Far Cry 3 PC

8.2

1. Jul 30, 2016
    Recensione temporanea da sostituire non appena disponibile quella definitiva. Recensione temporanea da sostituire non appena disponibile quella definitiva.
  2. Jul 25, 2016
    This game is SO MUCH FUN! I mean there is so much to do!
    The gameplay is so much fun. So much to do!
    The graphics are great a little dated.
    And the story is definitely the best out of all the Far Cry games.
  3. Jul 14, 2016
    This game got me started on the Far Cry franchise and I can safely say that it is better than Far Cry 4.

Why? The Feeling it gives you. It makes you feel scared, alert, and on a real mission. Far Cry 4 does not make you feel that way, Far Cry 4 makes you wonder why you're here, what you're trying to do and who you are. Far Cry 3 attaches you to main characters, tells you who

Why?

Far Cry 3 attaches you to main characters, tells you who you're becoming and sets you free on a land to become that person. Far Cry 3 is the God of the Far Cry franchise, and this game deserves a remake about a decade from now. Classic game, worth every penny.
  4. Jun 30, 2016
    Beautiful scenery, interesting and unique characters, exciting and non-repetitive plot, good range of weapons, endless amount of things to do besides the main story, fun gameplay such as killing the animals and performing take downs on enemies... idk man i could go on forever this game is great :P
  5. Jun 28, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. besides the lag and crashes on steam its simply amazing but pls fix the crashes thanks p.s. when you kill vaas I think you should be able to go back to America or take over all of his outposts and lands Expand
  6. Jun 23, 2016
    loved this game only the ending was really a let down, i cant say more without ruining the game for people but its worth a buy, strong recommendation.
  7. Jun 22, 2016
    Best Far Cry Game of the whole series. FC4 was bad and Primal speaks for itself, noone bought it.
    They made this Game greate and did bad Game after. Atleast they didn't use denuvo back then.
  8. Jun 20, 2016
    Far Cry 3 is a lovely postcard from the tropical island of Rook to any FPS fans, filling itself with blood, guns, insane pirate leaders, beautiful sceneries and a young protagonist that is able to perform a lot of incredible tricks.
  9. May 26, 2016
    This is one of the best open world games that you can find out there the game gets everything right the gameplay,the story,the characters and the open world.the game is brimming with things to do like shoot bad guys,upgrade weapons,liberate outposts etc.The best character in this game is Vaas who is the antagonist of this game and you play as Jason Brody a guy who has been kidnapped on anThis is one of the best open world games that you can find out there the game gets everything right the gameplay,the story,the characters and the open world.the game is brimming with things to do like shoot bad guys,upgrade weapons,liberate outposts etc.The best character in this game is Vaas who is the antagonist of this game and you play as Jason Brody a guy who has been kidnapped on an island along with his friends while they were on a vacation after Jason escapes the prison he meets some people who help him to find his friends.The main problem with this game is the final boss fight which is TERRIBLE because it just a lazy QTE brawl otherwise this game is a must play easily one of the best open world games of all time. Expand
  10. Apr 19, 2016
    Fantastic game, way better than F .C 2, loved the story line, great replay value, awesome graphics, side missions got slightly repetitive but perhaps easy side quests and good main story line is what made it great
  11. Apr 12, 2016
    GOOD: Very entertaining game, fun to play, nice graphics, nice quality overall, like the tower/camp structure, variate approach to objectives (be creative).
    BAD: Too easy, sometime map feels empty in some areas, animals are a little to hard to kill xD, boss fights not very inspired.
  12. Mar 14, 2016
    This game blew me away! I didn't expect to love it so much! Great characters, great story, great variety, and I can still go back to replay this, it's so fun! Vaas is one the greatest villains in any video game I've ever played! And the story is really emotional and deep, and Jason's whole trans-formative arc is epic. Only loses a point due to a rubbish co-op campaign, otherwise, perfect 10.
  13. Mar 9, 2016
    Excellent game worth every penny of its price GOOD JOB UBISOFT. Far cry 3 is really one of my favourite games of all time back in 2012, i was so hyped for this game i couldn't wait to play this game on my pc.
    Gameplay is fantastic absolutely incredible , story is very nice but gets weird at the end,the world is extremely big, weapons are amazing, animations are amazing, performance is alright not the best but not the worst, overall the game is great it is definitely a MUST OWN!!!
  14. Feb 26, 2016
    Un jefe que está como una putisima cabra, escenarios tropicales fantásticos y una historia llena de violencia de principio a fin. Varios finales. Buena jugabilidad donde tu eliges que estilo llevar (sigilo o a saco). Recomendado 100%
  15. Jan 24, 2016
    The storyline is great. Beatifull. Awesome. I like it. Vaas? GREAT bad guy. Theres not that many great bad guys around anymore in the video game industry. The boss of Vaas? Meh, he dosen't feel like Vaas. Graphics? Great. Sandbox? Fricking awesome. I got nothing to complain abo... well actually: After you kill all the pirates on the 2 islands, theres nothing to do. There is no enemies. IfThe storyline is great. Beatifull. Awesome. I like it. Vaas? GREAT bad guy. Theres not that many great bad guys around anymore in the video game industry. The boss of Vaas? Meh, he dosen't feel like Vaas. Graphics? Great. Sandbox? Fricking awesome. I got nothing to complain abo... well actually: After you kill all the pirates on the 2 islands, theres nothing to do. There is no enemies. If theres no enemies, the game is boring. The game is over. I played it for 26 hours. Now THATS a good amount of time. Expand
  16. Jan 20, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best open world game I have ever played. The game runs smoothly on a mid-end PC, along with nice-looking graphics. But something I disappointed about the game that the Stealth Mechanics is not important, because you can go combat at anytime and you are hard to die. It is possible to kill an entire army of pirates with a knife in combat state. Expand
  17. Jan 3, 2016
    Excellent world design with great combat. Very good environment interaction. Lots to do. Serviceable story.

Graphics: 10
    Game play : 9
    Combat: 9
    World Design: 9
    Content: 9
    Immersion: 9
    Story: 7
  18. Dec 20, 2015
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  19. Dec 17, 2015
    Gameplay : 9
    Graphics : 8
    Story : 9
    Sound : 9
    Overall : 9
  20. Dec 13, 2015
    I'm a huge fan of the series, so I was extremely satisfied with this game. The game world was HUGE. The game play essentially consists of running around these two islands (second one unlocked later on, of course), climbing radio towers, and removing signal jammers from the top of said towers, thereby revealing more of the world on your map. It's basically the exact same thing as Far Cry 4.I'm a huge fan of the series, so I was extremely satisfied with this game. The game world was HUGE. The game play essentially consists of running around these two islands (second one unlocked later on, of course), climbing radio towers, and removing signal jammers from the top of said towers, thereby revealing more of the world on your map. It's basically the exact same thing as Far Cry 4. You'll also raid and conquer outposts, which was also exactly like Far Cry 4. The main plot consisted of assisting the island natives dispose of their pirate problem, the same being those that served as your adversaries at the aforementioned outposts. You're also trying to save your friends, all of whom came with you to the island for what was initially supposed to be a leisurely sojourn during an extended trust-fund financed vacation for twenty-somethings. Ignorant of the island's pirate occupation, however, both you and your friends are kidnapped during the beginning cut-scene. Separated at scattered across the island, you must seek them all out after you inevitably escape from your captors early on.

The island graphics are awesome. I think Far Cry 3 was superior to Far Cry 4 for that reason alone. The forests of Tibet (or whatever country that was supposed to be) just simply weren't as stunning as a tropical paradise. The weapons were basically the same. In FC3, once you got a silenced high powered sniper rifle, you really did become the Great White God the developers were going for. The outpost pirates simply didn't stand a chance as you dispatched them from bushes from on-high. Obviously, you didn't have to employ this strategy. Anyway, this was a great game and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys open world sandbox FPS titles.
  21. Nov 27, 2015
    I really love this game. I've played through the campaign mode twice on different difficulties. I really love the online mode too. I have racked up 70 hours of game play. I would really recommend this game. Sometimes Steam even runs sales on the game which makes it even better!
  22. Nov 9, 2015
    Don't pay attention to any negative review (all those don't even know meaning of Far cry)

Series was good and difficult at the time ,this one was easy and also difficult Something new how if you were trapped on and island just like in old films,You are not skilled ,you develops yourself ND FIGHTS WITH great bosses. Great atmosphere, wildlife is very real many twists take

Series was good and difficult at the time ,this one was easy and also difficult

ND FIGHTS WITH great bosses. Great atmosphere, wildlife is very real many twists take place in the game even while missions
  23. Sep 12, 2015
    Great Graphics, Tons of action and side missions but most importantly, a beautiful open world you can explore freely. I have hundreds of hours in this game and can honestly say that its a winner.
  24. Sep 10, 2015
    Okay this game is amazing probably in my top 10 this year. The visuals are great the game play great even the characters are great.This a game i would have even bought on release.
  25. sft
    May 31, 2015
    In praise of the undying bear

In praise of the undying bear

I really liked Far Cry but really didn’t like Far Cry 2, so I was hoping that FAR CRY 3 would put the franchise back on track. Thankfully it did. The Rook Islands are beautifully realised and provide some of the most impressive and realistic graphics I’ve encountered to date. The islands are lush and colourful and teeming with wildlife, all of which makes for a deeply immersive environment. Even if you ignored all the missions there’s a lot of fun to be had just exploring and hunting. But there are plenty of missions (almost 40 main story missions, a dozen or so side missions, plus a bunch of hunting and supply missions) to be completed. The main story is pretty good for an open world game. It’s not outstanding by any means but it provides sufficient momentum for your stay on the island and includes some pretty cool trippy experiences. Alongside the missions there are numerous items to collect, if you feel so inclined, and there are radio towers to activate and outposts to liberate. I had as much fun completing these tasks as I did completing the missions (although I didn’t track down all the collectibles -- there are just too many of them). It’s not all good however. The game has an incomprehensibly stupid save system. There is only one save slot and you can’t save at all during a mission. So if you have to leave the game mid-mission you have to start right back at the beginning next time you play. I know other games have employed similar systems but I just don’t understand why. The option to save should always be there -- you don’t have to use it if you don’t want to. I also found the looting mechanics to be annoying. Although you don’t have to wait for the prompt to activate the process it’s still too easy to accidentally swap weapons rather than collect loot. And finally, not enough dialogue was recorded for the minor NPCs, and consequently you here them repeating the same statements over and over again. These gripes aside, however, there’s little to detract from what is a great gaming experience. I haven’t tried the multiplayer options yet so I can’t comment on them. I plan on giving them a try later and will update this review if necessary.
  26. May 20, 2015
    I love this game so much!The story is so awesome!
    Why this game is awesome:
    1.Crafting system(craft syringe,bags for your survival!) 2.So many types of guns! 3.You can be a run and gun,sniper or knifer! 4.You can be stealthy,chaos-ish! 5.Cool antagonist: Vaas & Hoyt 6.Kill Animal! 7.Blood! 8.Be a ruthless killer or a reluctant hero 9.Many cool easter eggs 10.Uncover the secret
    I love this game so much!The story is so awesome!
    Why this game is awesome:
    1.Crafting system(craft syringe,bags for your survival!)
    2.So many types of guns!
    3.You can be a run and gun,sniper or knifer!
    4.You can be stealthy,chaos-ish!
    5.Cool antagonist: Vaas & Hoyt
    13.Insane amount of fun!
    14.Great Graphics!
    and many more reasons
  27. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Story driven game with breath taking surroundings. Handful of missions through the story really stood out and busted a hearty laugh of joy. A few minor bugs and hiccups occurred, mostly involving waterfalls, fire or waterfalls of fire.
    Highlights For Me:
    Have to say I had a connection with the bow. Hard to use at first at long distance but so worth it when you get the special tips. Rain fire down on outposts. BLOCK OUT THE SUN.
    The different tatu traits added a depth to the game that showed through the early gameplay. Fades away towards the end. If you collect the side items you can have all the skills by the end of the game.
    Villains make or break a game, that is a fact. You need to enjoy who your eventually going to end. Far Cry exceeds and making the villains in this game stand out. With enough insanity to make you laugh when you know you really shoulden't.
    Few minor flaws to point out:
    Character backstory was lacking. Why should I care about these people other then they are my "friends". Majority of the time when a name was mentioned I was pondering on who the hell they were. Having to go to the in-game handbook to match a face with a name.
    I was furious when I couldn't load a vehicle with C4 and ride it into a enemy outpost, jumping out before impacting and blowing the death trap. Leaving behind the bodies of my targets. But Nah. C4 just simply bounced off the vehicles or flew out when speeding.
    The Co-Op portion of this game was sadly a disappointment. Slew of glitches, bugs occurring every few minutes. Playing on hardest setting proved to be more annoying then cleaning the house. 1 shotgun blast from any direction was a instant kill, sometimes with that person appearing out of thin air. Background to characters was explained well before the game started. Something the main story was missing.
    Overall the game was great. Visually pleasing. Equally terrifying with jungle noises all around you. Screamed more times then I would like to admit when crocs would take a bit of my White Devil jungle conquering self.
  28. Mar 30, 2015
    This game is absolute awesome.The whole story line of this game is easily under stable.The visual graphic of the game is also promising.The open world that is provided in the game has each an every detailing.And there are many things to do in the open world including the missions.
  29. Feb 6, 2015
    [opinion only about the single player campaign] Although I despise open-world shooters, the game was enjoyable. I play games mostly for the story. Don't hate me, but I 'tweaked' it a bit (well, yeah, uhm... I cheated and got a lot of cash) to avoid the nonsensical side-quests and boring activities and focus on the plot, which by no means is great, but after all it is engaging. I kind of[opinion only about the single player campaign] Although I despise open-world shooters, the game was enjoyable. I play games mostly for the story. Don't hate me, but I 'tweaked' it a bit (well, yeah, uhm... I cheated and got a lot of cash) to avoid the nonsensical side-quests and boring activities and focus on the plot, which by no means is great, but after all it is engaging. I kind of liked the change in the protagonist, who grew to be the ultimate "waria", who got overly engaged with all the bloodshed and revenge. With the supernatural elements that can explain why a regular kid becomes an awesome commando-stalker-hunter, I actually felt like I should killing all those poor people. Most of the killing was pointless, but in this one case - it doesn't matter. Get some silenced guns, get a Desert Eagle and wreak havoc! That said, there is something wrong with the shooting mechanics themselves - they're not as fun as in other FPS, but clearly, this is a personal preference. The game looks and sounds great, the voice-acting is exceptional and there are some memorable characters. Don't hesitate and follow the path of the warria! Expand
  30. Jan 22, 2015
    this is one of the best fps games I've ever played but the end boss battle is too anti-climatic. graphics are amazing on low setting,nice gun-play,there are animals in this game too. good thing they made this game. It was worth playing it.
  31. Dec 28, 2014
    Far cry 3 is a fun game with open world and shooter mechanics and driving combined into one game including stealth mechanics. Farcry 3 is a great game but all the characters are basically douchebags except the antagonist vaas who is great and insane making you feel on the edge, the stealth is pretty fun and all the time I carried a recurve bow so I didn't have to deal with reinforcementsFar cry 3 is a fun game with open world and shooter mechanics and driving combined into one game including stealth mechanics. Farcry 3 is a great game but all the characters are basically douchebags except the antagonist vaas who is great and insane making you feel on the edge, the stealth is pretty fun and all the time I carried a recurve bow so I didn't have to deal with reinforcements The pc port is a god and it can run on a lot of pcs and on mine highest settings constantly at 60fps and I never noticed it drop (GTX660) farcry 3 is a game that can get boring after a while though and I only did a few side missions before they started becoming repetitive I recommend you buy this game if its on sale on steam, don't hesitate. Expand
  32. Dec 10, 2014
    Real solid action, beautiful landscapes and memorable characters are the highlights of Far Cry 3. The shooting action is one of the best in modern FPSs, and the stealth is fun. It is simple and, if you fail, it won't frustrate you. Vaas is one of the most charismatic villains I've ever seen, and yes, he has little time onscreen, but that's somewhat its charm. You are kept wondering whenReal solid action, beautiful landscapes and memorable characters are the highlights of Far Cry 3. The shooting action is one of the best in modern FPSs, and the stealth is fun. It is simple and, if you fail, it won't frustrate you. Vaas is one of the most charismatic villains I've ever seen, and yes, he has little time onscreen, but that's somewhat its charm. You are kept wondering when you will meet next. Only things holding it back are the crafting and repetitious tasks (driving from A to B, climbing towers, side quests feel all samey). But it is one of the most remarkable experiences from 2012. Expand
  33. Dec 7, 2014
    Game's ability to entertain you with interesting story and concept overall is a very important feature, and this game has it.

It's immerse gameplay is supported by variety of interactive environment, characters and weapons.
  34. Nov 30, 2014
    Great game. Story is great, missions are great, good voice acting and the main villain is interesting. Graphics are fantastic. Open world is great and filled with interesting stuff to do.
  35. Nov 28, 2014
    Despite not being a large first person action guy, i found this game very enjoyable and well worth the minimal amount i paid. Plenty to do and great mission variation. Thoroughly recommended and looking forward to playing number 4 :)
  36. Nov 28, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a classic shooter at its core, but there are various RPG mechanics, skills and upgrades under the hood. It’s a fabulous playing ground and one can but marvel at the wondrous ways the various elements interact with each other
  37. Nov 28, 2014
    Best Far Cry in the series so far. One of the best action games available right now. Probably the best open world sandbox shooter genre ever for the year 2012-2014...
  38. Nov 25, 2014
    I liked this game, nice title by Ubisoft (company that i dont like too much). Funny, well-staged story and nice graphics. Hopefully continue on this path.
  39. Nov 19, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is the ultimate power fantasy, and I mean this as a compliment. Yeah, lots of games let you take back strongholds with bazookas and flamethrowers, but few offer an experience as smooth as Far Cry's. Combat is the perfect balance between stealth and firefighting, letting you sneak behind bushes or aim explosives at everything in sight. The hunting side quests are also a ton of fun.
  40. Nov 15, 2014
    Its a fair game, with many positive regards to nature and beautiful world to explore. I just wish the intro was less stupid and less american-like. The multiplayer is questionable, but that's understandable in this kind of game.
  41. Nov 11, 2014
    Picked this up along Blood Dragon in the last Steam sale and feck me but this game rocks! The story is great, the world just begs to be explored and the main protaganist is pure insane. A must for any open world gamers.

Also, make sure to pick up Blood Dragon if you were an 80's and 90's gamer and action film fan.
  42. Nov 8, 2014
    Great game. On the con side: some issues with scripted missions i.e. player agency taken away which comes as a bit of a surprise when your used to the freedom the game gives you in all other areas. Pros: Michael Mando's performance, voice acting and sound work, game progression, involving story and characters that are not one dimensional, a metric f*ck ton of content including half tidyGreat game. On the con side: some issues with scripted missions i.e. player agency taken away which comes as a bit of a surprise when your used to the freedom the game gives you in all other areas. Pros: Michael Mando's performance, voice acting and sound work, game progression, involving story and characters that are not one dimensional, a metric f*ck ton of content including half tidy co-op/multiplayer and the ending wasn't bad either! Great value for money game. As an aside with Ubi's shenanigans with uplay/steam and the resolution debacle of AC unity I wont buy Far Cry 4 unless or until they straighten out their priorities - Far Cry 3 was so good and so full of value I thought they actually gave a rats ass about PC gaming as well as consoles. Expand
  43. Nov 5, 2014
    I really don't know what it is that makes this game so great. From the outset, it's mediocre first person shooter with RPG like elements added in. But once played,it seems all too much more. I mean,before I get onto the actual gameplay, let's just get a few things over with. For one, the game looks better then God. Really, the game is amazing. I fell over and went unconscious for a fewI really don't know what it is that makes this game so great. From the outset, it's mediocre first person shooter with RPG like elements added in. But once played,it seems all too much more. I mean,before I get onto the actual gameplay, let's just get a few things over with. For one, the game looks better then God. Really, the game is amazing. I fell over and went unconscious for a few minutes the first time I climbed the radio tower in the starters zone. Also, the game has a pretty good story. It's a bit cliché, yes,but all the characters are likable,or hateable depending.

With all that nonsense outta the way,let's get into gameplay. It's amazing. It's vastly improved over the previous iterations,but that's not really the thing here. Jason can wield any number of rifles,snottys, RPGs,or even a bow if you so desire, and each one is unique and satisfying. Shooting and stabbing your way through enemies is great,top. But that's not the draw. The draw here is freedom. With the exeption of a few missions,you take on missions however you desire. Grab an RPG,C4, and a LMG, and play Rambo. Go through the bushes with a silent sniper. Grab a bow. Play how you want.
  44. Oct 24, 2014
    First PC game for me to rate 9/10 in many years.

I first have to say that, at this point in 2014 most of the bugs are fixed and what's mentioned in bad reviews is fixed by now so you don't have to worry about technicalities. In short, it's a open world FPS game similar to Borderlands but with much less RPG elements and much more realistic tendencies. You start off as this very
    First PC game for me to rate 9/10 in many years.

In short, it's a open world FPS game similar to Borderlands but with much less RPG elements and much more realistic tendencies. You start off as this very vulnerable nobody, stuck in a jungle riddled with pirates and dangerous animals against your will with only knife and a pistol at your disposal. Combat realism is close to Crysis 3 but not as refined – as game progresses you become more powerful and thus combat becomes less realistic but more interesting and challenging. Overall, gameplay is unique and a fresh experience, once you get used to it, it’s very fun!

Story has an interesting set of antagonist but overall, it’s crap overall which is fitting for a FPS, they didn’t even bother to get emotional or anything, it’s basically just there to fulfill the gameplay. It is made up of interesting and challenging missions but often boring un-interruptible cut scenes. The main first antagonist, Vaas, could have been used much more but instead is just occasionally encountered – his appearance and (in my opinion fun) character was unexpectedly minor in the game.

Music is spectacular but rarely heard, only during action sequences, missions and occasional car radio (in game vehicles only seldom have radios).

Visuals are excellent but nothing spectacular, not even close to Crysis 3, which is expected due to its open-world nature and mild hardware requirements. If you had just finished Crysis 3 you’ll be very disappointed but game play makes up for it by far. Unfortunately, NVidia owners will experience small bugs and quirks quite often. There are also unusual FPS drops – switching to window mode and back into full screen (Alt+ENTER) fixes this, luckily it doesn’t happen often.

Gameplay is extremely fun combination of sneaking upon, going all Rambo on or avoiding enemies. It’s not as refined or realistic as Crysis 3 but it’s in my opinion more fun! It can get spooky, very exciting, fun and even quite funny at times. Game awards you a lot of points for being sneaky but you can easily finish the game in a very… um, explosive manner! If you opt out for Rambo style, game “awards” you by bringing reinforcements which means even more fun and more xp points. If you’re a stealthy assassin, game awards you extra points for various available methods of murdering enemies and staying undetected till the last enemy. You don’t have to pick just one style, there are three “skill trees” but if you play all side missions, quests and kill a lot of pirates, you can get easily all the skills. Small part of the game is made up of collecting herbs, items and such RPG style crap but time-wise it’s less than 2% of the gameplay.

The only serious criticism I have is the fact that you have to kill some animals to obtain things like a bigger loot sack. There’s even a side mission where you have to blow up “rabid” dogs with an RPG or kill a bunch with a flame thrower. Seriously? What’s next, killing ebola-infected babies with a flame thrower? Whoever made these missions is IMO a serious hazard to society. I understand if there’s an option to do something (e.g. you can murder children in some D&D games) but a mission dedicated to it is a whole new level of sick.
  45. Oct 23, 2014
    This game really set the bar high for any possible successors. Took the best things from Far Cry 2 and improved on it. Ubisoft really listened to their fan base. Played this game 3 times and I'm still going.
  46. Oct 16, 2014
    For me it's one of my favourite games. It was awesome. Do you still remember all of these hereos in this game? Yes I do. Great soundrack anyway. Huge map, You can play it your own way. You play it how long you want. Great graphic. I really glad that I could try this game.
  47. Oct 13, 2014
    They basically took all the gameplay elements of an Assassin's Creed game and adapted them for Far Cry. Towers in Assassin's Creed become camps in Far Cry. Viewpoints become radio towers. Swan diving into a hay stack becomes ziplining. And it works. It's simple and keeps you coming back.

The shooting mechanics and animations are fantastic. The crafting, the tattoo system, the weapon upgrading, it all works wonderfully. And there is plenty of content. And co-op which I haven't yet tried.

The story is very good despite not making sense most of the time. The voice acting is excellent for the most part, however the islanders all have the same **** voice and look identical. Story takes about 20-30 hours depending on how fast you go. The soundtrack (composed by Brian Tyler) is amazing.

Unfortunately there's Uplay, and parts of the game don't look that great thanks to the last-gen potatoes. Strangely, I had trouble maintaining 60 fps at higher than Medium settings, but MSAA and High textures weren't a problem. Noticed some occasional stuttering for whatever reason, but nothing too bad. Vsync was a little finicky.

I do wish there was a little more to Far Cry 3. The gameplay design felt very conservative and tried-and-true. I would like to see some new things in Far Cry 4.
  48. Oct 5, 2014
    Pretty good game, specially with a good PC as most of the views of the island are beautiful at high definition rate.
    This game is a classic but good FPS to play with.
    Do not hesitate when you see special offers for this game.
  49. Sep 27, 2014
    A 2 year old game that still look's better then every game till date! The story is grate and the Wildlife is **** amazing!

con: Uplay is still the reason for Japan's high suicide rate!
  50. Sep 21, 2014
    Great story line and awesome game experience. The game itself is quite challenging but never let me down to finish it till the end. I always love the open world concept throughout the game. The visual is stunning and the island environment was convincing.

Unfortunately, there are few things that can be improved, first, when I play on the mission, I cant run from it or I will failed the mission itself. Thus, I prefer that I can run from any mission and redo it whenever I want.

Secondly, in any of the difficult mission, once you reach at one of its checkpoint and died during the mission, let say, you just passed through the cave (first checkpoint) and reach the second checkpoint but at this checkpoint, you died being shot by random soldiers. When I was re-spawn or reborn ed which is at the last checkpoint (second checkpoint), the soldiers that hit me was gone. I thought it was glitches but it happened for few times. Hope someone can do something upon this matter.

But overall, the game was great and no regret to spend your 25 hours to play it.
  51. Sep 16, 2014
    Perfect. It has all what you wants: Graphics, story, gameplay. Ther has no week points you see it where you see it is awesome. You can die from a shot, or you can be atacked by a tiger or a shark. You will never remember all the map for his extending. Its **** huge. Perfect game
  52. Sep 16, 2014
    An amazing game, really fun to play, and with outstanding graphics. The controls are really enjoyable, and the history has some flaws, but Vaas character is simply one of the best villains of all game history.
  53. Sep 13, 2014
    Loved the game. From campaign to side mission to collectibles to upgrade weapons and hunting animals! The graphics and gameplay were amazing and the story was really good. It is a must buy.
  54. Aug 30, 2014
    A very good shooter game...Very good graphics and pretty awesome environmental depictions!! The game has very good use of plenty guns! There some annoying animals which sometimes ruin your misions!!
  55. Aug 16, 2014
    Farcry 3 is one of those games were you think why do I ever play multiplayer games. What I'm trying to say is that the game is absolutely beautiful, the gunplay is a mixture of satisfying and realistic, the stealth works great, the enemy ai is for the most part pretty smart, the open world is massive and there is always something to see or do, the story is exciting and tense (it is aFarcry 3 is one of those games were you think why do I ever play multiplayer games. What I'm trying to say is that the game is absolutely beautiful, the gunplay is a mixture of satisfying and realistic, the stealth works great, the enemy ai is for the most part pretty smart, the open world is massive and there is always something to see or do, the story is exciting and tense (it is a combination of pocahontus and taken) you will meet some of the strangest well thought out characters in any game you will ever play. A fantastic fps, open world sandbox and in my opinion it is better than crysis 1. The only critiisimeses I have is uplay because it is just an inconvenience it always needs updating, starting up farcry 3 takes longer because it has to go through steam then start up uplay and it is constantly going offline which disturbs the game, lets be honest no consumer wants uplay to exist but I can get past it to play an awesome game. Expand
  56. Aug 12, 2014
    I was expecting a lot from this game and that is what i got. Good graphics, not heavy for the PC, nice controls, nice story, all.
    Single player mode is great (maybe too easy?), feels like you are in a movie. Story is really involved.
    Co-op mode is a great addition as well.
    I really recommend it.
  57. Aug 7, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece. I'm not a big fan of shooters, but this one... well, after long day at work I sit to this game and I just have FUN. A lot of great fun. This is a briliant mix of relaxing shooting and funny exploring. Always something to do. Many nice weapons, very good graphic, nice story. Many options which absorb You totally. This game is a MUST HAVE for everyone who like a good fun.
  58. Jul 8, 2014
    This game is nearly perfect. Great graphics, sounds, gameplay. This game worth every bit of money you pay. But some missions are too hard. 8 out of 10.
  59. Jul 6, 2014
    Really enjoyed this game! Vaas Montenegro is one of my favourite evil video game characters of all time.
    The overall theme had the same flaw at first to storylines like Avatar - white man comes to save the natives - kinda offensive when you think about it. However, the ending turns this on it's head very well. Not going to give spoilers, but all is not what it seems.
    When it comes to
    When it comes to the ending, I honestly don't see what people were complaining about! I thought it was well played on the part of the writer.
    While fun, there were flaws to the gameplay itself - the AI was often a little buggy and I ended up with WAY too much money and loot very quickly!
    But overall it was a fun experience in a pretty setting. Giving this one a good score!
  60. Jul 3, 2014
    Every now and then, I get an urge to play a good single player FPS. Far Cry has tended to be one of the more challenging, pretty, story-rich, and eccentric single player experiences I've encountered in an FPS. Far Cry 3 did not disappoint in this regard.

After Ubisoft took over development from Crytek after the first Far Cry, the series has taken a decidedly Assassin's Creed (AC hereinafter) feel in terms of how information is presented to the player, as well as how the world is revealed to the player. This means a classic AC map interface wherein all of the "stuff" you can do in the game is hidden until you scale tall radio towers (AC: climb tall buildings), fix the radio (AC: look around to see where everything is), and use a zip-line to alight safely back to the ground (AC: jump off tower into bale of hay). At this point, all activities you can partake in are available to you on the map. Once you head out to actually DO activities, the classic Far Cry feel returns. Reasonably challenging enemies that are much more challenging when you run in and try to gun everyone to death (this very well may result in death, in fact it's likely). If you did that in Far Cry (1) you were likely toast.

The environment is a beautiful lush jungle atmosphere with small-to-large villages scattered throughout. There's no way you'll be able to see where everyone you must take out is without doing a little bit of scouting first. THEN, after you've scouted everyone, then maybe you can run and gun successfully, mainly thank in part to the mark that remains on the top of the head of scouted enemies. One other thing to mention, enemies won't let you just sit in cover. They will flank you. They will be aggressive. Running around and using different cover and flanking them yourself is recommended! Oh, and uh, if you've never played a Far Cry before, enjoy the wildlife! They make things very interesting! Especially when they show up while you are trying to take over an encampment/village. And eat you.

Now, I said story-rich...don't take that to mean Pulitzer Prize winning writing. I just meant that this isn't your now-typical 5 hour Call of Duty campaign where you know nothing about the protagonist and those that surround him other than their battle skills. The story is pretty over-the-top, but that's part of the fun. Far Cry never takes itself too seriously and makes the player feel like a badass without making them feel too invincible. The music direction by Brian Tyler is pretty much spot on with some gems thrown in there...think very different types of music put in basically what are the perfect spots. They all fit so well and only added to my personal experience. I especially loved post-rock tracks.

With all the Steam sales Far Cry 3 has seen, I'm willing to bet many of you have already picked it up, and maybe even played it. But for those of you who have not purchased it, it is a solid buy for $30 and an absolute steal at anything $20 and under. If you already own it and it's sitting in your library uninstalled, then I recommend installing it and taking it for a spin. Personally, the experience was very fun and worth the time I spent playing (approx 30-40 hours, closer to 40 and I didn't do every last thing in the game).
  61. Jun 27, 2014
    Ubisoft you did it again!
    Absolutely amazing!
    Memorable characters, Great plot, Interesting side-quests AMAZING weapons and add-ons,
    and I LOVE the outpost-capturing system.
    If this game was a person, i would throw money at him non-stop.
  62. Jun 27, 2014
    Far Cry 3. A little while back I reviewed Far Cry 2, the prequel to this game. I thought it was a little underrated, and I thought Far Cry 1 was overrated. Most people disliked Far Cry 2 because of its meh story and realism, but I loved the game for those reasons, and I thought it was definitely worth playing. As for Far Cry 1, I thought it was little more than a tech demo for theFar Cry 3. A little while back I reviewed Far Cry 2, the prequel to this game. I thought it was a little underrated, and I thought Far Cry 1 was overrated. Most people disliked Far Cry 2 because of its meh story and realism, but I loved the game for those reasons, and I thought it was definitely worth playing. As for Far Cry 1, I thought it was little more than a tech demo for the first Crysis. Now I have played Far Cry 3, which takes the game's setting away from Africa, and back to the tropical island type of setting from Far Cry 1. However, it still retains most if not all of the open world freedom of Far Cry 2, and gets rid of most of the realism, and provides a better story. So, is this tropical island a paradise that you will spend hours getting lost in, or is Far Cry 2 still the superior Far Cry game? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is slightly different from its predecessor. Yes, it is still a first-person shooter, and there is still an open world for you to explore, just like the last game. However, this game is slightly different because the game mechanics have been greatly improved. For those of you who were unhappy with the stealth mechanics of Far Cry 2, your prayers have been answered. Stealth is emphasized much more in this game than it was in the last game. It is now much easier to kill enemies quietly when they're not looking. Another improvement this game made on the last one is the inclusion of perks and skill trees. Perks give your character more power, and the more perks you have, the more will be available later on in the game. The skill trees in this game make this game have elements of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout in it, which is always a nice touch, as the perks in both of the former made the games much more enjoyable. The open world has also been improved. There is now much more to do than ever in Far Cry 3. You can assault enemy outposts however you want, help natives on certain quests, and play mini games such as poker and knife throwing. Of course there are also story missions, which have been improved from Far Cry 2, thanks to the game now having a much easier story to follow. Because you can approach this game's missions however you please, the game is much more enjoyable. Stealthy players will find plenty of options to hide in the shadows, and kill enemies. Long range players will be able to use sniper rifles to pick off enemies from a distance. Players who just like to charge in guns blazing will be able to do that too. The AI is also a challenge in this game. The enemies know how to alert allies if you are attacking them, and they also use cover very effectively. This game's AI is among the best I have ever seen in a video game. Even on the easiest difficulty I died several times because of this game's advanced A.I. As for problems with the gameplay, there really aren't very many at all. The only minor gripe I have with the gameplay is that there are a few bugs, but these bugs are few and far between. This game is insanely fun to play no matter how you decide to play it. As for the graphics, I think Crysis has lost its majesty as the best looking PC game I have ever played. This game just barely beats the original Crysis in terms of graphics. Far Cry 3 is a beautiful looking game. Everything in this game is rich with detail, looks very colorful, and looks realistic to boot. The graphics of this game have won my award for the best graphics ever seen in a video game. As for the story, it has also been improved. It may not be as good as some other stories I have seen in video games, but it is still an improvement over Far Cry 2's bland and boring story. You play as a man named Jason Brody, who has to rescue his friends from a band of pirates and mercenaries led by two insane evil men. This time, the premise is good, the characters are well developed, and the plot is smoother and easier to follow than the previous game. The story of this game is fantastic, even though it's not quite as good as other titles. Overall, this game is fantastic. It is a huge improvement over Far Cry 2, as it improved on just about everything that made Far Cry 2 such a great game. I recommend this title to just about anyone who wants to play a video game. Unless of course, they are offended by some of this game's mature content.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Story: 9/10
    Overall: 10/10
  63. Jun 24, 2014
    This game is amazingly fun and incredible addictive but also there are few weaknesses
    Pros:
    - Large map to explore including some secrets - A variety of ways to execution: Snipe, Assassin, Rambo, etc. - Interesting side quests such as hunting rare animals - The outpost system is really fun - Weapons customization - Amazed graphics Cons: - Terrible endings in my opinion - The
    Pros:
    - Large map to explore including some secrets
    - A variety of ways to execution: Snipe, Assassin, Rambo, etc.
    - Interesting side quests such as hunting rare animals
    - The outpost system is really fun
    - Weapons customization
    - Amazed graphics

Cons:
    - Terrible endings in my opinion
    - The crafting system is somewhat simple
    - Cant shoot while driving which makes me frustrate sometimes

Overall this is still a must-have, especially for who are the fan of this series
  64. Jun 23, 2014
    Maybe my expectations are low. But I was looking for a new kind of game and I found it. I hate hard games where you get stuck, but Far Cry is hard enough. I hate games that are repetitive and require saves and loads and dying. Worse like Dues Ex you have to remember when you saved it and what you did so you don't do it again or miss something (otherwise Dues Ex is great!) Far Cry is theMaybe my expectations are low. But I was looking for a new kind of game and I found it. I hate hard games where you get stuck, but Far Cry is hard enough. I hate games that are repetitive and require saves and loads and dying. Worse like Dues Ex you have to remember when you saved it and what you did so you don't do it again or miss something (otherwise Dues Ex is great!) Far Cry is the right mixture of RPG and action. I don't like pure action and I don't like RPG's but this combo is excellent. I have found no bugs. It hasn't crashed on me. It runs smoothly. The enemy are as intelligent as they need to be. . I can't give it 10 because maybe Far Cry 4 will be better and I wont know how to score it... How anybody can give it less than 5 I really don't know. Expand
  65. Jun 13, 2014
    One of the best shooters of this generation . the best thing about this game is its open world and RPG elements.Other than the main plot which is pretty good with an awesome antagonist Vaas there r side activities to be done like hunting for exotic animals,crafting , liberating outposts , side missions, mini games etc. the multiplayer is not that fun and is pretty generic but its co op isOne of the best shooters of this generation . the best thing about this game is its open world and RPG elements.Other than the main plot which is pretty good with an awesome antagonist Vaas there r side activities to be done like hunting for exotic animals,crafting , liberating outposts , side missions, mini games etc. the multiplayer is not that fun and is pretty generic but its co op is excellent.the world is Huge with awesome landscape and wildlife. this game is a must have. Expand
  66. Jun 2, 2014
    Definitely get this game if it is on sale for $20 or under, it's packed full of great stealth sequences which are fluid and rewarding, a skill tree packed with innovative and useful perks, excellent gunplay with a medley of interesting weapons, all allowing for your own unique playstyle(burn your enemy out with molotovs, flare guns or flamethrowers, or carefully snipe your enemy with bowsDefinitely get this game if it is on sale for $20 or under, it's packed full of great stealth sequences which are fluid and rewarding, a skill tree packed with innovative and useful perks, excellent gunplay with a medley of interesting weapons, all allowing for your own unique playstyle(burn your enemy out with molotovs, flare guns or flamethrowers, or carefully snipe your enemy with bows and snipers, or even go full out rambo with LMGs and shotguns), and a great, subversive story which isn't so much about a white American stoner going to an island and killing lots of people, as it is about the true cost and insanity of living in a fantasy world and thinking that killing lots of people is a wonderful thing. Some people claim that halfway through the game, it loses its pacing, but for me personally, I think that all the characters are strong enough to keep on carrying the story forward in an engaging fashion, and even if they don't, then the gameplay always feels novel as you experiment with the wide range of guns, takedown techniques, and playstyles to become the ultimate hunter. Expand
  67. May 31, 2014
    Best open-world shooter on the market.
    Detailed and beautiful jungle enviroment.
    One of the best looking games made. Great gunplay and many tools to play with pirates. A little naive yet very engaging story that surprisingly has a good ending. You feel like an ultimate jungle badass No crappy DLCs is a welcome change on the market Good and fun progression with animal hunting Good
    Best open-world shooter on the market.
    Detailed and beautiful jungle enviroment.
    One of the best looking games made.
    Great gunplay and many tools to play with pirates.
    A little naive yet very engaging story that surprisingly has a good ending.
    You feel like an ultimate jungle badass
    No crappy DLCs is a welcome change on the market
    Good and fun progression with animal hunting
    Good gunplay
    Very immersive
    Much wow, so shooter, very must buy. One of the best games of recent years for me.
  68. May 28, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.0 Gameplay: 9.0 Fun/Story: 9.2

Much better than far cry 2. It´s quality is like the first one and and these are good news. Graphics are amazing.
  69. May 11, 2014
    Yes, it’s one of the greatest FPS-es of 2013. A beautiful, large open world makes this an instant hit…but it’s not bad that the shooting mechanics are there too. Far Cry 3 has it’s flaws, but the pros overwhelm them by a mile. Let’s see…

MORE ON: http://prosncons.22web.org/ + It’s a beautiful open world in which you want to get lost. Don’t care about the missions, just go out there,

MORE ON: http://prosncons.22web.org/

+ It’s a beautiful open world in which you want to get lost. Don’t care about the missions, just go out there, on foot and find the secrets of this magnificent island.
    + The setting is a breath of fresh air. We’ve seen a lot of sandbox games, but rarely they break out from the confinements of the big cities. At first, you wonder how an island can work as a setting for this game, in the end, you don’t want to go back to the city ever again.
    + The AI is exceptional, and partly this makes the world living. You meet bandits and friends in the world on their own mission while bigger animals hunt the smaller one and occasionally attacking humans too. It’s a realistic ecosystem that makes the game more enjoyable.
    + Far Cry 3 contains awesome lot of stuff to do. The main story takes around 12 hours to complete, but you can do side-quests, liberate outposts, take on races, hunt animals or enemies, and a lot more. Repetition is out of the question.
    + One person: Vaas. One of the antagonists delivers a stunning performance that is rarely seen in video games. It’s one of the best performances ever in a video game.

~ The character development is good, but doesn’t introduce anything new. Jason Brody is an essential part of the story and not just it’s abilities develop, but his personality too. From a rich spoilt kid to the warrior of the Rakyat. We have seen this too many times.
    ~ The story is shallow at best and won’t thrill you all the way, but has its moments, mainly when you go eye-to-eye with one of the antagonists.
    ~ The co-op campaign (with a different story on the same island) is a good addition, but doesn’t offer anything like the the main campaign.

- Side quests aren’t much of an addition. Yes, they have their own – very superficial – stories, but all of them take 15 minutes max to complete and usually the same task. Get something from 100 meters away and bring it back.
    - The ending is the real disappointment here. It will leave you puzzled, as why would anyone think it was a good idea to put a life changing choice in the end of a game that didn’t include any choice up to that point.

Time to beat: 12 hours (main campaign), 20+ hours (side-quests and min-games).
    Replay Value: 3/5
    In one word: Insanely beautiful
    On P’n’C scale: Instant Favorite
    Must give points: 91

MORE ON: http://prosncons.22web.org/
  70. May 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jason Brody was never meant to be a killer, from the moment player’s step into his shoes Jason is scared and horror stricken as he watches his brother murder to try and liberate them from the pirates. Soon afterwards his brother is murdered by Vaas, the pirate leader who’s kidnapped his friends and family, alone and frightened Jason is taken in by the villagers who call this island home after narrowly escaping from the pirates.
    The tone of Far Cry 3 is set now, the game is dark and bleak, making players reconsider their own morals on violence. Jason doesn’t start off right away as wanting revenge, he simply wants to save his younger brother Riley and his friends. The power he feels every time he takes down an enemy is intoxicating, he enjoys it. An insecure young man now finds himself with a purpose, even telling another shell shocked friend that killing feels “like winning”.
    The game immerses you instantly, with splendid voice acting, Vaas gets inside the player’s head, questioning the insanity and futileness of never being able to kill the player. Through hallucinations and cut scenes the players discover the chill inducing similarities between Jason and Vaas. Causing the question to arise of whether or not the choices Jason makes can be considered morally right. The game brings forth the question, how far are you willing to go for those you care for? And what kind of person will you be after making those decisions?
    This lead to the moral dilemma of whether to go mass killing sprees to take over pirate bases, this is not necessary to further the plotline but is incredibly helpful to the player. Providing experience the more people that Jason kills the better he becomes earning experiences that can be used to buy upgrades to better handle weapons and fight. The bases also provide places for the player to sell goods and buy more supplies to further them along, taking over more bases also allows for new weapons to be unlocked that are incredibly powerful.
    Loss of control is the central theme moving the story along, from seeing the unhinged Vaas snapping at Jason and falling over the edge into insanity. Jason’s friends are shown to be unhinged or having completely lost it after days of torture. Jason is no exception from this, the man who once whimpered at the idea of someone being killed has now come to enjoy the slaughter, and it feels like winning after all.
    Not only for Jason but for the player as well, as Jason is developed and his transition from average civilian to ruthless killer, the player transitions with him. As the player progresses they can find ways they are most comfortable with in order to gain the most experience as well as having the game become easier as they upgrade. Being able to shoot open pens to have locked up tigers and bears attack pirates for you and allow you to take over the bases quicker can be a thrilling experience. The opportunity to cause raw chaos is invigorating, and why not throw in a Molotov while the base is in a panic? Nothing quite as fear inducing as a flaming bear coming right for your face. Feels like winning indeed.
    Far Cry 3 is a first person shooter that treats its characters and player for what they are, people with consciousness and their own moral standing. Should mass shooter games really be this enjoyable? Should the amount of violence and chaos seen be so naturally addictive to create? Maybe not, but it is.
  71. Apr 28, 2014
    this Is the best game ever....Best Fps...and amazing and stunning graphics....This is not a regular Fps like COD..If Unique and different with an interesting story...Definitely the best game of 2012
  72. Apr 23, 2014
    Shooters besides open-world games should be taken somewhat 50 hours usually from me to involve over an experience. Far Cry 3 doesn't seem so much like 'fictional'-- [Impressive] Far Cry 3 nails to 'reality', 'Fun' rather than 'fiction' which is most likely joy and valid to anyone.
  73. Apr 20, 2014
    I really enjoy games with this type of open world environment that you can explore and also do this in the order you feel like is the most fun, The graphics of the game and how smooth it runs is just amazing.
    I Also enjoyed the story alot!!
  74. Apr 6, 2014
    Great and fun game but it's too short! i would give a higher score if the story was longer, but i still love it! I hope the next game has a longer story ;)
  75. Mar 26, 2014
    +Impressive Stealth
    +Weapon Customisation is a Lot of Fun to Use
    + Hunting Animals are Fun
    The Cons -
    - Vaas needed more screen time
    - Boss Battles are Quick Time Events

Overall Verdict -
    9/10 Incredible
  76. Mar 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is a game that is lovingly crafted and rich in detail. It is one of the few sequels that fixes the problems of its predecessor without adding [m]any new ones. Gone are the dreaded Malaria, gun jamming and check point respawn mechanics. I initially held off on Far Cry 3 upon its release and grabbed it as a bargain buy on Steam. However, I would happily pre-order the next titleFar Cry 3 is a game that is lovingly crafted and rich in detail. It is one of the few sequels that fixes the problems of its predecessor without adding [m]any new ones. Gone are the dreaded Malaria, gun jamming and check point respawn mechanics. I initially held off on Far Cry 3 upon its release and grabbed it as a bargain buy on Steam. However, I would happily pre-order the next title going by the quality of this one.
    Playing Far Cry 3 on a high end system is like taking a passport into a dangerous, virtual realm. It is captivating and will have you coming back for more.
    I cannot wait to see what Ubisoft come up with after this.
    I have given Far Cry 3 the perfect 10 as I feel that it merits the score based on the sheer amount of content and attention to detail (and being a relatively bug free experience).
    Ubisoft, I salute you.
  77. Mar 17, 2014
    Generally a really well done, fun game but it cannot match the supreme experience of Far Cry 2 - though that in itself is no shame. The combat works well, the new takedown mechanisms add to the stealth options but in the end the AI is too blind for stealth to truly work and reach the same heights as in Far Cry 2. Stealth is most fun in the beginning before you realize just how close andGenerally a really well done, fun game but it cannot match the supreme experience of Far Cry 2 - though that in itself is no shame. The combat works well, the new takedown mechanisms add to the stealth options but in the end the AI is too blind for stealth to truly work and reach the same heights as in Far Cry 2. Stealth is most fun in the beginning before you realize just how close and visible you need to get to get caught. Once you realize that, you tend to stop trying.

I recommend Ziggy's mod for an improved challenge and gameplay experience but the vanilla is also an enjoyable ride if you like it easy.

The game starts off at its strongest point and then slowly slides. The first island is great fun and both exploring and fighting is just addicting. However, as you get all your skills, weapons and move on to the second island, it starts to slide slightly and by the end it's all routine. The story also falls short, unfortunately, and by the end it straight up stumbles. The ending, whichever you choose, is awful.

That said, the awesome graphics and fun game mechanics make this a great game overall and it should be played by any FPS fan. The best shooter made since its prequel.
  78. Mar 16, 2014
    is the best shooter I ve ever played. I enjoy every mission. the voices and movement of characters are very good. there s no words to describe how good this game is...
  79. Mar 12, 2014
    Awesome game with an impressive open world; Lots of opportunities for wandering. A nice plot and well-made side missions. Far Cry3 is a perfect game. Salute to Ubisoft!
  80. Mar 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best game I have played and I think that many people also liked it
    because the game has a good plot and a beautiful graphics similar to Crysis 3.
    I have rated this game on 9 because I saw some bugs for example: when I was
    bitten by shark, protagonist began to pull the bullet out of the hand. Another
    reason why you must play this game, it is the antagonist Vaas Montenegro
    (leader of the pirates). He is cruel and unpredictable also he is always
    swearing. Despite small disadvantages the game is interesting and very colorful.
  81. Mar 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great all-round game, but not without it's flaws. For example, the gameplay is great, the crafting fantastic, but the game seemed to get stale after a while for me (however I am used to the replayability of Skyrim). Also, there is some scenes incorporated that I wish had been left out (the Cirta boob scene for example): they're simply unnecessary for the storyline. So, an 80%, then. Expand
  82. Mar 2, 2014
    farcry 3 is like jurasic park expect you dont kill dinosuars . it is amazing and it is breathtaking and the best adventure creating the most epic brilliant game ever .
  83. Mar 2, 2014
    A wonderful game.

Enjoyable missions, varied tasks, a good story, an emotional connection to characters, minimal "grind" or "walking simulation". On the whole, a satisfying ride that I'll probably come back to again to play all the way through.
  84. Feb 28, 2014
    Far Cry 4 got me hooked, great graphics and gameplay, absolutely no crashed or stuff ups and good value for money too. Unlike it's predecessor I found myself more involved with the game, the story and characters. The side quests were a waste of time for me anyway which lets it down.

9/10 Rubber cookies.
  85. Feb 20, 2014
    As a fat gay dad, I really enjoyed this game. The weapons are varied and the stealth is well realised. You can run over wildlife in this game. No penises or obese women.
  86. Feb 8, 2014
    Pretty good game, it would probably be 9/10 if it weren't for some techincal issues... Overall good story, plenty of action, gigantic world, spent almost 50 hours finishing this one, definitly recommended
  87. Feb 1, 2014
    As a long-time fan of the Far Cry series I did what is usually a mistake: I got extremely hyped for this game to come out and set my expectations very high - which usually leads me to being very disappointing; well, that is completely NOT the case with Far Cry 3! This game is the definition of action (and insanity :D)!
    PROS:
    +The world is massive! If you read my reviews you already know
    PROS:
    +The world is massive! If you read my reviews you already know I go gaga over open world games.
    +This game has some of the best antagonists out of any other video game I have ever played! (The best villains would probably go to the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.)
    +Incredible voice acting! Like blow-your-face-out-the-back-of-your-head good voice acting!
    +The beginning of the game is extremely intense! You're constantly running from everything because you're weak and vulnerable (basically, you're a person) and you know a group of pirates or a single tiger can kill you - you get such a vivid painting of the terror of survival!
    +Related to the one above; this game executes the survival aspect superbly.
    +While it is reputation of Ubisoft to have cringe-worthy animations they do a really good job in FC3.
    +If you don't know already, you have the option to take over pirate camps - you have at least 3 ways to approach each base, so you can play your own style in this game - or even experiment with other play styles.
    +The story isn't incredible like lets say GTA V, or the Last of Us, but it is enjoyable and you'll remember it for a few years, maybe.
    CONS:
    -The story missions are linear. I don't know why they decided to do that, but they did: An example of this could be that when you take over a base you can do it half stealthy and half action, action, or stealth; the game in the missions supply you with an infamous yellow-bubble of linearness; this bubble makes you play the mission how it wants you to play the mission. Poor development choice if you ask me...
    -If you take over a pirate base they stop spawning in that area - which craps on the survival aspect the game does so well.
    Yes, yes, yes I would recommend this game to anyone - even if they don't like FPS games! It is so worth your money and if you don't have it, pick it up NOW!
  88. Jan 29, 2014
    One of my favorites, FC3 is an amazing game.

For starters, the game is beautiful, and Rook Island looks amazing. The takedown mechanics are solid, stable and really fun! Shooting is satisfying, and also stable. But I do have some complaints about this. For starters, money becomes almost useless late game. You unlock guns after activating radio towers, so what's the point of buying
    One of my favorites, FC3 is an amazing game.

But I do have some complaints about this. For starters, money becomes almost useless late game. You unlock guns after activating radio towers, so what's the point of buying them? Hunting can also be a chore, and sometimes the animals don't even spawn at their designated spawn ground.

The single player is the best feature of the game. It has a somewhat generic storyline to it, but it's not vital to understanding the game. You're some random kid who gets captured by pirates and now you have to save your friends from the hands of the island's mercenaries, pirates, etc...
    There aren't a lot of guns, but at least you can add modification attachments, and apply paint jobs to them. The environment is detailed and lush, and the graphics are fantastic.

I would give this game a 10, but the multiplayer is this game's Achilles Heel.
    The standard multiplayer is a generic pirate vs rakyat combat with no new innovation or fun. Leveling up isn't as rewarding or satisfying as leveling up in Battlefield. When I discovered that this game had a Coop mode and you could play with your friends, I was ecstatic! But when we finally played it, we were disappointed.
    The Coop is really just a set of really boring missions that revolves around stopping some captain or something, I don't know, i didn't pay attention to the story. Why couldn't Ubisoft make the Coop an open world mode? Imagine driving around Rook Island, you at the steering wheel and a friend in the turret, ready to take down pirates! That's what I was expecting, not the boring generic stupid coop missions.
    The missions hold no variety, there are quicktime events, you have to repair some random piece of machinery, you need to do this and do that, it gets very tedious after a while.
    Granted, the missions can be a little bit fun, but when you get up to the carrying missions, you wish you were playing the single player. There are times where you have to pick up bombs, missiles or other random crap and take it to a place. When you're holding the item, you can't sprint or crouch, you can't shoot. If your friend(s) can't defend you, you lose the mission! What a joke.
    Also, they removed the fire-spread system from coop. The flamethrower is incredibly OP when held by a flamer. It can insta-down you almost quickly, but the flamethrower in your hands is nothing more than a water gun.

Don't expect great multiplayer out of this. Only play the singleplayer.
  89. Jan 28, 2014
    The best gaming experience I have ever had. The game is so good. Perfect graphics, amazing gameplay and an open world. Feel free to have fun! Best game ever!
  90. Jan 25, 2014
    (Note: If you don't have a good computer, it will not run, and even if it does, it'll be extremely laggy.) This game is purely amazing. I'm a huge fan of open world games (Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, etc.) so when I saw this, I had to get it. It has some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and a open world as big as Morrowind. The RPG mechanics are pretty good too. If you are a fan of FPS,(Note: If you don't have a good computer, it will not run, and even if it does, it'll be extremely laggy.) This game is purely amazing. I'm a huge fan of open world games (Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, etc.) so when I saw this, I had to get it. It has some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and a open world as big as Morrowind. The RPG mechanics are pretty good too. If you are a fan of FPS, RPG, or Adventure games, this game is a must have. Expand
  91. Jan 24, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is without a doubt the high point of the franchise. After the lackluster Far Cry 2, it's great to see Ubisoft fix just about everything that was wrong with it. Fantastic visuals and optimization. The storyline is good, but not great. There are a lot of poorly fleshed out characters that I would have loved to get to know better, especially the friends that you spend the entireFar Cry 3 is without a doubt the high point of the franchise. After the lackluster Far Cry 2, it's great to see Ubisoft fix just about everything that was wrong with it. Fantastic visuals and optimization. The storyline is good, but not great. There are a lot of poorly fleshed out characters that I would have loved to get to know better, especially the friends that you spend the entire game trying to rescue. The story itself was a bit shorter than I would have liked. There needed to be more story missions where you interact with other characters. The difficulty was definitely too easy. They were definitely trying to appeal to the console crowd by making the game easier, but that's not what Far Cry is. The opportunity to plan attacks on outposts is great, but the lax difficulty means that this really isn't necessary. There were a few glitches and bugs that I came across but nothing that was really severe. However the biggest problem with the game is the multiplayer. Far Cry never was, and never should be, about multiplayer or Co-OP. Resources were wasted on both of these modes that could have been used to improve the singleplayer experience. Overall the game is absolutely fantastic. If they stop trying to appeal to console players and ditch the lame multiplayer and coop modes, then Far Cry 4 can be a complete masterpiece. Expand
  92. Jan 13, 2014
    This game is simply perfect, story is best,characters are also impressive.In addition this game has best graphics,far cry 2 was not so much attractive but this is really a master piece. Its story has no link to far cry 2,pc version contains so much bugs like sometimes u cant pick up a weapon.For me,this game is capable of getting 9 at least.
  93. Jan 12, 2014
    Now that I replay this for the third time (the first 2 were on 360), I observe two things.
    That framerate does matter, as so the resolution. It is considerably better looking than the weaker console versions, but overall I would say that the experience is the same.
    This is a huge game, with lots of fun to be had (you hear that FC2?) and it is every bit as enjoyable as I remember it.

The second thing I noticed is how bad the writing is. I didn't realise it the first two times but while the overall story is compelling, the actual characters (except from Vaas and Citra of course) are uninspired and really speak bad written lines. The side characters are all too forgetable and while I don't like the art style of this game much, technically the characters look all alike.

Thank god, I don't have to listen to them and I can go do lots of other activities,
  94. Jan 10, 2014
    Never played the first 2 games. So this is a brand new experience to me. Far Cry 3 Is a very good game.
    The story is at the top of it's game with interesting characters and lets be honest one of the most memorable side villains of all time in gaming, Vaas his appearances in game were my favorite moments in the game.
    The Open World element is strong too. Vast Jungles to the Open seas make
    The Open World element is strong too. Vast Jungles to the Open seas make this the most entertaining FPS of the year.
    The Multiplayer was mediocre but some features shined such as the Game Ending Cinematics with the top 3 players of the winning team and the best player of the losing team, The 1st place player of the winning team chooses to Spare or Kill the losing player, which I found very funny also the map edit feature was excellent as well.

95. Jan 5, 2014
    Only one thing, Incredible Certainly one of my favourite game.. Great grapichs, great story line and most of all great characters.. Pretty fun also the editor mod
  96. Jan 5, 2014
    This has absolutely been the most entertaining game I've played in a long time. The graphics are top notch, the action is top notch and on top of that it had a nice story.
  97. Jan 5, 2014
    Good game with great open environments. Story keeps you engaged and keeps giving you a reason to push forward. Eventually some of the open world aspects continue to feel repetitive. For the price I paid for this game (5 dollars) it was well more than worth my money.
  98. Jan 4, 2014
    Far Cry 3, exceeded my expectations. The only problem I had with this game other than some of the boxes when going on a sloped surface is that after finishing the game I lost the will to play it again for a long time, even though I told myself I'll complete all the side-quests.
    The story is amazing and it truly makes you feel a part of it. You develop feelings for characters, for some you feel sorry, some make you laugh and some you admire. Even the antagonists are characters you feel for them.
    The open world and the ways you reveal it are a big part of the game and it pretty much scores it.
    From the little things like driving, crafting or gaining skills to the shooting and completing the game Far Cry 3 nails it.
    All I can say is that I highly recommend every shooter and campaign enthusiasts to get the game.
    Multiplayer is great but nothing too special.

I can't wait for Far Cry 4.
  99. Jan 3, 2014
    Having played Far Cry 2 and getting bored before finishing it, I wasn't sure whether it was worth playing this, but it was on steam for 5 quid and a friend told me it was much better. He was totally right!! I really enjoyed playing through this game and even once the story missions was over I wanted to continue, which is rare for me.

I think the main improvements on the last game (which

I think the main improvements on the last game (which I can't remember all that well tbh) are the emphasis on hunting and crafting items and the storyline which I thought was strong if a little far fetched, but hey, we don't always play games/watch TV/read for realism anyway. I thought the voice acting was good especially from the various antagonists. Graphics as with FC2 are very good and ran well on my mid level machine after quite a bit of tweaking.

My main criticism of this game was no proper support for playing with both gamepad mouse and keyboard as driving is a right pain with the keyboard and I like to have the option when not engaged in combat to choose between the two (helps with the RSI's lol). The only reason I can think why they did this is because of the use of prompts throughout the game. Anyway I found a WORK AROUND of sorts which was to set it to gamepad (I used a wireless 360) and when I switched it off it automatically switched to mouse and keys, and back again when I switched back on. You'd think it would have been easy enough to automatically switch the prompts to the last input device used on the fly, right!?

If you're going to play this make sure you spend a good chunk of time early on, hunting, crafting, and capturing radio towers (unlocks weapons as well as maps). Also make use of the camera when preparing to raid a camp as it make life a lot easier, as do some of the syringes.

I'm giving this a 9 but it's probably more like 8.6

Funniest/Most disturbing moment of the game "You know...I never thought I'd be able to kill someone. The first time, it felt wrong. Which is good, right? But now...it feels like winning."

Probably gonna do some more "winning" on FC3 Blood dragon next or maybe Skyrim which I just got for dirt cheap off steam as well. Happy days :D
  100. Jan 3, 2014
    An way better experience than Far Cry 2
    Beautiful graphics great story and an whole tropical island for you
    It's an really great game and it deserves to be played
  101. Jan 1, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game. The graphics are incredible, and if you're capable of running this maxed you're in for a treat. I found my finger hovering over the screenshot button most of the game. The storyline is very, very dark, and, minus the mystical tattoo silliness, will remind anyone who's read it of Heart of Darkness. Vaas is incredibly compelling, and steals every scene he's in.Far Cry 3 is an amazing game. The graphics are incredible, and if you're capable of running this maxed you're in for a treat. I found my finger hovering over the screenshot button most of the game. The storyline is very, very dark, and, minus the mystical tattoo silliness, will remind anyone who's read it of Heart of Darkness. Vaas is incredibly compelling, and steals every scene he's in. Gameplay is likewise excellent, and how you approach things is largely up to you. Sneak around, be stealthy, set up traps, or go in guns blazing and burn everything down. I do have a few minor issues, and one major one which prevent me from giving it a 10 though. Hunting is fun for a while, but once you've crafted everything (which is pretty much a necessity, you will want to do it ASAP) there's no reason to continue, and loot interaction, especially looting bodies, is awkward. The major issue I have, however, is with the quick buttons. There are only 4, and 2 should be used for your camera and rock throwing, meaning that out of the dozen or so crafted items you can make only 2 are easily available at a time. It's a PC game, there's NO reason for the limited console control scheme. Despite the questionable controls, I still found Far Cry 3 to be one of the best games I've played this year. Collapse

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Hyper Magazine