8.2

1. Dec 18, 2012
    I will agree with some in saying that this game does need some patching. That is not to say that this is a bad game by any means. I have dropped almost 70 hours in this game and I have only had it a little more than a week. I wanted to love Farcry 2, but there were too many things that nit-picked me enough to really coming off hating that game. The re spawning enemies at checkpoints, theI will agree with some in saying that this game does need some patching. That is not to say that this is a bad game by any means. I have dropped almost 70 hours in this game and I have only had it a little more than a week. I wanted to love Farcry 2, but there were too many things that nit-picked me enough to really coming off hating that game. The re spawning enemies at checkpoints, the malaria dynamic, the weapon degradation, and lack of a good fast travel and map system to name a few. They did fix those issues in FC 3. The shooting feels solid, although I will agree with some that, initially at least, the protagonist is just too good of a shot. This game feels like the game Farcry 2 should have been. The story is great, voice acting is great. The story missions are interesting and varied enough to keep you playing. The boss fights all boil down to quick time events but the narrative surrounding them in interesting enough for it not really to be a negative. My biggest complaint is the UI. Very consolish which is very common with ports. The game often has you double clicking through menus to do things, which makes it especially annoying when crafting items, it can get very cumbersome after awhile and is not very intuitive. You will not spend a ton of time with the menus so while annoying it is minor in the grand scheme of things. There were also several points when you see enemies spawn into the environment. The HUD feels very cluttered, Ubisoft already acknowledged they are working on a patch for that. I did experience some animation glitches here and there, but nothing game breaking. There are a few bugs to nit-pick but nothing game breaking and that cannot be fixed with a patch or two.

Nvidia released Beta drivers 310.70 which added a much needed SLI profile, my performance damn near doubled so if you are running SLI this update is a must. Graphically the game is impressive, very bright and vibrant, which offers up a great contrast to the violence going on around you. Waterfalls do not look quite right, Skyrim did a better job in that regard. Not much else to say everything works as intended and looks great. The game features two different endings which are worth playing through to get both. Aside from that there are A LOT of collectibles to get and a lot of things to explore. There is just a lot of content outside of multi-player which is a rarity in this genre. I did get my money's worth out of this title. This time around Ubisoft remembered that in an open world game, we want to do more than just murder tons of dudes, which was also a big drawback from FC 2. FC 3 is one of the best shooters I have played all year and is definitely worth your time and money. I would like to do a more in depth analysis, but that would mean spoilers so I will leave it here.
  2. Feb 19, 2013
    simply put Amazing. from the running mechanics to the handbrake sound of cars, from the way weapons feel to the satisfaction of seeing your enemies fall from your bullets. There is no point in talking about what I like about FC3, so I'll just stick to the easy way, criticising. The driving was awesome, though I can't help feeling that they will pull it off perfectly in FC4, vehiclesimply put Amazing. from the running mechanics to the handbrake sound of cars, from the way weapons feel to the satisfaction of seeing your enemies fall from your bullets. There is no point in talking about what I like about FC3, so I'll just stick to the easy way, criticising. The driving was awesome, though I can't help feeling that they will pull it off perfectly in FC4, vehicle physics need some refinement (add more weight, add more traction properties). The stealth aspect of the game was BATCRAP awesome, but lacked a body dragging option (that takedown skill does not count. come on..). Maybe the story was a bit annoying at times, 4e.x. citra, wtf is her problem, did she rape me? anyway, awesome game, waiting for fc4! Expand
  3. Feb 12, 2013
    This game is an absolute blast! One of the only games of 2012 not to disappoint me. The overall experience is just phenomenal. I thought I would hate the gathering and crafting system, but it's awesome! I love the side quest and the whole structure of the game. The game is damn near a perfect fps single player experience. You should be able to get a good solid 30+ hours of game play.
  4. Jan 10, 2013
    BUY THIS GAME NOW. This game is absolutely amazing, I usually go in-depth and try give people a clear picture of a game when I review it but all I can say is this: This is basically Skyrim set on a tropical island in the present day real world with guns, amazing graphics, fascinating characters, a brilliant story and SUPER FUN side-missions, not to mention the great driving mechanics andBUY THIS GAME NOW. This game is absolutely amazing, I usually go in-depth and try give people a clear picture of a game when I review it but all I can say is this: This is basically Skyrim set on a tropical island in the present day real world with guns, amazing graphics, fascinating characters, a brilliant story and SUPER FUN side-missions, not to mention the great driving mechanics and freakin' sharks. If you're a videogamer you have to experience Far Cry 3 Expand
  5. Dec 27, 2012
    Far Cry 3 is absolutely amazing, the only thing preventing me from giving it a 10 was the ending and the boss encounters. Visually the game is very impressive and I loved the jungle setting. The gameplay was great and there is so much to do, by the time I had completed the story and all the extras I spent 30+ hours playing it. It's the best FPS I have played in years and I would recommendFar Cry 3 is absolutely amazing, the only thing preventing me from giving it a 10 was the ending and the boss encounters. Visually the game is very impressive and I loved the jungle setting. The gameplay was great and there is so much to do, by the time I had completed the story and all the extras I spent 30+ hours playing it. It's the best FPS I have played in years and I would recommend it to anybody. Expand
  6. Dec 14, 2012
    The game is OK.
    It lacks the depth that far cry 2 had and very quickly becomes repetitive. The graphics are OK, again compared to fc2 when that came out..disappointing. A lot of the things I liked from fc2 have been removed in favour of suiting child like play styles, which given the language in this game, leaves me confused.
    Then there's the storyline, some spoilt rich kid all of a
    The game is OK.
    Then there's the storyline, some spoilt rich kid all of a sudden overnight learns how to skin animals, make rucksacks, ammo pouches etc, and is instantly proficient with any weapon he picks up! This IMO, makes it very hard to become the character.

That said, the driving is much better in this and then side missions can be fun, dragging you away from they monotamous repetitavness that is the main SL.

7/10 as at least is a relatively good game unlike most the dross released lately, just REALLY annoyed they dumbed the game down.
  7. Dec 14, 2012
    I was not impressed by the latest Farcry release. When I first began the game it immediately reminded me of Just Cause 2. Both open world FPS games which drop you in a beautiful island in dire straights. Farcry 3 carries a more of a survival theme however and starts off catchy with a easy to follow cliche plot. When the intro is over and the world opens up to you things become dull andI was not impressed by the latest Farcry release. When I first began the game it immediately reminded me of Just Cause 2. Both open world FPS games which drop you in a beautiful island in dire straights. Farcry 3 carries a more of a survival theme however and starts off catchy with a easy to follow cliche plot. When the intro is over and the world opens up to you things become dull and repetitive. Every animal on the island becomes your next handbag in the pursuit of latching infinitely more weapons to your person. You will literally feel compelled to kill everything you see other than your homies who wear different colored shirts. The bad guys are sometimes easy to miss despite their distinctive outerwear. Baddies will drive past you on the road and do nothing yet sniping one from distant cover alerts your targets entire gang of your position. On the up side, the lighting and effects are on par with other modern FPS games, the combat and weapons are well thought out and there be coop. The only reason I would recommend this game is if you plan to play with your friends. Could be fun to team up with 2 hang gliders and rain fury upon the helpless meth head mercenaries below. Expand
  8. Dec 29, 2012
    This site, as the internet as a whole, became a place for trolls. No one, NO ONE would honestly gives this game less than 7, unless you have no love for shooters... And in this case you shouldn't bother playing it, isn't it? Oh, but I forgot! Of course you didn't even play it. And that's the real deal, isn't it?
    About the game: it's much better than FC2. The lack of context always stoped
    About the game: it's much better than FC2. The lack of context always stoped me from playing it for more than a couple of hours, Here you have a story and interesting characters. The graphics are excelent and the sound keeps you imersed.
    Weak point: boss battles. WTF these developers think? I really HATE quick time events and some minor issues. I would give it an 8, but it happens that the multiplayer is in fact great, and that's totally unexpected, at least for me.
  9. Dec 24, 2012
    A thrilling adventure from start to end, Far Cry 3 is as deep as the holes you'll be exploring. Far Cry 3; like it's predecessors puts you on an island and asks you to do pretty outrageous things in an effort to save your friends, and yourself, from the pirates and kidnappers of the island. Far Cry 3 adds more to the game in the form of quests and keeps the plot moving with theA thrilling adventure from start to end, Far Cry 3 is as deep as the holes you'll be exploring. Far Cry 3; like it's predecessors puts you on an island and asks you to do pretty outrageous things in an effort to save your friends, and yourself, from the pirates and kidnappers of the island. Far Cry 3 adds more to the game in the form of quests and keeps the plot moving with the introduction of a more focused story element which has NPCs popping in and out of Jason's life. There is plenty to explore, and I find that it has a nice pace to it. Each part of the map requires you to take over a Radio Tower, which reveals part of the map. This encourages you to both explore, and to spend your time in a fixed area, insuring you aren't overwhelmed such as games like Just Cause 2, where the game world is so large you lose interest. There are a great number of vehicles and weapons in Far Cry 3. You don't feel like you need to farm money, or spend a great deal of time hunting vehicles. Guns can be earned for free by simply taking over radio towers, and special; more powerful weaponry can appear by collecting the various artifacts scattered all over the island. The story is interesting, but you need to approach it with an open mind, because there's more than meets the eye, and the island is quite alive with various wildlife all over, from birds to tigers; if you're not stalking it, it's stalking you. Simply put, Far Cry 3 is entertaining and fun, and you will have lots to do and enjoy doing it. Expand
  10. Jan 16, 2013
    Absolutely it's the 2012 game of the year. Only few things sin the game. It has an super involving non-cliche story mixed with one of the best graphics ever. It has so many things to explore, weapons to unlock, basically everything that a game have to have. We also cannot forget about the super charismatic characters like the great Vaas. If you think that it's over, it comes with anAbsolutely it's the 2012 game of the year. Only few things sin the game. It has an super involving non-cliche story mixed with one of the best graphics ever. It has so many things to explore, weapons to unlock, basically everything that a game have to have. We also cannot forget about the super charismatic characters like the great Vaas. If you think that it's over, it comes with an intense co-op and multiplayer campaign that can be so longer that the main campaign. This is one of the must-have games before die. Expand
  11. Jan 29, 2013
    The single player was exciting and superbly entertaining. I enjoyed beautiful island with all its wildlife and madmen. The greatest downside was the multiplayer. NO DEDICATED SERVERS?? How can a PC multiplayer work without dedicated servers? The game stops and sometimes disconnects when the host leaves, it really gets on my nerves and I did not get the multiplayer experience I had hoped for.
  12. Mar 2, 2013
    Fantastic story line, although once i completed the main quest line i wasn't compelled to continue single player. The side missions are ridiculously repetitive and boring. Multiplayer is alright, but nothing too special. The fact that you cant choose the coop chapter to play is extremely annoying. Lets not forget that this game is plagued by Ubisoft's pathetic platform, Uplay. DefinitelyFantastic story line, although once i completed the main quest line i wasn't compelled to continue single player. The side missions are ridiculously repetitive and boring. Multiplayer is alright, but nothing too special. The fact that you cant choose the coop chapter to play is extremely annoying. Lets not forget that this game is plagued by Ubisoft's pathetic platform, Uplay. Definitely worth playing, these complaints are mostly minor. The single player story was the selling point for me. Expand
  13. Feb 14, 2013
    One of Best Games after long time. Best Far Cry Game. The Only one,where series 3 don'T suck. Best Open World Game Ever. For all who love Shooter,Action and more.
  14. May 20, 2013
    this is one of the greatest open world games!!! everything in the game is great exept the story and few glitches. the story just doesnt make sense. it isnt the worst i seen but its hard to believe it or get attached to the characters and your friends. the thing that saves the story is vaas. Vaas is one of the greatest villans of all time!!!!! vaas is insane and the voice acter is justthis is one of the greatest open world games!!! everything in the game is great exept the story and few glitches. the story just doesnt make sense. it isnt the worst i seen but its hard to believe it or get attached to the characters and your friends. the thing that saves the story is vaas. Vaas is one of the greatest villans of all time!!!!! vaas is insane and the voice acter is just amazing!!! the game has few glitches. for the size of the game they arent so bad but they still are present. now to the good things. the world is just huge. there is tones to do and a lot to explore. the game is full with gorgeous old temples and amazing cliffs and waterfalls. there are also a lot of underwater tunnels and wrecked ships to explore. there are a lot of collectibles. normally i dont like finding collectibles but here its really fun and cool. the game also has a lot of side missions which are really fun. the game has skill trees. they are overall pretty good and they give you useful and fun abilities. the game also has a lot of first person animations. from taking a bullet out of your hand, to climbing plants, the animations are great and really immerse you. the stealth in the game is great as well. you can play the missions how you want to, stealthily or guns blazing. the AI is good. the guns feel great and there are a lot of them.
    this is an awesome open world game!!!! BUY IT ITS AWESOME!!!!!
  15. Apr 26, 2013
    Really solid game until about half way through when the move happens to the southern island, and at that point the story loses steam. Quite a lot of memorable moments though and one of the best performances by a 'bad guy' in gaming that I can recall.
  16. Jul 2, 2013
    awesomeness can't describe this game it is awesome in every way from the amazing stunning graphics to the explosively fun game play and great story with jaw dropping moments This is a Must own
  17. Mar 14, 2013
    First of all, this is NOT the Skyrim of shooters or action games. This is a dolled up FPS that masks itself as an open-world sandbox game, but the only thing you can play with in that sandbox is a toy truck and a cat turd. The PC version is sleek and pretty, as well as mechanically smooth and visually-rewarding, but ultimately fails to be a top game. The story is inspired, but the whinyFirst of all, this is NOT the Skyrim of shooters or action games. This is a dolled up FPS that masks itself as an open-world sandbox game, but the only thing you can play with in that sandbox is a toy truck and a cat turd. The PC version is sleek and pretty, as well as mechanically smooth and visually-rewarding, but ultimately fails to be a top game. The story is inspired, but the whiny of a protagonist can't stop "OMG"ing at every turn. Sometimes you wish he was the norm a silent puppet hero that so many games seem to be afraid to stray from. Quests seem bizarre and unnecessary. Am I seriously hunting sharks with a RPG right now? Yes...yes I am...so I can craft a RUCKSACK. The AI is relatively unintelligible. This game was meant for YouTubers to make "LOL moments" videos with, but not much more beyond that. Expand
  18. Jul 20, 2013
    A great game! The story was pretty decent and the environments looked amazing (people not so much tho). The world was open enough to be fun without being so large that you wound up hating it. I also liked having the freedom to choose between tackling an objective/outpost stealthily or just running in guns blazing. Thankfully, getting all of the achievements doesn't involve 100%ing the gameA great game! The story was pretty decent and the environments looked amazing (people not so much tho). The world was open enough to be fun without being so large that you wound up hating it. I also liked having the freedom to choose between tackling an objective/outpost stealthily or just running in guns blazing. Thankfully, getting all of the achievements doesn't involve 100%ing the game so some of the more tedious tasks and quests can be left out which is nice. As a sidenote, the DLC is pretty meh with only the monkey business quests being worthwhile. Also, the co-op missions were pretty fun and challenging, but they are much more linear than single player and don't allow for any exploring as you play. Expand
  19. Mar 25, 2013
    I don't even know where to start, good story, fast paced or slow depending on what you choose, very open, hands down the best game I think I have ever played!
  20. Apr 27, 2013
    Pretty much the exact same thing as the previous Far Cry game, which everyone hated. Watch an unskippable cutscene, drive for 10 minutes to a waypoint, kill someone, drive back. Repeat ad nauseam. Why? At no point does the game give me any compelling reasons as to why I should care or even continue.
  21. May 8, 2013
    This game has always dissapointed me from the second edition Here to make it simple :

Firstly When i first played far cry2 all i can get is a boring experience Driving car like hell so weird looking at the super-boring environment I am not really into FPS games but at least i like to play call of duty why because i can get as many environment details so the game wont feel flat and also there is many conversations along the game that i wont bored .

note to game developer players love freedom and soul in their game and this game is totally soul-less .

secondly the graphic was badly optimized for PC i have lowered my pc graphics system but still it lags Even if i maximized the resolutions all i can get is so damn cartoonish grass and bushes

thirdly why i still want to give 3 for the score because the game Borneo or somewhere near there takes place near my home indonesia
  22. Jun 3, 2013
    My game of 2012, graphically it is excellent and performs well on most modern PC builds, it is an open world game which made me cautious after Far Cry 2, however they managed to strike an amazing balance of Story, Gameplay, Exploration and Action, with enough of its own ideas injected to make it really stand out.

The character development is very cool, true the "friends" are pretty

The character development is very cool, true the "friends" are pretty generic but some of the antagonists are incredibly entertaining in a dark and twisted way, and Far Cry 3 really is the best example I can think of where your actions throughout the story truly change the character and judgement of the character you play.

My only criticisms would be that there is perhaps to much to explore and find, which for the completionist or OCD inflicted can really drag out the hours, however, if you focus on the core elements such as, Towers Bases, Hunting and Missions you should find nothing but entertainment from this great game.
  23. Jun 27, 2013
    The game is amazing! Since the characters, the graphics (very beauty), the sound of guns, gameplay And the story of the game then? One of, if not the best story of action games!
  24. Sep 20, 2013
    I felt like opening a Pandora's box when trying to determine the score for this game. If you compare it to games of the modern era only, it's hard to not give it a 10. If you look at it more broadly though, the score drops.

Far Cry 3 is a Ubisoft game through and through. Their niche seems to be GTA-inspired sandbox games (AC, FC, SR). FC3 is exactly that. I was going to call it "GTA on an island" first, but that's not really fair. Then again, it's not completely wrong either. The game also seems to borrow small elements from AC series, which depending on your point of view can either be a good or a bad thing.

As for my opinion, the story and setting were really solid, even if a bit schizophrenic. The main character is more or less an ordinary guy with no goals in life, but then he finds some and becomes an elite commando army of one. There's some voodoo and stuff like that involved though. And that really sets the tone of the game. It's not really meant to be a realistic simulator, although it may look to do that on the outside. When you get deeper into it, you'll see that the game is full of supernatural elements as well and as such, the fact that you can see all the points of interest on the minimap automatically didn't really bother me. I especially liked how the game handled some bossfights. Not necessarily because they were QTEish, but because if they were normal shooting gallery sequences, that would've just sucked.

Other strong points were equipment customizability, animations, level of detail, voice acting, some of the dialogue, sidemissions that were actually fun and last but not least, the fact that you can just roam around the map doing whatever you want. The game also looks damn gorgeous with all the graphics turned high.

As for the bad side of things, well, the combat isn't really made to be challenging or balanced. As such, the ugly side of modern gaming raises up it's head once more. This game isn't hard. It's easy, even. And once again, it's a bit spoonfeedy. Despite that, I think it keeps itself together really nice.
    I didn't try multiplayer, but co-op was a useless tack-in to boost sales. There's also level-grinding and stuff like that involved in the multiplayer/co-op, which I don't approve of.

To explain what I said earlier about the score of the game dropping if you rate it taking into account more than just the modern era, I mean that this game doesn't necessarily offer a whole lot of new things, and I think it does things a bit tongue-in-cheek to compensate for that. But then, it's such a well-executed, fun and high production value package that I can't just go full cynic on it.

Don't take this game too seriously and you'll have a fun ride that can last up to 30 hours.
  25. Sep 23, 2013
    If you're a fan of beautiful landscapes and amazing story, than Far Cry 3 is for you. This game had some of the best graphics and textures in a video game, and if you think you have seen the best looking water in a game, think again, because Far Cry 3 has the best looking oceans and rivers I have ever seen. The story is one of the best I have ever experienced. One of the best endings in aIf you're a fan of beautiful landscapes and amazing story, than Far Cry 3 is for you. This game had some of the best graphics and textures in a video game, and if you think you have seen the best looking water in a game, think again, because Far Cry 3 has the best looking oceans and rivers I have ever seen. The story is one of the best I have ever experienced. One of the best endings in a video game. Fantastic writing. Only problem I had were occasional graphical pop-ins, but nothing severe. Expand
  26. Sep 21, 2013
    Thank you Ubisoft for more than 30 hours of pure fun!
    The game is really great, and there is so many opportunities. I'm so close to give this game 10 straight, but there are a few things i feel like there's missing. A thing i would really have loved would be if you could play through the whole game in CO-OP, and not just play some special missions.
    Also i wouldn't recommend just trying
    Thank you Ubisoft for more than 30 hours of pure fun!
    Also i wouldn't recommend just trying to finish the missions/extra missions, spend some time looking around the Island, and discover some of the secret places. If you're just trying to finish the objectives you pretty much repeat the same route over and over again, which is not funny:
    You clear a mission You activate the nearby radiotower You clear the outposts in the new area ->You clear the missions that you unlock when you get a new outpost.
    I haven't had any problems with this, since im spending alot time exploring the island, killing animals to upgrade my capacity, and finding plants to get the best possible medicin. I also love to try new tactics at every outpost and see what works out best.
    IMPORTANT: I'm not trying to decide how you wanna play the game, it's just a heads up since it's something i've been thinking about when i unlock new radio towers.
    There are just so many cool features in this game, that i decided to look at some of the less fascinating things about this game.
    What i thought after a while in Far Cry 3:I bought this game on Steam when it was 50% off (Price was 15 Euro) and now i allmost feel bad i didn't pay full price for this awesome game!
    Im waiting for ya, Far Cry 4!
  27. Sep 24, 2013
    Such a complete game. It mixes quite well adventure and action. Just focusing on the story it would have been a regular game, but the details really max out the entire game. I really had fun playing it.
  28. Oct 16, 2013
    I feel the game was overall enjoyable, I like the range of weapons and customisations to choose from and the stealth aspect was quite enjoyable and often a good option as on harder difficulties trying to fight multiple enemies became a challenge. However the story, which was promising, became very anti-climatic and lack lustre. I also feel the combat became far too easy when you couldI feel the game was overall enjoyable, I like the range of weapons and customisations to choose from and the stealth aspect was quite enjoyable and often a good option as on harder difficulties trying to fight multiple enemies became a challenge. However the story, which was promising, became very anti-climatic and lack lustre. I also feel the combat became far too easy when you could simply inject yourself with a syringe to instantly heal or even become invincible (no really) for about 30 seconds, and then pump another when that ran out. The quick heal option and the enemy tagging (which allows you to easily keep track of where enemies are as you can see them through walls) made stealth relatively easy. I found the hunting better than most games but it soon lost meaning as I crafted all the items that needed to be crafted there was no reason to return. Side missions were truly poor and the voice acting terrible for the minor characters. The main and supporting characters (like Vaas, Hoyt, Buck and Sam) are surprisingly well acted with real emotion in their voices and genuinely interesting characters. Overall the gameplay makes it quite enjoyable but the story and side quests let it down, and if your wondering how long it would take to complete my total gameplay hours were about 9 hours (and that was doing everything in game accept from collecting all loot chests/letters and relics). Expand
  29. Jan 25, 2014
    (Note: If you don't have a good computer, it will not run, and even if it does, it'll be extremely laggy.) This game is purely amazing. I'm a huge fan of open world games (Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, etc.) so when I saw this, I had to get it. It has some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and a open world as big as Morrowind. The RPG mechanics are pretty good too. If you are a fan of FPS,(Note: If you don't have a good computer, it will not run, and even if it does, it'll be extremely laggy.) This game is purely amazing. I'm a huge fan of open world games (Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, etc.) so when I saw this, I had to get it. It has some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and a open world as big as Morrowind. The RPG mechanics are pretty good too. If you are a fan of FPS, RPG, or Adventure games, this game is a must have. Expand
  30. Dec 4, 2012
    This is by far the best FarCry and probably one of the best PC games of the year (My other favorite is Dishonored)! Amazing graphics and a large free-to-roam world. The gun handling is good with lots of guns (many guns are revealed later in the game). The gun sights are a little bit fuzzy in terms of usability, better off sticking with just a red-dot sight. Very good storyline with goodThis is by far the best FarCry and probably one of the best PC games of the year (My other favorite is Dishonored)! Amazing graphics and a large free-to-roam world. The gun handling is good with lots of guns (many guns are revealed later in the game). The gun sights are a little bit fuzzy in terms of usability, better off sticking with just a red-dot sight. Very good storyline with good connections and twists. Stealth is a small problem in the game. You can snipe an enemy a mile away with a silencer in a bush on a mountain and the other enemies immediately know where you are... I mean, they should be alerted about a body, but not immediately shoot back in your direction... BACK ON AN ISLAND and a believeable story, unlike the second FarCry... and the first with too much weird Sci-Fi and monsters... Expand
  31. Dec 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bellissimo uno dei giochi più belli a cui abbia mai giocato!! La storia come le missioni divertenti, e tutto il mondo intorno è vivo e bello da vedere, sopratutto su un pc con alte performance.
    Il multiplayer non è eccezionale e la campagna è un po' corta dato che non riesci a smetterci di giocare :).
    Un must have per tutti, sopratutto per chi possiede un bel pc, dato che c sono paesaggi da mozzare il fiato
  32. Dec 4, 2012
    Four hours into a game is probably a little early for a review but I usually know if a game is worth playing within the first 20 minutes. In short, Far Cry 3 delivers. Don't pay attention to any score under 7. Those people are angry inside and are probably trolling. REVIEW: The Dx 11 graphics are beautiful and the controls are solid. The story is a bit cliche and some of the charactersFour hours into a game is probably a little early for a review but I usually know if a game is worth playing within the first 20 minutes. In short, Far Cry 3 delivers. Don't pay attention to any score under 7. Those people are angry inside and are probably trolling. REVIEW: The Dx 11 graphics are beautiful and the controls are solid. The story is a bit cliche and some of the characters could be described as the douche-bag frat brosephs with gnarly tats and epic pecks. On the flip side, there are some great characters with excellent voice acting; such as the main villain and the Dr./Scientist dude. As far as gameplay goes; think of the open world freedom and environment of the first Crysis, paired with the shooting mechanics of Battlefield 3 (sort of). I say Battlefield 3 because in my opinion, aside from a tiny bit of bobbing, the feel of the weapons and your control of them feel reminiscent of BF3, which is a good thing. There are also a few RPG elements to the game which make it a bit more interesting. You can go around hunting wildlife, skinning them, and using the skin to craft new pouches for a surprisingly wide variety of gear. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that when you skin an animal, you take what appears to be a heart, or chunk of meat, rather than the actual hide. Not an issue by any means, just a little lazy on the dev's part. I have not gotten very far into the story but I can assure you there is plenty to do otherwise. Countless side-quests involving hunting for various animals, killing different targets of interest, car races, courier missions and a few other types. Enough to keep you busy if you don't want to blast through the main quest-line. There are a couple annoyances for me. The first, u-Play. I won't go on a rant but in short: it's **** stupid. Just stay in offline-mode and you wont have many issues. Another minor gripe I have is the save system. There is a quick save feature but it is useless. Whenever the game loads, you start in a safe house nowhere near where the quick save was activated. Also, when you're in an active mission, the game won't let you quick save. Rather, it auto saves at the beginning of the mission and if you fail, you revert. All of the minor annoyances aside, the game is awesome and I was pleasantly surprised. There are a lot of **** games out now that were hyped up to be something they're not, but Ubisoft did a great job with this title and I'll be enjoying it for months to come. And as far as performance; I have a 2600k @ 4.2 GHz with 16 gigs of RAM and a GTX 670. The game runs at a constant 55-60 fps with all of the settings on max except for shadows and ambient lighting, which are set to high as opposed to ultra. Oh yeah, vehicles are sick. The driving mechanics are perfect and there is a wide variety of cars and boats to choose from. There are also hang gliders... Nuff said. For anyone who is on the fence, I highly recommend getting this game. Expand
  33. Jan 16, 2013
    An overrated commercial release. The story starts out great. However, it crosses slowly into ridiculous and ends up being an entirely idiotic scoff-fest. It is the story of a 19-year old american kid who never fired a gun or saw a man get killed in his life, who goes forth to become a guerilla warfare expert and the "chosen one" of an ancient tribe of warriors in a matter of days. TheyAn overrated commercial release. The story starts out great. However, it crosses slowly into ridiculous and ends up being an entirely idiotic scoff-fest. It is the story of a 19-year old american kid who never fired a gun or saw a man get killed in his life, who goes forth to become a guerilla warfare expert and the "chosen one" of an ancient tribe of warriors in a matter of days. They even stated it was supposed to be satirical, when it is actually a poor excuse of a story in a full-priced game. It has a bunch of interesting characters which have way too little time on-screen, and a bunch of other characters who are just bland and forgettable. Gameplay seems amazing at first, but after a couple of hours it just becomes repetitive and absurdly easy. The game's health system is easily manipulated with either stabbing yourself continuously with a syringe or digging out a bullet from your forearm for the 50th time. The stealth system in there is just a poor attempt at realism, as all enemies behave like they have Alzheimer's and cataract. Crafting any syringe other than the health one is more trouble than it's worth, and bag-making is just a ladder you will complete quickly. The game has some good voice acting and sound effects, and finally there is the graphics, which are the game's only saving grace. It gets a 3 for the graphics and for the poker and knife-throwing mini-games which end up being more fun than the main gameplay. Expand
  34. Jan 14, 2013
    There are two adjectives to sum up the overall experience of playing Far Cry 3: beautifully boring. Far Cry 3 is a lovely game to look at whilst playing, mostly. However it's performance suffers immensely due to the demanding graphics. I have other games in my inventory that look just as good as Far Cry 3 yet they yield a much more enjoyable performance from my desktop PC. This game isThere are two adjectives to sum up the overall experience of playing Far Cry 3: beautifully boring. Far Cry 3 is a lovely game to look at whilst playing, mostly. However it's performance suffers immensely due to the demanding graphics. I have other games in my inventory that look just as good as Far Cry 3 yet they yield a much more enjoyable performance from my desktop PC. This game is demanding on system specs and playing with full graphic settings requires a system that would likely be overkill even for the infamously demanding game titled ArmA. The game play is lousy. I have played many shooters and the worst one I have played to date is Kane & Lynch, the reason for bringing up that title is because Far Cry 3 feels like the horrendous shooter that Kane & Lynch turned out to be. When I buy a video game I always play it at its highest difficulty setting. Difficult does not exist in Far Cry 3. I finished the game, playing a few hours a day, in under a week. I like a challenging shooter that requires tact and finesse. Far Cry 3 is a lousy shooter. It is too easy to aim and noticed several times that my aim doesn't need to be true in order to get that head shot kill. Throughout the entire game I felt as if I were playing a shooter with a Nerf gun. The warring experience never felt legit or realistic and most of the time it feels like a cartoon. Furthermore the game is far too easy to play and even worse is that the AI is always predictable and boring and never provide any challenge. Don't even get me started with the mechanics of the AI! If you make some commotion near an enemy camp, even whilst well hidden from a vantage point, the AI always comes looking for you towards your general vicinity. They don't span out and scour the entire area around the camp to find you, they come directly to where you are hiding but even though they come straight for you they are often easily repelled and after five minutes the enemy camp is free and friendly AI start to spawn instantly. Do this over and over and over again. The aspect of freeing the island of enemy camps feels like a chore and the job quickly becomes boring and increasingly non-challenging. The story is the saddest part of Far Cry 3. Did a grade 6 student write this during his free time? Far Cry 3's storyline is absolutely appalling and lame. The cut scenes are impossible to skip which is incredibly frustrating because the story is weak and the voices are poorly acted, also the cut scenes are often way too lengthy. This game feels like a movie. If I want to watch scripted scenes I will watch a movie. I play video games for the challenging aspect that the game should provide. Far Cry 3 however provides no challenge with its game play. It is a mediocre shooter at best with clumsy controls that are not user friendly for the keyboard/mouse players. All this garbage and nonsense is all wrapped up in the beautiful scenery which efficiently camouflages the game's flaws. If you like a pretty video game. Go ahead. Far Cry 3 is for you. If you're a true gamer looking for a challenge, stay well away from Far Cry 3. This is one game that will be collecting dust on my shelf along with all the other games with poor re playability. Expand
  35. Dec 5, 2012
    Hate to see this game get a bad rating from people with bad computers this is one of my favourite games, graphics are awesome and I love how you have to hunt to upgrade your equipment
  36. Dec 5, 2012
    I really think that this game is the best shooter ever.Of course they are some points that people can discuss, but the gameplay, the liberty to do whatever you want, makes this game a must have. I never got that feeling in any other shooter. In addition to that it's graphically top notch and I didn't got major bugs. The people having crash and freeze maybe didn't wait for the day oneI really think that this game is the best shooter ever.Of course they are some points that people can discuss, but the gameplay, the liberty to do whatever you want, makes this game a must have. I never got that feeling in any other shooter. In addition to that it's graphically top notch and I didn't got major bugs. The people having crash and freeze maybe didn't wait for the day one patch. Well, I highly recommend this game which let some new way of thinking gaming. Of course if your best game ever player is COD this could be too complicated for you ;) Expand
  37. Jan 27, 2013
    Underwhelming and over hyped. Once the world opens up to you, the game becomes a series of tedious exercises in collecting plants and animal hides to work around the ridiculous caps on money, ammo, and equipment the game saddles you with. Worst part about the crafting system is the specificity of materials required for a given upgrade. For example, collect two hides of species X for theUnderwhelming and over hyped. Once the world opens up to you, the game becomes a series of tedious exercises in collecting plants and animal hides to work around the ridiculous caps on money, ammo, and equipment the game saddles you with. Worst part about the crafting system is the specificity of materials required for a given upgrade. For example, collect two hides of species X for the first upgrade. Congratulations! Next, collect two hides of species Y who is only found on the other side of the **** island! Why does the same item require leather from a specific sub species of tapir when boar hide was good enough for the first upgrade? The map doesn't tell you which animal icons are what animal, so most of the time it's blind luck you're after the right one. The side missions are silly mini games that undercut the atmosphere of gritty survival the game attempts to conjure. Much like Far Cry 2, stealth sucks because enemies instantly know where your position is even when using a silenced sniper rifle. The story is terrible and I could give two **** about the main character and his obnoxious friends. I'm tired of open world games that craft a visually stunning world with the promise of exploration and adventure only to populate it with tantalizing caves and abandoned buildings whose only point of interest turn out to be a wooden crate with a shark tooth necklace and absurdly repetitive side missions/farming tasks. Also, no predatory cat should be able to withstand half a magazine 7.62 rounds from an AK-47 when it takes two rounds to down a human NPC. It's like Red Dead Redemption's cougars all over again. Expand
  38. Dec 4, 2012
    The best Shooter since Crysis 1 back in 2007. The performance is great for me, with an 4-year old PC (playing on high). (Intel 9650 4x3,0ghz, 4gb ram, geforce 570gtx 1gb)

The island is huge and in every corner you can find something special. Another great feature is that the world in Far Cry 3 is soooo alive animals attack pirates or your allies fight against them. I love it. The graphics are nice. There are some nice shadow effects and the jungle looks like a jungle. Maybe you meet a tiger in there...

Right now i played 5h+ and i must say that the story is awesome. Its not a normal story like in Call Of Duty or Battlefield 3 its unique in some ways.
    I dont get bored with this game, you have so many things to do. Collect relicts, or just hunting animals to collect skins for upgrading your inventory. You also can play like you want. Play like rambo? Yes you can! You want to be sneaky. Just do if you want!

Two things i dont like in Far Cry 3 are the multiplayer. Its nearly the same as Call of Duty. You unlock weapons with every level you complete. (But i dont care about the multiplayer because i bought this game for the singleplayer experience)
    The other things is that the artificial intelligence is quiet easy to fight against. Sometimes they dont really know whats going on.

This game deserves to be the best game of 2012!!
  39. Dec 4, 2012
    short review

pros:
    - good graphics
    - massive open world
    - many possibilities
    cons:
    - story could be more intense
    - performance should be faster
    - civilians in this world felt plastic
  40. Feb 1, 2013
    I'd heard lots of good things about this game, and I've been a fan of the previous games (the original more than it's sequel). I'd heard that it didn't continue the plot or characters from either of the two previous games, which was a shame, but if the ongoing theme of the FarCry series was to have a standalone story with each episode, then I figured, why not? I'd read that the HUD was aI'd heard lots of good things about this game, and I've been a fan of the previous games (the original more than it's sequel). I'd heard that it didn't continue the plot or characters from either of the two previous games, which was a shame, but if the ongoing theme of the FarCry series was to have a standalone story with each episode, then I figured, why not? I'd read that the HUD was a bit too cluttered, but that there were various mods to minimise or even remove it, so I was encouraged by the fact that I would be able to customise certain aspects if I felt it was required. I'd also heard that the plot was weak, but that the game-play more than made up for it. So I was prepared for that too.

What I wasn't prepared for was how much of an utter disappoint the game really was. In my opinion the HUD and terrible plot are MORE than enough to ruin the game, and it baffles me that anyone could even get past these two obstacles to even enjoy the game-play. Thankfully, I had installed a couple of mods to improve game-play (more accurate weapons and improved selection) and remove the HUD completely (the official patch didn't go anywhere near far enough in this regard), so the game I am scoring here is not the game I've been playing for the last three weeks, it's the game I would have been forced to play without the mods.

Seriously, who needs that amount of information flashing and bobbing around on their screen to tell them the SAME thing at least three times? The HUD elements, even with all the customisable ones turned off, turn a potentially enjoyable challenge into a ridiculously easy arcade game, where neither thought, exploration or initiative are required. Objectives tell you to 'find' this or 'locate' that, and yet the whereabouts of every objective, no, every STAGE of every objective, is indicated in three different places, two of which are on your HUD (not including what you can actually see with your eyes!). The AI of the enemies is fantastic, amongst the best I've encountered, but the poor sods don't stand a chance because they're splashed all over your mini-map and appear clearly, even behind objects, with big red icons over their heads.

And then there's the plot and characters. Unfortunately, no one's come up with a mod to make the plot or characters any more interesting, and no amount of HUD removal or weapon modding is going to help me give a damn about any of the characters and what's happening to them. Even your own, annoyingly vocal, character, Jason, is a hateful adolescent (not in years, but in behaviour), and his friends are all stereotyped air-heads with no substance.

I get the feeling there is more to the story than it first appears, and there's some kind of 'Alice in Wonderland' sub-plot going on (I've avoided plot spoilers), and that maybe there will be some kind of Fight Club-style reveal where it turns out Jason is actually Vaas, and vice-versa. But you know what? I just don't care any more. I'm about 8 hours into the game and have deliberately avoided following the story, not only because it's weak and the characters are hateful, but also because it means I'm likely to have to sit through endless boring cut-scenes, or stupid, arcade-style mini-games, or encounter the nemesis of any immersion junkie like myself, the dreaded quick-time event (seriously who actually LIKES quick-time events? Who buys a game and says to themselves, 'oh wow, I hope this game has LOTS of quick-time events). Why can't developers just let us PLAY the game, instead of constantly forcing our actions, or taking away our control all together. Valve and other progressive developers have proved time and again that you can have both a great game and a great immersive experience without compromising your in-game freedom, so why is there still this obsession with trying to turn games into movies?

I probably shouldn't review the game before I've finished it, but I've just started re-playing BioShock to remind myself what a good, immersive first-person experience feels like (HUD elements and all!), and to prepare myself for the release of the next BioShock game, so the chances of me going back to FarCry 3 before BioShock Infinite comes out are slim.

It's a damn shame, because there are loads of things to love about FarCry 3; the hunting, the expanse of the island, the superb AI, the weapons, the beautiful graphics, the best motion-capture acting in a game (Vaas), but all of that can only last me so long, and I just don't want to be in the shoes of this character any more. I'd rather put Jason's friends out of their misery and explore the island.

With mods, such as the removal of the HUD and the improved weapon selection, I'd give the game a 6 out of 10. A better story would have probably meant an 8 or 9. But the vanilla game deserves nothing more than a 1, because developers need to realise that you just can't treat your audience like imbeciles.
  41. Feb 18, 2013
    I've played both far cry 1 and 2 and I can honestly say that the third installment to the series is probably the weakest. The first game was way ahead of it's time and I played that game for years. The second game was a mixed bag. It had some components to it that were a first for the genre like pulling bullets out of your body and having to fix your gun from being jammed to having toI've played both far cry 1 and 2 and I can honestly say that the third installment to the series is probably the weakest. The first game was way ahead of it's time and I played that game for years. The second game was a mixed bag. It had some components to it that were a first for the genre like pulling bullets out of your body and having to fix your gun from being jammed to having to fix your broken down vehicle. The little things are what make or break a game imo, things like looking down and actually being able to see your feet or when you reach for something you see your hand extend and you pick it up or turn the handle. I can't stand it when things just teleport into my inventory or doors magically open. These are easy things to fix and they immerse you into the game. Unfortunately far cry 2's AI was some of the worst I have ever seen in a game. The graphics and fire were amazing, but only a couple of things kept the game from being one of the best FPS's of all time; bad AI and having to travel for miles and miles. I was hoping that Far Cry 3 would take the best things from both games and make a masterpiece. WRONG. The story isn't bad, but it's hard to really immerse yourself into the game, wanting to be like Rambo, when you are in control of a whimpy, whinny little teenage kid. The fact that right away the Island dwellers want you to save their homeland and you simply agree to it is ridiculous, not to mention they want you to do all the work! My most anticipated part of the whole game was the hunting aspect because when I played Crysis 1 I absolutely love hunting the enemy in the jungle. In Far Cry 3, the possibility of being attacked by a shark swimming to your boat or getting eaten by an alligator or tiger is pretty cool, but it wears off pretty quickly when you have to do it just to make bigger holsters for weapons and ammo all the time. Sorry but I don't want to go hunt some stupid goat or pig just to see some horribly inaccurate stab animation with a knife and pull out its organs. At least make the animation realistic. The menus, while not terrible, are far from the best I have used. Something really annoying is that I spent a good half hour trying to figure out how to make explosive tip arrows, finally just giving up and googling it to find out that they are just magically accessible once you get so far into the main story. It would have been nice to have that explained in the weapons info page. I got to hang glide, but that was surprisingly boring. Not much to see really and no point in doing it. There are like fifty different ways to get somewhere and hang gliding as slow as molasses is not my cup of tea. The graphics are a huge disappointment. When you zoom in with your camera, you can see pop in and textures that are all out of place. I maxed out the video settings, but why put my pc through that when I can play at lower settings and see pretty much zero difference? Glad they put in all those settings...too bad they don't do anything relevant aside from bogging down your system. Console port for sure. Btw, I would like to know where to buy one of those amazing cameras that can somehow track enemies and animals in real time. Pretty amazing. Amazingly dumb that is. If you want to just shoot guns you're in for a real treat because getting all of them is as easy as pie. Just climb all the radio towers and they become free in all the stores. Lame'o. About the fifth mission in, they tell you to explore the island, which I did, and by the time I started my next mission, I was so over powered that it was a cake walk clearing out enemy encampments. I mean seriously, what is the point of exploring an island when everything is already displayed on your map? I have no incentive to keep playing this game because everything is handed over on a silver platter. Btw, Uplay is extremely annoying. I was without internet for like two weeks and it became readily apparent that without internet this game is pretty much unplayable. Like steam, you have to log on in order to log off to play offline. We need a better solution people. All in all, this game is a huge disappointment. This games biggest flaw is that after about three hours of playtime, you really have no reason to continue, aside from the lame story that is. An open world sandbox game should be more fun than this. In a nutshell, this game is just plain boring. Expand
  42. Dec 6, 2012
    Books.

they say never judge a book by its cover, but oh i will judge. for a game that claims to be a farcry game it sure does venture far from the farcry idea, i mean trading, resource gathering? this isnt skyrim of minecraft! and as for the first mission, the best way to sell an open world game is with an open world. not to confine you to narrow rock passages. also this is a PC
    Books.

also this is a PC game. you are allowed to render cutscenes in game, i have a gaming PC for a reason.

but the worse has got to be that every single amazing feature from farcry 2, the diamond hunting, the map, the monicle, the unbelivable graphics engine, the physics, the lack of massive arrows in the sky pointing you blindly to your destination and beautiful non existant HUD have been all reaplaced with low resolution textures, a mini map with waypoint plotting, "click here to fast travel" and pretty much tried to forget the annoyingly under-aooreciated farcry 2 as though it was the worst game ever created.
  43. Dec 12, 2012
    Great game. I loved the single player. Has its flaws like all games, the HUD is intrusive and the AI isn't terrific. However, the scenery is amazing and the characters in it were hilarious, Vaas, Hoyt and the German guy ...
  44. Feb 22, 2013
    Just an other oversimplification of a console game. There was a time when Far Cry was about innovation, challenge, freedom. Innovation is still present, freedom is awesome too, but challenge ruins it all. Playing against an AI with an IQ below 50 is pretty boring even on the most difficult settings. Pirates starting to shoot at you from the middle of a field using no cover. I personallyJust an other oversimplification of a console game. There was a time when Far Cry was about innovation, challenge, freedom. Innovation is still present, freedom is awesome too, but challenge ruins it all. Playing against an AI with an IQ below 50 is pretty boring even on the most difficult settings. Pirates starting to shoot at you from the middle of a field using no cover. I personally stopped playing after I was in a fight with 10 npc's, while there was a group of pirates 20 meters away that were just chilling or I dunno what, just standing there enjoying the sun. It's pretty obvious that the game is a cheap console port. If it wasn't made for console, the game wouldn't be that limited, not talking about the bugs....
    If you are a young dumb teenager, you'll love it
  45. Dec 4, 2012
    [European]
    Far Cry 3 is an ok shooter, a bad RPG and a good Adventure game.
    The Shooter - 6/10: The shooting mechanics are good and it is a lot of fun to sneak around with a knife and when you manage to complete an entire quest using knife only you feel like a SHADOW OF DEATH. However the long animation associated with looting or doing take-down kills can leave you vulnerable for a bit
    [European]
    Far Cry 3 is an ok shooter, a bad RPG and a good Adventure game.
    The Shooter - 6/10:
    The shooting mechanics are good and it is a lot of fun to sneak around with a knife and when you manage to complete an entire quest using knife only you feel like a SHADOW OF DEATH. However the long animation associated with looting or doing take-down kills can leave you vulnerable for a bit to long.
    The AI is acceptable, sometimes it feels like it is tracking you to well and sometimes but often it it just stupid enough for you to have fun trying to trick it.
    There are a fair amount of weapon types and while most of the guns feel very similar there are still enough variation and ability to equip different sights, attachments and colors that it feels satisfying.
    However there are some strange bugs with weapons that have extended clips that they are never full up on ammo when you get them from the shop and this is where the RPG element shows it's ugly head.

The RPG - 4/10:
    You can level up, craft items and larger bags to carry stuff in, problem is that you unlock the skills by progressing the story and you earn so much xp that you will always have skill points hanging around waiting for you to do more story missions. So why they don't automatically unlock these new ability when you progress is a mystery to me. This is doubled by that the keyboard and mouse controls in the menus are really clunky.
    The crafting is also under developed you will have crafted all the pouches you can when you are a quoter way into the game and after that skinning animals is pointless and you try to avoid all animals in the world. You can still craft syringes that can help you in various ways however i played the game on hard and never used anything other than the healing syringe that you start with.
    The looting of enemies is also a bit of a downer, you only get money and on the rare occasion some ammo or grenades, but nothing that really feels worth your time and while it is fun to unlock new weapons and attachments for the weapons once you have unlocked all the mechanic falls completely flat and there aren't enough signature weapons (unique weapons you buy that have attachments combinations and colors that the normal unlocked ones don't have) to keep you going.
    The health system is a bit strange, you regenerate partially depleted health bars automatically but not empty ones and you take so much falling damage that while exploring you will lose a bar now and then, the only way to regain that health is to use a health syringe or if you are out of those you can use your healing skill, however since you don't want to waste healing syringes you will end up playing 90% of the game with 1 or 2 bars of health missing.

The Adventure game - 8/10:
    The most fun part of the game is roaming around the beautiful island, unlocking GPS towers and camps are a lot of fun and provide a nice challenge, problem is that once you have unlocked all towers and camps there are basically no enemies left in the world and everything but the story feels pointless. However it will take you some time to do this so it is a minor problem.
    The main character is annoying but the story is good and you will meet some very enjoyable characters along the way. I do however feel that they have taken a step back from FC2 in not letting you chose your character, it would have been nice if there was a choice to play as either a male or female lead and this could easily have been integrated into the story.
    Also the Checkpoint/Save system is a bit weird sometimes working well and at other times not as much, I thought FC2 did the adventure save system better with your friend showing up to save you.

Conclusion:
    It is a good game, while I do miss the red Hawaiian shirt I did still have fun with this game and I do look forward to Far Cry 4.

P.S Ubisoft FFS get rid of the !#%& Uplay, I hate this stupid thing, what was so bad about FC2 system? Install and play and if you choose to go online you needed a CD-key, that was a perfect system!
  46. Dec 4, 2012
    This game delivers a true open world experiance. Although the multiplayer isn't as good as it should be it still deserves the higher score for the single player experiance.
  47. Dec 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Whilst i found the gameplay fun, i felt the story was presented quite blandly. Jasons friends and enemies get very little screen time which i thought should've been a lot more to get a connection with them, the ending disappointed me because (spoilers) if you choose to leave the island all you get for it is Jason giving a monologue as their boat speeds off into the sunset, i would've liked to see something where we get to see the relationship between him and his girlfriend Liza but it never happens. Gameplay wise I felt that the lack of HUD customization was a bit of a bummer as i went straight for the hard mode because i really like immersion, but the fact that you cant even turn the tutorials off is really disappointing i hope they release an update that lets you hide them. Expand
  48. Feb 1, 2013
    When joking about about Far Cry 3 with my friends, I like to call it Call of Cabala: Modern Hunter. The name fits it perfectly. Plenty of Call of Duty style shootouts with the occasional hunt, be it man or beast. If only the story had the depth of either of those series, I might have enjoyed it a little bit more. I can overlook poor AI (it's pretty bad), can care less about graphics (whichWhen joking about about Far Cry 3 with my friends, I like to call it Call of Cabala: Modern Hunter. The name fits it perfectly. Plenty of Call of Duty style shootouts with the occasional hunt, be it man or beast. If only the story had the depth of either of those series, I might have enjoyed it a little bit more. I can overlook poor AI (it's pretty bad), can care less about graphics (which were beautiful), and grind through chores to get practically necessary unlocks (there are plenty of those), but a poor story kills a game for me. Let's start with what I found positive: most of the games mechanics worked, the open world was somewhat interesting to explore, and the graphics were very nice.
    But I found much more to be negative. The stealth mechanics were awful. I would often hide in a bush with a silenced weapon and pick off targets from a distance. But if anyone saw the death or found a body, they ran straight towards the bush I was hiding in, often discovering me. And you'd think men with guns would be the most dangerous enemy, but in reality it's the unnaturally tough animals. I've shot tigers in the head and they seemed unfazed. I think Komodo dragons spawning behind me was my number 1 cause of death. Number 2 being the poor attempt at creating platforming. You'll fall off an edge few times thinking you haven't quite reached it yet, only to die. And the story didn't draw me in at all. It was shoddy and, up until the very end, predictable. Moments that were supposed to make you feel sad or uncomfortable just made me laugh. Overall, if you prefer mindless firefights over storytelling, then this is the game for you. But if you're looking for the whole package, look somewhere else.
  49. May 13, 2013
    Far Cry is back! Bigger, better and more challenging than when it first surfaced in 2004. After 30-tish hours of playing now, I can only say "the best shooter ever". Period.
    If you liked the original, you will like this one too. One thing that most ppl need to be aware of, is the very sloooow learning curve cause of the RPG elements which are introduced compared to the original game (I don't want to mention Far Cry 2 cause in my eyes that was a true dissapointment of a game). My friends tried it, but then decided to erase it cause it was too complex for a shooter, which you do seem to notice, especially if you're not much into FPS games.
    But this game has it all, a huge beautiful world to explore, with all the details necessary to convince you're on a real tropic island, packed with bad guys which you get dispose off in different ways, trying different tactics every single time. A true definition of a "sandbox" game, do whatever you want, kill who ever you want and go wherever you want. It's only up to you how you spend time in the game.
    I don't care about some scripted linear levels like in Crysis series, taking from point A to point B just because some developer or game designer decided this is exaclty what you need to accomplish in order to go forward. Here, you have the main storyline which is I must say, the best acted play I have ever seen in a game, but most of the time you're off doing stuff exploring the island, driving whatever has wheels, any kind of combustion engine or flying around couple of hundred meters above the lush jungle. Just amazing.
    This game has my warmest recommendation, and believe me, you will be pulled in the atmosphere of the game but first you need to "survive" the first couple of hours until you connect all the dots on how to actually play the game. Give it a shot!
  50. Jan 20, 2013
    Wow! This is the most fun I have had with a video game this year. Perhaps I'm just easily impressed, but FC3 held my interest from start to finish. It has just the right amount of cut scenes to tell a story and the rest of the game is nonstop action. My only complaint is that I couldn't find a way around watching an entire cut scene when I first logged on. The save points weren't veryWow! This is the most fun I have had with a video game this year. Perhaps I'm just easily impressed, but FC3 held my interest from start to finish. It has just the right amount of cut scenes to tell a story and the rest of the game is nonstop action. My only complaint is that I couldn't find a way around watching an entire cut scene when I first logged on. The save points weren't very user friendly. Otherwise, this game is well worth playing and reminds me of Borderlands 2 with a touch of realism. Expand
  51. Dec 9, 2012
    Gra warta wydania 130zł Bardzo dobrze rozwinieta i fajna fabuła.Optymalizacja tej gry troche kuleję ale jak na taki wielki obszar jest dobrze. Za mało jest broni.
  52. Dec 8, 2012
    What a game really, The graph in this game is very impressive, ppl sayin otherwise are ppl whom do not understand what graph means! The Gameplay lets you reach the goal YOUR way!! yes its a very straight forward game, there is a thick red line guiding you. but the means in how you reach the ending, is totally up to you, wanna stealth? okay, wanna blow it all up? ok aswell! and theWhat a game really, The graph in this game is very impressive, ppl sayin otherwise are ppl whom do not understand what graph means! The Gameplay lets you reach the goal YOUR way!! yes its a very straight forward game, there is a thick red line guiding you. but the means in how you reach the ending, is totally up to you, wanna stealth? okay, wanna blow it all up? ok aswell! and the Scripting in the films/sequences are AMAZING!! wow, the sound, the acting, everything you makes perfect sence when you play it. and the Chararacters in the game are fantastisc, Vass, imean, have you ever met a more nasty villain ever?! THIS is surely a Game Of The Year contender, a fantastisc game no less! all the trollers givin it 0 and 2.. go play pixie games cus thats your level of intelect acording to games! Expand
  53. Apr 26, 2013
    (Single Player Review) As a big Far Cry 2 fan, I was happy with this game. The story and characters are an improvement over FC2, as well as the stealth mechanics. The wild animals are a great addition, the game formula is basically a three-way war between Pirates, Natives (your side), and Predators. The amount of random crazy sh*t that can happen keeps the game from getting boring. The(Single Player Review) As a big Far Cry 2 fan, I was happy with this game. The story and characters are an improvement over FC2, as well as the stealth mechanics. The wild animals are a great addition, the game formula is basically a three-way war between Pirates, Natives (your side), and Predators. The amount of random crazy sh*t that can happen keeps the game from getting boring. The biggest downside is that the game is too easy, especially if your the stealthy, careful type. Fortunately there are mods, the most well-known of which is Ziggys mod, which make the mechanics, especially the HUD, more challenging, and I highly recommend it for a second playthrough. If you liked Far Cry 2, you will probably like this game. Expand
  54. Dec 9, 2012
    With an array of games, this year, that where nothing but bug riddled disappointments, Far Cry 3 stands out. I've made it through most all of the story and played hours of co-op and multiplayer and I can safely say, this game is the best game to come out this year. I wasn't expecting much after Far Cry 2 but, holy crap! These guys hit gold with this one.
  55. Dec 6, 2012
    This is one of the best first person free roam game I've ever played. The graphics are beautiful and intricate as well as the game play. Having played Far Cry 2, I really enjoyed the changes Ubisoft made in Far Cry 3. One of my favorite parts of this game is the fact that crafting actually helps you get further in the game. Unlike other games where crafting thing would get you side thingsThis is one of the best first person free roam game I've ever played. The graphics are beautiful and intricate as well as the game play. Having played Far Cry 2, I really enjoyed the changes Ubisoft made in Far Cry 3. One of my favorite parts of this game is the fact that crafting actually helps you get further in the game. Unlike other games where crafting thing would get you side things in the game that didnt help you a whole lot, in Far Cry 3, crafting is almost a necessity. To get a better weapon holster you need to go hunt different animals to get their hides to then be able to hold more weapons. You dont need to wait and complete a certain amount of the story line to unlock more weapon slots like other games. It make hunting fun and gives it a purpose other then just selling the hide. Whether your tripping major balls in the mushroom caves or your invading camps there is always something fun to do. Expand
  56. Dec 8, 2012
    Es Buen juego si tienes un ordenador Bueno es recomendable en PC esa es mi opinión. Mucha calidad, mapas grandes, varias clases de armas, accesorios, arcos puedes agrandar tu mochila para llevar mas cosas con las pieles de los animales igual mas munición etc....

Te llevaras muchas horas con el. A que esperas para jugar.....
  57. Dec 9, 2012
    In short, this is the best game of 2012 so far. It is good deal better than the overrated Dishonored. The characters are quite expressive, Vaas is impressive. The gameplay mixture of shooter and stealth is quite satisfactory. The history is immersive. The graphics are very good, water and landscape are beautiful. The difficulty is quite tuned. The take downs are nice. There is a variety ofIn short, this is the best game of 2012 so far. It is good deal better than the overrated Dishonored. The characters are quite expressive, Vaas is impressive. The gameplay mixture of shooter and stealth is quite satisfactory. The history is immersive. The graphics are very good, water and landscape are beautiful. The difficulty is quite tuned. The take downs are nice. There is a variety of guns. Did I ever tell you the definition of "insanity"?... Expand
  58. Apr 20, 2013
    The drm is annoying. IF i had bought this game in a store instead of steam, i would have returned it by now just because of the drm. The crafting element is too broken, if you have played any crafting game before, then you know how to get infinite health. The ai and stealth is broken. I was able to sneak up on someone for a knife take down in broad daylight with two other guys threeThe drm is annoying. IF i had bought this game in a store instead of steam, i would have returned it by now just because of the drm. The crafting element is too broken, if you have played any crafting game before, then you know how to get infinite health. The ai and stealth is broken. I was able to sneak up on someone for a knife take down in broad daylight with two other guys three meters from me.

Everything else is great. But the drm kills it for me. It eats bandwith, and if you have a java update, or itunes update pop up in the background, the game may crash. Not sure if its the game or the drm causing it.
  59. Dec 9, 2012
    As much I've looked forward to this game and tried to give it a chance, I am not enjoying Far Cry 3. Starting with the positive: the game looks good, the day light looks great and the environment is vast and rather varied. There seems to be a lot of missions and some of the action scenes are quite good fun.

However, this game is nowhere near the quality of other recent games such as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (heavily quoted by the makers of Far Cry 3 as an influence on the game) or, say, Batman: Arkham City for the state-of-the-art action gameplay. Instead, Far Cry 3 delivers a 'deja-vu' experience, peppered with some novelties (wild animals interactions, distractions, etc.). The AI isn't bad but attacking a guard post is an extremely similar experience to Far Cry 2. There are some graphical glitches which also tend to break the immersion at regular intervals.

But above all, it's the evident lack of taste in Far Cry 3 that's the most disappointing. You would think the developpers would have tried and topped Far Cry 2's overly simplistic, borderline racist plot line. Well, no they haven't. The story in Far Cry 3 is laughable, I cannot believe a single second of it. Dialogues are poorly written and acted out, nothing makes sense, the characters aren't at all three-dimensional. Everything goes too fast, it's shortcut after shortcut. People just send you on random erranands as if no-one else in the world was capable of blowing that ammunition depot. The vilain is a vilain because he is bad and that's what he does (being bad). You play the young white American who's turning into this unexpected master of violence to save your friends who are being held captive for some obscure reason. If you've enjoyed the intricate plot lines of the likes of LA Noire, Dishonnered or Skyrim, then you'll laugh your head off at Far Cry 3's lame attempt at a story.

Many elements of gameplay also break the illusion and ruin a good part of the fun: Jason walks super-fast. Running or swimming will remind you of the speed mode of Crysis 1's Nanosuit. Also, looting is badly designed: you can't choose what you loot from bodies, and therefore end up carrying all sorts of crap which you don't need or want. Emptying your inventory of this crap is the most tedious task - you'll haveto point-and-click 4 times per item you wish to remove. And that's something you have to do all the time. Also if you're hoping to enjoy visiting the island like you did in Crysis 1 or like you would explore your surroundings in GTA, think again. You can't lower your weapon, which means that when you're just looking at the landscape or plucking medicinal plants, you'll have to do that which a machine gun in front of your face. You can't walk slowly either, which is particularly ridiculous when people go 'follow me' and you have to try and stay behind them although they can walk but you can only run.

In short, Far Cry 3 is yet another shooter with a dreadful story (other reviewers have called 'offensive' and I can really see why). It will please immature players who just want to look at candy and run over tigers in a jeep, but if you're looking for a rich and intelligent gaming experience, save your money.
  60. Dec 25, 2012
    Another overpriced dumbed-down console shooter. About 75% of the spoken dialogue happens to be the word **** I can't imagine how I could be so dumb to pay 60$ for this idiotic piece of society-stultification. As the game market left the PC behind, it also left class and intelligence behind.
  61. Dec 10, 2012
    I can not express how utterly disappointed I am with this game. It is a complete waste of time. First of all, it's far too easy to die and there's really no reward for staying alive except to circumvent respawning in some random location with an indeterminate amount of progress lost. It is literally impossible to figure out how much progress you've lost short of referencing how much ammoI can not express how utterly disappointed I am with this game. It is a complete waste of time. First of all, it's far too easy to die and there's really no reward for staying alive except to circumvent respawning in some random location with an indeterminate amount of progress lost. It is literally impossible to figure out how much progress you've lost short of referencing how much ammo you have when your last save loads compared to how much you had before you died. Second, the enemy AI is horrible. You can shoot them with a silenced rifle from 1000 yards and they will, in most cases, establish your exact position immediately. Third, after you upgrade all your bags from animal hides, animals cease to have a purpose other than ambushing you while you're trying to sneak up on the enemy. Fourth, I've actually lost missions and had to load a previous save because my AI controlled "allies" randomly showed up and killed the person I was supposed to assassinate. Fifth, there is only one active quest at a time. You are never allowed to pursue more than one goal at any given time and despite supposed "updates" the game will remind you of your current mission objective with a huge pop-up every two minutes. The list goes on and on. But these aren't minor things. These are game-breaking flaws that completely ruin the experience. It's like this game was play-tested, but never fun-tested. Expand
  62. Dec 4, 2012
    I really enjoyed Far Cry, but felt a little bit let down by Far Cry 2, so I was a bit apprehensive about Far Cry 3, but it really brought back the Far Cry experience for me. Ultimately I have a goal I need to achieve, as part of the main story, but my methods, how prepared I am and how accomplished I am are entirely down to me.

The action is intense, explosive and satisfying, the

The action is intense, explosive and satisfying, the weapons have a great feel to them (especially the bow, oh wow I love the bow!)

It's very open world, graphically very well polished but also very well optimised, you don't necessarily need the best PC in the world to run this game and it still look good, which is a great difference to a few titles released recently that rely on the consumer to have ridiculously powerful systems!

Just like to add that my opinion of the game reflects purely the single player.
  63. Dec 4, 2012
    The Single Best FPS Games I have ever played. Engaging, Wild Storyline, Massive beautiful imersive open world, Customizable Guns, CO-OP, Multiplayer, Side quests, Achievements and much improved movement and travel systems, and Challenging.
    (FarCry2 = Long Haul Driving) (FarCry 3 = Walk Drive Fly Glide Fall, Swim, Boat, Jet ski Parachute, or Instant Travel everywhere!!!) , and a smooth Game launch I give this game a Perfect 100/100 in what it offers. the only way I think it could get better is with a multi-choice multi outcome based single player with game & character changing consequences. Worth the $$$. (PS: Game can be difficult if set beyond easy (the way it should be) don't bash it because you suck)...
  64. Dec 6, 2012
    Game play is generic and not that different than competitors IE Deus Ex. The ending of the story (both) is (are) abominable. Race and societal issues are dealt with carelessly and it shows. Quests are extremely repetitive, very little world change other than instant-bad-guy-vanishing once capturing an outpost. Player has no choice in the story and when they do, they are forced into a falseGame play is generic and not that different than competitors IE Deus Ex. The ending of the story (both) is (are) abominable. Race and societal issues are dealt with carelessly and it shows. Quests are extremely repetitive, very little world change other than instant-bad-guy-vanishing once capturing an outpost. Player has no choice in the story and when they do, they are forced into a false dichotomy and deux-ex-machina twists that are just pointless. Because they have nothing better to say they just do knee-jerk twists that end up with a knife in somebody's throat, this happened like 4 times. It often quotes Alice in Wonderland but it fails to capture the actual message of Alice in Wonderland by falsely creating two archetypes for a character, that is, mad jungle-man and respectable civilized man that the character is pushed into without their consent. Mediocre at best, terrible at worst. Expand
  65. Dec 5, 2012
    Honestly this game is a 4 at best, it is NOT skyrim with guns (whatever dimwit came up with that needs to be ended), or the best fps ever, or even very much fun. The user score on here disgusts me. So this is basically 3 games using 1 engine.. the story, the co-op, and the multi-player. The multiplayer is straight up garbage, theres alot of multiplayer FPS games that do it so much betterHonestly this game is a 4 at best, it is NOT skyrim with guns (whatever dimwit came up with that needs to be ended), or the best fps ever, or even very much fun. The user score on here disgusts me. So this is basically 3 games using 1 engine.. the story, the co-op, and the multi-player. The multiplayer is straight up garbage, theres alot of multiplayer FPS games that do it so much better than FC3 that it was kind of stupid to even waste $ developing it when they could have made the story or the co-op better (so that alone=NOT A 10!). The co-op is i guess ok IF you have 3 others to play with, but the structure is stupid and with less than 3 you are totally fighting an uphill battle (not FUN). It gets repetitive REAL fast and you find yourself asking "why not just play borderlands 2?" or any of the other games that AGAIN do it so much better. Again this was a waste of development $'s though if they had gone for a completely different feel (like dead island or borderlands) it could probably have been quite alot of fun. So right there thats 2/3 game modes that are garbage (and that means it cant even be a 7/10).

The story mode.. IS "ok". it looks nice (though i feel like it would bend over for rico to be as awesome as just cause 2) and the gameplay concept is good, it really is a handsome game. The mechanics are FILTH though! The crafting is just a system to make bigger storage containers for various munitions and some other things (arrows, heal potions, various combat buffs), its NOT like you can craft more than 1 bag or sell anything you have crafted though. The whole process of killing things and then looting their skins (or anything else really) is completely destroyed by the idiotic hit boxes that the carcasses have which means looting is NEVER fun! You mostly spend your time trying NOT to swap weapons that are laying on the ground NEXT to the body you are trying to loot, or trying to target the BEAR (yea.. a fkn bear carcass should ALWAYS be really hard to target..laying on the ground ...dead) to get his skin. You can sell the skins and plants you pick (hard core survivalists always run around picking flowers..) but there isnt really too much $ in it and until you craft a bigger bag its a real pain in the ass to carry such things around. The A.I. is probably about that of a deaf retard, I throw a rock 3 feet away it ignores it, i stare at them from in a bush they cant see me (even when i reload 2 feet away from them...) i have literally taken out entire outposts hiding in the same bush. If you dont like how your plan is going you can always run away (from outposts anyways, some of the instances obviously you cant) and come back later (after buying more ammo for your sniper rifle) and pick off the stragglers (provided you make it a point to shoot all the alarms. i think i was more afraid of the animals because of their unpredictability than i was the actual enemy soldiers.

The whole thing with shutting down towers to get guns was also a real dumb idea, step 1: deactivate every tower on the first island and then go claim all your free guns and upgrade them, step 2: repeat on second island. I can ALMOST buy it letting you have NEW guns, but why would they be free? and beyond that THE SIGNATURE GUNS MAKE ALL OTHERS GARBAGE ANYWAYS!

Positives, not gonna lie there are some. The characters are very interesting and have magnetic personalities... well the main ones, not all the red-shirts you mow down. There are alot of minigame type things to do (though most are pointless since you dont really need money for much aside from ammo) for...those people (the sad examples of "gamers" the game was obviously intended for). There is also something to be said in that i never got the "kill all the black people" feeling i got playing far cry 2. It runs fluidly on my system (which kind of tells you anyone who it DOESNT run smoothly for either doesnt have the hardware to be playing it to begin with or needs to get their drivers/redistributables in order) and looks nice, 3d support isnt great though.

Overall, again its a 5/10. 2 modes are crap and the remaining one should have a "games for retards" sticker on it (though it will no doubt appeal to the skyrim crowd.. skill-less, tasteless, wankers that they are). The only redeeming features are eye candy and a good cast of characters who are superbly voice acted (which is THE LAST THING I CARE ABOUT WHEN I BUY A FPS). Im glad i only paid 35$ for it, because anything more would be a ripoff.
  66. Dec 7, 2012
    Too boring. Too long for line shooter, too same for open world. RPG elements looks like dogs fifth leg. Storyline - nothing to talk about. And very bad perfomance - so again waiting for patches.
  67. Dec 23, 2012
    Another prime example of mass produced casual garbage. That's what happens when you start producing games assembly line style. Games aren't shoes or tv's, a good game requires more than just putting pieces together in the same way that good music is made up of more than just sounds. Yes, technically music is just sounds, yet without vision and creativity that's also all it will ever be.Another prime example of mass produced casual garbage. That's what happens when you start producing games assembly line style. Games aren't shoes or tv's, a good game requires more than just putting pieces together in the same way that good music is made up of more than just sounds. Yes, technically music is just sounds, yet without vision and creativity that's also all it will ever be. Far Cry 3 is just a compilation of things and ideas that were copied and stolen from elsewhere thrown together, it lack's both creativity and vision and it shows at every corner. Far Cry 3 isn't an immersive masterpiece full of wonder, it's a compilation of mini games placed on the least immersive island ever conceived in video game history. It offers not even the slightest illusion of being a real place with real people. Everywhere is blinking crap and money lying around. Each 20 people village got a weapon dealer, and cars are waiting at every corner for a new owner. And the least immersive thing of them all, the blinking weapons and ammunition vendor machine! Yes, you heard me right, a weapons and ammunition vendor machine that even blinks! Holy crap! That thing beats it all, I don't believe I ever saw something more immersion breaking in a video game than this blinking vendor machine! So there we are, the least immsive island in video history and a complete lack of creativity and vision. And it gets even worse. Yes, surprisingly, it's still possible to get worse! I'm talking about Ubi and their desire to make games more accessible. For those who don't know already, accessible when it comes to game design usually means that anyone without any skill or even a working brain should be able to play it without difficulty. And that at least they managed, it's so easy and simplified that anyone not fully brain dead yet should take care not to play for prolonged periods of time or their brains might really die out of boredom. All in all, it's a prime example of mass produced casual garbage. Just what I expected from Ubi. Expand
  68. Dec 4, 2012
    The only reason this is an 8 is due to the lack of splitscreen as was said, to be partof the pc version
    Otherwise i would have given it a 9, the graphics are very good, the gunplay feels nice, the sound is good, the story despite its small flaws is interesting enough to pull you in,, have not dived into multiplayer yet, but i am more of a singleplayer/coop gamer as is
  69. Dec 8, 2012
    This is the most irritating game I've ever played. I really like the sandbox "part", but the scripted missions are simply awful. Especially the "press [some key] now" scenes. They just ruin everything you like in sandboxes.

The people's AI is, for me, completely unpredictable. Sometimes, you can sit near the enemy and he won't see a thing. On the other hand, it's hard to avoid detection sometimes (I don't mind snipers, because they behave correctly). It's just not balanced at all. Special killing skills are sometimes annoying. You stand next to the attacker, who doesn't see you, and you want to eliminate him and his buddy quickly and quietly. But 4 pixels of his arm are still behind a tree or wall, so you can't do that! Instead, you use your knife in the standard way making too much noise. You mess up the whole mission because of those 4 pixels. Extremely annoying!

Why are those little pirate dogs so hard to kill? I have to hit them about 3 or 4 times with my knife to take them down. Our character is so skilled in killing people quickly, why are little dogs such a challenge for him? One hit should be enough. Moreover, the pirates often spot me easily if I kill one with gun from a long distance. Even if the gun is silenced. What the hell is that?

The gameplay design is sometimes just stupid. For example, when I swim, I can't get out of the water if the slope is too steep, even if the floor is just a little above the water level. So I'm a strong warrior and killer, but still unable to go out from a swimming pool without using any ladder. That's completely illogical.

Anyway, I actually like the repetitiveness of the gameplay, but I agree it could be more varied. Far Cry 3 would be better for me without its storyline and lame cinematic "press-one-button" missions. Just plain sandbox with one main goal - defeat pirates and explore as much as you can. Weapons are generally well developed, but I especially like the bow. It's silent and effective. Moreover, its ammo is reusable. Using the bow is like being a native hunter. Especially if you can craft things using animal skins and develop your special skills. I like that part.

Graphics are good enough, but Crysis from 2007 easily outperforms Far Cry 3. The main difference is water. In Far Cry 3 it looks just fake. In Crysis, the water is still almost photo-realistic. Far Cry 3 has some beautiful scenes and decent post-processing effects, but that's not enough. Caves look plastic. Too much of the "glossy effect" on rocks. There's also a bloom effect, which is just overused.

The physics in Far Cry 3 is also worse than in Crysis. In Crysis you can easily cut the trees and chop their wood. Imagine crafting possibilities with that feature. There's no excuse like "limited memory" or "limited processing" (at least on PC), because the game can randomly delete or spawn the destructible trees when needed (like everything else: animals, pirates etc.).

It would be a really good game, but it's too damn irritating to the extent I don't want to play it again. It's just overrated and overpriced. I really wanted to like it, but I can't stand it anymore thanks to some stupid game-design decisions.
  70. Feb 20, 2013
    A real step DOWN from Far Cry 2. The great thing about Far Cry 2 was you could decide which path to follow. In Far Cry 3 it's a mission-based linear stealth game. It pretends to be non-linear and open, but missions are forced on you, with no way of avoiding them, and you are forced to repeat them over and over till you GET IT RIGHT!!! Not only do you have to get the objective, youA real step DOWN from Far Cry 2. The great thing about Far Cry 2 was you could decide which path to follow. In Far Cry 3 it's a mission-based linear stealth game. It pretends to be non-linear and open, but missions are forced on you, with no way of avoiding them, and you are forced to repeat them over and over till you GET IT RIGHT!!! Not only do you have to get the objective, you have to get there in the manner determined by the designers, not your own style. Try departing from the script and ten thousand baddies will descend on you and blast you to pieces. In the end you find you're in a linear stealth adventure. Oh, and the AI is terrible.

Graphically it is no better than Far Cry 2.
  71. Feb 9, 2013
    Amazing game. A incredibly beautiful open-world where just looking around is satisfying, not to mention all the activities you can do. The gameplay is varied, hunting, taking bases, side-missions, crafting, discovering, and games like poker/aim challenge/races etc.
    The storyline is also pretty solid with a nice plot and greatly designed characters(especially the bad ones). The voice acting is top notch too.

Only good things to say about this game in my opinion. I think it's a must-play for all the shooter fans.
  72. Jan 2, 2013
    Far Cry 2 was far from a perfect game, but I
  73. Oct 17, 2013
    This game reminds me of Skyrim in many respects. You given a set of tools, and largely left to your own devices as to how to complete the assorted tasks available. Conquering bases and towers across the map is never boring. Hunting is a slow, but enjoyable task it also allows for a lot of emergent gameplay experiences when other predators turn up and interrupt your hunt.

The story is

The story is pretty good too, at least for the first half of the game.
  74. Mar 7, 2013
    This is exactly what Far Cry 2 should have been. (Except for the crappy MAP UI and the lack of the sleeping feature)
    Beautiful graphics, amazing sounds and gun sounds, bad NPC voice acting and a gorgeous island to explore, hunt or just to enjoy the scenery.
    The storyline is quite MEH, but i'll take it anyway it since FC never really had a good story to be honest. The MP and the CO-OP is
    The MP and the CO-OP is quite good, a bit glitchy though.

The map editor guarantee hours of fun. :D
  75. Dec 19, 2012
    Almost a perfect score, denied for a few issues that may or may not get fixed in time. Basically the game is a great all rounder... solo is fantastic, co-op is fun, and the multi is good fun too.... the problems are basically that it uses p2p game matching rather than dedicated hosting... so the main multiplayer mode is pretty much dire state due to people hosting with crap pings and lowAlmost a perfect score, denied for a few issues that may or may not get fixed in time. Basically the game is a great all rounder... solo is fantastic, co-op is fun, and the multi is good fun too.... the problems are basically that it uses p2p game matching rather than dedicated hosting... so the main multiplayer mode is pretty much dire state due to people hosting with crap pings and low bandwidth etc. The second annoyance is custom maps made with the editor cant use ai npcs and animals or even vehicles for anything else but solo challenges, need to have them unlocked for all modes ASAP. While these are big problems it's not enough to call this a bad game, it's great. Expand
  76. Feb 5, 2013
    Insanely good game, 2012 GOTY for sure and best single-player game I've played in years. Awesome sandbox with a STRONG narrative when you choose to pursue it great characters, some nice twists and violent on some deep, disturbing levels.
  77. Sep 12, 2013
    I can't really judge the content, i couldn't go far enough. The game is so bugged i raged quit. My PC is well above recommend hardware but i still experienced constant stuttering even on low settings. The stuttering is not the only anoyance you get stuck in stairs and doors; you have to jump through some of them
  78. Jan 1, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game. The graphics are incredible, and if you're capable of running this maxed you're in for a treat. I found my finger hovering over the screenshot button most of the game. The storyline is very, very dark, and, minus the mystical tattoo silliness, will remind anyone who's read it of Heart of Darkness. Vaas is incredibly compelling, and steals every scene he's in.Far Cry 3 is an amazing game. The graphics are incredible, and if you're capable of running this maxed you're in for a treat. I found my finger hovering over the screenshot button most of the game. The storyline is very, very dark, and, minus the mystical tattoo silliness, will remind anyone who's read it of Heart of Darkness. Vaas is incredibly compelling, and steals every scene he's in. Gameplay is likewise excellent, and how you approach things is largely up to you. Sneak around, be stealthy, set up traps, or go in guns blazing and burn everything down. I do have a few minor issues, and one major one which prevent me from giving it a 10 though. Hunting is fun for a while, but once you've crafted everything (which is pretty much a necessity, you will want to do it ASAP) there's no reason to continue, and loot interaction, especially looting bodies, is awkward. The major issue I have, however, is with the quick buttons. There are only 4, and 2 should be used for your camera and rock throwing, meaning that out of the dozen or so crafted items you can make only 2 are easily available at a time. It's a PC game, there's NO reason for the limited console control scheme. Despite the questionable controls, I still found Far Cry 3 to be one of the best games I've played this year. Expand
  79. Dec 14, 2012
    From Far Cry 3 i was expecting more. I knew this would be just console port, but it's good port. But it's port, and this mean that we need powerfull hardware for high resolution and details. More powerfull even not so good graphics. Pop up is appearing, stretch the edges of the screen and FPS dropping on my Phenom 955 and Radeon 7950... this is too much. But the game offers a lot ofFrom Far Cry 3 i was expecting more. I knew this would be just console port, but it's good port. But it's port, and this mean that we need powerfull hardware for high resolution and details. More powerfull even not so good graphics. Pop up is appearing, stretch the edges of the screen and FPS dropping on my Phenom 955 and Radeon 7950... this is too much. But the game offers a lot of freedom. There are two island, and a lot of enemy outposts, and you chose way to capture it. There is a lot of side missions, some of it is very useable but some of it bring just money. However, gameplay is much improved over it's predecessor, eliminating most frequent enemis respawning in the recently captured enemy bases, Storyline is sometimes good, and sometimes is inspired by the Spanish serial movies. Despite all this, far cry 3 offers a lot of freedom in determining the missions to play and how to play them, a rich and varied gameplay, and decent graphics, and occasionally a good story. With all this game will provide plenty of fun for everyone. Expand
  80. Jan 5, 2013
    Good graphics, sounds and excellent visuals. The story and the settings is innovative, even though the storyline itself is quite weak. To make a long story short: This is a GREAT improvement since FC2. However the game is slighly poorly optimized and there is lack of graphic settings for the PC version to make it even higher. Unfortunately, the game suffers when Singleplayer is done. TheGood graphics, sounds and excellent visuals. The story and the settings is innovative, even though the storyline itself is quite weak. To make a long story short: This is a GREAT improvement since FC2. However the game is slighly poorly optimized and there is lack of graphic settings for the PC version to make it even higher. Unfortunately, the game suffers when Singleplayer is done. The MP menu's is a mess and seems to be directly ported from the console version. There is no dedicated servers so you'll have to waitin a lobby and experience more unstable gameplay. Multiplayer is also far to dumbed down with features such as enemies on the minimap, killcam, and xray-vision - even though you CAN deactivate all this to your own preference, doing so will ironically, make you end up playing -UNRANKED-, which mean that you cannot gain any XP - at all. All in all, FC3 is by far the best game in the series, but unfortunately its shortcoming makes the experience drop for me and it does not feel like it gives the PC a fair piece of the cake. Expand
  81. Jan 11, 2013
    Remember when Half Life came out and blew everything away.... well that's Far Cry 3 but it's the year 2012. If you ever played Far Cry 1 or 2 then you will quickly realize that the developers took all the best parts and put it into Far Cry 3 plus more. 10 stars. Game of the year.
  82. Dec 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Almost perfect. I had a good time playing this game and I must say I still think about some things that happened, which is amazing. Story is interesting, unbelievable parts here or there but overall good. Characters really interesting. I just wish we got more info on some of them. Sound and visuals are good, not as good as in some of the games but they still do the job. When it comes to game play I have few things i didn't like. First gun recoil is almost to none. Guns are fun to shoot but it is too easy to unload a full clip in a same spot. If this is the first time Jason is shooting you would think he would have to battle that gun. Crafting is weird, it is gamey, but thing that i didn't like is that you make all there is in the first half of the game if you finish all the side quests. And the thing that I see as the biggest disappointment is the camera thing. Tagging is fine, but if you have the camera with you why cant you take any photographs that you can later view? Or if you can i didn't find how. Viewing those later would be awesome I think. And yes, Jason can't focus further than 50 meters, I understand that this might be limited by game engine or something. It just annoyed me a bit. Expand
  83. Dec 11, 2012
    Actually,this is an really AWESOME sandbox shooting game for those players who is new to the Far Cry series...but for the FANS...there is some TINY---VERY TINY disappointment in this game...especially...those total Far Cry 2 fans..... First of all, there's NO GUN JAMMING in this game...many people may ask "Isn't that nice ?"...Well, for those FPS player who wants to have a smoothlyActually,this is an really AWESOME sandbox shooting game for those players who is new to the Far Cry series...but for the FANS...there is some TINY---VERY TINY disappointment in this game...especially...those total Far Cry 2 fans..... First of all, there's NO GUN JAMMING in this game...many people may ask "Isn't that nice ?"...Well, for those FPS player who wants to have a smoothly gunfight like the COD..."YES.".....but for those FC2 fans...that was really unacceptable...cuz it's fun and it's realistic for those hardcore FPS players....i know that sometime the mechanism is quite frustrating,but it is its feature---FUN and DANGEROUS, isn't it ? Second,the MONEY....yeh...i know that earning money fast isn't bad...but in Far Cry 3 ....it's just too damn fast !!! It just makes all this survival feeling game become tooo EASY for those hardcore FPS player or those who struggle finding diamonds in FC 2....(and yes, prefer the diamonds in FC 2) Third,there is no SLEEPING SYSTEM in these game..so..if you want to have a night walk of stealthy killing...you have to wait----till the sun set......and that's really damn long... And last, the HEALING SYSTEM is really really worse than FC2...it's just too "easy" for me---a FC2 player. So,if you are new to these kind of game....i highly recommend it ........it's a must buy for sure..........but for those FC2 fans...i think they should think twice whether you are ready to let go those fun experience and accept those new things... Still, i'll give this game a 8.3/10 for bringing soo much fun to me. Expand
  84. Dec 14, 2012
    The game is so fun, it could be the game of the year for me. But it isn't, for a one clearly understandable mistake. Matchmaking. The matchmaking is so fudged up, you barely can join a game and have fun, and if you manage to join, there's a 30% chance of getting the message "Migration of Host in progress" and then you mostly lose connection to host. But let's go back to singleplayer. YouThe game is so fun, it could be the game of the year for me. But it isn't, for a one clearly understandable mistake. Matchmaking. The matchmaking is so fudged up, you barely can join a game and have fun, and if you manage to join, there's a 30% chance of getting the message "Migration of Host in progress" and then you mostly lose connection to host. But let's go back to singleplayer. You start off as a teenager when you get captured and you need to save your friends. The story isn't the greatest, but the gameplay covers any possible aspect of the game and you feel like you just have to play on and on and on. I recommend this to anyone who likes sandbox games, first-person shooters or even adventure games. Not complaining about the graphics, which are nice, but it looks a bit cartoonish in it's own way. Expand
  85. Dec 23, 2012

86. Jan 6, 2013
    Very solid 8 pushing into a 9. The world is amazing... nay, incredible... no scratch that, phenomenal! Such a beautifully polished looking game will drop your jaw the moment you step foot on the island. The story is engaging, and interesting, which is rare for an RPG nontheless a shooter! You immediately feel in danger when you explore the wilderness, as death is always close. TheVery solid 8 pushing into a 9. The world is amazing... nay, incredible... no scratch that, phenomenal! Such a beautifully polished looking game will drop your jaw the moment you step foot on the island. The story is engaging, and interesting, which is rare for an RPG nontheless a shooter! You immediately feel in danger when you explore the wilderness, as death is always close. The emotions the game evokes goes a long way to create a lasting experience.

From a shooter perspective, the gun play has its strengths and weaknesses. The weapons look beautiful, and sound equally so, but to those accustomed to more realistic games, be prepared to take an arcade style back seat. There is an added element of stealth, surprise, and AI hunting dynamic that make gunfights fresh and infinitely creative.

From an RPG perspective, the leveling system does afford some very useful extra skills that give very distinct advantages on the battlefield. The crafting system is really only a matter of collecting items and clicking a button, so don't expect much there.

Far Cry 3 set their bar incredibly high, and it feels as if they hit almost all the marks. What you will quickly find after a few hours of game play is that once the surface polish wears off, you see a fairly repetitive game play. It is a large open world, and might give the impression that it wants you to treat it as a sandbox exploring as you see fit, but this is where it falls a little short. Progression in the game is much of the same old, same old, with a couple twists and turns: go to pirate area, clear radio tower, clear the related outpost, do a bounty or hunter quest, collect items, and rinse and repeat just a little more east of here.

The first 10 hours of gameplay lends a truly eye-opening, grand experience. And when the grind sets in shortly after, you can break the monotony by choosing different weapon load outs of variety and challenge. The beauty of this game alone would be enough to get me back to play it every once in awhile, a great buy.
  87. Feb 11, 2013
    The game is really terrific. After the Fary Cry 2, my expectative is not to much, but with the trailers and the gameplay, I bought the Pre-order. When I played the game, I was impressed. A lot of animals, a lot of villagers and a fight with the pirates and the natives. The game gives a sense of the living environment. And the gameplay is the better. Like a shoter, but with other thingsThe game is really terrific. After the Fary Cry 2, my expectative is not to much, but with the trailers and the gameplay, I bought the Pre-order. When I played the game, I was impressed. A lot of animals, a lot of villagers and a fight with the pirates and the natives. The game gives a sense of the living environment. And the gameplay is the better. Like a shoter, but with other things like a Uncharted or Tomb Raider. Expand
  88. May 6, 2013
    Loved the game shame about people who score it 0 and score bad games 10
    I've voted 10/10 just to help recover the scoring and help generate normality here.
  89. Apr 29, 2013
    You raise your glass in toast to your friend, it’s the beginning of a party! First you’re jet skiing on crystal blue waters, swimming next to beautiful turtles, having a jaunt around the island with your mates, taking a death defying leap off a waterfall, hand gliding overseas and diving in to swim with sharks and, to top it off, sky diving. Pretty awesome huh? Well no, not really, turnsYou raise your glass in toast to your friend, it’s the beginning of a party! First you’re jet skiing on crystal blue waters, swimming next to beautiful turtles, having a jaunt around the island with your mates, taking a death defying leap off a waterfall, hand gliding overseas and diving in to swim with sharks and, to top it off, sky diving. Pretty awesome huh? Well no, not really, turns out this is all just a re-cap of how you got to where you are now, and where are you now? Unfortunately enough you’ve managed to be captured by Pirates, but these aren’t possibly the ones you might be thinking of, with peg legs, long black bushy beards still dripping from rum and mountains of gold, no no no. These are pirates who care a lot for “little white boys” only due to the fact you’re being held at ransom providing your parents love you enough. However you are just a rich kid, partying with your mates, there is no Liam Neeson with a particular set of skills coming to save you. No, no one is coming to save you from your captor who, I nearly forgot to add, is a 100% psycho path who enjoys toying with his hostages imagine if the joker got a tan but held onto the same sense of humour, then you’re getting close to the mind set of Vaas, the Mohicaned maniac who you are now under the possession of.
    Fast forward past your daring escape (no need to spoil the opening), you wake up confused, clearly in some sort of hut with someone beside you. In the time that you’ve spent unconscious the has decided to tattoo you or rather tatau you as it is called, this my friend is your admittedly somewhat cool way to show how much you’ve levelled up in the game, each new skill you unlock in one of your 3 skill trees adds a new part of the tatau to your arm, the 3 trees are the Heron (long range attacks and mobility) the Spider (stealth and survival) and the shark (first aid and killing), for completionists and those with the want to kill in stunning and sometimes spectacular ways will be able to get a good grasp on most of these, however if you’re just going to run and gun your way through then its best if you just focus on the shark. Anyway this man is called Dennis and appears to be your guide through these new lands, he offers you a machete and essentially pushes you on your now task of finding your friends and possibly killing Vaas if fortune holds.

read the rest of my review at http://willza99.wordpress.com thanks for reading
  90. May 6, 2013
    Awesome game. I just created an Metacritic account just to leave this game a 10/10 review. Best game I've played in a long while. On par with Skyrim. Amazing story. And one of the best endings, ever.
  91. May 10, 2013
    This game, in one word; amazing. I'm a huge fan of Cry-tek and Far Cry 3 is the best Far Cry yet. Absolutely gorgeous and well worth more than one play-through. Tis an improvement from Far Cry 2 (which i must admit was disappointing) due to improved shooter mechanics, a better story, and the crafting is the icing on the cake, but 1 complaint; the online multiplayer did not live up toThis game, in one word; amazing. I'm a huge fan of Cry-tek and Far Cry 3 is the best Far Cry yet. Absolutely gorgeous and well worth more than one play-through. Tis an improvement from Far Cry 2 (which i must admit was disappointing) due to improved shooter mechanics, a better story, and the crafting is the icing on the cake, but 1 complaint; the online multiplayer did not live up to expectations. Still worth a 10 out of 10 in my book. (sry bout the bad english o.o) Expand
  92. SFJ
    May 9, 2013
    As a huge fan of FPS and RPG,'s Far Cry 3 was my personal favorite games in 2013 and is my favorite game so far! This game has everything u want in an open world game plenty of side activities, great graphics. cool awesome and epic story the list goes on! Far Cry 3 has a large stelth system. With this little meter that shows how close you are to be detected and your machete along with someAs a huge fan of FPS and RPG,'s Far Cry 3 was my personal favorite games in 2013 and is my favorite game so far! This game has everything u want in an open world game plenty of side activities, great graphics. cool awesome and epic story the list goes on! Far Cry 3 has a large stelth system. With this little meter that shows how close you are to be detected and your machete along with some cool assassination tricks u can go realy stelthy and of corse if you wanna kick ass with your rifel or your pistol you can do that too. Far Cry 3 has also a deep hunting system and with that a great crafting system. You see you can kill two bears skin them for all there skins and fur open the crafting menu and use the bear parts to make a bigger backpack so you can keep more loot or maby a bigger gun holster so u can cary more weapons (max 4 To go further, Far Cry 3 adds awesome multiplayer that you can dump a bunch of houers in if u like FPS games. With an exelent leveling system unlocks and more plus a co-op campaign that u can play with up to three friends and it is realy realy realy funny! My advice to you is to get off your computer chair and buy Far Cry 3! if ur into fps games or rpg.s you will love this game! My final verdict for Far Cry 3 is FULL!!! as high as i can give 10/10 buy this NOW! Expand
  93. May 13, 2013
    This is a awesome game, with a very long and deep history, marvelous graphics and a magnific open world. In game you have a some choices to make, but nothing that changes the final, after all, even with all the fun you got, still there's something missing, that could be more, with all the marvelous open world, perhaps even been a great game, could be greater.
  94. Dec 14, 2012
    The story line reminds me of a low-budget teen film that is not all that interesting, and makes little sense. You play Jason who seems ready to crack under pressure at the slightest hint of a stressful situation, doesn't seem to know really anything, but is somehow transformed into a bad ass, tattoo-wearing warrior that knows his way around a gun and has developed ninja-assassin skillsThe story line reminds me of a low-budget teen film that is not all that interesting, and makes little sense. You play Jason who seems ready to crack under pressure at the slightest hint of a stressful situation, doesn't seem to know really anything, but is somehow transformed into a bad ass, tattoo-wearing warrior that knows his way around a gun and has developed ninja-assassin skills almost over night. Voice acting is good though, except for Jason. They didn't need to have him yelling, "I'm coming Lisa!" while trying to sneak up on enemies. It's an open world, so go where you want (mostly). You can go off on side missions, though they are not very fun. The Trials of Rakyat are the best, which have you doing missions on a timer. All missions earn you money and XP. XP gets you skill unlocks, but don't worry about which skills to get, because eventually, if you complete a bunch of side missions, you'll get them all anyway. The three main side missions: Medical supply drops have you race against a timer. Wanted Dead force you into using stealth to kill a pirate holding out somewhere. Hunting has you tracking down animals. The main purpose of hunting is for crafting larger stuff so you can carry more weapons, ammo, grenades, and money. Most people will want to craft the upgrades right away, so get ready for a few hours of boring hunting, because it sucks running low on ammo, having no room in your sack, or only being able to carry one gun. The stuff you do pick up is pretty much pointless, and is only worth selling off so you can buy stuff for your weapons. But you don't even have to really buy weapons, because the game practically gives them to you free. All you have to do is climb some radio towers that are pretty much left unguarded by the enemy, and easy to climb (this also reveals more of the map). You can take over outposts to make regions safer for you, and less likely to run into enemies. However, this makes it boring in the long run because the enemies never try to take it back, and then the only thing you have to be wary of are the tons of animals that want to constantly eat you, and they can take a full magazine of bullets to the head before dying. Fortunately, you can choose how you want to take an outpost, and it can be a blast; use stealth, go in guns blazing, or blow the heck out of the place-- doing anything but stealth will result in an alarm going off and more enemies showing up that you can kill. It's also kind of cool that they made it so that things actually catch fire, though nothing really gets destroyed. As far as enemies go, they are kind of dumb (but not so dumb that they just run at you). The stuff they say is laughable at first, but after hearing a pirate say the same line for the 100th time about it hurting when he pees, it gets tiresome. They do at least run for cover, but often times that cover is right next to you and all you do is step around the corner and blow them away. Which is easy since you can see the enemy through walls. Yes, that right: if you spot an enemy (especially through your camera or scope) you gain x-ray vision, apparently. As far as graphics go, I think they look great on my rig, playing it in 1080p, setting the FOV higher than the default, and everything turned on high with AA on. What really brings this game down is the repetitiveness of most missions (which are generally very easy to complete), a horrible HUD that constantly pops up messages (supposedly a fix is on the way for that), how EASY it is to beat on normal, and some of the worst bugs I've ever seen in a game on release day. One of the most annoying bugs is a glitch in which a grenade, a Molotov, or other object gets stuck to your characters right arm, and it gets in the way when aiming...in my case it is a grenade. I have also had a glitch where I see the enemy vibrating oddly, or a mission marker not going away after I've completed the mission. Some friends of mine told me they can't progress because of a game-breaking bug they have ran into. Three patches have been released, the first couple attempted to fix some crashing issues, but the last one highlighted a fix for 32 core systems (who is playing this on a 32-core system!?)...so I'm not even sure the game-breaking bugs are going to be addressed. To sum things up: Far Cry 3 is a fun, but a very easy game to beat, that has some very annoying, and game-breaking bugs, and some boring elements to it. At this point, it is a gamble if you are thinking of buying it. Personally, I haven't had one crash or bug that broke my game-- mostly just annoyances. I haven't tried MP, but I bought this mainly for SP mode. I hear MP is trash anyway. I'm hoping a future patch will remove that grenade attached to my wrist, but I won't hold my breath. If I finish the game before then, it will probably sit and collect digital dust in my Steam library with some of the other subpar games I bought this year Expand
  95. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game does one thing well: illustrates the corruption in the next generation of so-called game reviewers- the ones who grew up doing this instead of being accomplished in other things who reviewed games on the side. Considering how bad farcry 2 was and how 3 simply expanded upon this 'badness,' I was amazed to read what was a lucy in the sky with diamonds series of reviews of this game.
    Plot unengaging & full of racial stereotypes (from great white hunter to evil black men thugs/pirates, but amusingly all the mercenaries are whitish) where the open world rules only apply to running around skinning animals and finding trinkets. Each actual mission to progress the story line, if you look at level design forces you to play it linearly. I guess someone had read King Solomon's mines and decided to rip off the idea of, 'Africa will not let me die,' concept and apply it to the great white hype that is Jason Brody. The rapid transition from worthless vacation yuppie to immediately perfectly aiming skills, deftly dispatching island warriors is implausible - even if the fear of boring the target audience pushes the game in this direction. The scenes of love making are not love making, it is rape. You are being raped by Citra while intoxicated on magic juice- this in itself should raise red flags.
    The butchery nonsensically of animals is pitiful and teaches only wastefulness to the young gamer- and it gives no real knowledge of how much work is involved in crafting items from animal hide- at least simply bring it to a native to do it for you...
    There should have been a stricter age restriction on this game for language, sex, nudity wanton violence, grey characters with no real sense of good or evil, simply self-serving motivations. Self regulation is not this industry's strong suit, but if you hand over to young minded people the ability to ambivalently murder villagers, the Rakyat (useless savages) and the pirates/mercenaries and then glorify the concept of revenge and celebrate tattooing your body parts as a sign of culture- then you have made your target audience dumber and even more morally ambiguous.

The ending, if you choose to save your friends, has a lie for a statement - again self serving- Jason Brody is given a blank check for all the evil he has done by justifying it by saying he is still good inside- allegory...

There is one saving grace- you can build up your character without even doing a single mission, then fly through the whole game- just go rescue all outposts, radio towers, do those side missions quickly, then run around with a flamethrower, grenade launcher, lmg and smg. You will be unstoppable.

AI: the game designers need to go back and review far cry 1, fear 1, half life 1, system shock 2- and start from scratch- far cry 3, with its 'open world' characters (there are only like, 5 models of natives, 3 of pirates, and so on- yay open world, surrounded by a group of the same faces forever) seems to be thwarted by the most inconvenient of obstacles- walls. A wall and you and the enemy is stopped cold. Either they pull cover right in front of you, get stuck inside a building, or run out in the open firing randomly at you on the hardest difficulty and this is to be assumed great game play...
  96. wdb
    Dec 4, 2012
    wtf. this game sucks right out of the box. what was ubisoft thinking? all they had to do was take farcry2 and add some new maps and story lines. wheres the system link? what about those of us who don't have high speed internet? we have been traped twice and had to reboot. i'm sure its filled with lots of bugs like that. it dosen't teturn to your last save. when a mission is completed allwtf. this game sucks right out of the box. what was ubisoft thinking? all they had to do was take farcry2 and add some new maps and story lines. wheres the system link? what about those of us who don't have high speed internet? we have been traped twice and had to reboot. i'm sure its filled with lots of bugs like that. it dosen't teturn to your last save. when a mission is completed all other enemy's disappears and you return to a safe spot unsure what happened. too much gagits not enough substance. Expand
  97. Dec 20, 2012
    The first 2 hours I played this game I thought it could be pretty good. I wanted to be able to carry more items, so I decided to start it by crafting some bags. As it turns out, I only needed to kill 4 of each animal to craft everything, so animals become useless pretty early. While I was doing that, every 2 minutes or so, a pop up shows up in the upper left corner reminding me of theThe first 2 hours I played this game I thought it could be pretty good. I wanted to be able to carry more items, so I decided to start it by crafting some bags. As it turns out, I only needed to kill 4 of each animal to craft everything, so animals become useless pretty early. While I was doing that, every 2 minutes or so, a pop up shows up in the upper left corner reminding me of the quest I could be doing. Its like the game believes I forgot what I should do instead of letting me play it however I want to. Trying to ignore that, I proceed by climbing some radio towers to unlock the map. After climbing 4 towers, I have a free light machine gun, sniper rifle, flamethrower waiting for me at every item shop. Also, I can heal myself whenever I want.
    The enemy pirates (all dressed in red so you dont confuse them with the good guys, which wear blue) dont stand a chance. Having played 2 and a half, maybe 3 hours of the game, I dont see why I should keep playing. I already have way too strong weapons, crafted everything I needed (Im lacking some hunter path items or something, but I have enough capacity as it is) and the unlockable skills dont look very interesting. I mean, why would I care for reloading 25% faster when the game is really easy as it it? I dont know, the idea of being a survivor in a dangerous island had potential, but for me it is ruined by having huge weapons from the start, ammo and money everywhere, the ability to heal to full health by cracking my thumb, useless wild life, lame AI (they dont spot you unless you let them see you for 10 seconds or so, and if you block their line of sight before that, its like nothing happened.), boring characters and repetitive gameplay. I wanted to like this, maybe try again with the survivor idea?
  98. Dec 5, 2012
    A very consolish game other may have already discussed in every detail. What irks me the most tho it's the genocide of every living thing in the island. I'm all for action but only when shooting and moving fast take place at the same time, something you can't do without vehicles. In far cry 3 the best you can get is onrail stuff and animal insides galore. Why didn't i pirate this s**t?
  99. Dec 16, 2012
    Horrible over-hyped trash! I simply cannot belive the high ratings it got from serious reviewers like PC Gamer, Gamespy, IGN, etc. Have they all gone mad? Far Cry 1 was sooo cool, Far Cry 2 had a great setting, cool guns and fun missions but ultimatetely fell flat due to the stupid checkpoint respawn system. And now Far Cry 3: 1) One hour to get it started 2) only playable if you disableHorrible over-hyped trash! I simply cannot belive the high ratings it got from serious reviewers like PC Gamer, Gamespy, IGN, etc. Have they all gone mad? Far Cry 1 was sooo cool, Far Cry 2 had a great setting, cool guns and fun missions but ultimatetely fell flat due to the stupid checkpoint respawn system. And now Far Cry 3: 1) One hour to get it started 2) only playable if you disable the utter unneccessary uplay 3) worse graphics than FC1 (from 2004!) 4) most annoying UI sever een in a major release 5) boring missions 6) even more boring side-missions 7) laughable AI 8) idiotic design decisions like getting free weapons for climbing radio towers - WTF? 9) unskippable video sequences 10) appalling driving mechanics 11) no quick-saves during missions and 12) BUGS BUGS BUGS!!

Ubisoft used to be one of my favourite publishers but now I hate them so much that I will never ever buy a game from them again.
  100. Dec 5, 2012
    This game has a case of consolitus. Allows you to reconfigure WASD-movement keys, but then reverts back to hard-coded defaults for some vehicles - better get used to using WASD if you're not using those already. Also doesn't work too great with high-DPI mice - sensitivity can be adjusted but only up to a point. There's also a bug that distorts mouse-response for fast movements atThis game has a case of consolitus. Allows you to reconfigure WASD-movement keys, but then reverts back to hard-coded defaults for some vehicles - better get used to using WASD if you're not using those already. Also doesn't work too great with high-DPI mice - sensitivity can be adjusted but only up to a point. There's also a bug that distorts mouse-response for fast movements at low-sensitivity values making it impossible to do quick 180s or use reflex-aiming - not pleasant if you're a hardcore PC FPS gamer. The HUD is mostly okay, but navigating the menus does get a cumbersome after a while.

The checkpoint saving system I also found to be somewhat frustrating, it doesn't make it very obvious exactly when the game's been saved, and I've already had a few instances where I thought my progress had been saved and had to restart the game, but ended up losing some progress anyway.

In the end, no matter how to good the game might be - after struggling with above issues for nearly an hour and then having to deal with servers being down, I felt like I was fighting the game itself more than the actual enemies and gave up.

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013