8.1

1. May 2, 2013
    I was hoping for a short popcorn FPS experience at this price point. Alas, even at 15€ it was a disappointment. The humor never clicked for me nor did the references, which were shoved down my throat in a most unsavory manner. The retro style of the "cinematics" could have been funny if they were not so horribly slow to a point where they become actually painful and get skipped altogether (not much to regret here as the corny story is by no means engaging). I could have forgiven the packaging if the game was actually to my taste. But I find the in-game graphics to be atrocious (a subpar Section 8 atmosphere, only uglier), sounds effects and voice acting are retro allright but above all grittingly annoying, the gameplay is clunky, with an approximative aiming, weapons have a very weird feeling to them. I know most of it is intended, but it ends just not being fun. It wants to be an arcade shooter but is bogged down by the pseudo-realistic physics of all modern shooters. My humble opinion, of course, but I don't recommend, even at this price. Expand
  2. May 1, 2013
    As per usual, U-Play has kept me from playing. Purchased game on steam, when trying to activate, was told my CD key was invalid. I tried pasting from steams "copy to clipboard function", making sure no extra spaces got copied, etc, still no love. I attempted it three more times (EXACTLY) as it was in steam, caps/dashes, etc), and was told my account was banned, and had to call U-play support. 20 minutes on hold, then was told "oh, that happens sometimes. I cant unlock your account, so try again in a few hours". When I asked what if the same thing happens, the support guy said "i dont know what you want me to do, you messed up your cd key. You'll get to play when you get to play, the game just came out".
    Unacceptable. They were happy to take my money without delay... Guess who doesnt have to deal with these issues? Pirates.
    The game may or may not be good, clearly I was willing to bet 15 bucks it was good. However customer support is as much a part of a piece of software's attributes as its graphics/level design/etc, and if I created a piece of software with graphics/level design/etc that were as bad as the customer service I recieved, then I would expect a 0/10 rating from reviewers. So here you go Ubisoft: you earned it!
  3. Jun 10, 2013
    for the love of god do not buy this game on steam, it does not work at all. you can play this game a total of one time after that you will need to renter a CD key that you have already used. save your 15 dollars and buy anything else with it considering this game does not work and you will not be able to play it more then once. look up the issues on steam forums to realize that this game could be good it just does not work on PC. also you need to join uplay which sucks because f@ck ubisoft for bullsh@t like this. Expand
  4. May 20, 2013
    This ruined Far Cry 3. For me, anyway. I used to see Far Cry 3 as a very survivalist, deep story and game. But 'Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon" does not serve as a good Standalone Expansion. I wouldn't even call it that. I'd call it a 'Same-Engine Shorter-Plot'. It is in no way connected to Far Cry 3.

The amazingly annoying tutorials, trying to pick fun, only amuses 14 year olds, whom just
    can't grow up yet. I recognize that the game conveys it as 'Ooh, this is what other games do, i hate that!'. But then they do it. Gameplay is exactly like Far Cry 3, only with reload animations that give a nice coffee time. The only okay one is the shotgun, as shotguns tend to take that long in most games, but the SMG is stupidly slower than it should've been.

Graphics. I wouldn't know if they're good or bad, as they're all red. The gamma is horribad.

All in all, if you're a 14 year old, go for it. Otherwise, play something worth while at the same price range, such as CS:GO, Don't Starve, Skyrim, KSP, L4D2, etc.
  5. May 2, 2013
    Do not buy this game until they patch it. One more time Ubisoft released the product that is buggy as hell. On my GTX560ti it crashes every 35 minutes and won't save the progress between launches. From the looks of it (steam/uplay forums) by buying this game you are playing a roulette. For some it works. For many it doesnt.
  6. Jul 28, 2013
    Bought a steam version of the game and it was a huge disappointment. First Ubisofts Uplay annoys the crap out of me with their own DRM. Then the game itself is plain. It offers nothing that you haven't seen 10 years ago. Can't recommend this game to anyone.
  7. May 2, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game, and the price is good. But wow this game just shouldn't exist as a Farcry game. Firstly we already had Farcry 3, it was awesome, great story, great voice acting, great open world.

Then this which really is only cashing in on the Farcry brand and ruining it in my opinion. If they had called this something else and not ruined the farcry brand, it might
    have been a different story. But this is nothing more than a game that says, how little effort can we put into a game and rake in the money.

With a few months more work and a name franchise of its own this game would have been huge, it would have been like what Rockstar did with GTA IV engine and made Red Dead redemption. The didn't take GTA IV and call it GTA IV Cowboy just to cash in on the brand.

The cut scenes are aweful, thank god you can skip them, the training sequence, painful. The attempt at humor is bad, intentionally bad that we shouldn't care, but its just mindless dribble. The efforts to implement 2D graphic cut scenes that arent from 2007, more like 1987 just ruin the beautiful engine that lies beneath.

This coupled with seriously graphical glitches that lots of people are having with shadows, a game that constantly has 50 missing files when verified in steam and the extremely painful first set of missions where you have to protect some idiot who likes to die by running into fire, all while not being able to save at any point until you pass this hell makes me hate this game.

Perhaps once the graphical glitch has been addressed and they add an option to auto skip all the cut scenes and they change the name, this game might get a score around 5. This does not compare to Farcry 3 and shouldn't be given a score like it does, it's about 1/10 the effort that went into that game and deserves a score as such.
  8. Sep 21, 2013
    The game will not save for me. Three times now I have completed the into mission and forced to endure the training pieces to finally play a game. I managed to even buy gun upgrades and everything. I tried to play my save game later, and the saves have the word locked on them. Time to start again. As fun as this game was, playing the intro mission over and over killed it for me. I managed to beat the game via the uninstall button. Expand
  9. Dec 31, 2013
    Cheese buckets I need a UPLAY account for this game even if I buy the game through Steam..... That sucks. I like Steam and if I buy a game through Steam then the Steam logon should be the only DRM I have to contend with. Wet socks to you Ubisoft smell the glove.
  10. Jan 10, 2014
    игра классная, но очень короткая. Да и сетевой нету. Но тех. характеристики очень радуют. можно спокойно на ультрах гонять, с 2гб оперативы и 1гб видеокарты.
  11. Jan 11, 2014
    Played for an hour, reached a checkpoint, came back to find nothing was saved and I'd have to do it all again. And that's not a bug- that's the way the game is designed. If you need to go live your life at a different point in the game than the developers think you should? Too bad. Either you stay and keep playing til the game says you can leave, or you lose all that progress. Didn't I pay for this? Isn't it on my computer? Isn't it supposed to be fun? So let me decide when I'm done. Get your #$!@ together Ubisoft, stop treating your paying customers like idiots. Expand
  12. May 2, 2013

1. Jul 3, 2013
    Although it wasn't meant to be taken seriously, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is a surprisingly good game.
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    It's Far Cry 3 dressed as trashily as you can imagine; the joke only goes so far, but it's definitely fun to play. [July 2013, p.90]
  3. Jun 19, 2013
    Like wandering through a theme park dedicated to the excess of 80s blockbuster entertainment, Blood Dragon takes Far Cry’s proven gameplay formula and adds humour, a new coat of paint and a script free from qualms of narrative dissonance.