Far Cry 3 PC

8.2

1. Feb 23, 2014
    Very satisfying combat, but it gets boring when every outpost attack is the same. The story is pretty lame really, and all of the characters in the little side-quests are totally boring and I wish I could skip the dialogue. The feeling is this is somewhere between the Just Cause series, where the plot doesn't really matter and it's just a ton of fun to cause chaos on the island, andVery satisfying combat, but it gets boring when every outpost attack is the same. The story is pretty lame really, and all of the characters in the little side-quests are totally boring and I wish I could skip the dialogue. The feeling is this is somewhere between the Just Cause series, where the plot doesn't really matter and it's just a ton of fun to cause chaos on the island, and something more serious like Skyrim where the story is pretty deep and enjoyable. Expand
  2. Apr 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off the story completely ruined this for me! The main character Jason brody was one of the worst choices they could have made for a one man wrecking machine(rambo on steroids).
    His brother would have been a much better choice for the main character looking to avenge his brothers death as well as save his remaining friends.
    But even then it would not be very believable/great story but i could at least stomach it.
    Game play is great for me,guns all feel great and sound great.
    graphics are not crysis 3 but very good nonetheless and i wanted to add that it should be mandatory that all games include a music volume not just a on/off mode!
    I liked the backing audio BUT it was too loud at parts making it very distracting and annoying,
    My best advice is for everyone reading this to not take my word for it or anyone elses that reviews a game or whatever but just try it yourself.
    I have found from reading reviews it is a waste of time, many time i have loved a game even though the majority said it sucked and of course the opposite has happened as well, i hated the game but it was a best seller and high rated game :/
    It all comes down to your own personal feelings and thoughts about any game because what i like you may not and what i hate you may love?
    That's what makes up each individuals,we can't all like the same exact things thats just the way it is.
  3. Oct 31, 2014
    OK, Ubisoft, please answer me this : WHY ARE THE CUTSCENES NOT SKIPPABLE ?!?! Why do I have to sit and wait for X minutes and cannot just skip the boring lame animatios ?! The story really really sux, otherwise I would give it much higher score, but I could not even finish the game because I became allergic to the stupid boring cutscenes !!!!
  4. Nov 23, 2014
    The game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minorThe game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minor inconveniences with crafting and having to bounce back and forth for components, this is a beautiful game. It would get an 8.5 if it didn't lag with a beefy videocard. Expand
  5. May 31, 2014
    The game is a lot of fun from times to times. The island world is really beautiful and the cut scenes and npc acting is so great that it some times feels like beeing in a movie. The down side is that the island istoo crowded with enemy NPC:s (which consists of animals and guerilla warriors). You can't go any 100 meters in any direction without bumping in to a fight with something whichThe game is a lot of fun from times to times. The island world is really beautiful and the cut scenes and npc acting is so great that it some times feels like beeing in a movie. The down side is that the island istoo crowded with enemy NPC:s (which consists of animals and guerilla warriors). You can't go any 100 meters in any direction without bumping in to a fight with something which destroys the flow that the game could have had.
    The multiplyer of the game is good but generic.
  6. Aug 14, 2014
    This is a really good game excellent graphics still in 2014 but... the old problem, the outposts system.. it taked nearly 45 hours to finish this game i loved the story, gameplay is one step further than FC2.

I really disliked the outposts system, i need a new recipe from Ubisoft. They are great of making videogames now they need to move a step further and create new innovative ways to explore their huge open worlds.
  7. Mar 25, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is painfully average. It starts off strong and sucks you into the theme easilly, but gets really dull after a short while of playing. The dialogues repeat, the activities are repetitive, AI keeps doing the dumbest things etc etc. What bothers me above anything is that the main missions force you down a specific path and doesn't tell you what it is going to be, so you're usually coming ill prepared.
    SPOILERS: At the end of the game as you're saving Riley from the airport you hop on a helicopter to fly out of the airport and escape the hordes of Hoyt's mercenaries. Riley has a pilot's licence for a plane, but he's got no experience with helis. Nonetheless he gets you off the ground and manages to manouver the helicopter. Thing is, he **** circles the airport and never gets higher than 30 meters off the ground. Know why? Cause the developers want you to enjoy the action of shooting at everything that moves (with explosions ofc). Half the time there's things blowing up on their own and the AI conveniently keeps taking cover behind gasoline barrels. Meanwhile they're calling you "The Traitor" over and over again. I'm **** SNOW WHITE! I was never part of your gang of mercenaries!!

This episode is just one example of the many bugs, braindead activities, oversights etc that put me off this game. Only chose this because I finally had enough while doing this particular mission. The whole game is a grind, and it's not even an MMO where grinding can give you a sense of purpose. Far Cry 3 is a kiddy game, it's not for anybody who expects more than action.

AND WHY DON'T THE LOCALS EVER HELP ME!?!? I am liberating your whole island by myself and I'm getting 0 help from you - literally 0. If you're already forcing me to ditch the stealthy approach and go in guns blazing, you might aswell have these guys help me out. No-one in the history of mankind has singlehandedly killed so many people as this adrenaline junkie who was mortified by the sight of a bad guy dying at the beginning of the game.

I'd go on and on, but I've come to expect this from Ubisoft's games. The games they publish are usually just eye candy and lack in most other aspects.

Kudos to the driving mechanics though. Driving around was a blast at first, but eventually I ceased to care about exploring so I just quit and did it only when it was required.
  8. Jul 24, 2016
    I waited quite a while to play this game. My grand kids, who hated Far Cry 2, loved this game. Ironically, I thought (still do) Far Cry 2 was/is the best FPS I've ever played. It was flawed in many respects, but it ALWAYS kept me IN the world. You can get shot while looking at your map. You can look at your map and drive at the same time. Nothing was safe. I even complained aboutI waited quite a while to play this game. My grand kids, who hated Far Cry 2, loved this game. Ironically, I thought (still do) Far Cry 2 was/is the best FPS I've ever played. It was flawed in many respects, but it ALWAYS kept me IN the world. You can get shot while looking at your map. You can look at your map and drive at the same time. Nothing was safe. I even complained about having GPS and found a way to turn that off. The game did not fair well. I wonder why (as I roll my eyes).

Well, I have played FC3 and am on the south island and nearing the end of the game. I won't finish it. The game makes me fell like a grade school kid.

It's ironic that a gamer will complain about FC2 because, "the enemy can see me from a mile away!" and then love FC3 where the enemy turns into little dots running around on your mini map. And people wonder what has happened to gaming.

I don't blame Ubisoft, it's the gamers that are the problem.

This is a little kids game.
  9. May 18, 2016
    This game is average , because graphics in this game is bad , but storyline is good . This game is Action , but at the moments Stealth . This game is not one of the best game of 2012 . Far Cry 3 better than Far Cry 4 and Far Cry 3 interesting pass . 6/10 .
  10. Jul 5, 2016
    Far Cry 3 was one of the most interesting game I have played ever. It features an innovative gameplay (for the time when it was released), a fascinating plot, good music, and, of course, awesome graphics! If you like FPS a lot, this game is must-have!
  11. Dec 8, 2012
    Man, I don't know what these negative reviewers expect from games. This game is awesome. The action is awesome, the story is pretty good, the sandbox is great, and I didn't see anything wrong with the animal skin crafting system. Also, I didn't have any problems with the stealth system, at all. It functioned as it should. People complaining about activating towers are just whiny children.Man, I don't know what these negative reviewers expect from games. This game is awesome. The action is awesome, the story is pretty good, the sandbox is great, and I didn't see anything wrong with the animal skin crafting system. Also, I didn't have any problems with the stealth system, at all. It functioned as it should. People complaining about activating towers are just whiny children. It takes about 1 min. to climb and activate them, and receiving guns for it isn't so ridiculous, you have to get them some way, and if you don't like climbing the towers, don't. You can get guns by taking them from enemies as well. And as far as side quests being repetitive, what do you expect, they're side quests. This can be said for most sandbox games out there. You can't expect every side quest, especially in a game with so many of them, to feel like a totally new and original story quest. This is an unrealistic idea. The scripted scenes are fun to play, also. I'm so tired of these people that act like they're such video game connoisseurs, that any one who enjoyed this game is, obviously, a casual gamer. Like they know something about games that we don't. I have a badass gaming rig, and every console as well, hence, I'm a gamer, a serious one. I enjoy all good games on all platforms,pc mostly, but I'm not beyond throwing in that nes classic, and playing for hours. Being so intent to play only one platform doesn't make you a gaming elitist, it makes you a close minded retard. No one I know has played MORE games than me, and I don't see what this hate of consoles is all about. Granted, I do buy every game for PC when I can, but I still buy console exclusives, and enjoy playing them. Get off your high horse, and quit acting like you're so much more of a gamer, it's f$%^ing stupid. People like you are the reason I can't trust these pretentious, official reviewers anymore. Everyone is getting too picky and it makes me sick. The only advice I can give these idiots, is quit expecting every game to be a groundbreaking masterpiece. There is nothing wrong with this game, and it functions exactly how I expected it to. If you like shooters that are open world, and have many side objectives and things to do, you should like this game, unless you're trying to prove how elite and ahead of the gaming curve you are. I could sit here and try to pick apart the game, and point out how certain things could've been handled differently, to be made more difficult for you "elite gamers" out there, but instead, I'm gonna just play the damn game and enjoy it. I wanna see what happens to my friends. Collapse

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Hyper Magazine