8.2

1. Aug 30, 2014
    A very good shooter game...Very good graphics and pretty awesome environmental depictions!! The game has very good use of plenty guns! There some annoying animals which sometimes ruin your misions!!
  2. Aug 16, 2014
    Farcry 3 is one of those games were you think why do I ever play multiplayer games. What I'm trying to say is that the game is absolutely beautiful, the gunplay is a mixture of satisfying and realistic, the stealth works great, the enemy ai is for the most part pretty smart, the open world is massive and there is always something to see or do, the story is exciting and tense (it is a combination of pocahontus and taken) you will meet some of the strangest well thought out characters in any game you will ever play. A fantastic fps, open world sandbox and in my opinion it is better than crysis 1. The only critiisimeses I have is uplay because it is just an inconvenience it always needs updating, starting up farcry 3 takes longer because it has to go through steam then start up uplay and it is constantly going offline which disturbs the game, lets be honest no consumer wants uplay to exist but I can get past it to play an awesome game. Expand
  3. Aug 14, 2014
    This is a really good game excellent graphics still in 2014 but... the old problem, the outposts system.. it taked nearly 45 hours to finish this game i loved the story, gameplay is one step further than FC2.

I really disliked the outposts system, i need a new recipe from Ubisoft. They are great of making videogames now they need to move a step further and create new innovative ways to
    explore their huge open worlds. Expand
  4. Aug 12, 2014
    I was expecting a lot from this game and that is what i got. Good graphics, not heavy for the PC, nice controls, nice story, all.
    Single player mode is great (maybe too easy?), feels like you are in a movie. Story is really involved.
    Co-op mode is a great addition as well.
    I really recommend it.
  5. Aug 11, 2014
    What's the definition of insanity? I think Vaas knows. Without him the game would have been without taste. Generally It's an acceptable childish game. The equatorial atmosphere is great but the places aren't so convincing. I didn't like the idea of saving my friends though. A serious mysterious story with a sublime goal would have been much better. The vegetation colors are exaggerated, so are all of those explosions everywhere and action generally. The graphics are bad compared with the previous version which is very rich in graphics. I enjoyed Far Cry 3 but I'm not playing it again. I think I'll play Far Cry 2 because I's balanced and complete in all aspects. Expand
  6. Aug 8, 2014
    Forget about the boring Africa, and welcome to a wonderful tropical island called Rook. Now, it is time for you to become Jason Brody, and learn the survival skills in the jungle, face with many dangerous species, and make some awesome takedowns on the pirates. Far Cry 3 has everything you've could dreamed of. Wonderful gameplay with detail, large open world, stunning graphic, deep, great story and amazing voice acting (at least for the main characters). But remember, just stick to the singleplay, or you'll kill everything that Far Cry 3's built in your heart with uninspiring multiplayer and a ridiculous co-op. Expand
  7. Aug 7, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece. I'm not a big fan of shooters, but this one... well, after long day at work I sit to this game and I just have FUN. A lot of great fun. This is a briliant mix of relaxing shooting and funny exploring. Always something to do. Many nice weapons, very good graphic, nice story. Many options which absorb You totally. This game is a MUST HAVE for everyone who like a good fun.
  8. Jul 31, 2014
    I haven't played THAT much of this game yet, but so far I've found this game extremly underwhelming. Everything feels so generic.

For example the hunting/harvesting (?), leaf a/b/c/d/e and animal hide a/b/c/d/e/f/g... Now can somebody tell my why everything have to be made of several different types of hide? Like to craft a backpack you need... I dunno, goat, a few strips of leopard, a
    patch of tiger... why not make everything out of one (or two) types of hide?! Or are we making a fashion statement, show the barbarians in the jungle how "us citiboys" do it? It feels like such a cheap way to add "content" to the game.

A game like this is all about immersion, and I don't find it very immersive having to go into the menu for crafting etc. Absolutly nothing in the plot, conversations and in general how friendly people talk to you is believable. You are some **** cityboy who knows nothing about survival weapons or anything like that, yet you are the only one who can bla bla bla bla... yeah...
  9. Jul 17, 2014
    Great environment, reasonable combat. Crashes during save a lot. Strives for immersion but then proceeds to force QTEs down your throat such that you lose that immersion. On several occasions (not just once) you mow down an army of people and then a cutscene has you KOed by a simple hit and then you have to escape (again and again). Final mission is one big QTE that doesn't require any skill that you've been honing the entire game. The story is good until the middle when supernatural stuff (which breaks immersion again) gets stupid. Ultimately a good game if you ignore the story and the numerous immersion destroying moments. Expand
  10. Jul 12, 2014
    Liked the game for the open world elements and the graphics are nice. Had a lot of time running around, driving, shooting, swimming, exploring etc, but as a story it's a waste of time. Cliched writing, terrible ending - made the entire endeavour seem pointless.
  11. Jul 8, 2014
    This game is nearly perfect. Great graphics, sounds, gameplay. This game worth every bit of money you pay. But some missions are too hard. 8 out of 10.
  12. Jul 6, 2014
    Really enjoyed this game! Vaas Montenegro is one of my favourite evil video game characters of all time.
    The overall theme had the same flaw at first to storylines like Avatar - white man comes to save the natives - kinda offensive when you think about it. However, the ending turns this on it's head very well. Not going to give spoilers, but all is not what it seems.
    When it comes to
    the ending, I honestly don't see what people were complaining about! I thought it was well played on the part of the writer.
    While fun, there were flaws to the gameplay itself - the AI was often a little buggy and I ended up with WAY too much money and loot very quickly!
    But overall it was a fun experience in a pretty setting. Giving this one a good score!
  13. Jul 3, 2014
    Every now and then, I get an urge to play a good single player FPS. Far Cry has tended to be one of the more challenging, pretty, story-rich, and eccentric single player experiences I've encountered in an FPS. Far Cry 3 did not disappoint in this regard.

After Ubisoft took over development from Crytek after the first Far Cry, the series has taken a decidedly Assassin's Creed (AC
    hereinafter) feel in terms of how information is presented to the player, as well as how the world is revealed to the player. This means a classic AC map interface wherein all of the "stuff" you can do in the game is hidden until you scale tall radio towers (AC: climb tall buildings), fix the radio (AC: look around to see where everything is), and use a zip-line to alight safely back to the ground (AC: jump off tower into bale of hay). At this point, all activities you can partake in are available to you on the map. Once you head out to actually DO activities, the classic Far Cry feel returns. Reasonably challenging enemies that are much more challenging when you run in and try to gun everyone to death (this very well may result in death, in fact it's likely). If you did that in Far Cry (1) you were likely toast.

The environment is a beautiful lush jungle atmosphere with small-to-large villages scattered throughout. There's no way you'll be able to see where everyone you must take out is without doing a little bit of scouting first. THEN, after you've scouted everyone, then maybe you can run and gun successfully, mainly thank in part to the mark that remains on the top of the head of scouted enemies. One other thing to mention, enemies won't let you just sit in cover. They will flank you. They will be aggressive. Running around and using different cover and flanking them yourself is recommended! Oh, and uh, if you've never played a Far Cry before, enjoy the wildlife! They make things very interesting! Especially when they show up while you are trying to take over an encampment/village. And eat you.

Now, I said story-rich...don't take that to mean Pulitzer Prize winning writing. I just meant that this isn't your now-typical 5 hour Call of Duty campaign where you know nothing about the protagonist and those that surround him other than their battle skills. The story is pretty over-the-top, but that's part of the fun. Far Cry never takes itself too seriously and makes the player feel like a badass without making them feel too invincible. The music direction by Brian Tyler is pretty much spot on with some gems thrown in there...think very different types of music put in basically what are the perfect spots. They all fit so well and only added to my personal experience. I especially loved post-rock tracks.

With all the Steam sales Far Cry 3 has seen, I'm willing to bet many of you have already picked it up, and maybe even played it. But for those of you who have not purchased it, it is a solid buy for $30 and an absolute steal at anything $20 and under. If you already own it and it's sitting in your library uninstalled, then I recommend installing it and taking it for a spin. Personally, the experience was very fun and worth the time I spent playing (approx 30-40 hours, closer to 40 and I didn't do every last thing in the game).
  14. Jun 29, 2014
    I really can't believe how bad this game is due to other reviews of it. Very tired of Ubisoft formula. SCORE 41/100.

I thought it just had to be cool. I was let down in nearly every way imaginable. Still shocked how subpar, derivative, repetitive, and poorly designed it was. After beating and selling Watch Dogs (PS4), and then getting this on Summer Sale and really not liking it at all,
    I came to the conclusion I will no longer buy the trinity of Ubisoft open world action games.

If you have played any Assassin's Creed or Watch Dogs, then you've played this. Towers to unlock, stupid collectibles, incredibly poor stealth, no actual cover.

TOWERS ARE SO FAR APART, horrible when you die. This is a perfect example of huge open world that is empty, lifeless, and annoying. So, so annoying.

Inventory is an atrocity, fills up in minutes, herbs don't stack. The driving is even worse than Watch Dogs, if that is possible. You get hurt from very small jumps, it's stupid.

In some ways I am glad I got it on summer sale because I won't ever get another Ubisoft game at full price. I *might* get them for 10 bucks or buy and resell of the PS4, but never ever full price.

And the graphics aren't that great, because Ubisoft is really bad at optimizing game engines. Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution look much better.

To top it all off, UPLAY IS A NIGHTMARE. It's a terrible service that makes EA's Origin look fantastic in comparison, and that is saying a lot.
  15. Jun 27, 2014
    Ubisoft you did it again!
    Absolutely amazing!
    Memorable characters, Great plot, Interesting side-quests AMAZING weapons and add-ons,
    and I LOVE the outpost-capturing system.
    If this game was a person, i would throw money at him non-stop.
  16. Jun 27, 2014
    Far Cry 3. A little while back I reviewed Far Cry 2, the prequel to this game. I thought it was a little underrated, and I thought Far Cry 1 was overrated. Most people disliked Far Cry 2 because of its meh story and realism, but I loved the game for those reasons, and I thought it was definitely worth playing. As for Far Cry 1, I thought it was little more than a tech demo for the first Crysis. Now I have played Far Cry 3, which takes the game's setting away from Africa, and back to the tropical island type of setting from Far Cry 1. However, it still retains most if not all of the open world freedom of Far Cry 2, and gets rid of most of the realism, and provides a better story. So, is this tropical island a paradise that you will spend hours getting lost in, or is Far Cry 2 still the superior Far Cry game? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is slightly different from its predecessor. Yes, it is still a first-person shooter, and there is still an open world for you to explore, just like the last game. However, this game is slightly different because the game mechanics have been greatly improved. For those of you who were unhappy with the stealth mechanics of Far Cry 2, your prayers have been answered. Stealth is emphasized much more in this game than it was in the last game. It is now much easier to kill enemies quietly when they're not looking. Another improvement this game made on the last one is the inclusion of perks and skill trees. Perks give your character more power, and the more perks you have, the more will be available later on in the game. The skill trees in this game make this game have elements of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout in it, which is always a nice touch, as the perks in both of the former made the games much more enjoyable. The open world has also been improved. There is now much more to do than ever in Far Cry 3. You can assault enemy outposts however you want, help natives on certain quests, and play mini games such as poker and knife throwing. Of course there are also story missions, which have been improved from Far Cry 2, thanks to the game now having a much easier story to follow. Because you can approach this game's missions however you please, the game is much more enjoyable. Stealthy players will find plenty of options to hide in the shadows, and kill enemies. Long range players will be able to use sniper rifles to pick off enemies from a distance. Players who just like to charge in guns blazing will be able to do that too. The AI is also a challenge in this game. The enemies know how to alert allies if you are attacking them, and they also use cover very effectively. This game's AI is among the best I have ever seen in a video game. Even on the easiest difficulty I died several times because of this game's advanced A.I. As for problems with the gameplay, there really aren't very many at all. The only minor gripe I have with the gameplay is that there are a few bugs, but these bugs are few and far between. This game is insanely fun to play no matter how you decide to play it. As for the graphics, I think Crysis has lost its majesty as the best looking PC game I have ever played. This game just barely beats the original Crysis in terms of graphics. Far Cry 3 is a beautiful looking game. Everything in this game is rich with detail, looks very colorful, and looks realistic to boot. The graphics of this game have won my award for the best graphics ever seen in a video game. As for the story, it has also been improved. It may not be as good as some other stories I have seen in video games, but it is still an improvement over Far Cry 2's bland and boring story. You play as a man named Jason Brody, who has to rescue his friends from a band of pirates and mercenaries led by two insane evil men. This time, the premise is good, the characters are well developed, and the plot is smoother and easier to follow than the previous game. The story of this game is fantastic, even though it's not quite as good as other titles. Overall, this game is fantastic. It is a huge improvement over Far Cry 2, as it improved on just about everything that made Far Cry 2 such a great game. I recommend this title to just about anyone who wants to play a video game. Unless of course, they are offended by some of this game's mature content.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 9/10
    Overall: 10/10
  17. Jun 24, 2014
    This game is amazingly fun and incredible addictive but also there are few weaknesses Pros: - Large map to explore including some secrets - A variety of ways to execution: Snipe, Assassin, Rambo, etc. - Interesting side quests such as hunting rare animals - The outpost system is really fun - Weapons customization - Amazed graphics Cons: - Terrible endings in my opinion - The crafting system is somewhat simple
    - Cant shoot while driving which makes me frustrate sometimes

Overall this is still a must-have, especially for who are the fan of this series
  18. Jun 23, 2014
    Maybe my expectations are low. But I was looking for a new kind of game and I found it. I hate hard games where you get stuck, but Far Cry is hard enough. I hate games that are repetitive and require saves and loads and dying. Worse like Dues Ex you have to remember when you saved it and what you did so you don't do it again or miss something (otherwise Dues Ex is great!) Far Cry is the right mixture of RPG and action. I don't like pure action and I don't like RPG's but this combo is excellent. I have found no bugs. It hasn't crashed on me. It runs smoothly. The enemy are as intelligent as they need to be. . I can't give it 10 because maybe Far Cry 4 will be better and I wont know how to score it... How anybody can give it less than 5 I really don't know. Expand
  19. Jun 16, 2014
    Blood Dragon is much better game than this. Okay, I don't want to judge a FarCry's whole main storyline, but acting, dialogs - they are just awful. And Jason is a crying maiden used to talk to himself. AI is a crap, you can kill pirate without sound suppressor, hide near in a small bush - and his friends will forget about you in 30 seconds. And of course they wouldn't trigger the alarm, "there is nothing to worry about". Animals are not better - predators politely warn you with roar, tigers and leopards like to charge prey instead of real hunting. Watching a couple of komodo dragons wiping several patrols of arming men is funny. Quests like "drive this car for 30 seconds from A to B" or "I am a poor woman living in a rubble pile but take this 500 dollars as reward" are just indicate level of creativity put in this game. All that is good in this game - graphics and a relatively big world to explore. Expand
  20. Jun 13, 2014
    One of the best shooters of this generation . the best thing about this game is its open world and RPG elements.Other than the main plot which is pretty good with an awesome antagonist Vaas there r side activities to be done like hunting for exotic animals,crafting , liberating outposts , side missions, mini games etc. the multiplayer is not that fun and is pretty generic but its co op is excellent.the world is Huge with awesome landscape and wildlife. this game is a must have. Expand
  21. Jun 2, 2014
    Definitely get this game if it is on sale for $20 or under, it's packed full of great stealth sequences which are fluid and rewarding, a skill tree packed with innovative and useful perks, excellent gunplay with a medley of interesting weapons, all allowing for your own unique playstyle(burn your enemy out with molotovs, flare guns or flamethrowers, or carefully snipe your enemy with bows and snipers, or even go full out rambo with LMGs and shotguns), and a great, subversive story which isn't so much about a white American stoner going to an island and killing lots of people, as it is about the true cost and insanity of living in a fantasy world and thinking that killing lots of people is a wonderful thing. Some people claim that halfway through the game, it loses its pacing, but for me personally, I think that all the characters are strong enough to keep on carrying the story forward in an engaging fashion, and even if they don't, then the gameplay always feels novel as you experiment with the wide range of guns, takedown techniques, and playstyles to become the ultimate hunter. Expand
  22. May 31, 2014
    Best open-world shooter on the market. Detailed and beautiful jungle enviroment. One of the best looking games made. Great gunplay and many tools to play with pirates. A little naive yet very engaging story that surprisingly has a good ending. You feel like an ultimate jungle badass No crappy DLCs is a welcome change on the market Good and fun progression with animal hunting Good gunplay
    Very immersive
    Much wow, so shooter, very must buy. One of the best games of recent years for me.
  23. May 31, 2014
    The game is a lot of fun from times to times. The island world is really beautiful and the cut scenes and npc acting is so great that it some times feels like beeing in a movie. The down side is that the island istoo crowded with enemy NPC:s (which consists of animals and guerilla warriors). You can't go any 100 meters in any direction without bumping in to a fight with something which destroys the flow that the game could have had.
    The multiplyer of the game is good but generic.
  24. May 28, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.0 Gameplay: 9.0 Fun/Story: 9.2

Much better than far cry 2. It´s quality is like the first one and and these are good news. Graphics are amazing.
  25. May 11, 2014
    Yes, it’s one of the greatest FPS-es of 2013. A beautiful, large open world makes this an instant hit…but it’s not bad that the shooting mechanics are there too. Far Cry 3 has it’s flaws, but the pros overwhelm them by a mile. Let’s see…

MORE ON: http://prosncons.22web.org/

+ It’s a beautiful open world in which you want to get lost. Don’t care about the missions, just go out there,
    on foot and find the secrets of this magnificent island.
    + The setting is a breath of fresh air. We’ve seen a lot of sandbox games, but rarely they break out from the confinements of the big cities. At first, you wonder how an island can work as a setting for this game, in the end, you don’t want to go back to the city ever again.
    + The AI is exceptional, and partly this makes the world living. You meet bandits and friends in the world on their own mission while bigger animals hunt the smaller one and occasionally attacking humans too. It’s a realistic ecosystem that makes the game more enjoyable.
    + Far Cry 3 contains awesome lot of stuff to do. The main story takes around 12 hours to complete, but you can do side-quests, liberate outposts, take on races, hunt animals or enemies, and a lot more. Repetition is out of the question.
    + One person: Vaas. One of the antagonists delivers a stunning performance that is rarely seen in video games. It’s one of the best performances ever in a video game.

~ The character development is good, but doesn’t introduce anything new. Jason Brody is an essential part of the story and not just it’s abilities develop, but his personality too. From a rich spoilt kid to the warrior of the Rakyat. We have seen this too many times.
    ~ The story is shallow at best and won’t thrill you all the way, but has its moments, mainly when you go eye-to-eye with one of the antagonists.
    ~ The co-op campaign (with a different story on the same island) is a good addition, but doesn’t offer anything like the the main campaign.

- Side quests aren’t much of an addition. Yes, they have their own – very superficial – stories, but all of them take 15 minutes max to complete and usually the same task. Get something from 100 meters away and bring it back.
    - The ending is the real disappointment here. It will leave you puzzled, as why would anyone think it was a good idea to put a life changing choice in the end of a game that didn’t include any choice up to that point.

Time to beat: 12 hours (main campaign), 20+ hours (side-quests and min-games).
    Replay Value: 3/5
    In one word: Insanely beautiful
    On P’n’C scale: Instant Favorite
    Must give points: 91

MORE ON: http://prosncons.22web.org/
  26. May 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jason Brody was never meant to be a killer, from the moment player’s step into his shoes Jason is scared and horror stricken as he watches his brother murder to try and liberate them from the pirates. Soon afterwards his brother is murdered by Vaas, the pirate leader who’s kidnapped his friends and family, alone and frightened Jason is taken in by the villagers who call this island home after narrowly escaping from the pirates.
    The tone of Far Cry 3 is set now, the game is dark and bleak, making players reconsider their own morals on violence. Jason doesn’t start off right away as wanting revenge, he simply wants to save his younger brother Riley and his friends. The power he feels every time he takes down an enemy is intoxicating, he enjoys it. An insecure young man now finds himself with a purpose, even telling another shell shocked friend that killing feels “like winning”.
    The game immerses you instantly, with splendid voice acting, Vaas gets inside the player’s head, questioning the insanity and futileness of never being able to kill the player. Through hallucinations and cut scenes the players discover the chill inducing similarities between Jason and Vaas. Causing the question to arise of whether or not the choices Jason makes can be considered morally right. The game brings forth the question, how far are you willing to go for those you care for? And what kind of person will you be after making those decisions?
    This lead to the moral dilemma of whether to go mass killing sprees to take over pirate bases, this is not necessary to further the plotline but is incredibly helpful to the player. Providing experience the more people that Jason kills the better he becomes earning experiences that can be used to buy upgrades to better handle weapons and fight. The bases also provide places for the player to sell goods and buy more supplies to further them along, taking over more bases also allows for new weapons to be unlocked that are incredibly powerful.
    Loss of control is the central theme moving the story along, from seeing the unhinged Vaas snapping at Jason and falling over the edge into insanity. Jason’s friends are shown to be unhinged or having completely lost it after days of torture. Jason is no exception from this, the man who once whimpered at the idea of someone being killed has now come to enjoy the slaughter, and it feels like winning after all.
    Not only for Jason but for the player as well, as Jason is developed and his transition from average civilian to ruthless killer, the player transitions with him. As the player progresses they can find ways they are most comfortable with in order to gain the most experience as well as having the game become easier as they upgrade. Being able to shoot open pens to have locked up tigers and bears attack pirates for you and allow you to take over the bases quicker can be a thrilling experience. The opportunity to cause raw chaos is invigorating, and why not throw in a Molotov while the base is in a panic? Nothing quite as fear inducing as a flaming bear coming right for your face. Feels like winning indeed.
    Far Cry 3 is a first person shooter that treats its characters and player for what they are, people with consciousness and their own moral standing. Should mass shooter games really be this enjoyable? Should the amount of violence and chaos seen be so naturally addictive to create? Maybe not, but it is.
  27. Apr 28, 2014
    this Is the best game ever....Best Fps...and amazing and stunning graphics....This is not a regular Fps like COD..If Unique and different with an interesting story...Definitely the best game of 2012
  28. Apr 23, 2014
    Shooters besides open-world games should be taken somewhat 50 hours usually from me to involve over an experience. Far Cry 3 doesn't seem so much like 'fictional'-- [Impressive] Far Cry 3 nails to 'reality', 'Fun' rather than 'fiction' which is most likely joy and valid to anyone.
  29. Apr 20, 2014
    I really enjoy games with this type of open world environment that you can explore and also do this in the order you feel like is the most fun, The graphics of the game and how smooth it runs is just amazing.
    I Also enjoyed the story alot!!
  30. Apr 14, 2014
    For the most part, I enjoyed the running around and clearing camps aspect of the game. I was hoping for a little more in the crafting department, but I was ultimately satisfied with what the game provided. What drove me insane about this game were the boss puzzles. Very rarely were they actually combat. Instead, you had to memorize the key combinations or beat the clock. These gimmicks get old very quickly.

The story and atmosphere of the game went a long way to diminish what could have been a very strong game. To put it bluntly, the game was one big cliche'. Every so called "twist" was so predictable as to be painful. I also find the concept of "experienced combat veteran" (Grant) getting killed in the first few minutes and "incompetent noncombatant becoming god of war" (Jason) one of the most annoying tropes ever. As mentioned in other reviews, Grant was the logical choice for being the hero.

I don't like "busy work" in my games. Having to collect x number of y objects is a surefire recipe to boredom. Some of the backdrops (namely ruins and submerged caves) made the process a lot easier, but truthfully I never intended to finish those mini-games. This is a common weakness among Ubisoft games.

Finally, I personally am not a subscriber to either tattoos or recreational drug use, both of which play a central role to the game; both in story and in gameplay. The whole glorification of substance abuse made the game so much less that what it could be.

Now on to some good stuff. The Dunia engine is amazing. I love the seamless transition between wandering the jungle, swimming in the ocean, finding an underwater cave and then swimming into an ancient ruin.

I had fun with the gunplay. I thought sniping a bit weak, especially with the .50 cal. A really powerful scope and you can easily hit something from 1k away. I realize why the sniping was clipped, but it was still a disappointment. I was glad to see that spreading fire carried over from Far Cry 2.

I was very grateful for the absence of many of Far Cry 2's mechanics. Weapons don't degrade that fast. Even the cheapest of weapons would last longer. Malaria was stupid. The perpetually respawning enemy outposts was also thankfully absent. I suppose it says something about a game when some of its positive aspects are omissions from its prequel.

The single most disappointing thing is that I saw the potential for the 10 scores that people keep throwing out there. It could have been "THE" game of the year. Whether it was lackluster development or different design philosophy, that potential was wasted.

Still wasn't as bad as Mass Effect 3.
  31. Apr 8, 2014
    Two main reason I dropped this game:
    1. Cheap and exhausting interface, either the developer team is dumb or barely put any effort into it.
    2. Buggy, specially terrain reference... You're going to constantly stumbled unto some pebbles or terrain layer joints and have to jump over or press dash button again. Needless to say, it's annoying as hell when you have to deal such a thing in the
    heat of a battle. Other things like game broken bug - I encountered 2 place that get you stuck during one Monkey mission in the temple area. And finally a total blackout for no reason during a strong hold capture. Have those Ubi staff ever test play their f*cking **** Have they put the money supposed to go to the quality administration to make more promoting videos? Expand
  32. Apr 6, 2014
    Great and fun game but it's too short! i would give a higher score if the story was longer, but i still love it! I hope the next game has a longer story ;)
  33. Mar 31, 2014
    just played first few missions or something, stopped at the mission repairing some boat or something. cant save my game though, maybe some bull-leavings glitch. didnt even bother to fix it cause the game is crap. graphics is scum of the earth for a game with lots of reputation. even the boring farcry 2 have stunning graphics though. this one is like you put farcry 1 in the toilet and you flush it and what comes out of the drain is farcry 3. TADAAAA!!! the island setting in farcry 3 is.... well, i dint like it. farcry 1 island setting is better though (cause it didnt get flushed out of the toilet, if you know what i mean). dont get me wrong, i like **** urmmmm, i mean beaches. but only in REAL LIFE not in games. only **** are fun in games and real life (maybe the developers are mistaken on this fact). thats all, i rate this bae on my enterained level. no offence to this game but this s the only fun i get from it. Expand
  34. Mar 26, 2014
    +Impressive Stealth
    +Weapon Customisation is a Lot of Fun to Use
    + Hunting Animals are Fun
    The Cons -
    - Vaas needed more screen time
    - Boss Battles are Quick Time Events

Overall Verdict -
    9/10 Incredible
  35. Mar 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a game that is lovingly crafted and rich in detail. It is one of the few sequels that fixes the problems of its predecessor without adding [m]any new ones. Gone are the dreaded Malaria, gun jamming and check point respawn mechanics. I initially held off on Far Cry 3 upon its release and grabbed it as a bargain buy on Steam. However, I would happily pre-order the next title going by the quality of this one.
    Playing Far Cry 3 on a high end system is like taking a passport into a dangerous, virtual realm. It is captivating and will have you coming back for more.
    I cannot wait to see what Ubisoft come up with after this.
    I have given Far Cry 3 the perfect 10 as I feel that it merits the score based on the sheer amount of content and attention to detail (and being a relatively bug free experience).
    Ubisoft, I salute you.
  36. Mar 19, 2014
    It does nothing you haven't seen in 1000 other Games already! And I'm so sick of always the same crap only with a ne environment and new people! It's not an 0 but the score is definitely to high!! It has amazing grafics, but the boring gameplay ruins that all! All you do in quests is shoot yourself through dozens of ever the same (lame!) enemys, defend a position when a partner is working and take the nearest car and drive somewhere!! Expand
  37. Mar 17, 2014
    Generally a really well done, fun game but it cannot match the supreme experience of Far Cry 2 - though that in itself is no shame. The combat works well, the new takedown mechanisms add to the stealth options but in the end the AI is too blind for stealth to truly work and reach the same heights as in Far Cry 2. Stealth is most fun in the beginning before you realize just how close and visible you need to get to get caught. Once you realize that, you tend to stop trying.

I recommend Ziggy's mod for an improved challenge and gameplay experience but the vanilla is also an enjoyable ride if you like it easy.

The game starts off at its strongest point and then slowly slides. The first island is great fun and both exploring and fighting is just addicting. However, as you get all your skills, weapons and move on to the second island, it starts to slide slightly and by the end it's all routine. The story also falls short, unfortunately, and by the end it straight up stumbles. The ending, whichever you choose, is awful.

That said, the awesome graphics and fun game mechanics make this a great game overall and it should be played by any FPS fan. The best shooter made since its prequel.
  38. Mar 16, 2014
    is the best shooter I ve ever played. I enjoy every mission. the voices and movement of characters are very good. there s no words to describe how good this game is...
  39. Mar 13, 2014
    This is possibly one of the worst written and acted games I have EVER played. The voice acting is so cringe worthy and atrocious that you will end up rooting for the bad guys to kill your character. The combat is much too easy with every human enemy dying in one or two rounds (or arrows) and animals being slightly harder. The graphics are the only thing worth giving a plus for, as the game drags on way too long with the dumbest story you will ever experience. A spoiled rich kid with a prepubescent voice killing off pirates that the local militia apparently aren't capable of. The weapons can all be obtained within a couple of hours as money is everywhere, and the Assassins Creed like radio towers provide them for free. On top of that, the game crashes every two hours without giving you a hint as to why. It makes me wonder if the professional critics played the same game as I did.

I give it two points for the graphics, but that is honestly the only redeemable thing about it. The experience was just loathsome, especially the voice acting will make you want to stop playing as soon as anyone talks.
  40. Mar 12, 2014
    Awesome game with an impressive open world; Lots of opportunities for wandering. A nice plot and well-made side missions. Far Cry3 is a perfect game. Salute to Ubisoft!
  41. Mar 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best game I have played and I think that many people also liked it
    because the game has a good plot and a beautiful graphics similar to Crysis 3.
    I have rated this game on 9 because I saw some bugs for example: when I was
    bitten by shark, protagonist began to pull the bullet out of the hand. Another
    reason why you must play this game, it is the antagonist Vaas Montenegro
    (leader of the pirates). He is cruel and unpredictable also he is always
    swearing. Despite small disadvantages the game is interesting and very colorful.
  42. Mar 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great all-round game, but not without it's flaws. For example, the gameplay is great, the crafting fantastic, but the game seemed to get stale after a while for me (however I am used to the replayability of Skyrim). Also, there is some scenes incorporated that I wish had been left out (the Cirta boob scene for example): they're simply unnecessary for the storyline. So, an 80%, then. Expand
  43. Mar 2, 2014
    farcry 3 is like jurasic park expect you dont kill dinosuars . it is amazing and it is breathtaking and the best adventure creating the most epic brilliant game ever .
  44. Mar 2, 2014
    A wonderful game.

Enjoyable missions, varied tasks, a good story, an emotional connection to characters, minimal "grind" or "walking simulation". On the whole, a satisfying ride that I'll probably come back to again to play all the way through.
  45. Feb 28, 2014
    Far Cry 4 got me hooked, great graphics and gameplay, absolutely no crashed or stuff ups and good value for money too. Unlike it's predecessor I found myself more involved with the game, the story and characters. The side quests were a waste of time for me anyway which lets it down.

9/10 Rubber cookies.
  46. Feb 23, 2014
    Very satisfying combat, but it gets boring when every outpost attack is the same. The story is pretty lame really, and all of the characters in the little side-quests are totally boring and I wish I could skip the dialogue. The feeling is this is somewhere between the Just Cause series, where the plot doesn't really matter and it's just a ton of fun to cause chaos on the island, and something more serious like Skyrim where the story is pretty deep and enjoyable. Expand
  47. Feb 22, 2014
    I liked this game better then Far Cry 2, Far Cry 2 was too repetitive always the same situation shoot the truck over and over, even though this game was still repetitive it wasn't as bad as Far Cry 2. Pros *Graphics were good, jungle looked realistic (if a little too bright) *I liked the skill system *Good music *Nice variety of weapons shooting the animals in cages to kill off the enemy's was enjoyable

Cons
    repetitive
    annoying animal quick time events
    game too short just 10 hours
    long bosses left me feeling sea sick
    the plane part where they attack from all sides was too difficult
    lastly animals taking 2 full magazines to kill even if aimed directly at their head was way too unrealistic

I rate this a 5
  48. Feb 21, 2014
    This game is very unsafe for my son Tony. He drives in a car on a DIRT road with out a seat belt, Like seriously what were you thinking! Also the grass in this game along with other vegetation in this game are really off centered. I feel as though the grass shouldn't simply slide back and forth but perhaps go with the flow of the wind. Also my son can freely kill people? Why would you put this in the game? He needs to turn himself in this isn't right. Why do these people hate my son anyway he hasn't done any wrong and if he has i apologize on his behalf and i promise he will most definitely not ever do this again.

This is a message from the unhappy moms of America
    Good day
  49. Feb 20, 2014
    As a fat gay dad, I really enjoyed this game. The weapons are varied and the stealth is well realised. You can run over wildlife in this game. No penises or obese women.
  50. Feb 8, 2014
    Pretty good game, it would probably be 9/10 if it weren't for some techincal issues... Overall good story, plenty of action, gigantic world, spent almost 50 hours finishing this one, definitly recommended
  51. Feb 5, 2014
    This game is full of **** I don;t know where to start. In short, the only thing great is the graphics.

The map is huge, but tedious to travel around, especially at early stages of the game, when every few seconds a car full of enemies will pass by wherever you're at. If you decide to fight them, its an endless fight because they somehow keep spawning like rabbits. The animals are even
    tougher, as they are immune to headshots, which is a **** joke.

The looting system is crap. The hitbox for detecting the bodies is incredibly small, I practically have to be kissing the body to loot it. And even if I am pointing my crosshair at the body, the indicator is to loot the gun instead. And whats with all the 'hold button x' to do this or do that? If they are so afraid of us misclicking stuff, I cant count the times I mis-looted a weapon instead of a body.

The stealth is **** They cant see me crouching in the open, but can detect me even though I'm hiding behind a huge tree that completely blocks line of sight. Enemies can see through walls to detect dead bodies, instantly detects me when I make a sound by melee-ing the animal cage (was testing if i could melee to break the cage). Said cage was inside a vacant building.

Another stupid feature is the drag corpse perk. Its already stupid enough that jason has to learn how to move a corpse, the whole mechanic is just clumsy and ****ty. If you have played any decent stealth game like Dishonored or AC, you will know what I mean. In these games, you can just pick up the body, move and drop it anywhere. Here? You can only drag it like a **** while moving backwards, and the best part is, you cant even pick it up again if u drop it.

The story is laughable too. 19 year old party boy becomes a master of guerrilla warfare in less then 30 minutes. Side quests are boring and restrictive too. Stuff like restricting weapon required to kill with and the failing quests if moving out of area is just stupid and nowhere near Skyrim-like. To mention this **** game in the same breath as Skyrim is just insulting to the TES game.
  52. Feb 1, 2014
    As a long-time fan of the Far Cry series I did what is usually a mistake: I got extremely hyped for this game to come out and set my expectations very high - which usually leads me to being very disappointing; well, that is completely NOT the case with Far Cry 3! This game is the definition of action (and insanity :D)!
    PROS:
    +The world is massive! If you read my reviews you already know
    I go gaga over open world games.
    +This game has some of the best antagonists out of any other video game I have ever played! (The best villains would probably go to the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.)
    +Incredible voice acting! Like blow-your-face-out-the-back-of-your-head good voice acting!
    +The beginning of the game is extremely intense! You're constantly running from everything because you're weak and vulnerable (basically, you're a person) and you know a group of pirates or a single tiger can kill you - you get such a vivid painting of the terror of survival!
    +Related to the one above; this game executes the survival aspect superbly.
    +While it is reputation of Ubisoft to have cringe-worthy animations they do a really good job in FC3.
    +If you don't know already, you have the option to take over pirate camps - you have at least 3 ways to approach each base, so you can play your own style in this game - or even experiment with other play styles.
    +The story isn't incredible like lets say GTA V, or the Last of Us, but it is enjoyable and you'll remember it for a few years, maybe.
    CONS:
    -The story missions are linear. I don't know why they decided to do that, but they did: An example of this could be that when you take over a base you can do it half stealthy and half action, action, or stealth; the game in the missions supply you with an infamous yellow-bubble of linearness; this bubble makes you play the mission how it wants you to play the mission. Poor development choice if you ask me...
    -If you take over a pirate base they stop spawning in that area - which craps on the survival aspect the game does so well.
    Yes, yes, yes I would recommend this game to anyone - even if they don't like FPS games! It is so worth your money and if you don't have it, pick it up NOW!
  53. Jan 29, 2014
    One of my favorites, FC3 is an amazing game.

For starters, the game is beautiful, and Rook Island looks amazing. The takedown mechanics are solid, stable and really fun! Shooting is satisfying, and also stable.
    But I do have some complaints about this. For starters, money becomes almost useless late game. You unlock guns after activating radio towers, so what's the point of buying
    them? Hunting can also be a chore, and sometimes the animals don't even spawn at their designated spawn ground.

The single player is the best feature of the game. It has a somewhat generic storyline to it, but it's not vital to understanding the game. You're some random kid who gets captured by pirates and now you have to save your friends from the hands of the island's mercenaries, pirates, etc...
    There aren't a lot of guns, but at least you can add modification attachments, and apply paint jobs to them. The environment is detailed and lush, and the graphics are fantastic.

I would give this game a 10, but the multiplayer is this game's Achilles Heel.
    The standard multiplayer is a generic pirate vs rakyat combat with no new innovation or fun. Leveling up isn't as rewarding or satisfying as leveling up in Battlefield. When I discovered that this game had a Coop mode and you could play with your friends, I was ecstatic! But when we finally played it, we were disappointed.
    The Coop is really just a set of really boring missions that revolves around stopping some captain or something, I don't know, i didn't pay attention to the story. Why couldn't Ubisoft make the Coop an open world mode? Imagine driving around Rook Island, you at the steering wheel and a friend in the turret, ready to take down pirates! That's what I was expecting, not the boring generic stupid coop missions.
    The missions hold no variety, there are quicktime events, you have to repair some random piece of machinery, you need to do this and do that, it gets very tedious after a while.
    Granted, the missions can be a little bit fun, but when you get up to the carrying missions, you wish you were playing the single player. There are times where you have to pick up bombs, missiles or other random crap and take it to a place. When you're holding the item, you can't sprint or crouch, you can't shoot. If your friend(s) can't defend you, you lose the mission! What a joke.
    Also, they removed the fire-spread system from coop. The flamethrower is incredibly OP when held by a flamer. It can insta-down you almost quickly, but the flamethrower in your hands is nothing more than a water gun.

Don't expect great multiplayer out of this. Only play the singleplayer.
  54. Jan 28, 2014
    The best gaming experience I have ever had. The game is so good. Perfect graphics, amazing gameplay and an open world. Feel free to have fun! Best game ever!
  55. Jan 25, 2014
    (Note: If you don't have a good computer, it will not run, and even if it does, it'll be extremely laggy.) This game is purely amazing. I'm a huge fan of open world games (Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, etc.) so when I saw this, I had to get it. It has some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and a open world as big as Morrowind. The RPG mechanics are pretty good too. If you are a fan of FPS, RPG, or Adventure games, this game is a must have. Expand
  56. Jan 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is without a doubt the high point of the franchise. After the lackluster Far Cry 2, it's great to see Ubisoft fix just about everything that was wrong with it. Fantastic visuals and optimization. The storyline is good, but not great. There are a lot of poorly fleshed out characters that I would have loved to get to know better, especially the friends that you spend the entire game trying to rescue. The story itself was a bit shorter than I would have liked. There needed to be more story missions where you interact with other characters. The difficulty was definitely too easy. They were definitely trying to appeal to the console crowd by making the game easier, but that's not what Far Cry is. The opportunity to plan attacks on outposts is great, but the lax difficulty means that this really isn't necessary. There were a few glitches and bugs that I came across but nothing that was really severe. However the biggest problem with the game is the multiplayer. Far Cry never was, and never should be, about multiplayer or Co-OP. Resources were wasted on both of these modes that could have been used to improve the singleplayer experience. Overall the game is absolutely fantastic. If they stop trying to appeal to console players and ditch the lame multiplayer and coop modes, then Far Cry 4 can be a complete masterpiece. Expand
  57. Jan 24, 2014
    Fine game, 7/10. Not the greatest experience, but kept my engaged somewhat throughout the game. The narrative did not seem coherent with the world. Made the experience suffer too much.
  58. Jan 13, 2014
    This game is simply perfect, story is best,characters are also impressive.In addition this game has best graphics,far cry 2 was not so much attractive but this is really a master piece. Its story has no link to far cry 2,pc version contains so much bugs like sometimes u cant pick up a weapon.For me,this game is capable of getting 9 at least.
  59. Jan 12, 2014
    Now that I replay this for the third time (the first 2 were on 360), I observe two things.
    That framerate does matter, as so the resolution. It is considerably better looking than the weaker console versions, but overall I would say that the experience is the same.

This is a huge game, with lots of fun to be had (you hear that FC2?) and it is every bit as enjoyable as I remember it.

The second thing I noticed is how bad the writing is. I didn't realise it the first two times but while the overall story is compelling, the actual characters (except from Vaas and Citra of course) are uninspired and really speak bad written lines. The side characters are all too forgetable and while I don't like the art style of this game much, technically the characters look all alike.

Thank god, I don't have to listen to them and I can go do lots of other activities,
  60. Jan 10, 2014
    0 for having to login to the damn stupid Uplay system, and then having found the key is associated with some other Uplay account that was auto-created by a Ubisoft Beta game I had access to, so now I can't play the game I bought and paid for.
  61. Jan 10, 2014
    Never played the first 2 games. So this is a brand new experience to me. Far Cry 3 Is a very good game.
    The story is at the top of it's game with interesting characters and lets be honest one of the most memorable side villains of all time in gaming, Vaas his appearances in game were my favorite moments in the game.
    The Open World element is strong too. Vast Jungles to the Open seas make
    this the most entertaining FPS of the year.
    The Multiplayer was mediocre but some features shined such as the Game Ending Cinematics with the top 3 players of the winning team and the best player of the losing team, The 1st place player of the winning team chooses to Spare or Kill the losing player, which I found very funny also the map edit feature was excellent as well.

62. Jan 10, 2014
    Та же проблема, что и у far cry 2. Быстро надоедает. Нет воздушного транспорта. Да и вообще военной техники. Только джипы и лодки с пулеметами. Как по мне, так бред. разве, что графика красивая. За это 3.
  63. Jan 5, 2014
    Only one thing, Incredible Certainly one of my favourite game.. Great grapichs, great story line and most of all great characters.. Pretty fun also the editor mod
  64. Jan 5, 2014
    This has absolutely been the most entertaining game I've played in a long time. The graphics are top notch, the action is top notch and on top of that it had a nice story.
  65. Jan 5, 2014
    Good game with great open environments. Story keeps you engaged and keeps giving you a reason to push forward. Eventually some of the open world aspects continue to feel repetitive. For the price I paid for this game (5 dollars) it was well more than worth my money.
  66. Jan 4, 2014
    Far Cry 3, exceeded my expectations. The only problem I had with this game other than some of the boxes when going on a sloped surface is that after finishing the game I lost the will to play it again for a long time, even though I told myself I'll complete all the side-quests.
    The story is amazing and it truly makes you feel a part of it. You develop feelings for characters, for some you
    feel sorry, some make you laugh and some you admire. Even the antagonists are characters you feel for them.
    The open world and the ways you reveal it are a big part of the game and it pretty much scores it.
    From the little things like driving, crafting or gaining skills to the shooting and completing the game Far Cry 3 nails it.
    All I can say is that I highly recommend every shooter and campaign enthusiasts to get the game.
    Multiplayer is great but nothing too special.

I can't wait for Far Cry 4.
  67. Jan 3, 2014
    Having played Far Cry 2 and getting bored before finishing it, I wasn't sure whether it was worth playing this, but it was on steam for 5 quid and a friend told me it was much better. He was totally right!! I really enjoyed playing through this game and even once the story missions was over I wanted to continue, which is rare for me.

I think the main improvements on the last game (which
    I can't remember all that well tbh) are the emphasis on hunting and crafting items and the storyline which I thought was strong if a little far fetched, but hey, we don't always play games/watch TV/read for realism anyway. I thought the voice acting was good especially from the various antagonists. Graphics as with FC2 are very good and ran well on my mid level machine after quite a bit of tweaking.

My main criticism of this game was no proper support for playing with both gamepad mouse and keyboard as driving is a right pain with the keyboard and I like to have the option when not engaged in combat to choose between the two (helps with the RSI's lol). The only reason I can think why they did this is because of the use of prompts throughout the game. Anyway I found a WORK AROUND of sorts which was to set it to gamepad (I used a wireless 360) and when I switched it off it automatically switched to mouse and keys, and back again when I switched back on. You'd think it would have been easy enough to automatically switch the prompts to the last input device used on the fly, right!?

If you're going to play this make sure you spend a good chunk of time early on, hunting, crafting, and capturing radio towers (unlocks weapons as well as maps). Also make use of the camera when preparing to raid a camp as it make life a lot easier, as do some of the syringes.

I'm giving this a 9 but it's probably more like 8.6

Funniest/Most disturbing moment of the game "You know...I never thought I'd be able to kill someone. The first time, it felt wrong. Which is good, right? But now...it feels like winning."

Probably gonna do some more "winning" on FC3 Blood dragon next or maybe Skyrim which I just got for dirt cheap off steam as well. Happy days :D
  68. Jan 3, 2014
    An way better experience than Far Cry 2
    Beautiful graphics great story and an whole tropical island for you
    It's an really great game and it deserves to be played
  69. Jan 1, 2014
    This game is amazing. In short, if you want to play a story driven FPS with an open world any time soon, play Far Cry 3. In this review, despite the high score I have given it, I will primarily point out flaws rather than praising it.On the technical side FC3 has brilliant visuals. The jungle environment is fitting for open world stealth and the large amounts of foliage both look fantastic and make for almost believable cover. The sounds in FC3 really excel. The music always adds to the experience and the voice acting is some of the best I've experienced in a video game for a long time. The mechanics are not always intuitive, the takedown feature, after a number of upgrades, can rely on too many unintuitive key combinations at the same time. Besides this, the actual gunplay, stealth, driving and other upgrades are excellent examples of what modern shooters should aim for. An area that is very poor is the AI. It appears that to avoid the common stealth problem of having AI that automatically know where you are, the AI are completely dumbed down. They can track your last location correctly, but you will often see a guard walk straight past you when you are in plain sight. It must also be pointed out that story quests make heavy use of quick time events, these are a blight on games right now and they occasionally severely interrupt a cutscene. On the non-technical side, the story has some flaws. I went into this game expecting a fairly realistic game oriented around surviving being kidnapped and not being killed by the opposing faction, instead (spoilers) I found a game that behaves like a serious experience that I described, littered with some strange "magic" type story about tattoos and natives to the island. It should not have been in the game at all. The delusion and drug sequences were great, but they should have been oriented around drug usage or illness, not magic potions. The multiple choice ending was just utterly ridiculous. Why give us two choices that only affect the last 5 minutes of the cutscene at the end of the game? And why is one of them so utterly disappointing. The experience also drags on due to a lack of variation nearer the end of the game. You'll probably play around 30 to 40 hours of the game before this happens, so it's still absolutely worth the purchase. I recommend Far Cry 3. Despite all of it's flaws it has great gameplay, it is a fun and engaging experience, and it starts off brilliantly even if it doesn't last the full length of the game. Expand
  70. Dec 31, 2013
    Seriously? Far Cry 3? More like Far Cry 2.5 with newer graphics and higher system requirements. I was really looking forward to this game after reading the reviews. Ah the memories of the original Far Cry where it was new and original. I thought, hey, maybe they changed it up a bit. NOPE. Same old, same old. Driving, or fast traveling, from place to place. Radio towers to get to and sabotage. Repetitive missions. Hang gliding, zip lining. BORING. Same clunky weapons buying and upgrade system. Now need to craft bigger wallets, weapons belts, etc... So they mixed in Skyrim RPG elements of crafting into a FPS style game? And not only that, did it in a poor design? Running around killing animals located who knows where to make a new belt? Who thought up that horrible idea? I'd rather you have to find, or kill someone, to get that new weapon, or upgrade rather then swim around with sharks to make what I need. This game stinks.

Pros: Great graphics. Got it for $29 on sale at Target. Thank god I didn't pay full price. If you haven't played 1 or 2, then you'll find it a good game. If you've played either, then there is nothing new to see here.

Cons: Everything. Nothing fresh, nothing new. A game can't get by on looks alone. I don't mind game sequels, and some are great. However, this is just a dressed up, new version of what got boring and old in Far Cry 2.

Conclusion: I wish I hadn't spent $29 on this dung heap. Maybe a Steam sale at $7 or something, and just playing it to see the graphics and experiment if you were going to like the game and I'd be Okay with it. However, it is simply a terrible rehash of what is now a series that either needs a complete reboot or simply to go away.
  71. Dec 30, 2013
    If there is one thing I really like about games, its the ability to continue playing even after the story missions are complete. Far cry 3 gives you this in a number of ways, allowing you to have hours of fun after you play through the full story. Far cry 3 is a completely massive game, with pirate outposts, towns, wildlife, radio towers, memorable landmarks, temples, ect. The game feels alive, and sometimes when your just walking through the jungle your eye will catch a tiger chasing a goat, or a pack of dogs with rabies running down a deer. Or you might walk right into a little creek, then get jumped by a alligator. Little skirmishes between the jungle tribes are happening everywhere, and there is different types of side missions, that unlock as you liberate more pirate outposts. The more time you give into this game, the sweeter it is. Start liberating outposts, and your bulletin boards will fill up with work requests and side missions to entertain you further. Hunt animals for their hides, and you will be able to craft new gear and hostlers with the surprisingly deep crafting system, that allows you to upgrade your pouches and gear in a number of ways, craft a wallet to hold more money, or craft a fuel sling to be able to refill your flamethrower. Craft a extra weapon hostler to carry a sidearm if your a sniper-type player, or craft a rucksack if your the exploring, looting type. The story was good, and I''m not going to spoil anything, but it is a fairly mature story, with drugs, murdering, torture, ect. The gun-play is fun, and planning a strategy filled attack on a pirate outpost can provide endless fun, especially since there is virtually infinite ways to attack outposts, snipe people off with a sniper/assault rifle from a distance, go in with an LMG, screaming and throwing grenades at everything, or play it stealthily, with a silent but deadly recurve bow and a silenced sidearm. One other cool thing is that fire spreads, and that can result in some really fun to use tactics, such as smoking them out by tossing a molotov on the roof of the building, then blasting them away from the safety of a little sniper nest on the hill, or maybe waiting just outside with a shotgun.

I really enjoyed this game. 9.3/10.
  72. Dec 28, 2013
    One of the few single player game I've finished. Far Cry 3 offers a lot of freedom, but none i would spend too much time on. I found myself speeding through the main story-line, ignoring all the other content. The hunts, and quests were just icing on the cake, which didn't appeal to me, but did present itself in more variety to other players. There were many exciting moments that kept me drawn into the game, but in the end, it was nothing to remarkable. Nonetheless, Far Cry 3 is still a good game in the most parts. Expand
  73. Dec 28, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an excellent open world first person shooter with a very good story. The graphics are amazing and the vegetation is dense, but sometimes the island seems a bit empty. The characters are deep (particularly the villain Vaas!) and the story has some twists. The story is long and has cool cutscenes. There is much to explore on the island. You can craft things, but that is not necessary and more boring than useful. The KI is okay, the game is a bit too easy and the sounds are good. One of the best shooters of 2012! Expand
  74. Dec 27, 2013
    I have to say between 2012- 2013 i have bought over 20 games from GTA 5, Skyrim, to rome total war 2. yet this is the only game that i feel has a proper finished feeling to it! yes graphics and story is all good, but what really makes it special is the originality of the close quarters combat, not even Skyrim is close to it, which one would expect after having developed 3 before daggerfall, morrowing and oblivion, for a CQC game skyrim fighting is bulkish at best and nowhere near as original as far cry 3, i spend most of my time trying original ways to clear camps using cqc and is one of the reasons that have motivated me to finish it for a third time on very hard. the last time i was motivated to do so in a game was metal gear snake eater! by far one of the most polished games of the last 2 years Expand
  75. Dec 27, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was my favorite game from 2012. An open world game that gives you a ton of choice on how you want to approach different situations. The story is also a believable one as its main character, as the story progresses, begins to enjoy killing and satires all of the first person shooters where all you do is kill people. There are plenty of side missions, that include bounties and hunting the wildlife on the island. There is a lot of satisfying content in Far Cry 3. Graphically the game is phenomenal and the game is at just the right length to where you'll never say to yourself "Ugh, when is this gonna end?" Overall, Far Cry 3 exceeded my expectations and any gamer would enjoy themselves playing it. Expand
  76. Dec 25, 2013
    I originally wrote a terrible review for this game and frankly I am embarrassed by it. Once I took the time to learn the game and put thought into surviving in this amazing world, I realized that it is a true gem. Everything about it is perfection; the missions are fun and creative, the environment is beautiful and alive, and the hunting and foraging for the items you need to craft is brilliant. It is an environment that you can spend nearly endless time exploring and enjoying, whether it's daytime or nighttime or during inclement weather, this dynamic land will keep you engaged. This game takes the best elements of (the nearly good game) Far Cry 2 and perfects the experience. If you like open world sandbox games then you need to play this. Expand
  77. Dec 25, 2013
    An amazing immersive experience that blends elements from many other games. The story parts are well crafted, specially the characters and dialogues, and the game play is fluid and very polished. The only downfall of this game is that you will need a powerful machine to really enjoy it and that you will have to install Uplay, even if you are launching from Steam..
  78. Dec 25, 2013
    By far the best single player shooter I have ever played. I have psent over 200 hours playing this game and feel like I have barely skimmed the surface. The mission are thrilling, suspensful and comedic at times too (like buring down marijuana fields with flamethrowers). The different islands are huge and there are so many animals to hunt, so many collectibles and so many things to unlock that one can barely ever finish this game. The characters are extremely memorable and the two big bad guys are frightening as well as completely mad. I was so drawn into thsi game that I played it for over 15 hours the first day I got it. the multiplayer is a blast aswell, and I spent many horus playing both with my friends and against them. YOU MUST BUY THIS, IT IS AS CLOSE TO PERFECTION AS A SHOOTER WILL EVER GET- Expand
  79. Dec 22, 2013
    This game is definitely one of the best/my favorite games of all time, I've spent countless hours playing this game all night leveling up, hunting, killing, and progressing through the amazing story.
    I give Far cry 3 an 10/10. I hope more people buy this masterpiece of a game to enjoy the same experiences I did.
  80. Dec 21, 2013
    Bought the game off steam after it had been out a while as I heard a few people weren't too happy with it. Only paid 20 bucks I think. After 30min of play I am pretty disappointed too due to the dumbing down effect the game forces you into. Even the loot and money are visible on your HUD. I doesn't really feel like you are in any danger at anytime when engaging in gangs as the AI is pretty stupid and even on hard settings just not challenging.

The game becomes very repetitive very quick due to just capturing radio masts and moving to the next one. Probably worth $15 to $20 in terms of eye candy and content. But I wont be buying any more Far Cry franchises regardless of price. Bought Far Cry 2 too and this series is done.
  81. Dec 16, 2013
    As a player of FarCry 2 i was impelled to try this. I waited for it to come out on sale in case i was upset. the only thing i am upset about id not getting it sooner. What a stunning game. So much to do and see, it can keep you entertained for hours on end. Fantastic. Takes some getting used to in my opinion but its great.
  82. Dec 9, 2013
    The game itself is addicting, the bugs however are the intervention. The game is legit a bug fest with frustrating game breaking issues that made me throw my hands up in the air and say eff it. When a game tells me to use the optimal settings (which are 1080p at max settings mind you) it should not look like its trying to drag itself out of a potato sack 3,000 miles to middle of nowhere. That's what the game does, drag out. I've hand multiple bugs, one of them looking like Missing-No from Pokemon Red and Blue Sprite popping up on my mini-map or textures. Long story short: THE GAME IS NOT READY AND WAS RELEASED WITH A NEST OF BUGS TO BREED OVER AND OVER AGAIN. FIX THIS GAME UBISOFT. Expand
  83. Dec 7, 2013
    Don't buy this game for multiplayer buy it for its awesome and intense single player campaign that has all the things you want for a first person shooter and open world game all on one disc
  84. Dec 5, 2013
    This game was absolutely amazing there was a beautiful environment large crafting system wide selection of weaponry there were only a few bad things such as occasionally bad A.I the game got a bit TOO easy but that didn't spoil my love of this flawless game. I highly recommend this game!
  85. Dec 1, 2013
    UPLAY ruined this game..... If not for this stupid draconian DRM scheme the game might be worth playing, but as it stands I count it as money wasted.
    Watch out for more garbage to come from Ubisoft. I heard they were changing back from this garbage..... I was wrong.... Guess I need to take them off my buy list entirely....
  86. Nov 23, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a good game, that most people will enjoy playing. There's a lot to do (campaign, taking over camps, exploring the map, hunting beasts, even playing poker), and all of this is worked out well. Storyline is okay, but not great. Pro's: - Fun Campaign - Large weapon arsenal - Always something to do - Tropical setting - Online co-op - Choosing your own play-style (stealthy or not)

Contra:
    - Online co-op missions are somewhat long 40 mins), and you can't choose a lobby for a specific mission
    - Annoying parachute
  87. Nov 22, 2013
    The graphics are absolutely amazing, I'm running a Radeon HD 7770 with settings on "Ultra". I'm a big fan of Far Cry 2 and these visuals are much more polished and photo realistic in my opinion. While this game does have RPG elements it is not Skyrim, and really shouldn't be compared to Skyrim. This is a shooter in an "open world jungle island" setting with a somewhat linear plot(when you're focusing on the plot). Compared to other shooters like COD and Bioshock the controls are very tight and responsive and do not disappoint. The weapons are nicely detailed and can be customized to fit your play style. The cookie cutter enemy pirates and taking over camp after camp can get be a bit repetitive, but you really have a lot of freedom to have fun with it. There are many interesting ways to take over an enemy camp, lots of freedom. The menu system can be rather maddening, mostly to do with mouse lag in menus(there may be a way to fix this but it hasn't bothered me to that point). The story isn't Oscar worthy but it definitely has it's awesome moments, cut scenes are well rendered and quite gorgeous. I haven't played much multiplayer but it seems very much like COD, I definitely need to find someone to do co-op missions with. Overall I think Ubisoft did a really good job with this one, I'm on my second play through and still having a blast. I'd highly recommend to anyone who enjoyed Deus Ex, Bioshock, Crysis, or even the recent GTA games. I do hate to compare it to other games though seeing as Far Cry has kinda become it's own genre. Expand
  88. Nov 20, 2013
    Amazing game, has everything going for, great gameplay, great story, great graphics, you can't go wrong here. AI may not be the best but is not bad either. Overall this was a great experience that every real gamer should play.
  89. Nov 19, 2013
    Game is borked due to uplay bug and drm. Played intro, had to leave, now my key is invalid and i cant play it no response from ubi support. 30 minute game is bad and not fun 0 score
  90. Nov 17, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played.
    I did not expect it to be so good, I was expecting a linear, boring game play with a predictable ending but it was so good that I will play it again some time in the future.
  91. Nov 12, 2013
    Wonderful. A real, detailed open world where hunting humans is (partially) the name of the game. Superbly immersive and repairs the errors made by far cry 2.
  92. Nov 10, 2013
    A total turn of events, the expectation was so high that this game let me down.
    Apart from multiplayer there's nothing interesting to be done after completing the game plot which by the way seemed to me another let down, whipping Vaas out of the frame so ungracefully just like Bane was trashed out in Dark Night
    The good parts are all there but it especially leaves the feeling of
    unfinished everything but the graphics, sadly. Expand
  93. Nov 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't know, this game got some great reviews and is fairly popular, I'm just not on that bandwagon though.
    Lets start with the graphics, nothing to say against it here, except the terrible graphical glitches I couldn't get rid of such as grey boxes around some objects. Then there is the gameplay, it's way too repetitive and not that fun to be honest. Go to a camp, kill a bunch of guys in red, rinse and repeat.
    Some missions on the other hand were pretty awesome, such as burning a weed farm with an iconic song playing in the background, who cares that the mission was nearly impossible to successfully complete The main problem with this game, which resulted in a 20% drop in rating from me is the atrocious story. What is this crap? First I want to get off this island full of pirates, maniacs and lunatics and then I start helping one group of those lunatics against another group of lunatics in a fight for the island that I shouldn't give a crap about in the first place? And how the heck did I turn from a scared boy that had no experience with weapons into the ultimate killing machine? And the ending, no comment, slice the throat of my girlfriend and go have intercourse with a crazy shaman that ends up killing me, why even include such a stupid option in the game?
  94. Nov 1, 2013
    An absolutely stellar game full of open-world exploration, hunting, tons of fun and entertaining side missions. Some reviewer said that this is like the Skyrim of FarCry, and I can see why. It's just so much fun to hunt deadly animals in the jungle, and then use its skin to make your wallet and backpack bigger. This game has so much emphasis on the character development, it's absolutely impossible to believe this game came from the same developers that made Far Cry 2, a game was about as characteristic as a rock. This game's also a lot more like Far Cry 1 than it is like Far Cry 2. So if you were a Far Cry 1 fan who was disappointed in FC2, this game might be more down your alley. Expand
  95. Oct 27, 2013
    One of the best games out there in the FPS line of games. I has a lot of play time and a great replay value. (one of the best ever for a FPS game) It has solid controls and Effing great graphics. the crafting is spot on and the AI is on the high side of decent. The Multiplayer is great! it even has its own map editor! but the Uplay crap gets VERY annoying at times. and it requires a Pretty impressive CPU to run. 9/10 Expand
  96. Oct 25, 2013
    I think this game is one of the best games ever,because this game is really. I like this game ,because here is very nice missions and quality. This game can be the best game of 2012 years.
  97. Oct 24, 2013
    Its a good shooter with a pretty good storyline. The only thing that I somewhat disliked was the money and animal skin grind. I got it on Steam for a great price with all the downloadable content. The ai could use some tweaking. The environment is stunning. With lots of side quests.Overall its a fun game that had me playing hour after hour.
  98. Oct 23, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing First Person Shooter! You will love the voice acting done by Vaas, the visuals, the music, and the game play! It is defiantly worth putting up with UPlay for!

What's Here: You start out as a scared and wimpy character who as he kills slowly becomes more and more a scary insane badass willing to do anything to get his revenge. You can customize the guns to your
    style of play and you can take two different approaches most of the time to your style of play. Stealth or Run n' Gun. You may also explore the island and take on different missions and side quests as well. Although as the story progresses it takes a sharp decline as one of the protagonists just vanishes and makes you question a lot of things. I don't like to talk about the story much so if you play you can find out.

Gameplay: The game plays out like your usual FPS where you run shoot climb shoot duck shoot and overall just slaughter your way through thousands of enemies. So yeah it's generic but how it unfolds is where it's at! You can make the game a whole lot easier by doing the side quests and outposts and becoming a much more stronger Warrior and taking on Vaas and Hoyt's armies. The hunting is truly done well as each section has their own environments and you can even watch animals hunt other animals. Which brings me to my next part.

Visuals: If you have the PC for it you'll defiantly see it! WOW! JUST WOW! The island is just beautiful. The lush trees. The animal designs. The water. The beach. The gun designs. Nothing beats seeing it all while on your hand glider too! it's a real breath taking experience seeing it all on Ultra. Ubisoft really outdid themselves here!

Sounds: While music isn't all that great but it's not bad just doesn't stand out the voice acting deserves massive amount of credit here. Michael Mando playing the part of Vaas really out did himself here. You'll want to play the game again just to hear the parts! It's so amazing! The guns have stellar sounds as well. No complaints here on them as they sounded pretty damn good. When explosives go off near you and how sounds knida mute out and you get dizzy that was well done as well it pulled me in and made me think I was in the fight.

Controls: While keyboard and mouse are difficult for driving at times for me they may not be for all I found it a lot easier on gamepad to drive than anything else but I learned... well a lil after so many hours of game play. I still suck though. So driving is difficult but everything else works great! No problems handling the hand glider or driving (with my gamepad) or shooting at all. Extremely responsive and no bugs or glitches to report on my end.

Overall: This game is a 9/10! It loses points because the story towards the end was just down right boring and generic. Though there were some parts that made me cringe and go wow... what the I would defiantly recommend this game to everyone.

Warning: This does require UPlay which is a huge disappointment! I was extremely pissed off at first but the game is still a 9/10... I just hate Ubisoft for doing this
  99. Oct 20, 2013
    While this game is not perfect it is definitely a great game and ticks enough boxes to earn 9/10. My only big complaints are the QTEs that are a form of game-design-pollution that must disappear. The island is a masterpiece of landscape/level design. The shooting mechanics are excellent. Skill trees and challenges do the job. The story is GREAT, and the NPCs are well written and well acted. The game is good for 2 play-throughs. Multiplayer is pretty good as well. As for the Ubisoft layer of DRM, its a big negative and a total waste of time.

Orctowngrot
  100. Oct 19, 2013
    This is a solid game with entertaining open world game play. There is a large world to explore with tons of content. The graphics and atmosphere are top notch. I would give this game a 10 but....The game falls down a bit with the contrived ultra grim-dark story and the accompanying story missions. The story missions break from the majority of the game play, forcing you into linear missions and/or QTE. Expand
  101. Apr 2, 2013
    I do kind of like this game, and I did enjoy playing it. However the game feels empty in a way. Everything feels like it is on easy mode. Cash and loot which can be sold for cash can easily be picked up on multiple enemies, meaning your hardly short of it. You can have access to every weapon pretty easily by going up and activating radio towers. This is probably the most time-consuming part of the game, afterwards its merely easy as everything is unlocked and missions are a breeze.

Graphics and environment detail is great however a little behind modern times but who cares about graphics?. However many locations felt repetitive, there wasn't much difference with outposts and was merely boring once you completed a few of them. Gameplay was solid and particularly fun, everything you would want from a standard shooter. However every gun just felt similar and damage wise enemies were an easy kill and no match for me. Vehicles felt very loose when driving and I often found myself swerving off the road trying to turn a corner. Healing system was just pure easy mode, even without the medicine you could still regain most of your health meaning collecting green plants is more of less useless. Story is a bit shabby and is a bit of a cliche. The only real shame the game has is that it gets boring very quickly, I couldn't find myself playing this long hours at a time. After all the work getting everything is done, which is around 2 hours, you will find the game comes pretty repetitive quickly.
    Overall, it's a solid shooter and I would recommend trying it out regardless of its flaws and its repetitive gameplay.

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013