8.1

1. May 1, 2013
    A deliberately cheesy, and funny 1980's B-movie video game homage. Michael Biehn has cool voice, so he is doing a nice job as Rex Colt, the protagonist. Besides we have everything we need: Armies of rough cyborgs, a hot scientist chick, dragons that fire LASERS from their eyes, mutants, nuclear war, cool music with the right amount of synth, and neon-lit skies! I gave it only 8 because everything else is basically the same as Far Cry 3, and the game is rather short! Expand
  2. May 4, 2013
    Definitely worth the money, compared to the highly forgettable realistic-wannabe shooter games out there Blood Dragon stands out as a kind of its own, giving you a break from being "some serious business special force guy" saving the world from nuclear war.

A game made without push financial constraints and possibly involve someone going on a holiday and getting a bit too high.

There's a lot of cheesy combat dialog involved, so if you like being a serious tightass, or just don't like having fun, this game is not for you.
  3. May 4, 2013
    This game is perfect on so many levels. I haven't played FarCry 3 but I picked this game up because I thought it looked awesome, and it didn't disappoint. Literally every mixed review from critics and users I've seen is a result of this game going over their collective heads. Xbox Magazine complained about how powerful weapons become and how short the game is. thatsthepoint.jpeg. Seriously, that's the damn point. The game is supposed to be short, you are supposed to become an unstoppable killing machine in no time. It adds to the satire. You can play stealthy and it is fun, but the guns are so powerful you really don't have to. There are character levels and you level up so fast. After about 8 hours of gameplay, you will probably be abut level 25 out of 30. Which again, adds to the ridiculousness. The humor is also great. A character in the game flat out says "Anyone who thinks video games cause violence is a idiot." I'm not kidding here, this is a line from the game. Your character (Rex) can breathe underwater forever, you can survive any fall, and by level 25 you will be taking 50% less damage from explosives. Need I say more? This game was going for the sci-fi cheesy action genres of the 80s, and nails it on every possible level. From the cheesiness to the satire to the explosions and over-the-top action like riding a Blood Dragon that shoots lasers out of its eyes at the end, this game strikes all the right cords in my book. Expand
  4. May 1, 2013
    Well, the game is funny and the gameplay excellent. Best weapons ever and the story line dumb as hell. I see a lot people complaining about the game deepness, duration, etc in front of FC3. Hey guy this is a 15$ title! 1/4 of FC3 price. Just be logic. It definitely worth more than 15$.
  5. May 1, 2013
    I like this game, its fun!!!, I am not going to ruin anything, but the 80's stuff made me chuckle.

Although I have learned with steam you have to solve your own problems.

To the people who are complaining up it not showing up. I exited stream and re signed in and there it was, Then when I when to play it, it gave me a EXE error.. The you have to right click the game and verity the
    files if you get that error, then all is set worked for me. If this don't work your own your own. Expand
  6. May 7, 2013
    Fun, but way too short the storyline can be completed in about 4 hours, and while you can run around finding all the collectibles (ugh!) for 8 hours, what's the point if the attachments they unlock become obsolete 2 hours into the story when you are given a superweapon with unlimited ammo?

Perhaps the best change that's been made since Far Cry 3 is the removal of tedious crafting and
    the constant need to run to a trader to sell your collection of miscellaneous junk, although the 2-second looting animation still remains. Your character's ability to sprint indefinitely, jump high enough to perform death from above takedowns on enemies standing right next to him, survive any fall and stay underwater indefinitely are also vast improvements over FC3.

The writing is awful in an excellent way, I especially enjoyed the perfect deadpan of your unlikely ally/mount toward the end of the game.
  7. May 1, 2013
    This wonderful game helped us to remember the atmosphere of 90-x! The game is full of humor, neon and nice music. If you are caught the time of crazy cyber-thrillers and you want to feel in the role of a hero, then you can safely play in the Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.
  8. May 2, 2013
    I was hoping for a short popcorn FPS experience at this price point. Alas, even at 15€ it was a disappointment. The humor never clicked for me nor did the references, which were shoved down my throat in a most unsavory manner. The retro style of the "cinematics" could have been funny if they were not so horribly slow to a point where they become actually painful and get skipped altogether (not much to regret here as the corny story is by no means engaging). I could have forgiven the packaging if the game was actually to my taste. But I find the in-game graphics to be atrocious (a subpar Section 8 atmosphere, only uglier), sounds effects and voice acting are retro allright but above all grittingly annoying, the gameplay is clunky, with an approximative aiming, weapons have a very weird feeling to them. I know most of it is intended, but it ends just not being fun. It wants to be an arcade shooter but is bogged down by the pseudo-realistic physics of all modern shooters. My humble opinion, of course, but I don't recommend, even at this price. Expand
  9. May 3, 2013
    This game is fun and entertaining, it takes me back to the 80's cyberpunk era and make me wanna kill cyborgs and shoot with laser guns, this is a must have for anyone who like cyberpunk things!
  10. May 1, 2013
    As per usual, U-Play has kept me from playing. Purchased game on steam, when trying to activate, was told my CD key was invalid. I tried pasting from steams "copy to clipboard function", making sure no extra spaces got copied, etc, still no love. I attempted it three more times (EXACTLY) as it was in steam, caps/dashes, etc), and was told my account was banned, and had to call U-play support. 20 minutes on hold, then was told "oh, that happens sometimes. I cant unlock your account, so try again in a few hours". When I asked what if the same thing happens, the support guy said "i dont know what you want me to do, you messed up your cd key. You'll get to play when you get to play, the game just came out".
    Unacceptable. They were happy to take my money without delay... Guess who doesnt have to deal with these issues? Pirates.
    The game may or may not be good, clearly I was willing to bet 15 bucks it was good. However customer support is as much a part of a piece of software's attributes as its graphics/level design/etc, and if I created a piece of software with graphics/level design/etc that were as bad as the customer service I recieved, then I would expect a 0/10 rating from reviewers. So here you go Ubisoft: you earned it!
  11. May 2, 2013
    Before I start I'd like to say that because I did not rate this game higher then an 8, it will almost instantly be dumped in unhelpful reviews, if you are reading this here's the real game.

B-Game that crams as many references in audio, dialog and visual as it can from famous 1980's films, such as RoboCop, The Terminator, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. These are just a few of the
    many. There is no story, and that's fine, that's what it was made to be, something so stupid and ridiculous you can't help but laugh. However as fun as this may all seem it ends almost as soon as it begins.

The first thing you're going to notice is how fast you run and never get tired, add that with how shockingly small the map is there is no need for auto/fast travel. You will never take any fall damage and it is almost impossible to die, even on Hard. While the cyber vision is a cool feature you will never use it making it worthless. It claims to help point out enemies, but every single enemy is drastically highlighted in a neon cloud before you even see the enemy itself, in fact, everything but the grass and trees are covered in neon lights. The A.I. is borderline non-existent, a liner script of walk to point A to point B and shoot the player. The side-missions only add an illusion of a sandbox game. There are only two types, Hostage Rescue and Hunt. The fort capture adds more to that illusion. There's also T.V. sets and V.H.S. tapes to find around the map to complete the illusion of a sand box game. Yet if it wanted to be a sand box, it would be much larger and would not have every single item, animal, base and enemy on your map.

There are two types of enemies you're going to run into. Animals, and Androids. The models are the exact same for the androids except for some very minor change to look like a different class. The animals can be said the same for their type. The weapons again are made on references to films, while there are upgrades for half of the weapons, they are worthless and do not help in any manner.

The gameplay is the now required linear go to point A, shoot and blow up, rinse, repeat. The story itself (ignoring the side missions, bases, etc.) will be completed in under an hour, and because the weapons are so powerful and no skill at all is required to play any part of this game you may even do it in under 45 minutes. Adding in the other things, you might get about 2 4 hours out of it. All in all, if you want to relive an '80's experience, are a fan of Michael Biehn, or want to laugh at pure stupidity then this is it, but for $15 it's not worth it, maybe for $10 or $5
  12. May 1, 2013
    What a breath of Fresh air. If you was an 80s or 90s kid, you will definately notice the various puns and homages. The graphic style is very Neon-heavy. Music is trashy goodness at its finest. Since i have not played the Original FC3 i cannot make any comparison in that regard. Pros: Fast Paced, Brutal, Combat, supertrashy story, sound all around, music and effects! Cons: The Landscape can get monotonous, since there is no real daynight cycle. Your only humanoid Enemies are limited to a handful.

Overall:
    For this price, you're really getting your moneys worth! The soundtrack alone will let any 80's 90's Kids pulse rise. 9/10
  13. May 2, 2013
    Excellent game. Doesn't take itself seriously and even takes the piss out of the genre. Super heaps of fun.

"Schools out... FOREVER. "
    - Sgt Rex Power Colt
  14. May 3, 2013
    Full of tongue-in-cheek awesome. From flipping the bird at whatever you want, to the fazertron laser rifle. Pure awesome. I wish they had made FC3 on this entire premise. My only beef is that it's kind of a small land area.
  15. May 1, 2013
    This game is fantastic. This will go down in game history like Duke Nukem (original). Witty humor mixed with blowing up stuff, the game even makes fun of itself.. It's what Duke Nukem forever should have been and what FarCry 3 (regular) should have been mixed into a single, fun, open ended, blowing stuff up game. 10 out of 10.
  16. May 2, 2013
    So cheesy so goooooooood!!!!!!! Had more fun with this than Far cry 3, voiceovers, art, sounds, music, graphics all sweat pure unabashed 80s action movie bliss!
  17. May 2, 2013
    Excellent game play, I love these kind of games but unfortunately they only come along once in a while. This is your chance to play a funny 80 's style game and its very cliche storyline. That only adds more fun to the game play and the overall progress.
  18. May 5, 2013
    A fun expansion that's worth the money. But when it comes down to it, the lack of exploration and relativity short length hurts it in the long run. If you love Far Cry 3 youll enjoy this game. Its funny and entertaining, but its game play is nothing special.
  19. May 3, 2013
    This game is a breath of fresh air in an increasingly stale FPS genre that has been too heavily influenced by a certain on-rails-modern-military-shooter and its clones.

This game is in many ways a re-skin of Far Cry 3 (the game mechanics are largely the same open world/taking outposts/doing quests/finding collectibles), but it is a lot more fun because it embraces the silliness and
    absurdity of it all.. Far Cry 3 was a dumb game that took itself way too seriously. Blood Dragon is a dumb game that absolutely nails the B movie so-bad-its-good tone and humor.

Of course, if the gameplay of Far Cry 3 didn't appeal to you at all, and if you don't like/get this style of humor, this game isn't for you. For everyone else, go part with your $15 right now!

If the average major game developer had even half the guts and creative balls that Ubisoft Montreal has shown by releasing this, the world of gaming would be a FAR better place.
  20. May 4, 2013
    Holy Crap This game is good! This is the coolest game EVER!!! For those who have played the Far Cry games, FC3BD takes all of the coolest things about Far Cry, and puts them in an 80's action movie experience that you absolutely MUST play to appreciate. For those unfamiliar with Far Cry, let's just say that there is a huge world to discover. You get to explore huge maps and take down enemy outposts, using a variety of cool weapons. You can either do open assaults or play stealthy and sneak up on people to kill them. You can hunt animals, (and be hunted by them.) You get to drive land and water vehicles. There is just so much to do!! Anyhow, that's my short primer on Far Cry. So Blood Dragon is a spin off from Far Cry that takes place in the future (2007) Michael Biehn plays the lead character, named Rex Power Colt, a cyber soldier. Your mission is to stop your former commander Sloan who is also a cyber solder, but has gone rogue. Everything about this game pays homage to old 1980s action movies. You get to hear the predator vision when you switch your cyber zoom modes. You hear the pulsating synth Terminator music when you are stalking your enemies. It is a very enjoyable experience. The dialog exchanges between the characters make this game priceless! I highly recommend this game for anyone who has loved Terminator, Aliens, Predator, etc. You get to kill a bunch of cyber solders and save the world Far Cry style, and be Michael Biehn while you do it! Well Done UBISoft! **UPDATE** I just beat the game on hard. The ending is so freaking good!!! Play it all the way through!!! Expand
  21. May 6, 2013
    What do you get when you put an eighties action star like Michael Biehn into an action shooter that combines all the great sci-fi elements of said era? You get Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. This game shows us that you don't have to take the story seriously to enjoy an action game. I don't want to ruin anything for you guys but ultimately you get the girl, kill the bad guys, and save the entire planet. Now isn't that worth a measly fifteen bucks? Expand
  22. May 6, 2013
    Same mechanics as in FC3, but the new, awesome futuristic 80's look. I love it. The soundtrack is superb, the story is fun and full of comedy, loads of guns, loads of upgrades, lots to see, and everything is for 15 bucks (or euros). It's definitely worth it. It plays as it looks. Just make sure you'll play it in short bursts. +don't buy those map things, where it reveals the collectibles on the map because it shortens the length A LOT. Just don't rush it and it'll feel like a good 20 hour game.

Also a lot of people had problems with UPLAY, but believe me, if it would be that bad as "everyone" says, we would have a Simcity 5 situation over here.
  23. May 6, 2013
    At 15 bucks, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon offers up an incredible love letter to fans of music, movies, cartoons, and videogames from the '80s and early '90s; if you are a fan, you will like this DLC. It's over the top, utilizes the same engine and general game mechanics from the well received Far Cry 3, and the atmosphere is unique and fresh, while familiar to anyone who has seen Blade Runner, Terminator, or Aliens, Transformers, Predator, Aliens... the list goes on. And to top it all off, the musical score is excellent, borrowing while also paying homage to several scores from popular films of the 1980's and early '90s. All around, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is geared towards a specific demographic of players, while the humor and parody also draw to light elements of the modern gaming community that have changed over the years (a reference to the modern response to videogame violence, as well as the dumbing down of difficulty represented by in game obnoxious, self aware 'hints').
    I can't praise Blood Dragon enough; it's just a breath of fresh air.
  24. May 16, 2013
    If you have a fetish for cyborgs, lasers, sexy women, robot-sharks, Ronald Reagan, neon, OPEC, blood and/or dragons then I highly recommend this game to you.
  25. May 20, 2013
    This ruined Far Cry 3. For me, anyway. I used to see Far Cry 3 as a very survivalist, deep story and game. But 'Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon" does not serve as a good Standalone Expansion. I wouldn't even call it that. I'd call it a 'Same-Engine Shorter-Plot'. It is in no way connected to Far Cry 3.

The amazingly annoying tutorials, trying to pick fun, only amuses 14 year olds, whom just
    can't grow up yet. I recognize that the game conveys it as 'Ooh, this is what other games do, i hate that!'. But then they do it. Gameplay is exactly like Far Cry 3, only with reload animations that give a nice coffee time. The only okay one is the shotgun, as shotguns tend to take that long in most games, but the SMG is stupidly slower than it should've been.

Graphics. I wouldn't know if they're good or bad, as they're all red. The gamma is horribad.

All in all, if you're a 14 year old, go for it. Otherwise, play something worth while at the same price range, such as CS:GO, Don't Starve, Skyrim, KSP, L4D2, etc.
  26. May 2, 2013
    Do not buy this game until they patch it. One more time Ubisoft released the product that is buggy as hell. On my GTX560ti it crashes every 35 minutes and won't save the progress between launches. From the looks of it (steam/uplay forums) by buying this game you are playing a roulette. For some it works. For many it doesnt.
  27. May 2, 2013
    Ultimately the same game as Far Cry 3, with a few additional features and gameplay modifications. Most weapons and enemies are reskinned, but it feels like a completely new game. The story is cliche'd, which is intentional, being a tribute to the 80's and 90's action films. It's both hilarious and stimulating. Blood Dragon is nostalgic, without reaching the point of being pretentious and alienating. If you loved Far Cry 3, and you've enjoyed films such as Robocop and Terminator, you'll most certainly enjoy Blood Dragon. Expand
  28. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has WORST GAME SAVING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. You can't save a game during a mission, and when you try to do so, it brings you an error that "you cant save game during a mission, the game will be saved automically when you reach the checkpoint". I am at the dam level, and reached a lot of checkpoints, and reached the scientist. I have leaved the game here, and guess what? When i launched the game again, i had to do the whole mission again! The game is very nice, has nice graphics and is a good recreation of a '80 film, but this bug doesn't let me play the game normally, thats why i gave it a 5. Expand
  29. May 3, 2013
    I've really enjoyed this game. The whole neon past-futurism thing is really fun and different. I personally felt like it could have been less aware of itself, really. A lot of the jokes fall pretty flat, not that it stopped me from enjoying an otherwise excellent FPS experience with lots to do to keep you busy. I wonder how much better it could have been if it took itself a little more seriously (Think of the darker tone of a film like Robocop!) Expand
  30. May 3, 2013
    Simply put, this game is really fun. I won't spoil the story, but it's mostly a satire and homage towards 80s action heroes. The music, setting, and dialogue is over the top and hilarious. Finally the action is similar to Far Cry 3 as it's using the same engine, but the variation with the enemies along with some cool moves make it feel fresh and exciting. If you enjoyed FPS, the Far Cry Series, or just want a fun game then get it. Expand
  31. May 4, 2013
    This is Far Cry 3 but with the awesome dial turned to eleven!
    Michael Biehn, robots with motorcycle helmets, music with lots of synth drum rolls and laser shooting dragons. How could a game like this possibly fail?!

I liked the original Far Cry 3's gameplay, but I hated the little douchebags the story was centred around.
    On the other hand, FC3 Blood Dragon's story is pure 80's cheese.
    Deliciously tasty 80's cheese.

At $18 AUD, this game is an absolute bargain. You're getting a AAA title for peanuts!
  32. May 4, 2013
    This game takes the Far Cry 3 gameplay that we love, and repackages it with a hilarious new theme and some new gameplay elements. The Terminator-esq style is great fun, although the animated cutscenes can be a little boring. The music is awesome, if you like the Terminator main theme, which I do. The main character is hilarious, badass-ly complaining about tutorials and collectibles. The map is about 1/4 the size of the map in Far Cry 3, but packed with stuff to do. The new bases present different challenges then the ones in FC3, with structures more focused on walls and guard towers. The big addition to the game is Blood Dragons, a wildlife animal that is incredibly strong but easy to sneak around. A new throwable gives you a way to attract them to enemy outposts, giving you a new "tool". My only complaint is the game length/size, which is still very acceptable for the price tag. This game just has the potential for so much more content.

All in all, this is a great game for fans of Far Cry 3 or Terminator, and for the price tag, this stand-alone expansion is a great deal, especially compared to most overpriced DLC on the market.
  33. May 4, 2013
    This is the best DLC i have ever bought and it's a standalone game so you don't need to have FarCry3 in you Steam library to play it. This DLC is a lot of fun and if you love 80's there is no question you should get this game, you are going to enjoy it, like i did. EASILY THE BEST DLC SO FAR!!!
  34. May 7, 2013
    Great game, really helped me remember my childhood with the cheesy but cool heroes. Just a fun game to get into as well. I would say this is must for all FPS lovers.
  35. May 7, 2013
    I feel sorry the people who "don't get it" and, therefore, will probably never play this game all the way through to the end, because they're missing out on one of the most gloriously outrageous final levels of any FPS in history. Blood Dragon is one big panchromatic parody of bad SciFi and bad game mechanics. You're going to do some things that sound boring (because they are). For example, you're going to be forced to collect all of the items in the world and do all of the side-missions in order to upgrade your weapons to the max But that's not by accident, it's all completely deliberate, because the real stars of this game are the weapons themselves. The weapons start off over powered and just get more powerful from there. Near the end of the game you acquire a compact Death Star in the form of an arm bracelet that looks like the blade from Krull and disintegrates anything it touches again, it's a parody! It's not supposed to be fair, or challenging, or make sense it's just supposed to make you laugh. So, have fun! Expand
  36. Jun 9, 2013
    A cheap, incredibly fun game that perfectly captures the machismo of 1980's 1990's action flicks. What this game lacks in length, it makes up for in quality and memorability. The gameplay delivers a level of visceral satisfaction that eludes the blander FPS titles of this generation, and the satirical writing is just utterly fantastic and hilarious. Powerglove's electronic soundtrack will take you back to pleasant memories of Escape from New York and Blade Runner. Stylistically, this game blows the base Far Cry 3 out of the water. It's everything that Duke Nukem Forever strove for and failed to be. If you're at all depressed by the current direction of gaming, and haven't yet picked this gem up and encouraged these talented developers to make a full-retail sequel, consider yourself officially part of the problem. A *damn* good buy. Collapse
  37. Jun 10, 2013
    Everything one could miss from old games. Fast paced, random and very bad jokes. Sure hope this game will receive a sequel just for the heck of the 80's and 90's humor.
  38. Jul 28, 2013
    Bought a steam version of the game and it was a huge disappointment. First Ubisofts Uplay annoys the crap out of me with their own DRM. Then the game itself is plain. It offers nothing that you haven't seen 10 years ago. Can't recommend this game to anyone.
  39. May 1, 2013
    Really funny and really enjoyable cheesy 80s sci-ti action movie setting. Basically Far Cry 3 put in a more light hearted and fun setting. Just as good as I hoped it would be.
  40. May 2, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game, and the price is good. But wow this game just shouldn't exist as a Farcry game. Firstly we already had Farcry 3, it was awesome, great story, great voice acting, great open world.

Then this which really is only cashing in on the Farcry brand and ruining it in my opinion. If they had called this something else and not ruined the farcry brand, it might
    have been a different story. But this is nothing more than a game that says, how little effort can we put into a game and rake in the money.

With a few months more work and a name franchise of its own this game would have been huge, it would have been like what Rockstar did with GTA IV engine and made Red Dead redemption. The didn't take GTA IV and call it GTA IV Cowboy just to cash in on the brand.

The cut scenes are aweful, thank god you can skip them, the training sequence, painful. The attempt at humor is bad, intentionally bad that we shouldn't care, but its just mindless dribble. The efforts to implement 2D graphic cut scenes that arent from 2007, more like 1987 just ruin the beautiful engine that lies beneath.

This coupled with seriously graphical glitches that lots of people are having with shadows, a game that constantly has 50 missing files when verified in steam and the extremely painful first set of missions where you have to protect some idiot who likes to die by running into fire, all while not being able to save at any point until you pass this hell makes me hate this game.

Perhaps once the graphical glitch has been addressed and they add an option to auto skip all the cut scenes and they change the name, this game might get a score around 5. This does not compare to Farcry 3 and shouldn't be given a score like it does, it's about 1/10 the effort that went into that game and deserves a score as such.
  41. May 3, 2013
    Right, Holy Where did this game come from? This is easily the best single-player game I've played in a long time, and it only cost £12. From start to finish it's full of laughs, awesome features, stunning visuals, excellent game-play and an epic soundtrack to go along with it. If you aren't a fan of 80's films, music and cheese you) then you won't like Blood Dragon all that much. My only downfall with it is there isn't more for me to play! Expand
  42. May 3, 2013
    That was amazing. You really managed to stroke all my buttons, thank you to whoever made this a reality!

+ Great value (large part of Far Cry 3 functionality for a fraction of the price).
    + Really fun 80:s parody.
    + Action packed game play
    + ..
    - Cut scenes were a bit weird on my end, too slow.
  43. May 4, 2013
    i love this game everything is just amazing the weapons and the story also the graphics looks awesome and the missions are superb really i enjoyed this game very well it deserves more than 15
  44. May 4, 2013
    For someone who did't Enjoy the last Far Cry 2-3 I must say this one did hit the spot the lack of seriousness and more tied to fun without far cry 3 grind to gear craft this is just more appealing and fun I hope to try another itteration like this again

Don't write this game off for being cheap its more rewarding then the Full Price Far Cry 3
  45. May 5, 2013
    Blood Dragon is a chilling tale based in the aftermath of Canada's demise in Cold War 2. The year is 2007 and you play a hero out to secure freedom for the world using futuristic weaponry and one man's unwavering determination.

Other games should just postpone launch until 2014, this is the GOTY.
  46. May 7, 2013
    Took me 5 hours to beat, including side missions, but considering the price and the quality of the game, it was definitely worth it. It feels like Far Cry 3 but much faster, no skill tree and you crafting. You don't need to hunt for animal skins. But you level up very fast and there are unlocks to upgrade your weapons. The humor is really good, sometimes the AI voice will ruin some jokes because she will explain the joke but for the most part it was pretty funny. I love the 80s style with all the references and the 16 bit cut scenes. I enjoyed this game and recommend it. Expand
  47. May 11, 2013
    Its the funniest game i ever played. I love Biehn Voice and the stupid story.Just buy it its worth it. This is a lot better then all FC3 combined togheter
  48. May 27, 2013
    Probably my all-time favorite FPS on PC. If you grew up at all in the 80s or just have an appreciation for the action movies from that era, you'll find it extremely entertaining. Silly but clever, and somehow with a ton of nostalgia. Oh, and the gameplay is a blast. Just an incredibly fun experience to play.
  49. Sep 2, 2013
    Good stuff. i was really pleasantly surprised with blood dragon. I had heard the hype but i was still not completely sold. A homage to a time you wasn't really part of isn't all that exciting. The game do manage to be really exciting though. The cutscenes, dialogue, narration and story just oozes charm and there are some genuine funny stuff in the game.

The general gameplay hasn't
    changed all that much from far cry 3 which i don't really have a problem with. The new weapons are pretty nice, the shotgun is particularly fun to use. And the missions in the game are pretty varied and fun to play through. The side quest and camp take overs are a little bit repetitive just as in the original but hey they are optional. And hey you can sprint now without needing to catch your breath every ten meter or so.

I do enjoy that most animals from the original have made a come back with a cyborg twist. The blood dragons are also a welcome addition. It would be nice if some of the animals had been a little bit dangerous though. I really should feel more threatened by cyber sharks.

Visually the is the game really nice. The use of neon colors really makes the visuals stand out.

The game isn't all that long but i had no problems with that considering its cheap price. I actually think that you get a fair amount of content for your money. If you have an interest in first person shooters then i would recommend that you give this game a try.
  50. Dec 7, 2013
    This is a GOOD game. It's far cry 3, and it's not far cry 3. It's similar in a lot of gameplay elements, but this takes place in a 80's vision of the future, not a modern day island with pirates. You play as Sgt. Rex Powercolt, a cyber commando. This game is fun. VERY FUN. I found myself adjusting my play style a bit as well, to accommodate for the new weapons. The island it takes place on is free roam, just like its cousin, Rook island, but its much much smaller as well, and has much less to do. But this game comes with a $15 price tag, and it can be fun planning attacks on cyber garrisons, listening to Rex yell out funny one-liners and references. Expand
  51. May 1, 2013
    Jogo sensacional! Se você teve a sua nos anos 80 e quer se divertir salvando o mundo, com um diálogo cômico e sem compromisso, então você tem que jogar esse jogo. o que o Duke Nuken Forever não foi.
  52. May 2, 2013
    For those that enjoyed Far Cry 3 then you will most likely enjoy this game. The dialogue in this game is great and gunny and the story is stupid but not to the point that you do not want to play through it. The dialogue pulls a lot of lines from the 80's so if you were born after that and have not watched any of those films you will not catch the references.

Gameplay:

This game has
    the same feel as the original it took what Far Cry 3 did and applied it to this. The attention to detail is great, when you take damage you see him fixing his parts since he is robotic which looks quite cool.

Graphics:

If you have a strong enough PC to run this game on high to ultra setting then i looks beautiful, the detail in the environment draws you in and makes you feel like a part of the world.

Overall this is a game worth picking up for anyone that played Far Cry 3 and its a great throwback to movies of the 80's which opens up the game even more to those that may be new to the franchise. So what are you waiting for purchase this you will not regret it..
  53. May 2, 2013
    Blood Dragon is a great homage to 80's/90's video game and movie culture. The plot is humorously simple and you run around while listening to Michael Biehn deliver some absolutely sobadthey'regood one-liners. Apart from that, gameplay is similar to FC3; liberate outposts, save scientists, kill animals. The music is oddly catchy. So what's not to like? Well, the 80's filter may grate on you after a while and UPlay gave me some tense moments in the beginning when it wouldn't connect to their server. Still, Blood Dragon was a very enjoyable experience. Expand
  54. May 3, 2013
    Really this game is worth about an 8 but i'll add an extra point just because I really like these types of stand alone games as DLC instead of tiny map add ons or gun skins. Here we can see a lot of create ideas come from ubisoft and what you get is a very memorable and hilarious throw-back game of 80's sci-fi action schlock, fantastic for those of us who grew up in that era. Not perfect, but a great value and enough memorable moments that it is totally worth the price. Expand
  55. May 3, 2013
    Original Far Cry 3 was great, but for me Blood Dragon is just perfect FPS game. 80's B-movie style, synthpop, hilarious characters and dialogs, well made gameplay. Blood Dragon is worthy successor to Duke Nukem 3D!
  56. May 6, 2013
    great game enough said. reminds me of every corny 80s movie i saw growing up deffo worth the money you wont regret it i wonder y the developers made it though and what sort of drugs were they on when they came up with the idea of this game
  57. May 8, 2013
    This game is sick. I have nothing bad to say about it. the weapons are awesome. the detail is beautiful. it is far cry 3 but even better. voice acting is good, and hilarious. You are crazy to not buy this game. I wish it were longer. but it is technically an expansion pack. buy this game so they are pressured into making a full length game!!
  58. May 11, 2013
    It's OK. I loved FC3 and Blood Dragon as a DLC is decent given the low price. Interesting environment and theme is worthwhile. The dialogue is a bit weird, SLOW, and at one point it's like "get on with it already." But I would recommend it.
  59. May 19, 2013
    For me, Blood Dragon seemed to be better than FC3, because of the cool storyline and neon colour everywhere! The soundtrack is amazing, and the graphics are great.
    The fictional weapons are fun to use, but the game is three hours long. I demand a sequel of Blood Dragon!
  60. Jun 10, 2013
    There is a moment in Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon that is familiar to anyone that ever played Far Cry 3: after sneaking into an enemy base, I stab an enemy through the back, then again with a close friend before I pull out the gun in his pocket and shoot the three guards in front of me dead. A final guard, one that I didn't notice when I was observing this area, makes a break for the alarm, but not before I can kill him with a deadly bow and arrow. So continues the well crafted power fantasy that is the Far Cry series.

Set in the future, "the year 2007", Blood Dragon is an impressive ode to 80's and early 90's culture. Any gamers that started with the NES with feel a surge of nostalgia with the low-resolution cutscenes while what sounds like music from the movie Drive or the band Daft Punk boils in the background. Meanwhile the graphics impress: it must be difficult to so effectively draw what looks like a high school theater department would do to make a science fiction set. But you knew all this going in. What you want to know is if this is worth it.

Simply put, if you enjoy well-crafted and creative action games, Blood Dragon cannot be beat. It is certainly the most well-crafted dumb fun imaginable. The Call of Duties and Medal of Honors aren't nearly as good and yet those series have no problem taking themselves so seriously. If you're wondering if Far Cry 3 is worth full price, this 5-6 hour adventure might be the best demo money can buy.

The problems, however, reflect similar difficulties that greeted the original Far Cry 3 release: the story. As with its predecessor, the story is the biggest problem this game needs to tackle, in regards to two key issues. First, there is no relationship between gameplay and story, which, admittedly, is quite an esoteric complaint. But having grown up on the edge of this high-stakes, point driven style of gaming, I'm disappointed that none of the gameplay changes to reflect the era that it's making homage to. Second, as goofy and fun as the story is, I found myself becoming wearied with our cyber commando's quest for revenge pretty quickly. Yeah, he's not supposed to be our best friend, but by the end I felt that there was nothing at stake.

However, the fact that this game only possesses the above examples and provoke the kind of conversation it has means to me that it is a can't miss success. I'm appreciative that this game exists and hope that, in the coming years, more of these oddball games, from whatever mad mind they emerge, continue to make their way onto market.
  61. Jun 18, 2013
    With a little imagination and creativity you can create games beyond the standards of today. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is what we call fun for the nostalgic.
  62. Jul 7, 2013
    80s, more 80s, Blood Dragon. Awesome shooter, filled with 80s references, and powered with Far Cry 3s engine with neon and futuristic weaponry, in a world filled with cyber-soldiers and blood dragons. Now that is a definition of insanely great game.
  63. Jul 12, 2013
    This game is exactly what you think it is! A throw back to the 80's and 90's with its cheesy one liners and over the top guns and explosions. Definitely worth a play through for the gamer born in the 80's. The side quests are worth doing as well!
  64. Jul 25, 2013
    Brilliant. You can see the guys who wrote the script had a lot of fun. I would pay $15 easily just for the dialogs.

Had many good real laughs and loads of fun.
  65. Sep 14, 2013
    It is a quite enjoyable Far Cry 3 experience. But it is dark, sometimes it was difficult to make out things even though the enemies have neon lights on them. I was also plagued by the very first mission and the lack of save: 2 crash to desktop, 3 mission failed. After that, everything worked out fine. The jokes are relatively funny, the audio is good.
  66. Sep 21, 2013
    The game will not save for me. Three times now I have completed the into mission and forced to endure the training pieces to finally play a game. I managed to even buy gun upgrades and everything. I tried to play my save game later, and the saves have the word locked on them. Time to start again. As fun as this game was, playing the intro mission over and over killed it for me. I managed to beat the game via the uninstall button. Expand
  67. Nov 9, 2013
    It might not have loads of serious story arcs and character development the great visual style the really good humour the 80s homages the gameplay the graphics has a great style the animals it is just SO MUCH FUN.

The definite version with customiseable controls and some amazing graphics buy it now
  68. Dec 14, 2013
    I'm a kid, who grew up in the 80s. That makes me a kid that has seen the evolution of FPS-games. That also makes me a kid in his late 20s, and I must say I loved Blood Dragon from the first minute.

The game is ridiculously enjoyable. The game is a tight 10 hours worth of campaign full of good humor, excellent music and intense action.

In short: Blood Dragon is something you would
    have expected Duke Nukem Forever to be.

Thanks Ubi. This rocks.
  69. Dec 17, 2013
    Overall a very satisfying "pointless FPS" type experience. The game doesn't take itself seriously, and needs to be approached with that in mind. Also, keep in mind i did not ever play far cry 3, so I am approaching this as a totally independent game Pros: Graphically quite nice (if you appreciate the overall style), and easily playable on highest settings with no frame rate drops on a 2 year old card.

Weapons are fun, with a good upgrade system, doing the missions to unlock the upgrades actually doesn't get boring or tedious as there are only a few and they interspersed with capturing bases.

The leveling up system and bonus effects you gain is a nice feature. The money is likewise enough to keep you doing stuff without being punishing by ever really running out.

Vehicles are fun.

The multiple melee takedown options are pretty fun and make playing stealth viable in a lot of areas.

Strategically planning to stealth capture bases can be quite fun... although sometimes it is just as easy to sit a good distance away and snipe everyone.

It is fun to just go out and cause destruction. The environment is quite nice (if a bit always dark) and it is fun to just go exploring and killing patrols

For the price I got it for 4.99 on sale, it provided about 12 hours of entertainment, not a bad ratio.

Meh:

The collectibles I'm pretty split on, on the one hand it's an excuse to go out and explore the island, but having a few more missions or something and fewer collectibles would probably be a little preferable.

AI is somewhat bad at times although i didn't really mind. On one base i parked on the road outside and just fired a car mounted laser straight at a doorway for about 2 minutes, and eventually captured the base, as every enemy inside just walked right into the field of fire.

Cons:

The main plot missions are pretty bland, sometimes annoying, really the weakest point of the game honestly. The last one is ok just because of the sheer epicness of destroying everything in sight. Very anti climactic though. Luckily, there are only a few actual required missions that progress the story and you can just do them all in an hour at the end of the game after you are leveled up.

The weird way saving works, and the fact that you can't save your exact location any time is just bizarre. Not being able to save on missions is fine if they want to prevent quick save abuse (although i personally don't see the problem if someone wants to do that) but the overall way the system works is just weird and took some getting used to. It's like your state (xp, ammo, etc.) is saved, but your position is always the last checkpoint you were at.

The way killing animals with the knife (like the certain alligator in the sewer mission) works is awkward and annoying. Luckily it doesn't come up much

Bottom Line: It's a fun FPS to build yourself up into a killing machine and just go around killing bad guys. Simple, pointless fun. Some of the jokes are a bit much in terms of how corny or cliche they are, but overall the humor has its moments. Definitely worth a play through if you can get it for $10 or less.
  70. Feb 9, 2014
    After playing Far Cry 3 with all the crafting, serious plot and other nuances, it was a treat to play a "run and gun" version where you picked up enhancements strictly through leveling. Game was balanced - it could be very tough depending on what difficulty setting you had. Loved the 80's kitsch! All I could think of this was a combination of Rocky, Rambo and Red Dawn all thrown into one complete game complete with retro techno music. Rumor is there will be a sequel. I certainly hope so - this was one fun game! Expand
  71. Feb 26, 2014
    Action sci fi spoof parody with a great voice over from Michael Biehn, throwing out funny one liners. That will hit the right note with gamers of a certain age and induce waves of nostalgia of bygone days.
  72. Mar 2, 2014
    Pure awesome.

Much less serious than Far Cry 3, and the smoothness of combat and bases isn't as good, I considered giving it an 8. However the humor, the pure 80's-ness, the homage to old games and movies, made me forget about those issues throughout playing.

A totally rad, awesome, mint, mega game.
  73. May 3, 2013
    Unplayable bad lag on a computer than can run Far Cry 3 on high-ultra. Don't know if it's a problem with my graphics card or lazy coding but at this stage I should be able to get above 10 FPS on the lowest settings.

Was really looking forward to this game and I can't be sure if it's the dev's fault so I'll leave it at a five.
  74. May 8, 2013
    The gameplay's essentially the same as the actual Far Cry 3, (which isn't exactly a bad thing) and it is much shorter. In addition, the neon VHS design means that you don't really have much draw distance in looking around. All of this is mere nitpicking. The writing never takes itself seriously, and manages to stay brilliantly cheesy without turning crass. And just when you think that it can't possibly get anymore ridiculous... boy oh boy, does it prove you wrong... Especially at the end. Worth every cent of your wallet. Expand
  75. May 8, 2013
    Blood Dragon is pretty much Far Cry 3 in a different setting. You'll find the exact same mechanics and engines.

However, it's fun. It's cheesy, and it's the point. It's funny too (the tutorial gets a special mention for enraging your character). In fact, I found it better than Far Cry 3 simply because it was such a change from the usual things we see in video games. Our character in FC3
    I found was too generic to be enjoyable I remember someone saying his only talent was being a professional A&F T-shirt wearer.

But in Blood Dragon... you're a goddamn Mark IV Cyborg and ain't nobody gonna with you. That's the premise. Everything in the game is meant to be a joke, from the robotic enemies delivering lines like "Ho-ly... crAP" in a monotonous voice, to cyber sharks in the water... everything is a joke, and everything is fun.

Expect the game to be quite short. The price pretty much reflects the length.

The only problem I can find is that there's a synthetic visual filter that you can't turn off. It turns on very fine horizontal bars to simulate an old TV screen. Not everyone will like it.
  76. May 9, 2013
    Liking a DLC is one thing; but liking a DLC more then the Base Game Has to be amazing. If you see my profile i gave far cry 3 a 5 on the XBOX. Since then i got a PC that can run it well. Blood Dragon is a 80's style cyberpunk story about Rex Powercolt exploringing an island saving a girl and saving the world. Rex is SOOOOOO much better then Jason because he is just a bad ass with his refrences and voice acting. Other characters are bare though as in they are not very interesting. Dr. Darling is cool though. The gameplay is much more fun with cyber weapons and upgrades. The best thing thoughis that THE HUNTING IS GONE. Just running over animals got me a better rifle. Where the game falls short though is it's originality from farcry 3. Garrisons are just bigger outposts and there arent any super cars like i hoped. It also has the thing where on hard if you show your shoulder you will get mauled. The PC graphics are awesome running it on 1680x1050 on high. The Blood dragon animals are dumb. Das it about them. Far Cry 3 blood dragon was a better 15 dollars then the 50 dollars for far cry 3. Go get this DLC now Expand
  77. May 9, 2013
    Even though the game is one big joke it a very good fps nonetheless. The references from the 80's are spot on and it is a load of fun. The secondary missions get repetitives after a while but the game ended before I was overfed. Overall it is a very good game with modern gameplay.
  78. May 11, 2013
    It feels like the old duke nuke. Gameplay takes the best of fc3 and adds laser dragons and goofy one liners while adding (cyber) to the beginning of everything. Downsides are minimal. Not enough dialogue for the frequency of it. Too easy on hard.
  79. May 12, 2013
    What is essentially a different paint job for Farcry 3 is surprisingly better than the much larger and more hyped title of the same name. Sure it's short but its also a third the price as FC3.

The good:

BD actually takes out the annoying quirks of FC3 that made the game insanely annoying. As a cyborg you can jump higher, sprint forever and faster, and you can fall any distance as
    well as stay underwater as long as you like. This makes the game so much more fun to play and adds to the ridiculousness of the story. FC3 annoyed the pants off me how you could take bullet after bullet with little damage but jump off a 6 foot rock and lose half your health.

The story. The story is absurd and thats the point. Its hysterically bad.

The graphics. Love the Tron infused style.

The music. Absolutely stellar music. Well done.

Level ups that actually matter. After a short while in FC3 you stopped caring about leveling up because the skills just didn't matter. Here, levels up actually matter more. They aren't vital but you will use the powers.

Michael Biehn. Nuff said.

The bad:

Sadly it doesn't eliminate enough of the bad that was FC3. Collectibles are still in the game but in far fewer numbers. Worse, the game even mocks the practice of collectible items in games yet still has you doing them. I have tired of collectibles in games because it's a cheap tool to add filler to a game and make it appear longer. At least the map is smaller in BD and therefore less time wandering around looking for the things if you want them. FC3 was far worse with close to 200 of the things and no reasonable rewards for finding them.

Same game, same mechanics. To me I found some of the actions in FC3 to be quite clunky. Healing, looting, reloading, etc. Those actions were very clunky and its the same here. Healing yourself is a long animation that can be disrupted easily. Getting into and out of vehicles is painfully long. Looting animals or bodies is just longer than it needs to be especially for a game trying to be an arcade game. This is just due to the game really being a mod of FC3 so it was expected. I just didn't like the chunkiness of the game and the unresponsive controls of either game.

Same aim as well. Your aim in FC3 was awful with completely unpredictable accuracy. BD is the same again. The biggest oddity is that enemies are significantly harder to drop in this game so it can be a chore at times. Can take as many as a dozen hits to down a standard enemy if you miss the head.

All in all I found Blood Dragon to be a more enjoyable game than Farcry 3. Sure, Farcry 3 was bigger but bigger isn't always better. Much of Farcry 3 was a jumbled mess of bad story, unpolished gameplay, and a load of filler collection and side quests that mattered nothing other than to prolong the game.

For a third the price it's a no brainer and if you liked Farcry it will be right there for ya. Some won't get the humor but its a fun mess of nostalgia.
  80. May 15, 2013
    Am i the only one that think this game is like doom or quake or something?
    i really can't understand why did ubisoft name this game "Far Cry 3"
    but, i like the playing system. it's great when you're keep having boring life even though you're playing other games.
  81. May 15, 2013
    A masterpiece of fun and action rolled up into a small package that doesn't tax your wallet. Short and to the point and is free of the drawn out boring story lines of other Far Crys.
    It will keep you busy for a weekend depending on how much you play or even a single day don't expect a whole lot to do other than the main story line and some random kill quests and exploration.
  82. May 16, 2013
    Tons of fun, and completely refreshing. More games need to do this with dlc for games. Some minor problems, but overall lot of fun, and best opening scene for a game ever. Long tall sally.
  83. May 17, 2013
    To be honest, game earns somewhere between 7 and 8. Some parts of it are good, others may be boring at times. While it's a standalone expansion it still may be more varied or have more missions. But they 80's vibe is doing it's dirty job and I simply were unable to stop playing this game for 15 hours. It feels so 80's: music, one liners, weapons, enemies... Everything but a game engine just came to my monitor from eighties. And that was amazing. Expand
  84. May 17, 2013
    If you watch late 80's or early 90's cartoon, then this is the game to play. I may not be born during the 80's but I watch a lot of cartoons like transformers and G.I Joe to know where this is going. Super cheesy, fun and entertaining. Cliches being thrown around and this game was never taken seriously in the first place. Coming from a Canadian company to produce this game, I'd say they know a lot of American culture during the 80's. Best DLC content I'd ever seen. Expand
  85. May 20, 2013
    Amazing, fun and full of more 80's references than a cyber commando can handle. Far cry blood dragon is head and shoulders above far cry 3. Where many other AAA games fail this game delivers. So many 80's and early 90's movies nods, you cant but help but love this game. Blood Dragon i believe is worth every penny. If Ubisoft can continue making games like this it will be a step in the right direction for the entire video games industry as a whole. Only time will tell if this is just a one hit wonder or a herald for a better future of fun and enjoyable video games. Expand
  86. May 21, 2013
    Just completed the game and wow... just wow! everything from the music to the one-liners, old movie references and so on are just epic. love it and can only recomend it!
  87. May 23, 2013
    I have spent so much time on this game, it looks like a 1980's Sci-fi low-budget movie and it's really funny. I have gotten a lot of laughs from it, but if you didn't like Far Cry 3, you should not buy this either. It's basically Far Cry 3, but reskinned with a new story.
  88. May 24, 2013
    If you were an 80s kid, then you'll be giggling and smiling like it's 1986 all over again. Brilliant use of analogue and digital synths, the VCR overlay, cheesy dialogue and neon splatter, help to turn Far Cry 3 on its head. I got about 8 hours of solid gameplay. There are 13 outposts to take over, and side-missions. The weapons are very powerful and feel awesome. Still, I would say that the AI is terrible. Even on hard the enemies are so dumb, that it's so easy to breeze through. Cheers Ubisoft Montreal! Expand
  89. May 24, 2013
    First of all let me cut it into pieces. If you haven't played Far Cry 3, then it's a wonderful game where you really get something for your money. If you have played Far cry 3 then this game offers nothing, and actually it's a waste of money.

The game is almost identical with Far Cry 3. Gameplay is the same except of the skill tree and the animals and characters have just been rebranded
    to look 'futuristic', which they really don't. The only difference in terms of new enemies/characters are the blood dragons. However Far Cry: Blood Dragon is a game where the developers kinda just left when the game wasn't done. Under detailed enviroments and similarity is one of the most worst things of the game. All the quests seem much similar, way more than in Far Cry 3.

The game however does have its charm with all the its jokes that kinda made me laugh in the start, but just became lame after a while.

I'd give this a 5 out of 10, because the game would offer a lot of fun to players which haven't experienced Far Cry 3 and just want to get a little nip of it, without cashing too much out.
  90. May 26, 2013
    First of all, FC3 looked like it had terrible acting right of the bat and a dinky story line. This game is 15 bucks, fun as hell, and I didn't have to buy FC3 in order to play it. All those Blood Dragon haters out there are taking things too seriously. There are no FPS that really nail realistic qualities. So one that's really fun and cost 25% of what FC3 did, should be worth a shot. I love it, all things considered it gets an 8. Expand
  91. May 27, 2013
    Why this is associated with Far Cry and not its own IP is beyond me. Blood Dragon, in a twisted sense, is more realistic than the original Far Cry 3 since you are cyborg commando supremely adept at killing and not a 20 something faceless prick who magically becomes a legend the moment he picks up a gun. Everything about this game intones the over the top 80s machismo absurdity associated with cheesy action flicks of the decade. The combat is a blast, the weapons are entertaining, the side content, while severely limited, doesn't get stale. You can run super fast and jump super high and even fall from any height making the pace of the game far more frenetic than Far Cry 3. I disliked Far Cry 3 because it tried to hard to be a super serious adventure in saving people I cared nothing about. I love Blood Dragon because it doesn't get in the way of letting you be the ultimate badass. It focuses on the action with a consistent pace and never slows down. The ride is far too short, however, and there is little to do once you complete the main story unless you want 100% completion or want to replay the action on a higher difficulty. Even if you didn't like Far Cry 3 it's worth checking this one out for $15 since if feels very different despite retaining many of the same gameplay elements. Expand
  92. May 29, 2013
    this is a cool and unique dlc. unfortunetly its not as good as the full game. the cutscenes are way to long!!!! this is also much more glitche than the full game. the voice acting isnt good. the good thing is that the gameplay is the same and the levels are much better. the island is also pretty big, for a 15$ game.the blood dragons are really cool as well. the game is also pretty funny.
    if you liked far cry 3, you will like this, though its not as good as far cry 3.
  93. Jun 5, 2013

Multi-player
    - Good Customization
    - Good Selection of Weapons
  94. Jun 5, 2013
    I liked the game, albeit being a little short. I don't understand why Ubisoft didn't make this it;s main project I had more fun in this than in the original Far Cry 3.
  95. Jun 7, 2013
    It's really hard to give an objective review of a game that's, in its entirety, just isn't serious. This game should really be considered a satire if anything, and it does it well. Despite it being that, though, it's still heaps of fun and absolutely hilarious from time to time. It's ridiculously easy and can get a bit repetitive, but most of the content makes up for that wholly.
  96. Jun 9, 2013
    Very original. Had a lot of fun playing this game. Love the 80s music. If you like Farcry 3, you must get this DLC you get a good 4-6 hours of fun from this.
  97. Jun 25, 2013
    Might be one of the best expand-alone titles I've ever played, the story is stuffed with references to old science-fiction and action movies such as, RoboCop, Terminator, Tron and so on, which at the same time is its biggest weakness. If you don't get that the game is a parody on the 80's view on the future, then the game is nothing but a weird looking, stupid sci-fi shooter with a dumb story.
    The game is based on the Far Cry 3 engine, and developed by the same people. It's basically just a re-skin, with a couple of new voice actors and a stereotypical 80's B-movie story, and it works for what it is. A great parody on the movies I grew up with, I loved every minute of the experience, but the again. If you're too young to have seen or understand what the game is about, the you're probably better of with the original Far Cry 3.
  98. Jun 28, 2013
    This might be the coolest game I have ever played. I laughed throughout the entire game. I played though far cry 3 so I thought I would get bored of this since it is the same game play... Not at all. I was pleasantly surprised by this game. I really hope they continue with this franchise.
  99. Jul 5, 2013
    Essentially a total conversion mod for FC3, Blood Dragon offers a few hours of delightfully cheesy gameplay that retains the rock-solid open-world shooter mechanics of the original game.
  100. Jul 19, 2013
    This game is over the top in all of the right ways. It's very similar to Far Cry 3 as far as its mechanics and systems go. However, it contains a lot more humor and creativity than the "AAA" experience you get from Far Cry 3. Buy this game. It's cheap and it's great. Enough said.
  101. Jun 9, 2013

1. Jul 3, 2013
    Although it wasn't meant to be taken seriously, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is a surprisingly good game.
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    It's Far Cry 3 dressed as trashily as you can imagine; the joke only goes so far, but it's definitely fun to play. [July 2013, p.90]
  3. Jun 19, 2013
    Like wandering through a theme park dedicated to the excess of 80s blockbuster entertainment, Blood Dragon takes Far Cry’s proven gameplay formula and adds humour, a new coat of paint and a script free from qualms of narrative dissonance.