8.2

1. May 6, 2013
    Loved the game shame about people who score it 0 and score bad games 10
    I've voted 10/10 just to help recover the scoring and help generate normality here.
  2. May 4, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a brilliant display of game design by a professional development team, working in the the adventure game genre and applying so many lessons in game design from other games and bringing them together very well. The game, finally is well built, big, fun to play, and also, on highest difficulty very challenging. Models, lighting, weapon play and AI are all excellent. TheFar Cry 3 is a brilliant display of game design by a professional development team, working in the the adventure game genre and applying so many lessons in game design from other games and bringing them together very well. The game, finally is well built, big, fun to play, and also, on highest difficulty very challenging. Models, lighting, weapon play and AI are all excellent. The environmental art and animal behavior is fantastic. Nothing is perfect and it is possible to complain about various design choices, such as the high number of QTEs and the console port clumsiness of the UI on PC. But that is splitting straws. Far Cry 3 boasts a large, brilliantly realised environment, which is beautiful and fun to roam. NPC dialogue and interaction in the general exploration of the island are almost non existant, however it is not a RPG, so much as a FPS, so the lack of interaction with passive NPCs is forgiveably replaced with the gameplay of a 'lone hunter'. To enjoy this the player is offered, cars, trucks, jet skis, quads, boats, hang-gliders and an arsenal of weapons to play with. It is quite a buzz driving at full speed along the narrow island roads, or using molotov and a flamethrower in chaotic battle with a dozen enemies or more, when you can literally set the mountains on fire. The game really has two parts: The open exploration game and the main story-line. The sandbox is great so long as you do not capture all enemy bases. You need enemy bases to spawn guys to fight so clearing the island is a BAD idea and destroys the core gameplay. DON'T DO IT. The other part of the game is the set-piece linear 'main story'. In truth this has pros and cons. The story is great but is totally linear. It also requires a range of different game actions to succeed. There are plenty of quick time events and it can be frustrating replaying sections after numerous fails. Despite some qualms about the play style the set story is really good. We have here stella writing and great humour. The key NPC's are brilliantly written and the voice acting is spot on. While the pirate leader Voss is great, I prefer the drug-fiend doctor and the CIA agent who gets my vote as the FUNNIEST NPC yet writen in the history of game design. Who would imagine references to 'pinkos' in a game written in 2012? Crafting and hunting in the game find a reasonable balance of fun and tedium. They are necessary for a time but are not required once you have skinned enough tigers to get the biggest carry bags. Think about that for a moment and tell me that video games are politically correct. The skill sets are fairly well designed, but not as good as they could have been. It's too bad they are unlocked only through the main quest line. The game offers, finally almost unlimited driving around, running, shooting and arson, on a beautiful set of islands. There are also dozens of different challenges and minigames to try out or master as well as a interesting background story in the form of relics and war letters from the Japanese occupation in WWII, as well as 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' style temples and artifacts. Probably the most important advice about this game was already given: DO NOT TAKE ALL THE PIRATE OUTPOSTS. If you do that the bad guys dry-up and you will become quickly bored in a peaceful paradise. A final nod also to the sound design. We often forget to praise the music mixers and the sound engineers when we praise a design, because the sound effects are so deep a part of the experience we may not even notice them. In this game listening is as important as looking while you roam about and the music rises to match the frenzy of combat brilliantly. It's not a perfect game, but its pretty damn close. What could be PERFECT according to gamers spoilt by such a wealth of great games in the past couple of years? Far Cry 3 hints that a truly perfect game is becoming a possibilty quite soon. This game with a better UI, better (longer, deeper) skill trees and REAL choices/ real interactions with NPCs would be perfect. Witnin the next couple of years one of these great games is going to cross the line and be PERFECT, the Hamlet of game design. Which team will reach Nirvana first? Expand
  3. May 2, 2013
    Spent 60 on this due to all the glowing reviews about it. Skyrim with guns? Not even close. Pros for this game is the great story line, other than that it's almost borderline boring. Good guys wear blue, bad guys wear red, what they all shop at the same store for a team discount? animals are contained in specific areas, everyone says the same stuff over and over and the other npc's areSpent 60 on this due to all the glowing reviews about it. Skyrim with guns? Not even close. Pros for this game is the great story line, other than that it's almost borderline boring. Good guys wear blue, bad guys wear red, what they all shop at the same store for a team discount? animals are contained in specific areas, everyone says the same stuff over and over and the other npc's are usually mutes and can't speak at all. This game could have been a lot more, but it should never be compared to Skyrim as it's 1/10th of the same game. Expand
  4. May 1, 2013
    Overall a genuinely good game with a few flaws.

The gameplay was the best aspect of the game to me. They truly made you feel like a scared little in the beginning. I played the game as a "stealthy" player for the most part. Creeping through the jungle listening for wild animal sounds and trying to desperately avoid confrontations in enemy territory was awesome. Enemy patrols respond
    Overall a genuinely good game with a few flaws.

I played the game as a "stealthy" player for the most part. Creeping through the jungle listening for wild animal sounds and trying to desperately avoid confrontations in enemy territory was awesome. Enemy patrols respond to loud noises and gunfire so you had to be on top of things. In addition to that a lot of the jungle creatures were fairly strong.. especially depending on what weapons you brought with you.

By the end you were jumping off cliffs, sprinting through the jungle, had all silenced weapons, and you were doing brutal takedowns like a true psychopath.

I think the crafting system was a nice touch for the first play-through but after that it just became tiring and old.

I do wish there were more skills to choose from in the different trees so that you had to "specialize" in one area over another. Another thing that became annoying was having my skill unlocks tied to the main storyline instead of the amount of experience I had.

The graphics are pretty nice although I've noticed some glitches and random freezes/CTDs that can be very annoying.

The story was fairly mediocre- they did a great job crafting some of the characters and the atmosphere of the island (Vaas, Dennis, Hoyt, Citra and the whole "mystical/voodoo" feel) but then they did a terrible job with tying the ends together.

The boss fights are all laughably horrendous as well.

Overall a good game.
  5. Apr 29, 2013
    This game, was perfect. It runs great even on my laptop! The story line on the other hand... Truly beautiful, I promise I had to wipe some tears away during the end.. Vaas just completed it. Wouldn't say no to purchase a Dlc where you would play as Vaas through the story.
    But I write down a 9 because of the tricky radio Towers.. They got me to rage a couple of times.
  6. Apr 29, 2013
    Essentially Far Cry 3 is a very good game.. but it is not amazing... It starts very strongly, the characters are colorful and interesting, at the beginning you have a lot to explore and many missions to do... But... you eventually realize how repetitive this game is... same missions, same locations same everything... In the end I spent an easy 40hrs doing side missions and finding statuesEssentially Far Cry 3 is a very good game.. but it is not amazing... It starts very strongly, the characters are colorful and interesting, at the beginning you have a lot to explore and many missions to do... But... you eventually realize how repetitive this game is... same missions, same locations same everything... In the end I spent an easy 40hrs doing side missions and finding statues but then I lost interest and stopped playing the game... there should be a total of 60-70hrs of gameplay if one tries to collect all the collectibles and do all/most of the side missions... This game simply doesn't maintain the same level of interest as skyrim does... However, Farcry3 is well worth the money, especially if you get it on a special (like I did... luv u Steam!!!) Expand
  7. Apr 29, 2013
    You raise your glass in toast to your friend, it’s the beginning of a party! First you’re jet skiing on crystal blue waters, swimming next to beautiful turtles, having a jaunt around the island with your mates, taking a death defying leap off a waterfall, hand gliding overseas and diving in to swim with sharks and, to top it off, sky diving. Pretty awesome huh? Well no, not really, turnsYou raise your glass in toast to your friend, it’s the beginning of a party! First you’re jet skiing on crystal blue waters, swimming next to beautiful turtles, having a jaunt around the island with your mates, taking a death defying leap off a waterfall, hand gliding overseas and diving in to swim with sharks and, to top it off, sky diving. Pretty awesome huh? Well no, not really, turns out this is all just a re-cap of how you got to where you are now, and where are you now? Unfortunately enough you’ve managed to be captured by Pirates, but these aren’t possibly the ones you might be thinking of, with peg legs, long black bushy beards still dripping from rum and mountains of gold, no no no. These are pirates who care a lot for “little white boys” only due to the fact you’re being held at ransom providing your parents love you enough. However you are just a rich kid, partying with your mates, there is no Liam Neeson with a particular set of skills coming to save you. No, no one is coming to save you from your captor who, I nearly forgot to add, is a 100% psycho path who enjoys toying with his hostages imagine if the joker got a tan but held onto the same sense of humour, then you’re getting close to the mind set of Vaas, the Mohicaned maniac who you are now under the possession of.
    Fast forward past your daring escape (no need to spoil the opening), you wake up confused, clearly in some sort of hut with someone beside you. In the time that you’ve spent unconscious the has decided to tattoo you or rather tatau you as it is called, this my friend is your admittedly somewhat cool way to show how much you’ve levelled up in the game, each new skill you unlock in one of your 3 skill trees adds a new part of the tatau to your arm, the 3 trees are the Heron (long range attacks and mobility) the Spider (stealth and survival) and the shark (first aid and killing), for completionists and those with the want to kill in stunning and sometimes spectacular ways will be able to get a good grasp on most of these, however if you’re just going to run and gun your way through then its best if you just focus on the shark. Anyway this man is called Dennis and appears to be your guide through these new lands, he offers you a machete and essentially pushes you on your now task of finding your friends and possibly killing Vaas if fortune holds.

read the rest of my review at http://willza99.wordpress.com thanks for reading
  8. Apr 28, 2013
    Great game. Had alot of fun playing it. The story was good. And the intro was a great way to get into the "jungle world". Best shooter i have played in a long time.

It only recieve 8 because of the crashes i had to endure, and the obvious consol port. (Please give us a PC friendly GUI for these types of games)
  9. Apr 27, 2013
    Pretty much the exact same thing as the previous Far Cry game, which everyone hated. Watch an unskippable cutscene, drive for 10 minutes to a waypoint, kill someone, drive back. Repeat ad nauseam. Why? At no point does the game give me any compelling reasons as to why I should care or even continue.
  10. Apr 26, 2013
    (Single Player Review) As a big Far Cry 2 fan, I was happy with this game. The story and characters are an improvement over FC2, as well as the stealth mechanics. The wild animals are a great addition, the game formula is basically a three-way war between Pirates, Natives (your side), and Predators. The amount of random crazy sh*t that can happen keeps the game from getting boring. The(Single Player Review) As a big Far Cry 2 fan, I was happy with this game. The story and characters are an improvement over FC2, as well as the stealth mechanics. The wild animals are a great addition, the game formula is basically a three-way war between Pirates, Natives (your side), and Predators. The amount of random crazy sh*t that can happen keeps the game from getting boring. The biggest downside is that the game is too easy, especially if your the stealthy, careful type. Fortunately there are mods, the most well-known of which is Ziggys mod, which make the mechanics, especially the HUD, more challenging, and I highly recommend it for a second playthrough. If you liked Far Cry 2, you will probably like this game. Expand
  11. Apr 26, 2013
    Good game, amazing graphics. You feel like you are there, hunting, hiding, killing...
    The script is crazy, but dont affects the game as a whole.

The problem is the campaign is so much repetitive and tiresome. I finished the game and never play again.
  12. Apr 26, 2013
    Really solid game until about half way through when the move happens to the southern island, and at that point the story loses steam. Quite a lot of memorable moments though and one of the best performances by a 'bad guy' in gaming that I can recall.
  13. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is incredible. Stands out as one of the games of the year, last year. Great graphics, great interface, easy to pick up and play. Great A.I that's smart and guns that actually do damage.
  14. Apr 22, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was really disappointment game even the story is good and it have Interesting characters but rest of the game is just meh and poorly made that made game way too easy even on master difficulty that i only played on half way then i stopped playign it.

Every time i try play FC3 more, more i start hate it because of: Really bad enemy and team mate AI Useless crafting Useless

Every time i try play FC3 more, more i start hate it because of:

Really bad enemy and team mate AI
    Useless crafting
    Useless rpg element that make game even more easier
    Useless hunting after you get all crafting itmes
    Build-in wall hack that they force you to use it
    Really bad mouse keyboard controlls especially aiming that is your worst enemy in whole game and force you to use controller
    Poor and useless fire element and it's also bugged that most of time you get hurt by invisible fire
    Way too many bugs from release day and they are still there
    Poorly optimized
    After dying you spawn random place and never to last save place

And list go on and on and on.......

So basically FC3 is just full of bugs and poorly made things that are clearly rushed.
  15. Apr 20, 2013
    The drm is annoying. IF i had bought this game in a store instead of steam, i would have returned it by now just because of the drm. The crafting element is too broken, if you have played any crafting game before, then you know how to get infinite health. The ai and stealth is broken. I was able to sneak up on someone for a knife take down in broad daylight with two other guys threeThe drm is annoying. IF i had bought this game in a store instead of steam, i would have returned it by now just because of the drm. The crafting element is too broken, if you have played any crafting game before, then you know how to get infinite health. The ai and stealth is broken. I was able to sneak up on someone for a knife take down in broad daylight with two other guys three meters from me.

Everything else is great. But the drm kills it for me. It eats bandwith, and if you have a java update, or itunes update pop up in the background, the game may crash. Not sure if its the game or the drm causing it.
  16. Apr 20, 2013
    I must say, this game really surprised me: infact is surprisingly playable and...fun and even though it may resemble like a "Skyrim with guns", it has its unique traits to make the difference. The game has 3 modes, and the first (and most important) is the story mode, which is basically the core of the game. The story is actually engaging and your character is...not bad! You kindaI must say, this game really surprised me: infact is surprisingly playable and...fun and even though it may resemble like a "Skyrim with guns", it has its unique traits to make the difference. The game has 3 modes, and the first (and most important) is the story mode, which is basically the core of the game. The story is actually engaging and your character is...not bad! You kinda sympathize with him in the end because he becomes sure of himself and becomes a real warrior of the jungle. We also have various missions here and we also need to hunt for animals, in order to increase our inventory. The island is huge and you'll take a lot of time to explore it. The graphics are good but they lack some extra detail that could have made it amazing, but it's still good, without mentioning the huge amount of secrets and things to discover (relics, lost letters from the war, underwater caves, etc). But still, it has some big flaws that really annoyed me: for starters, the idea of giving you an extremely limited inventory is bad and at the beginning of the game you won't be able to carry more than 1 weapon at the time, with also few ammo, few medicines, few grenades, few rockets, few anything! Luckily it can be increased rather quick by just hunting the animals you need but it's a huge limitation at the beginning that forces you to sell almost anything you get and to make you use weapons that aren't good for silent attacks. It looks more like an excuse to hunt animals, more than a real limitation. Since the island is huge, you'll be able to drive on the island, but the controls are horrible and really feels like it's sliding on the road. And those are jeeps. The game will make us see from "his eyes" so we basically play from his perspective in all times...yet we only see his hands: are we a ghost? That really seems a big lack, considering that the "feel" the game wants to give us is a feel of "real life" and engagement. Infact, the inventory shouldn't even be a menu on another screen and it should be on without stopping the game (sort of like Dead Space). That would have made things much more interesting and engaging. The missions are...very lacking too. You get more missions by conquering outposts (and if you do without being seen, you get tons of exp), and these missions are usually of 2 kinds: 1) kill a pirate with your knife 2) kill a rare animal...which is easily spotted on the map. There are also other sub quests, but they are even easier than the previous ones and usually takes no more than 5 minute. In other words, it could have been better Ah, and there are also challenges to do but they usually just give you money, which is so easy to obtain in the game and you'll be often spending it in order to keep your wallet free. And for last, your skills: you don't have levels but you obtain skill points each time you get enough experience: the skills are many and splitted into 3 branches, which mostly differs on game styles more than actual "speccs". It might be good except that the game forces you to play onward for unlocking your advanced skills! I had 5-6 points to spend, but no new skills to buy, and in the end I had to continue in order to unlock more: this again kills the purpose of being free, since you'll be limited on your skills until you reach a certain point of the story, without mentioning that a lot of these skills are useless and gaining skill points is a breeze (1500 exp just for taking over an outpost without being seen!). However, as a story mode itself, is great, engaging and fun, and that alone it's enough to entertain you. But we also have co-op mode, which you take control of 1 of 4 characters, which aren't exactly related with the story of game, and you'll basically do campaigns with more people. I wasn't able to play it entirely due to my bad luck but it was pretty intense! The enemies are tough and your weapons choice (which can be pre-set or the same as your multiplayer set) count. I can't say exactly much, but it's still more variation to a game that have a lot of content. For last, we have a multiplayer, which is similar to Call of Duty in style...except you actually need to aim. There are various modes and the weapons are varied, although unlocked by levels, and you get attachments from decoding (and if I'm right also from levels). The arenas are pretty detailed and very cured: I hardly saw campers and the reason is that you can't kill in few hits (unless you use a shotgun), forcing you to aim and to try to be a little more precise. We also get "killstreaks", which aren't many but they aren't unbalanced either. This mode is, in a nutshell, a more balanced version of Call of Duty, and it's a good time waster for those moments you just want to shoot. All in all, a very good game, fun to play andreally enjoyable, definitely worth a try out if you want to play a good FPS-RPG game. Nothing really original...but it's extremely fun to play! Expand
  17. Apr 19, 2013
    This game isn't to be missed, its unlike every other game you have ever played, it combines, story with action, exploration and hunting. The hunting really sets this game apart from other games and adds a new depth. What this has over Far Cry 2 besides the hunting, is a great AI system where you know if people have seen you and you have a bit of time to hide, stay still etc. The vehicles,This game isn't to be missed, its unlike every other game you have ever played, it combines, story with action, exploration and hunting. The hunting really sets this game apart from other games and adds a new depth. What this has over Far Cry 2 besides the hunting, is a great AI system where you know if people have seen you and you have a bit of time to hide, stay still etc. The vehicles, weapons and open world are fantastic, great use of height just like in Just Cause 2.

My only gripes are my favorite character which I wont spoil dies way to early and the game. The game isn't that hard, there should be a hard mode where you can't see shadows behind buildings, this would make it more real life. Additionally the lack of any helicopters or planes to fly around the expansive island can get annoying. A helicopter would have added an extra element.

Overall this is a game not to be missed, one of the top 3 open world games ever made up there with GTA IV & Just Cause 2.
  18. Apr 16, 2013
    I was a big big fan of far cry 1. Far cry 2 had many really good idea in it, but couldn't make it work for me.
    Far cry 3 is where they made it shine. Storyline is epic, gameplay is epic (a bit repetitive), audio is epic. The hunting, the fighting, the exploration, THE BASE JUMPING! So many little things that make this game amazing and a most. Took me about 30 hours to finish the game at about 90%. (I didnt really care about the last 10%, since its super repetitive and after 30 hours I had other games to play). Ubisoft really nailed it on this 3rd one. The jungle is so beautiful, and yet so dangerous. Throw yourself head first, you won't be disappointed.
  19. Apr 14, 2013
    So apparently I am some who just saw his brother get killed. Instead of turning around an raging an trying to murder the bad guy, I have no choice but to run, cause it's scripted. Apparently I can fall an break an be just fine too. Then I wake up to some wierd lookin guy that tells me I am part of some destiny bull**** to help his people.

I get some lame mission to climb a stupid

I get some lame mission to climb a stupid tower an break the lock on the panel with the blunt end of the knife. I am not allowed to just drive around, it resets until I complete this stupid quest. This repeats like 3 times then finally I am allowed to just do whatever. So I find out the that killed my brother is on some island to the south. What the am I gonna do... go kill some boars an wtfpwn everything with my awesomesauce fps skills for the 5000th time to unlock some bull**** I dont need or just roll up in there an ****in get the job done.

Of course I choose rambo option. So I head south, an wipe out any resistance along the way, I upgrade from a handgun to an AK-47 and I feel I am well prepared to beat the game. Then I notice it's an island and there is a decent amount of water between it and I. So naturally I go along the coast lookin for a boat. I see some bad guys patrolling in one. I know they are bad cause they wear red, all of them. They must be a corporation of pirates that have to wear uniforms or they get fired.

So anyways I see these dumbasses tootin around in a boat so I shoot my gun at them to attract them. Naturally they can't see a guy on the beach shooting his gun, nor hear it. So I find a boat then chase em down and then finally they see me. So I stop, headshot both guys, then go to their boat.

Oh snap their boat has a mounted 50 cal. Now I am really set to beat the game. So I head towards what I presume is the bad guys base so I can get my revenge. I don't give 2 ****s about saving all the rest of the idiots who got caught, it's not my fault they suck too much to not escape. So as I am driving I get a warning, out of bounds. I say that, maybe they will just do it GTA style an send like a navy of corporate pirates... I can handle that. Then it resets me back to the beach.

End of game. ****ing quit this piece of trash. I don't need to jump through 500 hoops, skin dogs, cats, people or whatever, pick daisies and all this other bull**** just so I can get nifty moves or hold more than 2 clips for my rifle. every bad guy has bullets. I can just kill my way to the top. Apparently I am too advanced for this game though and the story is not ready for me to just surprise him an say hey you man... remember me?

I think that would have been a great cutscene for people that don't want their hands held. Apparently even with the game on the hardest settting, there is no way to play hard mode. you far cry 3. I want my 30 minutes of gameplay back.

End of review.
  20. Apr 14, 2013
    I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I wish I had purchased it early so I could've enjoyed along with the majority of people. The journey you take as Jason is one of the most memorable single-player stories ever created; and sure, the shooting is great too. However, I wasn't satisfied with the console menus and Uplay launcher that I had to click through. If it wasn't for the sale, I would haveI thoroughly enjoyed this game. I wish I had purchased it early so I could've enjoyed along with the majority of people. The journey you take as Jason is one of the most memorable single-player stories ever created; and sure, the shooting is great too. However, I wasn't satisfied with the console menus and Uplay launcher that I had to click through. If it wasn't for the sale, I would have definitely purchased the game through steam. Also, multiplayer was a neat little surprise too. Expand
  21. Apr 12, 2013
    This is a very fun game with lots to do. The story takes a nose dive at the end, could have been a lot better. It practically feels like a different team worked on the end of the game than the first 2/3. Although, it's still very fun. Exploring the island, hunting animals, taking over the island, it's just all very fun. The game can be played run and gun or stealth. Great game.
  22. Apr 12, 2013
    Nice game, wonderful design, but need a great pc to be up 30 fps. Gameplay is ok. Multi is poor, but the most important is the solo campaign. Co-op mode is fun.
  23. Apr 10, 2013
    I bought this game on a whim; it was on a Steam sale and I grabbed it based on the reviews I had read on Metacritic. It's a slow start, initially I just wanted to run and drive around exploring the vast first island. Very soon though I dived into the story. The main bad guy Vas is a brilliant digital villain! He really is a nasty piece of work. The actor delivers a believable performance.I bought this game on a whim; it was on a Steam sale and I grabbed it based on the reviews I had read on Metacritic. It's a slow start, initially I just wanted to run and drive around exploring the vast first island. Very soon though I dived into the story. The main bad guy Vas is a brilliant digital villain! He really is a nasty piece of work. The actor delivers a believable performance. I dipped in and out of the story because the side missions are just incredibly entertaining. Capturing a base by using stealth is tense. It's rare that you can take a base by simply gunning it! Then there's the crafting, the very simple mechanism to craft bigger bags to carry more weapons and ammo is intuitive. Hunting with a bow is enormous fun!! The story has a few twists but nothing that original. But it's the digital performances that really stand out; Dennis is another believable character. Explore, hunt, capture, kill, skin and destroy! That's 35 hours that is well worth the £15 I paid. Expand
  24. Apr 8, 2013
    Excellent game. I enjoy the many choices you can take, there are so many weapons and you can customize them in any way. The skills involved in this game have meaning.
  25. Apr 7, 2013
    Far Cry 3 many things right, but those are overshadowed by its many flaws. This game can be a lot of fun. The sandbox world provides hours of exploration. There are plenty of weapons and upgrades to spice things up, so players can use different tactics to dispatch baddies. I was pleasantly surprised by the lengthy main story. Its missions are segmented, so gamers can explore, tackle sideFar Cry 3 many things right, but those are overshadowed by its many flaws. This game can be a lot of fun. The sandbox world provides hours of exploration. There are plenty of weapons and upgrades to spice things up, so players can use different tactics to dispatch baddies. I was pleasantly surprised by the lengthy main story. Its missions are segmented, so gamers can explore, tackle side quests, or wreak havoc once a mission is completed. Weapons and abilities upgrade rather quickly. This is a welcome reprieve since many sandbox games require a 40+ hour investment to max things out. My advice: Invest in health upgrades early on. Gunplay is decent. My loadout consisted of an LMG, shotgun, bow, and the Vector. The bow is easily my favorite weapon which is odd because I despise it in Crysis 3. Attaching grenades /molotovs to arrows converts the bow to a precision rocket launcher in seconds. At medium difficulty, the enemies are challenging enough and dish out some serious damage. Graphically the game impresses. Far Cry 3 uses the Dunia 2 engine, a heavily modified version of CryEngine. Fortunately for us, the game runs smoothly and is less glitchy than any Crytek game I’ve played. I find that ironic. Even with an older graphics card under the hood, I had no difficulty running the game on Ultra settings. Now for the bad. Foremost, all the NPC’s look the same. There might be 20 character models for the entire island. Every villager looks the same. Every baddie looks the same. Every old woman looks the same. And it gets worse. The NPC’s have a very, very limited number of lines. Within 30 minutes, you’ll hear everything that will be said on the island. And these same few lines will be repeated for 20+ hours or however long it takes to complete the game. Next, side quests are redundant. At any point in time, players will only be doing one of six things. In a nutshell, Far Cry 3 involves doing the same quests over and over again while killing hundreds of identical baddies who all say the exact same things. Sounds exciting, eh? Yeah, right… The narrative is a bit weak as it tries to force emotions on players that just aren’t there. Despite Far Cry’s gruesome opening, I didn’t feel the urgency to rescue a bunch of stupid rich kids who didn’t know they’re on an island filled with pirates. Despite my distaste for the protagonist and his friends, the story is good. Graphical comparisons are being made between Far Cry 3 and the original Crysis. I vote that Crysis looks better. Even on Ultra, there is still a fair amount of drawing on distant objects and texture quality is hit or miss on different surfaces. Colors are oversaturated much like the original Far Cry (that could be intentional) resulting in plastic looking foliage and props. Frankly, those things don’t really matter. But there is one glaring graphical fault in Far Cry 3: The character models. They’re just plain awful. I’m really baffled by how bad they look and move. As you can tell, I have a huge beef against the NPC’s in this game. Another gripe is the easy exploration. The game indicates locations of everything on the minimap AND players can purchase maps to reveal hidden items. So the “challenge” of exploration is gone. Simply travel to an area, look at your minimap, and get all the goodies. Wow! That was easy! Looting is problematic because prompts don’t always appear and the in game menu displays advertisements breaking the immersion. These issues aren’t game breaking, just incredibly annoying. The multiplayer is a mixed bag and a few steps above the tacked on garbage gamers got with Spec Ops: The Line. If you want to fight in shanty towns wearing t-shirts and sandals, pick up Max Payne 3. Gameplay is average—typical run and gun. The maps are larger than Black Ops 2 with plenty of places to hide, but they’re littered with shacks and debris. So expect an overabundance of close quarters combat. The online experience fares better in co-op mode. It has the potential to be really fun offering at least 10 hours of play in a single run. But players can’t choose which chapters to play, so many get stuck playing the same 2-3 chapters repeatedly. This glaring omission trashes the co-op mode which leads to my biggest complaints against the online experience: shoddy matchmaking and game breaking host migrations. To close, the sandbox experience of Far Cry 3 is truly great compared to most shooters. But too many of the campaign elements are bland and repetitive. The multiplayer has some strong elements, but execution is poor. Considering Ubisoft’s long history with online gaming, the sloppy multiplayer is inexcusable. A game is only as good as the sum of its part, and too many parts are under realized. If you don’t want to avoid a slapdash multiplayer and desire strong RPG elements, Skyrim is the best choice. But if you prefer guns to magic, Far Cry 3 is really the only alternative out right now. Expand
  26. Apr 6, 2013
    This game is awesome. It really sucks you in. The outposts, the hunt challenges, missions,... plenty to do. Many people complain about the poor story but I liked it.
    So why only 7? Well, because the game had a lot of technical issues on my pc. I'm not going to post all my specs, but let me say I run Battlefield 3 with all the bells and whistles on an average fps of 80. In far cry I had to turn of all the options (like anti aliasing,...) Still got fps drops, graphical glitches and so one. From time to time it was really game braking. The game feels like a sloppy console port. No support from Ubisoft nor Nvidia. To bad, this game could have been perfect.
  27. Apr 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tasteless, repetitive, boring, unbalanced, horrible performance, no optimization whatsoever. That's what this game is.

It desperately tries to bring an entire open world where you feel like a survivor in an epic adventure, but in the end it doesn't. No immersion. I don't feel like I'm Jason. The story is not bad, but it's not good either. Nothing new. The main antagonist is the only character with a real personality. And that's not good. It makes me want to lose so he can win.

Let's focus on each point and why it fails:
    1. Story: nothing new. Boy goes on adventure, something goes wrong, friends in trouble, must become a hero and save them, join some guys who are against the villain's tirany. It's not bad, but it's not enough.

2. Performance: laggy, choppy, with no optimization, can't play in high graphic settings with more than 30 fps. And even playing in ultra, the graphics are not good enough for what it consumes. So far, a crappy port.

3. Gameplay mechanics: nothing new, and very badly done. Open world, full of enemies, you can hunt, you can do side missions, you can collect things, you can craft. Like any other open world game of this kind. Weapons suck, I can do more damage with an AK47 than with a Magnum revolver. I mean, a magnum has a 6-bullet round and should take 1 shot to kill, but in this game, it takes all 6, even with headshots, versus 1 headshot with the AK47 which can be accomplished fairly easy if you are used to FPS games. Bows? More like freaking machineguns at the speed they shoot. No need to charge your shot, no sir, the arrow will always go fast as a bullet out of the bow, and you don't even need to reload! Incendiary arrows? Way better! Just shoot them 20 times in 10 seconds and burn the whole island to the ground!

4. Interface: crappy. They should've used Steamworks instead of UPlay for multiplayer, because it is very buggy and difficult to join a lobby. It takes a long while to load because it has to send and receive a lot of data, and it does it slowly.

5. DRM: the worst part. Not only you have to log into Steam to play, but you also have to log into UPlay to launch the game. And the worst of the worst? Manual input of serial keys, without being able to paste it. You have to input it letter by letter and remember, no scores or capitals, or else it won't work! It took me 3 times to enter it correctly because of this! to unlock your game and DLC. Why on Earth?

6. Co-op: linear, repetitive, boring. It can be fun if you play with friends or just want to shoot around people, but just that.

Overall, this game was a disappointment. I don't even want to finish it.
  28. Apr 4, 2013
    Great game all around. Loved it. Combat was well rounded. I can sneak into an enemy camp and murder them all quietly or set it on fire and go in guns ablaze. Hunting was fun and challenging. Graphics were great as well. A recommended buy.
  29. Apr 2, 2013
    I do kind of like this game, and I did enjoy playing it. However the game feels empty in a way. Everything feels like it is on easy mode. Cash and loot which can be sold for cash can easily be picked up on multiple enemies, meaning your hardly short of it. You can have access to every weapon pretty easily by going up and activating radio towers. This is probably the most time-consumingI do kind of like this game, and I did enjoy playing it. However the game feels empty in a way. Everything feels like it is on easy mode. Cash and loot which can be sold for cash can easily be picked up on multiple enemies, meaning your hardly short of it. You can have access to every weapon pretty easily by going up and activating radio towers. This is probably the most time-consuming part of the game, afterwards its merely easy as everything is unlocked and missions are a breeze.

Graphics and environment detail is great however a little behind modern times but who cares about graphics?. However many locations felt repetitive, there wasn't much difference with outposts and was merely boring once you completed a few of them. Gameplay was solid and particularly fun, everything you would want from a standard shooter. However every gun just felt similar and damage wise enemies were an easy kill and no match for me. Vehicles felt very loose when driving and I often found myself swerving off the road trying to turn a corner. Healing system was just pure easy mode, even without the medicine you could still regain most of your health meaning collecting green plants is more of less useless. Story is a bit shabby and is a bit of a cliche. The only real shame the game has is that it gets boring very quickly, I couldn't find myself playing this long hours at a time. After all the work getting everything is done, which is around 2 hours, you will find the game comes pretty repetitive quickly.
    Overall, it's a solid shooter and I would recommend trying it out regardless of its flaws and its repetitive gameplay.
  30. Apr 1, 2013
    Thinking about buying this one? Just play Far Cry 1 instead. Far Cry 1 was great. AI not so good, but the game was great. Far Cry 2 sucked. This one sucks less, but given it is 2013, this game sucks. And it really is too bad because the story has some interesting twists. The cut scenes and acting are pretty good. But the AI is a joke, the game play is repetitive and somewhat stupid. OK,Thinking about buying this one? Just play Far Cry 1 instead. Far Cry 1 was great. AI not so good, but the game was great. Far Cry 2 sucked. This one sucks less, but given it is 2013, this game sucks. And it really is too bad because the story has some interesting twists. The cut scenes and acting are pretty good. But the AI is a joke, the game play is repetitive and somewhat stupid. OK, I'm stranded on a tropical island filled with pirates and I need to rescue my friends, but I can only carry 1 magazine of bullets until I kill some animals and craft a new pouch out of their skins? Did anyone not stoned proof read the concept? Ugh, I had to quit after just 3 hours. I just don't care enough to finish this turd. Expand
  31. Apr 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm an older PC gamer (late 40's), with limited experience (Battlefield 2 & 3, sniper games, etc) and really have had no use for a story in a game (the quality of graphics in this game made me interested, and the $30 price I saw made me buy it). I have to say that the story was interesting, I wanted to follow it and fully understand it, and really enjoyed playing through it. The side quests are fun, although some are very simple, and most are short. Hunting for certain skins is a great way to level up your items, along with money for guns. Love the weapon selection and the ability to add/change accessories. The map is very large, beautiful, and the ability to just explore it all when you want to take a break from the story is a plus. The game really is well done. The only cons I came across were the invisible pirates I ran into a few times. Couldn't kill them but they sure could kill me. Heard them talking right next to me as I was getting shot, but couldn't see them.... and... all the cussing and random stupid conversations of pirates complaining about STDs, etc. And while Citra was especially sexy, I didn't need the nudity/sex. All of that was unnecessary and keeps me from letting my kids play it.

The one thing I love about it, that I really pay attention to, is how well the AI works when it comes to not being noticed by the people you are shooting at. Other sniper games I have played have AI that knows exactly where you are all the time and there is no way to sneak around. But this game, after taking a few shots from a distance, and upsetting a group of pirates... They may look in your direction, but as long as they haven't seen you, you can just move around to different areas and even approach them from behind. Very helpful when taking down outposts for max XP. And... a sign of a good quality game, in my experience.

In short...
    Pros:
    AI, story, hunting, numerous side quests, large map, numerous available achievements listed, and of course Citra's amazing body ;)

Cons:
    Constant bad language, side quests are way too short, PC version would crash on me sometimes when I just had the game paused overnight.

A 10 if there wasn't so much use of the C, P and F words.
  32. Mar 31, 2013
    This game had many many great things going for it, and friends as well as many of you here in the reviews recommended it and praised it. But sadly, as much as I tried to enjoy it, it really felt sub-par. I have a decently well made computer and even on low I had enough lag to make game play annoying, not a game to get if your computer cannot handle Skyrim even. I liked the story up until IThis game had many many great things going for it, and friends as well as many of you here in the reviews recommended it and praised it. But sadly, as much as I tried to enjoy it, it really felt sub-par. I have a decently well made computer and even on low I had enough lag to make game play annoying, not a game to get if your computer cannot handle Skyrim even. I liked the story up until I decided I was done with it, and I thought the ta-tau was an interesting addition. I wish Ubisoft would have optimized their game better, when I opened the game for the first time I got a wave of lag and terrible graphics, I think I spent around an hour google-ing ways to fix graphical issues and screen tears, and tuning the sensitivity and such to an acceptable level. Now after all of this I had bought this game to play with a friend first and do the solo campaign, well, solo. That was not going to happen, friends couldn't connect to me, even the slightest, all 3 of my friends were completely unable to connect to my match, even after a lot of forum reading and such no results were produced. Now all of this is pretty bad but on top of that I had to deal with U-play and Steam both running on the same game, for the love of all that is sacred what was that!? I took a lot of time to sign up before I could play after paying 60$. As if that wasn't bad enough I get in game and immediately get spammed by tutorials so much so that I just felt overwhelmed. I really think this game could have been better with a little more effort on the side of the publishing and optimization of Far cry 3, but alas it was too tarnished by my experience for me to be able to look past it's flaws. Expand
  33. Mar 31, 2013
    I like the game, because the world is so big and full of things to explore, but i dislike that i'm forced to do the Main Quest to unlock allmost every skill to unlock. I have explored the first island entirely and have a dozen skill points unused, because i have only rescued Daisy and Liza. And it is also a bit frustrating that the game crashes sometimes several times in a row.
  34. Mar 30, 2013
    I didn't begin playing FC3 until mid-March. But overall I think it's a good game. I think Ubisoft Montreal clearly had considerations in mind how to make improvements over Far Cry 2 with this one. For example, instead of merely scouting enemy outposts and wiping them out repeatedly after respawns, you can liberate them for good and back into the hands of the local islanders known as theI didn't begin playing FC3 until mid-March. But overall I think it's a good game. I think Ubisoft Montreal clearly had considerations in mind how to make improvements over Far Cry 2 with this one. For example, instead of merely scouting enemy outposts and wiping them out repeatedly after respawns, you can liberate them for good and back into the hands of the local islanders known as the Rakyat (similar to the real-life Maori). Also, your guns no longer jam, and most of them have upgrades that boost their damage, ammo capacity, range, fire rate, noise reduction, and optics, whereas the only upgrades available in the predecessor were for accuracy and reliability (jam resistance). Many hunting and knife-assassination missions become available as you liberate outposts, and get cash rewards for each. Also, you can unlock Signature (Unique) Weapons in shops as you collect Lost WWII Letters, Relics, and Memory Cards throughout Rook Island. The main complaints I had about the game were that stealth was mandatory in some of the story missions. I hate failing missions because I got detected. Also, some of the hunting quests require overpowered or underpowered weapons to hunt certain animals. For instance, sometimes you have to kill a pack of Rabid Dogs with an RPG or Flamethrower, but also Bears and Tigers with a pea-sprayer Skorpion. As far as the narrative goes, there are several surreal hallucinogenic moments, as well as intense confrontations with arch nemeses like Vaas. Some moments get quite emotional, and you're forced to make decisions in a split second. Anyway, I hope I didn't reveal too many spoilers here. My over verdict is that if you enjoyed Far Cry 2 but felt it lacking in some areas, you will enjoy Far Cry 3 more. Expand
  35. Mar 29, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an extremely immersive open-world shooter with good graphics, great audio, and tons of content. It also features one of the most incredible villains gaming has ever seen. The shooting is top notch, and there are tons of guns to choose from, as well as combat styles (sniping, stealth, heavy weapons, etc.). Just about the only complaint I have is that it's very disappointing toFar Cry 3 is an extremely immersive open-world shooter with good graphics, great audio, and tons of content. It also features one of the most incredible villains gaming has ever seen. The shooting is top notch, and there are tons of guns to choose from, as well as combat styles (sniping, stealth, heavy weapons, etc.). Just about the only complaint I have is that it's very disappointing to explore a large cave, and find nothing but a chest with vendor trash inside and maybe a bit of cash. Also, the perks make the game too easy, but you can always choose not to take them.

It's a miracle that games of this scope are still being made today in an age of incredibly short, rehashed games. Absolute must for fans of sandbox games and shooters.
  36. Mar 29, 2013
    Awesome experience, very fun to play, it has been long time since i played a game that offers such a great solid story.. the main mission are amazing, they feel very dynamic and hyper, every mission there reaches the peak of the game, the feeling that you usually get at the end of a game is present in nearly every story-mission in Far cry 3, which makes the game much more fun and a lotAwesome experience, very fun to play, it has been long time since i played a game that offers such a great solid story.. the main mission are amazing, they feel very dynamic and hyper, every mission there reaches the peak of the game, the feeling that you usually get at the end of a game is present in nearly every story-mission in Far cry 3, which makes the game much more fun and a lot less repetitive.. also the extrapolation and side missions are so much fun.. and the stealth Technics are surely splendid..
    The bad side the crafting system is very Tight.. i owned all the crafting recipes so fast in the game.. that all the hunting i did later was useless.. though i did still needed to expand my loot rucksack/wallet..etc even after they were fully expanded.. i also hoped they gave us a bigger chance to develop an emotional attachment with Jason's friends.. and they could have explored Vaas personality even more as well they were able to escalate the story much more through Vaas, which they didn't, but in the overall the game is hell fun, with so many great aspects.
  37. Mar 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I was waiting to get this game on eBay, I was playing Far Cry 2 every single day. I was thinking that I would finish Far Cry 2 so I would understand the Story of the third game, but I didn't need to. It was a whole different story then then the second one. It had an amazing story. The game play was amazingly fun, and the graphics were incredible. The game had that ending were you chose between two things. -kill your friends or save them-. my only problem is that you have to craft packs for ammo or more weapons. No, it's not that part, it's that it starts you with absolutely NOTHING. 30 bullets in a clip and 60 in total, including the clip. You also only get 1 weapon slot when you start. You also need the craft wallets to hold more money. Who even does that in games?! 9 out of 10. Expand
  38. Mar 29, 2013
    Brigh, smooth and jungles if you like anything bright smooth and jungles. This game is a classic shooter with intreasing plot, explosions. Relatively fast gameplay. But I dont know probably I'm just not a big fan of shooting in jungles.
  39. Mar 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pretty much mediocre in every aspect of the entire game. Hunting is useless. Money is useless, considering you get all your weapons from radio towers. Syringes are useless, apart from healing of course. There is no choosing between sides as in Far Cry 2, you are pretty much stuck with fighting the reds and yellows. Vaas is the only interesting character in the entire game, main character is a goddamn annoying assclown. Graphics are worse than in Far Cry 2, even though there is 5 years of difference between them. Missions are boring and unoriginal. Main story is predictable and bland. Difficulty in this game is set all wrong, you can just stealth pass everything and there isn't a slight difference in stealth when it comes to easy-hardest. Perks are stupid. Multiplayer lacks good maps, but other than that is pretty nice and has it's moments. But the worst part might be when you finally get to fight Vaas. I was expecting a huge boss fight and you know what the game presents me with? A goddamn quicktime event... After that you are left completely unsure whether that was the actual fight, and if he died or not. Quicktime events also pop up regularly elsewhere where they are NOT, NEEDED. Quicktime events are just poor design which ONLY works on consoles and should be illegal in any PC game. Controls are also an issue. The main inventory system is just flawed, it's annoying and badly ported. The new weapon selecting system is clearly designed for a controller, as it spins wildly out of control if you try to use it. There are some redeeming points of this abysmal console port, but they are few, and if you wish to play a good free-roaming shooter with more serious story and atmosphere... Play Far Cry 2. It's cheaper, better and not held back by consoles. Thank you for reading. Expand
  40. Mar 27, 2013
    Leaps and bounds improved over far cry 2. This takes it back to its core of an amazing looking game that is very fun to play. I just built a new PC and what better way to test it out then with a new far cry. I was not disappointed the detail is second to none.
  41. Mar 27, 2013
    Good trailer,good game but its still one more a weapon just weapon because the weapon store is too small dan far Cry 2 (no offence but its true)good story,good explore like skyrim but its not realy Realistic than Far Cry 2 you heal in far cry 3 is 3 bars its not deal in far cry 2 its just stabilize and with syrettes if character is Good on Far Cry 3 because that Jason Brody has guts toGood trailer,good game but its still one more a weapon just weapon because the weapon store is too small dan far Cry 2 (no offence but its true)good story,good explore like skyrim but its not realy Realistic than Far Cry 2 you heal in far cry 3 is 3 bars its not deal in far cry 2 its just stabilize and with syrettes if character is Good on Far Cry 3 because that Jason Brody has guts to Kill "Did i ever tell you the definition of insanity"(from Indonesia) Expand
  42. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is incredibly immersive. The possibilities, gameplay wise, are endless. The story is driven and well-written. The voice acting is of a high quality. Exploring the islands is enjoyable and rewarding. Gun-play is solid and responsive. The overall experience is fantastic. When you spend money on a game you want to get value for money. Far Cry 3 certainly delivers.
  43. Mar 26, 2013
    This is a fun game. That is the first thing you should know. Running around the island unlocking weapons and completing quests is worth the price of admission on its own. There are however some minor annoyances in the game. Which is why I didn't give it a 9. Firstly, like some others said the AI can be pretty bad, it by no means breaks the games, but sometimes it gets a little frustrating.This is a fun game. That is the first thing you should know. Running around the island unlocking weapons and completing quests is worth the price of admission on its own. There are however some minor annoyances in the game. Which is why I didn't give it a 9. Firstly, like some others said the AI can be pretty bad, it by no means breaks the games, but sometimes it gets a little frustrating. The spotting mechanism is weird. Also, the menus, I found the mouse controls really weird it just degraded the experience a bit. Especially in the map, where you will spend a lot of time. The weapons are a little OP, but that almost makes the game a little bit more fun. You can unlock weapon attachments which can make the weapons really good. If you actually do everything in the game it would take you 30+ hours, just the story is around 8/9 hours. If this is the only game you can buy right now I wouldn't get it (Skyrim, BF3) would be better choices, but if you want a fun experience and have the money it is worth it. Expand
  44. Mar 25, 2013
    I don't even know where to start, good story, fast paced or slow depending on what you choose, very open, hands down the best game I think I have ever played!
  45. Mar 25, 2013
    "Far Cry 2" was a boring, dull game. Ubisoft realized it and made the work on bugs. As a result, the developers have created great and awesome the third part of Far Cry series. In this game almost everything is perfect: graphics, which is beautiful even on low settings, nice soundtrack, big, enthralling open world and, of course, exciting campaign with awesome plot and interesting"Far Cry 2" was a boring, dull game. Ubisoft realized it and made the work on bugs. As a result, the developers have created great and awesome the third part of Far Cry series. In this game almost everything is perfect: graphics, which is beautiful even on low settings, nice soundtrack, big, enthralling open world and, of course, exciting campaign with awesome plot and interesting characters. And speaking about characters, I want to highlight Vaas Montenegro. In my opinion, this crazy and charismatic man is one of the best antagonists gaming history. In general, "Far Cry 3" is one of the best games of 2012 and one of the best games that Ubisoft have ever made. Bravo. Expand
  46. Mar 24, 2013
    Ubisoft’s highly anticipated ‘jungle simulator’ Far Cry, on the Sony Playstation, the Xbox 360 and of course the Pc, maybe the greatest open world first person shooter ever. If you haven’t heard of Far Cry 3 by now you’ve most likely been not only living under a rock, but been buried 25.000 feet under a mountain on a planet in another galaxy. Well, if you happen to not know, I can tell youUbisoft’s highly anticipated ‘jungle simulator’ Far Cry, on the Sony Playstation, the Xbox 360 and of course the Pc, maybe the greatest open world first person shooter ever. If you haven’t heard of Far Cry 3 by now you’ve most likely been not only living under a rock, but been buried 25.000 feet under a mountain on a planet in another galaxy. Well, if you happen to not know, I can tell you that this game, is most likely the most beautiful, exciting, fun, brutal, action packed open world first person rpg shooter I have ever played. So far the game, for some people, is the best game of its kind, with its amazing open world, back chilling stealth elements, hard boiled action, great hunting, scary random encounters and crafting and to top it off, some of the most impressive graphics I’ve seen in a long time, but for others the game is simply a stupid ‘Rambo simulator’ with too many guns and explosions and too little survival. I can’t tell you which one is the most correct, but I can tell you that the game is one of my all time favorite games. And to top it off the game has an amazing storyline that will keep you awake for hours at night just wondering what will happen next.

To wrap it up, without any spoilers, you play as Jason Brody, who on a vacation with 5 of his friends, gets lost on a tropical island while skydiving. He and his brother is taken as prisoners by the local pirates, who run the island. They now have to escape. A long intro/tutorial sequence follow, and Jason is saved by Dennis, who is part of the Raykat, a group who rebels against the pirates. Dennis teaches you how to hunt, craft and survive in the jungle. He now has to save his friends, who are scattered around the island, while also helping the Raykat take back the island. Throughout the story, Jason matures into a fearless, unstoppable warrior, as he decides to stay on the island.

As soon as I opened the game, I was in awe of the amazingly detailed environment and vivid colors, realistic ai and quite blown away by how big the island is, but also terrified of the scary creatures who roam the jungles and the dangerous pirates who would kill you in no time if I were to make one small mistake. I had to walk in the shadows, hide in foliage and avoid any contact with enemies. The sound of a vehicle would leave me hiding behind a tree or some rocks, terrified of the smallest sound, still looking out for komodo dragons, who would rip me to pieces in seconds. I simply did not have a chance.

Then as I proceeded further into the game, and unlocked more features and grew more familiar with the game controls, I would start hunting for radio towers, which is what you need to uncover more of the map, and unlock free weapons(Who doesn’t want free weapons?), and then hunt for smaller strongholds, that I could take on without being slaughtered. I could hunt and craft, without being killed by rapid dogs or tigers. This is where I feel the game was at its best.

Then, suddenly, the game took off. I had crafted almost every craftable item in the game, and I had pretty much every radio tower in the game, which means pretty much every gun in the game. I could without any trouble take on the biggest of strongholds, and not even sweat a little. The game had become too easy, and I wasn’t even close to done with the story. I would rarely get any random encounters, because I had taken over pretty much every stronghold.

The only thing with the game that disappointed me, was how if you don’t watch out, before you notice, you’ve completely overtaken every stronghold and completely ruined the fun of the game.

The controls of the games are amazing. They’re tight and precise and the guns are responsive. In some ways the guns are Call of Duty-like with their fast, arcade-like controls and not too high recoil, but in others they are very Battlefield-like, in that they feel very heavy. All in all the guns are amazing, and you don’t ever get tired of mowing down pirates. The cover system is the best I’ve seen in so long. The way you can hide behind a wall and simply use the right button to aim, and it will, depending on the kind of cover you’re behind, either aim above or to the side.

Vehicles are easy to drive and very arcade-like, which is perfect. The cars feel heavy, as they should, and don’t just feel like you’re hovering 2 inches above the road.

This game definitely has a chance of being the game of the year. It’s an amazing game, and I recommend it to everybody, whether you like first person shooters or any other other genre of games, this is definitely worth a try. It’s definitely a unique game, with a very refined story, great features and very very, I repeat, very good graphics. The only cons is that the game might get too easy. I definitely recommend playing on the hardest difficulty. I give this game 9/10.
  47. Mar 24, 2013
    Highly overrated game. Major parts can only be called shallow, extremely repetive, boring and unchallenging. Gameplay is mostly following the same pattern all over again. Quest sends you to new region. You mark a radio tower on your map as target and simply go there to reveal the map of that surrounding region in detail. Those towers use to be unprotected so its really boring stuff to do.Highly overrated game. Major parts can only be called shallow, extremely repetive, boring and unchallenging. Gameplay is mostly following the same pattern all over again. Quest sends you to new region. You mark a radio tower on your map as target and simply go there to reveal the map of that surrounding region in detail. Those towers use to be unprotected so its really boring stuff to do. After that is done you usually mark a position of enemy camp as target, go there, few shots with your rifle to take out some pirates. Done. Also thanks to the incedibly broken ai again no challenge even on highest difficulty. What you are left with is a fully revealed, boring region with no enemies left, nothin much to do and like 100 crates scattered around the region waiting for you to get picked up to fill your pockets. Yes and that it is pretty much it. Graphics are decent, game is pretty much free of bugs and working fine, Vaas is fun. So i can not really call it horrible. Got it for 30 Euro in Steam sale, thats O.K.. Expected it to be overated and not worth a 87% metascore before buying it, so i did not get too disappointed. Expand
  48. Mar 23, 2013
    This game is really great and deserves its high ratings. Excellent story, good graphics and a solid survival part. Well at least in the first third of the game then you turn into a one man army which is biggest downside of the game and takes away a lot of the thrill you have in the beginning but besides it is a must have.
  49. Mar 21, 2013
    I picked this game up from the store played it and as soon as i was in, i couldn't stop! The story is amazing, the gameplay is fantastic, the stealth system is the best, and the music is very well done too as i find myself listening to its soundtracks alot. And even after playing and finishing the game twice i still play it. No matter what you cannot miss out on this game!!
  50. Mar 20, 2013
    It is like skyrim... the world is big, fun and engaging. I love the focus on takedowns and hunting of beasts to upgrade your equipment. But it was a bit too easy for my taste but the game is just too good in my opinion that I say, the heck it is easy but It is fun regardless.
  51. JEK
    Mar 20, 2013
    one of the best fps I've played. The game was smooth and an open world with lots of animals. Sub missions are repeatable and also the enemies has the same face. But overall this is a good game. Nice graphics and Nice View of the environment. Hopefully they release far cry 4 as soon as possible,
  52. Mar 19, 2013
    Excellent, atmospheric and unique take on the FPS Sandbox GTA hybrid. Loved the attention to detail, roaming the jungle and exploring the islands. A well done, immersive game that is just gorgeous and great fun to play!
  53. Mar 18, 2013
    10/10, hands down one of the best sandbox games I have ever played. It really reminds me of Crysis 1 before it became all CODish with a preset path. Here, I can attack my opponent from many angles, and the fact that if you take over an outpost without being detected just adds to that awesome feeling of you being a "hunter" "hunting" the pirates. As to the complaints over how crafting10/10, hands down one of the best sandbox games I have ever played. It really reminds me of Crysis 1 before it became all CODish with a preset path. Here, I can attack my opponent from many angles, and the fact that if you take over an outpost without being detected just adds to that awesome feeling of you being a "hunter" "hunting" the pirates. As to the complaints over how crafting works, i personally think it is fine. Sharks are easy to kill if you just use a boats machine gun, tigers are some what of a pain but not immposible. Lastly, this game offers a good bit of challenge. The quests where you must kill a pirate leader only via a knife are awesome, especially when some friendly npc's decide to attack the camp just opening up a great opportunity. Words can not describe this game, thus all I can say is: Buy it now, you will not regret it. Expand
  54. Mar 18, 2013
    ---------------------------------------------------------Simply amazing!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  55. Mar 18, 2013
    The visuals look great and the island is amazing, but every NPC sounds like he's speaking in a cup, you quickly run out of fun stuff to do, and the main problem: Vaas. Warning, there are spoilers in here! After promoting the game for almost two years with Vaas literally making him the trademark of the game they just get rid of him in the first few hours. I lost my interest in theThe visuals look great and the island is amazing, but every NPC sounds like he's speaking in a cup, you quickly run out of fun stuff to do, and the main problem: Vaas. Warning, there are spoilers in here! After promoting the game for almost two years with Vaas literally making him the trademark of the game they just get rid of him in the first few hours. I lost my interest in the campaign right after Vaas' terribly executed death, and that's when the free roam problems occured. Weapons glitch, AI is stupid and sounds very off and the worst thing: you have a wallet that can reach a limit. I remember, after completing an Assassin's Creed game, I just kept collecting money, for the hell of it, but in Far Cry there is in fact a limit, wich drags the free roam fun down in an unseen way. I had high hopes, and those hopes only got statisfaction in the first few hours of story. Expand
  56. Mar 17, 2013
    This is what I wanted Skyrim to be. A beautiful world to run around in, but with an actually good storyline and a sense of reason for being there. Wandering around hunting or helping others had a point too. Far Cry has previously typically been a tech demo in my mind, so I thought it was overhyped, even after playing through the demo at E3'12. Boy, was I wrong. I'm glad I played throughThis is what I wanted Skyrim to be. A beautiful world to run around in, but with an actually good storyline and a sense of reason for being there. Wandering around hunting or helping others had a point too. Far Cry has previously typically been a tech demo in my mind, so I thought it was overhyped, even after playing through the demo at E3'12. Boy, was I wrong. I'm glad I played through the free copy that came with my video card purchase, it's one of my favourite games of the year. Expand
  57. Mar 16, 2013
    This game easily receives a 10. The story was engaging, the game play was a joy, and the graphics are amazing. I never touched the Co-op or the multi-player because I never cared to. Far Cry has never been about either. The story lasted a little over 30 hours for me and there are still more places I would like to go explore.
  58. Mar 14, 2013
    First of all, this is NOT the Skyrim of shooters or action games. This is a dolled up FPS that masks itself as an open-world sandbox game, but the only thing you can play with in that sandbox is a toy truck and a cat turd. The PC version is sleek and pretty, as well as mechanically smooth and visually-rewarding, but ultimately fails to be a top game. The story is inspired, but the whinyFirst of all, this is NOT the Skyrim of shooters or action games. This is a dolled up FPS that masks itself as an open-world sandbox game, but the only thing you can play with in that sandbox is a toy truck and a cat turd. The PC version is sleek and pretty, as well as mechanically smooth and visually-rewarding, but ultimately fails to be a top game. The story is inspired, but the whiny of a protagonist can't stop "OMG"ing at every turn. Sometimes you wish he was the norm a silent puppet hero that so many games seem to be afraid to stray from. Quests seem bizarre and unnecessary. Am I seriously hunting sharks with a RPG right now? Yes...yes I am...so I can craft a RUCKSACK. The AI is relatively unintelligible. This game was meant for YouTubers to make "LOL moments" videos with, but not much more beyond that. Expand
  59. Mar 14, 2013
    This game is by far one of the best games I have ever played. Never before have I've gotten so much adrenaline playing a game, the story is an amazing thriller and interesting (it does get a bit weird though).
    Do by all means buy this game!
  60. Mar 11, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a graphically amazing single player experience, with a story that's almost like the movies. Voice acting and motion capture like I've never ever seen it before. Wow! Gunplay, stealth and leveling were all to my liking as well, as was the map. I've played through it three times already, and I think I'll revisit it in the future. On the other hand, the inventory and craftingFar Cry 3 is a graphically amazing single player experience, with a story that's almost like the movies. Voice acting and motion capture like I've never ever seen it before. Wow! Gunplay, stealth and leveling were all to my liking as well, as was the map. I've played through it three times already, and I think I'll revisit it in the future. On the other hand, the inventory and crafting interface feels weird and clunky, and multiplayer is a disaster like I've never seen before. Non stop server migrations during games! Also, Uplay... Ubisoft's gaming "platform" that introduces a host of problems on it's own. If it weren't for the multiplayer and for UPlay, I'd give this a 10! Still, I recommend it because of some of the most unique experiences i've ever had in a pc game. Expand
  61. Mar 8, 2013
    A long game, so u get much for ur cash. Its a tad to easy, so up the game mode to get more challenge out it it. Lots of weapons and upgrades, so ur able to play how u like.
  62. Mar 8, 2013
    I've played a lot of games in the past year, but Far Cry 3 was so far the most fun I've had playing a video game in a long time. Metacritic user reviews are loaded with lots of 10's for games that I don't think deserve a 10, but I decided to give this game a review, because I truly think it deserves recognition. It combines my two favorite generes, FPS and RPG/adventure, perfectly, withoutI've played a lot of games in the past year, but Far Cry 3 was so far the most fun I've had playing a video game in a long time. Metacritic user reviews are loaded with lots of 10's for games that I don't think deserve a 10, but I decided to give this game a review, because I truly think it deserves recognition. It combines my two favorite generes, FPS and RPG/adventure, perfectly, without going too far in either direction. A lot of the side quests are pretty boring, but I really enjoyed taking all of the outposts, coming up with new and interesting ways to do each one. Sure, I could just snipe everyone from afar, but what's the fun in that? Sometimes I'd try to do it with only knife kills, sometimes I'd go guns blazing, throwing C4 and grendades every which way. Now that I'm done with the game, I'm missing it, but I don't think this game has much replay value unless you wait a year or more between playthroughs. Nonetheless, it's been a LONG time since I've had that much fun playing a game for so long, so I think it deserves a 10. Expand
  63. Mar 8, 2013
    First of all, this game SHOULD have been a 10/10, but is still an amazing game. Although not horrible, it is still an obvious port with an uncomfortable menu that switches control schemes between each option. Also, the boss battles or confrontations with high profile characters seemed extremely unfinished and rushed. Despite that the game is still phenomenal and a must buy for any gamer.First of all, this game SHOULD have been a 10/10, but is still an amazing game. Although not horrible, it is still an obvious port with an uncomfortable menu that switches control schemes between each option. Also, the boss battles or confrontations with high profile characters seemed extremely unfinished and rushed. Despite that the game is still phenomenal and a must buy for any gamer.
    However, the "Skyrim with Guns" claim is horribly inaccurate. Maybe Skyrim without 99% of the NPC interaction. Far Cry is not an RPG. It is an exploratory/adventure game at the most.
  64. Mar 7, 2013
    I loved Far cry 2 and this game improves everything about Far cry 3. New patch out and i would recommand the mod where all your skills are unlocked so you can have more time with some of the cool takedowns and keeps the guns LOCKED until you pay for them. The game will feel more like a survival game. That's my only problem it needs more on the survival part, but as of right now. The bestI loved Far cry 2 and this game improves everything about Far cry 3. New patch out and i would recommand the mod where all your skills are unlocked so you can have more time with some of the cool takedowns and keeps the guns LOCKED until you pay for them. The game will feel more like a survival game. That's my only problem it needs more on the survival part, but as of right now. The best Open world FPS out there. Second island is locked till you do the story so it's not that open world! Expand
  65. Mar 7, 2013
    If you do not like this game, you just are not a game fan, or (very likely from the PC elitists crowd) your just automatically hate AAA releases. You're one of those "indie" guys. First off anyone that says the graphics stink are just insane, they are incredible besides a couple of questionable terrain textures in spots. You will need a GTX 680+ to max out this game at 1080p with 8x MSAA.If you do not like this game, you just are not a game fan, or (very likely from the PC elitists crowd) your just automatically hate AAA releases. You're one of those "indie" guys. First off anyone that says the graphics stink are just insane, they are incredible besides a couple of questionable terrain textures in spots. You will need a GTX 680+ to max out this game at 1080p with 8x MSAA. The combat is really where this game shines, it is more varied and exciting than any single player FPS in recent memory. Maybe even since (blasphemy) Half-Life 2! Take em all out silently with the chained takedown, or roast them with the flamethrower, or set up a mine and throw a rock so they walk over it. Snipe from afar, impale them with arrows, use a predator (tiger) to help you out! The story is as cheesy as it gets I'll admit, but not the worst as games go. The main bad guy is at least interesting. It's an open world shooter, reminding me more of fallout, but unlike fallout the gunplay is very smooth without the assistance of something like VATS. The story and side quests suck compared to fallout, but the action and exploring the island/taking outposts is so fun I don't think you'll be doing anything, but playing this game a couple of hours into it. Unless your a PC snobbington, which appear to be more and more prevalent these days. Expand
  66. Mar 7, 2013
    This is exactly what Far Cry 2 should have been. (Except for the crappy MAP UI and the lack of the sleeping feature)
    Beautiful graphics, amazing sounds and gun sounds, bad NPC voice acting and a gorgeous island to explore, hunt or just to enjoy the scenery.
    The storyline is quite MEH, but i'll take it anyway it since FC never really had a good story to be honest. The MP and the CO-OP is
    The MP and the CO-OP is quite good, a bit glitchy though.

The map editor guarantee hours of fun. :D
  67. Mar 6, 2013
    What happens when you combine the games Uncharted, Call of Duty and Fallout? You get Far Cry III. This game is loads of fun. Good shooter mechanics in an open world game with platforming dungeons and puzzles.
  68. Mar 6, 2013
    Farcry 3 is an amazing game, unlike Farcry 2, this goes back to more Farcry 1 setting, an archipelago called the Rook Islands. The story and characters are very interesting. Including my favorite, Vaas. Hes a badass mother that you don't want to mess with. The graphics are great, varying on what console you buy it on, i got it on pc, so i had a great graphic experience. The game play isFarcry 3 is an amazing game, unlike Farcry 2, this goes back to more Farcry 1 setting, an archipelago called the Rook Islands. The story and characters are very interesting. Including my favorite, Vaas. Hes a badass mother that you don't want to mess with. The graphics are great, varying on what console you buy it on, i got it on pc, so i had a great graphic experience. The game play is unique and does open world stealth well. One complaint is the lousy over accurate AI. They can shoot you from a mile away! The vehicles are fun but im sad they ditched multiplayer vehicles. Speaking of multiplayer, it sucks. You get a mediocre coop campaign and a copy and paste multiplayer system with killstreaks, loadouts, and gun customization. But the campaign is more than enough to make up for these flaws and for that, Farcry 3 gets a 9/10 Expand
  69. Mar 6, 2013
    Great, engaging and beautiful. Characters are actually developing over time and, although the story is compelling, you'll spend a lot of time just cruising around in a speedboat or hunting dangerous wildlife.

Overall, a great sandbox.

The only derp is the necessity of Uplay even if the game is bought through Steam, which is absurd. But not even that can ruin an otherwise great game.
  70. Mar 5, 2013
    In summary: fun to begin with, but a weak story, repetitive gameplay, weak AI, lack of challenge, very average multiplayer (too COD) and lack of replayability mean that for me this game is far from a classic.

While this game improves on many of its predecessor’s flaws (eg, no more constantly respawning outposts), in my opinion it doesn’t live up to the hype and almost universal praise it has been receiving. For all its pretensions the storyline is pretty weak/clichéd and the characters very one dimensional, though very well acted. And it effectively hits a cul-de-sac when you reach the 2nd island. Jason is supposed to be a green, ordinary guy (as we are constantly reminded), but within half-an-hour he is proficient in a range of firearms, explosives, using a bow, stealth killing, making drugs, etc. It doesn’t work as a story. I thought the relationship between Jason and Vaas was interesting, but it wasn’t developed enough. And how many times can Vaas kill you without watching, only for you to escape? And the final confrontation with Vaas was a big anti-climax. I also found the “choose an ending” contrived and uninteresting.

Yes it’s a truly open world shooter and the environments are well realised, yet there is little variation across the terrain. And while the graphics are mostly very good, the ambient occlusion looks horrible, some of the textures a little muddy and there is far too much use of blurring effects (especially the DOF). And I found a bit of variety in the quality of the sound effects.

The gameplay is fun to begin with but quickly gets repetitive, and by the 2nd island I was bored. The many outposts are far too similar, the pirates/privateers not particularly intelligent and too unvaried, the story missions are uninspired and the game is too easy.

I gave the multiplayer a few hours, but it’s fairly average and borrows heavily from COD without improving upon it.
  71. Mar 4, 2013
    I have seen many games like this and to be honest I don't particularly like them. However, this game turned me completely around!!

The graphics are amazing with the good texture and color unleashing the amazement of this game. Also the graphics run extremely well- no lag or long load times. The only small problem with the graphics is that sometimes they can be a bit too much and give you a headache. This game has a fun plot of taking radio towers enemy bases and many other missions, which is what you would expect from a game. However, this game has a map editor where you can make an island and play on it for even more fun!! Overall, this game is defiantly worth the price and recommend this game to everyone out there.
  72. Mar 3, 2013
    Awesome game, Love the story, graphics, Atmosphere, Open World which has quests like mmorpg, skill tree system, customizing weapons, general smoothness of gameplay its ecellent, ty very much Ubisoft Montreal. PS: Musics too i listen to it every now and than and it never bores.
  73. Mar 3, 2013
    Farcry 3 enables that thing that excites me most about gaming, that moment when you forget it's a game and feel integrated into the flow of the story. An absolutely massive island archipelago that is lush and filled with villains and intense situations and could be ripped out of any Hollywood action film but here you get to play the title role. The game places you on a path and thenFarcry 3 enables that thing that excites me most about gaming, that moment when you forget it's a game and feel integrated into the flow of the story. An absolutely massive island archipelago that is lush and filled with villains and intense situations and could be ripped out of any Hollywood action film but here you get to play the title role. The game places you on a path and then gives you the freedom to do things your own way. Of course the plot ultimately must be followed but not precisely, and if you want to go out hunting bears with a flamethrower, there's plenty of time for recreation, along with learning new skills, exploration, takeovers, expanding your power, meeting new people, getting new weapons.
    Farcry 2 was an excellent game with an interesting message but there is no comparison here. This is an entirely new game and the graphics are so good and often so beautiful that while I'm caught up in the game, I can turn and see the sun setting over a waterfall in the distance and I have to stop and stare. It's almost like you can feel the evening breeze. Amazing.
  74. Mar 3, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. Tons of things to do, amazing graphics and the bad guy is super nuts. Driving, some crafting (nothing too crazy) and lots of cool weapons.
  75. Mar 2, 2013
    Fantastic story line, although once i completed the main quest line i wasn't compelled to continue single player. The side missions are ridiculously repetitive and boring. Multiplayer is alright, but nothing too special. The fact that you cant choose the coop chapter to play is extremely annoying. Lets not forget that this game is plagued by Ubisoft's pathetic platform, Uplay. DefinitelyFantastic story line, although once i completed the main quest line i wasn't compelled to continue single player. The side missions are ridiculously repetitive and boring. Multiplayer is alright, but nothing too special. The fact that you cant choose the coop chapter to play is extremely annoying. Lets not forget that this game is plagued by Ubisoft's pathetic platform, Uplay. Definitely worth playing, these complaints are mostly minor. The single player story was the selling point for me. Expand
  76. Mar 2, 2013
    I went into this game expecting some mindless entertainment, and was completely caught off guard. The Rook islands are gorgeous and full of places to explore, contain a wealth of semi-enjoyable side missions to complete, and serve as a contrast for the ugly brutality that goes on within them. The characters, save for Jason Brody, aren't terribly interesting and are very one-note, andI went into this game expecting some mindless entertainment, and was completely caught off guard. The Rook islands are gorgeous and full of places to explore, contain a wealth of semi-enjoyable side missions to complete, and serve as a contrast for the ugly brutality that goes on within them. The characters, save for Jason Brody, aren't terribly interesting and are very one-note, and dialogue is at times cringe-worthy. Combat is exceptionally fun, and is very easy for the player to tailor to fit their style of play. But, in my opinion, Jason Brody's story is where Ubisoft Montreal knocked it out of the park. Throughout the game you'll be shown quotes from Alice's Adventure in Wonderland, which is a fitting parallel for the story of Far Cry 3. Jason Brody is transformed by the islands, and savage characters he's forced to deal with. The ending did a very good job of showing this off, and left me wondering how I was ever put in such a mad situation. Easily one my favorite games of last year, only hindered by some minor quibbles. If you're on the fence about this game, I'd say give it a shot it might impress you like it did me. Expand
  77. Mar 1, 2013
    I'd probably give Far Cry a 8.5 if I could but I'll generously round up to 9. The first couple hours are a lot of fun as you explore the island and it's secrets. Gameplay is decent (played with Xbox controller). Upgrading weapons and skills is a lot of fun. The environment is very nice and adventurous. The main problem of the game is it's, at times, ridiculous story line. Especially theI'd probably give Far Cry a 8.5 if I could but I'll generously round up to 9. The first couple hours are a lot of fun as you explore the island and it's secrets. Gameplay is decent (played with Xbox controller). Upgrading weapons and skills is a lot of fun. The environment is very nice and adventurous. The main problem of the game is it's, at times, ridiculous story line. Especially the boss fights are a bit disappointing. Overall,it's a great game with a bad story. If you love just exploring, sniping, and doing some crazy fun stuff with a bow or other fun weapons go right ahead., and don't pay too much attention to the story, instead tell your own. Expand
  78. Feb 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Please don't pay heed to those who criticize reviews scoring below 7. There is nothing wrong with their reviews. I've played the game through 3 times and can attest to some serious flaws on the PC version of this game.

That said, FC3 is a great game. But the flaws may make it unplayable to some, especially those who are experienced RPG/FPS gamers.

Most annoying is probably the clunky inventory system. You cannot batch sell items, whether they are junk items or not. Doesn't matter if you have five to sell or fifty. Each item requires a double-click, and craft items require a double-click AND an additional click for confirmation on a box pop-up you must move the cursor over to click on. I know that sounds trivial, but imagine going online to buy 36 AAA batteries and each battery you had to click and drag to your shopping cart and then a pop-up box came up after each battery you dragged asking you to confirm you really wanted to purchase that individual battery... 36 times. Imagine doing that whole scenario over and over and over again until the tip of your index finger bled. That's selling off gear in FC3. It yanks you right out of the game. Plus, the slight delay while a jarring sound FX plays after each item is sold makes it even more time consuming and cumbersome. Moreover, when clicking on these items, sometimes the inventory screen will auto-advance to the area where you were selling off inventory and sometimes it won't. As the only mouse scroll function in the inventory system is the relics screen (utterly useless beyond clearing the yellow exclamation icons as relics have no item description), you have to use the arrow keys to scroll down, sometimes for each item you're selling. It kinda' notches the fun meter down a bit in FC3.

Another issue with looting is the extended animation used when looting bodies. It's fun eye candy the first 2-3 times, then becomes tedious and time consuming for the next 1,000+. It also creates the possibility of exposure to your enemies, even if you're looting from cover, as the animation moves you from your original position. Choose to wait until all enemies are dispatched and you risk the chance of the bodies disappearing, leaving only their rifles behind. And if you're using a weapon other than what's equipped on the lootee (You almost certainly are, they only carry two variants, pirates-AK47, privateers-P416). You have to twist and turn until "loot body" displays rather than "swap weapon", as both actions require a long E press. Frustrating, time consuming, unnecessary.

Possibly the biggest issue for many PC gamers are the looong, unskippable cut-scenes. Some requiring rudimentary user input. Not enough to keep you immersed, but enough so that you can't make a mad dash for the head or go for a smoke and skip the whole thing. Not allowing the player to escape the monotony isn't going to win you any friends amongst seasoned gamers, Ubisoft. And I fully agree with previous reviews, if I want to skip the tutorial, I should be allowed to. I won't toss the game in the scrap heap just because of it, but I completely empathize with those that do. There is no reason beyond arrogance and hubris that a game designer wouldn't include that crucial option. They can dress it up how they like, but I'm not buying it's so that we will all be forced to learn the controls and the plot premise. If so, why isn't it skippable on future playthroughs? Yup, that gets old FAST. Other minor annoyances like the constant nagging to do bulletin board quests and the limited NPC dialogue don't bother me as much as some, but it does degrade the experience on repeat playthroughs. This may be intentional, of course. No developer wants to make a game to end all games, someone's gotta' pay for the next one, right? The original Far Cry is still #1 in my book, FC2 is third based on its excruciatingly painful and monotonous repetition. FC3 sits squarely between the two as second best. The (mostly) open world experience, great weapons, fantastic voice acting (apart from Jason and his pals) and especially the wildlife and island beauty that really draw you into the game are all reasons to play. Just be wary ahead of time that a good deal of frustration comes along with it.
  79. Feb 28, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game that proves consistently enjoyable despite its flaws. First off, the PC version is an incredibly well optimized game. I played through the entire campaign on a midrange laptop with most settings at High, three at medium in Directx 11. I had to disable Ambient Occlusion in the config file but god the game still looks gorgeous and runs butter smooth for me.Far Cry 3 is an amazing game that proves consistently enjoyable despite its flaws. First off, the PC version is an incredibly well optimized game. I played through the entire campaign on a midrange laptop with most settings at High, three at medium in Directx 11. I had to disable Ambient Occlusion in the config file but god the game still looks gorgeous and runs butter smooth for me. There is also a TON of game here, probably 40 hours if you are into doing the side stuff which helps level up your character. Things lose steam a bit when you hit the second island, but nothing as severe as in Far Cry 2, which I loved at first and then got so bored I never finished.

The major issues as have been well discussed are with the narrative. You will hate your character at the start of the game, and there are lots of missed opportunities to get the player emotionally involved in the plot. It really sticks out because some of the voice acting is phenomenal, the main characters are motion captured and brilliantly animated. And some of them are really memorable even if they are underserved in the greater narrative.

BUT, the game mechanics themselves work beautifully. If you are a fan of shooters and/or open world games this is a must play. Come expecting some blemishes, but if you stick around you will see that they only stand out because so much of this game truly shines. I had a BLAST playing it and am sad that its over!
  80. Feb 25, 2013
    Unbelievable this game has really set the standard for Graphics and gameplay, the AI actually works like an AI, if your stalking a deer for example, you may not know it but a tiger may be stalking you, its amazing, adds a real element of thrill, the characters and voice acting are exceptional, there are some real unique characters in this game, particularly the bad ones, they are notUnbelievable this game has really set the standard for Graphics and gameplay, the AI actually works like an AI, if your stalking a deer for example, you may not know it but a tiger may be stalking you, its amazing, adds a real element of thrill, the characters and voice acting are exceptional, there are some real unique characters in this game, particularly the bad ones, they are not generic, its completely re-imagined and i love it Expand
  81. Feb 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ***SPOILERS****I really cannot understand all the fantastic reviews and hype surrounding this game GOTY?? I sure hope not. It does not deserve that at all. The game was fun at the start but quickly became boring. The side hunting quests are all exactly the same hunt a rare animal or take down an enemy leader with a knife even taking over enemy outposts became pretty much repetitious run in quick, disable the alarm, run back to surrounding foliage and start picking off enemies one by one with sniper rifle too easy. The NPC village quests are just plain laughable why would I care if a husband is cheating on his wife? And then go ask him to stop!

Now I played the PC version and although the cars boats were fun to drive they are very hard to control especially when doing timed races I only finished one race quest of about twenty or so I tried so I gave up on them in frustration. Shooting games were just as hard and I am a crack shot with the sniper rifle! 95% on head shots. Crafting was ok at first but half the potions you don't need or use and you only get two slots for them! Additionally, you quickly fill up your loot sack and wallet and end up dumping stuff constantly even when you finally craft the largest wallet lootsack that's because there really is nothing to buy so there is no point in even having money in this game or collecting loot. All the weapons are yours for free after climbing radio towers (dumb!!). I was buying all the maps and trying to find every single chest in an area for something to do but soon found out I had no more room for money or loot and nothing to spend it on. The only things I was buying after a while were ammo and bullet-proof vest refills so finding loot and cash is pointless. I'm a loot whore this was really disappointing. You really only need a shotgun, sniper rifle and occasionally an assault rifle. Most of the level up skills are crap as well when would you ever shoot anyone while sliding down the zipline??? I've opened up about 15 or so radio towers so far and never once had any enemies attacking me while doing this. Ditto for jumping on them from a cliff top was never possible.

The other thing that bugged the hell out of me was not being able to walk over a doorsill half the time without jumping Jason does not pick up his feet!!! This becomes deadly when trying to walk along narrow planks on radio towers or along 2x4's in a burning temple while you are on a timer!! And I got stuck in caves or temples several times because he could not get over a small rock! Retrieving loot from bodies and hides from animals was frustrating as well as you always have to hunt around for the right position before the words come up to do the action. Half the time I kept exchanging my guns when I didn't want to as well. Very poor mechanic.

Additionally, all the NPC's are the same! Just 1 or 2 different faces and voices I'm getting (or rather 'gitt ing') sick of that 'Austrylian eccent.'

There are fun parts, though my favorite thing is finding a big supply truck and running over pirates while driving or bashing into their jeeps then backing up and doing it over and over till they are all dead!
    Racing the boats around shooting at pirates is fun, too. Komodo dragons are scary as hell and I almost had a heart attack when I saw a crocodile pull a native into the river! Ouch. Deep diving through underwater caves is cool, as well. You will use the deep diving crafting potion alot.

Which reminds me of the poor menu system why do I have to check out every goddam idol in the book every time I find one when they basically are all the same??? Ditto for the memory cards and letters!! And I like to see actual stuff in my lootsack not just some generic black white drawings.

To sum up beautiful scenery and a few exciting moments does not make up for a dumb story, boring quests, bad mechanics, and extremely poor loot, crafting, money and skills system. Also for some reason I had a very hard time with the FPS aspect of this game. Seemed like the camera should be pulled back a little more this could just be because I'm spoiled by Skyrim where you could switch from 1st to 3rd person continuously. Oh well.
  82. Feb 24, 2013
    As someone who never played Far Cry 1 or 2, this game gave me a spectacular impression on the entire franchise. I absolutely loved it. The graphics were very impressive (even on a fairly low-end PC like mine), the story interested me, the characters were well-played, the voice acting was on-par, and the gameplay was intriguing and fun to play.
    This game does have its flaws, though. Some
    This game does have its flaws, though. Some of the dialogue is flat-out stupid, like when Jason is yelling in excitement while he and Liza almost get killed multiple times. I always take the stealthy path in any game that offers it, but there were a lot of times when I would get spotted from a very long distance away by a dog while liberating an outpost. Some of the guns are drastically underpowered, while some other guns are drastically overpowered (I'm looking at you, Vector). Also, a lot of elements feel a bit too short or too easy. For example, I had almost every gun within about 2-3 hours, as well as all of the radio towers in about 2 hours. I like the complete everything I can as soon as I get the chance, so when I liberated every outpost on the first island completely stealthy, I had too many skill points. My main problem is that there is nothing to do once you've liberated every outpost. All of the pirates are gone, and it kind of defeats the purpose of an open-world RPG. There's nothing left for you to do, unless you want to find a bunch of collectibles.
    However, these flaws are much less influential than the great things in this game. I loved being stealthy, and I especially loved the many different takedowns that you could use to kill enemies. Sniping people was very satisfying, and taking out a bunch of people with a single C4 was awesome. I really liked the hunting and crafting mechanics, but I wish there were either more animal types or more things to craft. Don't even get me started on Vaas. Vaas is quite possibly my favorite enemy to ever exist in any game that I have ever played. His personality and dialogue is phenomenal, and I actually built up a hatred for him as he tortured Jason's friends. I loved him and hated him at the same time. Hoyt was... well he was just Hoyt. He didn't have as much of an impact on me as Vaas did.

Overall, this game is fantastic. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys open-world RPG's. This game would probably get a 10/10 if it weren't for the lack of things to do at the end and for some of the minute details that bothered me.

Now that the review is over, I need to address something. If you're going to make a review, whether it be positive or negative, justify your score. That means please don't give a game a 0 because your computer can't play it, or because you experienced a single glitch that you couldn't look past. Also, a game has to be incredibly bad to be given a 0, and that seems to be a problem with most games that get reviewed on this site. People throw out 0's without being able to justify it at all, and do not accredit a game's good features.
  83. Feb 24, 2013
    Incredible Campaign with Awesome characters and good story. With a super fun cooperative mode and one of the best multiplayer Modes!! 100/100 Really Awesome Game!!
  84. Feb 23, 2013
    Although i don't like modern shooters, this one was better but still not even close for old school shooters. Much better than far cry 2. Animals are fun, but herbage is bit boring in my honest opinion. Also too bright graphics, crysis 1 looks a bit more realistic. View from the cab does not exist too.
  85. Feb 22, 2013
    Pardon me, but this is half as good as it could be,. Great graphics, great enviroment but really poor variety of gameplay. To me is way worst than Far Cry 2, that at least has a better immersion and more challenging combats, making situations different any time. I mean that they are really similar but the predecessor gave me really more fun than this one. The story also is not deep as it could be.
  86. Feb 22, 2013
    Just an other oversimplification of a console game. There was a time when Far Cry was about innovation, challenge, freedom. Innovation is still present, freedom is awesome too, but challenge ruins it all. Playing against an AI with an IQ below 50 is pretty boring even on the most difficult settings. Pirates starting to shoot at you from the middle of a field using no cover. I personallyJust an other oversimplification of a console game. There was a time when Far Cry was about innovation, challenge, freedom. Innovation is still present, freedom is awesome too, but challenge ruins it all. Playing against an AI with an IQ below 50 is pretty boring even on the most difficult settings. Pirates starting to shoot at you from the middle of a field using no cover. I personally stopped playing after I was in a fight with 10 npc's, while there was a group of pirates 20 meters away that were just chilling or I dunno what, just standing there enjoying the sun. It's pretty obvious that the game is a cheap console port. If it wasn't made for console, the game wouldn't be that limited, not talking about the bugs....
    If you are a young dumb teenager, you'll love it
  87. Feb 21, 2013
    This is so much better than the last game. Beautiful world, nice combat mechanics, fine story. Definitely the best game of 2012. Thanks Ubisoft, Thanks!
  88. Feb 20, 2013
    The game "itself" is nice, nice graphics, nice shooting, nice combat system.
    The "elimination" that let´s u to 1hko the enemies is cool. Also the possibility to use stealth and sniping for silent attacks instead of crazy shooting makes the game enjoyable...
    The game "itself" is nice, nice graphics, nice shooting, nice combat system.

So why a 6? well, cz the game is awesome... first 3-6 hours, depending on the time u recquire to understand the game just repeats itself once and again. The scenarios become quite familiar soon, cz in the end 90% of it is just random jungle. Missions and sidequest repeats themselves once and again, as said. So is fun for some shooting, but unless u´re qutie good at repeating the same tasks and re-play the same things over and over again, u may find urself tired of it.

So conclusion: is a good game, but u may feel tired and/or annoyed soon.
  89. Feb 20, 2013
    A real step DOWN from Far Cry 2. The great thing about Far Cry 2 was you could decide which path to follow. In Far Cry 3 it's a mission-based linear stealth game. It pretends to be non-linear and open, but missions are forced on you, with no way of avoiding them, and you are forced to repeat them over and over till you GET IT RIGHT!!! Not only do you have to get the objective, youA real step DOWN from Far Cry 2. The great thing about Far Cry 2 was you could decide which path to follow. In Far Cry 3 it's a mission-based linear stealth game. It pretends to be non-linear and open, but missions are forced on you, with no way of avoiding them, and you are forced to repeat them over and over till you GET IT RIGHT!!! Not only do you have to get the objective, you have to get there in the manner determined by the designers, not your own style. Try departing from the script and ten thousand baddies will descend on you and blast you to pieces. In the end you find you're in a linear stealth adventure. Oh, and the AI is terrible.

Graphically it is no better than Far Cry 2.
  90. Feb 19, 2013
    This game was pretty enjoyable. It fixed many of the issues I had with Far Cry 2, but made some changes I wasn't ready to accept. I know this goes against the consensus, but the story in this game was quite ridiculous. The tribal nonsense, the quick time events, and the oh-so-tiring explosive action sequences found in every other shooter game made me miss the more realistic story of FarThis game was pretty enjoyable. It fixed many of the issues I had with Far Cry 2, but made some changes I wasn't ready to accept. I know this goes against the consensus, but the story in this game was quite ridiculous. The tribal nonsense, the quick time events, and the oh-so-tiring explosive action sequences found in every other shooter game made me miss the more realistic story of Far Cry 2. My only other legitimate complaint is that the PC version feels shafted. The visuals don't look too terribly impressive, at least not enough to justify the low framerates I get on my mid range PC. The mouse on the menu doesn't respond that well. But don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic sequel and perhaps the best shooter I've played for a while. Expand
  91. Feb 19, 2013
    simply put Amazing. from the running mechanics to the handbrake sound of cars, from the way weapons feel to the satisfaction of seeing your enemies fall from your bullets. There is no point in talking about what I like about FC3, so I'll just stick to the easy way, criticising. The driving was awesome, though I can't help feeling that they will pull it off perfectly in FC4, vehiclesimply put Amazing. from the running mechanics to the handbrake sound of cars, from the way weapons feel to the satisfaction of seeing your enemies fall from your bullets. There is no point in talking about what I like about FC3, so I'll just stick to the easy way, criticising. The driving was awesome, though I can't help feeling that they will pull it off perfectly in FC4, vehicle physics need some refinement (add more weight, add more traction properties). The stealth aspect of the game was BATCRAP awesome, but lacked a body dragging option (that takedown skill does not count. come on..). Maybe the story was a bit annoying at times, 4e.x. citra, wtf is her problem, did she rape me? anyway, awesome game, waiting for fc4! Expand
  92. Feb 18, 2013
    I've played both far cry 1 and 2 and I can honestly say that the third installment to the series is probably the weakest. The first game was way ahead of it's time and I played that game for years. The second game was a mixed bag. It had some components to it that were a first for the genre like pulling bullets out of your body and having to fix your gun from being jammed to having toI've played both far cry 1 and 2 and I can honestly say that the third installment to the series is probably the weakest. The first game was way ahead of it's time and I played that game for years. The second game was a mixed bag. It had some components to it that were a first for the genre like pulling bullets out of your body and having to fix your gun from being jammed to having to fix your broken down vehicle. The little things are what make or break a game imo, things like looking down and actually being able to see your feet or when you reach for something you see your hand extend and you pick it up or turn the handle. I can't stand it when things just teleport into my inventory or doors magically open. These are easy things to fix and they immerse you into the game. Unfortunately far cry 2's AI was some of the worst I have ever seen in a game. The graphics and fire were amazing, but only a couple of things kept the game from being one of the best FPS's of all time; bad AI and having to travel for miles and miles. I was hoping that Far Cry 3 would take the best things from both games and make a masterpiece. WRONG. The story isn't bad, but it's hard to really immerse yourself into the game, wanting to be like Rambo, when you are in control of a whimpy, whinny little teenage kid. The fact that right away the Island dwellers want you to save their homeland and you simply agree to it is ridiculous, not to mention they want you to do all the work! My most anticipated part of the whole game was the hunting aspect because when I played Crysis 1 I absolutely love hunting the enemy in the jungle. In Far Cry 3, the possibility of being attacked by a shark swimming to your boat or getting eaten by an alligator or tiger is pretty cool, but it wears off pretty quickly when you have to do it just to make bigger holsters for weapons and ammo all the time. Sorry but I don't want to go hunt some stupid goat or pig just to see some horribly inaccurate stab animation with a knife and pull out its organs. At least make the animation realistic. The menus, while not terrible, are far from the best I have used. Something really annoying is that I spent a good half hour trying to figure out how to make explosive tip arrows, finally just giving up and googling it to find out that they are just magically accessible once you get so far into the main story. It would have been nice to have that explained in the weapons info page. I got to hang glide, but that was surprisingly boring. Not much to see really and no point in doing it. There are like fifty different ways to get somewhere and hang gliding as slow as molasses is not my cup of tea. The graphics are a huge disappointment. When you zoom in with your camera, you can see pop in and textures that are all out of place. I maxed out the video settings, but why put my pc through that when I can play at lower settings and see pretty much zero difference? Glad they put in all those settings...too bad they don't do anything relevant aside from bogging down your system. Console port for sure. Btw, I would like to know where to buy one of those amazing cameras that can somehow track enemies and animals in real time. Pretty amazing. Amazingly dumb that is. If you want to just shoot guns you're in for a real treat because getting all of them is as easy as pie. Just climb all the radio towers and they become free in all the stores. Lame'o. About the fifth mission in, they tell you to explore the island, which I did, and by the time I started my next mission, I was so over powered that it was a cake walk clearing out enemy encampments. I mean seriously, what is the point of exploring an island when everything is already displayed on your map? I have no incentive to keep playing this game because everything is handed over on a silver platter. Btw, Uplay is extremely annoying. I was without internet for like two weeks and it became readily apparent that without internet this game is pretty much unplayable. Like steam, you have to log on in order to log off to play offline. We need a better solution people. All in all, this game is a huge disappointment. This games biggest flaw is that after about three hours of playtime, you really have no reason to continue, aside from the lame story that is. An open world sandbox game should be more fun than this. In a nutshell, this game is just plain boring. Expand
  93. Feb 18, 2013
    I have played 250 hours of Black Ops 2 on the PC, and hated the bs.
    For those looking for a open-world, first person shooter with combination of AC3 and Skyrim, get this game. You won't regret, the game visuals are awesome too.
    It lasts about 10 hours to complete the entire game or faster if you can.
  94. Feb 16, 2013
    This is a great and very ambitious game. The open world is beautiful and the game play simply feels right. A few of the main plot missions are nothing short of brilliant and the sound design is superb. The beginning of the game successfully grabs your attention, Vaas is one of the best game villains in a long long time and this is also where a few flaws become apparent. Having a greatThis is a great and very ambitious game. The open world is beautiful and the game play simply feels right. A few of the main plot missions are nothing short of brilliant and the sound design is superb. The beginning of the game successfully grabs your attention, Vaas is one of the best game villains in a long long time and this is also where a few flaws become apparent. Having a great villain like Vaas and not utilizing him in the best way possible is a squandered opportunity. They could have done so much more with him. I would have loved to deal with him and him ONLY since he was an amazing character with so much potential. The plot is unfortunately severely flawed. I know, most people don't play this game for the plot but in the beginning of the game, it tries and succeeds in involving you as a player. Jason is confused, helpless and just wants to save his friends. But with every new mission Jason's mindset and decisions become less and less incomprehensible and sooner or later the player will disconnect and lose the link to him. I found myself thinking why not do x instead of this?" waaaay to often and having a conflict with the decisions made by the protagonist is a very severe flaw. I know this is criticism on a high level because the game is actually very very good but I can't help but feel that they were careless with the plot although they have they definitely have the talent to get it right. Despite all the fun I had during my approx. 16 hours with the game, I was left disappointed by the ending and the development of the main story. The side missions by the way are instantly forgettable. Hunting missions are fun and racing missions never peaked my interest. I only cared about the main plot and the open world. The prior left me unsatisfied and the latter is gorgeous! Expand
  95. Feb 16, 2013
    Before I start my review, I'll say I had previously played only the first Far Cry. I picked up this game for 20 euros on ebay a few days after its release and I'm really glad I did. The game is just pure fun, exploring the open world is amazing and the AI is good enough to make you feel part of the game. The plot is nothing great but the story missions are enjoyable. Some of the charactersBefore I start my review, I'll say I had previously played only the first Far Cry. I picked up this game for 20 euros on ebay a few days after its release and I'm really glad I did. The game is just pure fun, exploring the open world is amazing and the AI is good enough to make you feel part of the game. The plot is nothing great but the story missions are enjoyable. Some of the characters will really make an impact on the player (for example Vaas and the doctor) while others are forgettable (like Jason's friends). One of the things I absolutely loved about the game is the fact that you can play it your way. Want to be Rambo? You can. Want to be stealthy? You can. Liberating the outposts without being detected was a real challenge, a lot of fun and rewarding. One of my complaints is that, after you conquered the whole island, pirates won't show up often enough.
    The MP is quite good, maybe a bit too CoD-like but still enjoyable. The map editor is also a great feature. The graphics are simply amazing and the animations are incredible. If I had to give a fair rating I'd probably give it an 8, but since I had so much fun with the game I'll rate it 9. I'd say it's worth your money, even at full price.
  96. Feb 16, 2013
    Unlike many of my friends, I enjoyed Far Cry 2. What a brilliant shift from the first game into an environment we hardly see in gaming in Africa. Now, yes I am aware that I am reviewing Far Cry 3. I just want you the reader to be aware of my experience with Far Cry 2 first. FC3 however, unlike FC2 was a disappointment to me. Yes the world looks fantastic and the return to the island jungleUnlike many of my friends, I enjoyed Far Cry 2. What a brilliant shift from the first game into an environment we hardly see in gaming in Africa. Now, yes I am aware that I am reviewing Far Cry 3. I just want you the reader to be aware of my experience with Far Cry 2 first. FC3 however, unlike FC2 was a disappointment to me. Yes the world looks fantastic and the return to the island jungle is a welcome one. But FC3 was just too dull for me. It felt exactly like FC2 only with a brighter sun and surf on my doorstep. Oh an not having malaria this time is always a delight in gaming.

The story is interesting, Vas is crazy and I must save my moron friends. That works fine in this island paradise. But while on this journey of the mind and sole of my character I grew to, well, there is no easy way to say this hate myself. Not in reality, but within the game. Why, you may ask? Simple, unlike Gordon Freeman, he speaks and what he has to say is of no value and often takes the words out of my mouth before I get to say anything in reality. This happens when I enter a cave or put out an arm fire. He just chimes in and says the obvious. Things like "wow, what a cave amazing place". Yes Jason, we get it.

Me aside, the game world offers very little as far as open world games go. Radio tower scouts, hunting, driving to kill people, you name it. All those dull things just didn't carry any real value to me other than building bigger wallets to buy slightly better weapons once in a while. The camera is also useless as I found I couldn't bring it out to take wonderful screenshots of this oceanic paradise. Why not?! I did enjoy taking over locations. This is something that the game developers have done with such a simple fineness that makes them enjoyable. The main story is not too bad either and worth a good play-through at least once. But if I play through it again, the game would need to be patched to remove any dialogue from my character, he is just so full of um... Solid game, but not as good as it could be. 7/10.
  97. Feb 15, 2013
    FC3 would be rather nice game without sandbox. The story parts of the game are good indeed, but the sandboxing and hunting animals to get better quiver etc. is just stupid. Furthermore, the whole crafting system is way too shallow. It is as if the character carries a laboratory, workbench and leather tanning/boiling equipment with him all the time.

There are still lessons to learn where

There are still lessons to learn where FC2 failed. Better luck next time.
  98. Feb 15, 2013
    I have a total of 13 hours played so far, a mix of single player and co-op, and it's great. I paid full price, stupidly not buying it when it was on for 50% off. It's still worth the scratch, but obviously better value at half price.

Has great graphics, a great intro (which really sets the mood for the game), and plenty of danger. Crafting is there, weapons are there, adventure, there is a lot of content included. What SUCKS about the game is the save system. That is a huge PITA. You cannot save wherever you like and resume another day, so you tend to forget where you were. Overall, great first impression.
  99. Feb 14, 2013
    Amazing game, really immersive and realistic. The graphics are stunning and it has a good combat system. A lot of effort as been put into this game by Ubisoft Montreal, and I think it deserves the GOTY award.
  100. Feb 14, 2013
    One of Best Games after long time. Best Far Cry Game. The Only one,where series 3 don'T suck. Best Open World Game Ever. For all who love Shooter,Action and more.
  101. Jan 20, 2013
    First 10 minutes of Farcry 3 starts brilliantly. The escape from Vass's camp was well done and the character of Vass himself was enjoyable. But then it goes down hill after you get a magic tattoo.

There is no challenge in this game what so ever. Even on the "hardest difficulty" it is hilariously easy. The AI is quite simply broken and spend most of the game killing each other or from wildlife to be an actual threat.. The story is pathetic badly written and a lot of the time makes no sense.

Graphics are great but can not make up for the simplified gameplay. The crafting system is a joke, you only need on type of leaf to craft any syringe, not that it matters as I never used the combat/hunting stims as there is no point. The skill system did not need to be in the game at all, seriously how many ways of stabbing an enemy do I need after I get the bow?

Not being able to turn off item glow or the items showing in your map is annoying forced hand holding crap that I would expect if I was playing on easy. Missions are often tedious and boring and "boss fights" are nothing more than badly done quick time events. If you have not bought this yet, either pirate it or wait for it to be around the 20$ mark.

It had huge potential and had some good ideas, memorable characters and the jungle is very attractive but the lack of challenging gameplay or sensible storyline makes the game fall flat on its face. Sad to see something that could of been brilliant had most of its fun points such as survival and stealth made useless or overpowered. Enemies have to be looking directly at you to see you, even then you have time to move into some bushes.

Probably my biggest buyers remorse of the past 6 months.

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013