8.2

1. Oct 24, 2014
    First PC game for me to rate 9/10 in many years.

I first have to say that, at this point in 2014 most of the bugs are fixed and what's mentioned in bad reviews is fixed by now so you don't have to worry about technicalities. In short, it's a open world FPS game similar to Borderlands but with much less RPG elements and much more realistic tendencies. You start off as this very
    First PC game for me to rate 9/10 in many years.

In short, it's a open world FPS game similar to Borderlands but with much less RPG elements and much more realistic tendencies. You start off as this very vulnerable nobody, stuck in a jungle riddled with pirates and dangerous animals against your will with only knife and a pistol at your disposal. Combat realism is close to Crysis 3 but not as refined – as game progresses you become more powerful and thus combat becomes less realistic but more interesting and challenging. Overall, gameplay is unique and a fresh experience, once you get used to it, it’s very fun!

Story has an interesting set of antagonist but overall, it’s crap overall which is fitting for a FPS, they didn’t even bother to get emotional or anything, it’s basically just there to fulfill the gameplay. It is made up of interesting and challenging missions but often boring un-interruptible cut scenes. The main first antagonist, Vaas, could have been used much more but instead is just occasionally encountered – his appearance and (in my opinion fun) character was unexpectedly minor in the game.

Music is spectacular but rarely heard, only during action sequences, missions and occasional car radio (in game vehicles only seldom have radios).

Visuals are excellent but nothing spectacular, not even close to Crysis 3, which is expected due to its open-world nature and mild hardware requirements. If you had just finished Crysis 3 you’ll be very disappointed but game play makes up for it by far. Unfortunately, NVidia owners will experience small bugs and quirks quite often. There are also unusual FPS drops – switching to window mode and back into full screen (Alt+ENTER) fixes this, luckily it doesn’t happen often.

Gameplay is extremely fun combination of sneaking upon, going all Rambo on or avoiding enemies. It’s not as refined or realistic as Crysis 3 but it’s in my opinion more fun! It can get spooky, very exciting, fun and even quite funny at times. Game awards you a lot of points for being sneaky but you can easily finish the game in a very… um, explosive manner! If you opt out for Rambo style, game “awards” you by bringing reinforcements which means even more fun and more xp points. If you’re a stealthy assassin, game awards you extra points for various available methods of murdering enemies and staying undetected till the last enemy. You don’t have to pick just one style, there are three “skill trees” but if you play all side missions, quests and kill a lot of pirates, you can get easily all the skills. Small part of the game is made up of collecting herbs, items and such RPG style crap but time-wise it’s less than 2% of the gameplay.

The only serious criticism I have is the fact that you have to kill some animals to obtain things like a bigger loot sack. There’s even a side mission where you have to blow up “rabid” dogs with an RPG or kill a bunch with a flame thrower. Seriously? What’s next, killing ebola-infected babies with a flame thrower? Whoever made these missions is IMO a serious hazard to society. I understand if there’s an option to do something (e.g. you can murder children in some D&D games) but a mission dedicated to it is a whole new level of sick.
  2. Feb 1, 2014
    As a long-time fan of the Far Cry series I did what is usually a mistake: I got extremely hyped for this game to come out and set my expectations very high - which usually leads me to being very disappointing; well, that is completely NOT the case with Far Cry 3! This game is the definition of action (and insanity :D)!
    PROS:
    +The world is massive! If you read my reviews you already know
    PROS:
    +The world is massive! If you read my reviews you already know I go gaga over open world games.
    +This game has some of the best antagonists out of any other video game I have ever played! (The best villains would probably go to the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.)
    +Incredible voice acting! Like blow-your-face-out-the-back-of-your-head good voice acting!
    +The beginning of the game is extremely intense! You're constantly running from everything because you're weak and vulnerable (basically, you're a person) and you know a group of pirates or a single tiger can kill you - you get such a vivid painting of the terror of survival!
    +Related to the one above; this game executes the survival aspect superbly.
    +While it is reputation of Ubisoft to have cringe-worthy animations they do a really good job in FC3.
    +If you don't know already, you have the option to take over pirate camps - you have at least 3 ways to approach each base, so you can play your own style in this game - or even experiment with other play styles.
    +The story isn't incredible like lets say GTA V, or the Last of Us, but it is enjoyable and you'll remember it for a few years, maybe.
    CONS:
    -The story missions are linear. I don't know why they decided to do that, but they did: An example of this could be that when you take over a base you can do it half stealthy and half action, action, or stealth; the game in the missions supply you with an infamous yellow-bubble of linearness; this bubble makes you play the mission how it wants you to play the mission. Poor development choice if you ask me...
    -If you take over a pirate base they stop spawning in that area - which craps on the survival aspect the game does so well.
    Yes, yes, yes I would recommend this game to anyone - even if they don't like FPS games! It is so worth your money and if you don't have it, pick it up NOW!
  3. Oct 24, 2013
    Its a good shooter with a pretty good storyline. The only thing that I somewhat disliked was the money and animal skin grind. I got it on Steam for a great price with all the downloadable content. The ai could use some tweaking. The environment is stunning. With lots of side quests.Overall its a fun game that had me playing hour after hour.
  4. Oct 27, 2013
    One of the best games out there in the FPS line of games. I has a lot of play time and a great replay value. (one of the best ever for a FPS game) It has solid controls and Effing great graphics. the crafting is spot on and the AI is on the high side of decent. The Multiplayer is great! it even has its own map editor! but the Uplay crap gets VERY annoying at times. and it requires a PrettyOne of the best games out there in the FPS line of games. I has a lot of play time and a great replay value. (one of the best ever for a FPS game) It has solid controls and Effing great graphics. the crafting is spot on and the AI is on the high side of decent. The Multiplayer is great! it even has its own map editor! but the Uplay crap gets VERY annoying at times. and it requires a Pretty impressive CPU to run. 9/10 Expand
  5. Nov 1, 2013
    An absolutely stellar game full of open-world exploration, hunting, tons of fun and entertaining side missions. Some reviewer said that this is like the Skyrim of FarCry, and I can see why. It's just so much fun to hunt deadly animals in the jungle, and then use its skin to make your wallet and backpack bigger. This game has so much emphasis on the character development, it's absolutelyAn absolutely stellar game full of open-world exploration, hunting, tons of fun and entertaining side missions. Some reviewer said that this is like the Skyrim of FarCry, and I can see why. It's just so much fun to hunt deadly animals in the jungle, and then use its skin to make your wallet and backpack bigger. This game has so much emphasis on the character development, it's absolutely impossible to believe this game came from the same developers that made Far Cry 2, a game was about as characteristic as a rock. This game's also a lot more like Far Cry 1 than it is like Far Cry 2. So if you were a Far Cry 1 fan who was disappointed in FC2, this game might be more down your alley. Expand
  6. Nov 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't know, this game got some great reviews and is fairly popular, I'm just not on that bandwagon though.
    Lets start with the graphics, nothing to say against it here, except the terrible graphical glitches I couldn't get rid of such as grey boxes around some objects. Then there is the gameplay, it's way too repetitive and not that fun to be honest. Go to a camp, kill a bunch of guys in red, rinse and repeat.
    Some missions on the other hand were pretty awesome, such as burning a weed farm with an iconic song playing in the background, who cares that the mission was nearly impossible to successfully complete The main problem with this game, which resulted in a 20% drop in rating from me is the atrocious story. What is this crap? First I want to get off this island full of pirates, maniacs and lunatics and then I start helping one group of those lunatics against another group of lunatics in a fight for the island that I shouldn't give a crap about in the first place? And how the heck did I turn from a scared boy that had no experience with weapons into the ultimate killing machine? And the ending, no comment, slice the throat of my girlfriend and go have intercourse with a crazy shaman that ends up killing me, why even include such a stupid option in the game?
  7. Jan 10, 2014
    0 for having to login to the damn stupid Uplay system, and then having found the key is associated with some other Uplay account that was auto-created by a Ubisoft Beta game I had access to, so now I can't play the game I bought and paid for.
  8. Nov 17, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played.
    I did not expect it to be so good, I was expecting a linear, boring game play with a predictable ending but it was so good that I will play it again some time in the future.
  9. Jul 6, 2014
    Really enjoyed this game! Vaas Montenegro is one of my favourite evil video game characters of all time.
    The overall theme had the same flaw at first to storylines like Avatar - white man comes to save the natives - kinda offensive when you think about it. However, the ending turns this on it's head very well. Not going to give spoilers, but all is not what it seems.
    When it comes to
    When it comes to the ending, I honestly don't see what people were complaining about! I thought it was well played on the part of the writer.
    While fun, there were flaws to the gameplay itself - the AI was often a little buggy and I ended up with WAY too much money and loot very quickly!
    But overall it was a fun experience in a pretty setting. Giving this one a good score!
  10. Nov 22, 2013
    The graphics are absolutely amazing, I'm running a Radeon HD 7770 with settings on "Ultra". I'm a big fan of Far Cry 2 and these visuals are much more polished and photo realistic in my opinion. While this game does have RPG elements it is not Skyrim, and really shouldn't be compared to Skyrim. This is a shooter in an "open world jungle island" setting with a somewhat linear plot(whenThe graphics are absolutely amazing, I'm running a Radeon HD 7770 with settings on "Ultra". I'm a big fan of Far Cry 2 and these visuals are much more polished and photo realistic in my opinion. While this game does have RPG elements it is not Skyrim, and really shouldn't be compared to Skyrim. This is a shooter in an "open world jungle island" setting with a somewhat linear plot(when you're focusing on the plot). Compared to other shooters like COD and Bioshock the controls are very tight and responsive and do not disappoint. The weapons are nicely detailed and can be customized to fit your play style. The cookie cutter enemy pirates and taking over camp after camp can get be a bit repetitive, but you really have a lot of freedom to have fun with it. There are many interesting ways to take over an enemy camp, lots of freedom. The menu system can be rather maddening, mostly to do with mouse lag in menus(there may be a way to fix this but it hasn't bothered me to that point). The story isn't Oscar worthy but it definitely has it's awesome moments, cut scenes are well rendered and quite gorgeous. I haven't played much multiplayer but it seems very much like COD, I definitely need to find someone to do co-op missions with. Overall I think Ubisoft did a really good job with this one, I'm on my second play through and still having a blast. I'd highly recommend to anyone who enjoyed Deus Ex, Bioshock, Crysis, or even the recent GTA games. I do hate to compare it to other games though seeing as Far Cry has kinda become it's own genre. Expand
  11. Jan 4, 2014
    Far Cry 3, exceeded my expectations. The only problem I had with this game other than some of the boxes when going on a sloped surface is that after finishing the game I lost the will to play it again for a long time, even though I told myself I'll complete all the side-quests.
    The story is amazing and it truly makes you feel a part of it. You develop feelings for characters, for some you feel sorry, some make you laugh and some you admire. Even the antagonists are characters you feel for them.
    The open world and the ways you reveal it are a big part of the game and it pretty much scores it.
    From the little things like driving, crafting or gaining skills to the shooting and completing the game Far Cry 3 nails it.
    All I can say is that I highly recommend every shooter and campaign enthusiasts to get the game.
    Multiplayer is great but nothing too special.

I can't wait for Far Cry 4.
  12. Jan 10, 2014
    Never played the first 2 games. So this is a brand new experience to me. Far Cry 3 Is a very good game.
    The story is at the top of it's game with interesting characters and lets be honest one of the most memorable side villains of all time in gaming, Vaas his appearances in game were my favorite moments in the game.
    The Open World element is strong too. Vast Jungles to the Open seas make
    The Open World element is strong too. Vast Jungles to the Open seas make this the most entertaining FPS of the year.
    The Multiplayer was mediocre but some features shined such as the Game Ending Cinematics with the top 3 players of the winning team and the best player of the losing team, The 1st place player of the winning team chooses to Spare or Kill the losing player, which I found very funny also the map edit feature was excellent as well.

13. Dec 5, 2013
    This game was absolutely amazing there was a beautiful environment large crafting system wide selection of weaponry there were only a few bad things such as occasionally bad A.I the game got a bit TOO easy but that didn't spoil my love of this flawless game. I highly recommend this game!
  14. Dec 30, 2013
    If there is one thing I really like about games, its the ability to continue playing even after the story missions are complete. Far cry 3 gives you this in a number of ways, allowing you to have hours of fun after you play through the full story. Far cry 3 is a completely massive game, with pirate outposts, towns, wildlife, radio towers, memorable landmarks, temples, ect. The game feelsIf there is one thing I really like about games, its the ability to continue playing even after the story missions are complete. Far cry 3 gives you this in a number of ways, allowing you to have hours of fun after you play through the full story. Far cry 3 is a completely massive game, with pirate outposts, towns, wildlife, radio towers, memorable landmarks, temples, ect. The game feels alive, and sometimes when your just walking through the jungle your eye will catch a tiger chasing a goat, or a pack of dogs with rabies running down a deer. Or you might walk right into a little creek, then get jumped by a alligator. Little skirmishes between the jungle tribes are happening everywhere, and there is different types of side missions, that unlock as you liberate more pirate outposts. The more time you give into this game, the sweeter it is. Start liberating outposts, and your bulletin boards will fill up with work requests and side missions to entertain you further. Hunt animals for their hides, and you will be able to craft new gear and hostlers with the surprisingly deep crafting system, that allows you to upgrade your pouches and gear in a number of ways, craft a wallet to hold more money, or craft a fuel sling to be able to refill your flamethrower. Craft a extra weapon hostler to carry a sidearm if your a sniper-type player, or craft a rucksack if your the exploring, looting type. The story was good, and I''m not going to spoil anything, but it is a fairly mature story, with drugs, murdering, torture, ect. The gun-play is fun, and planning a strategy filled attack on a pirate outpost can provide endless fun, especially since there is virtually infinite ways to attack outposts, snipe people off with a sniper/assault rifle from a distance, go in with an LMG, screaming and throwing grenades at everything, or play it stealthily, with a silent but deadly recurve bow and a silenced sidearm. One other cool thing is that fire spreads, and that can result in some really fun to use tactics, such as smoking them out by tossing a molotov on the roof of the building, then blasting them away from the safety of a little sniper nest on the hill, or maybe waiting just outside with a shotgun.

I really enjoyed this game. 9.3/10.
  15. Dec 7, 2013
    Don't buy this game for multiplayer buy it for its awesome and intense single player campaign that has all the things you want for a first person shooter and open world game all on one disc
  16. Dec 9, 2013
    The game itself is addicting, the bugs however are the intervention. The game is legit a bug fest with frustrating game breaking issues that made me throw my hands up in the air and say eff it. When a game tells me to use the optimal settings (which are 1080p at max settings mind you) it should not look like its trying to drag itself out of a potato sack 3,000 miles to middle of nowhere.The game itself is addicting, the bugs however are the intervention. The game is legit a bug fest with frustrating game breaking issues that made me throw my hands up in the air and say eff it. When a game tells me to use the optimal settings (which are 1080p at max settings mind you) it should not look like its trying to drag itself out of a potato sack 3,000 miles to middle of nowhere. That's what the game does, drag out. I've hand multiple bugs, one of them looking like Missing-No from Pokemon Red and Blue Sprite popping up on my mini-map or textures. Long story short: THE GAME IS NOT READY AND WAS RELEASED WITH A NEST OF BUGS TO BREED OVER AND OVER AGAIN. FIX THIS GAME UBISOFT. Expand
  17. Mar 2, 2014
    A wonderful game.

Enjoyable missions, varied tasks, a good story, an emotional connection to characters, minimal "grind" or "walking simulation". On the whole, a satisfying ride that I'll probably come back to again to play all the way through.
  18. Dec 22, 2013
    This game is definitely one of the best/my favorite games of all time, I've spent countless hours playing this game all night leveling up, hunting, killing, and progressing through the amazing story.
    I give Far cry 3 an 10/10. I hope more people buy this masterpiece of a game to enjoy the same experiences I did.
  19. Dec 25, 2013
    By far the best single player shooter I have ever played. I have psent over 200 hours playing this game and feel like I have barely skimmed the surface. The mission are thrilling, suspensful and comedic at times too (like buring down marijuana fields with flamethrowers). The different islands are huge and there are so many animals to hunt, so many collectibles and so many things to unlockBy far the best single player shooter I have ever played. I have psent over 200 hours playing this game and feel like I have barely skimmed the surface. The mission are thrilling, suspensful and comedic at times too (like buring down marijuana fields with flamethrowers). The different islands are huge and there are so many animals to hunt, so many collectibles and so many things to unlock that one can barely ever finish this game. The characters are extremely memorable and the two big bad guys are frightening as well as completely mad. I was so drawn into thsi game that I played it for over 15 hours the first day I got it. the multiplayer is a blast aswell, and I spent many horus playing both with my friends and against them. YOU MUST BUY THIS, IT IS AS CLOSE TO PERFECTION AS A SHOOTER WILL EVER GET- Expand
  20. Dec 27, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was my favorite game from 2012. An open world game that gives you a ton of choice on how you want to approach different situations. The story is also a believable one as its main character, as the story progresses, begins to enjoy killing and satires all of the first person shooters where all you do is kill people. There are plenty of side missions, that include bounties andFar Cry 3 was my favorite game from 2012. An open world game that gives you a ton of choice on how you want to approach different situations. The story is also a believable one as its main character, as the story progresses, begins to enjoy killing and satires all of the first person shooters where all you do is kill people. There are plenty of side missions, that include bounties and hunting the wildlife on the island. There is a lot of satisfying content in Far Cry 3. Graphically the game is phenomenal and the game is at just the right length to where you'll never say to yourself "Ugh, when is this gonna end?" Overall, Far Cry 3 exceeded my expectations and any gamer would enjoy themselves playing it. Expand
  21. Dec 28, 2013
    One of the few single player game I've finished. Far Cry 3 offers a lot of freedom, but none i would spend too much time on. I found myself speeding through the main story-line, ignoring all the other content. The hunts, and quests were just icing on the cake, which didn't appeal to me, but did present itself in more variety to other players. There were many exciting moments that kept meOne of the few single player game I've finished. Far Cry 3 offers a lot of freedom, but none i would spend too much time on. I found myself speeding through the main story-line, ignoring all the other content. The hunts, and quests were just icing on the cake, which didn't appeal to me, but did present itself in more variety to other players. There were many exciting moments that kept me drawn into the game, but in the end, it was nothing to remarkable. Nonetheless, Far Cry 3 is still a good game in the most parts. Expand
  22. Dec 27, 2013
    I have to say between 2012- 2013 i have bought over 20 games from GTA 5, Skyrim, to rome total war 2. yet this is the only game that i feel has a proper finished feeling to it! yes graphics and story is all good, but what really makes it special is the originality of the close quarters combat, not even Skyrim is close to it, which one would expect after having developed 3 beforeI have to say between 2012- 2013 i have bought over 20 games from GTA 5, Skyrim, to rome total war 2. yet this is the only game that i feel has a proper finished feeling to it! yes graphics and story is all good, but what really makes it special is the originality of the close quarters combat, not even Skyrim is close to it, which one would expect after having developed 3 before daggerfall, morrowing and oblivion, for a CQC game skyrim fighting is bulkish at best and nowhere near as original as far cry 3, i spend most of my time trying original ways to clear camps using cqc and is one of the reasons that have motivated me to finish it for a third time on very hard. the last time i was motivated to do so in a game was metal gear snake eater! by far one of the most polished games of the last 2 years Expand
  23. Dec 31, 2013
    Seriously? Far Cry 3? More like Far Cry 2.5 with newer graphics and higher system requirements. I was really looking forward to this game after reading the reviews. Ah the memories of the original Far Cry where it was new and original. I thought, hey, maybe they changed it up a bit. NOPE. Same old, same old. Driving, or fast traveling, from place to place. Radio towers to get toSeriously? Far Cry 3? More like Far Cry 2.5 with newer graphics and higher system requirements. I was really looking forward to this game after reading the reviews. Ah the memories of the original Far Cry where it was new and original. I thought, hey, maybe they changed it up a bit. NOPE. Same old, same old. Driving, or fast traveling, from place to place. Radio towers to get to and sabotage. Repetitive missions. Hang gliding, zip lining. BORING. Same clunky weapons buying and upgrade system. Now need to craft bigger wallets, weapons belts, etc... So they mixed in Skyrim RPG elements of crafting into a FPS style game? And not only that, did it in a poor design? Running around killing animals located who knows where to make a new belt? Who thought up that horrible idea? I'd rather you have to find, or kill someone, to get that new weapon, or upgrade rather then swim around with sharks to make what I need. This game stinks.

Pros: Great graphics. Got it for $29 on sale at Target. Thank god I didn't pay full price. If you haven't played 1 or 2, then you'll find it a good game. If you've played either, then there is nothing new to see here.

Cons: Everything. Nothing fresh, nothing new. A game can't get by on looks alone. I don't mind game sequels, and some are great. However, this is just a dressed up, new version of what got boring and old in Far Cry 2.

Conclusion: I wish I hadn't spent $29 on this dung heap. Maybe a Steam sale at $7 or something, and just playing it to see the graphics and experiment if you were going to like the game and I'd be Okay with it. However, it is simply a terrible rehash of what is now a series that either needs a complete reboot or simply to go away.
  24. Jan 3, 2014
    An way better experience than Far Cry 2
    Beautiful graphics great story and an whole tropical island for you
    It's an really great game and it deserves to be played
  25. Jan 3, 2014
    Having played Far Cry 2 and getting bored before finishing it, I wasn't sure whether it was worth playing this, but it was on steam for 5 quid and a friend told me it was much better. He was totally right!! I really enjoyed playing through this game and even once the story missions was over I wanted to continue, which is rare for me.

I think the main improvements on the last game (which

I think the main improvements on the last game (which I can't remember all that well tbh) are the emphasis on hunting and crafting items and the storyline which I thought was strong if a little far fetched, but hey, we don't always play games/watch TV/read for realism anyway. I thought the voice acting was good especially from the various antagonists. Graphics as with FC2 are very good and ran well on my mid level machine after quite a bit of tweaking.

My main criticism of this game was no proper support for playing with both gamepad mouse and keyboard as driving is a right pain with the keyboard and I like to have the option when not engaged in combat to choose between the two (helps with the RSI's lol). The only reason I can think why they did this is because of the use of prompts throughout the game. Anyway I found a WORK AROUND of sorts which was to set it to gamepad (I used a wireless 360) and when I switched it off it automatically switched to mouse and keys, and back again when I switched back on. You'd think it would have been easy enough to automatically switch the prompts to the last input device used on the fly, right!?

If you're going to play this make sure you spend a good chunk of time early on, hunting, crafting, and capturing radio towers (unlocks weapons as well as maps). Also make use of the camera when preparing to raid a camp as it make life a lot easier, as do some of the syringes.

I'm giving this a 9 but it's probably more like 8.6

Funniest/Most disturbing moment of the game "You know...I never thought I'd be able to kill someone. The first time, it felt wrong. Which is good, right? But now...it feels like winning."

Probably gonna do some more "winning" on FC3 Blood dragon next or maybe Skyrim which I just got for dirt cheap off steam as well. Happy days :D
  26. Jan 5, 2014
    Only one thing, Incredible Certainly one of my favourite game.. Great grapichs, great story line and most of all great characters.. Pretty fun also the editor mod
  27. Apr 8, 2014
    Two main reason I dropped this game:
    1. Cheap and exhausting interface, either the developer team is dumb or barely put any effort into it.
    Two main reason I dropped this game:
    2. Buggy, specially terrain reference... You're going to constantly stumbled unto some pebbles or terrain layer joints and have to jump over or press dash button again. Needless to say, it's annoying as hell when you have to deal such a thing in the heat of a battle. Other things like game broken bug - I encountered 2 place that get you stuck during one Monkey mission in the temple area. And finally a total blackout for no reason during a strong hold capture. Have those Ubi staff ever test play their f*cking **** Have they put the money supposed to go to the quality administration to make more promoting videos?
  28. Jun 23, 2014
    Maybe my expectations are low. But I was looking for a new kind of game and I found it. I hate hard games where you get stuck, but Far Cry is hard enough. I hate games that are repetitive and require saves and loads and dying. Worse like Dues Ex you have to remember when you saved it and what you did so you don't do it again or miss something (otherwise Dues Ex is great!) Far Cry is theMaybe my expectations are low. But I was looking for a new kind of game and I found it. I hate hard games where you get stuck, but Far Cry is hard enough. I hate games that are repetitive and require saves and loads and dying. Worse like Dues Ex you have to remember when you saved it and what you did so you don't do it again or miss something (otherwise Dues Ex is great!) Far Cry is the right mixture of RPG and action. I don't like pure action and I don't like RPG's but this combo is excellent. I have found no bugs. It hasn't crashed on me. It runs smoothly. The enemy are as intelligent as they need to be. . I can't give it 10 because maybe Far Cry 4 will be better and I wont know how to score it... How anybody can give it less than 5 I really don't know. Expand
  29. Jun 27, 2014
    Far Cry 3. A little while back I reviewed Far Cry 2, the prequel to this game. I thought it was a little underrated, and I thought Far Cry 1 was overrated. Most people disliked Far Cry 2 because of its meh story and realism, but I loved the game for those reasons, and I thought it was definitely worth playing. As for Far Cry 1, I thought it was little more than a tech demo for theFar Cry 3. A little while back I reviewed Far Cry 2, the prequel to this game. I thought it was a little underrated, and I thought Far Cry 1 was overrated. Most people disliked Far Cry 2 because of its meh story and realism, but I loved the game for those reasons, and I thought it was definitely worth playing. As for Far Cry 1, I thought it was little more than a tech demo for the first Crysis. Now I have played Far Cry 3, which takes the game's setting away from Africa, and back to the tropical island type of setting from Far Cry 1. However, it still retains most if not all of the open world freedom of Far Cry 2, and gets rid of most of the realism, and provides a better story. So, is this tropical island a paradise that you will spend hours getting lost in, or is Far Cry 2 still the superior Far Cry game? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is slightly different from its predecessor. Yes, it is still a first-person shooter, and there is still an open world for you to explore, just like the last game. However, this game is slightly different because the game mechanics have been greatly improved. For those of you who were unhappy with the stealth mechanics of Far Cry 2, your prayers have been answered. Stealth is emphasized much more in this game than it was in the last game. It is now much easier to kill enemies quietly when they're not looking. Another improvement this game made on the last one is the inclusion of perks and skill trees. Perks give your character more power, and the more perks you have, the more will be available later on in the game. The skill trees in this game make this game have elements of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout in it, which is always a nice touch, as the perks in both of the former made the games much more enjoyable. The open world has also been improved. There is now much more to do than ever in Far Cry 3. You can assault enemy outposts however you want, help natives on certain quests, and play mini games such as poker and knife throwing. Of course there are also story missions, which have been improved from Far Cry 2, thanks to the game now having a much easier story to follow. Because you can approach this game's missions however you please, the game is much more enjoyable. Stealthy players will find plenty of options to hide in the shadows, and kill enemies. Long range players will be able to use sniper rifles to pick off enemies from a distance. Players who just like to charge in guns blazing will be able to do that too. The AI is also a challenge in this game. The enemies know how to alert allies if you are attacking them, and they also use cover very effectively. This game's AI is among the best I have ever seen in a video game. Even on the easiest difficulty I died several times because of this game's advanced A.I. As for problems with the gameplay, there really aren't very many at all. The only minor gripe I have with the gameplay is that there are a few bugs, but these bugs are few and far between. This game is insanely fun to play no matter how you decide to play it. As for the graphics, I think Crysis has lost its majesty as the best looking PC game I have ever played. This game just barely beats the original Crysis in terms of graphics. Far Cry 3 is a beautiful looking game. Everything in this game is rich with detail, looks very colorful, and looks realistic to boot. The graphics of this game have won my award for the best graphics ever seen in a video game. As for the story, it has also been improved. It may not be as good as some other stories I have seen in video games, but it is still an improvement over Far Cry 2's bland and boring story. You play as a man named Jason Brody, who has to rescue his friends from a band of pirates and mercenaries led by two insane evil men. This time, the premise is good, the characters are well developed, and the plot is smoother and easier to follow than the previous game. The story of this game is fantastic, even though it's not quite as good as other titles. Overall, this game is fantastic. It is a huge improvement over Far Cry 2, as it improved on just about everything that made Far Cry 2 such a great game. I recommend this title to just about anyone who wants to play a video game. Unless of course, they are offended by some of this game's mature content.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 9/10
    Overall: 10/10
  30. Jan 28, 2014
    The best gaming experience I have ever had. The game is so good. Perfect graphics, amazing gameplay and an open world. Feel free to have fun! Best game ever!
  31. Mar 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great all-round game, but not without it's flaws. For example, the gameplay is great, the crafting fantastic, but the game seemed to get stale after a while for me (however I am used to the replayability of Skyrim). Also, there is some scenes incorporated that I wish had been left out (the Cirta boob scene for example): they're simply unnecessary for the storyline. So, an 80%, then. Expand
  32. Feb 5, 2014
    This game is full of **** I don;t know where to start. In short, the only thing great is the graphics.

The map is huge, but tedious to travel around, especially at early stages of the game, when every few seconds a car full of enemies will pass by wherever you're at. If you decide to fight them, its an endless fight because they somehow keep spawning like rabbits. The animals are even tougher, as they are immune to headshots, which is a **** joke.

The looting system is crap. The hitbox for detecting the bodies is incredibly small, I practically have to be kissing the body to loot it. And even if I am pointing my crosshair at the body, the indicator is to loot the gun instead. And whats with all the 'hold button x' to do this or do that? If they are so afraid of us misclicking stuff, I cant count the times I mis-looted a weapon instead of a body.

The stealth is **** They cant see me crouching in the open, but can detect me even though I'm hiding behind a huge tree that completely blocks line of sight. Enemies can see through walls to detect dead bodies, instantly detects me when I make a sound by melee-ing the animal cage (was testing if i could melee to break the cage). Said cage was inside a vacant building.

Another stupid feature is the drag corpse perk. Its already stupid enough that jason has to learn how to move a corpse, the whole mechanic is just clumsy and ****ty. If you have played any decent stealth game like Dishonored or AC, you will know what I mean. In these games, you can just pick up the body, move and drop it anywhere. Here? You can only drag it like a **** while moving backwards, and the best part is, you cant even pick it up again if u drop it.

The story is laughable too. 19 year old party boy becomes a master of guerrilla warfare in less then 30 minutes. Side quests are boring and restrictive too. Stuff like restricting weapon required to kill with and the failing quests if moving out of area is just stupid and nowhere near Skyrim-like. To mention this **** game in the same breath as Skyrim is just insulting to the TES game.
  33. Mar 26, 2014
    +Impressive Stealth
    +Weapon Customisation is a Lot of Fun to Use
    + Hunting Animals are Fun
    The Cons -
    - Vaas needed more screen time
    - Boss Battles are Quick Time Events

Overall Verdict -
    9/10 Incredible
  34. Feb 20, 2014
    As a fat gay dad, I really enjoyed this game. The weapons are varied and the stealth is well realised. You can run over wildlife in this game. No penises or obese women.
  35. Oct 5, 2014
    Pretty good game, specially with a good PC as most of the views of the island are beautiful at high definition rate.
    This game is a classic but good FPS to play with.
    Do not hesitate when you see special offers for this game.
  36. Aug 7, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece. I'm not a big fan of shooters, but this one... well, after long day at work I sit to this game and I just have FUN. A lot of great fun. This is a briliant mix of relaxing shooting and funny exploring. Always something to do. Many nice weapons, very good graphic, nice story. Many options which absorb You totally. This game is a MUST HAVE for everyone who like a good fun.
  37. Feb 23, 2014
    Very satisfying combat, but it gets boring when every outpost attack is the same. The story is pretty lame really, and all of the characters in the little side-quests are totally boring and I wish I could skip the dialogue. The feeling is this is somewhere between the Just Cause series, where the plot doesn't really matter and it's just a ton of fun to cause chaos on the island, andVery satisfying combat, but it gets boring when every outpost attack is the same. The story is pretty lame really, and all of the characters in the little side-quests are totally boring and I wish I could skip the dialogue. The feeling is this is somewhere between the Just Cause series, where the plot doesn't really matter and it's just a ton of fun to cause chaos on the island, and something more serious like Skyrim where the story is pretty deep and enjoyable. Expand
  38. Mar 19, 2014
    It does nothing you haven't seen in 1000 other Games already! And I'm so sick of always the same crap only with a ne environment and new people! It's not an 0 but the score is definitely to high!! It has amazing grafics, but the boring gameplay ruins that all! All you do in quests is shoot yourself through dozens of ever the same (lame!) enemys, defend a position when a partner is workingIt does nothing you haven't seen in 1000 other Games already! And I'm so sick of always the same crap only with a ne environment and new people! It's not an 0 but the score is definitely to high!! It has amazing grafics, but the boring gameplay ruins that all! All you do in quests is shoot yourself through dozens of ever the same (lame!) enemys, defend a position when a partner is working and take the nearest car and drive somewhere!! Expand
  39. Mar 2, 2014
    farcry 3 is like jurasic park expect you dont kill dinosuars . it is amazing and it is breathtaking and the best adventure creating the most epic brilliant game ever .
  40. Apr 23, 2014
    Shooters besides open-world games should be taken somewhat 50 hours usually from me to involve over an experience. Far Cry 3 doesn't seem so much like 'fictional'-- [Impressive] Far Cry 3 nails to 'reality', 'Fun' rather than 'fiction' which is most likely joy and valid to anyone.
  41. Apr 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off the story completely ruined this for me! The main character Jason brody was one of the worst choices they could have made for a one man wrecking machine(rambo on steroids).
    His brother would have been a much better choice for the main character looking to avenge his brothers death as well as save his remaining friends.
    But even then it would not be very believable/great story but i could at least stomach it.
    Game play is great for me,guns all feel great and sound great.
    graphics are not crysis 3 but very good nonetheless and i wanted to add that it should be mandatory that all games include a music volume not just a on/off mode!
    I liked the backing audio BUT it was too loud at parts making it very distracting and annoying,
    My best advice is for everyone reading this to not take my word for it or anyone elses that reviews a game or whatever but just try it yourself.
    I have found from reading reviews it is a waste of time, many time i have loved a game even though the majority said it sucked and of course the opposite has happened as well, i hated the game but it was a best seller and high rated game :/
    It all comes down to your own personal feelings and thoughts about any game because what i like you may not and what i hate you may love?
    That's what makes up each individuals,we can't all like the same exact things thats just the way it is.
  42. Mar 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best game I have played and I think that many people also liked it
    because the game has a good plot and a beautiful graphics similar to Crysis 3.
    I have rated this game on 9 because I saw some bugs for example: when I was
    bitten by shark, protagonist began to pull the bullet out of the hand. Another
    reason why you must play this game, it is the antagonist Vaas Montenegro
    (leader of the pirates). He is cruel and unpredictable also he is always
    swearing. Despite small disadvantages the game is interesting and very colorful.
  43. Dec 3, 2014
    I had high hopes for this game, I didn't like the 2nd one, but the first one was something new and lots of fun. This one on the other hand started ok, but then it turned out to be repetitive, and I got bored tbh, even if I tried and tried to keep going. Graphics are great, hate the vanishing stuff and I had some performance issues. Can't say it's a bad game as I didn't beat it, butI had high hopes for this game, I didn't like the 2nd one, but the first one was something new and lots of fun. This one on the other hand started ok, but then it turned out to be repetitive, and I got bored tbh, even if I tried and tried to keep going. Graphics are great, hate the vanishing stuff and I had some performance issues. Can't say it's a bad game as I didn't beat it, but definitely not my type of games, and I love open world FPS. Expand
  44. Mar 12, 2014
    Awesome game with an impressive open world; Lots of opportunities for wandering. A nice plot and well-made side missions. Far Cry3 is a perfect game. Salute to Ubisoft!
  45. Mar 13, 2014
    This is possibly one of the worst written and acted games I have EVER played. The voice acting is so cringe worthy and atrocious that you will end up rooting for the bad guys to kill your character. The combat is much too easy with every human enemy dying in one or two rounds (or arrows) and animals being slightly harder. The graphics are the only thing worth giving a plus for, as the gameThis is possibly one of the worst written and acted games I have EVER played. The voice acting is so cringe worthy and atrocious that you will end up rooting for the bad guys to kill your character. The combat is much too easy with every human enemy dying in one or two rounds (or arrows) and animals being slightly harder. The graphics are the only thing worth giving a plus for, as the game drags on way too long with the dumbest story you will ever experience. A spoiled rich kid with a prepubescent voice killing off pirates that the local militia apparently aren't capable of. The weapons can all be obtained within a couple of hours as money is everywhere, and the Assassins Creed like radio towers provide them for free. On top of that, the game crashes every two hours without giving you a hint as to why. It makes me wonder if the professional critics played the same game as I did.

I give it two points for the graphics, but that is honestly the only redeemable thing about it. The experience was just loathsome, especially the voice acting will make you want to stop playing as soon as anyone talks.
  46. Jun 2, 2014
    Definitely get this game if it is on sale for $20 or under, it's packed full of great stealth sequences which are fluid and rewarding, a skill tree packed with innovative and useful perks, excellent gunplay with a medley of interesting weapons, all allowing for your own unique playstyle(burn your enemy out with molotovs, flare guns or flamethrowers, or carefully snipe your enemy with bowsDefinitely get this game if it is on sale for $20 or under, it's packed full of great stealth sequences which are fluid and rewarding, a skill tree packed with innovative and useful perks, excellent gunplay with a medley of interesting weapons, all allowing for your own unique playstyle(burn your enemy out with molotovs, flare guns or flamethrowers, or carefully snipe your enemy with bows and snipers, or even go full out rambo with LMGs and shotguns), and a great, subversive story which isn't so much about a white American stoner going to an island and killing lots of people, as it is about the true cost and insanity of living in a fantasy world and thinking that killing lots of people is a wonderful thing. Some people claim that halfway through the game, it loses its pacing, but for me personally, I think that all the characters are strong enough to keep on carrying the story forward in an engaging fashion, and even if they don't, then the gameplay always feels novel as you experiment with the wide range of guns, takedown techniques, and playstyles to become the ultimate hunter. Expand
  47. Oct 31, 2014
    OK, Ubisoft, please answer me this : WHY ARE THE CUTSCENES NOT SKIPPABLE ?!?! Why do I have to sit and wait for X minutes and cannot just skip the boring lame animatios ?! The story really really sux, otherwise I would give it much higher score, but I could not even finish the game because I became allergic to the stupid boring cutscenes !!!!
  48. Mar 16, 2014
    is the best shooter I ve ever played. I enjoy every mission. the voices and movement of characters are very good. there s no words to describe how good this game is...
  49. Mar 31, 2014
    just played first few missions or something, stopped at the mission repairing some boat or something. cant save my game though, maybe some bull-leavings glitch. didnt even bother to fix it cause the game is crap. graphics is scum of the earth for a game with lots of reputation. even the boring farcry 2 have stunning graphics though. this one is like you put farcry 1 in the toilet and youjust played first few missions or something, stopped at the mission repairing some boat or something. cant save my game though, maybe some bull-leavings glitch. didnt even bother to fix it cause the game is crap. graphics is scum of the earth for a game with lots of reputation. even the boring farcry 2 have stunning graphics though. this one is like you put farcry 1 in the toilet and you flush it and what comes out of the drain is farcry 3. TADAAAA!!! the island setting in farcry 3 is.... well, i dint like it. farcry 1 island setting is better though (cause it didnt get flushed out of the toilet, if you know what i mean). dont get me wrong, i like **** urmmmm, i mean beaches. but only in REAL LIFE not in games. only **** are fun in games and real life (maybe the developers are mistaken on this fact). thats all, i rate this bae on my enterained level. no offence to this game but this s the only fun i get from it. Expand
  50. Apr 6, 2014
    Great and fun game but it's too short! i would give a higher score if the story was longer, but i still love it! I hope the next game has a longer story ;)
  51. Nov 5, 2014
    I really don't know what it is that makes this game so great. From the outset, it's mediocre first person shooter with RPG like elements added in. But once played,it seems all too much more. I mean,before I get onto the actual gameplay, let's just get a few things over with. For one, the game looks better then God. Really, the game is amazing. I fell over and went unconscious for a fewI really don't know what it is that makes this game so great. From the outset, it's mediocre first person shooter with RPG like elements added in. But once played,it seems all too much more. I mean,before I get onto the actual gameplay, let's just get a few things over with. For one, the game looks better then God. Really, the game is amazing. I fell over and went unconscious for a few minutes the first time I climbed the radio tower in the starters zone. Also, the game has a pretty good story. It's a bit cliché, yes,but all the characters are likable,or hateable depending.

With all that nonsense outta the way,let's get into gameplay. It's amazing. It's vastly improved over the previous iterations,but that's not really the thing here. Jason can wield any number of rifles,snottys, RPGs,or even a bow if you so desire, and each one is unique and satisfying. Shooting and stabbing your way through enemies is great,top. But that's not the draw. The draw here is freedom. With the exeption of a few missions,you take on missions however you desire. Grab an RPG,C4, and a LMG, and play Rambo. Go through the bushes with a silent sniper. Grab a bow. Play how you want.
  52. Apr 20, 2014
    I really enjoy games with this type of open world environment that you can explore and also do this in the order you feel like is the most fun, The graphics of the game and how smooth it runs is just amazing.
    I Also enjoyed the story alot!!
  53. Apr 28, 2014
    this Is the best game ever....Best Fps...and amazing and stunning graphics....This is not a regular Fps like COD..If Unique and different with an interesting story...Definitely the best game of 2012
  54. May 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jason Brody was never meant to be a killer, from the moment player’s step into his shoes Jason is scared and horror stricken as he watches his brother murder to try and liberate them from the pirates. Soon afterwards his brother is murdered by Vaas, the pirate leader who’s kidnapped his friends and family, alone and frightened Jason is taken in by the villagers who call this island home after narrowly escaping from the pirates.
    The tone of Far Cry 3 is set now, the game is dark and bleak, making players reconsider their own morals on violence. Jason doesn’t start off right away as wanting revenge, he simply wants to save his younger brother Riley and his friends. The power he feels every time he takes down an enemy is intoxicating, he enjoys it. An insecure young man now finds himself with a purpose, even telling another shell shocked friend that killing feels “like winning”.
    The game immerses you instantly, with splendid voice acting, Vaas gets inside the player’s head, questioning the insanity and futileness of never being able to kill the player. Through hallucinations and cut scenes the players discover the chill inducing similarities between Jason and Vaas. Causing the question to arise of whether or not the choices Jason makes can be considered morally right. The game brings forth the question, how far are you willing to go for those you care for? And what kind of person will you be after making those decisions?
    This lead to the moral dilemma of whether to go mass killing sprees to take over pirate bases, this is not necessary to further the plotline but is incredibly helpful to the player. Providing experience the more people that Jason kills the better he becomes earning experiences that can be used to buy upgrades to better handle weapons and fight. The bases also provide places for the player to sell goods and buy more supplies to further them along, taking over more bases also allows for new weapons to be unlocked that are incredibly powerful.
    Loss of control is the central theme moving the story along, from seeing the unhinged Vaas snapping at Jason and falling over the edge into insanity. Jason’s friends are shown to be unhinged or having completely lost it after days of torture. Jason is no exception from this, the man who once whimpered at the idea of someone being killed has now come to enjoy the slaughter, and it feels like winning after all.
    Not only for Jason but for the player as well, as Jason is developed and his transition from average civilian to ruthless killer, the player transitions with him. As the player progresses they can find ways they are most comfortable with in order to gain the most experience as well as having the game become easier as they upgrade. Being able to shoot open pens to have locked up tigers and bears attack pirates for you and allow you to take over the bases quicker can be a thrilling experience. The opportunity to cause raw chaos is invigorating, and why not throw in a Molotov while the base is in a panic? Nothing quite as fear inducing as a flaming bear coming right for your face. Feels like winning indeed.
    Far Cry 3 is a first person shooter that treats its characters and player for what they are, people with consciousness and their own moral standing. Should mass shooter games really be this enjoyable? Should the amount of violence and chaos seen be so naturally addictive to create? Maybe not, but it is.
  55. Nov 23, 2014
    The game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minorThe game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minor inconveniences with crafting and having to bounce back and forth for components, this is a beautiful game. It would get an 8.5 if it didn't lag with a beefy videocard. Expand
  56. May 28, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.0 Gameplay: 9.0 Fun/Story: 9.2

Much better than far cry 2. It´s quality is like the first one and and these are good news. Graphics are amazing.
  57. Sep 16, 2014
    An amazing game, really fun to play, and with outstanding graphics. The controls are really enjoyable, and the history has some flaws, but Vaas character is simply one of the best villains of all game history.
  58. May 31, 2014
    The game is a lot of fun from times to times. The island world is really beautiful and the cut scenes and npc acting is so great that it some times feels like beeing in a movie. The down side is that the island istoo crowded with enemy NPC:s (which consists of animals and guerilla warriors). You can't go any 100 meters in any direction without bumping in to a fight with something whichThe game is a lot of fun from times to times. The island world is really beautiful and the cut scenes and npc acting is so great that it some times feels like beeing in a movie. The down side is that the island istoo crowded with enemy NPC:s (which consists of animals and guerilla warriors). You can't go any 100 meters in any direction without bumping in to a fight with something which destroys the flow that the game could have had.
    The multiplyer of the game is good but generic.
  59. Aug 8, 2014
    Forget about the boring Africa, and welcome to a wonderful tropical island called Rook. Now, it is time for you to become Jason Brody, and learn the survival skills in the jungle, face with many dangerous species, and make some awesome takedowns on the pirates. Far Cry 3 has everything you've could dreamed of. Wonderful gameplay with detail, large open world, stunning graphic, deep, greatForget about the boring Africa, and welcome to a wonderful tropical island called Rook. Now, it is time for you to become Jason Brody, and learn the survival skills in the jungle, face with many dangerous species, and make some awesome takedowns on the pirates. Far Cry 3 has everything you've could dreamed of. Wonderful gameplay with detail, large open world, stunning graphic, deep, great story and amazing voice acting (at least for the main characters). But remember, just stick to the singleplay, or you'll kill everything that Far Cry 3's built in your heart with uninspiring multiplayer and a ridiculous co-op. Expand
  60. Jun 24, 2014
    This game is amazingly fun and incredible addictive but also there are few weaknesses
    Pros:
    - Large map to explore including some secrets - A variety of ways to execution: Snipe, Assassin, Rambo, etc. - Interesting side quests such as hunting rare animals - The outpost system is really fun - Weapons customization - Amazed graphics Cons: - Terrible endings in my opinion - The
    Pros:
    - Large map to explore including some secrets
    - A variety of ways to execution: Snipe, Assassin, Rambo, etc.
    - Interesting side quests such as hunting rare animals
    - The outpost system is really fun
    - Weapons customization
    - Amazed graphics

Cons:
    - Terrible endings in my opinion
    - The crafting system is somewhat simple
    - Cant shoot while driving which makes me frustrate sometimes

Overall this is still a must-have, especially for who are the fan of this series
  61. Jul 3, 2014
    Every now and then, I get an urge to play a good single player FPS. Far Cry has tended to be one of the more challenging, pretty, story-rich, and eccentric single player experiences I've encountered in an FPS. Far Cry 3 did not disappoint in this regard.

After Ubisoft took over development from Crytek after the first Far Cry, the series has taken a decidedly Assassin's Creed (AC hereinafter) feel in terms of how information is presented to the player, as well as how the world is revealed to the player. This means a classic AC map interface wherein all of the "stuff" you can do in the game is hidden until you scale tall radio towers (AC: climb tall buildings), fix the radio (AC: look around to see where everything is), and use a zip-line to alight safely back to the ground (AC: jump off tower into bale of hay). At this point, all activities you can partake in are available to you on the map. Once you head out to actually DO activities, the classic Far Cry feel returns. Reasonably challenging enemies that are much more challenging when you run in and try to gun everyone to death (this very well may result in death, in fact it's likely). If you did that in Far Cry (1) you were likely toast.

The environment is a beautiful lush jungle atmosphere with small-to-large villages scattered throughout. There's no way you'll be able to see where everyone you must take out is without doing a little bit of scouting first. THEN, after you've scouted everyone, then maybe you can run and gun successfully, mainly thank in part to the mark that remains on the top of the head of scouted enemies. One other thing to mention, enemies won't let you just sit in cover. They will flank you. They will be aggressive. Running around and using different cover and flanking them yourself is recommended! Oh, and uh, if you've never played a Far Cry before, enjoy the wildlife! They make things very interesting! Especially when they show up while you are trying to take over an encampment/village. And eat you.

Now, I said story-rich...don't take that to mean Pulitzer Prize winning writing. I just meant that this isn't your now-typical 5 hour Call of Duty campaign where you know nothing about the protagonist and those that surround him other than their battle skills. The story is pretty over-the-top, but that's part of the fun. Far Cry never takes itself too seriously and makes the player feel like a badass without making them feel too invincible. The music direction by Brian Tyler is pretty much spot on with some gems thrown in there...think very different types of music put in basically what are the perfect spots. They all fit so well and only added to my personal experience. I especially loved post-rock tracks.

With all the Steam sales Far Cry 3 has seen, I'm willing to bet many of you have already picked it up, and maybe even played it. But for those of you who have not purchased it, it is a solid buy for $30 and an absolute steal at anything $20 and under. If you already own it and it's sitting in your library uninstalled, then I recommend installing it and taking it for a spin. Personally, the experience was very fun and worth the time I spent playing (approx 30-40 hours, closer to 40 and I didn't do every last thing in the game).
  62. Jul 8, 2014
    This game is nearly perfect. Great graphics, sounds, gameplay. This game worth every bit of money you pay. But some missions are too hard. 8 out of 10.
  63. Sep 27, 2014
    A 2 year old game that still look's better then every game till date! The story is grate and the Wildlife is **** amazing!

con: Uplay is still the reason for Japan's high suicide rate!
  64. Feb 22, 2015
    Far Cry 3 is an open world, action-adventure first-person shooter video game developed mainly by Ubisoft Montreal in conjunction with Ubisoft Massive, Ubisoft Red Storm, Ubisoft Shanghai, and Ubisoft Reflections, published by Ubisoft for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.Far Cry 3 is set on a tropical island between the Indian and Pacific Oceans. After a vacation goes awry,Far Cry 3 is an open world, action-adventure first-person shooter video game developed mainly by Ubisoft Montreal in conjunction with Ubisoft Massive, Ubisoft Red Storm, Ubisoft Shanghai, and Ubisoft Reflections, published by Ubisoft for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.Far Cry 3 is set on a tropical island between the Indian and Pacific Oceans. After a vacation goes awry, protagonist Jason Brody must save his friends, who have been kidnapped by pirates and escape from the island and its unhinged inhabitants.Jason Brody, his older and younger brothers Grant and Riley, his girlfriend Liza, and their friends Daisy, Keith, and Oliver, vacation in Bangkok to celebrate Riley getting his pilot's license. While skydiving, they land on an archipelago named the Rook Islands, controlled by pirates under the control of Vaas. Grant and Jason are held and taunted by Vaas while the others are taken to be held for ransom. Grant engineers their escape but is killed by Vaas; distraught, Jason manages to scramble away. He is met by Dennis Rogers, an inhabitant of the island working with the Rakyat tribe to seize control back from the pirates. Dennis sees the potential in Jason to follow the Rakyat "path of the warrior" in rescuing his friends, and gives him a tatau that gives Jason the strength and knowledge to defeat the pirates. Expand
  65. Aug 14, 2014
    This is a really good game excellent graphics still in 2014 but... the old problem, the outposts system.. it taked nearly 45 hours to finish this game i loved the story, gameplay is one step further than FC2.

I really disliked the outposts system, i need a new recipe from Ubisoft. They are great of making videogames now they need to move a step further and create new innovative ways to explore their huge open worlds.
  66. Aug 12, 2014
    I was expecting a lot from this game and that is what i got. Good graphics, not heavy for the PC, nice controls, nice story, all.
    Single player mode is great (maybe too easy?), feels like you are in a movie. Story is really involved.
    Co-op mode is a great addition as well.
    I really recommend it.
  67. Aug 16, 2014
    Farcry 3 is one of those games were you think why do I ever play multiplayer games. What I'm trying to say is that the game is absolutely beautiful, the gunplay is a mixture of satisfying and realistic, the stealth works great, the enemy ai is for the most part pretty smart, the open world is massive and there is always something to see or do, the story is exciting and tense (it is aFarcry 3 is one of those games were you think why do I ever play multiplayer games. What I'm trying to say is that the game is absolutely beautiful, the gunplay is a mixture of satisfying and realistic, the stealth works great, the enemy ai is for the most part pretty smart, the open world is massive and there is always something to see or do, the story is exciting and tense (it is a combination of pocahontus and taken) you will meet some of the strangest well thought out characters in any game you will ever play. A fantastic fps, open world sandbox and in my opinion it is better than crysis 1. The only critiisimeses I have is uplay because it is just an inconvenience it always needs updating, starting up farcry 3 takes longer because it has to go through steam then start up uplay and it is constantly going offline which disturbs the game, lets be honest no consumer wants uplay to exist but I can get past it to play an awesome game. Expand
  68. Aug 30, 2014
    A very good shooter game...Very good graphics and pretty awesome environmental depictions!! The game has very good use of plenty guns! There some annoying animals which sometimes ruin your misions!!
  69. Sep 13, 2014
    Loved the game. From campaign to side mission to collectibles to upgrade weapons and hunting animals! The graphics and gameplay were amazing and the story was really good. It is a must buy.
  70. Sep 16, 2014
    Perfect. It has all what you wants: Graphics, story, gameplay. Ther has no week points you see it where you see it is awesome. You can die from a shot, or you can be atacked by a tiger or a shark. You will never remember all the map for his extending. Its **** huge. Perfect game
  71. Dec 10, 2014
    Real solid action, beautiful landscapes and memorable characters are the highlights of Far Cry 3. The shooting action is one of the best in modern FPSs, and the stealth is fun. It is simple and, if you fail, it won't frustrate you. Vaas is one of the most charismatic villains I've ever seen, and yes, he has little time onscreen, but that's somewhat its charm. You are kept wondering whenReal solid action, beautiful landscapes and memorable characters are the highlights of Far Cry 3. The shooting action is one of the best in modern FPSs, and the stealth is fun. It is simple and, if you fail, it won't frustrate you. Vaas is one of the most charismatic villains I've ever seen, and yes, he has little time onscreen, but that's somewhat its charm. You are kept wondering when you will meet next. Only things holding it back are the crafting and repetitious tasks (driving from A to B, climbing towers, side quests feel all samey). But it is one of the most remarkable experiences from 2012. Expand
  72. Sep 21, 2014
    Great story line and awesome game experience. The game itself is quite challenging but never let me down to finish it till the end. I always love the open world concept throughout the game. The visual is stunning and the island environment was convincing.

Unfortunately, there are few things that can be improved, first, when I play on the mission, I cant run from it or I will failed the mission itself. Thus, I prefer that I can run from any mission and redo it whenever I want.

Secondly, in any of the difficult mission, once you reach at one of its checkpoint and died during the mission, let say, you just passed through the cave (first checkpoint) and reach the second checkpoint but at this checkpoint, you died being shot by random soldiers. When I was re-spawn or reborn ed which is at the last checkpoint (second checkpoint), the soldiers that hit me was gone. I thought it was glitches but it happened for few times. Hope someone can do something upon this matter.

But overall, the game was great and no regret to spend your 25 hours to play it.
  73. Sep 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the biggest letdowns of all times for me. I've been waiting for this game for a long time, hoping it would at least meet its predecessor (FC2), which I completely dig and is one of my fav shooter games of all times. But almost everything good from FC2 dissapeared and was instead replaced by totally generic content from nowadays FPSs. First of all, the environment is boring as hell, no characteristic locations whatsoever, all the places feel the same. You dont have any background either, no home or something, so you feel like homeless, still drifting through generic terrain. In comparison with FC2's rich places the design of FC3 feels like a joke. Jungle is everywhere, no differences in environment. You dont even know what time it is, sleeping was removed too. Safehouse is just a building where is box with all the guns usually, this approach isnt forcing you to think ahead at all.
    There is no difficulty in the game from the beginning whatsoever, no hard struggle to obtain weapons, instead you can have access to powerful weapons in an hour by simply going to some transmitters.
    Plus you can make various baggages that allow you to carry more weight than a truck, and yet run like a Usain Bolton around the jungle. The difficulty drastically changes at second half of game, where youre zerged by millions of troopers suddenly and usually dont have any time to think about something else than shooting,reloading and healing.
    The guns can be modified, but I would expect much bigger range of equipment, instead for example assault rifles have usually 3 scopes, which are basically the same, no close/range vs long range assault modifications and so on. Guns do not degrade either, that totally took away realism. Loved when in FC2 the gun jammed, reminding you that you should care about your weapons. Now you can swim two hours in salty water and your machinegun will be still like new. sad.
    Main character of the single player feels like a joke. Sure, I can see some 20 year old dude that came on an island with friends leading some tribe after like a week, shoot sniper rifle like a pro, blowing stuff with C4. Give a machinegun to an average 20 year-old and he will probably shoot himself to a leg accidentaly in like 5 minutes. some ex-pat would be ok, but this? hahaha please. plus he talks all the time, which I almost every time regret.
    Movement is strange, you cant climb things that in reality you would have no problem with, but you have no trouble jumping from falling bridges onto rock floors, climb roots, balance ledges on rusty towers and so on. Plus when you jump from a rock thats little higher than you, you usualy lose more health than if someone shoots you with machinegun. All the time you have to tap some keys or mouse for various actions or cutscenes.
    Missions usually tell you what to do, there is no space for tactical approach and different styles of playing. Also there are tons of cutscenes, for example when you hold flamethrower, then comes a dog around a corner, thrower dissapears and dog jumps at you, forcing you to take knife and stab him. Great, why do I even carry the damn flamethrower.
    The only thing I kinda enjoyed were some characters, Vaas and Buck are nice pair of sadistic maniacs. If you like average shooter, go for it, if you expect some character and new approach from a game, avoid this game.
  74. Nov 28, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a classic shooter at its core, but there are various RPG mechanics, skills and upgrades under the hood. It’s a fabulous playing ground and one can but marvel at the wondrous ways the various elements interact with each other
  75. Oct 16, 2014
    For me it's one of my favourite games. It was awesome. Do you still remember all of these hereos in this game? Yes I do. Great soundrack anyway. Huge map, You can play it your own way. You play it how long you want. Great graphic. I really glad that I could try this game.
  76. Oct 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I found this game to be an outrageous disappointment. It has all the ingredients for excellence that are swamped in a terrible plot line, unpleasant user interface and a 'final boss' who is defeated by a quick time event. The question I kept asking myself throughout was 'why aren't I playing Just Cause 2?', the plotline is also awful but at least the means you are given to explore the world are a lot more engaging. Here is a cold clinical list of why I believe the plotline is awful.

1. At no point does Jason question anything that is going on. He doesn't ask whom Dennis is, whom Citra is, why they care about him, and despite personal tragedy he is very quick to abandon his girlfriend ,family and friends for this lifestyle that he has been living in for less than a week.

2. Contrived plot drivers - I stared at a man from a chopper for around 5 seconds while he armed an RPG and then fired at me. Why didn't I just shoot him? I survive because Vaas, the psychotic killer shoots me only once, and happens to hit a lighter in my pocket, how cliché, in terms of plot clichés that is one rung up from 'and it was all a dream'. I have to fight Buck with a knife despite holding a submachine gun seconds prior. Hoyt, with just one guard comes to see me and Sam after beating up Riley. Why didn't Sam armed with a knife just kill him then? Why don't I snipe the guy through his window? Why don't I fire an RPG at him through the window?

3. Filler. 'Collect the compass pieces to get a knife for a guy you immediately kill and then no explanation is really made about how this relates to anything...' This section constituted a good chunk of plotline wherein nothing was actually happening. I guess it's trying to deliver some of the lore of the island but I'd already stopped caring by this point. Buck is unarmed - why does Jason not just kneecap the idiot and torture his friend's location out of him?

Aside from this, the game is painfully easy. Very quickly you are inundated with too much ammo, free weapons and more money than you can carry. I played on hard mode and didn't need to employ any tactics whatsoever. I began using stealth, but I realised that it was just quicker to walk around with an LMG shooting at people because dying is pretty hard to do if you've got enough medicine.

The game only comes alive when you avoid doing any missions and you can pretend that your character isn't such an annoying dullard. I got a kick from locating the radio tower and then liberating the outposts while exploring the terrain, skinning the animals etc. Alot of good gameplay elements are there but are left to fall by the wayside as the abomination of the main plotline looms over you in the guise of a textbox that pops up in the top lefthand corner reminding you to 'Do an arbitrary thing or Explore the Island'.

This game is initially very fun and if I had been writing this after a couple of hours of playing it I would have given it an 8 or a 9 out of 10. The problem is that after a great opening sequence, everything goes Doolally. Your character undergoes a seismic shift from a compelling scared holiday-goer to a massive 'insert expletive of choice here' hellbent on revenge all of a sudden as opposed to going back home with his friends who seem to be the only ones with a functioning sense of proportion. The user interface kills the immersion which would otherwise I think set the game apart, the unvaried terrain - although pretty, gets rather boring after a time, the only NPCs that don't come across as psychopaths are Jason's friends whom, he eventually decides aren't hallucinogenic enough for him. My recommendation would be to just pick up a copy of Just Cause 2 or if you've already played it just play it again because you'll have a much more rewarding experience.
  77. Oct 23, 2014
    This game really set the bar high for any possible successors. Took the best things from Far Cry 2 and improved on it. Ubisoft really listened to their fan base. Played this game 3 times and I'm still going.
  78. Oct 23, 2014
    It was entertaining enough to make you finish it. And it was good enough to re-play if you get bored. And it is great to test out a new GPU or CPU. However I did not think the any of the characters where likable. Vaas was the only interesting one. But most people would rather not play as a spoiled trust fund kid doing a poor job of playing tough guy. Also the graphics were not bad. ButIt was entertaining enough to make you finish it. And it was good enough to re-play if you get bored. And it is great to test out a new GPU or CPU. However I did not think the any of the characters where likable. Vaas was the only interesting one. But most people would rather not play as a spoiled trust fund kid doing a poor job of playing tough guy. Also the graphics were not bad. But they were not as near as good as advertised. But the AAA on the PC version did clear it up a lot. Honestly it was not bad. But many things in the game could have been much better. You can tell it was pretty much Far Cry 2's engine with a texture upgrade and a new map and new story. And I will not be surprised to see Far Cry 4 with the same engine. But do not get me wrong It is not a bad engine. And there is nothing wrong with reusing a game engine as long as it stays with today's standards. But I think they could have done better with the texture upgrade. And surely the writers could have done better than a trust fund kid as the main character! So I give it a 4 out of 10. And I think a 4 out of 10 is more than fair for this game. The prices for games now is way too high and this game was no exception. This is another reason for my score. And the cost of the game should always reflect the review score if the reviewer is being honest. Expand
  79. Nov 11, 2014
    Picked this up along Blood Dragon in the last Steam sale and feck me but this game rocks! The story is great, the world just begs to be explored and the main protaganist is pure insane. A must for any open world gamers.

Also, make sure to pick up Blood Dragon if you were an 80's and 90's gamer and action film fan.
  80. Nov 19, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is the ultimate power fantasy, and I mean this as a compliment. Yeah, lots of games let you take back strongholds with bazookas and flamethrowers, but few offer an experience as smooth as Far Cry's. Combat is the perfect balance between stealth and firefighting, letting you sneak behind bushes or aim explosives at everything in sight. The hunting side quests are also a ton of fun.
  81. Nov 25, 2014
    I liked this game, nice title by Ubisoft (company that i dont like too much). Funny, well-staged story and nice graphics. Hopefully continue on this path.
  82. Nov 28, 2014
    Despite not being a large first person action guy, i found this game very enjoyable and well worth the minimal amount i paid. Plenty to do and great mission variation. Thoroughly recommended and looking forward to playing number 4 :)
  83. Nov 29, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is definitely a weird game. It will mind **** you so much and than leave you in your insanity. Just like that, like nothing happened. So we should start from the beginning. You are rich spoiled child who was kidnapped by some insane ****ed up island king of inbred tribals. Suddenly you are torn out from your dream life of parties and boredom into cruel reality. But kidnappers areFar Cry 3 is definitely a weird game. It will mind **** you so much and than leave you in your insanity. Just like that, like nothing happened. So we should start from the beginning. You are rich spoiled child who was kidnapped by some insane ****ed up island king of inbred tribals. Suddenly you are torn out from your dream life of parties and boredom into cruel reality. But kidnappers are too dumb and you and your older brother manage to escape. After short period of time your brother lays dead and you run through unknown jungle. You slip, you fall and you lose senses. When you wake up the real game begins. Now you can explore whole island on your own no matter what. You can liberate small forts on the island which will make roads safer (so they say). After liberation of some fort a car full of Rakyat, the tribals, will appear and take over the place, quoting stupid things 'till the end of time. Another thing of importance to the tribals are radio towers. If you can climb them up and destroy technical device of island king Vaas(and Vaas doesn't give a **** whole game), you will reveal a part of map and also make Vaas blind in this area. The side quests and collectibles will now show on the map too. But when you liberate whole island and explore whole map nothing happens. Not a single thank you. Tribals just don't care. And there is much more of what they don't care about. So you go and start side quests. And now some weird **** will happen. You can come across a guy who needs photos of dead pirates for his personal sick business. You will find a guy who's daughter was kidnapped by aliens and he needs to locate all of his packages. But when you do quest just ends and he doesn't give a **** about his daughter anymore. You will search for husband of one tribal woman, who thinks her husband is cheating on her, just to find him with another man. And so it goes like this, until you realize that all of Rakyat are pretty ****ed up bunch of liars and you just want to put them all down. So you will turn on to the last things you can do in this game: hunting for animals and relics. But sooner or later you will start to feel guilty for genocide of rare species, because bigger bags you make, more animals it takes. Until one point, when you need a rare animal and than you need to find a specific quest and hunt it with special weapon. So after lots of carnage you have all the bags and animals have no meaning in game anymore, except small enemies. Relics are scattered all over the island. You can find statuettes, memory cards and letters of japan soldiers from WWII. The informations on discs and letters are boring and just flat, and relics and letter spawn randomly on the island. So sooner or later you will return to the place where you took one relic, just to find another few meters further. So after a while it's boring and pointless too as all other activities. And after all these things you will return to the main story, where **** hits the fan. You will rescue all of your friends and slowly develop your "warrior" skills through some short missions of simple story. You will rescue you stupid stoned friend, who would certainly die but doesn't give a **** about gratitude after you save him. Your mean **** girlfriend, your older brothers girlfriend and at last your younger brother. And as this happy bunch you want to leave island. In this saving process you will inhale and eat so much drugs it would kill an ox but you will just walk away with a headache just to please everybody on this godforsaken island. You will please a tribal queen Citra just to disappoint her at the very end and also kill some god and island king and Rudolf's gay uncle and most evil boss German and ... and after all this ... you will be still mean **** and spoiled kid and yell yuck when you skin an animal and with big meaningless tattoo after all this ... you will stay on the island! There is no way home. No return. You will just stay there, kill bandit bosses with the knife like real Rakyat even if you rejected them at the end. You will encounter same two men patrols of pirates and mercenaries and the tribals won't still give a **** about you and drive like crazy killing their own on the roads and smashing the cars into trees. And than you will realize that this is a nightmare ... and it won't end until you uninstall the game... And still, it's not all I hated about this game, but I don't want to think about it anymore. Expand
  84. Nov 29, 2014
    This game is utterly ruined by the lack of a genuine quick save. I can't keep track of how many times I died during the heat of a gun fight, only to have to reset from a spawn location, having to search out the fight and start all over again from scratch. Ruined the experience for me 100 percent.

Where are the days where video game designers actually made games with the players in mind? If I want to quick save my game (like I could in the excellent Far Cry 2), then why can't I? It should be my choice. Why am I paying for an open world game, with my hard earned money, if it won't even give the essential features I want?

On top of that, you are forced to install UPlay (Ubi's own form of DRM) to play this. If you purchased this through steam (like a lot of people have) having to install another layer of DRM is a huge pain in the ass. Way to stick it to the customers even more.

The graphics are great, the story is actually really interesting. It's a bold game, and for that, I'm giving it a 3. However, the game is unplayable for me, so I can't give it a higher score. A 3 is a solid F, and that's what it deserves.

Far Cry 1 and Far Cry 2 are still great games, and I recommend those. (I got 1, 2, 3, and Blood Dragon for 40 on steam, so not a huge loss for me). Stay away from 3 though. Obviously not made with the player in mind
  85. Dec 7, 2014
    Game's ability to entertain you with interesting story and concept overall is a very important feature, and this game has it.

It's immerse gameplay is supported by variety of interactive environment, characters and weapons.
  86. Feb 6, 2015
    [opinion only about the single player campaign] Although I despise open-world shooters, the game was enjoyable. I play games mostly for the story. Don't hate me, but I 'tweaked' it a bit (well, yeah, uhm... I cheated and got a lot of cash) to avoid the nonsensical side-quests and boring activities and focus on the plot, which by no means is great, but after all it is engaging. I kind of[opinion only about the single player campaign] Although I despise open-world shooters, the game was enjoyable. I play games mostly for the story. Don't hate me, but I 'tweaked' it a bit (well, yeah, uhm... I cheated and got a lot of cash) to avoid the nonsensical side-quests and boring activities and focus on the plot, which by no means is great, but after all it is engaging. I kind of liked the change in the protagonist, who grew to be the ultimate "waria", who got overly engaged with all the bloodshed and revenge. With the supernatural elements that can explain why a regular kid becomes an awesome commando-stalker-hunter, I actually felt like I should killing all those poor people. Most of the killing was pointless, but in this one case - it doesn't matter. Get some silenced guns, get a Desert Eagle and wreak havoc! That said, there is something wrong with the shooting mechanics themselves - they're not as fun as in other FPS, but clearly, this is a personal preference. The game looks and sounds great, the voice-acting is exceptional and there are some memorable characters. Don't hesitate and follow the path of the warria! Expand
  87. Jan 15, 2015
    The game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must doThe game is more stealth/adventure than action. I liked villain characters but heroes were not very interesting. The best character would be Vaas Montenegro who died foolishly and was not involved in the story that much. The story sometimes gets too slow and bores you and sometimes gets too fast and makes you upset. Rakyat people don't participate in freeing outposts and the player must do everything on his own. Side missions are many and useless.
    Graphics are very good, every event and place is designed with the most accuracy. You'll never get tired of exploring the jungle. There are many guns in different classes and there's even a crossbow which is very handy and stealthy. Each weapon may have some upgrades (like silencer) that you can buy from the stores. Skills are numerous and help you in the levels very much, including how to kill an enemy below you, how to kill a heavy gunner and so on.
    The game is interesting, for sure. But it would be much better if they worked on the story and characters a bit more.
  88. Jan 22, 2015
    this is one of the best fps games I've ever played but the end boss battle is too anti-climatic. graphics are amazing on low setting,nice gun-play,there are animals in this game too. good thing they made this game. It was worth playing it.
  89. Mar 30, 2015
    This game is absolute awesome.The whole story line of this game is easily under stable.The visual graphic of the game is also promising.The open world that is provided in the game has each an every detailing.And there are many things to do in the open world including the missions.
  90. Feb 18, 2015
    This game is HORRIBLE! I played all of them up to this one. The second one was an AMAZING game. This game tore out EVERYTHING that made the franchise great and replaced it for the idiots crowd that is gamers today. What do we have?
    Story starts out amazing. Very theatrical, you just sit and watch and the do a little tutorial. ALL TUTORIALS should play like this game. Then it just goes down the crapper. You play the role of a weak guy that gets scared to even stab another person (you hesitate in the begening and say you never shot before to an NPC that saves you)...Then, you become a FPS geanie and all guns are just natural to you. From holding breath while scoping to other things. That is nothing compared to the brainless plot. You are so far DISATTACHED from the main enemy it feels stupid. Your goal is to go around saving freinds. You really end up doing drugs, tripping out, thinking you have magic, but you do not. You just "get used to the jungle"...but you dont. Your true power relies on killing animals for 30 min to unlock upgrades....
    The game tried to go RPG with a crafting and skill system. You hunt, no, you MASACRE animals with large guns that feels stupid. You then stab them after they are dead, taking chunks out of them, but the menu system tells you it is 1/3 pelts collected to make "wallet" to hold 1,000 more cash. It FEELS SO DISATACHED TO THE WORLD in your actions and story it is stupid. Really? I am just putting coins and cash in the THOUSANDS in my animal hide wallet? It is just a menu to click in. It makes no sense, and ANNOYANCE from the main action and goal. Saying that I SKIPPED ALL THE OTHER THINGS they wanted me to "hunt".I only took teh essential. 20 min. Of mindless "huntint" and you have all you need. Animal attacks of "exotic animals is a joke. But that is getting into combat, back to story. It is so stupid that by the time you rescue two of the hostages that saw murder, rape, and pillage, they are off to laughing the next day and coming up with master plans to escape like "Fix a boat that is dried out and rusted in a cave below a pedophiles house"...yeah...THAT BAD.
    The stereo type women that are useless and stay in the home while you do the hero work. Thing is you are no DIFFERENT and WEAKER than them in the start...The main enemy only shows up EVERY SO OFTEN. And just lets one person get away in his BAD attempts to kill you all...it is so stupid...Inbetween the main boss you fight the same looking mobs over and over and over and easily.
    The combat is HORRIBLE! And 10 STEPS back from 2. What used to be open word ambushes, approach at different angles battles is now LINEAR, FORCED, and CRAMMED in one style. You can TRY and mix it up, but the AI is so dumb, you can just walk in and pick em off any compound. On any difficulty. I have NO IDEA HOW THEY COULD GO WRONG with such a good base to walk off of. I have so many videos and screen shots of this games fail battle system. The persepctive is too zoomed in. when an enemy gets close (mostl animals) your view is like a towering 10 foot giant so swinging low is impossible and close attacks with mele and dead. What felt like real weapons in Far Cry 2, this feels more plastic like and fake. The sound effects are dumbed down. The death physics dumbed down. You can swing your knife in the 2nd one, and break things : YOU CANT BREAK ANYTHING in FC3!!! In FC2 if you fight in a village, you suffer the consequences, in this one IT IS JUST A CINEMATIC WALKING SIMULLATOR! SEriously...play both, the third is so stripped down.
    The game plays itself. More than once I just "jam button X" to watch the game play itself. As a mmorpg I see these "theme park" mmorpgs killing the industry. I just played this game to get a fresh breath of air (since last I played was FC2). I got mad, not happy, to play this game. It was not fresh air. It was choking fart. I am SHOCKED that yes, even this single player industry is going down the drain. Shocked to see STEAM give it top votes. These kids... I can't tell if this generation is just brain damaged and corporations taking advantage. Or forced market giving nothing of value so people rate it because "at least its not as bad as X..." I am going with brain damage.
    The environment and npcs are non interactive. The skill system is disgusting illogical and stupid and ignroable. The shop is static and stupid. I loved unlockin and progressing in the shop in the second game, here, it is just a menu accessable in every safe house. The weather system. NOTHING. Day and night come, its just cosmetic.
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! IF YOU LOVE THE SECOND! IF YOU LOVE GAMING! IF YOU LOVE YOUR BRAIN! DO NOT BUY IT! (pirate it if you really want to play. I got a refund and pirated it to finish it to not cry about it without beating it).
    The only thing I liked about it was a few scenes when the character you play gets drugged. you get stuck on nothing though, like lips of terrain and doorways. BAD DESIGN
  91. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Story driven game with breath taking surroundings. Handful of missions through the story really stood out and busted a hearty laugh of joy. A few minor bugs and hiccups occurred, mostly involving waterfalls, fire or waterfalls of fire.
    Highlights For Me:
    Have to say I had a connection with the bow. Hard to use at first at long distance but so worth it when you get the special tips. Rain fire down on outposts. BLOCK OUT THE SUN.
    The different tatu traits added a depth to the game that showed through the early gameplay. Fades away towards the end. If you collect the side items you can have all the skills by the end of the game.
    Villains make or break a game, that is a fact. You need to enjoy who your eventually going to end. Far Cry exceeds and making the villains in this game stand out. With enough insanity to make you laugh when you know you really shoulden't.
    Few minor flaws to point out:
    Character backstory was lacking. Why should I care about these people other then they are my "friends". Majority of the time when a name was mentioned I was pondering on who the hell they were. Having to go to the in-game handbook to match a face with a name.
    I was furious when I couldn't load a vehicle with C4 and ride it into a enemy outpost, jumping out before impacting and blowing the death trap. Leaving behind the bodies of my targets. But Nah. C4 just simply bounced off the vehicles or flew out when speeding.
    The Co-Op portion of this game was sadly a disappointment. Slew of glitches, bugs occurring every few minutes. Playing on hardest setting proved to be more annoying then cleaning the house. 1 shotgun blast from any direction was a instant kill, sometimes with that person appearing out of thin air. Background to characters was explained well before the game started. Something the main story was missing.
    Overall the game was great. Visually pleasing. Equally terrifying with jungle noises all around you. Screamed more times then I would like to admit when crocs would take a bit of my White Devil jungle conquering self.
  92. May 20, 2015
    I love this game so much!The story is so awesome!
    Why this game is awesome:
    1.Crafting system(craft syringe,bags for your survival!) 2.So many types of guns! 3.You can be a run and gun,sniper or knifer! 4.You can be stealthy,chaos-ish! 5.Cool antagonist: Vaas & Hoyt 6.Kill Animal! 7.Blood! 8.Be a ruthless killer or a reluctant hero 9.Many cool easter eggs 10.Uncover the secret
    I love this game so much!The story is so awesome!
    Why this game is awesome:
    1.Crafting system(craft syringe,bags for your survival!)
    2.So many types of guns!
    3.You can be a run and gun,sniper or knifer!
    4.You can be stealthy,chaos-ish!
    5.Cool antagonist: Vaas & Hoyt
    13.Insane amount of fun!
    14.Great Graphics!
    and many more reasons

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013