8.2

1. May 20, 2013
    this is one of the greatest open world games!!! everything in the game is great exept the story and few glitches. the story just doesnt make sense. it isnt the worst i seen but its hard to believe it or get attached to the characters and your friends. the thing that saves the story is vaas. Vaas is one of the greatest villans of all time!!!!! vaas is insane and the voice acter is justthis is one of the greatest open world games!!! everything in the game is great exept the story and few glitches. the story just doesnt make sense. it isnt the worst i seen but its hard to believe it or get attached to the characters and your friends. the thing that saves the story is vaas. Vaas is one of the greatest villans of all time!!!!! vaas is insane and the voice acter is just amazing!!! the game has few glitches. for the size of the game they arent so bad but they still are present. now to the good things. the world is just huge. there is tones to do and a lot to explore. the game is full with gorgeous old temples and amazing cliffs and waterfalls. there are also a lot of underwater tunnels and wrecked ships to explore. there are a lot of collectibles. normally i dont like finding collectibles but here its really fun and cool. the game also has a lot of side missions which are really fun. the game has skill trees. they are overall pretty good and they give you useful and fun abilities. the game also has a lot of first person animations. from taking a bullet out of your hand, to climbing plants, the animations are great and really immerse you. the stealth in the game is great as well. you can play the missions how you want to, stealthily or guns blazing. the AI is good. the guns feel great and there are a lot of them.
    this is an awesome open world game!!!! BUY IT ITS AWESOME!!!!!
  2. May 14, 2013
    The best game of 2012, yeah just like that, the question is why the hell it wasn't even a contender ta VGA's, probably because vga is full of crap! PS Just what the did to Deus Ex Human Revolution
  3. May 13, 2013
    This is a awesome game, with a very long and deep history, marvelous graphics and a magnific open world. In game you have a some choices to make, but nothing that changes the final, after all, even with all the fun you got, still there's something missing, that could be more, with all the marvelous open world, perhaps even been a great game, could be greater.
  4. May 13, 2013
    Far Cry is back! Bigger, better and more challenging than when it first surfaced in 2004. After 30-tish hours of playing now, I can only say "the best shooter ever". Period.
    If you liked the original, you will like this one too. One thing that most ppl need to be aware of, is the very sloooow learning curve cause of the RPG elements which are introduced compared to the original game (I don't want to mention Far Cry 2 cause in my eyes that was a true dissapointment of a game). My friends tried it, but then decided to erase it cause it was too complex for a shooter, which you do seem to notice, especially if you're not much into FPS games.
    But this game has it all, a huge beautiful world to explore, with all the details necessary to convince you're on a real tropic island, packed with bad guys which you get dispose off in different ways, trying different tactics every single time. A true definition of a "sandbox" game, do whatever you want, kill who ever you want and go wherever you want. It's only up to you how you spend time in the game.
    I don't care about some scripted linear levels like in Crysis series, taking from point A to point B just because some developer or game designer decided this is exaclty what you need to accomplish in order to go forward. Here, you have the main storyline which is I must say, the best acted play I have ever seen in a game, but most of the time you're off doing stuff exploring the island, driving whatever has wheels, any kind of combustion engine or flying around couple of hundred meters above the lush jungle. Just amazing.
    This game has my warmest recommendation, and believe me, you will be pulled in the atmosphere of the game but first you need to "survive" the first couple of hours until you connect all the dots on how to actually play the game. Give it a shot!
  5. May 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Far cry 3 is a great and dramatic first person open world game. There are level system, buy your own wepons and upgrade them. A lot of fun sidemissions and good graphics. Far Cry 3's story is probably the best story I've ever heard. It is exciting and you get a feeling that you just have to play on and find out what happens next. you have not played this game yet, you just buy it! It is worth every penny!
    Thanks for this game Ubisoft.
    I look forward if Far Cry 4 comes.
  6. May 11, 2013
    I love this game! Far Cry 3 is a really good game with a huge open world to explore. The game also have a great storyline with great graphics. There's a lot of weapons to choose from and the combat system feels fairly difficult and is very enjoyable. Far Cry 3 is really worth its money and the only bad thing I find about it is that after completing the game and taking over all the outpostsI love this game! Far Cry 3 is a really good game with a huge open world to explore. The game also have a great storyline with great graphics. There's a lot of weapons to choose from and the combat system feels fairly difficult and is very enjoyable. Far Cry 3 is really worth its money and the only bad thing I find about it is that after completing the game and taking over all the outposts the game feels a little.. empty. Expand
  7. May 10, 2013
    This game, in one word; amazing. I'm a huge fan of Cry-tek and Far Cry 3 is the best Far Cry yet. Absolutely gorgeous and well worth more than one play-through. Tis an improvement from Far Cry 2 (which i must admit was disappointing) due to improved shooter mechanics, a better story, and the crafting is the icing on the cake, but 1 complaint; the online multiplayer did not live up toThis game, in one word; amazing. I'm a huge fan of Cry-tek and Far Cry 3 is the best Far Cry yet. Absolutely gorgeous and well worth more than one play-through. Tis an improvement from Far Cry 2 (which i must admit was disappointing) due to improved shooter mechanics, a better story, and the crafting is the icing on the cake, but 1 complaint; the online multiplayer did not live up to expectations. Still worth a 10 out of 10 in my book. (sry bout the bad english o.o) Expand
  8. SFJ
    May 9, 2013
    As a huge fan of FPS and RPG,'s Far Cry 3 was my personal favorite games in 2013 and is my favorite game so far! This game has everything u want in an open world game plenty of side activities, great graphics. cool awesome and epic story the list goes on! Far Cry 3 has a large stelth system. With this little meter that shows how close you are to be detected and your machete along with someAs a huge fan of FPS and RPG,'s Far Cry 3 was my personal favorite games in 2013 and is my favorite game so far! This game has everything u want in an open world game plenty of side activities, great graphics. cool awesome and epic story the list goes on! Far Cry 3 has a large stelth system. With this little meter that shows how close you are to be detected and your machete along with some cool assassination tricks u can go realy stelthy and of corse if you wanna kick ass with your rifel or your pistol you can do that too. Far Cry 3 has also a deep hunting system and with that a great crafting system. You see you can kill two bears skin them for all there skins and fur open the crafting menu and use the bear parts to make a bigger backpack so you can keep more loot or maby a bigger gun holster so u can cary more weapons (max 4 To go further, Far Cry 3 adds awesome multiplayer that you can dump a bunch of houers in if u like FPS games. With an exelent leveling system unlocks and more plus a co-op campaign that u can play with up to three friends and it is realy realy realy funny! My advice to you is to get off your computer chair and buy Far Cry 3! if ur into fps games or rpg.s you will love this game! My final verdict for Far Cry 3 is FULL!!! as high as i can give 10/10 buy this NOW! Expand
  9. May 6, 2013
    Awesome game. I just created an Metacritic account just to leave this game a 10/10 review. Best game I've played in a long while. On par with Skyrim. Amazing story. And one of the best endings, ever.
  10. May 6, 2013
    Loved the game shame about people who score it 0 and score bad games 10
    I've voted 10/10 just to help recover the scoring and help generate normality here.
  11. May 4, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a brilliant display of game design by a professional development team, working in the the adventure game genre and applying so many lessons in game design from other games and bringing them together very well. The game, finally is well built, big, fun to play, and also, on highest difficulty very challenging. Models, lighting, weapon play and AI are all excellent. TheFar Cry 3 is a brilliant display of game design by a professional development team, working in the the adventure game genre and applying so many lessons in game design from other games and bringing them together very well. The game, finally is well built, big, fun to play, and also, on highest difficulty very challenging. Models, lighting, weapon play and AI are all excellent. The environmental art and animal behavior is fantastic. Nothing is perfect and it is possible to complain about various design choices, such as the high number of QTEs and the console port clumsiness of the UI on PC. But that is splitting straws. Far Cry 3 boasts a large, brilliantly realised environment, which is beautiful and fun to roam. NPC dialogue and interaction in the general exploration of the island are almost non existant, however it is not a RPG, so much as a FPS, so the lack of interaction with passive NPCs is forgiveably replaced with the gameplay of a 'lone hunter'. To enjoy this the player is offered, cars, trucks, jet skis, quads, boats, hang-gliders and an arsenal of weapons to play with. It is quite a buzz driving at full speed along the narrow island roads, or using molotov and a flamethrower in chaotic battle with a dozen enemies or more, when you can literally set the mountains on fire. The game really has two parts: The open exploration game and the main story-line. The sandbox is great so long as you do not capture all enemy bases. You need enemy bases to spawn guys to fight so clearing the island is a BAD idea and destroys the core gameplay. DON'T DO IT. The other part of the game is the set-piece linear 'main story'. In truth this has pros and cons. The story is great but is totally linear. It also requires a range of different game actions to succeed. There are plenty of quick time events and it can be frustrating replaying sections after numerous fails. Despite some qualms about the play style the set story is really good. We have here stella writing and great humour. The key NPC's are brilliantly written and the voice acting is spot on. While the pirate leader Voss is great, I prefer the drug-fiend doctor and the CIA agent who gets my vote as the FUNNIEST NPC yet writen in the history of game design. Who would imagine references to 'pinkos' in a game written in 2012? Crafting and hunting in the game find a reasonable balance of fun and tedium. They are necessary for a time but are not required once you have skinned enough tigers to get the biggest carry bags. Think about that for a moment and tell me that video games are politically correct. The skill sets are fairly well designed, but not as good as they could have been. It's too bad they are unlocked only through the main quest line. The game offers, finally almost unlimited driving around, running, shooting and arson, on a beautiful set of islands. There are also dozens of different challenges and minigames to try out or master as well as a interesting background story in the form of relics and war letters from the Japanese occupation in WWII, as well as 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' style temples and artifacts. Probably the most important advice about this game was already given: DO NOT TAKE ALL THE PIRATE OUTPOSTS. If you do that the bad guys dry-up and you will become quickly bored in a peaceful paradise. A final nod also to the sound design. We often forget to praise the music mixers and the sound engineers when we praise a design, because the sound effects are so deep a part of the experience we may not even notice them. In this game listening is as important as looking while you roam about and the music rises to match the frenzy of combat brilliantly. It's not a perfect game, but its pretty damn close. What could be PERFECT according to gamers spoilt by such a wealth of great games in the past couple of years? Far Cry 3 hints that a truly perfect game is becoming a possibilty quite soon. This game with a better UI, better (longer, deeper) skill trees and REAL choices/ real interactions with NPCs would be perfect. Witnin the next couple of years one of these great games is going to cross the line and be PERFECT, the Hamlet of game design. Which team will reach Nirvana first? Expand
  12. May 1, 2013
    Overall a genuinely good game with a few flaws.

The gameplay was the best aspect of the game to me. They truly made you feel like a scared little in the beginning. I played the game as a "stealthy" player for the most part. Creeping through the jungle listening for wild animal sounds and trying to desperately avoid confrontations in enemy territory was awesome. Enemy patrols respond
    Overall a genuinely good game with a few flaws.

I played the game as a "stealthy" player for the most part. Creeping through the jungle listening for wild animal sounds and trying to desperately avoid confrontations in enemy territory was awesome. Enemy patrols respond to loud noises and gunfire so you had to be on top of things. In addition to that a lot of the jungle creatures were fairly strong.. especially depending on what weapons you brought with you.

By the end you were jumping off cliffs, sprinting through the jungle, had all silenced weapons, and you were doing brutal takedowns like a true psychopath.

I think the crafting system was a nice touch for the first play-through but after that it just became tiring and old.

I do wish there were more skills to choose from in the different trees so that you had to "specialize" in one area over another. Another thing that became annoying was having my skill unlocks tied to the main storyline instead of the amount of experience I had.

The graphics are pretty nice although I've noticed some glitches and random freezes/CTDs that can be very annoying.

The story was fairly mediocre- they did a great job crafting some of the characters and the atmosphere of the island (Vaas, Dennis, Hoyt, Citra and the whole "mystical/voodoo" feel) but then they did a terrible job with tying the ends together.

The boss fights are all laughably horrendous as well.

Overall a good game.
  13. Apr 29, 2013
    This game, was perfect. It runs great even on my laptop! The story line on the other hand... Truly beautiful, I promise I had to wipe some tears away during the end.. Vaas just completed it. Wouldn't say no to purchase a Dlc where you would play as Vaas through the story.
    But I write down a 9 because of the tricky radio Towers.. They got me to rage a couple of times.
  14. Apr 29, 2013
    You raise your glass in toast to your friend, it’s the beginning of a party! First you’re jet skiing on crystal blue waters, swimming next to beautiful turtles, having a jaunt around the island with your mates, taking a death defying leap off a waterfall, hand gliding overseas and diving in to swim with sharks and, to top it off, sky diving. Pretty awesome huh? Well no, not really, turnsYou raise your glass in toast to your friend, it’s the beginning of a party! First you’re jet skiing on crystal blue waters, swimming next to beautiful turtles, having a jaunt around the island with your mates, taking a death defying leap off a waterfall, hand gliding overseas and diving in to swim with sharks and, to top it off, sky diving. Pretty awesome huh? Well no, not really, turns out this is all just a re-cap of how you got to where you are now, and where are you now? Unfortunately enough you’ve managed to be captured by Pirates, but these aren’t possibly the ones you might be thinking of, with peg legs, long black bushy beards still dripping from rum and mountains of gold, no no no. These are pirates who care a lot for “little white boys” only due to the fact you’re being held at ransom providing your parents love you enough. However you are just a rich kid, partying with your mates, there is no Liam Neeson with a particular set of skills coming to save you. No, no one is coming to save you from your captor who, I nearly forgot to add, is a 100% psycho path who enjoys toying with his hostages imagine if the joker got a tan but held onto the same sense of humour, then you’re getting close to the mind set of Vaas, the Mohicaned maniac who you are now under the possession of.
    Fast forward past your daring escape (no need to spoil the opening), you wake up confused, clearly in some sort of hut with someone beside you. In the time that you’ve spent unconscious the has decided to tattoo you or rather tatau you as it is called, this my friend is your admittedly somewhat cool way to show how much you’ve levelled up in the game, each new skill you unlock in one of your 3 skill trees adds a new part of the tatau to your arm, the 3 trees are the Heron (long range attacks and mobility) the Spider (stealth and survival) and the shark (first aid and killing), for completionists and those with the want to kill in stunning and sometimes spectacular ways will be able to get a good grasp on most of these, however if you’re just going to run and gun your way through then its best if you just focus on the shark. Anyway this man is called Dennis and appears to be your guide through these new lands, he offers you a machete and essentially pushes you on your now task of finding your friends and possibly killing Vaas if fortune holds.

read the rest of my review at http://willza99.wordpress.com thanks for reading
  15. Apr 26, 2013
    (Single Player Review) As a big Far Cry 2 fan, I was happy with this game. The story and characters are an improvement over FC2, as well as the stealth mechanics. The wild animals are a great addition, the game formula is basically a three-way war between Pirates, Natives (your side), and Predators. The amount of random crazy sh*t that can happen keeps the game from getting boring. The(Single Player Review) As a big Far Cry 2 fan, I was happy with this game. The story and characters are an improvement over FC2, as well as the stealth mechanics. The wild animals are a great addition, the game formula is basically a three-way war between Pirates, Natives (your side), and Predators. The amount of random crazy sh*t that can happen keeps the game from getting boring. The biggest downside is that the game is too easy, especially if your the stealthy, careful type. Fortunately there are mods, the most well-known of which is Ziggys mod, which make the mechanics, especially the HUD, more challenging, and I highly recommend it for a second playthrough. If you liked Far Cry 2, you will probably like this game. Expand
  16. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is incredible. Stands out as one of the games of the year, last year. Great graphics, great interface, easy to pick up and play. Great A.I that's smart and guns that actually do damage.
  17. Apr 20, 2013
    I must say, this game really surprised me: infact is surprisingly playable and...fun and even though it may resemble like a "Skyrim with guns", it has its unique traits to make the difference. The game has 3 modes, and the first (and most important) is the story mode, which is basically the core of the game. The story is actually engaging and your character is...not bad! You kindaI must say, this game really surprised me: infact is surprisingly playable and...fun and even though it may resemble like a "Skyrim with guns", it has its unique traits to make the difference. The game has 3 modes, and the first (and most important) is the story mode, which is basically the core of the game. The story is actually engaging and your character is...not bad! You kinda sympathize with him in the end because he becomes sure of himself and becomes a real warrior of the jungle. We also have various missions here and we also need to hunt for animals, in order to increase our inventory. The island is huge and you'll take a lot of time to explore it. The graphics are good but they lack some extra detail that could have made it amazing, but it's still good, without mentioning the huge amount of secrets and things to discover (relics, lost letters from the war, underwater caves, etc). But still, it has some big flaws that really annoyed me: for starters, the idea of giving you an extremely limited inventory is bad and at the beginning of the game you won't be able to carry more than 1 weapon at the time, with also few ammo, few medicines, few grenades, few rockets, few anything! Luckily it can be increased rather quick by just hunting the animals you need but it's a huge limitation at the beginning that forces you to sell almost anything you get and to make you use weapons that aren't good for silent attacks. It looks more like an excuse to hunt animals, more than a real limitation. Since the island is huge, you'll be able to drive on the island, but the controls are horrible and really feels like it's sliding on the road. And those are jeeps. The game will make us see from "his eyes" so we basically play from his perspective in all times...yet we only see his hands: are we a ghost? That really seems a big lack, considering that the "feel" the game wants to give us is a feel of "real life" and engagement. Infact, the inventory shouldn't even be a menu on another screen and it should be on without stopping the game (sort of like Dead Space). That would have made things much more interesting and engaging. The missions are...very lacking too. You get more missions by conquering outposts (and if you do without being seen, you get tons of exp), and these missions are usually of 2 kinds: 1) kill a pirate with your knife 2) kill a rare animal...which is easily spotted on the map. There are also other sub quests, but they are even easier than the previous ones and usually takes no more than 5 minute. In other words, it could have been better Ah, and there are also challenges to do but they usually just give you money, which is so easy to obtain in the game and you'll be often spending it in order to keep your wallet free. And for last, your skills: you don't have levels but you obtain skill points each time you get enough experience: the skills are many and splitted into 3 branches, which mostly differs on game styles more than actual "speccs". It might be good except that the game forces you to play onward for unlocking your advanced skills! I had 5-6 points to spend, but no new skills to buy, and in the end I had to continue in order to unlock more: this again kills the purpose of being free, since you'll be limited on your skills until you reach a certain point of the story, without mentioning that a lot of these skills are useless and gaining skill points is a breeze (1500 exp just for taking over an outpost without being seen!). However, as a story mode itself, is great, engaging and fun, and that alone it's enough to entertain you. But we also have co-op mode, which you take control of 1 of 4 characters, which aren't exactly related with the story of game, and you'll basically do campaigns with more people. I wasn't able to play it entirely due to my bad luck but it was pretty intense! The enemies are tough and your weapons choice (which can be pre-set or the same as your multiplayer set) count. I can't say exactly much, but it's still more variation to a game that have a lot of content. For last, we have a multiplayer, which is similar to Call of Duty in style...except you actually need to aim. There are various modes and the weapons are varied, although unlocked by levels, and you get attachments from decoding (and if I'm right also from levels). The arenas are pretty detailed and very cured: I hardly saw campers and the reason is that you can't kill in few hits (unless you use a shotgun), forcing you to aim and to try to be a little more precise. We also get "killstreaks", which aren't many but they aren't unbalanced either. This mode is, in a nutshell, a more balanced version of Call of Duty, and it's a good time waster for those moments you just want to shoot. All in all, a very good game, fun to play andreally enjoyable, definitely worth a try out if you want to play a good FPS-RPG game. Nothing really original...but it's extremely fun to play! Expand
  18. Apr 19, 2013
    This game isn't to be missed, its unlike every other game you have ever played, it combines, story with action, exploration and hunting. The hunting really sets this game apart from other games and adds a new depth. What this has over Far Cry 2 besides the hunting, is a great AI system where you know if people have seen you and you have a bit of time to hide, stay still etc. The vehicles,This game isn't to be missed, its unlike every other game you have ever played, it combines, story with action, exploration and hunting. The hunting really sets this game apart from other games and adds a new depth. What this has over Far Cry 2 besides the hunting, is a great AI system where you know if people have seen you and you have a bit of time to hide, stay still etc. The vehicles, weapons and open world are fantastic, great use of height just like in Just Cause 2.

My only gripes are my favorite character which I wont spoil dies way to early and the game. The game isn't that hard, there should be a hard mode where you can't see shadows behind buildings, this would make it more real life. Additionally the lack of any helicopters or planes to fly around the expansive island can get annoying. A helicopter would have added an extra element.

Overall this is a game not to be missed, one of the top 3 open world games ever made up there with GTA IV & Just Cause 2.
  19. Apr 12, 2013
    This is a very fun game with lots to do. The story takes a nose dive at the end, could have been a lot better. It practically feels like a different team worked on the end of the game than the first 2/3. Although, it's still very fun. Exploring the island, hunting animals, taking over the island, it's just all very fun. The game can be played run and gun or stealth. Great game.
  20. Apr 10, 2013
    I bought this game on a whim; it was on a Steam sale and I grabbed it based on the reviews I had read on Metacritic. It's a slow start, initially I just wanted to run and drive around exploring the vast first island. Very soon though I dived into the story. The main bad guy Vas is a brilliant digital villain! He really is a nasty piece of work. The actor delivers a believable performance.I bought this game on a whim; it was on a Steam sale and I grabbed it based on the reviews I had read on Metacritic. It's a slow start, initially I just wanted to run and drive around exploring the vast first island. Very soon though I dived into the story. The main bad guy Vas is a brilliant digital villain! He really is a nasty piece of work. The actor delivers a believable performance. I dipped in and out of the story because the side missions are just incredibly entertaining. Capturing a base by using stealth is tense. It's rare that you can take a base by simply gunning it! Then there's the crafting, the very simple mechanism to craft bigger bags to carry more weapons and ammo is intuitive. Hunting with a bow is enormous fun!! The story has a few twists but nothing that original. But it's the digital performances that really stand out; Dennis is another believable character. Explore, hunt, capture, kill, skin and destroy! That's 35 hours that is well worth the £15 I paid. Expand
  21. Apr 8, 2013
    Excellent game. I enjoy the many choices you can take, there are so many weapons and you can customize them in any way. The skills involved in this game have meaning.
  22. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is awesome. It really sucks you in. The outposts, the hunt challenges, missions,... plenty to do. Many people complain about the poor story but I liked it.
    So why only 7? Well, because the game had a lot of technical issues on my pc. I'm not going to post all my specs, but let me say I run Battlefield 3 with all the bells and whistles on an average fps of 80. In far cry I had to turn of all the options (like anti aliasing,...) Still got fps drops, graphical glitches and so one. From time to time it was really game braking. The game feels like a sloppy console port. No support from Ubisoft nor Nvidia. To bad, this game could have been perfect.
  23. Apr 4, 2013
    Great game all around. Loved it. Combat was well rounded. I can sneak into an enemy camp and murder them all quietly or set it on fire and go in guns ablaze. Hunting was fun and challenging. Graphics were great as well. A recommended buy.
  24. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm an older PC gamer (late 40's), with limited experience (Battlefield 2 & 3, sniper games, etc) and really have had no use for a story in a game (the quality of graphics in this game made me interested, and the $30 price I saw made me buy it). I have to say that the story was interesting, I wanted to follow it and fully understand it, and really enjoyed playing through it. The side quests are fun, although some are very simple, and most are short. Hunting for certain skins is a great way to level up your items, along with money for guns. Love the weapon selection and the ability to add/change accessories. The map is very large, beautiful, and the ability to just explore it all when you want to take a break from the story is a plus. The game really is well done. The only cons I came across were the invisible pirates I ran into a few times. Couldn't kill them but they sure could kill me. Heard them talking right next to me as I was getting shot, but couldn't see them.... and... all the cussing and random stupid conversations of pirates complaining about STDs, etc. And while Citra was especially sexy, I didn't need the nudity/sex. All of that was unnecessary and keeps me from letting my kids play it.

The one thing I love about it, that I really pay attention to, is how well the AI works when it comes to not being noticed by the people you are shooting at. Other sniper games I have played have AI that knows exactly where you are all the time and there is no way to sneak around. But this game, after taking a few shots from a distance, and upsetting a group of pirates... They may look in your direction, but as long as they haven't seen you, you can just move around to different areas and even approach them from behind. Very helpful when taking down outposts for max XP. And... a sign of a good quality game, in my experience.

In short...
    Pros:
    AI, story, hunting, numerous side quests, large map, numerous available achievements listed, and of course Citra's amazing body ;)

Cons:
    Constant bad language, side quests are way too short, PC version would crash on me sometimes when I just had the game paused overnight.

A 10 if there wasn't so much use of the C, P and F words.
  25. Mar 29, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an extremely immersive open-world shooter with good graphics, great audio, and tons of content. It also features one of the most incredible villains gaming has ever seen. The shooting is top notch, and there are tons of guns to choose from, as well as combat styles (sniping, stealth, heavy weapons, etc.). Just about the only complaint I have is that it's very disappointing toFar Cry 3 is an extremely immersive open-world shooter with good graphics, great audio, and tons of content. It also features one of the most incredible villains gaming has ever seen. The shooting is top notch, and there are tons of guns to choose from, as well as combat styles (sniping, stealth, heavy weapons, etc.). Just about the only complaint I have is that it's very disappointing to explore a large cave, and find nothing but a chest with vendor trash inside and maybe a bit of cash. Also, the perks make the game too easy, but you can always choose not to take them.

It's a miracle that games of this scope are still being made today in an age of incredibly short, rehashed games. Absolute must for fans of sandbox games and shooters.
  26. Mar 29, 2013
    Awesome experience, very fun to play, it has been long time since i played a game that offers such a great solid story.. the main mission are amazing, they feel very dynamic and hyper, every mission there reaches the peak of the game, the feeling that you usually get at the end of a game is present in nearly every story-mission in Far cry 3, which makes the game much more fun and a lotAwesome experience, very fun to play, it has been long time since i played a game that offers such a great solid story.. the main mission are amazing, they feel very dynamic and hyper, every mission there reaches the peak of the game, the feeling that you usually get at the end of a game is present in nearly every story-mission in Far cry 3, which makes the game much more fun and a lot less repetitive.. also the extrapolation and side missions are so much fun.. and the stealth Technics are surely splendid..
    The bad side the crafting system is very Tight.. i owned all the crafting recipes so fast in the game.. that all the hunting i did later was useless.. though i did still needed to expand my loot rucksack/wallet..etc even after they were fully expanded.. i also hoped they gave us a bigger chance to develop an emotional attachment with Jason's friends.. and they could have explored Vaas personality even more as well they were able to escalate the story much more through Vaas, which they didn't, but in the overall the game is hell fun, with so many great aspects.
  27. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I was waiting to get this game on eBay, I was playing Far Cry 2 every single day. I was thinking that I would finish Far Cry 2 so I would understand the Story of the third game, but I didn't need to. It was a whole different story then then the second one. It had an amazing story. The game play was amazingly fun, and the graphics were incredible. The game had that ending were you chose between two things. -kill your friends or save them-. my only problem is that you have to craft packs for ammo or more weapons. No, it's not that part, it's that it starts you with absolutely NOTHING. 30 bullets in a clip and 60 in total, including the clip. You also only get 1 weapon slot when you start. You also need the craft wallets to hold more money. Who even does that in games?! 9 out of 10. Expand
  28. Mar 27, 2013
    Leaps and bounds improved over far cry 2. This takes it back to its core of an amazing looking game that is very fun to play. I just built a new PC and what better way to test it out then with a new far cry. I was not disappointed the detail is second to none.
  29. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is incredibly immersive. The possibilities, gameplay wise, are endless. The story is driven and well-written. The voice acting is of a high quality. Exploring the islands is enjoyable and rewarding. Gun-play is solid and responsive. The overall experience is fantastic. When you spend money on a game you want to get value for money. Far Cry 3 certainly delivers.
  30. Mar 25, 2013
    I don't even know where to start, good story, fast paced or slow depending on what you choose, very open, hands down the best game I think I have ever played!
  31. Mar 25, 2013
    "Far Cry 2" was a boring, dull game. Ubisoft realized it and made the work on bugs. As a result, the developers have created great and awesome the third part of Far Cry series. In this game almost everything is perfect: graphics, which is beautiful even on low settings, nice soundtrack, big, enthralling open world and, of course, exciting campaign with awesome plot and interesting"Far Cry 2" was a boring, dull game. Ubisoft realized it and made the work on bugs. As a result, the developers have created great and awesome the third part of Far Cry series. In this game almost everything is perfect: graphics, which is beautiful even on low settings, nice soundtrack, big, enthralling open world and, of course, exciting campaign with awesome plot and interesting characters. And speaking about characters, I want to highlight Vaas Montenegro. In my opinion, this crazy and charismatic man is one of the best antagonists gaming history. In general, "Far Cry 3" is one of the best games of 2012 and one of the best games that Ubisoft have ever made. Bravo. Expand
  32. Mar 24, 2013
    Ubisoft’s highly anticipated ‘jungle simulator’ Far Cry, on the Sony Playstation, the Xbox 360 and of course the Pc, maybe the greatest open world first person shooter ever. If you haven’t heard of Far Cry 3 by now you’ve most likely been not only living under a rock, but been buried 25.000 feet under a mountain on a planet in another galaxy. Well, if you happen to not know, I can tell youUbisoft’s highly anticipated ‘jungle simulator’ Far Cry, on the Sony Playstation, the Xbox 360 and of course the Pc, maybe the greatest open world first person shooter ever. If you haven’t heard of Far Cry 3 by now you’ve most likely been not only living under a rock, but been buried 25.000 feet under a mountain on a planet in another galaxy. Well, if you happen to not know, I can tell you that this game, is most likely the most beautiful, exciting, fun, brutal, action packed open world first person rpg shooter I have ever played. So far the game, for some people, is the best game of its kind, with its amazing open world, back chilling stealth elements, hard boiled action, great hunting, scary random encounters and crafting and to top it off, some of the most impressive graphics I’ve seen in a long time, but for others the game is simply a stupid ‘Rambo simulator’ with too many guns and explosions and too little survival. I can’t tell you which one is the most correct, but I can tell you that the game is one of my all time favorite games. And to top it off the game has an amazing storyline that will keep you awake for hours at night just wondering what will happen next.

To wrap it up, without any spoilers, you play as Jason Brody, who on a vacation with 5 of his friends, gets lost on a tropical island while skydiving. He and his brother is taken as prisoners by the local pirates, who run the island. They now have to escape. A long intro/tutorial sequence follow, and Jason is saved by Dennis, who is part of the Raykat, a group who rebels against the pirates. Dennis teaches you how to hunt, craft and survive in the jungle. He now has to save his friends, who are scattered around the island, while also helping the Raykat take back the island. Throughout the story, Jason matures into a fearless, unstoppable warrior, as he decides to stay on the island.

As soon as I opened the game, I was in awe of the amazingly detailed environment and vivid colors, realistic ai and quite blown away by how big the island is, but also terrified of the scary creatures who roam the jungles and the dangerous pirates who would kill you in no time if I were to make one small mistake. I had to walk in the shadows, hide in foliage and avoid any contact with enemies. The sound of a vehicle would leave me hiding behind a tree or some rocks, terrified of the smallest sound, still looking out for komodo dragons, who would rip me to pieces in seconds. I simply did not have a chance.

Then as I proceeded further into the game, and unlocked more features and grew more familiar with the game controls, I would start hunting for radio towers, which is what you need to uncover more of the map, and unlock free weapons(Who doesn’t want free weapons?), and then hunt for smaller strongholds, that I could take on without being slaughtered. I could hunt and craft, without being killed by rapid dogs or tigers. This is where I feel the game was at its best.

Then, suddenly, the game took off. I had crafted almost every craftable item in the game, and I had pretty much every radio tower in the game, which means pretty much every gun in the game. I could without any trouble take on the biggest of strongholds, and not even sweat a little. The game had become too easy, and I wasn’t even close to done with the story. I would rarely get any random encounters, because I had taken over pretty much every stronghold.

The only thing with the game that disappointed me, was how if you don’t watch out, before you notice, you’ve completely overtaken every stronghold and completely ruined the fun of the game.

The controls of the games are amazing. They’re tight and precise and the guns are responsive. In some ways the guns are Call of Duty-like with their fast, arcade-like controls and not too high recoil, but in others they are very Battlefield-like, in that they feel very heavy. All in all the guns are amazing, and you don’t ever get tired of mowing down pirates. The cover system is the best I’ve seen in so long. The way you can hide behind a wall and simply use the right button to aim, and it will, depending on the kind of cover you’re behind, either aim above or to the side.

Vehicles are easy to drive and very arcade-like, which is perfect. The cars feel heavy, as they should, and don’t just feel like you’re hovering 2 inches above the road.

This game definitely has a chance of being the game of the year. It’s an amazing game, and I recommend it to everybody, whether you like first person shooters or any other other genre of games, this is definitely worth a try. It’s definitely a unique game, with a very refined story, great features and very very, I repeat, very good graphics. The only cons is that the game might get too easy. I definitely recommend playing on the hardest difficulty. I give this game 9/10.
  33. Mar 21, 2013
    I picked this game up from the store played it and as soon as i was in, i couldn't stop! The story is amazing, the gameplay is fantastic, the stealth system is the best, and the music is very well done too as i find myself listening to its soundtracks alot. And even after playing and finishing the game twice i still play it. No matter what you cannot miss out on this game!!
  34. Mar 20, 2013
    It is like skyrim... the world is big, fun and engaging. I love the focus on takedowns and hunting of beasts to upgrade your equipment. But it was a bit too easy for my taste but the game is just too good in my opinion that I say, the heck it is easy but It is fun regardless.
  35. JEK
    Mar 20, 2013
    one of the best fps I've played. The game was smooth and an open world with lots of animals. Sub missions are repeatable and also the enemies has the same face. But overall this is a good game. Nice graphics and Nice View of the environment. Hopefully they release far cry 4 as soon as possible,
  36. Mar 19, 2013
    Excellent, atmospheric and unique take on the FPS Sandbox GTA hybrid. Loved the attention to detail, roaming the jungle and exploring the islands. A well done, immersive game that is just gorgeous and great fun to play!
  37. Mar 18, 2013
    10/10, hands down one of the best sandbox games I have ever played. It really reminds me of Crysis 1 before it became all CODish with a preset path. Here, I can attack my opponent from many angles, and the fact that if you take over an outpost without being detected just adds to that awesome feeling of you being a "hunter" "hunting" the pirates. As to the complaints over how crafting10/10, hands down one of the best sandbox games I have ever played. It really reminds me of Crysis 1 before it became all CODish with a preset path. Here, I can attack my opponent from many angles, and the fact that if you take over an outpost without being detected just adds to that awesome feeling of you being a "hunter" "hunting" the pirates. As to the complaints over how crafting works, i personally think it is fine. Sharks are easy to kill if you just use a boats machine gun, tigers are some what of a pain but not immposible. Lastly, this game offers a good bit of challenge. The quests where you must kill a pirate leader only via a knife are awesome, especially when some friendly npc's decide to attack the camp just opening up a great opportunity. Words can not describe this game, thus all I can say is: Buy it now, you will not regret it. Expand
  38. Mar 18, 2013
    ---------------------------------------------------------Simply amazing!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  39. Mar 17, 2013
    This is what I wanted Skyrim to be. A beautiful world to run around in, but with an actually good storyline and a sense of reason for being there. Wandering around hunting or helping others had a point too. Far Cry has previously typically been a tech demo in my mind, so I thought it was overhyped, even after playing through the demo at E3'12. Boy, was I wrong. I'm glad I played throughThis is what I wanted Skyrim to be. A beautiful world to run around in, but with an actually good storyline and a sense of reason for being there. Wandering around hunting or helping others had a point too. Far Cry has previously typically been a tech demo in my mind, so I thought it was overhyped, even after playing through the demo at E3'12. Boy, was I wrong. I'm glad I played through the free copy that came with my video card purchase, it's one of my favourite games of the year. Expand
  40. Mar 16, 2013
    This game easily receives a 10. The story was engaging, the game play was a joy, and the graphics are amazing. I never touched the Co-op or the multi-player because I never cared to. Far Cry has never been about either. The story lasted a little over 30 hours for me and there are still more places I would like to go explore.
  41. Mar 14, 2013
    This game is by far one of the best games I have ever played. Never before have I've gotten so much adrenaline playing a game, the story is an amazing thriller and interesting (it does get a bit weird though).
    Do by all means buy this game!
  42. Mar 8, 2013
    I've played a lot of games in the past year, but Far Cry 3 was so far the most fun I've had playing a video game in a long time. Metacritic user reviews are loaded with lots of 10's for games that I don't think deserve a 10, but I decided to give this game a review, because I truly think it deserves recognition. It combines my two favorite generes, FPS and RPG/adventure, perfectly, withoutI've played a lot of games in the past year, but Far Cry 3 was so far the most fun I've had playing a video game in a long time. Metacritic user reviews are loaded with lots of 10's for games that I don't think deserve a 10, but I decided to give this game a review, because I truly think it deserves recognition. It combines my two favorite generes, FPS and RPG/adventure, perfectly, without going too far in either direction. A lot of the side quests are pretty boring, but I really enjoyed taking all of the outposts, coming up with new and interesting ways to do each one. Sure, I could just snipe everyone from afar, but what's the fun in that? Sometimes I'd try to do it with only knife kills, sometimes I'd go guns blazing, throwing C4 and grendades every which way. Now that I'm done with the game, I'm missing it, but I don't think this game has much replay value unless you wait a year or more between playthroughs. Nonetheless, it's been a LONG time since I've had that much fun playing a game for so long, so I think it deserves a 10. Expand
  43. Mar 8, 2013
    First of all, this game SHOULD have been a 10/10, but is still an amazing game. Although not horrible, it is still an obvious port with an uncomfortable menu that switches control schemes between each option. Also, the boss battles or confrontations with high profile characters seemed extremely unfinished and rushed. Despite that the game is still phenomenal and a must buy for any gamer.First of all, this game SHOULD have been a 10/10, but is still an amazing game. Although not horrible, it is still an obvious port with an uncomfortable menu that switches control schemes between each option. Also, the boss battles or confrontations with high profile characters seemed extremely unfinished and rushed. Despite that the game is still phenomenal and a must buy for any gamer.
    However, the "Skyrim with Guns" claim is horribly inaccurate. Maybe Skyrim without 99% of the NPC interaction. Far Cry is not an RPG. It is an exploratory/adventure game at the most.
  44. Mar 7, 2013
    I loved Far cry 2 and this game improves everything about Far cry 3. New patch out and i would recommand the mod where all your skills are unlocked so you can have more time with some of the cool takedowns and keeps the guns LOCKED until you pay for them. The game will feel more like a survival game. That's my only problem it needs more on the survival part, but as of right now. The bestI loved Far cry 2 and this game improves everything about Far cry 3. New patch out and i would recommand the mod where all your skills are unlocked so you can have more time with some of the cool takedowns and keeps the guns LOCKED until you pay for them. The game will feel more like a survival game. That's my only problem it needs more on the survival part, but as of right now. The best Open world FPS out there. Second island is locked till you do the story so it's not that open world! Expand
  45. Mar 7, 2013
    If you do not like this game, you just are not a game fan, or (very likely from the PC elitists crowd) your just automatically hate AAA releases. You're one of those "indie" guys. First off anyone that says the graphics stink are just insane, they are incredible besides a couple of questionable terrain textures in spots. You will need a GTX 680+ to max out this game at 1080p with 8x MSAA.If you do not like this game, you just are not a game fan, or (very likely from the PC elitists crowd) your just automatically hate AAA releases. You're one of those "indie" guys. First off anyone that says the graphics stink are just insane, they are incredible besides a couple of questionable terrain textures in spots. You will need a GTX 680+ to max out this game at 1080p with 8x MSAA. The combat is really where this game shines, it is more varied and exciting than any single player FPS in recent memory. Maybe even since (blasphemy) Half-Life 2! Take em all out silently with the chained takedown, or roast them with the flamethrower, or set up a mine and throw a rock so they walk over it. Snipe from afar, impale them with arrows, use a predator (tiger) to help you out! The story is as cheesy as it gets I'll admit, but not the worst as games go. The main bad guy is at least interesting. It's an open world shooter, reminding me more of fallout, but unlike fallout the gunplay is very smooth without the assistance of something like VATS. The story and side quests suck compared to fallout, but the action and exploring the island/taking outposts is so fun I don't think you'll be doing anything, but playing this game a couple of hours into it. Unless your a PC snobbington, which appear to be more and more prevalent these days. Expand
  46. Mar 7, 2013
    This is exactly what Far Cry 2 should have been. (Except for the crappy MAP UI and the lack of the sleeping feature)
    Beautiful graphics, amazing sounds and gun sounds, bad NPC voice acting and a gorgeous island to explore, hunt or just to enjoy the scenery.
    The storyline is quite MEH, but i'll take it anyway it since FC never really had a good story to be honest. The MP and the CO-OP is
    The MP and the CO-OP is quite good, a bit glitchy though.

The map editor guarantee hours of fun. :D
  47. Mar 6, 2013
    What happens when you combine the games Uncharted, Call of Duty and Fallout? You get Far Cry III. This game is loads of fun. Good shooter mechanics in an open world game with platforming dungeons and puzzles.
  48. Mar 6, 2013
    Farcry 3 is an amazing game, unlike Farcry 2, this goes back to more Farcry 1 setting, an archipelago called the Rook Islands. The story and characters are very interesting. Including my favorite, Vaas. Hes a badass mother that you don't want to mess with. The graphics are great, varying on what console you buy it on, i got it on pc, so i had a great graphic experience. The game play isFarcry 3 is an amazing game, unlike Farcry 2, this goes back to more Farcry 1 setting, an archipelago called the Rook Islands. The story and characters are very interesting. Including my favorite, Vaas. Hes a badass mother that you don't want to mess with. The graphics are great, varying on what console you buy it on, i got it on pc, so i had a great graphic experience. The game play is unique and does open world stealth well. One complaint is the lousy over accurate AI. They can shoot you from a mile away! The vehicles are fun but im sad they ditched multiplayer vehicles. Speaking of multiplayer, it sucks. You get a mediocre coop campaign and a copy and paste multiplayer system with killstreaks, loadouts, and gun customization. But the campaign is more than enough to make up for these flaws and for that, Farcry 3 gets a 9/10 Expand
  49. Mar 6, 2013
    Great, engaging and beautiful. Characters are actually developing over time and, although the story is compelling, you'll spend a lot of time just cruising around in a speedboat or hunting dangerous wildlife.

Overall, a great sandbox.

The only derp is the necessity of Uplay even if the game is bought through Steam, which is absurd. But not even that can ruin an otherwise great game.
  50. Mar 4, 2013
    I have seen many games like this and to be honest I don't particularly like them. However, this game turned me completely around!!

The graphics are amazing with the good texture and color unleashing the amazement of this game. Also the graphics run extremely well- no lag or long load times. The only small problem with the graphics is that sometimes they can be a bit too much and give you a headache. This game has a fun plot of taking radio towers enemy bases and many other missions, which is what you would expect from a game. However, this game has a map editor where you can make an island and play on it for even more fun!! Overall, this game is defiantly worth the price and recommend this game to everyone out there.
  51. Mar 3, 2013
    Awesome game, Love the story, graphics, Atmosphere, Open World which has quests like mmorpg, skill tree system, customizing weapons, general smoothness of gameplay its ecellent, ty very much Ubisoft Montreal. PS: Musics too i listen to it every now and than and it never bores.
  52. Mar 3, 2013
    Farcry 3 enables that thing that excites me most about gaming, that moment when you forget it's a game and feel integrated into the flow of the story. An absolutely massive island archipelago that is lush and filled with villains and intense situations and could be ripped out of any Hollywood action film but here you get to play the title role. The game places you on a path and thenFarcry 3 enables that thing that excites me most about gaming, that moment when you forget it's a game and feel integrated into the flow of the story. An absolutely massive island archipelago that is lush and filled with villains and intense situations and could be ripped out of any Hollywood action film but here you get to play the title role. The game places you on a path and then gives you the freedom to do things your own way. Of course the plot ultimately must be followed but not precisely, and if you want to go out hunting bears with a flamethrower, there's plenty of time for recreation, along with learning new skills, exploration, takeovers, expanding your power, meeting new people, getting new weapons.
    Farcry 2 was an excellent game with an interesting message but there is no comparison here. This is an entirely new game and the graphics are so good and often so beautiful that while I'm caught up in the game, I can turn and see the sun setting over a waterfall in the distance and I have to stop and stare. It's almost like you can feel the evening breeze. Amazing.
  53. Mar 3, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. Tons of things to do, amazing graphics and the bad guy is super nuts. Driving, some crafting (nothing too crazy) and lots of cool weapons.
  54. Mar 2, 2013
    I went into this game expecting some mindless entertainment, and was completely caught off guard. The Rook islands are gorgeous and full of places to explore, contain a wealth of semi-enjoyable side missions to complete, and serve as a contrast for the ugly brutality that goes on within them. The characters, save for Jason Brody, aren't terribly interesting and are very one-note, andI went into this game expecting some mindless entertainment, and was completely caught off guard. The Rook islands are gorgeous and full of places to explore, contain a wealth of semi-enjoyable side missions to complete, and serve as a contrast for the ugly brutality that goes on within them. The characters, save for Jason Brody, aren't terribly interesting and are very one-note, and dialogue is at times cringe-worthy. Combat is exceptionally fun, and is very easy for the player to tailor to fit their style of play. But, in my opinion, Jason Brody's story is where Ubisoft Montreal knocked it out of the park. Throughout the game you'll be shown quotes from Alice's Adventure in Wonderland, which is a fitting parallel for the story of Far Cry 3. Jason Brody is transformed by the islands, and savage characters he's forced to deal with. The ending did a very good job of showing this off, and left me wondering how I was ever put in such a mad situation. Easily one my favorite games of last year, only hindered by some minor quibbles. If you're on the fence about this game, I'd say give it a shot it might impress you like it did me. Expand
  55. Mar 1, 2013
    I'd probably give Far Cry a 8.5 if I could but I'll generously round up to 9. The first couple hours are a lot of fun as you explore the island and it's secrets. Gameplay is decent (played with Xbox controller). Upgrading weapons and skills is a lot of fun. The environment is very nice and adventurous. The main problem of the game is it's, at times, ridiculous story line. Especially theI'd probably give Far Cry a 8.5 if I could but I'll generously round up to 9. The first couple hours are a lot of fun as you explore the island and it's secrets. Gameplay is decent (played with Xbox controller). Upgrading weapons and skills is a lot of fun. The environment is very nice and adventurous. The main problem of the game is it's, at times, ridiculous story line. Especially the boss fights are a bit disappointing. Overall,it's a great game with a bad story. If you love just exploring, sniping, and doing some crazy fun stuff with a bow or other fun weapons go right ahead., and don't pay too much attention to the story, instead tell your own. Expand
  56. Feb 28, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game that proves consistently enjoyable despite its flaws. First off, the PC version is an incredibly well optimized game. I played through the entire campaign on a midrange laptop with most settings at High, three at medium in Directx 11. I had to disable Ambient Occlusion in the config file but god the game still looks gorgeous and runs butter smooth for me.Far Cry 3 is an amazing game that proves consistently enjoyable despite its flaws. First off, the PC version is an incredibly well optimized game. I played through the entire campaign on a midrange laptop with most settings at High, three at medium in Directx 11. I had to disable Ambient Occlusion in the config file but god the game still looks gorgeous and runs butter smooth for me. There is also a TON of game here, probably 40 hours if you are into doing the side stuff which helps level up your character. Things lose steam a bit when you hit the second island, but nothing as severe as in Far Cry 2, which I loved at first and then got so bored I never finished.

The major issues as have been well discussed are with the narrative. You will hate your character at the start of the game, and there are lots of missed opportunities to get the player emotionally involved in the plot. It really sticks out because some of the voice acting is phenomenal, the main characters are motion captured and brilliantly animated. And some of them are really memorable even if they are underserved in the greater narrative.

BUT, the game mechanics themselves work beautifully. If you are a fan of shooters and/or open world games this is a must play. Come expecting some blemishes, but if you stick around you will see that they only stand out because so much of this game truly shines. I had a BLAST playing it and am sad that its over!
  57. Feb 25, 2013
    Unbelievable this game has really set the standard for Graphics and gameplay, the AI actually works like an AI, if your stalking a deer for example, you may not know it but a tiger may be stalking you, its amazing, adds a real element of thrill, the characters and voice acting are exceptional, there are some real unique characters in this game, particularly the bad ones, they are notUnbelievable this game has really set the standard for Graphics and gameplay, the AI actually works like an AI, if your stalking a deer for example, you may not know it but a tiger may be stalking you, its amazing, adds a real element of thrill, the characters and voice acting are exceptional, there are some real unique characters in this game, particularly the bad ones, they are not generic, its completely re-imagined and i love it Expand
  58. Feb 24, 2013
    As someone who never played Far Cry 1 or 2, this game gave me a spectacular impression on the entire franchise. I absolutely loved it. The graphics were very impressive (even on a fairly low-end PC like mine), the story interested me, the characters were well-played, the voice acting was on-par, and the gameplay was intriguing and fun to play.
    This game does have its flaws, though. Some
    This game does have its flaws, though. Some of the dialogue is flat-out stupid, like when Jason is yelling in excitement while he and Liza almost get killed multiple times. I always take the stealthy path in any game that offers it, but there were a lot of times when I would get spotted from a very long distance away by a dog while liberating an outpost. Some of the guns are drastically underpowered, while some other guns are drastically overpowered (I'm looking at you, Vector). Also, a lot of elements feel a bit too short or too easy. For example, I had almost every gun within about 2-3 hours, as well as all of the radio towers in about 2 hours. I like the complete everything I can as soon as I get the chance, so when I liberated every outpost on the first island completely stealthy, I had too many skill points. My main problem is that there is nothing to do once you've liberated every outpost. All of the pirates are gone, and it kind of defeats the purpose of an open-world RPG. There's nothing left for you to do, unless you want to find a bunch of collectibles.
    However, these flaws are much less influential than the great things in this game. I loved being stealthy, and I especially loved the many different takedowns that you could use to kill enemies. Sniping people was very satisfying, and taking out a bunch of people with a single C4 was awesome. I really liked the hunting and crafting mechanics, but I wish there were either more animal types or more things to craft. Don't even get me started on Vaas. Vaas is quite possibly my favorite enemy to ever exist in any game that I have ever played. His personality and dialogue is phenomenal, and I actually built up a hatred for him as he tortured Jason's friends. I loved him and hated him at the same time. Hoyt was... well he was just Hoyt. He didn't have as much of an impact on me as Vaas did.

Overall, this game is fantastic. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys open-world RPG's. This game would probably get a 10/10 if it weren't for the lack of things to do at the end and for some of the minute details that bothered me.

Now that the review is over, I need to address something. If you're going to make a review, whether it be positive or negative, justify your score. That means please don't give a game a 0 because your computer can't play it, or because you experienced a single glitch that you couldn't look past. Also, a game has to be incredibly bad to be given a 0, and that seems to be a problem with most games that get reviewed on this site. People throw out 0's without being able to justify it at all, and do not accredit a game's good features.
  59. Feb 24, 2013
    Incredible Campaign with Awesome characters and good story. With a super fun cooperative mode and one of the best multiplayer Modes!! 100/100 Really Awesome Game!!
  60. Feb 21, 2013
    This is so much better than the last game. Beautiful world, nice combat mechanics, fine story. Definitely the best game of 2012. Thanks Ubisoft, Thanks!
  61. Feb 19, 2013
    simply put Amazing. from the running mechanics to the handbrake sound of cars, from the way weapons feel to the satisfaction of seeing your enemies fall from your bullets. There is no point in talking about what I like about FC3, so I'll just stick to the easy way, criticising. The driving was awesome, though I can't help feeling that they will pull it off perfectly in FC4, vehiclesimply put Amazing. from the running mechanics to the handbrake sound of cars, from the way weapons feel to the satisfaction of seeing your enemies fall from your bullets. There is no point in talking about what I like about FC3, so I'll just stick to the easy way, criticising. The driving was awesome, though I can't help feeling that they will pull it off perfectly in FC4, vehicle physics need some refinement (add more weight, add more traction properties). The stealth aspect of the game was BATCRAP awesome, but lacked a body dragging option (that takedown skill does not count. come on..). Maybe the story was a bit annoying at times, 4e.x. citra, wtf is her problem, did she rape me? anyway, awesome game, waiting for fc4! Expand
  62. Feb 18, 2013
    I have played 250 hours of Black Ops 2 on the PC, and hated the bs.
    For those looking for a open-world, first person shooter with combination of AC3 and Skyrim, get this game. You won't regret, the game visuals are awesome too.
    It lasts about 10 hours to complete the entire game or faster if you can.
  63. Feb 16, 2013
    Before I start my review, I'll say I had previously played only the first Far Cry. I picked up this game for 20 euros on ebay a few days after its release and I'm really glad I did. The game is just pure fun, exploring the open world is amazing and the AI is good enough to make you feel part of the game. The plot is nothing great but the story missions are enjoyable. Some of the charactersBefore I start my review, I'll say I had previously played only the first Far Cry. I picked up this game for 20 euros on ebay a few days after its release and I'm really glad I did. The game is just pure fun, exploring the open world is amazing and the AI is good enough to make you feel part of the game. The plot is nothing great but the story missions are enjoyable. Some of the characters will really make an impact on the player (for example Vaas and the doctor) while others are forgettable (like Jason's friends). One of the things I absolutely loved about the game is the fact that you can play it your way. Want to be Rambo? You can. Want to be stealthy? You can. Liberating the outposts without being detected was a real challenge, a lot of fun and rewarding. One of my complaints is that, after you conquered the whole island, pirates won't show up often enough.
    The MP is quite good, maybe a bit too CoD-like but still enjoyable. The map editor is also a great feature. The graphics are simply amazing and the animations are incredible. If I had to give a fair rating I'd probably give it an 8, but since I had so much fun with the game I'll rate it 9. I'd say it's worth your money, even at full price.
  64. Feb 15, 2013
    I have a total of 13 hours played so far, a mix of single player and co-op, and it's great. I paid full price, stupidly not buying it when it was on for 50% off. It's still worth the scratch, but obviously better value at half price.

Has great graphics, a great intro (which really sets the mood for the game), and plenty of danger. Crafting is there, weapons are there, adventure, there is a lot of content included. What SUCKS about the game is the save system. That is a huge PITA. You cannot save wherever you like and resume another day, so you tend to forget where you were. Overall, great first impression.
  65. Feb 14, 2013
    Amazing game, really immersive and realistic. The graphics are stunning and it has a good combat system. A lot of effort as been put into this game by Ubisoft Montreal, and I think it deserves the GOTY award.
  66. Feb 14, 2013
    One of Best Games after long time. Best Far Cry Game. The Only one,where series 3 don'T suck. Best Open World Game Ever. For all who love Shooter,Action and more.
  67. Feb 13, 2013
    Pros: Beautiful world to explore
    Great variety of weapons
    Even Greater variety of playstyles (stealth, action, hybrid) Strong cast of characters with is good story arc Cons: Side quests are a bit light on content Multiplayer is a bit weak OVerall: One of the best games of 2012. A huge return to the greatness of FC1 mixed with the best parts of FC2. An open world game with a
    Pros: Beautiful world to explore
    Great variety of weapons

Cons:
    Side quests are a bit light on content
    Multiplayer is a bit weak

OVerall:
    One of the best games of 2012. A huge return to the greatness of FC1 mixed with the best parts of FC2. An open world game with a great cast and great story, mixed with flexible gameplay that really gives something to any player.

Should not be missed.
  68. Feb 12, 2013
    This game is an absolute blast! One of the only games of 2012 not to disappoint me. The overall experience is just phenomenal. I thought I would hate the gathering and crafting system, but it's awesome! I love the side quest and the whole structure of the game. The game is damn near a perfect fps single player experience. You should be able to get a good solid 30+ hours of game play.
  69. Feb 12, 2013
    the best game of 2012.far cry 3 is batter from far cry 2 and let me tell you why:first vaas is the best villian ever.he is so epic.the single player is the best in all of this package its lest a lot of hour,its very fun and the story is epic and inresting.than come the co-op let me tell you that its not brilliant but it will give you at least more 10 hours.and than comes the multiplayer:itthe best game of 2012.far cry 3 is batter from far cry 2 and let me tell you why:first vaas is the best villian ever.he is so epic.the single player is the best in all of this package its lest a lot of hour,its very fun and the story is epic and inresting.than come the co-op let me tell you that its not brilliant but it will give you at least more 10 hours.and than comes the multiplayer:it is fun and you will spent on it hours but its doesnt bring anything new or unique.so i will give it 10/10 and i am highly recommending on this game. Expand
  70. Feb 11, 2013
    This is absolutely the best game I've ever played! The Island, the characters.. everything!!
    I started crying in the end, the way the creators of this outstanding game have made it really touched me and emotions flushed! I love this game, the feelings are very strong when playing.. I love you very much Liza Snow! Great work!
  71. Feb 11, 2013
    The game is really terrific. After the Fary Cry 2, my expectative is not to much, but with the trailers and the gameplay, I bought the Pre-order. When I played the game, I was impressed. A lot of animals, a lot of villagers and a fight with the pirates and the natives. The game gives a sense of the living environment. And the gameplay is the better. Like a shoter, but with other thingsThe game is really terrific. After the Fary Cry 2, my expectative is not to much, but with the trailers and the gameplay, I bought the Pre-order. When I played the game, I was impressed. A lot of animals, a lot of villagers and a fight with the pirates and the natives. The game gives a sense of the living environment. And the gameplay is the better. Like a shoter, but with other things like a Uncharted or Tomb Raider. Expand
  72. Feb 9, 2013
    The best shooter I've played since COD: 4 Modern Warfare in 2007. I wanted to give it 9.5/10 but that apparently isn't an option. Extremely high-quality across the board. I have not played the multi-player yet and am judging the game based on the single player campaign alone. It's brilliant in all the core aspects you'd expect in a GOTY-contender shooter, so let me concentrate on theThe best shooter I've played since COD: 4 Modern Warfare in 2007. I wanted to give it 9.5/10 but that apparently isn't an option. Extremely high-quality across the board. I have not played the multi-player yet and am judging the game based on the single player campaign alone. It's brilliant in all the core aspects you'd expect in a GOTY-contender shooter, so let me concentrate on the characteristics of Far Cry 3 that make it unique and memorable. FIRST: story and writing. The game earns every bit of its Mature rating. The violence/language/brief nudity are not gratuitous, however. FC3 is the rare game that is undeniably better for their inclusion because they make the events seem much more realistic and add (a lot) of tension to key events. The game doesn't shy away from the horrific and brutal. Really refreshing to encounter this tone in a video game. The premise is simple: you, your brothers, and your 20-something friends vacation from the US at the wrong island and are taken hostage, to be sold on the black market by human traffickers. You're no warrior, but you'll be damned if you sit by and leave them to their fate. Because your character and his friends are so relatable, the emotional impact of this story attains a level rarely achieved in games. The dialogue and voice-acting are superb. Vaas is as memorable a video game villain as you'll encounter anywhere, and you'll hate his guts before the end. SECOND: exploration/open-world. The game-world is huge and enticing. Because there are no artificial borders to block your path, you can approach a battlefield from any number of directions, which impacts your tactics. Exploration is rewarded with loot and resources, adding a strong RPG element to the gameplay. Non-combat goals and items give you access to better gear and abilities. And so the third point.... THIRD: RPG elements. This is what helps make the game so addictive and ups its replay value. You can collect plant leaves (aka alchemy ingredients) in order to craft syringes (aka potions) that grant buffs, immunities, and restore health. You can hunt and collect animal hides in order to craft a larger inventory and ammo slots. You can complete mini-quests to earn and XP. You can unlock better and unique weapons and then customize them to your needs. Completing missions unlocks new skills, which can be learned by spending the Skill Points you earn when you level up. Another review described FC3 as the Skyrim of first-person shooters. This is a great description. NEGATIVES: The only negatives are quite minor. Basically they are: some vehicles can be difficult and frustrating to control. There is a sort of glitch where enemy laser sights create an annoying flickering effect when looking near you, even through solid objects. Enemy AI is about average they apparently don't think twice about running to a spot where the bodies of 5 of their comrades lie bleeding. Sometimes the melee attack seems to repeat way too long after I've input other commands. It took me about 40 hours to complete the single-player campaign on the hardest difficulty, which I used right from the start. It was usually sufficiently challenging but never way too easy and never frustrating or "cheap." When I died, it was my fault, but the gameplay is fun enough (and the autosave system smart enough) that dying isn't that big of a deal. Basically, any FPS fan should play it, especially those who are tired of the Call of Duty and Halo formulas. A lot of RPG fans will love the game too, especially if you like big, open-world adventures. Fantastic, fantastic game. Expand
  73. Feb 9, 2013
    Amazing game. A incredibly beautiful open-world where just looking around is satisfying, not to mention all the activities you can do. The gameplay is varied, hunting, taking bases, side-missions, crafting, discovering, and games like poker/aim challenge/races etc.
    The storyline is also pretty solid with a nice plot and greatly designed characters(especially the bad ones). The voice acting is top notch too.

Only good things to say about this game in my opinion. I think it's a must-play for all the shooter fans.
  74. Feb 7, 2013
    Great game. Beautiful graphics, lots to do and plenty to see. Hunting and skinning the different animals was fun whilst it lasted but once you've upgraded everything it becomes kind of pointless. Climbing the radio towers reminded me of playing through elements of half life 2 and that can't be a bad thing. I purchased the deluxe (or whatever it is called) version and I'm not sure theGreat game. Beautiful graphics, lots to do and plenty to see. Hunting and skinning the different animals was fun whilst it lasted but once you've upgraded everything it becomes kind of pointless. Climbing the radio towers reminded me of playing through elements of half life 2 and that can't be a bad thing. I purchased the deluxe (or whatever it is called) version and I'm not sure the additional 'missions' are that much different to the rest of the game or add that much to the overall experience to justify the additional cost but each to their own. So far I've put 37 hours in to the game and I'm only about half way through. Not played the multi-player or co-op as yet but worth the price of admission for the single player game in my view. Expand
  75. Feb 7, 2013
    Truely a magical experiance, you will get devoured into the story and that power of the characters personalities, now one of my favorite games ever a definite must play
  76. Feb 5, 2013
    What's not to like about stealthily wiping out an enemy base or blowing it into the sky on a lush tropical Island filled with rare and dangerous wild life? Great story, crafting, customisable weapons, hidden collectibles, and open adventure game-play in a awesome location is a recipe for success. On a powerful PC this game is also an absolute joy to look at. I thoroughly enjoyed this gameWhat's not to like about stealthily wiping out an enemy base or blowing it into the sky on a lush tropical Island filled with rare and dangerous wild life? Great story, crafting, customisable weapons, hidden collectibles, and open adventure game-play in a awesome location is a recipe for success. On a powerful PC this game is also an absolute joy to look at. I thoroughly enjoyed this game from start to finish. Nothing like Far Cry 2 which I couldn't even finish, what a disaster that was. Far Cry 3 9/10 Expand
  77. Feb 5, 2013
    Insanely good game, 2012 GOTY for sure and best single-player game I've played in years. Awesome sandbox with a STRONG narrative when you choose to pursue it great characters, some nice twists and violent on some deep, disturbing levels.
  78. Feb 4, 2013
    I absolutely loved playing the campaign. The way the story was put together was amazing. It was like a really good movie or book that you just needed to know what happened next. I actually found myself all tensed up with nervousness at a few parts. The reason I didn't give a full 10/10 was because of the multiplayer. I was expecting more. It doesn't feel like a finished product andI absolutely loved playing the campaign. The way the story was put together was amazing. It was like a really good movie or book that you just needed to know what happened next. I actually found myself all tensed up with nervousness at a few parts. The reason I didn't give a full 10/10 was because of the multiplayer. I was expecting more. It doesn't feel like a finished product and sometimes you are left wondering how on earth that guy got you when all you had time to do was turn around. Over all great game. I would have bought it for the same price just for the campaign. Expand
  79. Feb 3, 2013
    I have played a lot of really crappy call of duty fps copycats, here is finally a game that is unique, from its amazing storyline, massive world, surreal graphics and excellent gameplay, Far Cry 3 is so good that it almost makes me forget about its terrible predecessor, Far Cry 2 one of the worst games I have ever played. This game was truly amazing.
  80. Feb 2, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is now among one of the most amazing games I have ever played. Far Cry 3's story brought me to the boundaries of my very emotions. The story is so immersive, It managed to get my heart racing during extremely suspenseful moments, as if I was truly experiencing it for myself. Every character has a very distinctive, believable, and well-developed personality. You truly build anFar Cry 3 is now among one of the most amazing games I have ever played. Far Cry 3's story brought me to the boundaries of my very emotions. The story is so immersive, It managed to get my heart racing during extremely suspenseful moments, as if I was truly experiencing it for myself. Every character has a very distinctive, believable, and well-developed personality. You truly build an emotional connection with these characters, which sets the stage for an extremely influential story. Not only that, but the design choices made in the game greatly amplify the immersion, and encourage you think about the deeper themes that it's dark and unpredictable story may possess. But what about the gameplay? Good news, it's absolutely incredible. You are a warrior, a hunter, a stuntman, a skilled craftsman, you are everything you could ever hope to be and more. This game allows you to do so much, it's almost unbelievable. This is all complimented by the elaborate, beautiful, and extensive open world environment. The island is your playground, and even after completing the story there is still much left to accomplish on the island. Now, this is primarily a single-player review, as I value a good single-player experience over a multiplayer experience any day. However, I was delightfully surprised by the multiplayer in this game. I expected the multiplayer to be a more of a gimmick, since the single-player is already enough to warrant an amazing rating. However, Ubisoft actually delivered a decent, entertaining, and well-developed multiplayer experience. I give the story a 10/10, the gameplay a 10/10, and the multiplayer an 8/10. I am rounding this score up to a solid 10/10, because like I said, this is primarily a single-player review, and the single-player is worthy of this rating. Expand
  81. Feb 1, 2013
    HUGE improvement over Far Cry 2. Very fun and beautiful scenery. NOT the Skyrim of FPS but close. Definitely worth it if you like challenges, FPS and fun. You can hang glide, drive boats, and explore interesting caves. LIKED IT!
  82. Jan 31, 2013
    It's rare that I play a game through. In fact, despite spending several hundred dollars on games in the last year, and investing vast amounts of my time to video games, I can probably count on one hand how many games I have played to completion in the last year. Far Cry 3 is one of them. From the beginning of the game you get the sense that you are in over your head. They throw you intoIt's rare that I play a game through. In fact, despite spending several hundred dollars on games in the last year, and investing vast amounts of my time to video games, I can probably count on one hand how many games I have played to completion in the last year. Far Cry 3 is one of them. From the beginning of the game you get the sense that you are in over your head. They throw you into situations where you don't know what to do with just enough information to survive. From running for your life when you are just learning to run, to being dropped in the middle of a fight with no weapons. You don't always have time to think, and can only react, and it made it feel that much more real for me. There were parts of the game that I never saw coming, and I loved it. Having said that, there are definite issues with the game. From repetitively taking over territory and towers, to the character reactions, their progression and their growth that just didn't feel natural. Sometimes you are thrown into a situation that is legitimately not fair, and you have no way of surviving. Sometimes the plot feels forced. And sometimes the quest that you're on feel boring and repetitive. All of these detract from the game, and do so in a very large way. For any other game, these issues would have taken it down by 2 or 3 points, and it is a testament to how fun this game is that I ended up still giving it a 9/10. Everything else was done so well, and the game was so enjoyable and addicting despite such major flaws that they raised the score to a 9/10. This is truly one of the only games on the market that I would really recommend to anyone without hesitation. Expand
  83. Jan 31, 2013
    I got this game recently for my birthday and I've been loving every minute of it. The story has depth, stealth mechanics are brilliant, built-in cover system is fantastic. The game is visually stunning, making anything from cave exploration to hang gliding an incredible experience. I liked that taking over the outposts was fun, that you could do it however you wanted, whether it be rushingI got this game recently for my birthday and I've been loving every minute of it. The story has depth, stealth mechanics are brilliant, built-in cover system is fantastic. The game is visually stunning, making anything from cave exploration to hang gliding an incredible experience. I liked that taking over the outposts was fun, that you could do it however you wanted, whether it be rushing in guns blazing (which will result in reinforcements and maybe death) or sneak in, disable the alarm, not a sound. I am glad it's back to the island environment as I hugely enjoyed Far Cry 1. In conclusion, this game is easily worth its price on steam. Or anywhere! Expand
  84. Jan 30, 2013
    Firstly, let me say if there is anything in life you want to achieve today, do it before starting this game!
    It is so easy to lose yourself in this game, 4-5 hours slip by so easily.
    This is without any doubt, the best game I have ever played. It puts the makers of the Call of Duty games to shame, the quality is unbelievable. I spent 60 hours on the campaign and saw no glitches,
    It is so easy to lose yourself in this game, 4-5 hours slip by so easily.
    I spent 60 hours on the campaign and saw no glitches, mistakes, pixels out of place anywhere.
    The storyline keeps you hungering for more and has plenty of surprises in store. Then when you finish the campaign store there is so much more to discover, side missions, competitions, hidden relics etc.
    Everything I heard people complain about from Far Cry 2, they have both fixed and improved upon.
    Started co-op with a friend last night and found it to be amazing.
    The co-op missions are Hard, you will really need to work at completing them.
    I look forward to Multiplayer as I am sure the quality that is evident in every other aspect of this game will be present.

I give this 95/100 Best game I have every played!!!
  85. Jan 30, 2013
    In one word: awesomeness. It looks gorgeous, its fun, its kabooom blow up everything mixed with the most enjoyable stealth assassination mechanic I have ever met in a game,especially in an FPS. Its "Just Cause" mixed with "Assassin's Creed". Ok maybe that went far, but I must tell you I haven't enjoyed a game so much in the last two years then this one (except for Dark Souls, but thatsIn one word: awesomeness. It looks gorgeous, its fun, its kabooom blow up everything mixed with the most enjoyable stealth assassination mechanic I have ever met in a game,especially in an FPS. Its "Just Cause" mixed with "Assassin's Creed". Ok maybe that went far, but I must tell you I haven't enjoyed a game so much in the last two years then this one (except for Dark Souls, but thats another matter). Addictive, funny, and we love Vaas, dont we?:D I very much hope the franchise will follow this line, as after Far Cry 1 (which is one of my most favourite game) Far Cry 2 was a boring let down. But you must have this game! Expand
  86. Jan 27, 2013
    This game is definitely one of the best games of 2012, there are almost too many positives to list. It looks great, it has smooth controls, the story is awesome, and the gameplay is very fun. Really the only thing I can think of that isn't absolutely great about this game is the main character. This may not really bother some people, but it feels like, which I guess it what they were goingThis game is definitely one of the best games of 2012, there are almost too many positives to list. It looks great, it has smooth controls, the story is awesome, and the gameplay is very fun. Really the only thing I can think of that isn't absolutely great about this game is the main character. This may not really bother some people, but it feels like, which I guess it what they were going got, your playing as a snobby, attention craving, overly-dramatic and spoiled rich kid. Still, the rest of the game makes that very easy to overlook. Expand
  87. Jan 27, 2013
    Great game, the stealth, the combat, the environment, everything.
    I haven't been that addicted to a game for AGEES. I'm tired of those boring ultra-repetitive games like Portal 2(who IMO deserves a 5 instead of 9.8)
  88. Jan 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. very good game tell the life of a guys who fell on an island and u live the amazing exprience throughout the whole game the game have a lot of great stuff to do u can hunt animals and alot of them !! u can drive cars or fly using gliders the game is so cool if ur a fps fan u will like and the game is way better than far cry 2 or 1 its really good and i give this cool game 9/10 Expand
  89. Kyr
    Jan 23, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is the best FPS i've ever played since Battlefield, is simply amazing how you can do almost everthing, between just gathering a plant to skin a shark. Good graphics,good gameplay, this game certainly deserves Goty.
  90. Jan 22, 2013
    I really liked the open world of Far Cry 3. Almost felt a bit like a MMORPG, if you didn't want to continue with the story, then you just played some challenges or took over some camps. Really nice.
  91. Jan 21, 2013
    Honestly? This game is absolutely amazing. I play a ton of games in my free time, and Far Cry 3 definitely took the most time out of me. It provided me with over 60 hours of gameplay, full of pleasure and enjoyment. A fun, time-consuming, and often breathtaking experience. Definitely worth your time - play it!
  92. Jan 20, 2013
    Wow! This is the most fun I have had with a video game this year. Perhaps I'm just easily impressed, but FC3 held my interest from start to finish. It has just the right amount of cut scenes to tell a story and the rest of the game is nonstop action. My only complaint is that I couldn't find a way around watching an entire cut scene when I first logged on. The save points weren't veryWow! This is the most fun I have had with a video game this year. Perhaps I'm just easily impressed, but FC3 held my interest from start to finish. It has just the right amount of cut scenes to tell a story and the rest of the game is nonstop action. My only complaint is that I couldn't find a way around watching an entire cut scene when I first logged on. The save points weren't very user friendly. Otherwise, this game is well worth playing and reminds me of Borderlands 2 with a touch of realism. Expand
  93. Jan 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For some reason, this has really drawn a lot of ire. The experience isn't perfect, but it's pretty damned good. People are saying the characters have no depth? Did people completely miss the intro to the game? Did people miss that Vaas was in the game? I haven't seen a performance in a game like that in a long time. Vaas' entire performance right down to the little psychotic manerisms is downright terrifying. My biggest gripe about the story is that he's not around for the whole thing. The other characters are well done, but Vaas steals the show. To think that Michael Mando almost didn't get the part...

I have not tried the multiplayer and have completed about 75% of the single player content. Overall it's a solid experience. The development of Jason's character from a California boy, whimpering and trembling when he sees his brother take a life, then turned to a hardened jungle warrior is really good. Rather than being thrown into hostile territory and becoming a badass merc instantly, you transform into it. The graphics, guns, shooting, driving, sounds are all top notch.

No, it's not perfect. The pretty graphics will take a beast of a machine to maintain playable FPS. I run a 2500k @ 4.5ghz with Crossfire 6950 GPUs. It runs well for me, but there are glitches and hiccups. Sometimes the enemy AI will pull stupid moves, like tossing a molotov at a tiger that's in melee range and burning themselves to death (those guys ARE tanked though, so maybe it makes sense...). Before you get the reduced fall damage perk, trips down steep slopes will hurt you more than they probably should. Getting swarmed by a bunch of guys in melee range usually results in inescapable death. That's frustrating, but at least it's realistic. IRL if you're surrounded 4:1 and get knocked to the ground, you probably aren't walking away. The enemy is suspiciously accurate with their grenade tosses. Some of the side activities are hammy. Some of Jason's dialog is way overdone.

Ultimately those are minor complaints. Overall, the experience is much improved from Far Cry 2. No more endless, unavoidable patrols on the roads. Or checkpoints that seem to respawn within seconds. Again, things aren't perfect. The first aid animations are well done but greatly reduced in variety from Far Cry 2. I almost wish they had kept the same number of animations and possibly added the new ones instead of using the syringe healing again. You can't sleep. This was good in Far Cry 2 so you could approach objectives under cover of night. Not so here.

The unlocks, side missions, and treasure items offer plenty for completionist players, while also showing you some cool out-of-the-way areas on the island that you might otherwise miss. The Trials of the Rakyat have some decent variety of scenarios and you can compete for the high score against other players. The little bits of humor are great. There's nothing like sneaking up on a pirate who says to himself "Oh this **** heat...someone just shoot me!" and taking his wig off with a silenced pistol.

From what I've seen of the multiplayer, it's good, not great. It basically looks like any other multiplayer FPS out there.

Overall, this is a great game with a lot to offer. A single playthrough was worth the price, and it will definitely get played again. I hope if another Far Cry is made, it meets and exceeds the bar set here.
  94. Jan 16, 2013
    Absolutely it's the 2012 game of the year. Only few things sin the game. It has an super involving non-cliche story mixed with one of the best graphics ever. It has so many things to explore, weapons to unlock, basically everything that a game have to have. We also cannot forget about the super charismatic characters like the great Vaas. If you think that it's over, it comes with anAbsolutely it's the 2012 game of the year. Only few things sin the game. It has an super involving non-cliche story mixed with one of the best graphics ever. It has so many things to explore, weapons to unlock, basically everything that a game have to have. We also cannot forget about the super charismatic characters like the great Vaas. If you think that it's over, it comes with an intense co-op and multiplayer campaign that can be so longer that the main campaign. This is one of the must-have games before die. Expand
  95. Jan 13, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game; gripping story, pretty graphics and a beautifully designed world combined with a great hunting and crafting system make it, in my eyes, the best game of 2012.
    The AI is fairly good despite other peoples complaints and the healing system I feel has improved over FC2's, as with almost everything people didn't like about Far Cry 2.
    To be honest anybody giving
    To be honest anybody giving Far Cry 3 below a 710 is looking for reasons to hate it because of ether a bad experience with Far Cry 2 or they just plain do not like games.
  96. Jan 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After playing far cry 2, I knew this game was going to be a big hit title once it hit the shelves in the gaming market.. Once I started playing the first missions of the game on the path of the warrior I was already enjoying the game almost instantly, The story line was excellent with the right balance of suspense and action that it made me feel like I was in a virtual novel which makes games like far cry 3 have that special effect on gamers to make them feel like their really their learning about the plot and the characters that are involved in that plot. The environment was lush and gorgeous that it seemed almost flawless without any mistakes whatsoever. Secondly, I love how the developers put in the skill system that can give your character many edges against the many enemies that you encounter in the environment in the game. The guns in the game fitted perfectly in the game because after all they seem the type of guns you will actually see being sold in the black market and in the hands in the pirates and the mercenaries that you will encounter throughout the game. There was no problem with the voice acting in the game therefore I have no problems there in that category.Co-op mode was something I was disappointed in the slightest to me its fun to play when you and your friends are having a gaming get-together. Overall it was a beautifully made game, but you know what they say.... their is no such thing as a game getting a perfect score. While playing the game I have encountered some few minor bug annoying problems with the game. First i would like to point out that aiming was very clunky if not shaking which really got me mildly irritated, Therefore i would recommend to lower some of the mouse sensitivity settings to the point where you think that problem never occurs with you while you are shooting. Secondly, i also found it hard to perform some of the certain take downs and also learning them. This problem i believe happens because the button key combos are not just all cramped together but also it had to be quickly executed before you lose the option of the certain take down that you want to perform. Last but not least, it made me extremely disappointed that Vaas gets killed first he should have been Hoyt because after all he was the one who killed Jason's brother Grant during the intro of the game and nearly killed Ollie, liza, Daisy, and Riley. One would think that Vaas would be the major antagonist in the story after all he is the first and major villian you meet at the beginning of the game, plus he is on the games cover which kinda makes you think he is the main bad guy. personally, Hoyt was nothing more than a minor character throughout half the story's plot even though he was sh*t disturber for pretty much all the island. Despite those minor issues I've seen in this game, it is an awesome game and it must a must-buy and should be in any gamer's collection of games. Expand
  97. Jan 11, 2013
    Remember when Half Life came out and blew everything away.... well that's Far Cry 3 but it's the year 2012. If you ever played Far Cry 1 or 2 then you will quickly realize that the developers took all the best parts and put it into Far Cry 3 plus more. 10 stars. Game of the year.
  98. Jan 11, 2013
    I usually hate FPS games, especially singel FPS games but this one just bought me.
    The graphics are excellent for time beeing.
    The gameplay is amazing! has many features and things that change overtime. day/night cycle and hunting is also incredible. There were some parts that I think they could take out of the game. No game is perfect, but this gets my 9.0 score and a new user in
    The graphics are excellent for time beeing.
    The gameplay is amazing! has many features and things that change overtime.
    day/night cycle and hunting is also incredible.

There were some parts that I think they could take out of the game.
    No game is perfect, but this gets my 9.0 score and a new user in metacritic just to rate this game.
    good job!
  99. Jan 10, 2013
    BUY THIS GAME NOW. This game is absolutely amazing, I usually go in-depth and try give people a clear picture of a game when I review it but all I can say is this: This is basically Skyrim set on a tropical island in the present day real world with guns, amazing graphics, fascinating characters, a brilliant story and SUPER FUN side-missions, not to mention the great driving mechanics andBUY THIS GAME NOW. This game is absolutely amazing, I usually go in-depth and try give people a clear picture of a game when I review it but all I can say is this: This is basically Skyrim set on a tropical island in the present day real world with guns, amazing graphics, fascinating characters, a brilliant story and SUPER FUN side-missions, not to mention the great driving mechanics and freakin' sharks. If you're a videogamer you have to experience Far Cry 3 Expand
  100. Jan 10, 2013
    Excellent game, a lot of attention was paid to detail. It's a very immersive experience, singleplayer is fun and you can spend hours exploring the island. Let alone completing story missions, hunting, crafting. Multiplayer was found to be pretty enjoyable as well. Could use some more maps however (and people!)
  101. Dec 27, 2012
    Yeah, it's, uh... it's an aggravating game. It's just the PC version I'm going to be going at, and I'm quite frankly pissed off to see that, in retrospect, I bought $50 for a game that at first looks good, is glorified and ultimately -lives up to it's potential.- It's also super **** aggravating to play stealthily trying to capture bases just to have it all crumble on you because the AI isYeah, it's, uh... it's an aggravating game. It's just the PC version I'm going to be going at, and I'm quite frankly pissed off to see that, in retrospect, I bought $50 for a game that at first looks good, is glorified and ultimately -lives up to it's potential.- It's also super **** aggravating to play stealthily trying to capture bases just to have it all crumble on you because the AI is **** I've lost so many points, thousands, over how **** this AI is. I've died too many times to count because they crap out reinforcements relentlessly. The graphics are great, the gameplay is good, but I just can't get into it. What also annoys me is how many times I'm jumped by a damn tiger, leopard or boar, even a buffalo which had been shot in the face over five times with a semi-automatic shotgun. The game is a **** joke and I'm glad I've uninstalled it. Good jesus. Collapse

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013