8.1

1. Dec 12, 2012
    10 out of 10? I don't think so. Although, I admit I'm not mad either. Think of it as Far Cry 2 with a face lift. If you've played that, then you'll get the feeling of doing pretty much the same thing as before. As a matter of fact, it feels so much the same, you may want to ask yourself if you're in the mood to play Far Cry 2 again. They added a few things. If you want to carry more... bigger wallet, bigger rucksack for items, bigger ammo case etc., you hunt animals and skin them. That was fun, but It took about an hour and I had pretty much upgraded everything. I started gathering items and cash, but here's something I found odd. As in Far Cry 2, you had to quest to make more items available. No problem. In Far Cry 3, you unlock radio towers. But here's the catch, the items aren't only unlocked, they become free. So I'm walking around with a stuffed $6,000 wallet and I've already got everything and not a single reason to loot dead bodies or pick up cash. Modifying weapons cost a little, yeah, but upgrading your favorites only takes a second and your done. Now I'm thinking, what do I do now? In other words, in two hours, there may be plenty to explore, but no reason to do it!

Skills are boring too. The standard ones that increase health are obviously important but the rest are more like "skills of convenience" if you know what I mean. There aren't any you feel like you really want. I've got fifteen skill points and I don't even care. There's nothing there beyond increasing health and a couple of other ones that make a difference. The rest? zzz zzz.

So what's the verdict? Is it worth playing? I'm not finished with it and I will finish it... eventually. Games that get the ratings this one got are supposed to lock you in front of your computer and not set you free until you've savored every morsel. This one? It's like going to a buffet where all the items taste pretty much the same. You'll play it maybe because your hungry but you won't really care what you want next.

As a side note, it may be worth waiting for because there are a few bugs on the pc version. It stutters like a dog unless you can get fps over 60 on the low end. I've got an Intel 3820 oc'd to 4.2 ghz and an Nvidia gtx 680 and need to run on medium settings. I had to get the top fps to about 115 for the normal buttery smoothness I'm accustomed to. And that's borderline. If I even turn on anti-aliasing to any degree, I have to reduce the graphics to low, so I settled for medium and no AA. You can google "Far Cry 3 stuttering" for more info.

The game has value. Think of it like Santa putting a Bugatti Veyron in your drive way but then discover the only place you can drive it... is around the block. It's fancy, but the track is the same.
  2. Dec 5, 2012
    I know the game just came out and I've only played for a few hours now, but this game is simply stunning to look at and blew me away from the start! It is a strong contender for my game of the year already and may be the most richly detailed and beautiful game I've ever seen. It has a grisly beginning that sets the tone of the game and makes you feel like you are definitely outnumbered and out of your element. Your character has never seen anyone killed, much less used a gun! The island is completely open to explore and the random encounters with animals etc. are really cool and make it feel like a real world where anything can happen at any time. I was swimming in a creek to gather a plant at the bottom and got attacked by a crocodile out of nowhere and couldn't fight it off, I died. The enemies in the game are not the dumbest AI I've ever seen, but also not special forces. I think they react pretty well to what happens around them but can do some random things. The PC version is far and away the best one to get if you have a nice gaming machine. I am using an Alienware M17x with i7 CPU, 8GB RAM, and Nvidia G-Force GTX 580 graphics card. I turned the graphical settings to ultra and 8x anti-aliasing on. It is also DirectX 11 enabled. I have to say that no game I have, even Crysis 2 and Rage, look this good! Expand
  3. Dec 16, 2012
    Graphics - There hasn't been a world this beautifully crafted in quite some time. Story - interesting if genre trope heavy outing. Tries to tackle some weighty topics but never quite hits the right notes (no empathy for most of the characters). Game-play - great FPS' mechanics, nice variety of weapons and initially a wonderful range of things to do. As with all games though, they do wear thin after many hours of play. Overall - I haven't been sucked into a game world this much since Skyrim, so that should be praise enough. Buy It. Expand
  4. Nov 10, 2013
    A total turn of events, the expectation was so high that this game let me down.
    Apart from multiplayer there's nothing interesting to be done after completing the game plot which by the way seemed to me another let down, whipping Vaas out of the frame so ungracefully just like Bane was trashed out in Dark Night
    The good parts are all there but it especially leaves the feeling of
    unfinished everything but the graphics, sadly. Expand
  5. Dec 6, 2012
    This is a very good game. Open world, completely immersible environment, and so far I've really felt like some random guy trying to survive on an island. The new territory system is a huge improvement over Far Cry 2's enemy respawns, and the only major negative aspect I've experienced so far was the save system (it would be nice to have more than one save slot). I haven't spent too much time in multiplayer, but I really only buy these games for the single player so it doesn't factor heavily into my opinion of the game. Graphics have been amazing in my experience, and I think most of the people complaining about this don't realize that it's often their own hardware they should be complaining about instead of the software. I was looking for a game where I could become lost in a world that I had to fight my way out of, and I got that. I plan to sink quite a few hours into this title! Expand
  6. Feb 11, 2013
    I bought this because I was misleaded to believe that this game was skyrim with guns, I love skyrim and to compare Far cry 3 to Skyrim is an insult to bethesda and skyrim fans, this game has absolutely nothing to dowith skyrim except that is open world and you hunt that's about it, you cant craft something you can sell like in skyrim, you can't wear different outfits like in skyrim, bad guys always look and act the same, in skyrim bad guys have different armours different weapons etc etc etc. Don't get me wrong Far cry 3 is an entertaining gane for a few hours but it gets extremely boring after that, oh and it looks like sh@#t in Xbox, I recommend you to wait for it to be on sale in steam and go for it Expand
  7. Jul 4, 2013
    The Far Cry series is awesome, it's always been adventurous and always tried to be different from the normal games that were out at the time of their releases.
    But this one, I really can't say that, and that really brings it down. They tried to copy a CoD/Battlefield style of gunplay, and while it DID work well, it made the game a little less of it's own. They also got rid of a few things
    that brought me into the world of Far Cry 2 more than any other game. For one, the world was interactive, as if things could happen when you're not there. You could start brush fires that actually spread and burned lots of things. Now that's not to say this game has anything new, now the animals in the game attack AIs as if they were actual predators, where as before they did... nothing. Speaking of animals, I hated the way they used animal hides. I'm no schtickler, but I don't think making a wallet out of two different animal hides makes it hold any more.
    Well it's an okay game, and I would've put it at a 9/10 if it weren't in the Far Cry series.
  8. Jan 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. very good game tell the life of a guys who fell on an island and u live the amazing exprience throughout the whole game the game have a lot of great stuff to do u can hunt animals and alot of them !! u can drive cars or fly using gliders the game is so cool if ur a fps fan u will like and the game is way better than far cry 2 or 1 its really good and i give this cool game 9/10 Expand
  9. Jan 16, 2013
    The game is great, but the constant framerate drops when NOTHING IS HAPPENING ONSCREEN is annoying as all hell. I know i have the recommended requirements because a lot of times where lots of things are happening. i still can run the game at 40-50 fps.
  10. Jan 29, 2013
    The single player was exciting and superbly entertaining. I enjoyed beautiful island with all its wildlife and madmen. The greatest downside was the multiplayer. NO DEDICATED SERVERS?? How can a PC multiplayer work without dedicated servers? The game stops and sometimes disconnects when the host leaves, it really gets on my nerves and I did not get the multiplayer experience I had hoped for.
  11. Feb 5, 2013
    I remember seeing the first game trailer early on in 2012. Not playing any of the Far Cry games before, I wasn't sure what to expect. Being advertised as, "Skyrim with Guns", I decided to buy it, not sure of its plot or story. I can say that I am pleasantly surprised. The exploration of the islands through radio tower and outpost checkpoints gave me things to do besides the main quest. I felt obligated to find every Totem and every Letter to deepen the experience. The story itself is just a side thought from when I am not exploring or gathering materials for bigger ammo cases or wallets. Overall, this game provides many things to do, depending on what the player is feeling. Definitely a good buy. Expand
  12. Feb 5, 2013
    What's not to like about stealthily wiping out an enemy base or blowing it into the sky on a lush tropical Island filled with rare and dangerous wild life? Great story, crafting, customisable weapons, hidden collectibles, and open adventure game-play in a awesome location is a recipe for success. On a powerful PC this game is also an absolute joy to look at. I thoroughly enjoyed this game from start to finish. Nothing like Far Cry 2 which I couldn't even finish, what a disaster that was. Far Cry 3 9/10 Expand
  13. Mar 8, 2013
    A long game, so u get much for ur cash. Its a tad to easy, so up the game mode to get more challenge out it it. Lots of weapons and upgrades, so ur able to play how u like.
  14. Apr 19, 2013
    This game isn't to be missed, its unlike every other game you have ever played, it combines, story with action, exploration and hunting. The hunting really sets this game apart from other games and adds a new depth. What this has over Far Cry 2 besides the hunting, is a great AI system where you know if people have seen you and you have a bit of time to hide, stay still etc. The vehicles, weapons and open world are fantastic, great use of height just like in Just Cause 2.

My only gripes are my favorite character which I wont spoil dies way to early and the game. The game isn't that hard, there should be a hard mode where you can't see shadows behind buildings, this would make it more real life. Additionally the lack of any helicopters or planes to fly around the expansive island can get annoying. A helicopter would have added an extra element.

Overall this is a game not to be missed, one of the top 3 open world games ever made up there with GTA IV & Just Cause 2.
  15. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is incredible. Stands out as one of the games of the year, last year. Great graphics, great interface, easy to pick up and play. Great A.I that's smart and guns that actually do damage.
  16. Apr 27, 2013
    Pretty much the exact same thing as the previous Far Cry game, which everyone hated. Watch an unskippable cutscene, drive for 10 minutes to a waypoint, kill someone, drive back. Repeat ad nauseam. Why? At no point does the game give me any compelling reasons as to why I should care or even continue.
  17. Sep 20, 2013
    I felt like opening a Pandora's box when trying to determine the score for this game. If you compare it to games of the modern era only, it's hard to not give it a 10. If you look at it more broadly though, the score drops.

Far Cry 3 is a Ubisoft game through and through. Their niche seems to be GTA-inspired sandbox games (AC, FC, SR). FC3 is exactly that. I was going to call it "GTA on
    an island" first, but that's not really fair. Then again, it's not completely wrong either. The game also seems to borrow small elements from AC series, which depending on your point of view can either be a good or a bad thing.

As for my opinion, the story and setting were really solid, even if a bit schizophrenic. The main character is more or less an ordinary guy with no goals in life, but then he finds some and becomes an elite commando army of one. There's some voodoo and stuff like that involved though. And that really sets the tone of the game. It's not really meant to be a realistic simulator, although it may look to do that on the outside. When you get deeper into it, you'll see that the game is full of supernatural elements as well and as such, the fact that you can see all the points of interest on the minimap automatically didn't really bother me. I especially liked how the game handled some bossfights. Not necessarily because they were QTEish, but because if they were normal shooting gallery sequences, that would've just sucked.

Other strong points were equipment customizability, animations, level of detail, voice acting, some of the dialogue, sidemissions that were actually fun and last but not least, the fact that you can just roam around the map doing whatever you want. The game also looks damn gorgeous with all the graphics turned high.

As for the bad side of things, well, the combat isn't really made to be challenging or balanced. As such, the ugly side of modern gaming raises up it's head once more. This game isn't hard. It's easy, even. And once again, it's a bit spoonfeedy. Despite that, I think it keeps itself together really nice.
    I didn't try multiplayer, but co-op was a useless tack-in to boost sales. There's also level-grinding and stuff like that involved in the multiplayer/co-op, which I don't approve of.

To explain what I said earlier about the score of the game dropping if you rate it taking into account more than just the modern era, I mean that this game doesn't necessarily offer a whole lot of new things, and I think it does things a bit tongue-in-cheek to compensate for that. But then, it's such a well-executed, fun and high production value package that I can't just go full cynic on it.

Don't take this game too seriously and you'll have a fun ride that can last up to 30 hours.
  18. Jul 28, 2013
    Mixed bag playing it again on pc. I love that I can disable the HUD and that but having to sit through the cutscenes again is borderline masochism. I alt-enter to go window mode then go read a webpage or two. I'd give this game 4 out of 5, minus 1 just because the story is insultingly bad and they force you to partake of it.
  19. Oct 19, 2013
    This is a solid game with entertaining open world game play. There is a large world to explore with tons of content. The graphics and atmosphere are top notch. I would give this game a 10 but....The game falls down a bit with the contrived ultra grim-dark story and the accompanying story missions. The story missions break from the majority of the game play, forcing you into linear missions and/or QTE. Expand
  20. Jan 4, 2014
    Far Cry 3, exceeded my expectations. The only problem I had with this game other than some of the boxes when going on a sloped surface is that after finishing the game I lost the will to play it again for a long time, even though I told myself I'll complete all the side-quests.
    The story is amazing and it truly makes you feel a part of it. You develop feelings for characters, for some you
    feel sorry, some make you laugh and some you admire. Even the antagonists are characters you feel for them.
    The open world and the ways you reveal it are a big part of the game and it pretty much scores it.
    From the little things like driving, crafting or gaining skills to the shooting and completing the game Far Cry 3 nails it.
    All I can say is that I highly recommend every shooter and campaign enthusiasts to get the game.
    Multiplayer is great but nothing too special.

I can't wait for Far Cry 4.
  21. Dec 30, 2013
    If there is one thing I really like about games, its the ability to continue playing even after the story missions are complete. Far cry 3 gives you this in a number of ways, allowing you to have hours of fun after you play through the full story. Far cry 3 is a completely massive game, with pirate outposts, towns, wildlife, radio towers, memorable landmarks, temples, ect. The game feels alive, and sometimes when your just walking through the jungle your eye will catch a tiger chasing a goat, or a pack of dogs with rabies running down a deer. Or you might walk right into a little creek, then get jumped by a alligator. Little skirmishes between the jungle tribes are happening everywhere, and there is different types of side missions, that unlock as you liberate more pirate outposts. The more time you give into this game, the sweeter it is. Start liberating outposts, and your bulletin boards will fill up with work requests and side missions to entertain you further. Hunt animals for their hides, and you will be able to craft new gear and hostlers with the surprisingly deep crafting system, that allows you to upgrade your pouches and gear in a number of ways, craft a wallet to hold more money, or craft a fuel sling to be able to refill your flamethrower. Craft a extra weapon hostler to carry a sidearm if your a sniper-type player, or craft a rucksack if your the exploring, looting type. The story was good, and I''m not going to spoil anything, but it is a fairly mature story, with drugs, murdering, torture, ect. The gun-play is fun, and planning a strategy filled attack on a pirate outpost can provide endless fun, especially since there is virtually infinite ways to attack outposts, snipe people off with a sniper/assault rifle from a distance, go in with an LMG, screaming and throwing grenades at everything, or play it stealthily, with a silent but deadly recurve bow and a silenced sidearm. One other cool thing is that fire spreads, and that can result in some really fun to use tactics, such as smoking them out by tossing a molotov on the roof of the building, then blasting them away from the safety of a little sniper nest on the hill, or maybe waiting just outside with a shotgun.

I really enjoyed this game. 9.3/10.
  22. Dec 25, 2013
    By far the best single player shooter I have ever played. I have psent over 200 hours playing this game and feel like I have barely skimmed the surface. The mission are thrilling, suspensful and comedic at times too (like buring down marijuana fields with flamethrowers). The different islands are huge and there are so many animals to hunt, so many collectibles and so many things to unlock that one can barely ever finish this game. The characters are extremely memorable and the two big bad guys are frightening as well as completely mad. I was so drawn into thsi game that I played it for over 15 hours the first day I got it. the multiplayer is a blast aswell, and I spent many horus playing both with my friends and against them. YOU MUST BUY THIS, IT IS AS CLOSE TO PERFECTION AS A SHOOTER WILL EVER GET- Expand
  23. Dec 27, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was my favorite game from 2012. An open world game that gives you a ton of choice on how you want to approach different situations. The story is also a believable one as its main character, as the story progresses, begins to enjoy killing and satires all of the first person shooters where all you do is kill people. There are plenty of side missions, that include bounties and hunting the wildlife on the island. There is a lot of satisfying content in Far Cry 3. Graphically the game is phenomenal and the game is at just the right length to where you'll never say to yourself "Ugh, when is this gonna end?" Overall, Far Cry 3 exceeded my expectations and any gamer would enjoy themselves playing it. Expand
  24. Mar 31, 2014
    just played first few missions or something, stopped at the mission repairing some boat or something. cant save my game though, maybe some bull-leavings glitch. didnt even bother to fix it cause the game is crap. graphics is scum of the earth for a game with lots of reputation. even the boring farcry 2 have stunning graphics though. this one is like you put farcry 1 in the toilet and you flush it and what comes out of the drain is farcry 3. TADAAAA!!! the island setting in farcry 3 is.... well, i dint like it. farcry 1 island setting is better though (cause it didnt get flushed out of the toilet, if you know what i mean). dont get me wrong, i like **** urmmmm, i mean beaches. but only in REAL LIFE not in games. only **** are fun in games and real life (maybe the developers are mistaken on this fact). thats all, i rate this bae on my enterained level. no offence to this game but this s the only fun i get from it. Expand
  25. Feb 7, 2013
    Far Cry 3 saved the series after a string of pointless spin-offs of the first game, a remake, and a remake OF the remake. To top it off, the last main entry, Far Cry 2, was a mediocre, frustrating, redundant, and unrewarding game set in a somewhat-interesting landscape that lacked any incentive to explore it. Far Cry 3 was a welcome improvement over its predecessors, However, the game still suffers from the biggest game-breaking flaw that has plagued the series since the beginning: A large, beautiful environment with no rewards for actually exploring it. All of the weapons are available to the player for free, as long as they unlock radio towers, and the process of doing so requires no challenge. To make it worse, the player has unlimited, free access to previously-unavailable weapons after they pick them up from the corpse of a foe. Meaning if you just grabbed a shiny new gun from the ground, congratulations, you now have it an endless free supply of them, just like any other weapon you may have shelled out thousands of dollars for. There are hardly any unique side-quests worth going out of your way for, and they only reward you with money, which you'll find you have plenty of mid-way through the game. Money is almost worthless once you have all of the weapons readily available. The only purpose is buying the occasional much-needed health, ammo, or body armor. None of which (with maybe the exception of body armor) are difficult to obtain on your own. In fact, I have so many green leaves, which are use to craft healing items, that I had to sell most of them just because I needed the space, and I would never, ever need that much. There are other types of syringes, used for such things as boosting damage resistance to fire, and aiding your hunting and exploration abilities, however, they are unnecessary. Hunting isn't particularly difficult, and neither is combat, even on the most difficult setting. I could go on and on about why Far Cry 3 will not satisfy those who want a meaningful sandbox game, but if you are looking for a slick, fulfilling shooter game, you'll have a blast. Good controls is vital to great combat. Far Cry 3 rivals Max Payne 3 for having the most crisp, fluid controls of any PC game of 2012, even on mid-grade gaming rigs that can't quite run Far Cry 3 with optimal performance. The graphics are eye-popping; the water stands out. The many lakes, rivers, and waterfalls look incredible, especially when the sunlight shimmers along the top, and the bodies of your enemies float freely, slowly staining the teal-liquid red.

In short ,Far Cry 3 fails to impress the adventurer in me, but the warrior in me hasn't been this impressed with a shooter since BioShock.
  26. Dec 14, 2012
    Its a great game, i feel they really made the new far cry quite well, introducing a lot of realistic animations depending on what happens really makes the game seam smooth and an interesting realistic experience. like if you crash your car, you will hit your head on dash and have blury vision or if you jump from to high you will stumble when you hit the ground. i think that far cry servers as a benchmark which new and old games should learn from.... AKA Call of duty.... there are a few bugs i encountered here and there, but show me a game that has none....good game, love the experience, worth the "buy" ;D Expand
  27. Mar 3, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. Tons of things to do, amazing graphics and the bad guy is super nuts. Driving, some crafting (nothing too crazy) and lots of cool weapons.
  28. Jan 25, 2013
    1st part of the game was incredible. But after moving to 2nd island the game experience dropped increasingly. Looks like developers was exhausted all ideas they introduced in first part of the game. The difficulty level increases too much for me, its became irritating - despite I was playing on hard on 1st island I cannot handle easy mode on 2nd (maybe I was tired of the game). It seems it is the way to make game longer. 2nd part focuses only of shooting - nothing more. The idea of exploration on the 2nd island was dig.
    So the first island I judge for 9, but the 2nd island for 5 only.
  29. Dec 18, 2012
    This game has so much potential... but its dragged down by so much unecessary crap. Gather quests? Really? Am I playing Farcry, or WoW? Climb these radio towers to open your map... Guess someone was playing Assassin's Creed at the time they came up with that idea? In trying to fix the broken stealth from FC2, they made it so easy there is no challenge. Enemy's are incredibly stupid. The body drag mechanic could use some work, really, I can't pick up and drag a body from the ground, only after I kill them with a take down? Weapons... 1 attachment... wonder what kind of red dot they are using that blocks out extended mags. It could have been such a good game... but it turned out just to be mediocre. It just feels like there's something missing.... it's a hollow and shallow experience. That being said, it's not the worst game ever either. Expand
  30. Dec 11, 2012
    As the top poster says, this is one of the few games in a long time that dosent disapoint. The develepors have learned from the mistakes of far cry 2 and improved alot. And i actually got quite drawn in to the story. Very good game
  31. Apr 22, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was really disappointment game even the story is good and it have Interesting characters but rest of the game is just meh and poorly made that made game way too easy even on master difficulty that i only played on half way then i stopped playign it. Every time i try play FC3 more, more i start hate it because of: Really bad enemy and team mate AI Useless crafting Useless rpg element that make game even more easier
    Useless hunting after you get all crafting itmes
    Build-in wall hack that they force you to use it
    Really bad mouse keyboard controlls especially aiming that is your worst enemy in whole game and force you to use controller
    Poor and useless fire element and it's also bugged that most of time you get hurt by invisible fire
    Way too many bugs from release day and they are still there
    Poorly optimized
    After dying you spawn random place and never to last save place

And list go on and on and on.......

So basically FC3 is just full of bugs and poorly made things that are clearly rushed.
  32. Jan 10, 2013
    + Open world + Graphic + Gameplay + Multi language - No ambient sound settings, environment sound nearly mute. - No info about the many graphic options, the eye hurting pixel storm LOD switch is "Geometry" - No Loot and Hideout re-spawn. A isle full of peoples, nobody use a empty box, a empty hideout or bunker. This problem have 99% of all games inc. Skyrim. Only Oblivion has made it.
    - No endless routine side missions. A isle full of peoples, nobody has a job for you after 3 weeks. Another 99% of all games problem.
    - Forgotten Art of grass. In FC2 grass up to the horizon with wind play, in FC3 the grass spawns around your feet.
  33. Dec 27, 2012
    Ubisoft has once again driven a game into the abyss. The use of emulation software for the PC controls has renedered the game unplayable. In fact there are many deal-breakers. AI so poorly written that if you just watch, they will kill themselves. They do nothing. The actual game is so short it's absurd. The multiplayer is just a waste and should not have been done at all considering the wretched state of the singleplayer. Fail! Simple as that Fail..............Fail........................Fail! The only part that was good were the old maps done by Crytek oh so long ago. And then with Ubisoft's help they flash and light in and out. Box game and should have stayed that way! Expand
  34. Dec 5, 2012
    Far Cry 3 should be considered yet another epic failure (remake) of the second instalment in the series, all I can say is that I would like my money back (not possible) and please stop screwing us over.
  35. Feb 12, 2013
    This game is an absolute blast! One of the only games of 2012 not to disappoint me. The overall experience is just phenomenal. I thought I would hate the gathering and crafting system, but it's awesome! I love the side quest and the whole structure of the game. The game is damn near a perfect fps single player experience. You should be able to get a good solid 30+ hours of game play.
  36. Dec 4, 2012
    the bigger the expectation the bigger is the Disappointment or maby i didnt understand what the game supposed to be? is it FPS or RPG i dont understand it.and what with the climbing the towers
    its so frustrating and so is the action scenes very mediocre.the graphics are not bad but you need to have a strong computer.the sound quality is very bad.maybe if you like exploring open world

with no purpose then tha game is for you.one thing i am sure this is not a worthy(for the 2012 year) action game.
  37. Feb 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wish people would stop calling this game "Skyrim with weapons". It's not "Skyrim with weapons", it's Farcry 3. Farcry 1 and 2 had the same open-world style, with weapons and they both came out before Skyrim...

Now that I've got that out the way, this game is amazing. It is super, super fun. The graphics are great, the story is cool, the beginning intro is refreshingly original, and the villian is by far the best villian since Vergil. I gave this game 8/10 because I have to discuss the flaws as well unfortunately.

1. The biggest flaw is, the game ends! Once you're done, the side missions aren't that interesting and not many people just treasure hunt to find secret things around the map. Face it, once you've completed the game and made pretty much every crafting upgrade there is, you really miss enemies and camp infiltrations.

2. I'm being a tad critical here, but did we really need that weird, trippy initiation fight against that black-cloud demon thing? I often wonder why games do this. DMC:Devil May Cry had a similar boss fight against a digital anchor-man it's tacky and just plain weird.

3. There are 2 endings but you have no option to replay the last segment just to choose the different option, you have to play the level from the beginning.

4. Boats are included but you rarely use them which is sad, because Assasin's Creed 3's Master&Commander ship missions quite wet my appetite for more naval combat.

5. The main character is rather...inconsistent. I say that because at the beginning of the game he freaks out at having to stab a guard in the neck, and by the end of the game he is some sort of neo-nazi hellbent on bloodlust without even a smidge of hesitation when around enemies. If you don't really care for realism then that shouldn't bother you, I just thought since the put so much effort into character development in the beginning, that it came across as a little rushed and lazy.

6. That's it, the rest of the game was amazing, the map is quite large if you don't use quick travel and there is stuff to keep you busy after you finish the game, but replaybility isn't quite there. You'll probably stop playing once you finish the game.
  38. Feb 15, 2013
    FC3 would be rather nice game without sandbox. The story parts of the game are good indeed, but the sandboxing and hunting animals to get better quiver etc. is just stupid. Furthermore, the whole crafting system is way too shallow. It is as if the character carries a laboratory, workbench and leather tanning/boiling equipment with him all the time.

There are still lessons to learn where
    FC2 failed. Better luck next time. Expand
  39. Dec 13, 2012
    This game is a decent shooter, the weapons are satisfying to use and there is some intense shooting, there is option to an stealth aproach and is satisfying to cleanse an outpost of enemies without been seen. However, this game isn't Skyrim tropical island version, if you are expecting deep RPG mechanics and involving side quests you are going to be dissapointed. It is a game about a guy with guns that shoot other guys with guns, outside the main storyline, you just kill alot of guys with red shirts for no real reason but only for your amusement, its a Call of Duty on a island, less scripted and with more options. If compared with Call of Duty, its a more complex game, but when compared with other open world games it's a little too shallow. Expand
  40. Dec 24, 2012
    FC3 is along with AC3 the biggest dissappointment in 2012 / 2013, what bothered me the most is that there is no enemy artificical intelligence at all it seems, all the missions must be played exactly as the level designer made it there is nothing individual, if you dont do things exactly as ubi wants you to do it, the mission failes, i recall that even FC2 or FC1 had a better Enemy AI, and Level Design, so FC3 looks like a downgrade to me. Sure the GFX are nice, but its no destructable environment like Crysis / BF3 has, so half of the nice GFX arent worth it to begin with. Also the looting, the treasures, the relics, and memory cards are brainless collections, Seems like Ubisoft is gameversions v.3 are worst the gaming world ever seen.
    So as summary, when you can get the game on some sale for 10 - 20 dollars its worth spending it, anything above is a waste of your / my money, cause the overall gameplay of FC3 is more compareable to some Commodore 64 / Atari games what we had like 20 years ago.
  41. Jan 23, 2013
    Very nice game with lots of things to do. Very good story, the kill side missions get repetitive very quickly, though all the other optional stuff are very fun. I liked the crafting system a lot but i feel the could have taken it a step further. Nice combat and a lot of fun abilities you can unlock. My major complain is that they could have exploited the jungle enviroment a little better, when i hear jungle what comes to mind is survival and this game didn't have that. Overall a much better game than the previous titles in the series! Recommended!!! Expand
  42. Apr 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tasteless, repetitive, boring, unbalanced, horrible performance, no optimization whatsoever. That's what this game is.

It desperately tries to bring an entire open world where you feel like a survivor in an epic adventure, but in the end it doesn't. No immersion. I don't feel like I'm Jason. The story is not bad, but it's not good either. Nothing new. The main antagonist is the only character with a real personality. And that's not good. It makes me want to lose so he can win.

Let's focus on each point and why it fails:
    1. Story: nothing new. Boy goes on adventure, something goes wrong, friends in trouble, must become a hero and save them, join some guys who are against the villain's tirany. It's not bad, but it's not enough.

2. Performance: laggy, choppy, with no optimization, can't play in high graphic settings with more than 30 fps. And even playing in ultra, the graphics are not good enough for what it consumes. So far, a crappy port.

3. Gameplay mechanics: nothing new, and very badly done. Open world, full of enemies, you can hunt, you can do side missions, you can collect things, you can craft. Like any other open world game of this kind. Weapons suck, I can do more damage with an AK47 than with a Magnum revolver. I mean, a magnum has a 6-bullet round and should take 1 shot to kill, but in this game, it takes all 6, even with headshots, versus 1 headshot with the AK47 which can be accomplished fairly easy if you are used to FPS games. Bows? More like freaking machineguns at the speed they shoot. No need to charge your shot, no sir, the arrow will always go fast as a bullet out of the bow, and you don't even need to reload! Incendiary arrows? Way better! Just shoot them 20 times in 10 seconds and burn the whole island to the ground!

4. Interface: crappy. They should've used Steamworks instead of UPlay for multiplayer, because it is very buggy and difficult to join a lobby. It takes a long while to load because it has to send and receive a lot of data, and it does it slowly.

5. DRM: the worst part. Not only you have to log into Steam to play, but you also have to log into UPlay to launch the game. And the worst of the worst? Manual input of serial keys, without being able to paste it. You have to input it letter by letter and remember, no scores or capitals, or else it won't work! It took me 3 times to enter it correctly because of this! to unlock your game and DLC. Why on Earth?

6. Co-op: linear, repetitive, boring. It can be fun if you play with friends or just want to shoot around people, but just that.

Overall, this game was a disappointment. I don't even want to finish it.
  43. Dec 16, 2013
    As a player of FarCry 2 i was impelled to try this. I waited for it to come out on sale in case i was upset. the only thing i am upset about id not getting it sooner. What a stunning game. So much to do and see, it can keep you entertained for hours on end. Fantastic. Takes some getting used to in my opinion but its great.
  44. Dec 1, 2013
    UPLAY ruined this game..... If not for this stupid draconian DRM scheme the game might be worth playing, but as it stands I count it as money wasted.
    Watch out for more garbage to come from Ubisoft. I heard they were changing back from this garbage..... I was wrong.... Guess I need to take them off my buy list entirely....
  45. Oct 6, 2013
    This game has been done before, better and with a much more polished feel to it. It's called Just Cause 2. Except that game ran a lot better, with half of the system requriements and yet with a great graphics. Again, I don't know what has driven game reviewers to give 90+ scores, since the game gets very old and very fast, doing the same thing over and over again. And the killing of animals and making various tools out of them to hold more ammo or more health packs is just ridiculous. Technically, it's an unoptimized mess if you ask me. glitches, ugly textures and weak AI. This game was already done years ago, better and cheaper. Expand
  46. Jan 10, 2014
    Never played the first 2 games. So this is a brand new experience to me. Far Cry 3 Is a very good game.
    The story is at the top of it's game with interesting characters and lets be honest one of the most memorable side villains of all time in gaming, Vaas his appearances in game were my favorite moments in the game.
    The Open World element is strong too. Vast Jungles to the Open seas make
    this the most entertaining FPS of the year.
    The Multiplayer was mediocre but some features shined such as the Game Ending Cinematics with the top 3 players of the winning team and the best player of the losing team, The 1st place player of the winning team chooses to Spare or Kill the losing player, which I found very funny also the map edit feature was excellent as well.

47. Mar 12, 2014
    Awesome game with an impressive open world; Lots of opportunities for wandering. A nice plot and well-made side missions. Far Cry3 is a perfect game. Salute to Ubisoft!
  48. Jan 21, 2013
    Honestly? This game is absolutely amazing. I play a ton of games in my free time, and Far Cry 3 definitely took the most time out of me. It provided me with over 60 hours of gameplay, full of pleasure and enjoyment. A fun, time-consuming, and often breathtaking experience. Definitely worth your time - play it!
  49. Dec 27, 2012
    Pros: stunning visuals, great story and characters, beautiful open world to explore, very satysfying combat.
    Cons: repetitive side missions, crashed a few times.

In short: one of the best games of 2012.
  50. Mar 17, 2013
    This is what I wanted Skyrim to be. A beautiful world to run around in, but with an actually good storyline and a sense of reason for being there. Wandering around hunting or helping others had a point too. Far Cry has previously typically been a tech demo in my mind, so I thought it was overhyped, even after playing through the demo at E3'12. Boy, was I wrong. I'm glad I played through the free copy that came with my video card purchase, it's one of my favourite games of the year. Expand
  51. Dec 9, 2012
    Gra warta wydania 130zł Bardzo dobrze rozwinieta i fajna fabuła.Optymalizacja tej gry troche kuleję ale jak na taki wielki obszar jest dobrze. Za mało jest broni.
  52. Dec 8, 2012
    What a game really, The graph in this game is very impressive, ppl sayin otherwise are ppl whom do not understand what graph means! The Gameplay lets you reach the goal YOUR way!! yes its a very straight forward game, there is a thick red line guiding you. but the means in how you reach the ending, is totally up to you, wanna stealth? okay, wanna blow it all up? ok aswell! and the Scripting in the films/sequences are AMAZING!! wow, the sound, the acting, everything you makes perfect sence when you play it. and the Chararacters in the game are fantastisc, Vass, imean, have you ever met a more nasty villain ever?! THIS is surely a Game Of The Year contender, a fantastisc game no less! all the trollers givin it 0 and 2.. go play pixie games cus thats your level of intelect acording to games! Expand
  53. Jan 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For some reason, this has really drawn a lot of ire. The experience isn't perfect, but it's pretty damned good. People are saying the characters have no depth? Did people completely miss the intro to the game? Did people miss that Vaas was in the game? I haven't seen a performance in a game like that in a long time. Vaas' entire performance right down to the little psychotic manerisms is downright terrifying. My biggest gripe about the story is that he's not around for the whole thing. The other characters are well done, but Vaas steals the show. To think that Michael Mando almost didn't get the part...

I have not tried the multiplayer and have completed about 75% of the single player content. Overall it's a solid experience. The development of Jason's character from a California boy, whimpering and trembling when he sees his brother take a life, then turned to a hardened jungle warrior is really good. Rather than being thrown into hostile territory and becoming a badass merc instantly, you transform into it. The graphics, guns, shooting, driving, sounds are all top notch.

No, it's not perfect. The pretty graphics will take a beast of a machine to maintain playable FPS. I run a 2500k @ 4.5ghz with Crossfire 6950 GPUs. It runs well for me, but there are glitches and hiccups. Sometimes the enemy AI will pull stupid moves, like tossing a molotov at a tiger that's in melee range and burning themselves to death (those guys ARE tanked though, so maybe it makes sense...). Before you get the reduced fall damage perk, trips down steep slopes will hurt you more than they probably should. Getting swarmed by a bunch of guys in melee range usually results in inescapable death. That's frustrating, but at least it's realistic. IRL if you're surrounded 4:1 and get knocked to the ground, you probably aren't walking away. The enemy is suspiciously accurate with their grenade tosses. Some of the side activities are hammy. Some of Jason's dialog is way overdone.

Ultimately those are minor complaints. Overall, the experience is much improved from Far Cry 2. No more endless, unavoidable patrols on the roads. Or checkpoints that seem to respawn within seconds. Again, things aren't perfect. The first aid animations are well done but greatly reduced in variety from Far Cry 2. I almost wish they had kept the same number of animations and possibly added the new ones instead of using the syringe healing again. You can't sleep. This was good in Far Cry 2 so you could approach objectives under cover of night. Not so here.

The unlocks, side missions, and treasure items offer plenty for completionist players, while also showing you some cool out-of-the-way areas on the island that you might otherwise miss. The Trials of the Rakyat have some decent variety of scenarios and you can compete for the high score against other players. The little bits of humor are great. There's nothing like sneaking up on a pirate who says to himself "Oh this **** heat...someone just shoot me!" and taking his wig off with a silenced pistol.

From what I've seen of the multiplayer, it's good, not great. It basically looks like any other multiplayer FPS out there.

Overall, this is a great game with a lot to offer. A single playthrough was worth the price, and it will definitely get played again. I hope if another Far Cry is made, it meets and exceeds the bar set here.
  54. Dec 20, 2012
    Great game give me almost everythingI want in a sandbox adventure. The history are very well written, the scenariosare beautiful and dinamics, chase animals are great, the gunfight its solid, only the stealth are not perfect, but ok. The games could be better, of course, but for me, in 2012, is the best FPS over the year
  55. Dec 4, 2012
    It has been a very long time since I had so much fun with a game without having to play multiplayer (usually all the real content of most games nowadays lies in multiplayer).
    First off it's a splendid and gorgeous game, especially on PC. The amount of detail and polish is very impressive on such a large scale FPS. The best thing about it is that it is consistent - the game looks just as
    good everywhere, which is a very nice and unexpected thing in a game of this magnitutde. For example in other games of this caliber you will see low quality textures here and there, some glitches and inconsistencies (especially in the Assassin's Creed series) - but not here.
    Another good thing about this game is the amount of freedom you are given to approach said objective. Sure there are a couple of story missions that are kind of linear or restrictive, but other than that it's all up to you. Do you like to make a noisy entrance into the enemy base, without knowing where the enemies are, spray-and-praying Call of Duty style? Go ahead. Do you like to stalk your prey and make a plan and try to keep to it as you silently pick them off with your silenced sniper or trusty bow? You can do that. Or maybe baiting your enemies while you sneak into their base, plant a mine near every alarm and next time they see you BOOM! Or maybe let that leopard trapped in that cage do the job for you. Done! You have so many options it can be overwhelming at times. Most AAA RPGs that are released now and boast with their freedom of choice don't even come close to this game.
    Speaking of RPGs, this game also tries to borrow some elements: you have crafting (but more on this later) and 3 different skill-trees that as you unlock skills in them, tattoos appear on your forearm *or Tataus like they are called here*. But ultimately it isn't that well done as in traditional RPGs.
    Crafting in this game is essential and really makes you want to go hunt or gather ingredients for syringes that beside healing you can grant you some neat abilities (the ability to sense the animals around you or repel predators, etc)
    As for the animals, this is where the game does a VERY good job. There are two types of animals: carnivores and herbivores. Predators and prey. Wherever you go chances are you will see leopards chasing deer, tigers hunting buffalos, sharks eating tortoises, bears assaulting villagers etc. It feels very organic, natural and chaotic as well. These animals can make your life very hard - like surveying an enemy outpost only to find yourself attacked by a tiger, thus drawing enemy attention and realizing there are 4 times more enemy troops now. Or making a run for it and having to cross a river only to be assaulted by a crocodile and dragged underwater as soon you dive into the river. Splendid!
    Now for the story - it is quite interesting as you progress and see Jason slowly changing as a person, lowering himself to Vaas's level. Speaking of Vaas, he is a very good character and a lot of people have compared him to Heath Ledger's joker. You can clearly see the amount of effort Michael Mando (his voice actor) put into him.
    I loved the creepy quotes from Alice in Wonderland appearing between chapters, which to some can seem out of place - but trust me, they fit perfectly.
    Besides the main missions there are plenty of activities ranging from hunting special animals with a specific weapon to races and mini games - Machinima have compared Far Cry 3 to Skyrim and rightfully so.
    There is also a Coop mode and Multiplayer but the real star here is the Singleplayer mode which is both hard and rewarding.
    The one thing that got on my nerves was that your character is supposed to be a town-raised douchebag with no real experience handling weapons - but still he can use a sniper rifle with great accuracy as soon as he touches it. One thing they could have done to fix this would have been to bring back the gun damage from Far Cry 2 - at first guns would jam while you fire them, and as you kill more people you "learn" how to stop this from happening and progressively disappear.
    But they had to cater to the casual players who complained about this mechanic making Far Cry 2 too hard.
    In conclusion my recommendation would be to buy this game, ESPECIALLY if you like first person shooters. It has a solid multiplayer mode and high replay value singleplayer.
  56. Sep 27, 2013
    This game is at best, average. The side missions are dumb. You have all these kinds of guns but you are limited to using a knife on missions. Each outpost you must liberate are basically the same. 4 enemies, kill them all then it's yours. It gets pretty repetitive. Not to mention that there is no point in exploration in this game. Once you are done in an area, there's no point in going back to it, because it will stay that way the entire game, it will not be re-conquered by bad guys or some other scenario, it's very static, not a dynamic world.
    It would have been more interesting if there's constant fighting between the rebels and the pirates, where you could jump in and be the difference maker, but there is no such thing in Farcry 3.
    It's a single play-through game that's not worth 60 bucks retail.
    I would not advise in getting the mods for this game as many of those things replace binaries, which could be a carrier for a trojan virus. Mods are done by strangers, not an official company.
  57. Dec 25, 2013
    I originally wrote a terrible review for this game and frankly I am embarrassed by it. Once I took the time to learn the game and put thought into surviving in this amazing world, I realized that it is a true gem. Everything about it is perfection; the missions are fun and creative, the environment is beautiful and alive, and the hunting and foraging for the items you need to craft is brilliant. It is an environment that you can spend nearly endless time exploring and enjoying, whether it's daytime or nighttime or during inclement weather, this dynamic land will keep you engaged. This game takes the best elements of (the nearly good game) Far Cry 2 and perfects the experience. If you like open world sandbox games then you need to play this. Expand
  58. Dec 22, 2012
    I have to admit, the intro and beginning blew me away. The game was pretty, the cinematics were great and the game felt free and fun BUT after 10-15 hours later i find the game virtually boring and unplayable WHY? It's downright repetitive and enemies and wildlife spawn randomly, so the triumph of clearing an area is not there as they will just respawn with time. Crafting was cool at first, but all you really need is some baggage and then you are done with it. Loot boxes are scattered randomly over the map, but loot is not worth much as you acquire guns for free as you progress anyway. Vehicles are all over the place, etc etc. Basically everything is just randomly positioned around and it's the same wherever you go. The missions are completely boring. The best thing about the game is the cutscenes and character models. Expand
  59. Feb 22, 2014
    I liked this game better then Far Cry 2, Far Cry 2 was too repetitive always the same situation shoot the truck over and over, even though this game was still repetitive it wasn't as bad as Far Cry 2. Pros *Graphics were good, jungle looked realistic (if a little too bright) *I liked the skill system *Good music *Nice variety of weapons shooting the animals in cages to kill off the enemy's was enjoyable

Cons
    repetitive
    annoying animal quick time events
    game too short just 10 hours
    long bosses left me feeling sea sick
    the plane part where they attack from all sides was too difficult
    lastly animals taking 2 full magazines to kill even if aimed directly at their head was way too unrealistic

I rate this a 5
  60. Feb 28, 2014
    Far Cry 4 got me hooked, great graphics and gameplay, absolutely no crashed or stuff ups and good value for money too. Unlike it's predecessor I found myself more involved with the game, the story and characters. The side quests were a waste of time for me anyway which lets it down.

9/10 Rubber cookies.
  61. Jan 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What can be said about this game that has not already been said? It has pleasant graphics and allows you the ability to explore a world. Doing side quests are actually beneficial, such as activating radio towers to unlock weapons for free. Also the atmosphere in the game is great.

Unfortunately, the flaws are glaring. Looting seems to be affected by placement often. Good luck skinning that animal as it slowly rolls downhill. Special takedowns seem to be random at times. While the game offers rewards for being stealthy, it often seems the rewards are a pittance. A little extra experience for being silent, great. Perhaps the main reason to bother with stealth is you will likely die if you do not.

The plot overall is good with interesting twists. Some predictable, some unexpected. The development of relationships with jason and other characters is quite poor. In fact, it's atrocious. The biographies lend some help, but there is still quite the gap between wanting to save your friends and then wanting to kill them all after you just ran around the island risking your life to find your little brother.

Even worse are the endings. Maybe the same group of people are writing the endings to big franchise games lately. If so, they should be fired with extreme prejudice. While the endings in this game aren't nearly as bad as say mass effect 3, they are still slipshod at best. If you choose to save your friends, citra goes on about loving you and ends up dead. Then you get a monologue about jason realising he has become a monster but knowing he is something better. Nothing from your friends. Nothing from Liza, the woman you had up until recently cared significantly for.

If you choose to stay with citra, your friends die, including your little brother who you just risked your life over several times (and even lost a finger) to save. It gets better. Then you have sex with her and she kills you out of "love." I'll admit my culture and world view may be different, but I don't invoke "love" as a reason I kill someone.

The bottom line from me is this game offers some good things but is largely hindered by its own story plot. I found myself indifferent to the menu. Overall, I found myself asking questions that had no answers.
  62. Mar 5, 2013
    In summary: fun to begin with, but a weak story, repetitive gameplay, weak AI, lack of challenge, very average multiplayer (too COD) and lack of replayability mean that for me this game is far from a classic.

While this game improves on many of its predecessor’s flaws (eg, no more constantly respawning outposts), in my opinion it doesn’t live up to the hype and almost universal praise
    it has been receiving. For all its pretensions the storyline is pretty weak/clichéd and the characters very one dimensional, though very well acted. And it effectively hits a cul-de-sac when you reach the 2nd island. Jason is supposed to be a green, ordinary guy (as we are constantly reminded), but within half-an-hour he is proficient in a range of firearms, explosives, using a bow, stealth killing, making drugs, etc. It doesn’t work as a story. I thought the relationship between Jason and Vaas was interesting, but it wasn’t developed enough. And how many times can Vaas kill you without watching, only for you to escape? And the final confrontation with Vaas was a big anti-climax. I also found the “choose an ending” contrived and uninteresting.

Yes it’s a truly open world shooter and the environments are well realised, yet there is little variation across the terrain. And while the graphics are mostly very good, the ambient occlusion looks horrible, some of the textures a little muddy and there is far too much use of blurring effects (especially the DOF). And I found a bit of variety in the quality of the sound effects.

The gameplay is fun to begin with but quickly gets repetitive, and by the 2nd island I was bored. The many outposts are far too similar, the pirates/privateers not particularly intelligent and too unvaried, the story missions are uninspired and the game is too easy.

I gave the multiplayer a few hours, but it’s fairly average and borrows heavily from COD without improving upon it.
  63. Jan 11, 2013
    Remember when Half Life came out and blew everything away.... well that's Far Cry 3 but it's the year 2012. If you ever played Far Cry 1 or 2 then you will quickly realize that the developers took all the best parts and put it into Far Cry 3 plus more. 10 stars. Game of the year.
  64. Dec 4, 2012
    Best game of this year, nuff said. And no, I'm not a fanboy. What can I say, it's a truly epic game with a great and intense story that is both dark and engagingly emotional. The graphics on consoles and on PC are both superb and one of the best looking game of this generation. Brian Tyler is the composer of the game's soundtrack, and to be honest, it's eargasmic. I love the soundtracks a lot and it also fits well with every scene. The gameplay is smooth compared to Far Cry 2. There's a lot of content and the map editor has seen some huge improvements! Expand
  65. Dec 27, 2012
    Far Cry 3 is absolutely amazing, the only thing preventing me from giving it a 10 was the ending and the boss encounters. Visually the game is very impressive and I loved the jungle setting. The gameplay was great and there is so much to do, by the time I had completed the story and all the extras I spent 30+ hours playing it. It's the best FPS I have played in years and I would recommend it to anybody. Expand
  66. Dec 14, 2012
    The game is so fun, it could be the game of the year for me. But it isn't, for a one clearly understandable mistake. Matchmaking. The matchmaking is so fudged up, you barely can join a game and have fun, and if you manage to join, there's a 30% chance of getting the message "Migration of Host in progress" and then you mostly lose connection to host. But let's go back to singleplayer. You start off as a teenager when you get captured and you need to save your friends. The story isn't the greatest, but the gameplay covers any possible aspect of the game and you feel like you just have to play on and on and on. I recommend this to anyone who likes sandbox games, first-person shooters or even adventure games. Not complaining about the graphics, which are nice, but it looks a bit cartoonish in it's own way. Expand
  67. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game does one thing well: illustrates the corruption in the next generation of so-called game reviewers- the ones who grew up doing this instead of being accomplished in other things who reviewed games on the side. Considering how bad farcry 2 was and how 3 simply expanded upon this 'badness,' I was amazed to read what was a lucy in the sky with diamonds series of reviews of this game.
    Plot unengaging & full of racial stereotypes (from great white hunter to evil black men thugs/pirates, but amusingly all the mercenaries are whitish) where the open world rules only apply to running around skinning animals and finding trinkets. Each actual mission to progress the story line, if you look at level design forces you to play it linearly. I guess someone had read King Solomon's mines and decided to rip off the idea of, 'Africa will not let me die,' concept and apply it to the great white hype that is Jason Brody. The rapid transition from worthless vacation yuppie to immediately perfectly aiming skills, deftly dispatching island warriors is implausible - even if the fear of boring the target audience pushes the game in this direction. The scenes of love making are not love making, it is rape. You are being raped by Citra while intoxicated on magic juice- this in itself should raise red flags.
    The butchery nonsensically of animals is pitiful and teaches only wastefulness to the young gamer- and it gives no real knowledge of how much work is involved in crafting items from animal hide- at least simply bring it to a native to do it for you...
    There should have been a stricter age restriction on this game for language, sex, nudity wanton violence, grey characters with no real sense of good or evil, simply self-serving motivations. Self regulation is not this industry's strong suit, but if you hand over to young minded people the ability to ambivalently murder villagers, the Rakyat (useless savages) and the pirates/mercenaries and then glorify the concept of revenge and celebrate tattooing your body parts as a sign of culture- then you have made your target audience dumber and even more morally ambiguous.

The ending, if you choose to save your friends, has a lie for a statement - again self serving- Jason Brody is given a blank check for all the evil he has done by justifying it by saying he is still good inside- allegory...

There is one saving grace- you can build up your character without even doing a single mission, then fly through the whole game- just go rescue all outposts, radio towers, do those side missions quickly, then run around with a flamethrower, grenade launcher, lmg and smg. You will be unstoppable.

AI: the game designers need to go back and review far cry 1, fear 1, half life 1, system shock 2- and start from scratch- far cry 3, with its 'open world' characters (there are only like, 5 models of natives, 3 of pirates, and so on- yay open world, surrounded by a group of the same faces forever) seems to be thwarted by the most inconvenient of obstacles- walls. A wall and you and the enemy is stopped cold. Either they pull cover right in front of you, get stuck inside a building, or run out in the open firing randomly at you on the hardest difficulty and this is to be assumed great game play...
  68. Dec 23, 2012

69. Dec 24, 2012
    A thrilling adventure from start to end, Far Cry 3 is as deep as the holes you'll be exploring. Far Cry 3; like it's predecessors puts you on an island and asks you to do pretty outrageous things in an effort to save your friends, and yourself, from the pirates and kidnappers of the island. Far Cry 3 adds more to the game in the form of quests and keeps the plot moving with the introduction of a more focused story element which has NPCs popping in and out of Jason's life. There is plenty to explore, and I find that it has a nice pace to it. Each part of the map requires you to take over a Radio Tower, which reveals part of the map. This encourages you to both explore, and to spend your time in a fixed area, insuring you aren't overwhelmed such as games like Just Cause 2, where the game world is so large you lose interest. There are a great number of vehicles and weapons in Far Cry 3. You don't feel like you need to farm money, or spend a great deal of time hunting vehicles. Guns can be earned for free by simply taking over radio towers, and special; more powerful weaponry can appear by collecting the various artifacts scattered all over the island. The story is interesting, but you need to approach it with an open mind, because there's more than meets the eye, and the island is quite alive with various wildlife all over, from birds to tigers; if you're not stalking it, it's stalking you. Simply put, Far Cry 3 is entertaining and fun, and you will have lots to do and enjoy doing it. Expand
  70. Dec 31, 2012
    Okay this game is amazing probably in my top 10 this year. The visuals are great the game play great even the characters are great.This a game i would have even bought on release.
  71. Jan 6, 2013
    Very solid 8 pushing into a 9. The world is amazing... nay, incredible... no scratch that, phenomenal! Such a beautifully polished looking game will drop your jaw the moment you step foot on the island. The story is engaging, and interesting, which is rare for an RPG nontheless a shooter! You immediately feel in danger when you explore the wilderness, as death is always close. The emotions the game evokes goes a long way to create a lasting experience.

From a shooter perspective, the gun play has its strengths and weaknesses. The weapons look beautiful, and sound equally so, but to those accustomed to more realistic games, be prepared to take an arcade style back seat. There is an added element of stealth, surprise, and AI hunting dynamic that make gunfights fresh and infinitely creative.

From an RPG perspective, the leveling system does afford some very useful extra skills that give very distinct advantages on the battlefield. The crafting system is really only a matter of collecting items and clicking a button, so don't expect much there.

Far Cry 3 set their bar incredibly high, and it feels as if they hit almost all the marks. What you will quickly find after a few hours of game play is that once the surface polish wears off, you see a fairly repetitive game play. It is a large open world, and might give the impression that it wants you to treat it as a sandbox exploring as you see fit, but this is where it falls a little short. Progression in the game is much of the same old, same old, with a couple twists and turns: go to pirate area, clear radio tower, clear the related outpost, do a bounty or hunter quest, collect items, and rinse and repeat just a little more east of here.

The first 10 hours of gameplay lends a truly eye-opening, grand experience. And when the grind sets in shortly after, you can break the monotony by choosing different weapon load outs of variety and challenge. The beauty of this game alone would be enough to get me back to play it every once in awhile, a great buy.
  72. Jan 21, 2013
    An entertaining and well constructed open-world shooter, but it falls short in the same areas many games in this genre do. The guns feel great and the action is exciting and fast paced. Sneaking around and picking off the guards is a blast. If sneaking isn't your thing, then go in guns blazing or drive your vehicle covered in C4 into an outpost. Unfortunately, these options begin to play out the same after many encounters. There are other various side missions including assassinations, racing, hunting, and bar games. These provide plenty of time killing and offer upgrades to your weapons or strengths. The RPG piece of character growth is simple and suffices for the tasks at hand. This game will help play out an average story line. It's unlikely that someone will enjoy finishing 100% because everything gets very repetitive. All the camps are the same and the side missions are basically repeated over and over. In the end, it's a worthwhile gaming experience and provides a fun experience. Expand
  73. Jan 31, 2013
    I got this game recently for my birthday and I've been loving every minute of it. The story has depth, stealth mechanics are brilliant, built-in cover system is fantastic. The game is visually stunning, making anything from cave exploration to hang gliding an incredible experience. I liked that taking over the outposts was fun, that you could do it however you wanted, whether it be rushing in guns blazing (which will result in reinforcements and maybe death) or sneak in, disable the alarm, not a sound. I am glad it's back to the island environment as I hugely enjoyed Far Cry 1. In conclusion, this game is easily worth its price on steam. Or anywhere! Expand
  74. Feb 12, 2013
    This game had quite a lot of promise, but unfortunately I feel it makes the same mistakes many other sandbox RPG's make, namely the lack of serious content. The worst thing about this game, which, in our modern era of gaming we should be far beyond, and that is the repetitive filler side quests. No thought seems to have been put into them at all. Far cry is the first game I've ever actually given up finishing the side content because after the first 5 minutes of it I've already experienced the rest of the side content. The story line is a bit unbelievable but bearable, except for the strange endings. I would prefer the game over similar titles like assassins creed 3 (which far cry 3 has appropriated many many features from), the crafting system is a little bit tedious. While far cry was a fun experience, it certainly isn't anything unique, i don't see the appeal that the critics saw in this game, seems to be more of the same in my eyes. Expand
  75. Apr 4, 2013
    Great game all around. Loved it. Combat was well rounded. I can sneak into an enemy camp and murder them all quietly or set it on fire and go in guns ablaze. Hunting was fun and challenging. Graphics were great as well. A recommended buy.
  76. Feb 16, 2013
    Before I start my review, I'll say I had previously played only the first Far Cry. I picked up this game for 20 euros on ebay a few days after its release and I'm really glad I did. The game is just pure fun, exploring the open world is amazing and the AI is good enough to make you feel part of the game. The plot is nothing great but the story missions are enjoyable. Some of the characters will really make an impact on the player (for example Vaas and the doctor) while others are forgettable (like Jason's friends). One of the things I absolutely loved about the game is the fact that you can play it your way. Want to be Rambo? You can. Want to be stealthy? You can. Liberating the outposts without being detected was a real challenge, a lot of fun and rewarding. One of my complaints is that, after you conquered the whole island, pirates won't show up often enough.
    The MP is quite good, maybe a bit too CoD-like but still enjoyable. The map editor is also a great feature. The graphics are simply amazing and the animations are incredible. If I had to give a fair rating I'd probably give it an 8, but since I had so much fun with the game I'll rate it 9. I'd say it's worth your money, even at full price.
  77. Mar 31, 2013
    This game had many many great things going for it, and friends as well as many of you here in the reviews recommended it and praised it. But sadly, as much as I tried to enjoy it, it really felt sub-par. I have a decently well made computer and even on low I had enough lag to make game play annoying, not a game to get if your computer cannot handle Skyrim even. I liked the story up until I decided I was done with it, and I thought the ta-tau was an interesting addition. I wish Ubisoft would have optimized their game better, when I opened the game for the first time I got a wave of lag and terrible graphics, I think I spent around an hour google-ing ways to fix graphical issues and screen tears, and tuning the sensitivity and such to an acceptable level. Now after all of this I had bought this game to play with a friend first and do the solo campaign, well, solo. That was not going to happen, friends couldn't connect to me, even the slightest, all 3 of my friends were completely unable to connect to my match, even after a lot of forum reading and such no results were produced. Now all of this is pretty bad but on top of that I had to deal with U-play and Steam both running on the same game, for the love of all that is sacred what was that!? I took a lot of time to sign up before I could play after paying 60$. As if that wasn't bad enough I get in game and immediately get spammed by tutorials so much so that I just felt overwhelmed. I really think this game could have been better with a little more effort on the side of the publishing and optimization of Far cry 3, but alas it was too tarnished by my experience for me to be able to look past it's flaws. Expand
  78. Mar 27, 2013
    Good trailer,good game but its still one more a weapon just weapon because the weapon store is too small dan far Cry 2 (no offence but its true)good story,good explore like skyrim but its not realy Realistic than Far Cry 2 you heal in far cry 3 is 3 bars its not deal in far cry 2 its just stabilize and with syrettes if character is Good on Far Cry 3 because that Jason Brody has guts to Kill "Did i ever tell you the definition of insanity"(from Indonesia) Expand
  79. Mar 27, 2013
    Leaps and bounds improved over far cry 2. This takes it back to its core of an amazing looking game that is very fun to play. I just built a new PC and what better way to test it out then with a new far cry. I was not disappointed the detail is second to none.
  80. Sep 4, 2013
    A great game and my personal favourite. It did everything that far cry 2 didnt. It is not skyrim with gun it is wayyyyy better. And every mechanick in the game was really good
  81. Oct 25, 2013
    I think this game is one of the best games ever,because this game is really. I like this game ,because here is very nice missions and quality. This game can be the best game of 2012 years.
  82. Nov 17, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played.
    I did not expect it to be so good, I was expecting a linear, boring game play with a predictable ending but it was so good that I will play it again some time in the future.
  83. Jan 10, 2014
    Та же проблема, что и у far cry 2. Быстро надоедает. Нет воздушного транспорта. Да и вообще военной техники. Только джипы и лодки с пулеметами. Как по мне, так бред. разве, что графика красивая. За это 3.
  84. Feb 20, 2014
    As a fat gay dad, I really enjoyed this game. The weapons are varied and the stealth is well realised. You can run over wildlife in this game. No penises or obese women.
  85. Mar 19, 2014
    It does nothing you haven't seen in 1000 other Games already! And I'm so sick of always the same crap only with a ne environment and new people! It's not an 0 but the score is definitely to high!! It has amazing grafics, but the boring gameplay ruins that all! All you do in quests is shoot yourself through dozens of ever the same (lame!) enemys, defend a position when a partner is working and take the nearest car and drive somewhere!! Expand
  86. Jan 2, 2013
    Far Cry 2 was far from a perfect game, but I
  87. Dax
    Dec 20, 2012
    I played this game for 2/3 days, just running and shooting and base-jumping. I like the story and graphics. It's one big awesome action movie adventure.
    The game play is also very good for a shooter. I do think it is a shame that they made this game so easy. I play every game on the hardest settings, because the game will last longer and gives you all it has got. Even though I played it
    on the hardest difficulty, it was too easy. Another thing I do not like it that the game stops and gives you nothing to shoot any more. I completed all the assignments and then the game is just a big world with good guys.. so you start killing the good guys after a while.

After all: It is worth you money, it is worth your time and when I upgrade my computer, the game will be even more awesome, because the graphics are absolutely gorgeous.
  88. Dec 4, 2012
    (Note: I'm in Europe, I've had this game since Nov 29th) I think this is the first game this year to not disappoint me. I was a semi-fan of Far Cry 2 - it was almost a good game, but some unfortunately game-breaking bugs, such as the quickly respawning enemies and broken stealth elements, kept it from reaching its potential and could unfortunately not be modded away. I had high hopes that Far Cry 3 would fix these mistakes while keeping the open gameplay and solid shooter mechanics. It has. Far Cry 3 starts you off as a regular Joe who's never killed anyone before, and forces him to become a killing machine in order to save his friends and two brothers. This story is nice enough, but doesn't explain how Jason - that's you - becomes the world's foremost assassin in a couple of days, so Ubisoft apparently felt the need to add some voodoo magic to explain this. I'm not too sure about this design decisions, which also leads to some, in my opinion, bad story elements, but I suppose it works well enough to keep you interested. The gameplay is absolutely great, letting you freely choose stealth or gung-ho gunning in almost every situation, and particularly the stealth gameplay is some of the best I've seen yet, and it's my favourite genre. Like in Far Cry 2 you are encouraged to scout enemy positions before attacking, and your (admittedly unrealistic and unexplained) zoom-lens camera can tag enemies for you, letting you know their positions in realtime when you move in. If you go the stealth-route you can then choose to dispatch your enemies either with your machete, which will give an XP bonus (yes, the game has RPG elements that also work great), or with any number of silenced weapons, not least of which a bow. If you go with the machete, a skill upgrade will also allow you to drag away the bodies, so your enemies won't find them and raise the alarm. If you clear an enemy outpost silently, you get triple the XP on top of the satisfaction.

Graphics are of course as excellent as you'd expect from a Far Cry game, and the island is huge (but don't worry, you can fast travel) and looks absolutely stunning, with extreme view range even on the lowest settings. Though I have to say I miss the African savannah setting from FC2, which has now been replaced with a more commonly seen South-east Asian jungle island.

Unfortunately there are a few things I don't like so much, that prevent it from getting a perfect 10. One of the things, which may seem minor, is that the game constantly reminds you to go to your next main mission with a box on screen and a thumping sound. That's extremely annoying when on a side mission, as even after many hours of gameplay, I think I've been discovered or something when the sound plays. The story has clearly taken quite a few hints from COD, and incidentally they're the parts I like the least. The side missions are still very repetitive and don't feel natural. The hunting gameplay, which starts out very rewarding, becomes completely pointless fairly quickly, when you've upgraded what you want. Why not make pelts worth some decent money at least? I can get more from searching one enemy corpse than by selling a tiger skin. I'm also not too crazy about most of the skills being locked for the first half or so of the game. I think it should be limited by XP levels alone. There are also a few inconsistencies in the gameplay, such as enemies sometimes hearing you throw a knife and sometimes not, and the takedown button (one hit kill with machete) sometimes not working, making you just slash an enemy instead, which alerts the others. Really annoying when you're going for that undetected bonus. But none of this is enough to ruin my enjoyment of what really is a great game.
  89. Feb 5, 2013
    Insanely good game, 2012 GOTY for sure and best single-player game I've played in years. Awesome sandbox with a STRONG narrative when you choose to pursue it great characters, some nice twists and violent on some deep, disturbing levels.
  90. Sep 12, 2013
    I can't really judge the content, i couldn't go far enough. The game is so bugged i raged quit. My PC is well above recommend hardware but i still experienced constant stuttering even on low settings. The stuttering is not the only anoyance you get stuck in stairs and doors; you have to jump through some of them
  91. Dec 24, 2012
    What's all the hype about? Boring, Stupid A.I and yes! another broken console port. The game has been broken since release with a micro stutter that nvidia and amd users are both experiencing. My guess is, ubisoft won't even bother to fix it, why break with tradition, right ubisoft?? I quit playing half way through the first island, I couldn't take it anymore. Ubisoft continues their tradition of releasing broken games with this disaster. Aside from the broken port, it's just not fun - Bad A.I, and just a piss poor implementation of an open world game. Pass on this game, until you can get it for 5 bucks at a garage sale. Expand
  92. Sep 27, 2013
    A great game that checks all the right boxes. Finished it as of tonight and although I took my time, it's worth it. Some say the story was cliche and cheesy but it felt like a good fit for the game. It was not the best as it was repetitive, but so are all Far Cry games to a great degree. If you want to play a shooter with a good story tons of action and takes some time to finish, pick it up.
  93. Nov 20, 2013
    Amazing game, has everything going for, great gameplay, great story, great graphics, you can't go wrong here. AI may not be the best but is not bad either. Overall this was a great experience that every real gamer should play.
  94. Mar 6, 2013
    What happens when you combine the games Uncharted, Call of Duty and Fallout? You get Far Cry III. This game is loads of fun. Good shooter mechanics in an open world game with platforming dungeons and puzzles.
  95. Dec 5, 2012
    Let's start off with the multiplayer-aspect. The guns all feel the same. What I mean by that is that it feels as if they've all got the same recoil and there doesnt seem to be any bulletdrop. You learn that one recoil and then you can adjust your aim to it no matter if you're using the heavy mg or a pistol. Other than that all the maps are basicly the same. There's like a hotzone in the middle and you can run around it - there it is. When a match is over and you're the best player on the winning team you can decide to either punish or spare the best player in the opposing team. That's about the only cool thing with the multiplayer-part. I'd sum it up as a **** clone of Call of duty-multiplayer - and im not even a call of duty fanboy. The single player was pretty fun when I started. The story was compelling enough for me to get interested in the antagonist and the main character (yourself) but once you got out of that first "zone" it all got worse. I thought that the survival-aspect seemed cool in trailers. But that was because I expected that the main character would have to collect eatable plants, hunt animals etc in order to survive. But nope. That's all part of some weird and huge unlock-system. You can make a backpack out of 2 X meat from animal Y. That animal is marked on your minimap so there's no way that you can miss it. The same goes for all the plants. Just look at your minimap and all you need to do is go there. It's an open world but since EVERYTHING is marked on the map it feels as if everything is already explored. You already know where everything is so there's close to no exploring. Sure, you can climb up a radiotower and the hotspots will become even more apparent to you (they actually show you how the place looks from an angle, instead of just the marked spot).

And if that wasnt enough the AI is beyond stupid. You can throw rocks to distract the AI, you've got an infinite amount of rocks and you can do it a billion times. Each time the AI goes "WHAT WAS THAT?!", each time just as surprised as the previous time you did it. Their reactiontimes also seem to be really slow. They aim at you and after about 5 seconds they start shooting. I guess this is some setting that would help console-players to kill their enemies fast enough but on a PC it's incredibly easy to get the kill before they actually start shooting.

Eventually the story just spins into a cliché and I totally lost interest. Stopped playing after about two hours of playtime. I doubt I will play it again. The co-op was repetative and easy (on the hardest difficulty). The co-op is not like single player. You're on a rail on one specific "mission" at a time. It's not even a story, you go get a bomb, place it and then you go to spot X. Mission complete and you go back to the lobby. All in all a really crappy game. It gets 2 because the voiceacting was better than average.
  96. Mar 3, 2013
    Awesome game, Love the story, graphics, Atmosphere, Open World which has quests like mmorpg, skill tree system, customizing weapons, general smoothness of gameplay its ecellent, ty very much Ubisoft Montreal. PS: Musics too i listen to it every now and than and it never bores.
  97. Mar 2, 2013
    I went into this game expecting some mindless entertainment, and was completely caught off guard. The Rook islands are gorgeous and full of places to explore, contain a wealth of semi-enjoyable side missions to complete, and serve as a contrast for the ugly brutality that goes on within them. The characters, save for Jason Brody, aren't terribly interesting and are very one-note, and dialogue is at times cringe-worthy. Combat is exceptionally fun, and is very easy for the player to tailor to fit their style of play. But, in my opinion, Jason Brody's story is where Ubisoft Montreal knocked it out of the park. Throughout the game you'll be shown quotes from Alice's Adventure in Wonderland, which is a fitting parallel for the story of Far Cry 3. Jason Brody is transformed by the islands, and savage characters he's forced to deal with. The ending did a very good job of showing this off, and left me wondering how I was ever put in such a mad situation. Easily one my favorite games of last year, only hindered by some minor quibbles. If you're on the fence about this game, I'd say give it a shot it might impress you like it did me. Expand
  98. Dec 6, 2012
    In reality I'd rather rate this 7.5, but it's enjoyable enough that I wont give it just a 7. First I must say the game looks very good on PC, I run it on ultra settings and it is very nice, though the occasional artifact or unusual glare effect or texture loading comes up. For a first person shooter, of which I'm not a big fan, it is very enjoyable, the story is a bit cliche, but it's fun to work your way through it (thus far 15 hours in). The sound is good and the voice acting is pretty good. Though the enemy AI is somewhat bad, I think it's unfair to lower the rating given the scope of the game, and the weakness is less apparent in animal AI (all but 2 of my deaths where from sneaky jungle cats, and a crocodile.)
    The flaws in the the game are few, but annoying enough to bring my score down. First the menu system is clearly a port from the counsel and is a bit annoying, having to double click every selection is minor, but it's unusual for me on PC. One thing that bugged me, but once again is somewhat understandable as it is just a game is the head shot I put on a tiger failed to kill it, or even make it break from it's b-line toward me, I find that a bit ridiculous, as heads hots from rifles insta kill enemies personnel. As is usually the case in a game with a lot to do, it's a lot of the same, and the side quests are not varied all that much. Another review touched on this as well, the map has everything marked, so there is no sense of accomplishment from exploring this world, go to a tower and unlock the locations of everything. All you have to do is figure out where the entrance to a cave or temple is.
    Over all though the game is great of fun, and the story though not original is entertaining. With good graphics, and voice work, and a ton of options for weapons. I have not played multi-player yet, so that is not reflected in my rating.
  99. Dec 7, 2012
    My Game of the Year! A must buy for RPG and FPS fans- huge open world that feels very alive, tons of customization , open-ended game play decisions...
  100. Dec 17, 2012
    After finishing the game I can say, it was enough entertaining to keep me playing but I cant say I was enjoying it. Sometimes it was extremely frustrating, especially when trying to capture outposts through stealth and godlike sight of guards, who spotted me in bushes, 200 yards far in the middle of the night even though I was using bow or silenced rifle. What I want to say during the game I have experienced few wonderful (few hunting quests, shooting and combat dynamics,..) but plethora of dull, boring, repetitive or annoying moments. Technically the game is also very ambivalent, on one hand you will see beautiful sceneries of an almost photorealistic quality, few yards away you ll hit a disgusting texture of ps1 era. I think this game needed few months of polishing and complete redesign of stealth mechanics and quests. Also change of environment wouldnt harm. During the game I was remembering almost 3 years old Just Cause 2 which looks much more stunning due to its environment complexity (deserts, snow, jungle, cities,...). In Far Cry 3 you have only jungle... In my opinion eurogamer review couldnt be more wrong this time.. Expand
  101. Dec 8, 2012
    Man, I don't know what these negative reviewers expect from games. This game is awesome. The action is awesome, the story is pretty good, the sandbox is great, and I didn't see anything wrong with the animal skin crafting system. Also, I didn't have any problems with the stealth system, at all. It functioned as it should. People complaining about activating towers are just whiny children. It takes about 1 min. to climb and activate them, and receiving guns for it isn't so ridiculous, you have to get them some way, and if you don't like climbing the towers, don't. You can get guns by taking them from enemies as well. And as far as side quests being repetitive, what do you expect, they're side quests. This can be said for most sandbox games out there. You can't expect every side quest, especially in a game with so many of them, to feel like a totally new and original story quest. This is an unrealistic idea. The scripted scenes are fun to play, also. I'm so tired of these people that act like they're such video game connoisseurs, that any one who enjoyed this game is, obviously, a casual gamer. Like they know something about games that we don't. I have a badass gaming rig, and every console as well, hence, I'm a gamer, a serious one. I enjoy all good games on all platforms,pc mostly, but I'm not beyond throwing in that nes classic, and playing for hours. Being so intent to play only one platform doesn't make you a gaming elitist, it makes you a close minded retard. No one I know has played MORE games than me, and I don't see what this hate of consoles is all about. Granted, I do buy every game for PC when I can, but I still buy console exclusives, and enjoy playing them. Get off your high horse, and quit acting like you're so much more of a gamer, it's f$%^ing stupid. People like you are the reason I can't trust these pretentious, official reviewers anymore. Everyone is getting too picky and it makes me sick. The only advice I can give these idiots, is quit expecting every game to be a groundbreaking masterpiece. There is nothing wrong with this game, and it functions exactly how I expected it to. If you like shooters that are open world, and have many side objectives and things to do, you should like this game, unless you're trying to prove how elite and ahead of the gaming curve you are. I could sit here and try to pick apart the game, and point out how certain things could've been handled differently, to be made more difficult for you "elite gamers" out there, but instead, I'm gonna just play the damn game and enjoy it. I wanna see what happens to my friends. Collapse

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013