8.2

1. Dec 4, 2012
    (Note: I'm in Europe, I've had this game since Nov 29th) I think this is the first game this year to not disappoint me. I was a semi-fan of Far Cry 2 - it was almost a good game, but some unfortunately game-breaking bugs, such as the quickly respawning enemies and broken stealth elements, kept it from reaching its potential and could unfortunately not be modded away. I had high hopes that(Note: I'm in Europe, I've had this game since Nov 29th) I think this is the first game this year to not disappoint me. I was a semi-fan of Far Cry 2 - it was almost a good game, but some unfortunately game-breaking bugs, such as the quickly respawning enemies and broken stealth elements, kept it from reaching its potential and could unfortunately not be modded away. I had high hopes that Far Cry 3 would fix these mistakes while keeping the open gameplay and solid shooter mechanics. It has. Far Cry 3 starts you off as a regular Joe who's never killed anyone before, and forces him to become a killing machine in order to save his friends and two brothers. This story is nice enough, but doesn't explain how Jason - that's you - becomes the world's foremost assassin in a couple of days, so Ubisoft apparently felt the need to add some voodoo magic to explain this. I'm not too sure about this design decisions, which also leads to some, in my opinion, bad story elements, but I suppose it works well enough to keep you interested. The gameplay is absolutely great, letting you freely choose stealth or gung-ho gunning in almost every situation, and particularly the stealth gameplay is some of the best I've seen yet, and it's my favourite genre. Like in Far Cry 2 you are encouraged to scout enemy positions before attacking, and your (admittedly unrealistic and unexplained) zoom-lens camera can tag enemies for you, letting you know their positions in realtime when you move in. If you go the stealth-route you can then choose to dispatch your enemies either with your machete, which will give an XP bonus (yes, the game has RPG elements that also work great), or with any number of silenced weapons, not least of which a bow. If you go with the machete, a skill upgrade will also allow you to drag away the bodies, so your enemies won't find them and raise the alarm. If you clear an enemy outpost silently, you get triple the XP on top of the satisfaction.

Graphics are of course as excellent as you'd expect from a Far Cry game, and the island is huge (but don't worry, you can fast travel) and looks absolutely stunning, with extreme view range even on the lowest settings. Though I have to say I miss the African savannah setting from FC2, which has now been replaced with a more commonly seen South-east Asian jungle island.

Unfortunately there are a few things I don't like so much, that prevent it from getting a perfect 10. One of the things, which may seem minor, is that the game constantly reminds you to go to your next main mission with a box on screen and a thumping sound. That's extremely annoying when on a side mission, as even after many hours of gameplay, I think I've been discovered or something when the sound plays. The story has clearly taken quite a few hints from COD, and incidentally they're the parts I like the least. The side missions are still very repetitive and don't feel natural. The hunting gameplay, which starts out very rewarding, becomes completely pointless fairly quickly, when you've upgraded what you want. Why not make pelts worth some decent money at least? I can get more from searching one enemy corpse than by selling a tiger skin. I'm also not too crazy about most of the skills being locked for the first half or so of the game. I think it should be limited by XP levels alone. There are also a few inconsistencies in the gameplay, such as enemies sometimes hearing you throw a knife and sometimes not, and the takedown button (one hit kill with machete) sometimes not working, making you just slash an enemy instead, which alerts the others. Really annoying when you're going for that undetected bonus. But none of this is enough to ruin my enjoyment of what really is a great game.
  2. Dec 4, 2012
    An amazing game, featuring stunning visuals and gameplay..
    The combat system allows you to play the game your own way, whether it be like rambo or hitman, or a combination of both himbon! and many other play styles..
    The story could be strong, but its easily over looked when there is so much to do and explore.. This has quickly become one of my top 5 favorite games of all time, I would
    An amazing game, featuring stunning visuals and gameplay..
    This has quickly become one of my top 5 favorite games of all time, I would rank it up there with the GTA Series, Elderscrolls, dark souls and halflife..

The co-op adds many more ours of fun and a social immersion into the tropical island paradise/hell..

Get this game you won't regret it, definitely worth the $70!
  3. Dec 4, 2012
    I fail to understand the negative reviews!

What a game! I have been a gamer now for more than 30 years and there are few games these days which really grab me. Dishonoured was one of the best from 2012. Far Cry 3 very quickly became another. I thnk what sums up the brilliance of this game for me is to say that the best set pieces of the game so far, were not set pieces. They were
    I fail to understand the negative reviews!

I thnk what sums up the brilliance of this game for me is to say that the best set pieces of the game so far, were not set pieces. They were nothing more than "luck", or is that fate? Running from a group of bad guys in my lovely new shiny jeep only to come face to face with another enemy vehicle coming the other way. Careering off the bridge and baling at the last moment, only to find myself swimming towards an undiscovered underwater tunnel... what lies ahead I wonder?

Truly amazing.

Graphics and gameplay are top notch. Amazling level of freedom. I never once felt pushed down a singular route.

Yes there are some nigles, hence the 9. Occasional texture flickering. Occasional problems grabbing a ledge or activating a switch. Oh and occasionally forcing me to stay up in to the early hours when I should be sleeping!!

Truly amazing! Best shooter for an age....
  4. Dec 4, 2012
    This game was completely off my radar for 2012. [I actually never finished Far Cry 2... hated the lack of reason to explore and terrible storyline. And oh god how bad was malaria?] Well guess what... THIS IS GAME OF THE YEAR 2012 MATERIAL! Single player took approximately 30 hrs (55% completion based on stats). The storyline is intense, amazing, and had me in tears at points throughout theThis game was completely off my radar for 2012. [I actually never finished Far Cry 2... hated the lack of reason to explore and terrible storyline. And oh god how bad was malaria?] Well guess what... THIS IS GAME OF THE YEAR 2012 MATERIAL! Single player took approximately 30 hrs (55% completion based on stats). The storyline is intense, amazing, and had me in tears at points throughout the whole journey. They've basically either removed or improved everything in Far Cry 2 that I loathed, and kept everything that I loved. The HUD is absolutely terrible and uPlay is annoying, but after switching uPlay to offline mode I stopped having issues. Gameplay is nice. You start out with nothing, as a scared holiday goer... but you turn into an absolute killing machine with a bow, a knife, suppressed MP5 and flamethrower at your side the enemy doesn't know what beast is after them. Basically you can play this game as an out and out Rambo-fest, or be a bit more predator-type assassin/sneak mode. The sound effects are brilliant. Hunting prey, sneaking up on them... listening to their growls or moans... is thrilling. The music that pumps through my headphones while in the midst of explosions going off everywhere as I trigger my C4 explosives is tight and some brilliant choices. (Die Antwood - I Fink U Freeky, M.I.A., Skrillex etc.). Hmm.... if you liked a combination of Just Cause 2, Far Cry 1, and.... a little Batman Arkham City (Vaas / Joker) / Alice in Wonderland references (oh... some of the dialogue in this game is sooo well delivered!) then this game comes highly recommended. Other notable mechanics are the relics that you find scattered across the island Expand
  5. Jul 28, 2013
    Far cry 3 is a great game but the only bad thing is that the bad guy (Vaas Montegoro) has a slightly lopsided mohawk. All game breaking mohawks aside this game is amazing.
  6. Dec 7, 2012
    Just adding my two cents worth. I loved the original Far Cry. There were too many things that I didn't like about Far Cry 2 to keep me playing it. Those things have been fixed and / or changed enough so that I am really enjoying Far Cry 3. The biggest complaint I had about Far Cry 2 was the enemy outposts repopulating after you cleared the area. Ubisoft seems to have taken my (and manyJust adding my two cents worth. I loved the original Far Cry. There were too many things that I didn't like about Far Cry 2 to keep me playing it. Those things have been fixed and / or changed enough so that I am really enjoying Far Cry 3. The biggest complaint I had about Far Cry 2 was the enemy outposts repopulating after you cleared the area. Ubisoft seems to have taken my (and many others as well) criticism and turned it into an interesting feature in this game. Now when you clear an outpost, it get tagged as a 'safe zone'. Now you can fast travel to it, and resupply your ammo. I also like the fact that you not only have to be on the lookout for bad guys, but while avoiding contact by lurking in the brush, you may end up being attacked by some wild animal. Take the beast out with an arrow or your knife and you remain hidden. Pop a couple of round into the creature, and all of the bad guys now know where you are. There is so much to do besides the main story line. Exploration, hunting and crafting are a big portion of the game, and essential in order to upgrade skills and weapons. Some don't like the activating the towers to reveal more of the map. I like this part as well, though I am now trying to get all 18 towers activated in order to 'get it over with'. Climbing each individual tower is unique enough that you get a level of satisfaction once you flip the switch and see the animation detailing the portion of the map you've just revealed. The health system is similar to Far Cry 2, but now you don't have to deal with malaria all the time. (The other feature of that game I disliked) You can craft heath syringes, but with the appropriate skill, they aren't really required. I've set the graphical settings on ultra with my Phenom II X4 and 6950 with the latest AMD driver with the Far Cry 3 profile. The frame rate is playable enough so that I don't feel the need to lower it. However, I should state that I have vsync disabled. Again, I find Far Cry 3 to be a vast improvement over the previous game. Expand
  7. Dec 5, 2012
    Im having a hard time reading all the zeros and two's. Really? How can you dislike the game so bad? Some people say that the graphics are bad, i say **** you cause if you are running a 8800GT with an old ass Celeron no wonder (to you Ochetazinco). You say enemy AI sucks? Explain us exactly WHY. Did you hate the other Far Cry games? Why did you get this one? People should stop playing aIm having a hard time reading all the zeros and two's. Really? How can you dislike the game so bad? Some people say that the graphics are bad, i say **** you cause if you are running a 8800GT with an old ass Celeron no wonder (to you Ochetazinco). You say enemy AI sucks? Explain us exactly WHY. Did you hate the other Far Cry games? Why did you get this one? People should stop playing a game for 2 hours and then hating it, give it more time. Also, my guess is people down right hate Ubisoft, and therefor have to give this game a 0.

Now, i love this game and think its probably one of the best games this year. Sure, multiplayer is not very good but its here right? What can we do about it. The campaign is more than enough in my opinion.
  8. Dec 4, 2012
    An amazing game, featuring stunning visuals and gameplay . It turns out to provide the ultimate first person experience . Amazing story so far and yeah .. i am impressed... Great Pc port and runs fine on my average system. All in all not a disappointing at all...
  9. Dec 4, 2012
    Not one of my all time favourites, it has to be said.. Never been a fan of Far Cry, I find it boring, repetitive, dull and the multiplayer is very mediocre
  10. Dec 4, 2012
    It has been a very long time since I had so much fun with a game without having to play multiplayer (usually all the real content of most games nowadays lies in multiplayer).
    First off it's a splendid and gorgeous game, especially on PC. The amount of detail and polish is very impressive on such a large scale FPS. The best thing about it is that it is consistent - the game looks just as good everywhere, which is a very nice and unexpected thing in a game of this magnitutde. For example in other games of this caliber you will see low quality textures here and there, some glitches and inconsistencies (especially in the Assassin's Creed series) - but not here.
    Another good thing about this game is the amount of freedom you are given to approach said objective. Sure there are a couple of story missions that are kind of linear or restrictive, but other than that it's all up to you. Do you like to make a noisy entrance into the enemy base, without knowing where the enemies are, spray-and-praying Call of Duty style? Go ahead. Do you like to stalk your prey and make a plan and try to keep to it as you silently pick them off with your silenced sniper or trusty bow? You can do that. Or maybe baiting your enemies while you sneak into their base, plant a mine near every alarm and next time they see you BOOM! Or maybe let that leopard trapped in that cage do the job for you. Done! You have so many options it can be overwhelming at times. Most AAA RPGs that are released now and boast with their freedom of choice don't even come close to this game.
    Speaking of RPGs, this game also tries to borrow some elements: you have crafting (but more on this later) and 3 different skill-trees that as you unlock skills in them, tattoos appear on your forearm *or Tataus like they are called here*. But ultimately it isn't that well done as in traditional RPGs.
    Crafting in this game is essential and really makes you want to go hunt or gather ingredients for syringes that beside healing you can grant you some neat abilities (the ability to sense the animals around you or repel predators, etc)
    As for the animals, this is where the game does a VERY good job. There are two types of animals: carnivores and herbivores. Predators and prey. Wherever you go chances are you will see leopards chasing deer, tigers hunting buffalos, sharks eating tortoises, bears assaulting villagers etc. It feels very organic, natural and chaotic as well. These animals can make your life very hard - like surveying an enemy outpost only to find yourself attacked by a tiger, thus drawing enemy attention and realizing there are 4 times more enemy troops now. Or making a run for it and having to cross a river only to be assaulted by a crocodile and dragged underwater as soon you dive into the river. Splendid!
    Now for the story - it is quite interesting as you progress and see Jason slowly changing as a person, lowering himself to Vaas's level. Speaking of Vaas, he is a very good character and a lot of people have compared him to Heath Ledger's joker. You can clearly see the amount of effort Michael Mando (his voice actor) put into him.
    I loved the creepy quotes from Alice in Wonderland appearing between chapters, which to some can seem out of place - but trust me, they fit perfectly.
    Besides the main missions there are plenty of activities ranging from hunting special animals with a specific weapon to races and mini games - Machinima have compared Far Cry 3 to Skyrim and rightfully so.
    There is also a Coop mode and Multiplayer but the real star here is the Singleplayer mode which is both hard and rewarding.
    The one thing that got on my nerves was that your character is supposed to be a town-raised douchebag with no real experience handling weapons - but still he can use a sniper rifle with great accuracy as soon as he touches it. One thing they could have done to fix this would have been to bring back the gun damage from Far Cry 2 - at first guns would jam while you fire them, and as you kill more people you "learn" how to stop this from happening and progressively disappear.
    But they had to cater to the casual players who complained about this mechanic making Far Cry 2 too hard.
    In conclusion my recommendation would be to buy this game, ESPECIALLY if you like first person shooters. It has a solid multiplayer mode and high replay value singleplayer.
  11. Dec 4, 2012
    Game of the year, hands down. Only gave it a 9 because of the horrible, horrible abomination that we all call Uplay. I'm glad you can finally play the game in offline mode, but still, it's a dumb program in the way of your gaming experience. There's server issues galore and I have yet to be able to play a single co op game with my friends.
    Anyway, onto the good: everything else. I've
    Anyway, onto the good: everything else. I've already read some reviews calling this a 'console port'. Now, this is nothing new. Only this time it's actually false. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a PC game. There's a ton of graphical options, full DX11 support and *drumroll* an FOV slider. When's the last time you saw an FOV slider? Mouse smoothing also isn't a problem since you can simply switch it off.
    The gameplay itself is wonderful. If you like sandbox games, this is for you. You can go anywhere and explore and collect for days on end. I've had this game since the European release date and there's still so much more to see and do. Just walking, driving and flying (yes, flying, you get a wingsuit) around the island is a nice experience. The story is good. If you like an actual story, that is. I know some people just want to skip ahead and shoot things, but thank goodness there's still people who actually care. The characters are well written, interesting, and especially the mocap and voice acting is superb. Also remember those weird Scarecrow scenes from Arkham Asylum? The best part of that game? Well get ready for a whole bunch of stuff just like that. The game doesn't play it straight when it comes to the story missions. It'll always leave you guessing when it comes to your motivations (I think it nicked that idea from Spec Ops The Line, which is a good thing) and when it's not doing that the game simulates you tripping your balls off. There's also the not-so-subtle subtext of Alice in Wonderland, which adds a little mystisism to the story, which is a nice little touch. Tip: don't forget to eat the 'Eat me' pills in the friend-cave!
    Basically, this game is a more interesting Far Cry 2, only without that game's flaws. The world is more interesting and more fun to travel through, and this time you can actually fast travel without having to drive for fifteen minutes to find one of those bus stops. Enemies no longer respawn in camps you've just cleared, instead you conquer them for good. Don't worry, there's still random encounters and certain areas where you can always go looking for a fight if you feel like testing out your newly unlocked machine gun. Speaking of guns: the shooting mechanics are finally a lot better. In Far Cry 2 you just shot at someone, some blood would spurt out, and then they would eventually turn into a ragdoll. The bullets didn't have an impact. If you shot at someone who was running, he wouldn't even notice the bullets in his torso, he'd just drop dead once he hit his 'X shots in this area until I die' quota. Bullets in FC3 have an impact, and the death animations are alright. People also delightfully fly through the air when they're too close to an explosion.
    All in all, I love this game. You will too. If you can put yourself to deal with the annoying Uplay, you'll have dozens of hours of fun.
  12. Dec 4, 2012
    This is a GAME OF THE YEAR contender for sure. The first thing I noticed was that the voice acting is top notch. It really brings you into the experience and makes the story more compelling. Of course the graphics and game design are great. But we all expected that from a Far Cry game. Ubisoft has also learned alot from the public and what they asked for. No more DRM!!! On SteamThis is a GAME OF THE YEAR contender for sure. The first thing I noticed was that the voice acting is top notch. It really brings you into the experience and makes the story more compelling. Of course the graphics and game design are great. But we all expected that from a Far Cry game. Ubisoft has also learned alot from the public and what they asked for. No more DRM!!! On Steam the game starts at $50 instead of $60 for a hard copy on all platforms. The only downside I have heard of is having to launch via uplay.... which frankly isn't that bad. The worst part was trying to remember which email address my uplay account was linked to. So in this jam packed gaming season just before xmas I would say this is still a easy buy and well worth the time and money!!!! Expand
  13. Dec 4, 2012
    I wouldn't trust any review here below a 7. Skyrim with guns is an apt description of this game. I like the leveling mechanic, stealth killing a whole base is a good challenge, but it's the chaos of the world that makes the game come alive. I was stalking a base, tagging enemies when a freakin' tiger attacked the base. The enemy panicked and threw molotov's around, forcing me to escape aI wouldn't trust any review here below a 7. Skyrim with guns is an apt description of this game. I like the leveling mechanic, stealth killing a whole base is a good challenge, but it's the chaos of the world that makes the game come alive. I was stalking a base, tagging enemies when a freakin' tiger attacked the base. The enemy panicked and threw molotov's around, forcing me to escape a brush fire and approach the attack from a different angle. I very much enjoyed that moment. Climbing your first tower is awesome because the game looks incredible under ultra settings - my pc is about 2 years old too and the framerate is better than Skyrim on a whole. Expand
  14. Jan 22, 2013
    I really liked the open world of Far Cry 3. Almost felt a bit like a MMORPG, if you didn't want to continue with the story, then you just played some challenges or took over some camps. Really nice.
  15. Dec 4, 2012
    Far Cry 3 has an epic story. What an amazing soundtrack. Far Cry 3 shows exactly how every game should start. This game make you care about the characters and of the story. The voice actors are simply amazing. What a performance! I did enjoy almost everything. There's only two things that I didn't like. One is that secondary quest feels really secondary. In fact, I didn't bother toFar Cry 3 has an epic story. What an amazing soundtrack. Far Cry 3 shows exactly how every game should start. This game make you care about the characters and of the story. The voice actors are simply amazing. What a performance! I did enjoy almost everything. There's only two things that I didn't like. One is that secondary quest feels really secondary. In fact, I didn't bother to finish them all. The minigames are cool but that's it, The second one is that I would like to feel the islands more like jungle with less valleys. It's definitely my game of the year! It's worth to be played! 9.5/10 Expand
  16. Dec 4, 2012
    Farcry 3 is the best FPS game of the year with a huge tropical island sandbox, nice weapons, animals and new assets to the series.

I'm playing the game since Nov. 29th and almost spent 20 hours on it. First thing I can say is it satisfies my expectations. A remarkable size of area to explore with different animals and people or enemies to engage with. Nice veriety of guns and customization. Well balanced skill tree due to game progression and the choises of the player. As well as the crafting and looting system. The radio towers gives the player a climbing challenge and chance to discover the island slowly. (not showing everything at a time) Not to ruin the suprises so that's good and pushing you forward. Also gives you a chance to catch up all the details. Beyond this, nice shooting experince and gameplay. Plus nice stleath mechanics and takedown combos combines well with the gunplay.

I've just finished unlucking the north island and still the game adds more guns, syringes, etc as you go forward so it's good. There's so much to do on the island beside the strory missions. I.e playing poker, shooting contests, side missions, delivering packages or hunting missions... etc. Huge veriety of animals and they are so live; hunting, eating, running or attacking... Also great characters with deep sence of personality and outsanding visual design. Any negativity with this game? Sure.. Some of the side missons or hunting missions are little boring. Going forward sometimes is frustration because of the topography and stairs. You sometimes get stuck when entering caves or doors. They are too narrow or on upper level. So you need to jump when entering a door. The island topography and pirates look the same and linear but not eyesore. Also it's the same when controlling the cars on this island. There are defenetaly visual glitches. You may sometimes see object mapping changes due to distance and misguide you. AI is good, your foes have some clever moves but it's not that challenging and predictable. Multiplayer? I haven't spend so much time on co-op and multiplayer but I couldn't get the enjoyment of the single player campaign when doing co-up or multipler. Online challanges are more like shooting the waves of foes.

As a conclusion: Nice satisfying gameplay with a huge area to explore and gives you freedom to approach each misson and other activities. Great RPG mechanics combined smoothly to a FPS game. Crafting, hunting and handling economy is fun, easy and not boring. The Island looks similar in everywhere but there are so much exploration places. And story goes exciting and interesting as well the story missions are challenging and pure fun. Even so much fun that the visual glitches or bugs can't ruin it. Fully recovers your money and time
  17. Dec 4, 2012
    Game of the year 2012, maybe 2013
    -massive island to explore
    -very high IQ of AI -funny to hunt animals, -great to watch lions, leopards or even dogs with rabies in actions against pigs, buffalos or local people:) -great weapons, super cool flamethrower , snakes will love it! -very playable on low end machine, old c2d , gtx275, dx9 , res 1600*900 all settings high, getting 30fps
    Game of the year 2012, maybe 2013
    -massive island to explore
    -very high IQ of AI
    -great weapons, super cool flamethrower , snakes will love it!
    -very playable on low end machine, old c2d , gtx275, dx9 , res 1600*900 all settings high, getting 30fps stable.
    -deers can commit suicide by jumping into waterfalls - they are so scared of lions
    -sharks omg go fish some! -graphics is fantastic all that perfect atmosphere, stealth, taking down enemies with silenced weapons or just a bow, they will limit their speech to" fock me, wtf was that" lol
    -i can continue with positives for more than hours. Better will be, go and play this game and see it by yourself.
  18. Dec 4, 2012
    Far Cry 3 is one of the games you should not afford to miss. From beautiful tropical islands to thick jungles, Dunia Engine 2 may not be best looking but still worth to satisfy the cause.The plot of game has simple yet entertaining elements . Micheal as Vaas has done a phenomenal job,but you will still found a hell lot of insanity in the game . Gun system(without malfunction) now feel soFar Cry 3 is one of the games you should not afford to miss. From beautiful tropical islands to thick jungles, Dunia Engine 2 may not be best looking but still worth to satisfy the cause.The plot of game has simple yet entertaining elements . Micheal as Vaas has done a phenomenal job,but you will still found a hell lot of insanity in the game . Gun system(without malfunction) now feel so much fun and driving different range of vehicles always feel awesome. Though i didn't like Hunting-Skinning,Tower as well as its buying system , but there is soo much in campaign that you find it a perfect sequel of Far Cry 3 series Expand
  19. Dec 5, 2012
    This is most impressive game since long after skyrim.PC owners should have strong PC though.Atleast gtx 650+ or AMD 6670+ should be there or it will lag as hell,Because the graphics in this game is masterpiece,Gameplay is fun,campaign also agreeable..Everything it worths..this game is worth for every penny.The game developers did everything all right......since they knew what they areThis is most impressive game since long after skyrim.PC owners should have strong PC though.Atleast gtx 650+ or AMD 6670+ should be there or it will lag as hell,Because the graphics in this game is masterpiece,Gameplay is fun,campaign also agreeable..Everything it worths..this game is worth for every penny.The game developers did everything all right......since they knew what they are doing and what the gamers want. Expand
  20. Dec 4, 2012
    I really liked this game alot. It has great visuals and most importantly a fantastic story. This is one of the few games that has held my attention for quite some time. It has alot of the open fun that Crysis had along with one of the best boss fights i have ever seen.
  21. Dec 4, 2012
    I started the week playing Black Ops 2 and taking a break now and again. Then I bought far Cry 3 and thought it wouldn't be much good but in all honesty I haven't played Black Ops 2 since and my biggest, hugest problem with Far Cry 3 is putting it down!! I've never had a game so immersive e pull me in even though I resisted at the beginning and thought it was not much good but after theI started the week playing Black Ops 2 and taking a break now and again. Then I bought far Cry 3 and thought it wouldn't be much good but in all honesty I haven't played Black Ops 2 since and my biggest, hugest problem with Far Cry 3 is putting it down!! I've never had a game so immersive e pull me in even though I resisted at the beginning and thought it was not much good but after the initial initiation I have played it all day everyday and can't stop. The last game that had me so immersed but not as much was Far Cry 2 but this is enormous fun.

I had one mission where I was attempting to catch a base with two heavies which are very difficult to bring down. I scouted the area took some photos to keep my enemies in target on my radar and outg of the blue a tiger attacked the base and killed the two heavies. I finished off the other one AFTER he had so kindly eliminated the tiger for me and claimed the base thanks all to the tiger.

Far Cry 3 is addictive, immersive, pure fun and it will tie you to your chair and is game of the year as far as I'm concerned as well as being worth $100 entertainment value. To get such quality in a game is rare and whether you like stealth or all guns blazing you'll love Far Cry 3.

I' ve also had times when I was sneaking up on a camp and a wild animal was sneaking up on me and gorged me to death. Animals stalk you too and you need to hunt them to increase the size of your containers. It's such a real jungle where you can't just run through it without watching your back for a tiger or leapard or dog that will attack you.
  22. Dec 4, 2012
    Absolutely in love with this game. A huge, beautiful and great, living world with many of things to do besides the very well executed missions. While Ubisoft tried to make their previous installment Far Cry 2 immersive it almost went controversy and a little too realistic. Jamming guns, a lack of hud mode and an overall lack of gameplay features drive you away from the experience. In FarAbsolutely in love with this game. A huge, beautiful and great, living world with many of things to do besides the very well executed missions. While Ubisoft tried to make their previous installment Far Cry 2 immersive it almost went controversy and a little too realistic. Jamming guns, a lack of hud mode and an overall lack of gameplay features drive you away from the experience. In Far Cry 3, things have changed. With the new introduced RPG elements, abilities to craft and the ability to use stealth against your enemies, it actually became lots of fun to travel instead of frustrating. Far Cry 3 offers us what the openworld genre is supposed to offer, while the previous installment was good, it lacked many things that other openworld games had to offer. Besides the addictive singleplayer campaign, there's also a little uninspired, but yet so fun multiplayer with a huge map editor, allowing the people who love to be creative almost unlimited hours of fun. The 6 hour Coop is pretty interesting also, but i personally see much more potential in the Map editors sandbox mode, allowing you to put AI in your maps. Imagine if Ubisoft skipped this whole coop and made it possible for the player to create their OWN coop, each with it's own map and objective. This way, the AI would Ubisoft introduced us be where it really belongs to. Now Far Cry 3 isn't flawless, but offers so much fun and an almost unlimited amount of replay value, making it my personal Game Of The Year 2012. Expand
  23. Dec 4, 2012
    Best game of this year, nuff said. And no, I'm not a fanboy. What can I say, it's a truly epic game with a great and intense story that is both dark and engagingly emotional. The graphics on consoles and on PC are both superb and one of the best looking game of this generation. Brian Tyler is the composer of the game's soundtrack, and to be honest, it's eargasmic. I love the soundtracks aBest game of this year, nuff said. And no, I'm not a fanboy. What can I say, it's a truly epic game with a great and intense story that is both dark and engagingly emotional. The graphics on consoles and on PC are both superb and one of the best looking game of this generation. Brian Tyler is the composer of the game's soundtrack, and to be honest, it's eargasmic. I love the soundtracks a lot and it also fits well with every scene. The gameplay is smooth compared to Far Cry 2. There's a lot of content and the map editor has seen some huge improvements! Expand
  24. Dec 4, 2012
    This is by far the best FarCry and probably one of the best PC games of the year (My other favorite is Dishonored)! Amazing graphics and a large free-to-roam world. The gun handling is good with lots of guns (many guns are revealed later in the game). The gun sights are a little bit fuzzy in terms of usability, better off sticking with just a red-dot sight. Very good storyline with goodThis is by far the best FarCry and probably one of the best PC games of the year (My other favorite is Dishonored)! Amazing graphics and a large free-to-roam world. The gun handling is good with lots of guns (many guns are revealed later in the game). The gun sights are a little bit fuzzy in terms of usability, better off sticking with just a red-dot sight. Very good storyline with good connections and twists. Stealth is a small problem in the game. You can snipe an enemy a mile away with a silencer in a bush on a mountain and the other enemies immediately know where you are... I mean, they should be alerted about a body, but not immediately shoot back in your direction... BACK ON AN ISLAND and a believeable story, unlike the second FarCry... and the first with too much weird Sci-Fi and monsters... Expand
  25. Dec 4, 2012
    Came into this game rather reluctantly not expecting much, but boy was I surprised to find out that this is an awesome game. Firstly, the story, while not oscar worthy, is still fantastic and a breath of fresh air in the midst of tired, redundant modern military shooters. A FPS game with a compelling narrative for once? Yep, I'll take it. Gameplay is where this game truly shines. WellCame into this game rather reluctantly not expecting much, but boy was I surprised to find out that this is an awesome game. Firstly, the story, while not oscar worthy, is still fantastic and a breath of fresh air in the midst of tired, redundant modern military shooters. A FPS game with a compelling narrative for once? Yep, I'll take it. Gameplay is where this game truly shines. Well implemented RPG elements such as upgrading your character via hunting and skinning animals to create larger carrying wallets, bags, arrow quivers, etc., add to the immersion and give further incentive to continue playing. As far as shooting is concerned, each weapon feels different, and each one feels effective. So often in FPS games the core shooting mechanics are flawed, but fortunately, that isn't the case here. The game doesn't inhibit players, and you can easily skip the main missions and go exploring the island should you choose too. The sense of freedom is what really makes this an awesome experience. Expand
  26. Dec 28, 2012
    Simply amazing. Great storyline, everything made sense, graphics and visuals are stunning. AI can be challenging and the physics are great. Well worth the $50.
  27. Dec 5, 2012
    I don't know why some people saying bad things about this game but after playing 50% of the game this is an excellent game.Water graphics could have been better but other than that ,this is a gorgeous game.

Graphics=10
    Story=6 (hated the protagonist)
    Control=9
    Sandbox game play=10
    Sound=8

Please play the game actually then criticize .
  28. Dec 5, 2012
    I know the game just came out and I've only played for a few hours now, but this game is simply stunning to look at and blew me away from the start! It is a strong contender for my game of the year already and may be the most richly detailed and beautiful game I've ever seen. It has a grisly beginning that sets the tone of the game and makes you feel like you are definitely outnumbered andI know the game just came out and I've only played for a few hours now, but this game is simply stunning to look at and blew me away from the start! It is a strong contender for my game of the year already and may be the most richly detailed and beautiful game I've ever seen. It has a grisly beginning that sets the tone of the game and makes you feel like you are definitely outnumbered and out of your element. Your character has never seen anyone killed, much less used a gun! The island is completely open to explore and the random encounters with animals etc. are really cool and make it feel like a real world where anything can happen at any time. I was swimming in a creek to gather a plant at the bottom and got attacked by a crocodile out of nowhere and couldn't fight it off, I died. The enemies in the game are not the dumbest AI I've ever seen, but also not special forces. I think they react pretty well to what happens around them but can do some random things. The PC version is far and away the best one to get if you have a nice gaming machine. I am using an Alienware M17x with i7 CPU, 8GB RAM, and Nvidia G-Force GTX 580 graphics card. I turned the graphical settings to ultra and 8x anti-aliasing on. It is also DirectX 11 enabled. I have to say that no game I have, even Crysis 2 and Rage, look this good! Collapse
  29. Dec 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bellissimo uno dei giochi più belli a cui abbia mai giocato!! La storia come le missioni divertenti, e tutto il mondo intorno è vivo e bello da vedere, sopratutto su un pc con alte performance.
    Il multiplayer non è eccezionale e la campagna è un po' corta dato che non riesci a smetterci di giocare :).
    Un must have per tutti, sopratutto per chi possiede un bel pc, dato che c sono paesaggi da mozzare il fiato
  30. Mar 8, 2013
    First of all, this game SHOULD have been a 10/10, but is still an amazing game. Although not horrible, it is still an obvious port with an uncomfortable menu that switches control schemes between each option. Also, the boss battles or confrontations with high profile characters seemed extremely unfinished and rushed. Despite that the game is still phenomenal and a must buy for any gamer.First of all, this game SHOULD have been a 10/10, but is still an amazing game. Although not horrible, it is still an obvious port with an uncomfortable menu that switches control schemes between each option. Also, the boss battles or confrontations with high profile characters seemed extremely unfinished and rushed. Despite that the game is still phenomenal and a must buy for any gamer.
    However, the "Skyrim with Guns" claim is horribly inaccurate. Maybe Skyrim without 99% of the NPC interaction. Far Cry is not an RPG. It is an exploratory/adventure game at the most.
  31. Dec 17, 2012
    This game was an absolute pleasure to play through; the gameplay was fluid and the skirmish style gameplay of the jungle/brush fighting brings innovation to standard cover based shooters. It makes a change fighting from bush to bush rather than from chest high sandbags to chest high concrete blocks. The only thing i will say is that the ending is a little abrupt. Judging by the map youThis game was an absolute pleasure to play through; the gameplay was fluid and the skirmish style gameplay of the jungle/brush fighting brings innovation to standard cover based shooters. It makes a change fighting from bush to bush rather than from chest high sandbags to chest high concrete blocks. The only thing i will say is that the ending is a little abrupt. Judging by the map you feel that it's safe to assume that reaching the second island equates to the half way mark in the game, but you'd be wrong. I completed the game before even finding out whether the second island out posts were even capturable; the map hints suggest that they are as they are presented the same on the map as the capturable outposts on the first island, despite the fact that the ingame dialogue suggests you avoid them at all costs. Suddenly all notion of the sandbox leaves the game and all those cool toys you get unlocked and are happy to use only seem to come into play for 3-4 more missions even though they're nothing particularly out of this world; so all the neat gadget-attatchments you were happy to discover and utilise also, for these new weapons, barely enter the game at all; unless you unlock every radio tower before playing through the story (which is impractical).

Enjoy the first island while you can and play through at your own pace. Don't be OCD and capture every out post you can at the start as you'll rob youself of interesting "random encounters" like guerilla jungle fights (which also earn you money on the side if you help the rebels win).

The crafting is also implemented at a decent level of sophistication. Skyrim was renowned for its unnecasserily tedious power levelling of skill perks and the herb list was extensive, but this game consists of 3 types that produce combat, hunting and healing abilities, the different herbs for each type are only aesthetical. Making it more practical for the casual gamer to bother with. Crafting gear is a little more laborious, different gear (wallets, loot sacks, weapon holsters) requires different animal pelts which appear to be arbitrary (2 goat skins make a tier 3 weapon holster and are available in a tier 1 area whilst a tier 2 loot sack requires a tier 4 animal pelt), but does give a general sense of progression by stalling you from having deep money/loot reservoirs and all weapon slots a fifth of the way through the game.

Summary: The characters are interesting and unique, the narrative is relavent to first world activities if not a little predictable plot wise (afghanistan and fictional terrorist attacks on NY are so over rated). The guns offer actual noticable difference in play style and stealth is a legitimate option to even the happy gunners (there's nothing stopping you from stealth killing half the men at an outpost then spraying the others with machinegun fire from the sniper nest you just cleared). But as i said, once you hit the second island and do a couple errands you'll suddenly find yourself at the final mission thinking you still had to liberate the island and get to use your new fanciful gear only half of which you unlocked for free because you avoided radio towers on the second island blocked by restricted zones.

I completed the story, liberated the first island, unlocked all the radio towers and did all the *important side missions (hunting/assasinations/medical drop offs) in 12 hours of gameplay. *doing certain side missions unlocks features helpful in the main story arc, such as the final version of all craftable gear or unlocking skills from the skill tree. But there was probably a good 40% more to explore and do. The relics can be largely ignored. They don't unlock gear like in GTA, the radio towers do that. But you'll want to get the radio towers anyway so you're not running blind the entire game so unlocking free gear feels like more of a side affect of not wanting to get lost and being sensible enough to unlock visibility of the map.
  32. Dec 4, 2012
    This game delivers a true open world experiance. Although the multiplayer isn't as good as it should be it still deserves the higher score for the single player experiance.
  33. Dec 4, 2012
    The best Shooter since Crysis 1 back in 2007. The performance is great for me, with an 4-year old PC (playing on high). (Intel 9650 4x3,0ghz, 4gb ram, geforce 570gtx 1gb)

The island is huge and in every corner you can find something special. Another great feature is that the world in Far Cry 3 is soooo alive animals attack pirates or your allies fight against them. I love it. The graphics are nice. There are some nice shadow effects and the jungle looks like a jungle. Maybe you meet a tiger in there...

Right now i played 5h+ and i must say that the story is awesome. Its not a normal story like in Call Of Duty or Battlefield 3 its unique in some ways.
    I dont get bored with this game, you have so many things to do. Collect relicts, or just hunting animals to collect skins for upgrading your inventory. You also can play like you want. Play like rambo? Yes you can! You want to be sneaky. Just do if you want!

Two things i dont like in Far Cry 3 are the multiplayer. Its nearly the same as Call of Duty. You unlock weapons with every level you complete. (But i dont care about the multiplayer because i bought this game for the singleplayer experience)
    The other things is that the artificial intelligence is quiet easy to fight against. Sometimes they dont really know whats going on.

This game deserves to be the best game of 2012!!
  34. Dec 4, 2012
    Four hours into a game is probably a little early for a review but I usually know if a game is worth playing within the first 20 minutes. In short, Far Cry 3 delivers. Don't pay attention to any score under 7. Those people are angry inside and are probably trolling. REVIEW: The Dx 11 graphics are beautiful and the controls are solid. The story is a bit cliche and some of the charactersFour hours into a game is probably a little early for a review but I usually know if a game is worth playing within the first 20 minutes. In short, Far Cry 3 delivers. Don't pay attention to any score under 7. Those people are angry inside and are probably trolling. REVIEW: The Dx 11 graphics are beautiful and the controls are solid. The story is a bit cliche and some of the characters could be described as the douche-bag frat brosephs with gnarly tats and epic pecks. On the flip side, there are some great characters with excellent voice acting; such as the main villain and the Dr./Scientist dude. As far as gameplay goes; think of the open world freedom and environment of the first Crysis, paired with the shooting mechanics of Battlefield 3 (sort of). I say Battlefield 3 because in my opinion, aside from a tiny bit of bobbing, the feel of the weapons and your control of them feel reminiscent of BF3, which is a good thing. There are also a few RPG elements to the game which make it a bit more interesting. You can go around hunting wildlife, skinning them, and using the skin to craft new pouches for a surprisingly wide variety of gear. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that when you skin an animal, you take what appears to be a heart, or chunk of meat, rather than the actual hide. Not an issue by any means, just a little lazy on the dev's part. I have not gotten very far into the story but I can assure you there is plenty to do otherwise. Countless side-quests involving hunting for various animals, killing different targets of interest, car races, courier missions and a few other types. Enough to keep you busy if you don't want to blast through the main quest-line. There are a couple annoyances for me. The first, u-Play. I won't go on a rant but in short: it's **** stupid. Just stay in offline-mode and you wont have many issues. Another minor gripe I have is the save system. There is a quick save feature but it is useless. Whenever the game loads, you start in a safe house nowhere near where the quick save was activated. Also, when you're in an active mission, the game won't let you quick save. Rather, it auto saves at the beginning of the mission and if you fail, you revert. All of the minor annoyances aside, the game is awesome and I was pleasantly surprised. There are a lot of **** games out now that were hyped up to be something they're not, but Ubisoft did a great job with this title and I'll be enjoying it for months to come. And as far as performance; I have a 2600k @ 4.2 GHz with 16 gigs of RAM and a GTX 670. The game runs at a constant 55-60 fps with all of the settings on max except for shadows and ambient lighting, which are set to high as opposed to ultra. Oh yeah, vehicles are sick. The driving mechanics are perfect and there is a wide variety of cars and boats to choose from. There are also hang gliders... Nuff said. For anyone who is on the fence, I highly recommend getting this game. Expand
  35. Dec 4, 2012
    short review

pros:
    - good graphics
    - massive open world
    - many possibilities
    cons:
    - story could be more intense
    - performance should be faster
    - civilians in this world felt plastic
  36. Dec 5, 2012
    One of the best FPS I have ever played. Great job! Inmersive story, amazing graphics, a villain that makes you hate him from the first time you meet him, tons of things to do in a living, breathing environment.

@Ochetazinco, you are such a troll :) giving some lucha libre game everyone hated a high score and this one a low one just to get your sick, twisted "revenge" on american players. Good riddance, troll.
  37. Dec 7, 2012
    All what i can say about it, this game is legen... Assassin's Creed Far Cry edition... dary! I think ubisoft worked with Far Cry 3 more than Assassin's Creed 3, and you can see finally users reviews about two this games.
  38. Dec 15, 2012
    I can't explain how much I fell in love with this game. I played it from start to finish with no breaks in between. The story line while basic, makes you have true emotions towards the characters in the game. While the game suffers from a some minors bugs, the game is near perfect. I will definitely be buying Far Cry 4!
  39. Dec 18, 2012
    It's a game which i was waiting almost year to play. And i'm not disappointed. Far Cry has incredible graphic and addictive storyline. Playing it i can feel exotic climate like in FC1. Unfortunately it ends too quick.
  40. Dec 6, 2012
    Let me get this straight, I HATE having to post a score just to balance misguided hate. So many of these zeroes, you get the mob mentality of "I never played Far Cry" or "I've never liked the series." Really? I mean, really? If you never liked the series, why even open your mouth? My suggestion would be just don't play it.
  41. Jan 21, 2013
    Honestly? This game is absolutely amazing. I play a ton of games in my free time, and Far Cry 3 definitely took the most time out of me. It provided me with over 60 hours of gameplay, full of pleasure and enjoyment. A fun, time-consuming, and often breathtaking experience. Definitely worth your time - play it!
  42. Dec 9, 2012
    So good its just not funny. A Blend of Skyrim with Contemporary setting, FPS with RPG, Open World, whats not to like? GFX push the boundaries and acting that is actually very good Vaas should win an Oscar.
  43. Feb 12, 2013
    the best game of 2012.far cry 3 is batter from far cry 2 and let me tell you why:first vaas is the best villian ever.he is so epic.the single player is the best in all of this package its lest a lot of hour,its very fun and the story is epic and inresting.than come the co-op let me tell you that its not brilliant but it will give you at least more 10 hours.and than comes the multiplayer:itthe best game of 2012.far cry 3 is batter from far cry 2 and let me tell you why:first vaas is the best villian ever.he is so epic.the single player is the best in all of this package its lest a lot of hour,its very fun and the story is epic and inresting.than come the co-op let me tell you that its not brilliant but it will give you at least more 10 hours.and than comes the multiplayer:it is fun and you will spent on it hours but its doesnt bring anything new or unique.so i will give it 10/10 and i am highly recommending on this game. Expand
  44. Dec 4, 2012
    I really enjoyed Far Cry, but felt a little bit let down by Far Cry 2, so I was a bit apprehensive about Far Cry 3, but it really brought back the Far Cry experience for me. Ultimately I have a goal I need to achieve, as part of the main story, but my methods, how prepared I am and how accomplished I am are entirely down to me.

The action is intense, explosive and satisfying, the

The action is intense, explosive and satisfying, the weapons have a great feel to them (especially the bow, oh wow I love the bow!)

It's very open world, graphically very well polished but also very well optimised, you don't necessarily need the best PC in the world to run this game and it still look good, which is a great difference to a few titles released recently that rely on the consumer to have ridiculously powerful systems!

Just like to add that my opinion of the game reflects purely the single player.
  45. Dec 7, 2012
    My Game of the Year! A must buy for RPG and FPS fans- huge open world that feels very alive, tons of customization , open-ended game play decisions...
  46. Dec 4, 2012
    The Single Best FPS Games I have ever played. Engaging, Wild Storyline, Massive beautiful imersive open world, Customizable Guns, CO-OP, Multiplayer, Side quests, Achievements and much improved movement and travel systems, and Challenging.
    (FarCry2 = Long Haul Driving) (FarCry 3 = Walk Drive Fly Glide Fall, Swim, Boat, Jet ski Parachute, or Instant Travel everywhere!!!) , and a smooth Game launch I give this game a Perfect 100/100 in what it offers. the only way I think it could get better is with a multi-choice multi outcome based single player with game & character changing consequences. Worth the $$$. (PS: Game can be difficult if set beyond easy (the way it should be) don't bash it because you suck)...
  47. Jan 1, 2013
    I wasn't a fan of the previous Far Cry games. No idea why, they just didn't gel with me. FC3 however has me hooked from the start. I'm really enjoying the story telling and the realism of the cut scenes. The combat is smooth, graphically is a work of art. Sadly, I can't run it at max settings, but even on a mix of medium and high ... WOW! I enjoy the hunting missions prowling in theI wasn't a fan of the previous Far Cry games. No idea why, they just didn't gel with me. FC3 however has me hooked from the start. I'm really enjoying the story telling and the realism of the cut scenes. The combat is smooth, graphically is a work of art. Sadly, I can't run it at max settings, but even on a mix of medium and high ... WOW! I enjoy the hunting missions prowling in the undergrowth and there's a real sense of tension. The vehicles are varied and have weight, the sound is excellent, the score itself blends nicely and for me, the greatest achievement is the immersion. I feel like I'm on an island when I play. I want to explore and find the caves and old camp sites. I struggle to see why people are rating this so low??? Even at it's worst, it NEVER deserves less than a 7. It's a very enjoyable game and Ubisoft have done themselves proud. Grab it on Steam now as it's on sale (31/12/2012). UPDATE: I had to change my score from a 9 to a 10. I have been playing FC3 non stop for 3 days and the bug will not die down. I'm constantly thinking about the game and what to do next. I've bought a lot of games this year and FC3 surpasses all of them. There is so much to do and it's all fun. The racing is good, the hunting (animal), the bounty hunting, looking for loot, swimming, etc. I cannot find a single fault with this game. It stands out like a beam of light this year. People have compared this to Skyrim (with guns). While Skyrim has more depth (I played that for 150 hours) FC3 is the more 'fun' game. EASILY the best game this year and one of the best I've played ever to be honest. Expand
  48. Dec 7, 2012
    For me this is one of the standout games in the 2012 calendar, standing proud next to Dishonoured, Max Payne 3 and Forza Horizon 3. Looking back it seems to be a year of the 3
  49. Dec 16, 2012
    It is best game on this year! Multiplayer is not bad, but co-op is amazing!!!!!! I recommended this game for all... bl-bla-bla/ just say one: must have!!!
  50. Dec 6, 2012
    Feels a lot like Far Cry 2 (which was amazing). Neither FC2 nor this one are perfect, but Far Cry gets better at each installment and this one is a lot of fun. Lure a tiger to clear out half an enemy camp, then dispatch the rest with some sniping mixed with stealthy knife take-down combos. Enough said, it's just fun.
  51. Dec 5, 2012
    Hate to see this game get a bad rating from people with bad computers this is one of my favourite games, graphics are awesome and I love how you have to hunt to upgrade your equipment
  52. Dec 6, 2012
    Far Cry 3 is in my opinion the BEST game released in the last 5 years! I am a true Far Cry fan, and is very satisfied with this new game. Everything from the previous games has been refined in this game.

I strongly recommend getting this game, its the best RPG shooter i have EVER played.
  53. Dec 5, 2012
    I really think that this game is the best shooter ever.Of course they are some points that people can discuss, but the gameplay, the liberty to do whatever you want, makes this game a must have. I never got that feeling in any other shooter. In addition to that it's graphically top notch and I didn't got major bugs. The people having crash and freeze maybe didn't wait for the day oneI really think that this game is the best shooter ever.Of course they are some points that people can discuss, but the gameplay, the liberty to do whatever you want, makes this game a must have. I never got that feeling in any other shooter. In addition to that it's graphically top notch and I didn't got major bugs. The people having crash and freeze maybe didn't wait for the day one patch. Well, I highly recommend this game which let some new way of thinking gaming. Of course if your best game ever player is COD this could be too complicated for you ;) Expand
  54. Dec 8, 2012
    This is by FAR the best game I have played ALL year. Screw dishonoured and its psuedo-non-linear path with the lowest duration I've seen in a game in a long time. Farcry 3 takes FPS seriously to an entirely new, unique and superior level. In all honesty this game has believable characters, amazing graphics, jaw-dropping story-line and polished gameplay mechanics. Totally ignore those whoThis is by FAR the best game I have played ALL year. Screw dishonoured and its psuedo-non-linear path with the lowest duration I've seen in a game in a long time. Farcry 3 takes FPS seriously to an entirely new, unique and superior level. In all honesty this game has believable characters, amazing graphics, jaw-dropping story-line and polished gameplay mechanics. Totally ignore those who crap on about it not having mutants, ignore those that try and wreck the franchise by even comparing it to CoD these people lack significant game experience if that's all they can compare this game to.
    Farcry 3 breaks all the barriers that keep CoD and Black Ops players in their pen and allows them to use that rinse-repeat formula. When I played this initially I didn't expect much, but 10 minutes in and I was already impressed. The voice acting is astounding, the character expression and casting have been hand picked and when I play the game I never felt bored - you control entirely the direction of the game from beginning to end; there is a preset path but with a nigh infinite series of side quests at your fingertips. Here's what this game isnt; a bloody MMORPG, CoD, Farcry 2, Assassin Creed 3 etc etc ....it is it's own game. What people are complaining about are trivial - non skipable cutscenes...that you only watch once....erm wow knock of some points, it must be a MMORPG because you gather materials and you "grind quests"; i actually laughed at that one. Im trying not to use foul language here, really im trying. To put it simple here IS what Farcry 3 was to me and to the people that gave it 100% (which it deserves):
    - Free from FPS that lets you explore and "grind" (lol seriously) as much as you like or not at all.
    - Beautifully rendered cutscenes that use the in-game engine to push the story ahead.
    - Phenomenal character design and high production values spent on in-game cinematography and voice acting (i cannot stress how refreshing this is).
    - A HUGE array of side quests and unlockable weapons.
    - Gets the player (me) engaged with not only the story, but the wildlife and the island itself; it is tough not to become part of the game and it's characters.
    - EPIC in length; I've been playing this for 1 - 2 weeks, almost all the time. I have enjoyed every hour to be honest.
    - Well organised and crafted level up / skill system.
    Multiplayer is also plenty of fun with unlockable weapons. You start of with some basic loadouts and then like every other multiplayer now, you level up through kills etc. Just so you know its easy, I went from 1 to 37 in 1 day alone; its not that difficult. I will point out though you can get VERY far with only using the first weapon in your loadout - so it felt it was quite balanced.
    Here's what Farcry 3 does wrong:
    - Sticky Controls at times.
    - Feels a little bit like a console when picking up items or interacting with the environment in any way.
    - I had only 1 glitch in the entire game.
    - Perhaps running and falling should be better explained to the player. I.e running off a cliff will "amazingly" kill you, whilst walking down or crouching down the side of a cliff keeps your kneecaps intact. Here are the dumbass complaints you should ignore:
    - Total reliance on woods to heal, and the healing system is dodgy.
    Bollocks simply put. The healing system serves a purpose otherwise you would never get anyway and constantly be slaughtered. It's your job to keep your injections to heal full and your job to find locations for safety to heal yourself. If the game has them hunting you (like real people do) then holy crap that is what should happen.
    - Quick time events are everywhere.
    Garbage. They are present and serve as cutscene mechanics. They flow well and are actually enjoyable to utilize during the scene itself. The only other time you use quicktime events is when you're about to die, or being attacked by an animal - it's giving you a chance - I cant believe someone complained about this
    - Unlock skills and equipment to quick:
    Ridiculous. To level up you need to progress thorough the story's parts; otherwise you have levels to spend but they are unavailable; its a mechanic that warrants the player invests time in the story and not just dicking around. Salvaging animals to make better gear is great fun but you dont have to do this, so it's really up to you whether or not you want to spend the time or not. Look guys, the list could go on. Let me make this clear..read very carefully the reviews that give it below 5 or 4...read them. I mentioned the graphics once, I discussed predominantly the gameplay. The Direct X11 is amazing, yes, but aspects such as AI, the rpg elements, and sooo much more makes this game worth playing. When someone on here compares this FPS with a decent story for a change to an MMORPG...seriously, read them for a laugh. I sincerely hope this helps you BUY the game and ignore those flamers that wreck a game that for once is borderline a piece of art.
  55. Dec 13, 2012
    Fantastic game, I'd probably go as far to say one of the best fps I have played in recent times. The story is immersive, I think using the 'not-cut-out-for-this' guy as the main was a great decision as it boosts the game's immersion even more and that's what you want from a story isn't it? The graphics are AMAZING to say the least. Runs smoothly on medium on my lower end rig. The negativeFantastic game, I'd probably go as far to say one of the best fps I have played in recent times. The story is immersive, I think using the 'not-cut-out-for-this' guy as the main was a great decision as it boosts the game's immersion even more and that's what you want from a story isn't it? The graphics are AMAZING to say the least. Runs smoothly on medium on my lower end rig. The negative reviewers seem to pick holes in the form of cons which go for every game on the market that ever has, or will be released. I really don't know what the expect from a game developer. This is a fantastic game full of colour, depth and a whole lot of fun. If you haven't already got it, please pick it up now. The game of the year for me. Expand
  56. Feb 15, 2013
    I have a total of 13 hours played so far, a mix of single player and co-op, and it's great. I paid full price, stupidly not buying it when it was on for 50% off. It's still worth the scratch, but obviously better value at half price.

Has great graphics, a great intro (which really sets the mood for the game), and plenty of danger. Crafting is there, weapons are there, adventure, there is a lot of content included. What SUCKS about the game is the save system. That is a huge PITA. You cannot save wherever you like and resume another day, so you tend to forget where you were. Overall, great first impression.
  57. Dec 16, 2012
    After the disappointing Far Cry 2 I wasn't expecting much from this game. The developers got much right and made a game that is challenging and fun. I like that once you take an outpost it isn't repopulated by enemy units in 5 minutes like in FC2. I also like the explosive tip arrows - made me feel like Rambo. Things to improve - I hate cutscenes where control is taken away. I alsoAfter the disappointing Far Cry 2 I wasn't expecting much from this game. The developers got much right and made a game that is challenging and fun. I like that once you take an outpost it isn't repopulated by enemy units in 5 minutes like in FC2. I also like the explosive tip arrows - made me feel like Rambo. Things to improve - I hate cutscenes where control is taken away. I also want a quicksave option - I hate the checkpoint system. Also, there isn't anything left to do once you take over all of the enemy bases - I wish they had made an option where enemy units try to retake their bases and you have the option to defend them against onslaught of enemy - if you can't defend the base the enemy takes it back and you have to retake it. Looks good, physics are good, story and skills are cool and fun. All in all I really enjoyed the game, co-op is fun too. Expand
  58. Dec 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The way your character moves and reacts to things in the environment is incredibly intuitive fluid and fast; it adds a lot of immersion; as does the sound. I'll say also that this is the first game that has ever actually caught me off guard enough to actually scare me, the animations and sound effects for the animal attacks/mauling are awesome, I've never had so much fun getting tackled by a lion, mauled by a bear (they are faster than you), or pulled under by a crock and thrashed around as I merrily hopped off my jet-ski. Fun times! Off roading in a jeep is fun, hang-gliding is awesome, jet-ski's are like wave racer on crack, mobbing a supply drop down a mountain to the beach on a ATV is stupid fun, the lighting is also amazing... just play it. Expand
  59. Feb 3, 2013
    I have played a lot of really crappy call of duty fps copycats, here is finally a game that is unique, from its amazing storyline, massive world, surreal graphics and excellent gameplay, Far Cry 3 is so good that it almost makes me forget about its terrible predecessor, Far Cry 2 one of the worst games I have ever played. This game was truly amazing.
  60. Dec 7, 2012
    For me this game is the GotY! Beautiful graphics, smooth gameplay, a lot of things to do, very catchy story, and a lot of hours to play. This is a game that every fan of open world should play, every shooter has to play and every graphics addict will definitely enjoy.
  61. Dec 8, 2012
    Best game I have ever played!
    Great visuals... ability to do whatever you want... dynamic creatures and smart AI... guns are customizable... everything I could ever ask for in an open world FPS game.

Amazing... great work developers!
  62. Mar 16, 2013
    This game easily receives a 10. The story was engaging, the game play was a joy, and the graphics are amazing. I never touched the Co-op or the multi-player because I never cared to. Far Cry has never been about either. The story lasted a little over 30 hours for me and there are still more places I would like to go explore.
  63. Mar 17, 2013
    This is what I wanted Skyrim to be. A beautiful world to run around in, but with an actually good storyline and a sense of reason for being there. Wandering around hunting or helping others had a point too. Far Cry has previously typically been a tech demo in my mind, so I thought it was overhyped, even after playing through the demo at E3'12. Boy, was I wrong. I'm glad I played throughThis is what I wanted Skyrim to be. A beautiful world to run around in, but with an actually good storyline and a sense of reason for being there. Wandering around hunting or helping others had a point too. Far Cry has previously typically been a tech demo in my mind, so I thought it was overhyped, even after playing through the demo at E3'12. Boy, was I wrong. I'm glad I played through the free copy that came with my video card purchase, it's one of my favourite games of the year. Expand
  64. Jan 20, 2013
    Wow! This is the most fun I have had with a video game this year. Perhaps I'm just easily impressed, but FC3 held my interest from start to finish. It has just the right amount of cut scenes to tell a story and the rest of the game is nonstop action. My only complaint is that I couldn't find a way around watching an entire cut scene when I first logged on. The save points weren't veryWow! This is the most fun I have had with a video game this year. Perhaps I'm just easily impressed, but FC3 held my interest from start to finish. It has just the right amount of cut scenes to tell a story and the rest of the game is nonstop action. My only complaint is that I couldn't find a way around watching an entire cut scene when I first logged on. The save points weren't very user friendly. Otherwise, this game is well worth playing and reminds me of Borderlands 2 with a touch of realism. Expand
  65. Dec 9, 2012
    Gra warta wydania 130zł Bardzo dobrze rozwinieta i fajna fabuła.Optymalizacja tej gry troche kuleję ale jak na taki wielki obszar jest dobrze. Za mało jest broni.
  66. Dec 10, 2012
    This game should have a subtitle: "Farcry 3: I can't believe this was made by Ubisoft". The game is fantastic, has massive amounts of content, incredible voice acting, top notch visuals and a huge game world to explore and the story is intense and keeps you interested through it's characters. Value for money is guaranteed. Do not pass up this title.
  67. Dec 14, 2012
    Its a great game, i feel they really made the new far cry quite well, introducing a lot of realistic animations depending on what happens really makes the game seam smooth and an interesting realistic experience. like if you crash your car, you will hit your head on dash and have blury vision or if you jump from to high you will stumble when you hit the ground. i think that far cry serversIts a great game, i feel they really made the new far cry quite well, introducing a lot of realistic animations depending on what happens really makes the game seam smooth and an interesting realistic experience. like if you crash your car, you will hit your head on dash and have blury vision or if you jump from to high you will stumble when you hit the ground. i think that far cry servers as a benchmark which new and old games should learn from.... AKA Call of duty.... there are a few bugs i encountered here and there, but show me a game that has none....good game, love the experience, worth the "buy" ;D Expand
  68. Mar 19, 2013
    Excellent, atmospheric and unique take on the FPS Sandbox GTA hybrid. Loved the attention to detail, roaming the jungle and exploring the islands. A well done, immersive game that is just gorgeous and great fun to play!
  69. Dec 8, 2012
    What a game really, The graph in this game is very impressive, ppl sayin otherwise are ppl whom do not understand what graph means! The Gameplay lets you reach the goal YOUR way!! yes its a very straight forward game, there is a thick red line guiding you. but the means in how you reach the ending, is totally up to you, wanna stealth? okay, wanna blow it all up? ok aswell! and theWhat a game really, The graph in this game is very impressive, ppl sayin otherwise are ppl whom do not understand what graph means! The Gameplay lets you reach the goal YOUR way!! yes its a very straight forward game, there is a thick red line guiding you. but the means in how you reach the ending, is totally up to you, wanna stealth? okay, wanna blow it all up? ok aswell! and the Scripting in the films/sequences are AMAZING!! wow, the sound, the acting, everything you makes perfect sence when you play it. and the Chararacters in the game are fantastisc, Vass, imean, have you ever met a more nasty villain ever?! THIS is surely a Game Of The Year contender, a fantastisc game no less! all the trollers givin it 0 and 2.. go play pixie games cus thats your level of intelect acording to games! Expand
  70. Dec 11, 2012
    As the top poster says, this is one of the few games in a long time that dosent disapoint. The develepors have learned from the mistakes of far cry 2 and improved alot. And i actually got quite drawn in to the story. Very good game
  71. Dec 16, 2012
    Graphics - There hasn't been a world this beautifully crafted in quite some time. Story - interesting if genre trope heavy outing. Tries to tackle some weighty topics but never quite hits the right notes (no empathy for most of the characters). Game-play - great FPS' mechanics, nice variety of weapons and initially a wonderful range of things to do. As with all games though, they do wearGraphics - There hasn't been a world this beautifully crafted in quite some time. Story - interesting if genre trope heavy outing. Tries to tackle some weighty topics but never quite hits the right notes (no empathy for most of the characters). Game-play - great FPS' mechanics, nice variety of weapons and initially a wonderful range of things to do. As with all games though, they do wear thin after many hours of play. Overall - I haven't been sucked into a game world this much since Skyrim, so that should be praise enough. Buy It. Expand
  72. Feb 2, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is now among one of the most amazing games I have ever played. Far Cry 3's story brought me to the boundaries of my very emotions. The story is so immersive, It managed to get my heart racing during extremely suspenseful moments, as if I was truly experiencing it for myself. Every character has a very distinctive, believable, and well-developed personality. You truly build anFar Cry 3 is now among one of the most amazing games I have ever played. Far Cry 3's story brought me to the boundaries of my very emotions. The story is so immersive, It managed to get my heart racing during extremely suspenseful moments, as if I was truly experiencing it for myself. Every character has a very distinctive, believable, and well-developed personality. You truly build an emotional connection with these characters, which sets the stage for an extremely influential story. Not only that, but the design choices made in the game greatly amplify the immersion, and encourage you think about the deeper themes that it's dark and unpredictable story may possess. But what about the gameplay? Good news, it's absolutely incredible. You are a warrior, a hunter, a stuntman, a skilled craftsman, you are everything you could ever hope to be and more. This game allows you to do so much, it's almost unbelievable. This is all complimented by the elaborate, beautiful, and extensive open world environment. The island is your playground, and even after completing the story there is still much left to accomplish on the island. Now, this is primarily a single-player review, as I value a good single-player experience over a multiplayer experience any day. However, I was delightfully surprised by the multiplayer in this game. I expected the multiplayer to be a more of a gimmick, since the single-player is already enough to warrant an amazing rating. However, Ubisoft actually delivered a decent, entertaining, and well-developed multiplayer experience. I give the story a 10/10, the gameplay a 10/10, and the multiplayer an 8/10. I am rounding this score up to a solid 10/10, because like I said, this is primarily a single-player review, and the single-player is worthy of this rating. Expand
  73. Dec 8, 2012
    Far Cry 2 was a good - interesting - game. But Far Cry 3 is an explosion of awesomeness, everything that we loved in the last one has been improved and mixed with some great features that make Far Cry 3 one of the best games in 2012. This game gathers the stealthiness of Dishonored, side along with RPG crafting system and COD's fast paced action without feeling shallow or unoriginal,Far Cry 2 was a good - interesting - game. But Far Cry 3 is an explosion of awesomeness, everything that we loved in the last one has been improved and mixed with some great features that make Far Cry 3 one of the best games in 2012. This game gathers the stealthiness of Dishonored, side along with RPG crafting system and COD's fast paced action without feeling shallow or unoriginal, everything here flows perfectly. The graphics are amazing - unfortunately I've suffered some framerate issues, but they're kinda rare and don't jeopardize the experience - one of the best in the year. The crafting system is pretty useful and addicting, sooner you will find yourself hunting deers and pigs because you don't have more room in your rucksack or because your wallet is stuffed, not only it doesn't feel difficult to find the crafting materials but also gives you an interesting chore to upgrade your equipments. I've to say that the story is more emotional - way more - and compelling than the previous two games, making you wonder how far can you go to protect the ones that you love. I won't say that disappointed me, but the multiplayer is pretty common, like COD's TD or something else, it's more different than the single player, you can't find maps that ask for a more tactical approach or stealth skills, it's just COD's fast paced action : People running like chickens around a certain map, some camping inside houses or between the woods, really dull. Far Cry 3 it's a gem, you can find some flaws and things that can't disappoint you, but in the overall it's a great game that you cannot miss it. Expand
  74. Dec 8, 2012
    Man, I don't know what these negative reviewers expect from games. This game is awesome. The action is awesome, the story is pretty good, the sandbox is great, and I didn't see anything wrong with the animal skin crafting system. Also, I didn't have any problems with the stealth system, at all. It functioned as it should. People complaining about activating towers are just whiny children.Man, I don't know what these negative reviewers expect from games. This game is awesome. The action is awesome, the story is pretty good, the sandbox is great, and I didn't see anything wrong with the animal skin crafting system. Also, I didn't have any problems with the stealth system, at all. It functioned as it should. People complaining about activating towers are just whiny children. It takes about 1 min. to climb and activate them, and receiving guns for it isn't so ridiculous, you have to get them some way, and if you don't like climbing the towers, don't. You can get guns by taking them from enemies as well. And as far as side quests being repetitive, what do you expect, they're side quests. This can be said for most sandbox games out there. You can't expect every side quest, especially in a game with so many of them, to feel like a totally new and original story quest. This is an unrealistic idea. The scripted scenes are fun to play, also. I'm so tired of these people that act like they're such video game connoisseurs, that any one who enjoyed this game is, obviously, a casual gamer. Like they know something about games that we don't. I have a badass gaming rig, and every console as well, hence, I'm a gamer, a serious one. I enjoy all good games on all platforms,pc mostly, but I'm not beyond throwing in that nes classic, and playing for hours. Being so intent to play only one platform doesn't make you a gaming elitist, it makes you a close minded retard. No one I know has played MORE games than me, and I don't see what this hate of consoles is all about. Granted, I do buy every game for PC when I can, but I still buy console exclusives, and enjoy playing them. Get off your high horse, and quit acting like you're so much more of a gamer, it's f$%^ing stupid. People like you are the reason I can't trust these pretentious, official reviewers anymore. Everyone is getting too picky and it makes me sick. The only advice I can give these idiots, is quit expecting every game to be a groundbreaking masterpiece. There is nothing wrong with this game, and it functions exactly how I expected it to. If you like shooters that are open world, and have many side objectives and things to do, you should like this game, unless you're trying to prove how elite and ahead of the gaming curve you are. I could sit here and try to pick apart the game, and point out how certain things could've been handled differently, to be made more difficult for you "elite gamers" out there, but instead, I'm gonna just play the damn game and enjoy it. I wanna see what happens to my friends. Expand
  75. Mar 18, 2013
    10/10, hands down one of the best sandbox games I have ever played. It really reminds me of Crysis 1 before it became all CODish with a preset path. Here, I can attack my opponent from many angles, and the fact that if you take over an outpost without being detected just adds to that awesome feeling of you being a "hunter" "hunting" the pirates. As to the complaints over how crafting10/10, hands down one of the best sandbox games I have ever played. It really reminds me of Crysis 1 before it became all CODish with a preset path. Here, I can attack my opponent from many angles, and the fact that if you take over an outpost without being detected just adds to that awesome feeling of you being a "hunter" "hunting" the pirates. As to the complaints over how crafting works, i personally think it is fine. Sharks are easy to kill if you just use a boats machine gun, tigers are some what of a pain but not immposible. Lastly, this game offers a good bit of challenge. The quests where you must kill a pirate leader only via a knife are awesome, especially when some friendly npc's decide to attack the camp just opening up a great opportunity. Words can not describe this game, thus all I can say is: Buy it now, you will not regret it. Expand
  76. Apr 26, 2013
    (Single Player Review) As a big Far Cry 2 fan, I was happy with this game. The story and characters are an improvement over FC2, as well as the stealth mechanics. The wild animals are a great addition, the game formula is basically a three-way war between Pirates, Natives (your side), and Predators. The amount of random crazy sh*t that can happen keeps the game from getting boring. The(Single Player Review) As a big Far Cry 2 fan, I was happy with this game. The story and characters are an improvement over FC2, as well as the stealth mechanics. The wild animals are a great addition, the game formula is basically a three-way war between Pirates, Natives (your side), and Predators. The amount of random crazy sh*t that can happen keeps the game from getting boring. The biggest downside is that the game is too easy, especially if your the stealthy, careful type. Fortunately there are mods, the most well-known of which is Ziggys mod, which make the mechanics, especially the HUD, more challenging, and I highly recommend it for a second playthrough. If you liked Far Cry 2, you will probably like this game. Expand
  77. Dec 14, 2012
    First off, i was really disappointed in far cry 2. Just did not have that superb structured feeling to it, same with character development. Far Cry 3 set the record straight for me. Especially the scene where Jason tells Daisy about his brother. The music in the background and the SUPERB voice acting, just totally set the mood perfectly, i actually felt the emotion of it. Aside from theFirst off, i was really disappointed in far cry 2. Just did not have that superb structured feeling to it, same with character development. Far Cry 3 set the record straight for me. Especially the scene where Jason tells Daisy about his brother. The music in the background and the SUPERB voice acting, just totally set the mood perfectly, i actually felt the emotion of it. Aside from the rock solid story and dialogue, the game play is great, plays a lot like Dead Island but with a bit of a Skyrim feeling to it. A few minor graphic glitches but the game looks and plays great. Ive not rated a game this high since Mass Effect 2, and im not even a huge Far Cry fan. But this game is solid, and has my vote for game of the year! Expand
  78. Dec 9, 2012
    With an array of games, this year, that where nothing but bug riddled disappointments, Far Cry 3 stands out. I've made it through most all of the story and played hours of co-op and multiplayer and I can safely say, this game is the best game to come out this year. I wasn't expecting much after Far Cry 2 but, holy crap! These guys hit gold with this one.
  79. Dec 13, 2012
    Fantastic game, I'd probably go as far to say one of the best fps I have played in recent times. The graphics are AMAZING to say the least the story so far is very good and i am very impressed with it
  80. Kyr
    Jan 23, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is the best FPS i've ever played since Battlefield, is simply amazing how you can do almost everthing, between just gathering a plant to skin a shark. Good graphics,good gameplay, this game certainly deserves Goty.
  81. Dec 6, 2012
    This is one of the best first person free roam game I've ever played. The graphics are beautiful and intricate as well as the game play. Having played Far Cry 2, I really enjoyed the changes Ubisoft made in Far Cry 3. One of my favorite parts of this game is the fact that crafting actually helps you get further in the game. Unlike other games where crafting thing would get you side thingsThis is one of the best first person free roam game I've ever played. The graphics are beautiful and intricate as well as the game play. Having played Far Cry 2, I really enjoyed the changes Ubisoft made in Far Cry 3. One of my favorite parts of this game is the fact that crafting actually helps you get further in the game. Unlike other games where crafting thing would get you side things in the game that didnt help you a whole lot, in Far Cry 3, crafting is almost a necessity. To get a better weapon holster you need to go hunt different animals to get their hides to then be able to hold more weapons. You dont need to wait and complete a certain amount of the story line to unlock more weapon slots like other games. It make hunting fun and gives it a purpose other then just selling the hide. Whether your tripping major balls in the mushroom caves or your invading camps there is always something fun to do. Expand
  82. Dec 8, 2012
    Es Buen juego si tienes un ordenador Bueno es recomendable en PC esa es mi opinión. Mucha calidad, mapas grandes, varias clases de armas, accesorios, arcos puedes agrandar tu mochila para llevar mas cosas con las pieles de los animales igual mas munición etc....

Te llevaras muchas horas con el. A que esperas para jugar.....
  83. Dec 10, 2012
    Unfortunately, my PC cannot rule this game. Though, yesterday I was at my friend and I had the chance to play Far Cry 3. The game, to be honest with you, is amazing. I've seen a few bugs here and there, but they are not really hard to fix. A patch can fix them all.
  84. Dec 9, 2012
    In short, this is the best game of 2012 so far. It is good deal better than the overrated Dishonored. The characters are quite expressive, Vaas is impressive. The gameplay mixture of shooter and stealth is quite satisfactory. The history is immersive. The graphics are very good, water and landscape are beautiful. The difficulty is quite tuned. The take downs are nice. There is a variety ofIn short, this is the best game of 2012 so far. It is good deal better than the overrated Dishonored. The characters are quite expressive, Vaas is impressive. The gameplay mixture of shooter and stealth is quite satisfactory. The history is immersive. The graphics are very good, water and landscape are beautiful. The difficulty is quite tuned. The take downs are nice. There is a variety of guns. Did I ever tell you the definition of "insanity"?... Expand
  85. Dec 10, 2012
    an amazing game, beside in having great story and many skill features that we can develop, this game also has huge map area, which we can explore. Approximately, there are two main islands, which we can explore in the single player mode. In those two areas will lead by different boss.,
    see my review in sinisterys.blogspot.com/2012/12/far-cry-3-review.html
  86. Dec 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For me this was the best game of 2012 .. It was the best game experience I had this year, among all releases and the hottest games Far Cry 3 was the best game of the year in my opinion, the issue of game mixing two types of games do not see what the problem with it. . All outposts are a real challenge to the player, and the fun time to hunt the animals, was very sensational. I give my congratulations to the team at Ubisoft has shown that its gambling market over time. Expand
  87. Dec 16, 2012
    Far Cry 3 is absolutely outstanding. I am extremely picky about shooting mechanics, storyline and agency and FC3 excels at all of these.

Story: Don't let the frat boys in the trailer disuade you, the game acknowledges how obnoxious they (and you) are, and uses it as a baseline to show you how far you've come by the end. The characters are interesting, the voice acting superb, and even subtle body language cues comes through in the game's animations.

Combat: This a high damage game, and all opponents can be eliminated by a headshot (as long as you're using a powerful enough weapon). The stealth is extremely satisfying with good behavior by AIs that provides unexpected results and allows enough control for attempting difficult maneuvers.

Environment; Aside from a few objects dissolving into view the game looked fantastic. It ran at a great frame rate with all settings on "high" on a 2011 iMac. Subtle effects would occasionally steal the show - I found myself catching rays of sunshine filtering through the trees and suspending my fight to simply marvel at them.

Long story short: I know what I'm getting my friends for Christmas this winter.
  88. Dec 18, 2012
    The best adventure game in my opinion. I think there's a little bit of everything. I am playing all kinds of games, but this one...i must admit this is my favorite adventure game ever. I probably don't recommend it to young people. By the way, the story line is just awesome and the graphics are GREAT. 10//10
  89. Dec 25, 2012
    As always, I'm left completely baffled by the Far Cry franchise and the third installment is no exception. It's la creme de la creme when it comes to open-world shooters and I could easily lose many an hour exploring Rook Island. All of the story-related characters feel incredibly dynamic and alive and you really feel their personalities shine through. It's awesome.
  90. Feb 1, 2013
    HUGE improvement over Far Cry 2. Very fun and beautiful scenery. NOT the Skyrim of FPS but close. Definitely worth it if you like challenges, FPS and fun. You can hang glide, drive boats, and explore interesting caves. LIKED IT!
  91. Jan 1, 2013
    I have never written a review before, but I figured I should give a couple words for this game:

This game is getting criticism about being too easy and not being original and things like that, and I agree that it can be very easy and pretty repetitive at times, but in the end, this game is FUN. A huge sandbox, free to explore. Hunting is fun, taking outposts is fun, all the missions are fun. It is not a perfect game, no, but it definitely deserves the 10 I'm giving it because of the amount of fun that I am still currently having with it. Anybody wondering if it's worth their money, the answer is yes. It's a great time all around and will certainly not disappoint.
  92. Jan 13, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game; gripping story, pretty graphics and a beautifully designed world combined with a great hunting and crafting system make it, in my eyes, the best game of 2012.
    The AI is fairly good despite other peoples complaints and the healing system I feel has improved over FC2's, as with almost everything people didn't like about Far Cry 2.
    To be honest anybody giving
    To be honest anybody giving Far Cry 3 below a 710 is looking for reasons to hate it because of ether a bad experience with Far Cry 2 or they just plain do not like games.
  93. Feb 24, 2013
    Incredible Campaign with Awesome characters and good story. With a super fun cooperative mode and one of the best multiplayer Modes!! 100/100 Really Awesome Game!!
  94. Feb 24, 2013
    As someone who never played Far Cry 1 or 2, this game gave me a spectacular impression on the entire franchise. I absolutely loved it. The graphics were very impressive (even on a fairly low-end PC like mine), the story interested me, the characters were well-played, the voice acting was on-par, and the gameplay was intriguing and fun to play.
    This game does have its flaws, though. Some
    This game does have its flaws, though. Some of the dialogue is flat-out stupid, like when Jason is yelling in excitement while he and Liza almost get killed multiple times. I always take the stealthy path in any game that offers it, but there were a lot of times when I would get spotted from a very long distance away by a dog while liberating an outpost. Some of the guns are drastically underpowered, while some other guns are drastically overpowered (I'm looking at you, Vector). Also, a lot of elements feel a bit too short or too easy. For example, I had almost every gun within about 2-3 hours, as well as all of the radio towers in about 2 hours. I like the complete everything I can as soon as I get the chance, so when I liberated every outpost on the first island completely stealthy, I had too many skill points. My main problem is that there is nothing to do once you've liberated every outpost. All of the pirates are gone, and it kind of defeats the purpose of an open-world RPG. There's nothing left for you to do, unless you want to find a bunch of collectibles.
    However, these flaws are much less influential than the great things in this game. I loved being stealthy, and I especially loved the many different takedowns that you could use to kill enemies. Sniping people was very satisfying, and taking out a bunch of people with a single C4 was awesome. I really liked the hunting and crafting mechanics, but I wish there were either more animal types or more things to craft. Don't even get me started on Vaas. Vaas is quite possibly my favorite enemy to ever exist in any game that I have ever played. His personality and dialogue is phenomenal, and I actually built up a hatred for him as he tortured Jason's friends. I loved him and hated him at the same time. Hoyt was... well he was just Hoyt. He didn't have as much of an impact on me as Vaas did.

Overall, this game is fantastic. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys open-world RPG's. This game would probably get a 10/10 if it weren't for the lack of things to do at the end and for some of the minute details that bothered me.

Now that the review is over, I need to address something. If you're going to make a review, whether it be positive or negative, justify your score. That means please don't give a game a 0 because your computer can't play it, or because you experienced a single glitch that you couldn't look past. Also, a game has to be incredibly bad to be given a 0, and that seems to be a problem with most games that get reviewed on this site. People throw out 0's without being able to justify it at all, and do not accredit a game's good features.
  95. Jul 12, 2013
    the story is staged perfectly. The theme of insanity is present all the way, be it in the form of the characters or in the form of cruelty and the craziness of events that can be found everywhere on the island(s). The music was breathtaking it's as simple as that. This music combined with magnificent sights and trippy cutscenes made for such an immersive experience! Besides Vaas is one ofthe story is staged perfectly. The theme of insanity is present all the way, be it in the form of the characters or in the form of cruelty and the craziness of events that can be found everywhere on the island(s). The music was breathtaking it's as simple as that. This music combined with magnificent sights and trippy cutscenes made for such an immersive experience! Besides Vaas is one of the greatest antagonists I've ever seen in a movie or a game. Besides the open world gameplay and the way battles play out is executed professionally. Overall a great 'trip'! Expand
  96. Jul 25, 2013
    COD in jungle? Nope, you are wrong. Far Cry 3 is way beyond that. It is like going on to an extreme holiday. It is a masterpiece, it is an experience. Graphics, check. AI and mechanics, check. Worth the every penny of your 60 bucks. Best FPS ever made.
  97. Feb 9, 2013
    Amazing game. A incredibly beautiful open-world where just looking around is satisfying, not to mention all the activities you can do. The gameplay is varied, hunting, taking bases, side-missions, crafting, discovering, and games like poker/aim challenge/races etc.
    The storyline is also pretty solid with a nice plot and greatly designed characters(especially the bad ones). The voice acting is top notch too.

Only good things to say about this game in my opinion. I think it's a must-play for all the shooter fans.
  98. May 25, 2013
    I originally played Far Cry 3 on Xbox 360 and was turned off by its god-awful performance and graphics, months later I bought it cheap on Steam to give it another a try and I'm glad I did. If you are a graphics snob like me you will not be disappointed, I can barely run this game on Ultra and tears come to my eyes when i see the beautiful colors and sharp textures. I knocked out over 22I originally played Far Cry 3 on Xbox 360 and was turned off by its god-awful performance and graphics, months later I bought it cheap on Steam to give it another a try and I'm glad I did. If you are a graphics snob like me you will not be disappointed, I can barely run this game on Ultra and tears come to my eyes when i see the beautiful colors and sharp textures. I knocked out over 22 hours before beating it within around 3 days! I was hooked! If you like that kind of game where your exploring and ass-kicking is rewarded by gradually upgrading you until you're are practically unstoppable, then grab this. It's a refreshing take on FPS, games like this and 'Rage' just blow my mind. The story was awesome but I would have liked more cut-scenes, they were done perfectly. The characters, their motion capture and facial work, not to mention the voice acting, is downright amazing. Expand
  99. Oct 1, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game right from the start to the end. Its as good as the first Far Cry in terms of approaching the missions in your own way. The graphics, music and level design is really good and the story keeps you interested right to the end. Its a great sequel and well worth buying.
  100. Dec 24, 2012
    I think its far different from what i played before,Far Cry 2 which is stupidly fast voice actor,GOnE,awesome...i`m not really much fans of Far Cry but to tell the truth,this game is far better than old series yet,with Incredible Graphics,Good Game-Play Mechanics,Good Storylines and Big map to explored :)
    But some Bugs may starting to get you nerve like wtf i stuck when sliding down
    But some Bugs may starting to get you nerve like wtf i stuck when sliding down cliff,a not so good stealth mechanics and enemies respawn quickly,but other than that,i really enjoy this game more than boring Far Cry 2.
  101. Dec 5, 2012

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013