Far Cry 3 PC

8.2

1. Feb 23, 2014
    Very satisfying combat, but it gets boring when every outpost attack is the same. The story is pretty lame really, and all of the characters in the little side-quests are totally boring and I wish I could skip the dialogue. The feeling is this is somewhere between the Just Cause series, where the plot doesn't really matter and it's just a ton of fun to cause chaos on the island, andVery satisfying combat, but it gets boring when every outpost attack is the same. The story is pretty lame really, and all of the characters in the little side-quests are totally boring and I wish I could skip the dialogue. The feeling is this is somewhere between the Just Cause series, where the plot doesn't really matter and it's just a ton of fun to cause chaos on the island, and something more serious like Skyrim where the story is pretty deep and enjoyable. Expand
  2. Apr 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off the story completely ruined this for me! The main character Jason brody was one of the worst choices they could have made for a one man wrecking machine(rambo on steroids).
    His brother would have been a much better choice for the main character looking to avenge his brothers death as well as save his remaining friends.
    But even then it would not be very believable/great story but i could at least stomach it.
    Game play is great for me,guns all feel great and sound great.
    graphics are not crysis 3 but very good nonetheless and i wanted to add that it should be mandatory that all games include a music volume not just a on/off mode!
    I liked the backing audio BUT it was too loud at parts making it very distracting and annoying,
    My best advice is for everyone reading this to not take my word for it or anyone elses that reviews a game or whatever but just try it yourself.
    I have found from reading reviews it is a waste of time, many time i have loved a game even though the majority said it sucked and of course the opposite has happened as well, i hated the game but it was a best seller and high rated game :/
    It all comes down to your own personal feelings and thoughts about any game because what i like you may not and what i hate you may love?
    That's what makes up each individuals,we can't all like the same exact things thats just the way it is.
  3. Oct 31, 2014
    OK, Ubisoft, please answer me this : WHY ARE THE CUTSCENES NOT SKIPPABLE ?!?! Why do I have to sit and wait for X minutes and cannot just skip the boring lame animatios ?! The story really really sux, otherwise I would give it much higher score, but I could not even finish the game because I became allergic to the stupid boring cutscenes !!!!
  4. Nov 23, 2014
    The game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minorThe game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minor inconveniences with crafting and having to bounce back and forth for components, this is a beautiful game. It would get an 8.5 if it didn't lag with a beefy videocard. Expand
  5. May 31, 2014
    The game is a lot of fun from times to times. The island world is really beautiful and the cut scenes and npc acting is so great that it some times feels like beeing in a movie. The down side is that the island istoo crowded with enemy NPC:s (which consists of animals and guerilla warriors). You can't go any 100 meters in any direction without bumping in to a fight with something whichThe game is a lot of fun from times to times. The island world is really beautiful and the cut scenes and npc acting is so great that it some times feels like beeing in a movie. The down side is that the island istoo crowded with enemy NPC:s (which consists of animals and guerilla warriors). You can't go any 100 meters in any direction without bumping in to a fight with something which destroys the flow that the game could have had.
    The multiplyer of the game is good but generic.
  6. Aug 14, 2014
    This is a really good game excellent graphics still in 2014 but... the old problem, the outposts system.. it taked nearly 45 hours to finish this game i loved the story, gameplay is one step further than FC2.

I really disliked the outposts system, i need a new recipe from Ubisoft. They are great of making videogames now they need to move a step further and create new innovative ways to explore their huge open worlds.
  7. Mar 25, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game is painfully average. It starts off strong and sucks you into the theme easilly, but gets really dull after a short while of playing. The dialogues repeat, the activities are repetitive, AI keeps doing the dumbest things etc etc. What bothers me above anything is that the main missions force you down a specific path and doesn't tell you what it is going to be, so you're usually coming ill prepared.
    SPOILERS: At the end of the game as you're saving Riley from the airport you hop on a helicopter to fly out of the airport and escape the hordes of Hoyt's mercenaries. Riley has a pilot's licence for a plane, but he's got no experience with helis. Nonetheless he gets you off the ground and manages to manouver the helicopter. Thing is, he **** circles the airport and never gets higher than 30 meters off the ground. Know why? Cause the developers want you to enjoy the action of shooting at everything that moves (with explosions ofc). Half the time there's things blowing up on their own and the AI conveniently keeps taking cover behind gasoline barrels. Meanwhile they're calling you "The Traitor" over and over again. I'm **** SNOW WHITE! I was never part of your gang of mercenaries!!

This episode is just one example of the many bugs, braindead activities, oversights etc that put me off this game. Only chose this because I finally had enough while doing this particular mission. The whole game is a grind, and it's not even an MMO where grinding can give you a sense of purpose. Far Cry 3 is a kiddy game, it's not for anybody who expects more than action.

AND WHY DON'T THE LOCALS EVER HELP ME!?!? I am liberating your whole island by myself and I'm getting 0 help from you - literally 0. If you're already forcing me to ditch the stealthy approach and go in guns blazing, you might aswell have these guys help me out. No-one in the history of mankind has singlehandedly killed so many people as this adrenaline junkie who was mortified by the sight of a bad guy dying at the beginning of the game.

I'd go on and on, but I've come to expect this from Ubisoft's games. The games they publish are usually just eye candy and lack in most other aspects.

Kudos to the driving mechanics though. Driving around was a blast at first, but eventually I ceased to care about exploring so I just quit and did it only when it was required.
  8. May 18, 2016
    This game is average , because graphics in this game is bad , but storyline is good . This game is Action , but at the moments Stealth . This game is not one of the best game of 2012 . Far Cry 3 better than Far Cry 4 and Far Cry 3 interesting pass . 6/10 .
  9. Jul 5, 2016
    Far Cry 3 was one of the most interesting game I have played ever. It features an innovative gameplay (for the time when it was released), a fascinating plot, good music, and, of course, awesome graphics! If you like FPS a lot, this game is must-have!
  10. Dec 8, 2012
    This is by FAR the best game I have played ALL year. Screw dishonoured and its psuedo-non-linear path with the lowest duration I've seen in a game in a long time. Farcry 3 takes FPS seriously to an entirely new, unique and superior level. In all honesty this game has believable characters, amazing graphics, jaw-dropping story-line and polished gameplay mechanics. Totally ignore those whoThis is by FAR the best game I have played ALL year. Screw dishonoured and its psuedo-non-linear path with the lowest duration I've seen in a game in a long time. Farcry 3 takes FPS seriously to an entirely new, unique and superior level. In all honesty this game has believable characters, amazing graphics, jaw-dropping story-line and polished gameplay mechanics. Totally ignore those who crap on about it not having mutants, ignore those that try and wreck the franchise by even comparing it to CoD these people lack significant game experience if that's all they can compare this game to.
    Farcry 3 breaks all the barriers that keep CoD and Black Ops players in their pen and allows them to use that rinse-repeat formula. When I played this initially I didn't expect much, but 10 minutes in and I was already impressed. The voice acting is astounding, the character expression and casting have been hand picked and when I play the game I never felt bored - you control entirely the direction of the game from beginning to end; there is a preset path but with a nigh infinite series of side quests at your fingertips. Here's what this game isnt; a bloody MMORPG, CoD, Farcry 2, Assassin Creed 3 etc etc ....it is it's own game. What people are complaining about are trivial - non skipable cutscenes...that you only watch once....erm wow knock of some points, it must be a MMORPG because you gather materials and you "grind quests"; i actually laughed at that one. Im trying not to use foul language here, really im trying. To put it simple here IS what Farcry 3 was to me and to the people that gave it 100% (which it deserves):
    - Free from FPS that lets you explore and "grind" (lol seriously) as much as you like or not at all.
    - Beautifully rendered cutscenes that use the in-game engine to push the story ahead.
    - Phenomenal character design and high production values spent on in-game cinematography and voice acting (i cannot stress how refreshing this is).
    - A HUGE array of side quests and unlockable weapons.
    - Gets the player (me) engaged with not only the story, but the wildlife and the island itself; it is tough not to become part of the game and it's characters.
    - EPIC in length; I've been playing this for 1 - 2 weeks, almost all the time. I have enjoyed every hour to be honest.
    - Well organised and crafted level up / skill system.
    Multiplayer is also plenty of fun with unlockable weapons. You start of with some basic loadouts and then like every other multiplayer now, you level up through kills etc. Just so you know its easy, I went from 1 to 37 in 1 day alone; its not that difficult. I will point out though you can get VERY far with only using the first weapon in your loadout - so it felt it was quite balanced.
    Here's what Farcry 3 does wrong:
    - Sticky Controls at times.
    - Feels a little bit like a console when picking up items or interacting with the environment in any way.
    - I had only 1 glitch in the entire game.
    - Perhaps running and falling should be better explained to the player. I.e running off a cliff will "amazingly" kill you, whilst walking down or crouching down the side of a cliff keeps your kneecaps intact. Here are the dumbass complaints you should ignore:
    - Total reliance on woods to heal, and the healing system is dodgy.
    Bollocks simply put. The healing system serves a purpose otherwise you would never get anyway and constantly be slaughtered. It's your job to keep your injections to heal full and your job to find locations for safety to heal yourself. If the game has them hunting you (like real people do) then holy crap that is what should happen.
    - Quick time events are everywhere.
    Garbage. They are present and serve as cutscene mechanics. They flow well and are actually enjoyable to utilize during the scene itself. The only other time you use quicktime events is when you're about to die, or being attacked by an animal - it's giving you a chance - I cant believe someone complained about this
    - Unlock skills and equipment to quick:
    Ridiculous. To level up you need to progress thorough the story's parts; otherwise you have levels to spend but they are unavailable; its a mechanic that warrants the player invests time in the story and not just dicking around. Salvaging animals to make better gear is great fun but you dont have to do this, so it's really up to you whether or not you want to spend the time or not. Look guys, the list could go on. Let me make this clear..read very carefully the reviews that give it below 5 or 4...read them. I mentioned the graphics once, I discussed predominantly the gameplay. The Direct X11 is amazing, yes, but aspects such as AI, the rpg elements, and sooo much more makes this game worth playing. When someone on here compares this FPS with a decent story for a change to an MMORPG...seriously, read them for a laugh. I sincerely hope this helps you BUY the game and ignore those flamers that wreck a game that for once is borderline a piece of art.

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Hyper Magazine