8.2

1. Feb 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ***SPOILERS****I really cannot understand all the fantastic reviews and hype surrounding this game GOTY?? I sure hope not. It does not deserve that at all. The game was fun at the start but quickly became boring. The side hunting quests are all exactly the same hunt a rare animal or take down an enemy leader with a knife even taking over enemy outposts became pretty much repetitious run in quick, disable the alarm, run back to surrounding foliage and start picking off enemies one by one with sniper rifle too easy. The NPC village quests are just plain laughable why would I care if a husband is cheating on his wife? And then go ask him to stop!

Now I played the PC version and although the cars boats were fun to drive they are very hard to control especially when doing timed races I only finished one race quest of about twenty or so I tried so I gave up on them in frustration. Shooting games were just as hard and I am a crack shot with the sniper rifle! 95% on head shots. Crafting was ok at first but half the potions you don't need or use and you only get two slots for them! Additionally, you quickly fill up your loot sack and wallet and end up dumping stuff constantly even when you finally craft the largest wallet lootsack that's because there really is nothing to buy so there is no point in even having money in this game or collecting loot. All the weapons are yours for free after climbing radio towers (dumb!!). I was buying all the maps and trying to find every single chest in an area for something to do but soon found out I had no more room for money or loot and nothing to spend it on. The only things I was buying after a while were ammo and bullet-proof vest refills so finding loot and cash is pointless. I'm a loot whore this was really disappointing. You really only need a shotgun, sniper rifle and occasionally an assault rifle. Most of the level up skills are crap as well when would you ever shoot anyone while sliding down the zipline??? I've opened up about 15 or so radio towers so far and never once had any enemies attacking me while doing this. Ditto for jumping on them from a cliff top was never possible.

The other thing that bugged the hell out of me was not being able to walk over a doorsill half the time without jumping Jason does not pick up his feet!!! This becomes deadly when trying to walk along narrow planks on radio towers or along 2x4's in a burning temple while you are on a timer!! And I got stuck in caves or temples several times because he could not get over a small rock! Retrieving loot from bodies and hides from animals was frustrating as well as you always have to hunt around for the right position before the words come up to do the action. Half the time I kept exchanging my guns when I didn't want to as well. Very poor mechanic.

Additionally, all the NPC's are the same! Just 1 or 2 different faces and voices I'm getting (or rather 'gitt ing') sick of that 'Austrylian eccent.'

There are fun parts, though my favorite thing is finding a big supply truck and running over pirates while driving or bashing into their jeeps then backing up and doing it over and over till they are all dead!
    Racing the boats around shooting at pirates is fun, too. Komodo dragons are scary as hell and I almost had a heart attack when I saw a crocodile pull a native into the river! Ouch. Deep diving through underwater caves is cool, as well. You will use the deep diving crafting potion alot.

Which reminds me of the poor menu system why do I have to check out every goddam idol in the book every time I find one when they basically are all the same??? Ditto for the memory cards and letters!! And I like to see actual stuff in my lootsack not just some generic black white drawings.

To sum up beautiful scenery and a few exciting moments does not make up for a dumb story, boring quests, bad mechanics, and extremely poor loot, crafting, money and skills system. Also for some reason I had a very hard time with the FPS aspect of this game. Seemed like the camera should be pulled back a little more this could just be because I'm spoiled by Skyrim where you could switch from 1st to 3rd person continuously. Oh well.
  2. Dec 5, 2012
    Far Cry 3 should be considered yet another epic failure (remake) of the second instalment in the series, all I can say is that I would like my money back (not possible) and please stop screwing us over.
  3. Dec 7, 2012
    For me this game is the GotY! Beautiful graphics, smooth gameplay, a lot of things to do, very catchy story, and a lot of hours to play. This is a game that every fan of open world should play, every shooter has to play and every graphics addict will definitely enjoy.
  4. Dec 5, 2012
    I really think that this game is the best shooter ever.Of course they are some points that people can discuss, but the gameplay, the liberty to do whatever you want, makes this game a must have. I never got that feeling in any other shooter. In addition to that it's graphically top notch and I didn't got major bugs. The people having crash and freeze maybe didn't wait for the day oneI really think that this game is the best shooter ever.Of course they are some points that people can discuss, but the gameplay, the liberty to do whatever you want, makes this game a must have. I never got that feeling in any other shooter. In addition to that it's graphically top notch and I didn't got major bugs. The people having crash and freeze maybe didn't wait for the day one patch. Well, I highly recommend this game which let some new way of thinking gaming. Of course if your best game ever player is COD this could be too complicated for you ;) Expand
  5. Dec 24, 2012
    FC3 is along with AC3 the biggest dissappointment in 2012 / 2013, what bothered me the most is that there is no enemy artificical intelligence at all it seems, all the missions must be played exactly as the level designer made it there is nothing individual, if you dont do things exactly as ubi wants you to do it, the mission failes, i recall that even FC2 or FC1 had a better Enemy AI, andFC3 is along with AC3 the biggest dissappointment in 2012 / 2013, what bothered me the most is that there is no enemy artificical intelligence at all it seems, all the missions must be played exactly as the level designer made it there is nothing individual, if you dont do things exactly as ubi wants you to do it, the mission failes, i recall that even FC2 or FC1 had a better Enemy AI, and Level Design, so FC3 looks like a downgrade to me. Sure the GFX are nice, but its no destructable environment like Crysis / BF3 has, so half of the nice GFX arent worth it to begin with. Also the looting, the treasures, the relics, and memory cards are brainless collections, Seems like Ubisoft is gameversions v.3 are worst the gaming world ever seen.
    So as summary, when you can get the game on some sale for 10 - 20 dollars its worth spending it, anything above is a waste of your / my money, cause the overall gameplay of FC3 is more compareable to some Commodore 64 / Atari games what we had like 20 years ago.
  6. Jan 16, 2013
    The game is great, but the constant framerate drops when NOTHING IS HAPPENING ONSCREEN is annoying as all hell. I know i have the recommended requirements because a lot of times where lots of things are happening. i still can run the game at 40-50 fps.
  7. Feb 23, 2013
    Although i don't like modern shooters, this one was better but still not even close for old school shooters. Much better than far cry 2. Animals are fun, but herbage is bit boring in my honest opinion. Also too bright graphics, crysis 1 looks a bit more realistic. View from the cab does not exist too.
  8. Apr 26, 2013
    Really solid game until about half way through when the move happens to the southern island, and at that point the story loses steam. Quite a lot of memorable moments though and one of the best performances by a 'bad guy' in gaming that I can recall.
  9. May 8, 2013
    After useless developer chatter I was finally able to play this game from a Youtube tutorial, because Steam has not updated the U-Play launcher, and you get an unbroken outdated version which does not automatically update. Anyhow, the graphics are stunning and amazing, something rather new in this pixel revival age, and animations are another unsurmountable achievement. Gameplay isAfter useless developer chatter I was finally able to play this game from a Youtube tutorial, because Steam has not updated the U-Play launcher, and you get an unbroken outdated version which does not automatically update. Anyhow, the graphics are stunning and amazing, something rather new in this pixel revival age, and animations are another unsurmountable achievement. Gameplay is mediocre, as far as swinging your machete and going pew-pew goes. However, badass takedowns make up for it, allowing you to instantly kill your enemy in your own brutal fashion. However the game's biggest, by far, flaw, is the story and main questline. Despite it seeming simple: saving your friends from some named Vaas( easily contesting Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2 for best antagonist of the year). However, you get drugged far too often in one of many ways, from a drink to mushrooms. This gets repetitive very quickly, and you can't expect anything. Then you get raped by Citra, the rebel faction's leader, right after (you guessed it) being drugged. It just gets wierder and wierder. The boss battles are short and laughably easy quicktime events, making them lackluster and dull. They also take place while(you guessed it) being drugged, or at least appear to with a black background and dance floor-like ground. Then you meet another ally which is predictably going to die, and he does. Then you meet Hoyt, a far less interesting antagonist, yet still pretty interesting at that. The three bosses in the game are all the said quicktime battles, and all are almost identical. Hoyt also does something pointless when he lops your finger off. The only reason for that is so he could make the "We'll never get married" joke. The missing finger stays for the rest of the game, however little there may be.

Now the multiplayer is a 5 or 6/10 experience.. The Bison rifle remains supreme, doing instant kills wherever they hit, and possessing solid range, making it level-based victory. However, many do not use the weapon surprisingly, making most matches contain mediocre enjoyment. The best part of the whole match is the ending, allowing one team to beat up, murder, injure, or explode the losing side's best member, or be nice and show mercy(Hell no!). My favorite punishment is to do the knife game, and finish by slamming it into their hand. However, this does not make up for the pretty standard gamemodes, unbalanced weapons, and overall disatisfaction I had.

Co-op is above average.It's like Left 4 Dead, except you're killing pirates and privateers and fighting on the island. The random competitions are nice, and I almost always win (except on the sniper one) but still, the open world gameplay is gone, the vehicles, as in the multiplayer, are gone, excluding one competition. I do like that the weapons from co-op and multiplayer are linked, so you get get your weapons in co-op and swing over to multiplayer to kill some people.

Overall, a 8 is my score. 7s, and 9s are understandable in my opinion.
  10. Apr 19, 2013
    This game isn't to be missed, its unlike every other game you have ever played, it combines, story with action, exploration and hunting. The hunting really sets this game apart from other games and adds a new depth. What this has over Far Cry 2 besides the hunting, is a great AI system where you know if people have seen you and you have a bit of time to hide, stay still etc. The vehicles,This game isn't to be missed, its unlike every other game you have ever played, it combines, story with action, exploration and hunting. The hunting really sets this game apart from other games and adds a new depth. What this has over Far Cry 2 besides the hunting, is a great AI system where you know if people have seen you and you have a bit of time to hide, stay still etc. The vehicles, weapons and open world are fantastic, great use of height just like in Just Cause 2.

My only gripes are my favorite character which I wont spoil dies way to early and the game. The game isn't that hard, there should be a hard mode where you can't see shadows behind buildings, this would make it more real life. Additionally the lack of any helicopters or planes to fly around the expansive island can get annoying. A helicopter would have added an extra element.

Overall this is a game not to be missed, one of the top 3 open world games ever made up there with GTA IV & Just Cause 2.
  11. May 1, 2013
    Overall a genuinely good game with a few flaws.

The gameplay was the best aspect of the game to me. They truly made you feel like a scared little in the beginning. I played the game as a "stealthy" player for the most part. Creeping through the jungle listening for wild animal sounds and trying to desperately avoid confrontations in enemy territory was awesome. Enemy patrols respond
    Overall a genuinely good game with a few flaws.

I played the game as a "stealthy" player for the most part. Creeping through the jungle listening for wild animal sounds and trying to desperately avoid confrontations in enemy territory was awesome. Enemy patrols respond to loud noises and gunfire so you had to be on top of things. In addition to that a lot of the jungle creatures were fairly strong.. especially depending on what weapons you brought with you.

By the end you were jumping off cliffs, sprinting through the jungle, had all silenced weapons, and you were doing brutal takedowns like a true psychopath.

I think the crafting system was a nice touch for the first play-through but after that it just became tiring and old.

I do wish there were more skills to choose from in the different trees so that you had to "specialize" in one area over another. Another thing that became annoying was having my skill unlocks tied to the main storyline instead of the amount of experience I had.

The graphics are pretty nice although I've noticed some glitches and random freezes/CTDs that can be very annoying.

The story was fairly mediocre- they did a great job crafting some of the characters and the atmosphere of the island (Vaas, Dennis, Hoyt, Citra and the whole "mystical/voodoo" feel) but then they did a terrible job with tying the ends together.

The boss fights are all laughably horrendous as well.

Overall a good game.
  12. Jun 30, 2013
    I Think it's an interesting game, it is really cool the open world mote, it's just i don't really like the topic of Wild West, well, but in Wild West topic this was the best game i played, crafting and the open world is really cool, the graphics aren't bad at all, I enjoyed the story, the game has some surprises, anyway, the things is, i don't give 10 and 9 to Far Cry 3 because it's good,I Think it's an interesting game, it is really cool the open world mote, it's just i don't really like the topic of Wild West, well, but in Wild West topic this was the best game i played, crafting and the open world is really cool, the graphics aren't bad at all, I enjoyed the story, the game has some surprises, anyway, the things is, i don't give 10 and 9 to Far Cry 3 because it's good, it is a good game, i didn't find any bugs or any bad things in the game even if i was searching, but the game has nothing good so i don't see a reason to give Far Cry 3 a 9 or 10. Expand
  13. Jan 12, 2013
    This game feels and runs like a console port, oh, because it is one.

The multiplayer in this game is peer-to-peer, expect host swapping frequently and lots of latency. Also there's no server browser of evidence of any changes to improve multiplayer in the near future. There's probably not enough people playing the multiplayer for them to even want to support it.
  14. Dec 4, 2012
    This is by far the best FarCry and probably one of the best PC games of the year (My other favorite is Dishonored)! Amazing graphics and a large free-to-roam world. The gun handling is good with lots of guns (many guns are revealed later in the game). The gun sights are a little bit fuzzy in terms of usability, better off sticking with just a red-dot sight. Very good storyline with goodThis is by far the best FarCry and probably one of the best PC games of the year (My other favorite is Dishonored)! Amazing graphics and a large free-to-roam world. The gun handling is good with lots of guns (many guns are revealed later in the game). The gun sights are a little bit fuzzy in terms of usability, better off sticking with just a red-dot sight. Very good storyline with good connections and twists. Stealth is a small problem in the game. You can snipe an enemy a mile away with a silencer in a bush on a mountain and the other enemies immediately know where you are... I mean, they should be alerted about a body, but not immediately shoot back in your direction... BACK ON AN ISLAND and a believeable story, unlike the second FarCry... and the first with too much weird Sci-Fi and monsters... Expand
  15. Dec 8, 2012
    The game starts off amazingly, and sets a tone that wows you and makes you feel like it'll carry on until the very end. Sadly, this only lasts until a quarter of the way through, when the narrative just becomes ludicrous and sloppy, and has you questioning whether or not the writers were also kidnapped alongside your friends. And since all of the mayhem, and the reason for inflicting it,The game starts off amazingly, and sets a tone that wows you and makes you feel like it'll carry on until the very end. Sadly, this only lasts until a quarter of the way through, when the narrative just becomes ludicrous and sloppy, and has you questioning whether or not the writers were also kidnapped alongside your friends. And since all of the mayhem, and the reason for inflicting it, is carried by the story, this is a major eyesore in what is otherwise a very fun, and intense open-world game. I won't spoil anything for you, but let's just say there were many times where I had to just turn my brain off and force myself not to think about what just happened. The characters, and much of the voice acting, however, are top notch. I could write more about the game here, but long Metacritic user reviews look like crap and nobody wants to read a wall of text. So should you play this game? Yes. Absolutely. Just make sure you don't think too hard about it, and also make sure you crank the difficulty all the way, because the game is far too easy even on the highest difficulty. Like a Michael Bay film, Far Cry 3 isn't going to win your heart and stimulate you intellectually, but with the right hardware and a bag of popcorn, it's still a pretty darn good time. And damn if it doesn't have one of the greatest intros to a shooter I've played. Expand
  16. Dec 7, 2012
    I was really excited when this game came out but the end result is a bit of a disappointment. The game starts off with a strong opening scene/mission and the main antagonist is definitely more interesting than most I've seen in releases of late. Whilst I couldn't wait to start roaming around the jungle, this is also where the game fell apart. While at first it's a lot of fun exploring theI was really excited when this game came out but the end result is a bit of a disappointment. The game starts off with a strong opening scene/mission and the main antagonist is definitely more interesting than most I've seen in releases of late. Whilst I couldn't wait to start roaming around the jungle, this is also where the game fell apart. While at first it's a lot of fun exploring the lands, finding an underwater cave by chance and looking for goodies. Soon though, you will have seen enough to really care. This is especially true when you climb radio towers (18 in total that reveal more of the map when you activate them), alongside the bandit camps that need clearing to give you new fast travel/shop/quest outposts. It's highly repetitive, though this is something I can actually live with just fine. Killing relatively dumb NPC's with silenced weapons and the bow, or charging in with an RPG can be rewarding. There are some notable issues that just hurt, if not kill, the gameplay experience. For instance, you can fire a silenced sniper from 200m away and the enemy will run towards the exact location the gun was fired from. What's more that if you get detected, enemies suddenly take less damage from your weapons. A defender (with LMG) type enemy can be killed with a single headshot if he's unaware, this suddenly becomes 3 headshots if he has seen you. The crafting system isn't too bad but it doesn't make sense, why go through 5 wallets that can each hold a bit more money than the last if you could just make the biggest one straight away? That said, how can shark skin be made into a quiver that holds more arrows than 2 goat hides? You also seem to have the ability to slide down a mountain without taking any damage, but if you sprint off a small incline chances are you'll stumble and lose almost a full bar of health. If you get knocked by an enemy and you finish a quick time event to get back up, there won't be enough time to heal before you get finished off. At least let me die straight away and save the time/frustration. The list continues, but it boils down to 'illogical'. Throwing a stone 10 times and getting the same reaction out of the enemy doesn't make sense, he should be aware by the 2nd of 3rd stone something is up. It has fun driving mechanics (not perfect, but better than most games), great gunplay (unlike some others say, each gun does have unique and noticeable characteristics) and the island setting is nice and colorful (color in a modern day fps zomg!). It is simply let down by frustrations that boil down to poor design, hitting you over the head with what's under the hood and slamming you out of the experience. I'm a long way in, the story does go downhill but I still want to find out how it ends. Though I'll only be playing for an hour at a time, mainly due to the fact I'll be ****** over by the game by then due to shoddy mechanics, fail a mission and alt-F4 that sucker out of frustration. Expand
  17. Dec 4, 2012
    Came into this game rather reluctantly not expecting much, but boy was I surprised to find out that this is an awesome game. Firstly, the story, while not oscar worthy, is still fantastic and a breath of fresh air in the midst of tired, redundant modern military shooters. A FPS game with a compelling narrative for once? Yep, I'll take it. Gameplay is where this game truly shines. WellCame into this game rather reluctantly not expecting much, but boy was I surprised to find out that this is an awesome game. Firstly, the story, while not oscar worthy, is still fantastic and a breath of fresh air in the midst of tired, redundant modern military shooters. A FPS game with a compelling narrative for once? Yep, I'll take it. Gameplay is where this game truly shines. Well implemented RPG elements such as upgrading your character via hunting and skinning animals to create larger carrying wallets, bags, arrow quivers, etc., add to the immersion and give further incentive to continue playing. As far as shooting is concerned, each weapon feels different, and each one feels effective. So often in FPS games the core shooting mechanics are flawed, but fortunately, that isn't the case here. The game doesn't inhibit players, and you can easily skip the main missions and go exploring the island should you choose too. The sense of freedom is what really makes this an awesome experience. Expand
  18. Sep 27, 2013
    This game is at best, average. The side missions are dumb. You have all these kinds of guns but you are limited to using a knife on missions. Each outpost you must liberate are basically the same. 4 enemies, kill them all then it's yours. It gets pretty repetitive. Not to mention that there is no point in exploration in this game. Once you are done in an area, there's no point in goingThis game is at best, average. The side missions are dumb. You have all these kinds of guns but you are limited to using a knife on missions. Each outpost you must liberate are basically the same. 4 enemies, kill them all then it's yours. It gets pretty repetitive. Not to mention that there is no point in exploration in this game. Once you are done in an area, there's no point in going back to it, because it will stay that way the entire game, it will not be re-conquered by bad guys or some other scenario, it's very static, not a dynamic world.
    It would have been more interesting if there's constant fighting between the rebels and the pirates, where you could jump in and be the difference maker, but there is no such thing in Farcry 3.
    It's a single play-through game that's not worth 60 bucks retail.
    I would not advise in getting the mods for this game as many of those things replace binaries, which could be a carrier for a trojan virus. Mods are done by strangers, not an official company.
  19. Dec 8, 2012
    Far Cry 2 was a good - interesting - game. But Far Cry 3 is an explosion of awesomeness, everything that we loved in the last one has been improved and mixed with some great features that make Far Cry 3 one of the best games in 2012. This game gathers the stealthiness of Dishonored, side along with RPG crafting system and COD's fast paced action without feeling shallow or unoriginal,Far Cry 2 was a good - interesting - game. But Far Cry 3 is an explosion of awesomeness, everything that we loved in the last one has been improved and mixed with some great features that make Far Cry 3 one of the best games in 2012. This game gathers the stealthiness of Dishonored, side along with RPG crafting system and COD's fast paced action without feeling shallow or unoriginal, everything here flows perfectly. The graphics are amazing - unfortunately I've suffered some framerate issues, but they're kinda rare and don't jeopardize the experience - one of the best in the year. The crafting system is pretty useful and addicting, sooner you will find yourself hunting deers and pigs because you don't have more room in your rucksack or because your wallet is stuffed, not only it doesn't feel difficult to find the crafting materials but also gives you an interesting chore to upgrade your equipments. I've to say that the story is more emotional - way more - and compelling than the previous two games, making you wonder how far can you go to protect the ones that you love. I won't say that disappointed me, but the multiplayer is pretty common, like COD's TD or something else, it's more different than the single player, you can't find maps that ask for a more tactical approach or stealth skills, it's just COD's fast paced action : People running like chickens around a certain map, some camping inside houses or between the woods, really dull. Far Cry 3 it's a gem, you can find some flaws and things that can't disappoint you, but in the overall it's a great game that you cannot miss it. Expand
  20. Jul 28, 2013
    Far cry 3 is a great game but the only bad thing is that the bad guy (Vaas Montegoro) has a slightly lopsided mohawk. All game breaking mohawks aside this game is amazing.
  21. Dec 7, 2012
    My Game of the Year! A must buy for RPG and FPS fans- huge open world that feels very alive, tons of customization , open-ended game play decisions...
  22. Dec 5, 2012
    The people praising this game are right, there is "plenty of **** to do" here. If only that wasn't so literal. It's just as shallow a pretty sandbox as Far Cry 2 was. Good shooting mechanics, nice graphics. But while 2 was a decent shooter with unparalleled immersion-enhancing lack of HUD, this one at its hardest is Baby's First Shooter that adds all the boring **** that's wrong with gamesThe people praising this game are right, there is "plenty of **** to do" here. If only that wasn't so literal. It's just as shallow a pretty sandbox as Far Cry 2 was. Good shooting mechanics, nice graphics. But while 2 was a decent shooter with unparalleled immersion-enhancing lack of HUD, this one at its hardest is Baby's First Shooter that adds all the boring **** that's wrong with games nowadays.

There's several types of missions. Story missions are rather scripted, but contain some of the best and most elaborate fights against numerous enemies. Hunting is fun for about 10% of how long you're expected to do it. Tower climbing was sold as puzzles, but it's just climbing. No two towers are the same, that's true, but so far (11 hours in, 60% of map cleared) no thinking was required. Missions where you have to kill a specific guy with a knife tend to be rather good, but pose no real challenge. Driving missions are short and tend to be very easy. Missions in which you help the local populace are shallow fetch quests -- go a hundred meters to the east and kill three dogs, please, hero who liberated 75% of our island and killed hundreds of our enemies. Driving feels better than in 2, but racing and supply drop missions are way too easy, failed them just once or twice. Collecting plants is a chore, and it's not even necessary (seriously, you have a skill that heals four bars with no medicine necessary, just adjust the wrist and off you go).

The best part of the game is emergent gameplay, the weird interactions between the wildlife, enemies and friendlies, when you're on foot, setting traps to patrols and attacking strongholds. Also flying to a new location and exploring. Once you liberate a new place, the interesting part at that place is pretty much done.

The HUD, what's to say? Creeping to stab a guy in the neck, "HEY GO TALK TO BUCK" reminder dances in the corner. Real immersive, good job failing basic game design. I'd certainly forget about the main mission if it wasn't for your helpful and tastful reminders obscuring my vision. So thanks for that, Ubisoft Montreal.

It's too easy, like it was balanced and playtested only for playing with the gamepad. Hardest difficulty, I never use medicine, never buy armor and can take two or three outposts without refilling on bullets. There's never any real pressure, I die only if I'm messing around. The 3D marker + wallhack is ridiculous.

The second Far Cry was, in my opinion, great. I viewed it as Space Invaders, jump in and have some arcadey fun -- it was repetitive and shallow, but SO trim, only shooting and no fat anywhere. If FC3 was the second and FC2 was the third the critics would be all like "they distilled it to what matters" and "finally the ancillary RPG junk is gone" and "the UI is a stroke of genius, removing the minimap makes things so tense".

This game is like a kitchy dumb blockbuster consoly guilty pleasure. I couldn't put it down for about ten hours, but there was so much pointless grinding and the fights have gotten SO EASY, I could have just gone anywhere guns blazing, bombs exploding, bear cavalry clearing the way. I needed to set myself restrictions to have fun - weapon spotting and reticle off, never once using the camera, no fancy arrows, just molotovs and grenades, no armor. Still too easy, shouldn't have crafted so much ammunition pouches. Perhaps autoleveling enemies' weapons in FC2 was a good idea and it certainly had a better UI with the physical map and no text on screen. It's a far cry from the refined gameplay we were promised and all the junk they squeezed in there is grating. I also made a mistake of choosing skills that sounded useful, so I could move faster crouched, bring up iron sights faster, heal four bars without having any resource (!), reload while sprinting. Death is completely optional in this game. I think I'm going to play Stalker: CoP next, I can appreciate its dangers much more after the sterile kiddie playground of Far Cry 3.

The glowing reviews for this game seal my opinion that professional reviewers can't tell **** from shinola. I can't see anyone with a history of shooters playing FC3 for more than five hours and giving it such a high score. The tension and difficulty are simply gone.

Didn't mention the story. It's crap, but I expected crap and that's perfectly fine. It took a HUGE step back from the second one in this department as well - the Jackal tapes were masterpieces of videogame writing: http://farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Jackal_Tapes , while Vaas and the gang are plastic figurines of caricatures of tropes.

It's a stupid blockbuster that didn't manage to kill everything that was good about FC2, but comes damn near. The honeymoon lasts for some ten hours if you press on and disregard the stupid minigames and shallow sidequests, then it's ten more hours of boring grinding if you don't abandon it.
  23. Feb 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wish people would stop calling this game "Skyrim with weapons". It's not "Skyrim with weapons", it's Farcry 3. Farcry 1 and 2 had the same open-world style, with weapons and they both came out before Skyrim...

Now that I've got that out the way, this game is amazing. It is super, super fun. The graphics are great, the story is cool, the beginning intro is refreshingly original, and the villian is by far the best villian since Vergil. I gave this game 8/10 because I have to discuss the flaws as well unfortunately.

1. The biggest flaw is, the game ends! Once you're done, the side missions aren't that interesting and not many people just treasure hunt to find secret things around the map. Face it, once you've completed the game and made pretty much every crafting upgrade there is, you really miss enemies and camp infiltrations.

2. I'm being a tad critical here, but did we really need that weird, trippy initiation fight against that black-cloud demon thing? I often wonder why games do this. DMC:Devil May Cry had a similar boss fight against a digital anchor-man it's tacky and just plain weird.

3. There are 2 endings but you have no option to replay the last segment just to choose the different option, you have to play the level from the beginning.

4. Boats are included but you rarely use them which is sad, because Assasin's Creed 3's Master&Commander ship missions quite wet my appetite for more naval combat.

5. The main character is rather...inconsistent. I say that because at the beginning of the game he freaks out at having to stab a guard in the neck, and by the end of the game he is some sort of neo-nazi hellbent on bloodlust without even a smidge of hesitation when around enemies. If you don't really care for realism then that shouldn't bother you, I just thought since the put so much effort into character development in the beginning, that it came across as a little rushed and lazy.

6. That's it, the rest of the game was amazing, the map is quite large if you don't use quick travel and there is stuff to keep you busy after you finish the game, but replaybility isn't quite there. You'll probably stop playing once you finish the game.
  24. Feb 15, 2013
    FC3 would be rather nice game without sandbox. The story parts of the game are good indeed, but the sandboxing and hunting animals to get better quiver etc. is just stupid. Furthermore, the whole crafting system is way too shallow. It is as if the character carries a laboratory, workbench and leather tanning/boiling equipment with him all the time.

There are still lessons to learn where

There are still lessons to learn where FC2 failed. Better luck next time.
  25. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game does one thing well: illustrates the corruption in the next generation of so-called game reviewers- the ones who grew up doing this instead of being accomplished in other things who reviewed games on the side. Considering how bad farcry 2 was and how 3 simply expanded upon this 'badness,' I was amazed to read what was a lucy in the sky with diamonds series of reviews of this game.
    Plot unengaging & full of racial stereotypes (from great white hunter to evil black men thugs/pirates, but amusingly all the mercenaries are whitish) where the open world rules only apply to running around skinning animals and finding trinkets. Each actual mission to progress the story line, if you look at level design forces you to play it linearly. I guess someone had read King Solomon's mines and decided to rip off the idea of, 'Africa will not let me die,' concept and apply it to the great white hype that is Jason Brody. The rapid transition from worthless vacation yuppie to immediately perfectly aiming skills, deftly dispatching island warriors is implausible - even if the fear of boring the target audience pushes the game in this direction. The scenes of love making are not love making, it is rape. You are being raped by Citra while intoxicated on magic juice- this in itself should raise red flags.
    The butchery nonsensically of animals is pitiful and teaches only wastefulness to the young gamer- and it gives no real knowledge of how much work is involved in crafting items from animal hide- at least simply bring it to a native to do it for you...
    There should have been a stricter age restriction on this game for language, sex, nudity wanton violence, grey characters with no real sense of good or evil, simply self-serving motivations. Self regulation is not this industry's strong suit, but if you hand over to young minded people the ability to ambivalently murder villagers, the Rakyat (useless savages) and the pirates/mercenaries and then glorify the concept of revenge and celebrate tattooing your body parts as a sign of culture- then you have made your target audience dumber and even more morally ambiguous.

The ending, if you choose to save your friends, has a lie for a statement - again self serving- Jason Brody is given a blank check for all the evil he has done by justifying it by saying he is still good inside- allegory...

There is one saving grace- you can build up your character without even doing a single mission, then fly through the whole game- just go rescue all outposts, radio towers, do those side missions quickly, then run around with a flamethrower, grenade launcher, lmg and smg. You will be unstoppable.

AI: the game designers need to go back and review far cry 1, fear 1, half life 1, system shock 2- and start from scratch- far cry 3, with its 'open world' characters (there are only like, 5 models of natives, 3 of pirates, and so on- yay open world, surrounded by a group of the same faces forever) seems to be thwarted by the most inconvenient of obstacles- walls. A wall and you and the enemy is stopped cold. Either they pull cover right in front of you, get stuck inside a building, or run out in the open firing randomly at you on the hardest difficulty and this is to be assumed great game play...
  26. Feb 5, 2013
    What's not to like about stealthily wiping out an enemy base or blowing it into the sky on a lush tropical Island filled with rare and dangerous wild life? Great story, crafting, customisable weapons, hidden collectibles, and open adventure game-play in a awesome location is a recipe for success. On a powerful PC this game is also an absolute joy to look at. I thoroughly enjoyed this gameWhat's not to like about stealthily wiping out an enemy base or blowing it into the sky on a lush tropical Island filled with rare and dangerous wild life? Great story, crafting, customisable weapons, hidden collectibles, and open adventure game-play in a awesome location is a recipe for success. On a powerful PC this game is also an absolute joy to look at. I thoroughly enjoyed this game from start to finish. Nothing like Far Cry 2 which I couldn't even finish, what a disaster that was. Far Cry 3 9/10 Expand
  27. Mar 14, 2013
    First of all, this is NOT the Skyrim of shooters or action games. This is a dolled up FPS that masks itself as an open-world sandbox game, but the only thing you can play with in that sandbox is a toy truck and a cat turd. The PC version is sleek and pretty, as well as mechanically smooth and visually-rewarding, but ultimately fails to be a top game. The story is inspired, but the whinyFirst of all, this is NOT the Skyrim of shooters or action games. This is a dolled up FPS that masks itself as an open-world sandbox game, but the only thing you can play with in that sandbox is a toy truck and a cat turd. The PC version is sleek and pretty, as well as mechanically smooth and visually-rewarding, but ultimately fails to be a top game. The story is inspired, but the whiny of a protagonist can't stop "OMG"ing at every turn. Sometimes you wish he was the norm a silent puppet hero that so many games seem to be afraid to stray from. Quests seem bizarre and unnecessary. Am I seriously hunting sharks with a RPG right now? Yes...yes I am...so I can craft a RUCKSACK. The AI is relatively unintelligible. This game was meant for YouTubers to make "LOL moments" videos with, but not much more beyond that. Expand
  28. Mar 24, 2013
    Ubisoft’s highly anticipated ‘jungle simulator’ Far Cry, on the Sony Playstation, the Xbox 360 and of course the Pc, maybe the greatest open world first person shooter ever. If you haven’t heard of Far Cry 3 by now you’ve most likely been not only living under a rock, but been buried 25.000 feet under a mountain on a planet in another galaxy. Well, if you happen to not know, I can tell youUbisoft’s highly anticipated ‘jungle simulator’ Far Cry, on the Sony Playstation, the Xbox 360 and of course the Pc, maybe the greatest open world first person shooter ever. If you haven’t heard of Far Cry 3 by now you’ve most likely been not only living under a rock, but been buried 25.000 feet under a mountain on a planet in another galaxy. Well, if you happen to not know, I can tell you that this game, is most likely the most beautiful, exciting, fun, brutal, action packed open world first person rpg shooter I have ever played. So far the game, for some people, is the best game of its kind, with its amazing open world, back chilling stealth elements, hard boiled action, great hunting, scary random encounters and crafting and to top it off, some of the most impressive graphics I’ve seen in a long time, but for others the game is simply a stupid ‘Rambo simulator’ with too many guns and explosions and too little survival. I can’t tell you which one is the most correct, but I can tell you that the game is one of my all time favorite games. And to top it off the game has an amazing storyline that will keep you awake for hours at night just wondering what will happen next.

To wrap it up, without any spoilers, you play as Jason Brody, who on a vacation with 5 of his friends, gets lost on a tropical island while skydiving. He and his brother is taken as prisoners by the local pirates, who run the island. They now have to escape. A long intro/tutorial sequence follow, and Jason is saved by Dennis, who is part of the Raykat, a group who rebels against the pirates. Dennis teaches you how to hunt, craft and survive in the jungle. He now has to save his friends, who are scattered around the island, while also helping the Raykat take back the island. Throughout the story, Jason matures into a fearless, unstoppable warrior, as he decides to stay on the island.

As soon as I opened the game, I was in awe of the amazingly detailed environment and vivid colors, realistic ai and quite blown away by how big the island is, but also terrified of the scary creatures who roam the jungles and the dangerous pirates who would kill you in no time if I were to make one small mistake. I had to walk in the shadows, hide in foliage and avoid any contact with enemies. The sound of a vehicle would leave me hiding behind a tree or some rocks, terrified of the smallest sound, still looking out for komodo dragons, who would rip me to pieces in seconds. I simply did not have a chance.

Then as I proceeded further into the game, and unlocked more features and grew more familiar with the game controls, I would start hunting for radio towers, which is what you need to uncover more of the map, and unlock free weapons(Who doesn’t want free weapons?), and then hunt for smaller strongholds, that I could take on without being slaughtered. I could hunt and craft, without being killed by rapid dogs or tigers. This is where I feel the game was at its best.

Then, suddenly, the game took off. I had crafted almost every craftable item in the game, and I had pretty much every radio tower in the game, which means pretty much every gun in the game. I could without any trouble take on the biggest of strongholds, and not even sweat a little. The game had become too easy, and I wasn’t even close to done with the story. I would rarely get any random encounters, because I had taken over pretty much every stronghold.

The only thing with the game that disappointed me, was how if you don’t watch out, before you notice, you’ve completely overtaken every stronghold and completely ruined the fun of the game.

The controls of the games are amazing. They’re tight and precise and the guns are responsive. In some ways the guns are Call of Duty-like with their fast, arcade-like controls and not too high recoil, but in others they are very Battlefield-like, in that they feel very heavy. All in all the guns are amazing, and you don’t ever get tired of mowing down pirates. The cover system is the best I’ve seen in so long. The way you can hide behind a wall and simply use the right button to aim, and it will, depending on the kind of cover you’re behind, either aim above or to the side.

Vehicles are easy to drive and very arcade-like, which is perfect. The cars feel heavy, as they should, and don’t just feel like you’re hovering 2 inches above the road.

This game definitely has a chance of being the game of the year. It’s an amazing game, and I recommend it to everybody, whether you like first person shooters or any other other genre of games, this is definitely worth a try. It’s definitely a unique game, with a very refined story, great features and very very, I repeat, very good graphics. The only cons is that the game might get too easy. I definitely recommend playing on the hardest difficulty. I give this game 9/10.
  29. Apr 29, 2013
    Essentially Far Cry 3 is a very good game.. but it is not amazing... It starts very strongly, the characters are colorful and interesting, at the beginning you have a lot to explore and many missions to do... But... you eventually realize how repetitive this game is... same missions, same locations same everything... In the end I spent an easy 40hrs doing side missions and finding statuesEssentially Far Cry 3 is a very good game.. but it is not amazing... It starts very strongly, the characters are colorful and interesting, at the beginning you have a lot to explore and many missions to do... But... you eventually realize how repetitive this game is... same missions, same locations same everything... In the end I spent an easy 40hrs doing side missions and finding statues but then I lost interest and stopped playing the game... there should be a total of 60-70hrs of gameplay if one tries to collect all the collectibles and do all/most of the side missions... This game simply doesn't maintain the same level of interest as skyrim does... However, Farcry3 is well worth the money, especially if you get it on a special (like I did... luv u Steam!!!) Expand
  30. Sep 20, 2013
    I felt like opening a Pandora's box when trying to determine the score for this game. If you compare it to games of the modern era only, it's hard to not give it a 10. If you look at it more broadly though, the score drops.

Far Cry 3 is a Ubisoft game through and through. Their niche seems to be GTA-inspired sandbox games (AC, FC, SR). FC3 is exactly that. I was going to call it "GTA on an island" first, but that's not really fair. Then again, it's not completely wrong either. The game also seems to borrow small elements from AC series, which depending on your point of view can either be a good or a bad thing.

As for my opinion, the story and setting were really solid, even if a bit schizophrenic. The main character is more or less an ordinary guy with no goals in life, but then he finds some and becomes an elite commando army of one. There's some voodoo and stuff like that involved though. And that really sets the tone of the game. It's not really meant to be a realistic simulator, although it may look to do that on the outside. When you get deeper into it, you'll see that the game is full of supernatural elements as well and as such, the fact that you can see all the points of interest on the minimap automatically didn't really bother me. I especially liked how the game handled some bossfights. Not necessarily because they were QTEish, but because if they were normal shooting gallery sequences, that would've just sucked.

Other strong points were equipment customizability, animations, level of detail, voice acting, some of the dialogue, sidemissions that were actually fun and last but not least, the fact that you can just roam around the map doing whatever you want. The game also looks damn gorgeous with all the graphics turned high.

As for the bad side of things, well, the combat isn't really made to be challenging or balanced. As such, the ugly side of modern gaming raises up it's head once more. This game isn't hard. It's easy, even. And once again, it's a bit spoonfeedy. Despite that, I think it keeps itself together really nice.
    I didn't try multiplayer, but co-op was a useless tack-in to boost sales. There's also level-grinding and stuff like that involved in the multiplayer/co-op, which I don't approve of.

To explain what I said earlier about the score of the game dropping if you rate it taking into account more than just the modern era, I mean that this game doesn't necessarily offer a whole lot of new things, and I think it does things a bit tongue-in-cheek to compensate for that. But then, it's such a well-executed, fun and high production value package that I can't just go full cynic on it.

Don't take this game too seriously and you'll have a fun ride that can last up to 30 hours.
  31. Dec 1, 2013
    UPLAY ruined this game..... If not for this stupid draconian DRM scheme the game might be worth playing, but as it stands I count it as money wasted.
    Watch out for more garbage to come from Ubisoft. I heard they were changing back from this garbage..... I was wrong.... Guess I need to take them off my buy list entirely....
  32. Sep 21, 2013
    Thank you Ubisoft for more than 30 hours of pure fun!
    The game is really great, and there is so many opportunities. I'm so close to give this game 10 straight, but there are a few things i feel like there's missing. A thing i would really have loved would be if you could play through the whole game in CO-OP, and not just play some special missions.
    Also i wouldn't recommend just trying
    Thank you Ubisoft for more than 30 hours of pure fun!
    Also i wouldn't recommend just trying to finish the missions/extra missions, spend some time looking around the Island, and discover some of the secret places. If you're just trying to finish the objectives you pretty much repeat the same route over and over again, which is not funny:
    You clear a mission You activate the nearby radiotower You clear the outposts in the new area ->You clear the missions that you unlock when you get a new outpost.
    I haven't had any problems with this, since im spending alot time exploring the island, killing animals to upgrade my capacity, and finding plants to get the best possible medicin. I also love to try new tactics at every outpost and see what works out best.
    IMPORTANT: I'm not trying to decide how you wanna play the game, it's just a heads up since it's something i've been thinking about when i unlock new radio towers.
    There are just so many cool features in this game, that i decided to look at some of the less fascinating things about this game.
    What i thought after a while in Far Cry 3:I bought this game on Steam when it was 50% off (Price was 15 Euro) and now i allmost feel bad i didn't pay full price for this awesome game!
    Im waiting for ya, Far Cry 4!
  33. Dec 7, 2013
    Don't buy this game for multiplayer buy it for its awesome and intense single player campaign that has all the things you want for a first person shooter and open world game all on one disc
  34. Dec 27, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was my favorite game from 2012. An open world game that gives you a ton of choice on how you want to approach different situations. The story is also a believable one as its main character, as the story progresses, begins to enjoy killing and satires all of the first person shooters where all you do is kill people. There are plenty of side missions, that include bounties andFar Cry 3 was my favorite game from 2012. An open world game that gives you a ton of choice on how you want to approach different situations. The story is also a believable one as its main character, as the story progresses, begins to enjoy killing and satires all of the first person shooters where all you do is kill people. There are plenty of side missions, that include bounties and hunting the wildlife on the island. There is a lot of satisfying content in Far Cry 3. Graphically the game is phenomenal and the game is at just the right length to where you'll never say to yourself "Ugh, when is this gonna end?" Overall, Far Cry 3 exceeded my expectations and any gamer would enjoy themselves playing it. Expand
  35. Jun 2, 2014
    Definitely get this game if it is on sale for $20 or under, it's packed full of great stealth sequences which are fluid and rewarding, a skill tree packed with innovative and useful perks, excellent gunplay with a medley of interesting weapons, all allowing for your own unique playstyle(burn your enemy out with molotovs, flare guns or flamethrowers, or carefully snipe your enemy with bowsDefinitely get this game if it is on sale for $20 or under, it's packed full of great stealth sequences which are fluid and rewarding, a skill tree packed with innovative and useful perks, excellent gunplay with a medley of interesting weapons, all allowing for your own unique playstyle(burn your enemy out with molotovs, flare guns or flamethrowers, or carefully snipe your enemy with bows and snipers, or even go full out rambo with LMGs and shotguns), and a great, subversive story which isn't so much about a white American stoner going to an island and killing lots of people, as it is about the true cost and insanity of living in a fantasy world and thinking that killing lots of people is a wonderful thing. Some people claim that halfway through the game, it loses its pacing, but for me personally, I think that all the characters are strong enough to keep on carrying the story forward in an engaging fashion, and even if they don't, then the gameplay always feels novel as you experiment with the wide range of guns, takedown techniques, and playstyles to become the ultimate hunter. Expand
  36. Oct 31, 2014
    OK, Ubisoft, please answer me this : WHY ARE THE CUTSCENES NOT SKIPPABLE ?!?! Why do I have to sit and wait for X minutes and cannot just skip the boring lame animatios ?! The story really really sux, otherwise I would give it much higher score, but I could not even finish the game because I became allergic to the stupid boring cutscenes !!!!
  37. Aug 12, 2014
    I was expecting a lot from this game and that is what i got. Good graphics, not heavy for the PC, nice controls, nice story, all.
    Single player mode is great (maybe too easy?), feels like you are in a movie. Story is really involved.
    Co-op mode is a great addition as well.
    I really recommend it.
  38. Jan 5, 2014
    Good game with great open environments. Story keeps you engaged and keeps giving you a reason to push forward. Eventually some of the open world aspects continue to feel repetitive. For the price I paid for this game (5 dollars) it was well more than worth my money.
  39. Dec 7, 2012
    Just adding my two cents worth. I loved the original Far Cry. There were too many things that I didn't like about Far Cry 2 to keep me playing it. Those things have been fixed and / or changed enough so that I am really enjoying Far Cry 3. The biggest complaint I had about Far Cry 2 was the enemy outposts repopulating after you cleared the area. Ubisoft seems to have taken my (and manyJust adding my two cents worth. I loved the original Far Cry. There were too many things that I didn't like about Far Cry 2 to keep me playing it. Those things have been fixed and / or changed enough so that I am really enjoying Far Cry 3. The biggest complaint I had about Far Cry 2 was the enemy outposts repopulating after you cleared the area. Ubisoft seems to have taken my (and many others as well) criticism and turned it into an interesting feature in this game. Now when you clear an outpost, it get tagged as a 'safe zone'. Now you can fast travel to it, and resupply your ammo. I also like the fact that you not only have to be on the lookout for bad guys, but while avoiding contact by lurking in the brush, you may end up being attacked by some wild animal. Take the beast out with an arrow or your knife and you remain hidden. Pop a couple of round into the creature, and all of the bad guys now know where you are. There is so much to do besides the main story line. Exploration, hunting and crafting are a big portion of the game, and essential in order to upgrade skills and weapons. Some don't like the activating the towers to reveal more of the map. I like this part as well, though I am now trying to get all 18 towers activated in order to 'get it over with'. Climbing each individual tower is unique enough that you get a level of satisfaction once you flip the switch and see the animation detailing the portion of the map you've just revealed. The health system is similar to Far Cry 2, but now you don't have to deal with malaria all the time. (The other feature of that game I disliked) You can craft heath syringes, but with the appropriate skill, they aren't really required. I've set the graphical settings on ultra with my Phenom II X4 and 6950 with the latest AMD driver with the Far Cry 3 profile. The frame rate is playable enough so that I don't feel the need to lower it. However, I should state that I have vsync disabled. Again, I find Far Cry 3 to be a vast improvement over the previous game. Expand
  40. Apr 1, 2013
    Thinking about buying this one? Just play Far Cry 1 instead. Far Cry 1 was great. AI not so good, but the game was great. Far Cry 2 sucked. This one sucks less, but given it is 2013, this game sucks. And it really is too bad because the story has some interesting twists. The cut scenes and acting are pretty good. But the AI is a joke, the game play is repetitive and somewhat stupid. OK,Thinking about buying this one? Just play Far Cry 1 instead. Far Cry 1 was great. AI not so good, but the game was great. Far Cry 2 sucked. This one sucks less, but given it is 2013, this game sucks. And it really is too bad because the story has some interesting twists. The cut scenes and acting are pretty good. But the AI is a joke, the game play is repetitive and somewhat stupid. OK, I'm stranded on a tropical island filled with pirates and I need to rescue my friends, but I can only carry 1 magazine of bullets until I kill some animals and craft a new pouch out of their skins? Did anyone not stoned proof read the concept? Ugh, I had to quit after just 3 hours. I just don't care enough to finish this turd. Expand
  41. Feb 19, 2013
    This game was pretty enjoyable. It fixed many of the issues I had with Far Cry 2, but made some changes I wasn't ready to accept. I know this goes against the consensus, but the story in this game was quite ridiculous. The tribal nonsense, the quick time events, and the oh-so-tiring explosive action sequences found in every other shooter game made me miss the more realistic story of FarThis game was pretty enjoyable. It fixed many of the issues I had with Far Cry 2, but made some changes I wasn't ready to accept. I know this goes against the consensus, but the story in this game was quite ridiculous. The tribal nonsense, the quick time events, and the oh-so-tiring explosive action sequences found in every other shooter game made me miss the more realistic story of Far Cry 2. My only other legitimate complaint is that the PC version feels shafted. The visuals don't look too terribly impressive, at least not enough to justify the low framerates I get on my mid range PC. The mouse on the menu doesn't respond that well. But don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic sequel and perhaps the best shooter I've played for a while. Expand
  42. Dec 25, 2012
    I am an avid player of FPS games, but not of single player games. I haven't really sat down and enjoyed a FPS game since Half-Life, and I didn't think it would be too much different with Far Cry 3, especially after not being impressed with Far Cry 2 on the 360.

I was wrong, though. I loved this game. The story was actually really good and the graphics are awesome. The AI are fantastic, and it's completely possible to beat this game with a bow and arrow. Pick it up, it's worth it for 50 dollars, and completely worth it at anything less than that.
  43. Jan 25, 2013
    1st part of the game was incredible. But after moving to 2nd island the game experience dropped increasingly. Looks like developers was exhausted all ideas they introduced in first part of the game. The difficulty level increases too much for me, its became irritating - despite I was playing on hard on 1st island I cannot handle easy mode on 2nd (maybe I was tired of the game). It seems1st part of the game was incredible. But after moving to 2nd island the game experience dropped increasingly. Looks like developers was exhausted all ideas they introduced in first part of the game. The difficulty level increases too much for me, its became irritating - despite I was playing on hard on 1st island I cannot handle easy mode on 2nd (maybe I was tired of the game). It seems it is the way to make game longer. 2nd part focuses only of shooting - nothing more. The idea of exploration on the 2nd island was dig.
    So the first island I judge for 9, but the 2nd island for 5 only.
  44. Jan 7, 2013
    For me, this is the GOTY. I have played Far Cry 1 and 2, and i'm really glad to see they combined the best out of those 2, and put it together.
    First of all, the world is amazing! it really gives you this skyrim feeling. i'm not saying it's better than skyrim of course ;)
    you get alot of weapens, bow, rocket launcher, assault rifles, flame thrower etc. you can swim, drive, fly. it's
    you can swim, drive, fly. it's amazing :)
    really love it, you will nog regret it!
  45. Dec 12, 2012
    10 out of 10? I don't think so. Although, I admit I'm not mad either. Think of it as Far Cry 2 with a face lift. If you've played that, then you'll get the feeling of doing pretty much the same thing as before. As a matter of fact, it feels so much the same, you may want to ask yourself if you're in the mood to play Far Cry 2 again. They added a few things. If you want to carry10 out of 10? I don't think so. Although, I admit I'm not mad either. Think of it as Far Cry 2 with a face lift. If you've played that, then you'll get the feeling of doing pretty much the same thing as before. As a matter of fact, it feels so much the same, you may want to ask yourself if you're in the mood to play Far Cry 2 again. They added a few things. If you want to carry more... bigger wallet, bigger rucksack for items, bigger ammo case etc., you hunt animals and skin them. That was fun, but It took about an hour and I had pretty much upgraded everything. I started gathering items and cash, but here's something I found odd. As in Far Cry 2, you had to quest to make more items available. No problem. In Far Cry 3, you unlock radio towers. But here's the catch, the items aren't only unlocked, they become free. So I'm walking around with a stuffed $6,000 wallet and I've already got everything and not a single reason to loot dead bodies or pick up cash. Modifying weapons cost a little, yeah, but upgrading your favorites only takes a second and your done. Now I'm thinking, what do I do now? In other words, in two hours, there may be plenty to explore, but no reason to do it!

Skills are boring too. The standard ones that increase health are obviously important but the rest are more like "skills of convenience" if you know what I mean. There aren't any you feel like you really want. I've got fifteen skill points and I don't even care. There's nothing there beyond increasing health and a couple of other ones that make a difference. The rest? zzz zzz.

So what's the verdict? Is it worth playing? I'm not finished with it and I will finish it... eventually. Games that get the ratings this one got are supposed to lock you in front of your computer and not set you free until you've savored every morsel. This one? It's like going to a buffet where all the items taste pretty much the same. You'll play it maybe because your hungry but you won't really care what you want next.

As a side note, it may be worth waiting for because there are a few bugs on the pc version. It stutters like a dog unless you can get fps over 60 on the low end. I've got an Intel 3820 oc'd to 4.2 ghz and an Nvidia gtx 680 and need to run on medium settings. I had to get the top fps to about 115 for the normal buttery smoothness I'm accustomed to. And that's borderline. If I even turn on anti-aliasing to any degree, I have to reduce the graphics to low, so I settled for medium and no AA. You can google "Far Cry 3 stuttering" for more info.

The game has value. Think of it like Santa putting a Bugatti Veyron in your drive way but then discover the only place you can drive it... is around the block. It's fancy, but the track is the same.
  46. Dec 5, 2012
    I know the game just came out and I've only played for a few hours now, but this game is simply stunning to look at and blew me away from the start! It is a strong contender for my game of the year already and may be the most richly detailed and beautiful game I've ever seen. It has a grisly beginning that sets the tone of the game and makes you feel like you are definitely outnumbered andI know the game just came out and I've only played for a few hours now, but this game is simply stunning to look at and blew me away from the start! It is a strong contender for my game of the year already and may be the most richly detailed and beautiful game I've ever seen. It has a grisly beginning that sets the tone of the game and makes you feel like you are definitely outnumbered and out of your element. Your character has never seen anyone killed, much less used a gun! The island is completely open to explore and the random encounters with animals etc. are really cool and make it feel like a real world where anything can happen at any time. I was swimming in a creek to gather a plant at the bottom and got attacked by a crocodile out of nowhere and couldn't fight it off, I died. The enemies in the game are not the dumbest AI I've ever seen, but also not special forces. I think they react pretty well to what happens around them but can do some random things. The PC version is far and away the best one to get if you have a nice gaming machine. I am using an Alienware M17x with i7 CPU, 8GB RAM, and Nvidia G-Force GTX 580 graphics card. I turned the graphical settings to ultra and 8x anti-aliasing on. It is also DirectX 11 enabled. I have to say that no game I have, even Crysis 2 and Rage, look this good! Expand
  47. Dec 16, 2012
    Graphics - There hasn't been a world this beautifully crafted in quite some time. Story - interesting if genre trope heavy outing. Tries to tackle some weighty topics but never quite hits the right notes (no empathy for most of the characters). Game-play - great FPS' mechanics, nice variety of weapons and initially a wonderful range of things to do. As with all games though, they do wearGraphics - There hasn't been a world this beautifully crafted in quite some time. Story - interesting if genre trope heavy outing. Tries to tackle some weighty topics but never quite hits the right notes (no empathy for most of the characters). Game-play - great FPS' mechanics, nice variety of weapons and initially a wonderful range of things to do. As with all games though, they do wear thin after many hours of play. Overall - I haven't been sucked into a game world this much since Skyrim, so that should be praise enough. Buy It. Expand
  48. Nov 10, 2013
    A total turn of events, the expectation was so high that this game let me down.
    Apart from multiplayer there's nothing interesting to be done after completing the game plot which by the way seemed to me another let down, whipping Vaas out of the frame so ungracefully just like Bane was trashed out in Dark Night
    The good parts are all there but it especially leaves the feeling of
    A total turn of events, the expectation was so high that this game let me down.
    The good parts are all there but it especially leaves the feeling of unfinished everything but the graphics, sadly.
  49. Dec 6, 2012
    This is a very good game. Open world, completely immersible environment, and so far I've really felt like some random guy trying to survive on an island. The new territory system is a huge improvement over Far Cry 2's enemy respawns, and the only major negative aspect I've experienced so far was the save system (it would be nice to have more than one save slot). I haven't spent too muchThis is a very good game. Open world, completely immersible environment, and so far I've really felt like some random guy trying to survive on an island. The new territory system is a huge improvement over Far Cry 2's enemy respawns, and the only major negative aspect I've experienced so far was the save system (it would be nice to have more than one save slot). I haven't spent too much time in multiplayer, but I really only buy these games for the single player so it doesn't factor heavily into my opinion of the game. Graphics have been amazing in my experience, and I think most of the people complaining about this don't realize that it's often their own hardware they should be complaining about instead of the software. I was looking for a game where I could become lost in a world that I had to fight my way out of, and I got that. I plan to sink quite a few hours into this title! Expand
  50. Feb 11, 2013
    I bought this because I was misleaded to believe that this game was skyrim with guns, I love skyrim and to compare Far cry 3 to Skyrim is an insult to bethesda and skyrim fans, this game has absolutely nothing to dowith skyrim except that is open world and you hunt that's about it, you cant craft something you can sell like in skyrim, you can't wear different outfits like in skyrim, badI bought this because I was misleaded to believe that this game was skyrim with guns, I love skyrim and to compare Far cry 3 to Skyrim is an insult to bethesda and skyrim fans, this game has absolutely nothing to dowith skyrim except that is open world and you hunt that's about it, you cant craft something you can sell like in skyrim, you can't wear different outfits like in skyrim, bad guys always look and act the same, in skyrim bad guys have different armours different weapons etc etc etc. Don't get me wrong Far cry 3 is an entertaining gane for a few hours but it gets extremely boring after that, oh and it looks like sh@#t in Xbox, I recommend you to wait for it to be on sale in steam and go for it Expand
  51. Jul 4, 2013
    The Far Cry series is awesome, it's always been adventurous and always tried to be different from the normal games that were out at the time of their releases.
    But this one, I really can't say that, and that really brings it down. They tried to copy a CoD/Battlefield style of gunplay, and while it DID work well, it made the game a little less of it's own. They also got rid of a few things that brought me into the world of Far Cry 2 more than any other game. For one, the world was interactive, as if things could happen when you're not there. You could start brush fires that actually spread and burned lots of things. Now that's not to say this game has anything new, now the animals in the game attack AIs as if they were actual predators, where as before they did... nothing. Speaking of animals, I hated the way they used animal hides. I'm no schtickler, but I don't think making a wallet out of two different animal hides makes it hold any more.
    Well it's an okay game, and I would've put it at a 9/10 if it weren't in the Far Cry series.
  52. Jan 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. very good game tell the life of a guys who fell on an island and u live the amazing exprience throughout the whole game the game have a lot of great stuff to do u can hunt animals and alot of them !! u can drive cars or fly using gliders the game is so cool if ur a fps fan u will like and the game is way better than far cry 2 or 1 its really good and i give this cool game 9/10 Expand
  53. Jan 29, 2013
    The single player was exciting and superbly entertaining. I enjoyed beautiful island with all its wildlife and madmen. The greatest downside was the multiplayer. NO DEDICATED SERVERS?? How can a PC multiplayer work without dedicated servers? The game stops and sometimes disconnects when the host leaves, it really gets on my nerves and I did not get the multiplayer experience I had hoped for.
  54. Feb 5, 2013
    I remember seeing the first game trailer early on in 2012. Not playing any of the Far Cry games before, I wasn't sure what to expect. Being advertised as, "Skyrim with Guns", I decided to buy it, not sure of its plot or story. I can say that I am pleasantly surprised. The exploration of the islands through radio tower and outpost checkpoints gave me things to do besides the main quest. II remember seeing the first game trailer early on in 2012. Not playing any of the Far Cry games before, I wasn't sure what to expect. Being advertised as, "Skyrim with Guns", I decided to buy it, not sure of its plot or story. I can say that I am pleasantly surprised. The exploration of the islands through radio tower and outpost checkpoints gave me things to do besides the main quest. I felt obligated to find every Totem and every Letter to deepen the experience. The story itself is just a side thought from when I am not exploring or gathering materials for bigger ammo cases or wallets. Overall, this game provides many things to do, depending on what the player is feeling. Definitely a good buy. Expand
  55. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is incredible. Stands out as one of the games of the year, last year. Great graphics, great interface, easy to pick up and play. Great A.I that's smart and guns that actually do damage.
  56. Apr 27, 2013
    Pretty much the exact same thing as the previous Far Cry game, which everyone hated. Watch an unskippable cutscene, drive for 10 minutes to a waypoint, kill someone, drive back. Repeat ad nauseam. Why? At no point does the game give me any compelling reasons as to why I should care or even continue.
  57. Jul 28, 2013
    Mixed bag playing it again on pc. I love that I can disable the HUD and that but having to sit through the cutscenes again is borderline masochism. I alt-enter to go window mode then go read a webpage or two. I'd give this game 4 out of 5, minus 1 just because the story is insultingly bad and they force you to partake of it.
  58. Sep 10, 2013
    First, I want to start with what I like. I like the variety of weapons, I like the island, and the various things you can go around and do to get money, XP, and materials for crafting. Sure, it might feel repetitive, but I'm one of those players that has no problem grinding if I feel like I'll get good rewards, in this case better equipment and skills. What's more is that you have theFirst, I want to start with what I like. I like the variety of weapons, I like the island, and the various things you can go around and do to get money, XP, and materials for crafting. Sure, it might feel repetitive, but I'm one of those players that has no problem grinding if I feel like I'll get good rewards, in this case better equipment and skills. What's more is that you have the opportunity to do this early game and level yourself before having to progress through the story, making parts of the game much easier on yourself.

My big gripe with this game has to do with overall sluggishness of the combat system and the unintuitive controls for a lot of different things. A great example would be animals who are predators. Yes, you can dispatch them relatively easily with a machine gun or something similar, but by doing that you risk alerting everything within 100 effing miles. While you get silent weapons as you progress, they're simply not meant for handling a pack of wild dogs, for instance, and your melee is so terrible that it's a huge pain to actually deal with this garbage. There's no reason you should have to work so hard for such a simple enemy. Hell, the guys who are supposed to be "hard" are easier to deal with.

I'm also not a fan at all of having to "hold" a button to activate something. Why is it I have to hold E to loot something as opposed to tapping it like every other game? Not a clue. It makes a tad more sense when targeting enemies/creatures, but when you get noticed, why is it that the game can't just automatically target those for you? But, what really confuses me is how you can get hit out of other activities, like skinning an animal. If you start, you have no choice but to finish the action, no matter how many bullets they feel like putting in you. At least give me SOME sort of defensive action for these scenarios.

And I can't tell you how much I hate driving in this game. I avoided vehicles for most of the game because of how terrible they handle. Basically, if I could run somewhere, I would do it even if it took me an hour. Thankfully, the fast travel system is really good in this game, so doing that wasn't too bad. (Dead Island has the same issue, too.) Why they couldn't make that 3rd-person is beyond me.

I also LOVE doing takedowns... but I HATE how skittish the takedown system is. The system will often deny you a takedown with really no rhyme or reason. What's worse is that if you mess it up you're likely to eat a gun-butt to the face and then get pelted with bullets. Really, though, this "skittishness" is everywhere.

Lastly, I hate the main character. It might sound stupid to some, but the guy you play looks like a preppy douche. I noticed some reviews saying how it really made no sense how this skinny, whiny dude can suddenly progress into a Rambo-esque monster... and I completely agree. It just pains me that I have to play this crappy character. It almost made dying so many times easier. (Almost.)

Ultimately, I gave this a 5 only because I did get my money's worth. I happened to get the game on sale AFTER they lowered the full-price to $40 and I actually used credits for most of the purchase, so it wasn't too bad of a deal. I would've been pissed had I spent $60 on this game, and I would honestly recommend getting Blood Dragon over this game. Your character is way more awesome, which tends to make the system flaws far less noticeable, and the story is AMAZING. Go play that. Don't get this. (Or, at least, not for full price.)
  59. Oct 24, 2014
    First PC game for me to rate 9/10 in many years.

I first have to say that, at this point in 2014 most of the bugs are fixed and what's mentioned in bad reviews is fixed by now so you don't have to worry about technicalities. In short, it's a open world FPS game similar to Borderlands but with much less RPG elements and much more realistic tendencies. You start off as this very
    First PC game for me to rate 9/10 in many years.

In short, it's a open world FPS game similar to Borderlands but with much less RPG elements and much more realistic tendencies. You start off as this very vulnerable nobody, stuck in a jungle riddled with pirates and dangerous animals against your will with only knife and a pistol at your disposal. Combat realism is close to Crysis 3 but not as refined – as game progresses you become more powerful and thus combat becomes less realistic but more interesting and challenging. Overall, gameplay is unique and a fresh experience, once you get used to it, it’s very fun!

Story has an interesting set of antagonist but overall, it’s crap overall which is fitting for a FPS, they didn’t even bother to get emotional or anything, it’s basically just there to fulfill the gameplay. It is made up of interesting and challenging missions but often boring un-interruptible cut scenes. The main first antagonist, Vaas, could have been used much more but instead is just occasionally encountered – his appearance and (in my opinion fun) character was unexpectedly minor in the game.

Music is spectacular but rarely heard, only during action sequences, missions and occasional car radio (in game vehicles only seldom have radios).

Visuals are excellent but nothing spectacular, not even close to Crysis 3, which is expected due to its open-world nature and mild hardware requirements. If you had just finished Crysis 3 you’ll be very disappointed but game play makes up for it by far. Unfortunately, NVidia owners will experience small bugs and quirks quite often. There are also unusual FPS drops – switching to window mode and back into full screen (Alt+ENTER) fixes this, luckily it doesn’t happen often.

Gameplay is extremely fun combination of sneaking upon, going all Rambo on or avoiding enemies. It’s not as refined or realistic as Crysis 3 but it’s in my opinion more fun! It can get spooky, very exciting, fun and even quite funny at times. Game awards you a lot of points for being sneaky but you can easily finish the game in a very… um, explosive manner! If you opt out for Rambo style, game “awards” you by bringing reinforcements which means even more fun and more xp points. If you’re a stealthy assassin, game awards you extra points for various available methods of murdering enemies and staying undetected till the last enemy. You don’t have to pick just one style, there are three “skill trees” but if you play all side missions, quests and kill a lot of pirates, you can get easily all the skills. Small part of the game is made up of collecting herbs, items and such RPG style crap but time-wise it’s less than 2% of the gameplay.

The only serious criticism I have is the fact that you have to kill some animals to obtain things like a bigger loot sack. There’s even a side mission where you have to blow up “rabid” dogs with an RPG or kill a bunch with a flame thrower. Seriously? What’s next, killing ebola-infected babies with a flame thrower? Whoever made these missions is IMO a serious hazard to society. I understand if there’s an option to do something (e.g. you can murder children in some D&D games) but a mission dedicated to it is a whole new level of sick.
  60. Oct 6, 2013
    This game has been done before, better and with a much more polished feel to it. It's called Just Cause 2. Except that game ran a lot better, with half of the system requriements and yet with a great graphics. Again, I don't know what has driven game reviewers to give 90+ scores, since the game gets very old and very fast, doing the same thing over and over again. And the killing ofThis game has been done before, better and with a much more polished feel to it. It's called Just Cause 2. Except that game ran a lot better, with half of the system requriements and yet with a great graphics. Again, I don't know what has driven game reviewers to give 90+ scores, since the game gets very old and very fast, doing the same thing over and over again. And the killing of animals and making various tools out of them to hold more ammo or more health packs is just ridiculous. Technically, it's an unoptimized mess if you ask me. glitches, ugly textures and weak AI. This game was already done years ago, better and cheaper. Expand
  61. Jan 4, 2014
    Far Cry 3, exceeded my expectations. The only problem I had with this game other than some of the boxes when going on a sloped surface is that after finishing the game I lost the will to play it again for a long time, even though I told myself I'll complete all the side-quests.
    The story is amazing and it truly makes you feel a part of it. You develop feelings for characters, for some you feel sorry, some make you laugh and some you admire. Even the antagonists are characters you feel for them.
    The open world and the ways you reveal it are a big part of the game and it pretty much scores it.
    From the little things like driving, crafting or gaining skills to the shooting and completing the game Far Cry 3 nails it.
    All I can say is that I highly recommend every shooter and campaign enthusiasts to get the game.
    Multiplayer is great but nothing too special.

I can't wait for Far Cry 4.
  62. Dec 30, 2013
    If there is one thing I really like about games, its the ability to continue playing even after the story missions are complete. Far cry 3 gives you this in a number of ways, allowing you to have hours of fun after you play through the full story. Far cry 3 is a completely massive game, with pirate outposts, towns, wildlife, radio towers, memorable landmarks, temples, ect. The game feelsIf there is one thing I really like about games, its the ability to continue playing even after the story missions are complete. Far cry 3 gives you this in a number of ways, allowing you to have hours of fun after you play through the full story. Far cry 3 is a completely massive game, with pirate outposts, towns, wildlife, radio towers, memorable landmarks, temples, ect. The game feels alive, and sometimes when your just walking through the jungle your eye will catch a tiger chasing a goat, or a pack of dogs with rabies running down a deer. Or you might walk right into a little creek, then get jumped by a alligator. Little skirmishes between the jungle tribes are happening everywhere, and there is different types of side missions, that unlock as you liberate more pirate outposts. The more time you give into this game, the sweeter it is. Start liberating outposts, and your bulletin boards will fill up with work requests and side missions to entertain you further. Hunt animals for their hides, and you will be able to craft new gear and hostlers with the surprisingly deep crafting system, that allows you to upgrade your pouches and gear in a number of ways, craft a wallet to hold more money, or craft a fuel sling to be able to refill your flamethrower. Craft a extra weapon hostler to carry a sidearm if your a sniper-type player, or craft a rucksack if your the exploring, looting type. The story was good, and I''m not going to spoil anything, but it is a fairly mature story, with drugs, murdering, torture, ect. The gun-play is fun, and planning a strategy filled attack on a pirate outpost can provide endless fun, especially since there is virtually infinite ways to attack outposts, snipe people off with a sniper/assault rifle from a distance, go in with an LMG, screaming and throwing grenades at everything, or play it stealthily, with a silent but deadly recurve bow and a silenced sidearm. One other cool thing is that fire spreads, and that can result in some really fun to use tactics, such as smoking them out by tossing a molotov on the roof of the building, then blasting them away from the safety of a little sniper nest on the hill, or maybe waiting just outside with a shotgun.

I really enjoyed this game. 9.3/10.
  63. Dec 25, 2013
    By far the best single player shooter I have ever played. I have psent over 200 hours playing this game and feel like I have barely skimmed the surface. The mission are thrilling, suspensful and comedic at times too (like buring down marijuana fields with flamethrowers). The different islands are huge and there are so many animals to hunt, so many collectibles and so many things to unlockBy far the best single player shooter I have ever played. I have psent over 200 hours playing this game and feel like I have barely skimmed the surface. The mission are thrilling, suspensful and comedic at times too (like buring down marijuana fields with flamethrowers). The different islands are huge and there are so many animals to hunt, so many collectibles and so many things to unlock that one can barely ever finish this game. The characters are extremely memorable and the two big bad guys are frightening as well as completely mad. I was so drawn into thsi game that I played it for over 15 hours the first day I got it. the multiplayer is a blast aswell, and I spent many horus playing both with my friends and against them. YOU MUST BUY THIS, IT IS AS CLOSE TO PERFECTION AS A SHOOTER WILL EVER GET- Expand
  64. Mar 31, 2014
    just played first few missions or something, stopped at the mission repairing some boat or something. cant save my game though, maybe some bull-leavings glitch. didnt even bother to fix it cause the game is crap. graphics is scum of the earth for a game with lots of reputation. even the boring farcry 2 have stunning graphics though. this one is like you put farcry 1 in the toilet and youjust played first few missions or something, stopped at the mission repairing some boat or something. cant save my game though, maybe some bull-leavings glitch. didnt even bother to fix it cause the game is crap. graphics is scum of the earth for a game with lots of reputation. even the boring farcry 2 have stunning graphics though. this one is like you put farcry 1 in the toilet and you flush it and what comes out of the drain is farcry 3. TADAAAA!!! the island setting in farcry 3 is.... well, i dint like it. farcry 1 island setting is better though (cause it didnt get flushed out of the toilet, if you know what i mean). dont get me wrong, i like **** urmmmm, i mean beaches. but only in REAL LIFE not in games. only **** are fun in games and real life (maybe the developers are mistaken on this fact). thats all, i rate this bae on my enterained level. no offence to this game but this s the only fun i get from it. Expand
  65. Nov 23, 2014
    The game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minorThe game doesn't run very well on a high-end AMD videocard (7900 series) - even at lowest settings it can become a slideshow at times (particularly while flying a kite and doing circles before you land) ... Apparently this game was tailored for Nvidia users and AMD users can pretty much go @#$! themselves. Classy, Ubisoft. I see this gem for what it is, though: if you ignore the minor inconveniences with crafting and having to bounce back and forth for components, this is a beautiful game. It would get an 8.5 if it didn't lag with a beefy videocard. Expand
  66. Sep 16, 2014
    An amazing game, really fun to play, and with outstanding graphics. The controls are really enjoyable, and the history has some flaws, but Vaas character is simply one of the best villains of all game history.
  67. Sep 13, 2014
    Loved the game. From campaign to side mission to collectibles to upgrade weapons and hunting animals! The graphics and gameplay were amazing and the story was really good. It is a must buy.
  68. Nov 11, 2014
    Picked this up along Blood Dragon in the last Steam sale and feck me but this game rocks! The story is great, the world just begs to be explored and the main protaganist is pure insane. A must for any open world gamers.

Also, make sure to pick up Blood Dragon if you were an 80's and 90's gamer and action film fan.
  69. Dec 7, 2014
    Game's ability to entertain you with interesting story and concept overall is a very important feature, and this game has it.

It's immerse gameplay is supported by variety of interactive environment, characters and weapons.
  70. Feb 7, 2013
    Far Cry 3 saved the series after a string of pointless spin-offs of the first game, a remake, and a remake OF the remake. To top it off, the last main entry, Far Cry 2, was a mediocre, frustrating, redundant, and unrewarding game set in a somewhat-interesting landscape that lacked any incentive to explore it. Far Cry 3 was a welcome improvement over its predecessors, However, the gameFar Cry 3 saved the series after a string of pointless spin-offs of the first game, a remake, and a remake OF the remake. To top it off, the last main entry, Far Cry 2, was a mediocre, frustrating, redundant, and unrewarding game set in a somewhat-interesting landscape that lacked any incentive to explore it. Far Cry 3 was a welcome improvement over its predecessors, However, the game still suffers from the biggest game-breaking flaw that has plagued the series since the beginning: A large, beautiful environment with no rewards for actually exploring it. All of the weapons are available to the player for free, as long as they unlock radio towers, and the process of doing so requires no challenge. To make it worse, the player has unlimited, free access to previously-unavailable weapons after they pick them up from the corpse of a foe. Meaning if you just grabbed a shiny new gun from the ground, congratulations, you now have it an endless free supply of them, just like any other weapon you may have shelled out thousands of dollars for. There are hardly any unique side-quests worth going out of your way for, and they only reward you with money, which you'll find you have plenty of mid-way through the game. Money is almost worthless once you have all of the weapons readily available. The only purpose is buying the occasional much-needed health, ammo, or body armor. None of which (with maybe the exception of body armor) are difficult to obtain on your own. In fact, I have so many green leaves, which are use to craft healing items, that I had to sell most of them just because I needed the space, and I would never, ever need that much. There are other types of syringes, used for such things as boosting damage resistance to fire, and aiding your hunting and exploration abilities, however, they are unnecessary. Hunting isn't particularly difficult, and neither is combat, even on the most difficult setting. I could go on and on about why Far Cry 3 will not satisfy those who want a meaningful sandbox game, but if you are looking for a slick, fulfilling shooter game, you'll have a blast. Good controls is vital to great combat. Far Cry 3 rivals Max Payne 3 for having the most crisp, fluid controls of any PC game of 2012, even on mid-grade gaming rigs that can't quite run Far Cry 3 with optimal performance. The graphics are eye-popping; the water stands out. The many lakes, rivers, and waterfalls look incredible, especially when the sunlight shimmers along the top, and the bodies of your enemies float freely, slowly staining the teal-liquid red.

In short ,Far Cry 3 fails to impress the adventurer in me, but the warrior in me hasn't been this impressed with a shooter since BioShock.
  71. Mar 17, 2013
    This is what I wanted Skyrim to be. A beautiful world to run around in, but with an actually good storyline and a sense of reason for being there. Wandering around hunting or helping others had a point too. Far Cry has previously typically been a tech demo in my mind, so I thought it was overhyped, even after playing through the demo at E3'12. Boy, was I wrong. I'm glad I played throughThis is what I wanted Skyrim to be. A beautiful world to run around in, but with an actually good storyline and a sense of reason for being there. Wandering around hunting or helping others had a point too. Far Cry has previously typically been a tech demo in my mind, so I thought it was overhyped, even after playing through the demo at E3'12. Boy, was I wrong. I'm glad I played through the free copy that came with my video card purchase, it's one of my favourite games of the year. Expand
  72. Dec 14, 2012
    Its a great game, i feel they really made the new far cry quite well, introducing a lot of realistic animations depending on what happens really makes the game seam smooth and an interesting realistic experience. like if you crash your car, you will hit your head on dash and have blury vision or if you jump from to high you will stumble when you hit the ground. i think that far cry serversIts a great game, i feel they really made the new far cry quite well, introducing a lot of realistic animations depending on what happens really makes the game seam smooth and an interesting realistic experience. like if you crash your car, you will hit your head on dash and have blury vision or if you jump from to high you will stumble when you hit the ground. i think that far cry servers as a benchmark which new and old games should learn from.... AKA Call of duty.... there are a few bugs i encountered here and there, but show me a game that has none....good game, love the experience, worth the "buy" ;D Expand
  73. Mar 3, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played. Tons of things to do, amazing graphics and the bad guy is super nuts. Driving, some crafting (nothing too crazy) and lots of cool weapons.
  74. Dec 18, 2012
    This game has so much potential... but its dragged down by so much unecessary crap. Gather quests? Really? Am I playing Farcry, or WoW? Climb these radio towers to open your map... Guess someone was playing Assassin's Creed at the time they came up with that idea? In trying to fix the broken stealth from FC2, they made it so easy there is no challenge. Enemy's are incredibly stupid. TheThis game has so much potential... but its dragged down by so much unecessary crap. Gather quests? Really? Am I playing Farcry, or WoW? Climb these radio towers to open your map... Guess someone was playing Assassin's Creed at the time they came up with that idea? In trying to fix the broken stealth from FC2, they made it so easy there is no challenge. Enemy's are incredibly stupid. The body drag mechanic could use some work, really, I can't pick up and drag a body from the ground, only after I kill them with a take down? Weapons... 1 attachment... wonder what kind of red dot they are using that blocks out extended mags. It could have been such a good game... but it turned out just to be mediocre. It just feels like there's something missing.... it's a hollow and shallow experience. That being said, it's not the worst game ever either. Expand
  75. Dec 11, 2012
    As the top poster says, this is one of the few games in a long time that dosent disapoint. The develepors have learned from the mistakes of far cry 2 and improved alot. And i actually got quite drawn in to the story. Very good game
  76. Jan 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For some reason, this has really drawn a lot of ire. The experience isn't perfect, but it's pretty damned good. People are saying the characters have no depth? Did people completely miss the intro to the game? Did people miss that Vaas was in the game? I haven't seen a performance in a game like that in a long time. Vaas' entire performance right down to the little psychotic manerisms is downright terrifying. My biggest gripe about the story is that he's not around for the whole thing. The other characters are well done, but Vaas steals the show. To think that Michael Mando almost didn't get the part...

I have not tried the multiplayer and have completed about 75% of the single player content. Overall it's a solid experience. The development of Jason's character from a California boy, whimpering and trembling when he sees his brother take a life, then turned to a hardened jungle warrior is really good. Rather than being thrown into hostile territory and becoming a badass merc instantly, you transform into it. The graphics, guns, shooting, driving, sounds are all top notch.

No, it's not perfect. The pretty graphics will take a beast of a machine to maintain playable FPS. I run a 2500k @ 4.5ghz with Crossfire 6950 GPUs. It runs well for me, but there are glitches and hiccups. Sometimes the enemy AI will pull stupid moves, like tossing a molotov at a tiger that's in melee range and burning themselves to death (those guys ARE tanked though, so maybe it makes sense...). Before you get the reduced fall damage perk, trips down steep slopes will hurt you more than they probably should. Getting swarmed by a bunch of guys in melee range usually results in inescapable death. That's frustrating, but at least it's realistic. IRL if you're surrounded 4:1 and get knocked to the ground, you probably aren't walking away. The enemy is suspiciously accurate with their grenade tosses. Some of the side activities are hammy. Some of Jason's dialog is way overdone.

Ultimately those are minor complaints. Overall, the experience is much improved from Far Cry 2. No more endless, unavoidable patrols on the roads. Or checkpoints that seem to respawn within seconds. Again, things aren't perfect. The first aid animations are well done but greatly reduced in variety from Far Cry 2. I almost wish they had kept the same number of animations and possibly added the new ones instead of using the syringe healing again. You can't sleep. This was good in Far Cry 2 so you could approach objectives under cover of night. Not so here.

The unlocks, side missions, and treasure items offer plenty for completionist players, while also showing you some cool out-of-the-way areas on the island that you might otherwise miss. The Trials of the Rakyat have some decent variety of scenarios and you can compete for the high score against other players. The little bits of humor are great. There's nothing like sneaking up on a pirate who says to himself "Oh this **** heat...someone just shoot me!" and taking his wig off with a silenced pistol.

From what I've seen of the multiplayer, it's good, not great. It basically looks like any other multiplayer FPS out there.

Overall, this is a great game with a lot to offer. A single playthrough was worth the price, and it will definitely get played again. I hope if another Far Cry is made, it meets and exceeds the bar set here.
  77. Apr 22, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was really disappointment game even the story is good and it have Interesting characters but rest of the game is just meh and poorly made that made game way too easy even on master difficulty that i only played on half way then i stopped playign it.

Every time i try play FC3 more, more i start hate it because of: Really bad enemy and team mate AI Useless crafting Useless

Every time i try play FC3 more, more i start hate it because of:

Really bad enemy and team mate AI
    Useless crafting
    Useless rpg element that make game even more easier
    Useless hunting after you get all crafting itmes
    Build-in wall hack that they force you to use it
    Really bad mouse keyboard controlls especially aiming that is your worst enemy in whole game and force you to use controller
    Poor and useless fire element and it's also bugged that most of time you get hurt by invisible fire
    Way too many bugs from release day and they are still there
    Poorly optimized
    After dying you spawn random place and never to last save place

And list go on and on and on.......

So basically FC3 is just full of bugs and poorly made things that are clearly rushed.
  78. Dec 25, 2013
    I originally wrote a terrible review for this game and frankly I am embarrassed by it. Once I took the time to learn the game and put thought into surviving in this amazing world, I realized that it is a true gem. Everything about it is perfection; the missions are fun and creative, the environment is beautiful and alive, and the hunting and foraging for the items you need to craft isI originally wrote a terrible review for this game and frankly I am embarrassed by it. Once I took the time to learn the game and put thought into surviving in this amazing world, I realized that it is a true gem. Everything about it is perfection; the missions are fun and creative, the environment is beautiful and alive, and the hunting and foraging for the items you need to craft is brilliant. It is an environment that you can spend nearly endless time exploring and enjoying, whether it's daytime or nighttime or during inclement weather, this dynamic land will keep you engaged. This game takes the best elements of (the nearly good game) Far Cry 2 and perfects the experience. If you like open world sandbox games then you need to play this. Expand
  79. Jan 10, 2013
    + Open world
    + Graphic
    + Gameplay + Multi language - No ambient sound settings, environment sound nearly mute. - No info about the many graphic options, the eye hurting pixel storm LOD switch is "Geometry" - No Loot and Hideout re-spawn. A isle full of peoples, nobody use a empty box, a empty hideout or bunker. This problem have 99% of all games inc. Skyrim. Only Oblivion has made
    + Open world
    + Graphic
    + Gameplay
    + Multi language

- No ambient sound settings, environment sound nearly mute.
    - No Loot and Hideout re-spawn. A isle full of peoples, nobody use a empty box, a empty hideout or bunker. This problem have 99% of all games inc. Skyrim. Only Oblivion has made it.
    - No endless routine side missions. A isle full of peoples, nobody has a job for you after 3 weeks. Another 99% of all games problem.
    - Forgotten Art of grass. In FC2 grass up to the horizon with wind play, in FC3 the grass spawns around your feet.
  80. Dec 27, 2012
    Ubisoft has once again driven a game into the abyss. The use of emulation software for the PC controls has renedered the game unplayable. In fact there are many deal-breakers. AI so poorly written that if you just watch, they will kill themselves. They do nothing. The actual game is so short it's absurd. The multiplayer is just a waste and should not have been done at all considering theUbisoft has once again driven a game into the abyss. The use of emulation software for the PC controls has renedered the game unplayable. In fact there are many deal-breakers. AI so poorly written that if you just watch, they will kill themselves. They do nothing. The actual game is so short it's absurd. The multiplayer is just a waste and should not have been done at all considering the wretched state of the singleplayer. Fail! Simple as that Fail..............Fail........................Fail! The only part that was good were the old maps done by Crytek oh so long ago. And then with Ubisoft's help they flash and light in and out. Box game and should have stayed that way! Expand
  81. Feb 22, 2014
    I liked this game better then Far Cry 2, Far Cry 2 was too repetitive always the same situation shoot the truck over and over, even though this game was still repetitive it wasn't as bad as Far Cry 2.

Pros *Graphics were good, jungle looked realistic (if a little too bright) *I liked the skill system *Good music *Nice variety of weapons shooting the animals in cages to kill off the

Pros
    *Graphics were good, jungle looked realistic (if a little too bright)
    *I liked the skill system
    *Good music
    *Nice variety of weapons
    shooting the animals in cages to kill off the enemy's was enjoyable

Cons
    repetitive
    annoying animal quick time events
    game too short just 10 hours
    long bosses left me feeling sea sick
    the plane part where they attack from all sides was too difficult
    lastly animals taking 2 full magazines to kill even if aimed directly at their head was way too unrealistic

I rate this a 5
  82. Feb 12, 2013
    This game is an absolute blast! One of the only games of 2012 not to disappoint me. The overall experience is just phenomenal. I thought I would hate the gathering and crafting system, but it's awesome! I love the side quest and the whole structure of the game. The game is damn near a perfect fps single player experience. You should be able to get a good solid 30+ hours of game play.
  83. Dec 4, 2012
    the bigger the expectation the bigger is the Disappointment or maby i didnt understand what the game supposed to be? is it FPS or RPG i dont understand it.and what with the climbing the towers
    its so frustrating and so is the action scenes very mediocre.the graphics are not bad but you need to have a strong computer.the sound quality is very bad.maybe if you like exploring open world
    with no purpose then tha game is for you.one thing i am sure this is not a worthy(for the 2012 year) action game.
  84. Jan 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What can be said about this game that has not already been said? It has pleasant graphics and allows you the ability to explore a world. Doing side quests are actually beneficial, such as activating radio towers to unlock weapons for free. Also the atmosphere in the game is great.

Unfortunately, the flaws are glaring. Looting seems to be affected by placement often. Good luck skinning that animal as it slowly rolls downhill. Special takedowns seem to be random at times. While the game offers rewards for being stealthy, it often seems the rewards are a pittance. A little extra experience for being silent, great. Perhaps the main reason to bother with stealth is you will likely die if you do not.

The plot overall is good with interesting twists. Some predictable, some unexpected. The development of relationships with jason and other characters is quite poor. In fact, it's atrocious. The biographies lend some help, but there is still quite the gap between wanting to save your friends and then wanting to kill them all after you just ran around the island risking your life to find your little brother.

Even worse are the endings. Maybe the same group of people are writing the endings to big franchise games lately. If so, they should be fired with extreme prejudice. While the endings in this game aren't nearly as bad as say mass effect 3, they are still slipshod at best. If you choose to save your friends, citra goes on about loving you and ends up dead. Then you get a monologue about jason realising he has become a monster but knowing he is something better. Nothing from your friends. Nothing from Liza, the woman you had up until recently cared significantly for.

If you choose to stay with citra, your friends die, including your little brother who you just risked your life over several times (and even lost a finger) to save. It gets better. Then you have sex with her and she kills you out of "love." I'll admit my culture and world view may be different, but I don't invoke "love" as a reason I kill someone.

The bottom line from me is this game offers some good things but is largely hindered by its own story plot. I found myself indifferent to the menu. Overall, I found myself asking questions that had no answers.
  85. Jan 11, 2013
    Remember when Half Life came out and blew everything away.... well that's Far Cry 3 but it's the year 2012. If you ever played Far Cry 1 or 2 then you will quickly realize that the developers took all the best parts and put it into Far Cry 3 plus more. 10 stars. Game of the year.
  86. Dec 13, 2012
    This game is a decent shooter, the weapons are satisfying to use and there is some intense shooting, there is option to an stealth aproach and is satisfying to cleanse an outpost of enemies without been seen. However, this game isn't Skyrim tropical island version, if you are expecting deep RPG mechanics and involving side quests you are going to be dissapointed. It is a game about a guyThis game is a decent shooter, the weapons are satisfying to use and there is some intense shooting, there is option to an stealth aproach and is satisfying to cleanse an outpost of enemies without been seen. However, this game isn't Skyrim tropical island version, if you are expecting deep RPG mechanics and involving side quests you are going to be dissapointed. It is a game about a guy with guns that shoot other guys with guns, outside the main storyline, you just kill alot of guys with red shirts for no real reason but only for your amusement, its a Call of Duty on a island, less scripted and with more options. If compared with Call of Duty, its a more complex game, but when compared with other open world games it's a little too shallow. Expand
  87. Jan 23, 2013
    Very nice game with lots of things to do. Very good story, the kill side missions get repetitive very quickly, though all the other optional stuff are very fun. I liked the crafting system a lot but i feel the could have taken it a step further. Nice combat and a lot of fun abilities you can unlock. My major complain is that they could have exploited the jungle enviroment a little better,Very nice game with lots of things to do. Very good story, the kill side missions get repetitive very quickly, though all the other optional stuff are very fun. I liked the crafting system a lot but i feel the could have taken it a step further. Nice combat and a lot of fun abilities you can unlock. My major complain is that they could have exploited the jungle enviroment a little better, when i hear jungle what comes to mind is survival and this game didn't have that. Overall a much better game than the previous titles in the series! Recommended!!! Expand
  88. May 18, 2013
    The game looks stunning. Sounds are top notch, so is acting.

The game looks stunning. Sounds are top notch, so is acting.

However they have drastically dumbed the series down. The AI is laughable, money are really easy to earn, it takes you half a second to heal during the battle, and the healing plants are scattered all over the map etc etc etc. Also some parts of the story are so painfully stupid it hurts. To enjoy the game I recommend that you don't play it any longer than 2 hours a week, otherwise all those annoying things start to get you.
  89. Apr 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tasteless, repetitive, boring, unbalanced, horrible performance, no optimization whatsoever. That's what this game is.

It desperately tries to bring an entire open world where you feel like a survivor in an epic adventure, but in the end it doesn't. No immersion. I don't feel like I'm Jason. The story is not bad, but it's not good either. Nothing new. The main antagonist is the only character with a real personality. And that's not good. It makes me want to lose so he can win.

Let's focus on each point and why it fails:
    1. Story: nothing new. Boy goes on adventure, something goes wrong, friends in trouble, must become a hero and save them, join some guys who are against the villain's tirany. It's not bad, but it's not enough.

2. Performance: laggy, choppy, with no optimization, can't play in high graphic settings with more than 30 fps. And even playing in ultra, the graphics are not good enough for what it consumes. So far, a crappy port.

3. Gameplay mechanics: nothing new, and very badly done. Open world, full of enemies, you can hunt, you can do side missions, you can collect things, you can craft. Like any other open world game of this kind. Weapons suck, I can do more damage with an AK47 than with a Magnum revolver. I mean, a magnum has a 6-bullet round and should take 1 shot to kill, but in this game, it takes all 6, even with headshots, versus 1 headshot with the AK47 which can be accomplished fairly easy if you are used to FPS games. Bows? More like freaking machineguns at the speed they shoot. No need to charge your shot, no sir, the arrow will always go fast as a bullet out of the bow, and you don't even need to reload! Incendiary arrows? Way better! Just shoot them 20 times in 10 seconds and burn the whole island to the ground!

4. Interface: crappy. They should've used Steamworks instead of UPlay for multiplayer, because it is very buggy and difficult to join a lobby. It takes a long while to load because it has to send and receive a lot of data, and it does it slowly.

5. DRM: the worst part. Not only you have to log into Steam to play, but you also have to log into UPlay to launch the game. And the worst of the worst? Manual input of serial keys, without being able to paste it. You have to input it letter by letter and remember, no scores or capitals, or else it won't work! It took me 3 times to enter it correctly because of this! to unlock your game and DLC. Why on Earth?

6. Co-op: linear, repetitive, boring. It can be fun if you play with friends or just want to shoot around people, but just that.

Overall, this game was a disappointment. I don't even want to finish it.
  90. Jan 13, 2014
    This game is simply perfect, story is best,characters are also impressive.In addition this game has best graphics,far cry 2 was not so much attractive but this is really a master piece. Its story has no link to far cry 2,pc version contains so much bugs like sometimes u cant pick up a weapon.For me,this game is capable of getting 9 at least.
  91. Oct 25, 2013
    I think this game is one of the best games ever,because this game is really. I like this game ,because here is very nice missions and quality. This game can be the best game of 2012 years.
  92. Jan 10, 2014
    Never played the first 2 games. So this is a brand new experience to me. Far Cry 3 Is a very good game.
    The story is at the top of it's game with interesting characters and lets be honest one of the most memorable side villains of all time in gaming, Vaas his appearances in game were my favorite moments in the game.
    The Open World element is strong too. Vast Jungles to the Open seas make
    The Open World element is strong too. Vast Jungles to the Open seas make this the most entertaining FPS of the year.
    The Multiplayer was mediocre but some features shined such as the Game Ending Cinematics with the top 3 players of the winning team and the best player of the losing team, The 1st place player of the winning team chooses to Spare or Kill the losing player, which I found very funny also the map edit feature was excellent as well.

93. Apr 8, 2014
    Two main reason I dropped this game:
    1. Cheap and exhausting interface, either the developer team is dumb or barely put any effort into it.
    Two main reason I dropped this game:
    2. Buggy, specially terrain reference... You're going to constantly stumbled unto some pebbles or terrain layer joints and have to jump over or press dash button again. Needless to say, it's annoying as hell when you have to deal such a thing in the heat of a battle. Other things like game broken bug - I encountered 2 place that get you stuck during one Monkey mission in the temple area. And finally a total blackout for no reason during a strong hold capture. Have those Ubi staff ever test play their f*cking **** Have they put the money supposed to go to the quality administration to make more promoting videos?
  94. Mar 12, 2014
    Awesome game with an impressive open world; Lots of opportunities for wandering. A nice plot and well-made side missions. Far Cry3 is a perfect game. Salute to Ubisoft!
  95. Mar 13, 2014
    This is possibly one of the worst written and acted games I have EVER played. The voice acting is so cringe worthy and atrocious that you will end up rooting for the bad guys to kill your character. The combat is much too easy with every human enemy dying in one or two rounds (or arrows) and animals being slightly harder. The graphics are the only thing worth giving a plus for, as the gameThis is possibly one of the worst written and acted games I have EVER played. The voice acting is so cringe worthy and atrocious that you will end up rooting for the bad guys to kill your character. The combat is much too easy with every human enemy dying in one or two rounds (or arrows) and animals being slightly harder. The graphics are the only thing worth giving a plus for, as the game drags on way too long with the dumbest story you will ever experience. A spoiled rich kid with a prepubescent voice killing off pirates that the local militia apparently aren't capable of. The weapons can all be obtained within a couple of hours as money is everywhere, and the Assassins Creed like radio towers provide them for free. On top of that, the game crashes every two hours without giving you a hint as to why. It makes me wonder if the professional critics played the same game as I did.

I give it two points for the graphics, but that is honestly the only redeemable thing about it. The experience was just loathsome, especially the voice acting will make you want to stop playing as soon as anyone talks.
  96. May 31, 2014
    The game is a lot of fun from times to times. The island world is really beautiful and the cut scenes and npc acting is so great that it some times feels like beeing in a movie. The down side is that the island istoo crowded with enemy NPC:s (which consists of animals and guerilla warriors). You can't go any 100 meters in any direction without bumping in to a fight with something whichThe game is a lot of fun from times to times. The island world is really beautiful and the cut scenes and npc acting is so great that it some times feels like beeing in a movie. The down side is that the island istoo crowded with enemy NPC:s (which consists of animals and guerilla warriors). You can't go any 100 meters in any direction without bumping in to a fight with something which destroys the flow that the game could have had.
    The multiplyer of the game is good but generic.
  97. Sep 27, 2014
    A 2 year old game that still look's better then every game till date! The story is grate and the Wildlife is **** amazing!

con: Uplay is still the reason for Japan's high suicide rate!
  98. Jan 21, 2013
    Honestly? This game is absolutely amazing. I play a ton of games in my free time, and Far Cry 3 definitely took the most time out of me. It provided me with over 60 hours of gameplay, full of pleasure and enjoyment. A fun, time-consuming, and often breathtaking experience. Definitely worth your time - play it!
  99. Dec 27, 2012
    Pros: stunning visuals, great story and characters, beautiful open world to explore, very satysfying combat.
    Cons: repetitive side missions, crashed a few times.

In short: one of the best games of 2012.
  100. Dec 9, 2012
    Gra warta wydania 130zł Bardzo dobrze rozwinieta i fajna fabuła.Optymalizacja tej gry troche kuleję ale jak na taki wielki obszar jest dobrze. Za mało jest broni.
  101. Dec 13, 2012
    Fantastic game, I'd probably go as far to say one of the best fps I have played in recent times. The story is immersive, I think using the 'not-cut-out-for-this' guy as the main was a great decision as it boosts the game's immersion even more and that's what you want from a story isn't it? The graphics are AMAZING to say the least. Runs smoothly on medium on my lower end rig. The negativeFantastic game, I'd probably go as far to say one of the best fps I have played in recent times. The story is immersive, I think using the 'not-cut-out-for-this' guy as the main was a great decision as it boosts the game's immersion even more and that's what you want from a story isn't it? The graphics are AMAZING to say the least. Runs smoothly on medium on my lower end rig. The negative reviewers seem to pick holes in the form of cons which go for every game on the market that ever has, or will be released. I really don't know what the expect from a game developer. This is a fantastic game full of colour, depth and a whole lot of fun. If you haven't already got it, please pick it up now. The game of the year for me. Collapse

2. Jan 29, 2013
    Exhilarating, colorful, mindless – that's Far Cry 3 in three words.
  3. Jan 24, 2013