8.0

1. May 17, 2013
    If you watch late 80's or early 90's cartoon, then this is the game to play. I may not be born during the 80's but I watch a lot of cartoons like transformers and G.I Joe to know where this is going. Super cheesy, fun and entertaining. Cliches being thrown around and this game was never taken seriously in the first place. Coming from a Canadian company to produce this game, I'd say they know a lot of American culture during the 80's. Best DLC content I'd ever seen. Expand
  2. May 16, 2013
    Tons of fun, and completely refreshing. More games need to do this with dlc for games. Some minor problems, but overall lot of fun, and best opening scene for a game ever. Long tall sally.
  3. May 23, 2013
    I have spent so much time on this game, it looks like a 1980's Sci-fi low-budget movie and it's really funny. I have gotten a lot of laughs from it, but if you didn't like Far Cry 3, you should not buy this either. It's basically Far Cry 3, but reskinned with a new story.
  4. May 3, 2013
    Unplayable bad lag on a computer than can run Far Cry 3 on high-ultra. Don't know if it's a problem with my graphics card or lazy coding but at this stage I should be able to get above 10 FPS on the lowest settings.

Was really looking forward to this game and I can't be sure if it's the dev's fault so I'll leave it at a five.
  5. May 20, 2013
    Amazing, fun and full of more 80's references than a cyber commando can handle. Far cry blood dragon is head and shoulders above far cry 3. Where many other AAA games fail this game delivers. So many 80's and early 90's movies nods, you cant but help but love this game. Blood Dragon i believe is worth every penny. If Ubisoft can continue making games like this it will be a step in the right direction for the entire video games industry as a whole. Only time will tell if this is just a one hit wonder or a herald for a better future of fun and enjoyable video games. Expand
  6. May 15, 2013
    Am i the only one that think this game is like doom or quake or something?
    i really can't understand why did ubisoft name this game "Far Cry 3"
    but, i like the playing system. it's great when you're keep having boring life even though you're playing other games.
  7. May 26, 2013
    First of all, FC3 looked like it had terrible acting right of the bat and a dinky story line. This game is 15 bucks, fun as hell, and I didn't have to buy FC3 in order to play it. All those Blood Dragon haters out there are taking things too seriously. There are no FPS that really nail realistic qualities. So one that's really fun and cost 25% of what FC3 did, should be worth a shot. I love it, all things considered it gets an 8. Expand
  8. May 27, 2013
    Probably my all-time favorite FPS on PC. If you grew up at all in the 80s or just have an appreciation for the action movies from that era, you'll find it extremely entertaining. Silly but clever, and somehow with a ton of nostalgia. Oh, and the gameplay is a blast. Just an incredibly fun experience to play.
  9. Jun 7, 2013
    It's really hard to give an objective review of a game that's, in its entirety, just isn't serious. This game should really be considered a satire if anything, and it does it well. Despite it being that, though, it's still heaps of fun and absolutely hilarious from time to time. It's ridiculously easy and can get a bit repetitive, but most of the content makes up for that wholly.
  10. Jun 9, 2013
    Very original. Had a lot of fun playing this game. Love the 80s music. If you like Farcry 3, you must get this DLC you get a good 4-6 hours of fun from this.
  11. Jun 10, 2013
    There is a moment in Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon that is familiar to anyone that ever played Far Cry 3: after sneaking into an enemy base, I stab an enemy through the back, then again with a close friend before I pull out the gun in his pocket and shoot the three guards in front of me dead. A final guard, one that I didn't notice when I was observing this area, makes a break for the alarm, but not before I can kill him with a deadly bow and arrow. So continues the well crafted power fantasy that is the Far Cry series.

Set in the future, "the year 2007", Blood Dragon is an impressive ode to 80's and early 90's culture. Any gamers that started with the NES with feel a surge of nostalgia with the low-resolution cutscenes while what sounds like music from the movie Drive or the band Daft Punk boils in the background. Meanwhile the graphics impress: it must be difficult to so effectively draw what looks like a high school theater department would do to make a science fiction set. But you knew all this going in. What you want to know is if this is worth it.

Simply put, if you enjoy well-crafted and creative action games, Blood Dragon cannot be beat. It is certainly the most well-crafted dumb fun imaginable. The Call of Duties and Medal of Honors aren't nearly as good and yet those series have no problem taking themselves so seriously. If you're wondering if Far Cry 3 is worth full price, this 5-6 hour adventure might be the best demo money can buy.

The problems, however, reflect similar difficulties that greeted the original Far Cry 3 release: the story. As with its predecessor, the story is the biggest problem this game needs to tackle, in regards to two key issues. First, there is no relationship between gameplay and story, which, admittedly, is quite an esoteric complaint. But having grown up on the edge of this high-stakes, point driven style of gaming, I'm disappointed that none of the gameplay changes to reflect the era that it's making homage to. Second, as goofy and fun as the story is, I found myself becoming wearied with our cyber commando's quest for revenge pretty quickly. Yeah, he's not supposed to be our best friend, but by the end I felt that there was nothing at stake.

However, the fact that this game only possesses the above examples and provoke the kind of conversation it has means to me that it is a can't miss success. I'm appreciative that this game exists and hope that, in the coming years, more of these oddball games, from whatever mad mind they emerge, continue to make their way onto market.
  12. Aug 5, 2013
    I thought Far Cry 3 was mediocre and boring, but this? This... is just fun as hell, as well as cheap. Well worth the price. Buy it if you're looking for a zany shooter.
  13. Jun 18, 2013
    With a little imagination and creativity you can create games beyond the standards of today. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is what we call fun for the nostalgic.
  14. Jun 28, 2013
    This might be the coolest game I have ever played. I laughed throughout the entire game. I played though far cry 3 so I thought I would get bored of this since it is the same game play... Not at all. I was pleasantly surprised by this game. I really hope they continue with this franchise.
  15. Jul 12, 2013
    This game is exactly what you think it is! A throw back to the 80's and 90's with its cheesy one liners and over the top guns and explosions. Definitely worth a play through for the gamer born in the 80's. The side quests are worth doing as well!
  16. Aug 19, 2013
    I can't remember the last time I had such dumb fun with a game. Everything tries so hard to be serious or be taken seriously these days, it's rare to find a game that manages to be care free AND good. Which is exactly what Blood Dragon is. Don't come to this game expecting a dramatic, tear jerking story or realistic gameplay or a massive world filled with a year's-worth of content, just take it for what it is: A brief, hilarious, nonsensical, EPIC romp through 80's VHS nostalgia. It's not perfect, but I have the feeling it was never supposed to be. My only REAL gripe is the graphics. I understand what the aim was, and by all counts they nailed the look of an old, burned-out CRT television, but there were moments I caught myself squinting at the screen trying to pick out an enemy amid rampant neon coronas or too-dark environments. I ended up having to make the game much brighter than I think was ever intended just so I could see what I was doing. I would have loved to see a graphics setting that turned down all the filters. It's not game breaking, but it does get a little annoying after a while. All in all though, Blood Dragon is more than worth the $15 price tag. What few dings the game has are more than compensated for in the ear-to-ear grin that covered my face for most of my time on the island. Expand
  17. Jul 24, 2013
    So much fun. The graphic style is very nice, i didnt find bugs yet and its a lot of fun. I never played a classical FarCry Game but this is not necessary at all. It is a game for fun and depending on the differculty you choose it isnt so easy. I really like it. Just UPlay is a bit unnecssary... (i bought it on steam)
  18. Aug 2, 2013
    Pomysł fajny, klimat fajny, szkoda tylko że Ubi wpakowało tak niepasujący dodatek do całkowicie innego Far Cry 3. Jest mi niezmiernie smutno, że Ubisoft nie mógł zrobić tego dodatku jako oddzielnej gry. Kupując Far Cry 3 nie spodziewałem się że dostanę tak niepasujące dodatki do niego. Sam dodatek to też nie ideał. Nie ma tutaj ciekawych pomysłów na misję, większości misji to osłaniaj, zabij. Nie wykorzystano tutaj tego potencjału co pokazał nam zwykły Far Cry. Nie mówiąc już o niedopracowaniach i bugach które podążają za nami przez całą grę. Oczywiście, nie jest tak źle. Klimat jak i fabuła to coś na co Ubioft postawił najbardziej. Szkoda jednak że potencjał fabuły pokazuje się najbardziej pod koniec dodatku i szybko się kończy. Myślę że gdyby Ubi zależało na specyficznym futurystycznym klimacie, bardziej, zobaczyli byśmy coś o wiele lepszego.Sorki, jednak nie tego oczekiwałem. Moja ocena 6/10 Expand
  19. Nov 20, 2013
    Blood Dragon manages to bring back many good old memories from the 90's video games on a next gen gameplay and it has a lot smart sci-fi references. It is a must play. The only thing disappointing is the length of only 3-4 hours.
  20. Mar 29, 2014
    Incredibly short... My playtime with all side missions and almost all collectibles acquired was 5 hours 17 mins. An average player,who is not a completion, will clock in at around 3-hours.There are many people who finished this game in 50-55 mins (check YouTube speed-runs). ....................................
    The game was sold as a standalone, but i wonder if it was necessary. It should
    have been a DLC for Far Cry 3 since its pretty much the same game polished with crappy neon lighting graphics . Well a $15 DLC would have raised eyebrows, so they released it as a standalone $15 game and everyone is going "WOW UBISOFT FAN SERVICE FTW !!".....People are praising its humor but its pretty lame and cheesy, in the 7 missions you get there are some lolz moment but not that much to the extent that it may be used to describe this game.
    The game is very easy. its the first game where i haven't died even once. You just jump on people and its insta kill with bonus exp. You dont have to be above them, just run to someone and press Spacebar..If another enemy is nearby u score a bonus comb kill on him too. This is what modern FPS shooters have come to, kiddie friendly game play with no challenge at all. I'm sure there will be a video on YouTube showing someone finishing the game using a knife only.
  21. Rox
    Nov 9, 2013
    The voice over, the music, the ambient lighting, the 80's... it makes you want to keep playing regardless of the tedium of fighting the same enemies and the minor clipping. I am so glad that Ubi made this a stand alone and didn't use it to milk more money out of Farcry 3 consumers. Let me just note too that the ending absolutely blew me away! If your from or into the era, the 80's nostalgia will slap you hard then follow it up with the cold hard robo-hand of Rex Colt. This title is worth every cent of the $15 and a definite buy on sale for any 80's fan or FPS fan with a sense of humor. I gave it 9 out of 10 due to the lazy programing of repetitious enemies. Expand
  22. Dec 22, 2013
    Nice game. I love the singleplayer, I love the funny scenario and 80's theme. Music is awesome! Amazing graphics too. Too bad there is no save menu/quicksave feature and necessary to use Uplay. S oafter 2-3 hours of gameplay I LOST MY SAVE/CHECKPOINT. I was really pissed of... I had to play same missions and tutorial once again, not cool guys.
  23. Jan 10, 2014
    игра классная, но очень короткая. Да и сетевой нету. Но тех. характеристики очень радуют. можно спокойно на ультрах гонять, с 2гб оперативы и 1гб видеокарты.
  24. Jan 14, 2014
    Very good game i love it. It is worth it to play this game. I brought the disk version but i didn't have problems with it. People who are looking for new games to play, play this game you won't regret it

1. Jul 3, 2013
    Although it wasn't meant to be taken seriously, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is a surprisingly good game.
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    It's Far Cry 3 dressed as trashily as you can imagine; the joke only goes so far, but it's definitely fun to play. [July 2013, p.90]
  3. Jun 19, 2013
    Like wandering through a theme park dedicated to the excess of 80s blockbuster entertainment, Blood Dragon takes Far Cry’s proven gameplay formula and adds humour, a new coat of paint and a script free from qualms of narrative dissonance.