8.1

1. May 1, 2013
    A deliberately cheesy, and funny 1980's B-movie video game homage. Michael Biehn has cool voice, so he is doing a nice job as Rex Colt, the protagonist. Besides we have everything we need: Armies of rough cyborgs, a hot scientist chick, dragons that fire LASERS from their eyes, mutants, nuclear war, cool music with the right amount of synth, and neon-lit skies! I gave it only 8 becauseA deliberately cheesy, and funny 1980's B-movie video game homage. Michael Biehn has cool voice, so he is doing a nice job as Rex Colt, the protagonist. Besides we have everything we need: Armies of rough cyborgs, a hot scientist chick, dragons that fire LASERS from their eyes, mutants, nuclear war, cool music with the right amount of synth, and neon-lit skies! I gave it only 8 because everything else is basically the same as Far Cry 3, and the game is rather short! Expand
  2. May 4, 2013
    Definitely worth the money, compared to the highly forgettable realistic-wannabe shooter games out there Blood Dragon stands out as a kind of its own, giving you a break from being "some serious business special force guy" saving the world from nuclear war.

A game made without push financial constraints and possibly involve someone going on a holiday and getting a bit too high.

There's a lot of cheesy combat dialog involved, so if you like being a serious tightass, or just don't like having fun, this game is not for you.
  3. May 4, 2013
    This game is perfect on so many levels. I haven't played FarCry 3 but I picked this game up because I thought it looked awesome, and it didn't disappoint. Literally every mixed review from critics and users I've seen is a result of this game going over their collective heads. Xbox Magazine complained about how powerful weapons become and how short the game is. thatsthepoint.jpeg.This game is perfect on so many levels. I haven't played FarCry 3 but I picked this game up because I thought it looked awesome, and it didn't disappoint. Literally every mixed review from critics and users I've seen is a result of this game going over their collective heads. Xbox Magazine complained about how powerful weapons become and how short the game is. thatsthepoint.jpeg. Seriously, that's the damn point. The game is supposed to be short, you are supposed to become an unstoppable killing machine in no time. It adds to the satire. You can play stealthy and it is fun, but the guns are so powerful you really don't have to. There are character levels and you level up so fast. After about 8 hours of gameplay, you will probably be abut level 25 out of 30. Which again, adds to the ridiculousness. The humor is also great. A character in the game flat out says "Anyone who thinks video games cause violence is a idiot." I'm not kidding here, this is a line from the game. Your character (Rex) can breathe underwater forever, you can survive any fall, and by level 25 you will be taking 50% less damage from explosives. Need I say more? This game was going for the sci-fi cheesy action genres of the 80s, and nails it on every possible level. From the cheesiness to the satire to the explosions and over-the-top action like riding a Blood Dragon that shoots lasers out of its eyes at the end, this game strikes all the right cords in my book. Expand
  4. May 1, 2013
    Well, the game is funny and the gameplay excellent. Best weapons ever and the story line dumb as hell. I see a lot people complaining about the game deepness, duration, etc in front of FC3. Hey guy this is a 15$ title! 1/4 of FC3 price. Just be logic. It definitely worth more than 15$.
  5. May 1, 2013
    I like this game, its fun!!!, I am not going to ruin anything, but the 80's stuff made me chuckle.

Although I have learned with steam you have to solve your own problems. To the people who are complaining up it not showing up. I exited stream and re signed in and there it was, Then when I when to play it, it gave me a EXE error.. The you have to right click the game and verity the

Although I have learned with steam you have to solve your own problems.

To the people who are complaining up it not showing up. I exited stream and re signed in and there it was, Then when I when to play it, it gave me a EXE error.. The you have to right click the game and verity the files if you get that error, then all is set worked for me. If this don't work your own your own.
  6. May 7, 2013
    Fun, but way too short the storyline can be completed in about 4 hours, and while you can run around finding all the collectibles (ugh!) for 8 hours, what's the point if the attachments they unlock become obsolete 2 hours into the story when you are given a superweapon with unlimited ammo?

Perhaps the best change that's been made since Far Cry 3 is the removal of tedious crafting and the constant need to run to a trader to sell your collection of miscellaneous junk, although the 2-second looting animation still remains. Your character's ability to sprint indefinitely, jump high enough to perform death from above takedowns on enemies standing right next to him, survive any fall and stay underwater indefinitely are also vast improvements over FC3.

The writing is awful in an excellent way, I especially enjoyed the perfect deadpan of your unlikely ally/mount toward the end of the game.
  7. May 1, 2013
    This wonderful game helped us to remember the atmosphere of 90-x! The game is full of humor, neon and nice music. If you are caught the time of crazy cyber-thrillers and you want to feel in the role of a hero, then you can safely play in the Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.
  8. May 1, 2013
    As per usual, U-Play has kept me from playing. Purchased game on steam, when trying to activate, was told my CD key was invalid. I tried pasting from steams "copy to clipboard function", making sure no extra spaces got copied, etc, still no love. I attempted it three more times (EXACTLY) as it was in steam, caps/dashes, etc), and was told my account was banned, and had to call U-playAs per usual, U-Play has kept me from playing. Purchased game on steam, when trying to activate, was told my CD key was invalid. I tried pasting from steams "copy to clipboard function", making sure no extra spaces got copied, etc, still no love. I attempted it three more times (EXACTLY) as it was in steam, caps/dashes, etc), and was told my account was banned, and had to call U-play support. 20 minutes on hold, then was told "oh, that happens sometimes. I cant unlock your account, so try again in a few hours". When I asked what if the same thing happens, the support guy said "i dont know what you want me to do, you messed up your cd key. You'll get to play when you get to play, the game just came out".
    Unacceptable. They were happy to take my money without delay... Guess who doesnt have to deal with these issues? Pirates.
    The game may or may not be good, clearly I was willing to bet 15 bucks it was good. However customer support is as much a part of a piece of software's attributes as its graphics/level design/etc, and if I created a piece of software with graphics/level design/etc that were as bad as the customer service I recieved, then I would expect a 0/10 rating from reviewers. So here you go Ubisoft: you earned it!
  9. May 2, 2013
    I was hoping for a short popcorn FPS experience at this price point. Alas, even at 15€ it was a disappointment. The humor never clicked for me nor did the references, which were shoved down my throat in a most unsavory manner. The retro style of the "cinematics" could have been funny if they were not so horribly slow to a point where they become actually painful and get skipped altogetherI was hoping for a short popcorn FPS experience at this price point. Alas, even at 15€ it was a disappointment. The humor never clicked for me nor did the references, which were shoved down my throat in a most unsavory manner. The retro style of the "cinematics" could have been funny if they were not so horribly slow to a point where they become actually painful and get skipped altogether (not much to regret here as the corny story is by no means engaging). I could have forgiven the packaging if the game was actually to my taste. But I find the in-game graphics to be atrocious (a subpar Section 8 atmosphere, only uglier), sounds effects and voice acting are retro allright but above all grittingly annoying, the gameplay is clunky, with an approximative aiming, weapons have a very weird feeling to them. I know most of it is intended, but it ends just not being fun. It wants to be an arcade shooter but is bogged down by the pseudo-realistic physics of all modern shooters. My humble opinion, of course, but I don't recommend, even at this price. Expand
  10. May 3, 2013
    This game is fun and entertaining, it takes me back to the 80's cyberpunk era and make me wanna kill cyborgs and shoot with laser guns, this is a must have for anyone who like cyberpunk things!
  11. May 2, 2013
    Before I start I'd like to say that because I did not rate this game higher then an 8, it will almost instantly be dumped in unhelpful reviews, if you are reading this here's the real game.

B-Game that crams as many references in audio, dialog and visual as it can from famous 1980's films, such as RoboCop, The Terminator, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. These are just a few of the many. There is no story, and that's fine, that's what it was made to be, something so stupid and ridiculous you can't help but laugh. However as fun as this may all seem it ends almost as soon as it begins.

The first thing you're going to notice is how fast you run and never get tired, add that with how shockingly small the map is there is no need for auto/fast travel. You will never take any fall damage and it is almost impossible to die, even on Hard. While the cyber vision is a cool feature you will never use it making it worthless. It claims to help point out enemies, but every single enemy is drastically highlighted in a neon cloud before you even see the enemy itself, in fact, everything but the grass and trees are covered in neon lights. The A.I. is borderline non-existent, a liner script of walk to point A to point B and shoot the player. The side-missions only add an illusion of a sandbox game. There are only two types, Hostage Rescue and Hunt. The fort capture adds more to that illusion. There's also T.V. sets and V.H.S. tapes to find around the map to complete the illusion of a sand box game. Yet if it wanted to be a sand box, it would be much larger and would not have every single item, animal, base and enemy on your map.

There are two types of enemies you're going to run into. Animals, and Androids. The models are the exact same for the androids except for some very minor change to look like a different class. The animals can be said the same for their type. The weapons again are made on references to films, while there are upgrades for half of the weapons, they are worthless and do not help in any manner.

The gameplay is the now required linear go to point A, shoot and blow up, rinse, repeat. The story itself (ignoring the side missions, bases, etc.) will be completed in under an hour, and because the weapons are so powerful and no skill at all is required to play any part of this game you may even do it in under 45 minutes. Adding in the other things, you might get about 2 4 hours out of it. All in all, if you want to relive an '80's experience, are a fan of Michael Biehn, or want to laugh at pure stupidity then this is it, but for $15 it's not worth it, maybe for $10 or $5
  12. May 1, 2013
    What a breath of Fresh air. If you was an 80s or 90s kid, you will definately notice the various puns and homages. The graphic style is very Neon-heavy. Music is trashy goodness at its finest. Since i have not played the Original FC3 i cannot make any comparison in that regard. Pros: Fast Paced, Brutal, Combat, supertrashy story, sound all around, music and effects! Cons: The Landscape canWhat a breath of Fresh air. If you was an 80s or 90s kid, you will definately notice the various puns and homages. The graphic style is very Neon-heavy. Music is trashy goodness at its finest. Since i have not played the Original FC3 i cannot make any comparison in that regard. Pros: Fast Paced, Brutal, Combat, supertrashy story, sound all around, music and effects! Cons: The Landscape can get monotonous, since there is no real daynight cycle. Your only humanoid Enemies are limited to a handful.

Overall:
    For this price, you're really getting your moneys worth! The soundtrack alone will let any 80's 90's Kids pulse rise. 9/10
  13. May 2, 2013
    Excellent game. Doesn't take itself seriously and even takes the piss out of the genre. Super heaps of fun.

"Schools out... FOREVER. "
    - Sgt Rex Power Colt
  14. May 3, 2013
    Full of tongue-in-cheek awesome. From flipping the bird at whatever you want, to the fazertron laser rifle. Pure awesome. I wish they had made FC3 on this entire premise. My only beef is that it's kind of a small land area.
  15. May 1, 2013
    This game is fantastic. This will go down in game history like Duke Nukem (original). Witty humor mixed with blowing up stuff, the game even makes fun of itself.. It's what Duke Nukem forever should have been and what FarCry 3 (regular) should have been mixed into a single, fun, open ended, blowing stuff up game. 10 out of 10.
  16. May 2, 2013
    So cheesy so goooooooood!!!!!!! Had more fun with this than Far cry 3, voiceovers, art, sounds, music, graphics all sweat pure unabashed 80s action movie bliss!
  17. May 2, 2013
    Excellent game play, I love these kind of games but unfortunately they only come along once in a while. This is your chance to play a funny 80 's style game and its very cliche storyline. That only adds more fun to the game play and the overall progress.
  18. May 5, 2013
    A fun expansion that's worth the money. But when it comes down to it, the lack of exploration and relativity short length hurts it in the long run. If you love Far Cry 3 youll enjoy this game. Its funny and entertaining, but its game play is nothing special.
  19. May 3, 2013
    This game is a breath of fresh air in an increasingly stale FPS genre that has been too heavily influenced by a certain on-rails-modern-military-shooter and its clones.

This game is in many ways a re-skin of Far Cry 3 (the game mechanics are largely the same open world/taking outposts/doing quests/finding collectibles), but it is a lot more fun because it embraces the silliness and absurdity of it all.. Far Cry 3 was a dumb game that took itself way too seriously. Blood Dragon is a dumb game that absolutely nails the B movie so-bad-its-good tone and humor.

Of course, if the gameplay of Far Cry 3 didn't appeal to you at all, and if you don't like/get this style of humor, this game isn't for you. For everyone else, go part with your $15 right now!

If the average major game developer had even half the guts and creative balls that Ubisoft Montreal has shown by releasing this, the world of gaming would be a FAR better place.
  20. May 4, 2013
    Holy Crap This game is good! This is the coolest game EVER!!! For those who have played the Far Cry games, FC3BD takes all of the coolest things about Far Cry, and puts them in an 80's action movie experience that you absolutely MUST play to appreciate. For those unfamiliar with Far Cry, let's just say that there is a huge world to discover. You get to explore huge maps and take down enemyHoly Crap This game is good! This is the coolest game EVER!!! For those who have played the Far Cry games, FC3BD takes all of the coolest things about Far Cry, and puts them in an 80's action movie experience that you absolutely MUST play to appreciate. For those unfamiliar with Far Cry, let's just say that there is a huge world to discover. You get to explore huge maps and take down enemy outposts, using a variety of cool weapons. You can either do open assaults or play stealthy and sneak up on people to kill them. You can hunt animals, (and be hunted by them.) You get to drive land and water vehicles. There is just so much to do!! Anyhow, that's my short primer on Far Cry. So Blood Dragon is a spin off from Far Cry that takes place in the future (2007) Michael Biehn plays the lead character, named Rex Power Colt, a cyber soldier. Your mission is to stop your former commander Sloan who is also a cyber solder, but has gone rogue. Everything about this game pays homage to old 1980s action movies. You get to hear the predator vision when you switch your cyber zoom modes. You hear the pulsating synth Terminator music when you are stalking your enemies. It is a very enjoyable experience. The dialog exchanges between the characters make this game priceless! I highly recommend this game for anyone who has loved Terminator, Aliens, Predator, etc. You get to kill a bunch of cyber solders and save the world Far Cry style, and be Michael Biehn while you do it! Well Done UBISoft! **UPDATE** I just beat the game on hard. The ending is so freaking good!!! Play it all the way through!!! Expand
  21. May 6, 2013
    What do you get when you put an eighties action star like Michael Biehn into an action shooter that combines all the great sci-fi elements of said era? You get Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. This game shows us that you don't have to take the story seriously to enjoy an action game. I don't want to ruin anything for you guys but ultimately you get the girl, kill the bad guys, and save the entireWhat do you get when you put an eighties action star like Michael Biehn into an action shooter that combines all the great sci-fi elements of said era? You get Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. This game shows us that you don't have to take the story seriously to enjoy an action game. I don't want to ruin anything for you guys but ultimately you get the girl, kill the bad guys, and save the entire planet. Now isn't that worth a measly fifteen bucks? Expand
  22. May 6, 2013
    Same mechanics as in FC3, but the new, awesome futuristic 80's look. I love it. The soundtrack is superb, the story is fun and full of comedy, loads of guns, loads of upgrades, lots to see, and everything is for 15 bucks (or euros). It's definitely worth it. It plays as it looks. Just make sure you'll play it in short bursts. +don't buy those map things, where it reveals the collectiblesSame mechanics as in FC3, but the new, awesome futuristic 80's look. I love it. The soundtrack is superb, the story is fun and full of comedy, loads of guns, loads of upgrades, lots to see, and everything is for 15 bucks (or euros). It's definitely worth it. It plays as it looks. Just make sure you'll play it in short bursts. +don't buy those map things, where it reveals the collectibles on the map because it shortens the length A LOT. Just don't rush it and it'll feel like a good 20 hour game.

Also a lot of people had problems with UPLAY, but believe me, if it would be that bad as "everyone" says, we would have a Simcity 5 situation over here.
  23. May 6, 2013
    At 15 bucks, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon offers up an incredible love letter to fans of music, movies, cartoons, and videogames from the '80s and early '90s; if you are a fan, you will like this DLC. It's over the top, utilizes the same engine and general game mechanics from the well received Far Cry 3, and the atmosphere is unique and fresh, while familiar to anyone who has seen Blade Runner,At 15 bucks, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon offers up an incredible love letter to fans of music, movies, cartoons, and videogames from the '80s and early '90s; if you are a fan, you will like this DLC. It's over the top, utilizes the same engine and general game mechanics from the well received Far Cry 3, and the atmosphere is unique and fresh, while familiar to anyone who has seen Blade Runner, Terminator, or Aliens, Transformers, Predator, Aliens... the list goes on. And to top it all off, the musical score is excellent, borrowing while also paying homage to several scores from popular films of the 1980's and early '90s. All around, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is geared towards a specific demographic of players, while the humor and parody also draw to light elements of the modern gaming community that have changed over the years (a reference to the modern response to videogame violence, as well as the dumbing down of difficulty represented by in game obnoxious, self aware 'hints').
    I can't praise Blood Dragon enough; it's just a breath of fresh air.
  24. May 16, 2013
    If you have a fetish for cyborgs, lasers, sexy women, robot-sharks, Ronald Reagan, neon, OPEC, blood and/or dragons then I highly recommend this game to you.
  25. May 20, 2013
    This ruined Far Cry 3. For me, anyway. I used to see Far Cry 3 as a very survivalist, deep story and game. But 'Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon" does not serve as a good Standalone Expansion. I wouldn't even call it that. I'd call it a 'Same-Engine Shorter-Plot'. It is in no way connected to Far Cry 3.

The amazingly annoying tutorials, trying to pick fun, only amuses 14 year olds, whom just can't grow up yet. I recognize that the game conveys it as 'Ooh, this is what other games do, i hate that!'. But then they do it. Gameplay is exactly like Far Cry 3, only with reload animations that give a nice coffee time. The only okay one is the shotgun, as shotguns tend to take that long in most games, but the SMG is stupidly slower than it should've been.

Graphics. I wouldn't know if they're good or bad, as they're all red. The gamma is horribad.

All in all, if you're a 14 year old, go for it. Otherwise, play something worth while at the same price range, such as CS:GO, Don't Starve, Skyrim, KSP, L4D2, etc.
  26. Jul 28, 2013
    Bought a steam version of the game and it was a huge disappointment. First Ubisofts Uplay annoys the crap out of me with their own DRM. Then the game itself is plain. It offers nothing that you haven't seen 10 years ago. Can't recommend this game to anyone.
  27. May 2, 2013
    Do not buy this game until they patch it. One more time Ubisoft released the product that is buggy as hell. On my GTX560ti it crashes every 35 minutes and won't save the progress between launches. From the looks of it (steam/uplay forums) by buying this game you are playing a roulette. For some it works. For many it doesnt.
  28. May 2, 2013
    Ultimately the same game as Far Cry 3, with a few additional features and gameplay modifications. Most weapons and enemies are reskinned, but it feels like a completely new game. The story is cliche'd, which is intentional, being a tribute to the 80's and 90's action films. It's both hilarious and stimulating. Blood Dragon is nostalgic, without reaching the point of being pretentious andUltimately the same game as Far Cry 3, with a few additional features and gameplay modifications. Most weapons and enemies are reskinned, but it feels like a completely new game. The story is cliche'd, which is intentional, being a tribute to the 80's and 90's action films. It's both hilarious and stimulating. Blood Dragon is nostalgic, without reaching the point of being pretentious and alienating. If you loved Far Cry 3, and you've enjoyed films such as Robocop and Terminator, you'll most certainly enjoy Blood Dragon. Expand
  29. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has WORST GAME SAVING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. You can't save a game during a mission, and when you try to do so, it brings you an error that "you cant save game during a mission, the game will be saved automically when you reach the checkpoint". I am at the dam level, and reached a lot of checkpoints, and reached the scientist. I have leaved the game here, and guess what? When i launched the game again, i had to do the whole mission again! The game is very nice, has nice graphics and is a good recreation of a '80 film, but this bug doesn't let me play the game normally, thats why i gave it a 5. Expand
  30. May 3, 2013
    I've really enjoyed this game. The whole neon past-futurism thing is really fun and different. I personally felt like it could have been less aware of itself, really. A lot of the jokes fall pretty flat, not that it stopped me from enjoying an otherwise excellent FPS experience with lots to do to keep you busy. I wonder how much better it could have been if it took itself a little moreI've really enjoyed this game. The whole neon past-futurism thing is really fun and different. I personally felt like it could have been less aware of itself, really. A lot of the jokes fall pretty flat, not that it stopped me from enjoying an otherwise excellent FPS experience with lots to do to keep you busy. I wonder how much better it could have been if it took itself a little more seriously (Think of the darker tone of a film like Robocop!) Expand

1. Jul 3, 2013
    Although it wasn't meant to be taken seriously, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is a surprisingly good game.
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    It's Far Cry 3 dressed as trashily as you can imagine; the joke only goes so far, but it's definitely fun to play. [July 2013, p.90]
  3. Jun 19, 2013
    Like wandering through a theme park dedicated to the excess of 80s blockbuster entertainment, Blood Dragon takes Far Cry’s proven gameplay formula and adds humour, a new coat of paint and a script free from qualms of narrative dissonance.