8.2

1. Jun 29, 2014
    I really can't believe how bad this game is due to other reviews of it. Very tired of Ubisoft formula. SCORE 41/100.

I thought it just had to be cool. I was let down in nearly every way imaginable. Still shocked how subpar, derivative, repetitive, and poorly designed it was. After beating and selling Watch Dogs (PS4), and then getting this on Summer Sale and really not liking it at all,
    I came to the conclusion I will no longer buy the trinity of Ubisoft open world action games.

If you have played any Assassin's Creed or Watch Dogs, then you've played this. Towers to unlock, stupid collectibles, incredibly poor stealth, no actual cover.

TOWERS ARE SO FAR APART, horrible when you die. This is a perfect example of huge open world that is empty, lifeless, and annoying. So, so annoying.

Inventory is an atrocity, fills up in minutes, herbs don't stack. The driving is even worse than Watch Dogs, if that is possible. You get hurt from very small jumps, it's stupid.

In some ways I am glad I got it on summer sale because I won't ever get another Ubisoft game at full price. I *might* get them for 10 bucks or buy and resell of the PS4, but never ever full price.

And the graphics aren't that great, because Ubisoft is really bad at optimizing game engines. Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution look much better.

To top it all off, UPLAY IS A NIGHTMARE. It's a terrible service that makes EA's Origin look fantastic in comparison, and that is saying a lot.
  2. Jan 5, 2014
    This has absolutely been the most entertaining game I've played in a long time. The graphics are top notch, the action is top notch and on top of that it had a nice story.
  3. Jan 5, 2014
    Good game with great open environments. Story keeps you engaged and keeps giving you a reason to push forward. Eventually some of the open world aspects continue to feel repetitive. For the price I paid for this game (5 dollars) it was well more than worth my money.
  4. Jul 13, 2013
    I got the game on the steam summer sale. Was great for the first 3 hours that i played. Tried to save it several times and said i couldnt save it it said the "auto"save would take care of it.
    Died once-and it was stuck on the saving screen-i guess it had to communicate with U plays stupid effin servers!
    its my fault. I forgot that you needed uplay to run it and i hate uplay i hate
    origin i hate that i cant just go out and buy a god damned game and put it in and install it like the old days.
    anyway, i played six hours, swore i SAVED it several times and guess what?
    it saved right after the guy dennis rescued me so I lost-
    -all the i crafted ie;bags, wallets etc
    -my rife that i spent 1700 bucks for
    -my compound bow which was awesome
    i lost it all and now i dont know if i want to go through it all again, it saved none of my progress, lost all the radio towers i took, all the strongholds or whatever..
    **** drm ruins everything when the will they learn?
    never...they never will and I wish something would happen to these assanine companies but it never will..anyway, i gotta give it a 2..if i could save it and not have to go through the first part 3 times id do it ..but this uplay drm
  5. Dec 9, 2012
    I wasn't really expecting too much from this title. AAA FPS's generally have very short campaigns nowadays and unmemorable simplistic COD mechanics. Far Cry 3 isn't bucking this trend, but it's actually a pretty fun game despite it's genre redundancy due to a gorgeous backdrop and cinematic flare. The narrative, while simplistic, is fun and the voicework is solid. I really liked Vaas, and found him to be an entertaining antagonist. Take everything in Far Cry that was BAD and FIX IT while throwing out all the elements that worked. Then take all the elements of Far Cry 2 that were BAD and FIX THAT...but throw everything out that made Far Cry 2 work. Throw in some Skyrim and Dead Island and now you have Far Cry 3. I know this genre mashup and blatant lifting of mechanics from other popular games sound tired, but it's actually quite inspired in implementation and everything meshes nicely. Dunia 2 looks amazing and performs really well on my 8320/5770/8gb DDR3 maxed. I don't understand the visual complaints regarding this game. My rig ain't no slouch, but it is by no means any beast either. Game is gorgeous, the facial animation system is really nice, draw distance is impressive. It's definitely a ONE time playthrough. Buy it now if you are in desperate need of a distraction, or wait for it to drop to 29.99 a year from now...but definitely worth a purchase even if you aren't really a Far Cry or fps fan. Expand
  6. Mar 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a game that is lovingly crafted and rich in detail. It is one of the few sequels that fixes the problems of its predecessor without adding [m]any new ones. Gone are the dreaded Malaria, gun jamming and check point respawn mechanics. I initially held off on Far Cry 3 upon its release and grabbed it as a bargain buy on Steam. However, I would happily pre-order the next title going by the quality of this one.
    Playing Far Cry 3 on a high end system is like taking a passport into a dangerous, virtual realm. It is captivating and will have you coming back for more.
    I cannot wait to see what Ubisoft come up with after this.
    I have given Far Cry 3 the perfect 10 as I feel that it merits the score based on the sheer amount of content and attention to detail (and being a relatively bug free experience).
    Ubisoft, I salute you.
  7. Apr 20, 2013
    I must say, this game really surprised me: infact is surprisingly playable and...fun and even though it may resemble like a "Skyrim with guns", it has its unique traits to make the difference. The game has 3 modes, and the first (and most important) is the story mode, which is basically the core of the game. The story is actually engaging and your character is...not bad! You kinda sympathize with him in the end because he becomes sure of himself and becomes a real warrior of the jungle. We also have various missions here and we also need to hunt for animals, in order to increase our inventory. The island is huge and you'll take a lot of time to explore it. The graphics are good but they lack some extra detail that could have made it amazing, but it's still good, without mentioning the huge amount of secrets and things to discover (relics, lost letters from the war, underwater caves, etc). But still, it has some big flaws that really annoyed me: for starters, the idea of giving you an extremely limited inventory is bad and at the beginning of the game you won't be able to carry more than 1 weapon at the time, with also few ammo, few medicines, few grenades, few rockets, few anything! Luckily it can be increased rather quick by just hunting the animals you need but it's a huge limitation at the beginning that forces you to sell almost anything you get and to make you use weapons that aren't good for silent attacks. It looks more like an excuse to hunt animals, more than a real limitation. Since the island is huge, you'll be able to drive on the island, but the controls are horrible and really feels like it's sliding on the road. And those are jeeps. The game will make us see from "his eyes" so we basically play from his perspective in all times...yet we only see his hands: are we a ghost? That really seems a big lack, considering that the "feel" the game wants to give us is a feel of "real life" and engagement. Infact, the inventory shouldn't even be a menu on another screen and it should be on without stopping the game (sort of like Dead Space). That would have made things much more interesting and engaging. The missions are...very lacking too. You get more missions by conquering outposts (and if you do without being seen, you get tons of exp), and these missions are usually of 2 kinds: 1) kill a pirate with your knife 2) kill a rare animal...which is easily spotted on the map. There are also other sub quests, but they are even easier than the previous ones and usually takes no more than 5 minute. In other words, it could have been better Ah, and there are also challenges to do but they usually just give you money, which is so easy to obtain in the game and you'll be often spending it in order to keep your wallet free. And for last, your skills: you don't have levels but you obtain skill points each time you get enough experience: the skills are many and splitted into 3 branches, which mostly differs on game styles more than actual "speccs". It might be good except that the game forces you to play onward for unlocking your advanced skills! I had 5-6 points to spend, but no new skills to buy, and in the end I had to continue in order to unlock more: this again kills the purpose of being free, since you'll be limited on your skills until you reach a certain point of the story, without mentioning that a lot of these skills are useless and gaining skill points is a breeze (1500 exp just for taking over an outpost without being seen!). However, as a story mode itself, is great, engaging and fun, and that alone it's enough to entertain you. But we also have co-op mode, which you take control of 1 of 4 characters, which aren't exactly related with the story of game, and you'll basically do campaigns with more people. I wasn't able to play it entirely due to my bad luck but it was pretty intense! The enemies are tough and your weapons choice (which can be pre-set or the same as your multiplayer set) count. I can't say exactly much, but it's still more variation to a game that have a lot of content. For last, we have a multiplayer, which is similar to Call of Duty in style...except you actually need to aim. There are various modes and the weapons are varied, although unlocked by levels, and you get attachments from decoding (and if I'm right also from levels). The arenas are pretty detailed and very cured: I hardly saw campers and the reason is that you can't kill in few hits (unless you use a shotgun), forcing you to aim and to try to be a little more precise. We also get "killstreaks", which aren't many but they aren't unbalanced either. This mode is, in a nutshell, a more balanced version of Call of Duty, and it's a good time waster for those moments you just want to shoot. All in all, a very good game, fun to play andreally enjoyable, definitely worth a try out if you want to play a good FPS-RPG game. Nothing really original...but it's extremely fun to play! Expand
  8. Dec 28, 2012
    Huge improvement on FC2 in every area so far, in my opinion. The story and characters are actually interesting this time, the island looks amazing, and the gunplay and weapon choices really have me hooked as well. The game does have some obvious flaws but because the core mechanics are so well done, they really don't take much away from the experience. Just to name some things that bothered me, most of the side quests and activities are pretty boring and feel pointless such as the supply runs. Also because enemies stop respawning when you take an outpost, if you conquer the entire island, it makes it entirely boring in the areas you've captured. However, there are a few mods out there now fix this issue either by making it so wiping an outpost doesn't bring it under your control, or being able to reset them all. WITH THOSE MODS, I would give it a 9 or 10 but I'm judging the vanilla game here. Expand
  9. Mar 17, 2014
    Generally a really well done, fun game but it cannot match the supreme experience of Far Cry 2 - though that in itself is no shame. The combat works well, the new takedown mechanisms add to the stealth options but in the end the AI is too blind for stealth to truly work and reach the same heights as in Far Cry 2. Stealth is most fun in the beginning before you realize just how close and visible you need to get to get caught. Once you realize that, you tend to stop trying.

I recommend Ziggy's mod for an improved challenge and gameplay experience but the vanilla is also an enjoyable ride if you like it easy.

The game starts off at its strongest point and then slowly slides. The first island is great fun and both exploring and fighting is just addicting. However, as you get all your skills, weapons and move on to the second island, it starts to slide slightly and by the end it's all routine. The story also falls short, unfortunately, and by the end it straight up stumbles. The ending, whichever you choose, is awful.

That said, the awesome graphics and fun game mechanics make this a great game overall and it should be played by any FPS fan. The best shooter made since its prequel.
  10. Jun 16, 2014
    Blood Dragon is much better game than this. Okay, I don't want to judge a FarCry's whole main storyline, but acting, dialogs - they are just awful. And Jason is a crying maiden used to talk to himself. AI is a crap, you can kill pirate without sound suppressor, hide near in a small bush - and his friends will forget about you in 30 seconds. And of course they wouldn't trigger the alarm, "there is nothing to worry about". Animals are not better - predators politely warn you with roar, tigers and leopards like to charge prey instead of real hunting. Watching a couple of komodo dragons wiping several patrols of arming men is funny. Quests like "drive this car for 30 seconds from A to B" or "I am a poor woman living in a rubble pile but take this 500 dollars as reward" are just indicate level of creativity put in this game. All that is good in this game - graphics and a relatively big world to explore. Expand
  11. Feb 7, 2013
    Far Cry 3 saved the series after a string of pointless spin-offs of the first game, a remake, and a remake OF the remake. To top it off, the last main entry, Far Cry 2, was a mediocre, frustrating, redundant, and unrewarding game set in a somewhat-interesting landscape that lacked any incentive to explore it. Far Cry 3 was a welcome improvement over its predecessors, However, the game still suffers from the biggest game-breaking flaw that has plagued the series since the beginning: A large, beautiful environment with no rewards for actually exploring it. All of the weapons are available to the player for free, as long as they unlock radio towers, and the process of doing so requires no challenge. To make it worse, the player has unlimited, free access to previously-unavailable weapons after they pick them up from the corpse of a foe. Meaning if you just grabbed a shiny new gun from the ground, congratulations, you now have it an endless free supply of them, just like any other weapon you may have shelled out thousands of dollars for. There are hardly any unique side-quests worth going out of your way for, and they only reward you with money, which you'll find you have plenty of mid-way through the game. Money is almost worthless once you have all of the weapons readily available. The only purpose is buying the occasional much-needed health, ammo, or body armor. None of which (with maybe the exception of body armor) are difficult to obtain on your own. In fact, I have so many green leaves, which are use to craft healing items, that I had to sell most of them just because I needed the space, and I would never, ever need that much. There are other types of syringes, used for such things as boosting damage resistance to fire, and aiding your hunting and exploration abilities, however, they are unnecessary. Hunting isn't particularly difficult, and neither is combat, even on the most difficult setting. I could go on and on about why Far Cry 3 will not satisfy those who want a meaningful sandbox game, but if you are looking for a slick, fulfilling shooter game, you'll have a blast. Good controls is vital to great combat. Far Cry 3 rivals Max Payne 3 for having the most crisp, fluid controls of any PC game of 2012, even on mid-grade gaming rigs that can't quite run Far Cry 3 with optimal performance. The graphics are eye-popping; the water stands out. The many lakes, rivers, and waterfalls look incredible, especially when the sunlight shimmers along the top, and the bodies of your enemies float freely, slowly staining the teal-liquid red.

In short ,Far Cry 3 fails to impress the adventurer in me, but the warrior in me hasn't been this impressed with a shooter since BioShock.
  12. Apr 1, 2013
    Thinking about buying this one? Just play Far Cry 1 instead. Far Cry 1 was great. AI not so good, but the game was great. Far Cry 2 sucked. This one sucks less, but given it is 2013, this game sucks. And it really is too bad because the story has some interesting twists. The cut scenes and acting are pretty good. But the AI is a joke, the game play is repetitive and somewhat stupid. OK, I'm stranded on a tropical island filled with pirates and I need to rescue my friends, but I can only carry 1 magazine of bullets until I kill some animals and craft a new pouch out of their skins? Did anyone not stoned proof read the concept? Ugh, I had to quit after just 3 hours. I just don't care enough to finish this turd. Expand
  13. Feb 19, 2013
    This game was pretty enjoyable. It fixed many of the issues I had with Far Cry 2, but made some changes I wasn't ready to accept. I know this goes against the consensus, but the story in this game was quite ridiculous. The tribal nonsense, the quick time events, and the oh-so-tiring explosive action sequences found in every other shooter game made me miss the more realistic story of Far Cry 2. My only other legitimate complaint is that the PC version feels shafted. The visuals don't look too terribly impressive, at least not enough to justify the low framerates I get on my mid range PC. The mouse on the menu doesn't respond that well. But don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic sequel and perhaps the best shooter I've played for a while. Expand
  14. Dec 21, 2012
    The game is becomes boring very fast. Before you know it, all you do is clear pirate bases and activate communication towers. The only interesting parts are the main plot missions but those won't last that long.
    There is no motivation to explore, as you never get anything besides money (presuming you manage not to run around with a full wallet) and junk. You don't get anything like
    special weapons or interesting items.
    The requirement to craft bags and stuff, makes it pretty tedious. You don't need medicine at all, as they're just bonus buffs and it's not like you need health pots as you can always just duck around a corner and heal with your basic heal instead of instantly with a health pot, this is a FPS not Diablo.
    The regular enemies and allies are just clones of eachother. They literally have like a couple face variants being repeated over and over and they're all just regular humans.

Anyway, game is boring and bland.
  15. Jan 1, 2013
    I'm not gonna lie. Far Cry 3 was probably the most fun I've had with any releases of this year so far. But that's mainly because there wasn't that much else that quite reached it's level in terms of both content and execution. But does that really make it a good game?
    Well....yes. It is good, however people now a days seem to make out everything that is above mediocre to be the greatest
    thing ever, which it really isn't.

I'd say one of it's biggest problems is that it's just all in all not really challenging. I played the game on the hardest difficulty level and even then the enemies aren't much of a thread, especially once you upgrade your health. The healing mechanic is also just broken. You can heal yourself whenever you want and how many times you want, even during combat.. Not to mention that there's also healing syringes that heal you even faster.

The game's also rather grindy. I like the fact that you have to hunt animals to craft new pouches etc, but it would have been more enjoyable if you'd start hunting naturally and not having to go to specific places to find a specific animal in order to craft or upgrade something.
    Far Cry 3 also suffers from what I like to call "Overkill syndrome". Meaning that the beginning is actually the most challenging part of the game, but as you unlock more things, the game becomes progressively easier. So it's exactly the opposite of how a game should progress.

The world it self is pretty empty. The only main attractions are liberating outposts and some side quests that rarely differ. (Kill that guy with a knife, hunt down that animal with a bow).
    Honestly, liberating the outposts is pretty much the best part of the game because it's just simply the most sandbox-y.

I was also rather disappointed by the story. It's so well acted! Vaas (the guy on the cover) is such a great character...but he only gets like 5 minutes of screenplay...and he's only there for like half of the game.
    I think the main problem here is that the characters are just so weakly established. I really didn't care for most of them, even though they had such great performances.
    The ending's also pretty weak. It just pulls a "Choose your ending cutscene" kind of ending.

The multiplayer and CO-OP aren't really noteworthy either. CO-OP is just tagged on mission based **** No exploration, just stand inside of a base and kill incoming enemies.
    As for the competitive Multiplayer, I certainly had more fun with that than co-op, but I don't see it lasting for very long. Though I really liked how they took familiar game modes and put some new mechanics into them. They even added in a new game mode called firestorm which is certainly worth checking out.
    However it suffers from what most multiplayer components suffer from now a days. Having to level up and unlock new gear is tedious and really senseless in a game like this. You can't level up in custom and private matches. And the biggest killer: Match-making only. Why? Because it never **** works. I rarely get into a game that doesn't have at least 2 host immigrations.
    The map editor is certainly a lot of fun to mess around with. However nobody really plays on custom maps because as stated: No leveling in custom matches.

All in all if someone asked me if they should buy the game at full price...sure, go ahead. There's certainly a lot of fun to be had. It's just not as perfect as most people make it out to be.
    if you're only interested in single player anyway, I'd say wait for the price to drop.
  16. Jan 22, 2013
    The first half of this game is great. The antagonist give you the chills in a similar way hat the Joker does for Batman. The second half of this game continues its solid gameplay, but the story is total crap.
  17. Jan 8, 2013
    I have very mixed feelings about this game. Yes its a great shooter with excellent mechanics, interesting scenarios, a very rich and well developed world, there's really no game engine or mechanics related complaints from me. I think that the story, while easy to criticize, was fairly non intrusive and provided some guidance to the progression of the game; this is not an rpg, don't expect an rpg. However at the end of this game, I felt absolutely nothing but disappointed. For a game world of this magnitude, you end up going through only a tiny fraction of it and very seldom in any sort of truly engaging way. There are very few moments of immersion or tension, very few moments of excitement; don't get me wrong, when the sh*t hits the fan in this game it becomes very entertaining and surprising, but the problem is that this just doesn't happen often enough. 80% of the game is spent doing little rpg-element activities or simply travelling... the real guilty parties here are not any of the programmers but rather the directors and designers who just didn't make even remotely adequate use of what their development team handed to them. To give you an example; as part of the huge map, there are WWII era bunker installations all over the place, moldy and ruined and full of atmosphere; and the best way that the designers could come up with to make use of these is to put "letters" in them and tell the player to look for the letters and read them... seriously. That's just a tragic loss of potential and its one of many. Expand
  18. Jan 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very very enjoyable game. Great story (which unfortunately loses steam after the sudden and inglorious ending of the beautifully-acted Vaas character), fun gameplay, and crafting that doesn't take up much of your time. A beautiful, though imperfect, little sandbox that is well worth the time it takes to play through. Expand
  19. Jul 4, 2013
    This is the best a shooter can get really at least in single player. Everything about this game is so good and not only that, but it really is better than the sum of its parts. The graphics are by far the best in a shooter. Most of the time draw distance and floor detail are pathetic but not in this game. The best grass, water, lighting, draw distance and general realism as well as nice visual effects and a great environment make this a breath-taking experience just on that alone. On top of that, the game manages to combine the beautiful islands of Far Cry 1 and its ground-breaking graphical advancements with heart-pounding, suspenseful, stealthy/Rambo gameplay combination with Far Cry 2's open world nature and massive map, AND it adds some really nice RPG elements which do not retract from the core gameplay. As a Far Cry game, this is probably the one that defines the franchise. I've always hated RPGs with a burning passion, but Far Cry 3 manages to implement RPG features so seamlessly that it adds to the experience without making it feel slow or cumbersome. The game does a fantastic job of making everything simple and intuitive without the need for a massive tutorial or guide, since everything is introduced as and when needed. Right from the beginning, this game is immersive, realistic but also very respectful of the player for instance, you won't be forced to travel manually to a safehouse or redo an entire mission if you died checkpoint management is perfect, and so is saving the game. Difficulties are perfect too staying true to Far Cry tradition of the Hard setting favouring stealth over aggression. As you'd expect from an open-world game, there are side quests scattered throughout, but thankfully these aren't RPG like at all. They usually involve some shooting or driving given a certain weapon/vehicle and time limit, with thresholds for rewards. In terms of the main story, the progression is yet again perfect. You can pretty much do everything from the start and explore at your own leisure, upgrade your skills and inventory, or go straight from one mission to the next. The fact that pretty much everything being available without having to grind through unnecessary tasks or even finish the story makes this one of few games which a shooter fan can enjoy without having to deal with the cumbersome RPG side of things. As for the story itself, it's something which you want to follow in the same way as the original Far Cry. It plays like a stereotypical Hollywood action movie, but a really good one which for the entire length of the movie it has your undivided attention. The controls, game mechanics, progression, graphics, free-roam, sound and overall game design are truly at the peak of what's possible. The multiplayer is not as spectacular, but it's far more simple and enjoyable than say, Crysis 2 or Call of Duty. The most astonishing achievement is how it manages to implement standard features such as perks and customisable weapons, yet no matter whether you're top rank or just starting, the default classes are not limiting. It's purely gun-on-gun gameplay but the ability to revive teammates is also nice. It plays like a third-person shooter, where everything is simple and there aren't any overpowered killstreaks or sentry guns or stun grenades etc. My only criticism of the multiplayer is that it's quite slow and the weapons seem to be very precisely defined in purpose. For example, it's near impossible to use a sniper at close range, and near impossible to use an SMG at long range etc. so you're almost forced to play in a certain way depending on your weapon of choice. It's not a bad thing, but certainly takes some getting used to if you prefer games which accommodate for more creative and diverse playstyles. The ranks, progression, unlocks and all the standard stuff are present but not overcomplicated or bloated like in Black Ops 2. Everything is balanced and satisfying to use. The multiplayer is decent but nothing special, but is enjoyable and addicting Overall however, this game is all about the single-player experience, and multiplayer is a nice side-feature. The campaign is a lot faster than Far Cry 2 so the suspense isn't sustained for as long, but it isn't a pure shooter like Far Cry 1. It's a nice balance between the two, and I would recommend this game to anyone who likes first-person shooters and open world games. Expand
  20. Dec 20, 2012
    Not perfect, but if you can ignore the idiotic over-arching plot there's some great dialog and characters. The gunplay is the tightest and most satisfying I can recall in any game and the world is gorgeous. It outdoes Just Cause 2 as a "just run around and enjoy" game, and that's saying something.
  21. Mar 31, 2013
    I like the game, because the world is so big and full of things to explore, but i dislike that i'm forced to do the Main Quest to unlock allmost every skill to unlock. I have explored the first island entirely and have a dozen skill points unused, because i have only rescued Daisy and Liza. And it is also a bit frustrating that the game crashes sometimes several times in a row.
  22. Feb 6, 2013
    As far as the single player portion of the game is concerned, this is the undoubtedly the best Far Cry ever. But in terms of multiplayer... I'm feeling pretty disappointed here. I'm sure other user reviews have already pointed this out, but it's something the developer needs to be called out on. They removed vehicles from multiplayer. I just don't understand. The whole "wow factor" of Far Cry multiplayer has always been the huge open levels with vehicles. I feel betrayed to be honest. But what do they care, they already got my money. I would have given this game a 10 if they didn't remove such a heavy feature from the previous games. Expand
  23. Dec 8, 2012
    Pros: Very very well optimized game engine. Smooth as butter with the latest nvidia beta drives that increase Far Cry 3 FPS by 37%. The combat is decent (but super easy no challenge on max difficulty). The map is huge. A PC game that is a pleasure to play with the 360 controller on the sofa.
    Cons: Poor AI. Repeated character model and dialogue use - this is really really bad - you see the
    same identical npcs everywhere (like 10 times as bad as skyrim). While the map is large, it feels small because combat only occurs on about 1% of the map.

God i wish there was a patch that increased the difficulty.... cuz the combat is stupidly simple.
  24. Jan 29, 2014
    One of my favorites, FC3 is an amazing game.

For starters, the game is beautiful, and Rook Island looks amazing. The takedown mechanics are solid, stable and really fun! Shooting is satisfying, and also stable.
    But I do have some complaints about this. For starters, money becomes almost useless late game. You unlock guns after activating radio towers, so what's the point of buying
    them? Hunting can also be a chore, and sometimes the animals don't even spawn at their designated spawn ground.

The single player is the best feature of the game. It has a somewhat generic storyline to it, but it's not vital to understanding the game. You're some random kid who gets captured by pirates and now you have to save your friends from the hands of the island's mercenaries, pirates, etc...
    There aren't a lot of guns, but at least you can add modification attachments, and apply paint jobs to them. The environment is detailed and lush, and the graphics are fantastic.

I would give this game a 10, but the multiplayer is this game's Achilles Heel.
    The standard multiplayer is a generic pirate vs rakyat combat with no new innovation or fun. Leveling up isn't as rewarding or satisfying as leveling up in Battlefield. When I discovered that this game had a Coop mode and you could play with your friends, I was ecstatic! But when we finally played it, we were disappointed.
    The Coop is really just a set of really boring missions that revolves around stopping some captain or something, I don't know, i didn't pay attention to the story. Why couldn't Ubisoft make the Coop an open world mode? Imagine driving around Rook Island, you at the steering wheel and a friend in the turret, ready to take down pirates! That's what I was expecting, not the boring generic stupid coop missions.
    The missions hold no variety, there are quicktime events, you have to repair some random piece of machinery, you need to do this and do that, it gets very tedious after a while.
    Granted, the missions can be a little bit fun, but when you get up to the carrying missions, you wish you were playing the single player. There are times where you have to pick up bombs, missiles or other random crap and take it to a place. When you're holding the item, you can't sprint or crouch, you can't shoot. If your friend(s) can't defend you, you lose the mission! What a joke.
    Also, they removed the fire-spread system from coop. The flamethrower is incredibly OP when held by a flamer. It can insta-down you almost quickly, but the flamethrower in your hands is nothing more than a water gun.

Don't expect great multiplayer out of this. Only play the singleplayer.
  25. May 8, 2013
    Ok where to start. The gameplay here is awesome, as is the setting. Combine it with the free roam and you've got yourself one epic sandbox game, but there a couple glaring problems for me personally. The first one being the story. Now I loved Vaas and how the game starts, but honestly I couldn't hate Jason more. He goes from a giant baby to a giant @$$hole. Sure he's a survivor, but it doesn't mean he has to be a jerk as well. The stealth has some flaws (like enemies seeing you from 500 yards away through a bush), but it isn't a huge game breaking thing that happens often. What bothers me the most though is all the druggy crap and the perpetual swearing of every character in co-op. It really becomes unnecessary after a while and actually annoying. I know the villain is basically a drug dealer, but I don't want the entire game to be Jason getting high to get in touch all his spirits and stuff like that. Other than that though it really is a solid game. Expand
  26. Jan 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is without a doubt the high point of the franchise. After the lackluster Far Cry 2, it's great to see Ubisoft fix just about everything that was wrong with it. Fantastic visuals and optimization. The storyline is good, but not great. There are a lot of poorly fleshed out characters that I would have loved to get to know better, especially the friends that you spend the entire game trying to rescue. The story itself was a bit shorter than I would have liked. There needed to be more story missions where you interact with other characters. The difficulty was definitely too easy. They were definitely trying to appeal to the console crowd by making the game easier, but that's not what Far Cry is. The opportunity to plan attacks on outposts is great, but the lax difficulty means that this really isn't necessary. There were a few glitches and bugs that I came across but nothing that was really severe. However the biggest problem with the game is the multiplayer. Far Cry never was, and never should be, about multiplayer or Co-OP. Resources were wasted on both of these modes that could have been used to improve the singleplayer experience. Overall the game is absolutely fantastic. If they stop trying to appeal to console players and ditch the lame multiplayer and coop modes, then Far Cry 4 can be a complete masterpiece. Expand
  27. Nov 20, 2013
    Amazing game, has everything going for, great gameplay, great story, great graphics, you can't go wrong here. AI may not be the best but is not bad either. Overall this was a great experience that every real gamer should play.
  28. May 18, 2013
    Wonderful graphics. Interesting story with really well done voice acting. The collection quests are crap though and a lot of the side quests feel like filler. Only reason to do them is to unlock signature weapons. Everything is marked on the map so there is no real exploration which really kills the point of open world. But it seems every open world game does this now. The world is really well done though, the combat is fun and entertaining, and if you spend time collecting relics etc, you get a lot of life from the game. Expand
  29. Jan 25, 2013
    1st part of the game was incredible. But after moving to 2nd island the game experience dropped increasingly. Looks like developers was exhausted all ideas they introduced in first part of the game. The difficulty level increases too much for me, its became irritating - despite I was playing on hard on 1st island I cannot handle easy mode on 2nd (maybe I was tired of the game). It seems it is the way to make game longer. 2nd part focuses only of shooting - nothing more. The idea of exploration on the 2nd island was dig.
    So the first island I judge for 9, but the 2nd island for 5 only.
  30. Jan 6, 2013
    If you have to view Far Cry 3 critically, it's biggest fault is the main character and the fact that the story just isn't very good. It's a decent game though, but things never seem to come together. Not to mention, FC3 has some of the worst boss battles in games to date.

My verdict: A flawed and highly overrated shooter, with moments of sheer brilliance. This is the pinnacle of average gaming
  31. Mar 24, 2013
    Highly overrated game. Major parts can only be called shallow, extremely repetive, boring and unchallenging. Gameplay is mostly following the same pattern all over again. Quest sends you to new region. You mark a radio tower on your map as target and simply go there to reveal the map of that surrounding region in detail. Those towers use to be unprotected so its really boring stuff to do. After that is done you usually mark a position of enemy camp as target, go there, few shots with your rifle to take out some pirates. Done. Also thanks to the incedibly broken ai again no challenge even on highest difficulty. What you are left with is a fully revealed, boring region with no enemies left, nothin much to do and like 100 crates scattered around the region waiting for you to get picked up to fill your pockets. Yes and that it is pretty much it. Graphics are decent, game is pretty much free of bugs and working fine, Vaas is fun. So i can not really call it horrible. Got it for 30 Euro in Steam sale, thats O.K.. Expected it to be overated and not worth a 87% metascore before buying it, so i did not get too disappointed. Expand
  32. Jul 17, 2014
    Great environment, reasonable combat. Crashes during save a lot. Strives for immersion but then proceeds to force QTEs down your throat such that you lose that immersion. On several occasions (not just once) you mow down an army of people and then a cutscene has you KOed by a simple hit and then you have to escape (again and again). Final mission is one big QTE that doesn't require any skill that you've been honing the entire game. The story is good until the middle when supernatural stuff (which breaks immersion again) gets stupid. Ultimately a good game if you ignore the story and the numerous immersion destroying moments. Expand
  33. Feb 13, 2013
    The AI is seriously dumb man. I mean, leaving a tiger in their camp, surrounded by the flimsiest of cages, all pointing more-or-less in one direction and blindly chasing after the sound of a pebble hitting the floor. What chance do they have against Jason Brody, an unstoppable geezer with a tatoo and a flamethrower! It's an open-world game, with a linear plot that doesn't take itself too seriously with realism. Not quite as addictive as Borderlands2, for pure gunfight carnage, but where else can you wrestle with sharks, go hang-gliding over a beautiful tropical island and take hallucinogenic plants? Oh yeah your dreams of course! Expand
  34. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is awesome. It really sucks you in. The outposts, the hunt challenges, missions,... plenty to do. Many people complain about the poor story but I liked it.
    So why only 7? Well, because the game had a lot of technical issues on my pc. I'm not going to post all my specs, but let me say I run Battlefield 3 with all the bells and whistles on an average fps of 80. In far cry I had to
    turn of all the options (like anti aliasing,...) Still got fps drops, graphical glitches and so one. From time to time it was really game braking. The game feels like a sloppy console port. No support from Ubisoft nor Nvidia. To bad, this game could have been perfect. Expand
  35. Jan 1, 2014
    This game is amazing. In short, if you want to play a story driven FPS with an open world any time soon, play Far Cry 3. In this review, despite the high score I have given it, I will primarily point out flaws rather than praising it.On the technical side FC3 has brilliant visuals. The jungle environment is fitting for open world stealth and the large amounts of foliage both look fantastic and make for almost believable cover. The sounds in FC3 really excel. The music always adds to the experience and the voice acting is some of the best I've experienced in a video game for a long time. The mechanics are not always intuitive, the takedown feature, after a number of upgrades, can rely on too many unintuitive key combinations at the same time. Besides this, the actual gunplay, stealth, driving and other upgrades are excellent examples of what modern shooters should aim for. An area that is very poor is the AI. It appears that to avoid the common stealth problem of having AI that automatically know where you are, the AI are completely dumbed down. They can track your last location correctly, but you will often see a guard walk straight past you when you are in plain sight. It must also be pointed out that story quests make heavy use of quick time events, these are a blight on games right now and they occasionally severely interrupt a cutscene. On the non-technical side, the story has some flaws. I went into this game expecting a fairly realistic game oriented around surviving being kidnapped and not being killed by the opposing faction, instead (spoilers) I found a game that behaves like a serious experience that I described, littered with some strange "magic" type story about tattoos and natives to the island. It should not have been in the game at all. The delusion and drug sequences were great, but they should have been oriented around drug usage or illness, not magic potions. The multiple choice ending was just utterly ridiculous. Why give us two choices that only affect the last 5 minutes of the cutscene at the end of the game? And why is one of them so utterly disappointing. The experience also drags on due to a lack of variation nearer the end of the game. You'll probably play around 30 to 40 hours of the game before this happens, so it's still absolutely worth the purchase. I recommend Far Cry 3. Despite all of it's flaws it has great gameplay, it is a fun and engaging experience, and it starts off brilliantly even if it doesn't last the full length of the game. Expand
  36. May 31, 2014
    Best open-world shooter on the market. Detailed and beautiful jungle enviroment. One of the best looking games made. Great gunplay and many tools to play with pirates. A little naive yet very engaging story that surprisingly has a good ending. You feel like an ultimate jungle badass No crappy DLCs is a welcome change on the market Good and fun progression with animal hunting Good gunplay
    Very immersive
    Much wow, so shooter, very must buy. One of the best games of recent years for me.
  37. Jan 16, 2013
    I loved the sense of weight and inertia that is conveyed in first person in Far Cry 3. It feels very similar to battlefield 3 in the physicality of your character. And so I had a great impression of this game in the first 5 hours, and might have given it a 10. Unfortunately, the missions that follow the main plot line fall into a rote, scripted manner, and most of the time put a blaring timer on top of the screen, breaking all the amazing illusions created by the game world. One thing people may gloss over - the writing and characters are, at times, offensively bad. I think I speak for many when I say that overused stereotypes of the "white man saving the indigenous people" trope is obvious and tired. And seriously, **** Vaas. Try harder Ubisoft, seriously. (Quoting Alice in Wonderland throughout was another misguided creative attempt, I felt.) There is a lack of creativity with the entire setting and modern day milieu, and it doesn't interfere entirely with main feel of the game, but it does stifle what could have been. Still definitely worth playing. Expand
  38. Jan 18, 2013
    Far from perfect, but a decent game nonetheless. Shooting mechanics and stealth is implemented well and allows for two different approaches, whereas Far Cry 2 was more limited. Also I'm very glad Ubisoft removed repopulating outposts; those annoyed the heck out of me in Far Cry 2. Ubisoft have made a number of good design choices that have enhanced the game, though some of the problems In Far Cry 2 are still prevalent in this game. The only missions/quests that seemed to have any depth were the story missions and as you progress, other side quests start to lose their touch and you'll find the jungle environment and the contents it holds wearily repetitive. In the end, even the weapons and recipes you unlock through collectibles isn't enough to hold your attention. Additionally, the SSAO in this game is atrocious and so are some of the textures. The menus could be better as well. Expand
  39. Dec 29, 2012
    Very bland but fun for a while... Cons...
    While the game is fun it adds nothing new. It looks 3/4 years old and just shows how the current gen of consoles are holding back gaming. The voice acting is total ass, you're on an island near China but the locals have South African accents while the bad guys have mid Africans accents. You play as an American teen/20s showing the island how
    badass you are.
    The crafting is dull in that you just need easy to gain animal skins or plants, half the **** you can craft you don't actually need, for example, health stims... You can heal for free by pulling out bullets in your arm or wraping a bandage. Stims?... The game is easy enough that you don't even need them.
    Hunting is boring... The only animals that hold any sort of challange are bears and tigers and that is because head shots don't instant kill so you can just lob a grenade at them, failing that just run at them with a shotgun.
    The story is rather meh. As I said, you play a badass American kid trying to save his buddies. Yawn.

Pros...
    It's open world.
  40. Jun 15, 2013
    Good characters, the story was pulled off well except for one decision that Jason makes that I didn’t buy at all. Being able to take out the outposts in any manner you please was great fun, but I think this is mainly because you could avoid the tedium of cover based combat. I didn’t finish the story line, the gameplay suffered greatly in the story based missions. Mostly it was Jason protecting another character with waves of pirates attacking you for some unspecified period of time. The other variant was for you to be charging through enemy lines waiting to come up against a wall of enemy fire you couldn’t tank and then we’re back to the same old cover based combat. During a story mission they attempted a stealth mission but it was just Jason following the path laid out for him by the developers. I didn’t finish this game, the gameplay just sucked too hard during the story missions. 7/10 for the fun had with the outposts, characters and the story itself not the gameplay during the story. Expand
  41. Mar 17, 2014
    What's the definition of insanity? I think Vaas knows. Without him the game would have been without taste. Generaly It's a good and acceptable game. The equatorial atmosphere is great but the places aren't so convincing. I didn't like the idea of saving my friends though. A mysterious story would be better. The vegetation colors are exaggerated, so are all those explosions everywhere and action generally. The graphics are bad compared with the previous version which is very rich in graphics. I enjoyed Far Cry 3 but I'm not playing it again. I think I'll play Far Cry 2 because I's balanced and complete in all aspects. Expand
  42. Jan 14, 2013
    Most over rated game of 2012. The story is by far the best part of this game no doubt. Vas is what makes this game I mean the dude is on the cover. Lets face it though once you finish him off there is nothing left to do. You grind through a story that has become less interesting although not yet bad. And once you take the forts on the island there is nothing left to do. The game gives a good 20 hours tops of gameplay and the multiplayer is well done. However the game itself is empty and the plot is filled with holes and cliche copy paste story lines from movies. Expand
  43. Mar 30, 2013
    I didn't begin playing FC3 until mid-March. But overall I think it's a good game. I think Ubisoft Montreal clearly had considerations in mind how to make improvements over Far Cry 2 with this one. For example, instead of merely scouting enemy outposts and wiping them out repeatedly after respawns, you can liberate them for good and back into the hands of the local islanders known as the Rakyat (similar to the real-life Maori). Also, your guns no longer jam, and most of them have upgrades that boost their damage, ammo capacity, range, fire rate, noise reduction, and optics, whereas the only upgrades available in the predecessor were for accuracy and reliability (jam resistance). Many hunting and knife-assassination missions become available as you liberate outposts, and get cash rewards for each. Also, you can unlock Signature (Unique) Weapons in shops as you collect Lost WWII Letters, Relics, and Memory Cards throughout Rook Island. The main complaints I had about the game were that stealth was mandatory in some of the story missions. I hate failing missions because I got detected. Also, some of the hunting quests require overpowered or underpowered weapons to hunt certain animals. For instance, sometimes you have to kill a pack of Rabid Dogs with an RPG or Flamethrower, but also Bears and Tigers with a pea-sprayer Skorpion. As far as the narrative goes, there are several surreal hallucinogenic moments, as well as intense confrontations with arch nemeses like Vaas. Some moments get quite emotional, and you're forced to make decisions in a split second. Anyway, I hope I didn't reveal too many spoilers here. My over verdict is that if you enjoyed Far Cry 2 but felt it lacking in some areas, you will enjoy Far Cry 3 more. Expand
  44. Dec 26, 2012
    Well I enjoyed the game at some points but it was extreme buggy, even on my Gtx 2gb Nvidia card which should be above average, and my 8gb ram. I had constantly some bugs on the visual effects like smoke and explosions. The boss battles just sucked, there is no clear thing that you kill a guy or a horde of his guys and then kill him, all boss fights happen like in a vision where you see daemons and crap. Well was nothing special. The graphics sucked compared to Crysis of course. Expand
  45. Sep 27, 2013
    This game is at best, average. The side missions are dumb. You have all these kinds of guns but you are limited to using a knife on missions. Each outpost you must liberate are basically the same. 4 enemies, kill them all then it's yours. It gets pretty repetitive. Not to mention that there is no point in exploration in this game. Once you are done in an area, there's no point in going back to it, because it will stay that way the entire game, it will not be re-conquered by bad guys or some other scenario, it's very static, not a dynamic world.
    It would have been more interesting if there's constant fighting between the rebels and the pirates, where you could jump in and be the difference maker, but there is no such thing in Farcry 3.
    It's a single play-through game that's not worth 60 bucks retail.
    I would not advise in getting the mods for this game as many of those things replace binaries, which could be a carrier for a trojan virus. Mods are done by strangers, not an official company.
  46. Dec 25, 2013
    I originally wrote a terrible review for this game and frankly I am embarrassed by it. Once I took the time to learn the game and put thought into surviving in this amazing world, I realized that it is a true gem. Everything about it is perfection; the missions are fun and creative, the environment is beautiful and alive, and the hunting and foraging for the items you need to craft is brilliant. It is an environment that you can spend nearly endless time exploring and enjoying, whether it's daytime or nighttime or during inclement weather, this dynamic land will keep you engaged. This game takes the best elements of (the nearly good game) Far Cry 2 and perfects the experience. If you like open world sandbox games then you need to play this. Expand
  47. Dec 16, 2012
    This is basically the same game as Far Cry 2 except that you now have the ability to craft items such has rucksacks, holsters, and ammo packs. The graphics are great! The game play is entertaining enough for me. If you didn't like FC2, then don't waste your time. Some of the quests are repetitive, but I haven't seen much originality in FPS in several years now.
  48. Jan 10, 2013
    + Open world + Graphic + Gameplay + Multi language - No ambient sound settings, environment sound nearly mute. - No info about the many graphic options, the eye hurting pixel storm LOD switch is "Geometry" - No Loot and Hideout re-spawn. A isle full of peoples, nobody use a empty box, a empty hideout or bunker. This problem have 99% of all games inc. Skyrim. Only Oblivion has made it.
    - No endless routine side missions. A isle full of peoples, nobody has a job for you after 3 weeks. Another 99% of all games problem.
    - Forgotten Art of grass. In FC2 grass up to the horizon with wind play, in FC3 the grass spawns around your feet.
  49. Oct 13, 2013
    I can't say I did not enjoy the game but being more of a storyline guy I must say I got a little bored pretty soon.... I found the main storyline to be short and not at all surprising... No twists or anything.. On the bright side there are a lot of misc. things to do while you are exploring the map which indeed adds to the depth and and the timespan of the game... Hunting Exploring Taking Down Radio Towers and capturing enemy bases are just some of the things you can do on the island but I found that even these activities get a little boring after a while... Expand
  50. Nov 10, 2013
    A total turn of events, the expectation was so high that this game let me down.
    Apart from multiplayer there's nothing interesting to be done after completing the game plot which by the way seemed to me another let down, whipping Vaas out of the frame so ungracefully just like Bane was trashed out in Dark Night
    The good parts are all there but it especially leaves the feeling of
    unfinished everything but the graphics, sadly. Expand
  51. Dec 22, 2012
    I have to admit, the intro and beginning blew me away. The game was pretty, the cinematics were great and the game felt free and fun BUT after 10-15 hours later i find the game virtually boring and unplayable WHY? It's downright repetitive and enemies and wildlife spawn randomly, so the triumph of clearing an area is not there as they will just respawn with time. Crafting was cool at first, but all you really need is some baggage and then you are done with it. Loot boxes are scattered randomly over the map, but loot is not worth much as you acquire guns for free as you progress anyway. Vehicles are all over the place, etc etc. Basically everything is just randomly positioned around and it's the same wherever you go. The missions are completely boring. The best thing about the game is the cutscenes and character models. Expand
  52. Dec 14, 2012
    I'll start this review by saying I haven't finished the game yet, my guess is that I'm around halfway through the main story. I'll begin by saying that this game is absolutely beautiful - if you're into your graphics then this is the game for you. Having said this, you'll need a pretty decent system to run it at full settings. Seriously, when I saw the screenshots on steam I was pessimistic and instantly thought they were concept art or something, but that is literally how it looks in-game. The atmosphere of the jungle setting is perfect, I feel a lot more encouraged to scout out enemy camps than in the last Far Cry game, and stalking through the brush to avoid road patrols or to hunt your animal prey is exhilarating to say the least. The upgrade/perks system is as effective as it is in any game, and helps drive you to continue on with the story to unlock new abilities, although this could be a bad point for many people who want complete freedom. The crafting system is also good, although when finding materials from animals, selling any excess items is tedious and they quickly fill up your bag if you don't keep track of what materials you need. Also, as someone else has pointed out, animals become quite useless aside from atmosphere once you've finished all of your crafting. But the atmosphere they do create is excellent, with a massive roster of animals ranging from sharks to tortoises to birds of paradise.
    The characters in the story are great and varied, and the voice acting is pretty good on the whole. Rather disappointingly, I find that the worst voice actor is the main character (the player). He seems to change his tone inappropriately and can be quite over-dramatic at times. This is probably my least liked point about the game. Another negative point is that sometimes the story doesn't really make much sense, there are a few moments where you "wake up" after missions without any explanation how you got there, seemingly just for the sake of progressing the story. Getting around the island is easy thanks to fast travel, much to the dismay of anyone who hates this feature in games, but it also encourages you to raid enemy camps to unlock new fast travel points. Driving can be quite difficult at times, the cars can feel quite floaty at times and easy to crash. Walking can be quite tedious but getting to experience the beauty of the island and the animals makes up for it.
    All in all I think it's a fantastic game and definitely worth playing, despite the few bad points I mentioned.
  53. Feb 12, 2013
    To sum it up quickly, Far Cry 3 is a good game. Not superb, not ground-breaking, and sometimes annoying, but overall it's good. A lot of the annoyances of Far Cry 2 have been put to bed (the appalling re-spawning springs to mind), and Far Cry 3 offers a nice tropical atmosphere, a decent story, and a good world to explore. Criticisms? Well the saving system is poor (checkpoints in an open world? C'mon!), the animal hunting quickly becomes irrelevant once you've crafted your equipment, and the AI is pretty stupid at times. Also, the missions (outside the main story line) are pretty lame. It's either "hunt an animal" or "kill someone with a knife" and that's about it. Let me be clear, "Skyrim with guns" it most certainly isn't (Skyrim has far more depth). Still, it's a fun shooter overall. Only problem is imagine how good it could have been with decent side quests, a slightly better inventory and a proper saving system. Now THAT would have been Skyrim with guns... Expand
  54. Dec 27, 2012
    Ubisoft has once again driven a game into the abyss. The use of emulation software for the PC controls has renedered the game unplayable. In fact there are many deal-breakers. AI so poorly written that if you just watch, they will kill themselves. They do nothing. The actual game is so short it's absurd. The multiplayer is just a waste and should not have been done at all considering the wretched state of the singleplayer. Fail! Simple as that Fail..............Fail........................Fail! The only part that was good were the old maps done by Crytek oh so long ago. And then with Ubisoft's help they flash and light in and out. Box game and should have stayed that way! Expand
  55. Apr 14, 2013
    I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I wish I had purchased it early so I could've enjoyed along with the majority of people. The journey you take as Jason is one of the most memorable single-player stories ever created; and sure, the shooting is great too. However, I wasn't satisfied with the console menus and Uplay launcher that I had to click through. If it wasn't for the sale, I would have definitely purchased the game through steam. Also, multiplayer was a neat little surprise too. Expand
  56. Jul 12, 2013
    This game is great, the history and the graphics are fantastic, and crafting system here is very clever, the open world is amazing too, but ubisoft has to optimize this game to make it more light, this game can be more heavy than crysis 3 or the witcher 2 and this game doesn't have better graphics than those games, the multiplayer is not working well and the single player has many errors. So Ubisoft you have done a great work with this game, but you have to work even harder to put the game working at 110%. :)
    Even with all these errors (on the pc version) i continue to give this game a 9 because he deserves it.
  57. Jan 6, 2013
    For me this is game of the year for sure. After disappointing games like Diablo 3 and Mass Effect 3 i did not expected much from Far Cry 3. The bigger surprise was when i started playing this game. Really great sand box experience with great combat system and many side quests. Single player got also really interesting story with great characters and pretty good endings (both of em). And that´s not all, there is also a multiplayer with Co-op. Expand
  58. Feb 20, 2013
    The game "itself" is nice, nice graphics, nice shooting, nice combat system.
    The "elimination" that let´s u to 1hko the enemies is cool. Also the possibility to use stealth and sniping for silent attacks instead of crazy shooting makes the game enjoyable...

So why a 6? well, cz the game is awesome... first 3-6 hours, depending on the time u recquire to understand the game just repeats
    itself once and again. The scenarios become quite familiar soon, cz in the end 90% of it is just random jungle. Missions and sidequest repeats themselves once and again, as said. So is fun for some shooting, but unless u´re qutie good at repeating the same tasks and re-play the same things over and over again, u may find urself tired of it.

So conclusion: is a good game, but u may feel tired and/or annoyed soon.
  59. Feb 22, 2014
    I liked this game better then Far Cry 2, Far Cry 2 was too repetitive always the same situation shoot the truck over and over, even though this game was still repetitive it wasn't as bad as Far Cry 2. Pros *Graphics were good, jungle looked realistic (if a little too bright) *I liked the skill system *Good music *Nice variety of weapons shooting the animals in cages to kill off the enemy's was enjoyable

Cons
    repetitive
    annoying animal quick time events
    game too short just 10 hours
    long bosses left me feeling sea sick
    the plane part where they attack from all sides was too difficult
    lastly animals taking 2 full magazines to kill even if aimed directly at their head was way too unrealistic

I rate this a 5
  60. Jan 9, 2013
    This is an overall well designed game with a couple annoying quirks. The graphics and presentation as you probably know by know was exceptionally done. The introduction into the game a la the first meeting with the first antagonist was very exciting, mainly due to the great voice acting. Throughout the game the main character talks, adding to the immersion sort of like Left 4 Dead 2 characters who mention something about the environment to push you forward in the right direction. However Phone calls can be annoying sometimes. Another issue is the crafting. Why was this necessary? It irked me that I had to go around finding animals just so I could carry more money or hold a reasonable amount of weapons. Not to mention the menus were very awkward to navigate. The story however was intense for the beginning of the game, but dropped off near the end. All in all I would recommend you play this game, if you are not the kind to flame over minor blemishes in an overall fantastic game. Expand
  61. Dec 30, 2012
    Having felt Far Cry 1 had poor gameplay and Far Cry 2 was tedious, I was kind of shocked to hear all the buzz about Far Cry 3 from others who were also lukewarm towards the first two games. Having played the game, it certainly deserves it. The plot is wonderful, scenery is beautiful, gameplay is organic, and acting and characters are some of the best I've ever seen. Both stealth and open combat are equally viable and well-executed. I also think it's a neat touch that Jasons character arch and skill truly bends as the player improves at the game. That said, I find there's little variety in the open world as compared to other big RPG's, and while the game is effective in showing Jason as a true bad ass by games end, the skill tree is still poorly balanced and leaves you running from two or three grunts early in the game and yawning when waves of heavies pose no threat by the end. Far Cry 3 isn't perfect, but it's worth buying if you like action RPG's or first person shooters. Expand
  62. Dec 30, 2012
    Rife with infuriating idiosyncrasies including goofy fall damage mechanic, terrible awful **** worst ever stealth kill mechanic which works maybe 40% of the time, and then there's the AI..... This doesn't even touch on how nauseatingly bad the story and characters are. I had absolutely 0 sympathy or desire to help the protagonist or his **** friends. This game would be been way better if you played as Vaas and had got to hunt the spoiled rich kids. And what kind of open world game doesn't let you kill whomever you please?!? Kill 3 civilians in a short period of time and the game punishes you with death. I wish I hadn't paid for this game. And Ubisoft and shove "UPlay" right back up their asses. Expand
  63. Feb 28, 2014
    Far Cry 4 got me hooked, great graphics and gameplay, absolutely no crashed or stuff ups and good value for money too. Unlike it's predecessor I found myself more involved with the game, the story and characters. The side quests were a waste of time for me anyway which lets it down.

9/10 Rubber cookies.
  64. Mar 23, 2013
    This game is really great and deserves its high ratings. Excellent story, good graphics and a solid survival part. Well at least in the first third of the game then you turn into a one man army which is biggest downside of the game and takes away a lot of the thrill you have in the beginning but besides it is a must have.
  65. Jul 4, 2013
    The Far Cry series is awesome, it's always been adventurous and always tried to be different from the normal games that were out at the time of their releases.
    But this one, I really can't say that, and that really brings it down. They tried to copy a CoD/Battlefield style of gunplay, and while it DID work well, it made the game a little less of it's own. They also got rid of a few things
    that brought me into the world of Far Cry 2 more than any other game. For one, the world was interactive, as if things could happen when you're not there. You could start brush fires that actually spread and burned lots of things. Now that's not to say this game has anything new, now the animals in the game attack AIs as if they were actual predators, where as before they did... nothing. Speaking of animals, I hated the way they used animal hides. I'm no schtickler, but I don't think making a wallet out of two different animal hides makes it hold any more.
    Well it's an okay game, and I would've put it at a 9/10 if it weren't in the Far Cry series.
  66. Feb 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wish people would stop calling this game "Skyrim with weapons". It's not "Skyrim with weapons", it's Farcry 3. Farcry 1 and 2 had the same open-world style, with weapons and they both came out before Skyrim...

Now that I've got that out the way, this game is amazing. It is super, super fun. The graphics are great, the story is cool, the beginning intro is refreshingly original, and the villian is by far the best villian since Vergil. I gave this game 8/10 because I have to discuss the flaws as well unfortunately.

1. The biggest flaw is, the game ends! Once you're done, the side missions aren't that interesting and not many people just treasure hunt to find secret things around the map. Face it, once you've completed the game and made pretty much every crafting upgrade there is, you really miss enemies and camp infiltrations.

2. I'm being a tad critical here, but did we really need that weird, trippy initiation fight against that black-cloud demon thing? I often wonder why games do this. DMC:Devil May Cry had a similar boss fight against a digital anchor-man it's tacky and just plain weird.

3. There are 2 endings but you have no option to replay the last segment just to choose the different option, you have to play the level from the beginning.

4. Boats are included but you rarely use them which is sad, because Assasin's Creed 3's Master&Commander ship missions quite wet my appetite for more naval combat.

5. The main character is rather...inconsistent. I say that because at the beginning of the game he freaks out at having to stab a guard in the neck, and by the end of the game he is some sort of neo-nazi hellbent on bloodlust without even a smidge of hesitation when around enemies. If you don't really care for realism then that shouldn't bother you, I just thought since the put so much effort into character development in the beginning, that it came across as a little rushed and lazy.

6. That's it, the rest of the game was amazing, the map is quite large if you don't use quick travel and there is stuff to keep you busy after you finish the game, but replaybility isn't quite there. You'll probably stop playing once you finish the game.
  67. Dec 7, 2012
    To begin I think this game looks great, plays just as well and offers a different experience from FC2 while maintaining the structure and environment. I like the way they've scripted the main character and helped the player feel more in-tune with the story. I also like the diversity of the wildlife and vehicles. I love the detail on the weapons as well as the bright, intense amazing looking reticules in the optics. This being said I have come to feel like asking for some changes after only the first few, however addicting, hours of gameplay. Firstly I definitely think a wider variety of weapons should be in order. Maybe you could buy a better knife? A spear gun? A crossbow? Throwing knives? Something! I also feel there could be more vehicles, not just ever so slight variations of the ones from the title's predecessor. Enemies all look the exact same which withdraws in a massive way the realism and immersive feeling. Like others have said enemies are terrible at spotting you. The animation of wildlife once they've engaged your character just look like something that's not even finished yet. The island does look the exact same everywhere you go as do shacks. All these points I'm making basically echo those above. I also cannot help but agree with everything positive and negative written about the game so far. Please take these things into consideration for future software updates. Don't let these negative observations distract you (the devs) from the fact that this is an excellent game overall. Expand
  68. Dec 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. almost perfect for me, just add an "inventory" menu for organizing the equipment so i don't need to go to safehouse for preparing for my adventure, erase the "get a free weapon when activating a radio tower" cuz it make the game too easy, and make the repair tool as equipment, not weapon (when inventory menu was added later) Expand
  69. Dec 14, 2012
    The game is OK.
    It lacks the depth that far cry 2 had and very quickly becomes repetitive. The graphics are OK, again compared to fc2 when that came out..disappointing. A lot of the things I liked from fc2 have been removed in favour of suiting child like play styles, which given the language in this game, leaves me confused.
    Then there's the storyline, some spoilt rich kid all of a
    sudden overnight learns how to skin animals, make rucksacks, ammo pouches etc, and is instantly proficient with any weapon he picks up! This IMO, makes it very hard to become the character.

That said, the driving is much better in this and then side missions can be fun, dragging you away from they monotamous repetitavness that is the main SL.

7/10 as at least is a relatively good game unlike most the dross released lately, just REALLY annoyed they dumbed the game down.
  70. Dec 20, 2012
    A game, that with a little bit more time and care, could have been a masterpiece. The game was eye-candy in the highest settings, the storyline was gripping and the character development of the protagonist was excellent. However the AI lacked, the game becomes lacklustre and cumbersome after the completion of the story line and I found that the unlocking of weapons / equipment was far too easy.
  71. Dec 21, 2012
    I like the way the game was set up, but I find it saddening that I can only play the game on a pc, and I believe that this game should also be for macs.
  72. Dec 25, 2012
    Ubisoft has done a great job with far cry 3. I'll throw in a few cons and pros of game. Pros: 1. Awesome Environment: The Jungle comes to life in Far cry 3, The Animals, Rivers, & Few populated areas are well executed. 2. Gripping Story line: Far Cry 3 comes in with one of the best story lines of 2012. And its gets on a personal level too. Vaas (Main Antagonist) Pushes our hero to the limits . 3. FC 3 Gave us One of the Best Characters of Video Game & That is Vaas. "Definition of Insanity" 4. Open Free World: If the gameplay was not enough for you. You've got plenty of area to discover and enemies to kill. with different levels of difficulties. 5. Combat system is pretty awesome too. You built your tree skill slowly and smartly as you progress into the game. CONS: 1. The ending of the game might not be that great. as the whole experience goes with the game. Though not that bad

2. Boss fights are a little bit let down. Boss fights are not that great. Would have worked in movie.. but not in games. 3. Couple of missions in the game were "Not Needed" actually. they game would be better off with out it. thought still fun. to play
  73. Dec 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view.
  74. Dec 26, 2012
    This game is not without it's flaws. The promises of "Skyrim with guns" were nonsense (the sidequests are nothing more than uninspired grind when compared to the breadth of subplots in Skyrim), the weapons are a little samey; you find yourself sticking with the same weapon-set throughout despite new weapons being thrown at you all of the time. Also, this game hasn't escaped the consolation effect of games lately, the GUI is giant sized and cluttered, you are constantly being notified of the main quest objective and game mechanics you worked out 30 hours ago, the engine is badly optimised (even for my aging 4870x2), the save system is fiddly and an open world game that barks at me for leaving the mission area is laughable.

That said there is a great deal to sing the praises of for this game. From opening cutscene to the 50th hour of exploration you find yourself in a beautiful, believable world. From your clueless friends and your sadistic enemies to the pirate complaining about gonorrhea and the hired merc just trying to earn a paycheck without taking a flaming arrow to the neck. Every character seems to be well thought out.

The combat is satisfying, challenging and engaging from long range to hand to hand. The takedowns are especially organic feeling. Where Deus Ex HR gives you the ability to takedown two foes at once at hand to hand Far Cry 3 lets you kill from below, from above, with a knife, even with your enemy's own knife/pistol/grenade. The combat is always satisfying despite the draw to pick them off from a distance with your supressed .50 calibre sniper rifle. I'm really undecided on the story and will avoid spoilers in this review. It's a tough balacing act between your protagonist's growth as a character, his own personal story and the wider impact of his actions on the world around him. The former was handled very well but I'm not so sure that the latter was as convincing. None the less the key characters are wonderfully conceived and ought to be up there amongst the most memorable of video gaming.

It's a polished experience and a great deal of fun. It hasn't the story arc of Half Life or the open world of Skyrim but it's one of the better games of 2012.
  75. Dec 27, 2012
    Bonjour,,,j'étais un peu sceptique, après le deuxième épisode de la saga Far cry....qui était , il faut le dire "ennuyeux"... et puis au fur et a mesure que l'on avance, que l'on comprend le principe....c'est carrément génial....même si qq imperfections dans le game play ....c'est pour moi le meilleur jeu de l'année 2012.....aucun jeu ne m'aura captivé a ce point cette année.....les décors sublimes, l'aventure et le scénario de cette histoire vous tient coller au clavier de votre Pc pendant des heures.....et la chasse au crocodile , ........dément.....la fouille des corps un peu long ...mais , achetez le ... ce jeu le mérite amplement....et nous savons tous que ce n'est pas toujours le cas.... Expand
  76. Dec 27, 2012
    Yeah, it's, uh... it's an aggravating game. It's just the PC version I'm going to be going at, and I'm quite frankly pissed off to see that, in retrospect, I bought $50 for a game that at first looks good, is glorified and ultimately -lives up to it's potential.- It's also super **** aggravating to play stealthily trying to capture bases just to have it all crumble on you because the AI is **** I've lost so many points, thousands, over how **** this AI is. I've died too many times to count because they crap out reinforcements relentlessly. The graphics are great, the gameplay is good, but I just can't get into it. What also annoys me is how many times I'm jumped by a damn tiger, leopard or boar, even a buffalo which had been shot in the face over five times with a semi-automatic shotgun. The game is a **** joke and I'm glad I've uninstalled it. Good jesus. Expand
  77. Dec 29, 2012
    Far Cry 3 is an average game at best for me, It claim it have open world element like Skyrim, which it does however it's still pretty linear best. I will make a lot of comparison with Skyrim since they both pretty similar.

If you like me, you will like to sneak, explore, craft, kill, leveling up and story line. The sneaking in Far Cry 3 in my honest opinion is excellent, it's almost the
    same as Skyrim but maybe easier since whenever someone somewhat looking for you, the indicator will tell you the direction he/she coming from. This makes the game incredibly easier and since the sneak kill reward you more experience with knife kills, it prob the better patch choice but be warn, it will make the game easier. I pretty much cover sneak, kill and leveling up at this point, you can go blazing your way down with guns and rocket launcher but you wont get as much experience that way. The weapons in this game you can achieve easily by controlling them radio tower or purchasing them, if they can put crafting recipe to make AK that will be awesome. One experience that satisfying however when i put land mine and throw stones next to it so enemy can get blown up.

Exploration and crafting probably one of the most important aspect in a open world game. I'm not a fan of collecting all collectibles or achievement in game or steam, I think of them as a gimmick that developer put to make the game more "interesting" or rich of "content", no offense to you guys who likes to do them. The game related exploration however is pretty dull, you can kill certain animals to get their hides or flowers to get their petals(I'm assuming) and craft them to make more extra pouch/bigger wallet, etc. This is a good idea however, after i played for an hour, i realized, i didn't even need them as i took the assassin route. You can use your "First-Aid" and upgrade them like you would do with your other skills thus making herbs/drugs pointless. The same goes with crafting pouches or wallet, if you stealth like person otherwise you do need to go out and hunt some hides to carry more stuffs.

The story in the game have to be good for me to keep me interested, I kid you not, i play CoD MW just for the story, putting that aside, i think the story is dull, the main character is prob the most annoying character in this game, he whine about cannot use gun etc at first then when he actually use it, he is a pro at it(depends on your skill of course). I find that annoying to listen to him and the way he act like Rambo in the end is laughable. There are other main characters that need your help, including the so call army called "rakyat" rakyat is people in Indonesian by the way, how do i know that? cause i am Indonesian. Overall, the story just not interesting enough for me to keep me interested, I just wanted to rush over and finish the game.

In conclusion, the game is ok but very limited content if you don't care about achievements/collectibles, game is easy enough as is, especially early game with stealth path, crafting drugs seems pointless and the character is just not interesting enough. In my opinion, this game not worth the full retail price, maybe wait for steam sale to get it.
  78. Dec 29, 2012
    I liked EVERYTHING about this game, great single player, really really fun Co-op mode (and challenging), great addictive multiplayer.

Some of features that I found really interesting are the Forgive/Punish at the end of each multiplayer match and the Farcry 3 outpost app, you can be at your work and still make progress in the game trough your smartphone, that was a genious strategy to
    keep the players attached to the game all day. Expand
  79. Feb 8, 2014
    Pretty good game, it would probably be 9/10 if it weren't for some techincal issues... Overall good story, plenty of action, gigantic world, spent almost 50 hours finishing this one, definitly recommended
  80. Dec 30, 2012
    very enjoyable fxpoghkjdx[gpodf[gpoh[pfgxh[cpok[pokb[fpokgf[xpnogf[pknpogkhb][polkn][pcbo]npokgng]cp[ojn]p[vob]cvp[o][pbok]bvp[o]cp[kn]p[obvn][pbkn]pv kn]cnk
  81. Dec 31, 2012
    I have heard talk about how this game is like "Skyrim with guns". But I thought to myself, 'Isn't that basically just the Fallout games?' and I could tell from some gameplay videos and screenshots that wasn't quite right. After playing it for a while myself now I would have to say that it has a lot of similarities with Skyrim, but I think I would say that it is more like Red Dead Redemption/Skyrim mix. Obtaining new weapons is not that hard, and neither is the AI. Though the AI is engaging enough that I enjoy both stealth and action encounters with them. The crafting is simple, Kill these, take their skin, voila! Though some animals take some skill to kill, and they all look beautifully done, it is a fun thing to do in the spare time of the game until you have crafted all of the items. Expand
  82. Dec 31, 2012
    A good open RPG/shooter game. Far Cry 3 really puts 'rail shooters' such as Call of Duty to shame, actually allowing players to choose how they're going to achieve their goal - are you going to sneak in, or go in with all guns blazing? It's down to the player's style of attack.

The story behind Far Cry 3 can seem unclear, but if you search around you can find-out how you ended up on the
    island - adding depth and further emotion behind the story. Upon completing the campaign you'll be left with your mouth open, asking for more.

There are only a few things that I can say against Far Cry 3, some of the side missions are either tediously slow and boring, I mean it's Far Cry 3, not Off-road Delivery Company Simulator. Some of the missions are almost impossible to complete on hard, but I guess that's my fault for looking for a challenge.

Overall a good game which has been inspired by other RPGs - such as Assassin's Creed. You'll keep coming back to it for a long time.
  83. Dec 31, 2012
    Okay this game is amazing probably in my top 10 this year. The visuals are great the game play great even the characters are great.This a game i would have even bought on release.
  84. Mar 29, 2013
    Awesome experience, very fun to play, it has been long time since i played a game that offers such a great solid story.. the main mission are amazing, they feel very dynamic and hyper, every mission there reaches the peak of the game, the feeling that you usually get at the end of a game is present in nearly every story-mission in Far cry 3, which makes the game much more fun and a lot less repetitive.. also the extrapolation and side missions are so much fun.. and the stealth Technics are surely splendid..
    The bad side the crafting system is very Tight.. i owned all the crafting recipes so fast in the game.. that all the hunting i did later was useless.. though i did still needed to expand my loot rucksack/wallet..etc even after they were fully expanded.. i also hoped they gave us a bigger chance to develop an emotional attachment with Jason's friends.. and they could have explored Vaas personality even more as well they were able to escalate the story much more through Vaas, which they didn't, but in the overall the game is hell fun, with so many great aspects.
  85. Jan 2, 2013
    I have decided to write a review now that I have completed the story. Reviews made from a few hours of the game are not accurate! First, I'd like to praise the graphics. It seems a little hit and miss, but most people, myself included, experience no problems. I was able to run the game on very high setting, and the visuals were breathtaking. The character models, animations, and voice acting was excellent. However, the voice acting for side missions seemed low-fi though. Onto content, the gameplay was enjoyable. I played on the highest difficulty because, as people have made blatantly apparent, the AI can look directly at you then forget about you the next second. However, the difficulty always forced me to remain creative and alert on missions. After multiple failures due to poor strategy, the succor of success was sweet. While the choices for assault never reached the complexity of games like Deus Ex: HR or Crysis 2, the game never left me disappointed when it came to combat. The saving grace here is the story. On the superficial level, the story looks pedantic and cliche. However, with a little critical thought, a complicated and deep struggle reveals itself. The dialogue of the main characters was amazing. The surreal sequences were breathtaking. After the end of the game I was left sad and conflicted as I tried to rationalize the web Ubisoft strung. Don't play this game if you're looking for difficulty, multiplayer, or skyrim-esque roleplaying. Play this game for the high quality singleplayer sequence. As a side note addressing the concerns over boring missions: the many non-essential missions are pretty short and unexciting. But the game still lies in the excellent main missions. I wish they would have added some relevant missions like in Deus Ex: HR.

Bottom line: Get the game.
  86. Jan 5, 2013
    At first Far Cry 3 seems like another hold-your-hand, 'consolized' PC shooter with the open world aspect thrown in. As you progress further all of this is removed which allows the game to thrive. I usually care very little for storys in games but this is an exception. I found myself completely engrossed into the events that took place and the characters, the game is able to synchronize you with the character you play as (Jason Brody). You share his reactions, emotions and feelings, it's that well done. Given this you can overlook the minor Skyrim-esque glitches and issues. Best game of 2012. Expand
  87. Jan 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. very good game tell the life of a guys who fell on an island and u live the amazing exprience throughout the whole game the game have a lot of great stuff to do u can hunt animals and alot of them !! u can drive cars or fly using gliders the game is so cool if ur a fps fan u will like and the game is way better than far cry 2 or 1 its really good and i give this cool game 9/10 Expand
  88. Jan 12, 2014
    Now that I replay this for the third time (the first 2 were on 360), I observe two things.
    That framerate does matter, as so the resolution. It is considerably better looking than the weaker console versions, but overall I would say that the experience is the same.

This is a huge game, with lots of fun to be had (you hear that FC2?) and it is every bit as enjoyable as I remember it.

The second thing I noticed is how bad the writing is. I didn't realise it the first two times but while the overall story is compelling, the actual characters (except from Vaas and Citra of course) are uninspired and really speak bad written lines. The side characters are all too forgetable and while I don't like the art style of this game much, technically the characters look all alike.

Thank god, I don't have to listen to them and I can go do lots of other activities,
  89. Jan 8, 2013
    I absolutely love this game it great visually and has an interesting story. It never seems repetitive, it overall is just a bucket load of fun and I think if you haven't played this yet then you are missing out on something really special.
  90. Feb 25, 2013
    Unbelievable this game has really set the standard for Graphics and gameplay, the AI actually works like an AI, if your stalking a deer for example, you may not know it but a tiger may be stalking you, its amazing, adds a real element of thrill, the characters and voice acting are exceptional, there are some real unique characters in this game, particularly the bad ones, they are not generic, its completely re-imagined and i love it Expand
  91. Jan 10, 2013
    Excellent game, a lot of attention was paid to detail. It's a very immersive experience, singleplayer is fun and you can spend hours exploring the island. Let alone completing story missions, hunting, crafting. Multiplayer was found to be pretty enjoyable as well. Could use some more maps however (and people!)
  92. Jan 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After playing far cry 2, I knew this game was going to be a big hit title once it hit the shelves in the gaming market.. Once I started playing the first missions of the game on the path of the warrior I was already enjoying the game almost instantly, The story line was excellent with the right balance of suspense and action that it made me feel like I was in a virtual novel which makes games like far cry 3 have that special effect on gamers to make them feel like their really their learning about the plot and the characters that are involved in that plot. The environment was lush and gorgeous that it seemed almost flawless without any mistakes whatsoever. Secondly, I love how the developers put in the skill system that can give your character many edges against the many enemies that you encounter in the environment in the game. The guns in the game fitted perfectly in the game because after all they seem the type of guns you will actually see being sold in the black market and in the hands in the pirates and the mercenaries that you will encounter throughout the game. There was no problem with the voice acting in the game therefore I have no problems there in that category.Co-op mode was something I was disappointed in the slightest to me its fun to play when you and your friends are having a gaming get-together. Overall it was a beautifully made game, but you know what they say.... their is no such thing as a game getting a perfect score. While playing the game I have encountered some few minor bug annoying problems with the game. First i would like to point out that aiming was very clunky if not shaking which really got me mildly irritated, Therefore i would recommend to lower some of the mouse sensitivity settings to the point where you think that problem never occurs with you while you are shooting. Secondly, i also found it hard to perform some of the certain take downs and also learning them. This problem i believe happens because the button key combos are not just all cramped together but also it had to be quickly executed before you lose the option of the certain take down that you want to perform. Last but not least, it made me extremely disappointed that Vaas gets killed first he should have been Hoyt because after all he was the one who killed Jason's brother Grant during the intro of the game and nearly killed Ollie, liza, Daisy, and Riley. One would think that Vaas would be the major antagonist in the story after all he is the first and major villian you meet at the beginning of the game, plus he is on the games cover which kinda makes you think he is the main bad guy. personally, Hoyt was nothing more than a minor character throughout half the story's plot even though he was sh*t disturber for pretty much all the island. Despite those minor issues I've seen in this game, it is an awesome game and it must a must-buy and should be in any gamer's collection of games. Expand
  93. Jan 10, 2013
    Farcry 3 was mildly addicting. Way better than farcry2 which was drab and boring. Crafting is simplistic and not all that great. The AI was probably the worst part of this game since they are just plain stupid. Graphics are nice, open world can be fun to explore until you control all the camps.. then it gets boring. stealth in the game is piss poor simply crouching in the grass conceals you from enemies which is kind of **** The animals out in the world are kind of neat, they attack enemies and you :). Vaas is probably the most entertaining character in the whole game, guy is just out right funny. The story of farcry 3 is decent but the gunplay is where this game really shines. The game is good length if you do all the missions/ side missions capture all the points you can put in some serious game time in. This is a must play IMO. Expand
  94. Jan 11, 2013
    I usually hate FPS games, especially singel FPS games but this one just bought me. The graphics are excellent for time beeing. The gameplay is amazing! has many features and things that change overtime. day/night cycle and hunting is also incredible. There were some parts that I think they could take out of the game. No game is perfect, but this gets my 9.0 score and a new user in metacritic just to rate this game.
    good job!
  95. Jan 23, 2013
    Very nice game with lots of things to do. Very good story, the kill side missions get repetitive very quickly, though all the other optional stuff are very fun. I liked the crafting system a lot but i feel the could have taken it a step further. Nice combat and a lot of fun abilities you can unlock. My major complain is that they could have exploited the jungle enviroment a little better, when i hear jungle what comes to mind is survival and this game didn't have that. Overall a much better game than the previous titles in the series! Recommended!!! Expand
  96. Jan 20, 2013
    This game has a great story, nice, warm and pleasant graphics. Which I do not understand why people say they are not so good and a great large map to explore and admire the islands. The single player at first seemed far to easy, you would be able to sneak past anyone without getting caught and it seemed highly unrealistic. However that issue soon became less as the story progressed and the enemies got challenging as well as the missions resulting in plenty of epic moments. The multiplayer is pretty average, not something special and not something to criticize although the co-op mode is lots of fun when playing with friends. The game does have lots of pros, but it has its rare cons too, mainly glitchy bugs. One bug I had came across a few times during a missions is when sometimes your AI teammate would get stuck on a object and jitter up and down, but eventually they would stop. The other problem I had noticed was the textures when it starts raining on the islands, the clouds would go black for 1 second and then to black rainy clouds. These bugs are not too bad at all and really does not affect the gameplay much at all, but it does prevent the game from turning into a perfect set. That is why 8/10 is a accurate score to give the game. Expand
  97. Mar 11, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a graphically amazing single player experience, with a story that's almost like the movies. Voice acting and motion capture like I've never ever seen it before. Wow! Gunplay, stealth and leveling were all to my liking as well, as was the map. I've played through it three times already, and I think I'll revisit it in the future. On the other hand, the inventory and crafting interface feels weird and clunky, and multiplayer is a disaster like I've never seen before. Non stop server migrations during games! Also, Uplay... Ubisoft's gaming "platform" that introduces a host of problems on it's own. If it weren't for the multiplayer and for UPlay, I'd give this a 10! Still, I recommend it because of some of the most unique experiences i've ever had in a pc game. Expand
  98. Jan 21, 2013
    An entertaining and well constructed open-world shooter, but it falls short in the same areas many games in this genre do. The guns feel great and the action is exciting and fast paced. Sneaking around and picking off the guards is a blast. If sneaking isn't your thing, then go in guns blazing or drive your vehicle covered in C4 into an outpost. Unfortunately, these options begin to play out the same after many encounters. There are other various side missions including assassinations, racing, hunting, and bar games. These provide plenty of time killing and offer upgrades to your weapons or strengths. The RPG piece of character growth is simple and suffices for the tasks at hand. This game will help play out an average story line. It's unlikely that someone will enjoy finishing 100% because everything gets very repetitive. All the camps are the same and the side missions are basically repeated over and over. In the end, it's a worthwhile gaming experience and provides a fun experience. Expand
  99. Jan 28, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is exactly what we should expect from every AAA title. The game has a solid story-line that is simple to follow but still intriguing, the game-play mechanics are smooth, with some nice abilities to spice things up, and the scenery is quite beautiful how ever repetitive making the latter parts of the game seem slightly less inspired. However, the main story mission and outpost captures all feel very unique and each present their own challenges keeping the game still feel fresh after 20 hours. I would highly recommend that all who have yet to play the game play on the harder difficulty when not doing story missions (this can be found in options while playing) or else you may feel too comfortable and unchallenged. Expand
  100. Jan 30, 2013
    This is a very average game. It definitely does not deserve the ratings it was given (especially being called 'Skyrim with guns'. The scenery is very beautiful, booming with biodiversity and luscious colors. The player action mechanics could have been polished a lot more, often I struggle to enter vehicles, door ways, and turrets. Its an open world, but the majority of it is not worth exploring. Your not going to be aimlessly walking around in hopes to find a secret area which will hold some awesome side quest, but instead you will be mostly likely driving/gliding/boating/fast travelling to your next main quest objective. Side quests are a joke as they are repeats of other challenges (hunt this animal, race to his area, kill this one guy in an enemy base). The main quests are the only thing you will want to be doing unless you are killing animals to upgrade your ammo pouches/syringe kits so you can survive the main quests. The main quests were fun in the beginning with the diversity in the formula (car chases, burning down pot fields, tripping on drugs), but after the first half of the game the formula seemed to narrow down to silently killing everything in a base, or fight waves of enemies until your ride gets you out. There's only two types of loot: leafs to make syringes, and things to sell for money (and I mean you literally have to sell them because they serve no other purpose). There is also collecting furs and skins to upgrade your pouches, but upgrading them to the necessary amount to survive the whole game can be done easily before continuing to the second mission. The story line was interesting and realistic for the most part, except for the tattoos, but I also liked that too (this part is all opinion based). The theme which is 'state of society to state of nature' I also liked as it was a new twist from most games. The leveling system was average. It can be best related to a borderlands skill tree. Many main characters often become a thing of the past as you advance through the game. TL;DR: the game is alright, has a lot of potential, but lacks a lot of diversity and does not deserve anywhere close to the ratings and hype they gave for it. Expand

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013