE boss encounters or combat with a giant lava beast here. Only a man with malaria alone in a hostile (if empty) wilderness trying not to die. The realism mods that exist for this game improve combat and make many of the repetitive gameplay elements more endurable. I've had a lot of fun replaying this game with Dylan's mod for the added challenge. Stealth is also more viable with this mod whereas before it was basically broken.
  37. Jun 2, 2014
    There is nothing wrong with this game EXCEPT for the bullet-sponge enemies; this I can definitely attest to. Far Cry 2 is tough as nails but if you actually have a backbone then you should be willing to accept the challenge. The hyper-realism in this game really works and the self-op elements such as looking for medicine, fixing your car, repairing your weapons add an amount of tensionThere is nothing wrong with this game EXCEPT for the bullet-sponge enemies; this I can definitely attest to. Far Cry 2 is tough as nails but if you actually have a backbone then you should be willing to accept the challenge. The hyper-realism in this game really works and the self-op elements such as looking for medicine, fixing your car, repairing your weapons add an amount of tension that is truly hard to come by. The environment is eerily barren with the exception of some wildebeest and about 6000 mercenaries. Fire mechanics are something special and the combination of a rapidly spreading fire and a gunfight with twenty mercs never gets old. If you want a really brutal experience that doesn't resort to cheap arcade tricks then give this a try, but this should be required reading for all FPS fans. Expand
  38. May 1, 2014
    Brilliant game. No fancy schmancy crafting. No lame RPG crap. No HUD. No hand holding. No Jason Brody. FC2 is the essence of immersive gaming. Clean, beautiful, realistic.
  39. Apr 12, 2014
    Far Cry 2 is honestly, not for everyone, due to its enormous flaws. For example, the side missions are repetitive and it can take you a lotta time until you drive or run to the places you need to go, plus the story and endings are disappointing and boring. But, between all the mist, there's some hope. First, the graphics are great. How about glide to the top of a rocky mountain as youFar Cry 2 is honestly, not for everyone, due to its enormous flaws. For example, the side missions are repetitive and it can take you a lotta time until you drive or run to the places you need to go, plus the story and endings are disappointing and boring. But, between all the mist, there's some hope. First, the graphics are great. How about glide to the top of a rocky mountain as you watch the sun set with the graphics pumped up at "Ultra High"? Plus, the Dunia engine is great, and it contributes a lot to the gameplay. For example, do you notice that the wind is blowing in the direction of your enemies? Start a fire and it will spread and burn your enemies. Or you can shoot an ammo box and hope that one of the random shooting bullets will hit your enemies. Or you can blow up the building they're in.

Basically, don't count on an intriguing story or in depth characters. But heck, the gameplay's a blast! And it makes it worthy of playing!
  40. Apr 7, 2014
    Far Cry 2. This may upset some people, but I did not like Far Cry 1 all that much. It was okay, however, after I played the game Crysis, I felt like the original was nothing more than a tech demo version of that. This is not surprising as they were both made by the exact same developer. As for the sequel, it is actually more of a brand new game than a real sequel. It is this wayFar Cry 2. This may upset some people, but I did not like Far Cry 1 all that much. It was okay, however, after I played the game Crysis, I felt like the original was nothing more than a tech demo version of that. This is not surprising as they were both made by the exact same developer. As for the sequel, it is actually more of a brand new game than a real sequel. It is this way because it has a completely different setting, and has nothing to do with the events of Far Cry 1. This should go without saying that you do not need to play Far Cry 1 before you play Far Cry 2. So does this open world shooter bring more wows than its predecessor, or was the new setting crappy and dull enough to make this game suck? Let's find out. This game's gameplay is absolutely spectacular. It is a truly open world first person shooter with few enclosed environments, and very few loading screens. As stated, this game is open world. You get to do what you want, and not even care about the story of this game. The open world is done very well. There are many missions you can undertake outside of the main story, and there are many more things to do. The first person shooter elements are handled quite well too. This game plays like your average first person shooter, using WASD to move, and the mouse to fire and all that stuff. One element in this game that is very unique to the gameplay (aside from combining the open world and shooter genres), is how realistic it all is. This game is literally the most realistic game I have ever played. This adds several good elements to the game, but it also adds a few bad ones. Healing is a good one. Along with this, being a character struck with malaria also adds a nice twist to make the game a little bit harder than your average shooter. However, one bad thing about this element of realism is that weapons have a tendency to jam. The more you use your weapon, the dirtier it gets, and the more likely it is to jam. When a weapon jams, you have a few precious seconds to unjam it before it explodes in your face and you have to replace it. Another problem with this game is how redundant it is. It is not Call of Duty levels redundant, however, it is redundant enough to get annoying. For example, there is so much back tracking to do in just about all of this game's missions, and this usually leads you to encounters at enemy bases you have already cleared. Redundancy and realism aside, the gameplay is still really good. As for the graphics, this game handles them well too. The graphics in this game are absolutely stunning. They are among the best graphics I've ever seen in a video game. All the textures in this game are very beautiful, and very detailed. The characters look good enough, but the setting is the most beautiful part. As a matter of fact, the setting is so well designed, that it may as well be the best part of the entire game. It is set in Africa, and it shows, through its amazing savannah, and its beautiful jungles. Even the cities and villages in this game look beautiful. The graphics in this game are so beautiful it's crazy. As for the story, it falls under the pretty good, but not great category. Basically, you are a mercenary sent to kill an arms dealer named the Jackal who has armed both sides of a conflict in an unknown African nation. The premise alone is very good, however, the character development in this game is pretty bad. None of the characters are well developed, and you never learn anything about them. The setting of this game somewhat makes up for this, however, there is one problem with it that I just can't get over: not enough African wildlife. There are only a few zebras and wildebeests here and there, and not much else. The story of this game is pretty good overall, but not as good as it could be. Overall, I'd say that this game is quite good. It is not the best game ever made or anything, however, it is still very good, and worth playing through. I recommend this game to anyone who just wants to play a shooter set in Africa. This game would suit them perfectly
    Gameplay: 8/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 7/10
    Overall: 8/10
  41. Mar 31, 2014
    aint that good, aint that bad. just loved the free roam thingy and environment. car seems to have too precise handling though (really!? offroad driving is better than onroad? unrealistic but acceptable). the game is too lonely, it is like you vs whole africa. buddies dont help that much, very minimum appearance in fighting. its always me that had to watch out for their asses. storyline?aint that good, aint that bad. just loved the free roam thingy and environment. car seems to have too precise handling though (really!? offroad driving is better than onroad? unrealistic but acceptable). the game is too lonely, it is like you vs whole africa. buddies dont help that much, very minimum appearance in fighting. its always me that had to watch out for their asses. storyline? ok i guess. combined with my imaginations (like im a special forces commando, parachuting out in the middle of africa to do top tier missions, or kick everyone's asses, dicks, and everything nice!) the storyline progress is not exciting but not enough to overbored me, still boring though. i dunno if you guys noticed but most automatic weapons have crappy sound effect. like ak47, i shot just and only one bullet, but the sound effect indicates two shots, HUD display indicates one shot. i thing its just looping around. i also love being stealth, cause its so easy as the enemy didnt finish their preschool (maybe AI is scripted "do not shoot the player if he is ducking in grass, even if you can see them clearly, cause he is taking a **** in that case they do finish preschool but the script maker didnt went at all). good idea on enemy outposts, but after 30 minute, it is getting very annoying. anyways, still playing it though cause newer games are also crappier than ever. thanks A LOT ubisoft.

*Dont even think about criticising my imaginations, I WENT PRESCHOOL!!!!!
  42. Mar 19, 2014
    What ruins the very good atmosphere of this game for me is just that all you do is shoot people, then drive to another place on the other side of the map, get attacked by some outpost people only to shoot more people at the place you were headed! I DON'T CARE ABOUT GOOD GRAFICS IF THE GAMEPLAY IS JUST ANNOYING! I have no idea if the story is good, I didn't want to play it for long.
  43. Mar 18, 2014
    The issue with Far Cry 2 is that it's marketed incorrectly. They sell it as a shooter and so people think they should run around and engage enemies whenever they see them. If you try to do that in Far Cry 2, you'll die - first in the game, then of boredom.

It's a realistic, stealth based shooter and that's how it should be treated. Imagine that you're actually running around in Africa trying to survive and you'll do better. You avoid combat unless you need not to or have a great advantage, if you are discovered by a multitude of enemies, you wreak havoc and run for your life. You infiltrate during the night, not the daytime. You don't drive around on the road near checkpoints in a country at war. You kill without mercy and you get better at it as the game goes on. Not through XP and levels, but just by improving. That's an amazing experience in itself.

If you think carefully, stealth around a bit and plan your approach, there's literally no game ever made that'll reward you like this one will. You can choose to go in hard with granades and LMGs, or snipe from a hill top or sneak up close and take them down one at a time (or not take them down and just do what you came for). You'll pull off amazing infiltrations and assassinations, you'll experience an enemy truly scared of you and you play a story that transcends any attempted in a shooter before. Based on Conrad's great novel "The Heart of Darkness" (like Apocalypse Now is), you'll get an interesting and raw approach to Africa and the wars that ravage the continent. This game actually has something to say and it knows how to say it. It is, however, not a sandbox, casual fun shooter and it was a mistake to market it as such.

A word of advice, put the game on top difficulty. The AI seems broken on the lower ones and the game doesn't become too hard on the hardest one. Just as long as you remember that if you're outnumbered five to one and they know where you are, you're not going to win. At least not always.
  44. Feb 25, 2014
    I think average score 5.7 to this date is still quite high for this game. Almost non existing story, very limited options what to do, along with some most unrealistic elements (the most crappy cars have gps, you always repair any car and tons of more) this game is one of the most boring 3rd person action on the market. The gameplay is so repetitive, that it gets boring even during theI think average score 5.7 to this date is still quite high for this game. Almost non existing story, very limited options what to do, along with some most unrealistic elements (the most crappy cars have gps, you always repair any car and tons of more) this game is one of the most boring 3rd person action on the market. The gameplay is so repetitive, that it gets boring even during the tutorial itself. There is very little to prise about Far cry 2 other than graphics. Expand
  45. Feb 2, 2014
    Most overrated FPS ever, makes COD franchise look good. FC1 was great, FC3 was good, FC2 simply falls flat on its face.
    It has Great graphics, the African landscape was great but devoid of any fauna(bye bye realism) The shooting mechanic is mediocre but the stupid AI completely ruined it all. As for the Open World, here is a piece of advice to developers. Open World games are fun only when it is fun to explore. The map is horrendous, the vehicles are crap and break down with 3 shots (fck authenticity) with arcade like physics(maybe to please casual gamers) and the first person driving is horrendous with your dashboard and your FAIL-ATTEMPT-TO-BE-UNIQUE map taking up 75% of your view. And those irritating checkpoints...made doing side quest a hell.
    Here is a scenerio. You travel to one edge of the map for a quest, to reach there you have to kill all the baddies in the checkpoints again, like 3-4 of them..around 10 mins travel time. Quest tells you to go to a place which takes 20 mins to reach, and again go through those checkposts killing all those respawned enemies. If you spend 20 hrs on this game, 15 hrs will be spent traveling and re-killing everything you killed few moments ago.
    And plz lets not go into the "malaria" system. ughhh..
    I uninstalled it after 5 hours of play, just to get my money's worth(in vain) cuz it was simply unplayable..
  46. Jan 30, 2014
    The best Open World shooter made by Ubisoft. Is more open world than Far Cry 3. Then really knows "Open world design". If you didn't play this game, play it. And if you play Far Cry 3 and you don't like it for an unknown reason play this game and you will find out the reason.
  47. Jan 10, 2014
    очень скучная. Очень. ужасно скучная. Невероятно. Но за графику и за огонь она от меня зарабатывает 2. А в остальном... Даже писать не хочется. Сюжета нормального нету, игра практически линейная.
  48. Jan 3, 2014
    Far Cry 2 is just wow, The graphics for the year 2008 are absolutely excellent for this time. You can actually see your hands when the door opens and in a lot of games of this time, that doesn't happen. It has a great storyline as well. The weapons are all amazing but the problem is the enemy weapons jam which is understandable because those are in poor conditions and sometimes even theFar Cry 2 is just wow, The graphics for the year 2008 are absolutely excellent for this time. You can actually see your hands when the door opens and in a lot of games of this time, that doesn't happen. It has a great storyline as well. The weapons are all amazing but the problem is the enemy weapons jam which is understandable because those are in poor conditions and sometimes even the weapons that you buy jam. That is my only negative of Far Cry 2. Expand
  49. Dec 14, 2013
    With an emphasis on realism and dirty, African politics rather than sex and drugs, I feel that this game's setting makes it superior to Far Cry 3. However, it is not without its faults. A bad fast travel system and horribly long and boring distances make a car essential, and even then, you still travel through the same guard-infested checkpoints hundreds of times. Stealth and tactics are aWith an emphasis on realism and dirty, African politics rather than sex and drugs, I feel that this game's setting makes it superior to Far Cry 3. However, it is not without its faults. A bad fast travel system and horribly long and boring distances make a car essential, and even then, you still travel through the same guard-infested checkpoints hundreds of times. Stealth and tactics are a must, as you are constantly outnumbered and cannot simply run and gun your way through missions. Far Cry 2: Fun gameplay lightly sprinkled amongst long portions of tedious travelling. Expand
  50. Dec 8, 2013
    This is a really fun, really good game. Let's the the AI out of the way first. It's very impressive, the way they react to your every move. If you stumble upon a small outpost of like 5-7 enemies, they might not give chase if you take off right away, but if you charge into a stronghold like outpost, with something like 20 guys, they'll hop into cars and chase you until they kill you, orThis is a really fun, really good game. Let's the the AI out of the way first. It's very impressive, the way they react to your every move. If you stumble upon a small outpost of like 5-7 enemies, they might not give chase if you take off right away, but if you charge into a stronghold like outpost, with something like 20 guys, they'll hop into cars and chase you until they kill you, or you manage to shake them off. The graphics for this game are pretty, and I'm never disappointed with the graphics, I'm just not always in awe, which is okay. The NPC "buddies" system is really cool. If you save a guy from a outpost, in free roam or mission, he will them become your 'buddy". This is cool already, but get this: One time I was running on foot, with little health and no syringes. Suddenly I get brought down from a accurate enemy shot, and then I think i'm dead. After a short black screen, the game comes back to one of my NPC buddies helping me up, and handing me a weapon. Then me and him get into an epic firefight against the remaining 8 enemies. We actually won, but the realistic manner in which the enemy attacked was marvelous. I was amazed how a few of them left to run through the foliage to get a better shooting position on our exposed flanks, while the percentage of the enemies stayed and continued to engage us head-on. My NPC buddy was also very helpful in combat, and he actually killed a couple more guys than I did. The whole firefight lasted something like 10 mins, and to this day was one of the most epic non-scripted video game firefights I've been in. Expand
  51. Nov 28, 2013
    [x] No prone, lean left or right. The quickiest way to get a bullet out of your own arm is to shoot at the meat hole again with a handgun since this game is all (gamespot) loony-arcade any way. The sniper rifle is all arcade, you don't want to compare this to other games like STALKER and Crysis. It has something new like changing the time of the day to play (setting the clock to sleep).[x] No prone, lean left or right. The quickiest way to get a bullet out of your own arm is to shoot at the meat hole again with a handgun since this game is all (gamespot) loony-arcade any way. The sniper rifle is all arcade, you don't want to compare this to other games like STALKER and Crysis. It has something new like changing the time of the day to play (setting the clock to sleep).
    [x] New: burning bushes keep spreading bigger through the wild grass areas preventing bots getting closer to you (too bad it didn't burn down the whole forrest).
    [x] New: obscene surgical wound fixing scenes, too bad they didn't reload your human arm like a double barrel shotgun snap it (human arm) open and loading 2 short chunk of bones (buckshot/shells) into 2 hollow meat holes in the angle-opened human arm (Manga animations).
    [x] Buggy iron sight: Can't shoot at a target when the iron sight is not blocked by a tree, so player has to stand up from crouching before he can shoot at the bot.
    [x] This is modern day Quake 3 Arena or UT. Half of this game is arcade.
    [x] As for the guard posts (check points), you can drive off-road to skip past most of them, that needs expert off-road racing skills, reading the map like crazy as you speed past tightly between trees and rocks. Most players didn't like this game due to the need of advanced PC gamer skills. Bots has the ability of tracking your trails, they will find your hiding place if you don't get inside a vehicle and speed off.
    [x] Very few bots just repawn and went dumb in place and has no ineraction/repsonse to the present of the player, just went straight up to his face and tuck a grenade in his mouth!
    [x] You got shot: To view the health level, press the reload key for your gun. As the health bar are auto-hid once nothing happens. Pressing the reload ammo key bring up the HUD for ammo counts and health level.
    I think there are 8 smaller bars in the health bar. If a burst of shots hitted you and it only cost 1 bar, but it removed 2 bars in the health bar before it “regen” 1 bar back so it has 6 bars left at first, then back to 7 bars as long as you takes cover and avoid getting shot. In another word, actual damage is 10%, but it take away 20% right away, then soon “refund” the 10% overcharged!
    Some shots only graves your skins, those shots are usually far distanced shots (near misses), your health bar dropped a little bit before it recharge back to the fullest as long as you takes cover & avoid getting hit more.
  52. Nov 12, 2013
    Incredibly dull and repetetive. Instead of feeling like you're looking forward to a fight every time the same land rover appears with the same troops in yet again all you think is, "damn, I'm going to waste ammo and damage my weapon and get nothing for it". Add to this that every mission seems to send you to the 4 corners of the map and you have a recipe for disaster. I feel as though theIncredibly dull and repetetive. Instead of feeling like you're looking forward to a fight every time the same land rover appears with the same troops in yet again all you think is, "damn, I'm going to waste ammo and damage my weapon and get nothing for it". Add to this that every mission seems to send you to the 4 corners of the map and you have a recipe for disaster. I feel as though the developers are punishing you for having the temerity to play this game. Expand
  53. Oct 2, 2013
    One of the best games ever made, Far Cry 2 made the best free-world I have ever seen, with one of the history's of video game history, and the best graphics at the time which are still good today.
  54. Sep 26, 2013
    A misunderstood game. People bash it for being repetitive, when it's really no more repetitive than the player.
    The progress you get for doing missions are diamonds, which means new equipment, which means new ways to approach and deal with what Africa throws at you. It gives you plenty of toys, but it seems the average player sticks with the full-auto approach the whole way through.

The AI is not dumb, the game just isn't holding your hand with visual/audible pointers of how close you are to being spotted.
    They can get suspicious, team up to search the area they saw something in, or they'll deem it safe enough to check out alone.
    They'll carry their wounded, hear a body dropping to the ground if it's close enough, they'll attack the last position they saw you in, they'll lose track of you.
    Is it night? They'll have a harder time seeing you.
    Is it windy and/or raining? They'll have a harder time seeing you.
    Is it broad daylight? Take big detours and watch out for snipers if you want to stay hidden.
    That's a heck of a lot more intelligence than the average FPS.
    They also feel human compared to other shooters, they'll shoot the breeze with each other when undisturbed, communicate with each other under combat, pep-talk, become terrified as they realize they're on their own with a guy who just killed everyone they worked with.

The game has flaws, such as enemies re-spawning when you get a certain distance away from a checkpoint (really though Far Cry 3's system meant there was nothing to do in an area ever again after clearing them). The lack of any friendly AI, and overly aggressive drivers that will not stop chasing you. The weapon degradation system is incomplete, with the only way to avoid it is to grab a new gun often. The malaria attacks doesn't really add anything but an annoyance. The buddy rescue system is a genius second-chance mechanic that won't abruptly end your story, but other than that the buddies are shallow and without use.

Immerse yourself in a game that 'll never take you out of your character's view, you'll reach out to grab stuff, you'll snap fingers back into place, pull shrapnel and bullets out of your arm. Watch your character pull and bang on his weapon when they jam. Even the shop shows you pull out the chair and sit down in front of an old monochrome monitor.
    Plan ahead with your equipment, scout the locations to look for opportunities, and watch the game react to your actions. There's nothing like starting a fire at a safe distance, and hear the AI panic, only to later have a rocket stash ignite and send rockets everywhere.
    The missions are simple because it's up to you to make it interesting with the mechanics the game provides. The world is a box of fireworks waiting to go off one by one. Don't put on blinders and look straight at the mission objective, the mission is also to get there. The journey is part of the mission, part of your story.

Overall, if you're the kind of person who likes to put some thought and creativity into his shooting, hates being led by the nose in his FPS, a game you can play over and over without it ever being the same, there's no game that will reward you more than Far Cry 2. And it remains my all-time top 5 single-player game.
  55. Sep 9, 2013
    Far Cry 2 is a flawed gem: a blood diamond in the rough, if you will. It's repetitive, frustrating and outright illogical in its design at times, and yet it manages to still be a good game: a solid game even.
    It's different to the first Far Cry in a lot of ways, and more punishing than FC3 so it falls into its own niche in the series.
    Graphically, it's one of the best of 2008. The jungle
    Graphically, it's one of the best of 2008. The jungle environments are lush and the lighting effects are gorgeous. It's gritty and realistic but done better than the majority of brown and bloom shooters.
    Gunplay is tight and brutal and rewards sneaking up on enemies. Having a friend/companion with you makes it all the more fun, and it can get really
    There is an emphasis on exploration and while it is rewarding and fun to find new locations your primary means of transport is a jeep. This would be fine if the driving mechanics weren't so awful.
    The survival elements are well designed and for the most part well implemented. There are also elements that make no sense, an example being guard outposts simply respawning their guards ridiculously quickly. A better way to do handle this could have involved new guards driving out the outpost from bases and replacing the old one: even if this happened in real-time it would take longer than vanilla FC2's magically respawning guards.
    All in all Far Cry 2 is nowhere near perfect but gets criticized a lot harder than I believe it should and I definitely recommend trying it out, especially if you played 3 and wanted something harder.
  56. Aug 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. SPOILERS!! GAME IS CRAP!!

dont even get me started with the mp that will be later, i bought the game for the sp and it was bad. i played ti for a few years on the console and it was terrible, bad controls too. but anyways what ruined the game fr me was it was forced on the player to be frustrating and unforgiving. like how cars go 40 mph max speed yet when an enemy chases you they can instantly catch yp to you from 200 feet away.

Or how the cars in the game break down CONSTANTLY, travling is a joke becuase i have to stop what im doing to clear an annoying checkpoint and ti will respawn when i go 500 feet away as the respawing is distance related) becuase the cars arnt reliable enough or fast enough that i can just travel through them. and then you can have your vehicle disabled becuase the enemies shot your body of the truck, not nessacirly the engine to be damaged. the game is repetitve and forces combat when i dont want to and thats why its hard to play. it has nothing to do with skill or tactics.

it would have been an 9/10 game if 1, vehicles didnt slow down to 5mph when someone shoots a few bullets in ANYWHERE on your car, and then chases you and instantly catches up when your 100 feet away somehow. they made the ai always catch yp, and they're terrible drivers anyways, they always crash intro trees and bridge walls when there pursuing. and the checkpoints shouldnt respawn when you go 5 mnutes away (really annoying when i killed a patrol car and it respawns while im driving its vehcile i stole from it in the first place.

really the game needed some sort of companion like fallout. i should be able to have a buddy (when my history is high enough) to travel with me and they can man guns and make the game a whole lot smoother. the rep system should also decrease the chance of getting chaced too, but everything was so poorly implemented in this game thats why i no longer play it, fallout is a much more advanced open world game and its much better. this game is just a poorly developed (but shockiling buietifull game) .

i tried to like it but let me tell you abut the MP

ITS AWEFULL, no weapon balence either, today i lit a guy on fire and was circle flanking him for a good 3 seconds of pure incinerary combat, and somehow he lived but died later though. and he didnt have the "shield" of invulnerability on him either. yes you are INVINCIPAL for 5 seconds or so whenyou spawn, which ruined an earlier match when i was capturing the last control point in uprising when i unloaded on him with ar15, but he had a "shield on so he killed me, and they advanced and took all the points, so i retreated when i got an mp5 and unloaded a whole clip in one guy in my base, a whole clip yes and he killed me with a few ar 15 rounds.

the mp was the same on the console, since its so trashy they could have focysed n better sp and a better developed mechanics.

sorry for typing my hands are stiff
  57. Jul 30, 2013
    Just repetitive. A complete disappointment. Huge open world, with nothing in it worth exploring. Generic world, generic enemies (which respawn after what feels like 30 seconds). Graphis etc. may be good, but the game offers no introduction, no interesting characters, no storyline. Somehow even the core mechanics, the shooting, didn't appeal to me, and the rather not so smart AI does notJust repetitive. A complete disappointment. Huge open world, with nothing in it worth exploring. Generic world, generic enemies (which respawn after what feels like 30 seconds). Graphis etc. may be good, but the game offers no introduction, no interesting characters, no storyline. Somehow even the core mechanics, the shooting, didn't appeal to me, and the rather not so smart AI does not improve the gaming experience. Expand
  58. ERB
    Jul 29, 2013
    Why does users hate this I mean It is an enjoyable game and very addicting as well.
  59. Jul 21, 2013
    Too much driving. Too much scavenging. Combat is very repetitive. Enemies spawn back way too quickly. And where is the story? Played 8 hours so far and I am sick and tired of it.
  60. Jul 19, 2013
    This version is a lot better than the 360 version modding made sure i didnt have to travel everywhere for pointless missions the graphics are very good on my rig the gameplay is very well done and i can mod out the annoyning things like malaria and gun jamming so the PC version is better because i can mod out all the annoyning elements
  61. Jun 16, 2013
    This game typifies everything that can go wrong with an open-world, sandbox-style game. It's a big, beautiful world to explore and most of what you do in it means absolutely nothing.

Getting from mission to mission is about as fun as the Park 'n Ride experience of commuting to the airport. Except, however, that in the case of air travel you might just be going someplace fun. In FC2, you're going to the next repetitive mission the writers painfully crafted on spare napkins while waiting for their order to come up at In-n-out. This is lazy, mass-produced content that rivals the story-telling depth of PONG.

You may enjoy Far Cry 2 if you enjoy these other things:

1) Standing in line at Disneyland as opposed to the ride itself
    2) The subtleties of watching paint dry
    3) Chatting with DMV Employees
    4) Waiting for Uranium to decay
    5) The uniqueness of IKEA furniture
  62. May 23, 2013
    The only redeeming quality in this game is the graphics.

The enemy AI is terrible but, they just stand there shooting, all you have to do is snipe them all out easily because they don't take cover or move about much. Somehow they manage to hit you from long distances while you're on the move inside a vehicle, rubbish. The vehicles all feel the same, even in GTA3 a very old game now
    The only redeeming quality in this game is the graphics.

The vehicles all feel the same, even in GTA3 a very old game now they managed to make you feel like you were driving different vehicles. Then, there's a hang glider, lol, pointless, no fun, gimmick.

The missions are all very similar, drive 10 minutes to go kill someone, blow a truck or deliver some documents. I think the developers have done it on purpose, how come the mission is always on the other end of the map, it makes you spend 90% of the driving. If the driving part was fun it wouldn't be so bad, but it's not, it doesn't even feel like driving, it feels like walking really fast with shaky camera, I think it's because the vehicles have only two velocities, you're stopped or moving, they forgot the acceleration part of driving.

Not sure if I consider the random missions a story, it makes little sense.
  63. May 12, 2013
    Far cry is a series of games where each game has almost nothing to do with any of the others in the series.

The original game was a highly linear FPS with an odd cheesy storyline that was basically a very weird version of Half-Life with absolutely terrible AI. Far Cry 2 takes place in a random "African" nation where you go around trying to find malaria pills and try to get to the

Far Cry 2 takes place in a random "African" nation where you go around trying to find malaria pills and try to get to the bottom of some conspiracy or another.

In place of the linear nature of Far Cry 1, FC2 throws you into a large world where you basically have free reign to go wherever you want, which is a welcome change.

Positives: Visually great, the graphics are nice.
    Nice open world to explore.
    gunplay is pretty fun.

Negatives: Guns have condition, and they have the reliability of an original M16 rifle in the deep jungle, usually, you can only put through a couple hundred rounds before most guns are basically completely useless.
    Respawning enemies, they respawn every couple minutes, meaning you MUST fight whenever you want to go anywhere at all.
    Mostly pointless story.
    90% of the guns you have are left-handed

In general, its a "meh" game that will keep you entertained for a while, though its not nearly as satisfying to play compared to the 3rd game in the series.
  64. May 4, 2013
    This is probably the most repetitive and flawed FPS I've every played. The story itself is pretty good and the environment is wonderful but everything else is horrible, horrible done. The design flaws are some of the worst I've ever had to contend with and has completely turned me off of this series.

The game advertises secondary quests and factions but they have absolutely no impact on the main game. The best way to play this game is to just do the main quest. While there are 2 factions everybody hates you all the time so working for a faction impacts only who gives you the mission. Each time you walk out the door they remind you they hate you. What is the use of having factions if everybody is your enemy. The game has many design flaws that probably sounded good on paper but were horrible in practice.

Let's start with the guard posts scattered throughout the maps. As you clean them out the map marks them as cleared and a counter lets you know how you're doing. Unfortunately if you go a little ways away and come back they are completely repopulated. Other than changing the icon on a map clearing out the posts serves no purpose whatsoever. I got to the point where I just ran through the post and only stopped if I had to.

The game requires that you micromanage your character. Guns jam, you have to take medicine periodically, cars break down and if you get low on health you have to use first aid or bleed to death. This all adds up to more focus on the character than combat. This game is most definitely a FPS because stealth just doesn't work here. As soon as you shoot anyone everyone knows where you're at and their accuracy is astonishing. I had 1 person shooting me with a pistol at long range, across a ravine, throw a wood wall and still kept hitting me.

Back to the health system. When your health gets really low you have to bandage or your die. No problem except the animation takes about 5 seconds and cannot be interrupted (except by enemy fire). And oh by the way the enemies can continue to attack. So if you're swarmed (which you often are by the end of the game) then you have no chance to recover so you reload. That's bad. Here's probably the most idiotic thing I've ever seen in a game it quick saves just before you start the long, uninterruptible animation. That means you get quick saves of the game just before you either get lucky and survive or you die. Whoever thought that was a good idea should never design a game again.

There are so many enemies running around in cars that you end up fighting more people getting to a mission (because the fast travel system isn't that fast) than in the mission itself. Even worse is that cars tend to not make any noise until they start shooting at you and if they are too close you cannot shoot back without getting out of the car.

Overall this game was not fun to play. I ran through most of the map just to get to a mission, stopping only when I had to. During the missions I went straight to the goal because nothing else had any impact anyway. Even the ending of the game where you had a choice to make had absolutely no impact on the ending. I cannot possible recommend this game to anyone other than a hard core FPS person who has nothing else to play. I remember when this game came out they advertised "realistic fire". Yes the fire looks awesome but if all I really wanted was to watch real fire I'd become a fireman. Clearly this game was sold based upon its name more than its design.
  65. Apr 27, 2013
    Far Cry 2 does not deserve a 5.6. It deserves an 8.7 IMO, because this game is amazing and was way ahead of its time. The fire spreads, which means that if you need to retreat, use molotovs, flame throwers, or the flare gun and create a fire boundary to keep your enemies at bay. Also, enemies are extremely realistic. If you surprise them they jump back, if they're on the ground they moanFar Cry 2 does not deserve a 5.6. It deserves an 8.7 IMO, because this game is amazing and was way ahead of its time. The fire spreads, which means that if you need to retreat, use molotovs, flame throwers, or the flare gun and create a fire boundary to keep your enemies at bay. Also, enemies are extremely realistic. If you surprise them they jump back, if they're on the ground they moan and scream, if they need help they call their friend's names. The driving is just what it should be. Vehicles steer nicely and are easy to drive. The vehicles are what a poor African country would have (old cars, buggies with a place for gunners, heavy assault trucks, ammo trucks, ATV's, and rare jeeps). The towns may not be what you expect; they have no civilians and look extremely poor. The missions are good and the game really creates a sense of "you're in it for the money, nothing else." This is a great game, and I hope you get it! Expand
  66. Mar 27, 2013
    Nice game,graphic(i dont care)good weapon store GOOD story,there is a outpost or house must be captured and got a home helping people got medicine its nice to helping people and i almost like it is Hunting Diamond that was i like it Far Cry 2 NICE GAME EVER
  67. Mar 26, 2013
    the graphics are really nice but the game is extremely boring.
    the game is repetitive, the enemies respawn constantly and are extremely stupid.
    It has a plot,

conclusion:

+ graphics
    - EVERYTHING ELSE!!
  68. Mar 18, 2013
    Seemed like it was going to be good. Graphics, sound all impressive. Story kind of cool. But the more you play, the more repetitive this game gets. The problem is that it takes SO long to get from point A to point B. Checkpoints you've cleared become populated quickly so you end up battling practically every inch of the way if you want to get anywhere. It's a fatal flaw because youSeemed like it was going to be good. Graphics, sound all impressive. Story kind of cool. But the more you play, the more repetitive this game gets. The problem is that it takes SO long to get from point A to point B. Checkpoints you've cleared become populated quickly so you end up battling practically every inch of the way if you want to get anywhere. It's a fatal flaw because you end up not really wanting to travel anywhere because of the tedium involved.

The only game left more unfinished by my friends might be Dead Island, which is a zombie version of this game. Great graphics, great acting, great audio, good gameplay, but it just becomes totally tedious to play. I understand the 5.6 10 user score, but the 85 100 critic score just reminds me why, like movie reviewers, professional critics all suck and should be summarily ignored.

Not that it has anything to do with playability of the merits of this game, but I'd like to understand why this game was even called "Far Cry". It's about as close in plot and story to Far Cry 1 as Bioshock is to Quake 4. LOL...
  69. Mar 3, 2013
    This game is amazing. The whole country is detailed and beautiful, the guns are realistic and the AI is pro. The country is amazing because of the realistic graphics and details are put in everywhere. The guns are realistic because if you steal guns from bodies, they may not work and can jam and such, so unlike most FPS games, you will find yourself buying new guns when you already have aThis game is amazing. The whole country is detailed and beautiful, the guns are realistic and the AI is pro. The country is amazing because of the realistic graphics and details are put in everywhere. The guns are realistic because if you steal guns from bodies, they may not work and can jam and such, so unlike most FPS games, you will find yourself buying new guns when you already have a used model of the same gun. Finally, the AI is pro because of how they respond to anything, if there is only a few of them and you are running away, they will let you go, if there is like 7 of them they will pursue you and do everything possible to kill you, including drive you off the road or smash their car into yours. They will also use flanking maneuvers and split up. If thats not enough, the whole game is free roam and theres a whole bunch of NPC "buddies" that have different storys and can help you. This is a great game Collapse Expand
  70. Feb 22, 2013
    This game is kind of a mixed bag, while it has some unique and new elements it is poor in some ways. First off I hardly cared about the story, it just wasn't interesting at all, too many useless plot twists. The graphics and gameworld are great and dynamic, you have desert, jungle, and safari, I really enjoyed exploring the game world. On a similiar note, the driving and traveling inThis game is kind of a mixed bag, while it has some unique and new elements it is poor in some ways. First off I hardly cared about the story, it just wasn't interesting at all, too many useless plot twists. The graphics and gameworld are great and dynamic, you have desert, jungle, and safari, I really enjoyed exploring the game world. On a similiar note, the driving and traveling in general is so tedious and boring. The weapons are awesome, theres so many ways to go about completing a mission, you could ambush your target with IED's, or you could do recon and then sneak, or you can just go in guns blazing. The game feels a little to lonely sometimes like the only people you'll ever see are enemies patrolling. I felt like the missions were too repetitive and tedious and it felt a little boring at some points. Overall this game is a good purchase. Expand
  71. Feb 21, 2013
    Great graphics although a bit buggy especially with the directx 10 mode selected. The muted washed-out color tones sets a kind of depressing mood, probably what the developers wanted. But the graphics is the end of the good points.

The AI sucks big time. The enemy has x-ray vision making any kind of stealth play impossible. You spend time sneaking up on your target then kill him with a silenced weapon or your machete but be ready for instant mayhem. Everyone knows what you did and where you are. Run for your life. Shoot someone from a distance and the enemy knows exactly where you are. The enemy can see through dense foliage, walls and rocks. Run for your life. You can watch an enemy look and fire in the opposite direction from you but you will still get hit. It's quite hilarious!

Forget about a story line, there isn't one. You just go on missions and kill everyone you see, or run for your life.There are no other options. Try to kill the Jackal? No way. It's a bogus story ploy. Try to help your friends that you've collected through the game. No way. The developers have higher goals for you. Be careful they have a political agenda.

Very disappointing game. Not looking forward to another silly Far Cry X.
  72. Feb 1, 2013
    Not worth it! I purchased it on a special offer at just $9.99 so I figured I didn't have much to lose. I had already played Far Cry 3 and liked so thought I would give the previous version a chance but it is TERRIBLE. Hard to follow the mapmarkers, the fast travel is horrible and even though I am on EASY level, it's just very hard to achieve your missions. I can't believe the differenceNot worth it! I purchased it on a special offer at just $9.99 so I figured I didn't have much to lose. I had already played Far Cry 3 and liked so thought I would give the previous version a chance but it is TERRIBLE. Hard to follow the mapmarkers, the fast travel is horrible and even though I am on EASY level, it's just very hard to achieve your missions. I can't believe the difference between Far Cry 2 and 3. The 3rd installment is very good. But don't waste your time on this one. I can see why user score is 5.6 Expand
  73. Jan 13, 2013
    Cool graphics and nice gameplay, tends to get a bit boring though. You basically do the same thing over and over again, and the story doesn't really go anywhere.
  74. Jan 12, 2013
    This game has very nice graphics. You actually feel like you are in Africa. The combat in this game is decent except for the infinite enemy ''check points" they are really just "shoot to death on spot" points. One of the best things in this game is the realistic fires that can spread and behave like a real fire would. I'm pretty sure the game had a story when I first started playing butThis game has very nice graphics. You actually feel like you are in Africa. The combat in this game is decent except for the infinite enemy ''check points" they are really just "shoot to death on spot" points. One of the best things in this game is the realistic fires that can spread and behave like a real fire would. I'm pretty sure the game had a story when I first started playing but I'm not sure now. The missions are just "go here shoot these guys". This game also has a really good map editor though sadly multiplayer is almost abandoned. Expand
  75. Dec 13, 2012
    Far Cry 2 followed in the steps of its predecessor by failing to live up to its potential. This game has a lot of good points: the graphics and audio are excellent, the weapon selection and mechanics are great, and it has superb open-world design. However these elements are tarnished by some lousy mechanics such as repetitive missions, endlessly-respawning checkpoints, and a pointlessFar Cry 2 followed in the steps of its predecessor by failing to live up to its potential. This game has a lot of good points: the graphics and audio are excellent, the weapon selection and mechanics are great, and it has superb open-world design. However these elements are tarnished by some lousy mechanics such as repetitive missions, endlessly-respawning checkpoints, and a pointless faction system. I did like the buddy system, where your mercenary friends will occasionally give you intel on missions or rescue you if you get shot up in a firefight. I had mixed feelings about the story and characters (well there's only one or two 'characters' that deserve that title): the premise of the story and the elusive nature of your target is intriguing, and the monologues of the antagonist are compelling, but the game fails to deliver a coherent plot or ending. With a few changes to mechanics and a good writing team this game could have easily earned a 7 or 8, but as it stands Far Cry 2 falls far short. Expand
  76. Dec 7, 2012
    I love the setting and mood of this game, not to mention the lack of a HUD which increases immersion. Combat is very fun, with capable AI opponents that turn psychotic in vehicles. There is nothing like shooting a flare pistol at someone in the dark and lighting them and the surroundings on fire. Missions do get repetitive, but the incredible landscape and enjoyable combat compensate forI love the setting and mood of this game, not to mention the lack of a HUD which increases immersion. Combat is very fun, with capable AI opponents that turn psychotic in vehicles. There is nothing like shooting a flare pistol at someone in the dark and lighting them and the surroundings on fire. Missions do get repetitive, but the incredible landscape and enjoyable combat compensate for everything else. I came back to this game after playing a bit of Far Cry 3. Expand
  77. Dec 5, 2012
    Let's start off with the multiplayer-aspect. The guns all feel the same. What I mean by that is that it feels as if they've all got the same recoil and there doesnt seem to be any bulletdrop. You learn that one recoil and then you can adjust your aim to it no matter if you're using the heavy mg or a pistol. Other than that all the maps are basicly the same. There's like a hotzone in theLet's start off with the multiplayer-aspect. The guns all feel the same. What I mean by that is that it feels as if they've all got the same recoil and there doesnt seem to be any bulletdrop. You learn that one recoil and then you can adjust your aim to it no matter if you're using the heavy mg or a pistol. Other than that all the maps are basicly the same. There's like a hotzone in the middle and you can run around it - there it is. When a match is over and you're the best player on the winning team you can decide to either punish or spare the best player in the opposing team. That's about the only cool thing with the multiplayer-part. I'd sum it up as a **** clone of Call of duty-multiplayer - and im not even a call of duty fanboy. The single player was pretty fun when I started. The story was compelling enough for me to get interested in the antagonist and the main character (yourself) but once you got out of that first "zone" it all got worse. I thought that the survival-aspect seemed cool in trailers. But that was because I expected that the main character would have to collect eatable plants, hunt animals etc in order to survive. But nope. That's all part of some weird and huge unlock-system. You can make a backpack out of 2 X meat from animal Y. That animal is marked on your minimap so there's no way that you can miss it. The same goes for all the plants. Just look at your minimap and all you need to do is go there. It's an open world but since EVERYTHING is marked on the map it feels as if everything is already explored. You already know where everything is so there's close to no exploring. Sure, you can climb up a radiotower and the hotspots will become even more apparent to you (they actually show you how the place looks from an angle, instead of just the marked spot).

And if that wasnt enough the AI is beyond stupid. You can throw rocks to distract the AI, you've got an infinite amount of rocks and you can do it a billion times. Each time the AI goes "WHAT WAS THAT?!", each time just as surprised as the previous time you did it. Their reactiontimes also seem to be really slow. They aim at you and after about 5 seconds they start shooting. I guess this is some setting that would help console-players to kill their enemies fast enough but on a PC it's incredibly easy to get the kill before they actually start shooting.

Eventually the story just spins into a cliché and I totally lost interest. Stopped playing after about two hours of playtime. I doubt I will play it again. The co-op was repetative and easy (on the hardest difficulty). The co-op is not like single player. You're on a rail on one specific "mission" at a time. It's not even a story, you go get a bomb, place it and then you go to spot X. Mission complete and you go back to the lobby. All in all a really crappy game. It gets 2 because the voiceacting was better than average.
  78. Dec 3, 2012
    A title that unfortunely had a bit of a wild tango dance during the development face, not knowing whether it wants to be dumbed down for the masses or stay true to difficulty and we end up with this horibly spread-out hybrid between an MMORPG with infinite enemy spawns and an single-player RPG shooter. It's not realistic, It's not immersive and It certainly does not posess a quality enemyA title that unfortunely had a bit of a wild tango dance during the development face, not knowing whether it wants to be dumbed down for the masses or stay true to difficulty and we end up with this horibly spread-out hybrid between an MMORPG with infinite enemy spawns and an single-player RPG shooter. It's not realistic, It's not immersive and It certainly does not posess a quality enemy AI. Stay away from this one unless you can try it before purchase. Expand
  79. Dec 3, 2012
    An island for me to do lots of funny or crazy things thats one of what i need.Although it may takes a feel of bore as time passes by.Seek for diamonds or just sit into a car to drive casualy,complete quests of two opposite forces-a good game.
  80. Dec 2, 2012
    Average at best. Some great immersion with the UI, stealth, freedom of environment. But the storyline, driving and endless respawning enemies were a drag.
  81. Nov 29, 2012
    You play a couple of missions types repeatedly through out the whole game. You have to travel massive distances to do it. It's boring. The graphics were the only selling point in the game. I loved FarCry. I couldn't finish the game I was so bored. I usually finish every game I buy. I was one of those fools that bought it full price. Harsh lesson learnt.
  82. Nov 19, 2012
    The original Far Cry is one of my favorite game of all time. Its name is filled with honor. Because you know at the time the game was made they used top-notch graphics, and the story and gameplay was just explosive. How ever, Far Cry 2 was the most disappointing game ever. If you die, you will spawn to far away for your destination. You have to take malaria pills every so often. PeopleThe original Far Cry is one of my favorite game of all time. Its name is filled with honor. Because you know at the time the game was made they used top-notch graphics, and the story and gameplay was just explosive. How ever, Far Cry 2 was the most disappointing game ever. If you die, you will spawn to far away for your destination. You have to take malaria pills every so often. People always knows who you are, even if you're just driving a car, enemies will spot you and shot at you. The game is just to flawed and it never ends. Crytek, why did you sell Far Cry? Worst mistake they ever made. Expand
  83. Nov 15, 2012
    i love this game!its so amazing i don't have enough words to describe it.
    the graphics are very cool and unique, the shooting is amazing and i especially like the blood after you shoot and the sound of it .there are alot of amazing maps in the game and some only for sniper that are very good also.there are alot classes to choose from and the gameplay is amazing in multiplayer .
    the
    i love this game!its so amazing i don't have enough words to describe it.
    the singleplayer is less fun its the same concept over and over again but its still isn't bad.the only bad thing in it is the multiplayer bugs but you can live with it.
    i cant wait for far cry 3!
  84. Nov 13, 2012
    Certainly not a game for everyone, this game challenges your imagination. While it does feel like a bunch of land with very few missions, you create your own fun. Use your sniper and go big game hunting, find every diamond briefcase, etc....There are almost no limits in this game. Plus, this game has some of the best gunplay i've ever seen . 31 weapons (with DLC) and i've tried themCertainly not a game for everyone, this game challenges your imagination. While it does feel like a bunch of land with very few missions, you create your own fun. Use your sniper and go big game hunting, find every diamond briefcase, etc....There are almost no limits in this game. Plus, this game has some of the best gunplay i've ever seen . 31 weapons (with DLC) and i've tried them all. Like all, and use all except for about 5. Sure, some of the missions are repetitive, but most shooters have this mechanic of "go here and shoot." This game allows you to approach the objective from literally any angle, with any plan of attack, making each battle feel fresh. Expand
  85. Nov 4, 2012
    Bought it after seeing some positive videos on the tube. I regretted it. The graphics are absolutely stunning but the game per se is terrible. Far Cry 2 is basically a terrific map with a terrible game spawning sporadically.
  86. Oct 29, 2012
    I like first Far Cry. But this game- piece of **** Good Graphics- that` s all what this game can propose to you. Stupid mission, stupid respawn, boring safari and idiotic story.
  87. Oct 16, 2012
    Wow, this game is realy nice, the graphic are magic and the story is amazing. This a game for player that like fallout or RPG game. This is fantastic and the third is coming soon :)
  88. Oct 1, 2012
    This is Worst Game I have ever played...made me sick in real time ...Complete Nonsense...At least Game Makers should know,what he is trying user to grab...what we are doing in this game...what to do why to do and ultimately what's aim? ...Iam deleting this game in middle...even i dont know how many missions i have completed...wtf.
  89. Sep 25, 2012
    Gráficamente de alta calidad, con físicas (especialmente la acción del fuego y viento) realmente bien logradas. Esto tal vez sea lo único bueno del juego, porque ofrece un guión pobre, adornado con misiones repetitivas: ir desde las facciones a puntos retirados a disparar y/o sabotear; no vale táctica alguna porque siempre resultaremosGráficamente de alta calidad, con físicas (especialmente la acción del fuego y viento) realmente bien logradas. Esto tal vez sea lo único bueno del juego, porque ofrece un guión pobre, adornado con misiones repetitivas: ir desde las facciones a puntos retirados a disparar y/o sabotear; no vale táctica alguna porque siempre resultaremos refrescándonos a tiros con los mercenarios del lugar. Excesivo "respawning", pues en cuestión de minutos, luego de atacar un lugar, podemos pasar por allí nuevamente y observar que nada había pasado.

Podemos resumir el juego como de disparar y nada más.
  90. Sep 1, 2012
    The gunplay is golden, the graphics are amazing, the story and dialogue are horrible, the respawn times...infuriating. I still play this game once in a while because the combat is so well done and satisfying that i can't seem to get enough of it. Unfortunately i have a hard time completeing the game since i have to pass by the same respawning guards time and time again. Both "factions"The gunplay is golden, the graphics are amazing, the story and dialogue are horrible, the respawn times...infuriating. I still play this game once in a while because the combat is so well done and satisfying that i can't seem to get enough of it. Unfortunately i have a hard time completeing the game since i have to pass by the same respawning guards time and time again. Both "factions" look the same and there is basically no distinction at all between them. It's a very well done game, but a few key flaws prevent it from being a gem. Expand
  91. Aug 28, 2012
    Picked it up on the cheap during Steam's summer sale. Heard some good things about it, it was cheap, I like nonlinear open-world type games. And Far Cry 2 has the distinction of being the third time I have ever experience buyer's remorse. This... I don't know how to explain it... I guess the best I can come up with is it plays more like a demonstration of a physics/graphics engine than anPicked it up on the cheap during Steam's summer sale. Heard some good things about it, it was cheap, I like nonlinear open-world type games. And Far Cry 2 has the distinction of being the third time I have ever experience buyer's remorse. This... I don't know how to explain it... I guess the best I can come up with is it plays more like a demonstration of a physics/graphics engine than an actual game. Pretty graphics, some nice gameplay mechanics, but it has two major problems that pretty much ruin it for me.

The first is the story. Which is to say there practically isn't a story. I only played about 4 hours before I dropped it, so it might get better later, but at the point I got to it was just a series of talk to person, go to other side of world, clear camp, rinse and repeat. If you want any kind of story details, you have to pause it and look at your journal. I'm usually alright with that kind of thing, but it just feels really unfulfilling in relation to most other games I've played that have that have journal-type-things.

The second major issue I have is the gameplay. I can look past an absent story if the game is fun to play, I mean I've put over 100 hours in to Team Fortress 2 and I'm not even a big multiplayer type of guy. As I mentioned though, I've only played 4 hours so maybe it gets better, I don't know. But like I mentioned in the story section, every mission plays the same. Talk to guy, go to other side of world, clear camp. It's BEYOND repetitive. Really, the main reason I haven't played past 4 hours is because I got so sick of the gameplay.

Really, everything else in the game to me is minor, those two alone ruined it for me and I'm probably never going to pick up this game again. But, like I said, go it on the cheap so no major damage done.
  92. Aug 26, 2012
    not a far cry game. i dont think any game in the far cry series will ever have that same place as farcry.
    but as for a game, its not too bad. it looks georgeous, sound georgeous and plays well.
    there is also a deep story line, but you tend to just skim over the top of it. there are so many names you can never get attached, and you character is so faceless. as a game to go round

as a game to go round explore, blow up an annoyingliny never ending supply of checkpoints, its not to bad, but for a game with story and depth. nope.
  93. Aug 14, 2012
    This game is truly a far cry from the first one. Everything you loved about the first game is gone here. The only thing this has in common with the other is the glider. That's it. If you're looking to recapture the experience of Far Cry 1 be prepared for massive disappointment.
    Let's start with the good: the graphics. This is the only decent thing about this game. The environments looks nice all around but even this quickly loses its appeal after while since there's not much to look at. It's mostly sparse landscapes. It looks nice but also boring. The character model's faces are also lacking in detail. Now the bad: everything else. The audio in this game is poorly done. The weapons sound cheap and unconvincing. The vehicles have this little hum when driving. The characters' voices can be hard to hear sometimes and they usually talk pretty fast. There is no depth or range to the sound. I can't tell if someone is talking 5 feet away or 50 feet away. There are no options to individually adjust voice or sound effect volumes. Music can't be adjusted either. You can only turn it on or off. The AI in this game is atrocious. They will usually try to flank you but it's pointless since they all have eagle eye vision and auto-aim and can hit you from a mile away with no problem. Sometimes the AI will get stuck and they'll be facing another direction when you're right in front of them. The AI automatically senses when you get into a vehicle and starts firing at you so if you can't see where that enemy has run off to just get into a car and they'll start shooting at you. The gameplay is the worst part. It's just awful. EVERYONE will shoot you on sight. It doesn't matter which faction you do missions for. Their guys won't help you since you're "undercover". The enemies take an excessive amount of damage. You have to shoot them so many times to kill them. The turret in this game is crap. It's severely underpowered and actually takes longer to kill the enemies than your own weapons do unless they're right in your face. Seriously. If you try and stay at a distance to take out the guardposts with a turret it will take forever to kill them while they will have no problem shooting you. 75% of the game is you driving around from point A to point B and it's usually from one end of the map to the other. Then there are the guardposts with the respawning enemies. This is undoubtedly the most annoying part of the game. If you kill the enemies and then go a certain distance and then return to that guardpost the enemies all respawn even if you killed them 2 minutes ago. There's no point in wasting time using stealth or trying to be clever since they just respawn and you have to kill them again on your way back. They make it so it's impossible to go around most of these checkpoints. You can't just blow past them in a vehicle either because they will get in their vehicle and chase you and they will ALWAYS catch up to you because the game cheats. I've tested this and they get this turbo speed boost to catch you. You have no choice but to stop and shoot them. There's also constant vehicle patrols all over the place. They'll either shoot you if there's a guy on the turret or tail and ram you forever until you stop and kill them.

The gameplay is extremely repetitive. All you do is drive around the map performing missions by killing someone or blowing something up. That's it. Ubisoft did this exact same thing with Assassin's Creed. Go from point A to point B, kill someone, rinse and repeat. It's obvious they do not know how to make a fun game and I don't have much hope for Far Cry 3. Then they threw in various gameplay elements like weapons jamming, fixing cars, and you having malaria and needing to constantly take medicine, to try and make it realistic but all it does is annoy you. If you pick up an enemy's weapon it will be in a degraded state. Very quickly the weapon will jam and you have to press reload to fix it. But when the enemy uses their gun it never jams on them. Only you. How is that realistic? So the only point is to piss you off. If your car gets shot up it will start smoking and you will have to fix it. The animation consists of you turning a bolt with a wrench. Yes that's how it gets fixed. Just like in real life. The malaria thing is dumb and adds nothing to the game except to irritate you. Try having a malaria attack while your gun jams on you and your car is smoking while a bunch of auto-aiming enemies are around you. See how fun that is.

The game suffers from numerous glitches. I had an enemy floating in the air and then dropping and dying and alerting his friends.There are audio problems like no sound or subtitles when answering the phone. The game will crash periodically. The gameplay is repetitive and annoying. It's not even an average game. It's a below average mess. Save your money. It's a huge letdown.
  94. Aug 6, 2012
    3+/5 (Kinda good) Looks good, feels good, vehicles, guns, open world, violence, stealth, diseases, etc. But the problem for me was that you cleaned up an area and came back 30 seconds later to find it completly alive with as much fighters as before. This is a massive "NO WAY THIS IS SOOOO STUPID" problem that makes you want to stop playing the game right there. Everything looks realistic3+/5 (Kinda good) Looks good, feels good, vehicles, guns, open world, violence, stealth, diseases, etc. But the problem for me was that you cleaned up an area and came back 30 seconds later to find it completly alive with as much fighters as before. This is a massive "NO WAY THIS IS SOOOO STUPID" problem that makes you want to stop playing the game right there. Everything looks realistic and feels like it, but then BAM, you remember this is a game and it's kinda stupid. ALSO, why did they feel like it was a good idea to make me feel guilty for not searching for every goddamn briefcase when I passed by them. This "task" is not rewarding and you really do feel like you can't NOT do it. (yes, double-negative BECAUSE I CAN).

Try the game, but don't expect a flawless experience.
  95. Jul 31, 2012
    On paper, Far Cry 2 looks like everything I would ask for in such as game: making FC into a proper open-world game and taking advantage of the engine. I'm not against the first game's linear progression, except that Jack Carver for me was completely unlike-able. Anyway, my first impressions of Far Cry 2 were quite good; the graphics are very well-done, the action is intense and theOn paper, Far Cry 2 looks like everything I would ask for in such as game: making FC into a proper open-world game and taking advantage of the engine. I'm not against the first game's linear progression, except that Jack Carver for me was completely unlike-able. Anyway, my first impressions of Far Cry 2 were quite good; the graphics are very well-done, the action is intense and the dialogue is well-written. That's just about all the main positives there are. Although the action is entralling and often tactical, the journey between them is arduous and turns into a commute between every mission which quickly turns into grinding. The missions themselves aren't very varied and are just a series of variations of blow up stuff, kill stuff, buy stuff and blow up other stuff. Story is almost entirely non-existent; not even a bare-bones story to give a sense of progression; just a series of disjointed missions interspersed with well-written dialogue. Enemies will also respawn literally minutes after you clear them out from a base, making it feel like a pest-control business rather than an actual conflict. So in short, Far Cry 2 has a lot of potential and succeeds in some areas, but it's just too repetitive and lacking in story to really prove its worth in the long run; wait for a Steam sale before buying it. Expand
  96. Jul 30, 2012
    Cool game, i dont know any game where you're in africa. But what sux is, you have to **** drive around so **** big distance, that makes me angry.
  97. Jul 17, 2012
    this game has good graphics visual, but sometimes that's not all that importa.é very repetitive, and go kill somebody and then people are there again, you lose a lot of time to walk hundreds of kilometers, and on arrival the target is to do the same thing as the other vezes.estou desapontado.desculpem errors, but I'm Portuguese
  98. Jun 26, 2012
    Really brilliant! Awesome! The gameplay and the AI are just perfect to the entertainment of the gamer. I liked so much, but I only think that sometimes the game is too difficult, and complex to novice players.
  99. Jun 15, 2012
    This game is pretty good, the guns and upgrades are cool, the missions are pretty repedative except it takes way to many bullets to take someone down, like 7 shots it seems unless its a headshot...pretty sure someone being shot twice would put them to their knees, anyways whatever i like a challenge and the game isnt hard even with this issue on normal. The reason i give this game an 7 isThis game is pretty good, the guns and upgrades are cool, the missions are pretty repedative except it takes way to many bullets to take someone down, like 7 shots it seems unless its a headshot...pretty sure someone being shot twice would put them to their knees, anyways whatever i like a challenge and the game isnt hard even with this issue on normal. The reason i give this game an 7 is because of what i just said and the driving. I like driving games, i like driving in real life, its just that the amount of driving in this game is way to much to reach your objectives...its not like GTA where driving is implimented in a reasonable way, in this game your almost nodding off to sleep at the comp because its so much and theres really nothing there to hold your interest except the occasional outpost with guys you have already killed going through the outpost a hundred times... i bought this game off Steam for 2.50 yes 2 dollars and 50 cents, on a sale, so was it worth it? hell yes! a good game, just to much downtime with the excessive driving. Expand
  100. Jun 14, 2012
    This game bored me to tears so badly that I had to quit. Virtually every aspect of this game is broken, overly done, or underdone. The realism they try to implement means that you can die from a 5 foot fall, your weapons never work, and because it's Africa everything has to be ugly and bland as sin. Far cry instincts beats this game so miserably it was a wasted release for ubisoft.This game bored me to tears so badly that I had to quit. Virtually every aspect of this game is broken, overly done, or underdone. The realism they try to implement means that you can die from a 5 foot fall, your weapons never work, and because it's Africa everything has to be ugly and bland as sin. Far cry instincts beats this game so miserably it was a wasted release for ubisoft. Furthermore, my CD key is repetedly refused for the online, despite attempting all fixes possible. This game is therefore unfinished and worthless. Expand

1. Edge Magazine
    Combat is thrilling – each weapon packing a solid, vicious blast; movement suggesting heft and momentum. [Dec 2008, p.80]
  2. By adopting a laissez faire attitude to player discretion, Ubisoft has crafted a brilliant follow-up.
    More importantly, it has nowhere near as many bugs as something like "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl," a title that bears many similarities. Add to the roughly 25 hour single-player campaign a remarkably easy-to-use map creation tool and a full multiplayer suite, and you've got one of the most complete overall gaming packages of the year, as well as one of the most ambitious.