8.2

1. Nov 23, 2014
    The game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minorThe game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minor inconveniences with crafting and having to bounce back and forth for components, this is a beautiful game. It would get an 8.5 if it didn't lag with a beefy videocard. Expand
  2. May 31, 2014
    The game is a lot of fun from times to times. The island world is really beautiful and the cut scenes and npc acting is so great that it some times feels like beeing in a movie. The down side is that the island istoo crowded with enemy NPC:s (which consists of animals and guerilla warriors). You can't go any 100 meters in any direction without bumping in to a fight with something whichThe game is a lot of fun from times to times. The island world is really beautiful and the cut scenes and npc acting is so great that it some times feels like beeing in a movie. The down side is that the island istoo crowded with enemy NPC:s (which consists of animals and guerilla warriors). You can't go any 100 meters in any direction without bumping in to a fight with something which destroys the flow that the game could have had.
    The multiplyer of the game is good but generic.
  3. Aug 14, 2014
    This is a really good game excellent graphics still in 2014 but... the old problem, the outposts system.. it taked nearly 45 hours to finish this game i loved the story, gameplay is one step further than FC2.

I really disliked the outposts system, i need a new recipe from Ubisoft. They are great of making videogames now they need to move a step further and create new innovative ways to explore their huge open worlds.
  4. Jan 15, 2015
    The game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must doThe game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must do everything on his own. Side missions are many and useless.
    Graphics are very good, every event and place is designed with the most accuracy. You'll never get tired of exploring the jungle. There are many guns in different classes and there's even a crossbow which is very handy and stealthy. Each weapon may have some upgrades (like silencer) that you can buy from the stores. Skills are numerous and help you in the levels very much, including how to kill an enemy below you, how to kill a heavy gunner and so on.
    The game is interesting, for sure. But it would be much better if they worked on the story and characters a bit more.
  5. Dec 8, 2012
    This is by FAR the best game I have played ALL year. Screw dishonoured and its psuedo-non-linear path with the lowest duration I've seen in a game in a long time. Farcry 3 takes FPS seriously to an entirely new, unique and superior level. In all honesty this game has believable characters, amazing graphics, jaw-dropping story-line and polished gameplay mechanics. Totally ignore those whoThis is by FAR the best game I have played ALL year. Screw dishonoured and its psuedo-non-linear path with the lowest duration I've seen in a game in a long time. Farcry 3 takes FPS seriously to an entirely new, unique and superior level. In all honesty this game has believable characters, amazing graphics, jaw-dropping story-line and polished gameplay mechanics. Totally ignore those who crap on about it not having mutants, ignore those that try and wreck the franchise by even comparing it to CoD these people lack significant game experience if that's all they can compare this game to.
    Farcry 3 breaks all the barriers that keep CoD and Black Ops players in their pen and allows them to use that rinse-repeat formula. When I played this initially I didn't expect much, but 10 minutes in and I was already impressed. The voice acting is astounding, the character expression and casting have been hand picked and when I play the game I never felt bored - you control entirely the direction of the game from beginning to end; there is a preset path but with a nigh infinite series of side quests at your fingertips. Here's what this game isnt; a bloody MMORPG, CoD, Farcry 2, Assassin Creed 3 etc etc ....it is it's own game. What people are complaining about are trivial - non skipable cutscenes...that you only watch once....erm wow knock of some points, it must be a MMORPG because you gather materials and you "grind quests"; i actually laughed at that one. Im trying not to use foul language here, really im trying. To put it simple here IS what Farcry 3 was to me and to the people that gave it 100% (which it deserves):
    - Free from FPS that lets you explore and "grind" (lol seriously) as much as you like or not at all.
    - Beautifully rendered cutscenes that use the in-game engine to push the story ahead.
    - Phenomenal character design and high production values spent on in-game cinematography and voice acting (i cannot stress how refreshing this is).
    - A HUGE array of side quests and unlockable weapons.
    - Gets the player (me) engaged with not only the story, but the wildlife and the island itself; it is tough not to become part of the game and it's characters.
    - EPIC in length; I've been playing this for 1 - 2 weeks, almost all the time. I have enjoyed every hour to be honest.
    - Well organised and crafted level up / skill system.
    Multiplayer is also plenty of fun with unlockable weapons. You start of with some basic loadouts and then like every other multiplayer now, you level up through kills etc. Just so you know its easy, I went from 1 to 37 in 1 day alone; its not that difficult. I will point out though you can get VERY far with only using the first weapon in your loadout - so it felt it was quite balanced.
    Here's what Farcry 3 does wrong:
    - Sticky Controls at times.
    - Feels a little bit like a console when picking up items or interacting with the environment in any way.
    - I had only 1 glitch in the entire game.
    - Perhaps running and falling should be better explained to the player. I.e running off a cliff will "amazingly" kill you, whilst walking down or crouching down the side of a cliff keeps your kneecaps intact. Here are the dumbass complaints you should ignore:
    - Total reliance on woods to heal, and the healing system is dodgy.
    Bollocks simply put. The healing system serves a purpose otherwise you would never get anyway and constantly be slaughtered. It's your job to keep your injections to heal full and your job to find locations for safety to heal yourself. If the game has them hunting you (like real people do) then holy crap that is what should happen.
    - Quick time events are everywhere.
    Garbage. They are present and serve as cutscene mechanics. They flow well and are actually enjoyable to utilize during the scene itself. The only other time you use quicktime events is when you're about to die, or being attacked by an animal - it's giving you a chance - I cant believe someone complained about this
    - Unlock skills and equipment to quick:
    Ridiculous. To level up you need to progress thorough the story's parts; otherwise you have levels to spend but they are unavailable; its a mechanic that warrants the player invests time in the story and not just dicking around. Salvaging animals to make better gear is great fun but you dont have to do this, so it's really up to you whether or not you want to spend the time or not. Look guys, the list could go on. Let me make this clear..read very carefully the reviews that give it below 5 or 4...read them. I mentioned the graphics once, I discussed predominantly the gameplay. The Direct X11 is amazing, yes, but aspects such as AI, the rpg elements, and sooo much more makes this game worth playing. When someone on here compares this FPS with a decent story for a change to an MMORPG...seriously, read them for a laugh. I sincerely hope this helps you BUY the game and ignore those flamers that wreck a game that for once is borderline a piece of art.

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013